ODAAT365

SR TROOPer

• Member has been active for 6 years, and was last online today
  • Social media account not linked

Reviews by ODAAT365

Thanks to Redcon1 for sending it out!
  September 12, 2017

Pros:
 Cons:
  • Whole Food Sources
  • Convenient
  • Excellent Macro-Nutrient Composition
  • Lactose Free

First, apologies to Redcon1 for not getting this done sooner. Still trying to adjust to life with a baby and not getting as much sleep as I'm used to. Still, I have a commitment to hold up my end of the bargain and I know it will feel good to finally get this review done. Thanks for bearing with me. Second, alluding to the title, yes I have eaten many real MREs but no I am not in the military. My dad used to buy them for camping when I was a kid.

Over the years I have gotten more and more educated about supplements and, ironically, I have gotten less and less enamored with the lure of using them. Granted my goals have changed as well. I'm no longer into bodybuilding and have throw myself full force into cycling (not that kind of cycling you knuckleheads, I mean riding a road bike!). I feel like most supplements out there in each category are 99% the same thing with different labels. I barely use anything now and I don't feel like most things are worth the money. I've gotten more and more into making sure I get everything from quality, all natural, whole food sources.

However, I do still use a protein shake for breakfast because it's fast, easy, and doesn't make me feel sick in the morning like if I eat whole foods. I was aware of MRE before it came up to review and noticed that it truly was something different. I had to pull the trigger on it when I saw the opportunity and I'm so glad I did because I loved every minute of using it and I miss having it even now!

This is what attracted me to want to try this product. The ingredient list is like nothing else out there on the market now. As I said I have an interest in getting as much whole foods as possible into my diet and this is a step towards whole food from your typical protein or weight gainer product.

SALMON PROTEIN, CHICKEN PROTEIN, WHAAAAAAAT? Obviously, the most notable thing about this product is the protein blend. Other proteins in here are egg, beef, pea, and brown rice. Those I am familiar with but not the salmon or chicken protein. It's a nice blend of whole food proteins but I could have done without the cheaper, poorer quality pea and brown rice proteins. At least they are listed last in the blend (and therefore in the least amounts) so I can live with it. Carbs come primarily from oatmeal, backed up with some sweet potato and yam (no they're not the same thing; look it up). Again, nice whole food sources and not your typical maltodextrin blend. Fats brought to you by MCT oil and I assume whatever is naturally occurring in the other ingredients. Other than that you have a little "superfood" type blend of Goji berry and Blueberry. I'm not sure if that is included for taste or what because it seems like there's only a small amount, but okay that's fine. Finally, you get some coconut water for some potassium which is always welcome in my book. Also this has ZERO cholesterol, which I don't really care a out but it cool to see for those who may.

It does have some maltodextrin, dextrose, and artificial sweeteners for the flavor that I wish weren't in there, but they are again low in the list and I have a feeling just used for flavor, not as a primary ingredient. I don't love the artifical sweetners but, in my opinion, the flavoring systems have not gotten to the point where all natural products taste decent enough. Hopefully they will get there soon because I am a fan of all natural.

Overall it's a pretty "bodybuilder" profile of low fat, high carb, and high protein.

So typically I mixed 2 rounded scoops (half serving) with about 16oz of whole milk and had it on my way to work. It would keep me full for about 2-3 hours depending on how many miles I had recently ridden. On occasion I'd throw an extra scoop in if I was feeling really hungry. I like powdered products because they're more versatile. It's basically just food so you can use whatever suits your individual caloric needs.

Mixability was OUTSTANDING! I used a regular blender bottle with the wire ball. 8-10 light shakes and it was mixed. No clumping around the top, no chunks, no mess. Literally unbelievable for a product like this and yes I'm aware of what literally means. I still actually, in fact, don't believe what I witnessed. I mean seriously, I have used whey isolates that don't mix as well as MRE did in milk which is insane. It's the little things like this that make a product a joy to use and can make it or break it for me.

Finally, what about the TAAAAAASTE right??!?! With all that weird protein in there it must taste like fish right? NOPE. This was THE BEST tasting product I have ever used, PERIOD. I have never rated taste a 10 before now. I had the sweet potato pie. Now I have never had sweet potato pie, but if it tastes like this then I need to try that. The comparison I came up with was that is tasted like a really delicious oatmeal graham cracker pie crust with cinnamon and everything. So yummy. You're probably thinking "well yeah anything tastes good when you mix it with whole milk", and you'd be right. However, I did try MRE with water for comparison and it was still really good. Granted, mixing it with whole milk did take it to another level.

MRE did exactly what I wanted it to do. I needed some quality, easily digestible calories for breakfast that would fill me up for a few hours until lunch. As I said, I am not currently weight training so I can't comment on gains or anything like that but I can say recovery from my cycling was good and I was able to push hard each and every ride. I realize that this is marketed as a bodybuilding supplement and most of you will use it differently than I did. However, I have done the whole bulk/cut routine before and if you are someone who does struggle to get enough whole foods to reach that goal then this product is a great option for helping you pack on some fairly lean muscle. It's certainly better than most of the cheap weight gainers out there that will mostly just help you get fat. In a smaller serving (2 scoops) as a meal replacement or a larger serving (4 scoops) as a gainer I don't think you can go wrong with MRE if you value the things I've outlined so far.

Something I think we forget many times is that a mass gainer, whole food powder, or even a basic protein powder, is really a food item. As such, I think we should really judge the value of a serving by what an equivalent whole food source would cost us instead of thinking of of it as an "extra" supplement. What I mean is, if we are not using that protein supplement we are still going to get those macros in from whole food sources and that will cost us money just the same. This can't really be said about something like a pre workout, Creatine, Nitric Oxide, BCAA, etc. We can still get very effective workouts without using those supplements and so I consider them "extra". I think most of us have been guilty of judging protein based supplements like this at some point; lumping them all in together with the "extra" supplements of which value should be judged a little differently. I know I have.

So that said, how does MRE stack up? It looks like $80 is where you are at for a tub of this. This was consistent over every site I checked including Amazon. Definitely some sticker shock there but lets break it down. For my purposes I only used 1/2 serving. As I said, mixed with 16oz of whole milk half a serving provided plenty of macros for me. So this provided me 50 servings at $1.60 each (262.5kCal P 23.5g C 37.5g F 2g). If you want to include the milk at .25 cents a serving ($2.00 for 128oz, 128oz/16oz=8 servings, $2/8 servings= .25 cents) you're at $1.85 per serving (582.5 kCal P 39.5g C 61.5g F 18g). In my opinion you will be hard pressed to beat those numbers from whole food alone for that cost. I'm sure you could if you really try, but when you factor in the delicious flavor and convenience this is clearly a great value. Now all that said do I wish it was cheaper? Hell yeah, of course I do, I wish everything was cheaper!

