Reinger

• Member has been active for 6 years, and was last online 3 years ago

Reviews by Reinger

Overall
Thanks to Vital 4U® for sending it out!
  March 23, 2015

Pros:
 Cons:
  • Lasts For Several Hours
  • Provides Quick Alertness
  • No Jitters
  • A Little Too Sweet
  • A Sugar Free Verion May Be Desired
7 Minute Abbbbbs!!!

Thank you to Vital $U for participating in the ER program and allowing us to try their energy enhancement product, Screaming Energy. In a vast market of quick fixes and pick me ups, their are enough products to make your head spin, and some do. It may be difficult to decipher the best, and few set themselves apart from the rest. Enter screaming energy. Just like 7 minute abs, sometimes something better comes around.

Overall: 8.7

7 Minute Abbbbbs!!!

Overall: 8.7

This product does exactly what it is intended to do and then some. Screaming Energy provides a quick boost of energy in an extremely convenient way. While you may be able to obtain this through other sources, I have never been able to do so through such a small dose, and best yet, this never let me down, caused me to crash, or gave me jitters. I like my stimulants, and use them appropriately and effectively to help me through my day. I like a good coffee or tea, and of course a solid pre workout. Not everyone needs a boost, and for those of you god bless. But I am 35 years old, raising two boys (6 and 4), run a 2 Million dollar restaurant at 50 hours a week, train 5-6 days a week, and still play competitive hockey. I need a damn pick me up. I shutter at the overweight 16 year olds hobbling down the street with their giant oversized cans of Monster. Just like anything good, stimulants should be used wisely and properly. With that being said, we found a good one.

Effectiveness: 9

Solid fast acting boost of energy with no notable side effects. It doesn't get much better than that. This is quick, sharp energy and alertness. No crazy, jittery, cracked out feeling. Just a nice smooth ride that lasts. I have a high tolerance for stimulants, but this little pouch packed a solid punch. This will help get your morning going or provide a nice pick me up in the afternoon. I even took a pack before a HIT session on an incline treadmill, not too shabby.

Profile 9.5

Due to the effectiveness, the profile warrants this rating. The fact that such little liquid can be this effective still has me in disbelief.

(Pirated from Ron's Review) (Pirated from Lava's Review)
Each 3/5 fl.oz. (18mL) pouch contains:
30% DV Riboflavin (B-2)
10% DV Niacin (B-3)
100% DV Pyridoxine (B-6)

Other ingredients:
Purified Water, Sucrose, Taurine, Caffeine (185mg), Ascorbic Acid, Natural Flavors & Colors, Potassium Sorbate & Sodium Benzoate, Panax Ginseng, Thiamin Hydrochloride, Riboflavin, Niacin, B6 & B12

The only thing I could even imagine to differ upon is the sugar content. I can see where natural cane sugar is appreciated, 9g shouldn't make or break your macros. But I also see where a sugar free version would be desired and easily achievable. It was also a little sweet for my taste, therefore I could have gone with at least half of the sugar being omitted, but at this point I'm just picking.

Taste: 8.5

I was provided with the coffee flavor. It was good, a little sweet, but then again I like my coffee straight, so that may have played a role in my pallets desire. Tear the pouch open and less than a mouthful comes out. Easy as that. I even tried a packet in a small cup of coffee on a few occasions. It was a great combo.

Value: 8.8

You can find this for a little over a dollar per serving. That in itself is a great deal when you compare to other energy drinks or shots, or even a decent cup of coffee. But the more you buy, the greater the value, to the point in which you can get this for a dollar or less. Well, well worth the effectiveness of this product.

In conclusion, if you are tired of giant oversized cans of crap, or miniature shots that leave you hanging, give screaming energy a try. After my 12 pack was gone, I was screaming for more!

6.8
Thanks to iSatori for sending it out!
  February 24, 2015

Pros:
 Cons:
  • Improved Recovery
  • Tasted Great
  • Mixes Well
  • Caused Consistent Gas
  • Expensive For The Average Consumer
A big thank you to iSatori for allowing the ER program to get their hands on their new product HyperGro. HyperGro is a lean mass gainer/clean bulking agent. As soon as this was released, there was a great surge of interest by myself and many others. Mainly due to the popularity and effectiveness of BioGro, which is a key element in this lean mass gainer. After BioGro was released, we all wanted to know what was to follow. With the release of PreGro and HyperGro, the wait is over, and iSatori has once again raised the level in the category in which they choose to rival. But as with BioGro, this highly effective product comes at a cost, and you simply need to determine if it is indeed worth the price.

