JayT

• Member has been active for 7 years, and was last online today
  • Linked social media account

TROPHY CASE

Reviews by JayT

Thanks to NutraBio for sending it out!
----Introduction + Ingredient Profile----
We all know that BCAAs are important for muscle growth because they are the "building blocks" of muscles. NutraBio uses high quality fermented BCAAs at 5 g a scoop in the recommended 2:1:1 ratio. There is 2.5 g of leucine, 1.25 g of isoleucine and 1.25 g of valine. BCAAs are essential for muscle repair and growth. They are best taken around your workout. The fermented BCAAs are cool because they are vegan and have no chance of being sourced from animal hair/feathers. With the flavored versions, you get a little over a gram of flavoring. I am not really a fan of the artificial flavoring and sweeteners, but they do offer a natural BCAA product.

Taste 6/10: I requested and received the tropical fruit punch flavor. I chose this one because I tried their tropical fruit punch in their Intra Blast and loved it. I know that BCAAs are bitter on their own, but I do not think they masked the bitterness enough with this one. The flavoring was really light and it just tasted really watered down and a bit bitter. Maybe another flavor would be better, but I would not get this one again. I normally used about 16-24 oz. of water. You could use less and get a stronger taste, but I like to make sure I drink enough water around my workouts.

Mixability 7/10: BCAAs are hard to mix because they do not dissolve quickly in water, but this foamed a lot and some was left over on the sides. I have definitely had a lot better mixing products from NutraBio, but you kind of cannot blame them totally for the BCAAs because that is just a quality of them.

Dosing 10/10: They recommend two scoops a day, split up into separate servings. They recommend using 16 oz. of water. I chose to do 1.5-2 scoops intra workout because I felt like that is easiest and I believe that is the best time to take BCAAs anyway.

BCAAs are most notably used to help decrease muscle soreness. Was my DOMS completely gone? No, but it was reduced a good amount. Another popular use for BCAA drinks is for the hydration factor. Now this did not have any additional hydration ingredients, but the flavoring does give you something to drink. I did not care too much for this flavor, but I guess it is better than drinking water the whole time. I have recently started the police academy, so I have stopped lifting weights for the past three weeks or so. I have been doing a lot of running and body weight exercises and my recovery is fine. Even the few weeks prior to the academy when I was lifting still my recovery was enhanced. I must disclose that I was simultaneously taking NutraBio's Reload, so that could have skewed the recovery a bit. However, 5 g of 2:1:1 ratio of BCAAs are the studied dosages, so I am sure it helped.

Suppz has this for just under $27 (plus shipping) and the flavor I received came with 63 servings. If you are taking the recommended two scoops a day, you are getting over 31 days worth of BCAAs and it still costs under a $1 a day. That is a good price for the quality in these. Of course you can get BCAAs cheaper, but they may come from sketchy sources. If you use 1-1.5 scoops a day, the value obviously becomes even better and the tub will last you longer. Suppz occasionally runs discounts so you may be able to find this for cheaper.

Side Effects

Nothing to report.

Conclusion

Overall, I would recommend this product. The value is great and it works. The flavoring of the tropical fruit punch needs to at least be tweaked in my opinion. Thank you NutraBio for sending it out.
 Pros:
 Cons:
  • Simple Product
  • Reduces Muscle Soreness
  • Right Ratio Of Aminos
  • Chalky Taste

Thanks to NutraBio for sending it out!

I have not really tried casein in a long time, but after trying this, I may have to keep casein around as a staple. I have used Optimum Nutrition's casein and Dymatize's Casein probably four years ago. NutraBio's casein was the first pure caseins I have tried since then (I have had a few blends over the years). Since finishing the NB Casein, I am now onto Kaged's Kasein which is good as well.

This is a very clean label; the vanilla flavor contains 110 calories, 0.5 g fat, 2 g carbs, and guaranteed 25 g of slow digesting protein. I am sure you are all aware, but for anyone who is not, casein is good to provide you with aminos over an extended period of time. It normally takes six hours--give or take a couple--to fully digest and perfect for when you will not have food for a few hours. That is why many use it before bed or in between meals. It is also very effective when used in combination with whey protein post workout. You will not really find a more clean, true label than NutraBio's. Included is 5 g of BCAAs per scoop. I also like how it is non-GMO and soy free.

