Raptorbh12

Expert Reviewer

• Member has been active for 8 years, and was last online 2 months ago
  • Social media account not linked

TROPHY CASE

Reviews by Raptorbh12

March 25, 2014

• Consistent Energy
  • Good Pumps
  • Mixes Easy
  • Needs Agmatine
  • Too Simple For Its Own Good
This is not a bad pre-workout as far as they go. The ingredients are all dosed appropriately and its a bargain compared to most of the market.

Before I get started, I would like to thank Adam at USP Labs for sending this to me as part of a care package to me and my Marines in Afghanistan. Thanks again Adam!

Taste: 7
Now a 7 out of 10 is not terrible for a pre-workout! Imagine 10 being something to the tune of a Gatorade. The flavor I had was Fruit Punch and it was quite palatable with a little bite at the end if you made it kind of concentrated (which I always do).
...

Mixability: 8
This PWO is quite soluble and mixes well in small amounts of liquid. Very little creatine residue is left on the bottom of your solo cup or shaker when all done.
EffectivenessL 7
Its almost come to be known as the Gold Standard of pre-workouts but this new Jack3d Advanced is just too similar to the rest of the market. Same familiar beta-alanine tingles, proper dosages of creatine, 100mg of caffeine per scoop which is great for scalability for how intense you need your PWO.
I noticed adequate focus and intensity commensurate with a PWO of this type.
This Jacked Advanced is like you Honda Accord of PWO's. Its known for its reliability, affordability, and is updated periodically. But it lacks the exotic appeal of more expensive and robust PWO's.

Value: 9
Roughly $28 per container, this is one of the most affordable PW's on the market right now. I imagine this is due to production capacity at USP Labs.
Most PWO's are $30 and some can reach upwards to $40 and even $50 a pop.

Overall: 7
I do recommend this supplement to anyone who lifts with intensity and purpose. This is a great starter PWO but if you have been using PWO's for years with only a few breaks in your caffeine consumption, you might find that this Jack3d Advanced is a little weak.
I don't see myself purchasing this again. It did not stand out to me whatsoever and with the fast paced advancements in today's supplement industry you can easily find more innovative Pre-workouts and remember, "No PWO, is one supp fits all"

September 2, 2013

Pros:
 Cons:
  • Keeps You Feeling Full
  • Quality Protein Blend
  • Greater Satiety
  • Supports Lean Muscle
  • Mixes Fantastic In Water
  • Vanilla Ice Cream Taste
  • Pricey
I tend to shop around whenever its time to buy proteins. I found that USP Labs Oxyelite protein had a similar cost/protein ratio to Pro-complex as well as a similar time-release protein blend that had milk protein isolate as the first ingredient.
I tried both the Chocolate and Vanilla flavor which I purchased on my own and not through the Expert Review program.

Taste: 10

Taste: 10
This was one of the best tasting proteins I have ever had in my life. The vanilla was reminiscent of vanilla muscle milk which has nearly double the calories. The consistency was a little thick because of the caseins but not too thick. The Chocolate was fantastic but the Vanilla was by far my favorite. Oxyelite protein is great on its own and I never made it as part of a shake. I did however add to oatmeal one morning which was not the best idea, a little soupy and bland (It was on deployment, I didnt have resources to jazz up my breakfast like peanut butter).

Nutrition Profile: 9
Each scoop contains 23g of protein, 4 total carbs with 2g of that being fiber, and 3.5g of fat derived from the "Rapid Burn Lipid complex" which is sunflower oil and Medium Chain Triglycerides.It is sweetened with sucralose which is pretty standard for proteins nowadays.
This nutrition profile fits needs of nearly any niche group of fitness because of its low carb nature and low-fat profile.

Mixability: 9
I mentioned it earlier but this mixes very well. I did not have the opportunity to mix it in a shaker cup but I funneled it into water bottles and shook for 30 seconds and voila! A smooth, non chunky protein smoothie made using only water.

