MarsheS

SR TROOPer

• Member has been active for 3 years, and was last online today

TROPHY CASE

Reviews by MarsheS

Thanks to VMI Sports for sending it out!
  July 21, 2018

Pros:
 Cons:
  • Keeps You Full
  • Nice Colors
  • Nice Graphics
  • Prime Ingredients
  • Mixes Effortlessly
  • Amazing Taste
  • Good Meal Replacment
  • Smooth Digestion
  • Not Cost Effective At 4 Scoops

INTRODUCTION

Thank you to VMI SPORTS for participating in the SR TROOP program and also for actively responding to messages. Thanks to SupplementReviews for making the connection brand-consumer possible. After finishing my weight/fat loss "program", I wanted to gain a bit of lean mass so this was the perfect opportunity to try VMI Major Mass. Let's see how it ended.

INGREDIENT PROFILE

2 scoops has: 30 servings, 250 calories, 6g Total Fat (3.5g Saturated), 58mg Cholesterol (19% DV), 30g Total Carbohydrates (10g from Sugar) and 20g Protein. The product does a good job classifying each ingredient into the Protein, Carbohydrate and Fat category.

Protein sources are: Whey Protein Concentrate, Whole Milk Powder, Whey Protein Isolate, Milk Protein Isolate. Unfortunately, it doesn't say how much amount of each protein because from those 20g, 15g could be from Whey Protein Concentrate and Whole Milk Powder, which would be dissapointing. But I would like to think that each Protein has 5g, which is alright. Overall, good protein sources.

Time Released Carbohydrate Blend: Maltodextrin, Legume based starch derived from Pisum Sativum (peas) (as Carb10 patented), Dextrose, Cocoa.

Fat Blend: Coconut Oil Creamer, Avocado Oil Powder, Coconut Oil Powder and MCT Powder.

And they also use "Digestisorb" which is a trademarked enzyme blend from VMI Sports to improve digestion, decrease bloat and increase nutrient delivery.

I give it a 9/10 here. Excellent ingredients, not a 10/10 because I don't know the exact amount of each protein form.

TASTE/MIXABILITY/DOSING

TASTE: I requested other flavors but I guess they wanted us to try their 3 new flavors: Apple Pie Ala Mode, Chocolate Milkshake and Peanut Butter Cookie. I received the Chocolate Milkshake flavor. PERFECT 10/10. Impossible to improve. It tastes exactly as a Chocolate Milkshake should taste. With water it's delicious, with milk it's fantastic! They sent 1/4 sample (yea not a sample of 1 serving lol) of the other flavors they have. I had to use only 2oz of liquid for each 1/4 sample to try the flavor. My first impression is that they are all great.

MIXABILITY: No problems mixing the powder. However, a very small amount of powder constantly would be on the walls of the shaker. Nothing significant but had to mention it. Just remember, liquid first!

DOSING: I just wanted some extra calories so I only took 2 scoops daily. Once or twice I tried it with 3-4 scoops but usually I only did 2 scoops as my breakfast drink. A great and tasty way to start the day :D

EFFECTIVENESS

Being a lean mass gainer, I expected to increase a few pounds. But unfortunately, during my consumption, I got sick twice in a month! (not caused by this product). So instead of increasing the few pounds I wanted, I actually decreased a few pounds lol. That was because the days I was sick, I couldn't eat so much.

However, I noticed I didn't lose muscle significantly so that's something positive. This product was very effective giving me the 20 grams of Protein + my breakfast protein daily, also a little dose of 10g of Sugar (maybe would have liked a bit less grams here) to start the day with a few carbs and keeping me full longer until lunch time. The digestion was smooth, without problems so good job for the patented enzymes added. I didn't feel "heavy" after drinking this. All these effects combined with a very delicious taste.

VALUE

VMI's website has it for $59.99 but you're not expected to buy it from there so I won't even judge that price. Campus Protein has it for $39.99 ($35.99 if you have it delivered every X time. Suppz has it for $38.99, other retailers for $45.99 and $49.99. My Rating of "8" goes to any value that is not higher than $40. More than $40 reduces my Value score. You're getting high quality ingredients so obviously this product will be more expensive than lot of Weight Gainers out there.

SIDE EFFECTS

CONCLUSION

There are a lot of weight gainers out there but they are usually full of "stuff" you might not want and they don't taste so well by themselves. The biggest accomplishment by VMI Sports is that they made a Weight Gainer full of high quality ingredients, it doesn't have ingredients you might not want and they also made it have a very delicious taste by itself. This product also belongs to the subcategory of "Lean Mass Gainer" and not the overall category of "Weight Gainers". My only 2 critics would be the sugar amount (20g is high if you consume 4 scoops), I would prefer something like 15g sugar with 4 scoops and 7.5g sugar with 2 scoops. Not a big problem though. The other critic is that I don't know the exact amount of each protein form. Not a big deal either.

SUGGESTIONS FOR THE COMPANY

1. Change it to 7.5g sugar for 2 scoops and 15g sugar for 4 scoops.
2. Disclose the amount of each protein form.
3. Maybe think about having a bigger size container available.

*None of my suggestions are really that important but it would make the product even better than what it is already.

(SR paid for product; MuscleTech did not participate)
  June 21, 2018

Pros:
 Cons:
  • Great Value
  • Thermogenesis
  • Better Sensorial Effects
  • Good Formula
  • Good Mood
  • Weight Loss
  • Fat Loss
  • Apettite Control Could Be Better

QUICK SUMMARY

Went down from 205-210lbs to 189lbs. How? Then time to read...

QUICK SUMMARY

Went down from 205-210lbs to 189lbs. How? Then time to read...

INTRODUCTION

Thanks to SupplementReviews represented by user @Clipper83 for giving me the opportunity to try this full product: MuscleTech Hydroxycut Elite 100 caps. I've always been bulking, all my life. I had a plan of losing some weight and fat this year and Clipper convinced me to start my plan earlier by trying Hydroxycut Elite 100 capsules so I did. It was more of an experiment with myself considering I've never done it before. But as a general recommendation, if you pretend to lose weight and fat, a supplement by itself won't do that job for you. For you to do it successfully, you need to have the 4 elements: Diet, Exercise, Lifestyle, Supplements. Those 4 elements need to have the aim of losing weight and fat.

The weight/fat loss objective is a medium/long term PROCESS, you won't be losing too much weight/fat per week or month unless you're obese. Just like you didn't gain that weight/fat in a couple of days nor weeks, then that same way you're going to lose weight/fat. The important thing is to do your plan is a consistent, disciplined way. Details of what I did with each of the 4 elements I mentioned will be below.

INGREDIENT PROFILE

This product has 100 capsules. The dose of each ingredient will be based on 2 capsules.

- 270mg of Caffeine Anhydrous for energy, alertness, focus, mood, etc. For more info and benefits of Caffeine, you can read here: https://supplementreviews.com/ingredients/caffeine If you take a Stimulant Preworkout, then you will have problems taking the 270mg of Caffeine Anhydrous from Hydroxycut Elite so watch out. I was taking Redcon1 Total War while taking Hydroxycut Elite so the Caffeine and other stimulants were hitting me hard lol.

- 200mg of C. Canephora Robusta Extract (bean) (robusta coffee): This is Hydroxycut's main and key ingredient. Most of their products use this ingredient. So what is this? It's a non-stimulant green coffee bean. From Hydroxycut.com: "C. canephora robusta beans are premium coffee beans that have not yet been roasted and, as a result, have a high level of chlorogenic acid. Hydroxycut uses a robusta coffee extract that has been produced to supply a standardized dose with 45% chlorogenic acid."

MuscleTech constantly cites this extract from a study: "In one study, subjects taking the primary ingredient (C. Canephora Robusta) in Hydroxycut Hardcore Elite for 60 days lost, on average, 10.95lbs versus the placebo group, who lost an average of 5.40lbs. Both groups followed a low calorie diet. In a separate 8 week study, subjects using the same key ingredient lost an average of 3.7lbs versus subjects using a placebo, who lost an average of 1.25lbs. Both groups followed a calorie reduced diet and performed moderate exercise." Here's the link of the full study on the ingredient where MuscleTech takes out the extract from: https://16rl2t10lsf81yu9ul43w5vn-wpengine.netdna-ssl.com/wp-content/uploads/Dellalibera2006.pdf

Other 2 studies:
1. Decaffeinated green coffee bean extract attenuates diet-induced obesity and insulin resistance in mice: https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/24817902
2. Chlorogenic acid exhibits anti-obesity property and improves lipid metabolism in high-fat diet-induced-obese mice: https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/20064576

- 100mg of Coleus Extract (as Coleus Forskohlii) (root) standardized for Forskolin: Another good ingredient like the 2 above. Examine.com says it has several benefits like increase testosterone levels, protect against cancer and inflammation (thanks to Forskolin). It also states this: "Forskolin increases cellular levels of a molecule called cyclic adenosine monophosphate (cAMP). Elevated cAMP levels are associated with increased rates of fat loss, and can improve the effects of other fat burning compounds (Caffeine and Yohimbine for example)." They also suggest a 500mg dose daily with 10% Forskolin although they don't know what's the optimal dose. 100mg seems to be low but the Forskolin percent is unknown so I can't conclude if those 100mg are low or not. Even if it was only 100mg, consider that it's based on 2 capsules and also consider that this ingredient was most likely added to work well together with Caffeine and Yohimbine. I would suggest reading more about this ingredient here, as it has a lot of benefits and potential benefits: https://examine.com/supplements/coleus-forskohlii/

- 100mg L-Theanine: This ingredient isn't for weight/fat loss but it was added to keep the stimulants "under control" and work well with them as it helps with relaxation, anxiety, stress, etc. I would have maybe liked a slightly higher dose, not a big deal though.

- 100mg of Theobroma Cacao seed standardized for Theobromine. SR says: "Cocoa extract that exhibits a stimulant-like effect similar to caffeine, but much smoother and longer-lasting." Read more about Theobromine here: https://supplementreviews.com/ingredients/theobromine The thing is we don't know how much Theobromine this has, however, just like Theanine, this is supposed to work well together with the other ingredients.

- 56.3mg Yohimbe extract (as Pausinystalia Yohimbe) (bark) standardized for 6% yohimbine supplying Rauwolscine. I love this ingredient because of how effective it is. I think the studies are also solid. The thing is it's a bit "easy" for this ingredient to cause some unwanted side effects, that's why supplements have to be careful when adding it to their formulas. So Yohimbe is effective for fat burning, increasing libido, increases adrenaline levels and other benefits. For more info read here: https://examine.com/supplements/yohimbine/

So we got 4 ingredients for fat/weight loss directly and 2 other ingredients to help handle those 4 ingredients. Sounds good to me. 9/10

SIZE/DOSING

Size: Capsule size wasn't a problem, the caps are small-medium size and are easy to swallow. I received the 100 capsule bottle. I think they had a 200 capsule bottle before but I think it's discontinued.

Dosing: The product has like a table with "suggested usage or directions". They say Day 1 & 2: 1 cap daily, Day 3 & 4: 2 caps daily, Day 5 & 6: 2 caps with meal 1 and 1 cap with meal 2, Day 7 & beyond: 2 caps, twice daily. Considering I was also using a Stimulant Pre-Workout (Redcon1 Total War), then I decided to only use 2 capsules daily, 1 capsule inmediately after waking up (30-60 mins before breakfast) and 1 capsule 30-60 minutes before lunch. They were not my biggest meals but my biggest meal is usually dinner but I couldn't take 1 cap before dinner lol. I tried it like 2 or 3 times and had problems sleeping.

EFFECTIVENESS

Purpose: Some weight and fat loss (especially this).
Height: 5'11
Initial weight: Something between 205-210lbs. My scale was damaged but it wasn't more than that nor less than that.
Final weight: 189lbs (uploaded proof below).