Taste 10/10: Received the vanilla and this flavor was great. It was really good even in just plain water, but it was delicious in unsweetened vanilla almond milk. I used 8 oz. of milk and I found that was the perfect amount. It was not overly thick, but it was an enjoyable consistency. I would not really recommend anything over 8 oz. because it could lead to nightly bathroom breaks. I honestly looked forward to this every night. I would like to give the other flavors a try in the future.

Mixability 7/10: From what I remember about caseins, they never mixed well and were always clumpy. This one seemed to mix just a bit better, but there was still a lot of clumps and residue on the sides on the cup. That is just to be expected with a casein though.

Dosing 10/10: It is a protein; basically take it as needed. The best time to take casein is before bed, but any time during the day is fine as well.

I loved taking this right before bed nightly. Usually by that time I start to get a little hungry and I do not really want to have a big meal at that time obviously, so this was perfect to have just before falling asleep. I only used this pre-bed and I really think I am going to have to add this as a staple from now on just because I liked having it before bed to get rid of any late night hunger and just because it tasted so great. I cannot really say it helped from a recovery standpoint or added any muscle, but that will come over time as long as you are consistent with your workouts and diet.

This is one of the higher priced caseins on the market, but I would buy this because of its quality and taste. Now that NB is branching out to online websites (Suppz, BB, etc), you could possibly find this on a deal when the sites run them. Full price, it will cost you about $40 for 28 servings (excluding shipping) to equal $1.43 a serving. There is also a five pound jug available which will help out on the price per serving a bit. With the five pound jug, you get 71 servings for $80 (shipping not included). That comes out to $1.13 which is a lot better of a deal. Like I said too, you may be able to find a coupon on NB stuff in the future on the websites I mentioned to get the price even lower.

Side Effects

If you drink too much water, you will have to pee really badly at night.

Conclusion

This was a great protein and it was enjoyable from the first scoop to the last. Once I finish the Kasein I bought a while back, I will be using one of those two caseins as a staple from here on out. I definitely recommend you look out for deals for this and give it a shot. Thank you NB for sending it out!
 Pros:
 Cons:
  • 100 % Micellar Casein
  • Great Profile
  • Versatile
  • Best Mixing Casein I've Tried
  • Taste Great
  • Sucralose
  • Can Be Expensive

Thanks to CSA Nutrition for sending it out!

I use creatine year round and always am interested in trying new types that come out. CSA's Podium Gold looked interesting because it was basically a two in one product that most of us use on a daily basis already.

Each scoop provides 4500 mg of CarnoForge which is a trademarked proprietary blend of beta alanine and creatine monohydrate. This blend is touted to provide the athlete with enhanced strength and speed. These two ingredients are bonded and buffered to greatly increase the absorbability and bioavailablity. Without being buffered, creatine converts to creatinine faster which you do not really want. This product is free of any banned substances. Single ingredient supplement, so not much to talk about here.

Taste: I received the unflavored powder and this was truly unflavored. This did not affect the taste of anything I mixed it in. If you are looking for a flavored powder, they should have them in stock shortly if they do not have them already.

Mixability 5/10: There is a lot of settling with this supplement. Creatine monohydrate and beta-alanine are pretty course, grainy powders by themselves, so this is pretty much expected.

Dosing 8/10: One scoop daily for person weighing less than 200 lbs. Two scoops daily for person weighing over 200 lbs. They recommend taking one scoop before or after workout if you weigh under 200 and for anyone over 200, you could take one scoop in the morning and one post workout.

Okay so I decided to kind of take it upon myself to go with 1.5-1.75 scoops since I only weighed slightly above 200 pounds. I dosed this at about the .75 marking on the scoop each time. I chose to mix it with my pre-workout and with my post-workout. Figured I was getting a little bit extra beta-alanine and creatine in my pre workout anyway. I just took one heaping scoop in the mornings on my off day (Sunday). The beta-alanine tingles were definitely felt and increased the amount that I would have gotten from a pre-workout alone.

