Reaper61

SR TROOPer

• Member has been active for 1 year, and was last online this week

TROPHY CASE

Reviews by Reaper61

Thanks to Iconic Formulations for sending it out!
  December 16, 2018

• Improves Recovery
  • Leanness
  • Random Pump Dose

Simply put this product delivers.

Big thanks to Iconic Formulations for letting me run Iconogenin. I have used Laxogenin products before in the past and to be honest, I never got the great results that everyone always talks about. So much I had always chalked the ingredient up as a waste, or modern snake oil. It was not until I did some more research that I learned that it does not work as an oral supplement. Because of this Iconic formulations has made this a topical gel, so let's see if this makes it better.

So th...

Simply put this product delivers.

So the ingredient profile is a bit confusing simply because it looks like this:

Water, Ethyl Alcohol, Dimethyl Isosorbide, Ethoxydiglycol, 5a Hydroxy Laxogenin, Propylene Glycol Monolaurate, Triethanolamine, Carbomer, Tetrahydropiperine.

Yep, a big glob of mumbo jumbo. What you need to focus on is the 5a Hydroxy Laxogenin because that is the main factor in this product.

So what is laxogenin? It's a naturally occurring steroidal sapogenin taken from Smilax Sieboldii, a plant related to asparagus, and is similar in structure to ecdysterone, another widely supplemented plant-derived anabolic compound.

Laxogenin belongs to a family of plant-based steroids collectively known as brassinosteroids, which are present in varying quantities in the seeds, leaves, and pollen of a number of plants and foods. Interestingly enough, it's also found in high amounts in mustard oil.

What does laxogenin do?

Increased protein synthesis and lean mass
Decreased stress
Reduces LDL "bad" cholesterol
Improves thyroid function
Limits protein breakdown
Combats inflammation

so in other words.....a lot

There are not any issues with taste or mixability because this is a topical gel for the body.

dosing is based on the user's body weight and the bottle shows a diagram of where to apply the gel. Usually, you want to apply it to the neck chest, core, arms area or basically where the majority of lymph nodes are in your upper body. I always would use this at night after I took a shower, that way my body could absorb as much as possible before I was doing a sweaty workout in the morning.

I would say this product was pretty effective for what it says it can do. In the past, with this ingredient, I expected to see large strength gains and other benefits as if it was a testosterone booster like Hades. With this gel I had a different outlook, I focused more on leanness in the area applied and recovery. By being on the lookout for those two benefits, this product really shined. After about a week of use, I noticed that recover with my shoulders and chest was almost instant. I also noticed that I gained some size and leanness in these areas as well. My shoulder caps were more predominant and I noticed more veins showing through these areas as well. For me, this was a sign that the product was doing what it was intended to do. The muscle was repairing and recovering at a faster rate increasing my strength, and it was also aiding in leaning out those areas.

You can find this on amazon.com for $44.95 and depending on your body weight it will dictate how many pumps you get. I was using 3-4 pumps and it lasted well over a month, so to me, this product is worth the price.

Side Effects

Conclusion

This was an interesting run on an ingredient that I deemed a lost cause. Because Iconic Formulations put this into a topical cream, I 100% believe that this is the only way to go now with this ingredient. Next year when I am looking to lean out and really put my body to the test, I will be getting this product again an seeing if it still lives up to the hype.

December 16, 2018

Pros:
 Cons:
  • Great Appetite Suppressant
  • Amplifies Bodyheat
  • Great Mood Enhancement
  • Clean Energy
  • Superior Diet Support
  • Excellent Appetite Suppression
  • Solid Focus
  • Slight Euphoric Feeling
  • Made Me Sweat Through My Clothes While Sitting Still
  • Wont Get 30 Days From Product If More Than 2 Capsday Is Needed
  • Cost At 3 Caps Per Day
  • Cost At Maximum Dosage

This is a fully disclosed effective fat burner.

Big thanks to Myokem for letting me try Thyrovate. In my continuing stride to lean out over the year, I am trying new products to find a way to make this process easier, and I find that using a fat burner every now and again can help my body kick it into another gear. Let us see how Pyroxamine stacks up with other products out there.

Others have spelled out what each and every ingredient does, so there is no sense in re-inventing the wheel here.

As you can see Myokem has...

This is a fully disclosed effective fat burner.

As you can see Myokem has given us a fully disclosed label and once again has included some exotic ingredients:
1 Capsule
Caralluma fimbriata (125mg)
Olive Leaf {std. 20% Oleuropein} (100mg)
Caffeine Anhydrous (100mg)
L-Theanine (50mg)
Cognizin Citicoline (50mg)
TeaCrine Theacrine (50mg)
Bacopa monnieri extract 5:1 (50mg)
Grains of Paradise {std. 12.5% paradol} (40mg)
Evodia rutaecarpe {std. 95% Evodiamine} (25mg)
Theobromine (25mg)
Sacred Lotus (25mg)
Barley{std. to Hordenine} (25mg)
Huperzine-A 1% (5mg)
Bioperine (5mg)

Since this is based on one capsule I feel that they have given you the flexibility to apply the dose to how you want. For example, I would take one pill with my pre-workout and dose the rest normally throughout the day.

Taste and mixability are not an issue because this was a pill.

As I have previously mentioned I took one capsule in the morning with my pre-workout and then I would take 2 during lunch simply because I do not want to take anything stimulant related in the afternoon due to it possibly affecting my sleep.

