MarsheS

SR TROOPer

• Member has been active for 2 years, and was last online today
  • Social media account not linked

Reviews by MarsheS

INTRODUCTION

What's up Supplement Reviews (SR). Thanks to Nutrabio and Supplement Reviews for making this connection possible and trusting us. It's time to review Nutrabio Micellar Casein. I lift weights 5 days per week from Monday to Friday and I constantly take Protein supplements because my diet is not very high in protein so I usually have to take 2-3 scoops daily to meet my daily requirements of Protein for muscle growth/repair/maintenance/etc. I'm happy I was able to claim this Casein to see if it's worth it. Let's see how it worked and what the fictional "seller" of the title told "us" about the price... ;)

INGREDIENT PROFILE

The only protein source is Micellar Casein. 25 grams of Micellar Casein net, it's cold processed. 5 grams of BCAAs, 5 grams of Glutamic Acid (Glutamine precursor), 730mg of Calcium (70% of Daily Value). There was a mistake from Nutrabio saying it had 6.2 grams of BCAAs and 6.2 grams of Glutamine. They already corrected the mistake (thanks to SR user @DaSlaya for making the contacts). I asked the rep here at SR on May 31 about this issue and I'm still waiting for him to answer lol (Another reason I took longer to write this review). Nutrabio officially corrected the mistake so fair enough.

What else? You want to know about the Calories, Fat and Carbohydrates? Well, let me tell you something first... If you're worried about the Calories, Carbs and Fat of a protein supplement, then you have some symptoms of having a mental problem. I hate those people that cry about 3g of Carbs (1% of Daily Value!), 1g of Fat (1% of Daily Value!), 0.5g of Saturated Fat (3% of Daily Value!), 1 gram of sugar and 120 calories. Nothing to worry about!

TASTE/MIXABILITY/DOSING

*TASTE: I requested and received the Dutch Chocolate flavor. It's not the typical chocolate flavor, I liked it. Not the best I've tried but it's different and has a good taste. It's similar to a chocolate bar that has a purple paper covering it, I forgot the name of the chocolate...

*MIXABILITY: I'm not one of those persons that shake things 10-15 seconds and expect full mixability. If you do this then you have a symptom of a mental problem, seriously. If you throw the powder first and then the liquid and expect full mixability, you don't have a symptom of a mental problem (ok maybe yes), you're just doing something dumb! LIQUID FIRST then the powder. I shake for 45-60 seconds (might be too much but I always want to be sure). 30-45 should be the average time. Never gave me problems mixing it, good job.

*DOSING: 1 scoop in 6-8 ounces of water some minutes before bedtime and a couple of days during the day. I didn't use this everyday, that's why I took longer to finish this. I first worked only with 6oz (because the tub says 6oz) but then I did 8oz so I could remain fuller for a longer time.

EFFECTIVENESS

It's difficult to judge the effectiveness of a Casein Protein supplement. When I used 6oz, I was expecting to feel more full but it worked similar to a Whey Concentrate in terms of digestion time. With 8oz, I could feel those effects of feeling full for longer hours. Best thing is that the taste didn't decrease with the 8oz so good job. I had no problems with digestion. Casein proteins usually have a gritty texture, I could feel it in this one but not so much like in other Casein proteins. I still woke up hungry though but that's probably because my metabolism is too fast. Can't talk too much about recovery, I was taking BCAAs, Creatine, Whey Protein, etc, at the same time.

VALUE

Aaaaaaand this is the main part of this supplement IMO. The "car" was beautiful, we took a look inside and wow, beautiful. The thing is... the seller is asking for $40! Yes, it's not wrong, it's $40! I tried to find if there was a special ingredient (like enzymes) to see if the price was justified but nope, couldn't find any. Nutrabio products are usually expensive but it's usually because they are top quality and because they have ingredients that other supplements don't have so the saying "You're getting what you pay for" is valid for Nutrabio products. BUT that saying doesn't apply to this Casein and none of the reviews below this one that defended this price could give valid reasons to justify the price. I'm actually angry that one of the "Pros" option below is "Good Value". The average of this category is $30. What justifies this being $40? Only thing is that because Nutrabio is now sold by other sites (BB, Suppz, etc), then they had to increase the price in their own website. The thing is these mentioned websites also sell it for that price. BB doesn't carry the Casein yet though. Suppz also has it for $40.

But let's look at this: According to the reviews below, in 2013 and 2014, the price was $28 (which is its fair price). In 2015, they increased it to $34 and in 2017 they increased it to $40. I don't see anything in the formula that justifies the $12 increase. So unfortunately, this car is beautiful but too expensive! The Cold Processed doesn't justify it, neither does the instantized part. The competition's Casein supplements are way cheaper. Gold Standard Casein also has Aminogen, Dymatize Elite Casein uses Cross Flow Microfiltration... what does NutraBio has? Cold Processed (great, just like Dymatize).. anything else? No Maltodextrin? (Ok...), what else justifies a difference of $12? Exactly, nada. So stop defending what doesn't deserves any defense. I would only buy this if I get a 20% discount and I would still think twice before buying it. SO RUN AWAY HONEY, RUN, THE SELLER WANTS OUR MONEY!

SIDE EFFECTS

None, great job.

CONCLUSION

This Casein supplement has good doses of Protein, BCAA's, etc. It has a clean profile and it's effective. It also has a good taste (Dutch Chocolate). But the price is very expensive and not justified. They increased the price from $28 to $40 in 3 years and I couldn't find any valid reason to do it. The fair price is $30, no more than that. I'm dissapointed by Nutrabio, I can't recommend this product until they bring the cost down to $30.

SUGGESTIONS FOR THE COMPANY

1. Bring the price down to $30. You're not putting any additional ingredients like enzymes/prebiotics/probiotics/etc that could justify the $40 price.
 Pros:
 Cons:
  • 100 % Micellar Casein
  • Great Profile
  • Versatile
  • Aids Recovery
  • Informative Label
  • Anti-catabolic
  • Taste Wasn't Extraordinary
  • Unfair Value

INTRODUCTION

What's up SupplementReviews (SR). Thanks to SupplementReviews and NutraBio for making this possible and trusting us. Sorry for the delay writing this, it's just that I keep reading other reviews instead of writing my own! lol. I lift weights from Monday to Friday and preworkouts have become one of my favorite supplements to have, a must have. My workouts are usually +2 hours long so that's even more reasons to take a preworkout. I was very tempted to try Nutrabio PRE Extreme because of the ingredients and doses included so luckily, I was able to claim it :D

Like I sai...

INTRODUCTION

Like I said in my Nutrabio Reload's review, "NutraBio sent me a folder with pages explaining each one of their products (I also claimed their Casein and PRE Extreme), they also sent me one of their shakers and a letter telling me about their History and the advantages of their products like no amino spiking, no proprietary blends, full clinical dosages, etc. You can view this as just a way of manipulating me to give them high ratings or... you can view this as a way of letting me know they really care about their products. I prefer this second way of looking at that. I don't think they need to do the first one. I would do something similar like them if I was the owner of the company."

The results were very impressive, let's read why...

TASTE/MIXABILITY/DOSING

*TASTE: I requested the Green Apple flavor and I got it. I honestly wasn't expecting NutraBio PRE Extreme to taste well because of all the ingredients included. It's difficult to mix so many ingredients and make them taste well. But Nutrabio did a great job with the taste. The taste is not so strong nor weak, it's simply delicious! 9/10! I'm now tempted to try their Watermelon flavor.

MIXABILITY: Never gave me problems mixing it. Some slight foam was generated but nothing to worry about, just let it sit for some 30-60 seconds and it will vanish. Just remember: WATER FIRST, NOT THE POWDER! Don't complain about clumps if you put the powder first. Never tried it with this supplement but it's expected that will happen if you put the powder first.

DOSING: 1 scoop 30-45 minutes before working out. No more than 1 scoop. 20 total servings. Of course 30 servings would have been better but 20 servings is okay for a preworkout of this category. You're getting top quality ingredients with high doses. I never exceeded 1 scoop, it's not necessary.

EFFECTIVENESS

The ingredient profile is impressive. The product label is already added, people have also included it in other reviews so I won't talk too much about them. I love all the ingredients this included so I'll join both sections (ingredients and effectiveness) to talk about how effective they were.

- PUMP/VASCULARITY: Excellent results. The muscle fullness was decent and a lot of veins I don't normally see were visible so the combination between the 15g of Dextrin, 6g fermented Citrulline Malate, 1g Agmatine Sulfate, 750mg of Nitrosigine along with the Creatine worked great. I usually respond well to Citrulline and Agmatine so I was expecting good results in this area and I got them, it never dissapointed me. The Pump was a "healthy" one, it didn't affect my lifts, it wasn't painful.

- ENDURANCE & PERFORMANCE: Excellent results. I was able to workout for a longer time, I had to force myself to stop lifting! That's a feeling I love from preworkouts <3. I was also able to make supersets easier. The number of repetitions increased for every exercise. Recovery between sets was increased, I was able to rest less time between sets. I was able to do more exercises for each muscle. Great job from the 6g Citrulline Malate, 2.5g Carnosyn Beta Alanine, 3 grams of Creatine Monohydrate and HCL together, 350mg of 2 types of Caffeine (Anhydrous and Dicaffeine Malate). Tingles from Beta Alanine were alright, not so heavy on me.

- FOCUS: Excellent results. Focus was very decent similar to what I experienced with NRG Max from Maxler. I was always thinking about the sets, the repetitions, the next routines, the combinations, the inclusion of other exercises, etc. My mood was improved too. 1 or 2 days that it went down to average but overall, it was usually high. Great job from the 1.2 grams of N-Acetyl-L-Tyrosine (I usually see 1g of Tyrosine alone, I'm very surprised to see this high amount of this form of Tyrosine), 350mg of the 2 types of Caffeine mentioned above, 300mg Theanine, 100mcg of Huperzine A, 50mg of Hordenine HCL, etc.