Value: 8
Its roughly at $33 per 2lb. This is pretty standard now for 2 lbs of higher quality whey protein and especially protein blends. I do miss the old days when $25 got you 5lbs of Gold Standard Whey Protein.

Overall: 9
I see myself buying OxyElite Protein again in the future. Its a little pricey and sometimes I cant make myself fork over the bills with a clean conscience for mere protein but for those who religiously hit the weights, its a solid investment. The taste is phenomenal and mixability is perfect. I tip my hat to USP Labs for developing a fantastic protein and I hope they expand on this market and offer more flavors and more types of protein in the future.

July 7, 2013

• Good Strength Increases
  • Shin Pumps!
  • Fat Gain
  • Cardio Killer
This is a grossly overdue review.

This was my first PH that I have tried as part of my ER program. This is not the original "Raptor" by Nutraclipse, but actually "Raptor Redux" which is the newest version containing:
2a, 17a-dimethy-5a-androst-3-one, 17b-ol 10mg
2-Cyano-17a-methyl-17b-hydroxy-androst-3-one 10mg

Which is Superdrol and cyanostane if im not mistaken by nomenclature.

Cycle info:
I ran the 30 days at 3 caps a day which was the whole container of 90 capsules.
This is a grossly overdue review.

2a, 17a-dimethy-5a-androst-3-one, 17b-ol 10mg
2-Cyano-17a-methyl-17b-hydroxy-androst-3-one 10mg

Which is Superdrol and cyanostane if im not mistaken by nomenclature.

Cycle info:
I ran the 30 days at 3 caps a day which was the whole container of 90 capsules.
I preloaded with milk thistle and hawthorne berry only 1 week before hand and then switched to CEL Cycle support for the actual cycle. I would dose one pill in the morning, and two prior to workout.
After the cycle I used a PCT consisting of Toremefine Citrate, animal stak and DAA. I continued with milk thistle and hawthorne berry post cycle to help with blood pressure and liver help.

Results/ Effectiveness: 8
My strength was the biggest changing factor and I did put on about 8-10lbs on this cycle. My body composition was not drastically changed but then again I did not implement a cutting or a traditional bulking diet during cycle. I did make sure than I consumed at least 200g protein daily with a generally clean diet to fill in my daily calories.
Strength on my squat went up about 80lbs and my bench increased about 40lbs. My overall appearance was more "block-type" bulky rather than ripped or shredded since I did not cut at all on this cycle.

Cardio....
Cardio was extremely painful and I would get tremendous painful shin pumps anytime I ran or jogged. My cardiovascular capacity was not diminished but my ability to push my body was certainly diminished.
At one point I had a formation run and I kept up during the whole run but when I was done, my shins were totally seized up and I could not relax the muscle for almost an hour after the run. If you play sports, I would not suggest you use this product.

Value: 8
At $44 its really no bargain but it also does not break the bank like alot of N2BM ph's like helladrol, beastdrol, and epi-strong. Its pretty average for price so it gets an 8.

Overall: 8
Despite its obvious levels of liver toxicity, I experienced exactly what I expected in terms of side effects. My strength results were great and I kept my gains long past my PCT. Terrible diet and lack of training due to job however has cannibalized alot of those muscle gains since.
If you tried to use this product with a cutting diet, I would suggest you go for 6 weeks instead of the 4 weeks in order to experience a more pronounced effect. Cycling past 6 weeks is too dangerous with the liver toxicity in this type of compound.

Sorry for not posting this up sooner, and a big Thank you to Nutra Clipse and the SR.com ER program.

2.0
  February 19, 2013

Ugh, weeks 1-4 were very mild but good. Weeks 5-8 actually gave me some sides with negative gym results.

I cant discredit the people who actually had positive experiences with this product since the science behind it is sound unlike many hype products. I just feel that for me, this product failed to deliver and actually made me worse in the end.

Osta-RX is a selective androgen receptor modulator which in medical trials has been shown to increase androgen site activity which would mean things like greater rates of muscle growth and less fat accumulation.

As I menti...

