OxlerMealPln

• Reputation is somewhat low. (+13)
  • Was an active member for 5 months, but hasn't been online since October, 2012
  • Member has only posted 3 reviews
  • Low community participation

Reviews by OxlerMealPln

1.0
  June 6, 2012

Pros:
 Cons:
  • Good Recovery
  • Good Profile
Third Review, here we go. Alright, so when I first started taking supplements, I took all Max Muscle Supplements because that's where I shopped at and that's what the salesmen told me to get. When I took this, I took it with Intek Isolate Evolution Protein after my workouts. I also took Max Muscle's MaxPro throughout the day for added protein to my diet. Something that I also want to mention is when I first opened this product after purchasing, I found that only about 1/5 of the container contained the actual product. The rest was filled with empty space. It is in a bottle that you cannot see through, so you don't know this until you buy it.

Effectiveness (9/10)
I felt like this product was very effective. I have noticed that recovery was better while taking this than taking a protein shake without this in it. I have also noticed that I get sick a little less often when I take this than when I don't. I have also taken just plain l-glutamine and feel like this works a little better.

Taste (when added to a protein shake) (10/10)
I feel like this definitely makes a protein shake taste better. It makes the protein shake taste a little bit more creamy and sweeter. When I took this with Intek Isolate Evolution, it was the best protein shake I had ever tasted. By itself in water doesn't taste good though. I would definitely add it to something, whether it be pre-workout, intra-workout, or post-workout.

Ingredient Profile (7/10)

-5g Glutamine blend (l-glutamine, l-glutamine peptides, and N-Aceytl-L-glutamine)
-16g of Carbohydrates (8g Maltodextrin and 8g of dextrose)

I feel like the ingredient profile is great for recovery. High glycemic carbs are good for after a workout and this product contains 2 sources of them. I have experimented with different amounts of added high glycemic carbs and have found that the amount inside of glutamatrix, 16g, is a good amount to help with recovery without adding excess fat. However, if you are on a low carb diet, this product would not be good for you and you would be better off using plain l-glutamine.

Price (1/10)
This product is extremely expensive. Right now on Max Muscle's website, it costs $37.99 for 1.5 lbs (31 servings). This comes out to be $1.23 per serving, which is extremely expensive when compared to other l-glutamine products. Definitely not worth the price.

Overall (4/10)
This product works great and provides great added recovery. However, just like most of Max Muscle's products, it is very expensive. On bodybuilding.com, I purchased 1.5 kg of glutamine for around $22, which came out to be about $0.16 per serving. I now use this instead and mix it with 16g of dextrose, which is extremely cheap as well (adds a negligible amount of money per serving). The differences between the effectiveness of Glutamatrix and l-glutamine mixed with dextrose are small; however, the differences in the prices between them are huge. I don't recommend using this product unless cost is not an issue for you.

June 4, 2012

• Makes You Feel Full
  • Tastes Good
First of all, I want to say that this is my first review and it is on the first protein powder I have ever taken. I have since taken many different supplements and know a considerable amount about them. When I took this product, it was the only supplement I was using at that time.

I first started taking this supplement in 10th grade when I was 15 years old. At this point in time, I was 5'7" and only 115 lbs. I didn't really eat very much because I was never really hungry. I started taking this supplement when I signed up for weightlifting class in High School because I decided to become serious about lifting. When I first started, my max bench press was 100 lbs. After 3 months of taking this supplement, I gained 23 lbs, making me 138 lbs and only 9% bodyfat, therefore, it was mostly muscle that I had gained. Overall I looked considerably bigger. My bench press went up by about 40 lbs. I don't really remember how much my other lifts went up by, but I remember that when I worked out, I was stupid and didn't really care about working out legs, so it was mostly upper body strength/size that I gained, with minimal lower body strength/size.
I have never used a protein supplement that has worked as good as this one. I am almost positive that this has a lot to do with me using this when I first started lifting, but it still worked wonders nonetheless. I think much of the effectiveness is owed to the creatine inside of it and the fact that while taking this was the first time in my life that I started eating the necessary amount of protein/calories in a day. I use to drink this shake for breakfast before I started lifting. I mixed it in 16oz of milk and only used 1 scoop (1/2 serving). I felt extremely full after just drinking this. I could never get myself to drink a full serving. The profile of this supplement is decent. It has 9g of fat, 35g of protein [whey concentrate, whole milk solids, colostrum], 500mg of Taurine, 1g of added Glutamine, 5g of glycine/creatine blend, 15g carbs, 2g of fiber, and 3g of sugar. It also has a good blend of vitamins and minerals. But like I said, I only took 1/2 serving at a time, usually two times a day.

