Reaper61

SR TROOPer

• Member has been active for 1 year, and was last online today

Reviews by Reaper61

Thanks to Mind Muscle Nutrition for sending it out!
  July 15, 2018

Pros:
 Cons:
  • Great Ingredient Profile
  • Thermo Effect
  • Pumps
  • Focus
  • Excellent Vascularity
  • Euphoric Workout Sessions
  • Great Energy
  • Crazy Focus
  • A Bit Pricey
  • Might Be Too Intense
  • Could Cause Anxiety

Good God, does this product ever hit hard. I seldom find myself in a situation where I have to experiment with the dosing of a Pre-Workout let alone dosing one by taking less than one scoop, but I found it. This product is a trip and might be too much for some users, especially those who are sensitive to stimulants combined with Nootropics.

Big thanks to Mind Muscle Nutrition for letting me run M2 for them. Since it is summer its time to maximize muscle and lean out, which means for me I must lift heavy but still be able to do cardio at the same time. When using products like this, I try to consider how effective it is for lifting heavy, what kind of mood it supports, and if I can still do cardio afterwards. Most Pre's are only effective for a couple of my categories and usually lack the ability to perform in all of them. So let's take a look to see how M2 holds up.

The ingredient profile on this product is stacked with a fully disclosed label. Many reviews before me have gone into detail on all of the ingredients this product has to offer so I am only going to highlight the big hitters this contains:

Citrulline Malate - 6g
Synephrine HCL - 50mg
Yohimbine - 2.5mg
Huperzine A - 0.05mg
BioPerine - 5mg

Based on these ingredients you can see that you will be provided with the proper tools needed to generate a nasty pump, as well as fight or at least buffer muscle fatigue with the clinical doses of Citrulline Malate, Beta Alanine, and Glycerol Monostearate.

At first glance, one might not think this is a stim heavy product based off of the initial dose of Caffeine being 150mg, but then you add that to 50mg of Caffeine Citrate, 100mg of Teacrine, and 100mg of 2-Aminoisoheptane which is a grand total of 400mg of stimulant or stimulant generating product. Yes, Teacrine is not a stimulant, but it gives you all of the feels of one so I am counting it as part of that group.

Then on top of that, you have 250mg Eria Jarensis Ext and .05mg of Huperzine A giving you a hard hit on Nootropics to generate massive amounts of focus for your workout.

Clearly, you can see that this product is not screwing around and is purpose-built to deliver to the end user. They really have not cut any corners with this product and are focused on giving you the energy and mental focus you need to go in the gym and conquer your workout.

So Right now they have one flavor and that is Bomber. The taste is kind of hard to pinpoint outside of saying it kind of reminds me of a bombsicle. If anything this product is very very tart/sour to the point I felt like I was drinking Pep-Test Bulk from MAN Sports. I am not saying it is a bad thing, I am just making the point that if the product doesn't wake you up, the mouth-puckering taste will. I have seen where they are coming out with some other flavors, so It will be interesting to see how well those work.

Mixability was a little frustrating, I would throw 3/4 to 1 scoop in with about 12oz of water and let it sit for a bit then shake the hell out of it, and I would still get grit and floaties that would stick to Supplementreviews.com top of the line shaker. I mean it is not a deal breaker, because after all the serving size of 1 scoop is 20g so I do not expect it to be perfect, and I would just add some water in and finish it off.

So as far as dosing goes, I started out with one scoop for most of my run but switched it to 3/4's of a scoop. The reason for this, was the combination of stimulants and Nootropics was getting to be too much for me. I noticed particularly that my adrenal glands were starting to suffer from being overstimulated and I would get intense feelings during my workout to where breathing felt more labored than it had to be. My ability to do cardio was also suffering because my heart was trying to jump out of my chest. Most of this calmed down when I lowered it to 3/4 of a scoop. I would still get the same intense focus and fast heartbeat but it was in a manageable fashion to where I could perform at the level I want to be at.

So I just covered some of the effectiveness in the dosing section, but I will talk more about the focus that this gives. It is a true make you hear colors and see sounds product. The only time I have had the focus like this was when I took the Nootropic product made by NooWave Supplements. The effects that were generated were on the edge of being too much. For those who have experienced this you will understand, but sometimes you can have too much focus going on in your brain, and instead of being able to channel it in a productive manner, it can cause you to feel anxious. Again, this product delivers at such a high rate, that it could be on that border of too much. Once I dropped the dose to under 1 scoop, things mellowed out enough to where the focus allowed me to be more productive in the gym rather than looking like a crackhead who tried meth for the first time. This product is also going to make you sweat. It has Yohimbine in it which I have always had a good time with, but again this will leave you drenched from your workouts.

I do not want people to confuse my tone on the review, I liked this product and thought that it delivered on everything it said it would. Users just need to understand that there are some products out there that are actually going to hit hard and deliver on their promises so they need to be ready for that. Make no mistake, this is not the standard Cellucor Kool-Aide to where you need 2-4 scoops to do the job. Toss 1 scoop in and get ready to ride the lightning.

right now you can only buy this from Mind Muscles website for $45 which will get you 30 servings coming out to $1.50 a serving. Yes this can be seen as a higher-end price but, you are getting a premium product for your money, but again, this a true 1 scoop product.

Side Effects

The stimulant/Nootropic combo might be too much for some.

Conclusion

Flat out this product works. If you are stim junkie or someone who likes extreme energy from a Pre-Workout product then I highly suggest that you give this a try. The price is expected because you are getting a massively dosed high-quality product. I do caution users to follow the directions and assess their tolerance to the product because it can have strong effects. We do not need someone getting hurt simply because they feel they are too tough to assess how they can handle a product and it gets taken away. Congratulations to Mind Muscle for making a great Pre-Workout.

Thanks to Black Lion Research for sending it out!
  July 8, 2018

Pros:
 Cons:
  • Decrease Fluid
  • AI
  • Increase Vascularity
  • Increase Blood Flow
  • Fat Reduction
  • Unclear Label
  • Difficult Application
  • Questionable Dosing

I am happy to say that my first run with a transdermal product was a solid one with Black Lion Research. While the was a hiccup which I will explain later, the overall beneficial effects were positive.

Big thanks to Black Lion Research for letting me try Exotherm. Since it is summer time, I am trying really hard to get in solid shape and stay as lean and dry as possible while trying to get as strong as possible. I have never tried a transdermal product before so I felt like being adventurous and giving Black Lion Researches Exotherm a try.

