MarsheS

SR TROOPer

• Member has been active for 2 years, and was last online today

Reviews by MarsheS

Thanks to TBN Labs for sending it out!
  September 26, 2017

Pros:
 Cons:
  • Reduces DOMS
  • Reduces Recovery Time
  • High Dose Leucine
  • Nice Graphics
  • Good Marketing
  • Acid Reflux
  • Slightly Expensive

INTRODUCTION

What's up SupplementReviews. It's time to review Total BCAA 12000 from the brand Total Body Nutrition (TBN). Thanks to Total Body Nutrition for participating in the SR TROOP program and to SupplementReviews for making this connection possible. BCAAs are one of those things you can take anytime to receive its benefits. So it's always important to constantly supply with them. You really feel the difference when you supplement with them and when you don't, that's the best proof it works. I train 5 days a week, from Monday to Friday and rest during the weekend so recovering fast for the next day is something important for me. I know that maybe training 5 days in a row isn't the best way to train but well, that's what I can do. So let's begin... Oh wait, before that, thanks for the samples added. I was very surprised with the preworkout: "1,3D Nox". It's a huge proprietary blend but it hits hard! 10 sets of squats and I still had plenty of energy left lol. The strength it gave me was solid and constant too. It's an interesting product.

Also, sending like a pamphlet, brochure or booklet was a great marketing idea. The pamphlet explains each product the company has, it also lists all the flavors each product has, tells the benefits, etc. I don't know if all the products they have are in the pamphlet but they have a lot. Good job, I hope you send it to ordinary clients so they can know the variety of products you have. It's also a good quality pamphlet.

INGREDIENT PROFILE

12 grams of BCAA per serving. 30 total servings. They use a ratio of 8:2:2 which means 8g Leucine, 2g Isoleucine and 2g Valine instead of the traditional ratio 2:1:1. No fillers, no sugars, no carbs, no fats, no artificial colors/flavors. They use natural flavors (they don't say which) and Stevia. This is a very good profile. Some people claim that the 2:1:1 ratio is the best, others prefer more Leucine ratio. The thing is this: Leucine by itself provides various benefits. There's no incompatiblity between Leucine and the other BCAA (Isoleucine and Valine) because they tend to be together. So if I put in a supplement more Leucine, then I expect to feel better benefits than with a 2:1:1 ratio. That's what I expect, in theory. I understand that when an ingredient is in a compound, it doesn't necessarily "behaves" like when it's alone. But in Leucine's case, considering it's usually bonded with Isoleucine and Valine, then I think more Leucine = better results.

Leucine is the amino acid that provides the most amount of benefits regarding muscles. Some part of the Leucine also metabolizes into HMB and HICA which provides additional benefits. Leucine helps to start the muscle protein synthesis process by activating a protein called mTOR. I guess this summarizes what we all want: "Leucine appears to be the most potent of all amino acids in stimulating muscle protein synthesis."

BCAAs have plenty of benefits: Reduces muscle fatigue, delays fatigue, improves performance, provides clean energy when needed, prevents catabolism, promotes anabolism, supports muscle protein synthesis and plenty of other benefits. For more info, look it up, I already gave you a lot lol.

The only thing to criticize is the way they list this as "Protein". They did it in their other products too, they seem to be confused, somebody probably gave them a wrong advice. BCAAs are NOT Protein so don't list them as Protein. BCAAs are PART of Protein but they are not Protein. It's like if you say the Tires of a car is the car itself. No, the tires are part of the car but they are not a car themselves.

TASTE/MIXABILITY/DOSING

TASTE: I received the "Peachy Mango" flavor. It's difficult to mess up with those 2 flavors lol. BCAA's with a high ratio of Leucine will usually taste bad, Leucine is bitter so don't expect something "delicious". BUT considering most BCAA products with high ratio of Leucine taste "strange", this one was good. It had a good taste. You will sometimes feel some of the bitterness that comes from the Leucine. It wasn't tasty or delicious but it was better than "average". I was expecting something worse. The surprise is even more considering they didn't use artificial flavors, they used natural flavors and stevia. So based on all of that, good flavor! They have plenty of flavors for this product: Unflavored, Cafe Mocha, Chilled Raspberry, Farmers Grape, Icy Fruit Punch, Natural Apple, Peachy Mango, Tropical Watermelon, Wild Cherry, Zesty Lemonade.

MIXABILITY: The powder mixed fine. I usually shake for 30-60 seconds, they say to shake for 60 seconds. The thing is it creates a lot of foam. This is also expected from BCAA supplements with a high ratio of Leucine.

DOSING: Considering each serving has 12 grams of BCAA, then 1 scoop per day is enough IMO. I tried this supplement several ways: In the morning after breakfast for overall recovery, energy and to help my low protein breakfast lol. I used most servings post-workout because I wanted to get the benefits of the muscle protein synthesis so that's why I usually took it post-workout. The thing is sometimes that "Post-Workout" was before sleeping because I was very full from all the water I had during my workout + dinner and Whey Protein lol. And some days I tried it Intra-Workout, sometimes with half-scoop (6g) and other times full scoop.

EFFECTIVENESS

Like user "WarMachine" reported in his review, SOMETIMES "Any muscle DOMS, lethargy, or muscle exhaustion I would typically have following intensive training sessions in every consecutive day was reduced to nearly zero." Sometimes this happened and I was very surprised about it. It wasn't always though, sometimes this worked as an average BCAA supplement, other times higher than average but I feel the extra Leucine helped a lot with the recovery, strength, clean energy, etc. My suggestion after using this is that when you're going to use it in the morning (not related to before-during-post workout), then use half scoop twice in 2 separate moments. That way you will still be getting a good dose (4g Leucine, 1g Isoleucine, 1g Valine). You may want to use a full dose inmediately post-workout/before sleeping or a full dose during workout if you train for strength. If you're going to use it as pre-workout (never tried this this way), then I suggest half-scoop unless you're not using a preworkout.

So overall, I think this was superior in terms of Post-Workout Recovery compared to other BCAA/Amino supplements. In terms of Endurance/Performance, I think it worked similar to other BCAA/Amino supplements. I always take pre-workout though so I guess a fairer competition between both would be to take them alone and see which one works better. This was expected though, intra-workout amino acid supplements usually have some extra ingredients to help with hydration, performance, endurance, more oxygen, electrolytes, etc, so I don't really expect TBN Total BCAA 12000 to be superior to other BCAA/Amino supplements as Intra-Workout. BUT remember the post-workout recovery was better so workouts were usually better so take that into account! When I took it in the morning with my breakfast, I think it helped but it didn't come close to my favorite BCAA/Amino supplements for my morning: "Ronnie Coleman Amino-Tone + Energy" Pineapple Mango flavor <3 hahaha (Hey hey respect the first love at first sight lol). That's also expected though, the Amino-Tone + Energy has plenty of other ingredients...

I also feel the acid reflux caused by the product may be stopping this product from being the best. A good digestion is fundamental. If you have acid reflux caused by the product, then the digestion of the BCAA and the other ingredients/supplements/food won't be the best. I had to lower the Overall and Effectiveness score because of this. If this can get fixed or if this doesn't show up in other flavors, this could be considered a "9" rating supplement. (SupplementReviews standard)

VALUE

It seems this product is only sold right now at www.tbnlabs.com (which is their website). It costs $37.75 + Shipping. I think $37.75 is the fair price of this product. Comparing it with other BCAA/Aminoacid supplements might not be so fair because other products don't have this Leucine ratio. Hopefully, when this becomes available in other retailers, price can go lower, something between $30 and $35, I think this range would be more fair to customers. Shipping is $5 for 0-2lbs products, $7 for 3-6lbs, $12 for 10lbs... I guess it just keeps going up. So the final price would be $42.75, that's expensive. This is a big disadvantage you have and it's probably stopping you from having more sales. You must find a way to make it cheaper. There are some strategies you could use (figure them out, it's your job :P)

You're basically getting 60 servings of 6 grams of BCAA with 4:1:1 BCAA ratio. You can get cheaper BCAA products with 60 servings (usually with 5g per serving and with a 2:1:1 ratio though). So like I said, the price is fair, they're putting more Leucine and that must cost more. And hopefully if they distribute this to other retailers, price can decrease to something between $30 and $35.

SIDE EFFECTS

I didn't notice this was giving me acid reflux until user "mhseaver670" mentioned it in his review. I thought it happened "occasional" but when I decided to pay close attention to it, I could identify it was this supplement. Unfortunately I didn't have much servings left when "mhseaver670" posted his review. I think it's probably because of all the foaming.

CONCLUSION

Excellent profile, high dose of BCAAs, especially Leucine, which is what makes it different from the rest. Effective supplement that sometimes surprised me with eliminating all types of muscle soreness. It's versatile because you can easily take half-scoop and get a good high dose of BCAA. Value may look expensive but it's fair because of the high dose, servings, quality so it's not expensive when you take all those factors into account. They need to solve the shipping though because if you include shipping, it makes it too expensive. It needs to be widely available.

SUGGESTIONS FOR THE COMPANY

1. The acid reflux issue needs to be solved although not all users reported this side effect.
2. Make it more available to buy. That's one of the strategies to make shipping cheaper/better.
3. Find the way to make shipping cheaper.

