RobertMc1982

• Member has been active for 6 years, and was last online this week

Reviews by RobertMc1982

October 30, 2018

Pros:
 Cons:
  • Good Meal Replacment
  • Amazing Taste
  • Keeps You Full
  • Mixes Effortlessly
  • No Bloating
  • Balanced Profile
  • Not Cost Effective At 4 Scoops

I found this to be extremely versatile, as it was effective as both a pre or post workout meal, and also as a general meal replacement. I primarily used it as a convenient healthy breakfast every morning, and as my pre workout meal on work days. It uses high quality ingredients, provides balanced macros, and tastes amazing. I really couldn't ask for anything more in a product like this!

I'm 36 years old, and have been lifting off and on since I graduated high school. I have always primarily focused on getting stronger, so I tend to center my workouts around the big 3 powerlifting movements. For the past 6 weeks or so, I have been working 6-7 days a week, so I have only been training 3 days a week on an upper/lower split. I was on this work/training schedule for the entirety of my run of Major Mass, and it was especially helpful as a quick, filling breakfast before I left for work in the mornings, since I was usually tired and in a hurry.

Here is a quick breakdown of the ingredients (per 2 scoops):

Protein: 20g
Carbs: 31g
Fat: 5g

Macros Sources:

The protein comes from a blend of whey concentrate/isolate, whole milk powder, and milk protein isolate, so you have different rates of digestion providing a steady stream of amino acids for several hours.

The carbs come from a blend of maltodextrin, dextrose, and Carb 10, which is a legume-based starch derived from peas that purports to be a quick carb source without causing an insulin spike. This blend provides multiple carb sources of moderate to low glycemic index values.

The fats come from a combination of coconut oil, MCT oil, avocado oil, and also from the whole milk powder, so this provides a variety of healthy fats.

Enzymes:

In addition to the macro profile, Major Mass also contains an enzyme blend for digestibility. This consists of Protease 1 and 2, Amylases, Lipase, and Lactase.

All in all, I feel this is a very comprehensive and well-thought-out profile. It covers all the basics, uses quality ingredients, and the addition of enzymes rounds everything out nicely. Very solid.

I had the Ice Cream Sandwich flavor, and it was very reminiscent of cookies and cream, which I suppose is technically what an ice cream sandwich is. It tasted great in water, but even better in skim milk or almond milk. I used 2 scoops 95% of the time, but I did try 3 and 4 scoops on a couple of occasions, just to see how it tasted/mixed. The taste was phenomenal at 4 scoops, like I had blended an actual ice cream sandwich, and it mixed surprisingly well in a blender bottle. I typically stuck with 2 scoops for economy, though, and found it very enjoyable and looked forward to drinking it.

I used this in three different ways, so I will just comment on how I felt it worked for me in each of those situations.

As a meal replacement:
This was my primary use of this, and it really shined here. I get up at 5:00 am every morning for work, and being the non-morning person I am, I do not normally have time to eat a solid meal for breakfast. I really enjoyed the convenience of being able to throw a couple of scoops of this in a blender bottle and drink it on my way to work, knowing that I was getting quality nutrients. It also kept me satiated well into mid-morning, and I never felt bloated. It kept my sugar cravings down for the most part, and helped me avoid the crappy vending machine snacks I'm surrounded by on a constant basis at work.

As a pre-workout meal:
This was a great insurance policy for preworkout nutrition on work days, since there is no guarantee that I will have enough down time to eat something during the time frame needed to train after work. Having this on hand meant I could reliably get a balanced meal in me 1.5-2 hours before I trained, and I always had plenty of energy and felt strong during my workouts after using this.

As a post-workout shake:
I normally make a shake from whey isolate, skim milk, and a banana for my post workout nutrition, but Major Mass provided similar macros as well. I used this a few times in place of my normal shake for convenience, and it worked just as well here. Beyond the peace of mind of knowing I am providing my body with the nutrients it needs for recovery, I judge post-workout nutrition on how it makes me feel after a workout. I found that this made me feel as refreshed and recovered as my normal shake.

VMI has this for $59.99 for a 60-scoop container on their website, but it can also be found elsewhere online for cheaper. Amazon has the Ice Cream Sandwich and Smores flavors for $49.99 with free shipping, and the Marshmallow Charms for $45.99. At two scoops, I feel this is a very good value, especially considering that most high quality proteins are at a similar price point, while this provides some additional goodies along with the protein. However, the value does take a hit if you decide to use more than 2-3 scoops, so keep that in mind. If you are like me and typically add carbs to your protein, though, this is will provide a convenient and cost-effective option, as long as you don't get too crazy with the scooper.

Side Effects

Conclusion

This provides quality ingredients in just the right amounts, and is another homerun from VMI in my book. Everything I have tried from this company has been great, and this product was no exception. Major Mass is a versatile product that can be used to increase overall calories for someone trying to gain mass, or it can be used as a sensible and convenient meal replacement for anyone regardless of their fitness goals. Thanks again to VMI for participating in the TROOPS program, and for letting me try this!

Overall
Thanks to Nutrology for sending it out!
  October 20, 2018

Pros:
 Cons:
  • All Natural Ingredients
  • Increased Vascularity

This is a worthy entry into the preworkout market, distinguishing itself in the crowded market as an effective all-natural product. While this does not give as dramatic of effects as some of the higher-end products out there, it definitely gives you what you need to get the job done. I also really like the fact that there are no dyes or artificial flavors, both of which are prone to giving me heartburn. Overall, I really enjoyed this product, and would use it again if I could find a good deal.

I'm a 36 year old dad, currently working 7 day...

I'm a 36 year old dad, currently working 7 days a week while working out 3 days per week. My workouts during most of my run of this consisted of an upper/lower split focusing on the "big 3" movements plus OH press. I have used an uncountable number of preworkouts in the past, and typically favor high stimulant formulas. I was looking for a change of pace with this to try something healthy and natural, and to give my adrenal glands a break for while.

