Manimal

TROPHY CASE

Reviews by Manimal

May 18, 2014

Pros:
 Cons:
  • Solid Profile
  • Performance
  • Endurance
  • Best Tasting All Natural Bcaa Product
  • Nice Amount Of Citrulline Malate
  • Can't Reach Your Hand In Very Easily
  • Needs Longer Scooper
  • Label Claims Of Serving Weight Is Inaccurate
Thank you to Bare Performance Nutrition for sending this out to the ER team. I got a tub of this a few months ago and I gotta say, I was impressed. Let me first tell you about my beliefs in the Intra supplement category. I'm on the side of the research that shows it's only useful in hypocaloric dieting phases and/or fasted training sessions. That said, I used this product exclusively during the final weeks of my last contest prep. I would take 2-4 scoops before training sessions (some of them being fasted sessions).

Profile: 8/10
This is a pretty standard dosing of the actual BCAAs per 2 s...

Profile: 8/10
This is a pretty standard dosing of the actual BCAAs per 2 scoop serving. I typically use Modern BCAA from USP Labs and although nearly impossible to gauge, I feel like the 8-1-1 ratio of Leucine/IsoLeucine/Valine could possible trump this. However, Bare Performance threw a nice twist into the blend. You get a fairly clinical dose of the following: Vitamin B6, Citrulline Malate, L-Carnitine L-Tartrate, and the latest pump ingredient to hit the industry- Agmatine Sulfate. I like it!

I was using this during my "digging phase" near the end of my prep. Those of you who have competed know these times can be dark. You are simply hitting the gym with the purpose of stimulating the muscle enough to maintain what you have. The pre-gym excitement takes a significant blow during these times because your pumps aren't what they used to be, your joints ache from not having much cushion, and your energy levels are short-lived. Using this product absolutely helped fuel me a bit through these workouts. I noticed a slight increase in pumps, endurance, and a decrease in my lethargy. Having tried Modern BCAA during these times previously, I wanted to give another product the ultimate test. Intra Flight certainly seemed to pass.

Taste/Mixability: 9/10
Did I mention this product is flavored with Stevia? When I saw that on the label, I admit, I had low hopes for the taste. I'm a big fan of artificial sweeteners because well...They taste good and most research suggests they are safe for consumption (contrary to popular belief). So having a natural sweetener that I don't usually like raised an eyebrow or two. From the first scoop to the last, I thoroughly (And surprisingly) enjoyed the lemon-aid flavor. The flavor is incredibly smooth, mixes just as well as other BCAA products, and it's not overly sweet nor underly sweet. I feel like they just about knocked it out of the park.

This product isn't widely available yet. I've only seen it on Illpumpyouup.com and amazon and the best deal appears to be 30 or so bucks after shipping at the first site I mentioned. That means you pay about a dollar a serving; that is, unless you are taking more occasionally, like I did. The BCAA dose is fine, however you would have to take 1.5 - 2 servings to get the most benefits out of the pump ingredients and L-carnitine.

Overview: I like the product and I feel like I put it through ultimate test. Anyone can supplement BCAAs when they have a nice calorie surplus, hormones in balance, and sleep not being a constant battle. I'm giving it high ratings over-all.
My only actual gripe with the product is the container shape/size and the label claim of the serving weight. It's a long cylindrical shape, the scooper falls short of reaching the product when it's nearing it's end, and I couldn't fit my hand all the way in to get to the last week or so's worth. I use my food scale religiously. I weigh just about everything. When weighing this, I noticed that 2 level scoops actually takes you over what's stated on the label by about 4-5 grams. Keep this in mind. You may be using more than you want/need and find the container running out sooner than expected.

Would I recommend?
Depends. If you are on a restricted calorie diet for prolonged periods or doing fasted training sessions, Yes I will absolutely recommend this. It will help sustain some endurance in the gym, pumps, and delay fatigue. Otherwise, I say save your money unless you have the extra cash laying around. It certainly isn't going to hurt you to supplement BCAAs.

