JayT

TROPHY CASE

Reviews by JayT

August 3, 2018

Pros:
 Cons:
  • High Fiber
  • Natural Ingredients
  • No Artificial Colors Or Sweeteners
  • Vegan Friendly
  • Whey Free
  • Expensive When Not On Sale
  • Sticky Coating

Great tasting bar that uses clean ingredients and loaded with fiber. Can be a bit pricey when not on sale.

I saw these a while ago on bodybuilding.com and they were having like a 50% off sale on the whole Nourish + Bloom line, so I decided to get two boxes of each flavor (which basically made it BOGO free). This is my second product of theirs; I have recently reviewed their greens product. So far, nothing but good things to say about their products.

Depending on the flavor you choose, you are looking at 220 calo...

Depending on the flavor you choose, you are looking at 220 calories, 11 g of fat (2.5 g saturated), 24 g of carbs (17 g fiber, 4 g sugar), 15 g of protein. I do not think this is bad at all. Comparing this with Garden Of Life's organic plant based bar, there are 60 less calories, 2 g more fat, 10 g less carbs (7 g more fiber, 4 g less sugar), and 5 g less protein. One of the most impressive aspects about the Nourish + Bloom bars is the amount of fiber it contains. At 17 g per bar, you are getting just under 70% of your daily fiber intake right here.

These are vegan bars, non-GMO, gluten-free, soy-free, and use many organic ingredients. Some of the ingredients they use are almond/cashew butter, pea protein, almonds/cherries, cocoa, coconut oil, flax seeds, chia seeds, spirulina, chlorella, kale, spinach, etc. Really high-quality ingredients in a protein bar.

Taste/Texture

Taste: These come in two flavors: cherry quinoa crunch (9/10) and chocolate almond biscotti (8/10). I originally really preferred the cherry quinoa flavor, but the chocolate almond grew on me a lot. They are not necessarily strong flavors, but they both did have hints of their respected flavors. The cherry quinoa tasted a little sweeter in my opinion, but they both contain the same amount of sugar according to the labels. I loved the taste of these bars though, and I would rate them as probably one of the top tasting bars that use natural ingredients. They also are not overly sweetened with sugars, so to me that is really impressive. I would usually have one bar at night if I was craving a sweet or just hungry before bedtime.

Texture: These are soft, chewy bars with a bit of a crunch coming from the pea protein crisps in the cherry bar and almonds in the chocolate bar. The bars were sticky on the outside though, so I would suggest keeping them in the wrapper.

These are highly addicting in my opinion. One bar was enough to keep me satiated at night when I was craving something sweet or really just hungry in general. These are fairly low in sugar and net carbs, so I did not mind having these right before bed. There is also a good amount of fat and a lot of fiber in here, so it should digest slowly. These did not upset my stomach in any way even with all the fiber included in these. These were one of the better tasting bars I have ever had. I usually include taste in the effectiveness in protein bars since you have to treat this as food. You are not going to want to eat it regardless of how great the macros are if it tastes awful. But yeah, the cherry quinoa was really good and the chocolate almond was okay at first, but then really grew on me.

Convenience is always a positive when it comes to protein bars, as these are ready to go if you want to have a snack while at work or a long day out or something like that.

These are $36 for 12 bars on bodybuilding.com making each bar $3. That is a bit high in my opinion, especially when you can get similar bars for $1 less like the Garden Of Life plant based bar. I do think the ingredients of these bars are better than most that I have seen in the past since they use some super foods in them, but still it is a bit pricey. I was able to get these at over half off through BB.com, so I ended up buying a few boxes of each flavor which makes the value much better. BB.com usually has discounts pretty frequently, so I would look for a discount to purchase these.

Side Effects

Conclusion

A very well put together bar. The protein is a bit low, but that is not too big of a concern for me. I would definitely recommend these to anyone especially if you follow a vegan diet. If you see these as a deal online, I would suggest grabbing a box because they were that good.