This has a simple, fully-disclosed ingredient label, and I feel they did a good job covering all the preworkout bases using only natural ingredients. I also like how they use no dyes or artificial sweeteners, as the other ingredients include "natural flavors", citric acid, stevia, and red beet powder (for color). Here's a quick rundown of the label. Serving size is two scoops, and the amounts given are per serving:

Beet Juice Powder - 3g

Natural source of nitrates, which in turn causes an increase in nitric oxide, increasing blood flow and leading to better performance. In addition to vasodilation, beet juice also has cardioprotective and anti-cancer properties.

Creatinol-O-Phosphate (COP) - 1g

This synthetic analogue of creatine is an interesting ingredient I don't remember seeing before. It was originally developed as a cardioprotective drug, but it has apparently been gaining popularity for its performance benefits. Actual evidence is hard to find, but it supposedly acts as a buffer to keep acidity down within muscles, which allows them to continue to contract for longer. This makes it more similar to beta alanine in its effects rather than creatine, and the idea is to combine this with beta alanine for maximum benefits. I could not find any information regarding its oral bioavailability, so I can not comment on the effective dose, unfortunately.

Beta Alanine - 2g

This preworkout staple increases carnosine levels, which acts as an acid buffer to allow you to keep working out longer. At 2g, it is a little underdosed compared to the 3.2g clinical dose, but 2g is enough to reap benefits in my experience. Like creatine, this is a supplement you can take 7 days a week to reach and maintain saturation. I think the typically accepted time frame is 3.2g for roughly a month to reach saturation, then your carnosine levels are elevated enough for you to experience the peak benefits.

Ascorbic Acid (Vitamin C) - 2g

Good 'ol vitamin C. Antioxidant good for general health and well being.

Yerba Mate (20% caffeine) - 1250mg

This is traditionally made into a tea to provide a coffee-like stimulant boost, and also contains small amounts of vitamins and minerals such as vitamin C, E, selenium, and zinc. Its primary health benefits come from the fact that it contains saponins, which are natural compounds with anti-inflammatory properties. This is standardized to 20% caffeine, coming to 250mg of natural caffeine, which for me translated nicely into a couple of hours worth of smooth, clean energy.

The serving size is two scoops, and the directions say to mix 1-2 scoops in 16oz of water 20 minutes prior to your workout or physical activity. I always took at least 2 scoops, but sometimes went with 3 to get the full beta alanine dose. I never had any mixability issues even with the additional scoop.

The taste, however... Oh man, this one was tough for me to drink at first. I did start to acquire a taste for it towards the end, but it was by no means enjoyable. The flavor I received was Passion Fruit, but there was no hint of that in there. It's understandable, though, because it contains only natural ingredients. The primary flavor definitely comes from the beet juice powder, from what I could tell, but there was a pretty strong bitterness in there as well presumably from the yerba mate. To make things easier, I ended up reducing the amount of water I used to around 4oz, which allowed me to get it down in a couple of gulps. This surprisingly didn't affect the mixability much, especially when I used lukewarm as opposed to cold water.

So here is the most important part, how well does it work? I have to say I was pleasantly surprised by how well this worked for me. I will break it down into the typical preworkout categories.

Energy:

This gave me a very noticeable boost in energy for a couple of hours after taking it. It was comparable to drinking a couple of cups of good coffee, but I never noticed any jitters like I sometimes get with coffee. I always had plenty of energy for my workout, and never had any sort of crash or lingering after effects. This was the most prominent effect I noticed with this product. Very solid.

Pump:

I noticed a slightly increased pump with this, moreso on back/pull days. The veins in my arms and hands also popped out a good bit more than usual. In fairness, there are only a few products that I've tried that really give me a crazy good pump. I think my body fat is still too high.

Focus:

I noticed a slight increase here as well. I didn't have the tunnel vision focus like DMAA/DMHA gives me, but that isn't the objective here. I never had any problems tuning out distractions and staying on task.

Here where this takes a hit, unfortunately. Nutrology currently offers this on sale on their website for $45, and Amazon currently has it for $49.99 with free shipping. While $1.50 - $1.66 a serving isn't unheard of for preworkouts nowadays, I feel that price point is reserved more for products with much more extensive/complete formulas. Although an argument could be made to justify the price due to it being all-natural, it would be hard for me to choose this over one of those top-notch preworkouts for the same price. However, if they could manage to get the price down somewhat, I would gladly make this a regular staple to give myself a break from the more stim-heavy formulas I typically use.

Side Effects

Conclusion

Overall, Nutrology did a great job with this product. This product is straightforward, has no crazy label claims (or any claims at all for that matter), and does not pretend to be anything other than what it is: an all-natural preworkout based around beet juice. If you are looking for a huge stimulant rush and skin-tearing pumps, this is not for you, but if you are looking for a healthy, natural way to boost your workout without any sort of artificial ingredients, then you really can't go wrong here. It is a great product overall, I just wish it were a little cheaper. Big thanks to Nutrology for giving me the opportunity to try this!

Overall
Thanks to Alpha Lion for sending it out!
  October 18, 2018

Pros:
 Cons:
  • Drop Water Weight
  • Appetite Suppressant
  • Fully Disclosed Label
  • Expensive If You Use Two Doses Per Day
  • Temporary Heartburn

I took this product every morning, and sometimes after lunch during that mid-afternoon slump. I lost a total of 8 lbs during my run of this, most of which was water weight, but I feel like there was some fat loss as well. Overall, I enjoyed this product as it gave me a good amount of energy throughout the day, and the scale did move in the right direction. The only downside was heartburn shortly after dosing, but it usually went away after an hour or so.

I'm 36 years old, and have been working out off and on since I graduated high school. I am currently back in the gym after a 2-1/2 year break, and am focusing on getting stronger while improving my body composition. I have used various stimulant based fat burners in the past with mixed results, so I was curious how this product would work for me.