I noticed that my strength increased or stayed the same as I upped the frequency of my workouts over the past month or two. I have decreased my calories since the winter and increased the amount of cardio I have done, so strength most likely should have decreased. For the most part, that was not the case. I have increased in reps or weight in almost every exercise except for bench, which I cannot seem to make any progress on for the life of me lol. For my main five lifts, I have been keeping reps low, but working with more sets than I have in the winter. I have also been doing a lot more isolation exercises in the 12-15 rep range and it seems that I have recovered decently while using this.

For whatever reason, the powder will cost more than the tablets off of the CSA website. For 60 servings, you can purchase the powder for $43.99 and the tablets for $34.99 (excluding any shipping costs). If you could get by with one serving a day, it is not that bad of price, but if you are using two servings a day, it is probably considered pricey for a month run of a creatine blend. I guess you do have to remember that you are getting creatine and beta-alanine in one, so maybe this could be used as a pre-workout if you are cycling off stimulants for the month.

Side Effects

I did not notice anything.

Conclusion

I enjoyed my run of this product and would recommend it if you are in the market for a blended creatine. It was an interesting ingredient that proved to be effective. Thank you to CSA for sending this out. I will definitely be on the lookout for any future products of yours.
  • Increased Strength
  • Better Recovery
  • Bit Too Expensive

Thanks to Catalyst by Strength.com for sending it out!
----Introduction + Ingredient Profile----
Protein is a staple supplement, and I am always willing to try new brands of protein if I believe they are to be of high-quality. This protein really caught my attention because of three big reasons: 1. It comes from grass-fed cows. Any meat that I have eaten for the past two years have come from free-range, pasture-fed, humanely raised animals. I am not trying to sound like a big D-bag by saying that, I just believe in the ethics of them being raised that way, the benefit it has on our environment, and how much healthier it is for you. Not to mention the taste in grass-fed red meat especially. The increase in price is worth it for me. Now, I am not totally sure the cows used to make the protein for Catalyst Whey are completely grass-fed because I believe that as long as they have some access to grass they can be considered grass-fed. However, it is better than nothing in my opinion. Most protein powders that are labeled as being grass-fed are ridiculously high in price. For that I cannot justify spending that much more money for a protein powder. 2. It is said to be a 3-1 ratio of isolate to concentrate according to Strength.com. We know that isolate is a higher quality than concentrate. Do not think I have to say much more about that. 3. It is naturally sweetened with Stevia. I always prefer the naturally sweetened supplements over the ones made with Sucralose and Ace-k when possible. Other things to like are that it is low in calories (110), on the higher side of protein with 24g of it, low in fat (0.5), and contains only 3 g of carbs.

Taste 7/10: I received the Belgian Chocolate and the initial taste was probably a 9/10. It was great at first. However, there was a bitter aftertaste where I had to deduct two points. Like I said above, I prefer Stevia to artificial sweeteners, but I know that it could result in that bitterness. I have had MyProtein's Impact Whey sweetened with Stevia and that does not contain that bitterness.

Mixability 8/10: This was not a perfect mixing protein; it clumped up a little bit. Kind of on the lower end of proteins which are mostly isolate, but not awful.

Dosing 10/10: They suggest mixing one scoop in 12 oz. cold water and to drink first thing in the morning or throughout the day. We know protein can be taken however the user sees fit. I took this immediately post-workout in 8 oz. almond milk or blended up as a smoothie.

I did not have any issues digesting this protein. I found that the taste was great aside from the final few sips. Throwing it in a smoothie basically took care of the aftertaste though. I was working out six times a week while using this and stuck with one scoop post-workout. Strength gains were consistent and recovery was on par with all other proteins I have had in the past.