So my plan was the following: Reduce my calories significantly (I don't track my calories but it was something between 500-1000 calories less than usual). I was only eating Breakfast, Lunch and Dinner, moderate portions, no Snacks between meals. Exercise consisted of Weightlifting first and Cardio at the end. Hydroxycut Elite inmediately after waking up and 30-60 minutes before lunch. I replaced sugary drinks (soda, juices, etc) with Aminoacids (Ronnie Coleman Amino-Tone), Protein and sometimes even Water (I hate eating food with water but sometimes it was ok). I kept my water intake high during the day for increased & improved metabolism, better digestion, etc. I also reduced my sugar intake drastically (no donuts, no cakes, no ice cream, no cookies, no candies, no sugary drinks, nothing with sugar). My sugar amount wasn't zero but it was low (something between 5-10g max) and I was happy with that. I also chewed food slower and drank liquid with every food intake. Drinking liquid WHILE eating slower will make you feel full faster.

The capsule inmediately after waking up helped a lot. I probably felt it the most because it was the first thing taken on empty stomach. It was only 1 capsule but the effects were like if I took 2. Thermogenic effect was felt, energy effect was felt, better mood was felt (liked this effect a lot). The second capsule (the one 30-60 minutes) before lunch (pre-workout meal) had me feeling the thermogenic effect and also I felt my body was using the food ingested to burn fat and lose weight. That being said, that effect sometimes made me hungry after my lunch (preworkout meal) but it was under control because I knew I couldn't eat much because my workout was already coming 2 hours later. Here, the water and aminoacids helped a lot to keep me full and concentrated on the objective of not eating a lot.

I was surprised with what it did with my abdominal fat. I think that by the end of Week 2, I could already notice a big decrease on abdominal fat. I could easily notice this effect because of my 'Waist Protection Belt' or 'Weightlifting belt' (whatever you want to call it). It was much easier to use and even with all my stomach out, the belt kept intact. These effects kept increasing each week so I was satisfied with my fat loss. I could also notice these effects with my pants and other clothes. I lost size on other muscles but I was already expecting that. I sometimes added a protein shake to my usual daily diet to try and maintain muscle, I think I did, of course not 100% but I would say something like 80% to 90%.

Considering I was only taking 2 capsules instead of the 4 capsules (max. daily dose), I have to say that I was very impressed with my results. I couldn't believe when my weight was 195lbs and even less when I went down to 189lbs at the end of using this product! If my initial weight was 205lbs, I was expecting maybe to go down to 195lbs and if it was 210lbs I was expecting to go down to 200lbs. But 189lbs, using only 2 capsules, only 1 bottle, with reduced calories is impressive. My cravings attack me after I eat Dinner during the night. I go to bed late so cravings start attacking while I'm watching tv and doing other things. I could control this with a Protein supplement. Dealing with cravings was most difficult during the first 2 weeks but it kept getting easier each time. My mood during the night was not so good hahaha, I was kind of angry I couldn't take my sugary stuff!

I'm giving it a 9 because the only effect I felt this product wasn't so strong was in apettite reduction/control. But I wasn't expecting this product to control my apettite. I feel Protein supplements control my apettite better than any fat/weight loss product. The strategies I used to control my apettite worked (read the whole first paragraph of Effectiveness). I feel that running this on the max daily dose and/or using 2 bottles (like I think they want you to use) would have given even better results (probably with the apettite control too). Very satisfied with this product!

VALUE

Hydroxycut Elite also shines here. You can find this product on prices between $14 - $34.99. This product is always on BOGO, key word: Always. So if you're intelligent, you will look for the $29.99 BOGO deal to buy 2 bottles, which would make each bottle cost $15. Getting a BOGO deal of $34.99 would make it $17.5 per bottle, still a great deal. If you buy 1 bottle for $29.99, it's still worth it based on effectiveness but considering this product is always on BOGO at a lot of places, then that's how you should buy it, not only because of the low excellent price but also because that will guarantee 2 bottles, which means 2-4 months using it! That would be ideal, remember it's a process.

Considering I have no complaints about the Value, then I'll give it a 10. It doesn't mean there's not another product with a better value, maybe yes. But there's no way I can think of that this product can be cheaper. Constant BOGO promos (3 years and counting), individual units are also very cheap, nothing to complain. It's also available everywhere.

SIDE EFFECTS

As a product alone, none. But if you also consume stimulant pre-workouts, the effects of the high caffeine might hit you hard with a crash post-workout or even during your workout, so watch your caffeine/stimulant intake. This effect is not directly from Hydroxycut Elite, it's more because of the high caffeine intake from both products. This happened to me a couple of times but my body then adapted to this circumstance of high caffeine/stimulant.

CONCLUSION

Every claim made by the product was met. Increased thermogenesis, faster and improved metabolism, great formula with good researched ingredients, better sensorial effects, more energy, weight and fat loss. What else do you want? You put all those effects in a weight/fat loss regime and you should get good results like me. Some people take weight/fat loss products and also want to build volume and build muscle, etc. Impossible? No. But it's not realistic in the sense that it requires a lot of effort, sacrifice, food timing, accurate food measures, very high protein intake, adequate carbohydrate amount and quality, and a long etc. Most people don't do that. Then they come here or somewhere else and say their weight/fat wasn't reduced so the product didn't work lol. Of course not, you kept your carbs and/or fat high to build muscle and increase volume. I prefer and can really do only one objective (weight/fat loss in this case), which is why I talked about muscle MAINTENANCE.

SUGGESTIONS FOR THE COMPANY

1. Considering you make a lot of products, I would suggest making another product (without discontinuing Hydroxycut Elite) that puts emphasis (high dose) on Coleus Extract. That ingredient seems to have a lot of potential.

Thanks to Redcon1 for sending it out!
  June 5, 2018

• No Crash
  • Endurance Boost
  • Solid Ingredient Profile

QUICK SUMMARY

Intense energy, high endurance, moderate focus, adequate strength, visible increased vascularity, bigger pump, different kind of flavor, solid ingredient profile although a bit confusing because there are apparently 2 different versions without DMHA out there, no bathroom trips.

INTRODUCTION

Thanks to Redcon1 for participating in the SR TROOP program and SupplementReviews for making the connection possible. I train from Monday to Friday, rest during weekends. During my time using Redcon1 Total War, I was training under a different perspective. I switched to a weight/fat loss objective which made me decide to just do 1 muscle per day + cardio. For example: Monday - Chest + Cardio / Tuesday - Shoulders, Traps + Cardio / Wednesday - Legs + Back / Thursday - Triceps + Cardio / Friday - Biceps + Cardio. So it was more about muscle preservation, gains preservation and training with enough intensity to lose fat/weight and not muscle. So the way I'll judge Total War will be a bit different from the way I judge other preworkouts.

But anyways, considering nobody cares about this, let's advance...

INGREDIENT PROFILE

6g of Citrulline DL-Malate 2:1: It's a combination between Citrulline and Malic Acid. Good job on the ratio (2:1) and good job on your source of Citrulline Malate because it only sent me to the bathroom once or twice and it was my fault because my pre-workout meal was too close to my workout. SR has a very brief description of this ingredient saying: "Combination of Citrulline and Malic Acid that increases Nitric Oxide production in the body and buffers lactic acid in the body resulting in greater vasodilation and endurance." For more benefits of Citrulline Malate and general information, read here: https://supplementreviews.com/ingredients/citrulline-malate

3.2g of Beta-Alanine for increased performance, strength, delay fatigue, train for longer time, etc. For more benefits and how it works, read here: https://supplementreviews.com/ingredients/beta-alanine 3.2g it's the full clinical dose used in studies so good job.

1g of Agmatine Sulfate to increase the levels of nitric oxide. 1g is a good dose. I usually respond well to this ingredient so I like its inclusion. For more information on Benefits and how it works, read here: https://supplementreviews.com/ingredients/agmatine-sulfate

1g Taurine: Improves blood flow which can help with Pumps and Nutrient Repartition. It also has benefits on Focus, helps to balance some of the side effects from Caffeine and other stimulants. For more benefits and how it works, read here: https://supplementreviews.com/ingredients/taurine 1g is a good dose, not the highest but it's now low nor underdosed.

250mg of Caffeine Anhydrous and 100mg of Di-Caffeine Malate for energy, alertness, focus, mood, etc. This is an excellent combination of quick energy + sustained release energy. I usually haven't liked Di-Caffeine Malate because I could not notice it working so much in other preworkouts. But I think it was because other preworkouts had more Caffeine Anhydrous so noticing the effects of Di-Caffeine Malate was more difficult. Atleast that's what I think for now because that's what Total War made me feel.

200mg of Eria Jarensis extract: It's a stimulant. Increases good mood, increases levels of dopamine and noradrenaline, increases focus, concentration, etc. More info here: https://massivejoes.com/articles/supplements-simplified/eria-jarensis-extract

100mg of Theobromine: "Cocoa extract that exhibits a stimulant-like effect similar to caffeine, but much smoother and longer-lasting." https://supplementreviews.com/ingredients/theobromine Good to see it here. They also added 50mg of "Theobroma Cacao extract (seed)".

25mg of Naringin. An interesting idea. I found this: "Naringin is most commonly used in the nutrition industry to increase uptake of supplements such as caffeine for added performance. It works by interfering with the activity of enzymes in the intestines and thus the breakdown of nutrients and supplements, which leads to higher levels of these compounds in the body." There's a lot more info if you want to read more about this ingredient here: http://empowerednutrition.com/supplement-database/naringin/ I would have liked atleast a 50mg dose.

10mg Bioperine: Increases the absorption of ingredients that are "glucuronidated". From Examine: "A process in the liver called glucuronidation, which attaches a molecule (glucuronide) to drugs to signal for their urinary excretion, is inhibited with piperine. This process prevents excessive levels of drugs and supplements in the body, but sometimes inhibits all uptake and renders some supplements useless. In the scenario of piperine ingestion, excretion of supplements is hindered and certain drugs and supplements can bypass this regulatory stage (as not all are subject to it)." Source: https://examine.com/supplements/black-pepper/

5mg Yohimbine HCL: From SupplementReviews: "Active metabolite of Yohimbe plant that stimulates lipolysis, suppresses appetite, and exerts stimulant-like effects on the body. Yohimbine is a constituent of yohimbe and is the main active component contained within yohimbe." More info on how it works, doses, other uses, etc, read here: https://supplementreviews.com/ingredients/yohimbine-hcl I'm a fan of preworkouts having Yohimbine HCL. I don't know if it's a coincidence but all preworkouts I've tried with this ingredient, have worked great for me and Total War wasn't an exception. The amount seems to be low but good enough to work together with the other stimulants. I'm fine with this dose.

Overall, a solid ingredient profile with some known effective ingredients and other interesting ingredients.

TASTE/MIXABILITY/DOSING

*I received Sour Gummy Bear. Not as tasty as gummy bears but it's alright, different from the typical fruit punch. They always say to drink it with 4-6oz of water but I think that suggestion is too low, I like strong flavors but 4-6oz will make the flavor too strong, so I used 8oz, sometimes 10, sometimes 12, depends on your taste preference. Ohh and no dyes, forgot to mention that, good job there.

*Mixability was great. No problems here. I don't know if you will have problems if you follow the 4-6oz of water though. Like previous versions, moisture will affect the powder so before using Total War, make sure it's closed and shake the bottle for 5-10 seconds to try and keep the powder's consistency. That moisture won't make the powder clump though.

*Dosing: 1 scoop 30 minutes before workout.

THE OBJECTIVE/CLAIMS

From the product: "When it's time to go to battle, you go hard with total war. Experience a workout with intensity you didn't think was possible. New found strength and energy is just minutes away. Lock-in and get ready to bring the noise."

EFFECTIVENESS

The Pump and Vascularity were excellent, better than my previous pre-workout. Vascularity was more visible, I did reduce my body fat though so maybe that helped more too. Pump was decent, to be honest, I wasn't expecting so much Pump because my carbs amount was reduced but it was better than what I expected. 9/10

Energy and Endurance were the best part of Total War. I always had more than enough Energy to finish my workouts. I was also able to easily do combined exercises. So you will be able to train with a high intensity, shorter rest times between sets, do more reps, etc.

