MarsheS

SR TROOPer

• Member has been active for 2 years, and was last online today
  • Social media account not linked

Reviews by MarsheS

(SR paid for product; Insane Labz did not participate)

INTRODUCTION

What's up Supplement Reviews. It's time to review Insane Veinz from the brand Insane Labz. Thanks to SupplementReviews for buying this so I could try it. Sorry for the delay, it's just that sometimes I had to stop taking this because I wanted to see the effects of other supplements I was also taking. When you check the name of the product, you're probably expecting a review of me judging the Pump and Vascularity but that would be an incomplete way of judging products like this. It's all about getting most of the benefits Nitric Oxide can give us and they are way more than just getting Pump and Vascularity. Knowing this, let's see how it worked...

INGREDIENT PROFILE

Proprietary Blend! Informed consumers hate them but we have to understand that it's important to protect the formula. I don't mind Proprietary Blends, as long as they work and I don't feel the ingredients in the blend are underdosed. Considering the first review didn't talk deeply about the ingredients and that SR paid for this, then I'll proceed to talk about them:

+ It starts with 200mg of Sodium Chloride (NaCl - a.k.a. Salt) which is 8% of Daily Value. Why add salt? Salt, with valid and invalid reasons, has been demonized by some people. Salt is important for several health benefits and can also benefit us weight lifters. Elevated levels of Nitric Oxide can decrease our blood pressure. Sodium Chloride helps to maintain normal blood pressure. It doesn't mean you have to abuse though, not excessive salt and not excessive Nitric Oxide. Excessive salt can cause high blood pressure so keep it balanced. It also helps our nerves transmit signals and helps the body maintain fluid balance. Salt also helps to regulate Muscle contractions, eliminate excessive carbon dioxide, helps with glucose absorption and many other benefits. So good job adding this.

+ 1,250mg of Agmatine Sulfate. First, good job for telling us the amount of the main ingredient. This is the main ingredient of Insane Veinz so it's important to know the amount we're getting. The average amount of Agmatine Sulfate is 500mg approximately (sometimes even 250mg). Insane Veinz gives us 1,250mg! That's a very high amount. Agmatine is one of the best ingredients to elevate nitric oxide levels and get pumps + vascularity. Some people require high doses, others with 500mg are already happy. Agmatine activates the production of Nitric Oxide. Agmatine also protects the brain from toxins and other health problems. Human studies are very limited but the experience weight lifters have had with this ingredient are positive. If you're going to take a high dose like this one, then try to take it separated from supplements containing D-Aspartic Acid, L-Arginine, L-Citrulline, Yohimbe, Rauwolscine, atleast until more human studies become available.

THE START OF THE PROPIETARY BLEND:
The Proprietary Blend's total amount is 2,290mg. Out of those, 1,250mg is from Agmatine Sulfate so that leaves us with 1,040mg to distribute between 3 ingredients:

+ Betaine Anhydrous: Betaine has various benefits like promoting cell hydration, improving performance, strength, endurance, slightly decreasing Cortisol, might increase Nitric Oxide and will help you build muscle. The lowest active dose seems to be 500mg but for performance benefits, the amount has to be higher so it might seem this is underdosed. The amount of other supplements are 1.25g-2.50g and studies have used those high amounts so this seems underdosed. You might still be able to feel some benefits though because it's close to the lowest active dose.

+ Beet Root Extract: I hate beets lol. I've never taken this ingredient alone but the Pump supplements that include it have worked well for me. It's included for its high nitrate amount but Insane Veinz tells us this has 1% Nitrate. It sounds very low but I don't know if that 1% is ok or not.

+ And finally the last ingredient: Russian Tarragon Extract: It's difficult to find the reasons of why they added this. It seems to increase creatine uptake without needing any carbohydrates, with a 1,000mg dose combined with 5g Creapure... Insane Veinz doesn't have any Creapure though.

EFFECTIVENESS

Like I said, I won't only judge Pump and Vascularity because the main aspect is to increase nitric oxide levels and get the benefits that come with that. Some of those benefits can be: Better recovery post-workout by allowing more oxygen and nutrients to go to the muscles, increase strength, endurance, facilitate the elimination of lactic acid accumulation produced by the exercises, reduces fatigue, recovery between sets, helps the immune system to combat bacterias, helps with memory, Pump, Vascularity, etc.

I tried Insane Veinz by itself and then combined with a preworkout and it worked well both times. I was surprised by how it worked by itself, I wasn't expecting much but it was effective with the muscle fullness and vascularity but also with the improved endurance, reduced fatigue and faster recovery between sets. Surprisingly, the last 3 effects were felt more when taken alone than when combined with a preworkout (atleast the one I tried). With the preworkout, it worked alright, it was effective but considering how it worked alone, I was expecting a bit more when it was combined. Vascularity was still visible post-workout. Considering my body fat isn't low, then you might get even better results than me with the Vascularity part.

I usually respond well to supplements containing Agmatine and this wasn't the exception. The high dose of Agmatine helped a lot and considering I also saw the other benefits from increased nitric oxide, then I have to assume the other ingredients worked well together too. When training for strength, I usually rest 3 minutes but with Insane Veinz, my rest time was reduced to 1.5 minutes/2 minutes. Felt less tired, I sometimes thought I had I was taking caffeine but I wasn't (when taking Veinz alone). When combined with the stimulant preworkout, pump and vascularity were increased but not significantly. Could have been because my preworkout had 400mg Caffeine.

TASTE/MIXABILITY/DOSING

*TASTE: I requested Grape and got Grape. First serving: "Hey this taste is good!". The next day: "Hey this taste isn't so good as I thought..." And the next days I didn't like it :( I wouldn't say it's a bad flavor though but it's not good either. It's drinkable. The flavor at the beginning isn't so strong and it's alright but then as I drank more, I could strongly feel the artificial chemicals, that's where it gets bad lol. I gave this to 2 other persons to try and they liked the flavor. One of them loved the flavor, the other said it was alright. I say it's drinkable. So you'll have to taste it yourself lol. Insane Veinz also has Fruit Punch and Unflavored available.

*MIXABILITY: Excellent, never gave me problems mixing it. Had humidity problems but only at the end when the tub was almost finished.

*DOSING: It has 35 servings. That's a good amount of servings. When taken alone, I took 1 scoop of this 15 minutes before working out (I warm up like 20-30 minutes that's why). When taken with a stimulant preworkout, I first took Insane Veinz 45 minutes before working out and then the stimulant preworkout 15 minutes before working out. You can just put them together too and drink it 30 minutes before working out.

VALUE

Online, you can only buy it from their website for $54.95. Their website mentions some retailers that apparently have it like Complete Nutrition (their website didn't have the product), Redline Nutrition (Their website has the product name but I couldn't see any prices visible, their website seems to be having problems), Supplement Giant (they don't have it) and others so the only trusted price here is the $54.95. It's very expensive which is why I gave it a value of 6. The fair price would be $35. You can get cheaper agmatine supplements but with lower doses and only with Agmatine included. So I think $35 for 35 servings of Insane Veinz would be a fair price. They can probably reduce that price of $54.95 if they get to sell it massively. They put in some samples of Psychotic and Insane Focus. Unfortunately, I had an accident with the Psychotic sample so I couldn't try it :( I haven't tried the Insane Focus sample yet, I'm waiting for something stressful to come so I can take it lol. If money isn't an issue to you, then try it.

SIDE EFFECTS

NONE.

CONCLUSION

Insane Veinz is more than just Pump and Vascularity. Your performance will be greatly improved, fatigue will be reduced, Vascularity and Pump will be very visible, Agmatine Sulfate amount is high, it has beet root extract and betaine, flavor is drinkable, price is too expensive and... overall, effective supplement for people with good money! lol. Hope they get that price down and change that damn taste! And to finish... be careful with Jason, he might be watching you ;) *Goes and watch Jason X again after writing this review* lol.
 Pros:
 Cons:
  • Good Advertisement
  • Reduced Fatigue
  • Increased Performance
  • Cool Name
  • Cool Colors
  • Not Good Taste
  • Proprietary Blend

(Thanks to Nature Restore for sending it out!)

INTRODUCTION

What's up Supplement Reviews (SR). It's time to review "BoneBoost" from the brand "Nature Restore". This is my second attempt of writing this review. The first one got deleted accidentally when I hit the F5 button :( Lifters, including me, usually care about muscles, fat and sometimes about our joints. But a small amount of lifters care about bones, unless they get injured. But lifting isn't only about muscles and fat percentage, it's also about bones. They support a lot of the weight we lift daily and while we take supplements to recover, we usually don't take anything to recover our bones. I would consider my calcium intake to be low. I don't drink too much milk, the Calcium I take usually comes from Whey Protein supplements and the occasional glass of milk. Is it enough? For a person that doesn't lift, probably yes but for a weight lifter, I think it's not enough because apart from the potential benefit for our bones, Calcium also has various other benefits for our health. But I will concentrate on reviewing this supplement based on what it did for my bone health.

