MarsheS

• Member has been active for 4 years, and was last online today

TROPHY CASE

Reviews by MarsheS

Overall
Thanks to NutraBio for sending it out!
  February 8, 2019

• Reduces Muscle Soreness
  • Simple Product
  • Fermented BCAA

INTRODUCTION

Thanks to NUTRABIO for participating in the SR TROOP program and to old SupplementReviews for making this connection possible.

INGREDIENT PROFILE

Only 1 ingredient: 5 grams of BCAA: Depending on the moment of the day you take them, they will give you lot of benefits like overall energy, clean energy, overall recovery, recovery between sets, recovery after workout, help with protein synthesis, delay fatigue and so many other benefits.

INGREDIENT PROFILE

You can read more about BCAA at the Overview of SR's BCAA section here: https://supplementreviews.com/categories/amino-acids/bcaa-eaa

*TASTE: I requested and received Pina Colada. Delicious, tastes exactly like a Pina (Pia in Spanish) Colada!

*MIXABILITY: No problems here.

*DOSING: I usually took 1 scoop per day, sometimes tried with 2 scoops per day.

EFFECTIVENESS

I took this several ways: Pre-Workout, with a meal, intra-workout.

You can take BCAA with a meal to increase the amount of Leucine of what you're eating. Examine.com about Leucine: "The studies assessing Leucine mostly look at muscle protein synthesis when additional Leucine is added to the diet or to a test meal, and it appears that Leucine is able to reliably increase muscle protein synthesis after test meals. Whether this results in more lean mass over a period of time is somewhat less reliable though, and leucine appears to be more effective at promoting gains in muscle in people with lower dietary protein intake(...)" Also this from the same source: "It tends to be taken either in a fasted state or alongside meals with an inherently low protein content (or protein sources that are low in leucine)." I think it was very effective taking it with a meal because muscles seemed to be getting bigger.

Intra-workout was the least effective but that can be because I'm not a fan of intra-workouts. It still worked though but average. That feeling can be explained because I usually take pre-workouts so intra-workouts won't really make so much difference.

That being said, when I combined 1 scoop of this with some other ingredients pre-workout, I could see a significant difference. I was combining lot of things, some caffeine, some yohimbe, beta alanine, creatine and don't remember what else. The inclusion and exclusion of NutraBio BCAA 5000 in this formula could be perceived all the time. Even though some of the ingredients mentioned have similar benefits to BCAA, the BCAA maximized those effects.

VALUE

BB has it for $31.49, NutraBio's website for $29.99, GNC for $29.99. Excellent price.

SIDE EFFECTS

CONCLUSION

Lot of servings (60 servings). Very delicious taste. NutraBio usually makes flavors taste really well so the other flavors of this product probably taste delicious too. Very useful for muscle growth, recovery between sets, clean energy, delaying fatigue and the other benefits from BCAA. My suggestion is for you to use it with a meal low on protein (could be high too) and to add it to your pre-workout.

Yes I know, one of my weakest reviews... but there's no motivation, sorry. This is my last review for now. Let's see when the unknown brand will make this site work again and be the best like we were.

Overall
    Overall
    5.7
    5.5
    Thanks to Nutrition By Don for sending it out!
      December 27, 2018

Pros:
     Cons:
    • Fully Disclosed Label
    • Endurance
    • Pre-Workout
    • Focus
    • Joint Support
    • Tastes Good
    • No Artificial Dyes
    • Glutamine
    • Carnitine
    • Under-dosed
    • Extremely Low NALT

Sometimes A LOT is A LITTLE... The product has a lot of potential though but they need to "break some walls" first...

Hello SupplementReviews (or what's left of it...). Thanks to Nutrition by Don for participating in the SR TROOP program and for old SupplementReviews for making this connection possible.

INGREDIENT PROFILE

I had a good analysis of the ingredients but unfortunately it got removed so this one will be a bit different because of time/effort. It starts with:

- 1.5g BCAA: Very underdosed, the normal average amount is 4-...

INGREDIENT PROFILE

- 1.5g BCAA: Very underdosed, the normal average amount is 4-5g per serving so this is very underdosed. Still not so useless because it's going to do something with the food you consume (which also has aminoacids).

- 1g of Citrulline DL Malate (2:1 ratio): Some would think this is very underdosed but 1g is an ok dose considering you want the blood flow/circulation increase benefit from Citrulline. I would still like to see this ingredient increased to 2g atleast. For vascularity/pump effects, you want 6-8 of Citrulline Malate and 3-4g Citrulline but like I said, that wasn't the purpose of adding it to this product.

- 750mg of Glucosamine Sulfate. There's a pic of the Supplement Facts showing Glucosamine Hydrochloride (HCL) but the label of my product says Glucosamine Sulfate so they probably made that change. Good job. This dose is alright, not the highest, not so high but it's alright.

- 750mg of Glutamine: 750mg is VERY underdosed. Just remove this ingredient, this dose isn't going to do anything.

- 560mg of Agmatine Sulfate: This dose is okay, not the highest but alright. Might be useless if your weight is +200lbs though. Nitric oxide benefits.

- 475mg of Curcumenoids: This is a good ingredient to have because it has a lot of benefits, however, it has a poor absorption. You might want to add Piperine to increase its absorption.

- 500mg of Fenugreek seed: These are fenugreek seeds so it's not the same as Fenugreek extract you see in other supplements. Fenugreek has several positive benefits (test support, appetite reduction, increase in milk production on women, blood glucose reduction, increase of libido, etc) but the dose should be higher considering these are seeds, atleast 2g.

- 375mg of L-Carnitine: No no and no. Your body isn't going to magically transform fat into energy just because you're taking Carnitine lol, even less this low dose of it. Remove Carnitine, it doesn't react well with food and you're suggesting to take this product after the 1st or 2nd meal so I would just remove Carnitine. No need to have it, same with Glutamine, remove them both.

- 375mg of Panax Ginseng. This is a very good ingredient to have. Dose is alright too. This ingredient has plenty of benefits in areas like: Cognition, Brain health, Testosterone, Antioxidant, mood, allergies, etc. Of course this dose isn't going to provide you with all those benefits but it's still a good ingredient to have, good job.

- 200mg of Eurycoma Longifolia for libido and sexual health benefits. Not bad to have, this is a good dose.

- 150mg of Alpha GPC: Cognitive and brain health. Very underdosed.

- 125mg of Pycnogenol (Pine Bark extract) for general health benefits. This is a good ingredient to have and the dose is a good one, good job again.

- 100mg of Hyaluronic Acid: Another good ingredient to have, it's going to provide benefits on joint & bone health, also other benefits. This is a good dose. Good job again.

- 75mg of N-Acetyl-L-Tyrosine (NALT): You REALLY expect this dose to do something? NALT is an effective ingredient regarding mental benefits but this dose is ridiculous. Increase it drastically or remove it.

- 1mcg of Huperzine A: From SupplementReviews: "Powerful nootropic agent that boosts focus and cognition by preventing the breakdown of acetylcholine." Great ingredient but 1mcg is a VERY RIDICULOUS dose. The dose used in studies is 50-200mcg and this only has 1 mcg... Awful dose!

Vitamins C (556% DV) and B12 (6250% DV).

TASTE/MIXABILITY/DOSING

*TASTE: They only have Orange available. It tastes like an Orange that is not sweet. It tastes very natural. I didn't like it the first few servings but then I started to like the taste because it was something different.

*MIXABILITY: No problems here, easy to mix.

*DOSING: It suggests 1 scoop after the 1st or 2nd meal. I tried it this way but also tried it post-workout and pre-workout.

CLAIMS

Joint and Strength support. Muscle Recovery. Focus.

EFFECTIVENESS

When I took it after my 1st or 2nd meal (or 3rd), I didn't notice much. I changed it to Post-workout and I still didn't notice much. I changed it to Pre-workout and bam! Here it's where it worked. The focus effects could be felt along with the endurance effects, the endurance effect was the most significant effect I could feel. I wasn't taking a preworkout so I could easily see the difference when I took 3 day Wall Breaker. The focus effects were also good during Gaming, tried it a couple of times while Gaming and it was alright. Surprised to have felt the focus effects because some (or most) of the focus ingredients are underdosed.

