PTfootball54

• Was an active member for 6 years, but hasn't been online since March, 2015

Reviews by PTfootball54

July 2, 2013

Pros:
 Cons:
  • Consistent
  • Great Pumps
    First of all I would like to thank LeCheek Nutrition and SSGdimsmash for giving me the opportunity to try a bottle of Pump X3 for free! I greatly appreciate the generosity.

Pump X3 is a non-stimulant based pre workout supplement, geared towards increasing pumps, vascularity, strength,and increasing performance inside the gym or in other athletic events like running, crossfit etc.

Here is the breakdown of Pump X3:

Ingredient profile(8/10):

Here is the breakdown of Pump X3:

Ingredient profile(8/10):
    The ingredients found in Pump X3 are pretty basic. That is actually a good thing, because instead of throwing a crap load of ingredients that may or may not work, LeCheek put in a few ingredients that are shown to work, making Pump X3 a more reliable and consistent pre workout.

The ingredient list is broken down into 3 main categories:

The Pump and Electrolyte Matrix: Containing Agmatine Sulfate and electrolytes to increase blood flow, aid in endurance/performance.

The Strength Matrix: Which contains a creatine blend and Betaine to help with strength and muscle gains, as well as increase pumps and endurance.

And the Antioxidant Matrix: to help fight free radicals, which can help to prolong the increased blood flow, and aid in recovery.

Overall, a pretty simple yet effective ingredient profile.

Taste: (7/10)

The taste with Pump X3 was kind of hit or miss. I was given the green apple flavor, which for the most part was really good, and tasted very similar to Green Apple Big League Chew with a salty taste. On some days though, or if I didn't put enough water in my shaker cup, it would be relatively hard to get down. Sometimes the salty taste got pretty intense, and it left a somewhat funky aftertaste.

Overall the flavor was pretty good, and definitely one of the better Green Apple flavors out there. Just put enough water in your shaker cup.

Dosing/value:
    The dosing is very simple. Just put 1 or 2 scoops in some water and you are good to go. I will say 2 scoops seemed to be a LOT better than 1. There are a total 40 scoops in the bottle, so 2 scoops per workout would last the average person that works out 5 days a week around 4 weeks. Not a bad deal at all for around 25-30 dollars on most sites. Its actually pretty cheap compared to other pre workouts out there.

Effectiveness (8-9/10):

One of the best parts of this supplement, is how consistent it was in it's performance. It was a supplement that I could rely on to help boost the effectiveness of my workouts, and help me perform better in each workout. Also it was great to use in evening workouts because I would not get all hopped up on stimulants, and it wouldn't keep me up all night.

I will break down the effectiveness into sub-categories to help people better understand how it effected me.

-Pumps/vascularity-
    The pumps with Pump X3 were great! I definitely felt like my muscles were swollen more than normal with every workout, and I noticed that the veins in my arms and shoulders became a lot more pronounced during the workouts. The pumps also seemed to last a lot longer after the workout as well.

-Strength gains-
    The strength gains from this product were kind of hard to judge, because during the time I was taking this supplement, I injured my hip, so I wasn't able to lift as heavy as I would have liked to.

-Endurance-
    This really seemed to be where Pump X3 seemed to shine. I noticed that my between set recovery times were drastically decreased, and the "burn" that is experienced when lifting weights, or running seemed to be delayed quite a bit when I took Pump X3, allowing me to get in a few extra reps in or run a little bit further during workouts.

Side Effects(7/10): The only real side effect I experienced was an upset stomach if I worked out too close to after I took the drink. Sometimes I would feel a bit queasy in the beginning of the workouts, but it would usually go away towards the end. I usually waited around 40 minutes after I drank the Pump X3, instead of 20-30 minutes. Waiting a bit longer usually got rid of the upset stomach problem. The problem really only happened when I took 2 scoops. Unfortunately, as I said before, someone should really take 2 scoops to feel the full effects of the Pump X3, so for me it kind of stunk to go through the stomach problems to get the full effectiveness of the product.

