Parasite

SR TROOPer

• Member has been active for 6 years, and was last online today
  • Social media account not linked

Reviews by Parasite

(Thanks to Sparta Nutrition for sending it out!)
----Introduction----
I decided to pick Kraken up because of the ingredient profile and also because I have seen nothing but good reviews for Sparta Nutrition's supplements. I have been following "The Best Damn Workout for Natural Lifters" from T-Nation for the last 2-3 months with pretty good results. Thanks to Sparta for participating in the TROOPs program.

----Ingredient Profile----
Solid, well rounded ingredient profile that has effective doses that help deliver on the marketing claims. Not much else to note as Sparta Nutrition includes all the necessary ingredients that you would want for a product claiming it delivers focus, energy, pump and endurance. Plus it has DMHA! Kalans, Pancow, Vaughn and others have done a good job of breaking down the ingredient profile so check out their reviews for a more in-depth dive.

----Taste/Mixability/Dosing----
I did not request a flavor for this and was sent Sex on the Beach. I did not care for this at first but it eventually became tolerable. Sparta Nutrition seemed to pixie dust the flavor to try and mask the chemical taste from the ingredients. It wasn't a flavor I looked forward to drinking but it also was not anything that I did not want to drink. As long as the flavor is something I can at least tolerate, flavor is usually not a big deal to me.

True one scooper. Never used more. Never used less. Added 1 scoop to about 6-8 ounces of water and gave it a shake for 10 seconds or so. Most of it dissolved. Had a little settlement but I always tend to swirl my PWO before taking another drink if I set it down so by the time I finish it there is nothing in the bottom of the shaker.

----Effectiveness----
I'm not quite as sold on this as others. Did it work? Yes! Did it work to the effect it did on the others that have reviewed it so far? No! This could be due to 2 things though. First, my adrenal system could be shot. My caffeine intake is upward of 600mg+ per day. Second, I used this after using the PWO Siren which had 75mg of DMAA in it. Going from a PWO with DMAA in it to a PWO with DMAA's ugly cousin might have had an impact on the overall effectiveness for me. With those 2 things out of the way, let's see how Kraken worked for me.

The first week I took this I thought it was worthless. Again, I think going from Siren to this had an impact on that. That first week I had no energy, it did not get me going for my workouts, I had some focus and some pump factor but the energy and focus just were what I was expecting from a PWO with the magnitude of the ingredient profile it boasts.

Weeks 2-4 I could tell there was some improvement. Focus and energy definitely picked up although it was nothing overpowering. Every time I took this both the energy and focus seemed smooth. It was nothing overpowering but at the same time I wanted more. I like that tunnel vision in the gym and this was no where near that. I was able to focus a little more but also found myself getting distracted between sets at times. Energy was usually just enough to get me going and power me through my workout but did not last much longer than that. I like a PWO that gets me going even when I am tired and do not want to go to the gym and this was not it; even though, I still had solid workouts on it when I felt like not being in the gym.
I will also note that I take HBCDs during my workouts twice a week. With these added, the pumps were a lot more noticeable and almost approached painful at times. Definitely worth combining the two if you have the spare change to add some HBCDs to your intra workout cocktail.

----Value----
Looking on Price Plow it looks like various online retailers sell Kraken from 32.89 to 34.99 pre-shipping cost. This is for 20 servings. Normally I tend to stick to around $1 per serving for my PWO but the older and more knowledgeable I get I have also been looking for supplements with quality ingredients from reputable companies. When I know I am getting a quality supplement from a reputable brand, I am more inclined to pay a little more. I won't go crazy and overspend but this is in a reasonable price range for me that I would be willing to spend my money on.

----Side Effects----
Slight lethargy after a couple of hours but nothing to note other than that.

----Conclusion----
Overall I kind of had mixed feelings on this. There were times I enjoyed it. There were times I felt like I needed a little more of a boost. I think it is a quality PWO that may get a second chance once I reset my adrenal system and have not had a PWO with DMAA in it before taking it.
 Pros:
 Cons:
  • Fully Transparent
  • Clinically Dosed
  • Crash Afterwards

(Thanks to Nutrex for sending it out!)
----Introduction----

My wife and I recently hire a "nutritionist" to help us lose some weight. I saw this posted about the same time and decided to pick it up to help with the weight loss. Not sure how much this helped as our diets were completely overhauled but I'm sure it contributed some to the decrease on the scale. Thanks to Nutrex for participating in the TROOPs program and sending this out.

----Introduction----

Nutrex describes Lipo 6 - Ultra as "Our latest innovation takes fat burning to the absolute extreme. The all new Lipo-6 effects are absolutely INTENSE! They can be felt in minutes and are long-lasting. Just one single pill will give you the strongest, most comprehensive weight loss support, intense energy and maximum appetite control. With LIPO-6 BLACK INTENSE ULTRA CONCENTRATE we have pushed the envelope further than ever before!"