Nature Restore did a good job sending this. They gave me 2 samples and sent me like a pamphlet that has information and nutrition facts of their other products so good job doing that. Other companies should do something similar.

CLAIMS

"BoneBoost combines highly bio-available form of minerals with a proven herbal blend to support strong bones. Formulated with extracts that have shown promise in peer reviewed journals, BoneBoost is for the active person who may have concern with their bone density."

INGREDIENT PROFILE

Considering this is the first review, I'll have to mention all the ingredients this has:
- Vitamin D3 (200 iu - 33% Daily Value): Vitamin D helps to protect bones and helps with Calcium Absorption. For Calcium to be absorbed adequately, it needs Vitamin D, they have like an intimate relationship so always make sure that the Calcium supplement you get, has Vitamin D included or just make sure to take Vitamin D during your day. The 200iu amount is kind of low because the minimum should be 400iu. But I don't have a problem with that. We most likely take Vitamin D from other sources (sunlight, multivitamins, food) and it's not hugely underdosed.

- Vitamin K2 (2cmg): This Vitamin is not so popular and it's not known so much. It is believed to participate in bone metabolism preventing fractures, osteoporosis, maintaining bone strength, etc. It also works together with Vitamin D and Calcium. According to Examine.com, the minimum effective dose for Vitamin K1 is 50mcg while the minimum effective dose of Vitamin K2 (and its subdivisions) is 1,500mcg for MK-4 (one subdivision) and between 90-360mcg for MK-7. According to WebMD.com, Men aged 19+ should take 120mcg of Vitamin K per day and BoneBoost only has 2mcg :/ Heavily underdosed. I understand you expect these ingredients to work well together so I don't expect all of them to be clinically dosed but 2mcg!? Come on...

- Calcium (AlgaeCal - 400mg - 40% Daily Value): This is an organic plant based Calcium. There's not a lot of information and studies about this ingredient. It is believed AlgaeCal is more absorbable by our bodies which could also mean it's more bioavailable to our body. It is also said that AlgaeCal won't cause Constipation like other Calcium forms. This amount is okay, it's not highly dosed but not underdosed either. We can't compare this dose with other Calcium forms because even though the other forms are higher in dose, those high amounts are not completely absorbed or used by the body so it's all about what really gets absorbed.

- Magnesium Citrate (16mg - 5% Daily Value): Magnesium is very important for our body and even more when we lift weights. Lot of reactions need Magnesium to occur in our bodies. Calcium, apart from needing Vitamin D and K, also need Magnesium to increase absorption and availability and to let Magnesium do its job. Magnesium defficiency can cause a lot of problems like Arthritis and Osteoporosis. It's important that if we increase Calcium intake, we must also increase Magnesium intake and viceversa. Magnesium helps the body take calcium to the bones and participates in bone metabolism along with many other benefits. The amount of Magnesium needed is between 200-500mg so this is heavily underdosed too. Same comment I did with the Vitamin K. One thing is working together but for them to work together, atleast put them with half of the minimum dose lol. Good form of Magnesium though.

- Zinc (5mg - 40% Daily Value): Zinc stimulates the production of osteoblasts which are cells that help to form bones. They help produce collagen, calcium and other ingredients that are part of the bones. It also helps to prevent bone loss. This amount is acceptable, it's a good dose unless you have zinc defficiency. Try taking Zinc at a different time than Calcium, Magnesium and Iron because according to Examine.com, they 4 use the same transporter. "If the transporter's uptake limit (800mg) is exceeding between these four minerals, absorption rates will fall. Taking less than 800mg of these four minerals at the same time is fine."

- Copper (300mcg): Copper helps to form collagen for our bones and connective tissues and it also fortifies them. Diets high in sugar make our body excrete copper. The 300mcg seems to be on the low side but it's not heavily underdosed, just a bit. Don't take excess copper.

- Manganese (700mcg): The 700mcg is also on the low side with 2g being the recommended dose. Some of it is found to be in the bones. It helps to form bones and connective tissues. It also helps with Calcium absorption. Don't take excess manganese (10mg). If you increase calcium intake, also increase manganese.

- Boron (1mg): Prevents bone loss, helps the body produce and use Vitamin D, increases bone formation, helps to maintain calcium and magnesium in the body and other benefits. It's also on the low side but not heavily underdosed.

Proprietary BoneBoost blend (624mg) of:
- Cuscuta chinensis seed: Some parasitic plant that helps to treat Osteoporosis. Combined with other herbs, it increased the number of Osteoblasts, slowed down the death of osteoblasts, helped with calcium absorption, helped produce collagen. I wasn't so convinced about these claims because they don't make too much emphasis on them. They make emphasis on other benefits not related to bones. Don't know if the amount is ok or not. I couldn't find any dose to use as a reference. Found 2 supplements at Amazon containing this ingredient but I don't know if they are a good reference.

- Epimedium extract: Other name for the common Horny Goat Weed. Reduces the rate of bone loss but nothing special. Might increase bone density at the hip and lower back. Don't know about the amount here, it's a proprietary blend.

- Polygonum Cuspidatum: Difficult to find the benefits of this plant. Apparently, this plant has a high concentration of Resveratrol and that's where the benefits might come from. Resveratrol might increase bone density. Inflamations might reduce the number of Osteoblasts (cells that make bones) and increase the number of Osteoclasts (cells that break down bones). So the anti-inflammatory properties of Resveratrol might balance the Osteoblast-Osteoclast ratio to bring it to a normal level so it contributes to bone health. BUT the problem here is that this is not Resveratrol itself, it's a plant with "high" concentrations of it but we don't know if the dose this plant has in this supplement has enough Resveratrol to produce the benefits I just mentioned.

And finally that's it, damn! I took hours investigating all of that! Hope you all read that lol.

TASTE/MIXABILITY/DOSING

- TASTE: They were in capsule form. There was no taste nor aftertaste.
- MIXABILITY: Didn't need any mixing. The vegetarian capsules were very easy to swallow.
- DOSING: 3 capsules daily with a meal. I usually took 3 capsules after my breakfast. Tried a few days taking the 3 capsules after my dinner. It has 90 vegetarian capsules so 3 a day means 30 servings.

EFFECTIVENESS

I didn't really had a problem with my bones. I have an injury on my left hand wrist and I thought this would help with it. I bought a normal Calcium Carbonate supplement some days before taking BoneBoost. That supplement has Vitamin D and Calcium Carbonate in tablet form. So I was able to compare both forms of Calcium (Calcium Carbonate vs AlgaeCal). The cheap Calcium Carbonate felt heavy in my throat and stomach, it was obvious my body had to work more to absorb it. I knew it would be like that though, I got 400 tablets of Calcium Carbonate + Vitamin D for $15 lol, don't expect something easy to digest.

With BoneBoost it was different. The 3 capsules were easy to swallow and the digestion was great. I didn't feel heavy, my body wasn't working hard to digest the capsules so the claims that AlgaeCal increases absorption was true IMO. Another benefit I saw with BoneBoost was that it wasn't causing me any Constipation. The Calcium Carbonate tablets were causing me constipation. So good job there BoneBoost. It's difficult (not impossible) to say if it helped me with my bones. I think it did help me because I didn't suffer any joint and bone problem while lifting. I didn't take any joint support supplement and I'm lifting heavy weights so it's a plus that BoneBoost helped me not to get any type of joint/bone pain. BoneBoost helped to alleviate my injury on my left wrist but only temporary, just like 20% which is alright. That just tells me the problem of the injury isn't 100% about my bones. Most studies are from people taking these type of ingredients for lot of months so I wasn't expecting much from 1 bottle of BoneBoost. But I saw significant benefits that makes me want to try BoneBoost again and take it consistently.

VALUE

Amazon has it right now for $20.95 (free shipping if $35+) and Nature Restore's website for $19.95 (shipping fee of $5 if your order is under $28.99 and free if it's $29.00+). That's a good price, I wouldn't pay more than $20 because some ingredients are heavily underdosed. Sure, you can get cheaper calcium supplements (like the one I bought) but BoneBoost has more ingredients and the quality is greater.

NatureRestore, read the "Suggestions for the Company" section at the end.

SIDE EFFECTS

No side effects to report.