Overall: 7.8

In many ways weight gainers, or now more properly called, mass gainers have received a bad rap. Rightfully so. The majority in the past have been filled with empty calories, sub par ingredients, fillers, and fats. We all would be better off simply mixing our own, and many of us had. But the ever evolving supplement industry has changed its approach a bit, and reputable companies have taken a better and smarter approach. Today consumers are a bit smarter, and have access to a plethora of knowledge and answers. Something I feel we here at SR have helped greatly with. It was time to change the game, and iSatori has. This product works with a clean quality profile and quality calories that count.

Profile: 9.5

Creatine Monohydrate: 2,500mg
Bio-Gro Bio-Active Peptides: 1,500mg
Betaine Anhydrous: 1,250mg
Creatine HCL: 500mg
5-Phase Instantized Protein Blend (Beef Protein Isolate, Whey Protein Concentrate, Whey Protein Isolate, Micellar Casein, Egg Albumin), Clean Muscle-Infusing Carbohydrate Complex (Highly Branched Starch (Amylopectin), Cluster Dextrin, Potato Starch), Creamer (Sunflower Oil, Corn Syrup Solids, Sodium Caseinate, Mono & Diglycerides, Dipotassium Phosphate, Tri-Calcium Phosphate, Tocopherols), Cocoa processed with alkali, Natural and Artificial Flavors, Xanthan Gum, Salt, Acesulfame Potassium, Silicon Dioxide (Anticaking Agent), Surcralose, Soy Lecithin, Enzyme Complex (Protease, Lactase).

For the most part, the profile speaks for itself. What stands out the most is the Carbohydrate complex which will make or break a mass gainer. Clean and sugar free, HyperGro is on point. This wont bog you down or get you bloated, this will fuel your muscles and with the aid of BioGro and creatine, restore your muscles and greatly improve recovery. Quality protein, quality carbohydrates, and quality calories. That's where a gainer should be at its strengths, and iSatori simply nailed.

Effectiveness: 8.5

Due to the dosing requirements, this run was short lived, but effective. When used as per label, this will last you just about 16 days. Within those 16 days, I had geared my training program to much higher volume sessions, which lasted longer, and required many more reps and sets than I had been doing months prior. Usually this leaves me fatigued and a bit sore, especially at first. The use of HyperGro relieved the DOMs and left me nearly fully recovered for the next day. With this product their was no need for me to add additional protein or creatine through supplementation, this covered both aspects had had a dramatic impact on my readiness to perform the following day. I did not gain any notable weight in this time period, but I used this product to go slightly above my maintenance of my macro count. If you are looking to gain, I would add this purely as a surplus. You wont find a much cleaner way of getting protein and calories than with this. With prolonged use you are certain to gain mass and weight if you are on point with your macros. But from a recovery stand point, this was even better than the effects of BioGro alone, and the best recovery aid that I have ever experienced. I never felt bloated or weighed down, this processed nicely, with no bathroom issue. The only side effect was some noticeable potent gas, a by product of processing all those calories and carbs.

Taste/Mix ability: 9

Another draw back in gainers or dense calorie protein products can be the ability to mix and even consume. HyperGro mixes smooth and with ease. Little to no clumps, smooth and nor grit or sediment. The flavor, chocolate, rivals the better chocolate proteins out there. There is a slight after taste which I quickly got used to. This goes down smooth and enjoyable. Mix with 12oz of water, or even low fat milk, and it is quite pleasant.
No blender needed, just toss it in your shaker cup and have at it.

Value 6.8

The most difficult part to review. This product is expensive, plain and simple. Found anywhere from $32-40, at a 16 day supply is quite costly. Now I firmly believe that you get what you pay for. I would rather pay a higher price for higher quality, but tat the rate in which this is to be consumed, is it a affordable? The value will greatly depend upon your needs. I did not have to supplement with creatine or protein in addition to this, something that should be factored in for those who regularly do. If you are a competitive power lifter, bodybuilder, or athlete the price may be worth it to you. In my world, I currently can't realistically have this in my pantry at all times. I may spring for it before this next hockey season, or buy a few tubs for a nice winter bulk, but I simply can't justify purchasing this at the current price on a regular basis. If this comes down a bit, or comes at a special sale rate, I highly recommend giving this a try. This product works and works well, and you get what you pay for. You simply need to determine whether it is worth it for you.

February 20, 2015

Pros:
 Cons:
  • Good Endurance
  • Good Focus
  • Very Consistent
  • A Lot To Swallow
Thank you to Proccor for participating in the ER program, and allowing us to try their pre-workout product Pre-Rx. Pre-Rx is designed to stimulate the physical aspect of your workout, as well as the cognitive. With a solid profile designed to stimulate body and mind, Proccor takes a nice, fully disclosed approach, with clinically dosed stimulants and nootropics.

