MarsheS

TROPHY CASE

Reviews by MarsheS

January 5, 2018

Pros:
 Cons:
  • Comprehensive Profile
  • Great Profile
  • Reduced Inflammation
  • Definite Increase In Joint Health
  • Increased Flexibility
  • Easy To Swallow
  • Vitamin C Didnt Work
  • Might Benefit More Running It Longer.
  • Not As Effective For All Ingredient Included
  • Underdosed Kollagen II-xs

INTRODUCTION

Thanks to NutraBio for always participating in the SR TROOP program and trusting our judgement. Thanks to SupplementReviews for making this connection possible. I lift weights 5 days a week, from Monday to Friday, I rest during the weekend. I usually lift heavy like 4 days and when I don't lift heavy, my workout load is still "heavy". My workouts usually last more than 2 hours (including warm ups), sometimes 3 muscles per day. Therefore, my body is under a lot of physical stress during the week. So every 2 months (should be all the time) I try to take a supplement for my joints because I get the typical joint problems associated with heavy lifting like every 2-3 months.

The main reason I decided to claim NutraBio Extreme Joint Care was because I have an injury on my wrist since January 2017 and it hasn't gone away since then. 1 year will already pass since I got that injury. It was my fault though, I didn't warm up and went heavy straight away because I was running out of time. I haven't gone to the doctor and get to know what it is. In February 2017, I took a 2 week rest approx and flooded my body with joint supplements to see if it got better. It got better but I made the stupid decision of starting to lift again and bam, the pain came back. I'm still lifting heavy even with that injury, I guess my body got used to it. Generally it's not painful while I lift but I still know that's stopping me from making a better progress. Recently (before taking this product), I suffered a shoulder injury doing flat bench press and it hasn't gone away either. Why am I so stupid? Well.... YOLO!! hahaha

Let's see if it cured my injuries and if it helped with my joints...

INGREDIENT PROFILE

First we start with Vitamin C. Wait... Vitamin C!? For what!? Examine.com tells us it's required for proper collagen (joint) synthesis rates. It has 120mg, that's 200% of DV, that's good enough. Vitamin C also interacts well with the other ingredients.

I was going to put some info about the other ingredients but NutraBio did it for us: http://www.nutrabio.com/product/52336/ In that link, they explain every ingredient they put in here so that's better than anything we can put in here.

The formula is great. Effective ingredients with good doses BUT! (it's strange a NutraBio product has a but) like user @eddiev2 said in his review, the amount of Kollagen II-xs is dissapointing. The website of the company that makes the patented ingredient says: "The study results showed that KollaGen II-xs when taken at a dosage of 375mg - 500mg twice per day appears to benefit joint inflammation, secondary mobility and other tertiary effects. KollaGen II-xs taken at a dosage of 1500 mg - 2500 mg daily significantly reduced pain and inflammatory response. The study also showed a normalizing of saliva pH levels which is often indicative of a reduction in inflammation."

Extreme Joint Care has 200mg per serving so it's underdosed. I'm very surprised to see NutraBio using an underdosed ingredient, they usually put high doses to their supplements. Talking about high doses, the 10mg of Manganese is 500% of the Daily Value. I'm not sure if adding such a high dose is necessary, I think 5mg would be enough. So IMO, NutraBio should add more Kollagen II-xs and reduce the Manganese. I don't expect clinical dose from all ingredients, that's not my style but 200mg probably won't do much. But overall, nice selection of ingredients with good doses.

TASTE/SWALLOWING/DOSING

No taste or nothing to write about.
SWALLOWING: Capsules were easy to swallow.
DOSING: The product tells us to take 4 capsules per day with meals. It also tells us they can be taken all at once or in 2 divided doses with morning and evening meals. I tried it both ways and I felt (could be just placebo) it worked better in 2 divided doses than the 4 of them at once. Nothing so significant though.

BUT now that I'm reading old reviews of this product here, I read some users talking about how it should be taken on an empty stomach instead of taking it with meals. That's because Collagen is recommended to be taken on an empty stomach so the amino acids from our meals don't get to interfere with collagen absorption and digestion. Unfortunately, I read those reviews late, I think here's the key of why the extreme formula didn't work in an "extreme way". If I buy this product again, I'm going to take it on an empty stomach to see how it affects the results.

BUT (yea, another one) the problem is that ingredients like Glucosamine are recommended to be taken with meals... so there's a conflict here lol. Science will have to solve this problem. My suggestion is to take 2 caps on empty stomach and 2 caps with a meal.

EFFECTIVENESS

When I first claimed this product, my joints were aching so I was going to put this product in a tough test. But the first order was cancelled so I had to take another joint supplement. So when I finally got to take NutraBio Extreme Joint Care, my joints were under control. It cured my injuries? Unfortunately not but those are not really bad news because none of the joint supplements I've taken have cured my injuries, I was just wishing it because of the formula. Extreme Joint Care worked alright for my joints, the elbow joints which are the ones that first get hurt after all the damage caused by weight lifting were not hurting me at all. The previous joint supplement reduced the pain and Extreme Joint Care finished the job completely.

So during the month I took this, I only kept having problems with my right knee while doing squats. Some days I increased the dose to 8 caps but don't do it, it won't help you more. Another dissapointing thing was that I got sick while taking this. I'm not taking multivitamin so I was expecting Vitamin C to protect me from diseases... it failed doing that. I think it was obvious a couple of ingredients were not being digested and/or used by my body correctly. I still think this is a good and effective supplement to have. The ingredients cover all aspects related to joint problems, the problem was that I think they were not used the best way by my body.

VALUE

NutraBio's website has it for $34.99, Suppz.com, Illpumpyouup.com, Amazon all have it for $26.99. I think Bodybuilding.com had it for the same price but right now the page that goes to the product is down, I don't know why. Anyways, $26.99 for this formula is a great price. I only put 8 because of Effectiveness but if it was more effective, Value would have been close to 9.

SIDE EFFECTS

CONCLUSION

Extreme formula full of patented ingredients that have studies backing them up but based on that, I was expecting a bit more from this product. A product with only Glucosamine, Chondroitin and MSM worked the same as this (atleast that was my perception) although it's difficult to know when Collagen is involved because Collagen's job (the one directly linked with joints) is more internal and it's difficult to perceive when it's mixed with Glucosamine, MSM, etc. It has a great price and it will be interesting to try this as I suggested: 2 caps with empty stomach and 2 caps with a meal... or the 4 of them on empty stomach, to see if it can increase Effectiveness. Also, maybe Effectiveness will increase if you use it for 2 months instead of only 1.

SUGGESTIONS FOR THE COMPANY

1. Don't increase the price ;)
2. Investigate more about the Dosing issue if it's better on empty stomach or with a meal.
3. Decrease Manganese and Increase Kollagen II-xs

December 13, 2017

Pros:
 Cons:
  • High Quality
  • Clean Energy
  • Less Fatigue
  • Improved Hydration
  • Nice Name
  • Improved Endurance
  • Perfect Powder Conservation
  • No Dyes
  • True Label Disclosure
  • No Bloat

INTRODUCTION

Thank you to NutraBio for allowing me to review "NutraBio Super Carb" and SupplementReviews for making the connection between brand and consumer possible. This was my first time taking a supplement with only Carbohydrates although not my first time taking a supplement with carbohydrates included (sounds strange? read it again, i'm too lazy to rephrase that sentence lol). The supplement with carbohydrates included was another NutraBio product called "NutraBio PRE Extreme". For now, that is my favorite preworkout and one of the reasons of that success was the Highly Branched Cyclic Dextrin (patented ClusterDextrin) that they included. (You can read my review of that product here: https://supplementreviews.com/nutrabio/pre-extreme/review/top-57-222-not-inside-top-10-crazy-coming-rescue-53741#toprev ). Hey if I don't promote my own review, who's going to do it!? lol.

My workouts are usually +2 hours and when I work 3 muscles that specific day it can last 3 hours (counting warm ups), so I'm always looking for great elite preworkouts. But it's not all about pre-workouts. How about intra-workouts? Can a carbohydrate help me with that? I don't always use intra-workout supplements because I like to force my preworkout to do all the job, that's why I'm paying for it! But when I saw NutraBio Super Carb available and considering I had great results with the same carbohydrate included in PRE Extreme, then I said to myself, hey you should try that carb as pre-workout, intra-workout or post-workout. (I talk a lot to myself - very active conscience, sometimes I hate it).

I lift 5 days per week, from Monday to Friday, I rest on the weekend, so I need a faster recovery, faster source of energy than other people that have rest days during the week. Let's see how it worked...

INGREDIENT PROFILE

This has 25 grams of ClusterDextrin and 3 electrolytes (2 of them are patented). I'm no expert on carbohydrates, I know our body's first source of energy are carbohydrates, in the form of glycogen. So when we exercise, our body uses glycogen first and as the main source to give us energy. As time passes, the amount of glycogen decreases and therefore, our performance also decreases. And this is where the ClusterDextrin can shine. Other users have already explained with technical words what is ClusterDextrin and how it works in the body so I can't add anything new about it. NutraBio added some info about ClusterDextrin, check the MFR'S DESCRIPTION of NutraBio Super Carb (https://supplementreviews.com/nutrabio/super-carb ) If you're still not so clear about the ingredient, I suggest you go to their website and read a more complete info about it: http://www.nutrabio.com/mm5/merchant.mvc?Store_Code=NOS&Screen=PROD&Product_Code=SCARB30

Good dose of ClusterDextrin. And then the electrolytes. After trying Micronamin Reload, I began to give its value to electrolytes. Electrolytes help to rehydrate the body after losing certain minerals and water, especially during exercise. Overall, I think it's a good dose of electrolytes and they are patented.

TASTE/MIXABILITY/DOSING

*TASTE: When I was going to claim this product, I was between saying "Orange Mango" or "Pineapple". I love Mangos and I love Pineapples, I like oranges. Considering I tried NutraBio's "Orange Mango" when I took "NutraBio Reload Recovery Matrix", then I decided to say my flavor preference was Pineapple and I received Pineapple. I took a great decision! :D It couldn't be better. The first time I drank it, I thought the flavor could be stronger but after that first drink, I began to love the taste. The taste is perfect, don't touch it, it tastes like a real pineapple, not an artificial flavor (although they use them). The taste is not so light but not so strong either, it's perfectly balanced. Gave like 2-3 servings to some people and they also loved the flavor. Simply AMAZING. I usually used 10oz of water to feel the taste stronger. I'm missing that flavor so much right now :( 10/10!

*MIXABILITY and POWDER'S CONSERVATION: Mixability was overall excellent, only had problems mixing it like 1 or 2 times and it was because I used 8-10oz of water instead of the recommended 12-16oz because I wanted a stronger taste. If you use 8-10oz like I did, then you will need to shake it more. This is not hydrolyzed whey, shake it and stop complaining! You need to shake this for 30-60 seconds and remember, LIQUID FIRST! You put the liquid first and then the powder, not viceversa. Powder's conservation was great. The claims that ClusterDextrin resists humidity (I read it somewhere can't remember where right now) are true, not a single sign of humidity, so good job.

DOSING: They gave us new reviewers the 30 servings container, apparently it's a new version because they only had the 60 servings available before, which is the one old reviewers received (I'll talk more about this in the Effectiveness section). So considering it only had 30 servings, I had to take it only once per day. I tried this several ways: Preworkout, Intra-Workout, Post-Workout and during the day. Let's see which moment was the most effective for me...

EFFECTIVENESS

Before beginning, I would like to talk a little more about the 30 servings vs 60 servings. First, I'm not complaining, I'm happy that I got to try this product but I think it's important to mention that someone taking 30 servings isn't the same as someone taking 60 servings, especially in a Carbohydrate supplement. Of course I would have preferred the 60 serving version, I won't be a hypocrite but that's not my point. The point is the following: If you read NutraBio's website, they say things like this: "Ingest 1-1.5 grams of carbohydrate per kilogram of body weight during the first 30 minutes after endurance exercise and every 2 hours for at least 4-6 hours after that." Also this: "An endurance athlete should strive to ingest 30-60 grams (1 to 2 scoops of SuperCarb) of carbohydrate per hour of endurance performance to maintain blood glucose levels. Strength-trained individuals may also benefit from this amount if exercise goes beyond 60 minutes and is high intensity."" Also this: "If carbohydrate is to be consumed immediately before exercise (<5 minutes), 50 grams (less for women) can enhance performance without overloading the stomach at the onset of exercise. Two scoops of NutraBio SuperCarb would cover this amount." Also this: "Ingest 50-75 grams of carbohydrate 30-60 minutes before exercise. Two scoops of NutraBio SuperCarb would cover this amount." and so on...

