Muscleman100

Votes Cast

Reputation

Answers

*Rookie League

Comments

*Rookie League

Forum Posts

*Rookie League

*Rookie League = only among other members in their first year on SR. Muscleman100 will be eligible for rookie league trophies for another 191 days.

Reviews by Muscleman100

Thanks to VMI Sports for sending it out!
  July 13, 2018

Pros:
 Cons:
  • Quality Ingredients
  • Mixes Perfectly
  • Better Recovery
  • TRAACS Electrolytes And Minerals
  • Increased Hydration
  • Non GMO
  • Great Macros

An okay tasting protein that is almost perfect in what it has for the ingredients. It is overall a very great protein but the flavor needs some work in my opinion.

First I would like to thank vmi for letting me try this amazing product. I normally like to have blends or pure concentrate protein but this profile was too good for me to skip on.

Calories are 105

Total Carbohydrate is at 1g
    Dietary Fiber is it0g
    Sugar is at 0g
    And the total Protein is at 25g
    Then it has the following in it
    Magnesium Bisglycinate Chelate @ 500mg
    Calcium Bisglycinate Chelate @ 300mg
    Potassium Glycinate Complex @ 183mg
    Chromium Nicotinate Glycinate Chelate @ 8mg

Ingredients:
    non GMO cold processed Whey Protein Isolate, Cocoa Powder, Natural and Artificial Flavors, Xanthan Gum, Sucralose and Enzyme blend.

This is one of the better protein powder out there. There are not a lot of ingredients. The added enzymes are a great choice so you absorb more of the protein in it. I think this might be one of the best whey protein isolates you can purchase. I like that it is cold filtered and has no GMOs.

I received chocolate peanut butter flavor and I thought it was good but not the best. I think it is better than ON protein but I'm more of a vanilla person. It did not have enough peanut butter for me and was too much chocolate. If you are a chocolate person then you may like this a lot more than I did.
    The mixability was great. I would shake for a few seconds and I was done. Nothing would settle to the bottom or stick to the cup.
    I would take 1 scoop preworkout on somedays depending on how I was feeling. On most days I would take 2 scoops postworkout. 1 immediately after working out and another a few hours later. On weekends I would sometimes do 1 scoop with my breakfast.

I think it is hard to rate effectiveness of protein but I like to rate it based on taste and digestibility. I had no problems at all with digesting this. I did not get farts or have to go to the bathroom after taking this. I also felt more hydrated while taking this. I think that might be because the electrolytes. I was also less sure the next day compared to other protein powders I've tried. I'm not sure if that was from other products I was taking or this protein though. I also had more energy when I took this preworkout compared to other proteins I have tried.

You can find this for $50 for a 2lb from vmisports.com which is $2.00 a serving. Or if you want a 5lb which has 70 servings it will cost $80 which is $1.14 a serving. This might seem a little expensive at first glance but you have to think about all the extras they put in here. It has digestive enzymes and electrolytes in it and it is cold filtered. This is actually a really great price for what you are getting in this.

Side Effects

Conclusion

This is one the the best whey isolates out there if you dont care for taste and care more about the quality of your protein. I also typically like vanilla over chocolate so that may be why I did not enjoy the taste as much as others seem to. They put extras in here to make sure you get your moneys worth and I think it worked the best out of all the whey isolates out there.

July 11, 2018

Pros:
     Cons:
    • Increased Hunger
    • Gains Mass
    • Prevents Fat
    • Amazing Pumps

This will make you extremely hungry and give you a great pump in the gym.

I decided to buy this product because I was having trouble getting enough food in me after a diet I was doing earlier in the year. I was a little underweight and needed to gain some more mass. I thought buying this product would help after my experience with other Olympus labs products I tried before.

Korean Mistle Toe Extract (whole plant) 2 g **
      Hesperidin Methyl Chalcone 750 mg **
      Gentiana lutea (root) 600 mg **
      Rikkunshito (whole plant) (20% ...

This will make you extremely hungry and give you a great pump in the gym.