CONCLUSION

Nice mix of top quality ingredients. Unfortunately, some of them are heavily underdosed, others are slightly underdosed and others are ok. Won't suffer from Constipation. Easy to swallow, no aftertaste, won't have digestion problems. It's effective. Good value.

----- SUGGESTIONS FOR THE COMPANY -------
Thank you again for participating, allow me to make a few suggestions:
- Increase the dose of certain ingredients like Magnesium Citrate, Vitamin K2, Manganese, Boron.
- Don't hide/protect the amount of Epimedium Extract (Horny Goat Weed). Hide/Protect the 2 other plants if you want.
- Considering these type of supplements should be taken all the time by the person, then make bottles with more capsules and/or make stacks so we can save money buying several bottles.
 Pros:
 Cons:
  • Bone Health
  • Nice Name
  • No Constipation
  • Some Underdosed Ingredients
  • Only 90 Capsules
  • No Stacks Option

(Thanks to Ronnie Coleman Signature Series for sending it out!)

INTRODUCTION

What's up Supplement Reviews (SR). It's time to review Amino-Tone + Energy from Ronnie Coleman. Thanks to SR and Ronnie Coleman for making this posible and trusting us. Sorry for taking a bit longer. I lift weights from Monday to Friday and drink aminoacids everyday, sometimes in the morning, sometimes during my workout and sometimes after my workout, depending if I just want overall energy, recovery, delay fatigue, etc. I've tried several products from Ronnie Coleman (Pro-Antium, Stacked-N.O., some samples/servings of the normal Amino-Tone, Creatine XS) and they have all worked pretty well. When I saw the opportunity to try this new Amino-Tone + Energy, I knew I couldn't let this escape! I requested "Mango Pineapple" flavor, let's see how it worked...

INGREDIENT PROFILE

Lot of members have talked about this already so I'll highlight the main/best ingredients with their main benefits:
- 5 grams of Instantized BCAA's. It's a bonus they are instantized to help with the mixing. I don't know if that also means better absorption and availability but well it's still a bonus that they are instantized. 5 grams of BCAA is a good dose. Depending on the moment of the day you take them, they will give you lot of benefits like overall energy, clean energy, overall recovery, recovery between sets, recovery after workout, help with protein synthesis, delay fatigue and so many other benefits.

- 600mg of a Proprietary Blend of Green Tea Extract, Green Coffee Bean Extract, Rhodiola Rosea Extract and Maca Extract. The purpose of those ingredients is to give you natural energy and stress relief. That blend will give you 125mg of Natural Caffeine. Some of them look underdosed. I don't have a problem with propietary blends as long as they work correctly. I'll talk about their effectiveness later on. I think this is a good mix of known ingredients. Well done Ronnie! The 125mg of Caffeine is a good amount. It's not high but not low either and people that take pre-workouts will be happy to see this has 125mg.

- 3,785mg of another Proprietary Blend that has: Taurine, Potassium Phosphate, Sodium Citrate, Magnesium Phosphate and HICA. I like that it has HICA. SupplementReviews has a good description about HICA https://supplementreviews.com/ingredients/alpha-hydroxy-isocaproic-acid-hica Even though this is a Proprietary Blend, I think the product says how much it has of electrolytes. So if my Math is correct, it says it has 44 mg of Sodium Citrate, 237.6 mg of Potassium Phosphate and 22.5 mg of Magnesium Phosphate. So 44+237.6+22.5 = 304.1 mg of electrolytes. So that would leave us with 3,480.9 mg left to divide between the Taurine and the HICA. That would be a very good dose of HICA and Taurine. I don't know if my math is correct though. That amount of HICA is too high to be true + HICA is the last ingredient mentioned in that blend (which maybe means it's the one with the less amount) so maybe I'm wrong.

- 25 mg of Astragin for better absorption and the 3,180 mg of another Proprietary Blend that has stimulant free ingredients for fat loss. I didn't know Choline Bitartrate had fat loss abilities but reading more about it, yes it does. I didn't judge this product's fat loss abilities so I won't talk much about this.

So overall, nice and adequate selection of ingredients. Some of the ingredients in the Natural Energy and Stress Relief blend can even help with the weight/fat loss so that's also something positive.

DOSING

1 scoop each day with 8-12 oz of water. I usually used 10 oz, it will depend on your flavor preference. I tried this several ways: In the morning, preworkout (alone), intra-workout and post-workout to see how effective it was during those moments of the day. Let's see how effective it was...

EFFECTIVENESS

Aaaaaaand finally you reached the section that matters the most. Is it worth it or not!? HELL YES IT IS! How dare you doubt about Ronnie Coleman products!? (inb4Igotpaidtosaythat). I'll divide this according to the part of the day I used it.

*In the Mornings: This was my favorite moment of the day to drink AMINO TASTY. The caffeine felt really natural, clean energy. I was very surprised with the stress relief ability because I wasn't really expecting any effects on that but it worked very well. Good job with the Macca + Rhodiola combination. As I write this, I'm drinking my last scoop of Amino Tasty :( I could concentrate more on my tasks, fatigue was reduced, hydration was better. These effects lasted a good couple of hours. Highly effective. The stress relief and greater concentration is probably a mix between Macca, Rhodiola and the Choline Bitartrate. I feel that most of the benefits of the ingredients were seen when I took it in the morning.

*Pre-Workout: I know this isn't a Pre-Workout by itself but well, I wanted to decrease my caffeine tolerance so I took Amino Tasty for 1 week as my only pre-workout supplement. I'm used to the +300mg of Caffeine so with 125mg of Natural Caffeine, I thought it wasn't going to be enough for my 2 hour workouts. I was wrong. At the beginning, I was tired, yes, but as I continued, the energy and especially the BCAA's started to work! Recovery between sets was faster, I didn't need to drink too much water, focus was decent and energy was acceptable. That lasted like 1 hour and a half which is surprising for me because I wasn't expecting it to last so much.

*Intra-Workout: I took it by itself for like 3 days during my workout (without a pre-workout). I felt it wasn't so effective as taking it pre-workout by itself. IMO, this was the least effective way of taking Amino Tasty. It's strange because the original Amino-Tone is advertised as an Intra-Workout and considering this has the same formula, then it had to be most effective during the workout but nope, atleast it wasn't for me. I also used it for like 5 days intra-workout along with another pre-workout (of some other brand). It wasn't so effective either. It was working but not like I expected. For some reason, it wasn't giving me the additional energy I needed. In supplements, 1+1 is not always 2 ;)

*Post-Workout: My second favorite part of the day to drink Amino Tasty! Imagine you finish your workout very tired and you have a beauty waiting for you to start the massage... That's something similar to what I felt while drinking Amino Tasty post-workout. Muscle soreness was greatly reduced the next day, the caffeine and BCAA's after workout were very useful to keep doing stuff and not sit down being tired because of the workout. And if you have those effects combined with a Mango Pineapple flavor, then what else do you want bro!?

MIXABILITY

*Mixability was good. Instructions say that a slight foaming may occur when it was mixed with cold water and it happened. The foam wasn't heavy and abundant, it was just some slight foaming. Shake it and let it sit for like 30-60 seconds... or just drink it, the foam was controllable. Make sure you drink the foam if it's still there though, don't throw it away!

TASTE

*Aaaaand one of the most important attributes of this supplement, the TASTE! The Taste was very delicious! One of the best amino acid flavors I've had. It's in my top 2 of amino acid flavors. I requested Mango Pineapple and I'm very happy I got it! :D I love Mangos and Pineapples so I knew this was going to be delicious, it didn't dissapoint me! Like I always do, like 3 other persons tried this flavor. I wanted to know what they thought about the flavor and also see if I was being biased lol. But nope, I wasn't biased, they were all amazed with the flavor too! Ronnie Coleman, whoever came with the idea of making this flavor, congratulations for him/her! Great job! I give it a 9.5/10. Not a 10/10 because I would've liked to feel the Pineapple more. The Mango is dominant and the Pineapple is not felt so much. But considering I love Mangos, that wasn't a problem for me! :D Remember what I said in the Post-Workout paragraph (beauty doing the massage)? Just imagine having this delicious flavor with cold water after your workouts.. wow! I was very happy! AMINO TASTY! YYYEAAAHH BBBUUDDDYY!!