The ingredients for this are broken down into 3 matrices.

All Day Energy Matrix:

X-Factor Matrix:
Dandelion Root - 200mg
Matcha Green Tea - 200mg
MCT Oil - 200mg

Serving size is 3 capsules, and for maximum results you are supposed to take 2 servings per day. I tried taking twice a day on a few occasions, but with 300mg of caffeine per serving combined with yohimbine and advantra z, it was almost too much for me. I stuck with one serving in the morning most days, after breakfast which was always a protein shake and banana. They are capsules, so taste was not a factor. I also did not notice any bad tasting burps afterwards.

My diet was not the greatest while I was taking this, but I still managed to lose 8 lbs over the 4 weeks I took this. Most of the weight I lost was during the first 10 days or so due to the diuretic effect, but I have noticed that I'm reading an average of 1% lower bodyfat on the electrical impedance device we have at work. The energy and diuretic effects were the most prominent effects I noticed with this, but I also sweated a lot more than normal for several hours after dosing. All in all, this product did everything I would expect or hope from a fat burner. It gave me plenty of energy, got rid of excess water weight, and had a noticeable thermogenic effect that let me know it was working. The one thing I did not notice was appetite suppression, however, as I still got hungry at my normal meal/snack times. I was also thirstier than normal. I usually drink roughly a gallon of water per day, but I was up to 1-1/2 gallons with this, especially on days when I took the afternoon dose. I figured this was due to the diuretic effect from the dandelion root.

Overall, I was impressed by this product, especially considering that I did not track my macros or make any special effort to gear my diet towards fat loss while taking this. I would be interested to see how effective this could truly be if implemented with a more optimal diet, but my work schedule made it somewhat impractical this time around.

The only place I've seen this is on Alpha Lion's website, and the price is currently $37 for a 30-serving container (90 pills), which is a good value if you can stretch it out for a month. However, if you take the recommended 2 doses per day for maximum results, the value quickly plummets. For the cost-conscious supplement consumer, I would recommend starting out with 1 dose per day for the first week to see how you respond before adding the second dose. If you find you get sufficient results with one dose, you will get a lot more bang for your buck. A BOGO deal would be an ideal situation here.

Side Effects

As I mentioned in the quick summary, I experienced heartburn after taking this. Sometimes were worse than others, but it happened every single time. I'm assuming it was due to the cayenne pepper, but I'm not 100% sure. It always went away on its on after an hour or so, though, and sooner if I had heartburn medicine handy.

Conclusion

Overall, this did everything I feel like a fat burner is supposed to do, and I feel like it lives up to its label claims for the most part. I would definitely recommend this to anyone looking for a good fat burner. The price is on the high side, but you can manipulate your dosages to extract the most value from it if necessary. At the end of the day, I feel like you get what you pay for here. Thanks to Alpha Lion for giving me a chance to try this!

September 21, 2018

Pros:
 Cons:
  • Improved Hydration
  • Fully Disclosed
  • Low Price

Great amino/intra product with 7g of BCAA's plus chelated minerals for superb hydration benefits. This performed extremely well for me as both an intra workout and as a general work aid when working outside in the heat.

I recently turned 36, and have lifted on and off since I graduated high school. I've currently been back in the gym for about 4 months after taking a year and a half off from working out. My training mostly consists of getting stronger, especially in the "big 3" plus OH press, and I was using Candito's Linear Program for the duration I took this product.

No proprietary blends here, which is a big plus! Everything is fully-disclosed, so you know what you are getting. The ingredient list is as follows:

Vitamin B6: 1250%

Potassium Glycinate (TRAACS by Albion): 50mg
    Magnesium Glycinate (TRAACS by Albion): 50mg
    Calcium Glycinate (TRAACS by Albion): 50mg
    Sodium Chloride: 50mg

You have a generous dose of BCAA's at 7g, betaine for strength augmentation and increased creatine production, and chelated minerals for hydration. Without getting over my head with the science behind it, to chelate a mineral means to bind it to an amino acid (glycine and/or glutamine here), which increases its bioavailabilty, so we absorb it more efficiently. TRAACS is Albion Human Nutrition's patented method for testing their mineral products, and stands for "The Real Amino Acid Chelate System". In practical terms for consumers, it is basically a quality control system that guarantees purity and that we are getting these minerals chelated as advertised.

I received a tub of the Tropical Mango Flavor, and also sample packs of most of the other flavors offered. Overall they were all good, and were pretty much spot on tasting like the flavors they were aiming for. The tropical mango was sweet, but not too sweet. The mango was most prominent in there, but also had a hint of orange/citrus. My favorite flavor I tried was probably the pink lemonade, but it is hard to say since I only had a sample of that one. I will probably choose that next time. It had a really nice balance of sweetness and tartness. It seemed the key to maximizing the flavors for each of them was using around 12oz of water, preferably very cold water as others have mentioned, or you can get away with a little more water if you use more than one scoop.

I usually went with one scoop to make the tub stretch, but also played around with 1-1/2 to 2 scoops on a couple of occasions. I never had any issues with mixability even when the water was particularly cold. Sometimes there would be a minimal amount of foam, but I would swish an ounce or two of water in my bottle after I finished it to get the remaining bit.

So how well did this work? Really well, actually! It did everything a BCAA product is expected to do, plus had the added bonus of hydration. I will break this down into categories based on the typical BCAA criteria and the product's label claims for more detail:

Enhanced endurance/performance:
    This is where the product really shined for me. I always seemed to be able to work out slightly harder for longer while taking this, and I had a noticeable decrease in recovery time between sets.

Reduced DOMS:
    This was probably the least noticeable aspect of this product for me, but that could be due to a number of factors such as diet and training variety. I did notice I never got too severely sore while taking this, though, even after I made some changes in my assistance work, which normally causes extra soreness as my body adapts to the new stimulus, so I do feel like this helped somewhat.