Korean Mistle Toe Extract (whole plant) 2 g **
      Hesperidin Methyl Chalcone 750 mg **
      Gentiana lutea (root) 600 mg **
      Rikkunshito (whole plant) (20% atractylodin) 300 mg

Korean Mistletoe Extract: Korean Mistletoe is a semi-parasitic plant that grows on various trees and that has been used for centuries to treat several human ailments. It is believed to have anti-tumor, immunostimulatory, anti-diabetic, and anti-obesity properties. There are several extracts of Mistletoe and the chemical composition of them depends on the species of the host tree, harvest time and extract preparation. Recent research has focused on Korean mistletoe extract (KME) for use as a treatment for the prevention and reversal of muscle wasting conditions. The research on KME is nothing short of exceptional and quite beneficial for athletes. It has been shown to increase endurance exercise by potentiating mitochondrial function and increase muscle hypertrophy while preventing muscle atrophy. It induced those results by stimulating myogenesis,phosphorylation of Akt signaling pathway(THE anabolic machinery) PGC-1 and GLUT4 expression (linked to insulin secretion and sensitivity, perfect partner for higher IGF-1 expression stimulated by Hesperidin and Rikkunshito) and inhibited atrogin-1. Although KME is derived from a semi-parasitic plant, clinical studies in humans have found no negatives side effects. In fact, studies have shown it has been well tolerated and there have been no indications of liver or kidney toxicity.

Hesperidin Methyl Chalcone: A sugar molecule naturally found in citrus fruits, this compound has been shown to have the ability to influence muscle tissue formation. It promotes accelerated muscle recovery allowing you to lift harder, longer, and more often.

Gentian Root Extract 10:1: an herbal bitter that helps to stimulate ghrelin secretion helping to increase your appetite. Additionally, increased ghrelin translates to increased growth hormone.

Rikkunshito: A Japanese herb that has been shown in research to regulate the secretion, receptor sensitization, and degradation of Ghrelin (hunger hormone). Research studies have shown this ingredient to be effective at treating patients who suffer from Cachexia, a condition that causes the loss of appetite and lean body mass implying that it helps to increase appetite and lean body mass. The increased appetite is a result of increased Ghrelin. Increased Ghrelin also stimulates the release of growth hormone which breaks down fat and increases muscle mass.

I have never had any experience with any of these ingredients so I didn't know what to expect or the dosage they should be at but they seem good to me based on the research.

These come in blue pills so no taste or mixability.

I would take 3 capsules for breakfast and 3 capsules for my post workout meal on workout days. When I did not workout I would take 3 for breakfast and 3 for lunch. The label says to take 6 capsules with largest meal but I thought splitting the dosage would work better for me.

The first 2 days I felt nothing from this product. I thought I was gonna be disappointed because I wasnt even hungry. Then on the third day i was getting massive pumps in the gym. I got a little more hungry after taking my second dose post workout. On the fourth day I got extremely hungry an hour after my second dose. I could not stop eating. I lost count of how much calories I was getting in. The pumps I got off this were better than any preworkout or pump product I have ever taken. On the seventh day I had a lot of endurance. I was able to do cardio for over an hour and I normally do 25 minutes. I did not get any fat while on this product but I did get some muscle mass. I gained 6 pounds. I did not look fat but I do not think even half the weight was pure muscle. I also was going to the bathroom a little more while on this product but I'm not sure if that was from the extra food I was eating. I was able to lift a little heavier on the weights but not too much. I also was a lot more happy and not stressed while on this but I'm not sure if that was purely this or some other stuff I was taking.

You can find this at strongsupplements.com for $50 for 30 servings which is $1.66 a serving or $0.24 a pill. I think it is well worth the price considering the results I was getting from this product.

Side Effects

Conclusion

I would definitely recommend this to people who need to gain weight but are having trouble eating because they are not hungry or someone looking to gain mass but not get any body fat on them. I think this is one of the best products I have tried from Olympus labs.

Overall
      Overall
      4.9
      4.2
      5.2
      Thanks to Nature Restore for sending it out!
        July 7, 2018

Pros:
       Cons:
      • Tastes Great
      • Quality Ingredients
      • Useful Individual Packets
      • Healthy Drink
      • 20 Servings
      • Prop Blend

It has a lot of good ingredients but you dont really feel anything like you would in other blends

I would like to thank nature restore for letting me try this product. I try to eat greens daily but I dont really get enough in my diet so I figured this would help. My box was missing a few packets so I had a few less than what it should come with but it must've been a bad batch when I received mine.