How Does It Compare to Other Pump Products?
    - Well the pump it's self honestly wasn't the absolute best out of any pump product I have used (the winner so far is Creatine Nitrate), but with that being said, it was still a very solid pump, and the bonus effects of it in terms of endurance and recovery definitely pushed it up a notch, past most pump products.

Would I Spend Money On This Product?
    Absolutely. This is a very consistent and reliable pre workout, that I would be willing to spend money on.

Who Could Find Use in Pump X3?
    I feel like everyone who exercises would benefit from taking Pump X3 in some way. Runners and Crossfit people could benefit from the endurance boosting qualities, powerlifters and strength athletes could benefit from the strength boosting ingredients, and bodybuilders/ models could benefit from the increased pumps/ blood flow, and strength gains. Also it would be a good pre workout for people who are sensitive to stimulants, or who workout at night because there are no stimulants in Pump X3.

Overall it was a very solid pre workout, that provided consistent results literally every time I used it before workouts. I would recommend it to people who don't like stimulants, but still want something to boost their workouts, and give them an edge with their training, without jitters or any negative side effects associated with stimulants.

Pump X3 Gets an 8/10!

April 2, 2013

Pros:
     Cons:
    • Great Pumps
    • Increased Muscle Growth
    • Nutrient Shuttling
    • Increased Recovery
    • Strength Increase
    I just finished the bottle of APS Creatine Nitrate this morning before/after my workout. Overall I am totally impressed with this product.

When I was looking for a new creatine product to try, I really wanted to try C-bol. Unfortunately it was discontinued, but there were other formulas similar to it in that they contained creatine nitrate. I decided to give this one a go due to some good reviews out there. So without further adieu, I give you my review(PTfootball's poetic side, look out)...

Dosing(8/10): The directions state to take 4 pills 40 minutes before you workout, and if you want, for "The most insane change in body composition" take another 4 post workout. So you would be taking 8 around the workout. For me personally, I usually decided just to take 6 pre workout, or 5 pre workout and 3 post workout if it was something like a leg or back day. This not only extended the bottle a little bit, but 6 pre workout was definitely the "sweet spot" for me. 6 on leg days got a little too intense, so I just stuck to 5.

Price:(-/10): So I am not really going to give a rating on the price of this, mainly because it can differ from person to person depending on how they dose the product. As I said I usually took 6 pre workout, or 5 pre and 3 post workout. So the bottle lasted a little longer than taking 4 pre workout and 4 post, like the bottle recommended. Some people just took 4 pre workout and that was all, some just took 4 after etc.. Either way each bottle contains 200 pills, for usually around 30-40 dollars (I got mine from Allstarhealth.com for 32 dollars). This is 50, 4 pill doses, or around 33, 6 pill doses.

Taste:(10/10): They were delicious! Just kidding, there really wasn't a taste to the pills, they were pretty small caps of it, which were easy to take down, and had no taste at all. BOOM

Ingredient Profile:(10/10): This is a very basic ingredient list. Just Creatine Nitrate, dicreatine malate, and vitamin C. They all work synergistically with eachother to enhance the benefits of creatine, while producing a significant amount of nitric oxide, and prolonging the effects nitric oxide. This will lead to better strength gains, better mass gains, and increases in endurance, while providing a very,very solid pump(both from creatine and nitric oxide production) that will last a long time, which will lead to better nutrient delivery to muscles, which will provide better recovery times.

Effectiveness:(10/10): This is obviously where this product shines. This product worked wonders for me. During the time I was taking it, my strength increased a bit, and I looked a good bit larger by the end of the bottle. I was doing a cutting type of diet, so it might have been an illusion of the decreased fat that made my muscles look larger, but I still feel like this supplement did it's job. It definitely helped me to preserve muscle, if not gain some while on this cut of mine. The most impressive part about this product were the pumps, and vascularity when I took it. This is absolutely one of the best (if not THE best) pump products I have ever taken. I looked so vascular and pumped after workouts, there were times where it looked like my body composition changed completely in one workout. Of course it didn't for good, but it definitely gave me motivation, and temporary gratification for what I did in the gym.