Effectiveness: 5
As I mentioned, weeks 1-4 were nice and it felt like I was taking a very expensive form of creatine where my endurance was off the charts and my strength went up maybe 10%.
Weeks 5-8 had plateaus in strength with an odd tight feeling in my muscles which made some simple lifts actually painful (especially biceps). Even after leg days, my recover was not up to par and I would be tremendously sore for longer than I usually am. My week 1-4 progress stopped and fell off on my second bottle.

Taste: -
Its a tasteless yellow pill, 3 a day. Two in the morning and one at night was my protocol.

Overall: 5
The science behind the product has me holding onto a moderate rating here but Iron Mag Labs might have skimped on the active ingredient in one or both of my bottles. So if you do want to go the SARM route, look into research chemical variations of S-1 or S4 Ostarine.

Value: 2
Its hellaciously expensive. I got a good deal at about $70 a bottle if I purchased 3. So for an 8 week cycle here, it was $140. Creatine is $10 which is my effectiveness equivalent.

This is a short review but I have no great things to say about the product. It sounds like a gimmick to me and it might just have been Iron Mag Labs Osta that was bunk, but I dont have the time or money to try out a research chem version.

December 18, 2012

Pros:
 Cons:
  • Improves Cardiovascular Capacity
  • Increases Aerobic Endurance
  • Tastes Good
  • Affordable
    Cardio Igniter is essentially a 'pre-workout' designed specifically to be taken prior to running or any other kind of cardio that requires prolonged effort over time. It is not great for straight up lifting heavy ass weights.
    The Bullet points of this product are that it claims to do the following (which I agree that it does):
    *Supports Aerobic Performance
    *Provides anabolic and anti-catabolic support
    *Boosts Lipolysis, Fat Oxidation, Thermogenesis
    *Increases Energy, Endurance
    *Supports mental focus

Effectiveness: 8
    This was one of the best pre-workout powder type supplements I ha...
    *Supports Aerobic Performance
    *Provides anabolic and anti-catabolic support
    *Boosts Lipolysis, Fat Oxidation, Thermogenesis
    *Increases Energy, Endurance
    *Supports mental focus

Effectiveness: 8
    This was one of the best pre-workout powder type supplements I have ever taken in regards to improving cardio. I felt less out of breath on moderate intensity runs and in between sprint intervals. I also experienced less muscle fatigue throughout my runs which allowed me to push myself harder and further than usual.

Sides: 2
    Its use of stimulants is moderate so if you are an avid runner who detests stimulants then you might want to stick to nature valley bars in the mean time but I didnt notice any side effects that were detrimental to my cause aside from having some 'sloshing' of the pre-workout liquid if taken too close to the actual run time.

Taste: 8
    The flavor I had was fruit punch and its hard to mess that up. No bad aftertaste and fairly sweet since its sweetened with sucralose.

Ingredients: 8
    Niacin- I dont really understand its purpose in this (could anyone explain?)
    Vitamins B6 and B12
    Calcium
    Magnesium
    Sodium (a nice electrolyte)
    Potassium (compliments the sodium)
    The lipobolic blend has some nice ingredients but its tough to say how much of each is included in the doses. It does have at least some of the following, Beta alanine, caffeine, L-carnitine, raspberry ketones, Ursolic Acid, Evodiamine, L-Norvaline, Vinpocetine.

Value: 9
    I was surprised at how cheap this was. You can get a 35 serving tub from lockoutsupplements.com for less than $20.

Overall I would recommend this product to anyone who has devoted cardio only days. If you run after a workout then use a typical pre-workout and suffer with a less than stellar cardio session.

October 23, 2012

Pros:
     Cons:
    • Easy To Take
    • Under-dosed Ingredients
    • Stupid Proprietary Blends
    I found Armor-V in a deal on BB.com that was too good not to pass up and so not only did I finish a full container, I finished 3 consecutive containers.

Effectiveness: 6
    Throughout my duration of use on this multi-vitamin, I consistently felt more run-down than usual, and my immune system had more gaps than usual.
    With my beloved Animal Pak, I just flat out DONT GET SICK.