- ENERGY: Excellent results. My previous preworkout had 400mg of Caffeine. I took some days off stimulants before taking Nutrabio PRE Extreme to reduce my caffeine tolerance but I was still worried about this. But I guess this is the proof that more caffeine doesn't mean more energy. The energy from this preworkout felt smooth, it felt like "free", it was an energy that was available to use, it wasn't extreme but it was intense, it was long lasting. It's the first time a supplement with Dicaffeine Malate works for me lol although maybe it was because of other ingredients like Yohimbe HCL (good job adding this), Hordenine HCL, etc. The energy was present until the end of my long +2 hours workouts so great job! It never dissapointed me. I also didn't have a post-workout Crash so I was happy about that. (I did with my previous preworkout).

- STRENGTH: Excellent results. Another important benefit of taking a preworkout is the Increased Strength. People that don't take preworkouts might feel strong at the beginning but then their strength starts to vanish. With Nutrabio PRE Extreme, my Strength always increased. One workout was better the next week than the previous week workout (wait, did I type that correctly? lol). I love Creatine HCL, I think it works. I tried it with MuscleTech Creactor and it worked great for me. I've tried it now a couple of times as pre-workout and it has worked very well for me. The combination of 1g of Creatine HCL (more than the standard 750mg) and 2g of Creatine Monohydrate is excellent. Some people might complain they are just getting 2g of Monohydrate but I don't think it's necessary. Don't touch what is working! lol. They expect the 2 forms of Creatine, the 2.5 grams of Betaine, the 3.5g of fermented Leucine, the 2.5g of Beta-Alanine and the help of other ingredients included to work well together and hey, they do. It's not easy to make ingredients work together. Too much of 1 ingredient can affect the others so I feel the 2g of Monohydrate is alright because of all the other ingredients they used to help improve our strength. Of course I had to try to increase my 1RM with this preworkout and I did :D The 1RM became 3 and 4 reps ;) Oh I forgot to thank the Dextrin too!

- ELECTROLYTE & HYDRATION: I drink small amounts of water after every set. I kept doing the same but it was more because it's already a habit I have, not because I was thirsty so yes, Hydration was better. Also good job with the added Vitamins to help balance and control all these ingredients! Same with Taurine.

Any other category you might want to add, all I have to say is that IT WORKED! I felt all the ingredients doing their job.

VALUE

Aaaaaaaaand this is the part people may run away from this product. Nutrabio's website has it for $43.99, Suppz for $42.99, IllPumpYouUp for $42.99, Nutrition Jungle for $42.99, etc. It has 20 servings. That's $2.15 per serving. It's expensive but it's worth it and it's a fair price. Nutrabio is using patented ingredients for almost all the ingredients they added (Carnosyn, ClusterDextrin, PharmaPure, Nitrosigine, Kyowa Quality, Infinergy and so on). So that must also be expensive for them. At the moment, you will not find a preworkout with these top quality ingredients and doses for a cheaper price. I challenge you to find one. I really doubt there's one right now that can equal this Ingredient Profile and have it for a cheaper price. So you're getting what you pay for. You want one of the best preworkouts? Then pay for it.

Good news for us people that like to buy cheap (yea, me :D) is that now that Nutrabio is more available, websites constantly run discounts, promotions, special offers for Nutrabio products so if I was you, I would look for them weekly. Meanwhile, you can save money to get this. That's what I'm going to do and NO! I won't tell you if I find one! hahahaha. But don't be a bad person like me, tell me if you find a good discount/promo/etc for this product :)

SIDE EFFECTS

Surprisingly, none. Never had to run to the bathroom with this. I thought the 6g of Citrulline Malate were going to send me to the bathroom a couple of times but nope, it was great, no side effects. I was also expecting some post-workout crash but nope, that didn't happen either. Just normal tireness from the heavy workouts.

CONCLUSION

For now, the best preworkout I've taken. Delicious Green Apple taste. Great mixability. Easy dosing. Great results on Pump, Vascularity, Energy, Focus, Strength, etc. (Read effectiveness again). Surprisingly no side effects. Preworkout with Carbs worked great. The only thing I wonder is that what would have happened if I didn't have Nutrabio Reload Recovery Matrix with me? I took it early in the morning several weeks and the PRE Extreme some hours later, MAYBE my effectiveness score is very high because of that. The days I didn't take Reload because it was finished, my workouts weren't affected, maybe 5% only. Expensive but it's worth to save some money to buy it. Good marketing. Fully transparent label.

SUGGESTIONS FOR THE COMPANY

1. Ignore the petitions of adding DMAA to this. That ingredient will be gone "forever" soon so no point adding it. Second of all, it doesn't need DMAA nor DMHA. I'm curious to see how this would work with DMHA though ;) but I think it's unnecessary.
2. I would like a Blue Raspberry flavor or a Pineapple flavor or maybe some Mango.
3. Maybe adding Bioperine would make this perfect. I don't think it's needed because it worked great for me but maybe that's what other users needed.

Great product, congratulations Nutrabio!
 Pros:
 Cons:
  • No Proprietary Blends
  • Nice Colors
  • High Doses
  • Decent Focus
  • High Performance
  • No Side Effects
  • Preworkout With Carbs
  • Great Endurance
  • Can Be Expensive
  • 20 Servings

INTRODUCTION

What's up SupplementReviews (SR). Thanks to SupplementReviews and NutraBio for making this possible and trusting us. It's time to review the most versatile supplement, NutraBio Reload Recovery Matrix. I lift weights 5 days a week and take the typical supplements: Creatine, BCAA, Aminoacids, Multivitamin, etc. When I saw Reload was available, I was very eager to try it and luckily, I was able to claim it.

INGREDIENT PROFILE

You can check the "MFR'S DESCRIPTION" on the left (below Product Label) to read why they added all the ingredients. There, they explain the purpose of each ingredient so I won't waste space nor time mentioning that here. I like all the ingredients NutraBio Reload has. Special mention to the 8 grams of fermented vegan source BCAA. 4-5 grams is the average of the industry so having 8 grams of fermented vegan BCAA in each serving is great! Another special mention to 1.5 grams of L-Carnitine Tartrate, I've read good things about its effectiveness post-workout for recovery. I also loved the combination between 1.5 grams of Betaine, 1.5 grams of Creatine HCL and 500mg of Creatine Magnapower. I couldn't find what's the standard dose for Creatine Magnapower but considering they added it to work well together with Betaine and Creatine HCL, then it's alright. That amount of Creatine HCL is double from the standard dose (standard is 750mg) so that's great. Betaine helps with Creatine synthesis and that's a good amount too.

Other ingredients worth mentioning: 5 grams of Glutamine (Kyowa Quality), 1.6 grams of Beta-Alanine, 1.5 grams of Taurine. I've never heard of the Kyowa Quality Glutamine but if it's patented, then it's alright.

And some Vitamins + Minerals. Great Nutrition Facts, top quality ingredients, patented ingredients probably make this more expensive.

TASTE/MIXABILITY/DOSING

TASTE: I requested Orange Mango and got it. I love both of those fruits so I knew I was going to like it. They did a great job with the flavor and taste. It's not the best I've had but it's delicious. It's very hard to mix a lot of ingredients together, I had some doubts before because of the Leucine amount but nope, it wasn't a problem. They also have Passion Fruit, I'm eager to try that one, it must be delicious too. And for you grumpy taste bastards, there's also an Unflavored version lol.

MIXABILITY: Slight foaming but nothing to worry about. No clumps. Great mixing. It's difficult to mix so many ingredients together but they made it, good job. I just hope people throw in the water first and then the powder... If you do the opposite with any supplement, then don't complain about clumps.

DOSING: 1 scoop per day. They say that :"if training in the evening, take 1 serving early in the day". That's what I did, I took 1 serving like 1 hour after my breakfast. And considering this has a lot of post-workout ingredients, then sometimes I switched that serving after my workouts.

EFFECTIVENESS

Considering the difference in effectiveness, I'll separate this based on the 2 situations I took this: Early in the day (1 hour after my breakfast) and Post-Workout.

Early In the day (1 hour after my breakfast): Surprisingly, this was the moment I had the best results from NutraBio Reload. I usually feel the effects of aminoacids if I take them during the day before working out. And Reload wasn't the exception, the thing is in this case, it wasn't only BCAA, it was a bunch of ingredients that help you increase your performance, strength, recovery between sets and many other benefits. My recovery time between sets decreased, my strength increased, number of repetitions increased, I could workout for longer time, etc. I got the clean energy feeling after taking this. 8.5/10

Post-Workout: Looking at the ingredients, I thought this was going to be the perfect moment to take Reload. I don't know if my expectations were too high because of the ingredients but the effectiveness was "okay", nothing special. It wasn't bad but it felt like a normal amino acid supplement. The tingles from Beta-Alanine and Niacin are kind of annoying when it comes to Post-Workout, I love them pre-workout but not Post-workout. My post-workout recovery was average. Maybe my body wasn't digesting the ingredients correctly because sometimes I had to run to the bathroom after taking this. I combined it with food and sometimes it didn't give me any problems and sometimes it did. And taking Whey Protein after or before this is not a good idea. So I had to take this alone usually. My body wasn't completely comfortable taking this Post-Workout which is why I tried it most times Early in the Day. Maybe this is why they changed the name to "Reload"?? (It was called NutraBio Post Recovery). Why they removed the Bioperine? This can be the cause... 7/10

VALUE

NutraBio's website, Bodybuilding.com, Suppz, GNC have it for $39.99. It's not cheap BUT it's a fair price. The quality of the ingredients justifies the price. Just save some money and get it. You won't regret it.

SIDE EFFECTS

Sometimes I had to run to the bathroom after taking this. Don't know why, most of the times Post-Workout. Happened a couple of times. That's why I had to lower the score a bit. From 30 servings, it happened like 5 times, 4 post-workout and 1 early in the day.

CONCLUSION

Good list of ingredients. Top quality ingredients. Orange Mango is a very delicious taste. No problems mixing it. Great early in the day. Okay as Post-Workout. Nice marketing. Fair price. Nice name. Enhanced recovery between sets. Average recovery post-workout. Full transparency. Added vitamins/minerals. I called it "The most versatile supplement" because you can take this whenever you want. Early in the day, pre-workout, intra-workout, post-workout, anytime you want! And it will work.