Overall 7.2

Overall 7.2

I wasn't exactly sure what to expect from this product, I hadn't heard of Proccor before this opportunity, but I was intrigued by the profile and claims. Pre-Rx claims to have the ability to deliver 30% more caffeine into the blood stream, supported by potent nootropics for an "unparalleled sensory experience." I must say I was a bit skeptical in the beginning, but as I furthered my experience with this product, I realized that Proccor was on to something here. Quite simply, the more I used it, the more I liked it.

Effectiveness: 8

This product delivers as stated. Great support in physical energy, output, and stamina. Along with what many other pre-works lack, great mental focus and drive. Not simply through a rush of energy or a stimmed out sensation, but a lasting gradual effect to get you all the way through your session. No crash and no let down, which is essential in my workouts. I found Pre-Rx especially useful in longer, high volume sessions. The lasting energy and focus allowed for higher rep ranges, and even the ability to add a few more sets overall. I wouldn't use this product for a quick rush or a short low rep session which you are attempting a single one rep max, but for longer more enduring sessions in which you need to last.

Profile: 8.8

Serving Size: 1 Scoop (8.94 Grams)
Servings Per Container: 30

Euphoric Surge
Dendrobium Extract - 100 mg

Absorption Enhancer
BioPerine - 6 mg

A lot of goodies in here. Nothing that supplied mind blowing pumps, or a kick in the teeth rush some may desire. But again, a delivery of sustained effective energy. Hence the extended release energy, which is a trade mark Caffeine-pTeroPure pterostilbene co-crystal. I really don't even know what that is, but it worked. BioPerine for enhanced absorption, which is needed, there is a lot of product to put down in a serving of this. Niacin, and a good amount of B vitamins for energy, and mental support. Along with a "Euphoric surge" which was present after taking about 45 minutes after consumption. the best part, full disclosure, and no dye and no fillers. A huge plus in my book.

Taste/Mix ability: 5

The least enjoyable part of the experience with this product. Flavor, sour apple which I typically love. Had the label not had Sour Green Apple on it in bright green, I never would have guessed that to be the flavor. I have stated many times before that the flavor of a Pre-workout means nothing if it works, so Pre-Rx gets a pass in this category, but the amount of water needed to properly mix this, makes the taste a bit more difficult to handle. This requires a least 12 ounces of water per scoop, and even with that there is a good bit of grit, powder, and sediment which doesn't fully dissolve. Now there is nearly 9g of product per scoop, so that is somewhat expected. But a bit much to swallow none the less. Especially for someone that requires 1.5 heavy scoops to get the full effective dose per body weight and stimulant tolerance. I much prefer a small amount of liquid, and a straight shot down, regardless of flavor or pleasantry. This product does not allow for that. No one wants to chug 240z of liquid right before a workout, but with this I found that it took about 45 minutes to achieve the fully desired effect. So I would mix up a nice shaker cup full, and sip on it generously well before my workout. Giving the liquid time to settle, and the profile a good amount of time to kick in. Once this is achieved, it is well worth the wait, but users may have to adjust their routine slightly.

Value: 6.5

You get what you pay for with this product. I am confident that the ingredients are pure, and again they are fully disclosed. The product works and delivers as advertised, which is somewhat rare in the world of supplements. Yet there are a few things which hinder the overall value of this product. It is not widely distributed as of yet, which will always cause the price to remain on the higher side of the spectrum. At an average of $37 dollar for 30 servings, this hits above the $1 per serving that I like to live by. Divulge into the fact that I use 1.5 generous scoops per workout, the value take s a bit more of a hit.

Overall: 7.4

I truly think that Proccor is headed in the right direction with this product. I feel as though with a little refinement, literally and figuratively, this could be a hit. There is no way to lessen the amount of substance you are putting in your cup, without hurting the effectiveness. The fully disclosed label is great, with a great effective profile. The powder could use refined a bit, along with the flavor, simply due to the amount that you must consume. I feel this is could go a long way for flavor sensitive consumers. this is definitely worth a try however, even at the given price. If this becomes more widely available, and could even settle at roughly $30 a tub, I will certainly be adding this to my pantry on a regular basis for the effect that it delivers. It is a very nice, effective change of pace from the average pre-workout for sure.

February 2, 2015

Pros:
 Cons:
    • Horrible Taste And Texture
    Thank you to EON Athletics for participating in the ER program, and allowing a few of us to try their pre-workout CREATION. Creation is a pre-workout designed to do the obvious, but also includes natural testosterone boosting and growth hormone boosting ingredients. Along with goodies like Kre-Alkalyn, and "Aminosorb", the label entices with its offerings, yet just fell short for me.

Overall: 5.5

Overall: 5.5

With vast experience in the pre-workout department, I am always looking for a new cutting edge product. With the ever growing market, these are hard to sift through. But that's where we at Supplement Reviews come to lend a hand. We are your Guiney pig! I love a good pre-workout, and a good test booster, the possibility in combing these two had me intrigued yet skeptical. Unfortunately this simply seemed too broad of a range in the goal in which Creation was to achieve. Bottom line is, if I want a test booster, I will stick with a test booster, If I want a pre-workout, I will stick to a pre-workout. EON may revisit this and create two separate products, but all of this combined seemed to diminish the desired effect in all categories.