Thanks to VMI Sports Nutrition for sending it out!
  September 20, 2017

Pros:
 Cons:
  • Interesting Flavor
  • Works With VMI K-XR
  • Innovative Formula
  • Nice Name
  • Low Benefits
  • Low Vascularity
  • Low Pump
  • Prop Blend
  • Under Dosed Ingredients
  • Expensive At Two Scoop Dosages

INTRODUCTION

What's up SupplementReviews. It's time to review Vasogen powder version from the brand VMI Sports Nutrition. Thanks to them for participating in the SR TROOP program and to SupplementReviews for making this connection possible. Thank you for the samples added. My weight right now is 200 pounds, I'm bulking right now and my body fat is moderately high. But I still get to have Pumps and Vascularity, I don't expect great results on those two areas (especially Vascularity) because of what I mentioned but I expect some good results. My lifts are usually aimed for increased strength (which is why I'm bulking) but I also train for the other areas (endurance, high reps, supersets, etc). Training 5 days a week for +2 hours allows me to try several methods separately or together.

I didn't use VMI Vasogen powder everyday, which is why I took a bit longer to finish this. It's very strange that a product here at Supplement Reviews reaches a 9 and even less a 10. And when it does, we are all eager to try it. Vasogen powder received a 10 of effectiveness and 9.5 overall by a respectable user here so I guess we all wanted to see what the hype was all about. Btw, VMI Vasogen will not only be judged by the Pump and Vascularity. Like I said in my Insane Veinz review, "judging the Pump and Vascularity would be an INCOMPLETE way of judging products like this. It's all about getting most of the benefits Nitric Oxide can give us and they are way more than just getting Pump and Vascularity". Knowing this, let's see how it worked...

INGREDIENT PROFILE

Lot of users before me have already explained the ingredients one by one so I won't do it again. I like that VMI went to a different path to try and deliver results. They didn't go with the typical Citrulline, Hydromax, Arginine, Nitrates, etc formula. They used several herbs, Agmapure, Theobromine and Taurine. They did something similar with their preworkout (VMI K-XR) where they used Beta-Alanine, Theobromine and Taurine as their ingredients for Pump. It was dissapointing (like expected). But here they used better ingredients IMO because of the Agmatine. This is probably the main ingredient in this formula so it was important for me to know how much Agmatine I'm taking, unfortunately they decided to hide it in a Proprietary Blend (unlike Insane Veinz).

Overall, even with the Proprietary Blend, I was expecting good results, I trusted this formula before requesting the product. Let's see if it worked...

TASTE/MIXABILITY/DOSING

Stop being so anxious, you will have to wait a bit for the Effectiveness section. I requested the "Pineapple Passion Fruit" flavor but I received the Hawaiian Pump flavor. No problem with that. The taste of the powder without water was amazing. I thought with water it would become perfect but I was dissapointed. The taste with water went from "amazing" to "okay". Sometimes I wanted to take it without water lol, I think next time I will, maybe it will increase the effectiveness that way hahaha!

Mixability was okay, considering the herbs used, you will feel some of the powder.

DOSING: I took 1 scoop and combined it with my preworkout (UXO Preworkout V2). I tried it several ways. Sometimes I would take my preworkout first and then 10 minutes before starting I would take Vasogen. And sometimes I would just mix both powders together. Both ways provided the same results. Reading other reviews, I see almost all the users had to use 2 scoops to see the results they wanted. I never took 2 scoops because I was combining it with my preworkout so I didn't see any need to use 2 scoops. I was already taking 6g Citrulline Malate, 3g Arginine HCL, 2g Betaine + 1 scoop of Vasogen.

Damn, I told myself before starting the review that I was going to try to make this short but I'm failing lol.

EFFECTIVENESS

Keep it short, keep it short! Effectiveness was "Meh". I was very dissapointed with the results. Pump and Vascularity were moderate/low. I thought Vasogen was going to make UXO Preworkout V2 become a beast on the Pump/Vascularity area but nope, it failed, not completely but still failed. I don't know if it's because my preworkout had Citrulline and Arginine and the Agmatine might be incompatible with them. After the first days of failure, I thought it would then improve the other areas to judge: Improved endurance, reduced fatigue, faster recovery between sets, etc. But it also failed because I didn't feel any additional benefit, the benefits were coming from my preworkout, NOT the Vasogen.

I decided to give it a 5.5 because I'm going to give them the benefit of the doubt and consider that one of the reasons it failed was because of the combination between Citrulline, Arginine and Agmatine. I've tried Citrulline + Agmatine before and it has worked but not Citrulline, Arginine and Agmatine. I gave a serving to 2 friends to see if it worked on them and the results were not positive. No increased Pump/Vascularity, maybe slightly but that might have been placebo.

The interesting part is that VMI sent me a few samples of VMI K-XR (like 3 or 4 samples). I already tried that preworkout so I stayed with 1 sample (the flavor I didn't try before) and gave the other samples to my friends. Btw, the best flavor of K-XR is definitely Blueberry Raz. When we combined VMI K-XR with VMI Vasogen, the results were improved. Nothing extraordinary but we could see some moderate and solid Pump/Vascularity, something like a 7 of effectiveness. But we could only try it once because we had only 1 sample each so take that into account. Another user here reported benefits of taking K-XR and Vasogen together so apparently they work well together. This is also another reason I increased Effectiveness to 5.5.

VALUE

Amazon has this for $29.99, Suppz for $32.95, M&S for $38.99, AllStarHealth from $32 and up (There's only 1 that expires in November for $12.40), TigerFitness for $41, A1Supplements for $37.95, DPSNutrition for $36.99, their own website for $39.99. Based on the ingredients and effectiveness, it's too expensive. Based on effectiveness, I would only pay $20 for this. And if I want to think about its fair value, then $25. I wouldn't pay more than that for this. If they increase the Agmatine and get this to work with 1 scoop, then $29.99 would be fair.

SIDE EFFECTS

CONCLUSION

Interesting formula but with low results. I decided to give it a 6 overall because I'm giving them the benefit of the doubt, maybe the combination between Agmatine and Citrulline + Arginine was bad. I usually respond well to Agmatine but this was the exception. Low pump, low vascularity, low endurance, low everything. But considering how interesting the formula is, I want to give this another chance. If I can get it for $20, I'll give it another chance because I still can't believe it didn't work like I expected. If you can get it for $20-25, then try it, that's my suggestion.

Btw, the samples I tried of VMI Aminogex Ultra were great, the tropical Mango and Sweet Iced Tea. Nice formula and tasty flavor!

SUGGESTIONS FOR THE COMPANY

1. Increase the Agmatine amount and when you do, I would like to know how much Agmatine you're putting. I respect proprietary blends, the thing is I would like to know how much you're putting of the MAIN ingredient. You will have to do something about it because most reviews here say that with 1 scoop, it was "meh", they had to increase it to 2 scoops to feel something and that's already 15 servings. Nobody is going to pay that price for 15 servings of an "ok" product.
2. I don't know why the product is so expensive. With the price VMI Vasogen has, I can buy an elite preworkout that gives me elite energy, pump, vascularity, endurance, fatigue delay, etc, all in 1 product. So you will have to do something about it, maybe not use patented Agmatine and use a regular one so you can increase the dose without affecting the cost for you. Maybe reduce the Taurine to 1.5g and that way you will be able to increase the Agmatine without affecting the cost for you. There must be an alternative.

Overall
Thanks to UXO Supplements for sending it out!
  September 13, 2017

Pros:
 Cons:
  • Fully Transparent
  • Excellent Powder Conservation
  • Slightly Increased Strength
  • Increased Performance
  • Low Beta Alanine
  • Weaker Formula Than Version 1
  • Dyes

INTRODUCTION

What's up SupplementReviews. Before starting, thank you to UXO Supplements for participating in the SR TROOPS program and SupplementReviews for making the connection possible. Preworkouts are probably my favorite supplement category because its effectiveness can easily be felt, it motivates you, it gives you additional strength, energy, etc. Lifting without a preworkout is tragic! You will feel a huge difference. The preworkout offer is huge right now, hundreds of preworkouts that promise you a lot of stuff. And like any other category of things (clothes, shoes, cars, etc), there are ones that suck, others that are average, others are cheap and great, others are expensive and bad, others and expensive and great and so on. If you're one of those people that think drinking coffee can be considered a preworkout, then you really need to get out of that ignorant perspective and enter the real world of supplements.

INGREDIENT PROFILE

Fully disclosed label so positive points for that. UXO has 60 servings (1 scoop) or 30 servings (2 scoops). 1 scoop would be for people that are starting to use a preworkout or for people that do light stuff (newbies, cardio, etc). If you've already tried other preworkouts, then you can start with 2 scoops. The preworkout itself tells you to start with 2 scoops.

Amounts with 2 scoops (divide by 2 for amounts with 1 scoop):

UXO begins with 60mg of Vitamin C which is 100% of Daily Value. Vitamin C has a lot of benefits, in this case, I think they added it to increase blood flow.