I found this product to very effective. First off, I was constantly sweating which shows that the thermogenic effects with this were real, instead of just manifested by the idea of a thermogenic. The second thing that I noticed was a severe hit to my appetite. When taking this, I found myself forcing myself to eat my food because I was simply not hungry. I did not have the nausea side effects from this that Darkman had, but again, I would find myself telling myself that it is time to eat. this combined with the thermo effect creates a potent weight loss combination. Over the course of this bottle, I lost 5lbs which may not seem like a lot of weight, but it's actually pretty good because it was weight loss and kept off until the run was over. Once I stopped using this product I noticed the definition that was seeing while using this faded away, and the weight came back. Keep in mind, nothing changed with diet and workout, so that tells me that the product was making a difference.

This where the product takes a hit. Myokem with almost every product seems to travel on the higher end of the price scale and this is no different. If you dose this at the max dose you will only get 20 days worth for $50 which puts you at $2.50 a day. This adds up folks, and even if you only use 2 pills a day you are looking at $2.00 a serving which is still very pricey.

Side Effects

Conclusion

Overall this is a real homerun of a weight loss pill. While the price is high, this is definitely one of those you get what you pay for in terms of results. If I could do it again, I would run this product again and see where it takes me in my weight loss journey.

Thanks to VMI Sports for sending it out!
  November 11, 2018

• Natural Protein
  • Good Digestion
  • Little High In Cost
  • Scooper Wrong Size

Once again VMI Sports has delivered on a fantastic natural Whey Protein Isolate without adding any unnecessary fillers that simply are not needed in protein shakes. The quality of the product and the taste achieved will leave users constantly wanting to buy more.

Big thanks to VMI Sports for sending me ProtoLyte Naturals to me. Protein powders are everywhere in today's world and they all claim to be the best thing out there, even though most of them are full of junk and things that are not needed in the product. A few years ago was the giant amino spiking scandal which I am positive is still going on, and then some companies are using cheap ingredients that leave the user feeling bloated and nasty. With that being said, there is an up and coming trend of natural protein powders. Powders that take away all of the fillers and sweeteners so that it is a bare bones protein experience. This is what VMI has given us. They have already delivered with a fantastic product in their regular ProtoLyte protein powder, but now they give us ProtoLyte naturals. Let's take a look at how it faired.

right off the bat, you have a fully transparent label with VMI:
Calories from Fat 0
Total Fat 0
Cholesterol 1mg
Sodium 40mg
Potassium 166mg
Total Carbohydrates <1g
Protein 21- 23g from Isolate depending on flavor

Besides the protein you get in this, you also get a healthy dose of EAA's/BCAA's
10.5g Total EAAs
5.3g BCAAs
4g Glutamine
991mg Electrolytes & Minerals from TRAACS - hydration

Your protein source is coming from Non-GMO Cold Processed Whey Protein Isolate, and depending on what flavor you go with you will either have Cocoa powder or not. Both include digestive enzymes which I feel is important because sometimes proteins can be hard to digest and leave you with gas and bloat. They have also included the electrolytes and minerals in this that are in the regular ProtoLyte which I thought was an amazing idea. As you know it takes natural fluid from your body to utilize protein and if you are already hot or low on electrolytes, more protein will cause more havoc on those levels. By adding the electrolytes they are helping to fight this issue.

I asked and received the chocolate fudge cookie flavor and it was dynamite. It was a very rich almost dark chocolate fudge/ice cream flavor that I really enjoyed. Obviously, it was delicious with one scoop but even better with 2 scoops.

Mixability I notice was hit or miss with some users because they said that it foamed up a lot. While I did notice some foam, for me it was not a large issue, rather the one that I noticed time and time again, was how thick the shake got. We are talking McDonald's triple-thick milkshake thick, which in some cases good because you really feel full afterward but it leaves a lot behind in the shaker cup.

Dosing wise I would use 1-2 scoops for a post workout shake, or I would throw a scoop in with a serving of yogurt for a late night snack. Either way, you cannot go wrong with a protein that has this clean of a profile.

Here is the hardest part of a protein review, the effectiveness section. Rather than trying to quantify how much my muscles grew or strength gained with this, I will focus on how it delivered as what it is....a form of caloric food.

With this, outside of the fact that I always looked forward to drinking it, it was very effective in delivering a strong source of clean protein that kept me full until I could eat lunch. Not only that, it never left me feeling bloated or gave me other nasty side effects that can come with using natural sweeteners. The fact that it had 0 sugars and only 1g of carbs also made this ideal for me because I frequently cycle my carbs and deplete them totally. This allowed me to still get a solid dose of protein without having to ingest a bunch of junk or excess carbs in doing so.

So far everything in this review has been great, so what is the one problem that I had with this? Well since I have not really seen it be talked about yet maybe it was just my tub, but my issue is with the scooper. Yes, I was double scooping out of a small tub, but I noticed that this tub was diminishing rather quickly. I took it upon myself to weigh out 1 level scoop from the scooper provided and found that it was 37.2 grams. Not a big deal, but it is when the serving size is 27.6g. Now I completely understand that the scoopers are not exact and that there are some variations with this, for example ON Gold standard serving is 32g but the scooper only holds 30g. However, for the scooper to be almost a full 10g extra, that will add up fast especially with a small tub of powder.

Again, I am not sure if others had this issue, but it was one that I noticed and I hope VMI can take a look at this because I do not want this to be the big issue with a great product.

As others have mentioned you can find this on amazon.com for $39.99 w/ free shipping for 25 servings which comes out to $1.60 a serving. While this is at the higher end of protein powders, when you compare the ingredients you are getting with the other "Natural" powders out there, you will find that this is actually pretty competitive.

Side Effects

Conclusion

I loved this stuff. I love the original ProtoLyte and I am glad to see that nothing was lost on the natural version. While there are only 2 flavors right now, fingers crossed we could see a strawberry version soon. Again, I just need them to fix the scooper to being close to the correct serving size for this to be the perfect natural powder for me.

