Meuth

• Member has been active for 7 years, and was last online 3 months ago

TROPHY CASE

Reviews by Meuth

Overall
Thanks to NutraBio for sending it out!
  June 19, 2017

Pros:
 Cons:
  • Simple Product
  • Reduces Muscle Soreness
  • Right Ratio Of Aminos
  • No Dyes
  • No Prop Blends
  • Light Taste
NutraBio has come into the supplement industry with a much welcome business model. They are transparent and not trying to fill the container with unproven ingredients. Thank you for sending me a tub of 5000 to give a shot!

Taste 8.5/10

Taste 8.5/10

I received the grape flavor. I'm getting tired of the same flavors all the time and grape seems to be making a comeback so I went with that. The grape is a little weak but it's not a bad flavor at all. I didn't notice a chalky taste but I mix a couple of heaping scoops in a gallon of water too. No issues here although I would like a little more flavor. For reference: I did take my first serving in just a shaker cup so it wouldn't be so diluted. I could tell the flavor was stronger but still not overpowering.

It mixes about like any amino. It's a little grainy if you start to drink it immediately after shaking it. You just need to let it sit there and shake it a few more times. That's a common issue with BCAA but this seems to be a finer type powder that does mix quicker.

Profile 9/10

What can you say here? It's not targeted for endurance or energy. It's good plain BCAAs. With 2.5 grams of L-Leucine, 1.25 grams of L-Isoleucine, and 1.25 grams of L-Valine, you get the 2:1:1 ratio that is popular and basic. If you're taking BCAAs regularly, then you know the benefits to them and how they react with your body. Some people like the higher ratio but I feel that this one fits the bulk of people and their needs.

Effectiveness 8.5/10

I did take my 2 servings a day for the most part. I have a gallon growler that I take with me everywhere. I fill it up twice a day while at work and used this once at work and then again when I filled it up at the gym.

I wasn't expecting anything other than extra BCAAs in my diet with this since that's all it has listed. I am a firm believer that BCAAs while you train will give you endurance without added carbs/energy. This was on par with that feeling for me. I could stay active in the gym just like I can on any other BCAA.

From a DOMs standpoint, I experienced very little DOMs while using this. That is normal for me when I'm drinking 1.5 gallons of water a day with at least 2 servings of BCAA.

Value 8.5/10

For around $27 you can get 63 servings. That's a pretty good deal. They suggest you take 2 servings a day. Is that really necessary? No. I have done that for a long time to keep this old body of mine in a repair state however. You can go with just one scoop a day to get a shade over 2 months which is a great deal really.

Overall 8.5/10

Here is a product that contains exactly what you expect and performs exactly as it should. There are no mystery ingredients that you must research so see why they would put it in here. I suggest that if you plan on trying this, understand the difference between what to expect from straight BCAAs and intras with added carbs/energy.

One other note of interest to me. The scooper was awesome. The tub has a smaller diameter than most tubs but it is also taller than most. The scooper has a welcome long handle for reaching down in the bottom and not having to stick your whole hand down in it. I'm keeping the scooper for future use.

Thanks to Outbreak Nutrition for sending it out!
  May 25, 2017

Pros:
 Cons:
  • Great Pump
  • No Proprietary Blends
  • Solid Pumps
  • Endurance
  • Clumpy When Opened
  • Needed 2 Scoops
Outbreak's Serum is a new pump product that apparently that the post-apocalyptic world needs (according their website). So will this product give you the pump and endurance you need to make it through such a harrowing experience? Let's find out.

Taste 8/10

Taste 8/10

I went with grape because I'm trying to get away from the blue-razz selections I normally do. This taste was pretty good actually. It wasn't overpowering like a medicine but wasn't weak like watered down Kool-Aid. I would say it was just right really. Now I only took it by itself a couple of times to check the taste and the rest of the container was consumed with my pre.

Another note is how the product was so clumped together when I opened it the first time. See the picture? Huge clumps in the top. Must have been the extreme heat from the apocalypse.

Profile 8/10

When I look at the profile, all the main players are there for the most part.

With 2g of Taurine for blood flow, this is a good amount. I like to supplement taurine everyday anyway because it keeps me from getting back pumps. The increased blood flow makes sense for it to show up here.

They Hyrdromax at 1g is a good middle of the road point for this patented glycerol. We should see more increased blood flow along with wet pumps from this. (DO NOT google hydromax without putting supplements after the word)

AgmassTM is a form of agmatine sulfate that is supposed to have higher purity. 750mg is a good amount of this as some people like to see the full gram. It appears this is a change in the formula as it used to just be 500mg according to some of the reviews. This is a good change to up this.

NitrosigineTM has some scientific studies that show it does increase the amount of NO in the body while improving blood flow. The study seems to be done using at least 750mg and this is close with 650mg included.

A fully disclosed label is always appreciated and gets bonus points! Thank you!

Effectiveness 7.5/10

If I was grading this on just one scoop, I'd be more around a 6.5 to be honest. I didn't notice much of a change with this at 1 scoop. I could tell just a little difference in my pump and my vascularity.

Where I could really see a difference was in the 2 scoop range. That seemed to be my sweet spot. When I coupled this with their preworkout, I had some pretty swole pumps. My muscles looked much fuller and rounded with a wet looking pump.