SUGGESTIONS FOR THE COMPANY

1. Add the "Bioperine" to the formula again, why did you remove it? I think that would have helped me a lot digesting it post-workout without the side effects mentioned.
2. To lower the price, I would suggest removing the patented ingredients. Their normal versions (normal pure Glutamine and normal Beta-Alanine) would do a good job too IMO. But only if it means you will lower the price to $35 maybe... if not, then leave it as it is.
 Pros:
 Cons:
  • Enhanced Recovery
  • Vegan
  • Electrolytes
  • Has Vitamins
  • Nice Name
  • Reduced Fatigue
  • No Bioperine
  • Tingles Post-Workout
  • Upset Stomach
  • Only 2 Flavors

Thanks to Divided Labs for sending it out!

INTRODUCTION

What's up SupplementReviews (SR). Sorry for my delay writing this review. It's time to review this interesting product called Diverge Max from Divided Labs. Thanks to SupplementReviews and Divided Labs for participating in the SR Troop Program and trusting us. I lift weights 5 days per week and I consume a lot of supplements like Protein, Aminoacids, Creatine, Preworkouts, etc. I have never taken any prohormones, SARMS nor anabolic steroids and I don't plan to, I prefer the long difficult but safe route. I'm always looking for new healthy ingredients that can help me increase muscle mass, strength, recovery, etc, without affecting my health. Even though this product is in the Prohormone section, from what I've read, it doesn't have any prohormones so I feel I didn't "violate my own rule".

INGREDIENT PROFILE

Only 3 ingredients: 100mg of Epicatechin per cap, 50mg of Laxosterone per cap and 5mg of Bioperine per cap. 60 total caps.

Previous reviewer "abailey108" did a good job explaining the ingredients. But in case you want to read/know more, SupplementReviews has more info here (I feel people don't use this area so often): https://supplementreviews.com/ingredients/-epicatechin (Epicatechin) and here: https://supplementreviews.com/ingredients/5a-hydroxy-laxogenin (Laxosterone) and here: https://supplementreviews.com/ingredients/black-pepper-extract (Bioperine).

I like the ingredients it has, I like the doses. Like I said, only thing is that Laxosterone shouldn't be in this category. Diverge Max states the product is "Non-Hormonal Anabolic Igniter".

CLAIMS (some)

- Maximize Lean Muscle Growth
- Massive Strength Increases
- Increase Protein Synthesis and Nitrogen Retention
- Elevate Insulin Sensitivity and Glucose Dispersal
- Improve Vascularity and Muscle Fullness

OTHER SUPPLEMENTS TAKEN

I was also taking: Protein, BCAA/Aminoacids, Preworkout, Creatine, Glutamine, Fish Oil, Nature Restore BoneBoost, Insane Veinz and... don't remember what else lol. So considering this, it was VERY difficult to determine the effectiveness of Diverge Max. This was the main reason I took so long to write this review. I was taking products that could also meet the claims above. But I usually take them so maybe I can really say if this helped me or not, let's see...

EFFECTIVENESS

So let's start with what I think it didn't help me with: I FEEL it didn't help me with Strength. I was taking a K-XR (a Preworkout I reviewed) and I didn't see any strength increase (not from Diverge Max nor from K-XR) lol. Yea, I was sad. But then K-XR ended and I took a week off stimulants (as usual). I was surviving my routine with Creatine, Aminoacids, etc. These days my Strength didn't increase but it didn't decrease either. I don't think it was because of Diverge Max but I'll leave the doubt here lol. So overall, the massive strength increase claim didn't work for me. "Abailey108" noticed some increased strength (not massive) though.

- Another claim that didn't meet the expectations was: "Improve Vascularity and Muscle Fullness". Saw nothing extra. The Vascularity and Muscle Fullness came from other supplements, not from Diverge Max. The claim that it "elevates insulin sensitivity and glucose dispersal" couldn't be determined, sorry.

- I feel Diverge Max did an "ok" job with me with the remaining 2 claims: Increase Protein Synthesis and Nitrogen Retention + Maximize Lean Muscle Growth. It wasn't something special or extraordinary but I feel that atleast it helped me with 5%. Sometimes I want to think it helped me 10% but then I reconsider it and consider that "extra" 5% as placebo. I feel it helped me build/develop more muscle so it helped me with muscle growth. So if it helped me with muscle growth, it should have helped me with Protein Synthesis and Nitrogen Retention because one thing causes the other thing.

So Diverge Max wasn't all dissapointing about results. My Post-Workout Recovery was slightly increased. My 4 main objectives were: Muscle Growth, Recovery Strength and Pump. It helped me with 2 out of 4. Remember I was also taking Protein, Creatine, etc though but I always take them, I feel the results were slightly better with Diverge Max included in the combo. Diverge Max also says you can take this product for up to 12 weeks and then cycle off for 4 weeks! And I only used 1 bottle which would mean 4-5 weeks. I feel that with 12 weeks of use, that 5% can turn into a 15% "easily". Which is why I consider this an interesting product. I feel that with more bottles, the ratings would go higher.

TASTE/MIXABILITY/DOSING

TASTE: No taste nor aftertaste.
MIXABILITY: Capsules were easy to swallow.
DOSING: Same like "Abailey108", I took 1 capsule inmediately after breakfast and 1 capsule inmediately after dinner because I was more interested in the muscle growth benefit instead of the strength and pump. Diverge Max recommends you to split the dosage so it can be 1 with breakfast and 1 with lunch or 1 with lunch and 1 with dinner.

VALUE

Divided Labs website has it for $64.95, Suppz has it for $59.95, GetSupps for $59.95, Amazon for $59.95. It's too expensive. I would feel better paying $35, maybe $40 but not more than that, considering you need 2 or more bottles. If it's $35, then I would happily pay $70-75 for 2 bottles to see better results. It's only 3 ingredients. With $60, I can buy better products to get better results so you will have to do something about the price.

SIDE EFFECTS

CONCLUSION

Interesting Product, interesting ingredients. Good dose. Low results. Need more than 1 bottle. No increased Strength. No increased Pump. Slight increased recovery. More muscle growth. Too expensive. Easy to swallow caps.

SUGGESTIONS FOR THE COMPANY

1. Lower the price so we can buy more bottles and get better results. 1 bottle isn't enough to see the results and with that price of $60, it's too difficult to buy 2 bottles or more because that would be $120...
  • Nice Logo
  • Muscle Growth
  • No Increased Strength
  • No Increased Pump
  • No Increased Vascularity

Thanks to VMI Sports Nutrition for sending it out!

INTRODUCTION

What's up SupplementReviews (SR). This is my second review of this product. Unfortunately, SupplementReviews suffered a database error and my first review couldn't be recovered :( Thanks to SupplementReviews and VMI Sports Nutrition for trusting us and making this possible through the SR Troop Program. I took 1 week off stimulants before taking K-XR to reduce my caffeine tolerance. The plan was to take 2 weeks off but I had to take Amino-Tone + Energy. I lift weights 5 days a week from Monday to Friday and preworkouts have become my second most important supplements to take. Customer Service is excellent, the rep from the brand here at SR always answered what I wrote, shipping was fast and they were nice enough to send me samples of each of their flavors for the K-XR so good job with the marketing!

After reading the first reviews of K-XR, (10's and 9's), most of us were very eager to try this product because it's very difficult to receive a 9 at SupplementReviews, even less a 10. I couldn't believe those scores because the Nutrition Fact doesn't really look so strong on Ingredients. Fortunately, it became available through the SR Troop Program and I was able to grab it so let's see how it worked...

INGREDIENT PROFILE

3 Proprietary Blends. I don't mind Proprietary Blends, I think companies have the right to protect their formulas. I just want the ingredients to work well together and not be underdosed. If I only think as a consumer, of course all I care about is transparency but hey, not everything is about the consumer's view. That being said, full transparency should always be rewarded. The company that protects the formula should give some "hints" about the possible amounts of their ingredients for us consumers to perceive they aren't underdosed. VMI Sports kind of give us a few hints. They tell us each scoop has 400mg of Caffeine from 3 caffeine sources so that's a plus. 1 of the caffeine sources is released really fast (citrate), the other is released fast (anhydrous) and the other one is slow (continuous) release. In theory that's a good combination. It worked? Just wait for the effectiveness part...

The Intense Pump Blend with 3300mg consists of 3 ingredients: Beta-Alanine, Taurine and Theobromine. This blend tells me it's not so underdosed because it could be 2g-1g-300mg or 1.5g-1.5g-300mg. These are the "hints" I'm talking about. It's far from the clinical dose of 3.2g of Beta-Alanine but Beta-Alanine is effective for me with 2g doses. I congratulate VMI Sports because they tried a combination of ingredients for Pump that are not so common. For Pumps, we see the typical Citrulline, Arginine, Agmatine, Hydromax, etc, but not Beta-Alanine, Taurine and Theobromine... It worked? Continue waiting for the effectiveness part, you're almost there ;)

And finally the Focus and Cognitive Enhancing Blend with 500mg of 2 ingredients: Choline Bitartrate and Huperzia Serrata Extract. Good ingredients that are proven. Was that dose enough? Ok no more waiting...

EFFECTIVENESS

And finally the part you've been waiting for... "Does this deserve a score of 10 or 9!? tell me MarsheS!" *After laughing for 30 minutes...* Hell no! It doesn't! This preworkout had something strange, it had different effectiveness with distractions and without distractions. With distractions example can be a phone call, people chatting, people talking about different topics (sports, politics, etc) and other examples. So i'll divide this section in 2: With Distractions and Without Distractions.