If you do not mind having the Strawberry flavor, that could be found on Amazon for $35 and it is Prime eligible. With about 30 servings, that comes out to $1.17 a serving. For some reason, I cannot find the chocolate or vanilla on Amazon. All three flavors could be found on Strength.com and that will run you $45 for 30 servings coming out to $1.50 each. I believe this protein competes with all of the other higher end proteins on the market and feel the $1.17 per serving is pretty competitive for the quality in here. I like strawberry proteins for the most part, so that is what I would purchase in the future.

Side Effects

None except bitter aftertaste.

Conclusion

Really enjoyed this protein. I think if they could tone down the Stevia a bit more and get this out to other websites for sale/offer bigger sized containers, it would be one of the top proteins on the market. I am definitely interested in purchasing this in the future and would 100% recommend it.
 Pros:
 Cons:
  • Grass Fed Sources
  • Low Fat And Carb Profile
  • NSF Certified
  • Naturally Sweetened
  • Mostly Isolate
  • Bitter Aftertaste
  • Only Available In 2 Lbs

I never saw or heard of these before I came across these protein bars while I was at Walmart. I looked over the ingredients and nutrition facts and ended up purchasing a few boxes of them.

In my opinion, there is plenty to like about these Oatmega bars. What initially caught my eye was the grass-fed whey right on the front of the box. I looked a little closer and saw that it was non-GMO, low in sugar, and gluten free. Sometimes with the more health conscious bars that you will find, they will contain gluten which is a cheap way to raise the protein content. The primary ingredient is a grass-fed whey protein blend of concentrate and isolate. Overall, there is 14 g of protein in each bar. Another nice addition is that these contain 300 mg of Omega-3s. Of course this is not a huge amount of Omega-3s, but the more in your diet, the better. The Omega-3s come from responsibly caught fish oils. The other macros are 7 g of fat, 21 g of carbs (7 of which are fiber and only 5 g sugar). Only 190 calories in each bar, so this is perfect for a little convenient snack. I attached an ingredient label and nutrition profile so you can look it over more. That one came off of the chocolate mint crisp bar.

Taste

To date, I have tried four different flavors. I thought all four were pretty good. I have tried the brownie, chocolate mint, chocolate peanut, and lemon chia bars. Honestly, they were not the best tasting bars that I have had, but they were good enough where I enjoyed eating them. Currently, they offer eight different flavors. They are on the softer side and do not really have much of a texture to them. These bars are not overly sweet and the flavors of each bar do come through nicely.

These bars provided me with enough calories to hold me over until I could eat a meal. They are convenient and small enough to bring with you anywhere. The macro profiles are not the greatest, but for the ingredients that are in here (nothing artificial, no cheap sources of protein) they get the job done. They tasted fine, so they were easy to get down. Some bars are so gross they make it a chore eating. They digested properly; never gave me any problems there. Between the ingredients, profile, and taste, I think that these may be my favorite protein bars that I have tried so far.

This is what really separates these bars from others that I have tried in the past. I found these at Walmart in boxes of four bars for less than $6. That means each bar comes out to less than $1.50 each. Very affordable pricing and extremely worth it in my opinion for the quality of these. You do have to take in consideration that these are smaller bars, but I would still prefer these almost any other bar on the market. These are available at other places such as Target and Whole Foods according to their website, but I am not sure of the exact pricing.

Side Effects

Conclusion

100% recommend these if you are into the natural bars. Even if you are not too worried about ingredients, I think you should still check these out. There should be a flavor that you would enjoy to try. I will be looking to try the other four flavors sometime in the future.
 Pros:
 Cons:
  • High Quality Ingredients
  • Convenient
  • Many Flavors
  • On The Smaller Side

Thanks to VMI Sports Nutrition for sending it out!

Estrogen blockers are not really something I am well-versed in. I have only tried a couple in the past and AlphaMax and AlphaMax XT which were a test booster and estrogen blocker in one. Estrogen blockers normally give you a drier look, increase strength, and increase in libido, but may also cause some joint discomfort.