Overall
Overall
3.0
3.0
2.0
  April 4, 2014

Pros:
 Cons:
  • Clinical Doses Of Creatine And Beta-alanine In 2 Scoop Serving
  • Solid Taste
  • No Pumps
  • Proprietary Blend Was Used
  • No Energy Received
First, I want to give thanks to the guys over at EVL for sending this to me as an expert reviewer. They also threw in a few extra samples, a sweet beanie, and some shades, which I wear on the reg. Incredibly nice gesture. However, as an expert reviewer, I still have a job to do and I can't give points for receiving a freebie goodie bag (albeit an awesome one).

Quick Look

Quick Look
This pre workout has an appealing profile at first including all the ingredients we know to be effective: Creatine, beta-alanine, caffeine, etc. NOTE: it would appear that I was sent a previous formula which is slightly different from the one showing on retailer sites now. The newer formula contains agmatine and has traded creatine HCL for magnesium chelate and betaine nitrate for anhydrous. Looks like it may even have more caffeine so take this in.

Profile: 4/10
Upon first glance, it would appear we have a winner here. A two scoop serving yields clinical doses of beta alanine and creatine, which is the only real thing I look at in a pre workout, outside of stim content.
Betaine nitrate, tyrosine, choline, pikatropin, and huperzine all get a thumbs up but these ingredients don't win any trophies. EVL has a solid foundation in a pre workout as far as the ingredients used, but as always, it's in the dose. I use pre workout primarily for stimulants and I just didn't feel like this gave a kick at all. So although a lot of the profile is revealed, immediate points are taken for using a proprietary blend and appearing to lack on stimulant content.

Like I said, I just didn't feel this served me well. I was taking it during my contest prep in a fasted state typically. That means two things. My tolerance to stimulants was above average at the time and stimulants kick harder in a fasted state. However, I received more of a boost from an average light roast cup of coffee than I did this product. I would take it 10-20 minutes before I started my workout and would feel absolutely no kick. In fact, It seemed to leave me less energized within the half hour of consuming. The creatine and beta-alanine seemed to serve their purpose and it was hard to gauge focus from pikatropin and huperzine because well...I'm always focused during contest prep.

Taste: 9/10
I received the fruit punch and it is absolutely delicious. It's not too sweet but definitely reminds me of a kool-aid I consumed on a daily basis, back in the day, as a fat kid. Unfortunately, taste doesn't get results so this has little effect on the overall rating.

As always with expert reviewer shipments, since I did not pay for the product, I'll gauge off the price that appears cheapest in online retailers and the results I received. ENGN receives it's lowest score here. You're looking at spending 29.99 before shipping on this. 2 scoops gets you clinical doses which means you are paying 30+ dollars for 15 workouts if you want the full benefits of most of the ingredients. Now if the product gave me more of a boost (or any sort of boost), it would score higher here.

Overall/Overview: 3/10
I can't justify giving this a higher rating than this. As mentioned, EVL has a knowledge base in what ingredients to use but perhaps they need to check their dosing or look into adding other stimulants. Some companies purposely go for low stim profiles in order to cater to non-jitter-seeking customers and that's okay. I don't know if that was EVL's intent, but if I can't feel anything from a two scoop serving and the caffeine content is not revealed, I'm going to have to assume it is severely lacking in the ingredients.

So with all this said, I do not recommend ENGN unless you are one of those that have their day ruined by consuming a small cup of coffee or an energy drink. Also, perhaps the newer formula yields more benefits. I'm still grateful for the opportunity and look forward to EVL's future as a supplement company.

February 1, 2014

• Gmp And Fda Inspected
  • No Proprietary Blends
  • Tinglayy Sensation
  • Not Sold By Big Name Distributors
Shout out to Nutrabio for hooking the ER squad up with multiple batches of the powder and the pill version of this. I received both and it was a nice stock up, as I only recently finished the containers.

Quick look at Beta-Alanine:

Quick look at Beta-Alanine:
This is a modified version of the amino acid Alanine. Essentially, this ingredient is shown to convert into Carnosine, once ingested, which acts an an acid buffer in the body. What's that good for? Well unlike most supplements on the market, there is actually some solid research backing the claims in this supplement, which is widely known to induce the "tingles". A hand-full of the studies and meta-analysis done in actual athletes show benefits such as 2.5% increase in muscle endurance, as well as small, measurable boosts in VO2 max and and power output when training to exhaustion. It doesn't seem like a huge difference but I feel it's enough to deem consistent supplementation. Someone on a hypo-caloric diet can certainly benefit from that 2.5%, as I have been using this during my entire contest prep which started back in October for me.