The packet size is 12g and you get a lot of ingredients in a prop blend. As other reviewers have pointed out, the first 3 ingredients are Tapioca Maltodextrin, Pectin, and Flavoring. Since these are not fruit or vegetable related, I am a bit skeptical about how much of the powder is actually fruits and vegetables. For what is in there, the ingredients looks very good with items like Broccoli Sprout Extract, Spinich Powder, Goji Bery Extract and other similar ingredients but I have no idea how much of each is actually in here because of the prop blend.

The taste was one of the better greens out there. It mostly tastes like berries and a small hint of vegetables.

The mixability was alright. Just a few shakes and it was done but it would always settle to the bottom fast so you have to keep shaking it as you drink it.

I would have one packet as soon as I got up in the morning with 10 oz of water.

I truthfully have nothing to say about this. I did not get an energy boost or anything from this. I did not get sick while on this but I have not been sick in a long time. Sorry to keep this part short but I honestly have nothing to say. I was hoping to feel more energized and motivated throughout the day from this but I got nothing. Sorry.

You can buy this for $30 at their website. That would be $1.50 each packet. I think that price is too high for something with this ingredient profile and did not make me feel anything at all.

Side Effects

Conclusion

This seems to be a good product when you look at it but then you realize it was a waste of a purchase when you try it. The ingredients are not disclosed so you dont know how much of each you are getting and you dont feel anything from this. It has a great taste but that's all I think is good about this product. The packers are pretty convenient if you are on the go.

Overall
      Thanks to VMI Sports for sending it out!
        July 2, 2018

Pros:
       Cons:
      • Keeps You Full
      • Good Meal Replacment
      • Amazing Taste
      • Great Recovery
      • Prime Ingredients
      • -amazing Taste

A great mass gainer that can fit your lifestyle with an amazing taste.

I want to thank vmi for giving me the opportunity to try this product. This is the first time I ever took a mass gainer. I used to to get extra calories in my diet since I under eat a lot and just got off cutting. Before using this my daily calories was at 1900 typically and using this brought it up to 2650 calories.

In a 2 scoop serving it contains

Calories from fat 45
        Total fat 7 g
        Cholesterol 58 mg
        Total carbs 29 g
        Sugar 10 g
        P...

A great mass gainer that can fit your lifestyle with an amazing taste.

In a 2 scoop serving it contains

Calories from fat 45
        Total fat 7 g
        Cholesterol 58 mg
        Total carbs 29 g
        Sugar 10 g
        Protein 20 g

The protein is a blend of Whey Protein Concentrate, Whole Milk Powder, Whey Protein Isolate and Milk Protein Isolate. The carbs come from Carb10 and maltodextrin.

The fat comes from a combination of MCT Oil, Avocado Oil, Coconut Oil, and Whole Milk Powder.

It also has a digestive complex.

I think this isa good profile because you can use this any way you want to meet your daily macros.

I got peanut butter cookie and I think that the flavor is delicious. Tasted better than most proteins I've tried. It tastes like a peanut butter cookie you buy from the baked goods section of a grocery store.

The mixability was alright. It had some chunks even after shaking for a long time and I had to continuously shake it. It did not leave anything in the bottom of my shaker cup.

I would take 4 scoops with breakfast since I dont eat much food during breakfast and 2 more scoops as a snack later in the day.

I felt a lot better during the day while I was using this product. I was more energetic and happy. I think I felt that way because I was getting the macros I should get from my diet. I was performing better in the gym. I was able to lift a little heavier and take shorter breaks. I gained 3 pounds but it wasnt fat. People told more I looked like I put on more size. I was also less sure after my workouts. I'm not sure if that was because of this or something else I was taking.

You can find this at a1supplements.com for $46 which is $0.77 a scoop or $1.54 for 2 scoops. If you take 4 scoops it is $3.08 or if you take 6 scoops a day like I did then it is $4.62 a day. Compared to other mass gainers this price is one of the better prices you can get for one.

Side Effects

Conclusion

This is a great mass gainer. It has great ingredients and you can use it how you want. It can be a meal replacement or used to get in extra calories if needed. I would recommend this to someone who does not eat much or needs something to fill in their macros.