Nutrex markets Lipo 6 as an intense one pill only fat burner that takes fat burning to the absolute extreme. It is a powerful thermogenic metabolizer with intense energy and maximum appetite control. It is supposed to increase your body's temperature and raise your metabolism, helping to burn more calories and assist with fat loss.

----Ingredient Profile----

One big 'ol fat prop blend of 653.5mg of 7 different ingredients. This normally does not bug me but there are 3 ingredients in here that I would prefer to see the individual doses. The first being the two types of caffeine (citrate and anhydrous). The second is the Yohimbine HCL. I tend to use a lot of caffeine so knowing how much is in here helps me know if I might want to have my morning cup of coffee or not or take another pill in the afternoon after my PWO wears off.

The other 4 ingredients in here are N-Acetyl-L-Tyrosene, Theacrine, Advantra Z Citrus Aurantium, and Rauwolscine.
----Taste/Mixability/Dosing----

Black capsules. No taste. No mixing. I took one pill in the morning on my work out days and that was it because I would down my PWO around noon on those days. On days I did cardio or did not go to the gym I took one pill when I woke up and a second pill sometime between 12-3 p.m.

This is advertised on the box as "one pill only" so I was thinking I was getting a 60 day supply, but I was wrong. Directions on the back state to take 1 in the morning and 1 in the afternoon but to never exceed 2 pills a day. One pill may work for some folks but I feel the "one pill only" on the box is misleading.

----Effectiveness----

This is the hard part for me. My diet changed fairly drastically about the time I started taking this that I am not sure how effective it was at helping me burn fat. I'm sure it contributed to some of the 14 lb. decrease I had over the 6 weeks. Could I say it was all this little black pill though? Probably not.

Did it work as a thermongenic? Definitely! Every time I took a pill I would notice my ears get a little hotter about 30 minutes to 1 hour later so I knew it was working in that department.

Did it provide me with intense energy? This one is debatable for me. On the one hand, it gave me a nice little pick me up for a couple of hours but once it wore off I would be back to the coffee machine. There were even times I still felt like I needed a cup of coffee even after a pill. Contrast that to know where I have started taking Skald again and I do not seem to have that issue or even feel lacking in energy to go get a cup of coffee in the mornings.

Maximum appetite control? Negative. Nutrex states maximum appetite control on one hand but then in the "About" section of the TROOPs listing say it is "supposed to increase your body's temperature and raise your metabolism, helping to burn more calories and assist with fat loss." Those 2 (appetite control and raising your metabolism) seem contradictory to me. I will definitely say that my appetite was not suppressed. Even on a restricted calorie diet, I was always hungry and ready to eat which helps support the raising my metabolism claim, but why would I want that when I'm trying to shed fat and eat less foods?

----Value----

Had trouble finding this anywhere as it does not seem to be widely available, released yet or out of stock everywhere. Prices I saw it for where it was available ranged from 59.99 - 69.99. I saw other prices for it from 29.99 - 39.99 but none of those websites had it in stock. At any of these prices especially the higher end prices I would have a hard time paying for this product when I know there are better more effective products on the shelf.

----Side Effects----

No negative side effects to report.

----Conclusion----

Decent product that hit in some areas but missed in others. I would have a hard time buying this again especially at the prices I found it in stock for.
 Cons:

(Thanks to Savage Supplements for sending it out!)
----Introduction----

I picked this up after noticing the inclusion of DMAA in the ingredients and wanted to see how it compared to the other DMAA PWO I have on hand and have been using over the past couple of years. The other pluses I noted about this were the fully disclosed label for a company I had never heard of or seen before and the fact that it has pretty much everything you want in it for a PWO, well at least for me anyway.
----Introduction----

I want to thank Savage Supplements for their patience with me on this. I have only been pushing weights 3 days a week sometimes 4 and I also work a 9/80 schedule so I have forgotten to bring this home on some of my Fridays off. This resulted in a longer period of use and a longer wait time than most for a review.

----Ingredient Profile----

Solid profile that hits on all fronts and includes DMAA. All the usual suspects (Beta Alanine, Agmatine Sulfate, Caffeine, Betaine, plus others) you would want for a product claiming "STRENGTH, ENDURANCE, FOCUS AND MASSIVE PUMP!" All seem to be dosed within recommended ranges and come together to produce a product that is consistent and effective. The caffeine is dosed higher, 300mg, for us stim junkies and works well in combo with the DMAA.

----Taste/Mixability/Dosing----

I was unaware what flavor I would receive when I grabbed this on the TROOP dashboard. I opened the box and saw the flavor was Blackberry Lemonade. My initial thought was that it was going to be awful because I did not see these two going together but was I wrong. First taste to last taste I enjoyed this every time. I did not feel it was overly sweet or tart. You definitely get more of the blackberry flavoring with the subtleness of the lemonade in the background.

No issues with mixability. Give it a good 10 second shake in your bottle and it dissolves pretty well. I don't slam most of these down so when I do take another sip I usually swirl my bottle to get any settlement. By the time I drank the serving nothing was sitting at the bottom of the shaker cup.
True one scooper. Never did less, never felt like I needed more.