October 21, 2018

Pros:
 Cons:
  • Drop Water Weight
  • Smooth Energy
  • Fully Disclosed Label
  • No Jitters
  • Expensive If You Use Two Doses Per Day

Alpha shredder is a well thought out weight loss supplement that is dosed in such a manner to create flexibility with the end user. It can be dosed up to 3 pills 2x a day, or you can take one dose in a manner you see choosing such as 1 pill with a pre-workout in the morning to get things going then the rest of the dose afterward. This level of flexibility makes this a good asset to have.

Big thanks to Alpha Lion for letting me run Alpha Shredder, and I am happy to see them participating in the Trooper program. Fat burners are everywhere these days and they all promise a Greek God type body and unrealistic results. In all reality, they are just giant caffeine bombs because feeling stimulated equals a mental feeling of fat/weight loss. Alpha Shredder has taken a different approach and is relying more on proven ingredients to deliver its results rather than stimulants alone.

Once again Alpha Lion shows they have nothing to hide by giving us yet another product that is fully disclosed:

1 Serving is 3 pills

X-Factor Matrix:
Dandelion Root - 200mg
Matcha Green Tea - 200mg
MCT Oil - 200mg

These ingredients have all been shown to help aid in weight loss and water loss as well. As I mentioned earlier, because this serving is broken down into 3 pills it allows for some flexibility by the user which I will be covering in the next section. The inclusion of dandelion root is nice because it also shows that it is targeting excess fluid retention that your body is holding onto.

Taste and mixability are a non-factor since these are pills. There is also not an unfavorable taste or odor with the pills either.

dosing is either 1 or 2 servings a day depending on how you want to use this product or what your tolerance is. For me, I found that I really like taking 1 pill in the morning on an empty stomach with my pre-workout to help get a solid thermogenic effect going, then I would take 2 more pills at lunch creating 1 dose. On days where I just did cardio, I would take all 3 on an empty stomach for energy, and take another serving at lunch equalling 6 pills in a day. I found this flexibility to be nice because some weight loss pills are so full of stimulants that if you combined it with your pre-workout, you would probably explode your heart.

The overall effectiveness of this product was decent but not the best. Did I lose weight while taking it? Yes, I did. Was it the recomposition and restructuring I was looking for? Not quite. This product delivered for me in regards to losing water weight and keeping it off. The dandelion root really came through in this effect of purging excess water from my body and leaning me out in that aspect. This was accomplished through constant strong sweating. Like no amount of antiperspirant deodorant could prevent large pit stains sweating. When I workout, I really don't care if I am a sweaty mess, but later on during the day, it can get kind of annoying, but that is the price you pay when using a product like this. My overall weight loss during the course of this run was 3 sustained pounds lost. While it was not a lot, I will also admit that I am not really focused on eating as clean as possible either.

One area that I feel did not come through for me, was the appetite suppressant. For me, it just didn't happen and was non-existent. I would take a serving of this product and within an hour when I know it has had time to be effective, I would find myself just a ravenous hungry mess. It feels like this almost had a reverse effect on me. However, based on the ingredients label since it is fully disclosed, there is nothing in this that could cause an increase in appetite. So I am not sure if my body was just like hey, I feel like eating everything in sight, or what was going on but this area was a miss for me. Overall, this was still a good product. I never felt super wired like I was stimmed out of my mind, but I could feel some internal warmth knowing that the thermogenic effect was taking place.

As I mentioned earlier, I would take 1 pill with my PWO and it really helped overall because it got my body temperature up, and got me warm and sweating which allowed my muscles to warm up and start firing earlier than normal. It also helped add a little extra energy on those really early days where the workouts sucked because I didn't feel like being there.

Now for the hard part. As of right now, this product cannot be found at just your ordinary store. You need to go to the alpha lion website and order it through them which is sold for $37 for 30 servings aka 90 pills. This comes out to be $1.23 per serving and $2.46 a day if you do the max dose which would leave you with 15 servings. This can turn into a very steep price depending on how you use it.

Side Effects

Conclusion

I would say this is one of the better put together weight loss supplements. The ingredients are done right and are actually relying on real ingredients to deliver results, rather than cheap parlor tricks like heavy stimulants to create the illusion of weight loss. While I suffered from a lack of appetite suppression, it does not mean that it will be that way for every user. These products are very user dependent and results will change for every person. I would like to see what happens when someone runs this for 2 cycles to see what the long-term losses are and if they are sustained. I would recommend this to someone to try, simply because of the clean label and well thought out ingredients coupled with the proven results that it can generate. Yes, it does come with a price to the wallet, but you are also getting what you paid for.

October 14, 2018

Pros:
 Cons:
  • Deep Sleep
  • Feeling Refreshed
  • Increase Recovery
  • Reductions Of DOMS
  • Feel Hydrated
  • Transparent Label
  • Good Ingredients

Alpha dreams is a premium sleep and recovery product, that comes with a high price tag, but delivers in all aspects of recovery.

Big thank you to Alpha Lion for sending me Alpha Dreams. You can lift all the weight, eat as healthy as possible, but if you are not getting good sleep it will not matter. Alpha Lion brings to the market Alpha Dreams which is designed to help the user get some sleep, recover better, and even get a dose of amino acids and electrolytes. Getting deep sleep can help the body recovery by repairing muscle tissue and regulating hormones. These 2 functions are key to keeping your level of performance high day after day.

Alpha dreams delivers with a fully disclosed label:

Amino Growth Matrix

Potassium (40mg)

Tranquility Matrix
Chamomile Flower (75mg)
Melatonin (4mg)

This profile is full of ingredients designed to deliver in the world of recovery. You have everything from a dose of BCAA's to electrolytes, to anti-stress ingredients to help calm you as you try to sleep. I would like to see a higher dose of ashwagandha, but it nice to see that it just included with this product. Second, you get a good dose of Leucine with 2.5g.