Strength, muscle recovery nope nope. Definitely needs more dose of a lot of the ingredients in the formula to feel these benefits. The blood flow effects from the ingredients probably helped the most with the endurance effects I felt pre-workout. Vitamin C, Citrulline Malate and others that escape from my mind right now. The Agmatine and BCAA probably helped a little too.

Side Effects

Sometimes produced some acid reflux.

CONCLUSION

This product has a lot of potential because the Ingredient selection was overall great (except for the Carnitine and Glutamine). The other ingredients are all good to have, the thing is the dose of most ingredients needs to be increased for this product to reach its full power.

VALUE

When I received the product and other SR users made their review, the Value was $49.99 but now it was reduced to $39.99. $49.99 is extremely expensive and $39.99 is still too expensive for me to consider buying this product.

1. Remove Glutamine.
    2. Remove Carnitine.
    3. Add Piperine.
    4. Increase BCAA amount to 4g atleast.
    5. Increase Fenugreek Seeds amount to atleast 2g.
    6. Increase Alpha GPC.
    7. Increase NALT.
    8. Increase Huperzine A.
    9. Make other flavors.

(SR paid for product; MuscleTech did not participate)
      November 12, 2018

Pros:
     Cons:
    • Weight Loss
    • Fat Loss
    • Moderate Sensorial Effects
    • Confusing Dose Of Yohimbe
    • Low Dose Of Ingredients
    • Claims Not Met
    • Not Highly Effective
    • Low Thermogenesis Feeling

INTRODUCTION

Thanks to @Clipper83 for sending me 2 bottles of Hydroxycut SX-7 because he loves me. Well, he said it himself: "Original note from the rep: Because I love ya. -Clipper83" lol although I like to think that when he said that, he was dressed as a woman... but damn, I don't know which option is worse xD. Anywayssss, 2 bottles of this product with the intention of going down to 170lbs (from 180lbs) so my expectation was -10lbs, which would make it 5lbs less per bottle, doesn't sound impossible nor too difficult right? Let's see...

Serving Size: 1...

Serving Size: 1 capsule
    Servings per container: 70

- 400mg of C. Canephora Robusta. They say it's a blend but I don't see the difference in this: "C. Canephora Robusta Blend (consisting of standardized green coffee bean extract (as C. Canephora Robusta) supplying 45% chlorogenic acids and green coffee bean extract (as C. Canephora Robusta)". It's the same thing! Wtf MuscleTech!? Anyways, this is Hydroxycut's main and key ingredient. Most of their products use this ingredient. I talked about this ingredient in my Hydroxycut Hardcore Elite review so I'll copy-paste what I said there:

MuscleTech constantly cites this extract from a study: "In one study, subjects taking the primary ingredient (C. Canephora Robusta) in Hydroxycut Hardcore Elite for 60 days lost, on average, 10.95lbs versus the placebo group, who lost an average of 5.40lbs. Both groups followed a low-calorie diet. In a separate 8 week study, subjects using the same key ingredient lost an average of 3.7lbs versus subjects using a placebo, who lost an average of 1.25lbs. Both groups followed a calorie-reduced diet and performed moderate exercise." Here's the link of the full study on the ingredient where MuscleTech takes out the extract from: https://4ha771p5br4wqo0243sxihc9-wpengine.netdna-ssl.com/wp-content/uploads/Dellalibera2006.pdf

Other 2 studies:
    1. Decaffeinated green coffee bean extract attenuates diet-induced obesity and insulin resistance in mice: https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/24817902
    2. Chlorogenic acid exhibits anti-obesity property and improves lipid metabolism in high-fat diet-induced-obese mice: https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/20064576

- 135mg of Caffeine Anhydrous. Also the same as Hydroxycut Hardcore Elite. Caffeine is for energy, alertness, focus, mood, etc. For more info and benefits of Caffeine, you can read here: https://supplementreviews.com/ingredients/caffeine Watch the Caffeine amount if you take other products with Caffeine.

- 100mg of Myristica seed extract (as Myristica Fragans). MuscleTech tells us it's "A nutmeg extract that contains a powerful premium compound called myristicin, which contributes to the unique sensory experience." Examine tells us "Nutmeg is a spice believed to benefit libido, the nervous system, the digestive system, and blood circulation." Nothing related to weight/fat loss but I don't think it's wrong to add an ingredient like this. I don't know if the dose is good enough though and considering this ingredient is not really important in this context... I'll just keep going.

- 75mg of Salvia Leaf Powder (as Salvia Officinalis). MuscleTech tells us it's: "Premium compound that synergistically contributes to the sensory experience." Examine doesn't have info of this ingredient, however, it takes me to the "Ursolic Acid" page, which is an interesting ingredient. However, the dose here probably is not related or added for that so... I'll keep going. Useless ingredient in this context (product).

- 50mg of Raspberry Ketone. This ingredient doesn't seem to work (maybe only in keto diets) and this small dose is ridiculous.

- 36mg of Ecklonia Cava Stem and Leaf extract (as Ecklonia Cava): Interesting studies on reducing blood pressure, blood glucose and total cholesterol. Some use a dose of 72mg minimum. I think 36mg is a joke considering that even 72mg is still low. I expected at least a 100mg dose here.

- 8.5mg of Yohimbe Bark extract (as Pausinystalia Yohimbe) supplying 6% yohimbine. I don't know if that 8.5mg is a total amount of the bark extract and 6% of that is only Yohimbine or if those 8.5mg is already that 6% of Yohimbine. Apparently, it's the first thing I said, which would suck a lot because the other Hydroxycut (Hydroxycut Hardcore Elite) gives you the 56.3mg total amount and then it tells me it gives me Yohimbine and Rauwolscine (although it doesn't say the percent of each).

So we have 3 ingredients that will really help you with weight/fat loss directly and indirectly and then we have "accessory" ingredients to help with sensory experience, etc. As a comparison, Hydroxycut Hardcore Elite has 4 ingredients and 2 "accessory" ingredients. Hydroxycut SX-7 apparently expected me to count the Raspberry Ketones and the Ecklonia Cava but I highly doubt their low dose is going to have any benefits. I'm going to give it a 6/10 here. Selection of ingredients wasn't bad but their dose was. A good thing is the C. Canephora Robusta amount although I'm confused with that "blend" they mention. That confusion could be a big difference but I'm going to assume they are giving me 2x more the amount than Hydroxycut Hardcore Elite which gives me 200mg.

CAPSULES

- White colored capsules with red letters, small-medium size, easy to swallow.

TIMING

Hydroxycut SX-7 tells you to take 1 capsule 2 times daily, 30-60 minutes before your 2 largest meals of the day. I usually took 1 capsule 30-60 minutes before breakfast (which means I took it immediately after waking up) and 1 capsule 30-60 minutes before lunch. I sometimes moved 1 capsule to 30-60 minutes before dinner to see its effects considering that's where I suffer the most with cravings.

CLAIMS

"Powerful Weight Loss. Extreme Sensory. Explosive Energy & Enhanced Focus. Increases Thermogenesis. The most advanced weight loss & clean sensory experience. Hydroxycut SX-7 is the most advanced formula today with seven super-extreme cutting edge, premium ingredients. It truly goes above and beyond anything you've ever tried! The unique, unparalleled sensory experience was designed to be the very best you can get. One pill is all you need!"

Inital Weight: 180lbs
    Weight wanted at the end: 170lbs
    Final Weight: 175lbs

The summary of my plan was low sugar amount, moderate calorie diet (not necessarily healthy), weightlift, some 15 min cardio after lifting.

In terms of energy, it did a good job obviously. I say obviously because it has Caffeine Anhydrous lol. It worked exactly like a 135mg of Caffeine Anhydrous is supposed to work. In terms of focus & sensory experience, it worked okay but compared to Hydroxycut Elite, the effects were less, probably because of the low Yohimbe. When I tried 2 caps at once, it improved a lot but take into account that's 270mg of Caffeine Anhydrous. In terms of thermogenesis, I think this effect was weak. Again, I'm comparing it with Hydroxycut Elite. One thing is energy and another thing is thermogenesis. It didn't make me sweat more, it didn't make me be hyperactive. In terms of Apettite control/reduction, it wasn't bad but it wasn't good either.