WITHOUT DISTRACTIONS: It worked alright without distractions. The PUMP BLEND never got to work, no additional pump nor vascularity BUT it's not all about Pump. That blend worked alright in terms of endurance and fatigue delay. I could recover faster between sets. It wasn't something extraordinary (nothing 9 nor 10) but it worked alright, like an 8. I thought the tingling sensation was because of the Beta-Alanine but then I saw this also had Niacin. The ENERGY BLEND worked well together with the previous blend but I was expecting more considering the energy blend is the main attribute of K-XR and because of the scores received. The energy decreased a lot after 60 minutes. The sustained release caffeine hasn't worked for me so well in other supplements and this wasn't the exception. After the fast release caffeines were gone, it was all about survival and finally finishing the workout. It wasn't like other preworkouts that I had to force myself to finish my workout; with K-XR I was happy I finished my workout because I just didn't want to continue. My workouts usually last 1 hour 45 minutes - 2 hours, with 15-20 minutes of warm up. The FOCUS BLEND was decent as long as you didn't suffer any distractions. Post-Workout Crash.

WITH DISTRACTIONS: I think this one is more important than the one without distractions because we usually get distracted while we lift. If you sit for 5 minutes minimum or receive a phone call and talk for some minutes or talk about different life topics (What I call distractions), then the energy was gone. It was like the energy telling you: "Hey, if you're not going to use me, then I'm gone". I would feel some energy inside my body but it wasn't available to use. That would produce a feeling of something cold inside of you (like chills kind of). The focus was gone. Focus was good until distractions came. Once they came, bye bye Focus. I know focus ingredients can't do all the job but this didn't help me recover from the distractions. And the endurance, fatigue delay, etc were gone too. The tireness feeling would last the whole workout so obviously the other "benefits" wouldn't come. I was very dissapointed with these effects. No pump nor vascularity. I don't want to completely blame the 3 ingredients Beta-Alanine, Taurine and Theobromine. MAYBE they didn't give us pump nor vascularity because of the high amount of Caffeine. Post-Workout Crash.

And... did you notice I never talked about STRENGTH? When I saw the formula, I asked myself what ingredient was going to give me increased strength? I think that they probably expected that "intense energy" to produce additional strength but they were wrong because it didn't. One thing is energy, another thing is strength, don't confuse them. All the weights felt heavier and I couldn't increase the weight of any of my lifts. That means no increased strength. I knew I was going to be dissapointed with the strength area. I know you wanted to do a creatine free product BUT when preworkouts don't have creatine and want to give additional strength, then they add other ingredients like BCAA's, Betaine and/or maybe more proven ingredients to increase nitric oxide and that would give us more strength. But unfortunately, this wasn't the case. For additional strength, I had to add a scoop of my Betancourt Creatine Plus. It worked great! :D

So the final result of effectiveness is: 6.7: "Seemed like it was working, but not much of a boost."

TASTE/MIXABILITY/DOSING

TASTE: I requested the Miami Vice flavor or the Tropical Punch flavor but I received the Blueberry Raz flavor. I thought it would be the typical Blue Raspberry artificial flavor but nope, I was wrong. Blueberry Raz is a combination of 3 flavors: Blueberry, Pineapple and Coconut. When I saw it had Coconut, I thought I wasn't going to like this but I was wrong. The flavor was DELICIOUS! I miss it now that it's gone :'( I could feel each one of the 3 flavors. Congratulations for the delicious flavor, original and unique combination. 9/10!

Judging the other flavors because I had a sample of them would be kind of unfair. But if you would like to know my thoughts, then the Miami Vice was alright, I liked it too, not like the Blueberry Raz but it was tasty. It's a mix of Strawberry, Pineapple and Coconut. 8/10! The Tropical Punch flavor was also alright, it's a combination of Watermelon, Strawberry and Coconut. 7.5/10! And then the Cherry Lime Italian Ice. I didn't like it, it tasted like medicine. 5/10. That could have changed with 30 servings though but I hated the taste lol.

MIXABILITY: Never gave me problems mixing it. Humidity never affected the powder. Good job! 10/10!

DOSING: I took 1 scoop with 10oz of water 40 minutes before working out. Why 40? Because I usually had to go to the bathroom after taking this lol!

VALUE

Tiger Fitness has it for $34.99, Suppz has it for $34.99 but they are giving you a free Agmapure from the same brand so get it while it lasts! Amazon prices always change, right now, I saw one for $25, others are $29-$30. A1Supplements has it for $34.95. AllStarHealth for $29.99, Vitamin Discount Center for $32.99, etc. I wouldn't pay more than $25 for this Preworkout. The results are too average and that's what an average preworkout should cost. I wouldn't pay more than that unless I get a deal like the one Suppz has.

SIDE EFFECTS

Diarrhea after taking it. It happened with like 15 servings, upset stomach with other 5 servings. I could only lift without going to the bathroom only like 10 days. I don't know if it was because of the amount of dyes or the high amount of Caffeine or a combination of both. I think the user workoutguru mentioned it could be the Rauwolfia. If you want to know the difference between being tired because of the workout and a Post-Workout Crash, then take K-XR. Always suffered a crash like 1-2 hours after finishing my workout. If you combine this + the "Without Distractions" effect, then the day was awful!

CONCLUSIONS

A lot of caffeine but with average results. More is not always better. No additional Pump nor Vascularity. Endurance, Focus, Fatigue Delay were ok but nothing special nor extraordinary. IMO, this preworkout is for first time users that don't do heavy weightlifting and they do some cardio after lifting. First time users should make sure to begin with half scoop though. The value might be better for them because of that. Considering this didn't give me increased strength and the effects of the other ingredients were average, then I wouldn't recommend this preworkout for experienced users. Most brands have an average preworkout and a stronger preworkout. If VMI expected this to be their strongest preworkout, then they are wrong. You might get tired of your bathroom. Delicious flavor, I loved it. Excellent customer service and marketing. Nice colors and label. Don't know how this preworkout reached a score of 10 and 9 here at SupplementReviews because it's not even close to that. I'm dissapointed because I had high expectations.

SUGGESTIONS FOR THE COMPANY

1. Investigate what is possibly causing all the side effects we have all mentioned because they are obviously affecting the performance and effectiveness of the ingredients.
2. Remove most of the dyes, it's too much. The heavy colors won't make us like the preworkout more unless you're trying to convince an 18 year old (which would be a first time user). If the dyes are there because they neutralize a bad taste from one of the ingredients, then ok. But if not, then remove the excess.
3. Do something for us to get additional strength. Add some Creatine or Betaine or BCAA's or do something about it because a preworkout that doesn't give any strength is very bad IMO (unless you only do cardio stuff).
4. Change the name of the "Intense Pump Blend" to "Intense Endurance or Performance Blend". Sounds more real.
5. Lower the Caffeine amount and put more milligrams in the Intense Pump Blend.
6. Considering the high amount of stimulants, then add more Focus ingredients or increase the dose.
  • Slight Increased Endurance
  • Dyes
  • Contains Proprietary Blends
  • Some Sides
  • Chills

(SR paid for product; Insane Labz did not participate)

INTRODUCTION

What's up Supplement Reviews. It's time to review Insane Veinz from the brand Insane Labz. Thanks to SupplementReviews for buying this so I could try it. Sorry for the delay, it's just that sometimes I had to stop taking this because I wanted to see the effects of other supplements I was also taking. When you check the name of the product, you're probably expecting a review of me judging the Pump and Vascularity but that would be an incomplete way of judging products like this. It's all about getting most of the benefits Nitric Oxide can give us and they are way more than just getting Pump and Vascularity. Knowing this, let's see how it worked...

INGREDIENT PROFILE

Proprietary Blend! Informed consumers hate them but we have to understand that it's important to protect the formula. I don't mind Proprietary Blends, as long as they work and I don't feel the ingredients in the blend are underdosed. Considering the first review didn't talk deeply about the ingredients and that SR paid for this, then I'll proceed to talk about them:

+ It starts with 200mg of Sodium Chloride (NaCl - a.k.a. Salt) which is 8% of Daily Value. Why add salt? Salt, with valid and invalid reasons, has been demonized by some people. Salt is important for several health benefits and can also benefit us weight lifters. Elevated levels of Nitric Oxide can decrease our blood pressure. Sodium Chloride helps to maintain normal blood pressure. It doesn't mean you have to abuse though, not excessive salt and not excessive Nitric Oxide. Excessive salt can cause high blood pressure so keep it balanced. It also helps our nerves transmit signals and helps the body maintain fluid balance. Salt also helps to regulate Muscle contractions, eliminate excessive carbon dioxide, helps with glucose absorption and many other benefits. So good job adding this.

+ 1,250mg of Agmatine Sulfate. First, good job for telling us the amount of the main ingredient. This is the main ingredient of Insane Veinz so it's important to know the amount we're getting. The average amount of Agmatine Sulfate is 500mg approximately (sometimes even 250mg). Insane Veinz gives us 1,250mg! That's a very high amount. Agmatine is one of the best ingredients to elevate nitric oxide levels and get pumps + vascularity. Some people require high doses, others with 500mg are already happy. Agmatine activates the production of Nitric Oxide. Agmatine also protects the brain from toxins and other health problems. Human studies are very limited but the experience weight lifters have had with this ingredient are positive. If you're going to take a high dose like this one, then try to take it separated from supplements containing D-Aspartic Acid, L-Arginine, L-Citrulline, Yohimbe, Rauwolscine, atleast until more human studies become available.

THE START OF THE PROPIETARY BLEND:
The Proprietary Blend's total amount is 2,290mg. Out of those, 1,250mg is from Agmatine Sulfate so that leaves us with 1,040mg to distribute between 3 ingredients:

+ Betaine Anhydrous: Betaine has various benefits like promoting cell hydration, improving performance, strength, endurance, slightly decreasing Cortisol, might increase Nitric Oxide and will help you build muscle. The lowest active dose seems to be 500mg but for performance benefits, the amount has to be higher so it might seem this is underdosed. The amount of other supplements are 1.25g-2.50g and studies have used those high amounts so this seems underdosed. You might still be able to feel some benefits though because it's close to the lowest active dose.

+ Beet Root Extract: I hate beets lol. I've never taken this ingredient alone but the Pump supplements that include it have worked well for me. It's included for its high nitrate amount but Insane Veinz tells us this has 1% Nitrate. It sounds very low but I don't know if that 1% is ok or not.