The brain gains section is nice because they include ingredients like 5-HTP and GABA which these can help fight inflammation and anxiety.

Overall this is a very impressive profile.

I received the tropical terminator flavor, and as many before me have stated....this flavor is rough to handle. The best way I can describe this is, a smell of Hawaiian Punch with a taste similar, but that punch was mixed with dirt and has an aftertaste of coconut. It might be hard to understand but what it boils down to is, you put this with water and you try and drink it as fast as possible. This is not a beverage that you enjoyingly sip.

Mixability takes some work because if you shake this aggressively you are going to get a lot of foam with this. The best thing you can do with this product is put it in a shaker cup with a blender bottle and swirl it around. If you do this, all the ingredients will mix up and you will not have to deal with a large amount of foam.

Dosing is 1 scoop with 6-8oz of water. You want to find a balance of trying to mellow out that flavor, but too much water is going to interrupt your sleep due to having to go to the bathroom in the middle of the night.

So from a standpoint of recovery, this product delivers on all of its promises. I always woke up feeling like I had a better grasp of recovery with reduced muscle soreness and felt like I slept better from the night before. I also felt better hydrated from the TRAACS that is included with Alpha dreams. Usually, I wake up feeling slightly dehydrated simply because I am not drinking anything during the night, but by having electrolytes before bed, I feel that the feeling is diminished.

This did not hit me as fast as it has for others but I would say within 30 minutes of drinking this, I would start to feel groggy and was ready to fall asleep. My biggest complaint would be the use of melatonin, while it is great for some and is effective, for me, I have learned that I metabolize melatonin rather quickly and it becomes ineffective during the night. I respond better from a dose of valerian root better. I do not consider this to be a negative for the product simply because this is a personal preference rather than a glaring error that needs to be fixed.

I seldom had a morning where I woke up feeling groggy from drinking this, even on nights where I drank it at a time that I felt was too late in the evening to drink it leaving this to be effective in the standpoint of making me sleep, but also allowing me to wake up and get going.

I even tracked my sleep patterns with my Garmin device and on average I was seeing close to 8 hours of sleep with over half of those hours spent in deep and REM sleep. Getting to that level of sleep is key to recovery from a physical and hormonal standpoint. This just shows that this product is effective.

So right now, you can only find this on Alpha lions website for $60 for 30 servings coming out to $2 a serving. This is a premium price for a product like this compared to some of the others in this category. If this did not include electrolytes and BCAA's in its profile, then I would not say that it is worth it considering the taste that this product carries. However, because of all of the ingredients, this has to offer, I would still say it is worth it.

Side Effects

Might have to get up in the middle of the night to pee.

Conclusion

In conclusion, this product works. It can help get you to a deep restful sleep to where you can physically repair muscles and regulate your hormones. This is key to fully recovering and being ready for the next day. If you are having a hard time sleeping, or if you are just looking for better recovery I would give this product a chance and see if it can help you.

8.9
  October 14, 2018

Pros:
 Cons:
  • Insane Pump
  • Decent Taste
  • Premium Ingredients
  • Disclosed Label
  • Decent Value
  • Strong Energy

A completely transparent labeled supplement that delivers strong energy and pumps regardless of what kind of weight lifting workout you are doing.

Big thanks to Alpha Lion for sending me their pre-workout Super Human. This is my first time using anything from this company, and since I love taking pre-workouts, I figured I would jump on board with this and see how it stacks up compared to some of my favorites in regards to lifting and cardio.

As I have eluded to already, this label is fully transparent and is broken down into different categories:

Superhuman Energy matrix:

Anti-Crash Matrix
L-theanine 350mg

Superhuman Absorption matrix
Black Pepper extract (95% piperine) 10mg

As you can see there is a lot to this product but I mainly want to highlight the energy and pump areas of this product.

For energy, this is what I would consider a fairly high stim product. The energy does come on smooth when it hits the body, but when it hits you will know it. Your heart rate does go up and you can tell that the ingredients are working. This also alludes to making any cardio component rather difficult. Yes I know, not a lot of people use these kinds of supplements for cardio, however, my routines require it so, therefore, the elevated heart rate makes it more of a challenge rather than a stoppage.

The second category that really delivered for this product was the pump matrix. From the first workout to the last the pump was amazing and lasted well after the workout was over. I am really liking products that have 6g+ of CM as my body is responding nicely to it. The green tea extract as a pump ingredient is new to me, simply because I have always used it for weight loss but for me, it helped get the blood flowing and generate a good sweat as I was working out. I would honestly have sore muscles the day after a workout from the pump lasting so long. It has been a long time since a product has delivered like that for me.

for taste, I had originally asked for hulk juice but was informed that they were all of out it so I was sent the orange gainsicle. While the initial taste of this flavor tastes like an orange creamsicle, the aftertaste had more of a sweet pepper taste to it. I am not saying that it was a bad thing, or that the flavor overall was bad, it was just unique in that sense. I never really grew tired of drinking it or trying to choke down the product so to me that is a win.

The mixability was fairly decent with this. I never experienced any grittiness, but what I would see is a ring of color in my shaker cup from the dyes that are in this product which is not that big of a deal, but I wanted to make a note that some residue would be left behind.

Dosing was 1 scoop (17.65g) to about 10oz of water. I would let it sit in the water for 10-15 minutes to give the ingredients a chance to bond with the water before I would ingest it. I would usually drink this after eating a ONEbar protein bar so I did not take it on an empty stomach and usually drink this 20-30 minutes prior to working out.