If you read it, you will see it recommends 2 scoops to really feel the effects they want you to feel. But anyways, before beginning with effectiveness, my expectations were that the perfect moment this product was going to shine was pre-workout, then post-workout and at last intra-workout. Let's see how it ended:

INTRA-WORKOUT: Remember my expectation of this being the last option to consider when taking this product? Well I was wrong! Everytime I took this intra-workout, it worked great! I have to say that the Effectiveness with only 1 scoop of this product, during my workout, worked to something close to 10! 1 scoop of Super Carb provided 45-60 minutes of additional energy to finish my workouts with a good amount of strength, endurance, less fatigue, more hydration, etc. And no, it wasn't my preworkout giving me those effects. Infact, almost all the days I took this intra-workout, I was feeling like crap first but when I took Super Carb intra-workout, it revived me! I still don't know why I was feeling bad, sad, without motivation, etc. But Super Carb even helped me with the motivation (it's not supposed to!). I was very surprised with these effects, it worked better than any aminoacid supplement I've taken intra-workout. Strength was increased, endurance was increased, recovery time between sets was reduced, hydration was excellent, I went like 4-5 sets without drinking 1 single drop of water, I usually drink water after I finish every set so this was like a miracle, I could feel all the claims working completely. If this worked like this with 1 scoop, I imagine what it can do with 2 scoops at once! (This is where I would have liked 60 servings, to try it with 2 scoops). I'm still happy though! So intra-workout was the best moment NutraBio Super Carb worked. Worked so much better than their other product IntraBlast lol! Ohhh btw, I almost forget, the way I drank it Intra-Workout was all at once, 10oz of water with Super Carb, drank it all at once

PRE-WORKOUT: Like I said, I thought this was going to be the perfect moment to take Super Carb (like with NutraBio PRE Extreme) but Intra-Workout was much better. I could still feel the effects pre-workout though. The pre-workout I was taking didn't have Creatine (No it's not Pathogen) so the Carbs were good for strength. I combined this with my pre-workout or sometimes when I didn't have time to eat a pre-workout meal, I took it as my pre-workout meal. I feel it did a good job, it worked like an 8 (based on SR standards) which is more than good, but I feel 2 scoops would have taken this to the next level (Again, this is where I would have liked 60 servings to try it with 2 scoops).

POST-WORKOUT: I also tried Super Carb after my workouts to see if it helped with recovery. Like I said, I lift from Monday to Friday without rest days in between them. So I'm always looking for faster recovery, faster energy for my workouts, etc. I was dissapointed with the effects Post-Workout, it worked like 6 or 7 (if I'm generous). I could feel it working for the first 30 minutes but recovery for the next day? Not really... But after reading what NutraBio said (I quoted above), then it's expected because I only took 1 scoop. When it's post-workout, it should be a minimum of 2 scoops to really feel the effects completely. (Again, this is where I would have liked 60 servings to try it with 2 scoops).

DURING THE DAY: Well, this one didn't happen often. I was saving my servings for intra-workout or another moment lol. During the day was sometimes after my breakfast to increase the carbs amount of it. Or when I didn't have time to eat a pre-workout meal, then I would take this. I think it helped but like I've been saying, this is where I would have liked 60 servings to try it with 2 scoops.

It's like comparing a 2lbs protein with a 5lbs of the same protein. With the 5lbs, you can increase the scoops you take per day and you should have better results. I'm not saying anything strange here so I hope I was able to explain clearly about my point (that seems impossible in this website these days...). Overall, I'm satisfied with NutraBio Super Carb, it proved to be effective even with 1 scoop but I had to put 8.5 because post-workout was dissapointing (with 1 scoop) and pre-workout could have been better (maybe my expectations as preworkout were too high considering PRE Extreme results). 8.5 is not bad, it's actually pretty good. But I'm slightly dissapointed because I know that if I would have used 2 scoops, Effectiveness could have easily been a 9 or 9.5 out of 10. That's why I had to explain my point about the 30 serving vs 60 serving. I still think it was a great idea to make the 30 servings version because not everybody will pay for the 60 servings version. Talking about Value, let's move on to Value.

VALUE

Aaaaaaand this is another important part. When talking about Value, people use several methods to rate it. Some would say: Ok this has 30 servings, price is $33 so this has a great value because it's just a little over $1 per serving. Cool! Well Sir, hold on right there and listen. When you're going to rate Value, there are several factors you need to include in your analysis, for example: Market price, form of processing, amount of ingredients, quality of ingredients, dose of ingredients, amount of servings and many other factors. Your simplistic way of rating the Value is that, SIMPLE but it's INCOMPLETE. You have the right to use the simple method, infact, that's the first thing we have to use. But don't come here and want/expect your simplistic view to become a complete way of judging a Value. In my opinion (yea only mine it seems), those simple methods belong to Amazon or Bodybuilding.com, not the quality I expect in this website. It's like if I go to the Effectiveness section and say: "Ok, the product worked well overall, I'm happy with it". Now compare that with a review that divides the areas of effectiveness (of a preworkout for example).

Ok having finished my rant, which is related to my next comment, I have to say that the simple method tells me it's a good value. 30 servings for $32.99, a little over $1 per serving. That's like an 8 or 8.5. Top quality carbohydrate, dextrose is way cheaper than ClusterDextrin but you're paying for top quality so the comparisons wouldn't be so adequate here. I looked for other products similar to NutraBio Super Carb and they are more or less the same (but without electrolytes so it's cool). BUT! yes, there's a big BUT (not butt you pervert), NutraBio's worst problem with this product is that Gaspari Glycofuse exists. NutraBio Super Carb is $32.99 for 30 servings and $59.99 for 60 servings. Gaspari Glycofuse is $46 for 60 servings. If you google better, you can find Glycofuse for $39.89 (do your job I'm not going to do it for you hahaha). So right now, for $6.9 more, I get 2x more servings for a very similar profile (same ingredients). Considering I don't know if that $39.89 price is stable, then that's why I decided to put a 7 to Value, also because the product was highly effective and top quality so that helped the Value too. Gaspari can't be trusted so much and I haven't tried Glycofuse so that gives NutraBio the benefit of the doubt.

Having said all of that, I'll give a 7 to be generous and give NutraBio the benefit of the doubt because I think a 6 would have been more precise, because we're talking about a $20 difference or a $14 difference. That's a lot. And this is the importance of using the factors I mentioned above. That's why I take days writing reviews (well and also because I keep doing other things instead of writing! lol). NutraBio will have to do something about this...

SIDE EFFECTS

The side effects section is usually not so important unless you got side effects. But with Carbs, having no side effects is more important and I had no side effects with Super Carb. So the claims of easier digestion were completely met. Never had to run to the bathroom because of taking Super Carb, I felt the 25 grams of ClusterDextrin and the electrolyte blend were all used by my body effectively and efficiently.

CONCLUSION

NutraBio makes elite products and Super Carb wasn't the exception, great job. Top Quality ingredients. Effective ingredients. 1 scoop provided 45-60 mins of additional energy, more endurance, less fatigue, more hydration so most if not all the claims made were fulfilled. I think that if I would have used 2 scoops per serving or 2 scoops per day, the rating could have gone up easily to 9 and even 9.5 (except Value lol although it would have increased too). Perfect moment to take this: Intra-Workout, 45-60 minutes after you start your workout. 1 scoop will give you benefits for that same amount of time so a preworkout will cover you for the first 45-60 minutes and then you can take Super Carb to help you with the final 45-60 minutes. I really loved this product, it will have a place in my heart <3 (Hey I can be romantic too :D)

1. Check the Value...
2. Congratulate the person that came up with the Pineapple idea and whoever made the formula, perfect job!

Thanks to TBN Labs for sending it out!
  December 4, 2017

• Lack Of Focus
  • Bitter Taste When Alone
  • Minor Difficulty To Breathe

INTRODUCTION

It's time to review a supplement that only contains DMHA from the brand TBN Labs (Total Body Nutrition). This is a brand with some interesting products, I made a review of their BCAA, tried a sample of their preworkout too and I liked them both. I had a sample of their other products but can't say much about them based on a sample. Thanks to them and SupplementReviews for making this connection possible and trusting us. I've tried some preworkouts that contain DMHA and I've had good results with them. So when I saw there was DMHA as a separate individual supplement, then I was eager to try this and finally take my trainings to a next level. Let's see what happened...

INGREDIENT PROFILE

Only 1 ingredient: 200mg of 1,5 Dimethylhexylamine HCL also known as DMHA. There's a lot of confusing controversy about DMHA, about its sources, if it's real DMHA or fake, etc. The DMHA from TBN has been HPLC tested and it's 100% pure (according to them). So I guess you can feel safe about this being real DMHA. What is HPLC test? "HPLC and UPLC are both Liquid Chromatography used in separating the components of a compound or mixture. HPLC stands for High Performance Liquid Chromatography, and is a technique used to separate different constituents of a compound using high pressure to push solvents through the column. It is the most widely used technique to identify, quantify and separate components of a mixture. HPLC is widely used for the analysis of constituents of a pharmaceutical actives, drug products, pesticides, and countless other substances." Source: http://www.impactanalytical.com/services.aspx?id=45

DMHA is a strong stimulant, said to be similar to DMAA and AMP Citrate. Among its benefits we have: Increased Energy, Attention, Focus, ability to handle pain, better mood, alertness, memory, etc. This ingredient is relatively new so there's not a lot of information and studies about it.

Claims by the product:
Optimum Muscle Pump, Increase Body Heat, Extreme Focus, No Bloating, Insane Energy, Expedite fat burn, High Potency, No loading period.

TASTE/MIXABILITY/DOSING

TASTE: Unflavored, it didn't change the taste nor texture of my preworkouts or other supplements but by itself, it may have a slight bitter taste.
MIXABILITY/POWDER'S CONSERVATION: Usually no problems mixing it. Powder conservation was overall good. It clumped at the end but that's to be expected after a product has been opened for 2-3 months and sometimes left abandoned without shaking for a whole week.

DOSING: 1 scoop with a stimulant preworkout 30 mins before working out. This has 60 servings and I used 1 scoop per day. I have 20 workouts per month so that's why it lasted me so long. I was so stupid because I didn't try this with an aminoacid during the morning (for example) to test its effects. I only tried it with my stimulant preworkouts. I tried it for only 1 week and a half without any stimulant preworkout, DMHA was then my only stimulant for that week and a half.

EFFECTIVENESS

So, during my 3 months of using this, I used this with: UXO Preworkout V2 and Outbreak Nutrition Pathogen. Also but not always, just a couple of times, with VMI Vasogen powder. Considering one of the claims was "Optimum Muscle Pump", the results combined with UXO Preworkout V2 were dissapointing. But the results with Outbreak Pathogen were positive in that area (Pump). I tried this with and without Pathogen and my conclusion is that it slightly helped with the Pump, it "optimized" the pump but it wasn't really that significant. Combined with VMI Vasogen, I didn't feel it helped with the Pump. I wasn't really expecting that claim to be true, I can't say it's false either , it just didn't work for me. It's just strange that one of the claims is Pump when it constricts blood vessels and if you add Caffeine to the party, then don't expect much from it...

I had more expectations on DMHA regarding energy, strength, endurance and focus. Those are the reasons I wanted to try DMHA. I don't think DMHA helped my Focus, in fact, I think it sometimes made it worse so I'm also dissapointed in the Focus area with DMHA so that's another negative thing. I think this happened because sometimes when taking DMHA, I felt it gave me a minor headache. The first week I took DMHA, I had positive results. Increased Energy, I could feel the DMHA working, increased strength because of the DMHA. But at the end of Week 2, I started to see the effects slowly starting to hide (not dissapear)... And this is where the "talking with the ingredient" began lol. I had to literally talk with DMHA and tell it to come out and work! It's like if I had to ask DMHA if it was available to use first and if yes, then I could use it. This happened several weeks. Considering sometimes I had to stop using DMHA because I wanted to try the effects of the preworkout alone, then it wasn't a big deal.

