Parasite

SR TROOPer

• Member has been active for 6 years, and was last online today
  • Social media account not linked

Reviews by Parasite

Thanks to TOREM for sending it out!

I was in a body fat reduction mode and stalled out. I decided I would give Neco-Adipem a try to see if it would help jumpstart the body fat shedding again. Unfortunately, 2 weeks in I went from body fat reduction mode to maintenance mode as I had PRP shots in both knees and was told not to do any lower body stuff for 10 days and then just light cardio till my follow up visit.

Neco-Adipem is made up of 6 ingredients that touch on every area you would want from a fat burner.

InnoSlim and Capsimax are the newer ones to me. InnoSlim is suppos...

InnoSlim and Capsimax are the newer ones to me. InnoSlim is supposed to help reduce glucose absorption which should come in handy for higher carb meals. Definitely a benefit for me as my body does not respond well to carbs. Capsimax "supports the mobilization of fats for energy production and helps convert extra fat to more metabolic recovery" (Torem Neco-Adipem product insert card).

Everything else seems to be the usual culprits in the natural stim free weight loss arena - ActiGin, Green Tea extract, Garcinia Cambogia, and Advantra-Z.

1 packet (2 capsules) before breakfast and 1 packet before dinner. No taste. Easy to use. Already portioned out in 2 capsule packets in a sturdy cardboard box.

No big changes in diet for this. I stayed with a carb cycling routine to add muscle and reduce fat (3 low calorie, low carb days; 1 high calorie, high carb day). Workout wise, any and all cardio and leg activity was dropped for the last 2 weeks of this due to PRP shots in my knees. My intent for this product went from a bodyfat reduction to maintenance because of this.

I started at a weight of 198.9 with a 34.75 in waist measurement and a 35.75 belly measurement. I ended with a weight of 203.0 with a 35.25 waist measurement and a 36.75 belly measurement. I do feel the measurements at the end are a little skewed as I woke up hot that morning and I know not everything is as tight when that happens. I do feel I stayed in a reasonable maintenance range and that Neco-Adipem helped with this especially in those last 2 weeks. Once I had my PRP shots, I kind of went into a woe-is-me mode. Legs are the one part I've always enjoyed working so it has been a struggle the last couple of years just doing high rep, light weight stuff for them. It really gets bad when it is completely taken away from me like know. It is easier to snack and eat the stuff that gets brought into the office so I was snacking a little more than usual. With no leg workouts and cardio, I felt like Neco-Adipem helped me not overly gain bodyfat while in this funk.

However, I did not feel it was effective for me in every area it is touted in. Neco-Adipem is supposed to "help with appetite control, cravings, bloating, stabilize mood while dieting, and enhance metabolism and prohormones for long lasting true weight-loss" (from Mfg description on TROOP dashboard). On my reduced calorie days, I was still hungry and cravings were ever present. While I did not always give into the cravings, it happened more often than I would have liked but when I'm in a funk it is also easy for me to turn to comfort foods.

Looks like about the best you can do is $57 for a box of 60. I think this is a good value for this product if you are only using 1 packet a day, but the dosing instructions recommend using 2 packets a day for best results which drops the value in my opinion. As I mentioned, this did not hit in all areas for me. If there was a better appetite suppressant, then pricing might not be as big an issue. Personally, I feel there are better fat burners out there, although they contain stims, for a better price.

Packaging - I know this has been addressed multiple times but I feel this is something that adds to the price so I'm going to beat the dead horse I get where the current packing would be helpful to those not used to taking supplements. Easily packaged put it somewhere you won't forget to grab a pack when you need one and go. This did not always work for me as I missed doses because I did not keep this with my other daily supplements. For me and probably others used to taking supplements, just throw it in a bottle. I'll put it with my other supplements and vitamins and throw them in a Ziploc snack bag and take them with me. I would think this would cut down on the cost but I don't make the stuff so not sure how much cost would be saved between one or the other.

Pros:
 Cons:
  • Stimulant Free
  • No Jitters
  • Decreased Bloating
  • Potentially Too Expensive
  • No Appetite Suppression

Thanks to Divided Labs for sending it out!

I saw the write up for Divided Labs on Price Plow (https://blog.priceplow.com/supplement-news/divided-labs) and it got me excited to try their products. Needless to say, I was hoping they would post some on SR for review and when they did I was hoping I would get a chance to grab one or two. I wanted to get both their amino, Aminovide, and PWO, Previde, but was too slow to get both. I ended up grabbing Aminovide which I was happy about. As an aging male, whose body feels like it is falling apart quicker than it should, effective recovery supplements play a huge factor to my workouts and quality of life. Thanks to Divided Labs for participating in the TROOPs program!

The profile is broken up into 3 categories - Instantized BCAAs (as InstAminos), BCAA Uptake & Antioxidant Support; Maximum Hydration Blend.