In terms of weight/fat loss, the numbers say I only lost 5 pounds in 2.5 months (2 bottles) and I lost way more with Hydroxycut Elite. But there are other factors you have to consider: 175lbs is close to my "ideal weight" so part of me knew it was going to be very difficult to reach 170lbs. Second, with Hydroxycut Elite I was taking Ronnie Coleman Amino-Tone during the day and sometimes a Liquid Carnitine for my cardio. Third, I was less disciplined with my diet during this run of Hydroxycut SX-7 than I was during my run of Hydroxycut Elite. Sometimes it's not about the scale number, it's more about your clothes and some of them were telling me I was getting skinnier. People also noticed it, unfortunately, some of them without empathy, telling me that I'm skinny! *cries* I also lost volume on my Chest and Arms, probably a mix of Carbs, Fat and unfortunately muscle too :( but well, for a person just looking to weight/fat loss, this is acceptable.

VALUE

Amazon has it for $14.90, Groupon has a 2 bottle promo for $15.99! Not widely available, probably because MuscleTech will discontinue the product (like they always do). Obviously, these prices were not their real prices back then but I have to judge it based on them because it's what they are right now. If you want to try this product, then go ahead before it's gone forever.

SIDE EFFECTS

None. I once took 3 capsules (split throughout the day) and I had some abdominal pain... but it only happened once and I don't know the cause. I tried it with 3 capsules several times and it was okay without side effects.

CONCLUSION

I repeat this: "A good thing is the C. Canephora Robusta amount although I'm confused with that "blend" they mention. That confusion could be a big difference but I'm going to assume they are giving me 2x more the amount than Hydroxycut Hardcore Elite which gives me 200mg." Assuming that, that's why I was a bit dissapointed.

Energy was good, focus and sensory experience was moderate, thermogenesis was weak, weight/fat loss in numbers was weak but moderate in physical body results. Overall, weak-moderate results considering I took 2 bottles and not only 1. The selection of ingredients is acceptable but their dose is not, most are underdosed (a little and a lot). The claims put by MuscleTech in this product (check the CLAIMS section) were far from true.

SUGGESTIONS FOR THE COMPANY

1. Clarify the real amount and ingredients of that "C. Canephora Robusta blend".
    2. Remove the Salvia Leaf Powder.
    3. Remove the Raspberry Ketone.
    4. Increase Yohimbe.
    5. Increase Ecklonia Cava.
    6. Stop removing and introducing "new" products.

Thanks to Redcon1 for sending it out!
      September 13, 2018

• No Amino Profile
    • Low Fat
    • Beef Protein Isolate

INTRODUCTION

Thanks to Redcon1 for participating in the SR TROOP program and SupplementReviews for making this connection possible. I was looking for a product to help me lean bulk and I was able to grab MRE. I also wanted to try a real meal replacement supplement. I was also curious of how these ingredients would work together...

INGREDIENT PROFILE

Other users did a good job explaining this section.

INGREDIENT PROFILE

Other users did a good job explaining this section.

Protein Types: Beef Protein Isolate, Salmon Protein, Chicken Protein, Egg Albumin, Brown Rice Protein and Pea Protein. But there's also Oats and they have Protein also so I wonder how much Protein is coming from the Oats...

Carbohydrates: Rolled Oats, Dehydrated Yam, Dehydrated Sweet Potato, Pea Starch.

Fruits: Coconut Water Powder, Dehydrated Blueberry Fruit, Dehydrated Goji Fruit.

Fat: MCT Oil. This is where the product is lacking, Total Fat.

Overall, great profile but I'll have to give it a 8.5/10 because fat needs to be higher and also we don't know how much Protein is coming from the Oats. Also using Beef Protein Isolate will reduce a bit the points given because there are high doubts companies use real meat without the other parts of the meat to get the protein.

TASTE/MIXABILITY/DOSING

*TASTE: I received Banana Nut Bread. P E R F E C T. Just like the name says, it was a combination between Banana, Nuts, and Oats, all of them balanced greatly. 10/10

*MIXABILITY: It wasn't bad and there were no clumps. However, you might feel the oats at the bottom of your shake. The easy way of solving this minor issue is to revolve/swirl the liquid when you're close to the bottom of the shake, that way you won't feel the oat particles or whatever their name is lol.

*DOSING: I usually just took 2 scoops per day, sometimes took 3 scoops, especially when used as a real meal replacement. Tried it once or twice with 4 scoops just to test it. The amount of liquid (usually water) I used for 2 scoops was 8oz and 12oz for 3 scoops.

EFFECTIVENESS

I used MRE to add extra Protein and Carbohydrates to my daily diet for the purpose of lean bulking and I also used it for being a real meal replacement, for example, when I didn't have time to eat a proper pre-workout meal, I would use MRE. In both of these situations, MRE was very effective. The fact of not having any dairy protein (whey, casein) was excellent, first to 'rest' from them and second because milk and pre-workout supplements usually don't react well together, at least in my case so it was excellent to use as a pre-workout meal. It was also effective for adding extra Protein and Carbohydrates. 2 scoops gave you 37g Carbs and 23.5g Protein, that's a good amount for any person to add to their diet, let's say if your breakfast, dinner or lunch lacks any of these 2 macronutrients.

MRE was an excellent addition to my daily diet, without digestive problems, kept me full, helped me as a pre-workout meal, helped me reduce cravings, helped me to replace any of the daily meals... overall, excellent! I would have given a 10 on Effectiveness if it wasn't for the low amount of total Fat. It only has 4 grams of Total Fat and that's based on a full serving (4 scoops) so 2 scoops give me 2g and 3 scoops 3g. I think Redcon1 was scared the Fat would cause digestive issues so they decided to put a low amount.

VALUE

MRE's website has it for $59.99 right now, they had it on $79.99 days/weeks ago though but you could always find some 20% coupon somewhere. BB has it for $79.99 but all 3 flavors are in backorder so something might happen there. GNC has it for $79.99 but I think it has a BOGO 50% offer right now. Amazon has it for $79.99. Walmart has 2 units left on $64.99. FitnessfirstUSA has it on $64.99. So anyways, $79.99 seems to be the "standard" price but there are always coupons/discounts/promos/etc that you can use to make it cheaper. I saw a great deal on MRE but I won't say it because I don't want you people taking my products! hahahaha

SUGGESTIONS FOR THE COMPANY

1. Add more Total Fat (the good healthy fat of course) to this product... OR make another MRE with more Total Fat. Some avocado powder would be good.
    2. Consider replacing the Beef Protein Isolate or putting less of it and more amount of the other types of Protein.

August 27, 2018

• Tasty
    • Fat Reduction
    • Abundant Sweat

INTRODUCTION

Thanks to VMI SPORTS once again for giving me the opportunity to try VMI L-Carnitine 3000 and to SupplementReviews for making this possible. I'm still trying to lose weight and fat a little bit more so I grabbed this product for it to help me with those goals. I believe every ingredient has a different pathway it takes once it's inside the body. For example, if you want energy, you can take stimulant ingredients (caffeine) but also non-stimulant ingredients (Vitamin B's, Citrulline, Creatine, Carnitine, etc). Each of those ingredients work differently, taking different pathways in the body and using different methods but with similar objectives.

Carnitine is one of those ingredients that you will see some people hate it because it doesn't work (according to them) and some people love it. After reading more about glycogen, fat loss, etc, I had an idea of how to use Carnitine. I describe that idea below.

This product has 3 ingredients:
      L-Carnitine: 1,500mg
      Acetyl-L-Carnitine: 750mg
      L-Carnitine-L-Tartrate: 750mg

From VMI Sports' website: "Carnitine is a substance found in all cells of the body that facilitates the transportation of fatty acids into the mitochondria to be used for energy. In other words, carnitine turns your cells into pure fat-burning machines. L-Carnitine 3000 uses three highly bioavailable forms of L-Carnitine, to maximize effectiveness and skyrocket your metabolism."