Most of these ingredients were new to me except the AstraGin. Calcium-D-Glucarate begins the profile and this seems to detoxify the body of bad enzymes by breaking them down and then your kidneys filtering them out. Next is DIM, which is found in vegetables such as broccoli, and it helps regulate estrogen. It could also prevent the conversion of testosterone into estrogen. I always saw that broccoli was a good estrogen blocker, but never really read too much into it. Indole-3-Carbinol is the third ingredient in the "estrogen destroyer matrix" and this ingredient is also found in broccoli and it can also decrease estrogen levels. Finally there is Chrysin which can help produce testosterone and prevent the conversion of testosterone to estrogen. However, this is poorly absorbed orally. All the ingredients contained in here are linked to estrogen prevention/decrease in someway. Note to VMI: not a fan of the gelatin/dyed capsules.

VMI suggests taking a serving 20 minutes before your last meal of the day or 20 minutes prior to sleeping. I chose to take the serving 20 minutes prior to bed as I felt like that would be easiest. I kept the dosing protocol consistent throughout the 30 day duration.

When I started taking this, I was already taking M-Test, which is a natural test booster. I started taking Arima-XD about the same time as starting the second bottle of M-Test. A natural test booster does not require an estrogen blocker, but I think it is a good idea to pair the two together for best results. Obviously I cannot say how well this works on an actual cycle.

Like I said earlier, I was already noticing a bit of improved vascularity and libido from M-Test. Once the Arima-XD kicked in (probably about a week in), I really started to notice a drier look even though I was weighing 210-215. Shoulders and chest were popping with veins after workouts. This honestly probably was the most vascular I have ever been and not anywhere near my lowest body fat percentage. I am sure running this while I am even leaner would produce even better results. I also noticed that libido was increased. Strength gains were not really too over the top.

A big disadvantage of an AI like this is that you have to expect your joints to dry up. My knees were really bothering me a couple weeks into the bottle and lasted the duration of it. A joint supplement would really benefit those who take it.

You could find this for just about $33 which is a pretty good value.

Side Effects

Dry joints; especially knees.

Conclusion

I thought this was a good estrogen blocker and would recommend it. I actually am starting to believe that estrogen blockers are more effective than natural testosterone boosters, in my case anyway. Thank you VMI for sending this out!.
  • Increased Libido
  • Improved Vascularity
  • Dry Joints

Thanks to Competitive Edge Labs for sending it out!

Upon first seeing M-Test come up on the dashboard, I was really hoping I would be able to try this out. Obviously I was able to claim a bottle and Competitive Edge Labs was nice enough to send two bottles so I could run it for a full eight weeks.

This ingredient profile was really impressive and even more so that it is fully disclosed. There are a few similarities to another test booster I have tried recently in AlphaMax XT. The ingredients that were similar are Urtica Dioica aka stinging nettle which may increase free testosterone and increase strength and libido. It also acts as a diuretic. The Tongkat Ali herb can increase libido and sexual drive. Boron citrate which is a mineral shown to increase both free and total testosterone. And the final ingredient that was in both products was the Mucuna Pruriens which can increase growth hormone and total testosterone through its main ingredient, L-Dopa. It could also raise mood and reduce cortisol. I have had the KSM-66 in Inspired Nutraceutical's LGND. This trademarked ingredient can help reduce cortisol and increase testosterone. There were two ingredients I do not recall having in another product: the PrimaVie and Fadogia Agrestis. PrimaVie is another trademarked ingredient that may help male sexual health and can improve endurance and fitness levels. The Fadogia has been considered a very strong aphrodisiac although there are not any studies on humans. As you can see, all of these ingredients can help in someway with testosterone or male health. Just have to throw in that I am not a fan of the gelatin capsules or the dyes. A vegetarian capsule would be ideal for me.

Three capsules taken twice a day. This is pretty normal for testosterone boosters. Every other test booster I have taken has a dosing protocol similar to this.

Being that I just recently only turned 26, I have not ran a lot of testosterone boosters in the past. However, I have run a few in the past, so I have a decent understanding of what to expect with them.

