Mooselini

• Member has been active for 6 years, and was last online 3 years ago
TROPHY CASE

Reviews by Mooselini

Overall
Thanks to Recor for sending it out!
  April 10, 2016

Pros:
 Cons:
  • Stim Free
  • Good Pumps With High Volume Training
  • Reduced Fatigue
  • Underdosed Ingredients
  • Needs More Servings In Tub
  • Dyes
This stuff tastes like straight candy

I am just getting back into reviewing these products and this was first up to review. I don't normally take too many pump products or non-stimulants for that matter but this one definitely peaked my interest because of the inclusion of all the great ingredients. Yes they are in a proprietary blend and the doses on the citrulline malate are kind of low but it was effective every time I took this. On to the review:

This stuff tastes like straight candy

Taste: 9

Awesome one of the best I have taken. I had the Blue Raspberry flavor and it tastes like candy. I dislike the dye that is included but man that taste makes it. Great flavor

Effectiveness: 8

Worked great every time I took this. The pump was awesome. Not the best I ever had but great nonetheless. I noticed my endurance was really boosted as well, which is great because I have been doing a lot more crossfit workouts and need all the endurance I can get lol. I would utilize this more for endurance and hit training activities.

Price: 7
Not the greatest price pretty expensive, but the pump was great. Now I'm not saying go out and buy this right now but if you have the opportunity and see it on sale give it a try. You may have to double up on scoops to see the best benefit from this but give it a try if given t he chance.

Overall:8

I would try this again if the price were right. The taste makes me want to keep drinking this everyday! It would be cool if there were more servings in this as well or if they made 2 different sizes of servings just so people can try the cheaper version then if they like it buy the larger version. Overall O would give this a chance and you won't be disappointed!

6.2
Thanks to Recor for sending it out!
  January 31, 2016

Pros:
 Cons:
  • Increased Recovery
  • Mixes Well
  • Good Intra
  • Tastes Delicious
  • Electrolytes Included
  • Kind Of Expensive
Pretty good amino product that tastes great. I strictly used this before cardio and also intra-workout and it proved to be a good run. So when looking gat this you have your standard amino acid product with the addition of Glutamine and an electrolyte blend. Along with the fact that you get 60 servings, this was a winner in my book.

Taste: 9

I had the island breeze flavor and it was very refreshing. The powder mixed fairly well and I didn't notice any clumps. The island breeze flavor to me tasted like a capri sun flavor (the good ole days lol) Overall on taste though I thoroughly enjoyed ...

Taste: 9

I had the island breeze flavor and it was very refreshing. The powder mixed fairly well and I didn't notice any clumps. The island breeze flavor to me tasted like a capri sun flavor (the good ole days lol) Overall on taste though I thoroughly enjoyed it.

Effectiveness: 8

Its always tough to rate an amino product in terms of effectiveness so the way I have rated this was on 3 main scales, recovery, hydration, and endurance. So with recovery, I did notice I was less sore if I drank this intra workout and would recover much faster between sets. My muscles were also less sore the next day and I knew if I was going to work chest or legs twice that week that I would be recovered enough to work that muscle group again. Next for hydration again this worked well. I noticed that I was not as thirsty and it kept me refreshed during the workouts, no cottonmouth. The electrolyte blend did work very well and it would be awesome if other companies included this in their amino products.

Finally, with endurance, I noticed if I did a cross fit based workout or a workout where I would have 100's of sets I would be able to go all out and not get tired immediately. That to me shows just how much of a factor this helps with endurance. This would be a perfect amino to incorporate into any workout where you would need to go all out for a short period of time. This also helped my strength between sets and I would not feel as tired when benching my max or squatting my max. So this was very effective!

Cost: 6-7

Fairly expensive product but when you do try it you will not be disappointed, so the price is really one of the only drawbacks. On reaction nutrition's site this is offered for $45 which is a pretty penny to pay for an amino product, but searching around I can find this in the $30-$35 range which is a decent price. I would say try and get a sample of this before plunking down that much. With cost it does hinder the overall rating, however at 60 servings it does help a little.