So as I have already mentioned before, this product delivers on energy and pumps. I am usually waking up at 4:30 in the morning and need something to help me get going to have a solid workout. This product delivers enough energy to help me wake up and get the blood flowing to have great gym sessions. I never really had a crash effect from coming down from the stimulants either so that tells me that the dose of L-theanine was a proper dose as well.

For me, the big take away of the product was the pump that it delivers. At first, I was really disappointed that I didn't get a chance to claim their pump product to use with this, but after running this it might have been overkill. The day after my first workout which was a leg day, my quads were still full as if they were holding onto the muscle pump. It's like the pump ingredients flooded the muscle tissue with blood, but instead of letting it disperse over time, it forced it to stay in the tissue making the pump last that much longer.

What was hard for me was I could not do cardio on this product like I am used to. Some products that I have really enjoyed lately like Full SpectrumRx had ingredients like beetroot powder which is a vasodilator but also helps with endurance. I could tell that my body was really missing things like this because doing sprints and MetCon's felt more laborious rather than just challenging. Overall I was really impressed with this product.

So right now it is a little difficult to find this product anywhere but alpha lion's website. Currently, this product sells for $43 for 21 servings coming out to $2.04 a serving. While this is on the higher side of pre-workouts, this is becoming the trend of this category especially with premium products that try to deliver on more sought after aspects just beside energy.

Side Effects

Conclusion

Honestly, I am impressed by what Alpha lion has created. I would recommend this to others and am excited to try this with the pump product, just to see if it will be overkill or actually enhance an already strong pump. I think Alpha Lion is going to be a strong brand for many years to come and look forward to seeing what they come out with next. I highly encourage you to give this a try.

Overall
Overall
5.9
6.6
Thanks to Flexx Sports Nutrition for sending it out!
  October 7, 2018

Pros:
 Cons:
  • Decent Value
  • Powder Clumping
  • Hydration Lacking
  • Subpar Recovery
  • Broken Seal
  • Dehydration
  • Lack Of Effective Ingredients

Impossibly clumpy powder, and weird to gross chemical taste, is what I walked away with on this one. Not to mention a lackluster dose of hydration compared to other Amino products that include electrolytes.

Thank you to Rexx Sports for sending me Aminoaide. Amino Acids are a fantastic way to recover from grueling workouts, and over the years the market has become saturated with every kind of Amino product imaginable. When the market is this saturated, you really need to bring your A game if you want to stand out and lead the market. As they say, if you are not the lead dog, then the view never changes, and after this run of Aminoaide, that view is in no danger of changing.

The ingredient profile is disclosed and pretty straightforward with this. You have a BCAA profile of 3:1:1 which is:
3000mg Leucine
1000mg Isoleucine
1000mg Valine

Leucine is the most important one, in my opinion, is responsible for muscle protein synthesis. Without this, your muscles could face a significant lack of repair from the micro-tears that are created as you work the muscle.

Isoleucine is essential for creating the fat burning mechanism in your body, and also buffers your body from creating additional fat storage.

Valine also plays an important role in your body as it can help with endurance and fight muscle fatigue. If you can ward off muscle fatigue then you can train longer and harder, which can lead to better conditioning and strength.

This product also includes 750mg of HydroMax Glycerol Powder and 1000mg L-Carnitine.

L-Carnitine can help burn up fat stores in the body and can even burn brown fat, however, there is science behind on how it is effective in the body, and depending on your diet, it could be hit or miss.

HydroMax Glycerol Powder is primarily used in products to help induce a muscle pump for the user. It does this by forcing and flooding fluid into the working muscle thus helping it get a full feeling. Others have argued that it can also lead to hydration since it is forcing fluid into the muscle cells, however after using the product I can tell you this is not the case.

I requested the Snowcone flavor not really knowing what to expect, but based off of previous reviews I was looking forward to a delicious tasting Amino product. What I got was a product that smelled like blue raspberry, and upon initial taste, even tasted like it. However, the pleasantry quickly faded and I was left with a horrid chemical aftertaste. It had a very bitter blue food coloring dye taste. It honestly ruined the overall taste and flavor of this. I would mix this with 32oz of water minimum and it didn't matter. I even tried to do 2 scoops in hope that the flavor would be more significant and mask the chemical taste, but I was not lucky enough for that.

Mixability was surprisingly effortless. I saw this because the entire tub of powder was completely clumped together and I would have to scrape and break it up, just so I could scoop up a serving. With that being said, I could not break up all clumps so I honestly have no idea if I was getting an accurate scoop of this product. Outside of that, once the powder did hit the water, it mixed quite easily, so I will give them credit for that.

As far as dosing goes, as I have already stated I would run 1-2 scoops to at least 32oz of water and I would drink this as I workout as I do with all amino products.

This was probably the least effective amino product that I have used. I say this with regards to fighting muscle soreness, buffering fatigue and overall hydration.

I have been very fortunate with most Amino products in buffering muscle soreness and DOMs. This product did not do that for me. I would constantly lose out on endurance while running, this and I would not bounce back from workouts like I normally do. The biggest catalyst that I can attest to is leg workouts. I would have deep muscle soreness in my legs from my normal leg day, that I usually do not experience.

Secondly, my muscle output over the course of the workout was also on the decline. Normally I can dig deep find another gear, and really crank it up as the workout continues to go. It was not the case with this product. If anything, everything felt like more effort was required, the weights felt heavier, and cardio felt more strenuous. Again, this is not what I am used to when drinking amino products during my workout.

Finally comes the hydration. I know most reviews on here credit this product with great hydration, but I really have to ask the question of how? I always felt dehydrated and had a cottonmouth with this, on top of the horrid chemical taste that was associated with this. The dehydrated feeling carried on throughout the day as well, and keep in mind I average 120-150oz of water a day. I can also back up the claims that I am stating because I completed a couple of workouts without taking this and using VMI Sports Aminogex Ultra, and felt fantastic while drinking it, and did not have any of the previously listed issues. I then went back to drinking aminoaide and found myself back at square one with the issues.

