Kgolden087

• Reputation is somewhat low. (+10)
  • Member was only active for 1 month, and was last online 4 years ago
  • Member has only posted 1 review
  • Low community participation

Reviews by Kgolden087

Overall
Overall
  February 20, 2016

Pros:
 Cons:
  • Taste Great
  • Good Texture

I am a med school student and fitness enthusiast. I seek out great tasting and healthy products to get me through long days of class, power through my workout sessions, and provide the nutrients I need to keep healthy, build strength, and improve. I love trying all kinds of products and sharing my opinion, so I was excited to come across Supplement Reviews and offer some thoughts on things I've tried, including protein powders, BCAAs, protein bars, and pre-workouts.

Not the best, but not terrible. We've got some protein blend with whey, ...

Not the best, but not terrible. We've got some protein blend with whey, milk, and soy protein isolates, some fiber, a bit of sugar and sucralose, and a few other not so natural ingredients, but the list isn't as bad as some other protein bars. Combat Crunch bars run around 200 calories with a nice 20g of protein, while also offering a decent amount of fiber and calcium with little sugar (5g).

These are some of the best protein bars I've had. The taste is amazing, and there is a wide range of flavors to enjoy. They don't have a weird chemical taste, and taste like some kind of candy bar. Personally, my favorites are the Cinnamon Twist (kind of like a coffee cake) and Chocolate Cake (rich and chocolatey). The texture is also great. They are not dry, grainy, and chewy like many bars, but soft and smooth, with a flavored coating on top. They are the perfect size for a snack between meals, and easy to pull out in the middle of a lecture when I feel some hangriness coming on.

Very good. They keep me from getting hungry for at least a few hours, and help me stay energized. With long days, I sometimes don't get to eat for a while, and I started running into a problem where I would feel a bit lightheaded and couldn't focus well. I began packing these to snack on, and I no longer encounter that problem. They are a great alternative to the snacks and foods sold at our cafeteria, and a healthy alternative if you are craving sweets or dessert. The high protein content not only helps keep me awake and stave off hunger, but also helps me meet my daily protein goal, as I am trying to build strength. They are tasty and convenient.

This is my biggest problem with Combat Crunch, and what prevents me from buying stacks of boxes. They are pretty pricey compared to many other bars, and typically cost about $3.

Side Effects

I did not note any side effects.

Conclusion

Overall, these are among the best tasting protein bars on the market. There are many tasty flavor options, and they provide a quick, convenient, and healthy snack to fuel your day, keep you from getting hungry, beat cravings for sweets, and get you a good amount of protein. They are a bit expensive, but these are my go-to protein bars and definitely worth a try.