Reaper61

Reputation

First Bloods

Votes Cast

*Rookie League

Comments

*Rookie League

Forum Posts

Try Requests

*Rookie League

*Rookie League = only among other members in their first year on SR. Reaper61 will be eligible for rookie league trophies for another 72 days.

Reviews by Reaper61

(SR paid for product; Cellucor did not participate)
  April 20, 2018

Pros:
 Cons:
  • Lose Weight
  • Reduce Water
  • Very Effective
  • Prop Blend

Big thanks to SR and Clipper for sending this my way. Getting rid of excess water from your muscles is one of the final steps in really achieving a good look physique or just dropping some pounds and feeling better. Cellucor brings to you SuperHD Water and their attempt to dominate the market in water reduction.

So one downside to the product is the label is a blend of ingredients so it is hard to tell what you quantities you are getting of what ingredients. For me personally, I like to know which herb they are loading up on so I will know what the interactions will be outside of the proposed result the company claims.

Anyways here are the ingredients:
Vitamin C (as Ascorbic Acid) 200 mg
Potassium (as Potassium Citrate) 99 mg
SuperHD Water Blend 1,815mg
Horsetail (Equisetum arvense) whole herb extract, Green Tea (Camellia sinensis) leaf extract, Juniper (Juniperus communis) berry extract, Crataegus pinnatifida berry extract, Hibiscus (Hibiscus sabdariffa) flower extract
Daily Value not established.

Other Ingredients:
Capsule Shell (Gelatin, Candurin Silver Fine, FD&C Blue #1, Shellac, Propylene Glycol, FD&C Blue Lake #1, FD&C Yellow Lake #6, FD&C Red Lake #40), Vegetable Magnesium Stearate, Silicon Dioxide.

As you can see the main ingredients is a strong blend of diuretics mixed with green tea. Horsetail and Juniper Berry extract both have significant diuretic effects which will draw excess fluid out of your body. This is the main focus of the SuperHD water, but the fact that they added in green tea which has been shown to create a thermogenic effect and that is coupled with Hibiscus flower extract. These two ingredients combined can lead to weight loss which is also a nice bonus.

The product itself comes in shiny metallic blue capsules, which confuses me on why they needed to add Blue Lake #1, FD&C Yellow Lake #6, and FD&C Red Lake #40. This is me nitpicking, but at the end of the day I also like try and keep herbal products as natural as possible.

Since these are capsules taste and mixability are a non-factor. The big focus is on the dosing protocol.

Per the directions on the bottle, you are to take 3 capsules daily with 8oz of water on an empty stomach or 20 minutes prior to eating for 7 days, then stop taking the product for at least 7 days, then repeat 3 capsules a day for 7 days to finish. Yes, this is only a 14 day supply bottle, however, the protocol will last 3-4 weeks depending on how long of a break you take.

They also HIGHLY recommend that you consume at least 64oz of water a day, and I mean plain water. The water in your pre-workout doesn't count lol.

To say this is effective is an understatement. My routine would be that I would wake up in the morning and first thing I would do is take 3 pills with a cup of water, then about 30 minutes after that I would eat and take my pre-workout and everything else. Usually, prior to 30 minutes, I could feel this product working, because I would notice that I would have a very dry mouth, and almost have a feeling of dehydration. Not a, I am going to die or cramp up from not drinking dehydration, but more of a gentle feeling of wow, my body really does feel like it is drying out.

Overall, I ended up dropping 3lbs the first run I had (the first 7 days) and another 2lbs on the second half. Don't get me wrong, this was a loss of fluid, but even then it was still nice to see the scale tick down in favor of weight loss. Additionally, I could tell that the subcutaneous fluid was also leaving, because vascularity was also on the rise. This was another good indicator that this product was doing what it was intended to do. The big thing was to just t remember to keep pushing fluids. I am sure if I would have run this with a real water manipulation protocol, the results would have been even better.

This is really the only negative aspect of this product. I found this on bodybuiding.com for $40 and since this is only a real 14 day supply you are looking at $2.85 per serving which is STEEEEEEEEEP. Don't get me wrong, this product worked great, and the package that this came in was very high end (we're talking very sturdy cardboard box, with magnetic closure, great graphics, and whatnot) but at the end of the day, I can do without that stuff if it can reduce the overall cost.

Side Effects

Say goodbye to water weight.

Conclusion

When it comes to weight loss and fat burners I have always like Cellucor. I find that the SuperHD products always to work for me and have given me some of my best weight loss results. This product was no exception and really delivered on water reduction. I just really hope they can do something about that price that makes it a little more feasible for the average person to use. I understand that this is a special purpose product that is not designed for everyday use or to be ran constantly, but if you are going to use it, hopefully, they can adjust the price so it is more gentle on the wallet.

Thanks to Destine Nutrition for sending it out!
  April 15, 2018

Pros:
 Cons:
  • Hydration Support
  • Reduced DOMS
  • Improved Recovery
  • Intraworkout Stamina
  • Mixes Well
  • Open Label

Aminos.....something to flavor your water, or an actually beneficial product? Let's have a look.

big thanks to Destine Nutrition for sending me their AminoZone to try. I love amino acids. For me, they make the world of difference on how terrible I will feel the next day after a workout. To add to that, most are very pleasant to drink as a bonus. Here lately since the market is flooded with Amino products, companies need to find a way to stand out from the competition. Let us have a look and see what makes this product so special.

----Ingredient...

The product label is fully disclosed on what you are getting which is a bonus. While they added some vitamins to the mixture the real focus is on the Amino acids profile itself.

They are using
2.5g of L-Leucine
1.5g of L-Isoleucine
1g of L-Valine

this is slightly higher than your standard clinical dosed 2:1:1 ratio.

AminoZone also included 1.5g of Taurine which in turn can help blood flow while the body is under stress or a physical activity.

AminoZone in an attempt to set itself apart from the competition has also included 300mg of Coconut Juice Powder which can aid the body in hydration, which is crucial during an athletic activity and can help keep the muscles hydrated with good minerals and vitamins and keep the lactic acid out.