I also made note that upon receiving this tub, the inner paper seal was not sealed to the tub, creating an open package. I still did the honorable thing and ran this product, even though normally if I have a supplement show up not sealed, I am sending it back. If I had personally bought this and it arrived like that, I would be very upset.

You can find Aminoaide on Amazon for $23.50 for 30 servings for a total of $.78 per serving. While this price makes it competitive with other products, the fact that it does not provide any real benefits of hydration and electrolytes, I would say that it is behind the cure to its competition.

Side Effects

Dehydration.

Conclusion

This one is a hard pass for me. I really could not find anything redeemable about this product. Maybe if it tasted better and was not a giant clump of powder, I could have said it was meh. However, when it shows up with a broken seal, a giant clump and taste like a terrible dye when you drink it, the fact that it does not improve or help with your workout makes it a loser in my book instead of a winner. I understand that hydromax as a tendency to clump and present a waxy powder appearance, but this was beyond acceptable. I know others have also reported the same problem about the powder, so I think this is something that Rexx Sports needs to address. For me with the flavor, everyone else seems to say that this taste great, however, I just didn't get that so maybe I had a bad batch. Again, could be something that they need to look into. To make this more competitive, they should really consider adding in some electrolytes, or even some coconut water powder for hydration, instead of solely relying on the hydromax. I would have to say that this does not get my seal of approval, and I will not recommend this to others.

Overall
Overall
6.2
  September 23, 2018

Pros:
 Cons:
  • Improved Libido
  • Some Muscle Fullness
  • Increased Aggression
  • Slight Vascularity
  • High Cost
  • No Noticeable Estrogen Control
  • No Lean Out Look
  • 2 Bottles Recommended For Best Results

Myokem advertises this as an anti-estrogen product that will help the user develop lean muscle mass, reduce excess estrogen and increase muscle hardness, but in all actuality, it only delivers a mild PCT effect.

A big thanks to the fine folks over at Myokem for sending Alphadex out for me to try. I am glad to see them back to participating on the site again. For anyone who has taken a testosterone boosting agent or for that matter a PH agent knows that it is important to fight off excess estrogen. Myokem gives us Alphadex which they say is: "an Estrogen Blocker. It helps reduce the amount of the hormone estrogen in the body, encouraging an optimal muscle building and fat loss environment."

A product like this is key to really show off the hard work you have put in the gym when on a testosterone boosting agent. Anti-estrogen products will leave you with a "dry" look rather than a puffy and bloated appearance that comes with the new found size. Let us take a look at how this product does.

Myokem comes out the gate once again giving us a fully disclosed label with more exotic ingredients:

SAFFLOWER SEED EXTRACT 200mg - The seeds of the safflower - scientific name Carthamus tinctorius - contain a lignan that blocks the effect of estradiol in cells as effectively as Nolvadex does, according to pharmacologists at Seoul National University. Studies have found that safflower seed extract can help to reduce fat around the midsection while increasing lean muscle mass. Long-term use of Nolvadex [used to treat breast cancer] increases the risk of ovarian cancer in women. The Koreans are looking for alternatives to Nolvadex in the plant world. In their article, they describe how they bought safflower seed in a shop and isolated various compounds that they then tested for anti-estrogenic effects.

BRASSAIOPSIS GLOMERULATA EXTRACT 125mg - By inhibiting aromatase, Brassaiopsis glomerulata extract effectively increases the amount of testosterone in your body while blocking estrogen. the first investigations in the plant were to investigate the presence of low molecular weight aromatase inhibitors. There appear to be a few aromatase inhibitors in this compound with one of them showing a fair bit of potency, but there is currently a lack of evidence to support the usage of this plant orally for the purpose of aromatase inhibition.

ACACETIN 100mg - Acacetin also works to regulate aromatase and support a healthy ratio of testosterone to estrogen. Acacetin is a natural flavone that is found in the Damiana (Turnera diffusa) plant. Acacetin has been studied for a variety of reasons and some research suggests it may have anti-aromatase and anti-estrogen properties. Research suggests that Acacetin has anti-aromatase properties. Aromatase is the enzyme responsible for converting testosterone to estrogen. Inhibition of the aromatase enzyme helps reduce the amount of testosterone that gets converted to estrogen.

GARCINIA MANGOSTANA EXTRACT 25mg - Studies have found that the Garcinia mangostana extract can accelerate weight loss to eliminate stubborn fat and provide an even greater definition in your muscles. There is not a lot of information out on this ingredient and most research has shown that it is effective for digestion and treating minor infections and maintain a healthy gut and digestive system.

Bioperine 5mg- Standard dose used for increased absorption.

Taste-These are in capsule form, so there is not really a taste to them.

Mixability-Once again, these are capsules so mixability is not an issue as well.

Dosing is fairly simple. It is one capsule in the morning, and one capsule in the evening. Both doses were taken with food as well.

So effectiveness was kind of difficult to pin down. This is promoted as an anti-estrogen product and with that being said, there was a slight reduction in what could have been excess estrogen. Muscle tone and definition from estrogen reduction were hardly noticeable over the course of the run. What I did notice while taking this product was an increase in aggression and attitude and things like confidence. I found this to be quite interesting because my confidence level is pretty normal, but on this, I found myself with a sense of feeling immortal. I also notice a significant increase in my appetite. Again, given the list of ingredients, I found this to be quite odd. I primarily used this product as a PCT after coming off a 2 month run of HADES from Savage Supplements.