Focus wasn't the best but I blame it more on me. It helped a lot on mood and confidence though.

I usually judge Strength too but my workouts this time were not based on Strength. Considering my calories were reduced, I didn't want to spend a lot of calories on Strength workouts, I was more interested in maintaining muscle. I did some strength workouts here and there and Total War passed the test.

So overall, the objective/claims posted above were met.

VALUE

This pre-workout without any promo, discount, special offer, etc will most likely be $39.99. The thing is Redcon1 always has some kind of promo, discount, special offer running so if you're planning to try Total War, check several websites before to get the best price possible. I think that based on the high effectiveness, it's worth it. You can even sometimes get it on BOGO. Right now, there are offers giving you Total War for $30 so the Value can be more than an 8.

SIDE EFFECTS

I was happy this didn't cause bathroom trips. Only happened once or twice but it was my fault, not the product's fault.

SUGGESTIONS FOR THE COMPANY

1. I would suggest changing the "4-6oz" amount of liquid suggested to "8-10"oz. Several flavors I've tried with only 4-6oz are too strong. (And I like strong flavors but it was too strong with 4-6oz)

9.5
    Thanks to NutraBio for sending it out!
      May 24, 2018

Pros:
     Cons:
    • Fully Disclosed Label
    • Nice Name
    • Lab Test
    • Replace Sugary Drinks
    • Preserves Muscle
    • Lasting Fullness
    • No Side Effects
    • Mixes Well
    • Clean Profile
    • Top Quality Protein
    • Wrong Amino Acid Profile

INTRODUCTION

Thanks to NutraBio for participating in the SR TROOP program and to SupplementReviews for making this connection possible. This is the first time that I'm trying to really lose weight and fat so having a Protein that could keep me feeling full for a longer time so I could handle the cravings and other temptations was ideal. One of my strategies was to reduce the amount of sugar drastically, that's why one of my expectations was to use this product to replace one of my usual sugary drinks.

About my title, if you watch Shaqtin A Fool and know about the problem wit...

INTRODUCTION

About my title, if you watch Shaqtin A Fool and know about the problem with Shaq and Javelle McGee, you will understand it ;)

TASTE/MIXABILITY/SIZE/TIMING

*TASTE: I received the Cookies & Cream flavor. I've tried this flavor before from a sample of Classic Whey they sent me a couple of months ago and it was perfect when I tried that sample. But some of us (I must not be the only one) get tired after some weeks (sometimes even after some days) of using a flavor. This wasn't the case with Classic Whey. The flavor was PERFECT. 10/10 It tastes EXACTLY as a Cookies & Cream ice cream. I usually used water and thought I was using milk! So if you like Cookies & Cream, get this flavor. I'm surprised as to how accurate the flavor is. They suggest to use 6oz of liquid, that's the perfect number for this flavor IMO, you can use more liquid if you want to fit your personal taste. I tried it with 8oz and 10oz. I tried this with regular milk too and felt it wasn't needed, with water it was simply perfect.

Other flavors available: Cake Batter, Chocolate Milkshake, Chocolate Peanut Butter, Creamy Vanilla, Horchata, Strawberry, Cold Brew Capuccino, Pia Colada, Pumpkin Spice, Lemon Meringue Pie and even Unflavored. Cake Batter sounds delicious *drools*

*MIXABILITY: This is a Whey Concentrate protein supplement only so I expected mixability to be a bit harder than with a Whey Blend. It wasn't different, it was very easy to mix, never gave me problems here. The liquid felt perfect.

*SIZE OF PRODUCT USED: 2lbs (26.6 servings). The other size available is 5lbs.

*TIMING: I took 1 scoop per day, sometimes as my breakfast drink, sometimes some hours before bed to control the cravings. This last moment is the most challenging because 2 hours after I eat dinner, that's the moment when the sugar cravings start to attack, those damn mental monsters!

INGREDIENT PROFILE

This will be long but I think it's very worth it so I suggest you read everything in this section. 1 scoop has: 130 Calories, 2g Total Fat (1g Saturated Fat), 70mg Cholesterol (24% DV), 3g Carbohydrate (2g Sugars) and 32.47 grams of Whey Protein Concentrate (Brute or Gross amount) which gives us 25 grams net of Whey Protein Concentrate (WPC80). If you're reading this and don't know what's Whey Protein Concentrate, read here: https://supplementreviews.com/ingredients/whey-protein-concentrate The Protein is also processed using Cross Flow Microfiltration (CFM) which is cold processed to preserve the protein molecules. This is also important to mention when we're talking about quality. The amount of Cholesterol is high but I think we shouldn't worry about it.

NutraBio is one of the few companies that tell you the total amount (brute or gross) and then the net amount. It's very important for companies to clarify this, unfortunately most companies don't do this. Most companies just tell you their product has 24 grams of Whey Protein Concentrate. They don't say if that amount is brute-gross or if it's net. If it's net, good. If it's the brute or gross amount, you could be consuming 19.2 grams of net (real) protein (can even be less) and not the 24 grams of protein they claim it has. I think this topic is more important than knowing how much grams of Protein there is in a Protein Blend or Whey Blend.

Congratulations for doing what I explained above and also congratulations for putting the Amino Acid Profile. The product claims not to be amino spiked and protein spiked. To help with that claim, it's important for companies to include the Amino Acid Profile. The Amino Acid Profile has the amount of each aminoacid that forms the Protein, in this case, Whey Protein Concentrate. Remember, reader, that in Biology we learned Protein is a group of aminoacids bonded together. From Wikipedia: "Proteins are large biomolecules, or macromolecules, consisting of one or more long chains of amino acid residues." So all Proteins have Aminoacids because they are made of aminoacids. Why am I mentioning this basic thing? Well, first because most people don't know this or they don't understand this completely, lot of people still ask me if X or Y protein product has BCAA, I've been in discussions between people arguing their product is better because their product has 4g BCAA and the one from the other person doesn't have BCAA, same thing with Glutamine and Arginine. Sometimes I interfere and try to explain (they pretend to understand at the end but they didn't) and sometimes I just let it be. All the main protein sources bodybuilders and people who exercise use (Whey, Casein, Egg, Chicken, Meat, etc) have BCAA, Glutamine, Arginine and all the other aminoacids because those protein sources are made from those aminoacids bonded together. The thing is lot of companies don't include the Amino Acid profile of their product.

Having said that, here is where the problem starts. I check the Amino Acid profile of NutraBio Classic Whey that is on the bottle and I check the amount of BCAA and Glutamine. We all do that. But then I see the amount of Cysteine and I see "0mg". I manually added the milligrams of each amino acid and it gave me the 25 grams of Protein. I check the 'independent' lab results online (www.checkmysupps.com), insert lot# and the result of the test was 25.19g, good 0.19mg more. I checked the printed independent lab test they sent me with the product (same as the online one). I also checked with other protein supplements to see if they have Cysteine and they do. But how is Cysteine 0mg!? I check Examine.com to read more about Cysteine and I see quotes like this: "Whey is the most cost-effective and efficient way to replenish Cysteine stores, but this can also be done with just more protein in general or N-AcetylCysteine (NAC) supplementation." Also this: "Whey also delivers a large amount of the amino acid L-Cysteine, which can alleviate deficiencies that occur during aging and diabetes, as well as other conditions." There's more but I think that's enough to describe how INHERENT L-Cysteine is to Whey Protein, just like BCAA and other aminoacids. So wtf was going on with this product!? That's where I decided to make a topic in the SR TROOP forum. Members there could not answer the L-Cysteine question but user @bctuthill (change that name, I need to copy paste it all the time lol) noticed another mistake saying they used 750g of natural flavors!? O.o User @royalapple showed us how impatient he is (lol) and contacted them about the 750g and they (NutraBio) said it was supposed to be "mg", not "g".

So back to the Cysteine, the only way it could be 0mg of Cysteine would be a "typo mistake" or that they manually removed the Cysteine or... Anyways, I contacted NutraBio about the "0mg" Cysteine problem. They answered me saying the "0mg" was a misprint on the label and should read 500mg of Cysteine. But it wasn't so simple as it wasn't just Cysteine, all the other numbers were wrong too, it's a misprint on the whole Amino Acid Profile, not only L-Cysteine (that's why the "or..."). I was very surprised to see NutraBio making this kind of mistakes.

Anyways, I uploaded the old incorrect Amino Acid Profile and the new correct Amino Acid Profile. But here is the text form:
    Left number = old incorrect
    Right number underlined = new correct

Tryptophan: 893mg | 525mg
    Aspartic Acid: 2687mg | 2700mg
    Serine: 1103mg | 1025mg
    Glycine: 433mg | 450mg
    Alanine: 1230mg | 1250mg

They answered very fast, take that into account. Of course, I have to add that NutraBio claims not to use Proprietary Blends, No Protein Spiking, Fillers, Excipients, inferior proteins, sweet whey, WPC34, Acid treated Whey, Maltodextrin, Dextrose, Artifical colors, flavors and Hidden Ingredients. Their facilities are GMP quality and inspected by FDA. They also provide the FDA Registration number. GMP means "Good Manifacturing Practice". From Wikipedia: These guidelines provide minimum requirements that a manufacturer must meet to assure that their products are consistently high in quality, from batch to batch, for their intended use.

More of my thoughts about this problem in the Conclusion section...

EXPECTATIONS

- Mainly to preserve muscle.
    - Also to keep me full longer than a Whey Blend (Isolate, Concentrate, Hydrolyzed) without using Protein Blends as I already have one.
    - Replace sugary drinks with this.

EFFECTIVENESS

So I'll judge it based on the expectations and also will include digestion. As for preserving muscle, this was very important because I reduced my calorie intake a lot and obviously our worst nightmare is to lose the muscles we have already gained. I think NutraBio Classic Whey did a good job here but of course, it wasn't the only Protein supplement I was taking. That being said, the 25 grams net of Classic Whey helped more than the 20g or 22g (net or brute??) from my other Protein Supplements. It may not seem like a lot of difference but if you take 2 scoops of Classic Whey that gives you 50g of Protein. If you take 2 scoops of the 20g protein, that gives you 40g, a 10g difference and that's ASSUMING the 20g are a net (real) amount... The difference could be more if those 20-22g of protein are not net (real). So of course I felt more confident taking NutraBio Classic Whey. I didn't lose muscle during my weight/fat loss experiment nor did I lose overall strength. Lost some strength on some lifts but it's probably related to my lower carbohydrate intake, not Protein.

To keep me full longer than a Whey Blend (Isolate, Concentrate, Hydrolyzed) without using Protein Blends, excellent job too. It kept me full for atleast 2 hours, that time was enough for me to stop the cravings and other food/sugar temptations. And it wasn't about the liquid like with other products because 6oz of water is not a lot to suggest you're getting full because of the liquid and not the product. That's why I was surprised in this area.

As to replace sugary drinks, good job too. People, myself included, usually want something sweet for breakfast, especially the breakfast drink. Can be orange juice, can be apple juice, can be chocolate milk, etc, it's usually sweet. Conscious or not, we want it to start the day in a "happy" "better" way. Don't know if those 2 words best describe what I'm trying to say but anyways, hope you understood my point. Classic Whey only has 2g of Sugars and it has a delicious taste. It was easy to replace those sugary drinks with this Protein, it also allowed me to eat less breakfast portion so it did 2 jobs in 1.

As for the digestion, because it's only a Whey Concentrate protein source and it has no Lactase to process Lactose, I thought this was going to be a problem but nope. When I drank it, I felt full and the digestion was like with any Whey Blend. I was also surprised here.

So I have no complaints here, that's why the 9.5, it met each of my expectations.

VALUE

NutraBio's website (www.nutrabio.com) has the 2lbs for $32.99 and 5lbs for $59.99, same with GNC, Bodybuilding only carries the 2lbs for the same price, Amazon prices are bipolar but right now they have the same. Illpumpyouup.com has it for $26.95 which is a great price but right now they only have 3 flavors available. Because of the quality, the added guarantees you get with NutraBio (lab tests, gmp, fda inspected facility, full disclosure, no hidden ingredients, etc) I think it's a good solid price. Not cheap but you get what you pay for.