These are 3 forms of Carnitine, from the most basic to the "most advanced" one. Carnitine has more benefits than just using fat as a source of energy, for example: Carnitine decreases Ammonia levels. How is that important? "Blood ammonia concentration increases during endurance exercise and has been proposed as a cause for both peripheral and central fatigue." An extract of the study said: "Blood ammonia level was determined before the run and every 30 min during the run. During the control trial, Ammonia increased progressively to approximately 70% above rest concentration." Source of what I quoted: https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/18059593

There are more benefits regarding Sperm Quality, Symptoms of Intermittent Claudication, Blood Glucose (important when trying to get rid of fat), Exercise-Induced oxidation (important studies here), Fatigue reduction, Lactate production (we must all hate Lactate), Muscle damage, etc. You can check the studies in the "Human Effect Matrix" of L-Carnitine at Examine: https://examine.com/supplements/l-carnitine/

Now that I deeply read about Carnitine, I see it has plenty of benefits, more than just being a non-stimulant fat burner, that's why it's important to read deeply instead of only reading the titles of articles. I'm going to judge it based on:
      1. The claims of the product
      2. The fat burning ability considering it's the most popular expectation.
      3. The energy given.

You can read more about the product here: https://www.vmisports.com/products/l-carnitine-3000

CLAIMS OF THE PRODUCT

*Increased Thermogenesis
      *Improved Athletic Performance
      *Enhanced Fat Loss
      *Continual Use (no need to cycle off)
      *Boost Metabolism
      *Best tasting flavors.

TASTE/MIXABILITY/DOSING

*TASTE: I received Gummy Bear. I thought it would be sweeter but I wasn't disappointed, the taste was pretty good, not so sweet but still good. Other flavors available are: Rainbow Candy, Juicy Stripes, Peach Mango, Cherry Lime, Patriot Pop and Orange Pineapple. The claim of "best tasting flavor" was met here, don't know if they are the best of their category but Gummy Bear is delicious and meets the claim.

*SERVINGS: 31

*MIXABILITY: Liquid form.

*DOSING: Here's the key part of this review. The product says to "Take one serving (1tbsp) preferable on an empty stomach, prior to a meal or prior to exercise." I did an experiment and used it when my weight lifting workout was 75% done. The plan was to make my body use all the glycogen for the weightlifting and the Carnitine to start working once my Glycogen was all/mostly used.

*Why I did it this way? "Glycogen is your body's preferred energy source for exercise, as it's more readily available." So our bodies use glycogen as their main source of energy as it's the most efficient. Of course, it also uses the other methods to get energy but Glycogen is the main preferred source. That being said, I assume that once someone takes any Carnitine supplement, the body won't "suddenly" change the energy source to fat stores and burn them for fuel. I don't think the body works like that, that's why IMO, some people don't get to see any positive results with Carnitine.

Another reason is that some people also take it before meals (like the instruction suggested) but I think that's wrong too or let's just say it's not the best way to take it because your meal will give you Glycogen. So IMO, the best way to take Carnitine and the one that has worked the best for me is to take it once I'm done with 75% of my weightlifting workout and then to start the Cardio. That way, my body will be able to use Carnitine more effectively as the Glycogen is already gone so the body will switch to other energy sources.

EFFECTIVENESS

Considering that I was already out of Glycogen or I've used a lot of it, it was going to be easier to see the energy effects of Carnitine. So did it work? IMO, yes it did. Thermogenesis is an organism's capacity of generating heat due to metabolic reactions. The thermogenesis was clearly felt because of all the abundant sweating but it's not like the stimulant thermogenesis produced by stimulant ingredients. With non-stimulant ingredients like Carnitine, you have to start working out first so you can then feel the effects so you have to give it a bit of time after you already start. Sweat is a signal of thermogenesis as your body is excreting the sweat because your internal body temperature is higher. The difference between taking it and not taking it was very significant. I didn't take this Carnitine everyday which was one of the reasons I took longer to finish this product.

Another aspect I felt a lot was energy. I could run for more minutes than I'm used to and still have lot of energy. I beat my friend in a 2km race (I usually always lose vs him) and of course I didn't give him a second race hahaha! Every time I took this, I was able to workout for a longer time and have clean energy available. Like I said above, the non-stimulant effect requires you to start doing the activity in order to feel the difference. If you just consume it and continue with your normal life, you probably won't feel it, which is why IMO some people say Carnitine doesn't work.

Those both effects allowed the third effect to happen, the "improved athletic performance". It helped with fat? Yes it did, I could notice it because of my pants but the results are going to depend more on your diet and training and not a supplement. Supplements are just a small percentage of the equation and the Carnitine helped in that small percent. It's funny how people want supplements to do 80% of the job when supplements just represent 10% (maybe a bit more if you take more) of the equation. So overall all the claims were met. If I would have taken this everyday, results could have been slightly better IMO but I'm satisfied.

VALUE

I was able to find this product for $19.99 on Amazon, CampusProtein, Coalition Nutrition, Evas Supplements. You can find other Liquid Carnitines with 3g dose a bit cheaper but it's because they only use the basic L-Carnitine. Remember VMI Sports is using 3 forms of L-Carnitine, which is better and obviously more expensive. Each form is also correctly dosed, not the best dose but it's a good dose, it's far from being underdosed so I think it's a good price.

SIDE EFFECTS

None but I would advise not mixing Carnitine with BCAA/Aminos as it can sometimes cause upset stomach, it's better to take it on empty stomach.

CONCLUSION

VMI L-Carnitine 3000 is a very interesting product as it has 3 forms of L-Carnitine. This is something new in the industry as most products if not all, have only the basic L-Carnitine form so good job for VMI. Effectiveness was high, I could notice the effects of Carnitine every time I took it. Taking this supplement along with a stimulant fat burner and having your diet (atleast with moderate calories) and training in check, you're definitely going to reduce weight and fat. You're going to sweat more, have more energy, you will be able to train better and for a longer time. Losing weight and fat is a middle to long term process, not a 30 day process. If it was a 30 day process, we would all be with low fat and great weight. Just remember the elements of the equation I put above and you will get results.

August 19, 2018

Pros:
       Cons:
      • Fully Disclosed
      • 7g BCAA InstAminos
      • Lot Of Flavors
      • Nice Name
      • Nice Colors
      • Interesting Ingredients
      • Moderate Hydration
      • Low Price
      • Magnesium Glycinate Glutamine Chelate
      • Reduced Fatigue
      • Only 30 Servings
      • Weak Taste If Not Very Cold Water
      • Hydration Could Be Better

I took days writing this review, weeks if you count that what I was writing got lost twice! It will take you minutes to read my review if you want to read something interesting ;)

INTRODUCTION

Thanks once again to VMI SPORTS for constantly participating in the SR TROOP program and to SupplementReviews for making this connection possible. I lift weights from Monday to Friday, right now, just lifting to preserve and maintain muscle and also reduce my body weight and fat.

INGREDIENT PROFILE

25mg of Vitamin B6 (1250% DV) + 30mcg of Vitamin B12 (500...

INGREDIENT PROFILE

25mg of Vitamin B6 (1250% DV) + 30mcg of Vitamin B12 (500% DV). Good additions but if you take a preworkout that already has these 2 vitamins, then watch out. Maybe the Vitamin B6 is too high considering we usually also get it from other sources.

Then we have 7g of BCAAs (as InstAminos) in a 2:1:1 ratio so it would be (3.5g Leucine, 1.75g Isoleucine and 1.75g Valine). 7g is more than the standard 4-5g so it's great. It's also the patented InstAminos version so even better. Not the biggest fan of the 2:1:1 ratio though. Then we have 1.25g of Betaine. Betaine has a lot of overall and performance benefits and like SR says: "Betaine's major benefits in the body stem from its ability to act as a methyl donor, meaning it can donate one if its methyl groups to another molecule that may be in need to complete a biological process." I like this inclusion of Betaine. It's not the full dose but it's alright, I don't expect full dose on every ingredient. They say they added Betaine for Strength and yes, Betaine is for that but also it works great with Creatine (another ingredient for strength).

Then we got the TRAACS electrolytes (great) + Sodium Chloride (electrolyte) and finally we got 400mg of Magnesium Glycinate Glutamine Chelate (MGG). I read 2 studies of this ingredient and the product itself explains what's MGG. They say "it's Glutamine bound to a Magnesium molecule. Glutamine alone is not enough! Magnesium works synergistically for recovery and muscle repair. This powerhouse combination can lead to improved repair and preservation of muscle tissue." They forgot to say it has Glycine too.