About the fat burning effects, can't tell much because I'm bulking. I slightly lost some weight but that can be because I stopped taking Creatine (my 10g daily) or maybe some DMHA was involved. If you want to try something different than the typical separate ingredients we add to our preworkout (Creatine, Beta-Alanine, maybe Glutamine, etc) then I suggest you try DMHA, I'm sure it's going to help you somehow whether is more stimulant energy, more strength, more focus, fat burn or who knows, any other benefit. I think it will depend on the person. My brother, who is usually tolerant to stimulants, had problems with this, he combined this with another stimulant preworkout (can't remember which one) and he was too agitated... so he never tried it again. He had that serving with other stimulants though. I gave a few servings to another person to see the effects and he wasn't too agitated but he also got a minor headache (without me mentioning I had it too). He did have good effects though, good energy, strength, he got better focus results, endurance was also solid for him. Endurance for me was alright, if I forced DMHA, then it was there to help me.

The real test for DMHA came when I used it as the only stimulant of my preworkout. I combined DMHA with Aminos (I think it was Intra-Blast) as pre-workout and it felt different than Caffeine. It worked alright, it worked like if I had 150-175 of Caffeine (but felt different). Based on claims, it had to work like 350 or 400mg though! lol. But overall, I was satisfied considering it was the only stimulant available for my +2 hour workouts. I did this for like 1 or 2 weeks.

VALUE

TBN Labs website (tbnlabs.com) has it for $39.75. You may see that as expensive but if you divide this by 3 (because it will last 3 months), then its $13.25 a month. There's no price reference either, this is the first DMHA supplement I've seen, so based on that, I think it's a great price, based on the dose, servings and considering it's the only one in the market right now. Don't judge my review if cheaper options show up later on in the Market. If Effectiveness was higher, I would have rated Value higher. You don't always need to use full scoop though and you don't need to use it everyday, it depends on you. However you want to see it, it's a great value.

Just as a reference, when talking about Value, you have to look at several factors: Market price, form of processing, amount of ingredients, quality of ingredients, dose of ingredients, amount of servings and other factors. It's not only something like "Oh it's $10 a month, I think it's ok". What if it's $10 a month but market price is $5 a month!? Still worth it? It changes right? Ok. This is NOT an Amazon review, this is NOT a bodybuilding review, it's SUPPLEMENTREVIEWS. If we say our reviews are top quality, then we need to prove it.

SIDE EFFECTS

Minor headache and a minor difficulty to breathe. You have to take into account I was also taking other stimulants though. My head sometimes felt "full", I attribute that to the headache and the difficulty to breathe sometimes made it uncomfortable to go more than 10 reps in 1 set. That's why I think these side effects lowered the Effectiveness of the product. I was using full scoop though. (Imagine if I only used half-scoop, it would be 120 servings, I would have never ended! lol). When I would finish my set, sometimes I would stand up kind of "confused". This last part didn't happen all the time. Never exceed 1 scoop. You can also experiment some slight crash after workouts but that's expected after all the stimulants taken. Nothing serious or significant.

I also took a week off stimulants and DMHA after I finished taking this supplement to see my body's reaction. As expected, my body is adapting to the new reality again of not having DMHA. And if you suffer from high blood pressure, then it's not recommended for you.

CONCLUSION

I don't think DMHA will help you much with Pumps but it's going to give you something "extra" when it comes to Energy, Strength and Endurance. Nothing out of this world but you will feel it working and the times you don't feel it working, just force it to come out and it will work ;) Trying this supplement once a year is actually a good idea, to see if you can make progress trying something you've never tried before. I honestly wouldn't recommend trying it during all the year because we still don't know the negatives it can cause to us. I didn't get scared with the side effects but exposing your body to those side effects during all the year is definitely not healthy. But you might not suffer them all so go try it!

The reason I think it didn't help much with Focus was because of the high dose of stimulants I was taking. I guess the stimulants were too much for the focus ingredients to handle and obviously, the distractions don't help either! So I think taking this with an amino during the morning for example, might give a nice focus benefit. I would also suggest trying it with a fat burner, like user @Clipper83 did. Just don't exceed 1 scoop per day. If your preworkout already has DMHA, then use half-scoop.

I had to lower all the scores because of the side effects and lack of focus, pump benefits. But this can easily become a "9" product for someone else, I wouldn't be surprised if it did. It has the potential.

Overall
Overall
6.8
Thanks to Dioxyme for sending it out!
  November 30, 2017

Pros:
 Cons:
  • Increased Strength
  • Boosts Endurance
  • Tastes Good
  • Interesting Ingredients
  • Better Intra Workout Recovery
  • Muscular Energy
  • Overall Performance Enhancer
  • Very Expensive
  • Proprietary Blend

INTRODUCTION

What's up SupplementReviews. This time I'll review an interesting product called Muscle Protein Optimizer (MPO) from the brand "Dioxyme". Thank you to Dioxyme and SupplementReviews for making this connection possible and trusting us. I've never heard of Dioxyme before but looking at their products, they have some interesting products, MPO is not the exception. I lift weights 5 days a week, from Monday to Friday and rest Saturday and Sunday. So I'm always looking for supplements that enhance recovery and maximize muscle protein synthesis. When I looked at the label of MPO, I thought this could help, let's see if it did...

INGREDIENT PROFILE

MPO is a unique product. It's the only product I've seen that contains the 3 ingredients: HMB, HICA and Phosphatidic Acid (PA). Some products I've seen have 1 or 2 of them but never the 3 of them together so the idea is great! Is the dosing ok? Well, it's in a Proprietary Blend but that Proprietary Blend has 5,250mg. If you divide that between the 3 ingredients, it would be 1,750mg each ingredient (which would be alright) but the way each milligram is distributed is unknown so we can't know how much we're getting of each ingredient. Consumers may not like Proprietary Blends but I think companies have the right to use them (look at what's happening with Preworkouts now) BUT with the condition that the amount of the Proprietary Blend has to give me an idea that the ingredients are not underdosed or massively underdosed. Looking at the 5,250mg of this Proprietary Blend, I'm satisfied because it tells me the ingredients are not underdosed. Of course I can't be 100% sure but more than 70% sure? Yes.

HMB and HICA are 2 metabolites of Leucine. Metabolites are "intermediates and products of metabolism" and they have several functions in the body. Examine.com says: "Leucine initially goes into one of two metabolic pathways (KIC or HMB) and then some of the KIC is further converted into HICA." So HMB and HICA follow 2 different pathways, it's great to have them together. Both have the benefit of helping to prevent or slow down muscle protein breakdown, that seems to be their main benefit instead of being anabolic (they probably have anabolic properties but low because they are not Leucine themselves) but hey, we all consume Leucine with Whey Protein and protein from food so no problem if they are only anti-catabolic. They should work together well and that's what matters. Phosphatidic Acid is a type of fat. It increases strength, helps with muscle growth, lean mass, etc. The studies have used 750mg so even if MPO only uses 750mg, then it would work well and it would leave even more amount of milligrams to HMB and HICA. So it's a win-win situation here. Less Muscle Breakdown, more Muscle Growth, more Lean Mass, more Recovery, etc. The idea is great.

Then it comes a 6,500mg of another Proprietary Blend of only 2 ingredients: Our old classic trusted friend Mr. Creatine Monohydrate and Beta-Alanine. Most users that have used MPO have said this blend is underdosed but I disagree with them. You don't need 5 grams of Creatine Monohydrate to feel the benefits of increased muscular strength. According to my experience with supplements, 3 grams of Creatine Monohydrate is enough to start feeling the effects. Examine.com talks about it: "For a 180 lb (82 kg) person, this translates to 25 g/day during the loading phase and 2.5 g/day afterward." You would argue that they say the 2.5g is ok but only after a loading phase but hey, don't forget diet gives us Creatine and if you don't always have a separate Creatine supplement, then you're doing something wrong. Having Creatine as a separate supplement is always better than expecting it from a supplement that is not Creatine by itself. If you take MPO by itself with the Creatine it has, it's going to work so don't worry.

But well, I think MPO has more than 3 grams of Creatine Monohydrate. Everytime I took it, I would get thirsty so MPO must have between 4-5 grams (I hope not 6 grams because that would only leave us with 500mg of Beta-Alanine which would be massively underdosed). I'm going to say something that some of you won't like but some of you have become paranoid just because a supplement doesn't have the "clinical dose". I'll say this again: When scientists use a clinical dose, they examine the ingredient ALONE. So the 3.2 grams of Beta-Alanine you all want were studied ALONE. But guess what? This supplement has Creatine, Beta-Alanine, Phosphatidic Acid, etc. 1.6g of Beta-Alanine combined with other ingredients (like Creatine) can work much better than 3.2g of Beta-Alanine alone. So stop saying you want 3.2 grams of Beta-Alanine. Same thing with all the other ingredients. Also take into account that Creatine works very well with Beta-Alanine when they are combined and also with HMB.

Am I going to give negative points to a car that doesn't have more than 500 horse power? No I won't. If all supplements had clinical dose, then where would the difference be? I didn't get any tingling sensation. That's a hint the Beta-Alanine is low BUT I can't be sure of that. Sometimes a person simply doesn't get any tingling sensation regardless of the dose. But based on what I experienced with MPO, it probably has 5g of Creatine Monohydrate and 1.5g of Beta-Alanine. I expect atleast 2-2.5 grams of Beta-Alanine in my supplements. So Creatine is NOT underdosed. It would be underdosed if it had less than 3g and MPO doesn't have less than 3g of Creatine Monohydrate.

So Overall, the 2 blends didn't dissapoint me. I think the blend of HMB, HICA and PA is correctly dosed and the blend of Creatine/Beta-Alanine is acceptable. More Beta-Alanine would have been better but life isn't perfect, neither are supplements. For this original creative formula, I give it a 9/10. It would be 10/10 if I knew exactly how much amount I'm getting of each ingredient.

TASTE/MIXABILITY/DOSING

TASTE: I got the Lemonade flavor and it's the only flavor available right now. I was expecting a bad flavor because if you've tried Leucine by itself, you will know the taste is HORRIBLE! So if this has Leucine's 2 metabolites (HMB and HICA) then it must also be bad hahaha. But I was wrong, the taste was alright. I wouldn't say it was delicious like a well made Lemonade but it was alright. 7.5/10. I would have preferred a stronger taste but it seems the other members liked this flavor a lot so no problems here. Even better to have a lighter taste because if you combine MPO with another product, then the Lemonade won't take over the whole taste.

MIXABILITY/POWDER'S CONSERVATION: Never gave me problems mixing it. You only need to add 6oz of water. The powder's conservation was excellent, not a single sign of humidity.

DOSING: Optimal Dosage: Half-Scoop if you weigh 100-130lbs (If this is your weight, then you should instead buy a lot of food and eat like a pig every 2-3 hours). 1 scoop if your weight is between 131-190lbs, 1.5 scoops if it's between 191-240lbs and 2 scoops for more than 240lbs. My weight is 200lbs approximately so I should have consumed 1.5 scoops. I just took 1 scoop to last me the 30 servings. When I claimed MPO, I thought about taking it only Post-Workout but then considering they suggested it to take it pre-workout, then I did 2 weeks post-workout and 2 weeks pre-workout.

EFFECTIVENESS

I stopped taking Creatine some days before taking MPO to see how effective MPO would be. As Pre-workout, I mixed it most of the times with a stimulant pre-workout but I also tried it along with NutraBio Intra-Blast only. It was very effective this way. The ingredients were doing their job, giving me more strength, reducing recovery time between sets, reducing soreness during sets, etc. As for the prevention of muscle breakdown, that can't be measured by a regular consumer, neither pre-workout nor post-workout. I think the reduction of soreness during sets might be an indication of the prevention of muscle breakdown but some people might say that no, it's just the lactic acid that causes that soreness so it was the Beta-Alanine.

MPO is classified as a "Performance Enhancer", a Stimulant Free Pre-Workout so it enhanced performance? Yes it did. The claims were met except for the "dramatically reduce muscle catabolism" which I can't be sure of that. It probably needs more servings to see/feel more the effects of that claim. But overall, I'm satisfied with the results. MPO can work by itself well but I think the optimal way of using it is combined with another stimulant pre-workout. I gave 2 servings to my brother who also lifts to see if he could feel the effects and yes he did. He was happy with the servings. He told me he wanted to buy the product, I'm like ok cool, it's only $70 hahahaha.

VALUE

Aaaaaand this is the part that gets ugly. I'll start by putting what the rep of Dioxyme said about Value: ""Can MPO compete with prohormones? Hell no. I wouldn't give up my T if I had to choose between the two, but I, as do most athletes see the difference in strength and endurance when using it. The immediate improvement in power and endurance is why many pro athletes in MMA, NHL, boxing, MLS, and powelifting, use it.