I requested the Rainbow Italian Ice flavor and I am glad I did. This stuff tastes awesome, however, I cannot pinpoint the exact flavor. Sometimes it would remind me of a pink starburst, other times it had an aftertaste of a watermelon Jolly Rancher. It was really weird, however also very enjoyable. The only other Amino's that come close to having this flavor is Racked by DAS Labs.

Mixability was superb. It was almost an instant mixture with very little foaming when you shake it. there was the occasional settling at the bottom of my bottle but nothing a little shake could not handle.

For dosing, I would do 1 scoop (9.59g) to 32oz of water in my Nalgene bottle and I would drink it as I worked out.

So while most amino products are geared towards reducing soreness and creating a lean composition, this also focused on hydration. While I had reduced soreness and DOMS, the biggest thing I noticed was my overall level of hydration. The easiest way I noticed this, was the number of times I had to use the bathroom and how quickly it took. Most of the time I can go the whole workout without having to go #1, but while drinking this, my body was better utilizing the fluid and electrolytes that I was taking in. Because of this level of hydration, I feel that overall muscle soreness was down due to the muscle fibers having proper amounts of hydration in them preventing cramping and overall muscle tissue damage. For me, this is a sign that a product is working. I would only drink a serving during my workout rather than another one later in the day or post workout. I know some folks use it in different ways, but for me, I have found this is what works best.

The value hurts. Plain and simple. Destine Nutrition is a relatively new company so they are not widely available as of yet. So because of this, their products are going to come at a premium price. AminoZone can be found on their website and will cost you $44 per tub which is 30 servings. That will net you a price of $1.72 per serving. This is more than what you would pay for other big hitters like Endur3 and Adamantium Amino's which offer a lot more as an intra or peri-workout supplement.

Side Effects

Conclusion

While this is a great product with great flavor, the price point absolutely kills it. If I had a vast amount of money, yeah I would probably buy this again, but for right now it is only for the "ballers" out there. I feel that once Destine Nutrition is better established the price should come down on this product which will make it way more competitive in an already very competitive Amino market. Outside of the price, it is a great product that provides beneficial hydration during any kind of exercise.

Overall
Overall
5.7
5.4
Thanks to MDRN Athlete for sending it out!
  April 15, 2018

Pros:
 Cons:
  • Fully Disclosed Label
  • Great Pumps
  • Pharmacist Formulated
  • Tightness In Chest
  • Reduced Focus
  • Inconsistent
  • No Focus
  • Expensive Without A Discount
  • Artificial Sweeteners
  • Artificial Flavors
  • Artificial Colors
  • Lucid Feeling

Pre-Workout's are a dime a dozen in a saturated market, mostly with products full of fillers so let us take a look at a pharmaceutical grade product.

Big thank you to MDRN Athlete for sending this my way. I'm Just your average athlete who is trying to be the best they can be at fitness. Since I love PWO products and have tried many over the years, I have developed a basic criteria on how I grade each of them for their performance value. My workout style is a mix of Barbell complexes/Functional fitness/Olympic lifting, bro lifting (pump chaser) and sprinting/explosive speed workouts. for me, a successful PWO is one that can shine through all of my workouts (yes, it is a lot to ask for especially with cardio) so with that said, let us see how MDRN's product does.

So the profile on this is huge. Both Smashley and DMF have given thorough breakdowns of the ingredients list and there really is not much more I can add to both of their stellar reviews. With that being said I have chosen some ingredients to highlight for myself because I feel that they are important to talk about.

The first cluster of ingredients is dedicated to pump and blood flow.
They went with 6g of L-Citrulline and 1g of Agmatine which are both in the sweet spot range for these ingredients, as well as some other ingredients but for the sake of my review, I am only going to talk about these 2.

L-Citrulline is an amino acid. It is turned into L-arginine in the kidneys after supplementation, which means L-citrulline supplementation is a more effective method of increasing L-arginine levels in the body than L-arginine supplementation.

Second key player of the pump is Agmatine. Agmatine is the old school of pump inducing ingredients. Agmatine can also inhibit nitric oxide synthase enzymes, which allows it to regulate elevated levels of nitric oxide. It is also considered to be a neurotransmitter and neuromodulator because it is stored in the neurons while being available for use.

The second cluster of ingredients is geared towards focus.
I will be discussing Alpha-GPC, Dynamine, and TeaCrine.

Alpha-GPC is dosed at 300mg.
Alpha-glycerophosphocholine (Alpha-GPC or -GPC) is a cholinergic compound that is used for its cognitive-promoting properties, and to enhance power output in athletes. It appears to also support cellular membranes and may aid in preventing cognitive decline. Although found in a variety of food products that are also rich in choline, appears to be pharmacologically active at higher doses. The standard dosing range is 300mg-600mg.

Dynamine 250mg:
Dynamine is methylliberine, a purine alkaloid found in the Kucha tea leaf. Its molecular structure is similar to theacrine (aka TeaCrine) and is believed to behave in similar ways in the body. Like theacrine, methylliberine may amplify feelings of energy, mood and focus by activating dopamine receptors and other key neurotransmitters, inhibiting adenosine receptors, all without elevating heart rate or blood pressure. This is still a relatively new ingredient so the dosing protocols have not been well established yet to show the best synergistic use.

TeaCrine 125mg:
Theacrine is an alkaloid structurally similar to caffeine, and preliminary evidence suggests that it activates similar signalling pathways. The preliminary evidence also suggests less tolerance with theacrine. Although the role is not fully elucidated, theacrine appears to be capable of causing adenosine signaling changes similar to caffeine and similar to the role on adenosine signaling, theacrine may influence dopaminergic signaling in the same manner caffeine does through adenosine signaling so basically the same mental triggering that caffeine does, without the harshness of caffeine.

Finally, on top of these ingredients, they include 300mg of Caffeine.

Again, this is not the full list of ingredients for the product, just the ones I chose to talk about because I feel like they are the "big hitters" of the product.

After seeing the other review I will say I was lucky enough to receive the cotton candy flavored version of this. At first, I was not thrilled to try it because I never liked cotton candy as a kid, but I thought hey....this is why we review things so if it tastes bad you can talk about it.