Effectiveness: 5

The profile in Creation was all over the map. Some good components, yet dosage and frequency of use would greatly determine the effectiveness. Energy boost was minimal, even at two scoops. Less stimulant tolerant users may get a bit more out of this, but as far as a "direct" energy stimulant, caffeine is the only ingredient. Supplemented with B vitamins which may aid a bit, but again the dosage seemed diminished. There was a slight initial rush, but nothing lasting, and more so, seemed to fade quickly. Not much stamina provided what so ever, along with a bit of a let down towards the end. Not what I look for in a pre-workout.

Profile: 5.5

Again, very interesting with some good components, but simply too diluted in the direction in which it wanted to go. I would prefer to take these Test and GH boosting ingredients separately, at optimal dosages, on a daily consistent basis. Simply not something that you are going to do with a pre-workout. Caffeine content is low, at two scoops you hit 300, but with little else in the stimulant department, even this failed to get me going. Here is a link for the full profile if you wish to check it out.

Taste and Mix ability: 3

I received the fruit punch flavor. I'm not sure how many times I have stated the following few statements on our site here, but its worth repeating. I don't care what so ever what a pre-workout tastes like, as long as it works. I despise fruit punch, but can tolerate it. This may be the worst tasting fruit punch I have ever tried. The consistency is gritty, the mix is foamy, and the after taste is simply awful. Along with the fact that I failed to deliver, I simply had a hard time finish each dose, and the tub in its entirety.

Value: 3

I was only able to find this on EON's site itself. Which we all know will be hard to find at a good value if not distributed by a reputable retailer. At $37 per tub, and 30 one scoop servings, this in itself is high. The fact that anyone near my size, or stimulant tolerance level would need 2 scoops to feel anything, your looking at over $2 per serving. Simply not even worth a second thought in my mind.

In conclusion, I think with a revamped effort in the direction in which this should go, EON could be on to something. The idea to use quality solid ingredients is great. I just feel that that this particular product was all over the place and lacked direction. I appreciated the chance to try this, but unless there are some changes made, I will not be looking to run this again.

January 8, 2015

Pros:
     Cons:
    • Works Fast
    • Lasting Energy
    • Little To No Crash
    • Yohimbine Sensative Users Take Note
    • Prop Blend
    Thank you for CTD for taking part in the ER program, yet again, and allowing a few of us to try their newest version of their Pre-Workout, Noxipro. This is the third installment of Noxipro. The original Noxipro was fantastic, but included DMAA which obviously has been removed from most of our old school favorites. Many of these originals reformulated quickly and attempted to put out a refurbished version of their pre-workouts. Many failed to achieve a top notch product, and Noxipro was actually on this list for me as well. CTD launched Noxipro chrome which was ok, but only slightly above average. It was decent enough product, but just as many, not nearly as good as the original. But leave it to CTD to not settle, and release a third version which did not disappoint.

Overall: 8.8

First and foremost, this product delivered. I had a lot of hope for this, I trusted that if CTD was willing to reformulate once again, that they would hit the mark this time. That they did. This product is versatile enough that dosages between 1-2 scoops can be used effectively, and tailor dosed to those dependent on size, need, and stimulant tolerance. This packs a punch, a nice little pump, some decent mental focus, along with very little crash. All this at a reasonable price, and CTD has a new winner.

Effectiveness: 9

This product takes very little time to feel an effect. Dosing says to take 30-45 minutes prior to your workout. 15 minutes in and during a warm up, I'm already getting the desired effect and I'm ready to go. By that 30 min mark, which is what I always look for, I'm good to go. I have an extremely high tolerance for all stimulants, so many pre-workouts work for me, but leave me wanting more. The good thing about having a high tolerance, coupled with vast experience in the pre-workout department, I believe that I can depict what truly works for me. I can usually break down a profile mid way through the product and determine what is, or isn't working. This worked, plain and simple. Even with a high tolerance, this got me going, going well, and going quickly. The best part is that the energy lasted, even in hour and hour and a half training sessions, the energy didn't cease. I most often used more than one scoop. 1.5, 1.75, and the occasional 2. I highly suggest starting with 1 scoop, and sensitive users, .5.

Profile: 7.5

I am always going to knock a prop blend, that's just how I roll. I like to know exactly what I am putting in my body and at what dosage. I like to know what works or does not work, and in what capacity. Full disclosure goes a long way for me, but there is some leniency when it works. But even then as stated before, I would like to know what is working.