I would like to comment on the question of price which many reviewers have negatively commented on. It is expensive. We know it. We hate what we have to charge. Some of the raws are very expensive and regardless, we use an ergogenic dose. I reviewed the lowest retail price of these raw ingredients, at our dosing, on amazon. The cheapest amazon one month supply of the raw ingredients with prime is $124. We offer free shipping on MPO at $69.99. As our volume grows and our raw ingredient costs decline, we will be able to offer improved savings to our customers.""

There's no doubt it improves our performance. But $70? The rep said it himself, it can't compete with prohormones. So even though it improved performance, I can improve my performance way more if I spend $70 on 2 or 3 supplements and take them together. In fact, I can buy the best Stimulant Pre-Workout on the market (NutraBio Pre Extreme for me - for now lol), buy 30 servings of Creatine and 30 servings of Beta Alanine. That would cost me $70 or maybe less, not more and my performance would be improved waaaay more. I don't know where you're getting that price of $124 if we buy the raw ingredient. 30 servings of Creatine is like $6, 30 servings of Beta-Alanine another $6 or $8 (it's not patented), HMB $10 or $12... The only 2 ingredients I couldn't find a price reference was HICA and PA. I know they are both expensive, that's why most companies don't include them in their formulas and if they include them, they usually cover the amount and the ones that say how much they have, their supplements are more expensive than others. So I assume HICA and PA are expensive. But $70 is way too much for me and even a rich person, that's why the Value score didn't reach a 6 because even with extra money, I wouldn't buy it because it's too expensive.

The problem is your business model. For you to go on, you need to sell this for $70, that's a bad business model because even though I loved the formula, the price is not justified. The calculation of your costs is wrong, that's why the final price is also wrong. It doesn't cost me $124 to get the raw ingredients in your formula. It would probably cost me something between $50 (minimum, close to your dosing) or $60 (maximum, at your dosing) as a consumer, not $124. So a wrong starting point means a wrong final price and a wrong business model.

The final, correct and fair price for MPO would be something between $35 and $40 for 30 servings. But my advice would be to increase the amount of servings, to a minimum of 50 servings (although I would prefer 60 servings). That way we can take MPO as pre-workout and also post-workout because I think the Post-workout results are not seen that much because the effects of the ingredients are all used during the workout. How much HICA, PA, HMB and Creatine will remain in the body after the workout is done?? Exactly, almost none. But if you make a 50-60 serving version, then the $70 price is way better and fair. 50 to 60 servings of MPO for $70 would increase my Value rating from 5 to something close to an 8 (which is great Value according to our standards). And if you take into account that adding more servings will definitely increase effectiveness, then I think those are the 2 options you have: Either decrease your price and if you can't, then increase the amount of servings to 50-60, that way we can use the product pre-workout and post-workout together.

Dioxyme had a 35% off promo on Black Friday/Cyber Monday. Makes me assume you can definitely lower that price.

SIDE EFFECTS

I got thirsty everytime I had this so make sure you drink enough water after taking MPO.

CONCLUSION

Great formula, I really like the idea of this formula. Whoever thought about it, good job for him/her. Good taste, no problems mixing it, powder's conservation was great, not a single sign of clumps or humidity. Supplement is very effective pre-workout, it's a true performance enhancer, it's a great addition to our pre-workout stack. The big problem is the Value, like I said a fair price for 30 servings would be $35-$40 max but I think it would be better to increase the amount of servings to something between 55-60 and still charge $70, that way we can see results pre-workout and especially post-workout and Value would be justified. It's called Muscle Protein Optimizer but to optimize muscles, I think it needs more servings to see that benefit. That's why the name of the title of my review.

SUGGESTIONS FOR THE COMPANY

I've said it multiples times already but just in case you/they missed them:
1. Decrease the price to something between $35-40 max.
2. And/or make a 55-60 serving container worth $70, that way we can take MPO pre-workout and post-workout to get better results from the HICA, HMB and PA which is the attractive part of MPO.

November 16, 2017

Pros:
 Cons:
  • Superb Taste
  • Enhanced Performance
  • Good Formula
  • Strength Maintenance
  • Nice Name
  • Rehydrates
  • Helps With Recovery
  • Bad Value
  • Sticky Foam
  • Useless Tryptophan

INTRODUCTION

What's up SupplementReviews. It's time to review NutraBio Intra Blast. Thank you to NutraBio and to SupplementReviews for making the connection possible and trusting us to write a review about your products. NutraBio is one of our favorite companies because they don't hide the amounts of each ingredient, they put each amount of milligrams on the label, including the flavoring! That's great. They also make top quality products with high clinical doses. Before taking them, I used to think they were just some greedy people trying to make the most amount of money with their overrated supplements, that was just a perception, a wrong one.

But now that I've tried them, I can see why their price is high, sometimes it's justified, sometimes it's not. In order not to sound bias, let me remind you I made a review of their Casein, you can read it here if you haven't and if you want: https://supplementreviews.com/nutrabio/100-micellar-casein/review/hey-honey-look-beautiful-car-ask-seller-much-53808#toprev I put that Casein in the "not justified" category. I also made a review of NutraBio Reload and PRE-Extreme and I loved them, especially PRE-Extreme. So I think I'm unbiased towards them.

Let's see where Intra Blast fits. Btw, before starting, thank you Nutrabio for the water bottle and the samples! Considering you added the samples, I feel it's necessary to talk about the taste of them. The sample of NutraBio Classic Whey Cookies & Cream flavor was very delicious! One of the best Cookies & Cream flavors I've had, maybe the best. The sample of Intra Blast Fruit Punch was alright, it was a different fruit punch taste. Sweet Tea (the one I got to review) is way better though.

Don't forget to check the Value section, I think it's the most relevant section in this product.

INGREDIENT PROFILE

The main ingredient are the BCAA. 7.4 grams of naturally fermented BCAA. That's great! The average is 4g so good job here. Then they add 6 aminoacids. Lysine helps with Calcium absorption, cold sores, genital herpes, some sources say it can help with performance but I'm not convinced with this last one. SR says it helps to maintain nitrogen balance and preserve lean body mass during times of stress. I read it helps to deal with anxiety and stress but I couldn't find too much info about performance benefits nor muscular benefits. Doses range from 800mg to 3g so with 850mg it's fine I guess. L-Threonine is transformed in the body into Glycine which helps to prevent unwanted muscle contractions. I don't know if 850mg is enough for that benefit though. Then it comes 450mg of Histidine. This is a very important addition IMO because Histidine interacts with Beta Alanine to form Carnosine but considering we don't know if our Histidine levels are ok or not, then having some in a supplement is positive, even more considering it interacts with Beta Alanine, a popular preworkout ingredient. So considering this, I would have liked to see a higher dose of Histidine, maybe 1 gram or the same 850mg of the previous 2 aminos.

We continue with 300mg of DL-Methionine. I could only find 1 source saying it can help with bone strength. I imagine they added Methionine because of Creatine. Same thing with the L-Threonine (although if it helps to prevent unwanted contractions it's cool). Creatine is made up of Arginine, Methionine and Glycine. So I guess the inclusion of these 2 aminos is to help with the natural production of Creatine. If that was the goal, then good. I just don't know if 300mg is enough. DL-Phenylalanine might reduce the perception of pain, might help with depression (so yes, if you lift and your gf cheated on you, don't worry, your mood will be covered! hahaha). I read doses are recommended between 100-500mg so 300mg is good enough! Tryptophan might help increase tolerance to pain during intense exercise but the dose is so low (55mg) that I highly doubt this will have any benefit, I'm surprised NutraBio added an ingredient with a dose that I think it's too low to feel any benefit.

Overall, I think I would have been happier if they added more Histidine. More investigation is needed to find if the dose for L-Threonine and DL-Methionine are good enough to get the benefits I mentioned. So until we can find those doses, I'm not convinced with the addition of most of these secondaryaminos.

5 grams of patented Glutamine Kyowa Quality in the category called "Muscle Growth Accelerator". Accelerate what? 2g of Betaine Anhydrous for strength, great. 1g of OKG to reduce Ammonia which should make your performance better. 2g of Taurine. Taurine has plenty of benefits at high doses so I'm happy this has 2 grams. It can help to prevent cramps, helps with hydration, performance, etc. And finally, patented electrolytes.

Overall, a good formula, except for the 55mg of Tryptophan and maybe some of the aminos included.

TASTE/MIXABILITY/DOSING

I put as Flavor Preference: Passion Fruit but I received Sweet Tea. I usually drink tea so no problem with me here. This is a new flavor launched in August so that's why we probably were all sent this new flavor. NutraBio usually makes delicious flavors and this wasn't the exception. Consuming this flavor with cold water feels great! It tastes exactly like the word says: "Sweet Tea" with a strong taste.

MIXABILITY: This is the part I didn't like. This is the part where the Avalanche comes. This flavor creates A LOT of Foaming, and a sticky foaming, the one that never dissapears even if you leave it for 1 hour without moving. They need to fix this issue. Apparently it's only with this flavor because when I used the sample of Fruit Punch they gave me, it didn't create foam. There's an ingredient in another amino (CytoSport Monster Amino) called "Dimethylpolysiloxane" that is used to prevent foaming. It works with that amino and that amino uses a 6:1:1 ratio. The foaming dissapears rapidly. Maybe Nutrabio should use that for this product (flavor) because it's annoying and I think it reduces effectiveness.

DOSING: I did 1 scoop daily and tried it several ways: Sometimes Post-Workout, sometimes Pre-workout, sometimes Intra-Workout. I usually used 12oz to feel the taste stronger. Taste starts to vanish after 16oz.

EFFECTIVENESS

Post-Workout: Sometimes worked great and sometimes it worked average like a 5g BCAA.

Intra-Workout: I'm not a fan of taking intra workouts because I think I take a preworkout for a reason. But it doesn't mean I don't believe intra-workouts can work well. I just consider them a luxury and prefer to take my aminos in another moment. But Intra-Blast did a good job, I usually drank the liquid fast to get the most amount of benefits from those 7g BCAA, 5g Glutamine ,etc. The foaming stopped me several times though. And if you do this with cold water when you're thirsty from your sets, then the taste will be almost orgasmic!

Pre-Workout: I love my preworkouts with aminos so combining Intra-Blast with my preworkouts was the most effective way of taking this. I think it's because it gives the body enough time to absorb and digest the aminos. When my preworkout ended (Outbreak Pathogen), I used Intra Blast, DMHA and Dioxyme MPO and it worked great, I felt IntraBlast was leading this group effectively.

I took it like 2 times during my off days when I was sweating a lot and this is where I saw the Hydration part working the best. Good job.

Benefits: Train for longer time, strength maintenance, faster recovery, more hydration, less sweat, tasty.

The reason I didn't give it an 8 is because of my expectations regarding the formula. I expected more from Intra Blast. I could tell it was working and got good results (which is an 8) but looking at the formula, I expected elite level results and I've had better results with aminos that have less dose of each ingredient added here. That's why I gave it a 7.5. It's not a bad score and I think the problem here was the foaming. I don't know if it's mental or not but I think the foam made me feel the effects less. I've read that when products create lot of foam, it's because of the Leucine. And if the Leucine is not ingested adequately because instead of interacting with the other ingredients, it's staying in my shaker bottle, then that will probably reduce the effects because Leucine = King of BCAA. It's not the same or atleast I don't see it as being the same entering the body in liquid form than gas form.

VALUE

So Value is probably the most important section in this supplement. Many of the last reviews of Intra Blast have said this has a price of $39.99 and that they consider it fair. They said it was fair because it was effective and especially because you're basically getting 2 or 3 products in 1 (High BCAA dose, patented 5g Glutamine, High Betaine, patented electrolytes, extra aminoacids, high dose of Taurine). I used to think like them, I used to agree with their words.

Until one day, drinking this delicious Intra Blast Sweet Tea post-workout, I start to think about the Value. As I continue thinking, I remembered I also consumed NutraBio Reload Recovery Matrix some months ago. I checked my review to see the price of Reload and it was $39.99. I checked the current price of Reload and it's still $39.99 (cool). So considering they both had the same price, I wanted to see what made them different and here's one of the keys. Long story short: Reload has more amount of top quality ingredients and also higher doses but they have the same price!

Reload has 8g BCAA, IntraBlast has 7.4g BCAA (600mg less) || Reload has 5g of Kyowa Glutamine, IntraBlast has the same || Reload has 2.5g Betaine Anhydrous, IntraBlast has 2g (500mg less) || Reload has 500mg of OKG, IntraBlast has 1g (500mg more) || Reload has 1.5g Taurine, IntraBlast has 2g (500mg more) || Reload has 3 electrolytes not patented, IntraBlast also has 3 electrolytes and 2 of them are patented.

