MrAppleman

SR TROOPer

• Member has been active for 7 years, and was last online 9 months ago

Reviews by MrAppleman

June 10, 2014

"The ultimate physique presentation and total muscular definition posing oil that will leave your competition in the pump-up room. Formulated exclusively for hot lights, Muscle Juice shows your true muscle definition without creating blind spots like baby oil. Muscle juice allows your skin to breathe, limiting perspiration beading while the natural oils soak into your skin to moisturize, then gradually emerge to provide a superior sheen."

I would have to agree with Pro Tan's description.

I would have to agree with Pro Tan's description.

Pretty Basic product here, the idea is to prevent your physique from being drown out by the stage lights while highlighting your physique.
Here is how to use
Apply to body and rub in before heading on stage. I found it works well if you apply it while putting on your Dream Tan.But works even better when mixing the muscle juice in with your Dream Tan.

Heres what I noticed.
Gives you a great shine and really improves your color. Also when using I noticed I did not need to really touch up my color hours later. It still looked great. Doesnt streak and does not overshine like Pam/cooking spray. Anyone who prefers cooking spray to this must not have tried it/ used properly.

Not very expensive and a little bit goes a long way

Overall, inexpensive product that does what it claims. Will not compete without it.

November 9, 2013

Pros:
 Cons:
  • Increases Lh
  • Increases Gh
  • Enhances Recovery
  • Helps You Fall Asleep
  • Increased Vasodilation
  • Bedroom Pumps.
    All tens??? Yes I believe so. Compared to other brands of agmatine I have tried this one trumps them. As a pure bulk ingredient its a win. I believe someone had mentioned purity being like 99% or so.

Dosage
    1/4 tsp=630mg
    Pretty easy, no scooper?? Big deal who doesnt have tsps around and if not invest in a set of measuring spoons and you can use them for anything else. Like Dextrose,Creatine,Glutamine, etc..

Taste/mix

Dosage
    1/4 tsp=630mg

Taste/mix
    Its pretty bitter but you get used to it. If you normally enjoy your preworkout after adding this, you wont nearly as much. As for mixing with water its not bad, just use like 2-4oz of water and one gulp it. Mixes well.

2 categories as I used it in 2 ways. Added 1.8g to my preworkouts and 1.8-2.4 before bed. Worked great in both. I will also say I have gone through 300g+ of it so far and the results I get from it have not diminished in any noticeable way.

Vasodilator/performance
    Great in this category. Always a lot of vasodilation and full muscles, that lasted.
    Compared to other brands of agmatine I could use significantly less of it to get better results. And higher dosages even better.

GH/LH Sleep aid
    I didnt get any tests done, but it did certainly help with sleep/dreams and waking up ready to go in all categories. so I will say that its a slam dunk here as well. Also noticed increased recovery when dosing agmatine. There were a few nights where out or either lazyness and curiosity of how well it worked that I did not take it. And I felt a difference. and didnt wake up quite as ready to go.

I will also mention that when I had run out of Agmapure and attempted to use a different agmatine product the results were nearly the same.

Also after a while it hardens up a tad. When you first open it its a very fine powder but towards the last week or so of tub it gets kind of clumped but I wont mark it down since no drop in effectiveness and the 200g tub does take a while to go through even at 3-4 grams a day.

I take up to 4.3g a day and that runs me a $1.05 a day. Now Yes that adds up but I am getting performance boosts to my training and also nighttime recovery/sleep aid.
    If you buy the 200g obviously its the greatest value.Cheapest I have gotten it for is 48 and change. Which puts it at 24 cents a gram. Which is pretty darn good compared to any average agmatine supplement which ranges from 40-60 cents a gram from most retaliers/brands. and then when you factor in the purity and effectiveness its a great deal. Would I like to pay less? Of course, who wouldnt but the results I get from it are worth the price to me. Especially when It works so much better than other agmatine supplements.

In terms of bedroom pumps capsules would be nice, since you know you cant always excuse yourself to get a tsp of agmatine for drink.

October 17, 2013

Got the chance to use around 180 CT of purpletop oxyelite pro.