Not only that, but the muscle fullness lasted for a LONG time after my workouts. I mean sometimes the whole day if felt like my muscles were swollen. Sometimes this lead to an increase in DOMS though, because of the massive amount of blood volume in the muscles, but it was nice to have my biceps or shoulders get sore now and again, when they usually don't.

Value: (8/10): While I usually don't like pump products, or at least think they are needed, with Creatine Nitrate, you are pretty much getting 2 supplements in one. You get a good creatine supplement, plus an amazing pump product all in one. But you are pretty much paying more for the pump, than the actual creatine. Around 20 dollars more, than creatine monohydrate. But again, its a 2 in 1 combo.

Overall:(9/10): While the price is a little high for a creatine supplement, the pump in it's self would make me want to get this again, but you also get the benefits of creatine as well, which makes it more of a plus. This supplement has worked it's way to my favorite creatine product, and definitely up into my top 10 (if not top 5) favorite supplements of all time.

June 30, 2012

Pros:
     Cons:
    • Mixes Easy
    • Tastes Great
    • Improves Recovery
      I looking for a BCAA supplement for my workouts/cardio sessions, when I realized that I had not tried out AminoX...so I tried out AminoX. And I ended up taking 2 bottles of it over the course of around 5-6 months.

Profile:AminoX boasts its"massive 10 gram amino complex" to sound like its just full of BCAAs, but it's basically your typical BCAA supplement, with added goodies like Taurine, and L-Citrulline. Im assuming its around 5 grams of actual BCAAs per serving because of those extra aminos in there will boost it to around 10 grams. Besides that, there is really not a ton of filler, and there is less than 1 gram of carbohydrates per serving, which makes this good for anyone who is dieting/cutting, or bulking, or really anyone who wants some extra BCAAs in their supplement stack. BUT there is 160 mgs of sodium in it, which may be something you have to look out for if you are trying to reduce sodium intake for water retention.

Price/value (5/10: I picked this up at my local GNC on sale for around 24 dollars. The bottle has 30 servings in it, which makes it out to be around 80 cents per serving. This is not a lot, but for a BCAA supplement, it is not a great deal. Considering there are tons of BCAA supplements out there where you can pay the same amount, and get twice or tripple the amount of servings. Even on the internet it is still around 20 dollars not including shipping. So I feel like you are paying for the BSN name, rather than the product (like most BSN supplements)

Effectiveness (8/10): This supplement was kind of weird in terms of recovery. I acually felt like I recovered more from weight workouts, when I took this during my cardio sessions (usually a few hours after or before the weight workout) rather than when I took it during or before my weight workouts for some reason. The recovery was pretty good though. I guess I would rank it around the same as other BCAA supplements so it didnt really stand out for any reason. I did notice a larger pump when I took it during or before my workouts. Nothing crazy, but it was definately there (most likely because of the Citrulline,Taurine, and possibly the sodium?).

Taste (9/10): I had 2 flavors. Green Apple, and Watermellon. They were both amazing, and extremely refreshing, espcially during cardio. They tasted almost identical to the old Xtend flavors, which in my opinion were great. The only reason I gave it a 9 was because it tasted very artificial, which some people dont like, but i didnt mind. If I had to choose one, it would probably be Green Apple, though both flavors I tried were great.

Mix(9/10): People complained in the past that this supplement doesnt really mix well, but mine did haha. Sometimes it wouldnt mix right away, but if i waited 5 min, it would completely disolve in the water. This was definately one of the best mixing BCAA supplements I have tried before.

Overall: AminoX is a pretty good BCAA supplement, but at the same time, it definately does not stand out by any means. The added ingredients like Taurine, and Citrulline give it a slight edge to most standard BCAAs in terms of effectiveness (mainly for the pump) and the taste is refreshing, but the price to serving ratio is what could bring this supplement down. Overall its a very tasty, decently effective BCAA supplement that I think is worth giving a try. This is definately one of the better BSN supplements though.