June 11, 2018

• Strength Gains
        • Vascularity
        • Fat Loss
        • Acne

This product definitely gives you the signs of increased testosterone. It may give you acne though.

First I would like to thank Olympus labs for participating in the troopers. While on this I did not get my testosterone checked so what I saw will be how I felt while on this. Since it claims to help with joints I did not take any joint products during my run of this.

Vitamin D (as D3 Cholecalciferol) 3,332 IU 833%
        Anacyclus Pyrethrum (root) 3200mg **
        KSM-66 Ashwagandha Extract (Made with certified organic ashwagandha) (...

Vitamin D (as D3 Cholecalciferol) 3,332 IU 833%
        Anacyclus Pyrethrum (root) 3200mg **
        KSM-66 Ashwagandha Extract (Made with certified organic ashwagandha) (Withania somnifera) (root) (standardized to minimum 5% total withanolides) 675mg **
        LJ100 Standardized Eurycoma Longifolia extract (40% Glycosaponins, 28% Bioactive Eurypeptides, 30% Polysaccharides, 0.8% Eurycomanone) 100mg **
        Abieta-8, 11, 13-trien-18-oic acid min. 95% purity by HPLC) 103mg **
        Pine bark extract 103mg
        Mucuna prurient P.E. 500mg
        Boron 6mg
        Bioperine 10mg

Anacyclus Pyrethrum: an aphrodisiac that increases testosterone luteinizing hormone and helps to improve libido. Reported effects include increased vascularity, hunger and muscle definition.

KSM-66: Also known as Ashwagandha, this ingredient is an adaptogen which means it helps you deal with anxiety. Additionally, it has been shown to improve semen quality by increasing serum levels of Testosterone and Luteinizing Hormone (LH), while reducing levels of Follicle Stimulating Hormone (FSH). Ashwagandha also helps to reduce levels of cortisol in the body, a hormone causes the loss of muscle and increases in fat.

LJ100: A patented extract developed at Massachusetts Institute of Technology (MIT) for the treatment of sexual dysfunction and male fertility, Tongkat Ali supports increased sex drive through multiple pathways, including through the influence of free testosterone sex hormone binding globulin (SHBG) and aromatase activity. SHBG is a protein which inhibits the circulation of your free testosterone by binding it up and making it unavailable - Tongkat Ali has been suggested to impact SHBG based on clinical studies. Studies have also shown it to have anti-aromatase properties similar to Formestane, which leads to decreased estrogen and increased testosterone

Vitamin D3: Vitamin D3 is essential for muscle health in that low levels of Vitamin D3 promote decreased protein synthesis, decreased strength, weakness, and muscle wasting. Additionally, deficiencies in Vitamin D3 lead to fatty muscles which has a negative effect on strength and power.

Abieta-8,11,13-trien-18-oic acid: Commonly known as Dehydroabietic Acid (DHAA). Studies suggest that this powerful ingredient has anti-estrogen effects. It also boosts the production of adiponectin, a protein hormone that helps supports weight loss. As a matter of fact, lowered levels of adiponectin correlate with obesity. Therefore, this ingredient may help enhance body composition while helping decrease estrogen.

Mucuna Pruriens: This ingredient acts as a precursor to Dopamine. Dopamine is thought to be involved in the mental processes like motivation, mood, attention, memory, voluntary muscular movement, and learning. Additionally, research suggests that L-Dopa supports lean muscle growth and normal hormone levels in men and women

Pills so no taste or mixability
        It says take 8 capsules with largest meal. What I did was take 8 pills with dinner.

While on this I did not get an increase in mass but my strength did increase but it was little. In 2 weeks I started to feel this. My reps increased on everything I did. I never had my libido go this high. It was hard to keep the erections from this hidden while in the gym. My fat loss was not too much but I did lose 4 pounds of fat without changing my diet. My joints felt smooth but would still crack and ache.

You can get it for $50 from a1supplements.com which is $0.21 a pill or $1.67 a serving. I think it is well worth the price considering how it makes you feel.

Side Effects

I got acne on my face and shoulders.

Conclusion

This is my favorite natural test booster as of right now. I would definitely recommend to someone looking for a test booster that works.