Profile: 10/10
Solid clinical dose of 3.2g of CarnoSyn Beta-Alanine per scoop or per 4 capsules of the pill version. No fillers or random aminos attached to the profile, no proprietary blends. Just solid. This is also manufactured in a GMP & FDA inspected facility which is something every supplement company and consumer should strive for.

Dosing: 10/10
Easy to take. The scoop is very small and the capsules are a typical size that most can swallow with no issues. Beta-Alanine isn't really shown to have an acute effect but some, such as myself, do like to dose pre workout in order to get the tingle sensation going. No research indicates a need for cycling off this supplement but you are welcome to do so, if you would like the enhanced tingle effect to return.

Taste: N/A
This powder is unflavored and virtually tasteless when mixed with something like a pre workout or a protein shake. Can't really give a rating since a tasteless product should be just that...tasteless. No points deducted here though.

Results/Benefits: 9/10
Certainly seemed to help maintain my endurance in the gym while dieting down for my show, which is in two weeks. I don't get the super tingly sensation like I did upon starting the product, but that is known to decline with prolonged used of Beta-Alanine. I enjoy the tingly feeling (which seems to be more pronounced when taken with food) and it helps me get motivated to push through my workouts. Some don't enjoy this feeling. It's something you have to gauge for yourself with trying the product.

Price/Value: 9/10
I see this typically for 20 bucks, give or take, around a few sites like amazon. Problem is, it's not on the primary sites most gym-goers order from (Allstarhealth, BB.com, tigerfitness, just to name a few). I think it would be good for them to get the product out a little more to other distributors, which I hope to aide in with this review. Going off the clinical 3.2g dose used in studies, you get 60 servings out of the capsule container and a whopping 120 servings out of the powder tub. Not too shabby.

I'm giving this a near-perfect rating, only because Beta-Alanine won't yield you super significant results. However, Nutrabio did come out with what seems to be a pure, well priced product and for that I'm awarding them a 9/10 and recommending that any athletes give beta-alanine a try. If you are worried about the difference between products in this category (carnosyn, purity issues, etc), certainly go with this one. I may or may not order it again until I see it in more retailers, only because I am picky about what online sites I order from. I enjoyed the product though and would like to thank Nutrabio again for delivering. Give it a whirl.

January 17, 2014

• Mixes Great
  • Amino Acid Profile
  • Creamy Texture
  • Good Protein Blend
  • A Little Pricey
  • Would Like A Creatine Free Version
I received several small bags of this a while back from the ER program. So obviously, the shout out goes to the king, Ronnie Coleman for being a part of our forum here and hooking us up. This is protein so I'm not gonna spend too much time here, as I consider protein just a food supplement to fill in the gaps where you are missing protein in your diet. But I will give Ronnie his dues here.

The profile: 7/10

The profile: 7/10
Pro Antium is a blend, yielding whey concentrate, milk protein isolate, whey isolate, whey hydrolisate, Miscellar casein, Egg albumin, and calcium caseinates (listed in order of abundance). You get some of the higher end as well as the lower end types of protein. The difference in these are typically negligent but worth sharing. You also get 5g of good ol creatine monohydrate, some MCTs, and Betaine. The amino acid profile is on par as well, here.

My thoughts on this: I do like the fact that I can have a scoop of this and my daily creatine intake is hit. However, this can yield a small issue if you are consuming more than one scoop a day. You only need 3-5g of creatine mono a day to reap the benefits so my daily use with this is limited, where as with a creatine-free protein, I can throw in two scoops to make a thicker smoothie or a bigger serving in general. This is also a higher calorie formula, bringing 192 kcals, 4g of fat, 10g of carbs, and 29g of protein. I wouldn't deem this optimal for the competitive bodybuilder on poverty macros and a large caloric deficit. But for most, this is a pretty reasonable profile.