+ And finally the last ingredient: Russian Tarragon Extract: It's difficult to find the reasons of why they added this. It seems to increase creatine uptake without needing any carbohydrates, with a 1,000mg dose combined with 5g Creapure... Insane Veinz doesn't have any Creapure though.

EFFECTIVENESS

Like I said, I won't only judge Pump and Vascularity because the main aspect is to increase nitric oxide levels and get the benefits that come with that. Some of those benefits can be: Better recovery post-workout by allowing more oxygen and nutrients to go to the muscles, increase strength, endurance, facilitate the elimination of lactic acid accumulation produced by the exercises, reduces fatigue, recovery between sets, helps the immune system to combat bacterias, helps with memory, Pump, Vascularity, etc.

I tried Insane Veinz by itself and then combined with a preworkout and it worked well both times. I was surprised by how it worked by itself, I wasn't expecting much but it was effective with the muscle fullness and vascularity but also with the improved endurance, reduced fatigue and faster recovery between sets. Surprisingly, the last 3 effects were felt more when taken alone than when combined with a preworkout (atleast the one I tried). With the preworkout, it worked alright, it was effective but considering how it worked alone, I was expecting a bit more when it was combined. Vascularity was still visible post-workout. Considering my body fat isn't low, then you might get even better results than me with the Vascularity part.

I usually respond well to supplements containing Agmatine and this wasn't the exception. The high dose of Agmatine helped a lot and considering I also saw the other benefits from increased nitric oxide, then I have to assume the other ingredients worked well together too. When training for strength, I usually rest 3 minutes but with Insane Veinz, my rest time was reduced to 1.5 minutes/2 minutes. Felt less tired, I sometimes thought I had I was taking caffeine but I wasn't (when taking Veinz alone). When combined with the stimulant preworkout, pump and vascularity were increased but not significantly. Could have been because my preworkout had 400mg Caffeine.

TASTE/MIXABILITY/DOSING

*TASTE: I requested Grape and got Grape. First serving: "Hey this taste is good!". The next day: "Hey this taste isn't so good as I thought..." And the next days I didn't like it :( I wouldn't say it's a bad flavor though but it's not good either. It's drinkable. The flavor at the beginning isn't so strong and it's alright but then as I drank more, I could strongly feel the artificial chemicals, that's where it gets bad lol. I gave this to 2 other persons to try and they liked the flavor. One of them loved the flavor, the other said it was alright. I say it's drinkable. So you'll have to taste it yourself lol. Insane Veinz also has Fruit Punch and Unflavored available.

*MIXABILITY: Excellent, never gave me problems mixing it. Had humidity problems but only at the end when the tub was almost finished.

*DOSING: It has 35 servings. That's a good amount of servings. When taken alone, I took 1 scoop of this 15 minutes before working out (I warm up like 20-30 minutes that's why). When taken with a stimulant preworkout, I first took Insane Veinz 45 minutes before working out and then the stimulant preworkout 15 minutes before working out. You can just put them together too and drink it 30 minutes before working out.

VALUE

Online, you can only buy it from their website for $54.95. Their website mentions some retailers that apparently have it like Complete Nutrition (their website didn't have the product), Redline Nutrition (Their website has the product name but I couldn't see any prices visible, their website seems to be having problems), Supplement Giant (they don't have it) and others so the only trusted price here is the $54.95. It's very expensive which is why I gave it a value of 6. The fair price would be $35. You can get cheaper agmatine supplements but with lower doses and only with Agmatine included. So I think $35 for 35 servings of Insane Veinz would be a fair price. They can probably reduce that price of $54.95 if they get to sell it massively. They put in some samples of Psychotic and Insane Focus. Unfortunately, I had an accident with the Psychotic sample so I couldn't try it :( I haven't tried the Insane Focus sample yet, I'm waiting for something stressful to come so I can take it lol. If money isn't an issue to you, then try it.

SIDE EFFECTS

NONE.

CONCLUSION

Insane Veinz is more than just Pump and Vascularity. Your performance will be greatly improved, fatigue will be reduced, Vascularity and Pump will be very visible, Agmatine Sulfate amount is high, it has beet root extract and betaine, flavor is drinkable, price is too expensive and... overall, effective supplement for people with good money! lol. Hope they get that price down and change that damn taste! And to finish... be careful with Jason, he might be watching you ;) *Goes and watch Jason X again after writing this review* lol.
 Pros:
 Cons:
  • Good Advertisement
  • Reduced Fatigue
  • Increased Performance
  • Cool Name
  • Cool Colors
  • Not Good Taste
  • Proprietary Blend

Thanks to Nature Restore for sending it out!

INTRODUCTION

What's up Supplement Reviews (SR). It's time to review "BoneBoost" from the brand "Nature Restore". This is my second attempt of writing this review. The first one got deleted accidentally when I hit the F5 button :( Lifters, including me, usually care about muscles, fat and sometimes about our joints. But a small amount of lifters care about bones, unless they get injured. But lifting isn't only about muscles and fat percentage, it's also about bones. They support a lot of the weight we lift daily and while we take supplements to recover, we usually don't take anything to recover our bones. I would consider my calcium intake to be low. I don't drink too much milk, the Calcium I take usually comes from Whey Protein supplements and the occasional glass of milk. Is it enough? For a person that doesn't lift, probably yes but for a weight lifter, I think it's not enough because apart from the potential benefit for our bones, Calcium also has various other benefits for our health. But I will concentrate on reviewing this supplement based on what it did for my bone health.

Nature Restore did a good job sending this. They gave me 2 samples and sent me like a pamphlet that has information and nutrition facts of their other products so good job doing that. Other companies should do something similar.

CLAIMS

"BoneBoost combines highly bio-available form of minerals with a proven herbal blend to support strong bones. Formulated with extracts that have shown promise in peer reviewed journals, BoneBoost is for the active person who may have concern with their bone density."

INGREDIENT PROFILE

Considering this is the first review, I'll have to mention all the ingredients this has:
- Vitamin D3 (200 iu - 33% Daily Value): Vitamin D helps to protect bones and helps with Calcium Absorption. For Calcium to be absorbed adequately, it needs Vitamin D, they have like an intimate relationship so always make sure that the Calcium supplement you get, has Vitamin D included or just make sure to take Vitamin D during your day. The 200iu amount is kind of low because the minimum should be 400iu. But I don't have a problem with that. We most likely take Vitamin D from other sources (sunlight, multivitamins, food) and it's not hugely underdosed.

- Vitamin K2 (2cmg): This Vitamin is not so popular and it's not known so much. It is believed to participate in bone metabolism preventing fractures, osteoporosis, maintaining bone strength, etc. It also works together with Vitamin D and Calcium. According to Examine.com, the minimum effective dose for Vitamin K1 is 50mcg while the minimum effective dose of Vitamin K2 (and its subdivisions) is 1,500mcg for MK-4 (one subdivision) and between 90-360mcg for MK-7. According to WebMD.com, Men aged 19+ should take 120mcg of Vitamin K per day and BoneBoost only has 2mcg :/ Heavily underdosed. I understand you expect these ingredients to work well together so I don't expect all of them to be clinically dosed but 2mcg!? Come on...

- Calcium (AlgaeCal - 400mg - 40% Daily Value): This is an organic plant based Calcium. There's not a lot of information and studies about this ingredient. It is believed AlgaeCal is more absorbable by our bodies which could also mean it's more bioavailable to our body. It is also said that AlgaeCal won't cause Constipation like other Calcium forms. This amount is okay, it's not highly dosed but not underdosed either. We can't compare this dose with other Calcium forms because even though the other forms are higher in dose, those high amounts are not completely absorbed or used by the body so it's all about what really gets absorbed.

- Magnesium Citrate (16mg - 5% Daily Value): Magnesium is very important for our body and even more when we lift weights. Lot of reactions need Magnesium to occur in our bodies. Calcium, apart from needing Vitamin D and K, also need Magnesium to increase absorption and availability and to let Magnesium do its job. Magnesium defficiency can cause a lot of problems like Arthritis and Osteoporosis. It's important that if we increase Calcium intake, we must also increase Magnesium intake and viceversa. Magnesium helps the body take calcium to the bones and participates in bone metabolism along with many other benefits. The amount of Magnesium needed is between 200-500mg so this is heavily underdosed too. Same comment I did with the Vitamin K. One thing is working together but for them to work together, atleast put them with half of the minimum dose lol. Good form of Magnesium though.

- Zinc (5mg - 40% Daily Value): Zinc stimulates the production of osteoblasts which are cells that help to form bones. They help produce collagen, calcium and other ingredients that are part of the bones. It also helps to prevent bone loss. This amount is acceptable, it's a good dose unless you have zinc defficiency. Try taking Zinc at a different time than Calcium, Magnesium and Iron because according to Examine.com, they 4 use the same transporter. "If the transporter's uptake limit (800mg) is exceeding between these four minerals, absorption rates will fall. Taking less than 800mg of these four minerals at the same time is fine."

- Copper (300mcg): Copper helps to form collagen for our bones and connective tissues and it also fortifies them. Diets high in sugar make our body excrete copper. The 300mcg seems to be on the low side but it's not heavily underdosed, just a bit. Don't take excess copper.

- Manganese (700mcg): The 700mcg is also on the low side with 2g being the recommended dose. Some of it is found to be in the bones. It helps to form bones and connective tissues. It also helps with Calcium absorption. Don't take excess manganese (10mg). If you increase calcium intake, also increase manganese.

- Boron (1mg): Prevents bone loss, helps the body produce and use Vitamin D, increases bone formation, helps to maintain calcium and magnesium in the body and other benefits. It's also on the low side but not heavily underdosed.

Proprietary BoneBoost blend (624mg) of:
- Cuscuta chinensis seed: Some parasitic plant that helps to treat Osteoporosis. Combined with other herbs, it increased the number of Osteoblasts, slowed down the death of osteoblasts, helped with calcium absorption, helped produce collagen. I wasn't so convinced about these claims because they don't make too much emphasis on them. They make emphasis on other benefits not related to bones. Don't know if the amount is ok or not. I couldn't find any dose to use as a reference. Found 2 supplements at Amazon containing this ingredient but I don't know if they are a good reference.