So those are the ingredients that they share. But Reload still has plenty of more ingredients left: Reload has 1.5g of patented Carnitine Tartrate, IntraBlast has none || Reload has 2.5g of patented Creatine Monohydrate, IntraBlast has none || Reload has 1.6g of patented Beta Alanine, IntraBlast has none || Reload has 1.1g of DL Malic Acid, IntraBlast has none || Reload has 500mg of patented Creatine Magnapower, IntraBlast has none || Reload has a high dose of Vitamin C, Thiamin, Niacin, Vitamin B6, Folic Acid, Biotin, Vitamin B5... guess what vitamins IntraBlast has... NONE!

I'll tell you what IntraBlast has that Reload doesn't have: Lysine, Threonine, Histidine, Phenylalanine, Methionine, Tryptophan.

So who wins? Who has a much better formula? Obviously Reload does and by far. And they cost the same according to NutraBio and the retailers selling this. This has an explanation: April 2016 IntraBlast had a price between $30 and $32. What does that tells me? That $30 max $32 is the correct fair price of Intra Blast. Again, for an unjustified reason, this was increased to $39.99, same thing happened with their Casein supplement that I made a review some months ago (check the Value of that review too). A justification might be that considering they decided to sell their products to other retailers, then it's normal they had to increase the prices in their website. Cool, I understand, but if that means increase the price to the product everywhere, then it's not cool.

Reload's price is fair ($39.99). IntraBlast price is NOT fair ($39.99). Not fair because you want the same amount of money for a product who has a weaker formula than Reload. IntraBlast fair price was the one it had before ($30-$32). I would say maybe a maximum of $35, no more than that, not $35.01 (I wouldn't pay $35 though). That's why IntraBlast has earned a dissapointing score in Value of 6, because I would prefer to buy Reload and because IntraBlast price is not fair and you know it. What I think Nutrabio is going to do about this? Guess what? *5 seconds pass* They will increase Reload's price, just wait and see. They already increased NutraBio PRE Extreme. It's great to know the exact dose of the ingredients but now it will be good to know what exactly is happening with the prices.

SIDE EFFECTS

Foaming was annoying. Fix this issue, I suggested using "Dimethylpolysiloxane", if you can find a better solution, then use it.

CONCLUSION

Great formula. Delicious new taste. Sometimes worked great, other times average (which is why I gave it a 7.5). Foaming was annoying, it was sticky. Maybe it's something related to the new flavor because the sample of Fruit Punch I received didn't create any foaming. If IntraBlast's price can go down to something between $30 and $35, it would be great because that's its fair price. If it stays with $39.99, I prefer getting Reload whose formula is way better as I've already explained above.

SUGGESTIONS FOR THE COMPANY

1. Fix the foaming issue with Sweet Tea flavor (I gave a suggestion above to fix it).
2. Bring the price down.
3. Maybe put more Histidine in the formula.

November 14, 2017

Pros:
 Cons:
  • Stronger Immune System
  • Effective Before Workout
  • Performance Blend
  • High Effectiveness
  • Great Value
  • Good Formula
  • Deeper Sleep
  • Clean Natural Energy
  • Difficult To Swallow Tablets
  • Tablets Without Coat
  • Ridiculous Amino Blend
  • Low Magnesium

INTRODUCTION

What's up SupplementReviews. It's time to contribute with a product that is not part of the SR TROOP program, it feels strange lol! I bought 2 bottles of this Multivitamin this year and I recently finished my second bottle so I decided to write my experience with them. Taking a Multivitamin supplement once in a while is always important for people that exercise. We use a lot of minerals and vitamins during exercise and our daily life so making sure we always have them available for our body is necessary for gains and good health.

The picture I added is the old logo. Th...

INTRODUCTION

The picture I added is the old logo. They apparently changed the logo and are making a new version (I uploaded picture of new logo below). The formula is the same (according to the Nutrition Facts they have on their website). Hopefully they can fix the issue I'll talk about below. SR will have to add the new pic once the supplement with the new logo is available.

INGREDIENT PROFILE

The first ingredient I care about in a Multivitamin supplement is Vitamin C because of the plenty of benefits it has. Here you have 750mg of Vitamin C which is 750% of the Daily Value, I'm happy with that, it was one of the reasons I bought this supplement. It also has 1600IU of Vitamin D in the form of Cholecalciferol which is 400% of the Daily Value, Vitamin D supports everything related to bones, it also helps with test production and other benefits. Vitamin K is a vitamin that not many multivitamins include in their supplements so it's positive that Men's Multi has it. Vitamin K has benefits for the bones, helps to heal wounds and bleeding, etc.

It also has a high dose of Vitamin B6 and Vitamin B12, also Vitamin B2 and B1. That's something we all love but there was a recent study finding some kind of relationship between high doses of Vitamin B6 and B12 with Lung Cancer, I'm surprised with that, it was one of the reasons I decided to take the minimum dose with my 2nd bottle instead of the normal serving. If you smoke, you should definitely not take Vitamin B6 nor B12... but wait, if you smoke, just stop smoking, it's ridiculous! Here is a link if you want to read more about the topic: https://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry/vitamins-b6-b12-link-lung-cancer-men_us_599dee45e4b0821444c08ec7 Right now, I would think it's still too early to stop taking the high doses, time will tell. It can change the Multivitamin industry forever.

Only 24mg of Magnesium which is 6% of Daily Value, I would have liked a higher dose of Magnesium because of its good benefits. Then it also has Manganese, Folic Acid, Iodine, Biotin, etc, the typical ones. It has 80mg of an "Amino Blend" consisting of L-Arginine, Glutamine, BCAA, L-Cysteine HCL, L-Lysine HCL, L-Threonine. Yes, you read that correctly: EIGHTY milligrams (80mg). Hahahahaha wtf! I wasn't expecting a full clinical dose but the word "underdosed" is not enough to describe that "Amino Blend". I don't know what word to use hahahahaha! But to be fair, if you want Amino Acids, buy them separately. I don't expect and I don't want Amino Acids in my Multivitamin supplement. That will just mean bigger tablets to swallow, I prefer to take them separately. So I strongly suggest Infinite Labs to remove that ridiculous "Amino Blend". Ok I don't suggest, I ORDER THEM to remove that S**t! XD!

And finally we have 440mg of a "Performance Blend" consisting of: "Green Tea Leaf Powder, Broccoli Plant Powder, Grapefruit (Citrus paradisi) Seed Extract 4:1, Carrot Root Powder, Korean Ginseng Root Powder, Ginkgo Biloba Leaf Powder, Pumpkin Seed Powder, Citrus Bioflavonoids Peel Powder, Saw Palmetto Berry Powder, Damiana Leaf Powder, Pygeum Africanum Bark Powder, Nettle Leaf Powder, Deodorized Garlic Bulb Powder, Cranberry Fruit Extract 4:1, Papaya Fruit Powder, Orange Fruit Powder, Pineapple Fruit Powder, Spinach Leaf Powder, Kale Leaf Powder, Brussel Sprout Powder, Grape Seed Extract 4:1, Papain 2000 USP Units/mg, Bromelain 600 GDU/gm, Blueberry Fruit Extract 4:1, Elderberry Fruit Extract 5:1, Alpha Lipoic Acid." Most of them are probably underdosed but some might have an acceptable dose. I like this Performance Blend, if you could add more milligrams, cool, but the ingredients included have a lot of benefits.

So overall, I like the formula, only thing I didn't like was that ridiculous "Amino Blend". I don't know who's more ridiculous, if this Amino Blend or a smoker (yea go negative rep me smoking fool lol). Fool because only a fool would consume something that causes hundreds of disease affecting your health and the ones around you, even the same planet we all live in.

TASTE/SWALLOW/DOSING

And we have reached one of the most important sections when it comes to Multivitamins. "Oh MarsheS, this is a Multivitamin supplement, it has no taste". Stop right there. It has a taste! When you get to swallow the tablet, you will feel some of the taste of the tablet itself while it touches your throat. What? Yes, let me explain. The bad thing about Men's Multi is that Tablets have no coat surrounding them. So swallowing them is a N-I-G-H-T-M-A-R-E. The tablet has a big size. It's not the biggest tablet size I've swallowed though. I've taken RSP BioVite and ProSupps VitaLinx. Both of them have a bigger tablet size. But they were easy to swallow because they had a coat surrounding the tablet to make it easy to swallow even if they were big.

Infinite Labs Men's Multi tablets are like trying to kill you everytime you try to swallow them but once you find the correct trick to swallow them, it becomes relatively easier. I suggest taking them with A LOT OF LIQUID. Make sure you have a full glass of water with you. If your first attempt to swallow them fails, then the tablet will probably be ruined because it will be all wet and it will deteriorate. That's another negative thing of them not having a coat protecting the tablet. The other negative thing is that if when you get to swallow them, you will feel the tablet touching and having friction with your throat while it goes down. And the other negative thing is that you will have a minor aftertaste of the tablet itself. Ever heard of "Tablet flavor"? Well me neither but this will be the closest thing you will experiment to know what's "Tablet flavor" lol.

I almost choked a couple of times trying to swallow them and ruined another couple of tablets because of the failure to swallow them the first attempt.

For all these reasons, I decided to lower the Overall Score. About the DOSING, the bottle comes with 120 tablets. The standard dose is 2 tablets per day which means 60 servings, great! With the first bottle, I took the recommended 2 tablets per day separated with 2 of my daily meals. Usually 1 with Breakfast or Lunch and 1 with Dinner. Considering the high effectiveness I had with the first bottle (more details below), the problems swallowing them and the Vitamin B information above and because I'm a cheap meanie, I lowered the dose to 1 tablet per day with the second bottle. Usually with Dinner to help with Post-Workout recovery, sometimes before sleeping, sometimes with my breakfast and sometimes before my workout. The dose is so high that even with only 1 tablet, the urine will already be yellow.

EFFECTIVENESS

HEALTH related, Effectiveness was very High. I never got sick while taking this. When I knew I was having symptoms of getting sick, I took a full dose of this for several days and problem solved, bye bye symptoms! This was obviously more effective when taking the standard recommended dose of 2 tablets per day. 1 tablet did the job too though but I suggest 2 tablets for health related issues. I felt my Immune System was stronger and supporting all the stress related to daily life and especially my 2 hour sometimes 3 hour workouts.

ENERGY related, the B vitamins did a good job, I could feel more natural energy. This benefit was felt even more when I took it with my pre-workout meal. If you have never tried taking a Multivitamin before working out, try it, you should feel different, with more natural energy, strength, etc. I was very satisfied in this section because the difference when taking it and when not taking it pre-workout was big. That's where you know something works for you.

SLEEP related, Sometimes I took this right before sleeping. Even though this doesn't have a high amount of Magnesium, it felt closely like taking a ZMA. My sleep was deeper. With a higher amount of Magnesium, effects would have been better but hey, I wasn't even expecting this benefit so I was satisfied with this benefit. When you woke up, you could feel the Vitamins and Minerals were working while you were sleeping. Sometimes, and I don't know if to blame Thiamin (Vitamin B1), when I would wake up to pee, I would have problems getting to sleep again. I don't know if to blame Thiamin or my high sugar diet (dirty bulking) or my high caffeine/stimulant intake per day. I think all of them have a participation in that, I'm just not sure of the percent they participated. Anyways, try it and experiment yourself, maybe it was just me.

Regarding Post-Workout Recovery, difficult to say. It's not something you directly perceive. But our bodies need vitamins and minerals for recovery so having them available for the body is necessary and should be helpful.

Overall, this multivitamin was highly effective!

VALUE

I bought it on a BOGO promo for $21.97, a bargain! I gave it a 9 because it has more than 1 year on that BOGO promo at M&S, also because you can also find it on BOGO 50% at other places and also because the price without promo ($16) is a great price, considering the high effectiveness and also considering it's 60 servings of a good effective formula! That BOGO offer is probably because they want to get rid of the ones with the old logo so get it while you can.

SIDE EFFECTS

Any psychological effects you might get because of trying to swallow the tablets hahaha!

CONCLUSION

Good formula with high doses. Highly effective supplement. Ridiculous HIGHLY UNDERDOSED AMINO BLEND. It's a nightmare trying to swallow the tablets because they have no coat protecting and surrounding the tablet... but once you find the trick to swallow them easier (I suggest lot of liquid and practice), then it will be fine.