April 4, 2012

Pros:
       Cons:
      • Price
      • Effective
      • No Taste
      • Increased Strength
      • Increased Muscle Size
      • Trouble Mixing
      Straight 10s across the board? It cant be! It is!!!

Creatine is a supplement used by almost everyone in the weightlifting world, but recently Kre Alkalyn, Con-Cret, and other types of creatines seem to have taken over the creatine market. With all these fancy new creatines out there, people tend to forget the most time tested, and most basic, and in my opinion the most effective form of creatine. Creatine Monohydrate.

Ingredients(10/10): Again, very simple. just 5 grams of Creapure per Teaspoon. Thats all. No fillers, no extra ingredients, just plain ol' Creapure in a container.

...
      Straight 10s across the board? It cant be! It is!!!

Taste/Mix.(8/10): The creatine has no taste at all, even if you mix it in a glass of water. The only problem is, that it doesnt dissolve, so you do get a little grittyness in whatever you put it in. And unless you put the supplement straight in your mouth dry, then drink water to wash it down, then you will get some of it stuck at the bottom of your cup or glass. which gets kind of annoying, but this happens with most supplements, specifically creatine anyways.

Effectiveness (10/10): This works just like any creatine out there. Good strength increases, and mass increases. I also got increases in endurance, espcially with things like sprinting. I noticed i recovered pretty well inbetween sets, and i could hit the weights hard with each set. Also the recovery inbetween workouts was increased too, its not a recovery supplement, but the creatine did seem to help. And i cant help but notice that the pumps I got when on the creatine were great as well.

Dosing: I have loaded and gone without loading with this supplement. Loading did seem to help get results faster in terms of strength and endurance, but i did seem to hold more water weight when i loaded as opposed to when i did not. This isnt really a bad thing, but i thought i would note that. Without loading, the results did come within the first 2 weeks once the creatine was properly in my system. Also post workout, i would take it with some source of fast digesting carb like maltodextrin or dextrose.

Price (10/10): In short, creatine monohydrate (specifically creapure) is the best bang for your buck, creatine wise. I bought a 120 serving container for a little over 15 dollars. Not bad huh? Also considering the effectiveness of the product and the cleanliness of it makes it a great deal.

Side Effects: None. Most people complain of bloating, or kidney discomfort, or extreme water retention. I didnt really experience any of these side effects while on this supplement (except for a little water retention). I assume this is due to the purity of the creatine, whereas most poorly processed creatines will cause these side effects.

Overall: This is one of the most basic and most effective supplements for the money. I prefer this creatine to Kre Alkalyn or Con-Cret any day.

February 18, 2012

Pros:
       Cons:
      • Improves Body Composition
      • Endurance Increase
      • Nice Recomposition Effect
      • Pumps!
      • A Little Pricey
      • Has You Running To The Bathroom
      Anabolic pump, as most people know is a nutrient partitioning supplement. The difference between AP and other similar supplements, is that AP supposedly works independently of insulin by activating GLUT-4, essentially opening up the "anabolic window" at multiple times of the day, instead of 30 min to an hour post workout. This is supposed to increase muscle growth, as well as support fat loss.

Taste/Smell- This was a pill, so there want much of a taste, but it smelled like burnt food a little bit. It didnt matter to me because, again, its a pill.

Value- I bought this for around 40 dol...

Value- I bought this for around 40 dollars, which isnt aweful, but it is pretty darn expensive. Its not the best value, but i figured it was worth a try.

Pumps- This needs to be talked about. around 30 minutes after taking this and eating my meal, my muscles would get pretty full. Nothing crazy, but they did fill up more than normal. However when i took this with my pre workout meal (usually consisting of 50-80 grams of complex carbs), the pump i got during my workout was insane. It wasnt just a full pump, it was a deep feeling. Its kind of hard to explain, but it felt like the blood was pumping from the inside out, instead of the other way. Again it sounds weird when i explain it, but it was definately a different feeling.