- Epimedium extract: Other name for the common Horny Goat Weed. Reduces the rate of bone loss but nothing special. Might increase bone density at the hip and lower back. Don't know about the amount here, it's a proprietary blend.

- Polygonum Cuspidatum: Difficult to find the benefits of this plant. Apparently, this plant has a high concentration of Resveratrol and that's where the benefits might come from. Resveratrol might increase bone density. Inflamations might reduce the number of Osteoblasts (cells that make bones) and increase the number of Osteoclasts (cells that break down bones). So the anti-inflammatory properties of Resveratrol might balance the Osteoblast-Osteoclast ratio to bring it to a normal level so it contributes to bone health. BUT the problem here is that this is not Resveratrol itself, it's a plant with "high" concentrations of it but we don't know if the dose this plant has in this supplement has enough Resveratrol to produce the benefits I just mentioned.

And finally that's it, damn! I took hours investigating all of that! Hope you all read that lol.

TASTE/MIXABILITY/DOSING

- TASTE: They were in capsule form. There was no taste nor aftertaste.
- MIXABILITY: Didn't need any mixing. The vegetarian capsules were very easy to swallow.
- DOSING: 3 capsules daily with a meal. I usually took 3 capsules after my breakfast. Tried a few days taking the 3 capsules after my dinner. It has 90 vegetarian capsules so 3 a day means 30 servings.

EFFECTIVENESS

I didn't really had a problem with my bones. I have an injury on my left hand wrist and I thought this would help with it. I bought a normal Calcium Carbonate supplement some days before taking BoneBoost. That supplement has Vitamin D and Calcium Carbonate in tablet form. So I was able to compare both forms of Calcium (Calcium Carbonate vs AlgaeCal). The cheap Calcium Carbonate felt heavy in my throat and stomach, it was obvious my body had to work more to absorb it. I knew it would be like that though, I got 400 tablets of Calcium Carbonate + Vitamin D for $15 lol, don't expect something easy to digest.

With BoneBoost it was different. The 3 capsules were easy to swallow and the digestion was great. I didn't feel heavy, my body wasn't working hard to digest the capsules so the claims that AlgaeCal increases absorption was true IMO. Another benefit I saw with BoneBoost was that it wasn't causing me any Constipation. The Calcium Carbonate tablets were causing me constipation. So good job there BoneBoost. It's difficult (not impossible) to say if it helped me with my bones. I think it did help me because I didn't suffer any joint and bone problem while lifting. I didn't take any joint support supplement and I'm lifting heavy weights so it's a plus that BoneBoost helped me not to get any type of joint/bone pain. BoneBoost helped to alleviate my injury on my left wrist but only temporary, just like 20% which is alright. That just tells me the problem of the injury isn't 100% about my bones. Most studies are from people taking these type of ingredients for lot of months so I wasn't expecting much from 1 bottle of BoneBoost. But I saw significant benefits that makes me want to try BoneBoost again and take it consistently.

VALUE

Amazon has it right now for $20.95 (free shipping if $35+) and Nature Restore's website for $19.95 (shipping fee of $5 if your order is under $28.99 and free if it's $29.00+). That's a good price, I wouldn't pay more than $20 because some ingredients are heavily underdosed. Sure, you can get cheaper calcium supplements (like the one I bought) but BoneBoost has more ingredients and the quality is greater.

NatureRestore, read the "Suggestions for the Company" section at the end.

SIDE EFFECTS

No side effects to report.

CONCLUSION

Nice mix of top quality ingredients. Unfortunately, some of them are heavily underdosed, others are slightly underdosed and others are ok. Won't suffer from Constipation. Easy to swallow, no aftertaste, won't have digestion problems. It's effective. Good value.

---
Thank you again for participating, allow me to make a few suggestions:
- Increase the dose of certain ingredients like Magnesium Citrate, Vitamin K2, Manganese, Boron.
- Don't hide/protect the amount of Epimedium Extract (Horny Goat Weed). Hide/Protect the 2 other plants if you want.
- Considering these type of supplements should be taken all the time by the person, then make bottles with more capsules and/or make stacks so we can save money buying several bottles.
 Pros:
 Cons:
  • Bone Health
  • Nice Label
  • No Constipation
  • Some Underdosed Ingredients
  • Only 90 Capsules
  • No Stacks Option

Thanks to Ronnie Coleman Signature Series for sending it out!

INTRODUCTION

What's up Supplement Reviews (SR). It's time to review Amino-Tone + Energy from Ronnie Coleman. Thanks to SR and Ronnie Coleman for making this posible and trusting us. Sorry for taking a bit longer. I lift weights from Monday to Friday and drink aminoacids everyday, sometimes in the morning, sometimes during my workout and sometimes after my workout, depending if I just want overall energy, recovery, delay fatigue, etc. I've tried several products from Ronnie Coleman (Pro-Antium, Stacked-N.O., some samples/servings of the normal Amino-Tone, Creatine XS) and they have all worked pretty well. When I saw the opportunity to try this new Amino-Tone + Energy, I knew I couldn't let this escape! I requested "Mango Pineapple" flavor, let's see how it worked...

INGREDIENT PROFILE

Lot of members have talked about this already so I'll highlight the main/best ingredients with their main benefits:
- 5 grams of Instantized BCAA's. It's a bonus they are instantized to help with the mixing. I don't know if that also means better absorption and availability but well it's still a bonus that they are instantized. 5 grams of BCAA is a good dose. Depending on the moment of the day you take them, they will give you lot of benefits like overall energy, clean energy, overall recovery, recovery between sets, recovery after workout, help with protein synthesis, delay fatigue and so many other benefits.

- 600mg of a Proprietary Blend of Green Tea Extract, Green Coffee Bean Extract, Rhodiola Rosea Extract and Maca Extract. The purpose of those ingredients is to give you natural energy and stress relief. That blend will give you 125mg of Natural Caffeine. Some of them look underdosed. I don't have a problem with propietary blends as long as they work correctly. I'll talk about their effectiveness later on. I think this is a good mix of known ingredients. Well done Ronnie! The 125mg of Caffeine is a good amount. It's not high but not low either and people that take pre-workouts will be happy to see this has 125mg.

- 3,785mg of another Proprietary Blend that has: Taurine, Potassium Phosphate, Sodium Citrate, Magnesium Phosphate and HICA. I like that it has HICA. SupplementReviews has a good description about HICA https://supplementreviews.com/ingredients/alpha-hydroxy-isocaproic-acid-hica Even though this is a Proprietary Blend, I think the product says how much it has of electrolytes. So if my Math is correct, it says it has 44 mg of Sodium Citrate, 237.6 mg of Potassium Phosphate and 22.5 mg of Magnesium Phosphate. So 44+237.6+22.5 = 304.1 mg of electrolytes. So that would leave us with 3,480.9 mg left to divide between the Taurine and the HICA. That would be a very good dose of HICA and Taurine. I don't know if my math is correct though. That amount of HICA is too high to be true + HICA is the last ingredient mentioned in that blend (which maybe means it's the one with the less amount) so maybe I'm wrong.

- 25 mg of Astragin for better absorption and the 3,180 mg of another Proprietary Blend that has stimulant free ingredients for fat loss. I didn't know Choline Bitartrate had fat loss abilities but reading more about it, yes it does. I didn't judge this product's fat loss abilities so I won't talk much about this.

So overall, nice and adequate selection of ingredients. Some of the ingredients in the Natural Energy and Stress Relief blend can even help with the weight/fat loss so that's also something positive.

DOSING

1 scoop each day with 8-12 oz of water. I usually used 10 oz, it will depend on your flavor preference. I tried this several ways: In the morning, preworkout (alone), intra-workout and post-workout to see how effective it was during those moments of the day. Let's see how effective it was...

EFFECTIVENESS

Aaaaaaand finally you reached the section that matters the most. Is it worth it or not!? HELL YES IT IS! How dare you doubt about Ronnie Coleman products!? (inb4Igotpaidtosaythat). I'll divide this according to the part of the day I used it.

*In the Mornings: This was my favorite moment of the day to drink AMINO TASTY. The caffeine felt really natural, clean energy. I was very surprised with the stress relief ability because I wasn't really expecting any effects on that but it worked very well. Good job with the Macca + Rhodiola combination. As I write this, I'm drinking my last scoop of Amino Tasty :( I could concentrate more on my tasks, fatigue was reduced, hydration was better. These effects lasted a good couple of hours. Highly effective. The stress relief and greater concentration is probably a mix between Macca, Rhodiola and the Choline Bitartrate. I feel that most of the benefits of the ingredients were seen when I took it in the morning.

*Pre-Workout: I know this isn't a Pre-Workout by itself but well, I wanted to decrease my caffeine tolerance so I took Amino Tasty for 1 week as my only pre-workout supplement. I'm used to the +300mg of Caffeine so with 125mg of Natural Caffeine, I thought it wasn't going to be enough for my 2 hour workouts. I was wrong. At the beginning, I was tired, yes, but as I continued, the energy and especially the BCAA's started to work! Recovery between sets was faster, I didn't need to drink too much water, focus was decent and energy was acceptable. That lasted like 1 hour and a half which is surprising for me because I wasn't expecting it to last so much.

*Intra-Workout: I took it by itself for like 3 days during my workout (without a pre-workout). I felt it wasn't so effective as taking it pre-workout by itself. IMO, this was the least effective way of taking Amino Tasty. It's strange because the original Amino-Tone is advertised as an Intra-Workout and considering this has the same formula, then it had to be most effective during the workout but nope, atleast it wasn't for me. I also used it for like 5 days intra-workout along with another pre-workout (of some other brand). It wasn't so effective either. It was working but not like I expected. For some reason, it wasn't giving me the additional energy I needed. In supplements, 1+1 is not always 2 ;)

*Post-Workout: My second favorite part of the day to drink Amino Tasty! Imagine you finish your workout very tired and you have a beauty waiting for you to start the massage... That's something similar to what I felt while drinking Amino Tasty post-workout. Muscle soreness was greatly reduced the next day, the caffeine and BCAA's after workout were very useful to keep doing stuff and not sit down being tired because of the workout. And if you have those effects combined with a Mango Pineapple flavor, then what else do you want bro!?