Instantized BCAAs are a 2:1:1 blend of L-Leucine (vegan), L-Isoleucine (vegan) and L-Valine (vegan). These are vegetable sourced aminos which seems to be the way the industry is headed. Personally, the first amino product I had like this did not seem as effective and I'm not one to care too much where the aminos come from. I am of an Andrew Zimmer mindset where if you can use the whole animal than do so. This being my second plant based amino, I felt these were effective but still think animal aminos work better for me.

BCAA Uptake and Antioxidant Support - This is a combination of 29 fruits, vegetables and herbs that is "supposed to boost nitric oxide levels and combat exercise induced free radicals which cause cellular damage and oxidative stress (MFR Description from TROOP dashboard)." At 1 scoop, you get 100mg of these 29 fruits, vegetables and herbs. For that many ingredients, that seems like an awfully small amount but based on use it seemed to help some. I'm not a scientist and I'm not going to try to pretend I know what all these 29 ingredients do and their effective dosages in order to help boost nitric oxide levels; however, it seemed to help and it feels like something that is in there without the price being jacked up so I'm all for it. This also contains 25mg of P5Pharm Pyridoxal 5'-Phosphate which is an "active form of vitamin B6 that plays an important role in amino acid metabolism and helps increase BCAA digestion (MFR Description from TROOP dashboard)."

Maximum Hydration Blend - This is a mix of 4 ingredients (Organic Coconut Water Freeze Dried Powder, 500mg; Potassium Chloride, 100mg; Sodium Chloride, 70mg; Magnesium Gluconate, 10mg) that are supposed to help provide you with electrolytes during your workout to enhance your performance.

The label provides serving sizes for 1 or 2 scoops. I stuck with 1 scoop each time I used it. I have a 32 ounce water bottle for my workouts so 1 scoop in there and shake it well for 10 seconds or so and it mixed well.

Taste was light and flavorful even in 32 ounces of water. I requested and was sent the Candy Grape flavor. It definitely had the artificial grape flavor you get with most drinks and candies. It reminded me of the Wyler's grape water flavor just not as strong. I still felt like I was drinking water as the flavor was light but it would have that gentle grape flavor to go along with it.

I picked this up just at the right time as I was coming off of a two-week break from weights so I was able to start using this fresh and at a point where DOMS would have been worse than normal. My first week back working out I changed my program to work out twice a day. I would get up and do strength sets in the home gym then do hypertrophy work in the afternoon on my lunch hour at Gold's. I took this for both workouts that first week. I backed off the weights some so I would not be overly sore but still felt like I was pushing it. Taking this twice a day that first week DOMS were minimal if any at all so I was very pleased with the results of Aminovide at this point.

The next 3-4 weeks proved to be no different. During these weeks, I only took this during my morning workout. I still experienced little to no DOMs during these weeks. Full disclosure though, I was using a second amino product during my afternoon workouts. I still feel Aminovide served its purpose based on my first week of use with it being my only amino source. The only time I really felt some DOMs was on the last week of Aminovide. I started to pick up my intensity for my workouts and noticed some DOMs that had not been present the prior weeks of use. It was nothing major but some noticeable up tick as compared to before.

This does not appear to be widely available yet as a Google search resulted in 3-4 stores carrying it on the first couple of search pages. I saw it anywhere from $34.95 - $39.95 for a 30 serving tub.

There is only one other vegetable sourced amino product that I would compare this too right now and it is similarly priced but does not provide for the Antioxidant support or hydration blend.

I would like to see the price come down to the $25-$30 range as most of the other all around aminos I use are priced at. This may happen once this product becomes more widely available and the process for making vegetable sourced aminos becomes more refined and widely used. Not a deal breaker at the current price but I would be more willing to regularly use it if priced a little lower, catch it on sale or pick it up with some discount codes.

Side Effects

None to report
 Pros:
 Cons:
  • Better Recovery
  • Excellent Taste
  • Good Endurance
  • Good Hydration
  • Great Profile

Thanks to Nature Restore for sending it out!

Always looking for something that can help with a little pick me up as I get older. As a father of 2 young kids, I don't feel that I have the energy to keep up with them so I'm looking for whatever I can find to help fight fatigue, improve my mood and keep energy levels elevated so I don't feel like I'm always telling my kids no when they want to do something. When Nature Restore posted a slew of their products for the TROOPERs, I saw Gotu and it peaked my interest as it is supposed to help with fatigue so I picked it up.

One ingredient ...

One ingredient - Gotu Kola, 500mg (Centella Asiatic, 10% triterpenes). From what Nature Restore posted about Gotu - research on gotu kola suggests that when consumed regularly one may experience a reduction in fatigue, anxiety, and depression. Furthermore, it may also improve memory and intelligence. As shown it may support mood, anxiety and fatigue as an incredible adaptogen and may induce collagen synthesis for youthful and elastic skin.

I picked this up mainly for the fatigue and anxiety aspects but reading up on this on Examine.com it seems to be best for cognitive enhancing however it takes a few weeks to kick in and unfortunately, I do not think one bottle was enough to achieve these benefits especially at the suggested doses.