Muscle Building/Improved Body Composition:
    It is practically impossible to quantify how much muscle growth would be due to a single product, but I did get stronger and leaned out somewhat while taking this. I had several comments from friends and family about how I was looking bigger/more muscular, and I think this helped. If nothing else, the fact that I was able to push myself harder in the gym probably helped spur a little extra growth, so I'm pretty happy.

Improved Hydration:
    I believe the chelated minerals really helped in this aspect because I rarely felt the need to make extra trips to the water fountain while I was using this. This is actually pretty remarkable for me because I am easily the sweatiest guy in the gym at any given moment. I have always sweated a ridiculous amount compared to most other people (hyperhidrosis), so I pay extra attention to not become too dehydrated during physical activities. This stuff worked much better than sports drinks for me in this respect. It was like a secret weapon to combat dehydration. This was useful for me in the gym, and also when working in the yard at home or in a hot warehouse.

You can find this at various online supplement merchants, with the average price being around $30 with shipping. Amazon currently has it for $29.99 with free shipping for Prime customers. At $1 per serving, this is an excellent deal in my opinion, especially considering the quality of the product and the added hydration benefits of the chelated minerals.

Side Effects

I experienced no side effects with this.

Conclusion

Overall, this has been one of the best amino products I have ever tried, and would recommend it to anyone looking for a great BCAA product at a good price! It does everything you would expect from BCAA's, and when you add the hydration factor, it really is tough to beat, especially for the price. Thanks to VMI for giving me the opportunity to try this.

September 11, 2018

• Leaning Effect
    • Improved Vascularity
    • None

Quick Summary/Introduction

First off, thanks to VMI for letting me try this through the TROOPS program. VMI always has great customer service, promptly answering any questions I may have, and they seem to really care about their products. Everything I've tried from them has been great, and this product was no exception.

Quick Summary/Introduction

I'm a 36 year old guy coming back from a year and a half break from the gym, and have been working on getting stronger for the last 3 months or so. My training consisted of Candito's linear program for the entirety of my run of this product. I started using this the day after I finished VMI's Arimidrol, and whereas Arimidrol mainly gave me a libido boost like no other, this product gave me more of what I expect from an AI product. I had steady strength gains, increased muscle fullness, and was in a good mood and had more confidence in general while I was taking this. I was technically in my 5th week of an AI "cycle" when I started taking this, since I had taken Arimidrol for 4 weeks prior to starting this, so I started noticing these benefits within the first week. However, if I had taken this product without a previous AI, I would have expected to begin seeing results somewhere during week 2.

Vitamin E

"Aromatase Enzyme Inhibitor"
    (Prop blend: 165mg)
    Chrysin
    Astragin

DIM is the major metabolite of Indole-3-Carbinol, which is scientifically shown to have various positive effects on estrogen balance, as well as some anti-carcinogenic properties. With a combination of these two ingredients, you have both a direct and indirect means of obtaining DIM's effects. These two ingredients seem to be the workhorses of this supplement, along with the astragin for absorption. I couldn't find a clear consensus of calcium-d-glucarate, but it supposedly has anti-estrogenic properties. Chrysin is purported to have anti-estrogen properties as well, but seems to be poorly absorbed and requires a significantly higher dose than what is present in this product. However, the astragin may help with the absorption issue, allowing its effects to be felt.

Dosing is 2 capsules, once a day, prior to a meal or physical exercise, near or around the same time of day. I took this around 20 min before lunch for the first couple of weeks, then switched to taking it first thing in the morning around 20 min before breakfast. I didn't notice any difference physically between these dosing schemes, but first thing in the morning ended up being the most convenient time for me.

As I said in the quick summary, I started noticing effects by the end of the first week, since I had been taking Arimidrol for 4 weeks prior to this. I had steady strength increases, my muscles seemed slightly fuller, and I started noticing more veins and definition, especially in my arms and chest. The effects were more subtle than an arimistane product, but were definitely noticeable. My legs have increased in size considerably, making me now unable to wear a couple of pairs of shorts I have comfortably. I have to contribute this mostly to the Candito program, however, since I am squatting and deadlifting twice a week, in addition to other lower body hypertrophy work, but I feel like this probably helped somewhat. I also had more drive and a general feeling of confidence for most of my run of this. The only place this product felt mediocre for me, at least compared to Arimidrol, was libido. In fairness, Arimidrol gave me an incredible libido boost, like no other nutritional/performance supplement I've ever tried. However, my libido seemed to return to baseline after a week or so switching to this product. I have a naturally high libido anyway, though, so I don't really see this as a negative. It didn't reduce my sex drive or anything, it just didn't give the level of boost that the previous product gave me.

One thing that really stood out to me, which is why I want to give this its own paragraph, is that it completely stopped the night sweats I had been having for the past couple of years. For probably two years before taking this product, I woke up sweaty every single morning, sometimes waking in the middle of the night to swap pillows or shirts because they were soaked. It was horrible and I probably should have gone to the doctor lol.. However, by the end of my first week of taking this product, I was no longer having these night sweats, and never had them again for the duration of my run. I'm not sure what was causing them, but I have read that low testosterone could be among the culprits. Since I haven't seen a doctor or had my hormone levels checked, I can't be 100% certain, but the correlation of me taking this and the night sweats stopping seems too significant to ignore. It is just my guess, but judging from this and the way I felt during the time I was using this product, I feel like this must have returned my testosterone/estrogen levels to a more optimal balance.

Amazon has this right now for $29.99 with free shipping, and you can easily find this other places online for around $30, which comes out to $1/day. This seems to be the standard price for AI products, and considering the quality of this product, I think this is an excellent value.

Side Effects

No sides to report. I experienced no joint pain or dryness typically associated with AI's.