MIXABILITY

*Mixability was good. Instructions say that a slight foaming may occur when it was mixed with cold water and it happened. The foam wasn't heavy and abundant, it was just some slight foaming. Shake it and let it sit for like 30-60 seconds... or just drink it, the foam was controllable. Make sure you drink the foam if it's still there though, don't throw it away!

TASTE

*Aaaaand one of the most important attributes of this supplement, the TASTE! The Taste was very delicious! One of the best amino acid flavors I've had. It's in my top 2 of amino acid flavors. I requested Mango Pineapple and I'm very happy I got it! :D I love Mangos and Pineapples so I knew this was going to be delicious, it didn't dissapoint me! Like I always do, like 3 other persons tried this flavor. I wanted to know what they thought about the flavor and also see if I was being biased lol. But nope, I wasn't biased, they were all amazed with the flavor too! Ronnie Coleman, whoever came with the idea of making this flavor, congratulations for him/her! Great job! I give it a 9.5/10. Not a 10/10 because I would've liked to feel the Pineapple more. The Mango is dominant and the Pineapple is not felt so much. But considering I love Mangos, that wasn't a problem for me! :D Remember what I said in the Post-Workout paragraph (beauty doing the massage)? Just imagine having this delicious flavor with cold water after your workouts.. wow! I was very happy! AMINO TASTY! YYYEAAAHH BBBUUDDDYY!!

VALUE

BB, M&S and Tiger Fitness have it for $29.99, Ronnie Coleman's website for $32.99. That's a good and fair price. There are cheaper amino acids but probably not so effective and/or with this amazing taste and/or with the vast number of ingredients. Ronnie Coleman products usually have some kind of promotion/offer/discount so if you're smart enough, you can get this way cheaper. You just have to hunt it ;)

SIDE EFFECTS

Yes, it had a side effect: SADNESS! Amino Tasty is gone! I will no longer be able to drink this delicious tasty supplement :'(

CONCLUSION

Very delicious flavor (Mango Pineapple). Effective for natural energy, overall well being (feeling), stress relief, focus, recovery, delaying fatigue and other benefits. I recommend you to drink it in the morning or after your workout because it was most effective to me like that. Proprietary blends that work! Good price. You shouldn't have changed your old design/logo though but this one is nice. Amino Tasty is one of my new lovers from now on! :D

SUGGESTIONS FOR THE COMPANY

Just a section I would like to add when writing a review through the SR Troop program.
- Give a gift to whoever came with the idea of the Mango Pineapple flavor, seriously lol.
- Make a pineapple only flavor. You can't forget about pineapple lovers! You need to make one, just take your time to make it, don't hurry up, I want something godly just like the Mango Pineapple ;)
- If I had to choose between knowing the exact number of milligrams of the intra-training/hydration blend and the Natural Energy/Stress Relief blend, I would choose to know the Intra-training/hydration blend numbers. Why? Because the Natural Energy/Stress relief worked great so as long as it works, I don't have a problem with that Proprietary blend. I would prefer to know the exact amount of HICA. If you don't want to say it, it's ok, I understand your position, you have to protect your formula. My only advice to you is that make sure that amount of HICA isn't so small... or your reputation may decrease.
*Thank you for the samples of Amino-Tone and Yeah Buddy Preworkout. Also for the card and letter!

*Thanks again for participating!
*Hope you all enjoyed the review.
  • Increased Concentration
  • Interesting Ingredients
  • Thermo Effect Could Be Better
  • Proprietary Blends
  • Slight Foaming

Thanks to Muscle-Building Nutrition for sending it out!

INTRODUCTION

What's up SupplementReviews. MarsheS here with a review of another preworkout. Thank you Muscle Building Nutrition and SupplementReviews for making this possible, thanks for trusting us. I lift weights from Monday to Friday and having an effective preworkout is necessary for my progress. Preworkouts have become one of my main supplements to use so when I saw Dominate's profile, I was impressed and happy that I got the chance to try it. Dominate is definitely a beast but let's see where are the flaws of this beast...

INGREDIENT PROFILE

- I love preworkouts with...

INGREDIENT PROFILE

- I love preworkouts with BCAA. That's the first thing I saw. When you take a preworkout with BCAA, you can feel their effects, without doubt. 6 grams of BCAA is a high amount per serving in a preworkout, considering 3-4 grams of BCAA is the average per serving in aminoacid supplements. Taking BCAA before working out can help reduce fatigue, feel less tired, recover faster between sets, feel less agitated, more endurance and other benefits.

- 6g of Citrulline Malate 2:1 which is the combination between Citrulline and Malic Acid. 6g of Citrulline Malate is a high amount. Some people prefer pure L-Citrulline but from what I've read, Citrulline Malate is more effective and doesn't require a loading phase to see results. Citrulline Malate increases Nitric Oxide levels and that has many benefits like reducing fatigue, allowing more blood flow to the muscles, faster recovery, better endurance, makes energy become more available and the main purpose of why they added this ingredient to Dominate is the Muscle Pump!

- 5g of Creapure which is said to be the purest from of micronized Creatine Monohydrate. 5g of Creapure is a solid amount. Creatine has a lot of benefits. The main purpose they added the Creapure was for Strength and Power.

- 3.5g of Beta-Alanine (as CarnoSyn). That's more than the clinical dose of 3.2g. I was expecting a lot of tingles from this! Beta-Alanine also delays fatigue, reduces recovery time between sets, improves performance and endurance, etc.

- 2.5g of Betaine Anhydrous for reducing soreness, delaying fatigue, improving endurance, work together with Creatine for better effects, etc. High amount too.

- 500mg of L-Tyrosine. As you may know, I'm new to the focus feeling of preworkouts. I felt its full effects with the previous preworkout I reviewed. L-Tyrosine pretends to improve focus, mental capacities, memory, control stress levels, etc.

- 200mg of Caffeine Anhydrous, the always important Caffeine for energy and better performance. Acceptable amount.
- 100mg of Theacrine. Caffeine's brother, it pretends to stimulate our central nervous system, attempts to give us a "cleaner", sustained or extended form of energy.

So let's see if they worked well together!

*TASTE: 1 word, "AWFUL"! or maybe you prefer "HORRIBLE"? It has a very bad medicine taste, especially the aftertaste. There are medicines that taste well but this one would belong to the horrible taste medicines lol. And I wasn't the only one. I made 4 other persons try the taste of this preworkout, without me telling them it was awful. I even told one of them it was delicious. 3 of them reached the same conclusions as me, awful taste! Only 1 of them said it was "normal", not good but not bad. That 1 person didn't have too much experience with supplements though. I even shook the supplement hard several times to see if the secret was to mix everything before opening hahaha. Same result. If you read my NRG Max review, you will see that first I didn't like the taste but after a few days, I started liking it. I thought this would be the same but it wasn't. It went from Awful to "Very bad" (which is just a step below), probably because my mouth already got used to the bad flavor lol. I'm happy the taste agony ended. PLEASE CHANGE THIS FLAVOR. Blue Raspberry is not responsible, you are!

*MIXABILITY: Excellent. Never noticed any clumping when I opened the supplement and while I was using it. Powder looked in excellent condition. All the ingredients mixed well. Only minor problem was the foam, probably because of the Leucine I guess. Just let it sit for a minute and you can drink it.

*DOSING: Easy, 1 scoop some 20-30 minutes before working out. I never passed from 1 scoop. Dominate tells you to use 8-10oz of water. I usually added 16 oz of water to try and decrease the effects of the bad flavor. Sometimes I used 8 oz just to finish drinking it faster.

I'll divide the effectiveness in several categories:
- PUMP/VASCULARITY: Slightly above average. Nothing impressive but it worked a bit above average. Considering the dose of Citrulline Malate, I was expecting more vascularity. It gave me more muscle fullness than vascularity. It worked like it had 3g of Citrulline Malate and not 6g.

- STRENGTH and PERFORMANCE: My recovery time between sets was decreased, I felt less agitated. I could easily do 2 exercises one after another with enough strength and increased performance. So I could feel the effects of Citrulline Malate, BCAA, Betaine working here. The 5g of Creapure worked well too, my strength was increased, I could do extra repetitions, I was able to slightly increase the repetitions I was able to reach with the NRG Max (similar profile). Performance was not extraordinary or powerful like I was expecting though because of the Energy aspect I'll talk about below. I'm dissapointed with the Beta-Alanine because I didn't feel any tingles :( From 20 servings, I only felt the tingles like once or twice and not so much. I can't say it wasn't working though but considering the 3.5g and all the other ingredients, I was expecting more. The only ingredient that worked 100% was the Creapure.

- ENERGY: I made a very minor "mistake" IMO. My stimulant tolerance is high so before trying a new preworkout, I try to stay away from Caffeine a few days. I made the minor "mistake" of using another preworkout 3 days that had 300mg of Caffeine Anhydrous and 50mg of Theacrine. So the only days away from Caffeine was the weekend. The idea behind putting 200mg of Caffeine Anhydrous and 100mg of Theacrine looks very good. 200mg of fast release energy and then 100mg of a sustained/extended energy. BUT it just didn't work for me. Like users "Gdolce42", "pancow", "Chuntz" said, the energy was almost all gone after 45-60 minutes. I never felt the Theacrine. The effects of other ingredients was slightly dissapearing too after that time, except for the strength that always remained high. Once, I almost fell asleep while seated. I wasn't feeling so well that day, I had a headache so I can't blame it all on the preworkout but that day, it never woke me up. I just lifted because I had to force myself to continue, not because the preworkout was pushing me. And another day, I took a nap after I finished my workout. I never take naps after my workouts. I don't know if Theacrine is effective or not. If one of its benefits is for people not to build a tolerance, then why instead of 200-300mg of Caffeine, they don't put higher amounts of Theacrine (200mg for example)? Because the amounts of Theacrine I've seen from other supplements, they're all 50-75-100mg and I don't feel its effectiveness. The dose of Caffeine should be increased to 250mg OR increase that Theacrine amount to something significant OR add more stimulants. That's my opinion. Like I said the 200mg Caffeine + 100mg Theacrine looks good on paper but it just didn't work for me.