Directions per posting on the TROOPer dashboard - 500mg per capsule, 90 capsules per bottle (1 month supply)

Directions per the bottle - Take one (1) capsule daily with a meal

Which one is it? I sent the rep a note but that went unanswered which ticked me off. If you are going to post products, then be involved until the review is up. Not responding could lead to under dosing and ineffective products which could end in a bad review. Sorry for the side rant but this is not the first time this has happened and it chaps my hide.

To answer the question - NEITHER dosing was effective for me. After checking this out on Examine, dosing for someone my size is anywhere from 2,900mg - 5,500 mg daily for cognitive enhancing effects. It does not that 500mg - 750mg twice daily should help with anxiety and enhanced mood but I did not see any effects at these dosages which I will further detail below.

I can say that I did enjoy this product once I found the proper dosage. After not getting a response from the rep and doing some minor research online, I started off with 3 pills (1,500mg) daily. I did this as when I did the minor research some websites noted liver toxicity at or above these levels. I then turned to Examine which did not note any clear studies that showed toxicity so after running Gotu at 3 pills a day for 2 weeks and not noticing anything I upped the dosage to 6 pills (3,000mg) a day spread throughout the day.

This is where I really started to notice this product working where I wanted it to. I noticed that my afternoons did not drag as much and I was not getting up for the afternoon cup of coffee. It did not make a huge difference in the way I felt but it was enough that I could through my afternoon without the coffee. I can't say that I noticed much of the other supposed effects (reduced anxiety, cognitive enhancement) from this product. They could have been there or it might be that I just needed a longer run of the product for it to really kick in and shine.

Looks like you can pick this up through Amazon for $12.95 for a 90 count supply or through Nature Restore's website fro $14.95 for a 90 count supply. This is a good value IF you can get the effects of the product at 1-3 pills a day. However, if you have to up the dose to 3,000mg a day then you are getting a 15-day supply. While this does not greatly devalue this product, it does make it a $1.00 a day per serving and I do not feel for the slight effects that I felt that it would be worth it. I think there are better products out there that you can get for a $1.00 a day in which your money would be better spent.

Side Effects

Conclusion

I think this is a good general health product that if properly dosed could provide some benefits. I would be interested to see how I would respond over a 2-3 month period using it but feel my money is better spent on other products that I know work and will provide benefits right away.
     Pros:
     Cons:
    • Reduced Fatigue

Thanks to AZÖTH for sending it out!

I just recently put together my own home gym and started working out twice a day. Strength stuff in the morning and hypertrophy work on my lunch hour. I started using Azoth about 1 week before doing this split and could tell it was going to be good. It definitely helped a lot at work when I started waking up early to get the morning workout in. Thanks to Azoth for participating in the TROOPs program.

This is the most comprehensive ingredient profile I have seen for a nootropic so far. And it is fully disclosed to boot! The few ingredients I noticed in here that made me want to try it were the DMHA and noopept. Of all the individual ingredient nootropics, I have found noopept to be the most effective for me so anything that has that I'm almost always game to try. For a comprehensive breakdown of all the ingredients, check out bctuthill's, htevans' review of Azoth, the Price Plow blog write up or Azoth's website.

1-3 pills every 1 to 2 days taken with a light meal containing healthy fats.
      I started with 2 pills my first go then used 3 every other day for the remainder of the pack. I used these Monday, Wednesday and Friday with the weekends off. I took these when I got to work and ate my breakfast which is usually around 7:30 -8:00 a.m.

WOW! What can I say? I found this to be an excellent product from the start. From the first day to the last, Azoth never let me down. After about an hour of taking it, my mental fog would start to lift and I would be more focused. That is when I eventually started working. HA! Being an accountant I do a lot of repetitive, tedious work so I procrastinate at times when I don't really want to do something. Azoth did not help with the procrastination but once I started working on something I would stay focused on it and finish it. The focus and clarity was definitely stronger than the energy effect in here. I still found myself drinking a cup of coffee or two with Azoth to help get some pep in my step. This has probably been the closest thing to Amp-C for me since that got banned. I was also in a better mood when taking this. Overall a more positive feeling of well-being and happiness.

I never did use this as a PWO but I always felt a little more jazzed up when I took a PWO or took my Skald on the same day that I took Azoth. Azoth states that this can be combined with other supplements to enhance the effects and boy does it. I always felt more energized and focused when combined with one of the two products I mentioned. Sometimes, I would feel overly energized and amped up and ready to go run around the office instead of sitting at my desk so be careful as to how much you take if combining it with other stimulant type supplements.

This might be placebo, but I also felt like there was some carry over effect for a day. Nothing like the day you took it but I still felt positive and happy. I wasn't nearly as focused but still had a mental clarity that seemed to stay with me. After not taking this for the last week, I definitely miss it.