June 7, 2018

Pros:
         Cons:
        • Aches And Pains Ease
        • Joint Relief
        • Possible Bone Repair

This made my joints feel new again and I was able to lift heavy and not have any pain. My bones stopped cracking and didn't feel dry.

I am a huge fan of blackstone labs products. I got this because I am trying out different joint products to see which one I like the best. I had cracking joints and joint pain before using this. Let's see how this worked for me.

Cop and paste from a1supplements.com

Curcumin 150mg
          UC-II 40mg
          BioPerine 10mg

PALMITOYLETHANOLAMIDE (PEA)

PEA is an endogenous fatty acid that is your body's natural anti-inflammatory molecule. PEA works by reducing the activation and mitigation of mast cells. Mast cells are white blood cells that releases mediators that are pro-inflammatory such as histamines, inflammatory cytokines, prostaglandins, and reactive oxygen species(ROS). Some studies also suggest that it can bind to COX-2(same as ibuprofen) as well as your endocannibinoid receptors, which can help mediate pain and inflammation. Worth noting, to date PEA has no known drug interactions which implies it's very safe for anyone to supplement with. Doses vary but as little as 200mg a day has been shown to have an affect on inflammation.

BOSWELLIA SERRATA EXTRACT

Boswellia Serrata extract is an all natural lipoxygenase-5(LOX-5) inhibitor, it blocks the conversion of fatty acids into leukotrienes like histamines, prostaglandins, and other pro-inflammatory molecules. One of the active compounds is AKBA(3-O-acetyl-11-keto-boswellic acid). Boswellia Serrata Extract acts very quickly, showing a 70% reduction in joint discomfort and 63% reduction in joint stiffness in as little as 7 days.

CURCUMIN, 95% CURCUMINOIDS (WITH BIOPERINE)

From the turmeric root, curcumin and curcuminoids decrease the expression of pro-inflammatory cytokines like IL-6, TNF-alpha, NF-kappaB, COX-2 and LOX-5. TNF-alpha can destroy joint cartilage. Data for curcumin shows to decrease swollen joints and tenderness by 70%. Curcumin can also increase anti-inflammatory enzymes in your body, as well as increase free radical scavenging(decreases ROS). Bioperine(black pepper extract) has been shown to increase bioavailability of curcumin by 2000%.

CISSUS QUADRANGULARIS (CQ)

CQ stimulates the metabolism and uptake of calcium by osteoblasts (bone cells) which increases healing in fractures. A meta analysis of CQ has shown to reduce healing time by 40%+. CQ enhances your body's natural healing process. It has also been shown to decrease joint discomfort and increase functionality. CQ can also increase collagen synthesis in osteoblasts.

UC-II (UNDENATURED TYPE II COLLAGEN)

UC-II is an ingredient containing undenatured type II collagen. This can help with your body's natural process of removing damaged collagen/tissue and repairing damaged areas. Type II collagen can also increase production of anti-inflammatory cytokines, as well as help heal cartilage. Studies show that once a day dosing of UC-II can reduced perceived pain levels by 33%, including a reduction in all tests used to determine perceived pain(WOMAC, VAS, and Lequesne). All studies show that subjects reduced the amount of OTC pain medication by 67% within the first 30 days.

Pills so no taste or mixability
          They are average size pills that no one should have a problem swallowing.
          Two pills daily. I took it first thing in the morning.

This is by far my favorite joint supplement. Never have I been so impressed by a joint supplement in all my years of taking them. In 3 days I felt relieved. I was able to go heavy on the squat rack again and not have pain or shake. My joints weren't cracking on the bench. I can get on with my day and not worry about how my joints feel or have anybody hear them crack as I move. I will be sticking with this joint supplement until I find something else that catches my interest.

I paid $40 at a1supplements.com which is a decent price for this. That is $1.33 each serving or $0.66 each pill.

Side Effects

Conclusion

This is one of the best products blackstone labs has released. I will definitely be sticking with this product for a while.