Lets see what we have here.
    Ingredients
    Of course its a blend
    At least we know each capsule has 135mg of caffeine so thats nice.
    140 mg blend consisting of

-Bauhinia Purpurea L. (Leaf and Pod) Extract
    which apparently increases Thyroid activity resulting in higher metabolism, energy and mood.
    Also found to have anti-ulcer activity in animals.

Got the chance to use around 180 CT of purpletop oxyelite pro.

Lets see what we have here.
    Ingredients
    Of course its a blend
    At least we know each capsule has 135mg of caffeine so thats nice.
    140 mg blend consisting of

-Bauhinia Purpurea L. (Leaf and Pod) Extract
    Also found to have anti-ulcer activity in animals.

-Aegeline found in leaf of the bael fruit tree. Ebsco had an article on a academic journal posted saying they found it to inhibit histamine release in rats which would result in lower appetite.

-Norcoclaurine HCL also known as Higenamine. It is a stimulant, also a Beta 1, and beta 2 agonist and has some bronchodialator effects. Which would explain why I have seen it suggested for coughs or asthma. Also found to be helpful for erectile dysfunction? maybe thats from the Beta 1 agonist.

-Hemerocallis Fulva could not find as much on this but what I did find says itpromotes Lipolysis by increasing the mobility of fat out of the cell and into the bloodstream to be used as a source of energy. It works as both an antioxidant and "lipid peroxidator", meaning that it's going to attack lipids/fats by literally stealing electrons from your fats, effectively putting them on the move and lining them up for your destruction.

-Yohimbe helps increase lipolysis

Decent profile, everything belongs there wouldnt mind some sort of diuretic blend added in.

Dosing same as most fatburners, very easy small capsules. start at 1 and 1 work up to 2 and 1. Or if youre like me 2 and 2. Like most of my fatburners I like to take first dose after my morning lift session right before my cardio, and 2nd dose later in day.

Like my title says not like the original, granted Its been a long time since I used the original and my stim tolerance is higher but didnt notice as strong effects in terms of fat burning and appetite control and thermogenic effects. The purple top was super mild. I did continue to progress with loss of BF but I was doing cyclical ketosis dieting, eating at calorie deficit and training hard in the gym with cardio, so of course I am expected to lose BF with or without a fatburner.

Stimulants/energy
    It didnt give me an extra kick really at all even with 2 capsules and the super duper norcoclaurine. I never noticed the stimulants in it. Not really a big deal thats not why I take it but I should feel something. Needs more caffeine. The norcoclaurine doesnt cut it. I think 160mg of caffeine per cap would be sufficient.

Thermogenic effects
    Nothing special at all, no goosebumps, chills or sweats.

Appetite supression
    Again didnt notice much here. I mean I wasnt hungry all the time but I didnt not feel hungry like some fatburners have made me feel.

Fat loss
    like I said I experienced fat loss but I was dieting and busting my butt for shows. So I would have lost BF with or without it. I am sure it helped but not that much.

at 3 capsules a day you are looking at about 1.25 a day at most retailers. For the original I gladly paid that but being that this one was quite lacking I think that is a crappy value. Especially since I was taking 4 caps a day, costing me 1.5+ a day. Once again other fat burners cost less and work better.

Overall

So it did aid with fat loss, minimally, other fatburners have worked better. Didnt increase my energy much, no thermogenic effects, and no outstanding appetite supression. I did notice some drying of lips so there was that, maybe had a small diuretic effect but nothing major.

The apple fell far from the tree on this one USP

October 4, 2013

• Preserves Lean Body Mass
    • No Crash
    • Appetite Suppression
    • Noticeable Increase In Body Temp
    • Bathroom Trips
    After reading several shining reviews for this I was convinced I had to try it, especially since I had opportunity to buy it for 15 dollars.

Ingredients ----
    Not going to break down the profile as JoeFlah already did a super job with that and most of these I have not seen before.
    I will comment on the profile, I like it.

Ingredients ----
    I will comment on the profile, I like it.
    Of course caffeine and yohimbe ingredients I like to see in fat burners, I like Choline, and N-Courmaroyldopamine, After many succesfull runs of Compound 20 which contains Courmaroyldopamine I was intrigued when I saw that. As for the rest of the profile I do not know much about.