Currently, I could only locate this through Azoth's website for $44.95. Not a great price but in no way a deal breaker for me as you are getting pharmaceutical grade ingredients at appropriate dosages. And it works! Sure, if you take the maximum amount, it only looks like a 10 day supply but directions state to take every 1-2 days so even taking the maximum 3 pills a day still gets you a 20-30 day supply. Azoth also provides deals (40% off / BOGO) every now and again on SR and there are some listed on Price Plow (although I'm not sure if they are still good or not). These deals definitely drop this down into a must buy for me. I would keep this on my must buy list once/or if the price ever comes down to around the $30 range.

Side Effects

Withdrawals. Lol! Azoth, how I miss thee so.

Conclusion

My only suggestion would be to also make a version with 100-150 mg of caffeine but am also not opposed to drink 1-2 cups of coffee with it on the side.
      Otherwise, this is one of the most effective nootropics I have taken since the sad day when Amp-C was banned. I see this as my go to nootropic from now on when in need of a good mental boost.
      • Lower Anxiety Levels
      • As Needed
      • Long Lasting
      • Increased Focus
      • Feeling Of Wellbening

Thanks to Sparta Nutrition for sending it out!

I decided to pick Kraken up because of the ingredient profile and also because I have seen nothing but good reviews for Sparta Nutrition's supplements. I have been following "The Best Damn Workout for Natural Lifters" from T-Nation for the last 2-3 months with pretty good results. Thanks to Sparta for participating in the TROOPs program.

Solid, well rounded ingredient profile that has effective doses that help deliver on the marketing claims. Not much else to note as Sparta Nutrition includes all the necessary ingredients that you would want for a product claiming it delivers focus, energy, pump and endurance. Plus it has DMHA! Kalans, Pancow, Vaughn and others have done a good job of breaking down the ingredient profile so check out their reviews for a more in-depth dive.

I did not request a flavor for this and was sent Sex on the Beach. I did not care for this at first but it eventually became tolerable. Sparta Nutrition seemed to pixie dust the flavor to try and mask the chemical taste from the ingredients. It wasn't a flavor I looked forward to drinking but it also was not anything that I did not want to drink. As long as the flavor is something I can at least tolerate, flavor is usually not a big deal to me.

True one scooper. Never used more. Never used less. Added 1 scoop to about 6-8 ounces of water and gave it a shake for 10 seconds or so. Most of it dissolved. Had a little settlement but I always tend to swirl my PWO before taking another drink if I set it down so by the time I finish it there is nothing in the bottom of the shaker.

I'm not quite as sold on this as others. Did it work? Yes! Did it work to the effect it did on the others that have reviewed it so far? No! This could be due to 2 things though. First, my adrenal system could be shot. My caffeine intake is upward of 600mg+ per day. Second, I used this after using the PWO Siren which had 75mg of DMAA in it. Going from a PWO with DMAA in it to a PWO with DMAA's ugly cousin might have had an impact on the overall effectiveness for me. With those 2 things out of the way, let's see how Kraken worked for me.

The first week I took this I thought it was worthless. Again, I think going from Siren to this had an impact on that. That first week I had no energy, it did not get me going for my workouts, I had some focus and some pump factor but the energy and focus just were what I was expecting from a PWO with the magnitude of the ingredient profile it boasts.

Weeks 2-4 I could tell there was some improvement. Focus and energy definitely picked up although it was nothing overpowering. Every time I took this both the energy and focus seemed smooth. It was nothing overpowering but at the same time I wanted more. I like that tunnel vision in the gym and this was no where near that. I was able to focus a little more but also found myself getting distracted between sets at times. Energy was usually just enough to get me going and power me through my workout but did not last much longer than that. I like a PWO that gets me going even when I am tired and do not want to go to the gym and this was not it; even though, I still had solid workouts on it when I felt like not being in the gym.
        I will also note that I take HBCDs during my workouts twice a week. With these added, the pumps were a lot more noticeable and almost approached painful at times. Definitely worth combining the two if you have the spare change to add some HBCDs to your intra workout cocktail.

Looking on Price Plow it looks like various online retailers sell Kraken from 32.89 to 34.99 pre-shipping cost. This is for 20 servings. Normally I tend to stick to around $1 per serving for my PWO but the older and more knowledgeable I get I have also been looking for supplements with quality ingredients from reputable companies. When I know I am getting a quality supplement from a reputable brand, I am more inclined to pay a little more. I won't go crazy and overspend but this is in a reasonable price range for me that I would be willing to spend my money on.

Side Effects

Slight lethargy after a couple of hours but nothing to note other than that.

Conclusion

Overall I kind of had mixed feelings on this. There were times I enjoyed it. There were times I felt like I needed a little more of a boost. I think it is a quality PWO that may get a second chance once I reset my adrenal system and have not had a PWO with DMAA in it before taking it.
         Pros:
         Cons:
        • Fully Transparent
        • Clinically Dosed
        • Crash Afterwards

Thanks to Nutrex for sending it out!

My wife and I recently hire a "nutritionist" to help us lose some weight. I saw this posted about the same time and decided to pick it up to help with the weight loss. Not sure how much this helped as our diets were completely overhauled but I'm sure it contributed some to the decrease on the scale. Thanks to Nutrex for participating in the TROOPs program and sending this out.