Overall
          Overall
          9.1
          8.9
          9.5
            June 7, 2018

Pros:
           Cons:
          • Good Hydration
          • Good Recovery
          • Better Endurance
          • Reduces DOMS And Muscle Fatigue
          • Mixes Well
          • More Hydrated
          • Taste Good
          • Great Value
          • Increased Power Output

This is one of the best amino acids that I have ever had. Better than any other recovery product I have tried and the taste is amazing.

I want to thank Olympus labs for giving the sr community a chance to try this. I normally take the essential amino acids but I saw this had some stuff in it that caught my interest because it's not in any other amino acid I've seen.

Serving Size: 1 Scoop (16.2 grams)
            Servings per container: 30
            Total Carbohydrate 2g <1%
            Calcium (From Dicalcium Phosphate) 57mg 6%
            Magnesium ...

Serving Size: 1 Scoop (16.2 grams)
            Servings per container: 30
            Sodium (From Sodium Citrate) 65mg 3%
            Potassium (From Potassium Citrate) 150mg 4%
            InstaAminos (Instantized BCAA's 4:1:1) L-Leucine, L-Valine, L-Isoleucine 7.5g
            Velositol 2g **
            (Amylopectin Chromium Complex [Providing 2 grams of high amylopectin starch (waxy maize) & 1,000 mcg Chromium comprised of histidinate & picolinate])
            L-Glutamine 2g
            L-Taurine 1g
            Electrolyte Matrix 980mg
            Potassium Citrate, Dicalcium Phosphate, Sodium Citrate, Magnesium Aspartate
            VitaCherry Sport 480mg
            (Whole Tart Cherry) Standardized To Total & Type 1&2 Anthocyanins

It does not directly tell you how much of each amino acid you get, but if you go to the website they tell you it has 5 grams of leucine, 1.25 grams of isoleucine, and 1.25 grams of valine.

2g Velositol - It's an Amylopectin Chromium Complex combining a form of waxy maize (high in amylopectin) with both histidinate and picolinate. It's a carbohydrate that has 2 ingredients to support a proper insulin and glucose response.

1g Taurine - It's known to help increase GABA. This is in here because as we train we deplete our Taurine levels. So this here is making sure we dont lose too much Taurine. Taurine has hydrating and cardiovascular benefits as well.

480mg VitaCherry Sport - This ingredient caught my attention because I never saw it in an amino acid product. Tart Cherry in a supplement form or from juice alone will help increase recovery time due to its anti-inflammatory properties. Reducing inflammation is important for reducing muscle damage and increasing muscle endurance.

These ingredients are almost perfect for me. The only thing they can do to make it better would be adding in essential amino acids.

The flavor I got was unicorns blood. It was delicious. It tasted like some sweet candy but I dont know how to explain it. It has a unique taste that cant be described well.

For mixability I had no issues. Just a few shakes and it was done. Nothing settled to the bottom. It is really foamy when you finish shaking it but it goes away after a few minutes.

I took this during my workouts and on weekends I would take this in the morning. I took 1 scoop everytime I used this.

This helped me stay hydrated on days I took this. I felt really great and energized from this. I noticed this kicked in a little faster than other aminos I've tried. I was able to do cardio longer while taking this stuff. I was able to double my cardio length most of the time. While lifting I was able to take shorter breaks. I normally do less reps as I go heavier after each set but with this I was able to do at least 10 reps on most of my sets. I never at all felt sluggish while taking this.

You can buy this for $35 at a1supplements.com. it has 30 servings which means you are paying $1.17 each serving. I think it is worth the price considering this is now my favorite bcaa.

Side Effects

Conclusion

This bcaa contains things that everyone needs in their body especially if you workout. It has electrolytes in it which are good for when you sweat. It keeps you hydrated better than other aminos I've tried and kicks in much faster.

June 4, 2018

Pros:
             Cons:
            • Fully Disclosed Label
            • Deeper Sleep
            • Artificial Colors
            • Effects Fade

It works when you first start to take it but you may need to take a break for a few days for it to work again.

I would like to thank olympus labs for giving this product away to the troopers. I decided to try this product because I have sleep problems when I take preworkouts late in the day and have never tried a sleep product and wanted to see how effective they are.

Information copy and pasted from the brand. I think maybe more melatonin could make this work better. I also dont think they need artificial dyes for capsules.