Dosing. Very similar to most fat burners, start with 1 and 1 then work up to 2 and 1. I dosed it 2 and 2 because I am quite tolerant to stims and with my work schedule could use the extra caffeine.
    I dosed 2 scoops right after lifting with some BCAAs right before my cardio. Now pills would be more convenient but I felt the powder worked very well as a fat burner. First time having a powder thermo and I liked it. I dont know if it was just that it kicked in faster or what but I liked it. Now carrying around the little container is not that bad its a small tub so I would toss it in my bag, but the scoop gets buried and you have to finger it out. Since I liked how it works compared to pills I would get it again no biggy. On ocasion I tossed it in the little funnels from those 3 in 1 shakers so that made it more convenient and I would recommend that if you dont want to be scooping fat burner out mid shift at work or what not.

Taste- Well I had the Fruit Punch and I disliked it A LOT. Way too citrusy. It was so tart and tasted just like USPLabs Test Powders Fruit Punch Flavor and I hated that. (also made you run to the bathroom like Test Powder but Ill talk about that later). I dont think Raspberry Lemonade would be any better really sounds even more tart. The best way to avoid the taste was throw each scoop right in my mouth and chase with water. But it is still manageable. Just had to make a face every sip.

Effectiveness- Very pleased with the results in terms of definition. When I started the tub I was about a week away from a bodybuilding competition with another one 3 weeks later. Being 1 week away from the 2nd competition and looking tighter than I was at my first competition I give some credit to alphamine. 2 weeks more of dieting when at low BF could still make a big difference but I was impressed.

Now as for stims. Not too strong, but I think they could have put a tad more caffeine in. As Clipper stated a nice smooth effect.

Appetite control was tight. Not as strong as Oxy ECA black but I found myself going a little longer between meals. I usually eat approximately every 2 hours but with this I could get to 2.5 hours and have a little debate on whether or not to eat. Along the lines of "I am not hungry but its been long enough I should be hungry so Ill eat"

Thermogenic Effects. Pretty good, When dosed before Cardio I found that I would get a good sweat going fairly easily. Another effect that I notice with most strong thermogenics is a real big increase in water intake and being much more thirsty within an hour or so of dosing it. Which I always found myself to guzzle water the hour afterwards.

A Negative effect is the bathroom trips, like what the heck. Consistently within 40 mins of dosing I would have to run to the bathroom. Not cool.

Value-
    Pretty average value. I would think that being a powder it would be a tad cheaper than it is considering that Oxy Elite Pro runs about the same price. Then again in my opinion Alphamine works better thus worth the price. On Allstar it is 31 dollars for 84 scoops and most people will be dosing this at 3 scoops so that is 4 weeks exactly. Which is $1.1 a scoop and thats good for the quality of the fat burner.

Overall- Good Fatburner with good appetite control, thermogenic effects, decent energy at a competitive price. Nice job PES

September 26, 2013

Pros:
     Cons:
    • Intense Energy
    • Very Potent
    • Works Every Time.
    • Too Strong For Some
      I logged this with OxyECA, and HyperT2 a while ago. This review is waaay overdue.

Profile

1942mg blend consisting of Beta Alanine, Agmatine Sulfate, Caffeine, Synephrine HCl, N-Methyl-L-Tyramine HCl, R-Beta-Methylphenylethylamine, Pikatropinâ„¢^ (N-Nicotinoyl-R-Aminobutyric Acid), Rauwolfia vomitoria Extract (std. min. 90% alpha yohimbine) (root bark), Yohimbe Extract (std. min. 98% yohimbine HCl) (bark)

Profile

Yes the proprietary blend is annoying. Especially all of it being in one blend. I dont see the point of tossing beta alanine and agmatine and caffiene in blends. Many preworkouts contain these ingredients. We know these ingredients work well preworkout and knowing the amounts would not give away any special secret blend. I also think all supplements should have to list caffeine amount. And you know the beta alanine is under dosed being that it is a 1900mg blend and 3.2g is the dosage that works best. Not knowing the agmatine as well really bugs me. As well as the yohimbe. When yohimbe is combined with caffeine it can have some pretty crazy effects on some individuals.

Taste
      Very good, I had the watermelon flavor and it was amazing.