Nutrex describes Lipo 6 - Ultra as "Our latest innovation takes fat burning to the absolute extreme. The all new Lipo-6 effects are absolutely INTENSE! They can be felt in minutes and are long-lasting. Just one single pill will give you the strongest, most comprehensive weight loss support, intense energy and maximum appetite control. With LIPO-6 BLACK INTENSE ULTRA CONCENTRATE we have pushed the envelope further than ever before!"

Nutrex markets Lipo 6 as an intense one pill only fat burner that takes fat burning to the absolute extreme. It is a powerful thermogenic metabolizer with intense energy and maximum appetite control. It is supposed to increase your body's temperature and raise your metabolism, helping to burn more calories and assist with fat loss.

One big 'ol fat prop blend of 653.5mg of 7 different ingredients. This normally does not bug me but there are 3 ingredients in here that I would prefer to see the individual doses. The first being the two types of caffeine (citrate and anhydrous). The second is the Yohimbine HCL. I tend to use a lot of caffeine so knowing how much is in here helps me know if I might want to have my morning cup of coffee or not or take another pill in the afternoon after my PWO wears off.

The other 4 ingredients in here are N-Acetyl-L-Tyrosene, Theacrine, Advantra Z Citrus Aurantium, and Rauwolscine.

Black capsules. No taste. No mixing. I took one pill in the morning on my work out days and that was it because I would down my PWO around noon on those days. On days I did cardio or did not go to the gym I took one pill when I woke up and a second pill sometime between 12-3 p.m.

This is advertised on the box as "one pill only" so I was thinking I was getting a 60 day supply, but I was wrong. Directions on the back state to take 1 in the morning and 1 in the afternoon but to never exceed 2 pills a day. One pill may work for some folks but I feel the "one pill only" on the box is misleading.

This is the hard part for me. My diet changed fairly drastically about the time I started taking this that I am not sure how effective it was at helping me burn fat. I'm sure it contributed to some of the 14 lb. decrease I had over the 6 weeks. Could I say it was all this little black pill though? Probably not.

Did it work as a thermongenic? Definitely! Every time I took a pill I would notice my ears get a little hotter about 30 minutes to 1 hour later so I knew it was working in that department.

Did it provide me with intense energy? This one is debatable for me. On the one hand, it gave me a nice little pick me up for a couple of hours but once it wore off I would be back to the coffee machine. There were even times I still felt like I needed a cup of coffee even after a pill. Contrast that to know where I have started taking Skald again and I do not seem to have that issue or even feel lacking in energy to go get a cup of coffee in the mornings.

Maximum appetite control? Negative. Nutrex states maximum appetite control on one hand but then in the "About" section of the TROOPs listing say it is "supposed to increase your body's temperature and raise your metabolism, helping to burn more calories and assist with fat loss." Those 2 (appetite control and raising your metabolism) seem contradictory to me. I will definitely say that my appetite was not suppressed. Even on a restricted calorie diet, I was always hungry and ready to eat which helps support the raising my metabolism claim, but why would I want that when I'm trying to shed fat and eat less foods?

Had trouble finding this anywhere as it does not seem to be widely available, released yet or out of stock everywhere. Prices I saw it for where it was available ranged from 59.99 - 69.99. I saw other prices for it from 29.99 - 39.99 but none of those websites had it in stock. At any of these prices especially the higher end prices I would have a hard time paying for this product when I know there are better more effective products on the shelf.

Side Effects

No negative side effects to report.

Conclusion

Decent product that hit in some areas but missed in others. I would have a hard time buying this again especially at the prices I found it in stock for.
         Cons:

Thanks to Savage Supplements for sending it out!

I picked this up after noticing the inclusion of DMAA in the ingredients and wanted to see how it compared to the other DMAA PWO I have on hand and have been using over the past couple of years. The other pluses I noted about this were the fully disclosed label for a company I had never heard of or seen before and the fact that it has pretty much everything you want in it for a PWO, well at least for me anyway.

I want to thank Savage Supplements for their patience with me on this. I have only been pushing weights 3 days a week sometimes 4 and I also work a 9/80 schedule so I have forgotten to bring this home on some of my Fridays off. This resulted in a longer period of use and a longer wait time than most for a review.

Solid profile that hits on all fronts and includes DMAA. All the usual suspects (Beta Alanine, Agmatine Sulfate, Caffeine, Betaine, plus others) you would want for a product claiming "STRENGTH, ENDURANCE, FOCUS AND MASSIVE PUMP!" All seem to be dosed within recommended ranges and come together to produce a product that is consistent and effective. The caffeine is dosed higher, 300mg, for us stim junkies and works well in combo with the DMAA.

I was unaware what flavor I would receive when I grabbed this on the TROOP dashboard. I opened the box and saw the flavor was Blackberry Lemonade. My initial thought was that it was going to be awful because I did not see these two going together but was I wrong. First taste to last taste I enjoyed this every time. I did not feel it was overly sweet or tart. You definitely get more of the blackberry flavoring with the subtleness of the lemonade in the background.