Overall: 8

Pretty good amino supplement and I like everything that they included in here. Maybe add in the exact dose of each amino would help with the rating and lowering the price a little. I hate proprietary blends and most people on this site hate them as well. The electrolyte blend is an awesome thing to have in an amino product when hydration is key during a workout. Overall an enjoyable run and a good amino from Reaction Nutrition.

Overall
Thanks to Sci Labs Nutrition for sending it out!
  December 13, 2015

Pros:
 Cons:
  • Gluten Free
  • Lactose Free
  • Made From Grass Fed Cows
  • No Amino Spiking
  • High Percent Protein
  • Taste
Damn the protein market is oversaturated! I remember when the best protein out was ON Gold Standard, now you look and every company has their own protein and they all try to one up each with their standards (GMP Certified, FDA Inspected). To be honest, I love this change, we don't need the influx of crappy Chinese products; when you pay you want the quality. With Isofuzion GF the quality is definitely there and I really like the fact that it comes from a grass-fed source and that it is an isolate. Some drawbacks were it didn't mix well at all there was always chunks that refused to mix, and the taste left something to be desired.

Taste:6

I had the vanilla and for the most part, I like vanilla protein, and I probably would have liked this one but when you go to drink something and it didn't mix, it ends up tasting like crap! So Sci Laps you need to make sure that the batch of vanilla mixes before shipping.

Value:6

Now this is pretty pricey for 28 servings (Why not 30?) at $45, but I understand with quality comes price. So if your protein is pretty cheap be wary of amino spiking. I would much rather pay more for my protein and get a full dose versus getting only half the amount yet save a few bucks. I could see many people using this exclusively as a post workout and only using this once a day because of the price and quality. Personally I stick with a 5lb tub of MuscleFeast and use it whenever because I know I am getting 75 servings. So as for value maybe if SciLabs had a 4lb or 5lb tub at $10 more but same quality, you could see many more people purchasing this.

Effectiveness:?

Really tough to judge this when dealing with protein. I will say that it did help with recovery after a workout and it did help me to hit my protein needs. As for gaining weight or anything of the old Muscletech related lol (354% gain in strength) there was none of that. So I will say that it was effective and I knew what it said on the label was what I got, so that was the best part. So it has the quality it just needs more quantity.

Overall:8

Check this out if you are looking for a solid isolate with know amino spiking. Make sure to buy Chocolate so you won't have to deal with mixing issues. I enjoyed this but to me it is more classified as a luxury protein and one with higher quality than most. So at the end of the day not all protein is created equal, and with Iso Fuzion GF most of the boxes are checked with pros, it's just some of the cons I listed that need to be addressed.

Moose Out.

Overall
Overall
2.0
2.0
Thanks to PNP Supplements for sending it out!
  November 3, 2015

Pros:
 Cons:
  • Fenugreek Helps Mothers Increase Milk Production So Theres That
  • Tastes Awful
  • Subpar Results
On paper, this carb product looks to be a winner but everything is not what it seems. Tried using this a multitude of ways but was unable to get any real benefit out of it. The taste was terrible and recovery was ok. I have used karbolyn in the past and have had great experiences with it, strange that this didn't work for me.

The pixie dust fillers really made me have an upset stomach and it was tough to even drink this. For the most part, I drink all of my amino products intra, with the exception of this. The taste was so bad I ended up having to throw 2 cyrstal light packets in my gallon jug every time I used this. The smell even made me nauseated (fenugreek).

I do like the fact that everything is GMP certified and gluten free along with no artificial colors

Effectiveness: 4

Sorry PNP but it just didn't work. I didn't get the results I was looking for and really feel that you should just leave the Karbolyn alone and not mix anything with it. I never took this post workout, but I'm sure I would have had the same results. I couldn't imagine mixing this with my protein (gross). On the other hand, I have used Karbolic before and mix that with my protein and it tastes great, take note PNP.

Value: 2

$53 yes that's the price, lol Way to expensive for 20 servings

Taste: 2

It's supposed to have some sort of fruit flavor, well when you add fenugreek to literally anything it's going to taste like fenugreek. You guys need to taste test these if you want people to consistently buy your products. If it tastes like candy you will have repeat customers if it tastes like fenugreek good luck.