They made 2 studies on this ingredient MGG. The first study demonstrated the increase on plasma glutamine levels using only 240mg of Glutamine (stabilized in this new form MGG). And the second study compared the effects on lean body mass of people taking MGG and people taking testosterone as anabolic steroid. Surprisingly, "The participants in the chelate group who were taking the non-steroid anabolic formulation (the magnesium glycyl glutamine chelate) had a mean increase in lean body mass (muscle) of 7.04 pounds (3.2 kg). During that same period, the anabolic steroid group that consumed the testosterone had a mean increase in its lean body mass of 6.6 pounds (3.0 kg)."

If you would like to read the complete information of this ingredient, read it here: https://nvienutrition.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/03/Magnesium-Glycyl-Glutamine-and-Anabolic-Study.pdf Pages 1-5 general info and pages 5-10 is the info of the studies.

My thoughts: Sounds interesting, very interesting but very hard to believe that little amount of Glutamine (even if it's stabilized) and the combination with Magnesium can have so much benefits. The product includes the 400mg used in the study though so that's good.

More information of the product: https://www.vmisports.com/blogs/news/aminogex-ultra-bcaas-lift-longer-grow-stronger and here: https://www.vmisports.com/products/aminogex-ultra-bcaa-powder

TASTE/MIXABILITY/DOSING

*TASTE: I requested any of these 3 flavors: Tropical Mango, Pina Colada or Sweet Iced Tea. I received Tropical Mango. I've tried this flavor before, they sent me a sample of this flavor back when I tried their preworkout VMI K-XR and I loved it back then. The thing is when I tried it this time, I was a bit dissapointed because the flavor was "too light" and I like a stronger taste. 1 week and a half before the product was finished, I tried it with very cold water and bam! I nailed it, I finally found how to make the taste be stronger, simply with very cold water. Bad thing was that I only had 1.5 weeks left with the product lol.

Other flavors available: Cherry Lime Italian Ice, Pink Lemonade, Orange Ice Pop, Pina Colada and Sweet Iced Tea. I received 1 sample of Pink Lemonade, Cherry Lime Italian Ice, Pina Colada and Orange Ice Pop. I was able to try Pink Lemonade (8/10), Pina Colada (9/10) and Orange Ice Pop (8/10). I had to give Cherry Lime to someone else (that's the bad thing of opening your package in front of someone else lol) BUT I tried that one also as a sample when they sent me VMI K-XR and back then, I didn't like it.

MIXABILITY: No problems.

DOSING: Feel free to take it anytime you want. Pre-Intra-Post or anytime during the day. I took it as my drink with one of my meals. I know that's not the traditional moment to take it but I was more interested in its muscle building/preservation properties than its performance/strength properties. I did try it 2 or 3 times intra-workout though.

EFFECTIVENESS

I started using VMI Aminogex Ultra (this product) the same day I also started using VMI Protolyte and like I said in that review, the first week was very surprising, I was in shock that after coming back from sickness, I was able to have a week without muscle soreness! But after that week, everything went back to normal. Sometimes taking amino acids with food can make your stomach upset but it wasn't the case with Aminogex Ultra. But where did this idea came from?

Also this from the same source: "It tends to be taken either in a fasted state or alongside meals with an inherently low protein content (or protein sources that are low in leucine)." From VMI Sports: "This (taking it in-between meals) can help cause anabolic spikes throughout the day to promote muscle growth by the stimulation of M-TORC1 via Leucine ingestion."

Seeing the benefits of muscle growth and increase on lean body mass because of the ingredients (BCAA, MGG, Betaine) require more time and specific tests that I obviously didn't make. I'm not on caloric deficit but I reduced my calories a lot so my main goal is to preserve/maintain muscle, I know I'm not going to build muscle fast with the calories I'm eating and it got the job done. I tried it 2-3 times intra-workout and couldn't notice much but I honestly didn't pay much attention here. I should try it intra-workout some other moment to perceive the benefits more. Looking at the ingredients, it should work great intra-workout.

About Hydration, I tried it like 3-4 times when I was very thirsty during a normal non-workout day and I wasn't impressed. It worked but only for like an hour. After that hour, I had to go and drink water to control my thirst. It's not completely bad because it worked for some time but it wasn't like I expected.

VALUE

Like other SR users have said here, the product shines here. You can get it on Amazon for $22.85 and $23 but you can't trust the stability of Amazon prices lol, hopefully it stays that way. Other retailers have it for $28.99, $29.99. If it can stay $25 and below, it's going to be great. More than $25 and until $30, it's not the best but it's fair. More than $30, nope, run away.

SIDE EFFECTS

CONCLUSION

Interesting ingredients (especially that MGG ingredient), great profile, nice colors, nice name, delicious tasting flavors, 7g of patented BCAAs (InstAminos), not the full clinical dose of Betaine but extra Betaine is always good news, hydration is there but can be better, does the job. Remember to use very cold water for a more delicious taste.

SUGGESTIONS FOR THE COMPANY

1. If you can sell 30 servings of this product for that price, then making a 60 serving container would be a excellent idea in terms of effectiveness and price. Hope you do it. Remember you also put on the bottle's label that 1x improves endurance and 1x twice is maximum recovery. Making it 60 scoops would allow people to have maximum recovery and still get 30 servings (2 scoops per day).

2. Consider reducing the Vitamin B6 dose, just a little bit. This is powdered form, I don't see the need of having 1250% of DV.

August 12, 2018

Pros:
       Cons:
      • Quality Ingredients
      • Digestive Enzymes
      • Lot Of Flavors Available
      • Great Macros
      • Non GMO
      • TRAACS Electrolytes And Minerals
      • Better Recovery
      • Mixes Perfectly
      • May Be Pricey To Some

INTRODUCTION

Thanks to VMI SPORTS for constantly participating in the SR TROOP program and to SupplementReviews for making this connection possible. I lift 5 days per week, from Monday to Friday.

Calories: 105

Protein: 24g

Type of Protein: Whey Protein Isolate
      Form of Processing: Cold Processed
      BCAA (coming from Protein): 5.3g
      Extras: Gluten Free, Lactose Free, Non GMO, Aspartame Free, Patented Electrolytes (500mg Magnesium Bisglycinate Chelate, 300mg Calcium Bisglycinate Chelate, 183mg Potassium Glycinate Complex and 8mg Chromium Nicotinate Glycinate Chelate), Digestive Enzymes (Protease 1, Protease 11, Amylase, Lipase, Lactase).

Comments: Those are all great forms of electrolytes so well done VMI. The cholesterol is also very low which is good. Great profile.

VMI has a FAQ section of this protein here: https://www.vmisports.com/products/protolyte-whey-isolate if you need more information.

TASTE/MIXABILITY/DOSING

*TASTE: I received Vanilla Peanut Butter. I don't like Vanilla flavored proteins (except Pro-Antium) but the inclusion of Peanut Butter is worth it to improve the taste. It's not very delicious but it's alright, I give it a 7/10. At the end it's a Whey Isolate protein, I don't expect it to taste better than a protein that has Whey Concentrate. With milk it's 8/10.

They sent me 1 sample of these flavors: Orange Dreamsicle (7.5/10), Chocolate Peanut Butter (8/10), Snickerdoodle (7/10), Strawberry (8/10). Surprisingly, Strawberry was the best along with Chocolate Peanut Butter. I thought Strawberry was going to be the worst lol. All were tried with Water.

MIXABILITY: No problems here.

DOSING: I took 1 scoop post-workout, sometimes inmediately post-workout and other times it was like 2 hours before bed.

EFFECTIVENESS

The first week of taking this I was very surprised because muscle soreness was zero, nothing! That's even more surprising because the week before, I was sick and wasn't able to lift so my soreness had to be higher but surprisingly it wasn't the case. I thought it was going to be an epic month with no pain! The following week, reality gave me a punch and woke me up from my 'painless dream' lol.

But Protolyte worked alright. Fast digestion (1-1.5hrs), no side effects, helped maintain muscle, helped to keep lifting daily, useful for adding protein to any meal with low protein amount.

VALUE

You can find the 1.6lbs size for $39.99 around the web (Suppz, Tigerfitness, Amazon, etc.), $34.99 (AllStarHealth) and +$45 (other websites). The most I would pay for a protein of this size is $35, not more than that. Using those patented electrolytes seems expensive though so you're probably getting what you pay for. The 4.6lbs size container is not so widely available and you can get it for $75-$80. That gives you 70 servings. The $75-80 for the bigger size is the "average" of this protein category (Whey Isolate only proteins).