So honestly, it tastes better than I thought. It's not great, but it is not bad. The flavor is hard to describe because I would say its a very mild cotton candy flavor, but they tried. There is a bitter note at the end, and it's directly due to the Agmatine. If anyone has ever tried that ingredient by itself, then you know what I am talking about.

Mixability was easy with 10oz of water in a shaker cup. Just give it a good shake before you throw it down and there are no problems.

Dosing is 1 scoop which is at 16g which is fairly large for a Pre.

So here is where a product like this would shine. It is built by a pharmacist, every ingredient was carefully chosen to deliver the best effect, and most ingredients were dosed at clinically proven amounts. The only problem is, the product didn't shine. It was probably one of the most inconsistent products I have used in a long time. The only thing I would really notice from this was a pump, but at the same time, I still had to work for it with heavy volume training and repeated drop sets. The focus section of this product was essentially non-existent. I would find myself struggling to keep a strong mental focus on what I was trying to do, in fact, it was more like I had ADHD in the gym rather than being locked in on destroying my workout.

Eluding to this being inconsistent, there were days that it felt like I had not taken anything prior to working out, and all the weights felt heavier and running felt more laborious. Then there were other days where it felt like I hooked a car battery up to my downstairs mix-up and was balancing myself between being awesome in the gym and having a full-blown stroke. I tried taking this with a meal of simple carbs, I tried taking this 30 minutes prior to eating and working out, I tried taking it on an empty stomach, and I tried taking this completely fasted. Every different version generated different results, without showing signs of consistency.

Additionally, as others have noted, there was some tightness in my chest and moments of feeling lucid which were not enjoyable, and sometimes it was strong enough to the point where I just said the hell with it and left my workout.

So the value is a changing thing. It sells for $43 on MDRN's website but they were generous enough to create a 20% off SR code which drops the price down to $34.40 and for 20 servings that is $1.72 per serving. This is a premium price for a pre-workout, especially one that has shown these inconsistencies.

Side Effects

I have already talked about the side effects but in case you missed it the product is inconsistent on how effective it is, can cause a tightness feeling in your chest, feeling lucid, and reverse effect on focus.

Conclusion

I'm staying away from this. I will not buy it again due to the issues that I had with it. I know they tried with the ingredients and tried to put together a clear labeled product that was dosed appropriately, but it just didn't happen. I will gladly stick to my less pharma-backed Pre-Workouts like Total War, El Jefe, and Pathogen. The positive aspect of products like these is it is different for everyone, so while this was not my cup of tea, it might work for someone else, however it does not get an approval from me.

Overall
Overall
8.9
Thanks to VMI Sports for sending it out!
  April 1, 2018

Pros:
 Cons:
  • Fights Cortisol
  • Produce Testosterone
  • Can Lead To Muscle Gain
  • Solid Ingredients
  • Transparent Label
  • Great Value
  • Harden Muscles
  • Lose Weight

Big thanks to VMI for sending Arimidrol my way for a test run. The biggest thing that will wreak havoc on your appearance is looking frumpy because you are holding onto water or have excess "stress" weight caused by cortisol which is produced when you or your body is under stress. VMI has introduced Arimidrol to help out with that. Let me tell you, this past month has been one of the toughest ones I have had stress wise in a long time, and Arimidrol definitely saved me.

The product label is very straightforward with ingredients:

Astrag...

The product label is very straightforward with ingredients:

Astragalus Extract 250mg
    (Astragulus membranaceus (root) (a 4:1 Extract, equivalent to 1,000mg of whole herb)
    Acatein 100mg
    (4-methoxy-5'7-dihydroxyflavone) (from Damiana) (Turnera Diffusa)

Astragalus is a traditional Chinese medicinal herb that has shown strong ability to help the human body adapt to a wide array of stressors. In doing so it helps the body combat cortisol levels and supporting an optimum hormonal balance. On top of that, it is used as a treatment to fight the common cold and even has been shown as a natural immune system booster. It also has properties that help combat inflammation, and can even slow or prevent the growth of tumors in the body. These are just a few of the benefits of this herb.

Acatein is a naturally occurring O-methylated flavone present in a number of plants that suppresses aromatase in the body which is an essential attribute when it comes to realigning the ideal balance of hormones in the body after cycling with prohormones and anabolic steroids. Aromatase is a type of enzyme that tends to trap free testosterone and convert them into estrogen hormones. Now while estrogen does have some key benefits in the body, having too much of them all at once can already trigger negative side effects. These negative side effects include developing gynecomastia, increased water retention that can make you lose the lean muscle gains that you've achieved during your cycle. So as you can see this ingredient plays a vital role in the world of Post Cycle Therapy.

Taste and mixability are a mute point because these are capsules. However, with that being said, there is not a weird taste or funky smell from them either.

Dosing is 2 capsules 20-30 minutes prior to a meal or physical activity/weight training. Do not exceed 2 capsules in any 24 hour period.

So here is where we will talk about how and why this product proved its' worth to me. So over the past month, my life has been a perfect storm of chaos and stress. Work has been more insane than ever by doing the work of 4 people with the staff of 2, I have been studying for a military promotion (Air Force), and my wife has some sort of mystery illness that doctors have yet to figure out, but she is constantly in and out of the hospital. So what does all of this mean???? STRESS LEVEL 9000 and cortisol through the roof (I naturally over produce cortisol anyways, so I carry extra fluff on my stomach).

Enter VMI Arimidrol. So not only did it help me not get the flu or any kind of sickness that has been around in Washington state, it also reduced the amount of water I was retaining from the insane amount of stress that I have been feeling and going through. I actually lost weight 3 pounds while on this, and I am confident that it was accredited to this product because of how dry my appearance was. To me based off of what was going on in my life and the effects that I saw, I would say that this product 100% works. In fact, to put it in perspective, since I have been off of it, the stress level is still there and it looks like I am trying to grow a beer gut without the beer due to excess cortisol and I want to stress eat. I also notice that my typical hard body spots like my chest shoulders and lats are starting to look soft again. To me, this is another sign that this product was effective. Yes, I was taking a testosterone booster while using this, but that product was not intended to provide a lean gain rather than just boost T. I would take this in the morning on an empty stomach 30 minutes before my morning workout. I realize that there was some heartache with this product and its' labeling because they basically revamped the entire product, but I can tell you that this is a real deal product. I did not get to try the old version for comparison, and I can only imagine how awesome it was.