Magnesium 133mg
            Passionflower extract 300mg
            L-theanine 100mg
            Kannaease 25mg
            Melatonin 3mg

Other Ingredients: Gelatin, cellulose, silica, magnesium stearate, FDC blue #1, titanium dioxide.

Saccharomyces Cerevisiae (Sake Yeast) - 500 mg - Research has indicated that this type of yeast contains a high number of adenosine analogues. Adenosine does a number of things in the body, but one of its primary functions is to maintain balance between the body's sleep/wake cycles. Adenosine supports a good night's sleep and stimulates levels of GH. The stimulation of this powerful hormone is one of the things that sets Amnes1a apart and makes it a potent anabolic formula as well as an effective sleep aid.

Dioscorea Pseudojaponic (Dioscin) - 300 mg - Dioscin originates in Wild Yam and Sarsaparilla (also known as Smilax) and is a natural steroid that stimulates GH release, which, as indicated above, takes this formula from being a sleep aid and makes it a serious muscle builder.

Valeriana Officinalis (Valerian Root) - 450 mg - This herb has a long history of use as a relief to anxiety and as a natural sleep aid. Valerian contains three active ingredients: Valerenic Acid, Valenol, and Valepotriate, with Valerenic Acid being the most important in this case because it attaches to GABA receptors, which help your mind and body relax so you can fall asleep faster and sleep through the night.

Passionflower Extract - 300 mg - This is another herb that can increase levels of GABA, which promotes feelings of relaxation. Passionflower is a standard ingredient in many natural sleep aids as well as having an extended use in traditional medicines as a remedy for various sleep disorders.

Melissa Officinalis (min 5% rosmarinic acid) - 300 mg - This is more commonly known as lemon balm and has a long use in traditional medicinals as a remedy for sleep disorders. It's a regular ingredient in many herbal sleep formulas because it can reduce stress and promote relaxation and it's included here due to its proven effectiveness.

L-Theanine - 100 mg - This amino acid shows up most often in high stim pre-workouts because it smooths out the effects of the sometimes extreme caffeine/stimulant blends. Why is it here? It can help the mind relax so you can the sleep you need.

Kanna Ease Sceletium Tortuosum - 25 mg - A mind that's racing with thoughts is not the way to get to sleep. Kanna Ease is an herbal extract that acts as a stress reducer and as a remedy that will calm the mind. Initial studies on this ingredient have shown that it has additional cognitive benefits and promotes a positive sense of well-being, but its function here is to work synergistically with Theanine as a mental relaxant.

Melatonin - 3 mg - This is a well-known sleep aid that, in its natural state as a hormone in the body, has a primary role in the regulation of the body's sleep/wake cycles. Adding this into the Amnes1a formula means it will help you achieve the correct amount of sleep for you as well as help you fall asleep easier.

Magnesium - 133 mg - This essential mineral is needed in order for your body to function normally. People that are magnesium deficient will experience restless sleep and wake up frequently throughout the night. Normal levels of magnesium help you achieve deep, restful sleep without constantly waking up because it supports normal levels of GABA, the neurotransmitter that promotes relaxation and sleep. Additionally, magnesium helps control stress and can help reduce levels of the catabolic hormone cortisol - good news for any bodybuilder or athlete!

Capsules sp no taste or mixability.

I took 4 capsules 2 hours before bed typically. The bottle says 4 capsules 1-2 hours before bed.

When I was taking this it would take 1.5 to 2 hours to make me fall asleep. It didnt know me out like I was expecting. When I drank water after taking this I would wake up in the middle of the night to go to the bathroom. It would take some time for me to actually fall asleep and barely did anything on helping me sleep faster. When i actually was asleep i would dream which is unusual for me because i rarely dream. I got 8 hours of sleep from this which is 1 hour more than I usually get from sleep. I started to build a tolerance a few weeks in and took a break for a few days. When I got back on it was working for me again. I did not toss and turn like how I normally do when I go to the gym at night. When I woke up I felt the same as I do everyday. It didnt leave me feeling more awake in the morning.

I found this for $35 at a1supplements.com which is an alright price. I would wait for a discount to get this. It has 120 capsules which is 30 servings. It costs $0.29 a capsule or $1.16 a serving.

Side Effects

Wake up in middle of night if you have water after taking this.