No issues with mixability. Give it a good 10 second shake in your bottle and it dissolves pretty well. I don't slam most of these down so when I do take another sip I usually swirl my bottle to get any settlement. By the time I drank the serving nothing was sitting at the bottom of the shaker cup.
        True one scooper. Never did less, never felt like I needed more.

This is truly where the product shined for me in regards to what I use a PWO for which is usually energy and focus. It never seemed to fail and the effectiveness did not decrease as I neared the end of the tub. There were days when I was a little lethargic and was not mentally into working out. I would take this and still feel that way 30 minutes or so later. I would just not be mentally in it. But then I noticed as I started to work out, my drive and focus came to and I usually had a really good workout for not wanting to workout at all. The days I was already feeling good and had a desire to get in the gym Siren just amped me up all the more. Concentration and energy to fuel me through my workout and crush some weights.
        Pump was decent but nothing overwhelming. I noticed when I added another .5-1 gram of Agmatine that the pump was more noticeable. I did notice my veins trying to pop out with or without the Agmatime but they were definitely more noticeable with it.

Looks like the only place you can currently pick this up is through the Savage Supplements website and it goes for $49.99. Once this gets more widely available, I would expect the price to come down. I could see it being priced around $34.99 which I believe is what APS Mesomorph is priced at although you only get 25 servings of that and Siren is a 30 serving PWO. Also, if you watch the deals section, I have noticed Savage offering 10%-20% off codes to bring the price down on this. I have no problem paying in the $30 - $40 range for a quality product such as this. I will be using this again once my PWO stash runs out.

Side Effects

As McGilla mentioned, with DMAA can come DMAA crash. Now this did not hit me every time (maybe about 20-25% of the time) but when it did it was awful. I would sit at my desk doing the head bob in the afternoon. Not even coffee could help me when it hit that hard.

Conclusion

Solid PWO that delivered consistent results every workout. Definitely one I will be picking up again!
         Pros:
         Cons:
        • Good Focus
        • Endurance
        • Tastes Good
        • Bit Expensive
        • Makes Me Sleepy Sleepy

Thanks to MitoXcell for sending it out!

Decided to give this a try purely on the manufacturer's description of the product "Get energy. Elevate endurance. Boost metabolism. Recover fast. MitoXcell has the perfect blend of "The Big 5" (ingredients below). When mixed together, it creates a unique superfood blend that is clinically proven to strengthen your mitochondria and builds more endurance."

I'm a 36 year old male and my main source of energy anytime I need a boost throughout the day is caffeine. This seemed like a product worth trying that could maybe help provide more of a natural energy boost throughout the day and me not having to rely so much on caffeine.
        Thanks to MitoXcell for participating in the TROOPs program and giving us a chance to try their products.

Wording from MitoXcell Superfood posting

"What are the "Big 5?"
        The result of over 15 years of clinical research, MitoXcell is a perfectly balanced formula of five natural ingredients proven to increase and strengthen your mitochondria: organic raw cacao, echinacea, alpha-lipoic acid, l-carnitine, and trans-resveratrol. Together, these "Big 5" ingredients work to optimize your cells' abilities to function at rates that lead to your increased performance. With new, optimized cells, your body is now able to burn fuel more efficiently, perform longer, and recover faster.

Why mitochondrial support?
        Your mitochondria are the power plants of your cells. These tiny factories communicate with your cells' nuclei to convert the food you eat and the air you breathe into the energy you need. Inevitably, though, that communication breaks down and when that happens, your aging accelerates and energy transfer is disrupted. But it doesn't have to be this way! A daily dose of MitoXcell is clinically proven to fortify your mitochondria and counteract this otherwise unavoidable biological breakdown.

Increase your overall health, endurance, energy, and boost your metabolism with The Original MitoXCell formula."

Dosing - Serving size per the label states 2 tsp and about 57 servings per container but then it provides a serving recommendation based on bodyweight - 1 tsp (100-150 lbs); 2 tsp (150-200 lbs); 3 tsp (200-250 lbs); 4 tsp (250+ lbs). I fell into the 3 tsp serving size and this is what I stuck with throughout.

Taste - Not great. If any of you have tasted straight cacao powder before, it tastes the same. Slight chocolate flavor to it but also bitter taste. Even mixing it in my protein shakes which I did most of the time did not mask the bitter flavor of the powder.

Mixability - poor. No matter what type of shaker bottle I would use there would always be some clumping to it. Seems like the only way to possibly get it to fully blend would be with and immersion blender or in a blender.

Not sure it worked on all fronts as advertised but it can be hard to tell with products like these. The one thing I did notice right away was a slight increase in energy. It wasn't anything overwhelming, but there were days I probably could have passed on my morning coffee if I wanted to (guess I'm a slight addict when it comes to this).

