NSP653

• Reputation is very low. (+8)
  • Was an active member for 4 years, but hasn't been online since September, 2016
  • Member has only posted 2 reviews

• Good Focus
  • Effective
  • Pricey
  • Need A Bigger Tub
My typical stack consists of a pre-workout, amino supplement, creatine supplement and protein for recovery. The one aspect I really like to vary is the pre-workout. I find that I quickly build a tolerance to the ingredient profile and the effectiveness of the product decreases over time. So...I trot on over to supplementreviews.com and see what the latest ratings recommend.

I've used a ton of pre-workouts over the years. Almost 25 different products over the last couple of years. They've ranged from the obnoxiously ineffective to "holy cow there's nothing I can't do today". I figured it's time to share my experiences to hopefully assist others. Being an former, competitive power-lifter, I'd say my diet is relatively clean and my workouts definitely intense. I look to pre-workouts for focus and energy to help me push through.

So here begins my review of Platinum PRE. I love Optimum Nutrition products and they have been my primary go-to for protein and weight gain for years. So I was anxious to try their pre-workout. It didn't disappoint and here's why.

Dose, mixability and taste (9/10):
As I've taken pre-workouts for some time, dosing for me is usually the recommended max so for Platinum PRE that means I took a two scoop dose in 8-12 ounces of water before my workout. A few brisk shakes of my shaker cup and the powder was pretty much all dissolved. Occasionally a few extra shakes were needed but I cannot say the product was ever excessively gritty. I've tried the Fruit Punch and Apple flavors and I got to say, the taste is quite good.

Effectiveness (9/10):
As I said, I would take it around 30 minutes before my workout and once I felt a beta-alanine tingle in my eyebrows (yes, I hope you all feel that too it's like a "time to workout clock"), once I felt that, it was go time. Pre-workouts, in my opinion are a very tricky segment of the stack. You want focus, energy and some pump but you don't want to be jittery and all jacked up the rest the day. Platinum PRE delivered. After two containers I found excellent energy and focus that lasted throughout brutal 2+ hour workouts. Great, long lasting energy and focus without the jitters.

Side-effects (9/10):
None to speak of. As I said, I've taken pre-workouts for some time so dosing is not an issue for me. First time users, heed the instructions on the product's label and assess tolerance to avoid any negative experiences!

Cost (7/10):
Here's a bit of a ding. I did have to use the max dose for effectiveness so that meant a ~$36 container only lasted around two weeks or so. That being said, at my weight (around 250lbs.) and the fact that having a tolerance to pre-workouts in general causes me to max-dose, the price isn't outrageous....just wish I could get it cheaper. ;-)

I definitely recommend this product. It has the effects I was looking for in a PW but without the side-effects that accompany many others. I definitely will back to it as I continue my merry-go-round of pre-workouts and hope others feel the product gave them similar results.

Cheers and train like hell!

NSP653

March 3, 2013

Pros:
 Cons:
  • Great Pumps
  • Increased Strength/endurance
    This is my first time reviewing a product although I've relied on the reviews here several times before purchasing a product.

I wanted to write my review on the No Bull product because, well frankly, it impressed me. I've taken a lot of other different pre-workout/NO products in the past...Gaspari Super Pump 250, Cellucor C4, BSN NO-Xplode, etc.

I'm now half way through my second tub of No Bull, so figure about 40+ workouts, and really liking the results. What I found different about No Bull is it delivered better endurance, strength and sustained energy throughout the workouts. The previous products I had taken gave me the beta-alanine tingle, some stimulant energy and decent pumps (vasodialation) but none really seemed to stay with me through the workout or even throughout the day. No Bull does. I seemed to have a much better pump with No Bull than the others. The kind that make you feel the bodyparts you're working have ballooned up.

Taste (8/10): I've taken the Fruit Punch flavor and the taste is good. Not gritty or any strange aftertaste.

Effectiveness (9/10): Quite good. Excellent pump, strength and endurance. Pump seems to stay for prolonged periods after workout.

Focus (7/10): Can't say as I noticed too much here different from other pre-workouts other than once I found I was liking it...I tended to want to workout harder/longer/more. Placebo effect.

Value (9/10): I'm paying $35 on-line for about 30-35 doses. In my book way cheaper than a lot of others out there.

Overall (9/10): I'm very impressed with this pre-workout. Much more so than many of the competitors' products. My only issue is nobody selling it locally anymore and I'm ordering on-line!