Overall: 2

I was looking forward to trying this and only left disappointed. If the flavor was improved and the formula tweaked and the price lowered I might be more inclined to but this, but really that's 3 strikes PNP your out. One final piece of advice and this goes for all companies not just PNP. When you are releasing a new supplement definently go through a trial and error process before you release the final product. For instance, if you had caught the taste aspect and tweaked it before production it would have impacted the final score and I probably would have enjoyed it. It goes beyond taste though. Look at the studies of the clinical doses and you will notice that none of the carnitine, citruline etc are the correct scientific dose. I mean you could take out a few things and then put the correct dose in and it would have been much better.

So in conclusion I like the new innovations in the supplement industry and some of the new products, but it seems to me companies are cutting corners now just for an extra buck and we the consumer are the ones that suffer. Do the research, put in the effort, turn over the profit, create repeat customers then you have a winner.

Overall
Thanks to 5% Nutrition for sending it out!
  October 7, 2015

• Solid Profile.
  • Helps Meet Macro Goals
  • Better Scooper
  • Oats Sink To Bottom
Real Food is actually "REAL FOOD" lol unlike most supplements that put stuff like this on their label; Real Food lives up to its name. Probably about as simple as you can get in terms of carbohydrates but the purpose of these carbs is to help shuttle nutrients in if you want post workout, or could be added with protein and create a killer meal replacement or mass gainer. Real food contains pounded Yam as well as Sweet potatoes two great carb sources and ones that make it easier to reach your fitness goals versus dextrose, which is table sugar. They also throw in some oats that are another staple carb in any bodybuilder/power lifter diet.

Effectiveness: 9

This is as effective as it gets because your body can utilize everything that comes from this. It shouldn't even be classified as a supplement and it would be awesome if you could pick this up at the grocery store. I would normally take two shovels full after a workout mixed with about 30-40g protein. This kept me full and satisfied for a good 2 hours or so. Most of the time I would eat within the first hour but sometimes the day would drag on at work and I would be unable to get a meal in. Real Food helped me to be without food just that much longer.

An interesting note, if I took this with protein in the morning instead of my eggs and oatmeal (standard), it would leave me with an upset stomach and I would be hungry within an hour(I can normally go 2-3 hours without another meal on my standard breakfast). The only thing I can think of is obviously this is not as dense as a cup of cooked oatmeal so it's not going to fill up your stomach as much. The other reason I could have had a bad reaction is the sucralose which most of the time does not sit well with me. Whatever the reason if I kept this post workout only I was fine and full. I forget to try and physically cook the Real Food and see if it tasted ok going through the microwave, but it might be a good experiment for someone to try out (Great macros as well).

I would say maybe take the sucralose out and make an unflavored version, although I loved the sweet potato pie flavor. With an unflavored version you can mix it with anything and it probably won't give any stomach discomfort. I'm going to invest in some Sweet Potato powder from True Nutrition and see if I get the same benefits as I saw from Real Food just without the artificial flavors.

Taste: 9

Like I said before the sweet potato pie flavor was great. It tasted like it had a ton of sugar in it but that was not the case, sweet potatoes and yams do just taste that good (sucralose helps). I would like to see what other flavors they will come up with next; they should all taste fairly good.

Value: 7

Pretty good value at 60 servings that will last you longer than 60 days because half the time the scoop is not as accurate. However I did see this available in the mid to lower $30's on illpumpyouup.com, it now has increased to $41 which is getting up their in price. For the amount you get and the great carb sources and taste, I will say the value is still pretty good.

Overall: 8

A great product that shouldn't have many negatives, unless you don't like oatmeal or sweet potatoes. This should be a staple in any diet along with actual sweet potatoes and oatmeal. You can't go wrong taking this, and even if you are cutting you could fit this in your diet. 5% has a real winner here.