Muscle Growth/fat loss- I did seem to lean out slightly while taking this. Nothing extreme, but i was able to see my "abs" a bit better, and my strength seemed to keep increasing at a steady pace. I cant contribute all my gains/losses to AP because my workouts and cardio changed up a bit. Either way, i did make pretty good gains while on AP.

Side Effects- Really the only side effect i felt while on AP was the Anabolic Dumps that it gave me. Around 5-10 min after i took the pill, it was a sure thing that i would take a trip to the bathroom. Other than that, nothing else to report.

Other Notes- AP did seem to reduce carb bloat a lot. I would consume 60-100 grams of carbs after my dose of AP, and i didnt really get bloated or "sick" from it.

Overall: Personally i enjoyed Anabolic Pump, if it was cheaper, then i would definately keep it in my stack. But until then, i will most likely continue to use supplements like Glycobol or other somewhat cheaper alternatives as nutrient repartitioners.

December 28, 2011

Pros:
       Cons:
      • Elevated Well-being
      • Increased Libido
      • Mood Elevation
      • Muscle Fullness
      • Increased Pumps
      • Large Tablets
      Universal's Natural Sterol Complex is Universal Nutrition's "anabolic sterol formula", now if you have ever heard of sterols in muscle building, there is a very large debate whether they are effective or not. But the thing, is NSC is way more than just sterols. It is a combination of sterols, adaptogens like ecdysterone and methoxyisoflavone, it contains ingredients for joint support, antioxidants, detoxifiers, EFAs, mild energy boosters, and small amounts of ingredients for raising testosterone. Natural Sterol Complex is pretty much a complete package.

Taste/smell: Well these are pill...

Taste/smell: Well these are pills, so they dont really taste like much unless you hold them in your mouth for too long or chew them for some reason. But it did have a hint of tartness like the skin on a grape or something, its kind of hard to describe. But they do smell like dog food (a very similar smell to Uni-liver if you have smelled those.)They are also pretty big, i could only swallow one at a time.

Price: You really cant beat the price. I payed around 12 dollars for a 30 day supply, or 180 tabs. Thats less than 50 cents a day! Thats pretty impressive, no matter which way you look at it.

Effectiveness: Well i cant say that Natural Sterol Complex made me put on tons of muscle because i was also taking other things that could have effected my muscle gain, but i definately think that NSC played a pretty important part in my gains. It takes a little while to kick in (around 1-2 weeks.), but i could really tell once it did. You are supposed to take it right after meals, and i have to say, i felt my muscles fill up pretty quickly after a meal when taking it, as compared to without it. (i experimented a little bit with the dosing) It really felt like i had a decent pump going on around 30 min after my meals/dosing of NSC. And at around the end of the 2nd week of taking it, i noticed mild raised testosterone-like symptoms like a slightly deepened voice (my voice is normally pretty deep, but even my dad noticed that it had gotten deeper while i was on this supplement), an increased libido, and a small bit of acne (the acne could have been from other things though. Also i noticed i had more energy thoughout the day and during my workouts, and a better sense of well being, i was a lot more relaxed in school and at home, and i also slept a lot better. I also noticed an improved recovery time, although that could have been because of other supplements i was taking, or my diet, but i did seem to be less sore the next day.

Dosing: As i said before, i took 2 tabs after 2 meals of the day (usually breakfast and dinner), and 2 tabs before my workout. Even without taking s pre workout supplement, i noticed my energy was increased for the workouts, and i definately got better pumps.

Overall: I really enjoyed Natural Sterol Complex, it is very, very cheap and an effective product that i think is definately overlooked in the supplement world. Its a complete supplement, that has a lot to offer. But i do recommend giving it time to kick in. This seemed to work great on a bulk, and im sure it would work great on a cut as well, for that extra energy and helping preserve muscle.

November 3, 2011

Pros:
       Cons:
      • Quick Energy
      • Discloses All Ingredients & Amounts Per Serving
      • Focus
      • Jittery
      • Possible Crash
      I promised myself that i would never become a "stim junkie". But once football started, and i found it almost impossible to get in the mental zone after practice to workout when all i wanted to do is sleep. So i found myself wandering into my local GNC to find a powerful pre workout supplement to help fuel my workouts, and i came across Neurocore. Now i am by no means a Muscletech fan, but i have to say, I was pretty impressed.