Conclusion

I had high expectations for this product before I started to take it. It did not meet my expectations but is still a good product. I would not recommend you take this every day and give it a break so it can work again.

9.3
              June 1, 2018

• Underwhelming Taste

This protein caused no issues but has an alright taste but a really great transparent profile.

I am not too big of a sparta nutrition fan. I have enjoyed their products for the most part. They seem to know how to make great flavors. I was drawn to the protein because of how transparent this label is and it had a new ingredient I never heard of in it.

I copy and pasted the profile. I think it is great to see how much each protein yields and know how much grams of sweetener is in this.

Serving Size: 1 Scoop (33.5g)
            Serv...

Serving Size: 1 Scoop (33.5g)
            Servings Per Container: 67
            Dietary Fiber 0g
            Sugars 1g
            Protein 25.5g
            Whey Protein Blend
            Whey protein isolate 12.2g whey protein concentrate 13.1 micellar casin 6.0g, sunflower oil creamer 1.065mg astragin 25mg, sodium caseinate 100mg, tocopherols 100mg, lecithin 100mg
            Flavoring, cookis&cream flavor 500mg, xanthum gum, 250mg, sucralose 60mh.

Astragin is derived from panax noteginseng and astragalus membrenaceus. Astragin increases the absorption and hence the bioavailability of many essential and health promoting nutrients to all cells in the body.

Other Ingredients: None

I got cookies and cream flavor. It was a little disappointing to me because I was expecting this to be one of the best proteins I ever tried. It taste like how you would expect cookies and cream to taste but with less flavor. I got sick of the flavor halfway through the bottle.

I had no problems mixing this. Just a few shakes but if you leave it out for a few minutes then the cookies settle to the bottom so you may have to shake again if you slowly drink your protein.

I took one scoop preworkout and another scoop post workout.

As many will say it is hard to say how effective a protein is. I feel like for a protein the flavor and how it digests are what people want to know about. This did fill me up. This filled me up more than other proteins have. I would not even think about eating for a couple hours after taking this. This did not give me any digestive issues.

I paid $57 at a1supplements.com for this and it has 67 servings which is $0.85 a serving. I like when I can purchase products for less than $1.00 a serving.

Side Effects

Conclusion

This is a protein I would definitely recommend to anybody if they dont care about the taste and are looking for a great ingredient profile in their protein. If you want a great value and a tolerable flavored protein, this might be a good idea for you to get.

Overall
            Overall
            3.5
            4.2
            2.1
              May 27, 2018

Pros:
             Cons:
            • Sweat
            • Delayed Sweating
            • Cold Sweats

This product did make me sweat but it happened after the gym and the sweats were really cold.

I got this product because I figured I could sweat a little more during cardio and thought this was perfect for me. I did stack this with a non stim pump preworkout. I do normally sweat in the gym while working out.

Lean GBB (Gamma-Butyrobetaine Ethyl Ester HCL) - 25mg
            Bioperine - 5mg

Lean GBB (Gamma-Butyrobetaine Ethyl Ester HCL) - 25mg
            Bioperine - 5mg

Lean GBB is a precursor to Carnitine in the body, so when taken it increases L-Carnitine production within the body and increases the use of energy from fatty acids making your body increase the ability to sweat.

Bioperine is added to help increase absorption of the Lean GBB. It is from black pepper extract.

These are capsules sp no taste or mixability. The capsules are average size so it should be easy for anyone to swallow.
            It says to take one to two 30 minutes before workout. I took 2 each time the I took this product.

This did make me sweat more than normal but it was delayed. I did not at all sweat while at the gym. I did cardio and I still did not sweat at the gym. When I went in my car I would sweat when on my way home. It was double what my normal sweat was but it was delayed and really cold. I needed to turn on the heater because of how cold my sweat was. I did not enjoy my run with this. The sweat would come 15 minutes after I got out of the gym.

I got this for $20 at a local shop and it has 30 serving which is $0.75 if you use 1 pill or $1.50 if you use 2 capsules like I did.

Side Effects

Delayed sweating and cold sweats.

Conclusion

I would not recommend this to anyone because of how this went for me but everybody responds differently to stuff like this. I did not have a good run with this and would not buy this again.