----Effectiveness----

This is truly where the product shined for me in regards to what I use a PWO for which is usually energy and focus. It never seemed to fail and the effectiveness did not decrease as I neared the end of the tub. There were days when I was a little lethargic and was not mentally into working out. I would take this and still feel that way 30 minutes or so later. I would just not be mentally in it. But then I noticed as I started to work out, my drive and focus came to and I usually had a really good workout for not wanting to workout at all. The days I was already feeling good and had a desire to get in the gym Siren just amped me up all the more. Concentration and energy to fuel me through my workout and crush some weights.
Pump was decent but nothing overwhelming. I noticed when I added another .5-1 gram of Agmatine that the pump was more noticeable. I did notice my veins trying to pop out with or without the Agmatime but they were definitely more noticeable with it.

----Value----

Looks like the only place you can currently pick this up is through the Savage Supplements website and it goes for $49.99. Once this gets more widely available, I would expect the price to come down. I could see it being priced around $34.99 which I believe is what APS Mesomorph is priced at although you only get 25 servings of that and Siren is a 30 serving PWO. Also, if you watch the deals section, I have noticed Savage offering 10%-20% off codes to bring the price down on this. I have no problem paying in the $30 - $40 range for a quality product such as this. I will be using this again once my PWO stash runs out.

----Side Effects----

As McGilla mentioned, with DMAA can come DMAA crash. Now this did not hit me every time (maybe about 20-25% of the time) but when it did it was awful. I would sit at my desk doing the head bob in the afternoon. Not even coffee could help me when it hit that hard.

----Conclusion----

Solid PWO that delivered consistent results every workout. Definitely one I will be picking up again!
 Pros:
 Cons:
  • Good Focus
  • Endurance
  • Tastes Good
  • Bit Expensive
  • Makes Me Sleepy Sleepy

(Thanks to MitoXcell for sending it out!)
----Introduction----

Decided to give this a try purely on the manufacturer's description of the product "Get energy. Elevate endurance. Boost metabolism. Recover fast. MitoXcell has the perfect blend of "The Big 5" (ingredients below). When mixed together, it creates a unique superfood blend that is clinically proven to strengthen your mitochondria and builds more endurance."

----Introduction----

I'm a 36 year old male and my main source of energy anytime I need a boost throughout the day is caffeine. This seemed like a product worth trying that could maybe help provide more of a natural energy boost throughout the day and me not having to rely so much on caffeine.
Thanks to MitoXcell for participating in the TROOPs program and giving us a chance to try their products.

Wording from MitoXcell Superfood posting

"What are the "Big 5?"
The result of over 15 years of clinical research, MitoXcell is a perfectly balanced formula of five natural ingredients proven to increase and strengthen your mitochondria: organic raw cacao, echinacea, alpha-lipoic acid, l-carnitine, and trans-resveratrol. Together, these "Big 5" ingredients work to optimize your cells' abilities to function at rates that lead to your increased performance. With new, optimized cells, your body is now able to burn fuel more efficiently, perform longer, and recover faster.

Why mitochondrial support?
Your mitochondria are the power plants of your cells. These tiny factories communicate with your cells' nuclei to convert the food you eat and the air you breathe into the energy you need. Inevitably, though, that communication breaks down and when that happens, your aging accelerates and energy transfer is disrupted. But it doesn't have to be this way! A daily dose of MitoXcell is clinically proven to fortify your mitochondria and counteract this otherwise unavoidable biological breakdown.

Increase your overall health, endurance, energy, and boost your metabolism with The Original MitoXCell formula."

----Taste/Mixability/Dosing----

Dosing - Serving size per the label states 2 tsp and about 57 servings per container but then it provides a serving recommendation based on bodyweight - 1 tsp (100-150 lbs); 2 tsp (150-200 lbs); 3 tsp (200-250 lbs); 4 tsp (250+ lbs). I fell into the 3 tsp serving size and this is what I stuck with throughout.

Taste - Not great. If any of you have tasted straight cacao powder before, it tastes the same. Slight chocolate flavor to it but also bitter taste. Even mixing it in my protein shakes which I did most of the time did not mask the bitter flavor of the powder.

Mixability - poor. No matter what type of shaker bottle I would use there would always be some clumping to it. Seems like the only way to possibly get it to fully blend would be with and immersion blender or in a blender.

----Effectiveness----

Not sure it worked on all fronts as advertised but it can be hard to tell with products like these. The one thing I did notice right away was a slight increase in energy. It wasn't anything overwhelming, but there were days I probably could have passed on my morning coffee if I wanted to (guess I'm a slight addict when it comes to this).

The other thing it may help with is counteracting an otherwise unavoidable biological breakdown. At one point while taking this, I felt like I was getting a sinus infection. The symptoms ended up being on slight to moderate and the feeling went away after 2 days. Was it due to this? Might have been but not sure because about 2 weeks later, I ended up getting sick. Not sure with what (bacteria or virus) but had a real bad scratchy throat and body aches. No fever though. There is the chance MitoXcell helped prevent the less severe symptoms but could not just fight off the more extreme or full blown sickness that came over me.

