RodrigoRM

• Nice Taste
  • Too Much Sodium
  • A Bit High On Sugar
  • Poor Mixability
Well I am very excited to share my experience with MET-Rx's High Protein Pancake Mix. This review is way overdue since I used this for the first time a couple years ago. This is by no means a staple supplement and I hardly consider it a supplement at all. It's more of a snack option for me. On to the review...

Ingredients: 8.2/10

Ingredients: 8.2/10

This product does have a bunch of goodies with it. It includes: wheat flour, barley flour, metamosyn protein blend (whey concentrate, milk isolate, soy isolate), L-glutamine, medium chain triglycerides and flaxseed. I personally love the inclusion of glutamine and medium chain triglycerides. On the downside: it has too much sodium (24% daily value per serving) and 8g of sugar per serving. It does have high carbs for anyone who is cutting back (31g per serving). And well, it does contain gluten for those who are allergic to it.

Taste/Mixability: 7.6/10

The taste is actually very good. Eating this plain is much more tasty than regular pancakes. I only add one tbsp of natural honey with it (not maple syrup) and it tastes incredible. Always a pleasure to eat. The mixability is a bit rough. In my personal experience I found the directions did not really match the desired consistency of the pancake so I had to do trial and error. You probably won't make perfect pancakes in the first go.

Word of advice. With the recommended dose (2 scoops) I make one large pancake instead of 3 tiny pancakes. It is easier to cook and much less time consuming.

I am not going to rate this in terms of how I made increases in strength at the gym or how I built muscle. That would be ridiculous. I just consider this an effective product because it achieved what I wanted: I got an alternative to my diet (breakfast really), that wasn't too time consuming or incredibly expensive.

The value is probably spot on. You can get this in amazon for about $14. Don't know how much it would cost in the actual store. Again, this is not a "vital" supplement whatsoever so I probably wouldn't be willing to pay much more than that.

Overall: 8.3/10

Overall, I am very happy with this product. I don't need it, but I am happy whenever I do have some. Basically, it delivers for what I want and I can't ask for much more than that. If there are any pancake lovers again like myself, I recommend you look into this High Protein Pancake Mix.

Why an 8 overall when both effectiveness and value score a 9? In this case, misleading directions in regard to mixability and a couple ingredients in higher amounts than I would like account for it.

May 16, 2013

• Easy To Swallow
  • No After Taste
  • Improved Mood
  • Joint
  • Support
This has been my first multivitamin ever and it has been one positive change. I continued to hear how important these supplements were for anyone who practiced sports and decided to give it a go. Now I am a firm believer that I need a multivitamin in any stack I decide to use in the future.

Profile: 9

Profile: 9

I love the profile of this multi. You get all the vitamins and minerals you could possibly imagine in pretty good doses. It has a "phyto" blend which is focused in aiding with the consumption vegetables and fruits even if it is in powder form. It further does have an "enzyme" blend which should aid with better absorption of micro and macro nutrients. You can see the multivitamin is not targeted for men but for men who are active with sport, I would not recommend this to my grandad. It has an amino-blend although small dosed to ensure you get some BCAA base. It further has a viri-blend which doesn't really need an explanation why you would need that.

Dosing: 10

Probably one of the highlights of this multi, you need to take 3 pills a day, one with each meal. This is very convenient and easy to remember which is crucial with a multivitamin. The pills are not too large and go down easy, that was my experience at least because people tend to differ in this matter. No unpleasant smell or taste/aftertaste came from the pills whatsoever.

Effectiveness: 8.1

I liked how my first experience with a multivitamin turned out. I had increased energy in general terms and my digestion of foods became much more friendly. I experienced a slight but noticeable improvement of my mood and will to do things. I have been sick once since taking these and I started them back in March so I would consider this to be an improvement in comparison to when I did not take them. I would say I was indeed satisfied with my immune system improvement. Recently I have been experiencing moderate joint pain which is a reason why I am choosing a different multi afterwards.

Value: 9.2

Again, because of the dosage, this supplement does have a pretty good value compared to other multivitamins. I am able to get a 60 day supply of these in amazon for under $20 which is pretty affordable. For a good quality multivitamin such as this I would say the price is fair to say the least.

Side-Effects:

You do get the neon yellow urine as a result of taking the multi. I don't have any particular problem with this. It doesn't make pee smell bad or anything.

Overall: 8.8

Perhaps the overall I am choosing seems a bit low but the thing is it mainly comes down to the effectiveness of products to me. Don't get me wrong I loved Opti-men and consider it to be a top notch multi but I think I need a multi that has some joint support. If I did not have any joint issues this would definitely be my multivitamin of choice and I highly recommend it to others. I am now going to try Orange Triad by Controlled Labs but if I am not satisfied with it I will return to using Opti-men.