Taste/mixability: 9/10
As most have stated, Ronnie pretty much nailed the taste with this. I got the vanilla wafer crisp and I enjoy it, although I can't remember the last time I actually mixed protein powder in water so I can't say for that aspect. I usually make a whey sludge or a smoothie.

You'll find that a tub of this protein runs you in the 50-60 dollar range in most places, yielding 50 servings per tub. I suppose if you are to take a serving a day (which I'm held to do with the creatine content), it would last you 50 days. I don't see a high value here though since creatine mono is dirt cheap. It's not a rip-off by any means and could certainly fit in most peoples' budget. I would something like this to be a bit lower on the price range to be competitive for my purchase though.

Ronnie, I love your protein but I'd like to see it without creatine and a bit of a lower price to earn a higher rating. With that said, I do enjoy it and I will try it out again sometime in the future. I'd recommend this protein to anyone who likes the higher calorie content and typically doesn't use much protein powder (unlike myself). If you are in that category and don't like buying creatine separate, certainly give this a go as you will enjoy the taste and get a quality blend of proteins and creatine.

November 27, 2013

Pros:
 Cons:
  • Great Ingredient Profile
  • Increased Libido
  • Feel More Driven
  • Daa In Pill Form
  • Libido Through The Roof
  • Increased Muscle Hardness
  • Slight Increased Mood Swings
  • Price Is A Little High
A big thank you to Lecheek for hooking this up with our Expert Reviewer team. I don't really run a lot of test boosters but seeing that I'm climbing in my 20s, I figured I may get a small benefit from something like this.

Application of the product:
I used this during my off-season when I was on the Wendler 5/3/1 program. I was increasing calories in a slow linear fashion in hopes to keep my gains lean and permanent. I also practice flexible dieting and Intermittent Fasting. My bodyweight fluctuated from the high 170s-180 lb during the use of this.

Lecheek brought...

Application of the product:

Profile: 8/10
Lecheek brought a good profile to the table here. The clinical dose of DAA, some Fenugreek, and Androsta-3,5-diene-7,17-dione (also known as a metabolite of 7-KETO DHEA or "Arimistane".) DAA is coming up in the market drastically and for good reason. Blood work is certainly in the ingredient's favor, so I was happy to see this in here.

The Fenugreek, widely used in testosterone supplements, was cool too. It doesn't have quite the research backing it up that I would like to see but it has it's place here.

Androsta-3,5-diene-7,17-dione
This ingredient is commonly seen in some popular products on the market (PES Erase Pro, just to name one). People usually just refer to it as Arimistane for it's anti-cortisol and Armoatase inhibiting properties. I personally haven't seen peer review for this, but every time I have taken it, I certainly feel like a drying/leaning effect takes place. Joints tend to get slightly achy as well (although that was not experienced with this product). This could be placebo effect, but DHEA and it's metabolites certainly have their place in the industry as well.

The way my program was set up on the Wendler 5/3/1, coupled with my dedication, slow, progressive gains were almost a given. But after my first week on TX3, I certainly noticed a bit of a hardening effect and increased endurance in the gym. My PRs I was breaking on a weekly basis seemed a little bit easier. I also noticed my libido was significantly increased. I definitely felt something going on here, whether it was from the DAA or it's neighboring ingredients in the profile.

As far as side-effects go, I didn't experience much besides some mood swings. I would go from depressed to angry near the end of the bottle, notably more than usual. It didn't help that I had so much on my plate with school, work, and life in general. I think this really depends on your life situations. A product that actually boosts testosterone may increase the risk of mood swings more but I don't believe they will stem directly from the product itself.

It doesn't seem a whole lot of places carry Lecheek right now. I believe the lowest I've seen it for is ~40+ dollars (after shipping). I think this is priced a little high for what you get. I actually had better results with Purus Lab's D-POL powder, which is significantly cheaper than TX3. If they could get more retailers to carry them and lower the price a little bit, I would give it a higher rating here.