Endurance was improved with this product too. I could definitely tell that my workouts lasted a little longer before I would fatigue. In fact, I could usually get an extra accessory set in at the end with an all-out burnout set. This also made the locker room walk pump even better.

Value 6/10

Ok, this is going to run you $35 unless you find it on sale. This is a pump product that can be used as a non-stimulant preworkout if you would like to try it. But with only 28 servings, $1.25 seems high per serving. Now for me, using 2 scoops, $2.50 was too high for sure.

Overall 7/10

I was torn with this overall rating. If I could have got the expected/desired results with just one scoop, this would be a borderline 8. This is my review and my experience and I had to use 2 scoops so I have to go with barely a 7. I think this product is good and it does work but I'm not sure what needs to be increased to get the results where I would like to see them.

I'm on the wall with this one. If you want to give it a shot, go for it. I feel it will work but try 1 scoop first. There are products in this category that I have found I like better and are more cost effective for me. Thank you for the opportunity to use and review this product.

Overall
Thanks to Divided Labs for sending it out!
  April 25, 2017

Pros:
 Cons:
  • Consistently Effective
  • Full Focus
  • Strong Endurance
  • Taste Good
  • Transparent Label
  • 2 Scoops Necessary
  • Not Many Servings
Thank you to Divided Labs for sending me some blue raspberry Previde to use during my training. Thank you for being a part of this community.

Taste: 8/10

The taste of the blue raspberry is a little light. That is fine by me because I would prefer to not have an overpowering taste that sticks with me throughout my training. It's a good flavor and not tart at all. I enjoyed using this as a preworkout. I did normally use the 2 scoop serving size so the flavor was more noticeable compared to those that would use just the 1 scoop.

Mixing was not an issue. Mixed just fine with minimal f...

Taste: 8/10

Mixing was not an issue. Mixed just fine with minimal floaties and residue.

Profile 8.5-10

Fully disclosed is something I'm sure you're going to hear on everyone's review of this product. As a long time lifter, I have grown accustomed to the blends but always want to give respect to the companies that break the mold and let you know exactly what you're putting into your body.

So if you want a full list of the profile with a good description, please click on the "MFR's Description" link on the left side of the page.

Some highlights for me: 350mg of caffeine (this is based on 2 scoops as everything will be). I look for a pre that hits above 300. I've been doing this too long and drink way too much caffeine in a day with my hectic schedule. I need at least 300 to give me any kind of boost.

Taurine at 2g is something I like to see. I feel that Taurine is underrated and forgotten. To me, I can tell when I supplement taurine, that I have more endurance and just a better overall well-being.

AlphaSize is a popular form of choline known for being a nootropic that helps with focus. Part of this focus is the connection between the mind and muscle for "learning". It is thought that taking this pre workout at 600mg will help improve strength output/gains. The problem is that at 2 scoops, there is only 300mg. Now, will this still help at 300? Sure. It's just the study I reviewed says 600. I don't see an issue with this personally.

L-Citrulline at 6g. This is the purer form of citrulline vs the normal Malate form we normally see. This is a good dose of this and not cutting corners at all. Good form Divided Labs.

HydroMax contains 65% glycerol. This is also a step up from glycerol monostearate which is reported to have 20-25%. Huge difference it the quality ingredient used here.

I have to say, this is an impressive list of ingredients. They didn't cut corners and get the cheap versions of some of these. Once again, these are just some of the highlights that popped out at me. For the full list, click to the left.

Effectiveness 8/10

The first time I used this, I just went straight for the 2 scoops. I knew I needed 300mg of caffeine minimum so no sense in messing around with it. Plus, they give you a breakdown of the ingredients for a 1 scoop vs a 2 scoop for the ones you have cyphering issues. That means they expect you to use 2 scoops if you're seasoned right? Haha

The energy I got from this product was good. I'm a strength trainer and always looking to add numbers to my total. This product gave me the energy I needed to make it through heavy deadlifts as well as high rep deadlifts. Those are the two workouts that drain my energy the quickest. I never had the jitters (I may have to take 4 scoops to get jitters at my tolerance level though). The energy never crashed on me even on the slow days where we may train for 2 hours.

I was surprised by the pump I would get off this. A lot of pres try to add pump to their product and skimp on too much. This ends up causing them to fall flat. Previde gave me a noticeable pump enhancement for sure. Was it the best pump I ever had? No. It was however, on the top end of what you can get from a product that is marketed more as an energy pre.

After about a week, I added a secondary pump product to this as a pre. I couldn't tell a difference between using the other pump product and just this pre. If I used the other product as a standalone, I could see a pump with it. That leads me to believe that Previde was all I needed for a pump. That being said, I did mix it with a more top end pump product once and thought my arms and chest were going to rip out of my skin.

The focus was improved from normal a little. I stay pretty focused on my training because the weights I train with are respectable for me at least. While using this product, I noticed that my rest time between sets went down. That was mainly due to the fact I was less likely to get distracted talking to someone. I'm very in tune with my body and how it feels when I get up to the heavier weights. This caused me to notice more changes while doing warmups too. It's hard to describe but I would feel things in my back earlier during deadlifts and make adjustments sooner. It was almost like some of the muscles that normally don't fire until top weights are hit were coming on during warmups too.