For me, I think this is a fantastic value. You can get a bottle from a1 supplements for $28 for 30 servings which is $.66 a serving. This is cheaper than most pre-workouts let alone a hardening/anti-aromatase/PCT product.

Side Effects

The only thing that I ever noticed, was there might be a slight drying on the joints, but again the product is intended to dry you out so just take some fish oil.

Conclusion

I don't know what else to say other than this product is my best friend lol the fact that it could help keep my cortisol weight gain in check during this hell hole of a time is amazing. If you are looking to dry out or stay dry from running a stack or a cycle you need to get this. Besides that, it is not going to crush your wallet and is well worth your hard-earned money. VMI is quickly becoming one of my favorite brands with products like this and Major Mass. So far I have seen nothing but quality from them and they keep delivering time after time. Do yourself a favor and check this out!

Thanks to High T for sending it out!
      March 25, 2018

Pros:
     Cons:
    • Alpha Feeling
    • Boost Libido
    • Increase Strength
    • Feel Young
    • Less Soreness
    • Increase Test
    • Might Be Too Expensive For Some

Big thank you to HighT for letting me try their caffeine-free testosterone booster.
    As some of us get older we need a little boost here and there with testosterone and its production. Some seek the help of synthetic prohormone products, some use testosterone replacement therapy, then there are those who want to keep it as natural as possible, and that is where HighT comes in.

So the ingredients are a little hard to mesh with because this does contain a couple of proprietary blends. The ingredients are:

Vitamin B12 (as Cyanocobalamin) 48...

Vitamin B12 (as Cyanocobalamin) 48 mcg
    Vitamin E (as d-alpha Tocopheryl Succinate) 30IU
    Vitamin B6 (as Pyridoxine HCl) 8 mg
    Zinc (as Amino Acid Chelate) 1.5 mg
    Razberi-K Metabolic Enhancer 4-(4-hydroxyphenyl)
    butan-2-one Raspberry Ketones 200 mg

High T Black Proprietary Blend 900 mg
    Fenugreek Sterois Trignonella foenum graecum 50% Saponins, Eurycoma Longifolia Extract 4:1, Rhodiola Rosea 3% rosavins, Tribulus Terrestris

NO3X Nitric Oxide Booster 2000 mg
    Arginine-Alphaketoglutarate 2:1 (A-AKG), L-Citrulline Malate 1:1, Beta-Alanine (as Carnosyn)

As you can see, the two sections that really count in this product are not fully disclosed so you do not know how much of what ingredients you are getting, and what exactly is making it work. What I can tell you is this bottle has a STRONG smell of maple which is a good indicator that it contains a good amount of Fenugreek. For those who do not know Fenugreek is an herb from Southern Europe and Western Asia. It boosts libido and raises testosterone levels. Another advantage is that fenugreek also increases insulin release. I addition to this you have Tribulus which has long been touted as a natural testosterone booster.

The NO3 compound is a nice try, but let's be honest, we all know what the clinical doses are with these ingredients, and this area is severely underdosed if it wanted to actually create a pump boosting ability.

Because this is a capsule, there is not an issue with the taste or the mixability with this product. The dosing is 4 capsules daily for 30 days. I personally would take these first thing in the morning about an hour before working out and initially on an empty stomach then food following 30 minutes later.

Ok, now its time to get into the meat and potatoes of this review. I will be completely honest here, I see this product all the time at the Base Exchange in the supplement section and every time I pass over it when considering T boosters. I feel really bad about that now that I know what it's all about. This product delivers. I could tell a noticeable difference after one week. Overall aggression was up, and strength was on the rise as well. In regards to strength, it really felt like going back to the High School days where it felt like I did not have a plateau. I could always add weight to my lifts...and then lift it, even if I knew that it was above my personal best.

The second aspect that was noticeable was libido. It created a predatory alpha feel with the sense of you can walk into a room with the feeling that you were the baddest one there and are going to take the girl you want caveman style lol.

Finally, it wasn't what I noticed but something that my exercise physiologist said. He came up to me and was like man, you are getting big and are looking scary. That is the first time I have actually gotten a compliment like that in a while.

So I would say that those are the three major areas that you want to see improvement when taking a natural T booster, and this delivers.

So a 120ct which is a 30 day supply will run you $42.20 on amazon not counting shipping and that will equate to $1.41 a serving. This is more towards the high end of Natural T boosters. I would hunt for deals if you can. The price won't break the bank, but it's also not cheap.

Side Effects

There are no side effects to report with this, and that includes acne of any type.

Conclusion

Simply put, for a natural product it works. I will gladly eat crow when it comes to always passing this product up. I will formally apologize to them for thinking they were a lesser brand. If you are in the market for a natural T booster and do not want to get too crazy (like you would with PH's) I would give this a shot. Yeah you could say that it is a little pricey, however the month that you are using this, will be some of the best lifting you have. You will feel younger, you will have less achy joints, and might even feel that uptick on libido. Do yourself a favor and pick up a bottle.

Thanks to Beast Sports Nutrition for sending it out!
      March 23, 2018

• Prop Blend
    • Underdosed

Big thanks to Beast Sports Nutrition for letting me try Super Sauna Black. As an athlete who is looking to drop some weight and get "lean" while not losing strength, a product that is supposed to make you sweat more is ideal to what I want to do. The more you sweat, potentially the more water you can expel from your body which can equate to weight loss on the scale. Super Sauna black is supposed to make you start sweating in approximately 20 minutes post consumption, and have a long healthy lasting effect on the body so that you keep shedding water through sweat. Let's see what happened.