I can't say I noticed any difference in my endurance or recovery with or without MitoXcell. Metabolism I'm not going to comment on because I am currently cutting and in a calorie deficit so I am hungry all the time anyway and couldn't tell you if this had any effect on it.

----Value----

$39.99 at MitoXcell and Amazon for an 8 oz serving. Mixed feelings on this as it seemed to keep away one bout of sickness and did not help with a second. Overall not a bad price point, if you get 6-8 weeks out of it like I did. I also tried to price this out buying the ingredients on their own and putting it together but it turned out to be a much more expensive doing it that way.

----Side Effects----

Slight increase in natural energy. Possibly helps ward off sickness. No negative side effects to report.

----Conclusion----

I feel this is a quality general health and wellness product that is worth picking up. It might not deliver on everything it is marketed for for all people but it delivered enough benefits for me where I will be buying it occasionally going forward.
 Pros:
 Cons:
  • Improved Energy Production
  • Many Uses
  • May Help Ward Off Sickness
  • Bitter Taste
  • Bad Mixability

(Thanks to Enzo Nutrition for sending it out!)
----Introduction----

Thanks to Enzo Nutrition for participating in the TROOPs program. I am normally not one to pick up PWO through the TROOPs as I stocked up on some a couple of years ago and still have 4-5 PWOs in my deep freeze. The profile for Alpha-EX caught my eye though so I thought I would give it a try.
----Introduction----

I switched over to DC training at the beginning of June as it was a program I felt fit my schedule and hoped it would give me that little mental push that I seemed to be missing in the gym. I got Alapha-EX a couple of weeks into DC training and was not disappointed with it. It gave me that little boost and extra mental drive to complete some extra reps and push through the set and rep schemes laid out in DC.

----Ingredient Profile----

Nothing out of the ordinary ingredient wise. It is a solid profile that is broken out into different categories with each category fully disclosed. I am starting to prefer to see ingredient profiles like this (broken out by category) even if they aren't fully disclosed. I really keyed in on the Nootropic Focus & Drive Amplifier category and the Adrenaline & Energy Complex category when I was trying to decide if I wanted to give this a shot. These are the two main things (energy and focus) I enjoy in a PWO and I felt Alpha-EX had a solid profile for each even though I felt the caffeine was a bit on the lighter side for me (250mg). The other categories on the label are a Pump & Cell Volumizer, Strength & Endurance Matrix, and Absorption Enhancer.

----Taste/Mixability/Dosing----

Currently the only flavor for Alpha-EX is bozzleberry. I saw that and the only thing I could think about was Super Troopers, "these snozzberries taste like snozzberries." I did not know what to think about the flavor. It is a little tart and berry-ish but could not really put a finger on an exact taste to relate it to. It was somewhat under whelming but not a flavor I was completely turned off to. Not something I looked forward to each time but not something I was completely dreading either.

A full serving size was 2 scoops with the container having 20 servings. I dosed it at 2 scoops throughout and got about 7-8 weeks of use out of it. I only used this on my weight lifting days which is 3 days a week with DC training.

Mixability was not that great but was not poor either. I would usually mix it in about 8 oz of water as I do not like to get water logged before working out. I would shake vigorously for about 10 seconds but would always have some settling. More water probably could have solved. Settling is not usually a big issue for me though as I have a habit of swirling my shaker cup before taking a drink. This would usually stir it up enough to where by the time I got to the last drink there was minimal if any left in the shaker cup.

----Effectiveness----

Enzo Nutrition came to the market with a solid product that provided consistent results throughout the use of the product. This really hit me the first week I took it. I had an intense focus and just enough energy in the gym to carry me through my workout. I really started to dread the widowmaker sets (20 rep) for front squats, squats and leg press I was doing as part of the DC program. Alpha-Ex helped me get focused and my mind set right to be able to power through these reps even when they started to get tough and I was wanting to quit. The energy for me was not overpowering and was just enough to get me going and keep me going most workouts. The 250 mg of caffeine in Alpha-Ex will work for most people but I wanted a little more.

----Value----

People may shun away from this product based on the price. 20 servings for $35.99 through the Enzo Nutrition website. Tack on tax and shipping and it raises it up to $45. You can also pick it up through Amazon which I would assume would be free shipping if you have Amazon Prime. I would recommend you pick it up through Amazon if you have Prime or wait from some kind of sale. With the shipping and tax, it makes it hard even for me to want to buy another tub but it was a solid performer that I would not have a problem spending the extra money on occasion.

----Side Effects----

Nothing negative to report.

