MuscleCow

• Was an active member for 1 year, but hasn't been online since July, 2014

Reviews by MuscleCow

February 24, 2014

Pros:
 Cons:
  • Mixes Well
  • Tastes Good
  • Improved Sense Of Well Being
  • Improved Focus
  • Improved Strength
  • Felt Light-headed
  • Energy Was Lacking
  • Occasional Crash
  • Pumps Weren't Great
Hey SR, time for another review and this time we have the product that was the first to hit the market with the all mysterious AMP Citrate.

I ran this for the month of January, and I was not using any test boosters at the time, but I was using Muscletech Creacore post-workout, and at some point I added in some Nanostim as well as I wanted more pump! ... and I have a boatload of it.

One disclaimer, I used the original Fruit Punch tub, and not the new Razonade which apparently has been 'beefed up' a little by Lecheek/Genomyx.

INGREDIENT PROFILE THOUGHTS (7/10)

Serving Si...

INGREDIENT PROFILE THOUGHTS (7/10)

Serving Size: 1 Scoop (4.4 Grams)
Servings per Container: 40

Agmatine Sulfate (Agmapure),
Choline Bitartrate,
Caffeine Anhydrous,
4-Amino-2-Methylpentane Citrate (AMP)

Now, this is a pretty easy formula to evaluate. The one thing I do not like is alas, the proprietary blend - which was a new thing for Genomyx when this launched as previously they were always completely open label. Very basic formula, and it seems to be relying on AMP Citrate quite heavily since it is really only that, caffeine and choline.

Creapure is the first ingredient, and I am glad they use Creapure. We all know what Creatine is good for, and that it is the most proven supplement out there in the monohydrate form, so good to go! But to be honest, in this formula I would've preferred something else, as we can easily supplement creatine separately for cheap, and know how much we're getting.

Beta-Alanine, in Carnosyn form... our best friend for endurance and combating lactic acid. As I note, I never once felt the Beta-Alanine tingles when I used this... which is usually true for me anyways.

Agmatine Sulfate in Agmapure form, for that help in the pump department.

Choline Bitartrate to help with that focus.

All famous Caffeine Anhydrous for the energy, and I believe I read somewhere it has about 200mg per scoop - but that may be different now as apparently after Lecheek acquired Genomyx the said they have beefed up the stims a little in this.

And finally AMP Citrate! The thing everyone wants to know about. So here is a little blurb I wrote up on it comparing it to DMAA.

AMP Citrate = 1,3 Dimethyl buty lamine
DMAA = 1,3 Dimethyl amy lamine

They share a lot of the same characteristics and the chemical structure is very similar as well. I am not sure if it is proven yet that it is found in nature... and that will be the leading cofactor on if it remains legal or not.

I am not sure of the actual biochemistry that happens with this compound, but apparently it is supposed to be very similar to DMAA and may cause a crash just as DMAA did. It will need to be paired with caffeine to be effective or to have any noticeable effects since as with DMAA, they are suppose to work together synergistic-ally.

Overall, I am very impressed that they used 3 patented compounds in this mix-up, it is a pretty straight forward ingredient list and I do like that... but I always hate when a pre-workout has creatine in it, but doesn't list how much and hides in the prop blend... so you don't know if you should still supplement your own to get the desired amount or not... in turn I end up supplementing it anyways.

MIXABILITY/DOSING (10/10)

---

This stuff mixed up perfectly fine. 2 scoops every time, few shakes in my blender bottle, all good to go.

Dosing was easy as well, 2 scoops about 30 minutes prior to workout.

TASTE (9/10)

---

I thought this was delicious. Very nice sweet flavour, like candy but not too powerful. They really upped their game on the flavouring with this compared to Origin.

VALUE (7/10)

I bought this when it first came out, and paid $40 for EVOL, Slin Sane and a T-Shirt (that was too big :[ ). I used 2 leveled scoops every workout and got EXACTLY 20 servings out of the tub which is perfect since it is 40 servings at 1 scoop.

Now, this stuff is on sale a lot, you can score a tub for around $20 or less some places right now... and that's a great deal. Not sure how long that will last or if it is just to clear out the original stock to make room for the 'beefed up' ones - which I want to try. But this is normally ~$30.

EFFECTIVENESS (Overall score 6.75/10)

Alright, once again I will compare my experiences to all of the company claims for this product and average the scores out for the overall.

Note to companies... don't overstate on claims! You are only hurting yourself ;)

>-Increases "˜pump' and vascularity .5/2.5)--Increases focus 2.5/2.5)--Increases energy levels 1.25/2.5)--Increases endurance and performance 2.5/2.5)-<
What can I say, I had some GREAT workouts with EVOL. I hit my old PR on DB shoulder presses of 110lbs x 6 while using this... and I am now 30 lbs lighter and not eating no where near the amount of carbs I was when I hit this before... and I did more reps. I am freaking happy :) I would workout pretty hard and just keep going. I just really feel that the sense of well being, determination and focus this gave me really set it off and that's what made it good.

Although, some of the strength 'may' have came from Creacore too....

SIDES (5/10)

Now, the first couple times I used this it was a great energy kick, but that faded after a few uses which resulted in the lower score above. Now, in the beginning I was crashing from this and I would need to drink some Decimate in 4 hours as a pick me up otherwise I was yawning and falling asleep.

This went away after almost 8 to 10 uses, so the last half of the tub didn't have the crash, but also didn't have any in your face energy.

There were a couple odd times that if I stood up too fast I would get really light headed too, but it wasn't anything awful.

OVERALL (7.46/10)

- All scored added up and divided.

I did enjoy this PWO, for the mental stimulation factor and the sense of well being/determination - that is what saved it... well that and my PR :)

I would recommend it - IF you got it for a good price and IF you don't care for being stimmed out, but you just want a little edge... who knows it 'may' be better now with the beefed up version, which is the RAZONADE flavour if you are thinking of buying it, get that one.

If you are one to love an energy kick and that POW from a pre-workout... you will LOVE this the first 2 uses, but then you will hate it for the remaining 90% of the tub.

Who knows, maybe I just had some good mojo going last month and nothing would've stopped me in the gym, but I do feel this added to that factor. Just don't expect crazy pumps and mind blowing energy - it's not here.

I am curious to try the revamped version or something else with AMP Citrate to see it the experiences are similar, or maybe even better.

February 13, 2014

Pros:
 Cons:
  • Great Focus
  • Gets You Wired
  • Leaning And Hardening Effects
  • Fat Burner
  • May Be Strong For Some
  • Blends
  • More Flavors Would Be Nice
  • 1 Full Levelled Scoop Is Nearly 50% More Than Label Serving Size
  • No Caffeine Amount Disclosure
Alright... ALRIGHT, it has been way too long since I have posted up a review, and this one in particular is way overdue since I finished this tub over a month ago... I also need to review EVOL which I have since finished too. Get ready for another NOVEL by Muscle Cow :)

INGREDIENT PROFILE THOUGHTS (8/10)

Per '1 scoop' serving 3,837 mg (40 per tub)

Stimul8 Thermogenic Ripping Matrix: 2,604 mg

XTREME SHREDDING MATRIX:

1,3,7-trimethylxanthine (Caffeine)
b-phenethylamine HCl
...