Value 7/10

To be honest, I was really thinking 6 here based on the 2 scoops. Then I thought about the fact that the ingredients weren't skimped on and there were actually the higher end profiles used on some of them. I have to bump it up for that.

I found this in the $27 range. $1.80 for the double scoop isn't crazy since I two scoop a lot of pres to get to the 300mg of caffeine. It will come in slightly below $1 for the one scoop.

Overall 8/10

Even with the value being questionable, I can't go lower than 8. I do prefer to use something that is already at 300mg caffeine with just one scoop but there aren't a ton of those products out there. Another concern of mine is, if you're just doing one scoop, is 25% of the AlphaSize enough to make it worth it? That's based on the 600mg study.

I liked this pre and I'll more than likely grab some again, especially if I can catch it on sale. It's a solid pre with a nice added pump and focus to compliment the energy. And to top it all off, the scooper has a long handle so you can reach the bottom of the container! I'm saving the scooper for future use so maybe that helps the value department too? haha

April 10, 2017

Pros:
 Cons:
  • DMAA
  • High Caffeine
  • Slight Aftertaste
I was in the market for a new preworkout a few months ago. I came across Blackstone Labs Dust EXTREME. They were really blowing up the fact they put the DMAA back in a pre. So color me interested. I took some time looking around to find the best price. I ordered me a tub of it and was ready to give it a shot.

Taste 9/10

I had the sour gummy bear. I'm telling you, it was pretty good. I was very skeptical but the other mango flavor didn't really sound that good to me. I think they nailed this one. There was a tad bit of chemical aftertaste but that doesn't bother me too bad.

Pro...

Profile 8.5/10

This is a high score but it's not like they really went cheap here on the ingredients.

The caffeine was 350mg. Seeing as most companies just put half that in a scoop, I was already liking what I was seeing.

Now for the important part, the 1,3 DMAA..75mg. Sadly, a lot of people don' t even know if that's a lot or not. So I'm sure all of us that have been doing this for any real length of time remember the pre that started this whole DMAA high stimulant thing. Those of us who remember that product will also remember within 2 weeks, we were taking 3 scoops of it. Well, for what is arguably the most popular pre of all time, guess how much DMAA it had per serving? 25mg is what is reported. So here we are at 3x (or 3 scoops for those of you bad at math) of the "best of all time" Can you feel that?

4g of Citrulline Malate in a 2:1 ratio. This indicates there is twice as much citrulline at malate acid. This is for endurance and 4g is about 2-4 low for this but it's not like endurance is what this product is advertising.

N-Acetyl-Tyrosinen 500mg for focus. This seems to be on the lower end of the scale but once again, a little focus with the energy this promises can go a long way.

The Beta-Alanine at 2.5g is pretty standard. I didn't feel it but I rarely do anyway. Just because you don't feel it, doesn't mean it isn't helping.
2-Amino-5-Methylheptane (500mg) is supposed to be the next DMAA. I have personally never been that impressed with this and think it's all smoke and mirrors. It's in here so it's on the label. If you like it, good for you.

Hordenine another stimulant that is bitter orange related. There's not a lot of info out there on it as it hasn't been studied that much. One very strange reading I found was a connection between this and false morphine drug tests. Supposedly it has to be high doses for the test to pop but that was interesting.

Higenamine (75mg) This is known to dilate the bronchial tubes similar to Ephedrine and a beta 2 agonist. It should help in the uptake of the stimulants.

Noopept as a nootropic to help with moods.

Huperzine-A was some interesting reading. I don't take mood enhancers so this was new to me. It is said to stop an enzyme from breaking down acetylcholine which results in increases in acetylcholine. Acetylcholine is used for muscle contractions. This is all pretty interesting but I couldn't pronounce any of it if my life depended on it. This has 300mcg which is on the high end.

At one time, this has Arcofuel in it I think. My tub did not. This has been reported to be like nicotine and potentially cancer causing. Just throwing that out there but to note again..my tub did not have this so they must have pulled it out after the priceplow report on the ingredient.

This profile could have been a 9 without the extra stuff in there that is not researched, or it could have been an 8 had it not worked that well. Of course effectiveness does factor into the profile so I hit the middle.

Effectiveness 8.7/10

Speaking of effectiveness, this stuff worked! I went with just one scoop based on the caffeine and DMAA. That was a good call on my part. I had a lot of energy the first time I trained on this. I generally train between 75-90 minutes depending on who is there and how much spotting/evaluating I have to do. This here took me throughout my workout every time and I had plenty of energy left at the end. Sometimes I'd throw some bro-workout in with arms just because I still had plenty of energy and nowhere to be.

I used one scoop throughout the tub. I was actually at a heaping scoop by mid tub but not ever 1.5 scoops. Even on the days I was really tired from lack of sleep or a bad day at work, one scoop got me through the workout.

I can't really say I had increased focus or pump but once again, this is about energy and not fluff.

Side effects were minimal. I didn't personally get the jitters but my caffeine intake per day would be an issue with a lot of people. If I trained too late, I may toss and turn in bed for about 30 minutes before I could fall asleep which is rare for me anymore. Normal bathroom visits before hitting the weights. For me, the side effects were not a big deal at all.