So that is by far the most exhaustive insight into the value of any product I have ever reviewed. This part of the review literally took me over an hour to write, but I hope maybe it can help someone think differently about the value of their protein products. Apply this same reasoning to other protein/whole food products in the market and it might provide a unique way of looking at things. Bro tip gentleman, this is how I justify a lot of purchases to my wife. "Well hun, if I don't get these macros here I'm just going to spend as much or more on whole food somewhere else." She is yet to come up with a way to circumvent my argument ;)

Side Effects

None. No upset stomach, bathroom trips, or anything.

Conclusion

Man, I have not had as much fun using and reviewing a product in a long time. Truly well done by Recon1 for putting together something so unique and delicious. If all supplement companies paid attention to the details like this one did then maybe the industry wouldn't be such a crap show. After becoming quite disillusioned with supplements and the industry in general MRE showed me there was a beacon of hope in an otherwise murky landscape. I hope in the future more companies can take a lead and really get outside the box in this category like Redcon1 did with MRE. But for now MRE stands alone. If it's a product that fits your needs give it a try. You won't regret it. I know I will be ordering some of the Blueberry Cobbler flavor to try pretty soon!

Thanks to BELDT Labs for sending it out!
      August 9, 2017

Pros:
     Cons:
    • Made In USA
    • GMP
    • Increased Well Being
    • Liquid Filled Capsules
    • Non-GMO Formula
    • Low Dosage On Some Ingredients

Okay, I'm pulling the tried and true "we had a baby" excuse for the tardiness of this review. A lot of things that used to be priorities don't even make the list these days...anyhow thanks to Beldt Labs for understanding and being cool about it (I was in contact with the rep through the TROOPER CP). Also a thank you because I received a full 2 month supply instead of the standard 1 bottle.

Beldt has built a solid foundation on this site, mostly with their fat burner Skald, so when I saw the multivitamin pop up I wanted to give it a try. Another thing that interested me is that this product was a liquid cap and I have heard that vitamins absorb better in liquid form but have never tried one out. Additionally, I had not been on a multi for a few months before using this product so I felt it would be a good run to really see how it performed.

You know, your general A-Z vitamins are in here with a small blend other trace nutrients and a small fruit and veggie blend. Nothing special really jumped off the label but nothing was missing from what I normally look for in a multi. I do like that you get 1000 IU of Vitamin D and a 25mg B-Complex and I wish there was a little more Vitamin C. If you've read any of my other multi reviews you'll know I don't expect my multi to give me every single nutrient in an effective dose because that's stupid. However, the fruit and veggie blend is so small at 5mg I think it might be better just left out. But I get it, it does look good on the label. It's not a big deal to me. Overall though, I just want something to help fill in the gaps in my nutrition and I think Prizm does that.

No taste or mixing. They recommend 2 caps 1-2 times a day. I just took two with my first meal every day. I didn't feel the need to dose any higher than that. Probably better to split the dose up but I ain't got no time for dat.

Not being on a multi I did actually notice this product at first; at least until my body got used to it and things became the "new norm". I felt a little bit more energy throughout my day and was able to rely on caffeine less than usual. I even weened myself off my daily Bang energy drink to something with less caffeine! I felt pretty good overall while on this and didn't get sick at all either despite being exposed to some nasty stuff including spending time in the hospital too for the birth. I also recovered well from my rides and felt good pushing hard on the bike. I'm not 100% sure if it's the liquid formula absorbing better or not but I think anecdotally it did help the product work better. I got just as good of results as some other multis I have tried that have much larger doses of ingredients.

This is a good value as it will only run you $15/month. Yes there are cheaper options out there. You can always go to Costco and buy like a bajillion year supply for $2.43 but you're gonna get what you pay for in quality there. So for a better multi than Costco/Centrum/One a Day this is a really competitive price. Products in a similar tier are in general priced the same or more.

Side Effects

Just a few vitamin burps occasionally. Not enough to bother be really and usually only if I ate something that put a lot of air in my system or drank a pop.

Conclusion

Prizm may not look the "best" on paper or on the label but it actually performed really well for me and I would consider using it again sometime. I do think there is something to the liquid absorption boosting efficacy. I may play around with that some more in the future. It's a well priced product in its category and if you're looking for some basic multi support I'd say give it a try! You could definitely do worse than Prizm.

Thanks to RSP for sending it out!
      June 10, 2017

• Improves Recovery
    • Hydration
    • Very Average

Long time no see fellow reviewers. I haven't been able to be as active on here as I want to be because...life. BCAAs remain a staple for me although my interest has shifted from lifting weights to cycling (like riding a bike really fast, not the other type of cycling you're thinking of). Now that some decent weather is finally upon us I have shifted exclusively onto the bike and I'm racking up 120-150 miles a week of solo riding. It takes its toll on the body and BCAAs help me feel a little better because also I'm old (not as old as some of you I know but old enough to feel it). I know this is a weight lifting website but if anyone here does ride and uses Strava PM me and we can find each other. I love getting motivated by seeing what others are doing.

Thanks to RSP labs for being a board sponsor and making this available to the Troopers. And sorry it took so long. Part of the reason was I crashed pretty bad and was off the bike for 10 days and didn't take this very much during that time.

RSP kept things pretty simple. 6g BCAAs, some electrolytes (some from coconut water), 1g L-Citrulline Malate, and BioPerine pepper extract for absorption. I like the BioPerine; that's a nice addition as there's some great evidence showing it really makes a difference. Sounds pretty close to another major brands profile doesn't it? One that rhymes with "lets bend," perhaps?

I tried Raspberry Lemonade and it was meh. Not great, but tolerable. I hesitate to use the word "good" to describe it. You definitely know you're drinking BCAAs. There are much better flavored products out there. I did like that the dyes are minimal. I didn't hate it but I didn't look forward to drinking it either.

Mixing was okay. I've also used products that mixed better though. This one took a few minutes longer than average to mix.

I dosed this two ways. 1 scoop pretty much first thing every morning in about 10oz of water and then a heaping scoop during my rides as well. During my rides it was often mixed with some Gatorade, Dextrose, pre workout, or who knows what else I decided to throw in that day.

This worked about as well as most other BCAA I have used. It always helped me push a little harder during my rides and recover faster after so I could get back out ASAP. I do like that it should help with preventing muscle breakdown as well, especially since I'm not currently lifting. I don't have any way to actually measure that but I think there is enough evidence out there to feel warrant saying it helps. Electrolytes are also very nice to have in a product when outside sweating a lot. Sometimes I'm on the bike for 3+ hours in the heat so hydration is really important. ReGen did help me stay hydrated and I never had any cramping or anything like that. I like that I didn't have to add any extra electrolytes to my bottle. The L-Citrulline is nice but at 1g its effects are not really noticeable. Overall, it was very average and didn't have any extra effects above and beyond what I expected.