----Conclusion----

Enzo Nutrition brought their A game when bringing this PWO to market. It is a consistent performer with solid ingredients and a fully disclosed label. It would be nice to see another version with the caffeine upped to 350-400mg for us stim junkies but not something that will make me shy away from this product for future use.
 Pros:
 Cons:
  • Focus
  • Mood

(Thanks to NooWave Supplement Co. for sending it out!)
NooWave is a new company in the wonderfully crowded supplement industry and I was a little hesitant to grab this at first as they did not have a website up and running when this was posted to SR for the Troops. However, if you read my prior reviews, you know I am on a quest to find a replacement for Amp-C so I went ahead and grabbed this to see if it would work as a replacement. While I was not completely let down with it, it was not anywhere near Amp-C. I appreciate NooWave participating in the TROOP program. It is always a risky venture for a new company with a new product to have it reviewed in an honest and unbiased manner.

What is the High Performer? NooWave states on their website (up and going now) and in the "Mfr's Description" of the TROOP fields that "The High Performer is a cognitive enhancing stack that was designed to provide you with some of the most cutting edge ingredients in efficacious dosages, that work synergistically to help give you the discipline, focus and motivation to dominate whatever is thrown your way. The High Performer takes all of the guesswork out of advanced nootropic supplementation. Whether you need to zone out and study for exams, bury yourself in spreadsheets in order to meet a project deadline, dominate opponents in your next gaming session, develop code for the next big app, show those weights who's boss in the gym, or just need something to give you that added boost of focus and concentration. The High Performer may be your new best friend. The High Performer is not for the faint of heart though. Lean on this stack only when you really need to bury yourself in work and shut out distractions. Extreme users who are willing to push themselves to the edge will experience and appreciate the profound effects of this supplement."
No prop blends here. NooWave states on their website, "Gone are the days of under dosed, over-priced, and incomplete formulas that require you to incrementally "stack" aka buy more product to round out a proper supplementation experience. Oh, and forget about those formulas laden with proprietary blends; you deserve to know exactly what you are putting into your body and how much of it, so you will be pleased to see a fully disclosed ingredient profile on ALL NooWave products. It is our undertaking, our commitment to you, to never compromise on the quality, the dosage, or the delivery of the supplementation we offer."

Ingredients
I picked this up mainly due to the inclusion of Noopept as that has always been a decent nootropic for me when combined with some caffeine. While I was halfway familiar with some of the other ingredients, the two others that intrigued me were NALT and Alpha GPC. This also contained 200mg of caffeine for a little pick me up.

The benefits of NALT include stress release, a boost in mood, improved cognition, and reduced mental fatigue.
Alpha GPC (from Examine.com) - "Oral supplementation of alpha-GPC is of interest for nootropic purposes, as it appears to have cognitive-enhancing properties (no human evidence exists to support this in otherwise-healthy youth, but it does have support in rodents) and attenuate the rate of cognitive decline in the elderly."

From the bottle, "For optimal mental performance, consume 4 capsules with a fat source i.e., fish oil, or after a light meal." I used this in multiple ways (empty stomach, with meal, with just fish oil) to try and find the best result but it always seemed to work best with a fat source.

I no longer have high hopes for these products after being let down by so many but was not completely crushed by this one as I have been with others. It worked fairly decently with the few exceptions I was just worn down and out and it did not seem to have any effect whatsoever. I started taking this first thing in the morning after waking up (5 am-ish). First on an empty stomach, then with fish oil. I found it to be decent in the mornings at providing me a little pep and better focused mind but found it winding down by the time I got to work around 7 - 7:30 a.m. I decided after about a week to start taking it post workout (2-3 p.m). This seemed to work better for me as I usually come back to the office from my workout not really motivated or wanting to do anything for the rest of the afternoon. I would still feel like that until the High Performer started kicking in 45 - 60 minutes later. I would then start to feel focused and have a little energy from the small amount of caffeine in this product. It was nothing over whelming but usually enough to get my butt in gear to be able to put some effort forth for the rest of the afternoon at work. I usually found the effects only seemed to last a couple of hours and did not notice any change to my mood while on it. Be sure to read Gkeezy's review if you have not as he seemed to have some better results than I did.

Pricing
Ouch! This one will set you back and I only found it available on NooWave's website $69.95 for 30 servings or save 10% and sign up for the automatic renewal. It seems that this is a steep price and it is but with all the ingredients in there it is somewhat justified (even though I would not pay it). I say this as I tried to create my own stack buying the ingredients individually. Based on a dollar per serving of the High Performer to creating my own it came out that the High Performer was about $1.20 cheaper per serving. However, my current go to for nootropics is LGI's Boosted which you can get for $19.95 for 45 servings so I would not and could not justify this based on that price when I have found one that works better for a fraction of the cost. The NooWave rep did note on Gkeezy's review that they are offering $10 off for SR folks right now and that the price should come down as they grow the brand and scale. Personally, I would give this a look again if it was around the $30 range.

Overall
Not much else to say about this. Decent product with a high price tag since it is new to the market. You may have more favorable results, such as Gkeezy, to where this product is worth a try and go-to for you once the price comes down.
 Pros:
 Cons:
  • Increase Focus
  • Concentration

(Thanks to Alpha Gainz for sending it out!)
----Introduction----

Thanks to Alpha Gainz for participating in the TROOPs program. After their initial participation in the program in which WarMachine picked up a bottle of this, they came back for round 2 and offered 2 bottles of DHEA TD when you claimed it through the TROOP program. I went ahead and jumped on this after reading the other TROOPer reviews and was pleasantly surprised from what I got out of it.