VALUE

BB, M&S and Tiger Fitness have it for $29.99, Ronnie Coleman's website for $32.99. That's a good and fair price. There are cheaper amino acids but probably not so effective and/or with this amazing taste and/or with the vast number of ingredients. Ronnie Coleman products usually have some kind of promotion/offer/discount so if you're smart enough, you can get this way cheaper. You just have to hunt it ;)

SIDE EFFECTS

Yes, it had a side effect: SADNESS! Amino Tasty is gone! I will no longer be able to drink this delicious tasty supplement :'(

CONCLUSION

Very delicious flavor (Mango Pineapple). Effective for natural energy, overall well being (feeling), stress relief, focus, recovery, delaying fatigue and other benefits. I recommend you to drink it in the morning or after your workout because it was most effective to me like that. Proprietary blends that work! Good price. You shouldn't have changed your old design/logo though but this one is nice. Amino Tasty is one of my new lovers from now on! :D

----SUGGESTIONS FOR THE COMPANY----
Just a section I would like to add when writing a review through the SR Troop program.
- Give a gift to whoever came with the idea of the Mango Pineapple flavor, seriously lol.
- Make a pineapple only flavor. You can't forget about pineapple lovers! You need to make one, just take your time to make it, don't hurry up, I want something godly just like the Mango Pineapple ;)
- If I had to choose between knowing the exact number of milligrams of the intra-training/hydration blend and the Natural Energy/Stress Relief blend, I would choose to know the Intra-training/hydration blend numbers. Why? Because the Natural Energy/Stress relief worked great so as long as it works, I don't have a problem with that Proprietary blend. I would prefer to know the exact amount of HICA. If you don't want to say it, it's ok, I understand your position, you have to protect your formula. My only advice to you is that make sure that amount of HICA isn't so small... or your reputation may decrease.
*Thank you for the samples of Amino-Tone and Yeah Buddy Preworkout. Also for the card and letter!

*Thanks again for participating!
*Hope you all enjoyed the review.
  • Increased Concentration
  • Interesting Ingredients
  • Thermo Effect Could Be Better
  • Proprietary Blends
  • Slight Foaming

(Thanks to Muscle-Building Nutrition for sending it out!)

INTRODUCTION

What's up SupplementReviews. MarsheS here with a review of another preworkout. Thank you Muscle Building Nutrition and SupplementReviews for making this possible, thanks for trusting us. I lift weights from Monday to Friday and having an effective preworkout is necessary for my progress. Preworkouts have become one of my main supplements to use so when I saw Dominate's profile, I was impressed and happy that I got the chance to try it. Dominate is definitely a beast but let's see where are the flaws of this beast...

INGREDIENT PROFILE

- I love preworkouts with...

INGREDIENT PROFILE

- I love preworkouts with BCAA. That's the first thing I saw. When you take a preworkout with BCAA, you can feel their effects, without doubt. 6 grams of BCAA is a high amount per serving in a preworkout, considering 3-4 grams of BCAA is the average per serving in aminoacid supplements. Taking BCAA before working out can help reduce fatigue, feel less tired, recover faster between sets, feel less agitated, more endurance and other benefits.

- 6g of Citrulline Malate 2:1 which is the combination between Citrulline and Malic Acid. 6g of Citrulline Malate is a high amount. Some people prefer pure L-Citrulline but from what I've read, Citrulline Malate is more effective and doesn't require a loading phase to see results. Citrulline Malate increases Nitric Oxide levels and that has many benefits like reducing fatigue, allowing more blood flow to the muscles, faster recovery, better endurance, makes energy become more available and the main purpose of why they added this ingredient to Dominate is the Muscle Pump!

- 5g of Creapure which is said to be the purest from of micronized Creatine Monohydrate. 5g of Creapure is a solid amount. Creatine has a lot of benefits. The main purpose they added the Creapure was for Strength and Power.

- 3.5g of Beta-Alanine (as CarnoSyn). That's more than the clinical dose of 3.2g. I was expecting a lot of tingles from this! Beta-Alanine also delays fatigue, reduces recovery time between sets, improves performance and endurance, etc.

- 2.5g of Betaine Anhydrous for reducing soreness, delaying fatigue, improving endurance, work together with Creatine for better effects, etc. High amount too.

- 500mg of L-Tyrosine. As you may know, I'm new to the focus feeling of preworkouts. I felt its full effects with the previous preworkout I reviewed. L-Tyrosine pretends to improve focus, mental capacities, memory, control stress levels, etc.

- 200mg of Caffeine Anhydrous, the always important Caffeine for energy and better performance. Acceptable amount.
- 100mg of Theacrine. Caffeine's brother, it pretends to stimulate our central nervous system, attempts to give us a "cleaner", sustained or extended form of energy.

So let's see if they worked well together!

*TASTE: 1 word, "AWFUL"! or maybe you prefer "HORRIBLE"? It has a very bad medicine taste, especially the aftertaste. There are medicines that taste well but this one would belong to the horrible taste medicines lol. And I wasn't the only one. I made 4 other persons try the taste of this preworkout, without me telling them it was awful. I even told one of them it was delicious. 3 of them reached the same conclusions as me, awful taste! Only 1 of them said it was "normal", not good but not bad. That 1 person didn't have too much experience with supplements though. I even shook the supplement hard several times to see if the secret was to mix everything before opening hahaha. Same result. If you read my NRG Max review, you will see that first I didn't like the taste but after a few days, I started liking it. I thought this would be the same but it wasn't. It went from Awful to "Very bad" (which is just a step below), probably because my mouth already got used to the bad flavor lol. I'm happy the taste agony ended. PLEASE CHANGE THIS FLAVOR. Blue Raspberry is not responsible, you are!

*MIXABILITY: Excellent. Never noticed any clumping when I opened the supplement and while I was using it. Powder looked in excellent condition. All the ingredients mixed well. Only minor problem was the foam, probably because of the Leucine I guess. Just let it sit for a minute and you can drink it.

*DOSING: Easy, 1 scoop some 20-30 minutes before working out. I never passed from 1 scoop. Dominate tells you to use 8-10oz of water. I usually added 16 oz of water to try and decrease the effects of the bad flavor. Sometimes I used 8 oz just to finish drinking it faster.

I'll divide the effectiveness in several categories:
- PUMP/VASCULARITY: Slightly above average. Nothing impressive but it worked a bit above average. Considering the dose of Citrulline Malate, I was expecting more vascularity. It gave me more muscle fullness than vascularity. It worked like it had 3g of Citrulline Malate and not 6g.

- STRENGTH and PERFORMANCE: My recovery time between sets was decreased, I felt less agitated. I could easily do 2 exercises one after another with enough strength and increased performance. So I could feel the effects of Citrulline Malate, BCAA, Betaine working here. The 5g of Creapure worked well too, my strength was increased, I could do extra repetitions, I was able to slightly increase the repetitions I was able to reach with the NRG Max (similar profile). Performance was not extraordinary or powerful like I was expecting though because of the Energy aspect I'll talk about below. I'm dissapointed with the Beta-Alanine because I didn't feel any tingles :( From 20 servings, I only felt the tingles like once or twice and not so much. I can't say it wasn't working though but considering the 3.5g and all the other ingredients, I was expecting more. The only ingredient that worked 100% was the Creapure.

- ENERGY: I made a very minor "mistake" IMO. My stimulant tolerance is high so before trying a new preworkout, I try to stay away from Caffeine a few days. I made the minor "mistake" of using another preworkout 3 days that had 300mg of Caffeine Anhydrous and 50mg of Theacrine. So the only days away from Caffeine was the weekend. The idea behind putting 200mg of Caffeine Anhydrous and 100mg of Theacrine looks very good. 200mg of fast release energy and then 100mg of a sustained/extended energy. BUT it just didn't work for me. Like users "Gdolce42", "pancow", "Chuntz" said, the energy was almost all gone after 45-60 minutes. I never felt the Theacrine. The effects of other ingredients was slightly dissapearing too after that time, except for the strength that always remained high. Once, I almost fell asleep while seated. I wasn't feeling so well that day, I had a headache so I can't blame it all on the preworkout but that day, it never woke me up. I just lifted because I had to force myself to continue, not because the preworkout was pushing me. And another day, I took a nap after I finished my workout. I never take naps after my workouts. I don't know if Theacrine is effective or not. If one of its benefits is for people not to build a tolerance, then why instead of 200-300mg of Caffeine, they don't put higher amounts of Theacrine (200mg for example)? Because the amounts of Theacrine I've seen from other supplements, they're all 50-75-100mg and I don't feel its effectiveness. The dose of Caffeine should be increased to 250mg OR increase that Theacrine amount to something significant OR add more stimulants. That's my opinion. Like I said the 200mg Caffeine + 100mg Theacrine looks good on paper but it just didn't work for me.