So for ingredients, you have a "compound" based ingredients section, so you are not going to know exactly how much you are getting.

the ingredients are :

Serving Size: 1 Scoop (5g)

Vitamin C (as Ascorbic Acid) 30mg
    Sodium (as Sodium Chloride) 40mg
    Potassium (as Potassium Phosphate) 40mg
    High-Potency Thermogenic Sweat Compound 60mg
    Grains of Paradise (Afromomum melegueta) Extract (Seed), Gamma-butyrobetaine ethyl ester HCl, Bioperine Black Pepper (Piper nigrum) Extract (Fruit)

Fat-Burning Metabolism Compound 1.0g
    L-Carnitine Tartrate

the ingredients to pay attention to are the ones listed in the thermogenic sweat compound and the fat burning metabolism compound

first up you have grains of paradise. This is a spice that is very similar to ginger, that is used as a fat burning ingredient. It works by promoting the transformation of white adipose tissue into brown adipose tissue. Activation of this "brown fat" yields the greater energy expenditure. Human studies have shown a dose of anywhere from 20-120mg to be effective.

Second is Gamma-butyrobetaine ethyl ester HCl of GBB. Gamma-butyrobetaine Ethyl Ester Chloride may potentially boost weight loss effects in many different patterns. One of the most effective mechanisms is that it helps increase energy levels, thereby preventing exhaustion during a performance of workout exercises. It may also enhance fat breakdown process.

The final ingredient for this compound is Bioperine which acts as an absorption agent.

The next compound you have is the Fat-Burning Metabolism compound which consists of 1g of L-Carnitine tartrate. L-carnitine helps to transport fat, particularly long-chain fatty acids, into the mitochondria of cells. Once there, they can be oxidized-used as fuel-to generate adenosine triphosphate or ATP. L-carnitine does this cellular work both when you exercise and rest. Research has shown that in order to maximize the effects of this ingredient, you need to consume 2-3g in conjunction with 30-40g of simple carbs like dextrose.

So based on initial findings, some of the key ingredients could be underdosed and lacking.

So I made the mistake of not picking the flavors between Sweet Heat and Lemon dropkick and was sent the Sweet Heat. This honestly tastes like you are drinking a liquid version of the hot tamales candy that is made by the company that makes Mike and Ikes. I will honestly say that I have never liked hot tamales or red hots, and drinking that flavor did not change my mind. On top of that, you have grains of paradise in there which is spicy on its own, and you have created a brutal flavor. I am not going to base a negative review on flavor because I know some folks out there will enjoy that however, it just wasn't for me.

Mixability was fine, I would do 1 scoop (5g) to 12oz of water sometimes more to mellow out the spice, and it would mix just fine. No clumps, or lumps.
    Again the dosing was 1 scoop once a day.

So this product claims that you will start sweating in approximately 20 minutes post consumption. I really hate when companies do this. Because now I have an easy metric to base my effectiveness rating off of, and I can say this product falls short. I normally do half of my workout with a hoody on, and when I reach a certain point of feeling hot and sweaty I will ditch it an finish my workout. With this, I would keep my hoody on the entire time, and my level of sweat was no greater than if I didn't take the product. Keep in mind, I am doing barbell complexes that consisted of heavy squats, deadlifts, bench and standing shoulder press, and followed it up with 500m rows, and sprints. My level of sweat was the same with and without this. Now in regards to how quickly I would sweat, that did not change either. I would drink this first thing in the morning as it burned my throat, and then it takes a solid 30 minutes to get to the gym. The entire time I did not feel any different core temperature wise or sweat wise. I would even do some cardio warmup to see if I could jump start this reaction and to no prevail I failed. One thing that did happen, was when I was done working out, I would continue to sweat in my armpits despite any amount of deodorant I used, but that was about it. I have gotten a better thermogenic effect from your standard pre-workout compared to this. I honestly think that this is due to the grains of paradise and the Carnitine being underdosed.

You can pick this up for $25 at 30 servings which is $.83 a serving making this a fair deal if you find that this product will work for you.

Side Effects

None, but then again the prescribed effects were not there either.

Conclusion

Potential. This product has it however, it is underdosed. If I am going to buy something that says I am going to sweat my ass off right on the label then it better deliver. Unfortunately, this did not. It was a fun experiment, but it is underdosed, and the flavors are not friendly enough to where I want to repeatedly drink this or for that matter go out and buy it. I think Beast needs to take a look at the ingredients and see what effective clinical doses are needed to really get the sweat going on someone. There is no reason why I should not be drenched in sweat if I am doing an entire workout in a fleece lined hoody. Until something is changed I would recommend folks turn away from this and stick to using good old-fashioned liquid Carnitine as a sweat/fat burning booster.

Overall
    Thanks to ProSupps for sending it out!
      March 23, 2018

Pros:
     Cons:
    • Convenient
    • Good Snack Size
    • No Fiber
    • Too Hard
    • Taste The Whey
    • A Lot Of Sugar
    • Lot Of Carbs

Big thanks to ProSupps for sending me a sample pack of their Mybar creation!

Big thanks to ProSupps for sending me a sample pack of their Mybar creation!
    In today's world of fitness and dieting, it is all about hitting that magical macro balance...you know the protein, fat, and carb intake as well as making sure to get enough calories. This is a hard thing to do, and it is usually what holds most people back from being where they want to be. Creations like protein shakes and bars can help get you there, but they have historically tasted like hot garbage, or have been so hard or bland that you would rather starve. ProSupps has tried to take a step forward in creating a bar that tastes good and that you will actually want in your life to help achieve those macronutrients.

The ingredients are as follows:
    protein Blend (Whey Protein Isolate, Whey Protein Concentrate, Whey Protein Hydrolysate), Soy Protein Isolate, Vegetable Oils (Palm, Palm Kernel, Soybean), Vegetable Glycerin, Sorbitol, Maltitol, Sugar, Water, Pea Protein Isolate, Cocoa (processed with Alkali), Brown Rice Flour, Natural Flavors, Salt, Sunflower Lecithin, Mono and Diglycerides, Whey, Potassium Sorbate (preservative), Tapioca Starch, Vitamin A Palmitate, Beta-Carotene, Almond, Peanut, and Sucralose.

As you can see they make the leading ingredient Whey Protein Isolate, which to me is important. In the past when I have tried products that lead with Whey protein concentrate, I tend to have terrible stomach bloat and poor digestion. I also like that they throw in a Pea Protein which is a nice alternative to milk-based proteins.

Some takeaways that I have which are picky at best is I would like to see the elimination of the soy ingredients and the vegetable oils. I try very hard to avoid products that contain soy at all cost especially after being a vegetarian who lived off of soy products for years. It wreaked havoc on my body and physique as a whole, so I think this product could do without that particular aspect, but that is just me.