Thanks to Astromic Nutrition for sending it out!
  September 8, 2015

Pros:
 Cons:
  • Solid Research Backed Ingredients
  • Focus
  • Effective Yet Stim Free
  • Slightly Expensive
  • Difficult To Scoop (At The Bottom)
  • Lethargic Feeling
  • Needs More Flavors
One of if not the best non-stim pre-workout I have taken. Big shout out to AstromicJosh for not only sending this out but also taking an active participation in this site, its nice to see a rep out on the front lines for his product. Anyway, DNO was a great product and I love the fact that all the ingredients are sourced in the U.S. and not china. For this pre workout to work you have to give up caffeine (no easy feat) but if you give it a chance and put on some good tunes your workouts will not suffer and you will get some great endurance.

Effectiveness: 7

This product worked no doubt ...

Effectiveness: 7

This product worked no doubt about it. I was able to have very good workouts with decent focus (not caffeine focus but good). The ingredients for this are where it shines. With regards to most of the label, you get the scientific recommended dose without any unnecessary fillers. With the Pikatropin, I was definitely more focused and I could see this shining as a study aid as well as a workout aid. I mixed in a little bit of arginine akg and the pumps were incredible. In fact, a couple time the pump was almost painful and the vascularity was crazy. I normally don't respond that well to citrulline malate, but this was the exception. For being a non-stim this did give me good energy but not crazy. In the future maybe add in a little more focus ingredients or non-stim energy products may help this. Strength also remained steady on this and I didn't have any drop offs.

Taste: 5

Starting out the taste was great, then it dropped off and I started to hate the taste. It helps if you mix it with a full water bottle or 16oz of water, but any less and the taste suffers. I'm looking forward to any other flavors that are on the horizon.

Value: 5 at current price if lowered to a Tier 1 range 8

I look at this as a non-stim version of my favorite pre workout Tier 1. Tier 1's price normally always stays around $30 for 30 true servings. DNO is $44 for 20, which is a fairly steep price. However the ingredients are expensive and I understand that you want to turn a profit, but in the end the consumer will probably want 10 more servings for that price or a decent price reduction. Not a deal killer though.

Overall: 7.5

Like I said before if you need a good non-stim you cannot go wrong with this. From label transparency to fully dosed ingredients this has most of what you will want. With the minor problem of the price and maybe more flavors, you are looking at a winner in the non-stim category. I'm sure Josh will take into account all of these reviews and make some changes, which imo is the best ways companies succeed in today's marketplace. In conclusion, I will use this again in the future and I'm looking forward to more products from Astromic Nutrition.

3.0
Thanks to Magnum Nutraceuticals for sending it out!
  August 17, 2015

• Deep Sleep
  • Lots Of Pills
  • Donald Trump Could Afford
I had heard about and seen Magnum products around for a while, I just never got around to trying them. I knew that they were a Canadian company and that Mike O' Hearn is sponsored by them. When I put in to log this product I looked over the ingredient list first and did not think much about it. It did however, elevate my expectations by working as well as any testosterone product I have used in the past. When I say worked as well, I mean the effects were noticeable, not steroid like. However, there were some major drawbacks that I will go into detail on in my review.

I...

Effectiveness: 8

In terms of effectiveness, it worked. I was more aggressive in the gym and I put on about 3 pounds (solid muscle not fat). The main thing I did notice was I was a lot hungrier all the time and I would get pissed off very easily. I was also able to sleep much better throughout the night and when I would wake up I did not have any hangover effects or any ill side effects. On occasion, it did upset my stomach, but the cause of this was that I had not eaten a meal prior to taking this. Strength was also increased slightly while taking this. One thing that stood out for me is all the strict testing that is listed on the back of the box. Since this company is in Canada, the laws and regulations are much stricter. Rigorous testing has to be done on all consumer products before being made available to the public. The FDA in comparison is kind of a joke. Magnum as well went a step further and lists a clinical study on the bottle. Funny thing about the study is that most of the percent's or weight gained is attainable, unlike MuscleTech ridiculous claims. Overall though this was more effective than I thought it was going to be, and so it exceeded my expectations.