-...

So the ingredient profile is something that I am not used to given that this is a product in a pump bottle and the ingredient profile is not laid out in a manner to where you know exactly how much of each ingredient you are getting. With that being said this is my best try at explaining what is in this product:
Serving size 1ml
Amount per serving 100mg
Ingredients:
Ethanol, Water, 5,7-dihydroxyflavone, Atractylodes Macrocephala, Cirsium Oligophyllum, Stearoyl Vanillylamide, Glycerol, Isopropyl Myristate, Propylene Glycol.

So 100% honest with you guys, I have zero clues what these ingredients are so let us explore them together.

First up we have 5, 7-dihydroxyflavone. a naturally occurring, a polyphenolic compound found in a number of plants, honey, and propolis (the resinous "glue" bees use for hive construction). This has been shown to be a very effect AI as long as it does not have to go through the stomach and be exposed to stomach acid which will break it down. Secondly, it is only effective as long as it can reach the target tissue, i.e. via transdermal application.

The second ingredient is Atractylodes Macrocephala. This is an ancient root used in medicinal medicine. Atractylodes promotes urination and can reduce edema (swelling due to the accumulation of fluid in organs and tissues of the body).

Cirsium Oligophyllum. Cirsium Oligophyllum is an edible perennial belonging to the thistle family. As a potent beta-2 agonist, Cirsium helps stimulate lipolysis, which liberates fatty acids for use as fuel.

Stearoyl Vanillylamide, which is also known as C18-VA, is considered to be a non-pungent (CAP) analog of Capsaicin. Though capsaicin is the main cause of the hot or red pepper's spicy flavor, Stearoyl Vanillylamide isn't the same-it doesn't have that spicy flavor. As a non-pungent capsaicin, it has the ability to Stimulate brown adipose tissue or brown fats (fats that are mostly found in mitochondria that generate heat in the body)

Glycerol also is known as GMS. GMS is a food additive used as a thickening, emulsifying, anticaking, and preservative agent; an emulsifying agent for oils, waxes, and solvents; a protective coating for hygroscopic powders; a solidifier and control release agent in pharmaceuticals; and a resin lubricant. It is also used in cosmetics and hair-care products.

Isopropyl myristate is a polar emollient and is used in cosmetic and topical medicinal preparations where good absorption into the skin is desired.

Propylene Glycol. s a synthetic organic compound with the chemical formula C3H8O2. It is a viscous, colorless liquid which is nearly odorless but possesses a faintly sweet taste. Chemically it is classed as a diol and is miscible with a broad range of solvents, including water, acetone, and chloroform.

So as you can see, there are a lot of chemical and root compounds in this, and it goes back to we really do not know how much of each we are getting in one serving.

So despite all temptations, I did not taste this since it is a dermal application product (yes that is sarcasm, don't try to eat this kids). The same goes for the mixability, the product comes in a little aluminum bottle with a pump handle on it, so you do not have to mix it.

The dosing is supposed to be 1ml 3 times a day. The only catch is, there really is no way to gauge how many pumps will equal 1ml. I typically went with 2 "solid" pumps and distributed it throughout my upper chest, delts, and occasionally I would put it on my stomach just to see if it would help with fluid retention on my abs.

So when I applied this to the areas that I previously mentioned the first thing I notice was a cool burn feeling, kind of like a menthol sensation, which I did not mind at all. It took a solid week to really notice anything from a physical standpoint, but from week 2 through the product finish I notice a reduction in subcutaneous fluid and fat through my upper chest and delts, aka the places that I applied this cream to. I also noticed that during my workouts, these areas would feel more of a pump during the workout, especially my shoulders and delts. Vascularity increased in these areas as well. I seldom ever have veins popping out in my shoulders and chest, but while using this they were predominately coming out and staying out. I tried experimenting by using it on my abs but did not see any noticeable results from that.

One issue I did have, which was more with the application and container itself rather than the product, was going into week 3, the pump itself broke and stopped pumping the liquid out, so I was constantly having to take it apart and pouring it out into my hands and applying it that way. It was already hard enough to gauge how much I was using at a time, but this made it even worse. I think if they were to switch to a roller application this product would do a lot better, and consumers would feel better about using it.

You can find this on Black Lion Research's website for $42 for a 40ish day supply which could come out to $1.05 a serving. Again, the problem you will have is you have no idea how much you are really using per application, so it is hard to tell what the true daily value is for this product.

Side Effects

None to report.

Conclusion

Outside of the issue with the pump breaking and the fact that you have no idea how much you are using, the product is great. The actual liquid that you apply to your body does what you want it to do and you benefit from it. It is just a shame that the means to use the product is a total let down. As I mentioned before, if they can switch this to a roll-on application then I feel that it would be easier to use, and gauge how much you are possibly getting. outside of all of this, if you consistently use this product, you will notice a reduction in the fluid, and subcutaneous fluid in your skin where you apply it.

Thanks to Black Lion Research for sending it out!
  July 8, 2018

Pros:
 Cons:
  • Vivid Dreams
  • Decent Value
  • Better Cognitive Function
  • Some Fat Reduction
  • Some Weight Loss
  • Increase HGH
  • Deeper Sleep
  • Hormone Regulation
  • Better Recovery

To be honest, I have never heard of the name Prolactrone or knew anything about it or Black Lion Research. What I can tell you is they have given you a product that is simple yet effective in helping you recover better through sleep.

Big thanks to Black Lion Research for letting me try out Prolactrone. They say that this simple yet effective product can help with increasing HGH levels

decreasing Prolactin levels, and assist deep sleep with vivid dreams. For me, as I get older, my focus has really shifted to how well I can recover from the abuse I put my body through in the gym. I have really stepped it up a notch over the past month with lifting heavier, being more explosive, and bringing up my cardio level and intensity. The only way I can do this and survive is how well I am recovering at night, so I figured this would be a good product to use.

Black Lion Research has given us a fully disclosed and simple label with these ingredients:

Ldopa 99% 166mg
    Green Tea Extract 50% EGCG 233mg

that is it, folks.

So for me, I am new to Ldopa so I figured I would do my research on this ingredient since it is probably new to others as well.