So overall, it's not a bad price, you're paying what you get. I would suggest buying other things and finding coupons/promos/discounts to lower the overall price. I raised the Value a bit more (from 7 to 7.5) because I compared it with other competitors and their proteins only have Protein without anything extra. VMI's website sometimes also has a coupon discount (most brand websites do) so you could get the 4.6lbs for $64 if you get a 20% off coupon.

SIDE EFFECTS

CONCLUSION

Good taste. Great profile. If the extra ingredients are worth it depends on you but I can't deny their top quality so you're paying for what you get. I don't have complaints about this protein, I just think Isolate only proteins have their own target.

Overall
      Thanks to Flex Nutrition for sending it out!
        August 11, 2018

Pros:
       Cons:
      • Endurance Boost
      • 33 Servings
      • Nice Name
      • D-Ribose
      • Kre-Alkalyn
      • AminoZorb
      • Lot Of Foam
      • Doses Could Be Higher
      • Might Need More Ingredients
      • Clumps

Interesting formula with quality patented technology like AminoZorb and Kre-Alkalyn but it either needs more dose of each of those 2 ingredients and/or the product itself needs more ingredients to be considered in my "elite preworkout" list. However, it will still push you to make good progress in your workout. I invite you to read my suggestions for the company.

INTRODUCTION

Thanks to Flex Nutrition for participating in the SR TROOP program, allowing me to try this interesting preworkout and SupplementReviews for making this connection possible. I love preworkouts, you love preworkouts, we all love preworkouts. And if you don't love them, then you haven't tried one correctly or haven't tried the correct one. I lift from Monday-Friday so I need preworkouts to help me keep pushing and pulling!

INGREDIENT PROFILE

Flex Nutrition explains every ingredient they added here: https://flexnutrition.net/product/rocket-fuel/ so I'll try to put just the 'most popular benefits'.

5g of Citrulline Malate for Increased Pumps, Vascularity, Performance, etc. For more benefits and how it works, read here: https://supplementreviews.com/ingredients/citrulline-malate or read the link at the beginning of this section. We don't know if it's a 2:1 ratio or 1:1 or even if it's more Malic Acid than Citrulline. Unfortunately, the product nor the website say what's the ratio of their Citrulline Malate, it's important to know the ratio. It's a good 'healthy' or 'balanced' dose. 6g or more can sometimes send you to a bathroom trip before working out.

3g of patented Beta Alanine (CarnoSyn) for increased performance, strength, delay fatigue, train for longer time, etc. For more benefits and how it works, read here: https://supplementreviews.com/ingredients/beta-alanine or read the link at the beginning of this section. Very good dose.

2g of D-Ribose: It's involved in the production of ATP (active energy). For more info, check the brand's website at the beginning of this section.

2g AminoZorb which is enzymatic buffered Leucine, Isoleucine, Valine 2:1:1 ratio. The brand's website says: "AminoZorb BCAA patent pending process makes this branch chain completely stable in solution and water soluble." A bit more info about it of the brand owner of the patent: http://allamericanpharmaceutical.com/Docs/AminoZorb/AminoZorb.pdf This ingredient is new to me and to this industry, it's still "patent pending".

1.5g of Kre-Alkalyn. It's Creatine that has been processed to have a "pH" of 12, so it doesn't convert into Creatinine. The Creatine molecules are more stable. I haven't tried this form of Creatine by itself so I can't say if it's more effective than other forms of Creatine. This is the dose used by the product that has this ingredient by itself so I guess it's ok. Considering the price of this product, I would have liked to see more dose though. Check the brand's website at the beginning for more info.

1g of Tyrosine. From NOW L-Tyrosine's product: "L-Tyrosine is an essential amino acid and a precursor of the neurotransmitters dopamine, norepinephrine to help maintain normal and health mental functions and support your mood or well-being. In addition L-Tyrosine may also support healthy adrenal, thyroid and pituitary function. One thing it also does is convert to the thyroid hormone thyroxin. This plays an important role in controlling metabolic rate, not to mention skin health, mental health, and growth rate!" Good dose. The minimum you want to see is 500mg.

325mg of Caffeine for energy, alertness, focus, mood, etc. This dose is high but considering it's the only stimulant in this formula, then I think this high dose is necessary.

I give it a 7.5/10 here. I like the idea they tried to do. They kept it "simple" by the amount of ingredients used but also tried to put some interesting ingredients in here. The problem with that is for example "D-Ribose". Yes, it's involved in ATP production but it's 2g a significant amount? I read any amount can be beneficial but I also read doses above 5g were needed. The AminoZorb is interesting but 2g? :/ dissapointed with that dose because of the price you ask for this product. 1.5g of Kre-Alkalyn seems to be the standard but again, for the price you ask for, you should add more.

TASTE/MIXABILITY/DOSING

TASTE: I received the Fruit Punch flavor. It seems to be the only one available right now. The initial taste isn't so pleasant but as you keep drinking, the taste gets better and better, reminding me of a natural fruit punch flavor. At the end of the flavor and the aftertaste, you will feel it.

MIXABILITY: The bad thing is the huge foam :/ It's not a foam that goes away easily, you have to swirl the liquid as you drink and also let it sit for a couple of minutes. This needs to be fixed. Also, the powder was clumped before opening. It wasn't a big problem because the clumps were not solid but it's still a minor problem that needs to be fixed if you pretend this to be commercialized.

DOSING: 1 scoop 30-45 minutes before working out.

SERVINGS: 33

EFFECTIVENESS

Right now I'm not lifting like before so won't separate this into several sections like I always do. I think the best attribute of this preworkout was the energy and endurance/performance part. Even though Caffeine is the only stimulant, the 325mg did a great job to last the whole workout. The endurance/performance was remarkable, I could easily do combined exercises/supersets although I'm already used to that. The Focus was alright but not outstanding. I'm not lifting for Strength right now so won't judge it so much here. I didn't feel increase on strength. Pump was higher than average but no skin splitting pumps.

So overall, it did a good job, but it's not an elite preworkout. It's in a "higher than average" category.

VALUE

It seems to be only available on the brand's website: https://flexnutrition.net/product/rocket-fuel/ for $49.49. Usually the price the brands have on their website is not the real retail price they expect to sell their product but considering it's the only place available to buy and with that price, I have to judge it based on that price of $49.49. It's too expensive.

Even though putting the Kre-Alkalyn and AminoZorb patented ingredients is expensive, I think the dose included doesn't justify the high price. It's only 2g of AminoZorb BCAA and 1.5g of Kre-Alkalyn. If we were talking about 4g and 3g respectively, then maybe it would be more justified because it would be like buying Aminos + Preworkout in 1 single product, 2 in 1, and therefore, it would be more justified. Also it only has 1 ingredient for Pumps, which is Citrulline Malate, so IMO, it lacks more ingredients and doses of some ingredients included to justify that high price.

SUGGESTIONS FOR THE COMPANY

1. Add more ingredients to justify the high price.
      2. If you don't want to add more ingredients because you want to keep it simple, then fine, but then double the dose of AminoZorb, D-Ribose and Kre-Alkalyn to 4g, 4g and 3g respectively. Maybe it could take this preworkout to a next level and keeping it "simple".
      3. Please solve the huge foam generated.
      4. Please also solve the clumps, if you don't do anything about this, sooner or later the product will fail, retailers will lose money because people won't buy it because it's clumped.
      5. Disclose the Citrulline Malate ratio (2:1, 1:1, etc).

July 21, 2018

Pros:
       Cons:
      • Keeps You Full
      • Nice Colors
      • Nice Graphics
      • Prime Ingredients
      • Mixes Effortlessly
      • Amazing Taste
      • Good Meal Replacment
      • Smooth Digestion
      • Not Cost Effective At 4 Scoops

INTRODUCTION

Thank you to VMI SPORTS for participating in the SR TROOP program and also for actively responding to messages. Thanks to SupplementReviews for making the connection brand-consumer possible. After finishing my weight/fat loss "program", I wanted to gain a bit of lean mass so this was the perfect opportunity to try VMI Major Mass. Let's see how it ended.