It's a little confusing here because I was sent a 50 serving tub but now I see 30 serving tubs seem the norm. The only place I could see the 50 was like Ebay from aftermarket sellers. All the major retailers had the 30 servings. So I'm going to judge the value by the 30 serving size since it seems like that's what you can purchase now if you want to try it out. $20-$23 seems the norm for 30 servings and this is a great value for what you get. Sure there are better deals out there but this is really a very reasonable price for 30 servings of BCAAs at 6g per serving and if you want to try it the price shouldn't be holding you back.

Side Effects

Conclusion

ReGen BCAA was just a completely average product for me and that's why the rating is a little lower than it could be. It's a solid product in the BCAA category but it definitely doesn't go above and beyond to stand out or do anything special. Honestly, if it tasted better that rating probably goes up .5-.8 overall. I know I'm a wuss for caring about taste but that's okay, I don't mind!

Thanks to Vital 4U® for sending it out!
      November 16, 2016

Pros:
     Cons:
    • Really Wide Array Of Ingredients
    • Fully Disclosed Label
    • Too Many Pills
    • Levels Of Some Nutrients Too High
    • Levels Of Some Nutrients Too Low
    • Vitamin Burps
    • Cost Is A Little On The High Side

Hi everyone! Today I have review up for Vital 4U Premium Multivitamin. I would like to thank supplementreviews.com and Vital4U for participating in the TROOPER program that allowed me to try this product free of charge in exchange for an honest review. I have tried a couple of other Vital4U products and had a good experience so I was excited to try their multivitamin pack. I always use one to fill in the gaps in my nutrition because I definitely do not eat a varied enough diet to be satisfied that I am getting everything I need through diet alone. Although I am by no means an expert, I do think I have an above average knowledge of this type of supplement and I am most definitely more picky than average. I feel that probably led to a less satisfying experience with this product than the average person might have.

For some context, during the bulk of my run with this product I was cycling 3-4 times a week and not in the gym lifting weights at all. I averaged about 120 miles a week and was always sore as hell because I am new to the sport. I just started to get back into the gym after about 4 months completely off during the last week of this product. This vitamin pack is a lot more than just a multivitamin so I'm going to break it down as best I can for you. Strap in and clear your schedule; this is a long one.

Well there's a lot more in here than your standard multivitamin that's for sure! There are a couple "off the path" ingredients in here that I would like to point out for sure. The first is Lecithin. Lecithin is in about every product under the sun as an emulsifier (to help mixability) but in this large of a dose it's know to help lower LDL and total cholesterol. There is also some evidence that it can lower cortisol, which is not a bad thing for active people. They also include bee pollen. I'm not super familiar with the ingredient, but I know it's a super food type of ingredient with a whole slew of natural vitamins and amino acids. It also offers some amino acids, digestive enzymes, and herbs. However, none of these are really in doses large enough for anyone to see acute effects. No multivitamin does though. Again, this is just a supplement for overall health. If you want to see the acute effects of Ginkgo Biloba go buy a high quality single ingredient standardized extract. Producing a multivitamin with effective doses of ingredients like this is incredibly impractical and I hate it when people whine that these extra additions are under dosed. Overall, it's a cool blend of ingredients and I especially like the Lecithin and Bee Pollen. It's nice to see something different that I've never seen in another product.

14 Pills - It's a mixture of caplets and gel caps and oh my, there are a lot of them. Please see the picture I have attached to get an idea. Reading 14 pills is one thing but seeing 14 pills in someones hand gives some better perspective. From a user-ability standpoint I did not enjoy taking that many pills. I took everything at once with my first meal. Mostly just to get it done with and because if I try to take multiple doses I end up forgetting. Counting in my other supplements in pill form, 2 fish oil, 2 joint formula, 2 probiotic, this has me taking 20 pills a day. For me it was just too much and not something I could handle year around. On the plus side all the pills did seem to break down just fine for me, which is indicative of good quality. Often poor quality caplets will not break down correctly. I also never had any issues with pills getting stuck in my throat as they are well coated. If you've ever had that happen you know how much of a panic that can cause! If I did this again I would try to split some of this stuff up and I would definitely recommend that you do so if you take this product. You do always want to take vitamins with a whole food as well for better absorption.

First off I want to say that I DID NOT notice any specific, acute effects from this Multi. I never do from any multi; and so, I will not be penalizing the product because I "didn't feel it working". I don't expect any multivitamin to give me an acute effect but rather like them to fill in the gaps as an added insurance policy, if you will. So instead, I'll let you know what I liked, and didn't like about the product.

Let start with the bad:
    As the title implies, my main problem with this product was a few things that it had too much of rather than what it was lacking. First off, the Vitamin A level is too high for my comfort. Vitamin A is one very few vitamins you really DO need to worry about overdosing on. Vitamin A here is at 25,000IU with 15,000IU of that coming from Beta Carotene. I'm going to assume the other 10,000IU is from Retinyl Acetate. Now I realized that my body will not convert all the Beta Carotene into Vit A, but 10,000IU of Retinyl Acetate is already on the high side of what I feel comfortable with. Fun fact, Polar Bear liver is so full of Vitamin A that consuming it can kill you. So don't do that. The second thing in here that is too high for my liking is Calcium. When all the sources of Calcium in the product are added up (it's spread out in different pills) you get 1250mg of Calcium Carbonate. That's as much as you're going to find in a product made specifically for bone health or preventing Osteoporosis. I have never seen so much calcium in any mens multivitamin ever. Mostly, I just don't think this is a nutrient most active guys are gonna be lacking. I know I'm not. Between the 3-4 cups of milk I drink every day and other whole food sources like cheese and veggies there's no way I need this much extra on top. Maybe if you're a vegetation or vegan this much calcium would be beneficial, but I don't think that's most of us here. On top of that Calcium Carbonate is pretty much the least absorbable form of Calcium and I may have had some side effects from it. Finally, my last issue is the 400IU of Vitamin E. It is the natural d-Alpha-tocopherol form rather than the cheaper synthetic form, but I'm personally not comfortable with that much Vitamin E. At best, there's really no evidence showing that taking this much is going to help you and at worst there is some evidence showing that it may actually harm you in the long run! On the other end of the spectrum there is one nutrient that I wish they had MORE of in the product. That would be good old Vitamin D. My issues are twofold with this. First, we get 900IU total which is better than Centrum or One A Day, but I'd rather see 1500-2000IU as there is quite a bit of evidence (and more coming out all the time) that supplementing with a larger amount of Vit D can be very beneficial. It's got to be the most common single vitamin sold today in the US. The second issue is that the majority (500mg) of that Vit D is in the form of Vitamin D-2 (Ergocalciferol). This form is NOT as absorbable as the more popular D-3 from (Cholecalciferol) and I can't really figure out why at this stage of the game they wouldn't just use D-3. It's not like it's that expensive. Finally another nutrient I'd like to see more of is B Vitamins (excluding B-12). You only get 100% DV or less of these in here, which in the world of B vitamins isn't very much at all. I'd like to see at least a 50mg B-Complex. One last thing I don't love is the amount of fillers in these pills. I understand that some fillers and excipients must be used to press a caplet but some use more than others and the list of "other ingredients" is quite long for this product compared to others I have seen.