If you think that you can just 2 scoop this cause you take 3 scoops of c4 or what not you are wrong.
      This stuff is strong. Works very well in the stim department. Super potent. Great Focus from the pikatropin, Great Energy
      As for pump, meh I mean what is there maybe 250mg agmatine in there? But thats okay because you still will get a decent pump. I add agmatine in to my preworkouts so I dont knock the effectiveness for lack of pump. And besides with how speedx3 performs on the stim side its perfectly fine that it has very little agmatine.

I actually think this is where speedx3 shines the most. its usually 20-25 dollars and there are 40 True servings which is saying a lot compared to most 2 serving preworkouts. So youre looking at around 50 cents a serving for a preworkout that packs a punch.

September 20, 2013

Super HD

One of the latest editions to my fatburner supplement options. Only If you get it at a good price.

Dosage very simple. Twice a day, once in AM, once again later. Can adjust serving size after adjusting tolerance. I dosed it at 4 a day. 2 in AM and 2 in PM. On ocasion I did 3 in AM or PM, never went over 5 caps in one day. Those were only on days where I needed extra boost or had lower stimulant intake due to not taking a pre. I am also pretty tolerant to stims.

Ingredients -----7---

Super HD

Ingredients -----7---

I like the indredients but the blend bugs me. Cellucor does list caffeine amount, which is an ingredient I specifically liketo know how much I am taking in. (I do think it should be mandatory in all supplements)
      But pretty much everything else is hiding in a blend. But the ingredients in those blends are noteworthy. I really would like to know how much yohimbe is in it though.

Super HD Nootropic & CNS Support Blend:

Caffine- 160mg, Good amount not too strong but enough to help boost you up.
      Some L tyrosine to help with dopamine/seratonin and amplify the timulant effect.
      Huperzine A, or toothed moss. Added to help with focus I like the inclusion of this,

I like the whole CNS support and nootropic. Dieting can be tough on your CNS especially on a low carb diet, the mind can become clouded and forgetful so support in that area is very welcome. And in my opinion sets it apart from most fat burners. All have caffeine but dont really go as far as cellucor did to support CNS. They also list every ingredients amount in this blend, so thats nice.

Super HD ThermoSculpting Blend
      iFAS50- Couldnt find too much on this. it consists of (Camellia sinensis leaf extract, Tuber fleece flower root extract, and Chinese mistletoe stem extract) Found something about bronchodilator for the camellia, Anti Aging for the tuber fleece flower. The Chinese mistletoe found to be helpful to ease breathing for those with asthma.
      I can see why a bronchodilator blend is beneficial in fatburner.
      Rhodiola rosea root extract found to improve mental focus, mental and physical performance.
      Amla fruit extract- In rats found to reduce blood glucose and food intake.
      Dandelion Root- Good natural diuretic which aids in shedding water, toxins and such.
      As well as Yohimbe, Capsimax and B vitamins for metabolism and energy.

Pretty solid blend in my opinion.

On to the effects
      I will have to say the diuretic effects were strong. I was guzzeling water. For the first 30 days I did also combine this with T7 so that made me extra thirsty but even without the T7 I noticed that. I ran it for about 3 months. I saw some great results especially combined with T7.
      Also found that it gave me a good focus/ stimulant boost different than most fat burners. Not as strong thermogenic effect as other fat burners but
      Dropped weight quickly. Definitely enjoyed the stimulant effect and weight loss.

Not the best priced fat burner. 39.99 on allstar for 3 weeks if you do 3 caps a day. If 2 caps a day is all you need then its a little better value. It is often at a BOGO 50% deal so you can find it a bit cheaper. Cheapest I have found it when you buy a bunch of it is 44 cents a cap at 80 for 180 caps. Which would put 60 caps for 26. Which is pretty good. In my opinion it is worth the extra money just hunt around for the best deal.

September 6, 2013

• Smooth
      • Decent Focus
        I know there are plenty of C4 reviews and plenty of good ones at that, but after using it for a while now I feel I owe it a review.

Taste-10-
        I have tried nearly all of them except orange and green apple. My favorite being the pineapple and blue raspberry. They all taste great. Easily the best tasting pre on the market. Honestly the taste in my opinion bumps up the overall.