6 grams of Citrulline Malate 2:1 and 3 grams of Arginine AKG: The 6 grams of Citrulline Malate are a high amount. When you see this ingredient, you want atleast a minimum of 3-4 grams and this has 6 grams. UXO used Arginine so positive points for that too. For some reason I still can't fully explain, I like when companies use a form of Arginine (HCL, AKG or especially Arginine Nitrate). Maybe it's like that first love thing lol. (Ok this made me sad). In this case, UXO used 3 grams of Arginine AKG. It's a good amount, I don't have a lot of experience with this form of Arginine, I've had great results with Arginine Nitrate. Both ingredients were added to increase nitric oxide levels and blood flow to get benefits like delay fatigue, Pumps, Vascularity, etc. More info about benefits of Citrulline Malate and how it works here: https://supplementreviews.com/ingredients/citrulline-malate || More info about benefits of Arginine AKG and how it works here: https://supplementreviews.com/ingredients/arginine-alpha-ketoglutarate

2 grams of Betaine Anhydrous: I haven't tried Betaine on its own, I've tried with other ingredients, especially Creatine. It has worked well overall but I can't really say if it's because of Betaine. Betaine helps our body produce more Creatine, it works well together with Creatine (too bad UXO Preworkout V2 doesn't has Creatine). So it is believed Betaine increases strength, improves performance, helps with muscle protein synthesis, etc. I think 2 grams is a good amount. More info about benefits of Betaine and how it works here: https://supplementreviews.com/ingredients/betaine

1.6 grams of Patented form of Beta Alanine (Carnosyn): An ingredient that you always want to see in a preworkout. The full clinical dose is 3.2 grams, this has 1.6 grams. I believe that a product doesn't need to add the full clinical dose in order to see its benefits. Why not? Because when trying the full clinical dose, the ingredient is usually tested alone, without other ingredients. In a preworkout, you get several ingredients that provide similar benefits. So if they work well together, you can get the same or better benefits with less dose. Having said that, I would have liked to see a little more Beta Alanine, something between 2-2.5 grams. Beta Alanine helps to buffer acid that is generated by exercise. The lactic acid generated is what makes us get tired and it decreases our performance, strength, etc. So Beta Alanine delays fatigue and that brings several benefits to our muscles. More info about Beta Alanine here: https://supplementreviews.com/ingredients/beta-alanine

1 gram of L-Tyrosine: Tyrosine helps to reduce and handle stress (or the perception of it). It also helps with focus, mood and other mental capacities. Even though 1 gram is acceptable, I would have liked to see a bit more amount, considering they aren't using the best form of L-Tyrosine I've tried (N-Acetyl-L-Tyrosine). So a full dose of 2 grams would have been better.

1 gram of Taurine: Taurine is one of those ingredients that it's difficult to determine its effectiveness. Taurine improves blood flow so that's a benefit for nutrient delivery to muscles. Taurine also helps with Focus, anxiety and I've always seen it as the one that controls Caffeine. It supports the Central Nervous System so yes, it helps to handle Caffeine and keep it under control. Acceptable amount. More benefits and info about Taurine here: https://supplementreviews.com/ingredients/taurine

275mg of Caffeine: Caffeine gives us energy, reduces our perception of muscular and mental fatigue, etc. Even though I can handle +300mg Caffeine well, I see as positive when preworkouts use 250-275mg of Caffeine because it tells me they are trusting the other ingredients added to help me with energy and that they don't rely exclusively on Caffeine to give me energy. If you constantly need more than 300mg of Caffeine to give you energy, then it's probably time to take some time off from Caffeine. More info about Caffeine here: https://supplementreviews.com/ingredients/caffeine

100 mg of Theanine: It helps us relax. Why put a relaxing effect in a preworkout? Well, because not everything is about more and more. It's also about control. Theanine helps to keep Caffeine under control. It also works well together with Caffeine so it's a win-win. Also remember stress is produced when we exercise so it helps to deal with that. More info about Theanine here: https://supplementreviews.com/ingredients/theanine

5mg of Bioperine: Bioperine enhances absorption of several ingredients by slowing the metabolism of the ingredients and making them stay longer in the body so that would mean the benefits will stay for a longer time and the body will be able to absorb it better. The thing is it hasn't been tried with some preworkout ingredients so this is just in theory. It has been proven in several vitamins, Curcumin, etc, though. More studies need to be done. What if our body decides to take the ingredient to other parts of the body I didn't want to because it has been exposed for a longer time?? Anyways, More info here: https://supplementreviews.com/ingredients/black-pepper-extract

Finally I'm done, that's all the ingredients. Overall, great dose and ingredients. After effectiveness, we will see what can be better...

TASTE/MIXABILITY/DOSING

*TASTE: The BEST thing of UXO Preworkout V2 is the taste. I'm in love with the taste. I went to the heaven of flavors and returned to Earth just to write the review <3 hahaha. Flavor's name is "Blue Frost". It's the only flavor they have right now. If they decide to make other flavors, hopefully they are this awesome too.

*MIXABILITY: Excellent, never gave me problems mixing it and the powder's conservation was excellent too, never clumped.

*DOSING: First few days, I took 1 scoop (half serving) just to see how it worked with 1 scoop. But normal dose is 2 scoops (1 serving) with 6-8oz water 30-45 minutes before working out. I would recommend consuming it 45 minutes before just in case the Citrulline Malate sends you to a bathroom trip lol.

EFFECTIVENESS

Yea yea, I know I took too long to reach this section. Before starting, I'll say that I took this with only half-serving (1 scoop) for a few couple of days just to see how effective it was with half-serving. I was expecting average results with that half-serving and yes, I got average results. That's not something negative though because a full serving is 2 scoops and that's how it should be judged. My workouts are usually +2 hours (yea, a lot of time) so maybe your results will be better than mine with half-serving and also with a full serving:

1. Pump/Vascularity: My expectations with getting Pump and Vascularity were high because of the ingredients used. I usually respond well to 6 grams of Citrulline Malate and they decided to add 3 grams of Arginine AKG. I was expecting a bomb here! But I was dissapointed. That's not good news because the main attribute of this Preworkout was supposed to be the Pump/Vascularity part. This is even in the Pump section here at SR, I don't know why. Pump and Vascularity were average, a slight boost but nothing special. I was expecting way more. For some strange reason, Vascularity was sometimes better the next day than even during the workout lol. Maybe my expectations were too high? I don't know. I'm obviously judging the Vascularity/Pump when my resting time was low and my reps high, just in case you're wondering if resting time is affecting the results. I even tried adding VMI Vasogen powder (which has Agmatine as the main ingredient and also other herbs) but I wasn't able to get what I was expecting...

2. Endurance/Performance: Not everything is about Pump and Vascularity. Increasing Nitric Oxide levels also provide benefits related to endurance and performance. I think the Citrulline Malate and Arginine AKG did a better job here, along with the Beta-Alanine but Beta-Alanine has to be increased to something between 2 and 2.5 grams. I was able to recover faster between sets, decrease the burning sensation between sets, increased my number of repetitions and the thing I like the most from preworkouts: I love when they make me force myself to end a workout. I could continue training for hours and hours. That's the main benefit from preworkouts that not all are able to provide. I like when I have to tell myself to stop working out, enough is enough!

3. Strength: UXO Preworkout V2 is Creatine Free. Creatine is the favorite ingredient for Strength because it's highly effective. They decided to add 2 grams of Betaine Anhydrous. I think that it did a good job but it could have been better. Some days, I wasn't able to feel increased strength but other days I was able to feel it. Ingredients like Citrulline, Arginine and Beta-Alanine all participate in the Strength area too. I have a Creatine supplement so after trying the preworkout without Creatine for a few weeks, I decided to add Creatine. The difference was significant. It went from "good job" to "excellent job" although still not "elite". Elite level for me means when you're able to increase strength AND also feel the weight more light. Not all preworkouts get this job done, the majority doesn't IMO. So even though my strength increased with the added Creatine, the weight kept feeling very heavy.

4. Energy: It was decent. Not the best, not the worst and not average so I'm happy with that. I wasn't expecting it to be the best. 275mg of Caffeine is a good "healthy" amount so good job with it. The energy lasted my entire workout and like I said above, I had to force myself to end my workouts, that's also something positive for the energy part.

5. Focus: Focus was more than average. If they want to improve it, they will need to add other ingredients or put a better form of L-Tyrosine. 1 gram got the job done but I think there's margin to improve it, maybe with some Choline Bitartrate or using N-Acetyl-L-Tyrosine (NALT).

Last week of using this, I decided to give it another chance without the added Creatine and DMHA and it worked much better than the first weeks, which is why I gave it a higher score. I was going to put something between 7-7.5, there's still something missing that doesn't make this reach the score of 8.

VALUE

UXO Preworkout Version 2 (V2) is only available right now at their own website (www.uxosupplements.com) for $35.99. They have free shipping on orders over $75. IMO, based on the price and effectiveness, the price is a little bit high, a more fair price would be something like $32 or $30 + shipping. For $35.99, I would prefer to buy other preworkouts but if I could get it for $30-32, then that would be better.