SIDE EFFECTS

None. No gases, nothing.

CONCLUSION

As for the effectiveness and product itself, excellent, I don't have complaints.

As for the mistake with the Amino Acid profile, all companies commit mistakes. And even though the mistake doesn't seem to be something serious, grave, etc and it may not be significant for some people, I hope NutraBio considers this mistake as serious and significant just like I do. And it's significant because it wasn't a "typo mistake" where instead of 500mg, you put 0mg. That would be a non-significant mistake. It's significant because the whole Amino Acid Profile was wrong. Both Amino Acid Profiles gave the same result (25,000mg) so that may suggest you this mistake wasn't significant, you have the right to think that. But for me, it was SIGNIFICANT ON CREDIBILITY. NutraBio values credibility A LOT, one of the main reasons they have all those guarantees (lab tests, full disclosure, no hidden ingredients, etc) is credibility.

This mistake doesn't eliminate all their credibility but it reduces their credibility, not only NutraBio's but also all those certifications and institutions. The test shows the product has 25.19g of Protein. What if NutraBio or any other company didn't publish their Amino Acid Profile and did these tests? They could still amino spike or protein spike because it seems all the test is saying is that the product has X amount of Protein. It's still good to have those tests, you know how much real protein you're getting, which is good, but probably is not like a lot of people thought. Any company can easily amino spike their products and do these tests, they can even publish the complete amino acid profile (a false one) and nobody would check if what they're saying is true, not the FDA, not the GMP, not the company, not the consumers, nobody. This is the main reason of my "anger" here. When you tell me "I did independent lab results", I'm expecting that lab not only to certify the grams of protein but also to certify if that protein is constitued by what the company is saying (in other words, the Amino Acid Profile).

Why was this problem caused? Well, like I said, all companies commit mistakes because they are run by humans and humans make mistakes. But in this particular case, apart from that, this problem was caused by these 4 words: TAKING THINGS FOR GRANTED. NutraBio created a very correct, precise, complete process and usually when companies create something that runs perfectly, they get into the comfort zone and let the process run by itself. That's where the mistakes start to happen. When the owners and employees just work as a habit and they trust the process so much that they don't supervise, evaluate, check the process, then that's where the process starts failing. How many NutraBio athletes consumed this protein? How come none of them could see the 0mg Cysteine? See what I mean?

To conclude, we all make mistakes and we should not demonize NutraBio for it. I know my tone is maybe agressive but it's not my intention. My intention is for NutraBio not to think this is just a very superficial mistake, non-significant mistake because if they assume that posture, more mistakes will keep hapenning and maybe those future mistakes, will not be so easy to solve like this one. Always have someone in your company that can really verify all the great things you're doing for the industry. Your credibility has been reduced but you're still on top. Watching you go down for these mistakes would be sad because I know you're really trying hard to stay on top of all brands.

Reduced the Overall score to 8.5 because of the mistake.

Overall
    Thanks to VMI Sports for sending it out!
      May 5, 2018

Pros:
     Cons:
    • Harden Muscles
    • Lot Of Potential
    • Acacetin
    • Nice Colors
    • Body Definition
    • Sexual Benefits
    • High Libido
    • Can Lead To Muscle Gain
    • Astragalus Could Be Higher

CATEGORY

Estrogen/Aromatase Blocker

CLAIMS

"Arimidrol is the ultimate aromatase inhibiting, cortisol reducing agent available for lowering estrogen, increasing testosterone, and chiseling a dry, hard physique." That's what they call Hormonal Dominance. For more info on the claims, check the "MFR'S DESCRIPTION" of this product.

CATEGORY

Estrogen/Aromatase Blocker

INTRODUCTION

Thanks to VMI SPORTS for participating in the SR TROOP program and to SupplementReviews for making this connection between brand and consumer possible. People like me who decide to go the "natural" way and not take prohormones and anabolic steroids are always looking for that supplement that can increase our homornal levels but without negative side effects, according to the natural capacity of our bodies. VMI Arimidrol is one of those products.

INGREDIENT PROFILE

Only 2 ingredients: 250mg of Astragalus Membranaceus root (4:1 extract, equivalent to 1,000mg of whole herb) and Acacetin from Damiana (Turnera Diffusa). Astragalus is a chinese herb that is said to have a lot of benefits. Some have proof, others not. It supports the immune and cardiovascular systems, protects the kidneys, has anti-inflammatory effects, antioxidant role, etc. Considering the plenty of benefits it MIGHT give, I suggest reading more about it here: https://examine.com/supplements/astragalus-membranaceus/ I wasn't able to find anything related to Testosterone and Estrogen.

Acacetin is a part of the Damiana Leaf. Acacetin effectively inhibited the aromatase enzyme in studies (https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/18948180). Diamana Leaf is also a popular and historical aphrodisiac so expect an increase on libido and other sexual benefits.

The key ingredient here is Acacetin. They added Astragalus because of its adaptogen properties. I would have liked a higher dose. VMI's website has a FAQ section about the product so I would recommend checking it out: https://www.vmisports.com/products/arimidrol

CAPSULES/TIMING

Capsules were small-medium size and easy to swallow.
    Arimidrol tells us the suggested use is: "Take 2 capsules, 20-30 minutes prior to a meal or physical activity/weight training. Do not exceed 2 capsules in any 24 hour period." I usually took the 2 capsules 20-30 before weight training. I also tried it for like a week prior to a meal (Dinner).

EFFECTIVENESS

I thought this formula was going to fail. They discontinued VMI Arimistane and released VMI Arimidrol, so I thought this was going to be another case of a brand taking out a product to ruin everything. In terms of "body definition", it worked, muscles looked leaner, nothing extraordinary but you could see a small difference. Compared to Arimistane, I think Arimistane did a better job BUT I didn't try Arimistane alone so that could have influenced too.

I could also perceive an estrogen reduction because of my joints, they started to hurt so I suggest taking some kind of joint support supplement or increasing your Fish Oil intake for joint support benefits.

As for the libido, I wasn't expecting big results in this area, I requested Arimidrol more for its body definition benefits, muscle gain, etc. But libido surprised me a lot. When I took a formula that had a good dose of Arimistane, I was dissapointed with the Libido, maybe that's why I wasn't expecting big results with VMI Arimidrol. I guess not expecting much and getting great results feels better! Sexual desire increased, sometimes even during lifting. Erections felt harder and sexual related stuff were more intense... Libido was definitely the best part of this product, definitely the Acacetin from Damiana Leaf didn't dissapoint with its historical use as an aphrodisiac.

VALUE

VMI's website has it for $32.99, Amazon for $24.99, A1Supplements for $27.95, SupplementsGeeks for $25.99, BlackDiamondSupplements for $27.95, IllPumpYouUp for $24.95, LowCostVitamins.net for $29.99, Fitrx.com for $29.99, etc. These are all good prices. Excellent value and good effectiveness. What else do you want?

SIDE EFFECTS

Joint pain.

CONCLUSION

I took this alone, without a test booster. I would suggest combining VMI Arimidrol with a test booster for greater effects, it has a lot of potential. High libido levels, estrogen reduction, moderate body definition.

SUGGESTIONS FOR THE COMPANY

1. Considering this product doesn't have Arimistane, I would suggest changing the name to "Acadrol" or "Damiadrol", from Acacetin or Damiana.

Thanks to AZÖTH for sending it out!
      April 28, 2018

Pros:
     Cons:
    • Better Mental Clarity
    • Nice Name
    • No Stim Crash
    • Not Stim Heavy
    • More Positive Mood
    • No Prop Blends
    • Enhanced Cognition
    • Improved Focus
    • Price

CLAIMS

"AZOTH" is uniquely designed to increase focus, memory, motivation, and confidence to unparalleled levels without a crash or a tolerance build up. AZOTH keeps you going. All day. Every day." More claims on the company's website.

INTRODUCTION

Thanks to AZOTH for participating in the SR TROOP program and to SupplementReviews for making the connection possible. SupplementReviews has a good detailed description of what are Nootropics here: https://supplementreviews.com/categories/energy-supplements/nootropics Check the left.

What does Azoth mean? Wikipedi...

INTRODUCTION

What does Azoth mean? Wikipedia: "Azoth was considered to be a universal medication or universal solvent sought in alchemy. Azoth was believed to be the essential agent of transformation in alchemy."

Another interpretation of the word "Azoth": A refers to the latin letter "A", the greek "Alpha" and the hebrew "Alef". They are the same letter, which means "the same origin", the "same source" and also means "Unity". The 3 letters are the beginning of their respective alphabets, so they represent the "beginning of something". The letters Z, O and TH represent the latin Z, the greek "Omega" and the hebrew "Tav", they are the ending letters of each of the alphabets mentioned so they represent the "ending of something". They are different letters so they symbolize "diversity". So the word "Azoth" then means that the union or group of diverse things that exist in the Cosmos have the same origin, the same source; that everything begins, ends and begins again, which means everything is cyclic and that behind diversity, there's Unity. Source in spanish: https://elblogdewim.wordpress.com/2017/08/07/azoth/ I translated.

There are more interpretations but I think they are related to the 2 I mentioned.

INGREDIENT PROFILE

- 500mg of Ashwagandha Extract: Ashwagandha is an adaptogen, it helps to deal with stress, reduces cortisol, helps with anxiety, improves performance, helps to deal with depression, reduces perception of fatigue and plenty of other benefits. It's the minimum effective dose you want to see so it's alright.

- 500mg of L-Tyrosine: From NOW L-Tyrosine's product: "L-Tyrosine is an essential amino acid and a precursor of the neurotransmitters dopamine, norepinephrine to help maintain normal and health mental functions and support your mood or well-being. In addition L-Tyrosine may also support healthy adrenal, thyroid and pituitary function. One thing it also does is convert to the thyroid hormone thyroxin. This plays an important role in controlling metabolic rate, not to mention skin health, mental health, and growth rate!" It's the minimum effective dose you want to see so it's alright.

- 500mg of Phosphatidylserine: From SR: "Fat-soluble amino acid derivative found in the brain that can improve memory and cognitive function and reduce stress when supplemented." More info read here: https://supplementreviews.com/ingredients/phosphatidylserine SR says the clinical dose is 300mg and this has 300mg so excellent job!

- 400mg of Sulbutiamine: From SR:"Fat-soluble form of Vitamin B1 (thiamine) that combats fatigue, improves memory, preserves brain function, and exhibit stimulative and ergogenic properties." The studies use this dose so good job.

- 300mg of Alpha-GPC: From Examine: "is a cholinergic compound that is used for its cognitive-promoting properties, and to enhance power output in athletes. It appears to also support cellular membranes, and may aid in preventing cognitive decline." 300mg is an acceptable dose, it could be higher though but it doesn't fall into the underdosed category. For the cognitive decline prevention, a much higher dose is required (more than 1g). But no problem, I don't expect full clinical dose on all ingredients, what's the fun of that?

- 100mg of Theacrine (as Teacrine - patented form): I'm not a fan of this ingredient in Pre-Workout supplements because I think the doses included are too low and ridiculous. However, in this case, I agree with the dose used because this is a different category of supplement. From Examine: "There may be stress reducing properties with low doses of theacrine." It talks about other areas but it says they used TheaTrim. From Examine: "TheaTrim is a proprietary blend of theacrine (amount unspecified due to its proprietary nature), 150 mg caffeine, white willow bark, S-Adenosyl Methionine, Rauwolfia vomitoria extract, citrus bioflavonoid complex, and vitamin B12." So some of the studies in the focus area in which Theacrine is involved, use TheaTrim so the positive effects on Focus of the studies can't be attributed to Theacrine by itself. However, considering Theacrine is very similar to Caffeine, I still see a lot of potential of Theacrine in that area so good job including it. I think the dose is fine for Focus effects.