The main function of L-Dopa is as a precursor to several different neurotransmitters, especially Dopamine. The Dopamine chemical cannot itself cross over the blood-brain barrier and must be synthesized in the brain. However, L-Dopa can penetrate this barrier and leads to increased levels of this pleasure-inducing hormone. L-Dopa is converted into Dopamine by the DOPA decarboxylase enzyme, also known as aromatic L-amino acid decarboxylase. Once this action is complete, L-Dopa causes a stimulatory effect on the Central Nervous System. The hypothalamus area of the brain, along with the pituitary gland, release increased levels of growth hormone (HGH). It has also been shown to increase the levels and activities of the adrenergic hormones Norepinephrine and Epinephrine. The combined presence of these increased levels of hormones and neurotransmitters are responsible for a number of beneficial effects like regulating motor control, sex drive, immune function, fat loss (and gain), lean muscle growth, bone density, energy levels, and even sleep cycles. Most experts agree that taking 250mg-500mg a day is ideal, and if you take all 3 servings of Prolactrone then you will be right under the high end of a daily cycle.

The second ingredient is Green Tea extract which is a little more common with your average supplement user. Green tea extract is usually an isolated form of one or more of the tea's catechins, the most potent of which is ECGC. This Ingredient is usually associated with burning fat and the science behind it has been proven as well. The scientific data supporting the effect of EGCg on increasing fat loss is solid, including quantitative results reported by Dr. Abdul Dulloo, one of the eminent researchers in the field. In a carefully controlled study, providing a green tea extract (50 mg caffeine/90 mg EGCg) with breakfast, lunch, and dinner, the total number of extra calories burned daily increased by about 80 calories. A later review of several studies showed average daily increases in calorie burning of ~110 calories, resulting in the additional loss of 12.2 grams of fat daily.

So as you can see from the research behind the two ingredients in this, you can expect to get a decent recovery through sleep, feel better, have a clearer mind, and you might just end up losing some weight if you are good with your diet.

So taste and mixability are not a factor since this is a capsule. The dosing is easy as well since it is just 1 capsule 3 times daily. I used this by taking 3 capsules a day, and I would take 1 before my workout first thing in the morning, 1 with food at lunch, and 1 right before I would go to sleep, so I could get the effects of the deep vivid dreams and restful sleep.

So the effectiveness of this product is weird and very subtle. What I mean by that is, it is kind of like taking a well-formulated vitamin, or taking your fish oil supplement. You take it every day and keep going with your life, not really noticing anything drastic, but then when you take it away from your system you have a greater appreciation for what it was doing for you. The same goes for this. I really did not notice any effects during the day with this, to the point that I felt like it was fluke product, but night time was where it shined. This product says that you will have vivid dreams, and do you ever. My dreams went from fuzzy memories to realistic scenarios as if I was trapped inside a computer simulation and living out these scenarios. For some, this might be scary or too intense depending on what your dreams are, but for me, it meant that I was finally tapping into deep R.E.M. sleep. During the deep stages of NREM sleep, the body repairs and regrows tissues builds bone and muscle and strengthens the immune system. Additionally, your body releases and regulates hormones so you can recover. This is exactly what this product claims that it will do, and it delivers. After about two weeks I noticed that I would wake up feeling better, and less and less destroyed from the previous days' workout. This allows me to push harder day after day because I am recovering better.

As far as the other benefit of reducing Prolactin, I do not have a problem with this, to begin with so it is hard to tell if that worked. Prolactin is a hormone produced in the pituitary gland, named because of its role in lactation. It also has other wide-ranging functions in the body, from acting on the reproductive system to influencing behavior and regulating the immune system. Since I do not have the opportunity to see where my Testosterone levels are at and how this helped regulate them, I cannot speak to the effectiveness of this portion, only the sleep and recovery portion.

So you can find this on Black Lion Researches website for $45 for a 30 day supply coming out to $1.50 a day or $.50 a pill. I am kind of indifferent about this price, mainly because this is the first time I have tried a Ldopa product and do not know enough about other competitors. I can tell you that for $1.50 a day, the recovery I experienced was worth that price.

Side Effects

Dreams might get too real for some.

Conclusion

Overall, I was very happy with this. Again this was the first time I have used a product that was centered around Ldopa and I was pleased with what I got. If I could change anything with this, I would reformulate the dose to where maybe instead of taking it throughout the day, you take 1 stronger serving at night since that is where I saw the most benefit. Again, I am not in charge of the company or the product research so I can only base it off of what I know. At the end of the day, I think most consumers will be pleased with the recovery that this product gives them. Great job Black Lion Research.

Overall
    Thanks to Mind Muscle Nutrition for sending it out!
      July 1, 2018

Pros:
     Cons:
    • Increased Focus
    • Large Dose
    • Great Ingredients
    • Well Dosed
    • Improved Endurance
    • Maintains Muscle
    • Tastes Great
    • Hydration
    • Increased Pump
    • Transparent Label
    • Increased Recovery
    • Very Few Fillers
    • Very Tart Flavor May Not Be Good To Some

Hydra focus is a great all in one intra-workout product that provides a solid dose of BCAA's, focus ingredients and even some well-received extras giving it a strong foothold in the intra-workout category.

Big thanks to Mind Muscle for sending hydra focus my way. It was an enjoyable run with this intra-workout slugger. Keeping your body primed during your most grueling workouts is key to pushing your limits and being able to turn around and go in the next day and do it all over again. Seldom do we see a product that has BCAA's and focus ingredients in it, and even more rare is one that delivers a high dose of citrulline. Hydra focus does all of this and pairs it with a deliciously sour orange flavor.

So as many others before me have shown, this product comes with a fully transparent label giving you:

BCAA (2:1:1) - 7g
    DL-Methionine - 500mg
    Dl-Phenylalanine - 500mg

Potassium - 170mg
    Vitamin B6 - 240mg

As you can see, this product is stacked. I knew that I was going to be well taken care of after I saw that the serving size was 25g showing that you are going to get high doses of ingredients with this. The inclusion of L-Citrulline DL-Malate is an added bonus, and the fact that it is dosed at 4g is awesome. Most pre-workouts dose at that level, and now your Intra-workout is too which means you are going to to get a solid pump from this, as well as a high level of buffering muscle fatigue. In addition to that, you have ingredients that will help deliver in the focus category so you can handle your business in the gym, or with whatever you are doing. I can tell you that when I was using this product, it enhanced all of the focus aspects of Mind and Muscles Pre-workout supplement, to the point where I could see sounds and hear colors. The potassium has also been added in for hydration aspects, and as we all know, the better hydrated your muscles are, the better they perform.