But looking at the UXO Preworkout (the original one), it has a very similar formula. The difference is that the original one has 5 grams of BCAA (V2 has none), 2 grams of Carnosyn Beta Alanine (instead of 1.6g), 300mg of Caffeine Anhydrous (instead of 275mg and not Anhydrous), Rhodiola root (V2 has none) and Yohimbe bark (V2 has none). The other ingredients are the same (6g Citrulline Malate, 3g Arginine AKG, 2g Betaine, 1g Taurine, 1g Tyrosine, 5mg Bioperine...). The UXO Preworkout original version is worth $26.99 for 20 servings. 10 less servings BUT it has 5 grams of BCAA, that's 2 supplements in 1 so that's an excellent price. If I had to choose, I would definitely buy the original version, better formula, cheaper but more complete. UXO is basically charging $10 more for 10 more servings but of a weaker formula... No idea why they removed the BCAA's and made the formula weaker.

SIDE EFFECTS

1. Happiness from the delicious taste.
2. From 30 servings, this sent me to the bathroom like 15-20 times, which is a lot. But it wasn't diarrhea or something bad, it was just the intestines moving the wastes out "in peace" lol. It's "normal" with high amounts of Citrulline Malate (although this also depends).
3. Dyes

CONCLUSION

Take into consideration that before trying this Preworkout, I had Nutrabio PRE Extreme. I've had the best results with that, the best preworkout I've taken for now. So maybe with some of my comments I'm unconsciously comparing them both, which is a little unfair. I'm happy with the results UXO Preworkout V2 gave to me although I was expecting way more from the Pump/Vascularity which was supposed to be the main attribute of this preworkout. Overall, good job!

SUGGESTIONS FOR THE COMPANY

1. Increase the Carnosyn Beta-Alanine dose. Too expensive? Then use one that is not patented, that's a possible idea.
2. Include the BCAA you removed from the original version. I don't know why you removed it in this second version but a preworkout with BCAA makes a lot of difference. Value would change a lot if you include the BCAA and still charge $35.99 because I'm basically getting 2 supplements in 1.
3. I like Yohimbe so I would like to see it in the formula too. I know some people don't like Yohimbe but I think, based on my workout routine, Yohimbe would have helped a lot with the Caffeine. Even though Energy wasn't a problem, I think Yohimbe would have made the Energy area go to the "next level". Or consider something like Synephrine instead...
4. Dyes. You use FD&C Blue 1. From what I've read (not so much), Dyes are used because they influence the perception of taste the food has to people that consume them. It's something similar to the all "$9.99" instead of "$10". Even though it's only a 1 cent difference, our perception is that the difference is way bigger, that's why companies use the 0.99, 0.50 stuff... The thing is this preworkout is not food. My shaker is black so I don't care what color the liquid is and if it was transparent, I wouldn't care either. So if the purpose of using dyes is only about the color and not the taste, then remove it, it's not necessary. But if the dye changes the taste of the flavor, then leave it as it is because the taste is amazing <3
5. Talking about flavors, consider changing the name of it to "Blue Heaven". Blue Frost sounds alright but Blue Heaven might describe it better ;)
6. Considering your experiment with Citrulline Malate and Arginine AKG unfortunately didn't work for me as expected, I would try with another combination. Maybe Arginine HCL? or instead of Arginine, use Agmatine? or Arginine Nitrate? Or Creatine Nitrate? Of course, wait for other reviews to see if it was only me because apparently it worked well for user "zbikowski88" (yea I had to copy-paste that username). I did add Agmatine to the formula sometimes and I got the same moderate results, maybe it's only me? Who knows...
7. Looking forward to your next flavor :D

Thanks to Micronamin for sending it out!
  September 2, 2017

Pros:
 Cons:
  • Good For Hydration
  • Recover Electrolytes
  • Average Taste
  • Recover Faster From Fatigue
  • High Amount Of Vitamin C
  • Opening Is Annoying

INTRODUCTION

That title is painful to some people, sorry... What's up SupplementReviews. Before starting, thank you to Micronamin for participating in the SR Troops program and SupplementReviews for making this possible. I don't usually take Gatorade or other drinks for electrolytes and I'm a person that sweats a lot! So when I saw the opportunity to try 50 servings of Reload, I said hey maybe this can help me, let's try it. Let's see if I could recover those rebellious electrolytes!

INGREDIENT PROFILE

Before requesting the product, what I liked the most from the Nutritio...

INGREDIENT PROFILE

Before requesting the product, what I liked the most from the Nutrition Facts was the amount of Vitamin C (580mg). Vitamin C is like Whey, there are other types of Vitamins (Protein in my analogy) but you always want these! The benefits of Vitamin C are a lot, it would be boring if I put all of them here but it's very beneficial especially for people who workout. Taking Vitamin C reduces the risk of getting a cold, it can also help to reduce the symptoms once we have the cold, it supports test levels, works well together with Zinc, increases blood flow, fortifies the immune system and many other benefits. I'm taking a Multivitamin right now but I'm using a low dose so getting the extra Vitamin C from Micronamin Reload was great.

I also liked the inclusion of Zinc. Zinc is important for men, especially the ones who workout which is our case. And finally, the electrolytes. A good amount of each. User @DaSlaya mentioned each one and explained most of them. The amounts of some seem low but it's because this is not a multivitamin supplement. Overall, good amounts. It's great that this has no sugar, no carbs, no fat, no cholesterol.

TASTE/MIXABILITY/OPENING/DOSING

TASTE: Like the 2 users before, I also received Lemon Lime. When I was very thirsty, it was delicious! When I wasn't thirsty, taste was "average". Not bad but not delicious either. I gave 3 persons a packet so they could try it and they could tell me how was the taste. 2 of them said it was bad and 1 of them said it was average.

MIXABILITY: Excellent, never gave me problems mixing it with a shaker. Didn't try it with other things. However, a little problem was the powder's conservation. It was affected by humidity.

OPENING: Opening each packet can be annoying though because I didn't get any instructions on where/how to open it, not even a small arrow, nothing. Somebody told me to remove all the white part of the packet, that was the correct way of opening it.

DOSING: 1-2 packets per day depending on the amount of sweat I had... I tried this during my workout for 2 weeks. First day of using this, I used 20oz but I couldn't feel the flavor. Then I read and it said 16.9oz. With that, the flavor can be felt but I prefer a stronger taste so I usually used 12-14oz and sometimes 16oz.

EFFECTIVENESS

The first day I tried this (the day I used 20oz) I'm like: Well, if I drink 20oz of water, I'll definitely also feel hydrated lol. So to see the real effectiveness of Micronamin Reload, you will have to test it in a day where there's a lot of heat and/or a day you're sweating a lot. I did and that's where I could feel the benefits. In those situations, you will notice the difference between drinking water and drinking Reload. For example, when the weather is very hot, sometimes we drink water but it doesn't do much to make us feel hydrated. But we stop taking water because we start to feel full. That's the difference with Reload. With Reload, I didn't need a huge amount of liquid to feel hydrated and I could feel I was recovering the nutrients lost during sweating because fatigue was hitting me less.

I also tried it during my workout for 2 weeks. I usually only take water during my workout, sometimes aminoacids but I usually take my aminos post-workout or another time of the day. What's the point of taking a preworkout with a high amount of Beta-Alanine, Citrulline, etc, if I'm going to take aminos intra-workout? Anyways, like I was saying, I usually only take water. I could feel the difference between only taking water and taking Reload. I usually drink small amounts of water after every set. It's a habit I have. Good thing is that I'm hydrated. Bad thing is that I have to pee a lot and the ingredients are being lost! Oh no! lol. With Reload, I didn't feel the need to take liquid after every set and I could feel my body using the liquid more efficiently. Reload is not an amino acid supplement though, it's going to help with hydration, lower sensation of fatigue, etc, but it's not an amino acid supplement so don't expect miracles. But you can definitely feel its effects during your workout.

I also never got sick while taking Reload. I'm also taking a Multivitamin though (low dose). Oh I almost forgot lol. Sometimes I combined Reload with my aminoacids post-workout or during the day and the combination was great! So that's also a good idea.

VALUE

Micronamin's website (www.micronamin.com) has it for $29.99. Flat-rate shipping is $5.95. Amazon has it for $32.16 (and I think free shipping). Groupon has it right now for $19.99 so if you haven't tried it, this is your chance because that's an excellent value. But I have to judge the normal value. $30 for 50 servings of electrolytes + Vitamin C is alright. It's a good and fair price. Remember you're getting a high amount of Vitamin C per serving and you're getting each serving in individual packets.

SIDE EFFECTS

CONCLUSION

MarsheS tired of water. MarsheS likes Hydration. MarsheS discover Reload. MarsheS has good health. I'm a bad copy of Gilla right? lol. Micronamin Reload is a good option for people that are tired of water. It's also a good option if even if you like water, you don't like to feel full of water. It's effective for hydration and to recover the nutrients lost during sweating. So you will recover from your fatigue (because of sweating and heat) faster. The best conclusion I can make: I'm missing Reload. Nobody knows what they have until it's gone :'(

SUGGESTIONS FOR THE COMPANY

1. Put a paper with instructions on how to open the packets or put an arrow atleast...
2. I support user @DaSlaya's suggestion of making a variety pack of 50 with mixed flavors. Having all the flavors in one box would be a much better idea for the consumer and for you $$$.