- 50mg of Hordenine HCL: This is a very interesting ingredient with potent benefits and lot of potential. From SR: "Hordenines most notable action is that of a noradrenaline reuptake inhibitor. Basically this means it delays the reabsorption of the neurotransmitter by the body. This in turn leads to a longer amount of time that noradrenaline is actively working in the body. But why would you want this? By inhibiting the reuptake of noradrenaline, the focus and energy effects you receive from the other ingredients in your pre workout will have a prolonged effect, meaning MORE focus, concentration, and energy as compared to a pre workout that doesnt contain hordenine." More info here: https://supplementreviews.com/ingredients/hordenine-hcl

- 10mg of Bioperine for increased absorption although I don't know if the studies of Bioperine have tested the ingredient with one or some of the other ingredients in this formula.

- 100mcg of Huperzine A: From Examine: "It is known as an acetylcholinesterase inhibitor, which means that it stops an enzyme from breaking down acetylcholine which results in increases in acetylcholine." Remember Alpha GPC above? Well, Huperzine A is going to work well with that ingredient, cool. Doses go from 50 to 200mcg, this has 100mcg so it's good.

Overall, a 9/10 profile. If this had N-Acetyl-L-Tyrosine (NALT), then I would make it a 10/10 profile. No need to change it though. Best thing is that it's Caffeine Free. The ingredients selected have a lot of positive studies backing up the beneficial effects. The doses of the ingredients are also adequate. Great job!

There's an ingredient profile at the company's website if you would like to see the purpose of adding the ingredient. Too bad I noticed that after writing mine :(

SIZE/SWALLOW/TIMING

Size: 45 capsules, 100% vegetarian capsules normal size.
    Swallow: Easy to swallow.
    Timing: They suggest to take 2-3 capsules with a light meal containing healthy fats and to not exceed this recommended dosage. I would suggest to obviously take this whenever you're going to do an activity that requires the benefits of the ingredients. I wouldn't take this to watch TV for example.. (you get the point).

EFFECTIVENESS

Sometimes I tried this with 2 capsules and other times I tried it with 3 capsules. I didn't use this everyday, I used this whenever I was going to do an activity that required focus, concentration, memory, confidence, etc. For example, I tried this before studying for tests, tried it during tests, also tried it once or twice before gaming, tried it pre-workout, tried it before reading and writing reviews here, tried it during a normal typical day to perceive its effects without having the necessity of doing an activity that requires it, etc, which is why I took long to finish this product.

Overall, the claims of increased focus, motivation, memory and confidence were all met. I was doing all those activities more concentrated, confident I could do it and better, I was able to finish what I would already start instead of doing multiple activites at the same time and not finishing any, I was happier while doing it (motivation-mood), I finally felt that little energy from Theacrine which was good. The product also helped while I was studying, gave a serving to my brother who was also studying and it helped him too. We arrived to the same conclusion of effectiveness being a 9.

When taken pre-workout, it didn't help Full Spectrum Rx so much, probably because of the abundant stimulants on Full Spectrum Rx so it was difficult to perceive any change... but when I tried it without Full Spectrum Rx, I could feel a significant positive difference so if your pre-workout is not so high on focus ingredients, you could add it to your preworkout. That being said, I wouldn't use it this way, I would prefer to use it in other life activities. I used Azoth 2.0 to write my Beast BCAA review and I wrote most of the review in like 1 hour (which is fast in my case).

VALUE

This product will be available to ship on May 15, 2018. The price right now is $39.95, only available on the company's website (www.seekingazoth.com). Unfortunately, this price is too high but I don't know if they really expect to have that price, maybe they just inflated that price because they have plans to put it in retailers and not compete with them. That being said, I have to judge it based on the $39.95. If this had 30 full servings, then it would sound more fair. But 15-22 servings for $39.95 is too much. $30 sounds more fair.

They give 4 reasons to justify the price that they admit seems expensive:
    1. "100% Made in the USA ( From start to finish - yes even our labels are printed here #'MERICA!!)"
    2. "Our product are the highest specifications possible - no 5% specs or .5% specs. You get what's on the label."
    3. "We don't hide behind prop blends. Every ingredient is dosed properly."
    4. "This Sh*T works."

Every ingredient is dosed properly but the servings are reduced. If it was 30 servings with the same doses, then we would have to divide all the doses by 2 and all of them would be underdosed ;) so all the "INGREDIENTS UP TO 5-10X OF COMPETITION" and other claims of having high doses are partially true, not completely true.

TL;DR

Too bad you already read everything right? hahaha! Great selection of ingredients. Excellent doses overall. High effectiveness but at a high price that doesn't seem to be justified correctly.

SUGGESTIONS FOR THE COMPANY

1. If you're not going to put this product in retailers, then consider decreasing the price to atleast $30. Remember this is in a category that people usually don't pretend to spend too much money. And it's not like if this product puts me in Zombie mode. It helps a lot yes but let's not exagerate.
    2. Consider increasing to 30 servings. That way $39.95 would be more fair to ask for because of the high effectiveness.
    3. Another option to consider is to increase the bottle to 60 capsules, that way the person can have 30 servings using 2 capsules (which was also effective, obviously less). That way, the person can have the effects for a full month.
    4. If you want to continue being stubborn and maintain the price, then consider increasing the Ashwagandha to 1.5g (or 1g of the patented form) and the L-Tyrosine to 2 grams or put N-Acetyl-L-Tyrosine instead and increasing the dose of Alpha GPC to 600mg. That would justify the price more. The 3 previous suggestions seem easier to do but this 4th option is a good solution too.
    5. Offer stacks. (2 or more products for X price).

Thanks to Destine Nutrition for sending it out!
      April 27, 2018

Pros:
     Cons:
    • Increased Vascularity
    • Stimulant Free
    • Nice Colors
    • Nice Name
    • Patented Form Of Glycerol
    • Great Pumps
    • Unknown Citrulline Malate Ratio
    • Small Boost On Endurance
    • Small Boost On Energy
    • Small Boost On Performance

QUICK SUMMARY

Read Conclusion. I wonder who was the lazy one putting this section here... *Looks at admin*

INTRODUCTION

Thanks to Destine Nutrition for participating in the SR TROOPS program with several of their products and to SupplementReviews for making the connection possible. While taking this product, I was doing Arms 3x per week so it was perfect to test the Pump/Vascularity of this product. I liked the ingredients when I saw the label so let's see how it worked...

This product has:
    - 4g of Citrulline DL-Malate: It's a combinatio...

This product has:
    - 4g of Citrulline DL-Malate: It's a combination between Citrulline and Malic Acid. I'm ok with this dose considering I don't usually use Stimulant Free Preworkouts by themselves, I usually combine a Stimulant Preworkout and a Stimulant Free Preworkout (the times I even use them). That being said, I think they had to include the ratio of Citrulline Malate they use... We don't know if it's a 2:1 ratio or 1:1 or even if it's more Malic Acid than Citrulline! Citrulline Malate is more for increased performance than for Pumps. SR has a very brief description of this ingredient saying: "Combination of Citrulline and Malic Acid that increases Nitric Oxide production in the body and buffers lactic acid in the body resulting in greater vasodilation and endurance." For more benefits of Citrulline Malate and general information, read here: https://supplementreviews.com/ingredients/citrulline-malate Btw, this is NOT pure L-Citrulline, I see some people confused saying it's 4g of Citrulline, no it's not.

- 2g of Creatine Monohydrate: Creatine gives you muscular energy, strength and it's also good to make your muscles feel fuller, which contributes to the Pump feeling. 2g is a low dose, I would have liked to see atleast the standard 5g dose. The minimum effective dose for strength based on my experience is 3g but considering that's not the main purpose of using Creatine in this formula, then I would have liked to see atleast a 5 gram dose so this is underdosed. Creatine has plenty of other benefits so if you don't know about Creatine or want to know more information, feel free to check the SR search bar or read other reviews of Creatine here: https://supplementreviews.com/categories/creatine or browse Google.

- 2g of Beta Alanine for increased performance, strength, delay fatigue, train for longer time, etc. For more benefits and how it works, read here: https://supplementreviews.com/ingredients/beta-alanine Not the full clinical dose of 3.2g but I've found 2g of Beta Alanine being effective in other formulas so it's not a bad dose. That being said, for the price you're asking, I expected the 3.2g dose, even more considering it's not the patented version of Beta Alanine.

- 2g of HydroMax (Glycerol Powder 65%). Not a frequent user of this ingredient but it has a lot of potential. From SupplementReviews: "Endurance athletes can benefit from glycerol supplementation in conjunction with increased water intake prior to an event. This causes something referred to as hyper hydration due to the fact that the athletes muscles will retain more water and thereby enhance their performance. Additionally, bodybuilders also have found benefits from incorporating glycerol supplements into their stacks. It drives water into the muscle cells thereby inducing a major pump. Whereas most traditional pump supplements operate off increasing Nitric Oxide (NO) production, glycerol fosters water-based pumps." For more information regarding this ingredient (benefits, definition, dose, etc) read here: https://supplementreviews.com/ingredients/hydromax The 2g dose is excellent and I like what I read about Hydromax. This ingredient should be used more, especially in Pump products, removing L-Citrulline because for the ones that combine Stimulant & Stimulant Free Preworkouts like me, excessive Citrulline will cause extra bathroom trips.

- 5mg of Bioperine for increased absorption of all these ingredients.

TASTE/MIXABILITY/DOSING

- TASTE: I received "Miami Vice". User @Brotein did an accurate brief description of the flavor: "Best way I could describe it was tropical fruits mixed with coconut." Something like that. Without water, it was very delicious, with water it had a good taste. 8/10.

- MIXABILITY: Could feel some of the powder, not a big deal but you will feel some grains.

- DOSING: Considering I was taking a Stimulant Pre-Workout that already has Citrulline, then I decided to take Per4mance Pump during my workout, specifically before starting my Arms workout. That way the Citrulline from the Preworkout could be used on Chest or Shoulders and the ingredients from Per4mance Pump could be used for Arms. So I took 1 scoop on 10-12oz of water and drank it all.

EFFECTIVENESS

Before starting, I would like to say that the effectiveness of this product was most probably also influenced by the ingredients of the Stimulant Pre-Workout, especially the 8g of Citrulline Malate, 1.5g of Agmatine Sulfate from LabTech Full Spectrum Rx. A lot of it was used on the first muscle (Chest or Shoulders) but of course some of it was also used by the body during my Arms session. That being said, I was also able to try Per4mance Pump alone for a week, that allowed me to feel the difference of effects.

This product is in the Pump subcategory of the Preworkout category. So regarding Pumps, I have to talk about muscles fullness and Vascularity. In this area, it surprised me a lot. I had some months without feeling the "pain" from Pumps. My 2 previous preworkouts gave me some percent of Pump but never got me to feel the pain so I was happy I got to feel it again. My body fat is moderately high so I don't expect to see that "X" vein that is always gone and that you only see it when your body fat is low. But my veins were more visible during the Arms session and also post-workout. I don't know if VMI Arimidrol also contributed with the Post-Workout vascularity or if it was because I took Per4mance Pump just before my Arms session so the ingredients were still working after my workout was done. IMO, both facts influenced that. I would put a 9/10 here.

But remember that 9/10 is also influenced by the ingredients from Full Spectrum Rx. I was able to try Per4mance Pump without Full Spectrum Rx for a week approximately and the results were also solid, a little bit less of effectiveness. I would give it an 7.5/10 or 8/10 if I'm generous which is ok for me.

That's all I should review? No. I read some complaints about judging the Energy and Endurance from this supplement. First of all, the name of the product is called "PER4MANCE". Why would they call it Performance and not judge Performance? Like I always say: "Not everything is about Pump and Vascularity. Increasing Nitric Oxide levels also provide benefits related to endurance and performance." If you read the benefits of Citrulline Malate, Creatine, Beta Alanine, Hydromax, you will see those ingredients have benefits regarding Energy, Performance, Endurance. In fact, Citrulline Malate is more specialized on performance than Pumps. Of course, in the energy Area, it's not the same Energy felt by Caffeine or other stimulants, it's more of a natural energy production. So based on everything I've said, of course I also have to judge the effectiveness of those areas so good job doing it SR user @BlakePullen.