Probably the most noticeable effect I got from M-Test was a huge increase in appetite. I could eat all day and still not ever be full. I guess this could be considered good or bad, depending on your goals. I would not suggest this for a cut though, just for that reason. I was trying to stay around 3500 calories a day, but on some days I had closer to 4000. I was really trying to stay lean this year. I made the mistake last year of increasing my calories too much during the winter and it took me way longer to cut down. Now that I have come off of this for about a week, my appetite has come back down a little. Another positive effect was that my muscles seemed fuller especially in my shoulder/trap area. Vascularity was improved a little bit in the arms and shoulders. Occasionally even had some in my chest. I always felt energized going to the gym while running M-Test. What I mean by this is that I really did not have "force" myself going to the gym. I am not saying that going to the gym is a chore for me without this, but some days I just do not feel 100% up to going. Lastly, I felt a slight boost in libido. Nothing over the top there, but enough.

A few things that may be considered a disappointment while running this are that I did not have any extra aggression or acne flare ups. I guess that may be considered more of a positive, but normally those are tell tale signs that the product is working. However, the biggest disappointment for me was that I do not think the strength gains were too outstanding. I mean I definitely got stronger on it, but I think it was more due to the program I was on. Not completely sure, but then again you cannot really expect anything too substantial with a natural test booster.

$30 for a month's run on a few different sites is a very fair price for this label. However, I thought this really shined at two full bottles and that is what I would recommend if you were to purchase it.

Side Effects

Nothing to report.

Conclusion

Honestly my expectations were really high with M-Test. I think that it came pretty close to meeting those expectations. I would run this again sometime in the future and would recommend it to others, especially our older members who want to stay natural. Thank you CEL for the chance!
 Pros:
 Cons:
  • Increased Appetite
  • Increased Drive
  • Increased Libido
  • Disclosed Label
  • Minor Increase In Strength

Thanks to VMI Sports Nutrition for sending it out!

When I first requested this product, I had noted that I would like to try the unflavored creatine due to the addition of artificial dyes in their flavored creatines. Artificial dyes causes a huge flare up of my eczema and is actually the reason why I switched to a mostly organic diet a few years ago. I originally missed the note that they wanted to send out their flavored ones and ended up receiving lemon-lime. Ultimately that was my fault and would not have even requested to try it if I saw that note in the first place. Anyway, I PMed the rep asking if I could pay to have it exchanged or something to try and find a solution. VMI ended up sending the unflavored one and told me to give the lemon-lime to someone who could use it. Thought that was cool of them and speaks for their customer service.

This is a blend of three different creatines: Magnapower, creatine citrate, and creatine pyruvate. They are all dosed at 1.2 g each. There is also 200 mg of sodium chloride to assist with pumps and help with bloating. The citrate is their accelerated absorbed creatine, pyruvate for a medium range digestion, and Magnapower for extended release. I think that is a cool idea to have in a creatine. One thing that I noticed which was pretty odd was that the scoops in the unflavored and flavored creatines were the same even though there is over 1.5 g of inactive ingredients in the flavored creatines.

Taste: With the unflavored, it was pretty sour and salty. Not a big deal though.

Mixability: Never mixed it in anything, just straight with water/pre-workout to chase.

Dosing: They recommend one scoop 15-30 minutes pre-workout and you could take an additional 1-2 scoops post-workout for recovery. I just went one scoop pre-workout because that's normally when I take my creatine.

With creatine products, you can normally expect a slight increase in strength and maybe some additional recovery. My strength steadily progressed during the run with SMART creatine. I have been using a high-quality source of creatine for a while now. I have used CreaPure, NutraBio's blended creatine, Inspired Nutraceutical's creatine, and then went to SMART without any break. Honestly I never really noticed a huge difference between any of them, so they either all work well or do not work at all lol. However, I think with creatine being one of the more researched supplements in the industry, it leads me to believe they are all high-quality products. One thing I have to say for this product though is that I thought I received a pretty good pump from it. I was never really sore while taking this, but I have been doing very low volume workouts so I am unsure how much that could be due to the workouts themselves.

AllStarNutrition has this for $26.00 for their watermelon flavor and a $5.95 flat rate shipping price. Their unflavored and lemon-lime are a little more expensive for some reason. For a 30 serving creatine product, it is kind of on the pricey side considering what CreaPure goes for. If you know that you respond better to different creatines or a blend, I think it is worth it then.