----Ingredient Profile----

One main ingredient, DHEA. I pulled a quick rundown from WebMD and here is an excerpt of what they say "Scientists don't know everything DHEA does. But they do know that it functions as a precursor to male and female sex hormones, including testosterone and estrogen. Precursors are substances that are converted by the body into a hormone. DHEA production peaks in your mid-20s. In most people, production gradually declines with age. Testosterone and estrogen production also generally declines with age. DHEA supplements can increase the level of these hormones. That's why a number of claims have been made about their potential health benefits. Those claims range from benefits such as: Building up the adrenal gland, strengthening the immune system, providing more energy, improving mood and memory and building up bone and muscle strength."

----Taste/Mixability/Dosing----

Dosing varies and is dependent on the user. Recommended dosing is anywhere from 50mg up to 300mg. After reading WarMachine's review, I decided to dive right in at 200mg and kept it there the whole run.

Transdermal so no taste. Product was oily but dried quickly. I would put it on after I dried off from my shower then do what necessary grooming I needed to before putting on my clothes. I would alternate application sites putting it on the tops of my feet and shins, belly, chest, shoulders and traps. My one complaint is that the dropper was hard to get 1 ml at a time so I would have to do .5ml and do 4 applications. On the second bottle the dropper was flawed and did not hold any liquid. It would suck up then go right back out. Fortunately, I had just thrown the first bottle away so I just switched the droppers out.

----Effectiveness----

I can't say I experienced all the claims made above but there were 3 things that definitely stood out for me while using this product. Increased libido, increased energy and more fuller looking muscles. Let's dive into each.

Increased libido - Sex? Yes, please! This stuff had me horny as a teenage boy again. I felt this more on workout days as my test would be up and I would be willing and ready whenever the wife was. Did not seem to notice as much of an increased libido on non-workout days but could still tell my sex drive was elevated.

Increased energy - This is definitely one of the places this product stood out. At first, I attributed the increase in energy to my new bed as I was sleeping more soundly and waking up more refreshed. I usually have a mid-morning downer in energy and while it did happen it was not to the point where I rushed to get my next dose of caffeine. After being off this for over a week, I can say the increased energy was attributable to the DHEA as my mid-morning crashes have come back. I will also note that around the time I started this I decided to cut back on my caffeine intake. This really helped me get through the day on less caffeine.

Fuller looking muscles - This was not noticeable until about the last week of the run but my muscles looked fuller in the gym and I looked a little more cut even through all my bodyfat. It would have been nice to see how I would have looked had I had another month to run this but that will have to wait till I by some for my next run.

----Value----

I found this for $19.99 at a few online retailers and $29.99 at a few others. If you can get away with dosing it at 100mg and get 30 days out of the bottle, then I would say it is a good value either way. If you have to up the dosage to 200mg or more, definitely try and pick it up for $19.99 as I feel this is a fair and reasonable price to run a fine product such as this at the higher doses.

----Side Effects----

I noticed no negative side effects.

----Conclusion----

Overall a solid product offering from Alpha Gainz. This is one I will be running again but next time will probably end up stacking it as part of a natty test run.
 Pros:
 Cons:
  • Increased Libido
  • Fuller Looking Muscles

(Thanks to Xact for sending it out!)

----Introduction----

I would like to thank Xact Mind for participating in the TROOPs program. I am currently on the lookout for the next greatest nootropic to replace Amp-C since it has been taken off the market. I will say this was not that product. Xact is a nootropic manufactured by Xact Mind. It is a natural supplement that supports increased mental focus and concentration. The claims listed on the bottle are: Breakthrough Mental Energy, Intense Focus and Drive, Feel it Now. Xact Mind also has other claims on its website that I will not got into as they all more or less come down to the 3 claims on the bottle.

----Ingredient Profile----

Xact is a prop blend of 6 ingredients providing 760 mg of who knows what dosing of each. I usually do not mind prop blends if the product is effective. The problem with this product is that it was only decent at times and not overly effective most of the time. My one issue with any prop blend though is if there are stimulants in it at least disclose how much of the stimulant there is per serving.

----Taste/Mixability/Dosing----

The label said to take 2 pills 30-45 minutes after breakfast. I did not follow this protocol most of the time. I tend to have a bottle of some nootropic / stimulate at my bathroom sink and take the dose when I wake up. This is how I used it most of the time. I did dose it with fish oil a lot of the time but never noticed a difference. I also took it as instructed on the weekends but it was not a noticeable change from taking it before or after eating.

----Effectiveness----

Based on the claims and the marketing on the website, I feel this product falls flat in relation to those claims. I had high hopes for this based on my first dose but those hopes quickly puttered out. My first dose I took on a Saturday around 3:30 - 4:00 p.m. when I was lying on the couch falling asleep. This quickly jolted me alert and gave me a good mental alertness. This would be the only time I would get that feeling from this product. The rest of the run I could usually feel some of the effects of the product but nothing overwhelming. Definitely not the breakthrough mental energy, intense focus and drive, and feel it now feeling that is listed on the bottle. I got the feel it now feeling but it was more like an 8-12oz cup of coffee feeling which usually provides me a little jolt but not much else.