THAT being said, the main focus on judgement should be Pump/Vascularity because it's the main purpose of this product so take that into account. @BlakePullen described the Energy area like this: "Very slight boost, about the equivalent to a cup of coffee. It was definitely lacking in this regard." Even though like I implied, you shouldn't compare both types of energies, that feeling was expected because the Citrulline:Malic Acid ratio is unknown, because the Creatine Monohydrate is underdosed and Beta Alanine is also a bit underdosed so it was expected it wasn't going to do a lot on these areas. 6.5/10 here.

VALUE

Only seems to be available at www.destinenutrition.com but the website has a couple of days that is apparently down, I don't know what is happening, maybe they already discontinued the brand?? Who knows... anyways, its price was $44.99. If money isn't a problem for you, then go ahead and try it, you will like it. But for cheap people like me, @Wis3guy, @kaka, etc, that price for me is too high and expensive. I would say a price of $30 would be more fair. If the doses of Creatine, Beta Alanine and even Citrulline increase to their full clinical dose, then a price of $40 would be more fair. That being said, I don't know if they really expect to have that price of $44.99, maybe the price is just elevated for not competing with physical and online retailers (in the future).

But considering I don't know that, then I have to judge it based on $44.99. Increased it to 6.8 because of Effectiveness.

SIDE EFFECTS

CONCLUSION

Per4mance Pump is an effective product for Pumps/Vascularity, so it would be a great complement for that stimulant pre-workout that needs an extra push on some of these ingredients. For example, a Cellucor C4 + Per4mance Pump would work great because C4 doesn't have too many ingredients for Pump but it has Creatine Nitrate. The Creatine from this and from C4 should work great together. The Beta Alanine dose would be higher than the full clinical dose, HydroMax would be able to shine like always and C4 doesn't have Citrulline either so it would be a nice addition. This was just an example of how you can combine 2 products (a normal average stimulant preworkout with a potent product for Pumps), that way you can have a great preworkout duo!

It still needs to increase doses of certain ingredients for it to be considered a Stimulant Free Preworkout so now I understand why this is in the Pump subcategory of Preworkouts. So the quick summary would be: For Pumps: Great, for other benefits: Small boost.

SUGGESTIONS FOR THE COMPANY

1. Increase the dose of Beta Alanine and Creatine.
    2. Disclose the ratio of Citrulline:Malic Acid you're using.
    3. If you want to keep this as a Pump product specialist, then keep the 4g but knowing the ratio of Citrulline Malate is important. If you want to sell this as a Stimulant Free Preworkout, consider increasing the Citrulline Malate, along with Suggestion #1. It's your decision but remember about the name of the product. "PER4MANCE PUMP". Great Pump but Performance could be better. I'm telling you how to make it better, it's your choice.

Thanks to Beast Sports Nutrition for sending it out!
      April 20, 2018

Pros:
     Cons:
    • Effective BCAA Dose
    • Gets The Job Done
    • Vitamin D
    • InstAminos
    • Tart Cherry Powder
    • Increased Strength
    • Improved Recovery
    • Hydration Support
    • Dissapointing Energy
    • Some Underdosed Ingredients

QUICK SUMMARY

Acceptable average BCAA supplement.

QUICK SUMMARY

Acceptable average BCAA supplement.

INTRODUCTION

Thanks to Beast Sports Nutrition for participating in the SR TROOPS program and to SupplementReviews for making this connection between brand and consumer possible. I lift weights 5 days per week from Monday to Friday and take aminoacids almost everyday to help with recovery, source of clean energy, endurance, prevent muscle loss, etc, depending on the moment of the day I consume them. I don't expect miracles from them but when you take them consistently, you notice positive results. Let's see how it worked...

INGREDIENT PROFILE

Fully disclosed profile so congratulations for that.

- 5 grams of Instantized BCAAs known as "InstAminos". It's a bonus they are instantized to help with the mixing. I don't know if that also means better absorption and availability but well it's still a bonus that they are instantized. 5 grams of BCAA is a good dose. Depending on the moment of the day you take them, they will give you lot of benefits like overall energy, clean energy, overall recovery, recovery between sets, recovery after workout, help with protein synthesis, delay fatigue and so many other benefits. Now some people demonize them but they will always be my love <3 hahaha. I guess people confused "helps to build muscle" or "supports muscle" with "builds muscle". BCAAs don't build muscles by themselves, they need other aminos to do that. It's like the tires of your car. They help the car move but they aren't the whole car by themselves. They are on a 2:1:1 ratio, I prefer ratios with higher Leucine but it's no big deal.

- Then we have 465mg of Glycine, 300mg of Alanine and 300mg of Taurine. Those 3 ingredients have performance, mental, etc benefits related to exercise but I have to agree with user @Cray here: "While I appreciate the inclusion of these essential amino acids, the doses not high enough to be considered effective, at least not on their own." Talking about their benefits would be useless because I don't think they will do much with those doses. I can live with that because this is just a simple BCAA supplement so no big deal.

- Then we have the other key ingredient here which is 240mg of Tart Cherry Powder (the 1st key ingredient being the BCAA). This is a new ingredient being used in some aminoacid supplements (from what I know) and it seems to have a good potential to reduce muscle soreness, maintain strength and prevent catabolism. User @Cray talked about a 1 gram of standard dosing daily although I couldn't find information about that. I found a study using 480mg of Tart Cherry Powder https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC4647629/ Beast BCAA uses half of that dose, which is not bad because the study is only for 10 days so that 240mg dose of Beast BCAA should give you some good results but after 2-3 weeks.

- It also has high doses of Vitamins D, B6, B12 and some amount of Sodium as electrolyte.

Overall, a basic ingredient profile with 2 main ingredients: BCAA and Tart Cherry Powder. I'll give it a 7/10 here because Glycine, Taurine and Alanine are underdosed. Tart Cherry Powder is a bit underdosed too but for the purpose of the product (being an average one), it's a good profile.

TASTE/MIXABILITY/DOSING

- TASTE: Tropical Breeze. User @Cray did a good description of the taste, like a "kid's tropical fruit punch" and "heavy on the pineapple flavoring". I like pineapples so I didn't have a problem with that. I'll give it a 7/10 here. It tastes artificial, a good artificial taste. I wouldn't say it was delicious and it wasn't bad. It was higher than average but it didn't reach the "delicious level". The other flavor available is "Beast Punch".

MIXABILITY: The grains of the powder could be felt like others before me have said. Not a big deal but not perfect.

DOSING: They suggest to "use 1 level scoop with 10fl oz of water 2 times daily. For optimal use, use 1 level scoop between meals, 30-45 minutes before workouts, during workouts and/or inmediately following workouts." You're not supposed to take this at all those moments of the day they mention, they are just giving you options of when to consume this product, you're the one in charge of choosing when to take it. I took 1 scoop per day, during my workouts. They also suggest to use it 2 times daily because you really feel the BCAA benefits when they are 10g... but that will depend on you and your daily intake with other supplements and food. I decided to use only 1 because it's only 30 servings.

EFFECTIVENESS

When I take an intra-workouts, I expect clean natural energy, different from the one given by stimulants. I also expect to recover some of the strength lost during my previous sets, some hydration help, some motivation to keep me going, etc. Beast BCAA did an average acceptable job. It did that acceptable job on strength, hydration and it gave me that "additional push" to help me finish my workout.

I was dissapointed with the energy area because I didn't feel the benefits in this area. I think the reason of that is more because of the preworkout I was taking. Full Spectrum Rx takes your levels to the maximum, especially your energy levels, so I couldn't perceive any benefits on additional energy. Another reason of why the energy area could have failed was because by the time I took Beast BCAA several times, my body was already running out of Carbohydrates. No Carbs, no party! Lot of my routines were 3 hours long because I do 3 muscles per day some days of the week. So if I took Beast BCAA 2 hours after starting my workout, my Carbohydrate levels were already low because of the workout but also because of the Pre-workout with a crazy amount of stimulants.

I also took this for 1 week with only Creatine and some other ingredients (no stimulants) and it did alright. But I was expecting an acceptable average job before beginning to take this product, I was just dissapointed with the energy. In all the other areas, it did alright. Nothing outstanding but a good job. You really can't expect this product to compete with the top aminoacids or intra-workout supplements out there. The formula is basic and the results were also basic, simple as that.

VALUE

Bodybuilding.com, Beast Sports website, Muscle and Strength, DPS Nutrition all have this for $24.99. VitaminShoppe had it at the same price but right now it's on $21.99. I'll be honest, I would pay something between $15-$17 maximum for this product. The maximum I would recommend someone to pay for this product would be $20, no more than that. My "6.5" score is based on the $24.99 price, not the $21.99 price because I have a feeling that price won't last for so long. But my score would be "7" on Value if the price was $21.99.

SIDE EFFECTS

CONCLUSION

Formula is basic and average but good. The typical 5 grams of BCAA, InstAminos and 240mg of Tart Cherry Powder to try and make it special. Some added vitamins and aminos. This product pretends to be an "adult" with this formula but the conclusion is that Beast BCAA is still a teenager ;) If you can find this product for less than $20 and you want to try it, go ahead. If you want to try the Tart Cherry Powder and see if it works for you and you can find it for the correct price, then go ahead.

SUGGESTIONS FOR THE COMPANY

- I'm not going to suggest the company to increase the dose of some ingredients because at the end of the day, most companies have their "average products" and "elite products". I would tell the company not to expect this product to be part of their "elite products". You need another product for that. From what I can see, you don't have another aminoacid supplement so I would suggest making an aminoacid that can belong to your elite products and keep this Beast BCAA but for the average product category.

- Another suggestion if you want to keep the price is to increase the dose of the 3 aminoacids that are underdosed (Glycine, Taurine, Alanine) to their full dose. That way the $24.99 will be more fair.

Thanks to Beast Sports Nutrition for sending it out!
      April 17, 2018

Pros:
     Cons:
    • Excellent Selection Of Ingredients
    • Boosts Immune System
    • Aids Overall Health
    • Aids In Joint Support
    • Good Ingredient Profile
    • Vitamin K
    • Capsule Form
    • Underdosed Ingredients
    • Needs More Magnesium
    • Need More Than 30 Servings For Proper Joint Health

INTRODUCTION

Thanks to Beast Sports Nutrition for participating in the SR TROOPS program and to SupplementReviews for making this connection possible. Some people think multivitamins are necessary, others say they aren't. But the necessities of a normal person living their daily life (work-home) are not the same necessities as someone who does any kind of physical exercise (weightlifting, cardio, crossfit, etc). Someone who lives a normal daily life without exercise might not need a multivitamin or maybe not take it as often as someone who does any kind of exercise. People who exercise put their bodies under a lot of stress, all kinds of stress, related to the exercise routine, weather conditions (if training outside for example), etc. Also, people who exercise will obviously use more Vitamins and Minerals than someone who doesn't exercise.

Another argument against multivitamin supplements is that you can get enough vitamins and minerals with the food you eat. Yes, it's true that you can get a good amount of vitamins and minerals with the food we eat. But how do I know I'm getting all of them? And how do I know how much amount I'm getting of each? Let's say I eat a balanced healthy diet, eating fruits, veggies, etc. But is that enough to get let's say Vitamin K (just an example)? Or is it enough to get Zinc? Magnesium?

Conclusion of my Introduction: At the end of the day, the easiest way to GUARANTEE I'm getting a good amount of all vitamins and minerals is through a Multivitamin supplement. Diets and the food we eat will always have certain vitamins and minerals we can't get enough. If we exercise, the necessity of taking a multivitamin supplement increases because we lose some of them through exercise. Some biological processes require some vitamins and minerals to be available to them at an exact time. So I don't see the harm of taking a multivitamin supplement. I think they are necessary. It's like an insurance. You can live without an insurance but someday you might need it and it will be very helpful.