With the value score given, this brings the overall down for me by one notch. I really like the profile and the benefits the product seemed to yield. Lecheek has a bunch of great people working for them too. They are all very helpful and friendly and I was sent a shirt a while back too, which was awesome of them. I recommend the product if you have some extra cash. This is definitely up there with the top DAA products and it helped me grit through some PRs during my time on the product. I only recommend this if you are 21 years of age or older though. Most people below and even at that age don't need natural test boosters. Thanks again, to Lecheek for the opportunity!

November 4, 2013

• Quality Protein Blend
  • Greater Satiety
  • Good Mix-ability
  • Good Macro Nutrient Profile
  • 3g Of Fiber/serving
  • Versatile
    This review is long over-due. USP Labs hooked me up with a tub and some samples of this near it's release and I have to say thank you for that. I have been using it pretty consistently ever since trying it and as a busy full time college student, Protein powders are an asset for me. I have gone through 4 tubs of this now.

Let me begin with stating that I view protein supplements as food sources. I do not believe in the post workout anabolic window of opportunity, nor the need for slow digesting proteins near bed during your sleeping fast. I have been practicing Intermittent Fasting (16/8) for almost a year now and I also use Flexible Dieting. As most of you know, I track my calories and macro nutrients consistently and take my diet pretty seriously. So I'll gauge my review on the following categories: Ingredient profile, taste, mix-ability, and value.

Profile: 8/10
    USP brought a basic, yet satisfying, profile to their first ever protein product. I like the macro nutrient profile @ 140 calories per serving. The protein blend consists of 80% good ol' Whey concentrates and 20% Micellar casein (the higher quality casein). Following up with that, you get some CLA, fiber, enzymes, and tasty artificial sweeteners.

If you have seen the write-ups from the company on their star child protein, you'll see where they have tried to uncover the scams going on in the protein market. Many companies will add free form amino acids which can falsify nitrogen tests in labs, allowing them to basically state you are getting more protein in grams than you actually are on the label. Not cool right? Think about paying for 5 lbs of chicken breast and only getting 2 lbs. Not trying to do that with chicken, nor my protein supplements. So props to USP for not taking this route and giving us what we are paying for.

Taste: 8/10
    Yep. USP scored very well here. This is one of the few, possibly the only category, where I do see taste as a higher priority. Using protein powders as a food supplement and being a flexible dieter, I like taste in my diet, specially when contest prepping. Both the chocolate and the vanilla are something to be desired by virtually anyone with a sweet tooth. Although I am more into vanilla these days, I prefer the chocolate flavor OEProtein. It's definitely more on the rich side and I enjoy it with milk, water, oats, or even making protein smoothies. I've even used it as a base for cold cereals, successfully.

Mix-ability: 7/10
    Due to the guar gum, fiber, and casein content, this protein is a tad thicker than your average one. If you enjoy making sludge, you may find that you need more liquid than usual. I definitely love the consistency here though. Some proteins (I won't name any names) are basically like drinking a light chocolate flavored water (gross). I typically use blender bottles, a blender, or even the old fashioned glass and spoon when making basic shakes. Oxy Elite protein, although thicker as mentioned, passes all my personal tests.

Let's face it fellas. We aren't gonna be looking at a dirt cheap quality whey protein any time in the near future. I still dig Allstarhealth as my go-to site and you can find USP labs's OEProtein on there for 30 bucks + flat rate shipping currently. 25 servings per tub at 30 bucks a tup, do the math.... Not the worst price I've ever seen by any means.

I was incredibly happy to see USP Labs put their effort into a protein supplement and get that foot in the door. I've been an avid user of the brand since the release of Jack3d and Recreate, when I was just a highschool student wondering into the gym to do bro curls and bench press every day. I haven't had insane results with every product from them, but I can say I've had more success with them as a whole than any other company to date. I enjoy this protein and I'll continue to keep switching it in and out of my supplement arsenal. Pick some up if you haven't tried it.

July 17, 2013

Pros:
     Cons:
    • Easy To Take
    • Some Cognitive/focus Benefits
    • Helped Mind Muscle Connection Slightly
    • Ingredients Not Widely Familiar
    • Slightly Expensive
    • Nothing To Write Home About
    This review is long overdue and I apologize. This product had tons of hype and tons of different results so I wanted to give it a true chance. I ran 1 bottle and decided I wasn't sure what it did. Typically, if you have to play the guessing game with a supplement's effectiveness, it's a bust. However, I decided to run two more bottles back to back and work with the dosing protocol.