----Value----

This feels like a money grab to me. You can purchase this through a few places. The cheapest being 1 bottle for $59.99 or 2 bottles for $101.98. Buying through Xact Mind website you can get 1 bottle for $63.99 or 2 bottles for $103.98. They do also offer a free 5 day sample pack however you have to enter your CC information to get this and it automatically signs you up for monthly distributions if you do not cancel. This product is hard for find using the search bar. If you type in Xact, you get a bunch of other websites. If you search for Xact Mind, then their website will pull up and their Facebook page which shows some other places to purchase this. I also tried to search their website for an affiliate program as I figured this might be how they try and justify pricing this so high but I did not find one. I would still have a hard time recommending this product around the $15-$20 range because I feel there are better products out there even in this price range.

----Conclusion----

For the price Xact Mind charges for this pill, I would expect to get something like the pill from Limitless but did not. I did receive some slight increase in focus and energy but nothing overwhelming. Not a product I would recommend just based on my experience. I feel you would be better off buying a nootropic that you know works for you, taking that with some caffeine and only spending around $20-$25. I would say to try it on your own but having the auto-renew on the free 5 day trial makes that route sketchy as well. Guess I'm still looking for that Amp-C replacement.
     Pros:
     Cons:
    • Slight Increase In Focus
    • Cup O Joe Energy Effect

(Thanks to Antaeus Labs for sending it out!)
    I was excited to see Antaeus Labs participation in the TROOPs program. I have used their products before and always felt that they produce a quality product backed by science. I was also excited to see BAIBA as part of the product offering after reading through HenryV's post on BAIBA (see ingredients section for link) so I picked some up. A big thanks to the Antaeus for participating and bringing a good selection of their products for the TROOPs to try.

Only one ingredient - BAIBA. See link below for further analysis

Only one ingredient - BAIBA. See link below for further analysis

Dosing / Mix / Taste

This one got me a little. Directions state to take 500mg - 1 g daily. teaspoon provides 1 g. I followed the teaspoon (level) but after a month I still had over the container left so I bumped it up to a heaping teaspoon and what I had still lasted me about another 30 days. I also tried to weigh a serving out on my food scale but the powder proved to be too fine and after 5-6 heaping teaspoons on it the scale still did not register 1 g.

I asked the rep when the best time to take this would be but never got an answer back so on days I worked out I took it with my PWO. On off days, I would usually take the dose first thing in the morning.

This mixed easily in water in a shaker cup or in a cup stirring with a spoon or knife. It seemed to always dissolve with minimal mixing.
    No taste as far as I could tell. I would generally mix this with my PWO but on occasion I did not and just mixed it in water it did not affect the taste of the water.

Did it work? Hard to say for me. It has the science to back it up but it is one of those supplements that you could not feel it working as you might some other supplements. I do think it helped contribute to some overall fat loss that I had and have maintained over the 60 days I took this. I do not have my numbers in front of me but I think I was around 222 lbs when I started this and was at 219 lbs when I finished. I did take a one week break from weights in the middle of running this and did 20 - 30 minutes of cardio and the sauna only for that week. I dropped 4 lbs and inch off both my belly and waist measurement. Since that time, I have added 1 - 1.5 lbs and a inch on my belly and waist. I have maintained those weights and measurements for the last several weeks which I think BAIBA has helped with.

I checked all my usual shopping sites for this and the lowest I could find it was $32.99 for a 30 day supply. While I think this is a good value for a product that you know is working, I would have a hard time paying this based on the results I noticed. I think this may be better used in conjunction with another fat burner but that would drive your cost up as you are paying $32.99 for this and another $30 or so for another fat burner. I did notice Antaeus put this in their fat burner, Lipomorph, so that may be a better option than this alone.

I did go ahead and buy a second bottle based on the write up as it seemed promising and I wanted to give it a good run so my opinion on the value may change after I finish the second bottle but based on my run of a single container at this time I would not buy it again. I will post an update in the comments once I finish the second container.

Side Effects

None that I noticed.

Overall

I think Antaeus has a solid product scientifically but when put into actual use it is hard to tell if it achieves its purpose. It seemed to work better on my cardio week than on the other weeks I did weights only. It may also work better the longer you run it but that is still to be determined and I will provide an update once I have finished my second container. Then again it could just be me not responding. Looking forward to other TROOPers thoughts on this when the reviews are posted.
     Pros:
     Cons:
    • Fat Loss

(Thanks to Platinum Labs for sending it out!)
      I would like to thank Platinum Labs for participating in the TROOPs program. I was not familiar with Platimum prior to seeing them listed on the TROOP dashboard. Anabolic Triad interested me as far as being a test booster that was outside of DAA which seems to be the norm these days. Platinum Labs makes the following claims for Anabolic Triad, "Utilizing only 3 cutting edge compounds, this anabolic powder product is dosed to be the most effective testosterone and anabolic boosting product legally available. Extreme Anabolic Activator, Advanced Testosterone Booster, Dramatically increase protein synthesis, elevates libido" (from Platinum Labs website).