- FOCUS: I'm not a fan of judging focus but comparing this preworkout with the last one I had (which gave me a decent focus), this was bad. It was very difficult to stay concentrated, my mind was always thinking about other things instead of concentrating on the weights. I think the 500mg of L-Tyrosine isn't enough to handle all the doses of this preworkout. Usually I have to tell myself to end a workout because I always want to keep going. With Dominate, when I ended my routine, I was like "Ok, finally I'm done". My mentality was "I'll do those pushups some other day...". With other preworkouts, I would have done those pushups the same day! And then I would take the Ab Roller and do some reps and go back to the pushups and so on. With Dominate usually I didn't do that.

VALUE

I remember that when we claimed the product, the price was $45 which was very high. Then, it went down to $39.99 then to $35 and now it's $30.99 + shipping (which seems to be $4.99) so a total of $35. That's a fair price. I don't mind the 20 servings. I know elite preworkouts like this usually have 20 servings so I don't mind. If you only need to use them once a day, then it's better than having a 30 serving preworkout that you need to add 2 scoops. So considering all the ingredients and their high amounts, then $35 is a good price. $40 would have been a fair price ONLY if this had more effectiveness but unfortunately it doesn't. I still wouldn't pay $35 nor $30 for this because of the bad taste. If they can put a good taste, then yes, I would pay a maximum of $35.00 for this and if they can make this work like the beast it looks like, then $40 would be my maximum fair price. But considering it tastes bad, then I don't recommend it.

SIDE EFFECTS

NONE. Maybe Anger because of the taste hahaha. I can't really link the headache I had with this preworkout. I usually don't have headaches though but still, I can't blame the preworkout. I just think I had a bad day with that headache.

CONCLUSION

Nice Beast Profile. Nice colors/text/picture. High amounts of each ingredient. Horrible Taste. Pump was a bit above average. Strength was very decent (8.5/10), Performance was increased but not like expected considering the ingredients and their high amounts. Recovery between sets was decent. Energy suffers an "Evaporation" process lol. Bad Focus. Value is good at the moment but they are often changing it so watch out. (Read Value section for more info).

I hope my review is helpful for others. If not, then I hope atleast you enjoyed the reading ;)

----SUGGESTIONS FOR THE COMPANY----
Put more stimulants. Put more ingredients for focus. The main suggestion: CHANGE THE TASTE! You're inside my top 5 of worst tasting preworkouts. Hopefully it changes in the future. It doesn't have to be more expensive if you add more ingredients. If you remove 1g of BCAA, you can save costs and I think it would still be effective; with that money "saved", add more stimulants and/or ingredients for focus. Also change your Beta-Alanine source (whatever it is the source), I want to feel those tingles next time! FIX THIS BEAST!
  • Good Recovery Between Sets
  • Energy Evaporated After Time
  • Horrible Aftertaste
  • -Not Widely Available
  • Average Results

(Thanks to MAXLER for sending it out!)

What's up SR, this is my first review of a product through the SR Troop Program. It's the first time I hear about Maxler. Thanks to Maxler and SupplementReviews for making this possible. I lift weights from Monday to Friday with intense workouts most of the days, with Friday being the exception sometimes lol. So I need a strong preworkout for my routines. This preworkout gave me a big surprise, let's see why...

The ingredient profile is great. For me, the ingredients and doses this preworkout has is from an Elite Preworkout. Preworkouts have categories (some are average, others above average, others are excellent and others are elite). Elite Preworkouts usually have a high amount of Citrulline Malate, Beta-Alanine, Caffeine, Creatine (and other ingredients) + a significant amount of BCAA's. Most preworkouts don't come with BCAA's. The ones that do are generally Elite Preworkouts and this one is the case.

Key ingredients:
*8g CITRULLINE MALATE for increasing performance, endurance, delaying fatigue, increasing nitric oxide levels and all the benefits that result from that. Very high amount.

*3.2g BETA-ALANINE for increasing strength, endurance, performance, delaying fatigue and other benefits. High amount.

*3g CREATINE MONOHYDRATE (2.9g Monohydrate, 50mg Hydrochloride and 50mg Dicreatine Malate). The amount is not high but Creatine is so cheap these days that I think most people have their Creatine supplements separately. Also, I'm trying to understand the 50mg of Creatine HCL. Obviously by itself it looks very underdosed but I'm assuming they wanted the Hydrochloric Acid to interact with the Creatine Monohydrate to see all the benefits of Creatine HCL, same thing with the amount of Dicreatine Malate used. Creatine increases strength, muscular size, energy and a lot of other benefits.

*350mg CAFFEINE for alertness, energy, etc. Acceptable amount.

*4g BCAA reduces fatigue, improves recovery during sets, endurance and a lot of other benefits. Excellent addition! Acceptable amount.

*And finally the "Turbofocus Complex" (500mg N-Acetyl L-Tyrosine, 60mg Ginkgo Biloba Leaf, 40 mg DMAE). Acceptable amount.

MIXABILITY: No problems mixing this. Just a little bit of foam but nothing bad, just let it sit for a couple of seconds if you want. The product came with some amount of moisture though so when I opened it, it had a few clumps (picture below). I could easily convert it to powder again though. And like I said, never gave me problems mixing it.

DOSING: 1 scoop with 8-12 oz. 30 minutes before working out, nothing difficult to do. High doses per scoop.

TASTE: I received the Blue Raspberry flavor. The first week I hated the flavor, awful flavor. BUT... after the first week, I started to like it a lot and now I love it! Too bad it's gone :( (Admin, take note of this). Why? Because a flavor can be bad for some initial days but then you start liking it. This happened with me. Now that it's gone, I miss this flavor. It's not the typical artificial flavor from typical Blue Raspberry flavors (which I like)... it's different. The aftertaste is what I liked the most from the flavor.

Let's start with the BAD part. From like the 3rd serving until the 8th serving approximately, everytime I took this preworkout, I had to run to the bathroom TWICE. So that means 5 days of having to run to the bathroom twice each day. Afortunately I lift at home lol. One of my first surprises is that after running to the bathroom twice, I was full of energy and ready to destroy the weights! When something like that happens with other preworkouts, I usually end up weaker, with less energy, etc, but this wasn't the case. But I'm happy this only happened for a week. I don't know if it was because of the moisture it came with or the high amount of Citrulline...

The other bad part was my shoulder injury (not related to the preworkout). So I think that with my full health, this preworkout would have been much better for me!

Now with the GOOD part. I could do more repetitions with most of my lifts. My flat bench press increased from 1-2 reps to 3-5 reps max and the weight felt lighter. My inclined bench press went from 3-5 reps to 6-8 reps. My Standing Military Press went from 3 reps to 6-7 reps. And so on. In general, the repetitions went up and the weights felt lighter. There was a weight I couldn't increase the amount of reps (246 pounds of flat bench press). For some reason, I couldn't pass from 5 reps. With this preworkout, I reached 7 reps so I'm happy.

Strength was excellent, MAYBE a bit more Creatine would have been better but like I said, most people already have separate Creatine supplements so if you feel you need more, just add a scoop of Creatine. I don't think NRG Max needs it but you may need it, it depends. Endurance was amazing, I could continue lifting for hours! I finished my workouts because of time, not because I was tired lol. I could continue working out for more than 3 hours. You can really feel the Citrulline Malate, Beta-Alanine and Creatine working together here. I also didn't need to take any aminoacids during my workout. The 4g of BCAA did a good job recovering faster during sets, reducing fatigue, etc.

Energy was never gone. Like I said, I could keep working out for a lot of hours. There were days I was yawning a lot before working out and after taking this pre-workout, all of that went away! The 30 servings never dissapointed me in this energy area. The Pump area was above average, I could feel the Citrulline Malate working for the Pump. Your results with Pump can be greater than mine though. I don't train for the Pump and my body fat is probably higher than yours because I don't follow any low fat diet. I just eat whatever I can and want lol (I need it to increase weight). But vascularity was visible, nothing extraordinary for me but it worked. It doesn't have many ingredients to boost Nitric Oxide levels but I can't tell you if it needs more. I liked what it gave me.

AAAANNNNDDDD..... THE BIG SURPRISE! I wasn't expecting this. If you read my reviews from other preworkouts, you will see that when it comes to FOCUS, I said that ""I didn't feel competent enough to judge the Focus of any Preworkout because Focus for me depends on many other things of our daily life not related to substances."" The NRG Max gave me an excellent focus! It's the first time I could feel a Preworkout improving my Focus. I was very concentrated during my routines. I was always thinking about the next set, next exercise, doing more exercises, etc. I'm really surprised with the focus the NRG Max gave me. It's the first time I feel the Focus so sorry for my "overreactions" lol.