Ingredients: Like most concentrated supplements out there, Neurocore is a stimulant based product, with around 110mg of caffeine per scoop (there are other stims, but the main one is caffeine). Thats not bad, but when you get to the full serving (3 scoops) it is quite a lot of stimulants. Other than the stims it contains a little over a gram of Beta-alanine, around a gram of L-citrulline, and a gram of creatine HCL. These are good ingredients to have in a pre workout, but they seem a little underdosed unless you are taking a full 3 scoops. I would also like to add that the ingredient amounts are labeled on the back of the container, instead of in a proprietary blend like most other MT supplements.

Taste: Well,the taste was pretty bad. The "fruit punch" tasted more like a gnarley flinstones vitamin, but when you finished the drink, the aftertaste kicked in and it made the actual drink seem good...which its not. My point is, its a disgusting drink, but i didnt have a problem with it because it only lasted 4 seconds at most to drink it anyways. But if you like your pre workout supplements to taste good,well, you might want to look someplace else.

Energy/focus: This is really where this supplement shines. Even after football practice, i would chug down a scoop or 2 of Neurocore with water, and in 10-15 min. i was ready to go. It seriously felt like i didnt even have practice that day, and all i wanted to do was lift some weights. The focus was incredible as well, i was extremely determined to kill myself (in a good way) in the gym, even though i was well aware that i had practice the next day too.

Pumps: The energy was great, but the pumps from the supplement its self was barely noticeable. I could just as easily gotten the same pump from not using Neurocore. I wasnt really let down by this beacuse i bought it for the energy, not the pump so i was ok with that.

Other benefits: I did notice an increase in endurance and between set recovery. Even after i did a set to total failure, i felt like i could do another one within 30 seconds. I really had to hold myself back because while i felt like i could go heavier, or for more reps the next set, but my body couldnt, so i had to make sure i could recover inbetween sets.

Side effects: with powerful energy, can come some headaches, and jitters. Not every time, but every once in a while i would get jittery, and nervous. But that was rare and usually when i havent used it in a while. Another "side effect", which really isnt a side effect is that my body became adapted to it pretty quickly, so i only used it 3 times a week when i really needed a boost. That way i can conserve the powder, but at the same time, give my body some rest from the stimulants so that it was more effective every time i used it.

Cost: when i bought it, it was on sale so i got a 50 serving bottle (a serving being 1 scoop) for around 30 dollars. That was a pretty good deal since i would only use it a few times a week. On the other hand, if you need 3 scoops for it to be effective, the price may not seem worth it.

Overall: if you are looking for a supplement to give you a good kick in the @ss to get you ready to lift some weights, or if your job exausts you and you need some motivation and energy to excercise then look into this supplement. On the other hand, those who are stim sensitive, then you might want to look some where else.

August 8, 2011

• Awesome Pumps
      • Consistent Performance
      • Better Endurance
      • Great Vascularity
      • Some Times A Few Extra Is Needed
      • Pump Products Dont Really Help Your Gains
      Nitrox II is Sci Fit's PH buffered pump product, and after seeing all the great reviews for it, i had to try it. Well my friend didnt want his after he ordered it so i bought it from him 5 dollars cheaper than BB.com. Now for the actual supplement:

Value: well to tell you the truth, pump products are not needed. They are just a fun thing to add to your stack, although if you are doing volume training like FST-7 or GVT or something where the program is designed to pump a lot of blood into the muscle, this product may help. As for just an overall supplement, it is definately not needed. BUT i got this product for a little cheaper than the already cheap price. I got this supplement for 30 dollars and it contains 90 servings. The bottle will last you a long time if you only take the recommended pre workout serving, but i found myself using 3 or 4 caps pre workout sometimes because i just wanted a huge pump. Even still the bottle lasted me a very long time.