Effectiveness: 6
    With my beloved Animal Pak, I just flat out DONT GET SICK.
    With Armor-V, I got several small colds and one colossal head cold that I infected my whole family with! As I finished up my last bottle of Armor-V, I frantically switched back to Animal Pak and starting the very next day I was feeling better and after one week of animal pak, my 1 month duration of this horrible head cold was no more.
    So needless to say, this multi-vitamin has some gaps in the effectiveness category.

Profile: 5
    They tried to make it work but failed by half assing it.
    Why is there an omega complex in this multi-vitamin with less than 1g of any kind of omega 3-6-9?
    The inclusion of a "greens and vegetable blend" is insulting and makes me think this is a multi-vitamin for adults who eat like kids. They LITERALLY dehydrated and chopped up about 50 different vegetables and fruit to make this nearly 1g proprietary complex.
    The anti-oxidant complex is weak and underdosed and the pro-biotic/ *Immune enhancer* failed miserably for me.
    They also include and "Armor Blend" consisting of Tumeric, Quercetin, Ginseng, Inositol, Hesperidin, Rutin, and Betain.
    Then there is the slap in the face which is called the Detoxifying matrix which includes milk thistle, saw palmetto, uva ursi, and Digeseb totaling out at 81mg for the whole complex. At those doses, why even include them at all??

Value: 8
    It was buy 2 get one free for me so I got 3 months worth of multi-vitamins for $60, a little bit better than what I would have paid for animal pak.
    Its 6 capsules a day so in a 180 capsule bottle, it lasts a month or 30 days.
    The 6 capsules are one of the easier multi-vitamins to swallow.

Overall: 6
    I dont know whether to chalk this one up to "They tried there best and failed" or just give them a 3 overall for shoving an inferior product at stupid consumers *like me*.
    I have yet to find a good multi-vitamin that even comes close to animal pak in terms of well dosed ingredients and positive personal experience.

October 18, 2012

• Amazing Taste
    • Solid Profile
    • Not Widely Available Yet
    • Fantastically Average
    I finished a tub of this protein about a month ago but still recall my initial impressions and final thoughts regarding it.

Machine Whey is Marc Lobliners signature protein now that he is associated with Tiger Fitness and MTS Machine whey is exclusively available at Tigerfitness.com

Profile: 8
    Its nothing fantastic, its basically what a whey protein should be. This protein does not rate ANY higher than an 8 due to the inclusion and quantity of the Whey concentrate which in my opinion is drowning out the whey isolate.
    To give you perspective, Optimum Nutrition 100% whey has more Isol...

Profile: 8
    To give you perspective, Optimum Nutrition 100% whey has more Isolate than concentrate and so they list it first in the ingredients list but its the other way around with Machine Whey where concentrate outweighs the isolate making it a slightly less bio-available protein.
    Also, Machine whey does NOT have a digestive enzyme component making it easier to digest and in turn more bioavailable like many of its competitors.
    I do like that when purchased via Tiger Fitness, you can see the testing laboratories results regarding the amount of protein per scoop which is 25.12g per 34.432g of product.

Taste: 8
    The taste was quite good although I was getting tired of the chocolate flavor towards the end of the tub, I didnt get sick of it or not want to drink it. The chocolate flavor was tangier than ON's protein flavors and a little more pronounced. If you want a more mild flavor, then ON's might be for you, if you desire extreme over the top chocolate flavor then Nutrex Muscle Infusion protein is for you. This was a nice mid-range chocolate flavor.

Mixability: 8
    It mixes decent. If your only stirring for 10 seconds you WILL consume chunks of protein as with most protein powders.

Effectiveness: 8
    This is tough to gauge with most proteins since its a 'passive' supplement with no immediate effects. I did not experience any negative effects from this such as an upset stomach or gas.
    My strength stayed about the same which is more related to my transient working out because I was in the middle of a move.

Value: 9
    For not being on clearance or stolen, you would be hard pressed to find a similar protein to compete with this one and stand toe-to-toe on all the above mentioned facets.
    Its not the best protein I have ever had but for the price, consideration has to be given to this product. One 5lb tub can be purchased as of today for $45 where a similar tub of Optimum Nutritions whey would set you back $60!