- FOCUS: I'm not a fan of judging focus but comparing this preworkout with the last one I had (which gave me a decent focus), this was bad. It was very difficult to stay concentrated, my mind was always thinking about other things instead of concentrating on the weights. I think the 500mg of L-Tyrosine isn't enough to handle all the doses of this preworkout. Usually I have to tell myself to end a workout because I always want to keep going. With Dominate, when I ended my routine, I was like "Ok, finally I'm done". My mentality was "I'll do those pushups some other day...". With other preworkouts, I would have done those pushups the same day! And then I would take the Ab Roller and do some reps and go back to the pushups and so on. With Dominate usually I didn't do that.

VALUE

I remember that when we claimed the product, the price was $45 which was very high. Then, it went down to $39.99 then to $35 and now it's $30.99 + shipping (which seems to be $4.99) so a total of $35. That's a fair price. I don't mind the 20 servings. I know elite preworkouts like this usually have 20 servings so I don't mind. If you only need to use them once a day, then it's better than having a 30 serving preworkout that you need to add 2 scoops. So considering all the ingredients and their high amounts, then $35 is a good price. $40 would have been a fair price ONLY if this had more effectiveness but unfortunately it doesn't. I still wouldn't pay $35 nor $30 for this because of the bad taste. If they can put a good taste, then yes, I would pay a maximum of $35.00 for this and if they can make this work like the beast it looks like, then $40 would be my maximum fair price. But considering it tastes bad, then I don't recommend it.

SIDE EFFECTS

NONE. Maybe Anger because of the taste hahaha. I can't really link the headache I had with this preworkout. I usually don't have headaches though but still, I can't blame the preworkout. I just think I had a bad day with that headache.

CONCLUSION

Nice Beast Profile. Nice colors/text/picture. High amounts of each ingredient. Horrible Taste. Pump was a bit above average. Strength was very decent (8.5/10), Performance was increased but not like expected considering the ingredients and their high amounts. Recovery between sets was decent. Energy suffers an "Evaporation" process lol. Bad Focus. Value is good at the moment but they are often changing it so watch out. (Read Value section for more info).

I hope my review is helpful for others. If not, then I hope atleast you enjoyed the reading ;)

SUGGESTIONS FOR THE COMPANY

Put more stimulants. Put more ingredients for focus. The main suggestion: CHANGE THE TASTE! You're inside my top 5 of worst tasting preworkouts. Hopefully it changes in the future. It doesn't have to be more expensive if you add more ingredients. If you remove 1g of BCAA, you can save costs and I think it would still be effective; with that money "saved", add more stimulants and/or ingredients for focus. Also change your Beta-Alanine source (whatever it is the source), I want to feel those tingles next time! FIX THIS BEAST!
  • Good Recovery Between Sets
  • Energy Evaporated After Time
  • Horrible Aftertaste
  • -Not Widely Available
  • Average Results

Thanks to MAXLER for sending it out!

What's up SR, this is my first review of a product through the SR Troop Program. It's the first time I hear about Maxler. Thanks to Maxler and SupplementReviews for making this possible. I lift weights from Monday to Friday with intense workouts most of the days, with Friday being the exception sometimes lol. So I need a strong preworkout for my routines. This preworkout gave me a big surprise, let's see why...

The ingredient profile is great. For me, the ingredients and doses this preworkout has is from an Elite Preworkout. Preworkouts have categories (some are average, others above average, others are excellent and others are elite). Elite Preworkouts usually have a high amount of Citrulline Malate, Beta-Alanine, Caffeine, Creatine (and other ingredients) + a significant amount of BCAA's. Most preworkouts don't come with BCAA's. The ones that do are generally Elite Preworkouts and this one is the case.

Key ingredients:
*8g CITRULLINE MALATE for increasing performance, endurance, delaying fatigue, increasing nitric oxide levels and all the benefits that result from that. Very high amount.

*3.2g BETA-ALANINE for increasing strength, endurance, performance, delaying fatigue and other benefits. High amount.

*3g CREATINE MONOHYDRATE (2.9g Monohydrate, 50mg Hydrochloride and 50mg Dicreatine Malate). The amount is not high but Creatine is so cheap these days that I think most people have their Creatine supplements separately. Also, I'm trying to understand the 50mg of Creatine HCL. Obviously by itself it looks very underdosed but I'm assuming they wanted the Hydrochloric Acid to interact with the Creatine Monohydrate to see all the benefits of Creatine HCL, same thing with the amount of Dicreatine Malate used. Creatine increases strength, muscular size, energy and a lot of other benefits.

*350mg CAFFEINE for alertness, energy, etc. Acceptable amount.

*4g BCAA reduces fatigue, improves recovery during sets, endurance and a lot of other benefits. Excellent addition! Acceptable amount.

*And finally the "Turbofocus Complex" (500mg N-Acetyl L-Tyrosine, 60mg Ginkgo Biloba Leaf, 40 mg DMAE). Acceptable amount.

MIXABILITY: No problems mixing this. Just a little bit of foam but nothing bad, just let it sit for a couple of seconds if you want. The product came with some amount of moisture though so when I opened it, it had a few clumps (picture below). I could easily convert it to powder again though. And like I said, never gave me problems mixing it.

DOSING: 1 scoop with 8-12 oz. 30 minutes before working out, nothing difficult to do. High doses per scoop.

TASTE: I received the Blue Raspberry flavor. The first week I hated the flavor, awful flavor. BUT... after the first week, I started to like it a lot and now I love it! Too bad it's gone :( (Admin, take note of this). Why? Because a flavor can be bad for some initial days but then you start liking it. This happened with me. Now that it's gone, I miss this flavor. It's not the typical artificial flavor from typical Blue Raspberry flavors (which I like)... it's different. The aftertaste is what I liked the most from the flavor.

Let's start with the BAD part. From like the 3rd serving until the 8th serving approximately, everytime I took this preworkout, I had to run to the bathroom TWICE. So that means 5 days of having to run to the bathroom twice each day. Afortunately I lift at home lol. One of my first surprises is that after running to the bathroom twice, I was full of energy and ready to destroy the weights! When something like that happens with other preworkouts, I usually end up weaker, with less energy, etc, but this wasn't the case. But I'm happy this only happened for a week. I don't know if it was because of the moisture it came with or the high amount of Citrulline...

The other bad part was my shoulder injury (not related to the preworkout). So I think that with my full health, this preworkout would have been much better for me!

Now with the GOOD part. I could do more repetitions with most of my lifts. My flat bench press increased from 1-2 reps to 3-5 reps max and the weight felt lighter. My inclined bench press went from 3-5 reps to 6-8 reps. My Standing Military Press went from 3 reps to 6-7 reps. And so on. In general, the repetitions went up and the weights felt lighter. There was a weight I couldn't increase the amount of reps (246 pounds of flat bench press). For some reason, I couldn't pass from 5 reps. With this preworkout, I reached 7 reps so I'm happy.

Strength was excellent, MAYBE a bit more Creatine would have been better but like I said, most people already have separate Creatine supplements so if you feel you need more, just add a scoop of Creatine. I don't think NRG Max needs it but you may need it, it depends. Endurance was amazing, I could continue lifting for hours! I finished my workouts because of time, not because I was tired lol. I could continue working out for more than 3 hours. You can really feel the Citrulline Malate, Beta-Alanine and Creatine working together here. I also didn't need to take any aminoacids during my workout. The 4g of BCAA did a good job recovering faster during sets, reducing fatigue, etc.

Energy was never gone. Like I said, I could keep working out for a lot of hours. There were days I was yawning a lot before working out and after taking this pre-workout, all of that went away! The 30 servings never dissapointed me in this energy area. The Pump area was above average, I could feel the Citrulline Malate working for the Pump. Your results with Pump can be greater than mine though. I don't train for the Pump and my body fat is probably higher than yours because I don't follow any low fat diet. I just eat whatever I can and want lol (I need it to increase weight). But vascularity was visible, nothing extraordinary for me but it worked. It doesn't have many ingredients to boost Nitric Oxide levels but I can't tell you if it needs more. I liked what it gave me.

AAAANNNNDDDD..... THE BIG SURPRISE! I wasn't expecting this. If you read my reviews from other preworkouts, you will see that when it comes to FOCUS, I said that ""I didn't feel competent enough to judge the Focus of any Preworkout because Focus for me depends on many other things of our daily life not related to substances."" The NRG Max gave me an excellent focus! It's the first time I could feel a Preworkout improving my Focus. I was very concentrated during my routines. I was always thinking about the next set, next exercise, doing more exercises, etc. I'm really surprised with the focus the NRG Max gave me. It's the first time I feel the Focus so sorry for my "overreactions" lol.

Right now, Amazon has it for $26.95 (Free shipping if over $49) and Maxler's website for $23.95 + $7.29 shipping. That's a great value considering this is an elite preworkout. Other Elite Preworkouts are worth +$35 so this is an excellent price. I'll happily pay $26.95 for the results I get. I even think I received more than 30 servings lol. I began taking this from October 10 and finished it on November 25. 5 days a week, that's more than 30 servings! I measured the scoop when it was full once and yes it was correct (23g).

Side Effects

Few stomach issues, had to run to the bathroom a couple of days, which is why I didn't give this Preworkout a score of 9 overall. Shake this preworkout everytime before taking the powder, I think that was what worked for me to stop the stomach issues.

Conclusion

Most (if not all) claims made by the Preworkout were fulfilled. Every ingredient did its job. I'm very satisfied with what it did with my strength, endurance, performance, focus, recovery during sets, pump, vascularity, etc. It has a very good value considering this is an elite preworkout. The flavor is delicious, just give it some time and you will like it, especially the aftertaste. Try mixing the container of the Preworkout before opening and using it, everyday. I'll definitely buy this again and try other flavors too!
 Pros:
 Cons:
  • Great Ingredient Label
  • Nice Colors
  • Nice Design
  • Good Pump
  • Delicious Aftertaste
  • Good Special Taste
  • BCAA Included