INGREDIENT PROFILE

2 scoops has: 30 servings, 250 calories, 6g Total Fat (3.5g Saturated), 58mg Cholesterol (19% DV), 30g Total Carbohydrates (10g from Sugar) and 20g Protein. The product does a good job classifying each ingredient into the Protein, Carbohydrate and Fat category.

Protein sources are: Whey Protein Concentrate, Whole Milk Powder, Whey Protein Isolate, Milk Protein Isolate. Unfortunately, it doesn't say how much amount of each protein because from those 20g, 15g could be from Whey Protein Concentrate and Whole Milk Powder, which would be dissapointing. But I would like to think that each Protein has 5g, which is alright. Overall, good protein sources.

Time Released Carbohydrate Blend: Maltodextrin, Legume based starch derived from Pisum Sativum (peas) (as Carb10 patented), Dextrose, Cocoa.

Fat Blend: Coconut Oil Creamer, Avocado Oil Powder, Coconut Oil Powder and MCT Powder.

And they also use "Digestisorb" which is a trademarked enzyme blend from VMI Sports to improve digestion, decrease bloat and increase nutrient delivery.

I give it a 9/10 here. Excellent ingredients, not a 10/10 because I don't know the exact amount of each protein form.

TASTE/MIXABILITY/DOSING

TASTE: I requested other flavors but I guess they wanted us to try their 3 new flavors: Apple Pie Ala Mode, Chocolate Milkshake and Peanut Butter Cookie. I received the Chocolate Milkshake flavor. PERFECT 10/10. Impossible to improve. It tastes exactly as a Chocolate Milkshake should taste. With water it's delicious, with milk it's fantastic! They sent 1/4 sample (yea not a sample of 1 serving lol) of the other flavors they have. I had to use only 2oz of liquid for each 1/4 sample to try the flavor. My first impression is that they are all great.

MIXABILITY: No problems mixing the powder. However, a very small amount of powder constantly would be on the walls of the shaker. Nothing significant but had to mention it. Just remember, liquid first!

DOSING: I just wanted some extra calories so I only took 2 scoops daily. Once or twice I tried it with 3-4 scoops but usually I only did 2 scoops as my breakfast drink. A great and tasty way to start the day :D

EFFECTIVENESS

Being a lean mass gainer, I expected to increase a few pounds. But unfortunately, during my consumption, I got sick twice in a month! (not caused by this product). So instead of increasing the few pounds I wanted, I actually decreased a few pounds lol. That was because the days I was sick, I couldn't eat so much.

However, I noticed I didn't lose muscle significantly so that's something positive. This product was very effective giving me the 20 grams of Protein + my breakfast protein daily, also a little dose of 10g of Sugar (maybe would have liked a bit less grams here) to start the day with a few carbs and keeping me full longer until lunch time. The digestion was smooth, without problems so good job for the patented enzymes added. I didn't feel "heavy" after drinking this. All these effects combined with a very delicious taste.

VALUE

VMI's website has it for $59.99 but you're not expected to buy it from there so I won't even judge that price. Campus Protein has it for $39.99 ($35.99 if you have it delivered every X time. Suppz has it for $38.99, other retailers for $45.99 and $49.99. My Rating of "8" goes to any value that is not higher than $40. More than $40 reduces my Value score. You're getting high quality ingredients so obviously this product will be more expensive than lot of Weight Gainers out there.

SIDE EFFECTS

CONCLUSION

There are a lot of weight gainers out there but they are usually full of "stuff" you might not want and they don't taste so well by themselves. The biggest accomplishment by VMI Sports is that they made a Weight Gainer full of high quality ingredients, it doesn't have ingredients you might not want and they also made it have a very delicious taste by itself. This product also belongs to the subcategory of "Lean Mass Gainer" and not the overall category of "Weight Gainers". My only 2 critics would be the sugar amount (20g is high if you consume 4 scoops), I would prefer something like 15g sugar with 4 scoops and 7.5g sugar with 2 scoops. Not a big problem though. The other critic is that I don't know the exact amount of each protein form. Not a big deal either.

SUGGESTIONS FOR THE COMPANY

1. Change it to 7.5g sugar for 2 scoops and 15g sugar for 4 scoops.
      2. Disclose the amount of each protein form.
      3. Maybe think about having a bigger size container available.

*None of my suggestions are really that important but it would make the product even better than what it is already.

(SR paid for product; MuscleTech did not participate)
        June 21, 2018

Pros:
       Cons:
      • Great Value
      • Thermogenesis
      • Better Sensorial Effects
      • Good Formula
      • Good Mood
      • Weight Loss
      • Fat Loss
      • Apettite Control Could Be Better

QUICK SUMMARY

Went down from 205-210lbs to 189lbs. How? Then time to read...

QUICK SUMMARY

Went down from 205-210lbs to 189lbs. How? Then time to read...

INTRODUCTION

Thanks to SupplementReviews represented by user @Clipper83 for giving me the opportunity to try this full product: MuscleTech Hydroxycut Elite 100 caps. I've always been bulking, all my life. I had a plan of losing some weight and fat this year and Clipper convinced me to start my plan earlier by trying Hydroxycut Elite 100 capsules so I did. It was more of an experiment with myself considering I've never done it before. But as a general recommendation, if you pretend to lose weight and fat, a supplement by itself won't do that job for you. For you to do it successfully, you need to have the 4 elements: Diet, Exercise, Lifestyle, Supplements. Those 4 elements need to have the aim of losing weight and fat.

The weight/fat loss objective is a medium/long term PROCESS, you won't be losing too much weight/fat per week or month unless you're obese. Just like you didn't gain that weight/fat in a couple of days nor weeks, then that same way you're going to lose weight/fat. The important thing is to do your plan is a consistent, disciplined way. Details of what I did with each of the 4 elements I mentioned will be below.

INGREDIENT PROFILE

This product has 100 capsules. The dose of each ingredient will be based on 2 capsules.

- 270mg of Caffeine Anhydrous for energy, alertness, focus, mood, etc. For more info and benefits of Caffeine, you can read here: https://supplementreviews.com/ingredients/caffeine If you take a Stimulant Preworkout, then you will have problems taking the 270mg of Caffeine Anhydrous from Hydroxycut Elite so watch out. I was taking Redcon1 Total War while taking Hydroxycut Elite so the Caffeine and other stimulants were hitting me hard lol.

- 200mg of C. Canephora Robusta Extract (bean) (robusta coffee): This is Hydroxycut's main and key ingredient. Most of their products use this ingredient. So what is this? It's a non-stimulant green coffee bean. From Hydroxycut.com: "C. canephora robusta beans are premium coffee beans that have not yet been roasted and, as a result, have a high level of chlorogenic acid. Hydroxycut uses a robusta coffee extract that has been produced to supply a standardized dose with 45% chlorogenic acid."

MuscleTech constantly cites this extract from a study: "In one study, subjects taking the primary ingredient (C. Canephora Robusta) in Hydroxycut Hardcore Elite for 60 days lost, on average, 10.95lbs versus the placebo group, who lost an average of 5.40lbs. Both groups followed a low calorie diet. In a separate 8 week study, subjects using the same key ingredient lost an average of 3.7lbs versus subjects using a placebo, who lost an average of 1.25lbs. Both groups followed a calorie reduced diet and performed moderate exercise." Here's the link of the full study on the ingredient where MuscleTech takes out the extract from: https://16rl2t10lsf81yu9ul43w5vn-wpengine.netdna-ssl.com/wp-content/uploads/Dellalibera2006.pdf

Other 2 studies:

- 100mg of Coleus Extract (as Coleus Forskohlii) (root) standardized for Forskolin: Another good ingredient like the 2 above. Examine.com says it has several benefits like increase testosterone levels, protect against cancer and inflammation (thanks to Forskolin). It also states this: "Forskolin increases cellular levels of a molecule called cyclic adenosine monophosphate (cAMP). Elevated cAMP levels are associated with increased rates of fat loss, and can improve the effects of other fat burning compounds (Caffeine and Yohimbine for example)." They also suggest a 500mg dose daily with 10% Forskolin although they don't know what's the optimal dose. 100mg seems to be low but the Forskolin percent is unknown so I can't conclude if those 100mg are low or not. Even if it was only 100mg, consider that it's based on 2 capsules and also consider that this ingredient was most likely added to work well together with Caffeine and Yohimbine. I would suggest reading more about this ingredient here, as it has a lot of benefits and potential benefits: https://examine.com/supplements/coleus-forskohlii/

- 100mg L-Theanine: This ingredient isn't for weight/fat loss but it was added to keep the stimulants "under control" and work well with them as it helps with relaxation, anxiety, stress, etc. I would have maybe liked a slightly higher dose, not a big deal though.