Overall: 8
    I wont lose sleep over how fantastic this protein was and I personally might buy it again if I make a whole stack purchased from Tigerfitness.com.
    I would not go out of my way to purchase this protein however but it will be a great add on for devout tiger fitness customers.

October 3, 2012

• No Increased Vascularity
    • No Increase In Endurance
    • No Pumps
    • Nitratene
    Thank You to Purus Labs and the E.R. program for allowing me to review this pre-workout.

This is marketed as a pre-workout supplement with emphasis on the fact it does NOT contain creatine (one of the most scientifically proven legal muscle builders)dyes, or DMAA which is now banned for resale.

The emphasis is however on the fact that this is a "nitric oxide potentiating/ oxygenating hemodynamic catalyst". This all means that its supposed to increase nitric oxide levels in your bloodstream and muscle tissue as well as increase the transportation of oxygen in the bloodstream which is great for AEROBIC workouts.

Effectiveness: 5
    My first workout with Condense was abysmal, lifts were weak, muscles burned with fatigue, lacked any drive in the weight room.
    After my first dose, I really didnt even want to try it again but I had to give it a true shot so I kept with it. The second time I used condense I used it on a 3-mile run with great success. Alot of aerobic endurance and little to no lactic acid fatigue from running.
    Now this sounds like a eureka moment only these results are identical to when I typically run with caffeine alone (which is 2.99 a bottle)
    So it works well for running, and why wouldnt it with 200mg caffeine per scoop?
    So I continue to use it for both running and gym workouts and I would switch up pre-workouts some days just to check if it was me getting weaker or if Condense really was THAT bad, and its safe to say that this is one of the worst pre-workouts I have ever used.
    Gym-wise its in the bottom third of preworkouts, cardio-wise its in the top third but thats not saying much since caffeine alone would be in the top.

Profile: 4
    Beta-alanine, Betaine, caffeine, and *Nitratene*
    Nitratene is supposed to be a high molecular yield nitrate form.
    Condense also has 52mg potassium, 130mg sodium, and 48mg chloride to help with electrolyte balance.
    The combination of these ingredients clinically work marginally better than a placebo. The caffeine is the only performance enhancer with the beta-alanine only marginally helping.

Taste: 2
    Every time I drank CONDENSE, I felt like I was back in college and being forced to drink some chicks apple pucker.
    "Crisp Apple is a disgusting flavor to begin with and why they omitted fruit punch as an option is beyond me. Melon-cooler is the second option which I have not tried but it doesnt sound much better.
    A good rule of thumb when picking flavors would be not to choose anything that is also a VODKA flavor.

Pumps: 0
    Not saying its a bad thing since you dont want pumps when running but I got nothing from this in the gym.

Vasodilation: 2
    This has no vasodilating ingredients since Nitratene is a nitric oxide potentiator and not a vaso-dilator.

Value: 4
    The ingredients in Condense are very cheap to obtain and yet its priced comparably to muscle marinade and other pre-workouts with more servings. Im basing this off a $27-30 range for Condense.

Disclaimer:
    I still really do love purus labs and they are a top notch supplement company and I also understand the goals of this product. Its a "creatine free" preworkout to compete with the new Jack3d Micro.
    I LOVED muscle Marinade and its probably my favorite currently available pre-workout.
    Condense fell VERY short for me in the pre-workout category and I feel the other reviewers even the Experts have been cushioning reviews on this product since it certainly is no 8 or 9 out of 10.

August 20, 2012

• Increased Focus
    • Superman Feeling
    • Awesome Energy
    • Only Need One Scoop
    • Great Endurance
    • Uncontrollable Sweating
    There were only good things to be said about Muscle Marinade when I took the plunge and bought myself a tub. I usually dont have high expectations for hyped products but this might be my favorite current PWO to date thats still in production.

Overall: 9
    Muscle Marinade is one of those "kitchen sink" pre-workouts that has a ton of ingredients but the difference is that these ingredients are dosed effectively.