Effectiveness: Let me say that so far, i have never gotten as great of a pump from any supplement out there. I do think it actually helped my gains a little bit because my DOMS was a lot worse after workouts that i used Nitrox II, than if i didnt, espcially when i added FST-7 to my workouts. One of the best things about Nitrox II was the effects lasted throughout the whole bottle without it not working. The pumps also lasted for hours after my workout, and my vascularity increased throughout the bottle. And i gained some fat, so keeping, infact improving my vascularity was great. I also noticed an increase in endurance during my cardio sessions too, as well as helps me do rep out a couple more during weight lifting sessions.

Ingredients: The ingredient list, wouldnt be that special, but the thing that makes NitroxII stand out is the PH buffered arginine. There has been some talk about arginine's effectiveness but, i have tried supplements with the same ingredients without the PH buffered arginine, and they didnt work as well so i think that had something to do with the effectiveness of the supplement.

Overall: While pump products arent necessary, i do think that they can be helpful with high volume workouts to help pump more blood into the muscle which could aid in hypertrophy, but there is no proof to support my i guess, although my post workout soreness was increased dramatically. This supplement is also very cheap unlike a lot of pump products out there, so if you want to choose a pump product that is cheap and effective then try out Nitrox II. And eventhough i probably wont be purchasing this product any time soon, it still is a very fun supplement.

July 18, 2011

Pros:
       Cons:
      • Helps Recovery
      • Increased Pump
      • Bloat
      • Toxic Farts
      • Lots Of Dyes
      After trying the Original SizeOn a couple years back, i finally decided to try SizeOn Max, and i have to say i am impressed.

Price/value: When i first looked at this, the first thing i saw was the hefty price tag. I bought this at GNC when it was on sale and it was still 40 dollars, for 24 servings which is pretty darn close to 2 dollars a serving. Thats a bit over my price range for a product like this, but i thought i would try it. I worked out 5 days a week and the bottle lasted me around a month which isnt that bad when you look at it, but per serving, its a bit expensive.

Taste/s...

Taste/smell: When i got home i wanted to try it, and when i opened the bottle, i was overwhelmed with the smell of mac and cheese. Seriously, Grape SizeOn smells like mac and cheese. And i thought to myself that it was going to taste like crap. But when i mixed it up (after letting it sit for a while to disolve but ill get to that later), and started to sip it during my workout, it tasted great. Almost like a low sugar kool aid taste but sweeter. its hard to explain, but it was good.

Mixability: A lot of people complain about the mixability of SizeOn but all you have to do is wait 4 or 5 min and let it settle after shaking and any clumps will disappear. There was some major settling at the bottom of my shaker cup, but again give it a few shakes and a little time and that will go away too.

Effectiveness: This is where it gets good. I saw some good size gains with just one bottle of this. Within the first week of this, i would notice little differences in my muscles. Like i would notice my calves start to get bigger, and i made some improvements on my arms and shoulders even after all the water gains went away, along with other bodyparts. As far as strength gains go, they were pretty good. Its not like my 1RMs went up 20 lbs or anything in one bottle, but i could do a weight that i could normally fo for 5 times, and i could do it 7 or 8 times, which is pretty impressive. I also noticed my endurance went up, and i recovered better after workouts. Not to mention the crazy glycogen pumps that i got from SizeOn. Just using this by itsself gave me skin splitting pumps and it was fantastic. But when i stacked it with SuperPump250 and Nitrox 2, i felt like my muscles would explode out of my skin. I would get pumps in my traps from doing squats, it was awesome haha.

Ingredient Profile: It was pretty good. It has around 40 grams of carbs (long and short chain carbohydrates), it contains minerals and electrolytes for hydration, a creatine blend, and added free form amino acids as well as whey hydrolysate (its kind of like pre digested protein for those of you who didnt know) to prevent muscle breakdown and promote anabolism. Overall a pretty impressive list of ingredients, and a step up from the Original. Although i do question the creatine, it has Creapure (monohydrate) which is good, but when the product is supposed to be taked intra-workout which can last up to 2 hours, i just have to think about the stability of it, because normally creatine monohydrate's stability time is a couple minutes, and i wonder if they bonded the creatine to something to make it more stable.