Conclusion

All in all, I was very happy with this product, and would recommend it to anyone looking for an alternative to arimistane or just a quality AI product without breaking the bank. I received similar results, albeit more subtle, from this as I've gotten from arimistane in the past, but without the joint pain and dryness. This is something I will definitely use in the future to keep my hormone levels balanced, as it truly seems to have lived up to its label claims for me.

August 13, 2018

Pros:
     Cons:
    • Transparent Label
    • Solid Ingredients
    • Great Libido Boost
    • Hard To Measure Effectiveness

With the product's name being Arimidrol, I was expecting results similar to what I've typically gotten from the arimistane products I've tried in the past. However, where arimistane generally gave me a leaner, dryer look with a muscle hardening effect and some moderate strength gains, the highlight of this product for me was an elevation in libido and an increased pleasure during sexual activities. I feel like this product was working for me, but the aesthetic and performance benefits were not as noticeable as I was expecting. However, the libido effects were unmistakable, and were a nice surprise.

First off, big thanks to VMI for participating in the TROOPS program, and for letting me try this. I'm a 36 year old dad, and have lifted weights on and off since I graduated high school. I've never had huge numbers, but I enjoy doing the "big 3" powerlifting exercises and tend to focus my training on increasing those lifts and gaining strength in general. I stopped working out in early 2016 due to life taking an unexpected turn, but have been back in the gym for a few months now. I have used AI products in the past for piece of mind in regard to hormonal balance, and am especially interested in using them now as I'm getting older.

Astragalus Extract: 250mg
    General adaptogen and immune booster that has been shown to have cardioprotective effects according to Examine.com.

Acacetin: 100mg
    Isolated from damiana leaf (turnera diffusa), this is the aromatase inhibitor and workhorse of the product. I could not find any information regarding the specific dosages used in the supporting research studies, unfortunately, but the ingredient is backed by clinical research as well as anecdotal evidence on various forums.

Dosage is two capsules, once a day, 20-30 minutes prior to a meal or training. I took it before lunch everyday because it is the most consistent meal I have during the day timing-wise, and I try my best to space the doses as evenly as possible. I never experienced any bad tasting burps or anything after taking this. I used one bottle, which was a 30-day supply.

In order to keep from rambling, I'm going to break this part up into the typical categories for AI products, and include what I noticed for each. I will list the category in which I noticed the strongest effect first, and go down from there.

Libido:
    As I mentioned in the title and quick summary, the libido boost I received from this was by far the most prominent effect I received from this, and was really the only way I could tell it was doing anything for me up until the last several days of the bottle. Without divulging TMI, after a week so I felt a noticeable increase in sex drive, an increase in frequency in erections, sometimes for no reason, and sexual activities felt better and were more intense.

Mood/Attitude:
    I didn't notice any changes mentally until the last few days, but I did notice that around the day 25 mark that I was in a better mood than usual, and I seemed to have more energy in the afternoons than usual. I normally drink an energy drink at work around 1:30 to help push through the rest of the afternoon, but I made it through all of last week without using it. I came into work this morning tired AF from a long weekend, and was very happy to see that the energy drink I bought last Monday was still in the fridge. I have also noticed I've been more confident when dealing with some of the more difficult contractors at work. It is a subtle difference and certainly could be due to a placebo effect, but it's noticeable and welcome nonetheless.

Body Composition:
    I didn't notice anything here that couldn't be attributed to my diet and training, but I did put on about 3 pounds while keeping my bodyfat roughly the same. I believe this could have had some effect here, but it is just too hard to say for sure how much. However, the fact that I didn't gain any noticeable amount of fat, coupled with the mood boost I noticed during the final week makes me feel like it may have been having a positive effect on my cortisol levels. I would be curious to see how much/if any further benefit I could have gotten from running two bottles consecutively.

Strength Performance:
    I was steadily getting stronger before taking this due to muscle memory and the fact that I have plenty of room for linear progression as a novice trainee. I continued getting stronger while taking this, but I did not notice any real boost in strength from this. Again, this product certainly did not hurt, but I can't say for sure that I noticed a benefit here.

Side Effects

None, unless you count morning wood. I had it practically every morning after around the two-week mark with this, sometimes it would even wake me up in the middle of the night. I finished the bottle three days ago, and now that I think about it, I haven't had this occurrence for the past couple of nights.

Amazon has this for $24.99 with free shipping using prime, which is the best deal I've found. At roughly $0.83 a serving, I think this is a good value, especially if you respond well to acacetin. If nothing else, it represents a cheap way to test out your response to this particular ingredient without spending too much money.

Conclusion

Overall, I feel like this product was having some effect, but probably needed more time for the benefits to become more noticeable. The libido/sexual aspects were quite obvious, but the aesthetic and functional effects I typically experience with an AI were more subtle than I was expecting if they manifested at all. It could be that I just do not respond to acacetin as quickly as other AI's such as arimistane, though, so your mileage may vary because there does seem to be both clinical and anecdotal evidence out there to support its effectiveness. I feel like an 8-week run will be necessary for me to truly judge this product's effectiveness, but for the price, it is worth a shot if you've never tried an acacetin-based AI.

Thanks to LabTech Nutraceuticals for sending it out!
      July 31, 2018

Pros:
     Cons:
    • No Proprietary Blends
    • Clinically Dosed
    • Incredible Energy And Focus
    • Mood Enhancement
    • Decent Pumps
    • Comprehesive Ingredient Profile
    • Can Be A Bit Expensive Without Deals

Update 10/13/2018:
    I just purchased this from their website, and they do offer free shipping via USPS. I'm really looking forward to using this again!
    -----

Simply put, this stuff just works. It consistently provided me with long-lasting energy and focus, and always had me feeling ready to workout no matter how I felt before heading to the gym. This is the best preworkout I have had in a long time, and possibly ever!

Update 10/13/2018:
    -----

I'm 35 years old, almost 36, and have lifted weights off and on ever since I graduated high school. I am currently in my 7th week back working out after a 2 1/2 year break, so I'm finally getting back into the swing of things.