Overall
Thanks to Nature Restore for sending it out!
  August 9, 2017

Pros:
 Cons:
  • All Natural
  • Improves Insulin Sensitivity
  • Maintains Healthy Blood Sugar
  • Improved Digestion
  • Excellent Selection Of Ingredients
  • Prop Blend
  • Underdosed Ingredients
  • Magnesium Severely Underdosed

INTRODUCTION

What's up SupplementReviews. Thanks to Nature Restore for participating again in the SR Troops Programs and SupplementReviews for making this possible. After the dirty bulking period, regrets start to arise. One of those regrets is the high glucose levels. I haven't made any blood test but I'm sure my levels must be "moderately high". So after thinking a lot, I decided to try Nature Restore GlucoseOne to see how it could help me with this problem.

Nature Restore, make sure you check the "Suggestions for the Company" at the end of my review.

----INGREDIENT PROFILE--...

INGREDIENT PROFILE

If you want a quick description of each ingredient, check the "MFR's Description" tab to your left. I'm going to make comments about them and the possible doses. Here we have a proprietary blend. Consumers don't like them but I understand when companies use them. All I ask for is some "hints" that the ingredients are not underdosed. Glucose One has 8 ingredients, 2 of them are not in the Proprietary Blend, 6 of them are.

*1000mcg of Chromium Picolinate: You will often see this ingredient in this type of supplements. Picolinate is the most common form used but I would've liked to see "Chromium Nicotinate or Polynicotinate" which is a combination of Chromium and Niacin. Niacin enhances Chromium's absorption better than Chromium Picolinate so overall it's better. The thing is it's not used so much by supplements. 1000mcg of Chromium Picolinate is a good amount, it's high enough.

*10 micrograms of Magnesium Glycinate: The recommended amount of normal Magnesium is between 200-400mg. I couldn't find the amount recommended for this form of Magnesium but it looks extremely underdosed.

Then we have 982mg of a Proprietary Blend consisting of: Innoslim (patended by NuLiv Science), Pine Bark Extract, Mulberry Leaf extract, Gymnema Sylvestre extract, Carcuma Longa extract, and Coptis Chinesis extract. The recommended daily dosage of Innoslim is 250mg but we can't know if Glucose One has that amount, I assume it has a good amount (maybe not the 250mg). Then we have Pine Bark Extract. The minimum effective dose seen is 50mg but you can take up to 450mg daily, this one seems to have a good dose. Then it comes Mulberry leaf. The minimum effective dose is probably 1 gram so this is underdosed. Then it comes Gymnema Sylvestre (I wrote it I didn't copy it xD). I couldn't find a minimum effective dose but when I can't find this information, I look for the doses other supplements have. This ingredient is very cheap. Found supplements having 400-500mg per serving and they have 100+ capsules so considering this, Gymnema Sylvestre is probably underdosed too. Then we got "Curcuma Longa" also known as Curcumin which is the active ingredient of Turmeric. Curcumin's absorption is poor so Piperine is recommended. 80-500mg of real Curcumin is recommended. Considering this doesn't has Piperine, then this amount of Curcumin won't do much. Aaaaaaaannnnnddddd fffiiinnnaaalllyyy (I was about to kill myself here because it's taking me so long), we got Berberine. Berberine's effective dose ranges from 900-2000mg so this is underdosed in Glucose One too.

Excellent selection of ingredients because all of these ingredients have studies supporting the benefits they give. Unfortunately, most are underdosed :(

TASTE/MIXABILITY/DOSING

No taste/aftertaste while/after swallowing the capsules.
Capsules were very easy to swallow, good job.
2 capsules 30 minutes before the largest meal of the day. Sounds easy right? Well for me it wasn't. I was out of focus for like 10-15 servings. Sometimes I remembered while I was already eating and sometimes inmediately after eating. Luckily, half of the bottle I took it as instructed. Sorry for my mistake.

EFFECTIVENESS

It was difficult to determine the effectiveness without any blood test but I could feel some benefits:
- Reduced desire to continue eating after finishing my last meal. Something between 5-10%
- Slightly reduced desire for sugar cravings. Something between 5-10%
- Digestion of foods with high carbohydrate content felt more 'smooth'. More than 70%
- Increased digestion overall. More than 70%

Those were the effects I could feel that were positive. The best benefit I had was the improved digestion. The most important benefits happen inside the body though and I can't be sure of them. My weight went down a bit (2 pounds) but I don't know if it's because of GlucoseOne. I also think that to see better and visible results, you need to take this for a couple of months, not only 1 bottle, even more considering some ingredients are underdosed.

VALUE

Amazon has it for $15.95 right now and Nature Restore's website has it for $18.99. Livehealthystore.com has it for $17.86 (I've never bought from this place though). This is an excellent price. I would say I would pay a maximum of $20 for GlucoseOne, not more than that because most ingredients are underdosed.

SIDE EFFECTS

CONCLUSION

Nature Restore did it again. A cheap, effective product with great ingredients, unfortunately some are underdosed. Effectiveness was little but I could feel some of the benefits. I didn't give a 6 to Effectiveness because I didn't do any blood test so they have the benefit of the doubt here. I also think the digestion part worked like an 8 so that increases Effectiveness to a 7. For this low price, I'm willing to try more bottles to improve the results. I feel this is one of my "weakest" review but oh well, that's all I could do :( Hey, separating a bit from sugar wasn't easy! I was close to depression! lol. So now that I finished the product.... Sugar, come with MarsheS! ^^

SUGGESTIONS FOR THE COMPANY

1. Make a bigger bottle with more capsules. These ingredients take time to work completely so it would be smarter and better to make a bigger bottle with more capsules (atleast 120 caps).
2. Try putting more Magnesium to the formula, it's heavily underdosed. I understand that the point is to all ingredients to work well together but I don't think Magnesium can do something with such low amount.

July 17, 2017

• Bad Aftertaste
  • Hidden BCAA Amount
  • Discontinued

INTRODUCTION

What's up SupplementReviews (SR). Before you say, I know this product recently got discontinued. I recently finished taking my 4th container of MP Whey Diesel. I think I've been taking it since December 2016. I decided to write this review because I wanted to share my experience with the product and also because MusclePharm is introducing again the products they had before (with a few changes) so I imagine they will also introduce a product similar to MusclePharm Whey Diesel.

INGREDIENT PROFILE

15 grams of Whey Protein Isolate and 10 grams of Whey Protein Con...

INGREDIENT PROFILE

15 grams of Whey Protein Isolate and 10 grams of Whey Protein Concentrate, which makes it 25 grams of total Protein.
5 grams of added (extra) Glutamine.
Very low calories, fat and carbohydrates.

When I first saw 5 grams of Glutamine, I thought it was the typical grams most Whey Protein supplements have. But then I read more and I saw it was an extra amount. So if it's an extra amount, then why they didn't market this saying it has 9 or 10 grams of Glutamine? That's what makes it special. I also don't like that they hid the BCAA amount. Hopefully if they release a new version of this, they tell us how much BCAA it has.

TASTE/MIXABILITY/DOSING

*TASTE: I tried both flavors, 2 containers each: Chocolate Milkshake and Vanilla Ice Cream. If you read those names, you imagine the taste will be amazing! Too bad they weren't. They both had a bad aftertaste, you could feel the chemicals. If they decide to release a new version, I really hope they fix the taste! The taste overall isn't bad but it's not good either. 5/10 maybe 6/10 if I'm generous. I hope they didn't do that on purpose for this to "taste like Diesel" Hahaha.

*MIXABILITY: I thought this would mix faster considering it had 15 grams of Whey Isolate and 10g of Whey Concentrate. Well, nope. I had close to 200 servings, it only gave me problems mixing like with 15-20 servings, that's not bad. And some servings was because I went straight with 2 scoops directly, so overall it didn't give me problems mixing it but you have to shake this for like 30 seconds.

*DOSING: I usually took 2 scoops per day (1 scoop during weekends), sometimes the 2 scoops at once or divided during the day. 8oz for a strong taste, 10-12oz for a lighter taste. My suggestion is to use 8oz with 1 scoop to finish it faster lol.

EFFECTIVENESS

Considering I used MP Whey Diesel for 6 months approximately, I can gladly say if it helped me build/develop muscle or not which is the main purpose of taking a Protein supplement lol. All the digestion thing is secondary that depends more in our body's environment but yea, I understand that you can't really say much when you finish a 2 pound container, maybe you could with a 4 pound or 5 pound. Anyways, during the 6 months of use, I got excellent results. My muscles are definitely more developed, of course I also took a lot of other supplements (like always). The thing is that I always take Creatine, BCAA, Glutamine, etc, but with Diesel, the results were enhanced. Coincidence? I don't think so. Increased muscle size and muscles growth was visible. That's how Protein works!

I'm dissapointed with the added 5 grams of Glutamine because I didn't perceive improved recovery from this. I think the improved recovery came from other supplements (BCAA, Creatine, etc). So maybe if they release a new version, they can remove the added Glutamine and add another ingredient, maybe some extra Creatine or BCAA or surprise us with HMB or HICA... I was also kind of dissapointed with the digestion time. Considering it has 15g of Whey Isolate and 10g of Whey Concentrate, I expected a digestion time of 1 hour, maybe 1.5 hours max. but it took 2 hours approx. with 1 scoop and like 3-3.5 hours with 2 scoops. Not shocking though.