This list of ingredients will give you these kinds of macros:

Amount per serving (55g)

Total Carbohydrates 17g
    Dietary Fiber 1g
    Sugars 6g
    Protein 20g

Taste is a make or break with a product like this, and ProSupps is claiming to deliver a candy bar like taste. At the risk of being crucified by the fitness community, I have to say this bar doesn't quite live up to the hopes I had for it. You might be asking yourself, why would he recommend it then? Well, I will say that this product is still great, and by no means taste terrible, however, I do not think it is the greatest one out there in my humble opinion. The reason for this, is when you consume these bars, and I will say that this goes for most of the flavors I was given, you can really taste the whey and the protein in it. Again, this me being very critical. The taste is not bad, but if I was in a grocery aisle looking at protein bars, I am not sure if I would reach for the MyBar product.

the second aspect that I have an issue with, is the hardness of the bar. Yes, it is good for the bar to stand on its own so it is not smashed in your bag or whatever during transport, but when you open it up to take a bite, you should not be having to fight your way through to chomp through the bar. Every bar I had was very dense in a manner that it was hard to take a bite.

(I am basing these comparisons against Chef Robert Irvine's Fitcrunch bars. I completely understand that the macros are different for both bars, but this is a comparison of taste and texture right now, and for me, the Fitcrunch bar wins).

To wrap this section up, mixability is a non-issue due to being a bar, and dosing was 1 bar.

So some positives for this product is, I was able to find a wonderful place in my macros for it, and it does keep you full. I tend to do a carb cycle through the week, so the days where my carbs were up, I would consume this in the evening as a pre-bedtime snack so I could hit my macros. This was also an effective product because it did not cause any digestive issues such as gas or bloat which is nice.

Plus as I mentioned, the bar will keep you full so it was nice to be able to go to bed without having a lot of hunger pains during the night which allowed me to sleep comfortably. Of course on days where carbs were restricted, I would not consume this bar and my diet looks totally different.

So this is on par with most "high grade" protein bars out there. You can snag a box from bodybuilding.com for $25 (minus shipping) which comes out to be $2.08 per bar. Obviously, if you can get a deal then it will be cheaper, or if you are at the grocery store buying one bar, they might sell it for cheaper. All in all, this is the same price point you are going to be paying for most protein bars.

Side Effects

none to report

Conclusion

So here we are, the conclusion. Do I think that this is a great bar? Sure, but will this be the go-to bar that I buy? Probably not. I still recommend this, because when it comes to products like this, everyone has different taste. The things I may not like about this could be the things that someone else enjoys. This is why the reviews are important. I like Fitcrunch bars, others don't which is completely fine. Plus my batch could have been harder than normal. At the end of the day, I tip my hat to ProSupps for stepping up and trying to make a great tasting bar to compete with Quest. Because let's be honest, Quest has been the one who has been wearing the crown in this category, and I feel like if they get some competition it might make them create some changes for the positive or get creative with the product. I would definitely tell folks to give this bar a try and see what they think for themselves, and if you are looking for a particular flavor to try out I would recommend the confetti cake flavor or the Ice Cream Cookie Crunch.

Thanks to Outbreak Nutrition for sending it out!
      March 18, 2018

• Good Pumps
    • Good Focus
    • Supports Endurance
    • Works Every Time

Big thanks to Outbreak Nutrition for letting me try their Pre-Workout Pathogen. Since I love PWO products and have tried many over the years, I have developed a basic criteria on how I grade each of them for their performance value. My workout style is a mix of Barbell complexes/Functional fitness/Olympic lifting, bro lifting (pump chaser) and sprinting/explosive speed workouts. for me, a successful PWO is one that can shine through all of my workouts (yes, it is a lot to ask for especially with cardio) so with that said, let us see how Pathogen holds up to the test.
    ...

Right off the bat, you are met with a fully disclosed label which is great in knowing what you are going to get and how it is going to perform.

1 scoop is 12.2g of:

Caffeine Anhydrous-350mg
    TeaCrine-125mg
    Theobromine-100mg
    Juglans Regia Extract-100mg

(TKCofRedLine did a great job of breaking down every ingredient listed on the label, so I am going to give my take on some of the heavy hitting ingredients for the sake of not having a review that is repeating everything that has already been said before).

This ingredients panel is changed from the previous blend which only had 5g of Citrulline and had 1g of Agmatine. Some might view this change as a negative due to it creating a less pump, but in the loss of the Agmatine they added Potassium nitrate and increased the amount of Citrulline. You might ask yourself what does this mean in translation. Well since they bumped up the Citrulline, that means that your endurance under tension is going to be increasing which will allow you to push hard for longer. Citrulline also acts as a vasodilator which in turn will help push more blood into the muscle tissue. Secondly, they added Potassium Nitrate which is beneficial for all athletes. By significantly increasing Nitric Oxide, your body is able to perform physical actions at a lower Oxygen requirement. This means that your endurance will be significantly enhanced. Imagine breathing easier, yet running faster, or lasting longer in the weight room. Another benefit to Nitrate usage is the intense vasodilation it provides. Vasodilation is the literal expanding of your veins, which allows more blood, oxygen, and nutrients to reach your hungry and tired muscle cells. This gives you a great "pumped" feeling, as well as significantly enhanced recovery.

The caffeine in this is 350mg, which could be viewed as high to some or it could hinder blood flow capabilities in the body, but to be honest, it was just the right amount. It was enough to wake me up and get me going, but I didn't feel like a giant energy crack head. It was nice and smooth with its delivery and worked time after time.

TeaCrine was a nice touch to this. This is an amazing product that your body cannot build a tolerance to, so it will work again, and again, and again. TeaCrine inhibits adenosine, which decreases feelings of fatigue for longer, stronger workouts. TeaCrine provides better focus to achieve your goals with an enhanced neural drive. All of this combined with the caffeine and endurance factors from the CM and nitrates makes for a potent PWO.

So I received the Agent Orange Pineapple flavor and I loved it. Honestly, it tasted just like the powder OJ drink from my childhood called tang. You could not taste any of the ingredients in this, or the sour/bitterness from the Citrulline or Nitrates. I did not get a lot of the pineapple from this flavor, but it had zero impact on how I felt about the taste.