Price: OUCH

$67 on BB.com and $52 on Amazon, Damn. You know there was a point when I was just starting to lift where I would have paid this price and not looked back. Well now with bills and other expenses I cannot justify paying this price for 20 days. I can go on Amazon right now and buy D-pol for $22 and I know what gains I will make and I will pay half the price for a full months supply. Supplements in general, are getting more expensive and it is starting to hurt the consumer because we are not as willing anymore to fork over the cash. I understand that with a premium product comes a premium price and you will probably profit because Mike O' Hearn is on the bottle (I think he uses other things), but at the end of the day its going to be tough to get many repeat customers.

Overall: 6

It did work well for me, but the price is way too much. Even making the bottle last for 30+ days would make it a better buy; at 20 days it's just not feasible. I like everything that Magnum did in testing and performing trials before releasing this; they just need to get the price fixed. Also lowering the amount of pills you have to take everyday may help the consumer out. In conclusion, Magnum Thrust does work, just not well enough to pay that price for that number of servings.

Overall
Thanks to Syntrax for sending it out!
  August 9, 2015

• Sits Well In Your Stomach
  • Sucralose
A great protein that agreed with my stomach through the whole container. After having my gallbladder removed, I cannot take in as much protein supplements anymore that I used to. They simply don't agree with me and I have found that the only time I can take them is right after a workout. Even proteins that are super pure (MTS, Optimum) don't sit well with me if I was to take them in the morning or any other time instead of only after a workout. Matrix changed that for me. I was able to take this protein on some days when I wanted to get extra protein in, now I wasn't able to take this everyday again it would have upset my stomach if I did. Overall though throughout the tub I didn't have any discomfort and I thoroughly enjoyed it.

Effectiveness: 9

I have taken Syntrax nectar in the past and went through about 4 tubs before I switched to something else. Lately, I have been mixing New Zealand whey and American milk protein through true nutrition and honestly I have had some of the best gains in the past year than any other protein I have used in the past. When Syntrax came on SR asking for a review I decided that I liked their protein enough in the past to jump at this opportunity, and I was not let down one bit. Now I won't say it matched the exact mix I get with True Nutrition, it did however, prove to be a worthy adversary in recovery and taste. One of the reasons I think this sat so well is because Syntrax makes their products to be used by Bariatric patients meaning easily used by people having stomach issues. After a workout, I would normally take 1-2 scoops and then wait 1hr and eat. I could tell that my body utilized everything from this protein. I did not have any gas or discomfort and the recovery was great. The consistency was much different from Nectar and that's because this is a blend of different proteins while Nectar is mainly Isolate. Blended proteins, in general, provide me much greater recovery and muscle benefits than Isolate. I know that may sound strange buy everyone's body is different. So as for effectiveness I will say it was pretty effective and Syntrax definitely did their homework in preparing to give this to any consumer from athlete to a patient recovering in the hospital. Companies are now starting to do their homework and protein is not all created equal. So my big brands I stick with now are True Nutrition, Optimum, MTS, and Syntrax. Using from companies that are known to be pure and tested will give you more benefits and definitely more bang for your buck.

Taste: 9

I had the Perfect chocolate flavor and it was one of the best chocolate flavors I have tried. Very enjoyable and not overpowering. It also mixed well.

Price: 9

I had the 2lb tub, but let's be honest most people buy the 5lb tub to save money. So the big tub will run you in the high $30-$45. Which IMO is a great deal for the quality, 65 servings for $42 is awesome. I pay about $10 more for the True Nutrition protein I have been sticking with, but this has peaked my interest. Now I'm not switching anytime soon but it is good to know I have a great alternative waiting in the wing. Good value.

Overall: 9

This really surprised me. I was expecting not to have as good recovery and having some stomach discomfort, none of which I got. I still don't like the use sucralose, and I have slowly switched to stevia, but this didn't make me sick or anything. The blend is not all isolate, but it delivered in the recovery and muscle gain department. Syntrax now has made me think twice about all the proteins on the market and if they are pure or not. Not all GMP certified mean that everything is pure, to me it's now a farce that all companies say this. Yes, it's a good thing, but the only true test is how it reacts with your body. I have taken supplements in the past that have said FDA inspected and GMP certified and they made me sick as a dog. So in conclusion this is pure and it works well. Moose out.