Okay, on to the good now:
    I love the C-Complex vitamin in here. You get an above average amount of Vit C and a nice dose of Citrus Bioflavanoids, Rutin, and Quercetin. All these are great antioxidants,great for the immune system, and enhance the effects Vitamin C has on it's own. Like wise, I love the nice dose of B-12 for energy. Not only do you get a great dose at 1000mg but it is the Methylcobalamin form which is far superior to the usual Cyanocobalamin form. Nicely done! It's also nice to see a decent mineral blend, which is something a lot of multivitamins just kind of gloss over. As I mentioned earlier, Soy Lecithin is a cool ingredient to have included as well.

It's not widely available so you're looking at about $45 for a 30 day supply. You do get a lot in here, but there are other vitapak options out there that are similar that do cost less (Animal Pak comes to mind). So it's an okay value, but a bit on the high side. The rest on of the value is going to be a judgment call on how much you liked the product. Personally since I didn't love it I think the value is a little low.

Side Effects

Vitamin burps. If you've ever had these you know what I mean. If not, lucky you. They're not pleasant. I also had some mild constipation which I think was due to excessive calcium as I mentioned earlier.

And now a mini rant! Yellow urine is NOT a side effect from taking a multivitamin. I get so tired of reading reviews that list this and then say that you're just "peeing out all the vitamins". If you think this then you're an idiot. You will, of course, lose SOME of the vitamins in your urine. The human body does not absorb 100% of anything you put in it. Most of what you lose in your urine is B and C vitamins as they are water soluble. Your body takes what it needs while they're in your system and, yes, gets rid of the rest in your urine. You can't store them like fat soluble vitamins so what else is it supposed to do with them? Just because you have some yellow pee does NOT mean your body isn't absorbing some vitamins and benefiting because of them! END RANT

Conclusion

I realize I am perhaps a bit more educated than the average consumer and, as a result, also a bit more picky. I still gave the product a pretty high score considering how much more negative there is than positive in the review and I hope that explains why. Ironically, I liked the "extras" more than I liked the vitamin part of it, but that's not why I take a multivitamin. It's the vitamin part of it that's more important to me. So that's a problem. Although I wouldn't personally use it again because my negative column was greater than my positive column, I do think it's still a decent product from a good brand. There are going to be lots of people out there who love this product and it's going to work well for them. I do think there are always improvements to be made and I think Vital4U could improve their product by cutting down some of the pills and tweaking the nutrient levels of some of the ingredients as I mentioned before. You could definitely do way worse than this product and if you don't mind a lot of pills and aren't as picky as I am about stuff then definitely give it a try!

Thanks!

Thanks to Legion Supplements for sending it out!
      October 25, 2016

Pros:
     Cons:
    • Provides A Lot Of Natural Nutrients
    • For An All Natural Greens Formula Actually Tastes Okay
    • Nice Libido Boost
    • Fully Disclosed Label
    • Effectively Dosed
    • Did Not Help Immune System
    • Got My Wife Pregnant

As always a big thank you to supplementreviews.com and Legion Supplements for offering and participating in the TROOPER program. I appreciate getting to try this unique product for free in exchange for an honest review. I apologize for the tardiness of this review but I'm not going to offer an excuse because those are like buttholes. Everybody has one.

I think it's safe to say that most of us do not eat enough fruits and especially veggies every day. I know I don't. Given that many studies have shown eating lots of fruits and veggies will literally help us live longer, healthier lives it's really something we should all take a little more interest in. I often use a Superfoods powder of some type to help make up the difference. However, Genesis is a little different than your typical Superfoods and that's why it caught my eye. It's really more than just a Superfoods formula, as it tries to address some other specific concerns besides the typical antioxidants, phytonutrients, and vitamins.

Over the years I've tried a lot of supplements, including many different Superfoods/Greens formulas. Most of them are pretty much all the same. They have a hundred different ingredients in big proprietary blends. This one really caught my eye because it's different. It's just a few ingredients with large, disclosed doses. I'm not going to get into all of them specifically because I am not an expert on any of them but the website tells me they were all chosen based on clinical research and effective doses.

I am familiar with Spirulina and know that it's a algae that is super rich in Phytonutrients. Maca should be another ingredient familiar to many of us as it is in a lot of test boosters. It's there for libido and natural energy. I also liked that I saw Astragalus as I have had many people over the years tell me it's really good for immune function and I have always wanted to try it. I know the mushrooms are good for you too but I can't tell you why. They're probably better for you than the ones that make you trip balls, probably. I suggest if you really want to delve deep into the ingredients check out the website. It goes quite in depth on everything.

For me it was enough to see quite a few things I know are supposed to be good for me in good doses and extracts.

I'm yet to truly encounter any Superfoods formula that really tastes good or that I would say I actually want to drink. Genesis doesn't try to hide behind a flavoring either. It just has some Stevia to sweeten it up a bit. That said, Genesis was actually better than most. At first I tried to hide it in a protein shake or smoothie, but it just made anything I put it in taste super weird. So I ended up just taking it straight, first thing in the morning. 1 scoop seemed like a lot so most of the time I used about 3/4 of a scoop in 8oz of water. Once I got used to it, it was fine. Although I didn't enjoy the flavor I didn't have to choke it down or try not to throw up afterwards or anything like that and I didn't dread having to drink it every day. I also really liked that it wasn't gritty. Grit bothers me more than taste.

Genesis does make a few claims on the front label; energy, well being, anti anxiety, vitality, and immunity. Besides the general "greens being good for your health" thing, I was really hoping this would help with my immune function. My wife is in school getting her degree in Early Childhood Ed. So between germs from people in class and the babies and children she works with I am literally ALWAYS sick to some degree. I don't even remember what it's like to be able to breathe through my nose or without coughing anymore. I already take a probiotic and vitamins but obviously that isn't working. Unfortunately, I didn't really see any improvement while on this product, but these things take time to work and I was already sick when I started taking it. So I'm not convinced it was a fair shake for Genesis.