SUGGESTIONS FOR THE COMPANY

1. REMOVE the "Amino Blend" because it is SEVERELY, HIGHLY, ABUNDANTLY UNDERDOSED. The word underdosed is not enough to describe this situation, hopefully the adjectives can help with the description.
2. PUT A COAT SURROUNDING THE TABLET TO MAKE THEM EASIER TO SWALLOW. (Yes, I'm screaming and I'm allowed to because I almost die taking them!). In fact, next time I buy this supplement, I'm going to tell @admin that if I die taking it, he has to sue you (Infinite Labs). I would tell @Wis3guy but he will be busy with his smoothies... or maybe I should tell @DaSlaya to do it, he's angry all the time anyways ;)
3. Add more Magnesium to the formula atleast 20% of the Daily Value. Removing the Amino Blend and adding more Magnesium + more milligrams to the Performance Blend sounds like a great idea!

Thanks to Outbreak Nutrition for sending it out!
  October 31, 2017

• Supports Endurance
  • Good Focus
  • Focus Could Be Better

INTRODUCTION

What's up SupplementReviews. Thanks to Outbreak Nutrition and SupplementReviews for making this possible and trusting our judgement. Sorry for the delay with this Preworkout but the problem is that I received this like 3 weeks after I requested it from the SR Troop program so within those 3 weeks, I had to request another preworkout (UXO Preworkout V2) because I thought I wasn't going to receive Pathogen. So when I received it, I was already taking UXO Preworkout V2 so I decided to finish it first, rest 1 week from stimulants and then begin with Pathogen.

I lift weight...

INTRODUCTION

I lift weights 5 times per week, from Monday to Friday, I take a preworkout every of those 5 days. I began taking Pathogen on September 4 and I finished the 28 servings on Friday October 27 (click finished on the 29th). I don't know how this lasted me so long. I tried a few preworkout samples during this time but I also gave 2-3 servings to some friends to see the effects of Pathogen on them so one thing compensates the other. I measured the scoop size when full and it was overall fine I think... when slightly full, it showed 10 grams and it was supposed to be 11.8 grams. For it to reach the 11.8 grams, I had to do like a very tiny mountain... don't know if it was because of that, I doubt it. I was going to take some pics but I forgot and I can't anymore :/ I wouldn't worry too much about this.

TASTE/MIXABILITY/DOSING

TASTE: I requested and received the flavor "Agent-Orange Pineapple". It was delicious, sometimes I was tempted to try it even without water lol. You might want to add more water than what it says though. With 8oz, the flavor is very strong so you might not like that (or maybe yes). I usually added 12oz but 10oz is fine.

MIXABILITY: Excellent mixing, never gave problems here and no foaming! Powder's conservation was excellent too.

DOSING: 1 scoop 20-30 minutes before working out. Never needed more than 1 and I don't recommending taking more than 1.

----INGREDIENT PROFILE & EFFECTIVENESS----
User "gervs11" did a good job explaining the purpose of each ingredient so I won't stop too much there, that's why I'll merge Ingredient Profile with Effectiveness. As always, I'll divide the effectiveness into several areas:

- PUMP/VASCULARITY: The 5 grams of Citrulline Malate (2:1) and 1 gram of Agmatine Sulfate did a great job. I wasn't expecting great results because I thought the 350mg of Caffeine were going to affect this area but IMO it didn't. I'm bulking so I don't expect a lot of vascularity, it was decent. Muscle fullness was great and lasted during all the workout. I also think adding 5 grams and not 6 was a good idea because sometimes 6 grams or more can make you have a bathroom trip before working out.

- ENERGY: For energy, we have a blend of 4 principal ingredients: 350mg of Caffeine Anhydrous, 125mg of Teacrine (tasteless), Theobromine and Juglans Regia Extract. Citrulline Malate indirectly helps with energy. The energy was solid, it lasted the whole workout, I could workout for 2 hours and still have energy left. I had to force myself to end my workouts, that's a feeling I love <3. That's where you know your preworkout is working at full power! Slight crash after finishing although that could maybe be because I was mixing DMHA separately. The last day I took Pathogen (Friday 27), I trained for 3 hours and I still had energy left! It was insane! lol.

- ENDURANCE/PERFORMANCE: Like I always say: "Not everything is about Pump and Vascularity. Increasing Nitric Oxide levels also provide benefits related to endurance and performance." Citrulline Malate + Agmatine + the 3.2 grams of Beta-Alanine did a good job. The tingling sensation was always present. That tells us companies don't always have to add the patented form of Beta-Alanine to feel the effects. Recovery time between sets was reduced, excellent for making 2 exercises together. As I said, I could train for a longer time without difficulties and I had to force myself to end it.

FOCUS: Focus overall was average. I had like 2 or 3 workouts where I felt the tunnel focus but overall, it helped but not so much. Those 500mg of Choline Bitartrate + the others were trying to do the job but they needed more direct reinforcements.

STRENGTH: No Creatine, No party! I tried it without Creatine first and then I added Creatine. The difference was sometimes significant although there were days I wasn't missing Creatine so there was some party afterall ;) They were not the majority though. I'm lifting heavy weights so having a preworkout give me "Increased Strength" will be more difficult each month so I won't blame Pathogen too much. I'm not going to suggest Outbreak Nutrition to add Creatine because if you feel Pathogen needs Creatine, then add it yourself. Leave the formula just like it is right now. Don't touch what works!

So to summarize, I was more than satisfied with 4 of the 5 areas, the Focus area was the one that worked the least (average) and energy the most. Overall, solid effectiveness during the 28 servings. People that tried Pathogen were also satisfied, they liked it a lot. My expectations with Pathogen were not big or let's just say they were less than with UXO Preworkout V2, I thought the Citrulline + Arginine HCL was going to be better than the Citrulline + Agmatine but I was wrong. If the focus was excellent, then this would have reached a 9.

VALUE

Outbreak Nutrition's website has it for $39.99 and A1Supplements has it for $34.99 and is giving a free shaker of Outbreak Nutrition. If you want to try this excellent effective preworkout, this is the opportunity. TigerFitness also has it for $34.99. I think $34.99 by itself is a good price. I wouldn't pay $39.99 for this because it doesn't have BCAA nor Carbohydrates but based on how it worked for me, $39.99 is still worth it. It's also available in Australia.

SIDE EFFECTS

None. I'm happy I didn't have to go to the bathroom before working out. I only had to go once and it was my fault because I had my preworkout meal like 20 minutes before working out. Combining it with a preworkout with Citrulline will definitely make you go to the bathroom before starting. Make sure to consume lot of water during workout.

CONCLUSION

Overall it worked great. Only thing that worked ok and not great was the Focus. The Strength was sometimes great, other times decent, other times average but it helped. You might feel the Strength area more than me because I'm doing my maximum weight but I could feel it and use it. If you get it, you won't repent.

SUGGESTION FOR THE COMPANY

1. Would be good if you add another ingredient for focus to take it to the next level.

Thanks to TBN Labs for sending it out!
  September 26, 2017

Pros:
 Cons:
  • Reduces DOMS
  • Reduces Recovery Time
  • High Dose Leucine
  • Nice Graphics
  • Good Marketing
  • Acid Reflux
  • Slightly Expensive

INTRODUCTION

What's up SupplementReviews. It's time to review Total BCAA 12000 from the brand Total Body Nutrition (TBN). Thanks to Total Body Nutrition for participating in the SR TROOP program and to SupplementReviews for making this connection possible. BCAAs are one of those things you can take anytime to receive its benefits. So it's always important to constantly supply with them. You really feel the difference when you supplement with them and when you don't, that's the best proof it works. I train 5 days a week, from Monday to Friday and rest during the weekend so recovering fast for the next day is something important for me. I know that maybe training 5 days in a row isn't the best way to train but well, that's what I can do. So let's begin... Oh wait, before that, thanks for the samples added. I was very surprised with the preworkout: "1,3D Nox". It's a huge proprietary blend but it hits hard! 10 sets of squats and I still had plenty of energy left lol. The strength it gave me was solid and constant too. It's an interesting product.

Also, sending like a pamphlet, brochure or booklet was a great marketing idea. The pamphlet explains each product the company has, it also lists all the flavors each product has, tells the benefits, etc. I don't know if all the products they have are in the pamphlet but they have a lot. Good job, I hope you send it to ordinary clients so they can know the variety of products you have. It's also a good quality pamphlet.

INGREDIENT PROFILE

12 grams of BCAA per serving. 30 total servings. They use a ratio of 8:2:2 which means 8g Leucine, 2g Isoleucine and 2g Valine instead of the traditional ratio 2:1:1. No fillers, no sugars, no carbs, no fats, no artificial colors/flavors. They use natural flavors (they don't say which) and Stevia. This is a very good profile. Some people claim that the 2:1:1 ratio is the best, others prefer more Leucine ratio. The thing is this: Leucine by itself provides various benefits. There's no incompatiblity between Leucine and the other BCAA (Isoleucine and Valine) because they tend to be together. So if I put in a supplement more Leucine, then I expect to feel better benefits than with a 2:1:1 ratio. That's what I expect, in theory. I understand that when an ingredient is in a compound, it doesn't necessarily "behaves" like when it's alone. But in Leucine's case, considering it's usually bonded with Isoleucine and Valine, then I think more Leucine = better results.

Leucine is the amino acid that provides the most amount of benefits regarding muscles. Some part of the Leucine also metabolizes into HMB and HICA which provides additional benefits. Leucine helps to start the muscle protein synthesis process by activating a protein called mTOR. I guess this summarizes what we all want: "Leucine appears to be the most potent of all amino acids in stimulating muscle protein synthesis."

BCAAs have plenty of benefits: Reduces muscle fatigue, delays fatigue, improves performance, provides clean energy when needed, prevents catabolism, promotes anabolism, supports muscle protein synthesis and plenty of other benefits. For more info, look it up, I already gave you a lot lol.

The only thing to criticize is the way they list this as "Protein". They did it in their other products too, they seem to be confused, somebody probably gave them a wrong advice. BCAAs are NOT Protein so don't list them as Protein. BCAAs are PART of Protein but they are not Protein. It's like if you say the Tires of a car is the car itself. No, the tires are part of the car but they are not a car themselves.

TASTE/MIXABILITY/DOSING

TASTE: I received the "Peachy Mango" flavor. It's difficult to mess up with those 2 flavors lol. BCAA's with a high ratio of Leucine will usually taste bad, Leucine is bitter so don't expect something "delicious". BUT considering most BCAA products with high ratio of Leucine taste "strange", this one was good. It had a good taste. You will sometimes feel some of the bitterness that comes from the Leucine. It wasn't tasty or delicious but it was better than "average". I was expecting something worse. The surprise is even more considering they didn't use artificial flavors, they used natural flavors and stevia. So based on all of that, good flavor! They have plenty of flavors for this product: Unflavored, Cafe Mocha, Chilled Raspberry, Farmers Grape, Icy Fruit Punch, Natural Apple, Peachy Mango, Tropical Watermelon, Wild Cherry, Zesty Lemonade.

MIXABILITY: The powder mixed fine. I usually shake for 30-60 seconds, they say to shake for 60 seconds. The thing is it creates a lot of foam. This is also expected from BCAA supplements with a high ratio of Leucine.

DOSING: Considering each serving has 12 grams of BCAA, then 1 scoop per day is enough IMO. I tried this supplement several ways: In the morning after breakfast for overall recovery, energy and to help my low protein breakfast lol. I used most servings post-workout because I wanted to get the benefits of the muscle protein synthesis so that's why I usually took it post-workout. The thing is sometimes that "Post-Workout" was before sleeping because I was very full from all the water I had during my workout + dinner and Whey Protein lol. And some days I tried it Intra-Workout, sometimes with half-scoop (6g) and other times full scoop.

EFFECTIVENESS

Like user "WarMachine" reported in his review, SOMETIMES "Any muscle DOMS, lethargy, or muscle exhaustion I would typically have following intensive training sessions in every consecutive day was reduced to nearly zero." Sometimes this happened and I was very surprised about it. It wasn't always though, sometimes this worked as an average BCAA supplement, other times higher than average but I feel the extra Leucine helped a lot with the recovery, strength, clean energy, etc. My suggestion after using this is that when you're going to use it in the morning (not related to before-during-post workout), then use half scoop twice in 2 separate moments. That way you will still be getting a good dose (4g Leucine, 1g Isoleucine, 1g Valine). You may want to use a full dose inmediately post-workout/before sleeping or a full dose during workout if you train for strength. If you're going to use it as pre-workout (never tried this this way), then I suggest half-scoop unless you're not using a preworkout.