Right now, Amazon has it for $26.95 (Free shipping if over $49) and Maxler's website for $23.95 + $7.29 shipping. That's a great value considering this is an elite preworkout. Other Elite Preworkouts are worth +$35 so this is an excellent price. I'll happily pay $26.95 for the results I get. I even think I received more than 30 servings lol. I began taking this from October 10 and finished it on November 25. 5 days a week, that's more than 30 servings! I measured the scoop when it was full once and yes it was correct (23g).

Side Effects

Few stomach issues, had to run to the bathroom a couple of days, which is why I didn't give this Preworkout a score of 9 overall. Shake this preworkout everytime before taking the powder, I think that was what worked for me to stop the stomach issues.

Conclusion

Most (if not all) claims made by the Preworkout were fulfilled. Every ingredient did its job. I'm very satisfied with what it did with my strength, endurance, performance, focus, recovery during sets, pump, vascularity, etc. It has a very good value considering this is an elite preworkout. The flavor is delicious, just give it some time and you will like it, especially the aftertaste. Try mixing the container of the Preworkout before opening and using it, everyday. I'll definitely buy this again and try other flavors too!
 Pros:
 Cons:
  • Great Ingredient Label
  • Nice Colors
  • Nice Design
  • Good Pump
  • Delicious Aftertaste
  • Good Special Taste
  • BCAA Included
  • Focus
  • Few Stomach Issues
  • Some Moisture

What's up SR. This is my 8th review here. I lift weights from Monday to Friday with intense workouts the 5 days most of the times (sometimes 4 days intense haha) so a strong pre-workout for me is necessary. Pre-workouts are probably my second necessary supplement after Protein, they are very important for me. A pre-workout named "Beast Mode" from Beast Sports Nutrition is definitely attractive. The amount of ingredients is also attractive... but don't let that fool you like it did with me lol. I got this on a BOGO deal (total of 90 servings) so it was still a win-win situation for me. Let's see if the name is worth it...

This pre-workout has a lot of ingredients, starting with:

AMINO ACID CO-FACTORS:
- 1g of BCAA in a 5:1:4 ratio. Very underdosed but I thought it would complement the other ingredients plus it's better to have 1g than 0g like other pre-workouts of their category right?
- 1g Alanine
- 500mg of L-Glycine

MUSCLE CO-FACTORS WITH VOLUMIZING AGENTS:
- 2,459mg of this blend: Carnosyn Beta Alanine, Creapure, Glycerol Powder, Agmatine Sulfate. This blend has good ingredients but it looks very underdosed. It doesn't say how much of each ingredient but I assume it would be approximately 600mg of each ingredient. That's a very underdosed version of Beta-Alanine, Creapure and Glycerol. It would be alright (nothing decent) for Agmatine but considering Agmatine is the last ingredient, I don't think it has 600mg, it probably has like 200mg which is very underdosed.

ELECTROLYTE AND ENDURANCE BLEND:
- 1,479mg of Di-Potassium Phosphate, Di-Sodium Phosphate, Di-Calcium Phosphate Dihydrate, Magnesium Oxide. Not an expert on electrolytes so can't comment much on this.

ENERGY & INTENSITY BLEND W/HIGH POTENCY B-COMPLEX:
- 1,245mg of Taurine, Caffeine Anhydrous, Vitamin B1 (50mg), Lotus Seed Extract, Vitamin B3 (10mg), Vitamin B2 (8mg), Vitamin B6 (8mg), Snakeroot extract, Vitamin B12 (667mcg). It doesn't say how much caffeine it has. Considering it says max scoops are 3, then it probably has like 150mg approx. (I'm just assuming). All Vitamin B vitamins support energy production so including them is a plus. Taurine amount will depend on the lotus seed extract and snakerook extract amounts so can't say if it's underdosed. It's probably a little underdosed.

NEUROSTIMULATING CO-FACTORS:
- 800mg of Choline Bitartrate, L-Tyrosine, DMAE, L-Alpha Glycerylphosphorylcholine, Gingko Biloba. It has good ingredients and they seem to have a good dose from what I've seen from other products. They don't say how much of each ingredient so I can't be sure of that.

TASTE: I got the Pink Lemonade flavor, it was the only one available. It tastes exactly like the name says, like Pink Lemonade, strong flavor, I liked it, it was alright. 7.5/10

MIXABILITY: It never gave me problems mixing it. Mixes easily even with 2 scoops. 10/10

DOSING: Beast Mode claims to begin with 1 scoop with 8oz of water 30 mins before working out. You can increase to 2 scoops and a maximum of 3 scoops when you want to increase the effects. From my experience and according to my routine, 1 scoop wasn't enough, it was very underdosed. This pre-workout requires a minimum of 1.5 and 2 scoops to feel the effects. For "Beast Mode" effects, you have to use 3 scoops but that's just too many scoops and I doubt you will become a beast even with 3 scoops lol. If you're just starting to work out, then 1 scoop might be fine but eventually, you will feel it's underdosed on the main ingredients (BCAA, Beta-Alanine, Creapure, Glycerol, Agmatine, etc).

I had 2 Beast Modes of 45 servings each. The first one worked like a 7.5, the second one worked like a 6, that's why I gave it a 6.5 of Effectiveness. I took like 1 or 2 weeks off between the 2 Beast Modes. Like I've said, Beast Mode with 1 scoop is very underdosed. For you to use only 1 scoop, you need to add extra Creatine, Beta-Alanine and BCAA and that would be more expensive. It's moderately effective with 1.5 scoops and 2 scoops, you will feel it working but nothing extraordinary, nothing "beastly". More scoops than that would be highly effective but more than 2 scoops would be throwing your money to the garbage.

Energy was moderately alright, it seems to be underdosed on Caffeine, they probably expected the Vitamin B vitamins and Taurine to complement the Caffeine, it didn't really do much, I could feel it working but nothing beastly. They also probably expected the underdosed BCAA to complement the underdosed Beta-Alanine, Creapure, Glycerol but it didn't as they are all heavily underdosed. That amount of Creapure, Beta-Alanine and Glycerol is a huge insult, a "bestial" insult lol. I had a separate Dymatize Creatine supplement so I normally used 1.5/2 scoops with 1/1.5 scoops of Dymatize Creatine. It worked alright but still needed a lot to feel like a beast. With the 2nd Beast Mode of 45 servings, it was worse than the first one. My Dymatize Creatine was gone, I lost a lot of strength, energy was low, Once or twice, I even sat on a chair for like 1 hour about to fall asleep lol. They will probably say Beasts deserve to sleep too hahaha.

Pumps were alright, nothing extraordinary either. They didn't last much either. I don't feel competent to judge the "Focus" of this Pre-Workout or any other Pre-Workout so I'm sorry for that. Focus for me depends on many other things of our daily life not related to substances. One day I can have a good focus with intense workouts and the next day I can have very bad workouts with people bothering on the phone and distracting me from workouts. It mainly depends on me and factors outside the ingredients for focus.

I got the 45 servings version for $37 on a BOGO deal at M&S, 90 total servings for $37, great offer! But I can't put a value based on that, otherwise it would be 10/10! Beast Sports recently released a new Beast Mode called "Beast Mode Black" with a different formula so I think the old version will be discontinued soon. Either that or they decreased the prices to get rid of them faster. Amazon has 45 servings of Beast Mode for $30. You can find the 45 serving version ranging from $25 and $35. You will need 2 scoops so it would be 22.5 servings for that price. Not bad but nothing special considering you can get other pre-workouts with deals for a better price. You can find the 30 serving version for like $20 if you look around. So if you want to try it before it gets discontinued or out of stock, then go for it. I recommend the 45 serving version considering you will need 2 scoops. Only get the 30 serving version if you can get it for $15.

Side Effects

None, unless you count feeling sad (close to being depressed) because you don't feel like a beast after taking this pre-workout :( hahaha

Conclusion

You won't become a beast, not even close to a beast unless you put 3 scoops. This is a 2 scoop pre-workout. Fancy attractive name but with moderate effects. Good pump, underdosed ingredients overall, slightly increased strength but nothing significant, just an average pre-workout. It has a good value right now because I think it will be discontinued soon so try it before it's out of the market.
  • Moderate Pump
  • Low Beta Alanine
  • Average Preworkout
  • Not Much Added Energy
  • Underdosed Ingredients

What's up Supplement Reviews. This is my 7th review and I'm here to write a review about something that most people have suffered at some time but they don't like to talk about.. HEMORRHOIDS! Last year, forum user "terrylee5151" made a topic called "Rutin for Hemorrhoids" and she recommended us the ingredient Rutin to treat Hemorrhoids. http://supplementreviews.com/forum/index.php?topic=32737.0 I decided to give it a try. I bought 2 bottles of NOW Rutin and took them for 2-3 months. Then I took some months off to see my body's reaction without the Rutin so I could be able to write a review of my experience.