Taste in Water (7/10)
In water, this supplement did not taste bad, but definitely didn't taste good. It tasted kind of like a pure protein chocolate RTD.

Taste in Milk (10/10)
In milk, this is one of the best tasting protein shakes I have ever had. I have tried both the Chocolate Banana and the Chocolate Fudge Brownie. Both were AMAZING!

Value (5/10)
Just like most of Max Muscle's products, this product is extremely expensive. I think I remember getting this product for around $60 with some sort of buy one get one 50% off deal. If so, they have since increased the prices because on there website, the price for this supplement ranges from $80-$87 for 3 lbs. Making it about $4.80 per serving.

Overall (7/10)
This product was extremely affective, tasted extremely good, but unfortunately is also extremely expensive. I have seen protein powders out there with better profiles for a cheaper price, so I would recommend those over this product. However, maybe there is something about this product that I am not noticing from looking at the label. If I could get the same results I use to get by using this supplement, I would definitely get it again. But like I said before, the results were most likely due to me being a beginner at weight lifting.

June 4, 2012

• Good Price
  • Good Recovery
  • Low Sodium
  • No Fillers
  • No Added Fat
    This is only my second review, so still kind of new to this, so bear with me. I originally got this product when my friend sold it to me because he couldn't stand the taste any longer. I personally really liked the taste, so it's definitely one of those hit or miss products when it comes to taste. I have used about 25 lbs of this protein powder and have gotten some good gains from it, better than any other protein powder I have ever used. I used this product along with l-glutamine, creatine monohydrate, and dextrose. This stack worked extremely well for me. In one summer, I gained about 10 lbs of muscle and I think a lot of the credit is owed to this protein powder. I would use a scoop and a half after my workouts and 1 scoop on off days. I noticed great recovery.

Effectiveness (8/10)
    This is definitely one of the more effective protein powders that I have taken. When you look at the profile of it, it is decent, but definitely could be better. It is a cold-processed protein shake, which I really like. Many protein powders out there are cooked at high temperatures, which destroys many of the nutrients inside. So being cold processed is definitely a plus. The ingredient list also isn't filled with a lot of fillers, which I also really like. The primary protein source is whey isolate, followed by whey concentrate, then whey peptides. The last thing that I really liked about it is it is pretty low sodium. I used this protein powder during wrestling season, and I really had to watch my sodium, so it having only 30mg of sodium really helped with that. Overall a very good, clean protein. Doesn't have a lot added to it.

Taste (7/10)
    Like I said before, the taste is really a hit or miss with this protein. It didn't taste great, but definitely didn't taste bad. I've never had a problem with drinking it and usually actually enjoyed drinking it. I have tried Chocolate Creme and Vanilla Creme. Vanilla Creme was a little better than the Chocolate. Neither one tasted like a milkshake, but they were still pretty good.

Value (9/10)
    It really depends for what you can get it for. It is typically around $100 for 10 lbs, which is a pretty good deal. When my friend first got this stuff, he payed around $60 for 10 lbs on bodybuilding.com, I bought it once for $80, then for $100.

Overall (9/10)
    This stuff is really a great protein powder. It's sold at a very reasonable price, has a pretty decent profile (nothing special though), and works fairly well. Although $100 is still a good deal for 10 lbs of protein, I have since started using other protein powders when the increased the price to this much. I have never had any problems with this protein though and will probably eventually go back to using it, but I have just recently been experimenting with other protein powders for the time being. I definitely recommend trying this protein out.