I did get a nice libido boost from the Maca so the vitality claim was in force. I'm not sure that this was a good thing though for two reasons. One, I was horny and couldn't get any very often, which was frustrating (like high school!!!). Two, when I did get some I got my wife pregnant. Which is not a bad thing overall, but it was LITERALLY the first try. I was kinda hoping it would take awhile so I wouldn't have a new baby right at the beginning of summer next year and have my summer ruined. Oh well.

Energy/Well Being was a bit of a miss for me too. However, I've never noticed energy from any products other that stimulants. Like B12 doesn't do anything for me or vitamins or natural products. So again, energy wasn't really my primary concern and it's probably not Genesis's fault. I bet if you respond well to "natural" energy enhancers you would probably get something from it. I respond really well to 300mg of caffeine so I'm going to stick with my Bang when I want energy.

I was also curious to see if I noticed any anti anxiety effects as I do suffer from anxiety. Well I didn't, but I still think it's a good product!

Overall, I thought the product was really effective. Good ingredients at good doses makes a winning formula. The quality of the raw ingredients and overall product seemed high as well. It gave me the nutrients I feel I was lacking and that was my main concern. The other things were secondary.

You can find this for $40 direct from Legion Supplements or on Amazon. $1.30 per serving isn't too bad considering the disclosed ingredients and their potency. If you use a little less than a serving a day like I did it will last you nearly two months and improves the value even more. I truly don't mind paying for a product that tells me exactly what I'm getting. I'm likely to buy this in the future.

Side Effects

Conclusion

So, I really just wanted something that was going to make me feel better about not eating perfect, give me a lot of nutrients that will help me live longer, and was, of course, of good quality and dosage. I feel like Genesis delivered on that front. I have never been of the opinion that you have to FEEL something for it to be working. Just because you don't feel it doesn't mean it isn't good and beneficial to you. People don't eat Blueberries and be all like, "oh man, I can FEEL THEM WORKING!!!!!". But we all know they're good for us. So if you want to get more whole food nutrients into your life, give Genesis a try!

Overall
    Thanks to Ronnie Coleman Signature Series for sending it out!
      September 14, 2016

Pros:
     Cons:
    • Increased Hydration
    • Boost Of Endurance
    • Increased Recovery
    • Best Used Only On A Cut
    • Under-dosing In Some Ingredients
    • Proprietary Blend On Many Ingredients

As always a big thank you to supplementreviews.com and RCSS for participating in the TROOPER program. I was able to try this product free of charge in exchange for an honest review. Apologies for the tardiness of this review. It's been a crazy summer and my workout goals changed completely in the middle of this product which made it a little difficult to evaluate. As always, I shall do my best to give a fair, accurate review.

When I started this run I was just kind of in summer maintenance mode. I tend to gain fat in the summers and I thought maybe Amino Tone could help me keep some of it off. Where I live, summers are precious and due to my lifestyle there simply isn't time to get to the gym much. Nearly every weekend I am out of town without gym facilities and during the week I'm either at work or enjoying outdoor activities. On top of that I fell in love with cycling, bought my first road bike, and completely stopped lifting weights in about mid July. There simply isn't time for both. I will pick up the iron again when the weather turns ugly. So this all happened during my run with Amino Tone. Diet has turned to crap really since starting cycling. Cycling 100+ miles every week has made me so hungry, especially for carbs, that I can't control myself. I've actually gained about 4lbs. So this is the framework of which I will try to give my best impressions on Amino Tone. Just so everyone knows I didn't really have a good setup to get the most out of the product, and that's on me, not the product.

The ingredient profile is good, but not great due to the proprietary blends. I really like that there is a big electrolyte and hydration blend. I always look for that in a BCAA formula since I use mine intra workout. At 5g the BCAAs are a middling dose and I like the inclusion of HICA, which is a nice addition. The "Tone" part from the name is something a little different for a BCAA. The main ingredients here look like Coleus Forskohlii and Raspberry Ketones. Raspberry Ketones are worthless IMO but Coleus Forskohlii has some legitimate benefits. Also so in this blend are a couple focus ingredients; Choline and Inositol. Unfortunately, everything except the BCAA is in a blend so I don't really know how effective doses are or what concentration the Forskohlii is. Finally, as most of RCSS products I've seen they include AstraGin for absorption, which is great as well.

I had the America flavor and while it did taste like a rocket pop, I didn't really like the flavor as much when it wasn't mixed with equal parts sugar like a Popsicle LOL. For me, it just tasted like a really weird Lemonade. Don't get me wrong, it was totally drinkable. I wasn't choking it down or anything. I just wouldn't get this particular flavor again.

Mixability in a blender ball shaker was fine, even with cold water or ice. I do like that there was not a ton of dyes in it. Well done.

I just dosed a heaping scoop with 20oz of water during activities. Pretty standard and very easy.

As I mentioned earlier, I used this for two different type of activity, weight lifting and cycling. I in the gym I noticed all the usual things I get from a BCAA. I get a little better endurance and can push a little harder on whatever I'm lifting that day. I can get a little more work done that I can without it. I usually do some cardio too and I like the hydration blend that keeps me from cramping or having any issue there. Recovery and soreness is was better than using nothing.

I think I noticed the effects even more from cycling, since this is a new stimulus to my muscles and nervous system. Recovery was way better when I used this during a ride and I definitely had more stamina during the rides as a result of staying well hydrated. I will continue to use BCAAs during my rides as my body adapts to the new stimulus. Right now I'm still sore all the damn time regardless!

As far as the weight loss goes, obviously I didn't see anything there. However, as I mentioned earlier my diet wasn't correct, nor was I on any type of cut so I don't blame that at all on the Amino Tone. I do suspect that unless you're on a cut and diet is dialed in then you probably won't see much weight loss. How much "extra" weight you would lose with this product if using on a cut I can only guess.

I've seen this 30 servings go for $24-$28 which comes out about a dollar per serving since I dosed it at about 1.5 scoop. Really, that's not a terrible price. There are certainly cheaper BCAA products out there but since this profile is somewhat unique with the weight loss complex it's not exactly apple to apples. There are also plenty of brands out there that give you less for more money.

Side Effects

None!

Conclusion

Personally, I don't think I would use this product again unless I was on a true cut. I just don't see the need to pay for weight loss ingredients otherwise. If you are on a cut, Amino Tone would be a nice BCAA formula to employ. Every little bit helps when you're on a cut. That said you could certainly do worse on a general BCAA products than this. I've tried a few RCSS products now and I am confident that they are of good quality and that means everything in the supplement world. Full marks also for doing something a little different than the competition. I definitely think there's a place in the market for Amino Tone and hope to see it stick around.

Thanks for reading!