So I received the Orange Smarty flavor and boy did it ever smart. It was super sour. For me, it was not unpleasant but some might find it to be too strong of a flavor. The sour level reminded me of any MAN Sports product ever, but I am a fan of flavor so I rather enjoyed this product.

Mixability was great as well, I would put 10oz in my Nalgene bottle, throw 1 scoop in there, then fill the rest of the bottle with water usually around 35oz and shake it up and rock out in the gym with occasional shaking here and there. Foaming and overall mixability was not an issue with this product.

Again, as I previously mentioned I would 1 scoop to about 35oz of water, and even with that ratio, it still had plenty of flavor. I would drink this as I would do my workouts, rather than before or after.

DOMS, what are DOMS? Honestly, it is something that I never saw while using this product. I simply just would not get sore. I would do grueling leg workout after leg workout, and not have an insane amount of muscle soreness afterward. The pumps that I had with this were also noticeable, but I was less concerned about that than I was fighting soreness. If anything I feel that the CM in the product did a fantastic job of preventing muscle fatigue over the course of the workout, even though I pushed harder, the longer the workout went.

To me, this is a sign that the product was working. The fact that my muscles were not dying from soreness and that I felt hydrated and could see more vascularity, shows that the ingredients were dosed well and my body was utilizing them as needed. The focus ingredients really came into play on days where I was tired and honestly did not want to be in the gym, you know....those 4 a.m. days with a full day of work ahead. But this product kept me in the fight, so I am thankful for that.

Since using hydra focus I have been able to push my workouts to a new level, to where my overall body composition is changing for the positive. It's like skydiving, and knowing that you have 4 extra safety parachutes, so you can push the limits without fear knowing that it is going to take care of you. I have been able to recover faster between sets, lift heavier, and push harder on cardio which has all been for the positive.

As others have mentioned, right now you can only find this on Mind Muscles website for $40 which comes out to $1.33 per serving. Some might see this as a steep price, but you have to remember, that this product is far more than just regular BCAA's. This product honestly could be used as a non-stimulant pre-workout given the level of focus ingredients, and CM. I would say that $1.33 per serving is more than fair for a product of this magnitude.

Side Effects

So the only side effect that I ever noticed with this was some slight cotton mouth. While my body and muscles felt hydrated, my mouth would have a dry feeling to it. I am not sure if it was because it was so sour, or what was going on, or for that matter, if it was just me.

Conclusion

Overall, this product is a winner. This is a solid Intra-workout supplement that transcends far beyond a simple BCAA product. You will pay a premium price for this one, but you will also see premium results with reduced soreness and the ability to push beyond your limits without fear of being deathly sore from your efforts. I applaud the folks over at Mind Muscle for putting together such a solid product with a transparent label, showing the industry how it is done!

June 24, 2018

Pros:
     Cons:
    • Quality Ingredients
    • Great Variety
    • Great Flavors
    • Feel Full
    • Affordable
    • Great Macros
    • Non GMO
    • Increased Hydration
    • TRAACS Electrolytes And Minerals
    • Better Recovery
    • Mixes Perfectly
    • Tastes Great
    • Multiple Sizes
    • Slightly Higher End Price Tag

All I have to say is WOW. I think VMI has ruined protein for me for the rest of my life, because if I cannot get my hands on ProtoLyte then everything else is going to feel inferior.

While you should always want to get your protein from whole food sources, sometimes you need to through in a protein powder to either meet your Macro's or just to get enough protein throughout the day. This is where VMI is stealing the spotlight. They have given us a protein powder that not only delivers in giving clean protein, but they are also giving you the added benefit of electrolytes. I really want to thank VMI for letting me experience and run a tub of ProtoLyte.

In true fashion VMI gives us a fully disclosed label for our protein enjoyment:

Calories-105
    Fat<1g
    Carbs 1g
    Protein 24g

Magnesium Bisglycinate Chelate (TRAACS) 500mg
    Calcium Bisglycinate Chelate (TRAACS) 300mg
    Potassium Glycinate Complex (Albion) 183mg
    Chromium Nicotinate Glycinate Chelate (TRAACS) 8mg

With ingredients being Non-GMO Cold Pressed Whey Protein Isolate, peanut flour, cocoa powder, Natural and Artificial Flavors, Xanthan Gum, Sucralose, and Enzyme Blend.

While this is not every single thing listed on the nutrition panel, it highlights the important factors that we focus on in regards to a protein powder.

I really enjoyed this because of the fact that it has a very low amount of carbs in it, while still delivering 24g of protein and 0g of sugar all while only costing you 105 calories out of your daily total. To me, this is the best of all worlds when it comes to an ingredients profile.

Outside of all of that, the fact that they have added in electrolytes is a huge plus. with the more protein that your body intakes, the more your body needs fluid to use it. If you use up all of your fluid, it can lead to dehydration, and if you are continuing to use protein, then you could become a dehydrated mess fast. With the addition of electrolytes, it can help your body maintain that crucial balance.

I requested and received the Chocolate Peanut butter flavor and it was an absolute home run. The best way I can describe this is to take 1 scoop of ON chocolate protein powder and mix it with a serving of PB2FIT and boom you have this flavor, except VMI delivers a much richer flavor profile. Even when mixed with water and yogurt, the flavor was absolutely fantastic.

Mixability was effortless. This protein mixed very well, every single time. As I mentioned, I would mix it in with a serving of greek yogurt and there were no issues there. Some powders will get super clumpy when I do this, but not this one, it mixed in like a champ.

Dosing was 1 scoop 29.6g per 10oz of milk or water.

So when rating the effectiveness, it is usually difficult with a protein powder, but this one made it easy. I would consume this as a post cardio shake since it was light on carbs and had electrolytes in it, and I found it to be a superb product for this. When I say post cardio, I am referring to unit PT where running 3 miles is a short workout, so you can see that hydration can become a factor in this area. With sweat going out, your electrolytes are going out as well, and then if you consumer protein on top of that, dehydration can creep in, but by drinking this, it helped keep me full, feel recovered, and most importantly not feel superly dehydrated from a run and consuming calories.