April 11, 2013

• Fast Recovery
  • Awesome Post Workout
  • Lean Muscle
  • Unique Flavor
  • Bit Pricey
  • Wish It Still Had Kre-alklyn
I was always hesitant about Myogenix Aftershock because when I first tried it back in 2010 I knew nothing about the company. I was really pleased with overall results after recommendations here in SR from fellow members and it has been a staple supplement of mine for quite a while.

Taste/Mixability: 9.8/10

Taste/Mixability: 9.8/10

As many have stated, the taste may not be too pleasant for some. Indeed the contents such as BCAA's and creatine are tough to conceal. I did make an uninformed purchase once and got the Wild Berry Blast flavor which was pretty bad. Then I searched for another flavor and, tired of chocolate and vanilla, fixed my eyes upon piña colada. I haven't tried more flavors of this product since. I absolutely love it. Granted mixability may be a bit tough but just use 16oz+ of water, maybe some ice and it will be very refreshing.

Ingredient Profile: 9.6/10

I am very happy with the high quality hidrolyzed whey isolate that it contains. Love the good BCAA blend and the creatine chelate. Yeah it could maybe be better if it were kre-alkalyn specially when I'm on a cut but I don't complain much. I really like the fact that it has glucosamine sulfate and chondroitin sulfate for joint support. I further find it impressive that it has under 300 cals per serving with the amount of ingredients it includes.

Effectiveness: 9.9/10

This is probably what I like the most about this product and it is also what it really comes down to: results. My recovery has never been better since using this, no matter how intense my workouts may have been. I have been able to gain lean muscle with it too, zero bloating. I've used this product when cutting and when trying to add lean muscle too, in both cases it has proven to be very successful. I personally love how sometimes I am beat after a grueling workout and drinking this in a few gulps almost provides me that instant sensation of replenishment and well being.

Value: 9.0/10

When I first checked the price of this product I thought to myself it was quite steep. I no longer feel the same way. Results with it have proven me sometimes expensive turns out cheap. Probably could be a tad cheaper but I don't think it's a factor to complain about.

Overall: 9.6/10

This is a very serious recovery product. The ingredient profile is very complete and it shows upon taking this repeatedly post-workout. I love the 34g of protein per serving and how versatile this supplement is for it can be used on a bulk or a cut. Granted I haven't used any other recovery products but maybe it is because of how satisfied I am with this product (And maybe products such as Biorhythm's Afterglow are just too rich for my blood). I recommend this to anyone who wants to build muscle, reduce soreness, plans to do a cut or just someone who plainly wants a high quality and complete recovery formula. Try it out and my bet is you won't be dissaointed.

June 16, 2010

• Less Soreness Upon Waking
  • Helped Recovery
  • Great All Around
  • Not Hungry Upon Waking!
  • Stands On Its Own Class Compared To Other Caseins
  • A Little Gritty
Well I am on my third tub of Optimum casein and I like almost everything about it. It is a time released protein formula which comes in handy in special times of the day, bedtime mostly. I strongly believe that it should be a staple supplement on every serious athlete.

Convenience - I find this protein to aid me in several scenarios when I know I won't have the chance to get a meal for hours. This stuff helps me keep my body in an anabolic state, always having some protein on my system. I am a student so sometimes I have a shake of this before going into classes, great for when I run out of protein bars and excellent just before going to bed. Furthermore it is great for either bulking, cutting or eevn if you aren't on either of the previously stated plans. If you are cutting you find that you wake up less hungry in the morning than if you didn't take casein.

Effectiveness - I found a noticeable improvement in recovery, less muscle soreness. In short, this casein just does what its supposed to do, keeping your body in an anabolic state.

Ingredient profile - The BCAA's Optimum casein has to offer are fundamental for building muscle. It further is a very healthy protein: decently low sodium, only 120 calories, no sugar, 24g protein, 1g fat and only 3g of carbs which makes it an ideal bedtime protein. It further has nearly 5g of glutamine and precursors per scoop, great for aiding faster recovery.

Taste - This factor is the least important to me but i have tried two flavors. The cookies and cream is nice at first but you get bored quickly and it becomes rather bland. The chocolate supreme on the other hand is quite tasty and doesn't get old. If you have never tried a casein protein before,,, beware the texture is a bit thicker, adding water makes it smoother yet makes the taste less noticeable so you must try find your ideal amount of water really.

Would I recommend this? Definitely. Optimum scores high marks with this quality protein and gives you what your body requires when talking about casein proteins. Overall fantastic product.