Thanks to Intelligent Labs for sending it out!
      July 13, 2016

Pros:
     Cons:
    • Easy Bowel Movements
    • Less Stomach Bloat
    • Less Gas
    • High Quality Ingredients
    • Time Released Formula
    • Keeps You Regular
    • Digestion

I'd like to start off by extending a thank you to supplementreviews.com and Intelligent Labs for offering and participating in the TROOPER review program. This program allowed me to try the product for free in exchange for an honest, unbiased review.

Along with a multivitamin and fish oil, probiotics are actually a staple supplement for me. I have used a few different brands and strengths in the last couple years, so I do have some basis for comparison. As I have documented in some of my other reviews for gut related products, I have some digestive issues that have been drastically improved though the use of fiber and prebiotic/probiotic supplements. I've talked to many folks living the high protein lifestyle who have similar issue with regulating BMs and gas/bloating. The main issue for me is staying regular. Unaided by supplements I find myself either not going for days, or having the runs, and having very bad gas/bloating in either case. This is exacerbated when I get out of my normal daily routine when I travel, which I do a lot in the summer, where I tend to get VERY backed up (like not having a BM for up to a week). Living with all those issues makes me uncomfortable a lot of the time, no doubt. For me, a good probiotic evens everything out, helps me have healthy BMs most every day, and cuts down on the gas and bloating. So, let me share how Intelligent Labs product performed.

First off, let me say that I AM NOT an expert on all the different probiotic strains of bacteria. So I'm not even going to attempt to give any information about the types this product contains. What I can say is that I have noticed that for me, products with more strains seem to work better. Intelligent Labs has 10 different strains at 50 Billion CFU, which is on par with other good quality probiotics I have used. CFU stands for Colony Forming Units; basically the measurement of how much probiotics are in a product. The bigger the number the more potent. Each of the strains is trademarked and used specifically for its effectiveness. I like seeing trademarked ingredients because they are usually indicative of very high quality. They also include Sunfiber (Guar Gum) which is a top quality soluble fiber and Fructooligosacharrides which are prebiotics. These prebiotics are basically food for the bacteria and keep them alive. This is one of the ways Intelligent Labs guarantees full potency until their expiration date, even stored at room temperature. I love that I don't have to keep these in the fridge. It is VERY convenient. They have some other good methods to ensure potency as well. They actually fill each capsule to 70 Billion CFU at manufacture to account for some death and degradation over time. They also use a bottle with a special lining to absorb all moisture down to .1% since moisture kills probiotics. .1% is pretty incredibly dry and very impressive! In the write up they mentioned we would notice the quality of the container since this was actually a vital part of the quality of their product. In addition to all that the veggie capsules themselves are time release to allow them to get to the intestine before opening; thus delivering their payload where it's needed instead of having much of it killed off by the stomach. I have to say I agree as you can see the special coating inside the bottle, it seals very well, and is about twice as heavy as a normal plastic bottle of its size. I have to say I'm really impressed the ingredient profile on this product.

Taste/Dosing

Each capsule contains 50 Billion CFU which for someone with my issues is a great daily maintenance dose. I do feel that 50 Billion CFU might be a little overkill for someone without any issues but it's not like taking extra is going to hurt you. A lot of people I have spoken who have tried probiotics tell me they didn't do anything. Invariably they were taking a cheap one from Walgreens or some such that is only 1-5 Billion CFU. Potency matters, people! I'm glad Intelligent Labs dosed it more on the heavy side. If you happen to be on an antibiotic you can always double it up to hit 100 CFU a day which is ideal when drugs are killing off everything in your system.

The capsules didn't have any taste and were easy to swallow. They suggest taking them in the morning on an empty stomach but they worked just fine for me taking them at lunch, even though I usually took it with my food, not on an empty stomach.

As far as addressing all the concerns I listed earlier, this product is hands down the best performing probiotic I have used to date. BMs were happening very regularly; almost every day and sometimes more than once, which is fantastic. Gas and bloating were kept to a minimum because food and waste were moving through my system quickly and efficiently. When traveling I still had some of the normal issues, but greatly reduced in severity. I also felt like I was absorbing a lot more nutrients from my food, although I can't quantify that other than just saying that I felt really good while on the product and had no upset stomach after any meals which I sometimes do get. I did still have some loose BMs but that was usually only after my workout when I had consumed a ton of stims and creatine, so that's to be expected. Again, the severity of this was vastly reduced. Overall, my digestive tract felt as good as it ever has and it showed in my energy levels and enthusiasm for life. I find life is a little easier when you feel physically well.

On their own website or amazon.com a 60 servings run at $40. They even offer free shipping on all orders. At one a day like I ran it this is a great value. Although there are cheaper options out there this is a product where you get what you pay for but you could easily pay just as much or more for a far inferior product. Honestly, I'm super surprised that something of this quality isn't running at a much higher price. Intelligent Labs truly seems interested in brings high quality, affordable supplements to market, just like the "About Us" section on their website says. Well done!

Side Effects

Conclusion

I'm really impressed by Intelligent Labs and would recommend them to anyone. I hope down the road they can continue to expand into more supplements. Usually, I ignore most all the marketing hype from companies because 9 times out of 10 it's all just BS to try to sell the same old stuff. Intelligent Labs is that 1 out of 10 that I have found myself able to buy into. After using two of their products (check out my review on their fish oil) I am really confident that this is a fantastic company that delivers on their claims. After adding all the positives of the probiotic up I am just really impressed with the formula and attention to detail. It's definitely above and beyond what I have seen any other manufacturer doing with their products. If you have some digestive issues definitely give this product a try!

Overall
      Thanks to VPX for sending it out!
        June 30, 2016

• High Caffeine Content
      • Smooth Energy
      • Tastes Great
      • Wish Effects Lasted Longer
      • Not Enough For A True Pre Workout
      • Prop Blend

Big thank you to VPX for sending these out to the TROOPERs! I received a case of Bang in exchange for an honest, unbiased review.

As the title says I love energy drinks. I tend to use them on days off from the gym when I need a pick me up. I also use them when I drive, as in the summer I'm doing a 4 hour each way trip back and forth from our cabin most every weekend. To me there's just something immensely satisfying about drinking a nice cold, delicious energy drink. My normal go to is the Monster Absolute Zero but even the big can isn't quite enough stims for me anymore (I think it comes in at like 225mg). I was excited to try Bang when I saw it was geared more towards supplement users rather than the general public.