- 100mg of Theobroma Cacao seed standardized for Theobromine. SR says: "Cocoa extract that exhibits a stimulant-like effect similar to caffeine, but much smoother and longer-lasting." Read more about Theobromine here: https://supplementreviews.com/ingredients/theobromine The thing is we don't know how much Theobromine this has, however, just like Theanine, this is supposed to work well together with the other ingredients.

- 56.3mg Yohimbe extract (as Pausinystalia Yohimbe) (bark) standardized for 6% yohimbine supplying Rauwolscine. I love this ingredient because of how effective it is. I think the studies are also solid. The thing is it's a bit "easy" for this ingredient to cause some unwanted side effects, that's why supplements have to be careful when adding it to their formulas. So Yohimbe is effective for fat burning, increasing libido, increases adrenaline levels and other benefits. For more info read here: https://examine.com/supplements/yohimbine/

So we got 4 ingredients for fat/weight loss directly and 2 other ingredients to help handle those 4 ingredients. Sounds good to me. 9/10

SIZE/DOSING

Size: Capsule size wasn't a problem, the caps are small-medium size and are easy to swallow. I received the 100 capsule bottle. I think they had a 200 capsule bottle before but I think it's discontinued.

Dosing: The product has like a table with "suggested usage or directions". They say Day 1 & 2: 1 cap daily, Day 3 & 4: 2 caps daily, Day 5 & 6: 2 caps with meal 1 and 1 cap with meal 2, Day 7 & beyond: 2 caps, twice daily. Considering I was also using a Stimulant Pre-Workout (Redcon1 Total War), then I decided to only use 2 capsules daily, 1 capsule inmediately after waking up (30-60 mins before breakfast) and 1 capsule 30-60 minutes before lunch. They were not my biggest meals but my biggest meal is usually dinner but I couldn't take 1 cap before dinner lol. I tried it like 2 or 3 times and had problems sleeping.

EFFECTIVENESS

Purpose: Some weight and fat loss (especially this).
      Height: 5'11
      Initial weight: Something between 205-210lbs. My scale was damaged but it wasn't more than that nor less than that.
      Final weight: 189lbs (uploaded proof below).

So my plan was the following: Reduce my calories significantly (I don't track my calories but it was something between 500-1000 calories less than usual). I was only eating Breakfast, Lunch and Dinner, moderate portions, no Snacks between meals. Exercise consisted of Weightlifting first and Cardio at the end. Hydroxycut Elite inmediately after waking up and 30-60 minutes before lunch. I replaced sugary drinks (soda, juices, etc) with Aminoacids (Ronnie Coleman Amino-Tone), Protein and sometimes even Water (I hate eating food with water but sometimes it was ok). I kept my water intake high during the day for increased & improved metabolism, better digestion, etc. I also reduced my sugar intake drastically (no donuts, no cakes, no ice cream, no cookies, no candies, no sugary drinks, nothing with sugar). My sugar amount wasn't zero but it was low (something between 5-10g max) and I was happy with that. I also chewed food slower and drank liquid with every food intake. Drinking liquid WHILE eating slower will make you feel full faster.

The capsule inmediately after waking up helped a lot. I probably felt it the most because it was the first thing taken on empty stomach. It was only 1 capsule but the effects were like if I took 2. Thermogenic effect was felt, energy effect was felt, better mood was felt (liked this effect a lot). The second capsule (the one 30-60 minutes) before lunch (pre-workout meal) had me feeling the thermogenic effect and also I felt my body was using the food ingested to burn fat and lose weight. That being said, that effect sometimes made me hungry after my lunch (preworkout meal) but it was under control because I knew I couldn't eat much because my workout was already coming 2 hours later. Here, the water and aminoacids helped a lot to keep me full and concentrated on the objective of not eating a lot.

I was surprised with what it did with my abdominal fat. I think that by the end of Week 2, I could already notice a big decrease on abdominal fat. I could easily notice this effect because of my 'Waist Protection Belt' or 'Weightlifting belt' (whatever you want to call it). It was much easier to use and even with all my stomach out, the belt kept intact. These effects kept increasing each week so I was satisfied with my fat loss. I could also notice these effects with my pants and other clothes. I lost size on other muscles but I was already expecting that. I sometimes added a protein shake to my usual daily diet to try and maintain muscle, I think I did, of course not 100% but I would say something like 80% to 90%.

Considering I was only taking 2 capsules instead of the 4 capsules (max. daily dose), I have to say that I was very impressed with my results. I couldn't believe when my weight was 195lbs and even less when I went down to 189lbs at the end of using this product! If my initial weight was 205lbs, I was expecting maybe to go down to 195lbs and if it was 210lbs I was expecting to go down to 200lbs. But 189lbs, using only 2 capsules, only 1 bottle, with reduced calories is impressive. My cravings attack me after I eat Dinner during the night. I go to bed late so cravings start attacking while I'm watching tv and doing other things. I could control this with a Protein supplement. Dealing with cravings was most difficult during the first 2 weeks but it kept getting easier each time. My mood during the night was not so good hahaha, I was kind of angry I couldn't take my sugary stuff!

I'm giving it a 9 because the only effect I felt this product wasn't so strong was in apettite reduction/control. But I wasn't expecting this product to control my apettite. I feel Protein supplements control my apettite better than any fat/weight loss product. The strategies I used to control my apettite worked (read the whole first paragraph of Effectiveness). I feel that running this on the max daily dose and/or using 2 bottles (like I think they want you to use) would have given even better results (probably with the apettite control too). Very satisfied with this product!

VALUE

Hydroxycut Elite also shines here. You can find this product on prices between $14 - $34.99. This product is always on BOGO, key word: Always. So if you're intelligent, you will look for the $29.99 BOGO deal to buy 2 bottles, which would make each bottle cost $15. Getting a BOGO deal of $34.99 would make it $17.5 per bottle, still a great deal. If you buy 1 bottle for $29.99, it's still worth it based on effectiveness but considering this product is always on BOGO at a lot of places, then that's how you should buy it, not only because of the low excellent price but also because that will guarantee 2 bottles, which means 2-4 months using it! That would be ideal, remember it's a process.

Considering I have no complaints about the Value, then I'll give it a 10. It doesn't mean there's not another product with a better value, maybe yes. But there's no way I can think of that this product can be cheaper. Constant BOGO promos (3 years and counting), individual units are also very cheap, nothing to complain. It's also available everywhere.

SIDE EFFECTS

As a product alone, none. But if you also consume stimulant pre-workouts, the effects of the high caffeine might hit you hard with a crash post-workout or even during your workout, so watch your caffeine/stimulant intake. This effect is not directly from Hydroxycut Elite, it's more because of the high caffeine intake from both products. This happened to me a couple of times but my body then adapted to this circumstance of high caffeine/stimulant.

CONCLUSION

Every claim made by the product was met. Increased thermogenesis, faster and improved metabolism, great formula with good researched ingredients, better sensorial effects, more energy, weight and fat loss. What else do you want? You put all those effects in a weight/fat loss regime and you should get good results like me. Some people take weight/fat loss products and also want to build volume and build muscle, etc. Impossible? No. But it's not realistic in the sense that it requires a lot of effort, sacrifice, food timing, accurate food measures, very high protein intake, adequate carbohydrate amount and quality, and a long etc. Most people don't do that. Then they come here or somewhere else and say their weight/fat wasn't reduced so the product didn't work lol. Of course not, you kept your carbs and/or fat high to build muscle and increase volume. I prefer and can really do only one objective (weight/fat loss in this case), which is why I talked about muscle MAINTENANCE.

SUGGESTIONS FOR THE COMPANY

1. Considering you make a lot of products, I would suggest making another product (without discontinuing Hydroxycut Elite) that puts emphasis (high dose) on Coleus Extract. That ingredient seems to have a lot of potential.