Side Effects: While SizeOn does have a lot of pros, it has a few cons too. I got very bloated during and after workouts that i drank SizeOn with. I did retain some water, and i had blue poo for the rest of the day because the dyes were pretty harsh. it even stained my shaker cup and now it has a tint of purple to it. Overall, not bad considering the benefits.

Overall, a great supplement that i had good success with. In my opinion it owns the intra workout category ingredient wise but its price drags it down a bit. im going to wait until a good sale again before i pick up another bottle.

PS- on off days i took 5 grams of creatine monohydrate to keep creatine levels up. I dont know if it made a difference but i like to think it did.

June 22, 2011

• Good Pumps
      • Prevents Fatigue
      • Tastes Great!
      • Lots Of Crazy Stims
      • Makes Me Tired
      • Huge Proprietary Blend
      I got Hemo Rage because i was getting tired after long days of school and because my workouts were suffering without a pre workout boost. Everyone seemed to say how Hemo Rage gave insane energy and what-not, and i needed some energy.

Taste(7/10): i got grape flavored, and it kind of reminded me of a mix of grape SuperPump Max, and grape NO-Xplode. It wasnt bad, most of the time it was good but there were days that i could barely get it down. The taste got pretty old, very quickly, but when i didnt take it for a week or so and came back to it, it tasted pretty good.

Ingredient List(?/1...

Ingredient List(?/10): when you look at the ingredient profile, it looks very impressive. there could be a small book written just with ingredients that are in Hemo Rage. For that it looks impressive, BUT when you really look at it, the scoop is 20 grams, and the carbohydrate blend is 10.5 grams....basically filler when you think about it. That really leaves a half scoop for the rest of the around 55 ingredients (if i counted correctly) to fill, plus its a proprietary blend so you wouldnt really know how much your getting anyways. It kind of reminds me of naNO Vapor really. but anyways i cant really rate the ingredient list, but i thought i would talk about it.

Energy/endurance(8/10): the energy on Hemo Rage was good, but not nearly as "crazy" as others have said. Even with all the stimulants that are in it (but again we dont really know how much of each), Hemo Rage gave me clean energy, but as i went through the bottle the energy feeling went away but the endurance boost was still there, but i just couldnt feel it. Also i have never sweated more or felt hotter than when i was taking Hemo Rage, it had pretty intense thermogenic effects.

Pump(6/10): While i wasnt really expecting a huge pump from this, i was still a bit let down by it. There really wasnt too much of a pump. It was there, but nothing fantastic.

Value(9/10): This is a very cheap Pre Workout supplement(, which makes it good for people who are on a budget but still wants a kick. While it may not be as cheap as Jack3d but for 30 dollars for 50 servings, the tub can last a while espcially if you dont use it all to often. I myself ended up only taking it on leg and back days because the effectiveness seemed to deplete after 2 weeks of using it 5 days a week.

Side Effects(7/10): while some of these side effects wernt terrible, they were inconvienent. Sometimes when i would drink this after using it for a while or when i would take 2 scoops, i would get very,very tired like 5-10 min after drinking it. But once i got my workout going this tired feeling would go away, but sometimes i would just want to go to sleep and not workout. Also sometimes i would crash after my workouts, which wasnt that bad because i tend to recover better if i take a nap post workout, so it kind of helped haha. Other than that i didnt feel any side effects.

Overall: Hemo Rage was an ok pre workout supplement, nothing special but not the worst ive had. Although i do recommend not taking this if you are sensitive to stimulants because there are a lot of them in here. the main problem i had was the MASSIVE proprietary blend in this, and while it doesnt make the product worse or better, it just says something about the product that they tried the "kitchen sink" method instead of taking things that work and putting the actual dose of it in it instead of taking 50 ingredients and throwing them in a powder and hoping that it will work.