Dosing: 10/10

Take one cap a day. Boom. I even tried taking twice a day on some occasions but the caps are easy to take and it's an easy protocol to follow. I am currently (and have been for 10 months now) on the Wendler 5/3/1 program and slowing increasing calories in a lean bulk fashion. I take occasional pre workout stims, multi, Beta-Alanine, and creatine.

Ingredients: ?/10

The ingredients- Aegeline and Citicolline.
    Aegeline was originally used as an aphrodisiac but some research may point to higher doses showing an anabolic response. We are still waiting on more valid data on this one.

Citicolline's use is a little more studied as it has been used moderately for things such as Alzheimer's, ADHD, Parkinson's, and even brain trauma. It basically comes down to helping boost the brain's phosphatidylcholine levels which shows cognitive function benefits.

USP may be on to something but for the time being, we can't really say these ingredients yield significant benefits.

After running three bottles of Versa-1, I feel I can truly gauge the effectiveness. I do feel this helped me get in the groove a little better, specially on my days where I was fatigued. This wasn't significant enough to merit a high rating but I feel it did do a little something. I took it plenty of times with and without pre workout stims to be fair in it's rating and I still felt like I was a little more into it and focused during the non-stimmed days. Bottom line though, this stuff won't break PRs for you or do anything crazy. I didn't notice any increase in hardness, alpha male attitude, vascularity, etc like some explained. I track macro nutrients and training progress consistently so it is in my favor that I will yield more results than your typical gym-goer. I expected a little more but I'm not upset with USP Labs.

This product is typically around 35-40 dollars depending on where you buy. A little over a dollar a serving for something that is not heavily researched may not grab the consumer's eye. I didn't experience anabolic effects but I feel there were some cognitive benefits to the product. If you feel like you could use a mental boost in the gym, this may be worth a shot, specially if you don't like to take pre workout supplements containing stimulants.

In conclusion, I say this is worth a shot but don't expect anything crazy. I wouldn't call this a staple but I may throw it back in my supplement regimen down the road sometime.

July 17, 2013

Pros:
     Cons:
    • No Hidden Ingredients
    • Increased Strength
    • Muscle Fullness And Density
    • Clinical Doses Of Ingredients
    • Creapure!
    • A Little Pricey
    • Label Will Catch Newbs Off-guard Just Use 1 Scoop A Day Everyday
    Big shout out to the guys over at Cellucor for giving me and my fellow expert reviewers tubs of this to try. They actually sent me two tubs, one being granny smith apple and the other blue raspberry. This is a creatine review so lets keep it short n' sweet.

Ingredients: 9/10

We all know by now that Creapure is touted as the highest purity monohydrate. Big thumbs up here for using this.

Ingredients: 9/10

Betaine Anhydrous: This goes by several different names (Trimethylglycine being the most popular). In a blend of research between animals and humans, some data indicates benefits for cell production, liver health, fat loss, and lean mass. This ingredient probably isn't a necessary one but we will take it.

Cinnulin (Cinnamon Bark Extract): We all know cinnamon's affect on glucose metabolism but I believe Cellucor was throwing this in here in regards to the benefits it shows with creatine uptake. I do not know if this is empirical as I have not really looked into it. Again, probably not a necessary ingredient but not a bad thing by any means.

We also have some electrolytes thrown in the mix. Cool.

Dosing: 7/10

I gave this a lower rating because of the dosing protocol listed on the label. Cellucor gives the option to take 2 scoops a day and actually insists on beginning with a loading phase. Now we do have solid data showing that this is not a necessity. Clinical doses of creatine monohydrate fall under 3-5g/day and you do not need more, nor do you have to partake in any silly loading phases. I just took 1 scoop a day, every day, which got me 60 servings (as opposed to the 30 listed on the label).

Taste: 10/10
    Like I said, I received the Granny Smith Apple and Blue Raspberry. Both of them are delicious. I feared the granny smith would be a bit tart but it is actually really smooth and mixes well not only by itself but with any other pre workout supplements, even if they are among a different flavor. The blue raspberry is also very delightful to drink and mix with pre workouts, BCAAs, etc.