I love that Bang is calorie free! Any energy drink I use has got to be calorie free or very close to it. I really like that at 300mg the caffeine is higher than your average energy drink. For those of us stim junkies who love pre workouts and have been using them for years you've got to get at least that much to feel it. Other than that you get some BCAAs which is cool, but I don't see how there could be anywhere near an effective dose. The other unique thing in Bang is the SUPER CREATINE (assuming that is creatine that comes with a cape). I kid, but the form is Creatyl-L-Leucine, or basically creatine bonded to Leucine. So I had never heard of this particular ingredient before and I queried the rep about it. Here's what he said:

"The creatine in there is actually something very special...it is the world's only water stable creatine. It is Creatine-Leucine peptide. Think of this...if you mix creatine in water, it sinks and if you mix leucine in water, it floats....if you combine the two into a peptide, it creates a water soluble and water-stable form of creatine. It also has a fatty acid chain that makes it easier to cross the blood brain barrier. The focus of the super creatine is not for muscle function, but for cognition...by combining this form of creatine with caffeine, it works synergistically for mental focus." - Petey7408

I did give it a google but couldn't really find much on it myself. Honestly, I didn't try that hard.

I was very curious to know how much BCAA and creatine Bang contains but the rep was not able to answer that question. I guess the secret of the proprietary blend goes all the way to the top of the company and he was not privy to that information. This does annoy me, but it's an energy drink primarily, not a BCAA or Creatine so it's not a big deal to me really. The creatine and BCAAs are just like the cherry on top of an already delicious product.

These are RTDs so they're super convenient. I like not having to mix powder sometimes. Simply put these taste great. I like my energy drinks on the less sweet side so I requested, and received, Sour Heads flavor. I loved it! It was indeed, not too sweet and I loved drinking every single can. I also picked up a couple of the other flavors to try (Star Blast and Lemon Drop) out and you can see my ratings on those at the bottom. Star Blast was too sweet for me but the Lemon Drop was really good. I want to try all the other flavors now. That's another great thing they've done is branch out into some really cool flavors and made a nice variety for the consumer instead of just the same old fruit punch and blue razz. Dosing was easy; just guzzle down a can!

As an energy drink these are great. They gave me a solid boost of energy for 2-3 hours and I didn't crash. The first hour I definitely noticed an increase in focus. It was more noticeable than just a caffeine pill so I assume it was the Super Creatine having an effect. The only thing I wish it that it would have lasted longer because although the energy remained the focus wore off in less than an hour usually.

These are also marketed as a pre workout. I did not try one pre workout because I knew it just wouldn't be enough. I want my endurance and pumps and really strong energy (using a 1/2 scoop of Finaflex Stimul8 combined with a more low stim pump based pre workout right now and LOVING IT) for my workouts. I could see using Bang in a pinch but there's no way it could ever replace a true pre workout for me.

These guys run about $2 a pop which is on par or actually cheaper than a lot of competitors. They're a great deal; enough said!

Side Effects

An extreme wish I could drink more than 1 can at a time because it tastes so good.

Conclusion

I love that I can have a zero cal energy drink that tastes great and provides a little bit of BCAAs and creatine to boot. I'll be purchasing these regularly and would recommend them to anyone who enjoys a higher stim option in their energy drink. I think VPX did a great job targeting supplement users with this product instead of trying to make a mass market product for the gas station counter like so many others. I appreciate that!

Overall
      Thanks to Intelligent Labs for sending it out!
        June 30, 2016

Pros:
       Cons:
      • No Fishy Taste
      • Third Party Testing
      • Excellent Potency
      • Very High Quality
      • A LITTLE More Expensive Than Competition

Thank you to supplementreviews.com and Intelligent Labs for participating in the TROOPER program. I received a complimentary bottle of their fish oil in exchange for an honest, unbiased review.

I have taken a daily dose of fish oil for over 5 years now to get all the benefits it offers. For years I took about 1g a day but in the last 6 months I upped it to 2g a day and noticed a big difference. As I continue to get older recovery, inflammation, and joint health keep getting worse. Fish oil is a big part of my supplement regiment to help keep those issues at bay. I also hardly ever eat fish so it's a nutrient I know I lack for general health purposes as well. Let me share how Intelligent Labs performed!

The big selling points on Intelligent Labs fish oil seem to be that it is the natural triglyceride form and that the EPA/DHA is in a 3:2 ratio. From what I gathered from the website, the triglyceride form is more bio-available for the body to use than the Ester form. Similarly the 3:2 fatty acid ratio is supposed to be optimal. It's really hard to tell if these things really make a difference or not. I mean, you have all the studies but it really depends how much faith you put into them. I'm quite jaded and skeptical of EVERYTHING. Just because a study says it doesn't make it true. In this case though, there are many other signs that point to this fish oil being superb, so I will give them the benefit of the doubt. I do like that these are molecularly distilled, which is a must have for any fish oil going into my body and also manufactured in USA in a GMP and FDA approved facility. They also say right on their website they'd be happy to share testing certificates on request (although I did not test that out). The potency of these is also excellent with 3 pills providing 2250mg of Omega-3 (EPA1224/DHA816/Other Omega-3 210). One serving will definitely give you everything you need. Overall, it's a fantastic profile.

I took the full dose of 3 pills a day with my first real meal, usually lunch. The pills are smooth and easy to swallow. There is a nice lemony scent that comes out of the bottle and no hint of fishiness. This is one of best signs to look for when determining quality. Quality fish oil shouldn't smell fishy at all. The pills have no taste and I rarely got any fish burps. A few times I did get a hint of it but it was only when I burped from swallowing air while eating or from drinking a carbonated beverage. It certainly wasn't from the fish oil itself. Even when I did burp and taste a little bit of fish it was always a very clean fish scent, not a nasty rancid one, again, evidencing the quality of the product. Truthfully, I don't mind a little fish burp. It's not a big deal!

These worked great! I didn't notice any drop off from the brand I was using prior. Recovery, inflammation, and joint pain all stayed about the same. That is to say, none of them were issues that kept me out of the gym or limited any movements. I've been biking A LOT while on this run and I can feel some inflammation in my knees but it was kept at bay by the fish oil for sure. Same with my elbows and shoulders as I have been hitting a lot of volume on arms and shoulders during the run with this product (can't squat or dead due to a strain in my obliques). In my experience there is very little a good fish oil and a few ibuprofen can't fix when it comes to inflammation. I didn't notice any of the other reported benefits of fish oil such as lower triglyceride levels, eye health, skin health, etc. but I've been on fish oil forever so I would really have to stop taking it to see what would happen. However, I'm confident this fish oil was having positive effects in all those areas even though you can't "feel" it working like that. I did not notice any better effectiveness over what I normally use though.

The price direct from the company or Amazon is $30 for a 40 day supply. If you sign up for auto ship you can get that down to $26. Overall, I find it refreshing to see a company putting out such a high quality product at such a reasonable price. While the price is definitely in the ballpark for a quality fish supplement, there ARE better deals out there on products that IMO perform just as well, especially if you buy in bulk. If you truly believe in the EPA/DHA ratio thing, natural triglyceride form, and like that it is sustainable fished I suppose that might raise the value for you from good to great.