INGREDIENT PROFILE THOUGHTS (8/10)

Per '1 scoop' serving 3,837 mg (40 per tub)

Stimul8 Thermogenic Ripping Matrix: 2,604 mg

XTREME SHREDDING MATRIX:

> 1,3,7-trimethylxanthine (Caffeine)
> b-phenethylamine HCl
> IRISINXDâ„¢"  (Green Tea Extract [standardized for 60% EGCG], N-Coumaroyldopamine)
> Hordenine HCl
> Synephrine HCl
> Rauwolfia vomitoria (Standardized for 90% Rauwolscine)

Ultimate Endurance:

>Beta Alanine

Alright, so where to begin... Well first off - unless my scooper was defective - 1 full levelled off scoop is not 3.8g of powder, but more like approximately 5.5g of powder. I used 1 levelled scoop for my whole bottle and only got about 27 or 28 servings out of the whole thing. I noticed when I was getting close to the end that there was no way I was making it to 40 servings, so that is when I decided to weigh out my scoop.

So, with saying that... the bottle has warnings all over it to NOT EXCEED 1 SCOOP... like they are everywhere. My question is, should you not be exceeding 1 actual scoop, or 1 serving size as marked on the label? Who knows, but maybe that is why so many people get negative effects from taking a full scoop; at least that would explain it!

Back to my thoughts on the profile... if this is listed in order of potency, well caffeine is first and that could explain why it hits SO HARD. I would be safe to assume that with my findings on a full scoop being more than the noted size, that this is somewhere in the 500 to 600mg range for a full scoop, as it did hit me HARD, much harder than I've had from 400mg. A normal serving size is between 350 to 400mg, guessing.

After that you get some Beta PEA Hcl, which is strong stuff and will release more Dopamine and Nor-epinephrine than regular PEA would.

The IRISINXD is very interesting, and I actually really liked this. I feel like the EGCG really did help out to block the COMT to assist the effects of the N-Coumaroyldopamine, and since using this product, I plan to stack 50% EGCG based Green Tea Extract with any fat burner I use that contains N-Coumaroyldopamine, such as Alphamine or even Compound 20, to see if it enhances the effects.

Hordenine HCL is thought to stimulate the CNS and also increase your metabolism.

Synephrine HCL is supposed to help with weight loss and energy especially when combined with caffeine.

Rauwolfia vomitoria (Rauwolscine) is also known as alpha-yohimbine and is a a2-adrenergic receptor antagonist, great for weight loss and energy when combined with caffine. Many people react negatively to this ingredient though and can get light headed, fast heartbeat, nausea and more... thankfully I am not one of those :)

Beta-Alanine... we all know what this is for, but from the serving size it looks to be underdosed.

OK OK, giant lesson on that as I always do - lol. All in all, the profile is great, very heavy in the stimulants with a little bit of endurance assisting beta alanine. The thing I do not like is the misconception on the real serving size, unless I truly just got a bogus scooper, but it would explain a lot of the 'too strong' comments.

All in all, it is really great minus three things... the low Beta alanine dose, not disclosing how much caffeine is really in a serving and the mix-up of serving size... solid 8/10

TASTE (6/10)

It only comes in 1 flavour, Apple Blast. I didn't mind this flavour, kind of a weird after taste, and somewhat tart... but I was OK with it. Not the best, not the worst, but could definitely be improved.

----- MIX-ABILITY (10/10) -----

I had no issues with it mixing up. I always use a blender ball and they work wonders.

EFFECTIVENESS (Combined score of 8.5/10)

OK, I will do what I normally do and take claims made by the company on their site and rate them all individually.

--Propel workouts to next level (2.5/2.5)--
I feel like I did have some really good workouts while using this stuff. I was always wired and ready to go. I just wanted to get to the gym and make use of my energy! Really, really enjoyed this. Please give me more!

--Extreme Thermogenesis/Weight loss (2.5/2.5)--
This stuff did work well. Now while I am unsure on how well the thermogenesis part worked... I was DEFINITELY leaner and harder while I was using this. My diet was not on par at all, yet I was feeling lean and looking lean in the mirror, I thoroughly enjoyed this part. This is one reason why I really want to try to stack EGCG with any other product I have that contains the N-Coumaroyldopamine.

--Unparalleled Energy (2.5/2.5)--
Yes, yes and yes. This stuff LIT ME UP! I felt the rush of energy hit me within minutes of taking this stuff. I would go from being groggy on a night shift to being WIDE AWAKE and HYPER. I never felt like I had too much, as I do have a very high tolerance, but I sure felt darn good. If you want to be stimmed out of your mind, buy this now.

--Ultimate strength, power and endurance (1/2.5)--
This claim definitely held them back. To claim you will experience all 3 of these things from the Beta-Alanine, especially when it is under-dosed, is far fetched and would better suited had it at least also contained a type of creatine.

Now, strangely enough I did feel tingles from the BA the first week or so I used this, which I found odd because I normally don't feel them unless it's Pump Igniter we are talking about... but I did. I am guessing that is because I was taking in 5.5 grams of powder and not 3.8 grams, so I was getting a lot more BA (almost 50% more) each serving. Still though, they must use very high quality Beta-Alanine since I usually don't experience this.

Overall: I really enjoyed this product, and I would definitely buy it again if I see it on a good sale. Just be careful if you are stimulant sensitive... start with less than half a scoop - especially if the scooper I got is what is in every bottle.

VALUE (8/10)

This stuff can be found online anywhere from $25 to $35 for '40 servings'... but more like 28 for me, or anyone else that uses a full levelled scoop. Most people won't do a full scoop and will probably actually get 40 or so servings out of it which is fantastic at under $1 per serving. There is NO cheap coffee that can give you this kind of energy, so don't bother trying! haha! The only downside is that you will want to stack either a creatine supplement with this, and/or a pump product if you like those types of things... this is purely just STIM CITY!

There are not that many pre-workouts out there that can and will hit you are hard as this one will... Hats off to FINAFLEX for producing this BEAST! I just wish I knew how much caffeine I was ingesting! Stuff is crazy.

OVERALL SCORE = 8.1
(5 Sub-scores added together and divided [40.5/5=8.1])

December 8, 2013

Pros:
 Cons:
  • Very Tasty
  • Clean Ingredient Profile
  • No Preservatives/artificials
  • Easy On The Stomach
Hey SR, figured I would do another review as the weekend night shifts are really slow. This time on a protein bar that I've finished a couple boxes of, and I LOVE it.

There are so many protein bars on the market, but sadly most of them are garbage, or full of bad ingredients are end up being a glorified candy bar. Few are actually really good, and these are definitely one of those few along with Quest Bars and the new ISS Victory Bars(I have a lot of these too, will rate later).

INGREDIENT PROFILE THOUGHTS (10/10)

12 - 60g Bars Almond Honey

Serving Size 1 Bar (60g)
...

INGREDIENT PROFILE THOUGHTS (10/10)

12 - 60g Bars Almond Honey

Sugars 13g
Protein 20g

Ingredients:
Almonds, Honey, Whey Protein Isolate

Three ingredients!!! That is it! There is no preservatives, no artificial ingredients, just 3 simple ingredients. That is for the Almond Honey flavour, the other one is Crunchy Carob Chip and it has 5 ingredients (Almonds, Organic Agave, Carob Powder, Whey Protein Isolate, Crisp Rice). Both are extremely clean in regards to the ingredients.

One thing to note is that the Crunchy Carob Chip bar has 17g protein instead of 20g in the Almond Honey.

I mean, there is no cholesterol, so the whey protein used is good quality. The Potassium is a good dose, all the fats are healthy and are from the Almonds mainly. There is some fiber in them, and then sugars from the honey - which is not bad IMO, as it is a good natural source of sugar and provides the sweetness.