Note: I don't eat too much veggies and fruits and my fiber intake is low.

Only ingredient is: 450mg of "Rutin Powder (non-citrus source) (Sophora japonica) (Flower Bud)"

Rutin is a "bioflavonoid related to Quercetin and Hesperidin found in both citrus and non-citrus fruits and vegetables." Some benefits claimed by Rutin are: Supports Cardiovascular health, SUPPORTS HEALTHY INFLAMMATORY RESPONSE (I judged it based on this), Free Radical Scavenger, supports vascular strength, maintains integrity of blood vessels like veins and capillaries, helps the body absorb and use Vitamin C, etc. I only judged this product based on the "support healthy inflammatory response" because of the Hemorrhoids problem.

TASTE: The Rutin Powder comes in capsule form. No taste.
MIXABILITY: You don't have to mix anything. Capsules are small and easy to swallow.
DOSING: 1 bottle comes with 100 capsules, each capsule has 450mg of Rutin. It's a good amount of Rutin, I've seen some products with lower dosages. 2 capsules per day means 50 servings.

First I bought 1 bottle of NOW Rutin to try the product and see if it worked with my Hemorrhoids problem. I was taking 2 capsules per day. The first 2-3 weeks of taking it, I was very happy it was working. All the symptoms disappeared, hemorrhoids were getting smaller and some were now gone. But then I made the mistake of reducing the dose to 1 capsule per day and some of the symptoms started to show up again. When I started to take 2 capsules per day again, it started to work again but not so effective. So when I finished that bottle, I was kind of confused, I couldn't write a review of this so I decided to buy another bottle of the same product.

With the second bottle, the hemorrhoids were under control, they didn't dissapear but the symptoms weren't bothering me. So considering I'm a person that doesn't eat too much vegetables, fruits, has low fiber intake, then I have to say this product is effective. Don't expect miracles but it keeps Hemorrhoids and its symptoms under control. I stopped taking NOW Rutin and any product with Rutin some months ago and my Hemorrhoids are still under relative control (weaker control than with Rutin though). Considering I don't follow a strict diet, my fiber intake is low, low amount of vegetables and fruits, then I have to say Rutin did a good job. Had to lower the effectiveness because there were some days I would have some hemorrhoid symptoms while taking Rutin. But I still liked trying Rutin for the Hemorrhoids, it helped me a lot. Won't go into much details because it's kind of shameful. I'm satisfied with Rutin.

I took this product exclusively to treat Hemorrhoids. Can't say anything about the other benefits Rutin claims on its products. So it was effective in supporting healthy inflammatory response, shrinking hemorrhoids, treating hemorrhoid symptoms (bleeding, pain, etc).

Value is very low and affordable. I bought it for $8.01 at Bodybuilding.com months ago and right now its price is $7.49. There are other brands you can try for a good price.

Side Effects

Conclusion

If you have Hemorrhoids and want to try a supplement before trying the option to go to a doctor, then try Rutin! It's effective, not highly effective but it does a good job. I appreciate forum user "terrylee5151" for recommending Rutin to treat Hemorrhoids and its symptoms. Value is very low so you won't lose a lot of money if it doesn't work for you. Just make sure you try atleast 450mg per day but it's better if you get 1 gram per day. My symptoms were very "advanced" so if it worked for me, it will most probably work for you.

The picture I uploaded has both labels, the old one (right) and the new one (left). They have the same ingredients.
 Pros:
 Cons:
  • Treat Hemorrhoids
  • Excellent Value
  • Small Capsules
  • Easy To Swallow
  • No Aftertaste
  • Shrinks Hemorrhoids
  • Not Highly Effective

What's up SupplementReviews (SR), this is my 6th review. I'm glad you have liked my previous 5 reviews, hopefully this one won't be the exception. I lift weights 5 days a week (Monday-Friday), doing heavy weights most of the times (for me) so a Creatine supplement is a must for strength, power, muscular size, etc. I tried 100 servings Dymatize Micronized Creatine last year (Creatine Monohydrate) so now I wanted to try a Creatine HCL supplement. The best option was MuscleTech CreaCore but I saw a better offer for the Creactor, plus the name, servings and ingredients were attractive. So I decided to try the CreacRRRAAWWWRRRR!

Creactor has 2 basic ingredients:
1. 750mg of Creatine HCl: Creatine + Hydrochloric Acid. It is claimed it causes less bloating, it's more water soluble, etc.
2. 750mg of Free-Acid Creatine: New form of Creatine that is free from acids, salts, etc, so it's pure.

TASTE: I had the Lemon-Lime Twist flavor. The flavor isn't amazing but it's alright. I would give it an 7.5/8. Each serving should be mixed with 6-8oz of water. With 6oz the taste is strong, 8oz will be more watery, it depends on you.

MIXABILITY: Never had problems mixing it. You will feel the typical gritty texture you feel from other Creatine supplements so I don't consider this a mixability problem. Bad thing is that the scoop keeps some of the powder everytime you use it.

DOSING: Creactor claims it has "Twice the Creatine of the competition" and more than "2x the servings of the competition." I know MuscleTech sometimes exaggerates or manipulates the claims but I have to say that this time it's true. The competition is not Creatine Monohydrate supplements, their competition is supplements that only have Creatine HCl. The competition's supplements only have 750mg of Creatine HCl (Examples: Con-Cret, Kaged C-HCl, etc). Dosing is 2 servings per day, 1 or the both of them after your workout. It has 120 servings! For me, this is the main attribute of this product. 1.5g of 2 types of Creatine in 120 servings. Underdosed? No, unless you think all Creatine HCl supplements are underdosed because the standard amount of Creatine HCL in supplements is 750mg per serving.

I felt this product worked. Most of the times I tried Creactor after my workouts. I felt Creactor was more effective after my workouts to build muscle and increase muscle size. I drink pre-workout supplements so adding this to my pre-workout supplements felt alright but nothing extraordinary. Like I said, Creactor is most effective inmediately after workouts. I saw better results taking this post-workout than taking Creatine Monohydrate. That being said, I also felt better results BEFORE my workouts taking Creatine Monohydrate. So from my experience, for now, I can conclude that Creatine Monohydrate gives you more strength before your workouts and Creatine HCl AFTER my workouts built more muscle, increased muscle size, etc than what Creatine Monohydrate did.

I gave this product an 8 in Effectiveness because before my workouts it wasn't very effective but I loved the effectiveness after my workouts. So if you want to use it only after your workouts, then you might see more effectiveness. Considering Creactor has 120 servings, I could also take it during weekends for recovery. Effectiveness for recovery was average, nothing outstanding but it was probably building muscle and increasing muscle size! Creactor's directions talk about after workouts so judging its effectiveness for pre-workout might not be so fair.

I bought Creactor on a BOGO deal, $29.99 for 240 servings! Right now, some websites have it even cheaper! So that's $15 for 120 servings of Creatine HCl and Free Acid Creatine. What else do you want? lol. I usually check this product and there are always offers for this product, usually BOGO 50%, BOGO and B2GO. That's why I gave it a value of 9. Even without offers, 120 servings of Creactor for $20-$25 (average) is worth it, it would be a fair price. Don't know why the value is so low so I would go get it if I was you.

Side Effects

Sometimes caused some bloating after workouts. Nothing to worry about though, it only happened like 3-5 times from 120 servings...

Conclusion

Creactor is very cheap considering the ingredients and servings it has. It has a good/attractive name, reminds of me of a dinosaur (hence the RAAWWRR I added). Nice attractive label. Good flavor. Very effective inmediately after workouts. You might not like MuscleTech brand but all I care about is finding an effective supplement. I don't work for any brand so if it's MuscleTech, ON, Dymatize, etc, I'll take it. Some people here have a personal fight vs MuscleTech but I think the brand is sometimes misjudged because some of their products are very effective, like Creactor. The claims made by Creactor were met, probably not 100% but I'm not giving it a 10... so I think you should try this product. I'll definitely try this product again.
  • Good Flavor
  • Scoop Keeps Some Powder
  • Gritty Texture
  • Not Too Effective Before Workout

INTRODUCTION

What's up SR, this is my fifth review here (first review of this product), I'm glad you have liked my 4 previous reviews, hopefully this one won't be the exception. I lift weights 5 days a week. I wasn't familiar with supplements for the joints but after a lot of months training, my joints started to hurt. I thought I just needed a better recovery but it wasn't working so I had to find a solution. And then I saw this supplement... let's see if it worked!

Serving size - 3 tablets contain:
+ 1,500mg of the typical Glucosamine Sulfate: This in...