On other days where cardio wasn't such a big deal, I would come home and mix it with some greek yogurt as a cool, yet satisfying dinner treat. Again, the electrolytes, low carbs, and protein content made this a solid meal that I looked forward to having. It was so good, it really felt like a cheat meal, rather than just getting calories and protein in for the day.

Outside of all of this, it did help me feel better recovered from whatever I was doing, which tells me that it was an effective product and that the protein that was provided was properly used by my body for muscle repair.

So, if there was ever a weak link for this product, it would be the price. Don't get me wrong, it is nothing astronomical as we have seen with some proteins on here, but still, the cheapest I could find this was $38 for 25 servings on campusprotein.com This comes out to be $1.52 a serving. Since running this product VMI has since created a 70 serving tub but right now I can only find it on their site for $80 which will drop the price to $1.14 per serving. I would pay that for the bigger tub, and honestly, I would pay the price for the smaller tub but then again that is just me.

Side Effects

Conclusion

This is a great tasting, great digesting, low sugar, fat, and carb protein powder that delivers clean WPI and electrolytes. What more could you ask for? VMI did a great job with this, and to me, they have personally raised the standard on what a Whey protein should be. They practically have a flavor for all tastes out there, so there is something for everyone. Me personally, I think I have found my ON Gold Standard Whey replacement, and do not see myself going back anytime soon. As I have previously said VMI has ruined the protein game for me, because nothing will ever be the same after trying the best.

Overall
    Overall
    8.9
      June 24, 2018

Pros:
     Cons:
    • Fat Reduction
    • Increased Metabolism
    • Raise Body Heat
    • Makes A Good Sweat
    • Open Label
    • Increased Focus
    • Reduce Water Retention

L-Carnitine heat delivers when it comes to generating a sweat. This fills in all the gaps for me that I was missing with their other Carnitine product. Heat does a great job of delivering the right amount of grains of paradise as well as 3 different types of carnitine.

Back at it again with another winning product from VMI Sports. Big thanks to these guys for participating in the Trooper program and for letting me try L-Carnitine 1500 heat. This will make the third ever liquid carnitine product that I have used, and with one other being VMI's L-Carnitine 3000. I am always looking for something that I can get my hands on that will help burn some fat and increase my energy. Additionally, I love it when a product can help me generate a sweat easier, because from a psychological standpoint if I am sweating I must be working hard, and that encourages me to work even harder.

VMI keeps it simple and to the point with a fully disclosed label:
      L-Carnitine 500mg
      Acetyl L-Carnitine 500mg
      L-Carnitine L-Tartrate 500mg
      Green Tea Leaf Extract 50mg
      Gamma Butyrobetaine ethyl ester Chloride 25mg
      Grains Of Paradise extract 15mg
      BioPerine 2.5mg

All of this is delivered via a 15ml dose that you can take up to twice a day. Personally, I am a fan of GBB because of its ability to enhance the effects of carnitine in the system. I also love grains of paradise due to the internal heat feeling that they can generate plus its ability to boost energy output without having to use stimulants. Both have been proven to be effective fat burners on their own, and even better when brought together in the same product. Again VMI also uses three different kinds of Carnitine in this like they did in their other product, which is fine with me because it allows a multi-angle strategy to burn fat in the body rather than just dosing with one version and hope that it works on every body type.

I requested and received their Patriot Pop heat flavor due to me using the same flavor for the L-Carnitine 3000. Again, just like the other product, the flavor did not disappoint. both times, I could taste a hint of pear, but they both tasted just like the Bombsicles we grew up with, the only real difference was the Heat version had a little spice going down, due to the Grains of Paradise which was to be expected.

Mixability really was not a big deal since this is a liquid product from the get-go. With that being said VMI still says to give it a shake before every serving, which will only ensure that all ingredients are mixed and good to go in case of any settling. One thing I did notice with this was the color of the liquid. The 3000 version, for the most part, was clear, and this one seemed to take on the appearance of rusty water. It's by no means a deal breaker, I just found it interesting that the additional ingredients changed the color.

Dosing was 15ml on an empty stomach first thing in the morning before my workout. I found that my sweet spot was a 17ml dose once a day.

So get ready to feel hot and sweat. This stuff works in the realm of increasing your internal temperature and making you sweat. Normally during my workouts, I can get through my first movement without having to ditch layers of clothing, but while taking this, I could barely make it through the warm-ups without feeling like I was a sweaty mess. Don't get me wrong, I love that feeling and most of the time I would push on with my hoody on just so I would sweat even more. One thing I notice while taking their 3000 version was the increased mental focus that I had, and once again this VMI product delivered as well.

So now here I am a sweaty focused gym rat, and I am loving life. In regards to fat loss, while it was not truly noticeable on the scale, visually I can tell that my water was leaving and the subcutaneous fat was being reduced as well. Overall I was very happy with the effects of this product and this is my number one choice for a product in its category.

You can find this on campusprotein.com for $20 for 31 servings which gives you a cost of $.65 per serving. I don't know about you, but to me for the effects that I got with this, I will gladly pay that price. Additionally, based on the selection on campus protein's site, it looks like VMI is dropping a lot of new flavors for this soon.

Side Effects

So the only real side effects that a user will fight is sweating, but then again that is part of why you are taking this.

Conclusion

Once again, I ask VMI to deliver, and once again they make good on that challenge. These guys are killing it right now, and I do not see them stopping anytime soon. I was very impressed with this product. After using the L-Carnitine3000 I was left feeling a little disappointed because I missed the heat of grains of paradise and the big sweat that it brings on, and literally after I posted that review, they drop the heat version. It's like they read my mind, which really shows that they are in tune with their consumers and are trying to delivery products for every type out there. I highly recommend that you give this liquid carnitine a try because you will not be disappointed.

Thanks to Savage Supplements for sending it out!
        June 17, 2018

• Hard Muscles
      • Felt Stronger
      • Enhanced Vascularity
      • Good AI Effects

Simply awesome testosterone booster. I can honestly say hands down, this was the most effective product that I have tried in this category. It delivered in all of its claims and even managed to do so without giving the user nasty side effects.

Huge thank you to Savage Supplements for letting me run HADES. As we age, our body slows down, including metabolism, and testosterone production, leading us to feel old and sluggish. An effective T product can help keep the aging body going, however, the market is filled with products that promise the world, but leave you empty-handed. This is where a product live Savage Supplements HADES comes into play. They have put together a very potent combination of natural herbal anabolic ingredients to deliver you back to your youth.