These have a shelf life of 1 year from production, so that is more than enough.

Not much else to say, I just love how simple the ingredients are, and I actually intend to try to see how closely I can replicate these at home.

TASTE

Almond Honey: 10/10
Crunchy Carob Chip: 8.5/10

These are both fantastic, but the Almond Honey is better... it actually tastes like eating a bar of sweetened almond butter, but better.

The Crunchy Carob Chip is like a healthy brownie. It takes a little bit more to chew this one as it is more dense, but I do enjoy the taste of it. My girlfriend did not really like it, but she is picky with protein bars and with protein in general.

I could eat the Almond Honey bar all day long. MMMMMMmmmmmmm...

EFFECTIVENESS (10/10)

These are amazing, and I am in love with them. They are great for a quick snack when you are on the go and need a little boost. They are also great to get a boost for your workout.

Lately when I have went to the gym for an intense or heavy day where I know I will need some extra energy (like a compound day or leg day), I have been taking one of these with me to eat halfway through my workout to get a little boost, and they have been helping quite nicely. They sit in my stomach well, don't feel too heavy as the serving size is just right, and I notice an increase of energy and slightly more strength back within a few minutes of having this.

These are not going to fill you up for a few hours and completely replace a meal, but they serve their purpose as an energizing healthy snack - that's for sure.

VALUE (9/10)

Well, I got them on a Buy 2 Get 1 Deal on BB.com when they had free shipping to Canada. 6 boxes shipped free for $90 after a coupon is an AMAZING price and gets a 20/10 value.

But, seeing as I have an issue giving something straight 10's, and that the regular price for these are about $25 a box ($27.99 on their site), I am giving them a 9 for value as this is a little over $2 a bar.

The ingredients are not extremely expensive, but they are just made SO WELL. I really hope I can figure out how to replicate something close to these at home... as regular shipping cost kills me, and they are not widely available yet.

OVERALL (10/10)

Honestly, I really don't know what else I could ask for them to improve on to justify not giving these an overall of 10. They are fantastic, they are tasty, and they are clean.

I guess all I could ask for is more flavours and to be more widely available... But I know they have 2 new flavours released on their website only, not on BB.com yet (Lemon Cashew & Sunflower Cinnamon), and the availability will come as the company grows and gets more awareness... so I am hoping this review does just that! People deserve to know about these!

Try the Almond Honey, you won't be disappointed. You will get addicted to them if you love almond butter, I promise that!

December 6, 2013

Pros:
 Cons:
  • Goes Down Smooth
  • Loaded With Greens
  • Berries
  • Tons Of Antioxidants
  • Taste Amazing
  • No Digestive Issues
  • Fiber Amount Not Shown
  • Carbohydrate Blend Subpar For Price
  • Low On Protien
  • Low Serving Count
Hey SR, another night shift for me, another review.

This is something I have been using on and off for awhile now, as I was lucky enough to score 9 tubs for $15 each. Was a special deal with the owner of supplementsource.ca, as they had a bunch of tubs missing labels and with labels in Spanish, so I got a sweet deal.

This is targeted as a healthy meal replacement with included greens and antioxidants. I would compare this to Controlled Labs Gold Feast.

INGREDIENT PROFILE THOUGHTS (6/10)

Serving Size 2 Scoops(72g)
Servings Per Container 15

Amount Per Serving ...
Hey SR, another night shift for me, another review.

INGREDIENT PROFILE THOUGHTS (6/10)

Serving Size 2 Scoops(72g)
Servings Per Container 15

Amount Per Serving % Daily Value*
Total Fat 2g 3%
Saturated Fat 0.5g 3%
Cholesterol 29mg 10%
Sodium 135mg 6%
Potassium 422mg 12%
Total Carbohydrates 38g "
Sugar 2g "
Protein 26g "

Athlete's Foodâ„¢ Proprietary Complex 70g

Now, I am not going to paste the entire prop blend here, as it is extremely long. You can easily search it up to see.

One thing I do not like, is the carbohydrates that they use in this, especially for it's price point. I would like to see a little higher quality carb in here like sweet potato, oats or such, but instead there is waxy maize, trehalose and maltodextrin (of course). Maltodextrin is one of the cheapest carbohydrates you can get, and should not be used in a premium product like this - IMHO.

There is some good fiber ingredients listed in the prop blend, but no where could I see a nutritional facts label with fiber amount on it, so I am guessing there is very little in it. These are in the fiber blend: Apple Fiber, Apple Pectin, Oat Bran, Psyllium Husk, Inulin, Brown Rice Powder... now if they actually listed the fiber and if it was 15g or so then I would be a little happier and inclined to rate this better.

Protein content is good, has 3 forms of whey in it, just only 26g.

Healthy fats prop blend is 1.5g, the other .5g is in the other ingredients (non-dairy creamer). The healthy blend is nothing amazing, but it isn't awful apart from the soy.... but it's small.

This leaves 4.5g for the remainder of the prop blend.. unless the have included the greens as carbs, which I can't see the digestive and herbal complexes being 4.5g so I doubt that. Plenty of good greens and berries listed in the prop blend, so it is good for a meal on the go to get these in.

Overall, this is an alright meal replacement as it has good proteins in it, and all the veggies/berries to supplement your daily intake, BUT the carbohydrate and fat blends are pretty subpar for a product at this price point IMHO. I wish they listed how much was fiber so I could rate this better.

TASTE (10/10)

All of the tubs I got through this deal were chocolate, which was very tasty. I do have to say, Nutrabolics makes all of their products taste phenomenal.

MIXABILITY (8/10)

I always used a Spider Blender Bottle to mix this up. The powder itself normally mixed quite well, and I used about 400 to 450ml of water

The problem this had, is it would sometimes have small bits sticking to the shaker cup on the sides/top/bottom and sometimes on the whisk too. Not a giant amount, but enough to make me need to use paper tower when rinsing it out to wipe it off.

EFFECTIVENESS (7/10)

I mean, it served its purpose and would hold me over for a couple hours while at work. I wouldn't get hungry right away, but it wouldn't make me feel as full as a shake with some casein in it would. So, I would sometimes use this in conjunction with my breakfast or a small snack throughout the day just to feel a little fuller. I liked that this gave me a decent serving of greens and fruits in a convenient matter though.

I never experienced gas or digestive issue from this, which is nice.

I did feel a slight energy boost from the carbs in it, but hard to rate the endurance claim since there are so many other factors that contribute to that.

VALUE (4/10)

This is where this tanks big time. A tub on BB.com is about $45, and there is only 15 servings a tub, making this $3 a serving. Sure that is better than getting something from the coffee shop for $3, but it is pretty pricey still, especially considering the protein is pretty standard, and the carb/fats are both not the best quality.

If I were to have a choice of this and Gold Feast, I would definitely pick Gold Feast; it's the same price, double the servings, better carbohydrates, and a higher ratio of protein:carbs per serving.

I can't even consider the deal I got on these for this rating, as that is a once in a lifetime type deal. But this does go on a Buy 2 get 1 free sometimes, but still $30 a tub is still pricey for this IMO.

-------

Would I recommend this? Possibly, depends on how much money you have to throw around. If you budget your supplements tightly, then I wouldn't suggest it as it would eat up a lot of your budget for not that much in return. If you manage to see this for $25 or less, then possibly worth it to try out, but in reality, I would still pick Gold Feast.