The other thing it may help with is counteracting an otherwise unavoidable biological breakdown. At one point while taking this, I felt like I was getting a sinus infection. The symptoms ended up being on slight to moderate and the feeling went away after 2 days. Was it due to this? Might have been but not sure because about 2 weeks later, I ended up getting sick. Not sure with what (bacteria or virus) but had a real bad scratchy throat and body aches. No fever though. There is the chance MitoXcell helped prevent the less severe symptoms but could not just fight off the more extreme or full blown sickness that came over me.

I can't say I noticed any difference in my endurance or recovery with or without MitoXcell. Metabolism I'm not going to comment on because I am currently cutting and in a calorie deficit so I am hungry all the time anyway and couldn't tell you if this had any effect on it.

$39.99 at MitoXcell and Amazon for an 8 oz serving. Mixed feelings on this as it seemed to keep away one bout of sickness and did not help with a second. Overall not a bad price point, if you get 6-8 weeks out of it like I did. I also tried to price this out buying the ingredients on their own and putting it together but it turned out to be a much more expensive doing it that way.

Side Effects

Slight increase in natural energy. Possibly helps ward off sickness. No negative side effects to report.

Conclusion

I feel this is a quality general health and wellness product that is worth picking up. It might not deliver on everything it is marketed for for all people but it delivered enough benefits for me where I will be buying it occasionally going forward.
         Pros:
         Cons:
        • Improved Energy Production
        • Many Uses
        • May Help Ward Off Sickness
        • Bitter Taste
        • Bad Mixability

Thanks to Enzo Nutrition for sending it out!

Thanks to Enzo Nutrition for participating in the TROOPs program. I am normally not one to pick up PWO through the TROOPs as I stocked up on some a couple of years ago and still have 4-5 PWOs in my deep freeze. The profile for Alpha-EX caught my eye though so I thought I would give it a try.

I switched over to DC training at the beginning of June as it was a program I felt fit my schedule and hoped it would give me that little mental push that I seemed to be missing in the gym. I got Alapha-EX a couple of weeks into DC training and was not disappointed with it. It gave me that little boost and extra mental drive to complete some extra reps and push through the set and rep schemes laid out in DC.

Nothing out of the ordinary ingredient wise. It is a solid profile that is broken out into different categories with each category fully disclosed. I am starting to prefer to see ingredient profiles like this (broken out by category) even if they aren't fully disclosed. I really keyed in on the Nootropic Focus & Drive Amplifier category and the Adrenaline & Energy Complex category when I was trying to decide if I wanted to give this a shot. These are the two main things (energy and focus) I enjoy in a PWO and I felt Alpha-EX had a solid profile for each even though I felt the caffeine was a bit on the lighter side for me (250mg). The other categories on the label are a Pump & Cell Volumizer, Strength & Endurance Matrix, and Absorption Enhancer.

Currently the only flavor for Alpha-EX is bozzleberry. I saw that and the only thing I could think about was Super Troopers, "these snozzberries taste like snozzberries." I did not know what to think about the flavor. It is a little tart and berry-ish but could not really put a finger on an exact taste to relate it to. It was somewhat under whelming but not a flavor I was completely turned off to. Not something I looked forward to each time but not something I was completely dreading either.

A full serving size was 2 scoops with the container having 20 servings. I dosed it at 2 scoops throughout and got about 7-8 weeks of use out of it. I only used this on my weight lifting days which is 3 days a week with DC training.

Mixability was not that great but was not poor either. I would usually mix it in about 8 oz of water as I do not like to get water logged before working out. I would shake vigorously for about 10 seconds but would always have some settling. More water probably could have solved. Settling is not usually a big issue for me though as I have a habit of swirling my shaker cup before taking a drink. This would usually stir it up enough to where by the time I got to the last drink there was minimal if any left in the shaker cup.

Enzo Nutrition came to the market with a solid product that provided consistent results throughout the use of the product. This really hit me the first week I took it. I had an intense focus and just enough energy in the gym to carry me through my workout. I really started to dread the widowmaker sets (20 rep) for front squats, squats and leg press I was doing as part of the DC program. Alpha-Ex helped me get focused and my mind set right to be able to power through these reps even when they started to get tough and I was wanting to quit. The energy for me was not overpowering and was just enough to get me going and keep me going most workouts. The 250 mg of caffeine in Alpha-Ex will work for most people but I wanted a little more.

People may shun away from this product based on the price. 20 servings for $35.99 through the Enzo Nutrition website. Tack on tax and shipping and it raises it up to $45. You can also pick it up through Amazon which I would assume would be free shipping if you have Amazon Prime. I would recommend you pick it up through Amazon if you have Prime or wait from some kind of sale. With the shipping and tax, it makes it hard even for me to want to buy another tub but it was a solid performer that I would not have a problem spending the extra money on occasion.

Side Effects

Nothing negative to report.