Helps to support:
    - Mental Focus and Brain Support
    - Immune Support

PURPOSE OF INGREDIENTS

These are Beast Sports Nutrition words:
    Beast Super Foods Blend: Contains over 40 Vitamins, minerals, healthy greens and reds. Everything from Vitamins A, C, D, E, K to Iron, Magnesium and Zinc to Red Raspberry, Spinach and Cranberry. This synergistic blend supports overall well-being and body function.

Beast Probiotic Complex: Promotes Gut health and may aid in digestion and nutrient absorption. Gut health and proper digestion ensures you get the most from meals and supplements.

Beast Joint Complex: Contains key ingredients that studies have shown may contribute to joint health.

Beast Fish Oil + CLA Complex: The high purity fish oil and CLA blend is high in EPA and DHA. It promotes overall health, brain function, heart health, boosts your immune system and helps increase your metabolic rate.

Beast Cognitive Complex: This scientifically developed blend of Bacopa Monnieri, Ashwagandha, Ginkgo Biloba, Huperzine and L-Alpha Glyceryl Phosphoryl Choline promote optimal brain health and function.

Beast Heart Complex: Contains Coenzyme Q10, Garlic and Hawthorn Berry, shown to help overall heart health.

Vitamin A 5,000 IU 100%
    Manganese (as Manganese Citrate) 2 mg 100%
    Chromium (as Chromium Picolinate) 120 mcg 100%
    Molybdenum (as Sodium Molybdate) 75 mcg 100%

Beast Joint Complex Blend 1,400mg **
    Glucosamine Sulfate 2KCL, Methylsulfonylmethane (MSM), Boswellia serrata (65% Boswellic Acid) Gum Resin Extract, Turmeric (Curcuma longa) (Root) Powder

Beast Essential Fatty Acid Complex Blend 1000mg **
    Fish Oil containing EPA and DHA, Conjugated Linoleic Acid, Lipase

Beast Cognitive Complex Blend 611mg **
    Bacopa monnieri (Leaf), Ashwagandha withania somnifera (Root) Powder, Ginkgo biloba (Leaf) Extract, Huperzia serrata (Herb) Extract (Huperzine A 1%), L-Alpha Glycerylphosphoryl Choline

Beast Heart Complex Blend 530mg **
    Garlic (Allium sativum) (Bulb) Powder, Hawthorn (Crataegus oxycanthus) (Berry) Powder, Coenzyme Q10 (Ubiquinone)

Beast Super Foods Blend 212.5mg **
    Cayenne (Capsicum annuum) (Fruit) Powder, Carrot (Duacus carota) (Root) Powder, Alfalfa (Aerial Parts), Broccoli (Brassica oleracea) (Sprout) Powder, Chlorella (Chlorella vulgaris) (Whole Plant) Powder, Spinach (Spinacia oleracea) (Leaf) Powder, Beet (Beta vulgaris) (Root) Extract, Garlic (Allium M sativum) (Bulb) Powder, White Kidney (Phaseolus vulgaris) (Bean) Powder, Spirulina (Spirulina platensis) (Algae) Powder, Cabbage (Brassica oleracea) (Head), Barley Grass (Hordeum vulgare L.) Juice Powder, Apple Juice (Malus pumila) (Fruit) Powder, Strawberry (Fragaria vesca) (Fruit) Powder, Cranberry (Vaccinium macrocarpon) (Fruit) Powder, Cherry (Prunus avium) (Fruit) Extract, Mango (Mangifera indica) (Fruit) Powder, Raspberry Fruit Powder

Probiotic Complex Blend 112mg **
    Probiotic Blend (15 Billion CFU/g) (Lactobacillus rhamnosus, L. acidophilus, S. thermophilus, L. brevis, L. casei, B. longum, B. bifidum, L. salivarius, L. plantarum), Bacillus Coagulans (6 Billion CFU/g), Saccharomyces Boulardii (20 Billion CFU/g)

MY THOUGHTS: Overall, we have a very good selection and variety of ingredients. I like higher doses on Vitamin C but considering this comes in capsule form, then those 200mg should be enough, it wouldn't hurt to add a few more hundreds of milligrams to Vitamin C though. I like the inclusion of Vitamin K1, not many supplements have this Vitamin. Vitamin K helps with bones and cardiovascular health. I particularly like this benefit: "It reduces the calcification and stiffening of arteries, which reduces the risk of cardiovascular-related mortality." Magnesium has 100mg which is 25% of Daily Value. I would have liked something close to 100%. Some people might complain about the B Vitamins not being high like in other products but I'm satisfied with this amount because we also consume B vitamins from other products. Also, recently, excessive amounts of Vitamins B6 and B12 have been linked with a few diseases so these amounts are adequate, they are high but not extremely high.

As for the blends, most of them are obviously underdosed but the point is for them to work well together. I liked the inclusion of "Lipase" because according to SupplementReviews, Lipase is an: "Enzyme used by the body to break down fats in food so that they can be absorbed in the intestines and transported throughout the body." Unfortunately, I don't know if the dose is good enough to have that benefit. You can't expect a supplement to have a full dose on all ingredients and be $29.99 lol. BUT! I atleast expect them to be close to their full dose OR have atleast 1 ingredient of the blend at full dose and the others with an acceptable amount (half-full dose maybe?). But it's impossible to know the dose of each ingredient with these Proprietary Blends. From what I can see, none of the 2 scenarios posted (all close to full dose or 1 ingredient with full dose) is present on these Packs. Like I said, I liked the selection and variety of the ingredients added, that's why I'm going to give it a 7/10 here.

SIZE/FORM OF CAPS/DOSING

- SIZE of the product is 30 packs. Each pack has 8 capsules. Not small, not big, just average size. Easy to swallow.

- The form of caps is CAPSULES. Usually this type of products are in tablet form so this is a big advantage here when it comes to absorption/digestion. They also have drawings on the box showing which blends are in which capsules. Most were easy to identify physically, others not so easy. The beast joint complex and Beast Probiotic Complex capsules are very similar but it didn't matter to me as I took the 8 of them at once. (2 by 2)

- DOSING: I tried this product several ways. 2 weeks post-workout after Dinner, 1 week after Breakfast and a few days pre-workout. I decided to try them 2 weeks post-workout so all the ingredients could help me with overall recovery after lifting. Obviously, this is the hardest way of perceiving if it works or not as it is combined with plenty of other supplements/ingredients... but let's see how it worked.

EFFECTIVENESS

2 weeks Post-Workout: Toughest moment on paper to judge the effectiveness. Can't say if it really helped with my recovery. I can say it helped to digest the food I ate though. Dinner is usually my heaviest meal so that's why I can say it helped here. I'm happy with this benefit because Dinner is also usually my meal with the most amount of Protein, including the Protein consumed from Supplements so good job from the Probiotic Complex Blend and the other ingredients indirectly. If I was to use this product again, I would use it 1 week post-workout, 2 weeks after breakfast and 1 week Pre-workout to see if I could feel the effectiveness more. About the Joint Complex Blend, I was taking VMI Arimidrol which is supposed to lower estrogen. That has the side effect of causing joint pain. I think the Joint Complex Blend helped me control that side effect as the pain was lower than the one caused by Arimistane but it still feels underdosed unfortunately.

1 week after Breakfast: I thought this moment was going to be easier to judge but it wasn't. People usually expect some overall well-being feeling, some natural clean energy from the B vitamins, etc. But the thing is it's easy to get confused by Placebo here, you have to know how to distinguish between Placebo and overall well being. Unfortunately, I wasn't able to conclude if that feeling was overall well-being or Placebo. About the natural clean energy, I was a bit dissapointed too BUT I think it was more because my body was already too exhausted from the preworkout I was taking (Full Spectrum RX) the day before... I also think I needed more than 1 week to notice the effects on this moment of the day.

1 week Pre-Workout: I took 1 pack with my preworkout (Full Spectrum RX) but if you look at the ingredients that preworkout has, you will see that it was impossible for me to feel any effects of the pack on my workout. Full Spectrum RX has abundant stimulants and abundant ingredients so that's why I only tried it once. The other days I tried the packs pre-workout were during my 1 week off stimulants. I'm a fan of taking multivitamins pre-workout because I feel they work. When I first heard about it from my brother, I was skeptic but when he tells me something like that, I know I have to listen to him and try it so if you haven't tried it, I suggest you try any multivitamin supplement with your preworkout or your preworkout meal. So during that week off stimulants, the Packs, along with my BCAA and Creatine did an acceptable job. Some energy and help on endurance to keep going. Not the best but it got the job done.

Final Thoughts: Before taking Beast Packs, I had several months without taking a Multivitamin (since November 2017). I could feel the difference between taking a Multivitamin supplement and not taking one so that's positive. Obviously, some of the blends like the Heart Complex Blend, Super Foods Blend, etc are difficult to feel although I'm glad the Beast Packs had the Heart Complex Blend. With the crazy amount of stimulants from Full Spectrum RX, I was happy with the Heart Complex Blend hahaha! One surprising thing was that I never had crashes after my workouts from Full Spectrum Rx. I was expecting some because of the high amount of stimulants. Maybe the Beast Packs helped to prevent the crashes? Just speculation.

Final Thoughts #2: Yea yea, I have so much to say, sorry. Never got sick during the month of taking this. I got a bit sick 10 days AFTER FINISHING the Beast Packs but it only lasted 1 day after taking medicine once. It was my fault though, I picked 2 caps of VMI Arimidrol from the floor and that's how I got sick. I'm happy it only lasted 1 day, I'm almost sure the Beast Packs helped my immune system and that's why it only lasted a day. It usually takes a few days but it just took me 1. My immune system got stronger but not strong enough to prevent the disease? That's what I think. Oh and you will definitely feel the Cayenne powder all the time lol, seems to have a "high" dose which tells me more that Super Foods Blends is underdosed lol.

It was difficult for me to give it a score. I'm going to give a 7.3. I thought about giving it something between 6 and 8. The difference between both is a lot, at the end I concluded that 8 was too much and 6 was too low so a 7.3 seems fair enough.

VALUE

AllStarHealth.com has it for $28.99, IllPumpYouUp.com has it for $29.99, Bodybuilding.com & MuscleandStrength.com for $34.99, A1Supplements.com for $35.95, Beastsports.com (Beast website) for $38.99. The Beast Packs don't compete directly with your basic multivitamin, Beast Packs' competition are Universal Animal Pak, Cutler Pro Pack, ProSupps VitaLinx, etc. They have basically the same price, each one of them has like a specific emphasis, for example, Animal Pak has some aminoacids and some ingredients for liver protection, VitaLinx has ingredients for the joints, an enzyme blend and ingredients for weight management. I guess we can say the Beast Packs have a Probiotic Complex blend, Heart Complex blend, Fatty Acid blend and the Super Foods blend as their elements of making this "special". So it's the consumers choice...

My suggestion is to try them all and judge them yourself. So based on what I explained, I thought about giving it an 8.5 because I think it has more ingredients than their competition but the problem is that most of the ingredients are underdosed so I decided to lower it to 8. More dose of several ingredients would make this Pack the best of the best! For now, it's an interesting choice, just like the others. Beast Packs come in capsule form though, take that into account! Easier to swallow and easier to handle for your organism!

SIDE EFFECTS

CONCLUSION

The selection and variety of ingredients is better than a lot of other supplements including its direct competition but their low dose is stopping this product from becoming the best. I have to agree with what user "Gdolce42" said on his Conclusion: "(...)but you need more than one round of it for it to make a difference." The Beast Packs did a good job, more than acceptable, more than just a small boost but I didn't perceive the effects enough to give it an 8. I gave it an 8 Overall because the fact that this comes in capsule form, easy to swallow, gives it advantage compared to its competition. Also, the box has a lot of information on what the product pretends, it has pictures of the capsules and the purpose of each blend. It also has like another opening to the sides to get the Packs easily (see pic below). The packs are also easy to open. Sorry about the box not being intact xD.