The product I normally use I get for around $34.50 for a 60 day supply. That's running a 2 pill serving which provides only about 100mg less of Omega-3s with one less pill I have to take. The EPA/DHA ratio on that product it much heavier on the EPA side though. It is purified by molecular distillation, but I was unable to ascertain if it was the natural triglyceride form or not. I also have no idea what kind of fish it comes from or if it is produced sustainably. So my usual brand does work out a bit cheaper and over the course of a year would save me a significant amount of money. I think the value really hinges on how important that stuff is to an individual vs. overall price. Personally, I'm cheap; since I didn't notice any benefits above and beyond my normal fish oil I won't likely change unless the price is equal or less than what I'm taking now.

Side Effects

Conclusion

I've been around the block enough to know a very good product when I see one and Intelligent Labs has a GREAT fish oil formula here. Although it's a little more expensive than some other quality brands it's still in the ballpark on pricing. You should never go really cheap on any supplements but especially not on fish oil. A poor quality fish oil really can do more harm than good. Using this product was a pleasure and I'd be glad to recommend it to any of my friends or family. Intelligent Labs appears to be a brand that truly wants to do supplements right and I will be on the lookout for an expanding product line from them in the future because I would love to try more of their products.

May 11, 2016

• Great For Meal Replacement
      • Good For Those Who Need Extra Calories
      • Marketing Makes It Wrong Choice For Many

Ah good old Syntha-6. Protein choice of newbs across the globe and few among us haven't tried it at some point, right?

Syntha-6 gets a pretty bad rap, I think, among those more experienced in the supplement world. Most of the reviews we see are from newbs who seldom have the knowledge to think critically about the product. As someone who has been around the industry and used many different supplements over the years I wanted to write this review because I think I can bring a unique perspective on Syntha-6. I hope it might help those new to lifting and supplementing make a more informed decision on if this is the right product for them.

I also have recently enjoyed using the product myself and want to share my experience with it. I first tried it over 6 years ago and didn't have a very good experience. Sure it tasted great but I remember having to run to the bathroom like immediately after. The quality seemed poor and it ran right through me. So I didn't try it again for a long time. I spent 6 years giving it a bad rap like everyone else. Then about a month ago I tried it again just out of curiosity and had a much better experience. It still tasted great, and this time I had no adverse tummy trouble. The quality seemed much better and I do have a theory I'm going to share with you on why this could be.

BSN was a privately owned company up until the first quarter of 2011. At this time they were bought out by Glanbia. If you don't know Glanbia, they are a huge multi billion dollar international company headquartered in Ireland that deals in all things dairy. Right now they also own Optimum Nutrition and Natures Best (Isopure) brands as well. I have a feeling that after BSN was bought out by Glanbia they would have had the means to affordably increase the quality of their raw ingredients which in turn would lead to a better quality product. I know that the Syntha-6 I had issues with was pre-Glanbia and post-Glanbia I had no problem. This is simply my own speculation. Who know's if any of it's true or not.

It seems to me the most common person who takes Syntha-6 is the guy who just started lifting and his bro told him to go buy it. He usually has little knowledge about lifting, supplementation, or nutrition. Often times they are trying to build muscle and lose fat at the same time, but have no idea how to accomplish this and are usually just using Syntha-6 after their workouts 3-4 times a week. Needless to say, this is not an effective way to use the product and for these people there are certainly better products out there to use in that capacity.

47g per serving
      200 Cal
      6g Fat
      15g Carbs (5g fiber)
      22g Protein

The protein is a blend of whey, casein, milk, and egg; providing a nice variation in absorption rate here. Whey and casein are mot abundant given their placement first on the list. By total volume its a little less than 50% protein. It's certainly not the cleanest product with quite a long list of flavor and texture ingredients. The ingredient profile kind of reads like a meal replacement doesn't it? Ah, we may be on to something here!

I think the taste has always been a big selling point on this product. No doubt BSN owes it's success to this very fact. Indeed, it is one of the best tasting products I have ever used. I have gone through multiple tubs of the Chocolate Milkshake and looked forward to every single shake. I usually mix a scoop with 12 ounces of skim milk. This is also one of the best mixing proteins I have ever used. It's just the right thickness too (that's what she said). I hate shakes that are too thick especially. It mixes completely in milk with no chunks, grittiness, or foam. Foam-i-ness is my biggest personal pet peeve. I will not use a product that turns half my shaker cup into foam after I shake the crap out of it to mix it. One scoop always did the trick for me.

So here's the secret! As a protein powder Syntha-6 falls pretty short, but it's one of the best meal replacement powders I have ever used. I mostly used it for breakfast. Mixed with 12 ounces of skim milk I get about 350 cal, 35g of protein, and some decent carbs and fats. What more could you want? It fills me up for 3-4 hours with minimal calories, which is great as I'm on a cut right now. It helps me get my protein in every day and is a pleasure to use. I would say it is VERY effective when used in this capacity.

My issue, as alluded to earlier, is that all the marketing on the product is geared towards telling people it will help them grow muscle, get swole, and look like Arnold. They're marketing it as a protein powder in the same realm as a 100% whey protein like Gold Standard, or any quality whey isolate. Syntha-6 is absolutely NOT in the same class. Anyone who knows anything about supplements can tell this at the first glance of the label, but newbs don't know. The general workout guy just wants extra protein in his diet with minimal calories because he wants to build muscle and lose fat. For that guy, why would he want a product like Syntha-6 when he could get a hundred other products with more protein and half the calories? Obviously, he wouldn't, but it tastes so good he doesn't care and then they go tell their buddies how good it tastes so you get a chain reaction of uneducated consumers buying the wrong product for their goals. Now if you're a high school athlete or someone with high caloric needs, then this might be a fine protein for you to use. My point is that that's not most people. Most people have no problem getting more than enough calories from their whole food diet.

You can find 48 servings for about $40 online. This is the other reason this product sells so much. It's cheap; but why wouldn't it be when over 50% of it is carbs and fats which are very cheap ingredients compared to protein. On top of that, this is a blend and milk, casein, and egg are all way cheaper than whey. Anyways, as a meal replacement I use 3-4 times a week I think it's a pretty good value for how long it lasts. If I was pounding 3 shakes a day I suppose it would be a different story, but as I just explained I would never use this product like that.

Side Effects

Conclusion

So I hope you enjoyed reading this review. I wanted to do something fun, and a little different. Let me know how well I managed to do that! If you're a newb who stumbled upon this review I hope you learned something and it helps you find the right product for your goals. Syntha-6 is great IF you use it the right way. Used in the wrong way it can be mediocre. I know I will continue to enjoy using it and hopefully try out some new flavors too.