Mtinson

• Reputation is somewhat low. (+11)
  • Was an active member for 7 months, but hasn't been online since June, 2013

• Great Absorption
  • Tastes Good
  • High Quality
  • Good Recovery
    ProtoWhey is my go too protein, just cant get enough of the stuff!

INGREDIENT PROFILE: 10/10
    Per serve there is 20g Protein.
    This might not seem very much but because it is 100% pure Hydrolyzed protein, all of it is used by the body very quickly. If you need more just add another scoop.
    Also packs 5.7g BCAA's & 3g Fiber for only 120 calories.

TASTE & MIXABILITY: 10/10
    ProtoWhey is probably the BEST TASTING PROTEIN.
    The chocolate tastes like milo or nesquick.
    Vanilla is the best tasting vanilla on the market, hands down.
    Cafe Mocha is really good, but kind of got over it. ...
    ProtoWhey is my go too protein, just cant get enough of the stuff!

INGREDIENT PROFILE: 10/10
    Per serve there is 20g Protein.
    Also packs 5.7g BCAA's & 3g Fiber for only 120 calories.

TASTE & MIXABILITY: 10/10
    ProtoWhey is probably the BEST TASTING PROTEIN.
    The chocolate tastes like milo or nesquick.
    Vanilla is the best tasting vanilla on the market, hands down.
    Cafe Mocha is really good, but kind of got over it.
    Banana Creme is quiet weak, not a huge Banana flavour.
    Have yet to try Strawberry.
    Tastes amazing with water. I like to blend it with ice. But also good with milk.
    Protowhey is so Hydrolyzed that you can eat it right out of the tub if you want, therefore it mixes very easily. Better than any other protein I have tried.

EFFECTIVENESS: 10/10
    I have made good lean gains with this protowhey (with good diet) and also use it for cutting.
    Since it has virtually no Carbs, if you need to add some carbs too it or get your carbs from food.

VALUE: 8/10
    It is a bit on the more expensive side but I say you get what you pay for.

OVERALL: 10/10
    Protowhey is my favourite protein on the market today. I cant wait to down one after my workout.
    It isn't lactose free but goes down very easily and have zero bloating.
    I would recommend Protowhey to anyone.
    Seriously got get some now!

November 18, 2012

• Lean Muscle
      Was recommended Aftershock from my local Nutrition shop, I was a bit sceptical because of the funky flavours but glad I gave it a go.

TASTE/MIXABILITY: 7/10
      I tried the Pina Colada flavour since that what was recommended too me. It is a bit strange at first but blend it up with some ice and its awesome. It is very sweet and would not recommend it with milk. Mixed in a shaker it does foam up a bit and may get some gritty pieces of protein floating around. I would recommend mixing in a blender.

INGREDIENT PROFILE: 9/10
      Very pleased with the ingredients in aftershock. Per serve it ...

TASTE/MIXABILITY: 7/10

INGREDIENT PROFILE: 9/10
      Very pleased with the ingredients in aftershock. Per serve it has:
      34g Protein (hydrolysed lactose free),
      30g Carbohydrates (polysaccharides and maltodextrin)
      8g Amino Acids (Creatine, Glutamine
      7.2g BCAA
      1500mg Joint Reapair Formula
      1500mg Antioxidant Blend

EFFECTIVENESS: 9/10
      Mainly chose this product for lean bulking. Who doesn't want to put on muscle without the fat.
      Aftershock defiantly delivered, I had muscle gains and also reduced my body fat percentage.
      Wasn't any more sore than usual.
      Was also good when I couldn't find time to have one of my meals as it pretty much provided my protein and carb requirements.

OVERALL: 8/10
      Apart from the funky taste that takes getting use too (maybe they should dry good old chocolate), Aftershock is a very good protein powder and I would recommend it.

November 5, 2012

Cons:
        GlycoJect is the second carbohydrate powder I have used. I must say I was very impressed.

Profile: 9/10
        This is where GlycoJect is different. Instead of containing the usual dextrose or waxy maize GlycoJect is made up from Karbolyn (potato, rice and corn)
        Evogen's research shows that it absorbs 80% faster.
        100 Calories p/s
        25g Carbohydrates p/s

Profile: 9/10
        Evogen's research shows that it absorbs 80% faster.
        100 Calories p/s
        25g Carbohydrates p/s

I took a serve before and during my workout (mixed with amino acids during workout). I noticed that I had more energy at the start of my workout and sipping on it throughout the workout kept my glycogen levels up. I defiantly noticed an increase in overall energy.

Taste: 8/10
        I tried Watermelon flavour (since my amino acids were watermelon flavoured too).
        It is a very mild flavour so can't complain there.

Mix-ability: 9/10
        Mixes very good on it's own in a shaker and also when mixed with amino acids.

This is a great product which you can use during your workouts to keep your glycogen levels up, after your workout as a carbohydrate source to mix with protein or just as an extra carbohydrates when ever you need them.

I will defiantly be buying again.