This product has a large fully disclosed label which is very refreshing considering the type of product it is, they have nothing to hide and want you to know why this works so well:
        Royalapple did a great job laying out all of the ingredients, but I will go over some of the more important ingredients included in this product.

Ashwagandha - 1500mg - honestly this herb is king. The list of things this ingredient treats is endless, but a few are sexual health, and overall immunity. I know in the past when I have used Ashwagandha, my immune system has been stronger and I have felt better overall. This ingredient can also reduce stress in the body, which a reduction of stress will lead to less excess cortisol.

Tribulus P.E 95% Saponins - 500mg - In the world of natural herbal testosterone boosters, Tribulus has been around forever. The minimum dose that you want is 500mg, as long as the Saponins is a high percentage.

Tongkat Ali (Long Jack) - 80mg - this is a root extract from a shrub often referred as Eurycoma longifolia. It's known to increase testosterone and sex drive. It has also shown promising results when it comes to treating ED

Indole-3-Carbinol - 150mg - Indole-3-Carbinol is the precursor to DIM and converts to DIM once it is processed through the stomach, so it adds to the dose of DIM that you are getting.

5a-Hydroxy Laxogenin - 75mg - This is a naturally occurring plant steroid. There are studies out there claiming that it will increase natural testosterone production in the body, however some of the studies are hit and miss. The one constant factor that it has shown to do is increase protein synthesis.

Androsta-3,5-dien-7,17-dione (Arimistane) - 50mg - this is an aromatase inhibitor. Simply put, it is going to fight off the production of excess estrogen and cortisol. If you increase the amount of testosterone your body makes but do not utilize all of it, then it will be converted to estrogen. This is why guys who come off of a cycle get all puffy and usually get man boobs. Taking an AI will help fight off those nasty effects.

ForsLean (95% Forskolin Extract) - 50mg - This ingredient plays an important role when communicating between muscle and cells. This is also an important player in the reduction of body fat, and lean muscle mass increase.

Methyl-EAA (n-Methyl-DL-Aspartic Acid) - 30mg - So unlike regular DAA, this is the methylated version, which is a stronger more potent version. This is why the dose is much smaller than a regular DAA dose. Because of the methylation, it has a greater chance of surviving the passage through the liver and delivering the testosterone boosting properties that it can generate.

Diindolylmethane (DIM) - 25mg -DIM supplement encourages optimal estrogen metabolite breakdown. And by doing this, DIM prevents the overproduction of bad estrogen metabolites. An overproduction of harmful estrogen metabolites leads to estrogen dominance. Too much of anything is never good. This is especially true of hormones. For example, estrogen dominance can lead to tumors in the uterus and endometriosis. In addition to encouraging the production of good estrogen, there are other DIM supplement benefits. Diindolylmethane compounds contain potent antioxidant activity. This antioxidant activity may help prevent chronic disease.

Boron Citrate - 5mg - This mineral can be found in green veggies, studies have shown that a dose of 10mg a day for 7 days can increase testosterone production and reduce estrogen, this is why it is important to eat green veggies such as broccoli and kale.

Bioperine (Piper Nigrum Fruit Extract) - 5mg - This is a rapidly growing popular ingredient that is added to help increase absorption in the body.

As you can see, this is full of natural ingredients designed to deliver a huge boost in anabolic production as well as fighting off nasty estrogen side effects.

The taste and mixability are non-factors due to this being a capsule.

Dosing is 4 pills which I would take first thing in the morning on an empty stomach before my workout.

All I can say is WOW!

Never have I ever taken a natural product that delivered to this level. To put it in perspective, 2 years ago, I ran an 8-week cycle of Blackstone Labs Chosen1 followed by PCT V. HADES delivered in 4 weeks what that gave me in 9 weeks. My strength went through the roof, as well as overall body composition improved as well. I had a very inconsistent gym schedule during this cycle, to where I was not always able to workout and do what I wanted in the gym, or did not have the ability to work on my Olympic lifts, however while taking this I could walk into the gym and it looked like I had not missed a day. This allowed me to tap into that "Old Man strength" where I could reach down and always find the strength to lift more.

As an example, I had taken several weeks off from back squats, and I finally got the chance to do them again and was able to go in and lift the same weight I had previously done before, literally creating an environment where there was no drop off in strength. Coupled with this was a huge increase in vascularity. I can tell when I really start to lean out because the veins in my forearms, biceps will start to pop out, but this also got me increase vascularity in my shoulders. When I start to get shoulder veins going, I know I am getting lean.

The other aspect of this was libido. I really did feel like I was in High School again, where I was in basic survival instinct mode where all I wanted to do was breed. There was a huge boost in sexual drive, that honestly felt like nothing could satisfy it.

finally, the last benefit was this did a great job mitigating all of the negative side effects that you would see with a PH product. I had 0 increase in acne anywhere, and there were 0 issues with sexual health and ED functions. Some PH products can wreak havoc on you in this area, especially if it has DECA in it, however, this was not the case. The ingredients allowed my body to maximize the potential they could create without causing negative side effects.

I will say this about the product, there were all of these benefits, however, it was not immediate. It took a solid week for me to notice anything to the point where I thought this product was going to be a bust. With that, like all products I test, I gave it the respect that it deserves and gave it a chance. I was so glad that I did because it was simply amazing. I have already ordered 2 more bottles of this, and they will be here on Monday if that tells you how excited I am about this product.

Right now the only place I can find this at is the companies website itself svgsupplements.com and it retails for $60 for 30 servings which is $2 a serving. Normally for a natural anabolic supplement, I would say that this is a pretty high price due to most PH supplements being in this price range, however, given the sheer amount of ingredients in this, and the way they are dosed coupled with the results that I got, this price is easily worth paying. Additionally, if you keep your eyes peeled they will have BOGO sales and you can get 2 bottles for the price of 1.

Side Effects

Surprisingly, there were no side effects. The only real thing I can report is a dropoff on strength and endurance once I was done taking this product.

Conclusion

Flat out, HADES works. It has been a long time since I have been this surprised by a product. This reminds me of supplements that you used to be able to get back in the 90's you know the kind that actually works, then before you know it, its taken off the market because it worked too well. I would highly recommend this product. Forget other "natural" T boosters and do yourself a favor and get a bottle of this, or get 2. You will not be disappointed. I predict we will see big things from this company in the future. I am already looking forward to hopefully being able to try their pump product because just like this one, it looks insane and effective. Keep up the good work Savage!