Side Effects

Did not notice anything negative.

Conclusion

Overall, I think it was a good creatine. I think a good creatine is a must for us working out and would recommend this if you are a responder to blended creatines. Thank you VMI for the chance to run this.
 Pros:
 Cons:
  • Muscle Endurance
  • Full Label Disclosure
  • Better Pump
  • Increased Power

----Introduction + Ingredient Profile----
You have probably all heard of the Lenny and Larry cookie by now. I am surprised there are not more reviews on this. Anyway, I really prefer these to most protein bars on the market. Most of the time, you will find many questionable/low-quality ingredients in protein bars and they are pretty expensive on top of that. L&L cookies contain no soy, artificial ingredients, sugar alcohols, are vegan, kosher, and non-GMO. These do contain gluten, so if you follow a gluten free diet, unfortunately these are not for you. With that said, I think these still appeal to a wide range of people who are looking for healthier alternatives to snacks.

The macro profiles range a bit on the flavor of cookie you consume, but a serving (for the chocolate chip cookie) is 180 calories with 6 g fat, 24 g of carbs--4 of which are fiber and 14 are sugars--and 8 g of protein. However, note that is a half of the 4 ounce cookie. Obviously double that if you eat the whole thing. The protein found in the cookies come from pea protein isolate, brown rice protein, and wheat gluten.

Taste 10/10

So far I have bought every flavor I have seen at my local Walmart (chocolate chip, snickerdoodle, white chocolate macadamia, and double chocolate). I have not yet had one that I did not truly enjoy. They offer plenty more flavors and would like to try all of them if I come across them. The texture on these are on the softer/chewier size but they do not crumble easily or anything like that. Definitely feels like a well made cookie. All cookies I have tried are the 4 ounce cookies so that is what I am basing my review off of. L&L also now makes a smaller 2 ounce cookie, but I have read that the 2 ounce cookies do not taste as well as the 4 ounce. People have stated that the 2 ounce cookies are thinner and therefore more dry. Again, I have not tried the 2 ounce, so take that with a grain of salt.

The macro profile is not the greatest because it is pretty carb heavy and contains a lot of sugars, but it is a cookie after all. I guess it is pretty well-rounded profile and could even be used on a cut as a snack if you can restrain yourself and eat just half of it at a time. I have been using these as a treat right after my Friday workout. I always look forward to them and they provide me with carbs and protein right after a workout. Since I am not really too concerned with calories currently, I have been eating the whole thing. I just have it packed in my gym bag on Fridays and eat it as I am walking out of the gym. These never gave me any trouble digestion wise and I would still be able to eat dinner after. On the other hand, these could have held me over for probably 2-3 after until I had to eat. Fridays is when I get my haircut after the gym, so that is one of the reasons why I chose to consume these on Fridays.

I mentioned earlier I have picked these up at Walmart and is really the only place I have seen them in-store. As far as I know, Walmart is nation-wide, so these should be pretty easy to get your hands on. For a box of four 4 ounce cookies, I paid $6 for them. I think that is a really good value for a profile like this with high-quality ingredients. Per cookie that runs you $1.50 per, which I do not mind paying. If you want to get technical, it comes out to $0.75 a serving. Most protein bars usually will cost anywhere from $1.50-$2+ and contain many questionable and artificial ingredients. The L&L website offers the 2 ounce cookies and their full range of flavors. They also offer a variety pack so you can try most of the cookies they offer. You will have to pay a bit more on their website though.

Side Effects

None. Could be a cut killer if you do not restrain yourself though. lol

Conclusion

Definitely give these a shot if you have not done so already. You should be able to find a flavor that you like at an affordable price. If you enjoy snacks as much as I do, this provides you with a win-win.
  • Natural Ingredients
  • Plenty Flavors
  • Taste Great
  • Carb Heavy

Thanks to TOREM for sending it out!

Before claiming this, I was not really looking to lose weight. However, I figured with the holidays approaching and a profile that looked great, I decided to claim a box to help keep unwanted fat off.