Serving size - 3 tablets contain:
+ 1,500mg of the typical Glucosamine Sulfate: This ingredient is very important in every supplement for joints. It's a chemical found in the fluid that surrounds the joints. It's important for building and supporting ligaments, cartilage, tendons, etc. The body also uses Sulfate to produce Cartilage so it's a plus that it's Glucosamine Sulfate.
+ 500mg of Methylsulfonylmethane (MSM): MSM is also another ingredient that has proven to be effective for joints. It breaks up 'unhealthy' calcium deposits in the body which is believed to be the cause of degenerative diseases. MSM is said to support the joints, improve their movement (flexibility), reduce stiffness, reduce pain, reduces inflammation etc. It is said to have other health benefits but right now I care about the joints.
+ 250mg of White Willow Bark Extract (15% Salicin): It is said it kind of acts like Aspirin, it reduces joint pain, inflammation, etc. I've read it's most effective for lower back pain but it will also work for other parts of the body.
+ 250mg of Ginger Root Extract 4:1: It reduces joint inflammation that eventually causes joint pain, stiffness, etc.
+ 125mg of Boswellia Serrata Extract (65% Boswelic Acid): Reduces joint inflammation, pain, etc.
+ 50mg of Turmeric Extract 25:1 (95% Curcuminoids): Decreases inflammation, joint pain, etc.
+ 50mg of Cayenne: Anti-Inflammatory.
+ 4mg of Hyaluronic Acid: Helps the body produce synovial fluid for the joints, lubricates joints.

TASTE/MIXABILITY/DOSING

TASTE: It comes in tablet form. I wouldn't say it's tasteless, you may feel some taste because of the yellow thing surrounding the tablet (if you keep it too much time in your mouth) but nothing to worry about.

MIXABILITY: Tablet form. But maybe this is the part to talk about the size of the tablet lol. The tablet is not huge but it's not small nor medium, it has a medium-big size so if you don't like to swallow things, you might want to stay away. So swallow them 1 by 1 and once you get used to it, you won't have problems. Still always do it 1 by 1, even if you get used to it.

DOSING: It has 90 tablets. The supplement tells us to take 6 tablets daily (3 tablets twice a day with a meal). I personally take 3 tablets daily (not 6) because it will last 30 servings and it works for me. You can take 3 and 3 or 2 and 2, it depends. Just make sure it's always atleast 3 daily. Glucosamine Sulfate has a high amount, MSM amount is alright, White Willow Bark could be more but it's a moderate amount, Ginger Root Extract is alright, I honestly don't know about the Cayenne amount, it looks low, the Hyaluronic Acid is definitely low, Turmeric Extract is also low.

EFFECTIVENESS

This product started to be effective from... DAY 1! yes, the same day I took Joint Support, it worked the same day! The same thing happened with my brother who also lift weights. I think it was because our body needed desperately something for the joints, that's why it worked the same day we took it. So it might not work the same way if you take joint support supplements often but it will also work at the end. Take it with meals, NOT on an empty stomach. This product might not have Collagen, Chondroitin Sulfate, etc, but the combination between Glucosamine Sulfate, MSM and the herbs work, it's effective and that's what matters. This supplement can't go missing from my weight lifting combo. Of course we won't be 100% painless but it reduces the joint pain, it makes the joints feel strong and refreshed.

VALUE

The value of Infinite Labs Joint Support is a very strong point. I always find it with BOGO and B2GO offers, which makes it very cheap. You will pay like $7 (or less) for one bottle of 90 tablets and that's very cheap! If you complain about that price, then you're crazy. People might complain that if they take the 6 tablets recommended by the product, it would be 15 servings. Well, let me tell you that you will probably not need to take 6 tablets because with 3, 4 or 5 it will be enough. And second of all, with the value it has, who cares if it's 15 servings lol.

SIDE EFFECTS

No side effects. Only thing I didn't like was the size of the tablets and a little bit the yellow color that is part of the tablet.

CONCLUSION

Infinite Labs Joint Support is a great product to have, its value is very affordable, it has a good mix of ingredients, it might not be the best supplement for joints but who cares, it works! If you feel it's low on Hyaluronic Acid (for example), then just buy it separately but I doubt you will need to do that. Remember to swallow 1 by 1 because the size of the tablet is big (not huge) and take it with a meal. You might have strong muscles but one day, you will have to stop lifting for several weeks because of an injury, so make sure you consume a joint support supplement all the time to support your joints!
 Pros:
 Cons:
  • Excellent Value
  • Very Effective
  • Joint Support
  • Reduces Joint Pain
  • Good Mix Of Ingredients
  • MediumBig Tablets
  • No Chondroitin
  • No Collagen
  • Low Amount Of Some Ingredients

What's up SR. This is my fourth review here. I lift weights 5 days a week intensely so a PreWorkout is a must for me. The name of this Pre-Workout is intimidating so I decided to give it a try!

The ingredient profile is alright but considering the name, it had to be better. It has:
- Beta-Alanine (Carnosyn). Beta-Alanine delays fatigue, improves performance, endurance, gives you strength, etc.

- Nitrosigine, which is some new form of Arginine that results from the combination of Silicon + Arginine called Arginine Silicate. Nitrosigine will raise your nitric oxide levels and you will get all the benefits that comes with that.
- Hydromax Glycerol, it's some concentrated form of Glycerol Monostearate, this form improves absorption of Glycerol and other ingredients, hydrates us, gives pumps, stamina, etc.
- Caffeine for Energy
- Choline Bitartrate for Focus.
- L-Theanine: When I first saw some Preworkouts adding L-Theanine, I didn't understand why considering L-Theanine is known to relax you and we're not supposed to be relaxed before a workout lol. But then reading more, I understood that L-Theanine is like a balance, it creates a balance to create a 'healthy' interaction between the other ingredients and your body. It calms anxiety, improves focus, etc.
- Rhodiola extract to improve our answer to stress, focus, etc.
- Yohimbe extract for energy, little bit of weight loss, etc.

Google can provide more information if you need it, I just included very basic information from each ingredient.

TASTE: I had 30 servings of Fruit Punch and 30 servings of Pink Lemonade, both flavors were delicious, especially the Fruit Punch. I've tried better things but the taste is alright, you will like it.

MIXABILITY: Never had any problems mixing this but I had problems with Anarchy and Humidity though, this product doesn't conserve well compared to other products. I hope MuscleTech can fix this (I doubt they will though, they release a new product every month/2 weeks that I doubt they care about it) lol.

DOSING: 1.6g of Beta Alanine is alright but considering the name it had to be higher. That being said, this is a preworkout you will probably use 1.5 or 2 scoops so that's 2.4g/3.2g of Beta-Alanine which is a high amount. 750mg of Nitrosigine is alright, a moderate amount that will do the job (even more with 1.5/2 scoops). 325mg of Hydromax Glycerol is low, even with 1.5/2 scoops it would be low IMO but it will do something. 190mg of Caffeine is alright, it's high with 1.5/2 scoops. The dosing of the other ingredients mentioned is moderate.

Like I said above, this is a Pre-Workout in which you will have to use 1.5 scoops/2 scoops if you train intensely. This Pre-Workout is slightly effective with 1 scoop but with 1.5 scoops/2 scoops it's effective, especially with Pumps, it gave me energy but I didn't feel anarchistic haha! So what I liked the most about Anarchy was the Pump. I used 1.5 scoops/2 scoops. I don't feel competent to judge the "Focus" of this Pre-Workout or any other Pre-Workout so I'm sorry for that. Focus for me depends on many other things of our daily life not related to substances. Effectiveness with 1 scoop would be 5.5 and with 1.5/2 scoops it would be a 7.

This is the strongest point of this Pre-Workout. I remember when Anarchy came out last year, its value was high, it was like $35. I guess a lot of people were dissapointed with Anarchy after paying that amount for this "peaceful anarchy" haha. But now the Value is fair, it's actually a very good value. Anarchy always has BOGO offers or some type of promotion. I got my 2 Anarchy bottles on BOGO for $35, that's $17 each and that's a very good price. So even if you have to use 1.5/2 scoops, it's still a good price and you will see it works. The value right now has decreased even more! You can get 60 servings for $30, 120 servings for a little bit more. You just have to invest some time looking around.

Side Effects

I think I had none. I think my tireness was more because of my intense workouts and not because of Anarchy.

Conclusion

It works. It's not Anarchistic, it's like a 'Peaceful Anarchy'. It will give you pumps, it has a great value. The name looks intimidating but obviously it's exaggerated. It's a good competition for other Pre-Workouts with similar level like for example the Cellucor C4. I'll definitely try MuscleTech Anarchy again.
  • Nice Name