SUGGESTIONS FOR THE COMPANY

1. I know it will be difficult for you to increase the dose of the blends BUT atleast increase the Magnesium and Vitamin C amount. I think you can do this without having to sacrifice the price. They also have benefits for bones/joints directly and indirectly so they can help the Joint Complex Blend on that too. This is my principal suggestion. #2 is also a suggestion but I know it probably won't happen lol.

2. Analyze more about the line I said in my review: "I atleast expect them (ingredients in Proprietary Blends) to be close to their full dose OR have atleast 1 ingredient of the blend at full dose and the others with an acceptable amount (half-full dose maybe?)" None of the ingredients in your Beast Blends fit that criteria. If you could modify the doses and make them fit 1 of the 2 scenarios (criteria) I said, then your product should shine. I don't mind Proprietary Blends but as long as it's not clear if the formula is underdosed and/or obviously if the product is effective. In your formulas, the Blends are clearly underdosed and don't fit any of my 2 scenarios posted above.

Thanks to LabTech Nutraceuticals for sending it out!
      April 11, 2018

Pros:
     Cons:
    • No Proprietary Blends
    • Claims Were Met
    • Increased Strength
    • #2 Preworkout
    • Lot Of Stimulants
    • Increased Performance
    • Non Stop Energy
    • Not Crazy About The Taste
    • AAKG

No, don't be lazy!

INTRODUCTION

I lift 5 times per week, from Monday to Friday. I'm currently doing an experiment with myself, doing Arms on Monday, Wednesday, Friday, with Monday being Chest-Bicep-Tricep, Wednesday being Shoulder-Bicep-Tricep and Friday being Chest-Back (2 back exercises)-Bicep-Tricep so you can imagine that my workouts those days have a long duration of 2.5-3 hours. I wouldn't be able to do this workout of high amount of sets and combinations without a strong preworkout. So Stimulant Preworkouts are very important for my progress.

----ING...

No, don't be lazy!

INGREDIENT PROFILE

Lot of users have said this is an "Insane Ingredient Profile" and yes it is! The list of ingredients is extremely long, fully disclosed. They added almost all B Vitamins (B1, B2, B3, B5, B6, B12) with the main purpose of converting food into energy. You can check other important benefits of them here: https://www.verywellfit.com/b-complex-vitamins-89411

Then we have the Pump/Endurance Matrix Blend, starting with:
    *8 grams of Citrulline Malate 2:1 ratio for Increased Pumps, Vascularity, Performance, etc. For more benefits and how it works, read here: https://supplementreviews.com/ingredients/citrulline-malate It's a very high amount, I usually recommend a bit less to avoid bathroom trips.

*3.5 grams of Beta-Alanine for increased performance, strength, delaying fatigue, train for longer time, etc. For more benefits and how it works, read here: https://supplementreviews.com/ingredients/beta-alanine Not the patented one but I don't care. 3.2 grams if the full clinical dose and this has 3.5 grams, excellent dose.

*2.25 grams of Taurine. Improves blood flow which can help with Pumps and Nutrient Repartition. It also has benefits on Focus, helps to balance some of the side effects from Caffeine and other stimulants. For more benefits and how it works, read here: https://supplementreviews.com/ingredients/taurine High dose and I think it's proportional to the high amount of stimulants in this Preworkouts.

*1.5 grams of Agmatine Sulfate to increase the levels of nitric oxide. For more information on Benefits and how it works, read here: https://supplementreviews.com/ingredients/agmatine-sulfate High dose too. The standard is 750mg, sometimes even 500mg so this has x2 or x3 that amount, great!

*1.25 grams of Arginine Alpha-Ketoglutarate (AAKG) for increased performance, maybe help with the Pumps/Vascularity and other benefits. For more info, read here: https://supplementreviews.com/ingredients/alpha-ketoglutarate It's an interesting ingredient but I haven't felt good results from this ingredient. From what I know, this is a low dose considering I've seen 3g to 6g doses in other products so they probably added this ingredient to help with the blood flow and to help the body with the energy production along with the other ingredients, don't expect too much from this.

*1 gram of Beet Root Extract. I don't know too much about this. I hate the taste of beets too, I hate most veggies anyways lol. I found this: "Beetroot contains 1-3 percent of nitrate per gram of raw material. Assuming a beetroot extract is standardized to contain 3 percent nitrate, a hefty 13g dose would be needed to deliver 400 mg of nitrate." Source: https://knowledge.ulprospector.com/7381/fbn-sports-nutrition-supplements-formulating-nitrate-salts-vs-beetroot/ Here's another explanation of Beet Root Extract and the Nitrate amount: https://www.kagedmuscle.com/blogs/nutrition/the-truth-about-beetroot-nitric-oxide So based on the information posted, I have to question why the hell is this ingredient here? LabTech's website says it's to improve blood flow and stamina... I don't think so, just remove it. In fact, remove the AAKG and Beet Root Extract and add a more effective ingredient like Arginine Nitrate or Nitrosigine (for example).

Damn, I wanted to put a little bit of information of every ingredient but I just spent like 1 hour on the ones above and I still have 18 ingredients left! hahaha. I think most of them were a great idea. I liked the idea of adding plenty of stimulants because that way, even with half scoop, you will feel the effects. I liked the inclusion of Synephrine HCL, the 350mg of Caffeine Anhydrous, 200mg of L-Theanine to balance all these crazy stimulants, 250mg of L-Dopa, 250mg of Acetyl-L-Tyrosine (would have liked a higher dose here), etc.

Overall I give it a 9/10, insane ingredient profile! Some of the stimulants don't have a high dose (not underdosed though) but they are expected to work together.

TASTE/MIXABILITY/TIMING

*TASTE: I received the Black Cherry Lemonade. The smell of the powder is amazing, the taste... not so good. It's not bad but it's not delicious. I guess it's acceptable.

*MIXABILITY: I thought it was going to give some problems mixing because of the high amount of ingredients but nope, it didn't. Perfect.

*DOSING & TIMING: Took 1 scoop 30 minutes before working out. My advice is to be 45 minutes before and make sure your last food was atleast 2 hours before taking this Preworkout. I tried this Preworkout with half-scoop some days and also full scoop.

CLAIMS & EFFECTIVENESS

First Claim: Extreme Pump and Vascularity. With this formula you can expect extreme Pumps and Vascularity but it didn't happen to me. I got benefits there but not extreme ones. I usually respond well to Agmatine Sulfate and with this high dose, I was expecting that "extreme" to come but it didn't. I'm going to give it a 7/10 in this area. You might get better results than me though, my body fat is moderately high (I assume), the formula for Pumps and Vascularity is great, I just don't know why it didn't work like I was expecting. I would suggest removing the AAKG and Beet Root Extract and adding another ingredient like for example Arginine Nitrate or Nitrosigine.

Edit: Forgot to say that the high amount of stimulants could have affected the Pump/Vascularity so that's another important detail to take into account.

Second Claim: Clean Non Stop Energy. Well, I don't know if clean. I know it has ingredients to give me clean energy (from Vitamin B, Citrulline Malate, etc) but due to the high amount of stimulants, then it's impossible to determine if it was clean. That being said, the energy was absolutely non stop. My 3 hour trainings were not a problem for this Preworkout. In fact, the lack of carbohydrates was more of a problem for me lol! Even with half scoop, the energy was always available for me to use. Half-Scoop is enough for an average workout. The energy not only comes from the Caffeine Anhydrous, also from thermogenic ingredients so whoever does Cardio after their workouts will be happy about this. I could easily diferentiate between the lack of energy because of the lack of carbs and between a lack of energy because of the preworkout. I never had lack of energy because of the preworkout. I have no complaints about Energy, I'll give it a 10/10. Energy with half scoop was 8.5/10.

Third Claim: Maximum Endurance. No complaints here either. I could easily do combinations of exercise (1 Bicep, 1 Tricep) and even 1 Bicep, 1 Tricep, 1 Bicep, 1 Tricep, I loved it or make 2 or 3 chest or shoulder exercises. I could train for a longer time, sometimes more than 3 hours if I wanted to! But... the problem was the carbs lol, remember that after a 3 hour training, I would have 5 hours without any food so it was expected. Burning sensation was delayed. So more reps, more sets, more weight, more exercises = Win. 10/10 here. Endurance with half scoop was also 8.5/10

Fourth Claim: Razor Sharp Focus. Focus was very decent, I kept thinking about the next exercise, the next challenge, the next set, about new moves, etc. But what really surprised me here was the confidence and mood Full Spectrum RX gave me. I knew I could do anything I wanted to do. If I wanted to beat my 1RM, done! If I wanted to add 1 or 2 more reps to an exercise, done! If I wanted to add more sets, done! Sometimes I felt invincible, It was me and the weights, nobody else. Ok ok you can laugh but I'm describing what I felt lol, don't hurt my feelings :( 9/10

So those are the 4 major claims of the product. Strength related, I felt increased strength but it wasn't like a muscular strength you get from Creatine. It was more of a strength coming from all that intense energy received from the stimulants and other ingredients and not coming from muscles. It's not easy to know this information but once you "find" it, you will see the difference. They suggest you can stack it with LabTech Micronized Creatine but I don't think it's necessary. 9/10 for Strength.

VALUE

Steelehousenutrition.com has it for $59.99, Shoptotalnutrition.com has it for $54.99, if you buy 2 you get them for $50 each, the same for LabTech's website www.labtechnutraceuticals.com. The brand has a "temporary" 18% OFF coupon which brings the price down to $45.1. That's a GREAT price for this preworkout (close to a 9). But I'll judge it based on the regular price which is $54.99. It's expensive but considering the high effectiveness, the high amount of ingredients with high doses, considering this preworkout is also effective with only half-scoop and also with 3/4 scoop, then the Value increases a lot. This lasted me 2 entire months and that's also considering I gave like 3-4 servings to my friends so they could try it and give me their thoughts. This preworkout can last you 3 months if you lift like 4 times a week, using half scoop or 3/4 scoop 1 or 2 days. The investment is worth it.

SIDE EFFECTS

Bathroom Trips, sometimes 2 in a row :( Happened with like 15 servings. Surprisingly, no crashing for me.

CONCLUSION

So the only thing that kind of dissapointed me was the Pump/Vascularity. It worked but like a 7/10, based on the ingredients I was expecting a little more but you can have better results than me. I was very satisfied with all the other areas. This is a very complete preworkout, the name "Full Spectrum" is well said. Most of the claims were met. Expensive but worth it. Value is good because you can easily use half scoop or 3/4 scoop and still get good results. If they decide to remove the AAKG and Beet Root Extract like I suggested and replace it with Arginine Nitrate or Nitrosigine, this is going to be a nuclear bomb!

I slightly reduced the score because of the bathroom trips. It became the #2 top preworkout of my list, with NutraBio PRE Extreme keeping the #1 spot. The main difference was the Pump/Vascularity section. The PRE Extreme uses 6g Citrulline Malate, 1g Agmatine Sulfate, 750mg of Nitrosigine, Creatine Monohydrate & HCL and ClusterDextrin. Full Spectrum RX uses 8g Citrulline Malate, 1.5g Agmatine Sulfate, 2.25g Taurine... as you can see, Full Spectrum RX is missing atleast 1 top ingredient to compete with PRE Extreme's ingredients for Pump/Vascularity. The difference can either be the Nitrosigine, the Creatines and/or the ClusterDextrin. Interesting comparison... Take into account that my body fat when taking PRE Extreme was lower than with Full Spectrum so that's also important on this debate (yea I debate with myself). Edit: Forgot to say that the high amount of stimulants could have also affected the Pump/Vascularity so that's another important detail to take into account.

So for all the reasons explained, I suggest the following:

SUGGESTIONS FOR THE COMPANY

1. Remove the AAKG and Beet Root Extract (useless based on info posted) and replace it with Arginine Nitrate OR Nitrosigine. Those 2 ingredients never dissapoint. You don't need to add both, just 1 of the 2 would be enough IMO.
    2. Try to create a flavor with a delicious taste. I know it's very difficult to do it because of the high list of ingredients... but nothing is impossible ;)