Value 7/10

I may be a little hard on this but it's commonly found in the $40 range. You can score some in the low $30s which is where I got mine at ($32). That's not too bad and the fact that I only had to use a heaping scoop so it was close to the 30 servings on the label, that was good.

Overall 8/10

This was a great pre. The taste was enjoyable and it delivered what it promisedenergy. If you need to have the bro-pump at the end of your workout, you're going to have to add a pump product in with it which does decrease the value.

My tub had issues with all the powder being clumped together when I first ordered it. This was a winter order so it wasn't heat related but still could have been moisture related. I haven't heard if this is an issue with other people so we will have to wait.

I personally wouldn't give more than $38 for this product. It's great to have the DMAA again (which may be going away again) and the high caffeine but most people don't need that. You can get a good pre in the $35 range.

I do recommend this and ordered another tub already to throw in my cabinet in case the FDA gets bored again.

Overall
Thanks to NorthBound Nutrition for sending it out!
  September 21, 2016

Pros:
 Cons:
  • Clinically Dosed
  • Decreased Soreness
  • Efficiently Dosed
  • Great Recovery
  • Improved Recovery
  • Reduced DOMS
  • Transparent Profile
  • Higher Cost Per Serving
Glad to have the opportunity to get a tub of NorthBound's Re-Peak. I have been thinking about going to using a post workout besides protein alone for a while but just hadn't. When I saw this posted, I had to give it a shot.

NorthBound currently carries 4 products that are all natural with fully disclosed labels. This is a fresh addition to the behind the curtain supplement industry for sure. I encourage you to check out their website sometime.

Taste 4/10

Taste 4/10
Lemon lime is the only flavor. While I do appreciate being all natural and realize that normally that leads to less than desirable taste, this is drinkable at best. The smell when you open the canister will smack you in the face. The taste itself is lower than the OG Gatorade that was lemon lime. It has a hint of that weak flavor but something in there really clashes with it.

On top of that, it mixes poorly. With the profile, you would expect that however. Normally a good swirl will keep it suspended enough to get it into your mouth. Extra water doesn't help either. Just gives you more to drink. I would suggest swirl it and chug as much as you can each time. I could get it down in 3 chugs.

Profile 8/10

As previously mention, fully disclosed. My favorite part about the profile is the 5g or glutamine. When I am really training hard, I love having extra glut in my supplements. I take it in straight power form too, but having an extra shot of it in the other things I'm taking is a huge bonus.

Also, when I'm taking creatine, I use more than the standard 5g. This has that amount in it so on top of what I take normally, this is a good addition. With creatine showing up in more and more supplements, we are all taking more than the standard 5g anyway more than likely. I like to keep mine up around 10-12.

Another plus for me was that it was dye free! I'm tired of thinking about what the blue and red dyes are doing to the inside of my body based on cleaning my shakers.

Checkout the ingredients link for the full profile.

Effectiveness 8/10

I personally drink a BCAA intra workout because I like the flavor of something besides just water. My DOMS only really occur on heavy (poundage or high reps) deadlift or squat days because of that. On those days however, I can say that I noticed I had less DOMS, especially in my hamstrings.

When I would do my high rep days is when I would notice the biggest difference is on the high rep days. Those are the days that would wear my hammies out more than any others. Stairs and sitting would become a challenge for about 2 days. Once I started taking this, I still had DOMs but they were nowhere near as bad. More of a comfort issue vs something I had to plan on every time I sat down or stood up.

Value 7/10

So you're looking at $34 for 20 servings. Yes, just 20 not 30. That is on the high end of a post workout, especially without protein. Now, there are quality ingredients in here and you get what you pay for. I think this is a high quality product that they don't put fluff in. Everything has a purpose and is backed by studies.

Overall. 7.8/10

This did work for me and I was able to get past the smell/taste. While I did see results with my recovery, I also found it too hard to drink a protein shake after this. Based on where my gym is and the travel time to get home, I usually like to get a protein shake in before I eat whole food too. For me it came down to the simple decision: This or protein. I prefer protein. There's no way this would mix with protein for me.

I'll say it again; this is a quality product with quality ingredients. If you are looking for a post along this line, give it a shot. You won't be disappointed. Thank you NorthBound.

Overall
Thanks to VPX for sending it out!
  July 27, 2016

Pros:
 Cons:
  • Good For Lifting
  • No Artificial Colors
  • Tastes Great
  • No Crash
  • Full Disclosure
  • No BS Fillers
  • Perfect Dosing
    I received a tub of Bang Master Blaster from the ER program here on SR. When I looked at the profile and I knew some of the quality people they had there, I had big expectations for this. So did it go out with a Bang? Read on.

Taste: 9.5

Taste: 9.5

I had the sour heads flavor and I must say, they nailed it. It's not like a war head that will pucker me up a little. It's a good smooth flavor that has just enough sourness to help make you want more. I found that I had to play with the amount of water because the 2nd time I used it, there wasn't enough water and it was almost a flat taste. As long as I kept the water about 1" from the top of the shaker, the flavor was a hit every time.

A small note is that a couple of times, I did detect a slight chemical aftertaste. Not sure why and it really was only 2 or 3 times. It wasn't bad just noticeable.