Ingredients:
      As the name implies, Anabolic Triad is composed of a whopping 3 ingredients:

Bulbine Natalensis 1,000mg - Bulbine Natalensis extract has been scientifically proven to boost testosterone levels over 300% increasing sex drive, muscle growth, fat loss and luteinizing hormone functions. This was a new one to me. I was curious to how it would work and if it would compare to the DAA products I have used in the past. I can't say it increased my test levels over 300% but definitely helped with strength and gave the libido a boost to overdrive but more on that below.

6,7 dihydroxybergamottin 100mg - aka "DHB" is an extract from grapefruit that increases the bio-availability of chemicals and prevents the body breaking them down too quickly. I'm starting to see this one used in more supplements as it is supposed to help in absorption.

Laxogenin 25mg - increases protein synthesis dramatically via a non-hormonal pathway. I mainly picked this up due to the inclusion of the Lax but was also hesitant about it because the 4-5 other Laxogenin products I have used have been dosed at 100mg. The lower dose could be due to its interaction with the other 2 ingredients above but I am not a chemist so I can't say for certain. To me, it feels like they just threw it in here to have it here as this tends to be an expensive ingredient. I know if they dosed this around the 100mg mark the cost of this product might be double which could be why they did not got that high. Also, I usually notice some relief from joint pain and nagging injuries with Lax but did not experience any of that with this dosage. Minimally I would like to see this upped to the 50mg mark based on my experience with other Lax products.

Dosing / Mixing / Taste

Dosing was relatively easy. One scoop prior to breakfast. My one gripe around the directions is that they are tiny on the bottle. I was squinting trying to read them and almost pulled out a magnifying glass. I know the container is small but some bigger print for us "older" guys would be nice especially if that is the target market you are going for.

Mixing was awful. When I put it in a shaker bottle with 4-6 oz. of water, half of the shaker bottle would come back foamy. It also did not mix very well. Half of the product would be on the sides of the shaker cup and there would be some settling at the bottom of my cup. I would swirl it around every time before taking a drink to try and pick it up along with decreasing the foam. I did mix it once in a cup with a butter knife and that seemed to work better. It did not foam but still had the settling issues.

I am not a fan of most green apple products and almost did not pick this product up due to this but I was pleasantly surprised by the taste. It tasted more like apple cider than a green apple jolly rancher or the gritty, dirty taste of some of the other green apple flavors I have tasted. Great job here for going a different route with the apple flavoring!

Let's go through the claims:
      Extreme Anabolic Activator and Advanced Test Booster - not sure it was extreme for me but it worked. I have been using the percentage and set increases for my main lifts from the Advanced Power Look program off of T-Nation. I went through weeks 5-8 while on this and was always able to hit the next week's sets and reps with the increased weight. Coming into week 9 (3x3 of 100% of the 1RM determined before beginning the cycle) after I just finished this product I did not hit my reps as planned for chest and shoulders. Got 3x2 instead of 3x3. Back was still on target. Not sure if this was placebo or diet lacking somewhere from previous weeks but having no issues the prior 4 weeks I think there was something to this product.
      Dramatically increase protein synthesis - this one is an unknown factor for me. While strength seemed good throughout, I did not notice in changes in my body via gaining muscle or losing fat and the weekly meeting with the scale and tape measure were consistent throughout.
      Elevates libido - to quote Big Ron, "Yeah Buddy!" I had done an LGD cycle in December that had killed my libido and had still not fully recovered after 1 month. This kicked things back into gear for me. I did not notice an effect until after the second week but weeks 3 & 4 on this I felt like a horn dog wanting to hump the leg of almost every lady I saw!

I checked out a lot of my usual places and the main price point seems to be $49.95. I did find this for as low as $26.95 and as high as $55.95. I'm not sure if the $26.95 is an introductory price or how long they will keep it at that price but I think that is an awesome price for this product and would recommend anyone wanting to try a new Test booster out to pick a couple of bottles up for that price. $49.95 seems steep to me especially for a 30 day supply. I'm not sure how expensive a raw the Bulbine is so it seems the Lax may be driving the price point but if I am going to pay this amount for a product with Lax then I will go pick one up that I know is effective and provides me with the full 100mg serving. I think this is a quality product that could be had for around the $30-$35 dollar price point unless they decide to up the dose of Lax to 100mg which would justify the $49.95 price.

Side Effects

Extreme horn dogginess and strength! No negative effects that I noticed.

Conclusion

I think Platinum Labs has a solid offering here. It is a great product that I am further intrigued by and would like to do a 60 day run with to try and get the most out of it if the price were right. As it is priced now, I would tell you to just go get an appropriately dosed and effective Lax product.
      • Increased Libido