Proprietary Blend
    [Beta-Alanine (as CarnoSyn),L-Arginine Alpha-Ketoglutarate, Creatine HCl, Fibersol-2 (soluble corn fiber),N-Carbamylglutamate, L-Tyrosine, Karb-Jet (medium-chain glucose polymer), Caffeine, Theobromine, Encapfeine (taste masked caffeine), Agmatine Sulfate, R-Beta-Methylphenylethylamine, Phenylethylamine HCl N-Methyl L-Tyramine HCl, Pikatropin Pikamilon (N-Nicotinoyl-R-Aminobutyric Acid), Hordenine, Alpha Yohimbine (std. min. 90% from Rauwolfia vomitoria))].

Solid profile, in whatever capacity. I tend to have some issues with any Yohmbine inclusive products, at least with daily or extended use. I did not however with this, and I believe that is what gives the bit of extra kick. Not a kitchen sink approach, but rather inclusive, with well known and proven ingredients, which all seem rather pure. This is something that CTD always delivers upon, just wish I knew how much.

Taste/Mix ability: 7

Fruit punch, how I despise the. I simply don't care for fruit punch, but for what it is, this isn't terrible. It tastes a lot like Noxitropin for those of you who have tried. It mixes about the same as well. It seems to dissolve seamlessly, but with one solid little clump left at the end. Every time. Its easy enough to put down, and taste shouldn't matter for an effective pre-workout. But those of you who insist, may want to try the new Cherry Limeaid, and let me know how it is.

Value: 8

This can be found at an average $27-$30. At 40 servings, this is a fantastic deal. But you value will greatly depend upon your usage. at 1.5 scoops this is about 27 servings, rounded. A dollar per serving is my go to price, this hits the nail on the head. Found for any less, and this is an absolute steel. I'm willing to shell out for what works, and I will certainly be purchasing this on my own in the near future.

In conclusion, I highly recommend giving Noxipro a shot, or another shot if you have used the versions of the past. They have stepped up their game and made a version nearly as good as the original. In this day in age, that's simply hard to find.

December 27, 2014

Pros:
     Cons:
    • Great Pump
    • Unflavored May Not Appeal To Some
    Thank you to Muscle Feast for allowing the ER program to try their PWO product, Pumped Raw. I hadn't heard of this product until the opportunity arose, but the profile intrigued me, and I was curious as to how I would take to their angle of not flavoring their pre workout. Unless it was a home made concoction, every PWO I have ever taken has been flavored, but this did not deter me in the least. When searching for a good PWO, taste is the last thing you should be concerned with. The profile and effectiveness should however, be your main focus. In both regards, Pumped Raw shines. Soon after taking this, your tasteless woes will render as an after thought.

Overall: 8

Pumped Raw is a simple direct product that just plain works. Nothing flashy and nothing over the top, but it delivered day in and day out with the upmost of consistency. The direct clean approach is refreshing compared to many products that have flooded the market and simply taken the everything but the kitchen sink approach, along with an abundance of dyes, and artificial flavoring. Combine that with great effectiveness from start to finish, and all within your wallets limits, Pumped raw will quickly climb to the upper ranks as an effective, affordable performer in the PWO category.

Profile: 8.5

3 Scoops

TMG nitrates: 2865mg
    Agmapure agmatine: 573 mg
    Beta Alanine: 2292 mg
    Taurine: 2292 mg
    Caffeine: 230 mg
    Higenamine HCL: 29mg

That's it. Simple yet direct and effective.

Dosing: 8.5

3 scoops will be the recommended serving. I opted with four in most cases but will elaborate on that in a bit. I prefer one big scoop, but it occurred to me that having the smaller scoop allows for size and gender differences to easily tinker with the amount necessary for an effective dose on an individual basis.

Taste: NA

This is an unflavored product, which may not appeal to the masses. People like their bright colored, fruity tasting joy in a shaker cup. But anyone serious about training should care less when it comes to a PWO. This had a bitter salty taste when put straight into water. But this easily mixes with Gatorade, cranberry juice, and the average amino product. Very little sediment or particular matter, and shot straight down when mixed. Think outside of the box. The lack of flavoring and dye, is well compensated for with quality ingredients at an affordable rate.

Effectiveness 8.5

What I liked most about this product was the consistency that it provided. I like knowing exactly what to expect from a PWO, with no surprises and no crash looming ahead. Pumped Raw provides clean energy, and a solid pump to boot. I preferred 4 scoops based on the caffeine content alone, simply due to tolerance. But I found the other ingredients just as effective as 3. A nice solid pump and blood flow occurred in every session. For one who doesn't respond overly well to most pump products, this hit the mark and had me going nearly fifteen minutes into each workout.