As far as mixing went, I never had any issues there at all. It mixed with no real grit and the foaming was minor.

Profile 8.8

Love the fully disclosed straight forward profile. I don't fault companies for hiding in blends too much but I will give extra point when someone puts it all on the line.

For the most part you have the usual suspects here but they are in a nice dosage.

7.5g of BCAA 2:2:1 I like to drink more BCAA when I'm working out because I get tired of so much straight water. It was nice to get even more in my pre for some extra endurance and recovery.

L-Citrulline Malate 6g for that pump.

Creatine Mono at the magic 5g

Betaine Anhydrous 2.5g AKA Creatine's BFF

Beta Alanine 2.4g for the tingles

Caffeine 350mg for the real lifters out there

Creatyl-L-Leucine 250mg which is a more soluble and stable form of bonded creatine

It is nice to see all these things with amounts that make sense. They aren't some sooper-dooper new way of making things concentrated to keep the scooper small. I really like having a man size scooper.

The best thing? No dyes! That's right! I didn't have to have my water colored to make it taste like sour heads. It was fine just being a milky water. My shakers aren't clear plastic so I don't need a color to feel special.

Effectivness 9

Energy: This is a true one scooper for me. On deadlift days, I would use a rounded scoop because it takes the most out of me but I never really felt the need to throw an extra half scoop in or more like most. I made it through my workouts with no crash in energy. I also did not crash afterwards. There was only one time that I had trouble sleeping that MAY HAVE been somewhat related to this product. I lifter later in the day so it's possible.

Endurance: I like to drink BCAAs while I'm working out. I get tired of so much straight water. I normally use 10-15g of straight BCAA powder during my workout. I could tell a difference in my endurance when I was taking this. My recovery is always pretty good because of diet and the BCAAs I drink intra. With this, I notice a little better recovery time between sets. Some of it was the energy kick but I think some was also preloading with BCAAs.

Focus: I didn't notice any extra focus while using this, nor did I expect to.

Pump: I haven't been responding well to pump products lately which is disappointing. I did notice that I had more veins popping on back and chest day than I normally do. I went ahead and did an all-out arm day while on this and I could really notice the pump then. It wasn't something that would blow your mind but it was very obvious from not using this.

Value 8

You may look at the price and think that $32-34 for 20 servings seems high but not so fast! Sure that's the going price for 30-45 servings of many of the popular ones out there. However, how many of us truthfully get 30-45 workouts out of one of those? I know I don't. I'm going at least 1.5 scoops 3 days a week and sometimes 2 scoops. All of a sudden, your 30 servings are gone.

This is honestly a 1 scoop pre. At 350mg of caffeine, it gets the job done. I've use more caffeine than this before but it was a different type of energy too. I personally didn't get the jitters from this but I'm a stim junkie. So I did indeed get 19-20 servings out of this tub. If you're worried about the caffeine, use half a scoop or less. Problem solved and your servings are increased above 20.

Overall 9

So it all started with a Big Bang they say? If that's the case, then this is an appropriately named workout. It started plenty of my workouts with that Big Bang! I made great progress in my powerlifting training and felt wonderful while I did it. The taste is on point and the value is just right if you do the math for the true one serving or less. What was it DDP used to say? "Feel the Bang!" ok, I'm done with cheesy bang quotes.

And I have already ordered me another tub from Amazon.

9.5
    Thanks to BELDT Labs for sending it out!
      May 19, 2016

• Increased Mood
    • No Crash Effect
    • Leaning Out
    • Appetite Suppression
    • No Jitters
    • Respiratory Support
    • 90 Pill Bottle Would Be Nice
    Beldt Labs is getting lots of hype recently for their approach to fat burning..I mean scorching with their product SKALD. I had to hop on the offer to see just how much I liked this based on some great feedback from people I know. Beldt was more than happy to send me a bottle to give it a shot.
    The caps are what I would consider average size and not hard to swallow at all. I didn't experience any pepper burps while I was taking these either.

Profile 8.5/10

Some people will balk at the blend but I gave up on that a long time ago. The product has 11 active ingredients in it that are listed over on the left of the review page for this product. The most important part is the caffeine for some people. Their website says 110mg per cap. That's not overboard by any means and gives a little boost of energy that will help you during your day.

Most of the buzz on this has been the respiratory aspect of the product. Mullein leaves powder and elecampane account for this. These have both been used for natural treatment of lung/breathing issues. I am personally not familiar with either of these so this was the most interesting part for me.

This product does contain Yohimbine HCL for those that don't like using that. Personally I have never noticed a difference with it.

Effectiveness 8.5/10

I'll look at each aspect they list on their website and how that related to my personal experience:
    Intensifies Energy: I could tell that I did have more energy and feel more awake when I started taking this. I started out taking 1 when I got up before my first meal and then another with my lunch. I was on midnight shift at the time and the difference was amazing by the time I was halfway through the night.

Eventually I got up to taking 2 when I got up and then 1 later. It was at this time that I used the 2 before my workout more or less. I was working out before I went to work at the time. I really felt like this was the best way to take it for me. I had a good clean energy throughout my workout and wasn't as fatigued mid-way through. Full disclosure is that I was using e pre-workout also. I had been using this pre-workout on before adding this in and there was a difference for sure.