VALUE

Initially, it had a cost of $54.99 and then $49.99. I think $49.99 is a fair value, you're getting extra Glutamine (46 servings of Glutamine) and top quality disclosed protein sources.

SIDE EFFECTS

I had close to 200 servings and I had side effects of going to the bathroom after taking this like 5-10 times maximum. Nothing to worry about.

CONCLUSION

A Protein supplement with 15 grams of Whey Isolate and 10 grams of Whey Concentrate. It's good that it has more Isolate. They also added 5 grams of extra Glutamine which makes this a unique protein supplement although I didn't really see too much effects from that extra Glutamine. Excellent, visible and effective results after using 4 containers. Taste of the 2 flavors had a bad aftertaste that ruined everything, I hope they fix that. Value was fair considering you get 46 extra servings of Glutamine per container. I hope MusclePharm releases a new version of Whey Diesel with the things they need to fix.

June 20, 2017

Pros:
 Cons:
  • 100 % Micellar Casein
  • Great Profile
  • Versatile
  • Aids Recovery
  • Informative Label
  • Anti-catabolic
  • Taste Wasn't Extraordinary
  • Unfair Value

INTRODUCTION

What's up Supplement Reviews (SR). Thanks to Nutrabio and Supplement Reviews for making this connection possible and trusting us. It's time to review Nutrabio Micellar Casein. I lift weights 5 days per week from Monday to Friday and I constantly take Protein supplements because my diet is not very high in protein so I usually have to take 2-3 scoops daily to meet my daily requirements of Protein for muscle growth/repair/maintenance/etc. I'm happy I was able to claim this Casein to see if it's worth it. Let's see how it worked and what the fictional "seller" of the title told "us" about the price... ;)

INGREDIENT PROFILE

The only protein source is Micellar Casein. 25 grams of Micellar Casein net, it's cold processed. 5 grams of BCAAs, 5 grams of Glutamic Acid (Glutamine precursor), 730mg of Calcium (70% of Daily Value). There was a mistake from Nutrabio saying it had 6.2 grams of BCAAs and 6.2 grams of Glutamine. They already corrected the mistake (thanks to SR user @DaSlaya for making the contacts). I asked the rep here at SR on May 31 about this issue and I'm still waiting for him to answer lol (Another reason I took longer to write this review). Nutrabio officially corrected the mistake so fair enough.

What else? You want to know about the Calories, Fat and Carbohydrates? Well, let me tell you something first... If you're worried about the Calories, Carbs and Fat of a protein supplement, then you have some symptoms of having a mental problem. I hate those people that cry about 3g of Carbs (1% of Daily Value!), 1g of Fat (1% of Daily Value!), 0.5g of Saturated Fat (3% of Daily Value!), 1 gram of sugar and 120 calories. Nothing to worry about!

TASTE/MIXABILITY/DOSING

*TASTE: I requested and received the Dutch Chocolate flavor. It's not the typical chocolate flavor, I liked it. Not the best I've tried but it's different and has a good taste. It's similar to a chocolate bar that has a purple paper covering it, I forgot the name of the chocolate...

*MIXABILITY: I'm not one of those persons that shake things 10-15 seconds and expect full mixability. If you do this then you have a symptom of a mental problem, seriously. If you throw the powder first and then the liquid and expect full mixability, you don't have a symptom of a mental problem (ok maybe yes), you're just doing something dumb! LIQUID FIRST then the powder. I shake for 45-60 seconds (might be too much but I always want to be sure). 30-45 should be the average time. Never gave me problems mixing it, good job.

*DOSING: 1 scoop in 6-8 ounces of water some minutes before bedtime and a couple of days during the day. I didn't use this everyday, that's why I took longer to finish this. I first worked only with 6oz (because the tub says 6oz) but then I did 8oz so I could remain fuller for a longer time.

EFFECTIVENESS

It's difficult to judge the effectiveness of a Casein Protein supplement. When I used 6oz, I was expecting to feel more full but it worked similar to a Whey Concentrate in terms of digestion time. With 8oz, I could feel those effects of feeling full for longer hours. Best thing is that the taste didn't decrease with the 8oz so good job. I had no problems with digestion. Casein proteins usually have a gritty texture, I could feel it in this one but not so much like in other Casein proteins. I still woke up hungry though but that's probably because my metabolism is too fast. Can't talk too much about recovery, I was taking BCAAs, Creatine, Whey Protein, etc, at the same time.

VALUE

Aaaaaaand this is the main part of this supplement IMO. The "car" was beautiful, we took a look inside and wow, beautiful. The thing is... the seller is asking for $40! Yes, it's not wrong, it's $40! I tried to find if there was a special ingredient (like enzymes) to see if the price was justified but nope, couldn't find any. Nutrabio products are usually expensive but it's usually because they are top quality and because they have ingredients that other supplements don't have so the saying "You're getting what you pay for" is valid for Nutrabio products. BUT that saying doesn't apply to this Casein and none of the reviews below this one that defended this price could give valid reasons to justify the price. I'm actually angry that one of the "Pros" option below is "Good Value". The average of this category is $30. What justifies this being $40? Only thing is that because Nutrabio is now sold by other sites (BB, Suppz, etc), then they had to increase the price in their own website. The thing is these mentioned websites also sell it for that price. BB doesn't carry the Casein yet though. Suppz also has it for $40.

But let's look at this: According to the reviews below, in 2013 and 2014, the price was $28 (which is its fair price). In 2015, they increased it to $34 and in 2017 they increased it to $40. I don't see anything in the formula that justifies the $12 increase. So unfortunately, this car is beautiful but too expensive! The Cold Processed doesn't justify it, neither does the instantized part. The competition's Casein supplements are way cheaper. Gold Standard Casein also has Aminogen, Dymatize Elite Casein uses Cross Flow Microfiltration... what does NutraBio has? Cold Processed (great, just like Dymatize).. anything else? No Maltodextrin? (Ok...), what else justifies a difference of $12? Exactly, nada. So stop defending what doesn't deserves any defense. I would only buy this if I get a 20% discount and I would still think twice before buying it. SO RUN AWAY HONEY, RUN, THE SELLER WANTS OUR MONEY!

SIDE EFFECTS

None, great job.

CONCLUSION

This Casein supplement has good doses of Protein, BCAA's, etc. It has a clean profile and it's effective. It also has a good taste (Dutch Chocolate). But the price is very expensive and not justified. They increased the price from $28 to $40 in 3 years and I couldn't find any valid reason to do it. The fair price is $30, no more than that. I'm dissapointed by Nutrabio, I can't recommend this product until they bring the cost down to $30.

SUGGESTIONS FOR THE COMPANY

1. Bring the price down to $30. You're not putting any additional ingredients like enzymes/prebiotics/probiotics/etc that could justify the $40 price.

June 13, 2017

Pros:
 Cons:
  • No Proprietary Blends
  • Nice Colors
  • High Doses
  • Decent Focus
  • High Performance
  • No Side Effects
  • Preworkout With Carbs
  • Great Endurance
  • Can Be Expensive
  • 20 Servings

INTRODUCTION

What's up SupplementReviews (SR). Thanks to SupplementReviews and NutraBio for making this possible and trusting us. Sorry for the delay writing this, it's just that I keep reading other reviews instead of writing my own! lol. I lift weights from Monday to Friday and preworkouts have become one of my favorite supplements to have, a must have. My workouts are usually +2 hours long so that's even more reasons to take a preworkout. I was very tempted to try Nutrabio PRE Extreme because of the ingredients and doses included so luckily, I was able to claim it :D

Like I sai...

INTRODUCTION

Like I said in my Nutrabio Reload's review, "NutraBio sent me a folder with pages explaining each one of their products (I also claimed their Casein and PRE Extreme), they also sent me one of their shakers and a letter telling me about their History and the advantages of their products like no amino spiking, no proprietary blends, full clinical dosages, etc. You can view this as just a way of manipulating me to give them high ratings or... you can view this as a way of letting me know they really care about their products. I prefer this second way of looking at that. I don't think they need to do the first one. I would do something similar like them if I was the owner of the company."

The results were very impressive, let's read why...

TASTE/MIXABILITY/DOSING

*TASTE: I requested the Green Apple flavor and I got it. I honestly wasn't expecting NutraBio PRE Extreme to taste well because of all the ingredients included. It's difficult to mix so many ingredients and make them taste well. But Nutrabio did a great job with the taste. The taste is not so strong nor weak, it's simply delicious! 9/10! I'm now tempted to try their Watermelon flavor.

MIXABILITY: Never gave me problems mixing it. Some slight foam was generated but nothing to worry about, just let it sit for some 30-60 seconds and it will vanish. Just remember: WATER FIRST, NOT THE POWDER! Don't complain about clumps if you put the powder first. Never tried it with this supplement but it's expected that will happen if you put the powder first.

DOSING: 1 scoop 30-45 minutes before working out. No more than 1 scoop. 20 total servings. Of course 30 servings would have been better but 20 servings is okay for a preworkout of this category. You're getting top quality ingredients with high doses. I never exceeded 1 scoop, it's not necessary.