Overall: 9
    I wont get into the details of its ingredient profile but its very thorough to include effective dosing of creatine, 6g amino acids, a hefty stimulant package, an electrolyte blend, and a cortisol reducing, antioxidant blend.
    Every workout that I had while taking Muscle Marinade was intense and focused which is rare even with the majority of other PWO's for me. It didnt seem to matter what additional supps I was taking at the time, if Muscle Marinade was my PWO, then I was going to crush some weights that day. I set several personal records in my lifts while taking MM and increased on average 10-20% in all of my lifts during my tub of MM.

Effectiveness: 9
    It doesnt take long for MM to kick in and its especially potent if you spike it with some primatene to make it part of an ECA stack. I noticed zero side effects, no upset stomach, headaches, nausea etc. With its CNS stimulants and the amino acid profile its a good anabolic mixture to promote muscle growth and it lessens the need to have an intra BCAA. As with any PWO with stimulants like this, you will sweat alot more than usual but this is almost expected with PWO such as this.

Taste: 8
    Its a PWO with alot of crap in it so, its no kool-aid. It is however palatable and somewhat enjoyable compared to many other PWO's. I had the cherry limeade flavor and I never had a problem with the taste.

Price: 9
    Depending on where you buy from, you can find this for around $29.99 which puts it at a very competitive price. Thinking back, I believe this was close to the $40 range when it first came out but predatory pricing lowered it to the $30 range making it a good value.

Conclusion:
    I would definitely buy Purus Labs Muscle Marinade again and im excited to try Condense by Purus Labs as well and see how it stacks up to MM. The workouts I had with MM were sick and unparalleled, its a good value, it doesn't taste half bad and it has such catchy and disgusting catch phrases such as "Baste your beef" and "marinate your meat". All that being said its a top notch product.

May 27, 2012

Pros:
     Cons:
    • Clinically Proven
    • Chalky Tablets
    • Poor Effectiveness
    Some men just want to watch the world burn. I'm not one of them but I WILL denounce the almighty d-pol as being nothing more than a mediocre testosterone booster for my case.

D-pol is a d-aspartic acid supplement containing the clinically proven effective dose of 3120mg per dose.
    D-pol also contains vitamins D3, B6, B9, B12, and 130mg sodium. The "pump" from D-pol is most likely from its Nitratine which is part of its Vasodilatory matrix.

DAA is shown to boost testosterone in healthy males by as much as 42%. Since I did not get bloodwork done, ill never know for sure how it affected me from a clinical viewpoint.

Effectiveness: 5
    Not a 10 and not a 0. It worked as far as testosterone boosting in a mild respect since I did develop some minor acne on my face and chest. My lifts in the gym however were essentially stagnant and I failed to achieve "fantastic pumps" as some users have put it. I had some increased anaerobic endurance but it paled in comparison to "Anabolic Freak" made by Pharma Freak which is their DAA supplement.
    My bodyfat % as well as bodyweight, as well as all my lifts stayed the same for my 1 month cycle of D-pol.
    I didnt give the product a zero since I did get side effects which despite them sucking... ARE effects nonetheless. D-pol worked in some way in my body, just not in the beneficial way.
    Alot of people have had undisputed fantastic results with D-pol and I do indeed believe it worked for them since this product does have clinical studies backing its efficacy. **D-Pol just did NOT work for ME.**

Value: 8
    If it works as well as some users say it does, then it might as well be a 10 for value. Since its only $25, no harm no foul in regards to my results. Its a good price coming from a reputable company such as Purus Labs for a DAA supplement.

Taste: 7
    Three chalky white and fairly large tablets comprise one daily dose. Make sure you have something to drink to throw them back. They taste fairly sour but ALOT better than trying to down a tablespoon of pure DAA powder which tastes like ant killer.

Overall: 5
    D-pol didn't work for me but chances are it will work for you. I hesitated even writing this review since it goes against the majority's views but now when someone else has mediocre results with D-pol they'll know they aren't alone.