November 24, 2013

Pros:
 Cons:
  • Deep Sleep
  • Enhanced Quality Of Sleep
  • Wake Up Refreshed
  • Suppresses Stress
  • Great Mood
  • Easy To Dose
  • May Make You Sleep The Day Away If You Go Back To Bed After Waking Up
  • Doesn't Knock You Out
Hey SR, time for another review on what I believe is a hidden star.

First for a little history on myself so you can better understand the importance of my ratings. I work shift work, and have 12 hour shifts which can be day shifts (7am to 7pm) or night shifts (7pm to 7am), and I have an extremely tough time switching from nights back to days. I am also very bad at going to bed at a reasonable time for my day shifts, as I have always been a night owl.

Hey SR, time for another review on what I believe is a hidden star.

Generally, I find myself not feeling very rested when I work days, and sleep in until the absolute latest time I can without being late for work. When I am on nights, I generally do the same thing, but in a complete reverse of AM to PM.

I have multiple alarms set, and I will always hit snooze over and over again, and I feel pretty groggy when finally getting up.

OK, with some of that being said on my history, let's get into the review.

INGREDIENT PROFILE (10/10)

Vitamin B-12 (As Methylcobalamin) 2000 mcg
Magnesium (As Magnesium Gluconate) 3 mg

Nimbus Unparalleled Complex
Relora® 250 mg
(A proprietary blend of a patented extract from Magnolia officinalis bark and a proprietary extract from Phellodendron amurense bark)

Sensoril® Ashwagandha 200 mg
(Withania somnifera) Root and Leaf Extract

L-Theanine 100 mg

Gamma Aminobutyric Acid (GABA) 200 mg

5-HTP 200 mg
(5-Hydroxytryptophan) (Griffonia Simplicifolia) (Seed)

BioPerine® 3 mg
(Black Pepper Extract) (Standardized to 95% Piperine) (Piper Nigrum) (Fruit)

Alright, so first off, I love how this is a complete open label. No hidden proprietary blends ++.

This product has 3 patented ingredients in it, so you know they are of high quality.

Relora is supposed to be very good at reducing stress and anxiety.

Sensoril is supposed to help treat psychological and physical ailments such as stress, strain, fatigue, cognitive function, exercise recovery, inflammation, immune health, blood sugar balance, and cardiovascular health.

L-Theanine has been shown to increase amount of alpha waves present during sleep and therefore an increase in REM sleep and quality of sleep.

GABA is supposed to promote relaxing, anti-anxiety, and anti-convulsive effects.

5-HTP is a precursor to serotonin and will therefore provide the user with a calming effect, decrease in stress and aid in the ability to fall asleep as well improve sleep quality.

Bioperine to enhance the uptake of all the above ingredients.

DOSING (10/10)

Very easy to take. Just 2 capsules about 1 hour before bed on an empty stomach.

SIDES (0/10)

Lower is better.
Experienced no noticeable side effects.

EFFECTIVENESS (8.9/10) overall score

I will do my usual way of rating effectiveness. I will take what the company claims, divide 10 by the amount of claims and rate each claim separately. Add the totals up to get the total out of 10.

As an overall though, I really like this product.

Claims:
--Reduction in cortisol levels (1.66/1.66)--
I never got stressed out in the pass month, and I felt pretty calm most of the time. I had some rare aggression here and there but that would be related to my current test booster I am sure.

--Increased energy throughout the day (1.5/1.66)--
For the most part this was true, mainly in the morning. I had a lot more energy in the morning opposed to what I used to. I would wake up and feel very refreshed, and ready to go. I never felt groggy at all, or 'hung over'. It was nice, alarm went off and I would wake up and feel awake right away.

There were some days where I would drag my butt a bit later in the day, but thankfully my pre-workout picked that slack up.

--Improved ability to cope with stress (1.66/1.66)--
I never got stressed out while on this. My cat has been pretty sick too, and has had some bloody stool, I have been worried about him for a few weeks as he is going through some meds and diet change, but I had not been stressed at all. This is a big plus.

As a follow up, he is doing much better now :)

--Improved sense of well-being (1.66/1.66)--
I would have to say I have felt pretty good on this, considering a few events that have happened the past month. Mood has always been positive, and I've felt ready to take on each day!

--Increased sleep quality (1.66/1.66)--
I definitely had a lot better quality sleep. I still stayed up late before my day shifts like I always do, but I wake up feeling very refreshed. 5 hours sleep was feeling more like 8 hours, that was a huge plus. I know I need more than 5 hours sleep, but sometimes just can't with my shifts and everything else I have to do.

--Improved ability to fall asleep (.83/1.66)--
This was the weakest point of all the claims on this product. There were quite a few times that it still took me awhile to get to sleep - so it is not like this will knock out out for the count.

But, this product will definitely keep you asleep when you fall sleep. You will definitely get some great sleep off of this. One warning, if by chance you decide to go back to sleep after waking up, it may make you sleep a lot longer. There were a couple times where I slept the day away on my days off just because I chose to ignore my alarm and go back to sleep... well I was out of it for a long time, some 12hr of 14hr sleeps haha.

VALUE (10/10)

You can find this for about $25 regularly online. That price works out to under $1 per day, and is only a bit more than most ZMA products. I would never ever waste my money on a ZMA product when I can get this for the same price or a bit more.

I managed to score this on a BOGO at Getrippednutrition, so I got 2 for $25.99 which is an insane deal! That gets a straight 20/10 value for that deal!

I have no issues at all paying $25 for a product if it is going to help me function better in the morning and get more out of my sleep, as it is important to me.

Final thoughts

I definitely recommend trying this product out if you are looking for a new sleep aide. This is by far one of the most effective ones I have had, with good effects.

Or if you suffer a lot of stress, this would also be a great product to try out... as it has many ingredients which help with stress, cortisol and anxiety.

I'm not sure if there is better out there, but this has definitely set the bar high.

November 13, 2013

Pros:
 Cons:
  • Amazing Focus
  • Taste Good
  • Increased Power
  • Mixes Easily
  • Little Too Much On Dyes
  • No Pumps
  • Doesn't Use Carnosyn Or Creapure
Hey SR, time for another late night/early morning review.

The last two weeks I've been using (2) 10 serving containers of ENGN that I won through Facebook off of some random page.

First things first, lets take a full look at the ingredient profile as I like to do.

INGREDIENT PROFILE(8/10)

Per 1 scoop serving (6.3g)

Niacin 35mg
Vitamin B6 2mg
Folic Acid 80mcg
Vitamin B12 25mcg
Beta-Alanine 1600mg
Creatine HCL 750mg
Creatine Monohydrate 750mg

ENGN Proprietar...
Hey SR, time for another late night/early morning review.

INGREDIENT PROFILE(8/10)

Per 1 scoop serving (6.3g)

Niacin 35mg
Vitamin B6 2mg
Folic Acid 80mcg
Vitamin B12 25mcg
Beta-Alanine 1600mg
Creatine HCL 750mg
Creatine Monohydrate 750mg

ENGN Proprietary Blend 1990mg
Betaine Nitrate, Caffeine, L-Tyrosine, Choline Bitartrate, Alpha Glycerylphosphorylcholine, PikatropinTM, Hyperzine A

So, first off, it has your B vitamins which are always good to have prior to doing exercise. This also has niacin, and after my Pump Igniter experience I was very curious if this would give me a niacin flush as no other pre-workouts have, and I know I have ones that also have niacin in it. Long story short, no niacin flushes with this one, even at full 2 scoops.

Beta-Alanine is in this product, and at 2 scoops you get the full 3.2g dose, BUT, no where on the tub does it mention it is Carnosyn so it most likely is not.