The product's name is Full Spectrum Rx, and for good reason! This preworkout has one of the most comprehensive formulas I've ever seen in a product of this category, with clinical doses to cover all the bases. Here is a quick rundown of what's under the hood.

It starts with the whole complex of B vitamins from B1 to B12 for energy, then consists of two non-proprietary blends. I really like how everything is fully-disclosed, and all the ingredients are sufficiently dosed.

Pump/Endurance Matrix Blend:
    Citrulline Malate: 8g
    Beta Alanine: 3.5g
    L-Taurine: 2250mg
    Agmatine Sulfate: 1.5g
    AAKG: 1250mg
    Beet Root Extract: 1g

Energy/Focus Matrix Blend:
    Caffeine Anhydrous: 350mg Caffeine, with none of those pesky hydrouses.
    L-Dopa: 250mg Precursor to dopamine, helps with mood, focus, and stress.
    N-Acetyl L-Tyrosine: 250 mg Helps with stress.
    L-Theanine: 200mg Takes the edge off the stimulants present.
    2-Aminoisoheptane (DMHA): 175mg - Analog to DMAA. Works synergistically with caffeine to provide energy and focus.
    L-Norvaline: 100mg - I couldn't find any research, but 100mg seems to be the standard dose. Supposedly inhibits the breakdown of arginine.
    Dendrobium Nobile Extract: 50mg Novel stimulant without much concrete evidence, but supposedly helps with a number of ailments.
    Higenamine Hydrochloride: 50mg Similar fat burning mechanism as ephedrine.
    Naringin: 50mg Antioxidant that gives grapefruit its bitter flavor.
    Phenylethylamine Hydrochloride: 50mg Number of benefits including focus, mood, and cognitive enhancement.
    Noopept: 30mg - Anti-anxiety and mood enhancement.
    Octopamine Hydrochloride: 30mg Similar to norepinephrine, aids in alertness and fat burning.
    N-Methyl Tyramine Hydrochloride: 25mg Stimulant/fat burner.
    Synephrine Hydrochloride: 20mg - Stimulant/fat burner.
    Rutaecarpine: 10mg Facilitates the breakdown and elimination of caffeine to help combat sleeplessness. I found this interesting*
    Huperzine A 1%: 10mg Cognitive enhancement.
    Alpha Yohimbine: 1mcg Stimulant/fat burner.

Mood/Absorption:
    Black Pepper Fruit Extract: 5mg
    6 7-Dihydroxybergamottin (DHB): 5mg

I had the sour gummy candy flavor, and it was not very tasty. It's kind of hard to explain, but it was kind of like pink lemonade with a little bit of cough syrup thrown in for good measure. It was tolerable, though, and I even started to kind of enjoy it in a weird way after the first couple of uses. Mixability was surprisingly good considering the size of the scoop and the number of ingredients, though there was usually a very small amount of foamy sediment left over. I usually just added an ounce or two of water after I finished it and swished it around and downed that last little bit.

I usually took 1 scoop around 20 minutes before working out. I didn't really play around with the dosage because 1 scoop was always plenty, and I did not feel the need for any more or any less. On the few days I took this at work, however, I took one scoop and drank half in the morning, and then the other half after lunch.

As I stated in the quick summary, this preworkout always made me feel ready to workout, regardless of how I felt beforehand. There were a couple of days towards the end of my run that I really did not feel like going to the gym, and I ended up having a really good workout. I usually downed this right before I left to go to the gym, which is about a 10-15 minute drive away, and I would usually start feeling the beta alanine tingles along with increased energy and awareness right as I was pulling into the parking lot.

Energy/Endurance:
    I really enjoyed the energy this gave me. It would come on quickly, as you expect with the amount of stimulants present in this, but what I really liked was how it seemed to completely banish any trace of fatigue for a while. Because of this, I was usually able to take less time between sets, and was even able to add exercises here and there when I wasn't necessarily planning to do so, just because I felt I could. It always provided a nice surge of energy initially to get me motivated, but then after 30-40 minutes or so, I would invariably notice that I was no longer tired anymore, if that makes any sense. It never made me feel overly stimulated, although it certainly made me feel much more energetic, but instead took me to a perfect level of energy, and kept me there for my entire workout and then usually an hour or so afterwards before tapering off. I never experienced any sort of crash with this, but I could tell when it started wearing off, especially on days when I had decided to do more than expected in the gym and the fatigue that was previously blocked starting setting in lol..

All in all, this provided the best energy I could ever hope for in a supplement. I'm not trying to be hyperbolic, it just worked that well for me in this aspect. Truly amazing!

Focus:
    This was another area this product shined for me. I never once had a problem staying on task with this, both in the gym and the few times I used this at work. I could tune out distractions at will, which helped a lot in both the gym and work, and I felt my overall production was improved while taking this.

Pump:
    This product was average in this aspect for me, but strangely seemed to start working better towards the end of my run. It did have an obvious effect, especially during higher-rep work and dropsets, but it was pretty much middle-of-the-road for me here.

The cheapest I've found this is $49.99 on Lab Tech's website, which seems a little steep for a preworkout. LabTech offers an 18% discount on their website, though, which brings the price down to $41.00. At $1.36 a serving, this is actually a pretty good value in my opinion, especially considering the amount of ingredients and the effectiveness of the product. I'm not sure if they offer free shipping, or if not, how much it will cost. If it's around $5 or so, the value is still good in my opinion.

Side Effects

Slight insomnia at first:
    I had trouble sleeping the first couple of nights I used this, so I started going to the gym immediately after work to give the product time to sufficiently wear off before bed. This was the one downside to the effects lasting so long. However, I was able to get away with working out a little later if I had to after a couple of weeks, though, I guess from a slight tolerance buildup.

Elevated Mood:
    The first couple of times I used this were very euphoric and enjoyable. The first time was especially intense, which was awesome. After those first couple of times, I no longer experienced the euphoria, but I was consistently in a better mood while taking this. This made the product particularly enjoyable to use.