Ingredients-7

Taste-10-

Ingredients-7
        Pro-The amount of caffeine is good per scoop, I like the addition of mucuna a lot and the synephrine (bitter Orange) gives it that extra kick that I never expected at first after reading the mg of caffeine per scoop. I like the amount of creatine nitrate per scoop. I feel its perfect because I find that 3g of creatine regardless of type is all I need to get good results. and being creatine nitrate it helps with pumps. Beta Alanine is decently dosed I find myself getting tingles which is the way I gauge its dose amount when part of blend.

Cons- this is what brings it down, that Arginine crap. It does nothing, and severly underdosed if it is suposed to provide that pump we want. If only it had 500mg of agmatine per scoop instead it would be golden. And those damn dyes.... Really cellucor??? That much?? I mean in the pink lemonade that *** is a light red. Real Pink lemonade was always like just faintly pink this stuff is super dark. And if you arent used to the dyes I would not recommend jumping in at 3 scoops or more. I took a break from C4 after using 30 servings and figured I would just hop right back on at 3-4 scoop or whatever and BAM stomach felt like *** felt sick to my bones.

Effectiveness- 7.5
        I have adjusted the way I take it. I used to take it by itself and then I added No3, and currently adding agmatine.
        By itself it worked pretty good. Like I said I was suprised by the kick it had. I jumped into it with like 2 scoops or so (it was a while ago I dont remember) and it gave me one of the strongest buzzed feeling in my head/ focus from the bitter orange. I remember thinking "shoot I never thought C4 would be this strong" Never noticed too much from pumps from plain ol C4 by itself but I was mid bulk and fat so I wouldnt really be able to notice a pump anyway.

The No3 is one of my favorite pump products, well used to be, Think I am arginine Nitrate tolerant now.. but anyway really enhances the C4 Pumps. My favorite combination being 1.8g agmapure added to C4. Greatest combination so far. Best thing is the C4 taste is strong enough to disguise the agmapure bitterness

Value- 7 I dont usually check out deals on C4 online but allstar has it 50-75 cents a scoop if you get the big one and 75 cents to 1 dollar a scoop for small one. Not the cheapest pre. But you get creatine nitrate which is like 70 cents for 3g. So at 3 scoops you get 3g of creatine nitrate plus stims, taste, beta alanine, and arginine for whatever thats worth for $1.5-$2.00. To me it is not that bad value.

Overall - 8-
        Great tasting, Strong, consistent preworkout.

July 27, 2013

Pros:
         Cons:
        • Strength Increase
        • Vascularity
        • Easy To Take
        • Over Hyped
        • Slightly Expensive
        I know I Know, I logged this 8 months ago or whatever but I wasnt sure on effectiveness so I really gave it some more time. You usplabs guys probably thought I would never write the review

I have used this product 3 times. Originally tested and logged on SR.

Also because of my log results took advantage of the IC deal along with several others and ended up with 8 bottles of this stuff or whatever. Never did quite get those results that I had from my original log. But I will touch on all that later.
        Just wanted to say I g...

I have used this product 3 times. Originally tested and logged on SR.

Just wanted to say I gave this product ample time.
        1 30 day cycle
        2 8-12 week cycles that were 4+ weeks apart

Dosing--------------------
        Very Simple 1 cap 30 minutes preworkout

Effectiveess---------------------
        This is where it gets weird. During the original Patented Anabolic Log I had some extreme results. Think I had about 20 lbs added to most of my lifts, PRs popping out frequently, very good focus and solid pumps and good vasodilation.
        But on my other runs I did not experience the same results. Dont get me wrong its not like it did nothing but I doubled the dosage and was taking 2 caps every day preworkout. I did this because I was hoping to get those original results back. And it worked that much better at 2 caps. I did not continue to gain strength like a madman but my strength was going up. Yet I was also taking other strength increasing supps like test boosters, etc. So it was not directly from the Versa. The focus also wasnt there all the time that was very inconsistent. Some times I was just in the zone to kill it and other times No difference. I did always notice an increase in vascularity. And it was like an all the time vascularity not only in gym. That is one thing I noticed faded right after finishing it.