Conclusion

Enzo Nutrition brought their A game when bringing this PWO to market. It is a consistent performer with solid ingredients and a fully disclosed label. It would be nice to see another version with the caffeine upped to 350-400mg for us stim junkies but not something that will make me shy away from this product for future use.
         Pros:
         Cons:
        • Focus
        • Mood

Thanks to NooWave Supplement Co. for sending it out!
        NooWave is a new company in the wonderfully crowded supplement industry and I was a little hesitant to grab this at first as they did not have a website up and running when this was posted to SR for the Troops. However, if you read my prior reviews, you know I am on a quest to find a replacement for Amp-C so I went ahead and grabbed this to see if it would work as a replacement. While I was not completely let down with it, it was not anywhere near Amp-C. I appreciate NooWave participating in the TROOP program. It is always a risky venture for a new company with a new product to have it reviewed in an honest and unbiased manner.

What is the High Performer? NooWave states on their website (up and going now) and in the "Mfr's Description" of the TROOP fields that "The High Performer is a cognitive enhancing stack that was designed to provide you with some of the most cutting edge ingredients in efficacious dosages, that work synergistically to help give you the discipline, focus and motivation to dominate whatever is thrown your way. The High Performer takes all of the guesswork out of advanced nootropic supplementation. Whether you need to zone out and study for exams, bury yourself in spreadsheets in order to meet a project deadline, dominate opponents in your next gaming session, develop code for the next big app, show those weights who's boss in the gym, or just need something to give you that added boost of focus and concentration. The High Performer may be your new best friend. The High Performer is not for the faint of heart though. Lean on this stack only when you really need to bury yourself in work and shut out distractions. Extreme users who are willing to push themselves to the edge will experience and appreciate the profound effects of this supplement."
        No prop blends here. NooWave states on their website, "Gone are the days of under dosed, over-priced, and incomplete formulas that require you to incrementally "stack" aka buy more product to round out a proper supplementation experience. Oh, and forget about those formulas laden with proprietary blends; you deserve to know exactly what you are putting into your body and how much of it, so you will be pleased to see a fully disclosed ingredient profile on ALL NooWave products. It is our undertaking, our commitment to you, to never compromise on the quality, the dosage, or the delivery of the supplementation we offer."

Ingredients
        I picked this up mainly due to the inclusion of Noopept as that has always been a decent nootropic for me when combined with some caffeine. While I was halfway familiar with some of the other ingredients, the two others that intrigued me were NALT and Alpha GPC. This also contained 200mg of caffeine for a little pick me up.

The benefits of NALT include stress release, a boost in mood, improved cognition, and reduced mental fatigue.
        Alpha GPC (from Examine.com) - "Oral supplementation of alpha-GPC is of interest for nootropic purposes, as it appears to have cognitive-enhancing properties (no human evidence exists to support this in otherwise-healthy youth, but it does have support in rodents) and attenuate the rate of cognitive decline in the elderly."

From the bottle, "For optimal mental performance, consume 4 capsules with a fat source i.e., fish oil, or after a light meal." I used this in multiple ways (empty stomach, with meal, with just fish oil) to try and find the best result but it always seemed to work best with a fat source.

I no longer have high hopes for these products after being let down by so many but was not completely crushed by this one as I have been with others. It worked fairly decently with the few exceptions I was just worn down and out and it did not seem to have any effect whatsoever. I started taking this first thing in the morning after waking up (5 am-ish). First on an empty stomach, then with fish oil. I found it to be decent in the mornings at providing me a little pep and better focused mind but found it winding down by the time I got to work around 7 - 7:30 a.m. I decided after about a week to start taking it post workout (2-3 p.m). This seemed to work better for me as I usually come back to the office from my workout not really motivated or wanting to do anything for the rest of the afternoon. I would still feel like that until the High Performer started kicking in 45 - 60 minutes later. I would then start to feel focused and have a little energy from the small amount of caffeine in this product. It was nothing over whelming but usually enough to get my butt in gear to be able to put some effort forth for the rest of the afternoon at work. I usually found the effects only seemed to last a couple of hours and did not notice any change to my mood while on it. Be sure to read Gkeezy's review if you have not as he seemed to have some better results than I did.

Pricing
        Ouch! This one will set you back and I only found it available on NooWave's website $69.95 for 30 servings or save 10% and sign up for the automatic renewal. It seems that this is a steep price and it is but with all the ingredients in there it is somewhat justified (even though I would not pay it). I say this as I tried to create my own stack buying the ingredients individually. Based on a dollar per serving of the High Performer to creating my own it came out that the High Performer was about $1.20 cheaper per serving. However, my current go to for nootropics is LGI's Boosted which you can get for $19.95 for 45 servings so I would not and could not justify this based on that price when I have found one that works better for a fraction of the cost. The NooWave rep did note on Gkeezy's review that they are offering $10 off for SR folks right now and that the price should come down as they grow the brand and scale. Personally, I would give this a look again if it was around the $30 range.

Overall
        Not much else to say about this. Decent product with a high price tag since it is new to the market. You may have more favorable results, such as Gkeezy, to where this product is worth a try and go-to for you once the price comes down.
         Pros:
         Cons:
        • Concentration
        • Increase Focus