If we truly categorize this as an anti-estrogen product, then it is going to fail compared to VMI's Arima-XD. However, if we promote this as a PCT to help the body come down from a testosterone or GH product, then it might have more success. The first time I ran HADES I ran it with Arima-XD and I was continually drying out during the whole cycle which was fantastic, however, when both were done I noticed a decent drop in strength and endurance. This time when using Alphadex, I noticed a reduced drop in strength and endurance which tells me that this acted as a decent PCT to help my body recover from having a testosterone boost for 8 weeks. I imagine that if you were to use Alphadex for 8 weeks, you could see an increase in overall strength rather than the slight increase I saw in 4. I also noticed an uptick in libido rather than a reduction due to coming off of a testosterone product.

So once again, I feel that this all goes back to an identity crisis in which we must ask if is this truly just an anti-estrogen product, rather than a PCT. I guess to make it fully identifiable as a PCT, they could add an ingredient like Tribulus, or Longjack, but they did not go that route.

So the cheapest you can find this right now is on bestpricenutrition.com for $45 which for a 28 day supply is $1.60 a day and $.80 a pill. If we say this is an anti-estrogen, then that price is quite a hard price to swallow considering you can get a more effective Arima-XD for under $25

Side Effects

No real side effects found with this one to include joint discomfort from "drying out".

Conclusion

Again, in retrospect, this product is not terrible, but it also not great. If you have money to burn then I say, yeah go for it but get 2 bottles. If you are the type of consumer who wants the most for your money when it comes to anti-estrogen products then I would look elsewhere. Once again, thank you to Myokem for participating in the Trooper Program and I look forward to seeing more from them in the future.

September 2, 2018

Pros:
 Cons:
  • Decent Value
  • Weight Loss
  • Fat Reduction
  • Stomach Fluff Reduction
  • Increased Thermogenesis
  • Exotic Ingredients
  • Might Be Expensive To Some

Thyrovate is a non-stimulant fat burner that delivers on weight loss, and surprisingly enough it does actually create an effective means of reducing fluff in your midsection.

Bing thanks to Myokem for letting me try Thyrovate. In my continuing stride to lean out over the year, I am trying new products to find a way to make this process easier, and I find that using non-stimulant fat burners really comes in handy to create that 24/7 fat loss strategy. In comes another contender to this category from Myokem. They bring us a product called Thyrovate, which is a non-stim fat burner that is supposed to target fat in your midsection. Is this fact or fiction?

This product has a mostly transparent label that provides some very interesting ingredients:

Japanese Mugwort Extract (300mg) it has demonstrated weight loss while the mice were on a high-fat diet. it also showed the extract improved glucose uptake into the skeletal muscle cell, in an insulin-dependent manner.

iFAS503 (250mg) is a proprietary patented combination of three Fatty Acid Synthase inhibitors: Green Tea, Tuber Fleeceflower, and Parasitic Loranthus. Green tea extracts have long been established as an effective ingredient for weight loss, alertness, and antioxidants. Tuber fleece-flower and parasitic Loranthus have both been used for a long time in traditional Chinese medicine, and more recent studies demonstrate it may inhibit the synthesis of fatty acids.

Olive Leaf Extract (200mg) Olive leaf extracts are a natural and rather potent booster of thyroid hormone. The real upside to olive leaf extracts is its high oleuropein content. This helps lower cholesterol as well as regulate blood pressure and glucose levels.

Weak Jumby Pepper (140mg) One study found that weak jumby pepper exerted "strong lipolytic properties being 20 times more potent than caffeine to stimulate lipolysis, at least in part through cyclic nucleotide preservation".

Sensoril Ashwagandha Extract (125mg) Thyrovate includes Sensoril, the widely popular patented form of Ashwagandha extract. Ashwagandha is an adaptogenic herb that helps mitigate feelings of anxiety and stress.

Paradoxine Grains of Paradise Extract (80mg) Research demonstrates the extract may significantly increase energy expenditure and accelerate the loss of brown adipose (fat) tissue.

Wakame Extract (20mg) Research shows it improves carbohydrate metabolism, as well as increases GLUT4 expression in skeletal muscle. It basically means that carb will get stored in your muscles instead of those "troublesome" spots like love handles and thighs.

Bioperine (5mg) Bioperine inhibits the body's metabolization of the other ingredients making them stay around longer thereby improving their bioavailability in the body.

So, there is no taste and mixability issues with this product since this is in pill form.

The dosing is 2 capsules twice a day. I would take the first dose with breakfast before working out, and the second dose right before bed after I have given my food plenty of time to digest.

So as I first started taking this product, I was very skeptical about it. I mean it is a non-stim fat burner so I am not going to feel super energized or anything crazy, so how do I know if it is working? The second thing is it can target my midsection. I found that almost comical that a pill could spot target fat on my body.

After about 12 days I was not laughing about it any longer and was starting to be in disbelief. I noticed an increased definition in my midsection within the first 2 weeks. Over the entire run of this product, I lost an overall weight of 4.2lbs.

With that being said, I did not change my diet or my exercise routine. These results came from adding this supplement into my routine. I cannot say anything else other than this worked. This is packed with some exotic ingredients that I have never seen before in my life, and low and behold they delivered.

I would notice that I would feel warmer while taking this and I would sweat more when I was working out and when I was going to bed. I attribute this to the grains of paradise that is in this product because it will indeed increase your overall body temperature because that is what it is designed to do. Overall I was very impressed with how well this product was put together.

This is the first product that I will say follows through on the guarantee of targeting a specific region of your body, and that region is the midsection. I still cannot believe how well it worked for me, and how much fluff it helped reduce. This may not be the results that everyone else gets, but it was what I saw, so I will say that I am a believer.