Like I stated right above, the ingredient profile is what really caught my eye. Out of six ingredients, four of them are trademarked. The capsule itself is plant derived and does not come from gelatin or contain any dyes which is a huge plus for me.

In each serving you get 250 mg of InnoSlim which reduces glucose absorption and increases fat burning. There is 250 mg of green tea extract which is a very common ingredient in non-stim fat burners. Torem has probably put the highest concentrated green tea extract in Neco-Adipem--that I have seen anyway--at 98% polyphenols and 70% EGCG. Third ingredient is garcinia cambogia which may be touted as a "Dr. Oz weight-loss fad ingredient". I have used GC as a standalone ingredient before for a month's run over a year back with decent results. The science behind it is that it is supposed to limit carbs converting to fat. Another ingredient is Advantra Z at 50 mg which can mildly reduce appetite and improve the breakdown of fat cells. Next is capsimax at 50 mg that can help raise core temperature. Finally there is ActiGin that can support endurance and recovery dosed at 25 mg. One little comment: it just bothers me when companies do not list their ingredients in descending order. It does not appear like the ingredients are in any specific order and in my opinion would look a bit cleaner if they were in descending order. Not a big deal though.

Packaging/Dosing

Packaging 10/10: This product comes in a little box that contains sixty individual packets. In each packet there is one serving (two capsules) that provides a convenient way to take these with you if needed. Really I do not think I have seen another product packaged so nicely.

Dosing 8/10: Take two capsules daily with food. For best results, take two capsules before breakfast and two capsules before dinner. Only confusing thing is one sentence says with food other says before food; I just took it before food because that is how I always used fat burners.

Since I was not trying to cut weight and focus more on a lean bulk, the scale is not the best judge here. I was not really eating breakfast during my run with Neco-Adipem as I was carb backloading, so I chose to dose it as one packet when I woke up to keep my appetite down and one packet either pre-workout or if I was not training that day, one packet before dinner.

I was also running a test booster simultaneously during the course of using NA so I was wondering how it would affect my appetite. I found that my appetite was reduced and that I really would not have a problem going almost 16 hours without food on most occasions. Probably from 10pm-2pm the next day I really would not eat anything and only drink water or some BCAAs. I never really felt super hungry or dealt with hunger pangs. After finishing NA and start my second bottle of my test booster, I believe my appetite has almost doubled and led me to increase my calories and do away with the CBL diet altogether.

As far as energy goes, I felt a little bit more alert and productive during the day. Paired with my pre-workout I was able to workout for an extended period of time. Never any jitters since it lacks caffeine and was nice to be able to pair it with a preworkout. With other fat burners that contain caffeine and other stimulants, you either have to cut out a pre altogether or at least half the serving.

I never felt a thermo effect during the day as I was sitting around or even much at work like I have with other supplements, but this gave me a decent thermo boost during my workouts. I would sweat a little more while training and I did not feel like I needed to use the sauna as much this past month or so because I would sweat so much while working out. I am not sure it affected my recovery or endurance in the gym, though. I was not really doing much cardio, so I do not think I am the best to judge the endurance I may have experienced. I am sure if I ran this product at a caloric deficit come springtime, the results will be much more apparent.

Just under $60 either on Amazon or Torem's website is pretty pricey for a month's supply. You are looking at a little under $2 a day for a stim-free fat burner. I know the ingredients are top quality, but there are just so many other fat burners out there for half the price. Maybe they may have to reconsider the fancy packaging to cut costs somewhere to get the price down to a more competitive level. The packaging is really nice, but me personally, I would rather save money on the product instead of having individual packets.

Side Effects

None!

Conclusion

I really think this was the best stim-free fat burner I have tried. It reduced my appetite and made me sweat a lot more in the gym. It allowed me to enjoy the holidays and keep weight gain to a minimum. I definitely would like to try this out for a full run come spring when I actually go into a cut. I think the results will be even better. Just hope they can work on the price a little by then as they continue to grow. Thank you Torem for allowing me to try this!
 Pros:
 Cons:
  • Enhances Definition
  • No Jitters