EFFECTIVENESS

The ingredient profile is impressive. The product label is already added, people have also included it in other reviews so I won't talk too much about them. I love all the ingredients this included so I'll join both sections (ingredients and effectiveness) to talk about how effective they were.

- PUMP/VASCULARITY: Excellent results. The muscle fullness was decent and a lot of veins I don't normally see were visible so the combination between the 15g of Dextrin, 6g fermented Citrulline Malate, 1g Agmatine Sulfate, 750mg of Nitrosigine along with the Creatine worked great. I usually respond well to Citrulline and Agmatine so I was expecting good results in this area and I got them, it never dissapointed me. The Pump was a "healthy" one, it didn't affect my lifts, it wasn't painful.

- ENDURANCE & PERFORMANCE: Excellent results. I was able to workout for a longer time, I had to force myself to stop lifting! That's a feeling I love from preworkouts <3. I was also able to make supersets easier. The number of repetitions increased for every exercise. Recovery between sets was increased, I was able to rest less time between sets. I was able to do more exercises for each muscle. Great job from the 6g Citrulline Malate, 2.5g Carnosyn Beta Alanine, 3 grams of Creatine Monohydrate and HCL together, 350mg of 2 types of Caffeine (Anhydrous and Dicaffeine Malate). Tingles from Beta Alanine were alright, not so heavy on me.

- FOCUS: Excellent results. Focus was very decent similar to what I experienced with NRG Max from Maxler. I was always thinking about the sets, the repetitions, the next routines, the combinations, the inclusion of other exercises, etc. My mood was improved too. 1 or 2 days that it went down to average but overall, it was usually high. Great job from the 1.2 grams of N-Acetyl-L-Tyrosine (I usually see 1g of Tyrosine alone, I'm very surprised to see this high amount of this form of Tyrosine), 350mg of the 2 types of Caffeine mentioned above, 300mg Theanine, 100mcg of Huperzine A, 50mg of Hordenine HCL, etc.

- ENERGY: Excellent results. My previous preworkout had 400mg of Caffeine. I took some days off stimulants before taking Nutrabio PRE Extreme to reduce my caffeine tolerance but I was still worried about this. But I guess this is the proof that more caffeine doesn't mean more energy. The energy from this preworkout felt smooth, it felt like "free", it was an energy that was available to use, it wasn't extreme but it was intense, it was long lasting. It's the first time a supplement with Dicaffeine Malate works for me lol although maybe it was because of other ingredients like Yohimbe HCL (good job adding this), Hordenine HCL, etc. The energy was present until the end of my long +2 hours workouts so great job! It never dissapointed me. I also didn't have a post-workout Crash so I was happy about that. (I did with my previous preworkout).

- STRENGTH: Excellent results. Another important benefit of taking a preworkout is the Increased Strength. People that don't take preworkouts might feel strong at the beginning but then their strength starts to vanish. With Nutrabio PRE Extreme, my Strength always increased. One workout was better the next week than the previous week workout (wait, did I type that correctly? lol). I love Creatine HCL, I think it works. I tried it with MuscleTech Creactor and it worked great for me. I've tried it now a couple of times as pre-workout and it has worked very well for me. The combination of 1g of Creatine HCL (more than the standard 750mg) and 2g of Creatine Monohydrate is excellent. Some people might complain they are just getting 2g of Monohydrate but I don't think it's necessary. Don't touch what is working! lol. They expect the 2 forms of Creatine, the 2.5 grams of Betaine, the 3.5g of fermented Leucine, the 2.5g of Beta-Alanine and the help of other ingredients included to work well together and hey, they do. It's not easy to make ingredients work together. Too much of 1 ingredient can affect the others so I feel the 2g of Monohydrate is alright because of all the other ingredients they used to help improve our strength. Of course I had to try to increase my 1RM with this preworkout and I did :D The 1RM became 3 and 4 reps ;) Oh I forgot to thank the Dextrin too!

- ELECTROLYTE & HYDRATION: I drink small amounts of water after every set. I kept doing the same but it was more because it's already a habit I have, not because I was thirsty so yes, Hydration was better. Also good job with the added Vitamins to help balance and control all these ingredients! Same with Taurine.

Any other category you might want to add, all I have to say is that IT WORKED! I felt all the ingredients doing their job.

VALUE

Aaaaaaaaand this is the part people may run away from this product. Nutrabio's website has it for $43.99, Suppz for $42.99, IllPumpYouUp for $42.99, Nutrition Jungle for $42.99, etc. It has 20 servings. That's $2.15 per serving. It's expensive but it's worth it and it's a fair price. Nutrabio is using patented ingredients for almost all the ingredients they added (Carnosyn, ClusterDextrin, PharmaPure, Nitrosigine, Kyowa Quality, Infinergy and so on). So that must also be expensive for them. At the moment, you will not find a preworkout with these top quality ingredients and doses for a cheaper price. I challenge you to find one. I really doubt there's one right now that can equal this Ingredient Profile and have it for a cheaper price. So you're getting what you pay for. You want one of the best preworkouts? Then pay for it.

Good news for us people that like to buy cheap (yea, me :D) is that now that Nutrabio is more available, websites constantly run discounts, promotions, special offers for Nutrabio products so if I was you, I would look for them weekly. Meanwhile, you can save money to get this. That's what I'm going to do and NO! I won't tell you if I find one! hahahaha. But don't be a bad person like me, tell me if you find a good discount/promo/etc for this product :)

SIDE EFFECTS

Surprisingly, none. Never had to run to the bathroom with this. I thought the 6g of Citrulline Malate were going to send me to the bathroom a couple of times but nope, it was great, no side effects. I was also expecting some post-workout crash but nope, that didn't happen either. Just normal tireness from the heavy workouts.

CONCLUSION

For now, the best preworkout I've taken. Delicious Green Apple taste. Great mixability. Easy dosing. Great results on Pump, Vascularity, Energy, Focus, Strength, etc. (Read effectiveness again). Surprisingly no side effects. Preworkout with Carbs worked great. The only thing I wonder is that what would have happened if I didn't have Nutrabio Reload Recovery Matrix with me? I took it early in the morning several weeks and the PRE Extreme some hours later, MAYBE my effectiveness score is very high because of that. The days I didn't take Reload because it was finished, my workouts weren't affected, maybe 5% only. Expensive but it's worth to save some money to buy it. Good marketing. Fully transparent label.

SUGGESTIONS FOR THE COMPANY

1. Ignore the petitions of adding DMAA to this. That ingredient will be gone "forever" soon so no point adding it. Second of all, it doesn't need DMAA nor DMHA. I'm curious to see how this would work with DMHA though ;) but I think it's unnecessary.
2. I would like a Blue Raspberry flavor or a Pineapple flavor or maybe some Mango.
3. Maybe adding Bioperine would make this perfect. I don't think it's needed because it worked great for me but maybe that's what other users needed.

Great product, congratulations Nutrabio!

June 4, 2017

Pros:
 Cons:
  • Enhanced Recovery
  • Vegan
  • Electrolytes
  • Has Vitamins
  • Nice Name
  • Reduced Fatigue
  • Tingles Post-Workout
  • Upset Stomach
  • Only 2 Flavors

INTRODUCTION

What's up SupplementReviews (SR). Thanks to SupplementReviews and NutraBio for making this possible and trusting us. It's time to review the most versatile supplement, NutraBio Reload Recovery Matrix. I lift weights 5 days a week and take the typical supplements: Creatine, BCAA, Aminoacids, Multivitamin, etc. When I saw Reload was available, I was very eager to try it and luckily, I was able to claim it.

INGREDIENT PROFILE

You can check the "MFR'S DESCRIPTION" on the left (below Product Label) to read why they added all the ingredients. There, they explain the purpose of each ingredient so I won't waste space nor time mentioning that here. I like all the ingredients NutraBio Reload has. Special mention to the 8 grams of fermented vegan source BCAA. 4-5 grams is the average of the industry so having 8 grams of fermented vegan BCAA in each serving is great! Another special mention to 1.5 grams of L-Carnitine Tartrate, I've read good things about its effectiveness post-workout for recovery. I also loved the combination between 1.5 grams of Betaine, 1.5 grams of Creatine HCL and 500mg of Creatine Magnapower. I couldn't find what's the standard dose for Creatine Magnapower but considering they added it to work well together with Betaine and Creatine HCL, then it's alright. That amount of Creatine HCL is double from the standard dose (standard is 750mg) so that's great. Betaine helps with Creatine synthesis and that's a good amount too.

Other ingredients worth mentioning: 5 grams of Glutamine (Kyowa Quality), 1.6 grams of Beta-Alanine, 1.5 grams of Taurine. I've never heard of the Kyowa Quality Glutamine but if it's patented, then it's alright.

And some Vitamins + Minerals. Great Nutrition Facts, top quality ingredients, patented ingredients probably make this more expensive.

TASTE/MIXABILITY/DOSING

TASTE: I requested Orange Mango and got it. I love both of those fruits so I knew I was going to like it. They did a great job with the flavor and taste. It's not the best I've had but it's delicious. It's very hard to mix a lot of ingredients together, I had some doubts before because of the Leucine amount but nope, it wasn't a problem. They also have Passion Fruit, I'm eager to try that one, it must be delicious too. And for you grumpy taste bastards, there's also an Unflavored version lol.