So the cheapest I could find this was on Amazon for $40 for 30 servings. This comes out to be $1.33 a day and $.66 a serving. I find this price to be fairly competitive with most non-stim and stimulant fat burners. You are getting some very exotic ingredients in this product, and with the results that I saw, I would spend that kind of money on a product like this.

Side Effects

Increased thermogenesis and sweating from the grains of paradise.

Conclusion

Fantastic product. So far I have been impressed with the Myokem products that have been on here, and this one did not disappoint. If you are looking at a non-stimulant fat burner to create the 24 fat burn effect, I highly encourage you to look at this product. Other reviews from other websites have run blind trials on this product and users also lost close to 4lbs as well, so I would like to think that my results were not a fluke. Again, products like these can be hit or miss, but I think for most users this is will be a hit.

Overall
Thanks to VMI Sports for sending it out!
  August 26, 2018

Pros:
 Cons:
  • Great Pumps
  • Flexible Dosing
  • Decent Value
  • Purest Form Of Agmatine
  • No Fillers Or Additives
  • Reduction Of DOMS
  • Increased Vascularity
  • Flexible Application

A simple, yet effective ingredient that can be easily added to any pre-workout or intra-workout product for better performance and pumps.

Big thanks to VMI Sports for letting me have a chance to test out AgmaPure for them. Any gym rat will tell you that there is no better feeling than getting a nasty pump while working out. In addition to that, the best thing to go with that killer pump is great vascularity. AgmaPure delivers on both fronts and will have you chasing the pump in every workout.

So this one is short...

So this one is short and simple:
    AgmaPure 500mg

there are no fillers here folks, just simple and to the point with this one.

TKCofRedLine said it best in his review:
    "AgmaPure is the patented form of agmatine sulfate, produced by a special fermentation process which eliminates impurities found in most other agmatine supplements. Other forms of agmatine sometimes contain impurities known as putrescine, an odorous chemical formed during hydrolysis. With VMI Sports AgmaPure, you are guaranteed to get the cleanest and purest form of agmatine sulfate available."

When a product is basing itself off of only one ingredient, you as the consumer would expect that it would be the cleanest purest form of that ingredient. I know I for one, would be pissed if I found out that it had impurities in it, and would be rather disappointed in the company for not ensuring that it was a clean product.

Agamatine is a long time stapled ingredient of the fitness world when it comes to pumps. It is a fantastic ingredient for vasodilation of veins in the body. When your veins are opened up, blood can move around the body in an easier manner, and the more blood that can be forced into the muscle, the greater the pump, and the better the growth of that muscle. This is what AgmaPure was built for and this is what AgmaPure delivers on.

Honestly, AgmaPure tastes terrible. However tasting bitter and bad is not exclusive to this product, most sole Agmatine products have the same bitter taste to it, therefore, I am not taking this as a negative thing towards the product. If you add this into your existing pre-workout product, or as I did your Intra-workout drink, then it works just fine.

Mixability is effortless. The powder is so fine, that it practically dissolves on contact with any fluid. In the container, the powder has a tendency to clump a bit, but it is not that bothersome if you ask me. This also happened with NutraBio, so I do not think it is a fault of VMI.

So as I eluded to earlier, for dosing, I would use 1 dose to 32oz of fluid in my intra-workout product. When I added to the intra product which at this point happened to be Amino's from Myokem, I could not taste the bitterness of the AgmaPure at all.

I would also like to make a note that I would drink another scoop of AgmaPure at night with Opti-dreams sleep beverage as well. I found that when I used NutraBio's Agmatine, it would help me feel relaxed and get better sleep. The same goes for AgmaPure as well. I cannot explain why this works, but just like the Posi-Trac on a Plymouth...it just does.

So this product is geared towards creating a strong muscle pump and leading to a possible increase in vascularity. I can strongly say that it checks the box on both fronts. VMI says you can dose anywhere from 1-3 scoops on this product. I personally found that 1 was all I needed because Agmatine was already included in the pre-workout product that I was taking. I found that drinking this ingredient with my Amino's help create a sustained pump, and vascularity for a longer duration during my workout, rather than shot-gunning it up front and letting it play catch-up as the workout and day progressed.

I have found that most pump products and ingredients need time to really work during a workout. It needs to saturate the muscles and bloodstream to truly show effective results. I found that by drinking it during the workout with more fluid and better hydration, it was able to transport and saturate my body at a greater increase. This also allowed the pumps to hang around longer in the day, and if I decided to do a second workout, the muscles were already pumped from the first one. This created a BFR (Blood Flow Restriction) feeling with my muscles, which meant I could do less on the second go around and get the same if not greater effects in the sense of a muscle pump.

Remember, the key to growth is blood in the muscle and how long you can keep it in the muscle. With AgmaPure you will not have an issue with achieving this goal and maintaining it.

Value can be kind of tricky because it depends on how you use this product. The cheapest I was able to find it was $20 for 60 servings. VMI suggest that you can use anywhere from 1-3 scoops per serving. If you are only using 1 scoop, then this is a fantastic value because 1 serving is $.33, even 2 servings will only run you $.66, but at 3 servings you are looking at almost a dollar for 15 servings which to me becomes not worth it.

Side Effects

So one side effect that I had with this as well as with NutraBio's Agmatine, is anytime I start to get over 1g total in a day, I get killer amounts of gas. I don't understand it, nor do I want to smell it, but it happens without hesitation.

Conclusion

This is a versatile use product. The effects are highly noticeable and the application is truly flexible. You can add this to your pre-workout, intra-workout, or use it as an ingredient in a non-stimulant product that you made yourself because you want to workout at night. It doesn't matter because you are going to get delivered results. I understand why this is the number 1 rated pump product on the site, because it delivers just that, a solid pump without sacrificing the ingredient with fillers or impurities. Great job goes to VMI Sports for delivering, yet another fantastic product.