Value: 8.5

Found anywhere from $22.99 to $25.99, this product is well worth the money. Based on my personal use at four scoops, I cut into the 25 servings per container a bit. But even at that, if you can pay a $1 per serving for clean quality that delivers, its a no brainer for me. I highly recommend giving this a chance, and their are rumors of a flavored version hitting the market as well. But this should deter you non the less. Looking for a solid PWO that won't break the bank? look no further.

October 9, 2014

• Easy To Mix
    • Great Profile
      Thank you to PES, Physique Enhancing Science, for Participating in the ER program, and allowing us to try Select Protein. Select Protein blends both Whey and Casein protein, in a precise ratio, to help achieve results that standard whey alone may not be able to accomplish.
      "Nature had it right. When researchers at the world-renowned Mayo Clinic tested a combination of whey + casein protein, as found naturally in milk protein, they discovered that the two protein sources work together in a synergistic manner to build lean muscle. Yes... synergistic. Meaning when taken together it is better than taking just one or the other alone." http://selectprotein.com/

Overall: 9

While it can be difficult to assess the positive results of protein immediately, over the course of a month or so, one should know how well the particular protein works with your body and if the product is worth ingesting. It didn't take long for me to feel the positive effects and results, and new that I had something special on my hands.

Effectiveness: 9

In short term usage of a protein product, I look for a few key aspects to see if this protein is indeed for my. First, post workout consumption. I have and always will consume a shake post workout, before my post workout meal. I need a quality protein that will digest properly, not fill me up, and process quickly and efficiently. Thus leaving me hungry shortly thereafter for my post workout meal. The last thing you want to feel is bloated and full, and unable to fully consume what you want and need post workout. Select protein was not only a pleasure to drink every time, but it processed quickly, digested efficiently and never left me feeling full and sluggish. Just about the cleanest feeling that I have felt after consuming a protein post workout. At the time of my trial run with select, I was eating extremely clean, and maintain an even 195# at the lowest body fat that I had been in years. This fit right in with my goals and gave me many positive results without sacrificing unnecessary fats or calories. As my goals have changed, this versatile protein continues to fit right in, and can be mixed and made with just about anything. More of that to follow.
      The Results were fantastic. Increased recovery, mainly attributes to the quality amino content and the Casein protein addition. Increase in, and muscle maintainability , even when simply hitting maintenance macros. It can be difficult at times to ingest over 200g of protein daily without exceeding your macros in carbs and or fats. This fit in nicely with a 50g a day boost in protein, with little retraction from the other categories, leaving room for clean quality foods.

Profile: 9

Total Carbohydrates < 1 Gram
      Dietary Fiber - <1 Gram
      Sugar - <1 Gram
      Protein - 24 Grams

It doesn't get much cleaner than that. A profile that you can not only read to be clean, but feel. With the inclusion of Casein, not simply to add, but to work together with your whey to keep your protein synthesis and uptake going long after your whey is through, this profile is solid.

Tase/Mix ability: 10

The highest rating possible, and would go higher if I could. This protein mixes with ease. Shaker, spoon, or blended, the results are the same. Smooth and just about perfect. Blending makes it a bit fluffier, but you can't go wrong either way. No foam, and if there was the slightest, it dissipated and leveled quickly. The taste, OMG, GAF, or whatever the kids are saying. This is the best tasting protein that I have ever consumed. I was given the amazing chocolate, which was well, amazing. It also came with samples of their cookies and cream flavor, which was great. And Snicker doodle, oh the snicker doodle. This little sample prompted me to purchase an entire tub as soon as I tried it. Mixed with water, it tastes great and is as clean as can be. Mixed with milk or a home made gainer shake, simply amazing and a great way to get calories along with solid protein. I pour it over oatmeal, and plan on trying some baking recipes.

Value: 9

This is on point or slightly higher than most quality proteins, but worth every penny. At or around a dollar a serving, this is well worth it. All I could think while taking this was, man I wish they made a larger tub. PES delivered, with a 55 serving container. Increasing the value greatly. I grabbed these from the PES insider and it was an absolute steal. Found for anything less than a dollar per serving, I highly suggest that you pick this up and give it a try. It can even be found on PES website for 49.99,

October 2, 2014

Pros:
       Cons:
      • Mixed Well
      • No Dye
      • Lack In Recovery
      • Poor Flavor
      Thank you to Purus Labs for participating the ER program, and allowing us to review there new Amino Product, AminoD. The goal of this product is to replenish needed amino acids in a precise ratio that will to boost protein synthesis and aid recovery. While in theory this sounded really good upon conception, but some how the results were a bit off in my experience.