MIXABILITY: Slight foaming but nothing to worry about. No clumps. Great mixing. It's difficult to mix so many ingredients together but they made it, good job. I just hope people throw in the water first and then the powder... If you do the opposite with any supplement, then don't complain about clumps.

DOSING: 1 scoop per day. They say that :"if training in the evening, take 1 serving early in the day". That's what I did, I took 1 serving like 1 hour after my breakfast. And considering this has a lot of post-workout ingredients, then sometimes I switched that serving after my workouts.

EFFECTIVENESS

Considering the difference in effectiveness, I'll separate this based on the 2 situations I took this: Early in the day (1 hour after my breakfast) and Post-Workout.

Early In the day (1 hour after my breakfast): Surprisingly, this was the moment I had the best results from NutraBio Reload. I usually feel the effects of aminoacids if I take them during the day before working out. And Reload wasn't the exception, the thing is in this case, it wasn't only BCAA, it was a bunch of ingredients that help you increase your performance, strength, recovery between sets and many other benefits. My recovery time between sets decreased, my strength increased, number of repetitions increased, I could workout for longer time, etc. I got the clean energy feeling after taking this. 8.5/10

Post-Workout: Looking at the ingredients, I thought this was going to be the perfect moment to take Reload. I don't know if my expectations were too high because of the ingredients but the effectiveness was "okay", nothing special. It wasn't bad but it felt like a normal amino acid supplement. The tingles from Beta-Alanine and Niacin are kind of annoying when it comes to Post-Workout, I love them pre-workout but not Post-workout. My post-workout recovery was average. Maybe my body wasn't digesting the ingredients correctly because sometimes I had to run to the bathroom after taking this. I combined it with food and sometimes it didn't give me any problems and sometimes it did. And taking Whey Protein after or before this is not a good idea. So I had to take this alone usually. My body wasn't completely comfortable taking this Post-Workout which is why I tried it most times Early in the Day. Maybe this is why they changed the name to "Reload"?? (It was called NutraBio Post Recovery). Why they removed the Bioperine? This can be the cause... 7/10

VALUE

NutraBio's website, Bodybuilding.com, Suppz, GNC have it for $39.99. It's not cheap BUT it's a fair price. The quality of the ingredients justifies the price. Just save some money and get it. You won't regret it.

SIDE EFFECTS

Sometimes I had to run to the bathroom after taking this. Don't know why, most of the times Post-Workout. Happened a couple of times. That's why I had to lower the score a bit. From 30 servings, it happened like 5 times, 4 post-workout and 1 early in the day.

CONCLUSION

Good list of ingredients. Top quality ingredients. Orange Mango is a very delicious taste. No problems mixing it. Great early in the day. Okay as Post-Workout. Nice marketing. Fair price. Nice name. Enhanced recovery between sets. Average recovery post-workout. Full transparency. Added vitamins/minerals. I called it "The most versatile supplement" because you can take this whenever you want. Early in the day, pre-workout, intra-workout, post-workout, anytime you want! And it will work.

SUGGESTIONS FOR THE COMPANY

1. Add the "Bioperine" to the formula again, why did you remove it? I think that would have helped me a lot digesting it post-workout without the side effects mentioned.
2. To lower the price, I would suggest removing the patented ingredients. Their normal versions (normal pure Glutamine and normal Beta-Alanine) would do a good job too IMO. But only if it means you will lower the price to $35 maybe... if not, then leave it as it is.

Thanks to Divided Labs for sending it out!
  May 17, 2017

• No Increased Strength
  • No Increased Pump
  • No Increased Vascularity

INTRODUCTION

What's up SupplementReviews (SR). Sorry for my delay writing this review. It's time to review this interesting product called Diverge Max from Divided Labs. Thanks to SupplementReviews and Divided Labs for participating in the SR Troop Program and trusting us. I lift weights 5 days per week and I consume a lot of supplements like Protein, Aminoacids, Creatine, Preworkouts, etc. I have never taken any prohormones, SARMS nor anabolic steroids and I don't plan to, I prefer the long difficult but safe route. I'm always looking for new healthy ingredients that can help me increase muscle mass, strength, recovery, etc, without affecting my health. Even though this product is in the Prohormone section, from what I've read, it doesn't have any prohormones so I feel I didn't "violate my own rule".

INGREDIENT PROFILE

Only 3 ingredients: 100mg of Epicatechin per cap, 50mg of Laxosterone per cap and 5mg of Bioperine per cap. 60 total caps.

Previous reviewer "abailey108" did a good job explaining the ingredients. But in case you want to read/know more, SupplementReviews has more info here (I feel people don't use this area so often): https://supplementreviews.com/ingredients/-epicatechin (Epicatechin) and here: https://supplementreviews.com/ingredients/5a-hydroxy-laxogenin (Laxosterone) and here: https://supplementreviews.com/ingredients/black-pepper-extract (Bioperine).

I like the ingredients it has, I like the doses. Like I said, only thing is that Laxosterone shouldn't be in this category. Diverge Max states the product is "Non-Hormonal Anabolic Igniter".

CLAIMS (some)

- Maximize Lean Muscle Growth
- Massive Strength Increases
- Increase Protein Synthesis and Nitrogen Retention
- Elevate Insulin Sensitivity and Glucose Dispersal
- Improve Vascularity and Muscle Fullness

OTHER SUPPLEMENTS TAKEN

I was also taking: Protein, BCAA/Aminoacids, Preworkout, Creatine, Glutamine, Fish Oil, Nature Restore BoneBoost, Insane Veinz and... don't remember what else lol. So considering this, it was VERY difficult to determine the effectiveness of Diverge Max. This was the main reason I took so long to write this review. I was taking products that could also meet the claims above. But I usually take them so maybe I can really say if this helped me or not, let's see...

EFFECTIVENESS

So let's start with what I think it didn't help me with: I FEEL it didn't help me with Strength. I was taking a K-XR (a Preworkout I reviewed) and I didn't see any strength increase (not from Diverge Max nor from K-XR) lol. Yea, I was sad. But then K-XR ended and I took a week off stimulants (as usual). I was surviving my routine with Creatine, Aminoacids, etc. These days my Strength didn't increase but it didn't decrease either. I don't think it was because of Diverge Max but I'll leave the doubt here lol. So overall, the massive strength increase claim didn't work for me. "Abailey108" noticed some increased strength (not massive) though.

- Another claim that didn't meet the expectations was: "Improve Vascularity and Muscle Fullness". Saw nothing extra. The Vascularity and Muscle Fullness came from other supplements, not from Diverge Max. The claim that it "elevates insulin sensitivity and glucose dispersal" couldn't be determined, sorry.

- I feel Diverge Max did an "ok" job with me with the remaining 2 claims: Increase Protein Synthesis and Nitrogen Retention + Maximize Lean Muscle Growth. It wasn't something special or extraordinary but I feel that atleast it helped me with 5%. Sometimes I want to think it helped me 10% but then I reconsider it and consider that "extra" 5% as placebo. I feel it helped me build/develop more muscle so it helped me with muscle growth. So if it helped me with muscle growth, it should have helped me with Protein Synthesis and Nitrogen Retention because one thing causes the other thing.

So Diverge Max wasn't all dissapointing about results. My Post-Workout Recovery was slightly increased. My 4 main objectives were: Muscle Growth, Recovery Strength and Pump. It helped me with 2 out of 4. Remember I was also taking Protein, Creatine, etc though but I always take them, I feel the results were slightly better with Diverge Max included in the combo. Diverge Max also says you can take this product for up to 12 weeks and then cycle off for 4 weeks! And I only used 1 bottle which would mean 4-5 weeks. I feel that with 12 weeks of use, that 5% can turn into a 15% "easily". Which is why I consider this an interesting product. I feel that with more bottles, the ratings would go higher.

TASTE/MIXABILITY/DOSING

TASTE: No taste nor aftertaste.
MIXABILITY: Capsules were easy to swallow.
DOSING: Same like "Abailey108", I took 1 capsule inmediately after breakfast and 1 capsule inmediately after dinner because I was more interested in the muscle growth benefit instead of the strength and pump. Diverge Max recommends you to split the dosage so it can be 1 with breakfast and 1 with lunch or 1 with lunch and 1 with dinner.

VALUE

Divided Labs website has it for $64.95, Suppz has it for $59.95, GetSupps for $59.95, Amazon for $59.95. It's too expensive. I would feel better paying $35, maybe $40 but not more than that, considering you need 2 or more bottles. If it's $35, then I would happily pay $70-75 for 2 bottles to see better results. It's only 3 ingredients. With $60, I can buy better products to get better results so you will have to do something about the price.

SIDE EFFECTS

CONCLUSION

Interesting Product, interesting ingredients. Good dose. Low results. Need more than 1 bottle. No increased Strength. No increased Pump. Slight increased recovery. More muscle growth. Too expensive. Easy to swallow caps.

SUGGESTIONS FOR THE COMPANY

1. Lower the price so we can buy more bottles and get better results. 1 bottle isn't enough to see the results and with that price of $60, it's too difficult to buy 2 bottles or more because that would be $120...