Maybe this was the Theobromine (longer lasting stimulant) and Evodia Rutaecarpa (smooth out the stimulant kick)? 220mg of caffeine isn't much for me so that's why I added the scoop of pre to go with it. The amount of time that the energy was there became apparent immediately.
    Improves breathing: I personally don't have an issue with breathing but I also don't do cardio. I would say that I started to "look for" differences in my breathing after a couple of weeks and even though it wasn't anything that I noticed before I thought about it, I did seem to be breathing smoother after my compound lifts. Normally I start super/giant/drop sets after my compounds and my breathing was better but then again, I don't get winded like someone doing straight cardio does.

Elevates mood: This was another minor but noticeable effect of SKALD. I'm not an angry person and joke around a lot. While on this I did notice that I was a little more talkative than normal which I believe was a result of the enhanced mood aspect. It was nothing major but I'm not a huge talker when I'm in the gym normally.

Sharpens focus: I could say this did happen very minimal. I'm not saying it was a direct result of anything in the product or just the fact that I was more energetic and had a little more motivation. Either way, my focus was on point and maybe just a shade more than it normally is.

Controls hunger: Once I started taking 2 before my minimal pre meal, I really noticed that I wasn't as hungry after my workout. In fact, the only 2 days that I was hungry after my workout would be squat and deadlift. Before you get all soap boxy on me about my post workout nutrition, I still ate. I have a planned post meal so that wasn't a concern but I was making myself eat vs having to eat. I also wouldn't get hungry until later in the morning around 0200 for my next meal.

Accelerates fat loss: This was a shining point for me for sure. I lost approximately 11.5# during my month of using this. I can attribute that to some of the prementioned points but the small appetite suppression and extra energy helped the most. I was a shade over 280# when I started and fell right into the 271 range when completed.

As far as a thermo goes, I didn't ever feel that with this product. Sounds like some people do and some don't.

About a month prior to starting this, I had been using a nutrition plan that I really hadn't seen any progress with. I was maintaining weight and gaining strength, which was my goal so it was working from that angle. I was leaning out on my plan and could tell a difference for sure. Once I started this product, the leaning became much more noticeable and I was actually losing weight, not just maintaining.

Value 9.5/10

This goes for $30 for 60 caps. That will either work out to 20 or 30 days depending on how you take it. That is a decent value and on par with the supplement line. However this is on sale a lot on Amazon and even directly from their website quite often. It's a new product so they are trying to get it out there but I personally hope the 30% off sales keep happening! It's very easy to score this for $24 or so which makes it an excellent value.

Overall 8.7/10

I must say that I really liked this product. It is a different approach to a burner. Performance and value really shine with this product and I highly suggest giving it a shot. Look for a deal with a discount and make it even a better value. Me personally, I've already hopped on the discount and have some more coming my way!

There are no miracle pills to make you lose weight. Without the proper diet, exercise, and rest, this product will be wasted. Make sure you have everything else planned out and are actually sticking to it before you start to use this. Once you have a good routine that you are sticking with add this in and reap the results.

Thanks to Ronnie Coleman Signature Series for sending it out!
      April 11, 2016

• Better Sleep
    • No Crash
    • Quality Ingredients
    • Teacrine
    • Solid Long Lasting Energy
    • Great Pumps
    • Use Of Dyes
    RCSS has been very active in our program here at SR. I have taken advantage of most of the opportunities and that has led me to buying even more of the product. I did buy 30# of King Mass on an awesome sale for instance. When I saw there was a new PWO and it claimed to be "extremely potent" I had to give it a shot!

Taste 10/10

Taste 10/10

I received the Electric Lemonade like the others did. I wasn't sure what to expect, especially when the water turned electric blue. I took my first sip and my taste buds rejoiced. It's like lemonade but not exactly. I thought it was a great blend of lemonade and blue raspberry(?). I personally did not get the chemically aftertaste some of the others have described which is strange because I'm normally very susceptible to that. RCSS nailed this flavor for sure so I'll be interested in trying another. Mixing was not an issue either.

Profile 8/10

An almost fully disclosed label is very nice to see. At first you may think that a few of the ingredients are a little under dosed. I'll admit that when I read the label, I thought that it needed more L-Citrulline (1g) and maybe some BA (2g) but then I saw there was 420mg of caffeine which made me smile. I really like a higher dose of stims.

Some of the other reviews have gone through the ingredients but I'll hit on a couple that interested me starting with Theacrine. This is an interesting ingredient derived from plants. It is similar to caffeine but has a calming and focusing effect too. There are also studies to support that it can lessen pain associated with working out and even reduce the exertion that your mind thinks your body is producing. The most important claim I found on this was that it's more prolonged in how long it's effective and it actually works with caffeine to extend and enhance caffeine's effectiveness.

PharmaSure is the time released caffeine to kick in after the anhydrous has got you going. I have been in the middle of a workout before when the caffeine crash has hit me and I just couldn't will myself to another set. This, along with the Theacrine, should help you make it through your whole workout with a steady supply of energy. Now the caffeine is listed as 420mg combined for these two so you don't know how much of each you're getting.