So overall, I think this was superior in terms of Post-Workout Recovery compared to other BCAA/Amino supplements. In terms of Endurance/Performance, I think it worked similar to other BCAA/Amino supplements. I always take pre-workout though so I guess a fairer competition between both would be to take them alone and see which one works better. This was expected though, intra-workout amino acid supplements usually have some extra ingredients to help with hydration, performance, endurance, more oxygen, electrolytes, etc, so I don't really expect TBN Total BCAA 12000 to be superior to other BCAA/Amino supplements as Intra-Workout. BUT remember the post-workout recovery was better so workouts were usually better so take that into account! When I took it in the morning with my breakfast, I think it helped but it didn't come close to my favorite BCAA/Amino supplements for my morning: "Ronnie Coleman Amino-Tone + Energy" Pineapple Mango flavor <3 hahaha (Hey hey respect the first love at first sight lol). That's also expected though, the Amino-Tone + Energy has plenty of other ingredients...

I also feel the acid reflux caused by the product may be stopping this product from being the best. A good digestion is fundamental. If you have acid reflux caused by the product, then the digestion of the BCAA and the other ingredients/supplements/food won't be the best. I had to lower the Overall and Effectiveness score because of this. If this can get fixed or if this doesn't show up in other flavors, this could be considered a "9" rating supplement. (SupplementReviews standard)

VALUE

It seems this product is only sold right now at www.tbnlabs.com (which is their website). It costs $37.75 + Shipping. I think $37.75 is the fair price of this product. Comparing it with other BCAA/Aminoacid supplements might not be so fair because other products don't have this Leucine ratio. Hopefully, when this becomes available in other retailers, price can go lower, something between $30 and $35, I think this range would be more fair to customers. Shipping is $5 for 0-2lbs products, $7 for 3-6lbs, $12 for 10lbs... I guess it just keeps going up. So the final price would be $42.75, that's expensive. This is a big disadvantage you have and it's probably stopping you from having more sales. You must find a way to make it cheaper. There are some strategies you could use (figure them out, it's your job :P)

You're basically getting 60 servings of 6 grams of BCAA with 4:1:1 BCAA ratio. You can get cheaper BCAA products with 60 servings (usually with 5g per serving and with a 2:1:1 ratio though). So like I said, the price is fair, they're putting more Leucine and that must cost more. And hopefully if they distribute this to other retailers, price can decrease to something between $30 and $35.

SIDE EFFECTS

I didn't notice this was giving me acid reflux until user "mhseaver670" mentioned it in his review. I thought it happened "occasional" but when I decided to pay close attention to it, I could identify it was this supplement. Unfortunately I didn't have much servings left when "mhseaver670" posted his review. I think it's probably because of all the foaming.

CONCLUSION

Excellent profile, high dose of BCAAs, especially Leucine, which is what makes it different from the rest. Effective supplement that sometimes surprised me with eliminating all types of muscle soreness. It's versatile because you can easily take half-scoop and get a good high dose of BCAA. Value may look expensive but it's fair because of the high dose, servings, quality so it's not expensive when you take all those factors into account. They need to solve the shipping though because if you include shipping, it makes it too expensive. It needs to be widely available.

SUGGESTIONS FOR THE COMPANY

1. The acid reflux issue needs to be solved although not all users reported this side effect.
2. Make it more available to buy. That's one of the strategies to make shipping cheaper/better.
3. Find the way to make shipping cheaper.

Thanks to VMI Sports for sending it out!
  September 20, 2017

Pros:
 Cons:
  • Interesting Flavor
  • Works With VMI K-XR
  • Innovative Formula
  • Nice Name
  • Low Benefits
  • Low Vascularity
  • Low Pump
  • Prop Blend
  • Under Dosed Ingredients
  • Expensive At Two Scoop Dosages

INTRODUCTION

What's up SupplementReviews. It's time to review Vasogen powder version from the brand VMI Sports Nutrition. Thanks to them for participating in the SR TROOP program and to SupplementReviews for making this connection possible. Thank you for the samples added. My weight right now is 200 pounds, I'm bulking right now and my body fat is moderately high. But I still get to have Pumps and Vascularity, I don't expect great results on those two areas (especially Vascularity) because of what I mentioned but I expect some good results. My lifts are usually aimed for increased strength (which is why I'm bulking) but I also train for the other areas (endurance, high reps, supersets, etc). Training 5 days a week for +2 hours allows me to try several methods separately or together.

I didn't use VMI Vasogen powder everyday, which is why I took a bit longer to finish this. It's very strange that a product here at Supplement Reviews reaches a 9 and even less a 10. And when it does, we are all eager to try it. Vasogen powder received a 10 of effectiveness and 9.5 overall by a respectable user here so I guess we all wanted to see what the hype was all about. Btw, VMI Vasogen will not only be judged by the Pump and Vascularity. Like I said in my Insane Veinz review, "judging the Pump and Vascularity would be an INCOMPLETE way of judging products like this. It's all about getting most of the benefits Nitric Oxide can give us and they are way more than just getting Pump and Vascularity". Knowing this, let's see how it worked...

INGREDIENT PROFILE

Lot of users before me have already explained the ingredients one by one so I won't do it again. I like that VMI went to a different path to try and deliver results. They didn't go with the typical Citrulline, Hydromax, Arginine, Nitrates, etc formula. They used several herbs, Agmapure, Theobromine and Taurine. They did something similar with their preworkout (VMI K-XR) where they used Beta-Alanine, Theobromine and Taurine as their ingredients for Pump. It was dissapointing (like expected). But here they used better ingredients IMO because of the Agmatine. This is probably the main ingredient in this formula so it was important for me to know how much Agmatine I'm taking, unfortunately they decided to hide it in a Proprietary Blend (unlike Insane Veinz).

Overall, even with the Proprietary Blend, I was expecting good results, I trusted this formula before requesting the product. Let's see if it worked...

TASTE/MIXABILITY/DOSING

Stop being so anxious, you will have to wait a bit for the Effectiveness section. I requested the "Pineapple Passion Fruit" flavor but I received the Hawaiian Pump flavor. No problem with that. The taste of the powder without water was amazing. I thought with water it would become perfect but I was dissapointed. The taste with water went from "amazing" to "okay". Sometimes I wanted to take it without water lol, I think next time I will, maybe it will increase the effectiveness that way hahaha!

Mixability was okay, considering the herbs used, you will feel some of the powder.

DOSING: I took 1 scoop and combined it with my preworkout (UXO Preworkout V2). I tried it several ways. Sometimes I would take my preworkout first and then 10 minutes before starting I would take Vasogen. And sometimes I would just mix both powders together. Both ways provided the same results. Reading other reviews, I see almost all the users had to use 2 scoops to see the results they wanted. I never took 2 scoops because I was combining it with my preworkout so I didn't see any need to use 2 scoops. I was already taking 6g Citrulline Malate, 3g Arginine HCL, 2g Betaine + 1 scoop of Vasogen.

Damn, I told myself before starting the review that I was going to try to make this short but I'm failing lol.

EFFECTIVENESS

Keep it short, keep it short! Effectiveness was "Meh". I was very dissapointed with the results. Pump and Vascularity were moderate/low. I thought Vasogen was going to make UXO Preworkout V2 become a beast on the Pump/Vascularity area but nope, it failed, not completely but still failed. I don't know if it's because my preworkout had Citrulline and Arginine and the Agmatine might be incompatible with them. After the first days of failure, I thought it would then improve the other areas to judge: Improved endurance, reduced fatigue, faster recovery between sets, etc. But it also failed because I didn't feel any additional benefit, the benefits were coming from my preworkout, NOT the Vasogen.

I decided to give it a 5.5 because I'm going to give them the benefit of the doubt and consider that one of the reasons it failed was because of the combination between Citrulline, Arginine and Agmatine. I've tried Citrulline + Agmatine before and it has worked but not Citrulline, Arginine and Agmatine. I gave a serving to 2 friends to see if it worked on them and the results were not positive. No increased Pump/Vascularity, maybe slightly but that might have been placebo.

The interesting part is that VMI sent me a few samples of VMI K-XR (like 3 or 4 samples). I already tried that preworkout so I stayed with 1 sample (the flavor I didn't try before) and gave the other samples to my friends. Btw, the best flavor of K-XR is definitely Blueberry Raz. When we combined VMI K-XR with VMI Vasogen, the results were improved. Nothing extraordinary but we could see some moderate and solid Pump/Vascularity, something like a 7 of effectiveness. But we could only try it once because we had only 1 sample each so take that into account. Another user here reported benefits of taking K-XR and Vasogen together so apparently they work well together. This is also another reason I increased Effectiveness to 5.5.

VALUE

Amazon has this for $29.99, Suppz for $32.95, M&S for $38.99, AllStarHealth from $32 and up (There's only 1 that expires in November for $12.40), TigerFitness for $41, A1Supplements for $37.95, DPSNutrition for $36.99, their own website for $39.99. Based on the ingredients and effectiveness, it's too expensive. Based on effectiveness, I would only pay $20 for this. And if I want to think about its fair value, then $25. I wouldn't pay more than that for this. If they increase the Agmatine and get this to work with 1 scoop, then $29.99 would be fair.

SIDE EFFECTS

CONCLUSION

Interesting formula but with low results. I decided to give it a 6 overall because I'm giving them the benefit of the doubt, maybe the combination between Agmatine and Citrulline + Arginine was bad. I usually respond well to Agmatine but this was the exception. Low pump, low vascularity, low endurance, low everything. But considering how interesting the formula is, I want to give this another chance. If I can get it for $20, I'll give it another chance because I still can't believe it didn't work like I expected. If you can get it for $20-25, then try it, that's my suggestion.

Btw, the samples I tried of VMI Aminogex Ultra were great, the tropical Mango and Sweet Iced Tea. Nice formula and tasty flavor!

SUGGESTIONS FOR THE COMPANY

1. Increase the Agmatine amount and when you do, I would like to know how much Agmatine you're putting. I respect proprietary blends, the thing is I would like to know how much you're putting of the MAIN ingredient. You will have to do something about it because most reviews here say that with 1 scoop, it was "meh", they had to increase it to 2 scoops to feel something and that's already 15 servings. Nobody is going to pay that price for 15 servings of an "ok" product.
2. I don't know why the product is so expensive. With the price VMI Vasogen has, I can buy an elite preworkout that gives me elite energy, pump, vascularity, endurance, fatigue delay, etc, all in 1 product. So you will have to do something about it, maybe not use patented Agmatine and use a regular one so you can increase the dose without affecting the cost for you. Maybe reduce the Taurine to 1.5g and that way you will be able to increase the Agmatine without affecting the cost for you. There must be an alternative.

Overall
Thanks to UXO Supplements for sending it out!
  September 13, 2017

Pros:
 Cons:
  • Fully Transparent
  • Excellent Powder Conservation
  • Slightly Increased Strength
  • Increased Performance
  • Low Beta Alanine
  • Weaker Formula Than Version 1
  • Dyes

INTRODUCTION

What's up SupplementReviews. Before starting, thank you to UXO Supplements for participating in the SR TROOPS program and SupplementReviews for making the connection possible. Preworkouts are probably my favorite supplement category because its effectiveness can easily be felt, it motivates you, it gives you additional strength, energy, etc. Lifting without a preworkout is tragic! You will feel a huge difference. The preworkout offer is huge right now, hundreds of preworkouts that promise you a lot of stuff. And like any other category of things (clothes, shoes, cars, etc), there are ones that suck, others that are average, others are cheap and great, others are expensive and bad, others and expensive and great and so on. If you're one of those people that think drinking coffee can be considered a preworkout, then you really need to get out of that ignorant perspective and enter the real world of supplements.

INGREDIENT PROFILE

Fully disclosed label so positive points for that. UXO has 60 servings (1 scoop) or 30 servings (2 scoops). 1 scoop would be for people that are starting to use a preworkout or for people that do light stuff (newbies, cardio, etc). If you've already tried other preworkouts, then you can start with 2 scoops. The preworkout itself tells you to start with 2 scoops.

Amounts with 2 scoops (divide by 2 for amounts with 1 scoop):

UXO begins with 60mg of Vitamin C which is 100% of Daily Value. Vitamin C has a lot of benefits, in this case, I think they added it to increase blood flow.