Mixability was a breeze. I did 1 scoop with 12oz of water, shook it up with a blender bottle, waited 10 minutes, shook again and drank it all in with zero issues.

Dosing was 1 scoop with 12oz of water. I found this to be the sweet spot for this product.

So here is the fun part. Did this pass my criteria? You bet it did. The energy from this was smooth and focused, instead of erratic and too strong. for me, what is the point of being that hyped up if you cannot focus it on what you are doing. Pathogen nailed it with the caffeine/TeaCrine combo in this. The focus allowed me to envision what I was going to do on my barbell complexes and Olympic lifts, and I was successful in having good lifts. Anyone who has lifted heavy enough knows the mind game that goes into moving some serious weight, and you have to see it in order to achieve it.

In regards to it not being the most effective in the pump area, I would have to say I don't get it. When I would do exercises that generate a mean pump, this product delivered time and time again. Whether it was doing drag curls, dips, Max effort sets on squats, or strict shoulder press, my muscles would be full and pumped to the point that my range of motion started to suffer. To me, that is an effective product. Not only that, but the Potassium Nitrate left my muscles feeling full well after the exercise had stopped.

The final aspect of my workouts is the sprinting explosive speed. This product passed in this area as well. Sometimes if you are too heavy with stimulants instead of having the energy to run, you feel like your heart is going to explode. Not with this. It was smooth again and helped me feel explosive with my cardio. A typical workout would be sets of 300m, 400m, 800m sprints, and or repeat 500m rows on the concept rower machine. Yeah, I felt like I was full of energy, but it was a positive feeling rather than an "I am going to die" feeling.

The price of this is 28 servings for $35 which is $1.25 and is comparable to most PWO's out there on the market. I feel that if they could keep this price and round it out to a full 30 scoops then it would hold a higher value even though it is just 2 added scoops.

Side Effects

None to report.

Conclusion

Massive congrats to Outbreak Nutrition on putting together an awesome well-rounded product. I see why they say that this could help you survive the apocalypse. With the energy and focus it gives, added with the endurance and blood pumping ingredients you will be a juggernaut to be reckoned with. Ok all joking aside about the end of the world, this brand continues to impress me by delivering home run products, that shine and are more eye-catching their labels and theme. Again this PWO will appeal to all different types of athletes and lifters. The only sport that I do not know if this would be effective is swimming, simply because I didn't try it, however, do not let that deter you from trying it. If you are looking to up your game with a product that will improve your abilities in all aspects, look no further than Pathogen.

Thanks to Method Performance Supplements for sending it out!
      March 18, 2018

Pros:
     Cons:
    • Deeper More Recuperative Sleep
    • Better Relaxation
    • Reduce Stress
    • Solid Sleep
    • Clean Label
    • More Morning Energy
    • Lights Out
    • Improves Recovery
    • Enhanced Focus
    • May Prove Too Strong For Some
    • Some Grogginess
    • Bathroom Trips At Night

Big thanks to Method Performance for sending DEFRAG my way. Sleep is probably one of the greatest no effort thing we can do for ourselves. This is the key time where your body recovers and pushes critical hormones to sustain a quality life. However, many of us out there including me are terrible at sleep. Whether it is the stress of the day or something else, if you are not sleeping....then simply you are not recovering. Products like Defrag are critical in bridging the gap so that even those who struggle at least have a chance of getting some shut-eye.

----Ingre...

War Machine stole my thunder on this with his awesome in-depth review of the ingredients, but I will give it my best to provide my take on the key ingredients that they are using for sleep and relaxation:

GABA 1g: this is an amino acid which acts as a neurotransmitter in the central nervous system. It inhibits nerve transmission in the brain, calming nervous activity. As a supplement, it is sold and promoted for these neurotransmitter effects as a natural tranquilizer to help you relax and fall asleep. This amino acid has also been shown to increase the production of growth hormone while the host is asleep. Because of its effectiveness, it has been shown to help fight seizures and Parkinson's due to hindering the transmission of nerve impulses from one neuron to another.

5-HTP 150mg: 5-HTP is a precursor to serotonin and melatonin, the neurohormones that make you feel good with happy feelings and also make you feel sleepy. 5-HTP is converted from the amino acid tryptophan, then converted into helpful neurotransmitters, but your body can sometimes struggle with this conversion. Supplementing with 5-HTP which readily crosses the blood-brain-barrier to create the hormone serotonin will assist your body in the completion of this process, or at least provide it the boost you need.

Melatonin 3mg: Melatonin is a hormone that's made by the pineal gland in the brain, melatonin helps control your daily sleep-wake cycles. Your body naturally has an internal clock and that clock helps dictate how much melatonin your pineal gland needs to make. If your sleep-wake cycle is interrupted or thrown off it, it can drastically reduce the amount of melatonin your body makes naturally causing sleep issues such as wide awake at night and tired during the day. Supplementing with this at night can help someone get a natural rhythm back when it comes to restful sleep at night.

They also threw in 300mg of Ashwagandha root extract which is known for stress reduction and overall health benefits when it comes to fighting stress and creating a positive attitude.

Again, there are several other ingredients in this product, but these are the heavy hitters in regards to why this is labeled a sleep aid. War Machine did a great job breaking down some of the other aspects and areas that this product addresses.

They sent me fruit punch which I believe is the only flavor that they have right now. This is where War Machine and I will disagree. The flavor is not terrible, but it has a strong artificial taste to it. I had to do a lot of experimenting to find the right amount of water to mix this with just to calm the flavor. The first few times I tried this it was kind of rough. If you would have asked me what flavor it was, I simply would have told you red rather than fruit punch. With all of that being said, this is a minor infraction for a product like this and I can easily look past it.

Mixability was great. I found that using 12-14oz was the magic number for me, and it worked well for the powder. There was a little settling with this, and it did foam a bit, but overall it is not something that is a deal breaker, especially if you are used to mixing powders and drinking them.

Dosing is 1 scoop at 5g and that is it. You absolutely do NOT need another scoop. This is a very potent blend and it will take you out. So with that being said, make sure you are using this close to bedtime and that you will not need to be doing anything crazy after you drink this for the safety of yourself and those around you.