Two forms of creatine in this product which is good. Once again, there is no Creapure label on the bottle so I am guessing the Monohydrate is just a plain brand. The creatine hcl is nice, I seem to respond well to that form.

Of course there is a prop blend, and no where does it mention how much caffeine is in a serving. There is Betaine Nitrate in this blend, which I am assuming was put in for the 'amplified pumps' claim. I personally don't care for Betaine that much, but lots of products are using it.

Now, for focus/energy (where this product shines), it has:

L-Tyrosine (aids in nor-epinephrine production and great to stack with added Taurine if you have any)

Alpha-GPC (rapidly delivers choline to the brain, enhances memory and cognition)

Choline Bitartrate (Choline is the precursor molecule for acetylcholine which is involved in memory and muscle control)

PikatropinTM (Derivative of GABA and niacin... Cognitive enhancer that promotes greater blood flow to the brain and reduces mental fatigue.)

Hyperzine A (Boosts acetylcholine levels, short/long term memory enhancement, maximize learning potential, and supports brain function)

Overall this is a solid profile, but I dock it 1 point for having a prop blend, and another point for not using Creapure/Carnosyn... as for the price point they should've.

TASTE/MIXABILITY (10/10)

Fruit Punch (10/10)
Although, this is the flavour I was referring to in the title. This is NOT fruit punch, at all. This tastes exactly like a tangy lemon lime. It is delicious, but it is far from tasting like a fruit punch.

Blue Raspberry (9/10)
This tastes delicious too, but not quite as good as the 'fruit punch' tastes.

I want to add a note that they are both heavily dyed, as the others mentioned. I believe the Blue Rasp has more dyes than the Fruit Punch though.

Mixes up with no problem what-so-ever. A few shakes in my spider blender bottle and it is all mixed up, never any left over residue.

EFFECTIVENESS (7.7/10 total score)

I am going to do my same way of rating the effectiveness by challenging the product on the claims it makes. I do it this way as in my opinion, not all pre-workouts have the same targeted functions. Some are purely focused on energy and focus, where others are more strength, while some are all about the pump. I believe doing it this way gives the product a fair shot for a score it deserves... as I am just comparing my experience to what they claim I would feel.

--INTENSE ENERGY (3.33/3.33)--

This should honestly be the main point of this product, this and focus. I agree with the others, the product shines in this category. For good reason too, if you look through my overview of the ingredients, pretty much all of the stuff in the prop blend is all for this category.

I found that my sweet spot was 1.5 to 2 scoops. After taking this I would get dialed in and have some crazy good focus. I was able to really concentrate on my workouts, and get a lot done in a short amount of time. I never had a crash off of this product, which is a huge bonus.

--EXPLOSIVE POWER (3.33/3.33)--

I hadn't been taking any creatine previously to this, as I was taking Pump Igniter before which has no creatine, and I was not supplementing it from any other sources. In saying that, I feel the creatine (probably most likely the HCL) did give me a little strength boost which I hadn't on Pump Igniter.

I had some good lifts, and one of the ones that made me happy was doing flyes on the flat bench with 75lb dumbbells. That was awesome and I got 8 or 9 reps in which felt pretty darn good.

I also felt like I had a bit more strength and power going into my sets, so full points here again.

--AMPLIFIED PUMPS (1/3.33)--

This is where the product falls short, big time. I will give it 1 point as I did have some vascularity, but I honestly can't even attribute that solely to this product. I have been getting leaner lately and have had my veins popping more regularly.

Muscle pumps weren't any different than before I took this, so really I think they should take this off the advertisement and replace it with 'Insane Focus'. But, I enjoyed this product so much I want it to get at least 1 point here.

SIDES (3/10)

Lower is better

Now, occasionally I did get light headed while taking this product. Sometimes it was worse than others, and generally happened if I stood up too fast. One time when I got back to work from my gym break, I got up to go to the washroom shortly after getting back and I got so light headed that I had to take a minute and lean on the wall. It went away quickly, but I didn't like that.

Never had any sides at the gym, but again the first time I took 2 scoops it almost felt like a little too much, as I had a sense of a small headache coming on. It did go away fairly quick and didn't happen again.

Be careful dosing this if you are sensitive to pre-workouts. Start with 1 scoop and slowly increase as needed.

VALUE (7/10)

This product has a going rate online right now of about $30. If you are a 1 scooper than it works out to $1 per serving which is what I like to aim for in a pre-workout. For those like me taking 1.5 scoops to sometimes 2 scoops, you are looking at a cost of $1.50 to $2 per serving... that is a little high for me, especially at the 2 scoops price.

Seeing as I got away with using 1.5 for most of my workouts, I will rate this at a 7. If this ends up going on sale at some point, especially if it goes on a BOGO, firstly, LET ME KNOW! and secondly, totally worth it in that case.

OVERALL (8/10)

I really enjoyed this product, and I really liked my TANGY LEMON LIME tub, not fruit punch :p

If you are looking to try something different and love products that dial in your focus, try this one out.

Great to see a strong product launch for a new company.

November 5, 2013

Pros:
 Cons:
  • Effective
  • Holy Tingles Batman
  • Wakes You Up
  • Good Focus
  • Good Vascularity
  • Wish More Pumps
  • Occasional Stomach Discomfort
  • Dump Igniter
  • May Be Too Strong For Some
  • Lack Of Strength
  • Some Ingredients Under Dosed
Hey SR, another night shift, another review to kill some time so I don't pass out :)

Get ready, wall of text begins!

This time, I am reviewing Pump Igniter by Top Secret Nutrition, and I was very unsure about this product going in, as I got absolutely nothing from their other pre named Cardio Igniter.

Now given it's name, Pump Igniter, you would expect to get some pretty solid pumps off this product. Well, first lets dive into the ingredients to see what is cookin'...

Ingredient Profile Thoughts (8/10)

Per 1 Scoop serving (30 scoops per tub)
Vitamin B3 (as Niacin...

Get ready, wall of text begins!

Ingredient Profile Thoughts (8/10)

Per 1 Scoop serving (30 scoops per tub)
Vitamin B3 (as Niacin) 50 mg 250%
Vitamin B12 60 mcg 1000%
Magnesium 6 mg 2%
Sodium 24 mg 1%
Potassium 211 mg 6%

PUMP AND PERFORMANCE SYNTHESIS 3521 mg **
>HydroCarnâ„¢ (Carnosyn®, Beta Alanine HCL) >L-Citrulline
>Beet Root Extract (High in Nitrates)
>Niacin (Vitamin B3)

>Agmatine Sulfate
>Chlorophytum Borivillianum Extract
>Sodium Phosphate
>Picamilon
>Mucuna Pruriens Seed Extract 98% L-Dopa >Phyllanthus Emblica Fruit Extract >Methylcobalamin (Vitamin B12)

The first thing I want to raise a concern about is the possibility of many ingredients being sprinkled. If they do in fact list the ingredients in the proprietary blends in order of amounts (as most do), then you have 4 ingredients in one blend containing less than 50mg (below Niacin), and in the second blend, all the ingredients below caffeine would have less than 300mg, one being Agmatine.