6 grams of Citrulline Malate 2:1 and 3 grams of Arginine AKG: The 6 grams of Citrulline Malate are a high amount. When you see this ingredient, you want atleast a minimum of 3-4 grams and this has 6 grams. UXO used Arginine so positive points for that too. For some reason I still can't fully explain, I like when companies use a form of Arginine (HCL, AKG or especially Arginine Nitrate). Maybe it's like that first love thing lol. (Ok this made me sad). In this case, UXO used 3 grams of Arginine AKG. It's a good amount, I don't have a lot of experience with this form of Arginine, I've had great results with Arginine Nitrate. Both ingredients were added to increase nitric oxide levels and blood flow to get benefits like delay fatigue, Pumps, Vascularity, etc. More info about benefits of Citrulline Malate and how it works here: https://supplementreviews.com/ingredients/citrulline-malate || More info about benefits of Arginine AKG and how it works here: https://supplementreviews.com/ingredients/arginine-alpha-ketoglutarate

2 grams of Betaine Anhydrous: I haven't tried Betaine on its own, I've tried with other ingredients, especially Creatine. It has worked well overall but I can't really say if it's because of Betaine. Betaine helps our body produce more Creatine, it works well together with Creatine (too bad UXO Preworkout V2 doesn't has Creatine). So it is believed Betaine increases strength, improves performance, helps with muscle protein synthesis, etc. I think 2 grams is a good amount. More info about benefits of Betaine and how it works here: https://supplementreviews.com/ingredients/betaine

1.6 grams of Patented form of Beta Alanine (Carnosyn): An ingredient that you always want to see in a preworkout. The full clinical dose is 3.2 grams, this has 1.6 grams. I believe that a product doesn't need to add the full clinical dose in order to see its benefits. Why not? Because when trying the full clinical dose, the ingredient is usually tested alone, without other ingredients. In a preworkout, you get several ingredients that provide similar benefits. So if they work well together, you can get the same or better benefits with less dose. Having said that, I would have liked to see a little more Beta Alanine, something between 2-2.5 grams. Beta Alanine helps to buffer acid that is generated by exercise. The lactic acid generated is what makes us get tired and it decreases our performance, strength, etc. So Beta Alanine delays fatigue and that brings several benefits to our muscles. More info about Beta Alanine here: https://supplementreviews.com/ingredients/beta-alanine

1 gram of L-Tyrosine: Tyrosine helps to reduce and handle stress (or the perception of it). It also helps with focus, mood and other mental capacities. Even though 1 gram is acceptable, I would have liked to see a bit more amount, considering they aren't using the best form of L-Tyrosine I've tried (N-Acetyl-L-Tyrosine). So a full dose of 2 grams would have been better.

1 gram of Taurine: Taurine is one of those ingredients that it's difficult to determine its effectiveness. Taurine improves blood flow so that's a benefit for nutrient delivery to muscles. Taurine also helps with Focus, anxiety and I've always seen it as the one that controls Caffeine. It supports the Central Nervous System so yes, it helps to handle Caffeine and keep it under control. Acceptable amount. More benefits and info about Taurine here: https://supplementreviews.com/ingredients/taurine

275mg of Caffeine: Caffeine gives us energy, reduces our perception of muscular and mental fatigue, etc. Even though I can handle +300mg Caffeine well, I see as positive when preworkouts use 250-275mg of Caffeine because it tells me they are trusting the other ingredients added to help me with energy and that they don't rely exclusively on Caffeine to give me energy. If you constantly need more than 300mg of Caffeine to give you energy, then it's probably time to take some time off from Caffeine. More info about Caffeine here: https://supplementreviews.com/ingredients/caffeine

100 mg of Theanine: It helps us relax. Why put a relaxing effect in a preworkout? Well, because not everything is about more and more. It's also about control. Theanine helps to keep Caffeine under control. It also works well together with Caffeine so it's a win-win. Also remember stress is produced when we exercise so it helps to deal with that. More info about Theanine here: https://supplementreviews.com/ingredients/theanine

5mg of Bioperine: Bioperine enhances absorption of several ingredients by slowing the metabolism of the ingredients and making them stay longer in the body so that would mean the benefits will stay for a longer time and the body will be able to absorb it better. The thing is it hasn't been tried with some preworkout ingredients so this is just in theory. It has been proven in several vitamins, Curcumin, etc, though. More studies need to be done. What if our body decides to take the ingredient to other parts of the body I didn't want to because it has been exposed for a longer time?? Anyways, More info here: https://supplementreviews.com/ingredients/black-pepper-extract

Finally I'm done, that's all the ingredients. Overall, great dose and ingredients. After effectiveness, we will see what can be better...

TASTE/MIXABILITY/DOSING

*TASTE: The BEST thing of UXO Preworkout V2 is the taste. I'm in love with the taste. I went to the heaven of flavors and returned to Earth just to write the review <3 hahaha. Flavor's name is "Blue Frost". It's the only flavor they have right now. If they decide to make other flavors, hopefully they are this awesome too.

*MIXABILITY: Excellent, never gave me problems mixing it and the powder's conservation was excellent too, never clumped.

*DOSING: First few days, I took 1 scoop (half serving) just to see how it worked with 1 scoop. But normal dose is 2 scoops (1 serving) with 6-8oz water 30-45 minutes before working out. I would recommend consuming it 45 minutes before just in case the Citrulline Malate sends you to a bathroom trip lol.

EFFECTIVENESS

Yea yea, I know I took too long to reach this section. Before starting, I'll say that I took this with only half-serving (1 scoop) for a few couple of days just to see how effective it was with half-serving. I was expecting average results with that half-serving and yes, I got average results. That's not something negative though because a full serving is 2 scoops and that's how it should be judged. My workouts are usually +2 hours (yea, a lot of time) so maybe your results will be better than mine with half-serving and also with a full serving:

1. Pump/Vascularity: My expectations with getting Pump and Vascularity were high because of the ingredients used. I usually respond well to 6 grams of Citrulline Malate and they decided to add 3 grams of Arginine AKG. I was expecting a bomb here! But I was dissapointed. That's not good news because the main attribute of this Preworkout was supposed to be the Pump/Vascularity part. This is even in the Pump section here at SR, I don't know why. Pump and Vascularity were average, a slight boost but nothing special. I was expecting way more. For some strange reason, Vascularity was sometimes better the next day than even during the workout lol. Maybe my expectations were too high? I don't know. I'm obviously judging the Vascularity/Pump when my resting time was low and my reps high, just in case you're wondering if resting time is affecting the results. I even tried adding VMI Vasogen powder (which has Agmatine as the main ingredient and also other herbs) but I wasn't able to get what I was expecting...

2. Endurance/Performance: Not everything is about Pump and Vascularity. Increasing Nitric Oxide levels also provide benefits related to endurance and performance. I think the Citrulline Malate and Arginine AKG did a better job here, along with the Beta-Alanine but Beta-Alanine has to be increased to something between 2 and 2.5 grams. I was able to recover faster between sets, decrease the burning sensation between sets, increased my number of repetitions and the thing I like the most from preworkouts: I love when they make me force myself to end a workout. I could continue training for hours and hours. That's the main benefit from preworkouts that not all are able to provide. I like when I have to tell myself to stop working out, enough is enough!

3. Strength: UXO Preworkout V2 is Creatine Free. Creatine is the favorite ingredient for Strength because it's highly effective. They decided to add 2 grams of Betaine Anhydrous. I think that it did a good job but it could have been better. Some days, I wasn't able to feel increased strength but other days I was able to feel it. Ingredients like Citrulline, Arginine and Beta-Alanine all participate in the Strength area too. I have a Creatine supplement so after trying the preworkout without Creatine for a few weeks, I decided to add Creatine. The difference was significant. It went from "good job" to "excellent job" although still not "elite". Elite level for me means when you're able to increase strength AND also feel the weight more light. Not all preworkouts get this job done, the majority doesn't IMO. So even though my strength increased with the added Creatine, the weight kept feeling very heavy.

4. Energy: It was decent. Not the best, not the worst and not average so I'm happy with that. I wasn't expecting it to be the best. 275mg of Caffeine is a good "healthy" amount so good job with it. The energy lasted my entire workout and like I said above, I had to force myself to end my workouts, that's also something positive for the energy part.

5. Focus: Focus was more than average. If they want to improve it, they will need to add other ingredients or put a better form of L-Tyrosine. 1 gram got the job done but I think there's margin to improve it, maybe with some Choline Bitartrate or using N-Acetyl-L-Tyrosine (NALT).

Last week of using this, I decided to give it another chance without the added Creatine and DMHA and it worked much better than the first weeks, which is why I gave it a higher score. I was going to put something between 7-7.5, there's still something missing that doesn't make this reach the score of 8.

VALUE

UXO Preworkout Version 2 (V2) is only available right now at their own website (www.uxosupplements.com) for $35.99. They have free shipping on orders over $75. IMO, based on the price and effectiveness, the price is a little bit high, a more fair price would be something like $32 or $30 + shipping. For $35.99, I would prefer to buy other preworkouts but if I could get it for $30-32, then that would be better.

But looking at the UXO Preworkout (the original one), it has a very similar formula. The difference is that the original one has 5 grams of BCAA (V2 has none), 2 grams of Carnosyn Beta Alanine (instead of 1.6g), 300mg of Caffeine Anhydrous (instead of 275mg and not Anhydrous), Rhodiola root (V2 has none) and Yohimbe bark (V2 has none). The other ingredients are the same (6g Citrulline Malate, 3g Arginine AKG, 2g Betaine, 1g Taurine, 1g Tyrosine, 5mg Bioperine...). The UXO Preworkout original version is worth $26.99 for 20 servings. 10 less servings BUT it has 5 grams of BCAA, that's 2 supplements in 1 so that's an excellent price. If I had to choose, I would definitely buy the original version, better formula, cheaper but more complete. UXO is basically charging $10 more for 10 more servings but of a weaker formula... No idea why they removed the BCAA's and made the formula weaker.

SIDE EFFECTS

1. Happiness from the delicious taste.
2. From 30 servings, this sent me to the bathroom like 15-20 times, which is a lot. But it wasn't diarrhea or something bad, it was just the intestines moving the wastes out "in peace" lol. It's "normal" with high amounts of Citrulline Malate (although this also depends).
3. Dyes

CONCLUSION

Take into consideration that before trying this Preworkout, I had Nutrabio PRE Extreme. I've had the best results with that, the best preworkout I've taken for now. So maybe with some of my comments I'm unconsciously comparing them both, which is a little unfair. I'm happy with the results UXO Preworkout V2 gave to me although I was expecting way more from the Pump/Vascularity which was supposed to be the main attribute of this preworkout. Overall, good job!

SUGGESTIONS FOR THE COMPANY

1. Increase the Carnosyn Beta-Alanine dose. Too expensive? Then use one that is not patented, that's a possible idea.
2. Include the BCAA you removed from the original version. I don't know why you removed it in this second version but a preworkout with BCAA makes a lot of difference. Value would change a lot if you include the BCAA and still charge $35.99 because I'm basically getting 2 supplements in 1.
3. I like Yohimbe so I would like to see it in the formula too. I know some people don't like Yohimbe but I think, based on my workout routine, Yohimbe would have helped a lot with the Caffeine. Even though Energy wasn't a problem, I think Yohimbe would have made the Energy area go to the "next level". Or consider something like Synephrine instead...
4. Dyes. You use FD&C Blue 1. From what I've read (not so much), Dyes are used because they influence the perception of taste the food has to people that consume them. It's something similar to the all "$9.99" instead of "$10". Even though it's only a 1 cent difference, our perception is that the difference is way bigger, that's why companies use the 0.99, 0.50 stuff... The thing is this preworkout is not food. My shaker is black so I don't care what color the liquid is and if it was transparent, I wouldn't care either. So if the purpose of using dyes is only about the color and not the taste, then remove it, it's not necessary. But if the dye changes the taste of the flavor, then leave it as it is because the taste is amazing <3
5. Talking about flavors, consider changing the name of it to "Blue Heaven". Blue Frost sounds alright but Blue Heaven might describe it better ;)
6. Considering your experiment with Citrulline Malate and Arginine AKG unfortunately didn't work for me as expected, I would try with another combination. Maybe Arginine HCL? or instead of Arginine, use Agmatine? or Arginine Nitrate? Or Creatine Nitrate? Of course, wait for other reviews to see if it was only me because apparently it worked well for user "zbikowski88" (yea I had to copy-paste that username). I did add Agmatine to the formula sometimes and I got the same moderate results, maybe it's only me? Who knows...
7. Looking forward to your next flavor :D