I don't felt like RCSS cut any corners by buying generic ingredients since they used CarnoSyn, AGMASS, Teacrine, and PharmaSure. I would expect nothing less from this company actually.

Effectiveness 8.5/10

You read the label, you're interested, and so what's next? It's time to put it to the test. From the first time I was amazed by the taste, I was also very happy with the results of my workout! I walked into the gym feeling pretty good and could tell I had taken a PWO for sure. I was ready to hit the weights. I started this with a squat day which is a draining day to say the least. Once I got through my squats, it was on to drop sets for accessory work. I breezed through those with no issues. I noticed I was sweating a little more than normal but energy levels were still good. I added in some more accessory work and felt good as I left the gym.

To be honest, I'm a stim junkie and I'm only on step one of my support group. Ok, really I stopped even going. Once I admitted to it, I decided I didn't care. It takes a lot of stims to get me going. This product hit me just right and gave me what I needed without overdoing it. There were some days when I wasn't feeling like I had the energy to workout so I'd take a heaping scoop to get through a squat or deadlift day but the product NEVER let me down.

Another thing I noticed was that I never had problems sleeping on this. When I get a caffeine crash, it's not a good sleep at all. However, when it was time for bed after taking this about 5 hours prior, I had no issues going to sleep. In fact, I was out about the time I hit the pillow. Much different than a caffeine crash for sure.

Pumps were increased on this. It wasn't like I was taking a product that was geared directly at pumps but I could see more roundness in my shoulders especially. While using this, my arms measured 20" after a workout for the first time EVER!! I've had that goal for years!

Focus was decent on this. I could tell a difference when I was doing my heavy compound sets and getting my head ready. I could feel the difference mainly when I engaged the weight. An example of that is when I would get up under the squat bar and roll my traps back to engage the bar.

Value 8/10

You're going to pay about $1 per serving of this. It truly is a 1 scoop PWO so that is very reasonable. Sure sometimes I went over 1 scoop but I am also not normal most of the time.

Overall 8.5/10

I'm not sure what to say about how much I liked this. I'm staying away from the name for my exclamation on this product. Ohhhhhhh Yeeeeaaahhhhh! Nothing means nothing!

In all seriousness, I really like the time released caffeine and not only the workouts I had on this but also the sleep I would get after it. If you're worried about the amount of caffeine in here, realize you don't get hit with all of it at once. Use less than a scoop and assess your tolerance as you should with everything that has stims.

With the taste, energy, value, and results I highly recommend this to the readers. I can promise you that I'm going to be ordering some more! Hopefully I can find some samples of the other flavors before I order! Top self PWO in my opinion.

March 30, 2016

Pros:
     Cons:
    • Good Advertisement
    • Minimal Pump
    • Minimal Vascularity
    I got a decent deal on a couple of the Insane Labz products a few months back and was very interested in giving them a shot.. I must admit that I was somewhat more interested in them because of their strong social media presence and "horror" ads. I was skeptical because of the floods of positive reviews on their products flooding social media also.
    Insane Veinz is a pump product that sports a cool Jason hockey mask on the label. It claims "Pumps, non-stim, Vascularity Beast"

Taste 7/10

Taste 7/10
    I went with fruit punch on accident. I had got the grape Psychotic in my package deal and thought I picked up the grape container of this too. Since I obviously didn't, I just went with FP. The flavor is your average FP and not as good as the Kool-Aid you had as a kid. It does have some minor chemically taste to it but nothing that was disgusting. I have to go with slightly above average here but I would suggest trying a different flavor.

Profile 6/10
    My profile ranking is based partly on the effectiveness too. To just look at the product, it appears to be a normal pump product that should get the job done. On their website, they claim that this is like nothing else you've ever taken! So we should expect something mind-blowing here right?

Serving 4.2G

Chloride as sodium chloride 200 mg
    Sodium as sodium chloride 200mg Yes, it is listed that way on the label, I have no clue why

Blend (of course) 2290 mg

Agmatine Sulfate (1250 mg), Betaine Anhydrous, Beet Root Extract, Russian Tarragon Extract.

So that's it, pretty simple and leaves 1.51G for filler. This does seem to be a healthy dose of Agmatine and the pump appears to be focused coming from that. For many pump products, that's 2.5 scoops to get that much. I don't really see anything else here that jumps out at me.

Effectiveness 5/10
    I took this as a standalone at first to see how my body reacted to it without a pre. I noticed very little change in my pump from a normal one. I may have been a little more swole but no increased vascularity. After a few days of disappointment, I combined it with my Psychotic. I did notice a difference in combining the two vs. just taking them alone. The pump wasn't much different but there were more veins popping out for sure. Not to get your hopes up, there was nothing crazy like Big Poppa Pump or anything, just a noticeable difference.

I did try to increase the level scoop to a heaping scoop but saw no change in results there either. I never did try two full scoops mainly because it made the mixture of grape and FP unbearable.

Value 4/10
    So here I have a pump product that did very little for me but would cost $55 for 35 servings at their website. Insane Labz can only be sold at box front stores or their own website. This does not help drive the cost down. $1.57 a serving for a pump product that didn't work by itself is not a good value for me. If you subscribe to their newsletter or follow them on social media, they have 25% off sales from time to time but $1.18 a serving still isn't worth it to me.