This works just as well as any other creatine I've taken. I do not cycle off creatine (which is just fine at 3-5g a day) so had I started taking a bad quality product, I probably would have immediately noticed a drawback in my training as well as my pumps.

Taking this at the correct dose that I listed above, the value actually isn't too shabby on this. Roughly 35 bucks for 60 servings isn't the cheapest Creapure you will find but then again, we have other ingredients in here as well as flavoring. I'd like to see a decline in this price because brands such as Optimum Nutrition and Primaforce are still a major competitor for my purchase.

Creatine should be a staple for any athlete. I don't care if it's aerobic or anaerobic sports. The research is there and Creatine Monohydrate is proven to be more beneficial than probably 90% of the supplements in the market today. Cellucor performed well here with a nice profile, taste, mix-ability, and a kick ass container to boot. Although there are slightly cheaper options, I do recommend it if you don't mind spending a few extra bones.

May 16, 2013

Pros:
     Cons:
    • Tastes Good
    • Strength Gains
    • Increased Muscle Hardness
    • Increased Sex Stamina
    • Increased Libido
    • Awesome Pumps
    • Solid Ingredient Profile
      Huge thanks and shout out to Purus Labs and the ER program for hooking me up with a tub of this free of charge.

For those of us who have been consumers in this industry for quite some time, it's no secret that the category of natural testosterone boosters is perhaps one of the bigger scams in the market. Most of these products may yield a negligible 3-5% increase in test at best. Fortunately, I think we can say that is not the case with Purus Lab's golden child that is D-POL. Sure the name is a little cheesy, resembling that of the widely known oral steroid D-bol, but I received some pretty notable benefits on this supplement and there is a lot of promising science supporting the claims. I'm currently in my off-season utilizing Intermittent Fasting (16/8) and the Wendler 531 program. I ran D-POL immediately following 4 weeks on USP Labs's Test Powder with my usual multi vitamin, fish oil, protein, and creatine (no AI or anything crazy). Let's begin.

Introduction:
      D-aspartic Acid (or DAA for short) is making it's name in the market with it's significant ability to actually boost free testosterone. Blood work results are popping up more often and I've seen as high as 33% increases in the hormone, which is pretty damn impressive for something that is natural. Purus gave this product the clinical 3g dose of DAA which is a good thing. The other active ingredients include a generous dose of Vitamin D3 which is the biologically active form of Vitamin D and is crucial for many things, including freeing up testosterone. I like the fact that Purus recognized all the new research coming out on D3 and decided to include it in the mix. The other super star in the ingredient profile is the added Nitrates. Nitrates are also making some noise in the market as they are pretty much a pure form of Nitric Oxide, rather than the silly L-Arginine that we once thought was the ultimate game changer. Some nitrates are even prescribed to heart patients so we can confidently say these are affective. These are shown to actually aide in vasodilation which won't turn you into Ronnie Coleman over night but it can aide in pumps and nutrient uptake.

Dosing/Flavor: 10/10
      DAA is known to be disgusting in the powder form. There's no doubt it's hard to flavor but Purus hit this one out of the park. The Custard Creme doesn't sound too appetizing but I found it extremely pleasant to drink. It's great for masking unflavored creatine as well. The one scoop a day dose is easy and mixes fairly well, leaving only a few grits of powder at the bottom of a glass when mixed with a spoon. I typically had mine 30 minutes pre workout on an empty stomach and on off-days it was taken with my first meal.

I am 22. My test levels are more than likely normal or above average. However, all the tell-tale signs of an increase in testosterone were there. I had some mild acne show up on my forehead on and off, increased gym stamina, increased strength, and incredibly heightened libido. The rumors about the pumps in the gym are true as well. I'm still in my prime when it comes to frisking the ladies but after my second week on the product, I was pulling all night shag sessions with my lady friends. Erections were more pronounced and my sex stamina was insane. Some of the rumors about the slight increase in testicle size...I think they may be true. Obviously I wasn't measuring my boys but let's face it- I'm a dude and my hands always seem to be down there when I'm reading a book or watching the tube and things felt just a little bit above average size throughout the usage of the product.. I'm being completely srs right now.. I also hit several PRs in the gym while taking D-POL which I can't attribute fully to the product because of the pure effectiveness of the Wendler training program, my tedious tracking of macro nutrients, and somewhat strict sleep schedule.