Conclusion

The energy and focus, along with the mood boost make this possibly the best preworkout I have ever used. I truly enjoyed my run of this. It may be a bit pricey, but you truly get what you pay for here. If you can handle the stimulants, I highly recommend this to anyone looking for a top-notch preworkout!

June 29, 2018

Pros:
     Cons:
    • No Prop Blends
    • Consistent Performance
    • Good Pump
    • Overpriced
    • Some Ingredients Under Dosed

I used this product both as a preworkout and also as a coffee substitute, since it is way too hot outside for me to drink coffee for now. My workouts consisted of strength training 4 days per week, with little to no cardio. I also used this at work which usually consists of sitting at a desk for most of the day, but I also worked some 8 hour days landscaping in southern Mississippi heat and humidity. Sometimes I would mix this in a water bottle, and sometimes I would put the powder straight into my mouth and chase it with water. It seemed to work equally with both methods, so I did whatever was convenient at the time. Overall, this product did what I needed it to do for the most part, which was to give me energy and endurance for my workouts and daily activities, but I tended to need more than the recommended dosage more often than not, especially before workouts.

I really like the fact that this has no proprietary blends, which is always the first thing I look for when I am choosing a product. I don't necessarily discount a product if it has prop blends, but it was certainly a good first impression to see that this had a fully-disclosed label. I had mixed feelings about the ingredients, though, as some appeared to be underdosed, but I was willing to give the benefit of the doubt considering the AstraGin was in there to increase bioavailability. Here is a quick rundown on the ingredients for reference:

Citrulline Malate: Promotes endurance by helping get rid of ammonia produced during exercise, and increases bloodflow as your body converts it to L-Arginine and then nitric oxide. At 6g per scoop, you've got a good dose here.

Beta-Alanine: Promotes endurance by making the body less acidic. At 2g, this product falls short of having the standard 3.2g per serving, but this may be mitigated by the AstraGin contained in this as well.

Caffeine Anhydrous: Good 'ol caffeine. Energy, power, and endurance booster, as well as a cognitive enhancer. You have 200 mg in here, which is about the same as a couple cups of coffee, or your average energy drink.

AlphaSize Alpha GPC: Nootropic containing choline. This is meant to improve cognition and focus. Standard dose is between 300-600mg, so this seems underdosed at 200mg, unless the Astragin is meant to increase its absorption.

Taurine: Used for a myriad of purposes such as reducing anxiety, reducing cramping, and promoting hydration. Standard dose tend to be between 500mg at the very low end up to 2000+ mg. This contains 100mg.

Himalayan Rock Salt: Contains trace minerals, I'm assuming it's in here to help replace electrolytes lost while exercising.

Deer Antler Velvet Extract: This is in here to support accelerated recovery. I admittedly know little about this ingredient, but a quick look on examine.com suggests that most if not all claims about this product enhancing athletic performance and recovery are exaggerated at best.

AstraGin: Increases absorption of the other ingredients; the label specifically mentions citrulline.

ActiGin: In here to increase VO2 Max and boost athletic performance.

----Taste/Mixability: 8.5/10----

I had the Blood Raz flavor, and it was very tasty. It had a slight initial tartness with a sweet orange-y finish. It mixed well with minimal sediment in my water bottle using roughly 10oz of water and anywhere between 1-2 scoops. The tartness was much more pronounced when putting the powder directly in my mouth and chasing with water, but it wasn't overpowering and was tasty using this method as well.

With one scoop, the results for me were just kind of "meh". I could tell it was working because of the familiar beta alanine tingles and I usually got a decent pump, but I always found myself reaching for an additional caffeine source such as a Bang energy drink or some kind of RTD like Speed Stack to give a little extra energy. With two scoops, the results were very good, and more in line with what I expect from a preworkout. I'll break down my experience into some typical preworkout categories. These values are based on me taking 2 scoops.

Energy and Endurance: 7/10

The beta alanine tingles were always the first sign it was starting to kick in for me, followed by a gradual increase in alertness. This product never gave me a sudden jolt of energy upon kicking in, but instead gradually increased, plateaued at a moderate intensity, and then gradually wore off without me really even noticing. I never had a problem completing my workouts, which typically take about an hour, so I feel like it did what I needed it to do. I personally prefer a quick hit followed by a slow tapering off with energy, but this would be a good option for someone looking for something on the lighter side stimulant-wise.

Focus: 6/10

I never got "tunnel vision" focus while using this, but I could tell I was slightly less distracted. It felt like the slight boost in focus I get from energy drinks that contain caffeine, but have no additional focus-oriented ingredients.

Pump: 8/10

This is where this product really shined for me. I always got a pump no matter what part of my body I worked out. The pumps were what I would consider a "wet" pump I typically get while taking bulk citrulline malate, where the muscles look and feel inflated rather than more dense. This is my favorite kind of pump as clothes felt smaller, especially when working shoulders/arms, and deadlifts seemed to inflate almost every part of my body. Even walking upstairs on days I took this at work made my quads feel bigger. Very solid here.

Here is where this product takes a hit for me, since I had to take more than 1 scoop to get the effects I wanted, but your mileage may vary. The cheapest I've found this online is $42.95, which comes out to $1.43 per serving assuming free shipping. That's really not too bad, but it's still a little pricey in my opinion considering there are other options out there within or below this price point that work as well or better. However, if you need to take two servings like me, then you're looking at double that, which is too steep for me considering there are other, cheaper and more effective options.

Side Effects

I experienced no side effects while using this product.

Conclusion

In conclusion, I'm glad I tried this, but I know now that I prefer something more energy and focus oriented. I would recommend this to someone looking for a low-stim preworkout option, though, especially if they enjoy having a good pump and respond well to citrulline malate. I'd try to find it on sale, though, or use some kind of deal to lower the price a little.