So to continue with the theme I had in regards to dosing and the title, this stuff will make you look as if you are flatlined on a bed. Simply put you will go to sleep, simple as that. For me, this would take about an hour to really kick in, so I knew that if I drank it, I probably had a good 40 minutes in me to do anything that could be deemed comprehensible. The downside to how effective this is, if you do not get at least 7 hours of sleep, you are going to hate your life the next day. I had a few nights where I had to get up earlier than expected, and man oh man did this stuff ever give me a hangover due to how powerful it was. Again War Machine and I differ in this aspect because even some days where I got a full 8 hours of sleep I would still feel a little groggy. The great news is though, due to the deep sleep that I was getting, my recovery was outstanding. My body was doing what it needed to do at night to promote muscle growth and repair which is fantastic. One thing I will mention is this is the first sleep supplement that I have taken to where it knocked me out this hard, and I did not have weird vivid dreams. Most nights I didn't even realize I had fallen asleep and the next thing I knew it was time to wake up as if I hit a time warp. War Machine did make a note to take this on an empty stomach to reach its full effectiveness, and I can confirm this to be true. If you take this with a meal, your results will be jaded due to the food absorbing the ingredients.

You can get a tub of this for $38 for 30 servings which is $1.26 which is honestly a really decent price considering all of the ingredients that are in this product and how effective it is. There might be others out there that are cheaper, but they may not have the effect that this brings.

Side Effects

So the two most prominent side effects that I had were sleep/fatigue hangovers for the nights that I was woken up by outside interference, and since this is a beverage product, I would get the nagging sensation to go to the bathroom on some nights. I would try to circumvent this by making one last trip before I would go to sleep, but some nights it didn't help and I would be woken up by that.

Conclusion

Hands down, this will knock you out and put you to sleep. I highly recommend this product for those who are struggling to get a full nights rest, or for those who want to take their recovery game to the next level. You will not be disappointed in the results that this gives you. Big kudos to Method Performance for having a big hit on their hands with this one.

March 11, 2018

Pros:
     Cons:
    • Reduced Doms
    • Mixes Well
    • No Dyes
    • Decent Taste
    • Large Dose
    • Honest Label
    • Peak02
    • Increased Power Output
    • Increased Cardio Output

I love amino acids. For me, they make the world of difference on how terrible I will feel the next day after a workout. To add to that, most are very pleasant to drink as a bonus. Here lately since the market is flooded with Amino products, companies need to find a way to stand out from the competition. Enter John Meadows and his Adamantium Aminos. This product is EAA's with Peak02 and will help push your workout to the next power level. Let us have a look and see what makes this product so special.

Granite Supplements doesn't hide any...

Granite Supplements doesn't hide anything in this product and brings you an almost fully transparent label, only using a blend for the Peak02.

Serving Size: 1 Scoop (14.7g)
      Servings Per Container: 30

3:1:1 BCAA Matrix 5000mg
      L-Leucine 3000mg
      L-Isoleucine 1000mg
      L-Valine 1000mg

Peak O2 Blend 2000mg (a blend of Cordyceps, Reishi, King trumpet, Shitake, Lion's mane, and Turkey tail)
      Taurine 750mg

L-Threonine 500mg
      N-Acetyl L-Tyrosine 500mg
      L-Phenylalanine 300mg
      L-Lysine 250mg
      L-Histidine 100mg
      L-Trptophan 75mg
      L-Methionine 50mg

This blend is said to increase
      Workout Duration
      Maximum power output (up to 17.6% over baseline)
      Peak strength
      Anaerobic peak power
      Oxygen utilization
      Ability to uptake oxygen
      Exercise Capacity

This is making very bold claims especially in the fitness world, and where weight talks, money will follow especially if the product works.

So now down to the real information here. Taste is probably the only negative thing I would say about this, and even then it's not really that negative. I tried the Gamma Green Apple flavor. The thing that disappointed me was that I was expected a huge rush of granny smith green apple and some sourness, but it was not there. The best I could describe this is, it tasted more like a watered down red apple flavor. I still give them massive kudos on the flavor given that Peak02 is in this. If you have ever tried that ingredient by itself, you will understand how god awful it can really taste. So I still will give this a big thumbs up in the flavor department.

Mixability is good as well. I would run this with close to 35oz of water in a Nalgene bottle without a blender ball. As with most products, there is the occasional settling at the body, but a quick shake has this up and going ready for your next gulp. It has a little foaming to it when you are initially mixing it up, but it will settle quickly.

Dosing was 1 scoop (14.7g) daily taken during my workout. I'm sure you can drink another during the day, but I found that it really was not needed.

I can honestly say this stuff works. I have been killing myself in the gym, throwing down on giant barbell complex days and upping my working weight weekly and this stuff has been by my side the entire time. Yes, I would still have some soreness from my workouts, but that is always going to happen. The EAA's are a staple of John Meadows and he has hit a home run with this. As far as the claim of increasing your power output by almost 18%, I am not a big math nerd but I can tell you that while taking this stuff, it always felt like I could tap into another gear the longer my workouts went. There is nothing like doing working sets of 5 on deadlift, to only do a max effort set with the same weight and almost double your reps instead of being fatigued. Better yet, not feeling destroyed the rest of the day, or the day after. Another bonus was cardiovascular endurance. My ability to put out more on sprints has gone up while taking this as well. This is definitely a performance-based product that has been carefully put together to make sure the end user can push harder than before and increase their workload as time goes on.

So you can get a tub of this for $34 from natural body inc. which comes out to be $1.16 which is completely fine with me. It might cost more than other EAA products out there, but you are also getting much more than EAA's.

Side Effects

None to report.

Conclusion

John Meadows has done it again. Not only is this guy legendary in the industry for his programs and his physique, but he is the king of Intra-workout products. This is no exception. He has delivered a fantastic Amino product that helps recovery and increases power out, without flooding your body full of dextrose and carbs. The fact that this product makes the claims it does, and then delivers on them is a testament to the quality that was put into it. I highly recommend anyone giving this a try and see for themselves if they can see the same claims that I have experienced with this.