So, the ingredients in this that would give the 'pump' are L-Citrulline, Beet Root Extract, Agmatine Sulfate, Higenamine, Niacin and possibly Rutaecarpine. I am guessing Agmatine is very under dosed, around 200 to 250mg per scoop, so that won't do much. Beet root I am not completely sold on, so not sure how much that will assist in the pump factor. L-Citrulline really kicks in at 5 to 6 grams, which you are not getting from this; I am guessing 1 to 1.5 grams per scoop. Rutaecarpine is an ingredient I am not quite familiar with, but there is possibility it can help with NO production, I read up that Arginine interferes with it so good that this doesn't have any. Finally, Higenamine has been show to increase vasolidation of the arteries in rat studies, but it also speeds up heart rate and is a beta-2 adrenergic receptor agonist. This ingredient is possibly unsafe for those with irregular heart beats, so if you have a heart murmur or something similar, you may want to avoid this ingredient. So, with saying all of that, this isn't looking too impressive on paper for the pump category.

Now this ingredient, Hydrocarn (Beta Alanine HCL), is the main reason I wanted to try this pre-workout (and the fact I got [2] 30 serving tubs for $23). This is a new form of Beta-Alanine which I have never seen in a pre-workout before. I don't get tingles much anymore from regular Beta-Alanine so I wanted to see how this fares up for the lactic acid battle.

For focus and energy, you are getting TOO much caffeine per scoop in my opinion (300mg), makes it tough to take a double dosage if desired as that is a LOT of caffeine. You also get Choline Bitartrate, and I am guessing you are getting a very good dose of this, somewhere over 1 gram (if ordered by potency). Finally, you get a solid dose of Vitamin B12 to prepare you for exercise.

You get a couple ingredients to help uptake of everything which is nice, Astragin and Bioperine.

Many other ingredients, some which are very under dosed I am sure (Chlorophytum Borivillianum and Mucuna Pruriens being two), but there is one more I want to focus on, as I believe it is the culprit for some of the effects/sides I got as I will mention later. This is Picamilon, which is actually a combination of GABA and Niacin which crosses the blood-brain barrier and then is hydrolyzed into GABA and Niacin. The Niacin will also help with the Pump side of things, but it can also really, warm you up.

I give this am 8/10, as with my thorough overview of the formula, I have to say I am disappointed that many ingredients are most likely under dosed, and that there is just too much caffeine per scoop.

Taste (7.3/10 average)

I had all three flavours, as I grabbed a BOGO of each one... couldn't say no to 180 servings for $69, my thoughts was it if sucked, I'd use as my new coffee replacements over Neurocore.

Red Raspberry (8/10)
Grape (7/10)
Cherry Limeade (7/10)

The flavours are not bad at all, they taste good enough to have day after day for a pre-workout, but not something I would want to drink just to have instead of juice throughout the day.

Mixability (10/10)

No problem here, stuff mixes up nice and easy with a blender ball. There is no creatine in this so don't have to worry about that.

Effectiveness (7/10 combined score)

Let's do what I did for my ANS Ritual review, I will rate it by what the company claims it will do on their website, and then add the totals up. TSN claims [6] different bullets, I will put Drive and Focus together into one bullet for [5] total, as they correlate to each other.

--Drive & Focus(2/2)--
This product definitely got me driven to hit the gym, and dialed in some pretty good focus. There was even one time when I was on my way to the gym, and some lady drove in front of me in a roundabout. Without hesitation I slammed on my breaks and my horn, she was literally inches away from my brand new car. I was so aware as to what was going on around me, so this gets huge bonus points for saving my new car from some ignorant driver. In the gym, I was always focus on the task at hand, lifting, and really contracting my muscles.

--Power(.5/2)--
Now, I had some pretty good workouts, but nothing compared to what I had off of ANS Ritual in terms of strength. This could largely be due to the fact that this is a creatine free formula, and I was cycling off of all my creatine supplements while taking this. But this shows that you should definitely stack this with some sort of creatine if you want to get stronger lifts in while using this, because you will definitely have the energy and focus.

--Pump(1/2)--
Now being this is called 'Pump Igniter', I was expecting some crazy pumps off of this. I did not get crazy muscle pumps from this, but I did have some pretty darn good vascularity from this. My veins really started popping out in my arms and forearms, really nice visual effect to turn heads. I would have really liked to experience some more muscle pumps from this though, but the vascularity was so nice that I will give this half points.

--Energy & Endurance(1.8/2)--
Now, I am fairly high stimulant tolerant, but this stuff definitely wakes me up! I felt a good energy take over me within minutes of taking this, and I would wake right up ready to go. My Endurance was pretty darn good too, but fell a little short due to the my full power not being there with it. This is definitely one to take when you are tired and need to wake up! This stuff also gave me consistent beta-alanine tingles, oddly enough I noticed it more with Red Raspberry flavour, and rarely Grape. Also, never got crashes off of this, surprisingly with the giant caffeine doses.

--Mood(1.7/2)--
I will have to say, I did feel like my mood was uplifted when I took this. Overall it was generally pretty good, but there was the odd time when the stomach discomfort would kick in and I would feel a little blah. I will go over this and more in sides.

Final thing to note, I ended up finding a somewhat sweet spot between 1 scoop and up to a scoop and a half... I was actually afraid to try 2 scoops; the first pre-workout to ever scare me to try 2 scoops :s

Sides (5/10)

Ok so first things first, about 75% of the time after I took this, I paid a visit to the throne. There were many times I had to drop off the Cosby kids at the pool. This never hindered it's effectiveness, but I had to make sure I had a facility nearby incase this came up. I attribute this to the large amount of caffeine as I find for myself, anytime I ingest a large amount of caffeine it ends up with my system getting a purge. Hence my title Dump Igniter :)

Secondly, HOLY NIACIN FLUSHES! Seriously, this stuff gave me insane niacin flushes, to the point where sometimes it looked like I was having an allergic reaction. I would get extremely warm, and VERY tingly (that Hydrocarn hits you good), and then just get blotches of red mainly on my neck, back, elbows and ears. I have taken many other products with the same amount or more of Niacin with nowhere near these effects (75mg in 1 and a half scoops), so I bet this has to do with the combination of the Niacin, Picamilon and Hydrocarn. Seeing as Picamilon is GABA and Niacin, you are getting more than 50mg of it per serving as mentioned on the label, just not sure how much. If this kind of thing bothers you, keep your dose low, or avoid this product. I don't mind it, and is nice when I am freezing at work in the cold datacenter :) It generally subsides within 30 minutes or so, and is not harmful from what I read online, it actually flushes out free radicals.

Lastly, I got the occasional stomach discomfort. My girlfriend tried this a few times and she also got the discomfort once. Just felt like my gut was wrenching, but more water would generally help this go away.

Value(10/10)

For what I got this stuff for, the value is incredible. BOGO at about $23, so 60 servings. Even at 1.5 scoops I was running 58 cents per workout. But, even at regular price this has some good value still, as I highly doubt you will need to go up to 2 full scoops. If you do, you are a machine my friend!

Overall(7.3/10)

I do have to say, I like this stuff, and it definitely has it's use. While this would not make it in my top pre-workout choices, it is a solid choice if you need something that really wakes you up. I wish that this gave me a little more power, but in saying that, this would be awesome to stack with a creatine supplement and I do plan to do that in the future. I would've liked to see Creatine HCL in this instead of that Beet Root, but that's just me.

I would give this a thumbs up to advanced users to give it a shot for the experience; but if you are relatively new to supplements, I would advise trying some weaker choices first as this could really throw your system a curve ball... look at the sides I got and I am a very experience and well seasoned supplement user!

And yes, I still like this even with the sides I listed. The only one that really bothered me was the stomach discomfort - thankfully it only happened a couple times. The Niacin flush I actually enjoy, and visiting the throne was fine with me, lightens me up for the task ahead! hahaha.