Overall
        Overall
        8.9
          June 10, 2018

• Improved Vascularity
        • Increased Libido
        • Overall Feel Better
        • Dry Joints

One of the most solid estrogen and cortisol blockers that I have used. VMI continues to create hit after hit.

Big thanks to VMI for letting me run Arima-XD for them. I am a creature of habit who tends to create excess cortisol given my high-stress lifestyle. Because of this, I tend to carry more weight around my gut than I really want to. I also really like to use products that raise my testosterone levels, but with that comes the potential for excess estrogen, which again, can leave you looking soft. Well in comes VMI's Arima-XD. 2 pills a day will keep all of this bad stuff away.

For the most part, you get a fully disclosed label from VMI with this product:

Vitamin E 30IU

Estrogen Destroyer Matrix
        Calcium D-Glucarate 350mg
        Diindolylmethane (DIM) 150mg
        Indole-3-Carbinol 150mg

Aromatase Enzyme Inhibitor 165mg
        5,7 Dihydroxyflavone (as Chrysin)
        Panax Notoginseng & Astragalus (as Astragin)

as you have seen in other reviews these are very potent ingredients when it comes to fighting off excess cortisol and estrogen.

Having Astragin in this is an added bonus given that it will help the body better digest and absorb the ingredients that are being provided to you in this product.

Chrysin is a natural aromatase inhibitor and will help the body rid itself of the nasty effects of excess estrogen and cortisol by drying up the excess fluid retention that is created by the two.

Taste and mixability are a non-factor since these are capsules.

Dosing was 2 capsules in the morning when I first woke up before I ate breakfast. That's it really, it's that simple.

Wow! This product was worth its weight in gold. So far I have tried VMI's Arimidrol and A-XR PCT, and by far this has been my favorite of the 3. Throughout the entire 4 weeks I have had and maintained a drier, leaner appearance, and have solid definition in my stomach and throughout my shoulders and upper chest area. I know the anti-cortisol and estrogen ingredients were working, because like a fool, I stopped taking fish oil for a week while on this and boy did my joints ever hurt. This product does not fool around and gets to work quickly on destroying excess fluid in the body helping you get a lean dry appearance. Added to this was an increase in vascularity and tightness of skin (a positive thing) which helped build overall self-confidence with my appearance. The final beneficial aspect was the uptick in libido. While I was using an effective testosterone booster while taking this, I will say this added to the libido enhancement. It really was like being in High School again being powered by raging sex hormones. This makes me tend to believe that if you were coming off of a PH cycle, then this would be a very effective PCT to use. I was super happy with the results that I got just from 4 weeks of this. I can only imagine how great things would be if you did run this for 8 weeks like VMI suggest that you can.

So you can find this on supplementgeeks.com for $23 for 30 servings which is $.76 a serving. Given the results that this product generates this is a hell of a steal. Not only is it effective, it's also effective in not making you poor.

Side Effects

Don't be stupid like me, keep taking your fish oil so you do not get dry joints.

Conclusion

Again, I cannot begin to tell you how happy I was with this. I will be buying this again and again. I even believe that this can actually give you better results in body composition than most non-stimulant fat burners. If you are coming off of a cycle, or even just using a testosterone booster, get this product in your life. At the price, you pay mixed with the effectiveness of the product you cannot go wrong here. Great job VMI!

Overall
        Overall
        4.9
        4.7
        Thanks to NutraBio for sending it out!
          June 10, 2018

Pros:
         Cons:
        • Natural
        • Cold Sweats
        • Stomach Issues
        • Lack Of Pump
        • Not Enough Servings

NutraBio Missed the mark in a big way with this. Going all natural does not automatically mean better. Remeber, eating dirt from the ground can also be considered all natural.

Thanks to NutraBio for letting me try V5 Natural. Finding a Pre-Workout supplement is not hard, the market is flooded with them. Finding one that works for you, and discloses what is in it is a whole other story. NutraBio has always taken pride in the products that they create, with fully disclosed labels and doses. This is a great marketing tool because it shows that they have nothing to hide. With that being said they are taking a shot at creating an all natural product that uses as little artificial ingredients as possible so let's see what happens.

This product has a fully disclosed label and outside of the regular vitamins that you find in most products here is what is included to create the pre-workout:

6000mg of L-Citrulline
        100mcg of Huperzine A
        2500mg of Betaine Anhydrous
        1000mg of Agmatine Sulfate
        750mg Nitrosigine
        2710mg Electrolyte and Hydration Optimizer including taurine, calcium phosphate and sodium

These featured ingredients are some of the most well-known ingredients on the market and are dosed at the clinical levels so you are getting the most out of every dose that you take. These ingredients cover everything to increased blood flow and anti-muscle fatigue, to increasing strength, and creating a strong pump effect. The caffeine sources that they use are supposed to be the most natural source of caffeine rather than artificial or lab created caffeine. Additionally, the sweeteners used are also as natural as possible since they are using raw cane sugar and stevia leaf extract. The green apple flavor that I had also included spirulina powder as well. As you can see, they are trying to deliver a well-dosed product to the end user while keeping it as clean as possible.

Ok, so here we go with the real story. The taste. I received the green apple flavor, and boy was it the greatest let-down ever. When you open the tub you can get a hint of green apple flavor and it gives you an initial impression that this might be ok. When you mix it with water the smell goes to a sour green apple candy-like smell and you start to feel really excited about the flavor. Then you taste it and you are left with the thought of WTF did I just drink?!?! The only other thing I have tasted that is even close to how awful this was, was raw natural Matcha tea that I made myself. This had the appearance and taste of bad pond water. There was only a slightly watered down hit of green apple when you tasted this. I even played around with the different amounts of water that I used, and regardless I was always left with the same impression. I have choked down a lot of terrible tasting Pre's in my day especially in the beginning days of these products being made, but this was by far the worst tasting one I have ever used.

Mixability was still decent given how large of a scoop this was. I will give credit to NutraBio for making a product that is easy to mix. I would throw it in a shaker with a blender ball and it would work like magic.

The dosing was 1 scoop to anywhere from 8-15oz of water, again this was due to me trying to find a way to make this taste drinkable.