Overall
Thanks to Muscle Elements for sending it out!
  July 27, 2015

Pros:
 Cons:
  • Appetite Suppressant
  • Fat Loss
  • Sweat More
  • Nothing Insane
  • Sweat Through A Business Meeting
One of the better fat burners that I have used. Although it contained Yohimbine (which normally doesn't agree with me) I was able to take a full bottle and see just how effective it was. It provided a good amount of energy but nothing mind-blowing. To me, it was more of gradual energy such as coffee or amino energy. The best fat burner I have tried was alphamine and this came nowhere close to touching that. It was however, an enjoyable experience and Ill lay out why below:

Effectiveness: 7

After using this, I was able to shed a few pounds while trimming up in the midsection. The way would take this is pre workout with maybe another pill dosed later in the day. Since I workout first thing in the morning I would take this and head to the gym. I really noticed that I started to sweat a lot more and my appetite seemed to subside once I popped one of these. I didn't really notice the nootropic, but that could be because I have been taking nootropics for a long time. I would compare 212 to Super HD in both energy and fat loss. To me, this is a better cheaper alternative. I felt good clean energy on this and not super hyped up (oxyelite). One thing that could be related to the nootropic blend is that it left me in a good mood for the rest of the day. So for effectiveness this will get a 7 as it was pretty effective just not the most effective.

Price: 7

I found this ranges from$29-$35 which is about the normal range for fat burners. Once you start to get up in the mid $30 range that's when you are really pushing it with consumers. At the price it's at now it is worth a try.

Taste N/A
They make a powder version as well, which is something to weigh when you are looking to buy this. Powders affect me differently than pills.

Overall: 7

Good not great. Something's could be improved on but if I listed everything that could be improved it wouldn't be a fat burner anymore it would be a pre workout. So for your basic fat burning needs I would say give this a shot. It's not going to give you a crazy amount of energy, but it will make you sweat a ton and will also suppress your appetite. In conclusion, I would say Muscle Elements did a good job with their first go around in the fat burner dept.

2.0
Thanks to Muscle Elements for sending it out!
  June 24, 2015

Pros:
 Cons:
  • Good Protein Sources
  • Taste Horrible
  • Makes You Have The Hershey Squirts
This was one of the worst tasting supplements I have ever tried, with that being said the profile is great and I love the source of protein they use. Also, I like the fact that everything is from a natural source and they list the exact percentages of protein in the product. One other main thing I would like to point out is I like that they use 4 different types of protein. As for the review of my personal experience, this was not good.

Effectiveness: 2

Effectiveness: 2

Really would have been more effective had I been able to drink it lol. I tried many different methods to take this and all of them fell short. Most of the time ,if I was able to choke it down, it would upset my stomach. Maybe I got a bad batch, as if you look at other reviews of this online they will all be stellar, for me I was not one of those reviewers. Now most people dont care about the taste of a supplement and normally I would be right there with you however when it comes to something that you take every day I would want it to taste good enough to be able to drink. My thinking is that because of the inclusion of the probiotic and it being a naturally sweetened protein this could have been the main factor in making me sick. So sorry to say but this was not effective, due to the constant upset stomach and bathroom trips. I may have to try out the chocolate flavor because I have seen great reviews on that flavor, as for vanilla stay away!!

Taste: 1

Bad taste and upset stomach do not go well together.

Price: 5

Pretty pricey, at most sites I have found this to run in the $40-$45 for the 24 serving bag. Now when you factor in the good protein sources you are getting I can see why they would price it at that. However, with bigger companies like Optimum and MTS you can get a 5lb tub for much cheaper and still get a good quality protein.

Overall: 5

Really tough to rate something that on paper looks to be a great product and something that would work really well, but once you get to try it, it just doesnt live up to the hype. Like I said before I will try out the chocolate to see if I have the same issue. Also, I would like to say I have used Muscle Elements pre workout and had great results with that and no stomach issues. So I probably am 1 case out of very few where this will happen. In conclusion, I won't be drinking any vanilla protein for a long time.