Overall: 5

Overall: 5

I have been a huge Purus fan, user, and supporter for years. A few of my favorite all time supplements have been produced by this reputable company. So when the opportunity to try AminoD came about, I jumped on board. I have used many, many Amino products. Although they may not be necessary, they do have their place in the supplement industry, and they have certainly helped with my regimen and become somewhat of a staple when available. What I look for in a solid Amino product; first and foremost, recovery. I expect to be able to push a bit harder during my training sessions, last a bit longer, and most importantly, recover faster. Unfortunately this failed to live up to some of my high expectations that I have come to expect from Purus. I failed to notice an increase in endurance, or the prevention of lactic acid build up and in turn a bit of delay in recovery. Now towards the very end of this usage of this product, I did begin to see an improvement, but for me it was a bit too late.

Profile: 7

The science and effort seems to be on point here. A precise ratio of amino acids to accomplish an increase in protein synthesis. But unfortunately this may have been something that took quite some time to accomplish. Possibly an extended use for months at a time would have allowed this to prevail, but the claim that this product could out preform whole protein, didn't live up to claim in the 30 servings.

The profile is as follows:
      AminoBlast®
      Instantized L-Leucine (2.1 g)
      L-Phenylalanine (839 mg)
      L-Lysine (719 mg)
      L-Valine (600 mg)
      L-Threonine (600 mg)
      L-Isoleucine (480 mg)
      L-Histidine (480 mg)

It has all the right parts, but may have been over thought. I appreciate the ration of Leucine, but even at this ratio, I needed to increase by serving size to notice a more immediate effect.

Effectiveness: 5

Again it took a bit too long for me to notice any positive effects from this. I am sure there were some internal anabolic effects taking place, and perhaps I am guilty of the need for instant gratification, but it was too near the end of the tub for me to notice a positive effect. By this time I had also increased the serving size to at least 1.5 scoops in 32oz of water, which may have contributed to the results. At the end, I did notice a bit of recovery and endurance increase, but this was three weeks in, after using this on a daily basis.

Taste/ Mix ability: 6

While this mixed well, and dissolved with very little sediment, the overall drinking experience wasn't very enjoyable. The flavor I received was Blue Razz Lemonade. It tasted somewhat like Lemonade, and nothing like Blue Razz. In fact this is a dye free product, which I love, and wish more companies provided, but the flavor of blue razz in a clear product seemed silly. The taste is very artificial and actually left me thirsty. Not qualities that I look for in an Amino product, especially one that I would use intra, or to sip on throughout the day to aid recovery. The directions say to mix this with 8oz of water or other product. Gatorade helped mask this, and put into a 32oz of any liquid made it bearable. Taste isn't a deal breaker for me, but if the results of the product are not superior, its a loss.

Value: 5

$30-$35 for a product that doesn't perform all that well, and doesn't taste very good lacks significant value for me. Couple that with the fact that I had to increase the servings to notice any results, greatly decreases the value as well. For maximum results I suppose this could have been taken Pre, Intra, and post workout. But this would result in a 10 day serving, and well the math just doesn't add up for a great buy.

Again I want to thank Purus for the opportunity, I am still a firm believer in their line, this one just missed the mark. Perhaps a much longer extended use may have benefited me more, but the lack of results discouraged me from considering purchasing more. Sometimes things can be over complicated, and this may be where this product lies. When it comes to an Amino product purchases, I will be keeping it simple. From Purus Labs, I simply expected more, and I'm sure there are better things to come.

September 4, 2014

Pros:
       Cons:
      • PCT Revolution Black Is A Solid AI
      • Underdosed
      • Pure Test A Week Component Of This Two Part Stack
      A big thank you to Finaflex for taking part in the ER program, and allowing us to choose from a variety of their products to review. At the chance to run and review a new test boosting stack, I opted for Revolution Test Stack. With experience with various other stacks, created or bought as a whole, I am always interested in trying new, and seeing how they "stack up" against the competition. Revolution Test Stack is comprised of two separate products. Pure Test, which is simply DAA, and PCT Revolution black, which is a nice little compilation of DAA, an AI, and a few healthy support supplements. Together the two sounded like they would compliment each other well and they did to an extent, but with a few tweeks, I think it could have been even more effective.

Overall: 6

After the first few weeks I began to notice some of the usual signs that a test stack had begun. slight libido increase, a tad bit of energy and motivation. yet this never fully took off for me. I never experienced much aggression or extra drive and motivation in the gym. Some of the anabolic effects were evident towards the end of the four weeks. A bit more lean, and a bit more dense, but again, nothing ground breaking. I attribute most of the noticeable effects to the PCT revolution. The profile of both to follow:

Profile: 7

Supplement Facts for Revolution PCT
      Serving Size: 1 Capsule
      Servings Per Container: 60
      %DV
      Vitamin C (Ascorbic Acid)
      25 mg 42%
      Prostate Shield
      Saw Palmetto, Pygeum Africanum Bark Extract, Stinging Nettle, Lycopene 80 mg
      ARIMISTANE
      (99.9% HPLC Verified Androsta-3,5-Diene-7,17-Dione) 50 mg
      Other Ingredients: Maltodextrin, Gelatin, Silica, Magnesium Stearate, Stearic Acid, Sodium Copper Chlorophyllin.