Effectiveness was just as bad as the flavor. What I mean by this, was given the prolifically dosed ingredients I expected to see the awesome energy and amazing pumps. What I saw was mediocre pumps, ok energy, and cold sweats. This was always followed up by excessive toilet time where everything was previously in my body became liquid and painful, if you catch the drift. I like to be able to lift heavy and still be able to do intense cardio when I use pre-workout products and I was nowhere near being able to do either with this. At first, I thought it might have been the caffeine, but then I started thinking about it, and I have taken products with a much higher stimulant dose than this, without these side effects, so I was not sure what was going on. What I am sure of, is it never failed that every time I used this product, these were the results that I would get. Some workouts these nasty side effects happened while I was working out rather than later in the day. To be completely honest, if I was not obligated to give this product a fair trial and use, I probably would have thrown it out. The thing that I can take away from this is, at least I know what ingredients I was using and what they are supposed to do, so I can see what I should have been benefiting from and what I wasn't. It's a double-edged sword for a company, because if the consumer knows what they are getting and knows what to expect and does not get that, then it's easier to say that the ingredients failed.

So value is $40 for one tub that gives you 20 servings which is $2.00 a serving. I understand that they are trying to make a product that is as clean as possible, but this seems a bit steep to me. I could understand if this had 25-28 servings for that price, but not 20. That will not even get you 3 straight weeks of working out, and if you think about it on a grand scale that is $120 for 8 weeks of use.

Side Effects

Lack of pumps and effective energy, cold sweats, and a terrible case of digestive issues (do not participate in taco Tuesday and deadlift).

Conclusion

I can tell NutraBio tried with this, I really can but they missed the mark. Everything from the flavoring to the effectiveness was a miss. As I said before, going as natural as possible isn't always the best thing out there. The best place to get minerals we need is from the Earth itself, but that doesn't mean I am going to go outside and eat a handful of dirt for the sake of being natural. I would highly suggest that NutraBio goes back to the drawing board with this, and figure out how to make the flavoring better, and deliver a more effective product. Until then, users need to stay clear of this one, or just use the regular V5.

June 3, 2018

Pros:
         Cons:
        • Improved Hydration
        • Improved Recovery
        • Fully Disclosed
        • Reduced Fatigue
        • Endurance
        • Taste
        • Magnesium Glycinate Glutamine Chelate

BCAA's, hydration, and reduction of DOMS. What more could you ask for from an Amino product? VMI delivers big with this one.

I love BCAA's. They are really the one thing that keeps me alive with my workouts on top of a full days work. There is no way I could keep doing what I do if I was suffering from extreme muscle soreness or dehydration. Thanks to VMI for letting me try Aminogex Ultra, which came in handy more often than not over the past month of use. This product really kept me going when I needed it most, and as you read on you will understand why.

So for starters, this is a clean transparent label provided by VMI:

Ingredient Amount

Potassium Glycinate (TRAACS by Albion) 50mg
          Magnesium Glycinate (TRAACS by Albion) 50mg
          Calcium Glycinate (TRAACS by Albion) 50mg
          Sodium Chloride 50mg

So some interesting facts about these ingredients besides possibly looking pedestrian are what they chose to include and why.

The first one I want to highlight is the B12 in the form of methylcobalamin. Methylcobalamin is essential for the body to recycle homocysteine and to form the internal methyl donors involved in cardiovascular function, sleep, blood cell formation, and nerve function.* Most vitamin B12 supplements contain cyanocobalamin; however, the liver must first "detoxify" the cyanide molecule in cyanocobalamin and then attach a methyl group to form methylcobalamin.

While this is a simple ingredient and is in most products we use, the fact that they go the extra mile and use this form is just another shining moment for this product.

this product also includes electrolytes for hydration in the form of TRAACS by Albion. This consist of Potassium, Magnesium, Calcium, and Sodium. These are essential to the body for normal function. After watching my wife be hospitalized for electrolytes imbalance, it just hammered home on how important proper electrolyte maintenance really is. Most of us go hard in the gym whether that means, cross-fit, bro lifting, powerlifting or cardio, and we destroy our electrolyte levels, and this will help prevent that.

I requested the Orange Ice Pop flavor and was it ever spot on. Some of the criticism that I have seen with this product is people have said that the flavor is not strong enough or bland. I will agree, that the flavor is not overwhelming, however, an orange popsicle isn't the strongest flavor. With that being said, the flavor is very clean and refreshing, as opposed to sour and giving you a sense of dry mouth. For me, that is a win especially if you are really killing it.

The mixability was fantastic, it had very little foaming and mixed with ease. Yes over the course of consumption you will have to give it a shake every now and then, but that is standard with almost every BCCA product.

Dosing for me was 1 scoop (11.2g) to 32oz of water in my Nalgene bottle. I would consume this during my workout rather than before or after.

So in the realm of effectiveness, this was a real winner. Over the past 2 months, I have not had the appropriate time needed to really work on my cardio in preparation for my military PT test due to some personal issues. So what that means was me walking onto a track being ill-prepared and trying to run a sub 11min 1.5 mile run. This is where the hydration factor and clean taste came in handy from this product. Not only did I not get cotton mouth while running, I felt very hydrated during the entire effort, which ultimately allowed me to push myself and reach my goal without preparing. As a 33-year-old, this is not easy as opposed to when I was in my 20's. Outside of this, I noticed that while was suffering during leg day by lunging 400m at a time, my legs were not as bad off as they used to be. Normally I would be in a wheelchair from doing something like that, but again the hydration factor, plus the amino's kept me from feeling like death.

Because this was so effective, I was also able to push harder and longer during workouts, and come back for more the next day. I have tried many BCAA products out there, and most do not deliver on the level that this did. While this product does not have ingredients like CM in it, and it is not geared to make you swole, that fact that it will allow you to push for longer, and maintain a higher level of effort, it will lead to a reduction of body fat and an increase of muscle and strength.

You can find this for $24 on allstarhealth.com which is 30 servings for $24 which comes to $.80 a serving. Given that this offers electrolytes and is much more than your run of the mil BCAA product, I find this to be a fantastic value.

Side Effects

None to report

Conclusion

VMI does it again with this one. Is it the strongest flavored product on the market? No, but that is fine because of the clean taste. This delivers time and time again, and for the price that you can get this at, it is almost a steal. I highly encourage you to try this as an intro to BCAA's because you will see what a product should deliver for you. It will set a high standard for all other products that you try later on, and I am confident that you will find yourself coming back to this product, time and time again.