Thanks to Primeval Labs for sending it out!
      January 15, 2016

Pros:
     Cons:
    • Joint Health
    • Good Recomping Agent
    • Not Liver Toxic
    • A Bit Pricey
    I received one bottle of this product through the TROOPS program, and used it while on the Madcow 5x5 program. The directions state to take 3-6 capsules divided into evenly-split doses. For the first two weeks, I took 3 caps in the morning followed by 2 caps around 12 hours later. I didn't notice much effect, so I upped my dosage to the maximum of 6 caps per day for the rest of my run, taking 2 caps upon waking in the morning, 2 caps at lunch, and then 2 before bed. I felt that this dosing protocol worked best for me. For reference, I am 33 years old, 6 feet tall, and around 225 lbs.

...

Ingredient Profile:
    =========================

Laxogenin (5a-Hydroxy Laxogenin) is a plant-based compound that is currently being marketed as a natural way to increase strength, increase protein synthesis, regulate cortisol, and reduce inflammation. I was interested in trying this because it supposedly does not affect testosterone levels, and is not liver toxic, which makes it an appealing option for people like me looking for a little something extra but not quite ready to go the prohormone route.

Effectiveness: 8.0
    =========================

This is the first product of this type I have ever used or reviewed, so I have no basis for comparison. However, based on my cursory google searches for studies done on laxogenin in the past, I was expecting to possibly see some modest strength gains, a possible endurance boost/lessened fatigue, improved joint health, and a slight increase in lean mass. I'll divide the effectiveness of this product for me into two categories for quick reference: Performance and Body Composition.

Performance: 7.0
    ---------------------------------------------

I did not notice very much in the way of performance benefits throughout my roughly 5-6 week run of this. I hit a few PR's in the big lifts during my run, but it is hard to say exactly how much of the progress was due to the supplement and how much was due to my diet and training at the time. I will say, though, that I also never experienced any joint pain, which is consistent with others' accounts I've read as well. All in all, I feel that Super Laxo probably was working in the background for me, but its effect was very subtle and hard to notice.

Body Composition: 9.0
    ---------------------------------------------

I started noticing a slight, but noticeable muscle fullness starting around week 3, and kept it for pretty much the remainder of my run. I also started noticing more definition in my shoulders, chest, and arms, even though my diet never changed and I was eating at maintenance the entire time. Several coworkers and one guy at the gym commented at different times about how I was looking "bigger", and I honestly felt bigger. I basically felt like I had a slight pump throughout the day, which was awesome. This was by far the most enjoyable aspect of using this for me.

---------------------------------------------
    Side Effects: None
    ---------------------------------------------

I experienced no side effects whatsoever while using this.

Value: 7.0
    =========================

I have found that a bottle of Super Laxo sells for $45 - $60 online, which is very pricey in my opinion considering the relatively modest benefits I noticed. However, I would definitely jump on it if I found it on sale or if there was a BOGO available.

=========================
    Overall: 7.5
    =========================

I think this is a good product and would highly recommend it to someone looking for a good recomping agent, but does not want to use prohormones or ostarine. The price is the only drawback. Although I used this as a standalone with decent results, I think this would be an excellent addition to an AI/natty test booster stack to recomp before the summer.

Overall
    Overall
    9.5
    Thanks to NutraBio for sending it out!
      January 5, 2016

Pros:
     Cons:
    • Mixes Well
    • Super Clean Protein
    • No Fillers
    • Lactose And Gluten Free
    • Neutral Taste
    • A Bit Pricey
    I received this product as part of the TROOPS program, and used this primarily post-workout and occasionally first thing in the morning before leaving for work.

The TL;DR version of this review is simply:

This protein gave me absolutely NO bloating whatsoever, which is a first for me with any king of protein powder, and helped me in hitting my macros targets for the day. I would recommend this protein to anyone in the market for a good, clean whey protein, and will purchase this exclusively myself if I have the money.

This is the best a whey protein can possibly be in my opinion.

...

The TL;DR version of this review is simply:

This is the best a whey protein can possibly be in my opinion.

Ingredient Profile: 10
    ============================

The profile basically consists of whey isolate, natural flavoring, and not much else. There are no fillers, which is a huge plus.

Taste/Mixability: 9.5
    ============================

I had Rich Chocolate as my 2lb container, but NutraBio also sent me Alpine Vanilla, Mocha, and Dutch Chocolate sample packs. All the flavors were very subtle, pretty much neutral, and I had to use ~6oz of liquid in order to really even notice the flavors. Anything over 12oz of liquid per scoop (water or skim milk in my case), and I could barely even taste the protein. I felt this was a plus as it makes the product more versatile.

It mixed extremely well, especially in a shaker cup with water. I generally used 1 scoop with ~8oz of water, and shook in a shaker cup or water bottle for about ten seconds. It mixed completely every time with barely any residue and very little foam. It mixed almost as well in skim milk, but I noticed there tended to be a bit more foam with the milk.

Effectiveness: 10
    ============================

It's really hard to judge the effectiveness of a protein powder, but I am going to give this a 10 based primarily on the absence of any bloating whatsoever while using this. I have always had at least some bloating with every powder I've used in the past, but I had none at all with this, nor did I have any of the dreaded protein farts. My recovery seemed to be about the same as usual, but I generally get enough rest and try to keep my diet in order. This protein, as with any other, helped me reach my protein target for the day, mixed very well, and tasted good enough to where I looked forward to using it.

Value: 8.5
    ============================

A 2lb (32 servings) tub of this can be found for around $40 plus shipping online, which is a little pricey, but isn't bad at all in my opinion considering that you get what you pay for.

============================
    Conclusion:
    ============================

This is hands down the best protein powder I have ever used. I really admire their policy of full disclosure and no fillers, and using this product has impressed me enough with the brand that I ordered NutraBio's PRE (preworkout) after using this. I confidently recommend this to anyone.