Honestly if I gave it a review after the first bottle it would be like 8's or 9's across the board. but being How the other cycles were so inconsistent and not on par with first bottle I have to give it a 6.

Value----------------------------
        Value gets a 5, 30-40 a month unless you get a BOGO like the IC deal which is the only reason I chose to up the dosage. But being that I had to double the dosage to see some good results puts a huge damper on the value.

May 11, 2013

Pros:
         Cons:
        • No Nervous Feeling
        • Stim-free
        • Versatile
        • Needs To Be Stacked
        I logged this product for lecheek

This product is the first of its kind for me. I stacked it with OxyECA and X3 for a while.
        Worked with the OxyECA very well and probably would be fine with the X3 but the combo of all of them was a little much on the yohimbe swing of things at least at first.

I also stacked this with Compound 20 and Versa 1

Dosing was simple, 2 caps a day
        I logged this product for lecheek

I also stacked this with Compound 20 and Versa 1

Dosing was simple, 2 caps a day
        Took them on empty stomachs. 1 usually preworkout and the other after work around 9 which was nice cause it didnt mess up my sleep schedule cause I usually go to bed around 11-12.

Effectiveness-------7--------
        Between the OxyECA C20 Hyper T2 and dietting I noticed great results. Its hard rate as a supp as sometimes you didnt notice much. I do believe my metabolism was increased while taking it as I felt I would be ready to eat again after meals quicker than without it. And I also noticed a bit of a energy kick when I took it at night. I did lose 20 lbs in 2 months/10 lbs a month while on this stack.

It really complimented the OxyECA but by itself it would be a weak catalyst for fat loss.

Value-----------6--------------
        You can pick this up for around 20-25 dollars online which is pretty good for 1.5 months but considering you have to stack it to see the best results that takes away some of the value. But if you dislike stims or simply must avoid them this product would be a great choice.

April 20, 2013

Pros:
         Cons:
        • Relaxed
        • Well Balanced Sleep Aid Ingredients
        • Effective For Putting You Out
        • Deep Rem Sleep
        • Sensacool Flavor Technology Is Not For Everyone
        • Tired/drowsy In The Morning
        • Poop Was Blue
        I have gone through 2 tubs of this and currently working on a 3rd.

Taste- 6

I have had the midnight grape twice and loved it. Now the blue raspberry dreams or whatever is not as good tasting. The mintyness does not go very well with the blue raspberry.

Profile- 7
        Good profile here, fairly extensive for a sleep aid. It has the ZMA blend, GABA, Mucuna, and theanine which are usually used individually as sleep aid supplements. Then you also have some aminos Arginine, Orthinine, Phenylalanine and even some HICA these all help with recovery.
        Now everything above is very nice but th...
        I have gone through 2 tubs of this and currently working on a 3rd.

Taste- 6

Profile- 7
        Now everything above is very nice but the thing that tacked it down a score for me was the dyes. I mean after drinking the midnight grape I was pooping blue/green playdoh poop for days even if I had stopped taken it. That is just too much, I mean does the drink really need to be that purple??? This only had happened on the grape flavor.

Effectiveness- 8
        Worked very well, I slept fantastically. Nice deep sleep with those weird dreams even caused me to sleep talk on a few occasions that I have been told.
        However getting up was very hard. No matter how great of a nights rest I felt I had gotten I always wanted to go back to sleep. This may sound weird but even if I woke up like ready to go I still wanted to go back to bed. Too drowsy. So I messed with the serving size, used half a scoop or 3/4 a scoop and that helped a bit.
        I did also notice that 30-40 minutes after drinking I would start to get a little sleepy.
        As for the recovery part I cant say much I mean I may have noticed some recovery improvement but I take aminos and other supplements that help with recovery and generally my recovery is pretty good and not every workout gets me sore. You could attribute some of that to this.
        But as a sleep aide it definitely helps you get a better nights rest.

Value-8
        I think the value is pretty good. It has definitely gotten better, It used to be a bit more but on allstar its 32.99 for 30 servings. Whereas my other favorite sleep aid, PowerFULL is 29.99 for 30 servings and I think this one works very well so for that price its good.

Overall-8-
        Very well put together profile that works almost too well for a pretty decent price.