Lets start with Pure Test. At four capsules, that would equate to 2000mg of DAA. Well under the recommended effective dose. I thought no problem, there is a bit of DAA in the PCT, yet even with the inclusion of that, we still miss the desired mark. Why not just simply dose the full 3.2g in Pure Test from the onset? And then focus on a great PCT product to compliment. One could of course take an additional two pills of pure test reaching the full desired amount, yet that would drastically reduce the value and life of the bottle.

As for PCT Revolution Black, I think there was something to be said for this product. The 50g of ARIMISTANE was a nice start. A solid aromatase inhibitor which I respond to quite well. Along with a handful of healthy support supplements, all proven to reduce stress on the organs and help promote healthy response to hormonal changes in the body, I think that this was nearly on point. I don't fully understand the small inclusion of DAA in this as well, other than to compliment the Pure Test. But again, even with that it was a bit under dosed over all.

Effectiveness: 6

I simply didn't get all that I wish from a test boosting stack out of this compilation. There were some noticeable effects as mentioned before, but I never hit my stride and really dialed in on this cycle as I nearly always do by week four of a solid test cycle. We were sent a four week cycle, and I did not opt to buy an additional four week cycle because I was not overly happy with the first. I always do an eight week run, but by week four, I knew where I stood with this.

Dosing: 5

A lot of pills to swallow, which I don't mind a bit. But make those pills count. There are optional dosing on the box, none of which made a whole lot of sense to me. I prefer a straight forward, direct approach. 6 pills a day is no big deal, but I would prefer to simply mix a scoop of powdered DAA and reach my desired amount in one swoop.

Value: 6

This can be found from $30-$35 depending on the site. Doesn't seem bad for a full 30 day supply of a full stack. But this simply wasn't effective enough for me to rate it any higher. If anything I would look to see the price of PCT Revolution Black, for this was the only part of the stack that I felt had any value whatsoever.

Finalfex came close with this one, but landed a bit off center. I would be willing to try PCT Revolution again, as part of my own stack or along with another solid test booster. But as far as the Pure Test component of this stack, it would be left far behind.

Overall
      Overall
      3.0
      1.0
        August 28, 2014

Thank you to Pharma freak for participating in the ER program, and allowing us to pick from the majority of their line, our product of choice to review. Since I am always up for a new creatine, this is what I chose. Unfortunately, this didn't exactly workout to what I had hoped for.

Overall: 3

Overall: 3

Creatine was the first supplement that I had ever used, nearly 18 years ago, and will probably be the last. It has a profound effect on my workouts, results, and supplementation regimen. Of all the supplements that come and go, this has been the constant for me. While blends and new concoctions have came to play in the market, I am always curious to see what combinations, and new synergistic ingredients can enhance this tried and true staple of mine. Upon reading the profile for Creatine Freak, I was intrigued. Unfortunatley, the label didn't live up to the claims that Pharma Freak stated. Not by a long shot.

Profile: 4

Supplement Facts
      Serving Size 1 Scoop (2425mg)

Servings Per Container 60

Mind-Muscle Absorbption Complex 402.5 mg N/A
      Beta-Alanine N/A N/A
      Oleuropein Aglycone (OA) (from olive leaf) N/A N/A
      AstraGin (panax notogiseng) N/A N/A

Primarily composed of Creatine HCl and Beta-alanine I thought that this straight forward approach would be effective, not so much. The inclusion of Astragin and OA is what had primarily peaked my interest. But unfortunately even that didn't help.

Dosing: 0

1-2 scoops daily. At 1500mg and 750mg respectively, I found this to be under dosed. Although concentrated, the results simply weren't relevant. In fact I though this came in pill form, and expected such. This came in a powder form, with literally the worlds smallest scooper. I have never seen a scooper so tiny. At one scoop, 60 servings, at two 30. I obviously opted for 2, which should have lasted me a month. two months in and the stub was still going. Either the scoop, or the content was wrong. By the end it became a hard mass that had to be broken up and chipped away. At the rate and amount that I was using, it should not have lasted that long. It did mix well, but was heavily dyed and tasted like concentrated kool-aid.

Value: 1

The pricing for this is all over the place. I saw the pills for $75 and then finally found the powder for $35. I wouldn't even consider either.

This simply missed the mark for me. I know what to expect from solid creatine product, and had even cycled off of creatine for about 6 weeks before giving this a go. I saw near zero of the effects in which I am used to. I felt a bit from the beta-alanine possibly, but that was the extent of it. No increase endurance, no muscle fullness or hardness, no extra drive I the gym. Pretty much nothing. With a vast variety of quality creatines on the market, this fell way below the standard and would not recommend this to anyone.