Wall of text end.

October 12, 2013

Pros:
 Cons:
  • Full Disclosure Of Proven Ingredients
  • Great Focus
  • Very Consistent
  • Focuses On Performance Aspect
  • Ingredients In Proper Amounts
  • Battles Fatigue
  • Great Pumps
  • Lacking In The Energy Department
  • Taste Is Too Sweet
  • May Not Be For Stim-junkies
  • Girlfriend Will Question Why You Were At The Gym So Long
Hey SR, time for another supplement review from the Cow. I ran a full tub and then some of this, and still have more (thankfully).

Now I have to admit, this was probably my most anticipated pre-workout to try this year. Ever since I saw the ingredient profile, I was very intrigued, as it is a very promising looking profile.

Speaking of which, let's take a look at it and I'll give you my thoughts.

INGREDIENT PROFILE OPINIONS

Per serving (Total 45 servings)
-Vitamin C (as ascorbic acid) 100 mg 167%*
-Vitamin B12 (as cyanocobalamin) 150 mcg 2500%*
-Beta-Alanine 1600 ...

Speaking of which, let's take a look at it and I'll give you my thoughts.

INGREDIENT PROFILE OPINIONS

Per serving (Total 45 servings)
-Vitamin C (as ascorbic acid) 100 mg 167%*
-Trimethylglycine (Betaine Anhydrous) 1250 mg **
-AgmaPureâ„¢ Agmatine Sulfate 500 mg **
-Styphnolobium japonicum extract (flower, bud) supplying Xanthaurine 100 mg **

-PERFORMANCE PROTOCOL Complex 688 mg **
N-Acetyl-L-Tyrosine, DN1000â„¢ (Dendrobium nobile extract), Caffeine Anhydrous, B-Phenylethylamine HCl, Hordenine HCl, Higenamine HCl, AstraGinâ„¢ (Astragalus membranaceus and Panax notoginseng extract)

Look at that sexy profile, hnnnngh. Alright, well you got plenty of B12 which is good for exercise. You have a solid dose of Beta-Alanine for helping fight lactic acid build up. A decent dose of Citrulline for helping with NO production and getting a pump, as well as some Agmapure Agmatine, which is boss. Creatine Monohydrate, which is great, but personally I like to see a different form of Creatine in a pre-workout since with Mono, you need at least 5grams, and that is easily taken from a bulk tub... would've been nice to have creatine HCL or something similar IMO. You have a great dose of Betaine, which I guess is good, but I don't know how solid the research is on this stuff, but at least it's in there too! Also have 100mg of Xanthaurine (which is also known as Quercetin), this is supposed to act as an antioxidant which scavenges free radicals in the body. It can also reduce blood pressure and therefor aiding in the pump department.

Finally there is a little proprietary blend at the end. I love how the majority of the label is fully disclosed, huge points. In this blend you have a form of Tyrosine , which is great for helping dopamine levels and nor-epinephrine, as well as helping in stressful situations. There is Dendrobium as well which really, everyone started chasing after CRAZE was so effective and everyone thought, "well damn it has to be that Dendrobium!" when in reality, it was the hidden illegal ingredient giving the effect in CRAZE... amphetamines! (Tigerfitness had CRAZE tests come back showing it contained 7.2mg amphetamines per 1 gram, FYI). So I don't know if this really does anything or not. There is Caffeine which is a small amount, I read somewhere that ANS said one serving of Ritual is about the same as a cup of coffee. To wrap it up, the last ingredients are all great, good for helping energy and fat loss, as well as Astragin! Nice final touch for help in uptake.

I would have to give the Profile a solid 10 really, it looks fantastic!

TASTE

Icy Blue Raspberry (6/10)
Candy Green Apple (7/10)
Now, they don't taste awful, but they don't taste the best either. I have definitely had some better tasting supps, and worse. The Blue Rasp is good, it's less sweet than the apple IMO, but it is not something I would want to drink just to enjoy it. The Candy Green Apple is very very sweet, a little too much. You will want to dilute it quite a bit, especially if you take more than 1 scoop. But it does taste like liquid green jolly rancher so if you love those, then you should love this.

MIXABILITY (9/10)

I always use a Spider Blender Bottle, and it mixes it up really well. There is little crystals at the bottom usually, which is most likely the Creatine Mono. One thing I noticed is that there were random flakes in the powder, what looked like yellow flakes. Dunno what they were, but you don't notice them when you drink it

EFFECTIVENESS (9/10 total tally)

I just want to state that first, I found my sweet spot for dosing was 2 to 2.5 scoops. This is what these ratings are based on.

Ok, lets try doing this a different way and look at what ANS Performance claims this will do and then base the effectiveness off of that. There are 4 bullet points on their site, so each will be worth 2.5 points. (less the Astragin absorption bullet, can't rate that).

-Incredible Rush of Energy, Focus and Strength (1.75/2.5 points)
While the energy from this product is far from 'incredible', it did wake me up a little, but I did not feel the energy like I can on most pre-workouts. Now, my focus was crazy good. Every time I took this, I would just want to go lift stuff. When I got to the gym, I wouldn't want to leave and I ended up getting in trouble once or twice from being gone too long. The girlfriend was like "Where the heck were you? You were gone a long time!". Yea well I was in the gym getting my swole on! Strength was also very good and consistent. I never had a bad workout with this stuff, it just might not be for stim-junkies.

-Skin-Splitting Muscle Pumps & Vascularity (2.25/2.5 points)
The pumps I got on this product were very good, and yet again consistent. With the dosage I was taking, I was getting about 3.75 grams of Citrulline, 1.25 grams of Agmatine, and 250mg of Quercetin. I found my vascularity to come out more in my biceps than it normally does, and my forearms were lit up. After my bicep days, they felt really full and pumped up, same with chest days. I would have to say this product definitely delivered for me here. I did take Nanostim with it a couple times and my pumps were even better, it was insane!

-Enhanced Endurance and Performance (2.5/2.5 points)
Going back to the first rating on strength and focus, this definitely gave me better endurance, I never wanted to leave the gym and workout out TOO long sometimes! I also feel this hit the sport on the performance. I was working day shifts and night shifts throughout my tub of this, and I always performed better than I was expecting too, my leg workouts were as good as when I was carb loading months and months ago.

-Amplifies Workout Power Output (2.5/2.5 points)
Again, this can fall in line with my other ratings. I was pushing some solid weight while using this and always left the gym satisfied with my workout. I am glad I grabbed the BOGO on bb.com and have a few more tubs of this.

VALUE (9/10)

A tub is 45 servings, and at my dosage I was getting anywhere from 18 to 22 servings. Now, regular price for this is about $30 on many sites, but I have found that promotions have been abundant with this. Once I got Ritual with a free Dilate, once with a free HIT, and last time I got 2 Ritual for the price of 1. So really this has been averaging about $15 a tub for me, which is a solid 10++ value! But, this will not always be the case, and even still you are getting a solid dose of all the ingredients per serving, you can just take some caffeine pills if you want more energy. At 2 scoops you will be a little over $1 per serving at regular price, which is totally worth it with what you are getting in each scoop.

OVERALL (9/10)

This is a must try for anyone who is considering it. Yes, I would have liked a different creatine form, but with 2.5 scoops I was almost getting 5grams of mono anyways, and I realize another form of creatine would probably make the price go up. I am very pleased with this product, and will definitely purchase it again.

My only concern is I know they are releasing 2 new flavours soon, and they are marked as 30 serving tubs. I really hope they are either less expensive, or a higher dose/larger scoop per serving. If this is a straight 15 serving per tub cut, I would be very disappointed.