This product can be found just shy of 20 bucks on allstarhealth.com before 5 dollar shipping right now.. While some companies are out there selling their under-par test boosters for 100+ dollars, Purus is keeping the ingredient profile simple and effective while also keeping moths from flying out of wallets. I received this for free but I can dig that price and I hope that it doesn't climb over time.

I'm not huge on test boosters but I had did enjoy the month I was on D-POL. I won't go as far as to say this is a necessity in the supplement arsenal of someone my age, but it can enhance your sex and training life a bit. I think this is definitely a good product for those in their late 20s and up who have experienced the legitimate toll of decreasing testosterone levels. I'm giving this supplement a great rating but there are no miracle supplements. To yield the greatest benefits, one should be tracking macro nutrients and utilizing some form of progressive overload in resistance training with compound lifts being the focus.

This stuff is definitely worth a try, specially for you older cats.

April 14, 2013

Pros:
       Cons:
      • Tastes Good
      • Beta-alanine Tingles
      • Decent Pumps
      • Prop Blend
      • Quick Fade Energy
      • Not Many Servings
      • Value
      • Under-dosed Profile
      First, I would like to thank Lecheek Nutrition for giving me the opportunity as an Expert Reviewer to try this. I've been wanting to try some of their products for quite some time now, after noticing the buzz taking place here at SR.com.

I'm currently in my off-season and utilizing the Wendler 531 program with the bodybuilding assistance template. I do Intermittent Fasting 16/8 so stims typically hit me super hard, specially when I train fasted. I run long days with school, work, and training, so pre workout supplements come in great handy for me. My first impression of the ingredient profile for Speed x3 was a positive one. I was excited to try it. However, I found that it just did not deliver for me. I will explain.

Profile: 3/10
      This is where the product lacks. Immediately, the good stuff comes to mind- Beta alanine, agmatine sulfate, Caffeine, Synephrine HCL, and Yohimbe (including Yohimbine HCL). I thought for sure this would merit some benefits but the dreaded Proprietary blend takes it's toll. 1 scoop gets you just shy of 2g of the blend and 1-3 scoops may be taken. The scoop size is 3g so I'm assuming the other gram comes from artificial sweeteners. I have speculation that this product is primarily beta-alanine and agmatine, since they are listed first on the profile.

I received plenty of tingles and decent pumps but the energy aspect (or lack there of) wasn't anything special. The stim effect is what I deem the most important for myself. I received a great initial buzz as I sipped it on the way to the gym and it woke me up from my long days walking on the massive WVU campus. However, when I actually got into the gym, the buzz was said and done within minutes. Focus didn't seem to be there either and that can make or break a workout. I tried taking it before I started my first working set and it seemed to help a little but it just couldn't cut it for me. Within 10-20 minutes I felt like I did not have any caffeine in my system at all. I have a pretty moderate sensitivity to pre workout supplements, meaning I usually get away with the intermediate dose. I tried 3 scoops of Speed x3 multiple times and received the same results.

I had the privilege of receiving this for free but the price seems so-so. It appears to be 20-30 bucks around the online retailers. At the full 3 scoop serving, which is what I typically took, you get ~13 workouts for that price. Results can make this worth it but I didn't receive the benefits I wanted.

Taste: 9/10
      This is a great attribute to the product. Unfortunately, flavor doesn't get results. The exotic fruit punch is extremely tasty, smooth, and mixes great. If taste is a high priority and you get a better stim effect than I do, this could be a great pre supplement for you.

I feel like there is just something missing in this product. I'm fine without it having creatine and actually prefer it because I take creatine on it's own every day. I think Lecheek has the ingredient list right for the most part but the results is in the dose. Perhaps some Schisandra Chinensis, huperzine, and some more stims would help.

Stim-sensitive users get my recommendation. For those of you who bank on stims and crazy jitters like myself, this may not be for you.