Overall 4/10
    I had to weigh the value of this one pretty heavy. I just cannot recommend anyone to spend their money on this product based on my results. I also do not think a pump product is a necessity but more of a high level luxury supplement. That being said, I believe a pump product can help you grow more by causing more micro tears in your muscles. At that price, it's not worth the pay back though.

Be very weary of their social media hype. You would think this is the best thing to ever come out that is legal or illegal for that matter. Their website one hit comments and 5 star reviews are shady at best. Insane Labz gets a 10 for social media bandwagon and advertisement but this product falls flat.

My suggestion, stop spending so much on advertising and get the cost of your product down and the quality up.

March 8, 2016

Pros:
     Cons:
    • Good Flavor
    • Long Handle Scooper
    • One Big Blend
    I have a gym buddy who opened a supplement store. I normally don't buy from a box store but because I wanted to support him, I stopped by. I was actually just interested in checking out the Insane Labz line and seeing if he could cut me a little deal. For those of you that don't know, Insane Labz is a relatively new company that has a STRONG social media game going. Their ads are actually pretty cool horror type scenes. They do a great job with that. I was very skeptical but since I deemed this to be for a good cause, I went ahead and got some of this and Insane Veinz since he did cut me a sweet deal.

Psychotic is a pre-workout for the stim-junkie. The evil clowns say that you will have "Energy, Focus, Endurance, Psycho Game Changing Pre-Workout Powerhouse" Well; I'm here to test the clownz.

Taste 9/10

I went with Grape because the only other flavor they had was Fruit Punch. I must say this was a good flavor of grape and really reminded me of the old grape bubblegum. The good stuff, not the square one with the comic that was good for 3 chews. They did a good job with the grape flavor for sure. They also have Cotton Candy and Apple to give them a full 4 flavors.

Profile 6.5/10

When in doubt, throw everything into one blend. Yep that's what we have here, a 4459mg blend. You know, the 59 is pretty exact with a scooper. I'll list it out since I don't know how to put a hidden blend into the ingredients section.
    Beta Alanine, creatine monohydrate, caffeine anhydrous, AMPberry, hordenine HCL, Dimethylethanolamine, Rauwolfia Vomitoria Extract, Huperzine Serrata Leaf Extract

I did some digging and they claim there is 450mg of caffeine in this blend. That means we are approximately down to 4g left of the blend. The BA and creatine should be more than 500mg. The creatine is not at a useful level and the beta actually is since I did get the tingles.

AMPberry is just Juniperus berries. There is not a lot of info on why this would be in here. I think maybe for joint support or blood pressure? I did find a German site that talked about this but I was so tired of translating it that I stopped. They seem to think that the AMP is to try and make it look like an AMP citrate.

You may see the Dimethylethanolamine and think it is the banned substance in some other PWOs. I thought the same thing. It's actually not that at all. It's for mental clarity and focus and not a stimulant. No worries there if you were. I actually wished it was the stimulant but that's just me.

The other 3 things are possible fat burners and mood enhancers. Not worth discussing.

Looking at this without trying it, I'm not impressed. Once you get passed the first 3 ingredients, who cares? I can't imagine there is enough of any of the other things to make a difference. Now time to try the blend.

Effectiveness 8/10

Wow, this is where the product really shines. The first time I took this, I went with one scoop. It was early morning and I decided I needed a Bluetooth speaker for the gym because headphones bother me. I took this on my way to the gym and I stopped at WM to check out speakers. It had been about 20 minutes since I took the PWO. As I was walking through WM, the lights actually got fuzzy in my peripheral vision. Then it was almost like they were buzzing or something. I noticed I started to walk faster too. I got to looking at speakers and couldn't stand still. I finally said screw it and bought the red one (it turned out to be a nice speaker). I tell that story because it may sound corny but it was actually like I was going psycho walking through WM with the crazy tunnel vision that was different than I'd ever had before.

The squat workout that day was pretty decent. Once I got the weight on my back, everything seemed to calm down a little. From that point on, I only used about of a scoop for the first week. Then I went up to 1 scoop and didn't have that craziness again. By the time the last week rolled around, I was using 1.5 scoops for deadlift and squat days.
    The energy was pretty clean after that first day and lasted my whole workout. I must say that I didn't notice the crazy vision ever again either. My endurance was above my normal as I didn't really fatigue to where I felt like I needed to stop for the day.

The only other side effects were an elevated heart rate and I did sweat more when on this.

Value 4.5/10

So Insane Labz doesn't allow their items to be sold online. If you want to be a seller for these, you have to provide an actual store. Of course not letting it be sold online drives the price up. They have it listed for $54 on their website and other places that carry it say it can only be bought in store or on the phone with no price listed online. You can follow them on social media and their newsletter in email to receive discounts. If you ever pay $54 for this, you have been suckered.

They also have sample packs of most of their stuff that might be more reasonable to purchase if you're curious.

Overall 6/10

One big blend, bad value, but good results can't be any more than middle of the road for me. I liked how I felt on this but at the price; it wasn't a long term relationship. Be careful reading reviews about this online. Their social media game is strong. It works but at that price, I can't recommend you try it. That being said, if you have some extra cash flow lying around some day and want to give it a shot, go for it.