Overall
Overall
1.0
2.0
0.0
  October 2, 2013

Pros:
 Cons:
  • More Dreams
  • Easy Dosing
  • No Noticable Testosterone Increase
Hey SR what is going on!
I just finished up 2 bottles of this stuff, I had them in my drawer from a promotion I bought some time ago at Best Price Nutrition, and just got to taking them in August.

So, lets start with looking at the ingredients... simple...

99% Pure N-Methyl-D-Aspartic Acid 30mg

Hey SR what is going on!

So, lets start with looking at the ingredients... simple...

99% Pure N-Methyl-D-Aspartic Acid 30mg

Now, they CLAIM this is 100% stronger than DAA, therefore it would equal a 3 gram dose of DAA (30mg x 100 = 3000mg)... my question is, why would you pay a giant premium for a product that is giving you the 'same' dosage as the much cheaper and much more proven ingredient, D-Aspartic Acid? The only correct answer should include that it does MORE than the other ingredient as well, and they try to say this also improves your sleep, and reduced recovery time YOU CAN FEEL... now that last statement is a VERY bold one.

Lets go over what they claim individually...

-----100x Stronger than D-Aspartic-Acid (0/10 agreed)-----
I have taken DAA supplements before, and I know how I should feel on them. I felt next to nothing from this in regards to Testosterone increasing, not even remotely hornier, and I did not have any acne increase except when I cycled in Anatropin/Endosurge a month into these bottles, when I may post reviews up on later.

-----Immediate Testosterone Enhancement (0/10 agreed)-----
Read the above, explains it pretty much. No signs of testosterone increase from this supplement alone.

Instant Sleep Improvement (5/10 agreed)

Instant? No. Improvement? Maybe. I did notice that when I was taking this, I was having a lot more involved dreams, and when I was asleep, I was out of it. Sometimes I would sleep my butt way in too, which does happen to me here and there since I work shift work, shifts being 2 weeks days 7am to 7pm, and two weeks nights 7pm to 7am. In the first week my girlfriend mentioned to me on quite a few occasions that I was laughing in my sleep, and talking (which I have done before). But the laughing she said was very random, and I don't have any recollection of it.
All in all, I don't know how much it improved my sleep compared to other, cheaper supplements (GABA/Valerian Root/Melatonin), but it did play with my dreams.

-----Reduced Recovery Time You Can Feel (0/10 agreed)-----
In no way, what so ever, did my recovery time reduce. Never could I 'feel' this recovery time either. I have always had pretty good recovery, so I know when something is helping in that area. My leg day recovery was the same as its always been. Lately it has improved, and I have been feeling more sore at times when I haven't rested enough. All this as of late recovery bonuses I attribute to Bio-Gro since it falls in line when I started it up.

Now for the mainstream ratings....

Dosing (10/10)

This could not be easier, 1 capsule 30 minutes before bedtime. Nice and easy.

-----Effectiveness (2/10)
I did not get any benefits on the muscle gains, workout recovery, and testosterone departments (the main areas you would BUY this supplement for), but I did experience a little more involved dreams and some heavy sleep at times. I did not wake up energized and ready to go though, as I would have liked. Also, it did not put me to sleep, just kept me there a little longer after I got there.

Value (0/10)

I could never justify this to a friend to buy unless it was under $10 and they were looking for something to make them sleep heavier and have crazy dreams. This is sold (or was sold, now it is reformulated as SRT) around $30 to $40. Why on EARTH would anyone pay that price for this when they can buy a Bulk DAA powder for around $25 that lasts 3 times as long, and actually works??!

Overall (1/10)

Ok, so it did do SOMETHING (and easy to dose), but it was nothing that it should focus on or do... and for that sticker price? oh god no... go buy some tasty steaks instead.

Thoughts on the new Intimidate SRT

DISCLAIMER: Just thoughts, I haven't taken the new formula.
So, although I have not tried it, it is the exact same product with added 500mg of Brassaiopis Glomerulata. It also has a sticker price of around $40 right now.

What is the purpose of blocking estrogen with Brassaiopis if you aren't getting a testosterone boost from the N-Methyl-D-Aspartic Acid... I wouldn't get this new version either unless I wanted to dream more and got it for under $10,... maybe $5.

In that regards, I would still say get bulk DAA powder, and a separate estrogen blocker, something with Arimistane would be best.

September 10, 2013

Pros:
 Cons:
  • Immune Complex
  • Digestive Complex
  • Joint Complex
  • Full Of Neccesary Vitamins
  • Contains The Most Bioavaiable Forms Of The Vitamins
  • No Food Coloring In Some Versions!
    Well, for starters, this is a multivitamin so it is difficult to gauge some of it's related effectiveness, but there are some features of this particular one that can be assessed (Joint/Immune/Digestion Complexes).

I personally believe a multivitamin is a great addition to anyone's supplement regime as it really does help fill the holes you may be missing in your diet. A bonus of this one is that it is also going to help out your immune system, your food digestion and help your aching knees after heavy leg days. :)

EFFECTIVENESS (10/10):
    I have been using Orange Triad for a very lon...

EFFECTIVENESS (10/10):
    I have been using Orange Triad for a very long time now, and I have got my best friend to get on this as well - who doesn't work out regularly and who does have achy joints with a mediocre diet. I find that I still do get sore here and there, and I find that my joints still do get achy here and there, but not as bad as it could be or has been in the past. My friend on the other hand mentioned to me that since he started taking this, and taking it at half dose a day, he has had significant improvement in his knees, which tells me it does work - I just don't notice it as much as I have been taking supplements a long time.

I almost never get sick, and I find that my immune system is very strong, so I could say this has possibly been an asset to me in this department.

I never have digestion problems, and have not had any constipation issues since I can remember, so I guess this has been assisting there as well.

I still do get the odd joint pains here and there so I can't say that it is perfect, but it is probably the closet thing to perfect in a multivitamin on the market.

DOSING (10/10):
    I personally like the split dosing as I believe it is beneficial to spread out the intake throughout the day. I mean for those that don't like the split dosing, you could really just take the whole serving at once, but I feel it wouldn't be as effective as if it was split up.

TASTE/FORMULA? (10/10):
    Well, they are pills, mediocre size pills, don't taste like anything. BUT, I do have to say I love the new formula and how they removed the dyes from it. That was my only qualm with the OG.

The formula of the actual ingredients is superb, just wish it had more Magnesium as in the 6 pills it only has 25% daily like most do out there.

Comparing this to my old multivitamin which was Opti-Men, this demolishes it as the Viri and Amino blends in the Opti-Men did nothing for me at all, and I would much rather the Joint/Flex benefits of this one. The Amino blend is a complete waste of space IMO.

VALUE (9/10):
    Now, I am in Canada, and I never buy my supplements in store as they are crazy overpriced (Triad is about $50 + tax), but I do buy online from the US and I have been scoring this for about $23 a bottle on sale which makes it about 50 cents a day at full dose (plus whatever crazy shipping charges are). Regular price is about $30 online, and is still decent but at that point it tips the value to 9/10. If this was 50 cents a serving at full dose all the time, I would give it a 10.

Honestly, if you don't work out a lot, or if you are not super active then you could get away with toning down the pills per day from 6 to say 3 or 4 and get almost double out of the bottle (which is what my friend does). But for all of us super active lifters on here, the full dose is the way to go.

Overall, this is in my opinion, the best multivitamin on the market right now.