July 21, 2018

Pros:
 Cons:
  • Fully Disclosed
  • Third Party Tested
  • Veggie Caps
  • Low Melatonin
  • Improved Sleep
  • Non Drowsy
  • Pricey
  • Did Not Help Fall Asleep Faster

Simple formula. Did not allow me to fall asleep faster, but woke up feeling refreshed.

Final review of the three Genius Brand products I got a few months go. This was their sleep aid that I wanted to try out.

This is a bit of a simple ingredient profile. They only include five ingredients and only one is a trademarked ingredient. First is glycine at 1 g which is an amino acid that can improve the overall quality of sleep and allow you to feel more alert in the mornings. Next is TheaKalm at 100 mg that can help you feel calm and relaxed. Third ingredient is rutaecarpine at 100 mg which can "cleanse" the body of caffeine. Then there is inositol at 100 mg that works well with melatonin and can help reduce depressive symptoms. Lastly there is melatonin at 0.5 mg that is a pretty common ingredient that improves the overall quality of one's sleep.

This is a decent profile that is very similar to Legion's Lunar supplement. From what I remember, Genius Sleep Aid worked better for me for whatever reason. Maybe I will have to give Lunar another shot.

Anyway, I liked that it came in a veggie cap and was not a powder. I am not really a fan of drinking anything too closely to bedtime. That is always pretty ironic to me - companies making a powdered sleep formula that may cause the user to have to wake up during the middle of the night to use the restroom. Kind of makes the supplement useless at that point.

Two caps (one serving) 30 minutes before bed. They say Genius Sleep Aid is best when taken five nights per week with two days off. That dosing is pretty common with sleep aids.

I was fairly happy with how Genius Sleep Aid worked. Although I did not think it calmed me down before bedtime or allowed me to get to sleep quicker, I felt that I felt really refreshed in the mornings upon waking. To me, that indicates that I slept well that night and I did not feel any drowsiness. I hate feeling drowsy from supplements.

I am normally not a fan of supplements that contain an insane amount of melatonin because some people may become dependent on it after a while and I thought it always made me more tired in the mornings. There are some companies that just throw a bunch of melatonin in their sleep formulas, but I do not find those products attractive. I was happy with the amount of melatonin in here. If you would like more, you could just add it; melatonin is usually pretty cheap on its own.

I did not take this too often though. I usually only took it when I knew I would be getting at least seven hours of sleep, so that could be why I thought it worked better than Lunar. I feel that must be noted in the review.

You can find this on Amazon for $20 for 20 servings. I think this is a little on the pricey side for what you are getting, but I did think it was effective.

Side Effects

None. Normally with melatonin supplements I feel drowsy in the mornings, but this was not the case with Sleep Aid.

Conclusion

A little on the pricey side, but I do feel it allowed me to wake up feeling refreshed and I like it did not cause me to be drowsy. I never got that extreme calming feeling right before bed, but a better night of sleep is more important to me. I would recommend this and I would buy this again just to have for when I need a good night of sleep.

July 20, 2018

Pros:
 Cons:
  • Increased Focus
  • Increased Thermogenisis
  • High-quality Trademarked Ingredients
  • Veggie Caps
  • Fully Disclosed
  • Extremely Expensive At Full Dose

Caffeine free thermo that includes 9 trademarked ingredients. A bit on the pricey side, but the quality is definitely there.

On a slow cut to prepare myself for a second police academy. Been focusing on functional movements and cardio for the past few months. This is my second of three overdue reviews from the Genius Brand. I will be reviewing the second version of this supplement.

Genius Burn recently changed their formula a bit. Their first version included iFAS503 camellia sinensis, AlphaSize alpha-GPC, replaced Sensoril ashwagandha with KSM-66 Ashwagandha and replaced regular theanine with TheaKalm theanine.

In version 2, the ingredients include (per one cap): KSM-66 at 150 mg which is a cortisol reducer found in a few different products. 100 mg of Cognizin citicholine that supports brain health, focus, and attention. TeaCrine at 50 mg which is the lone stimulant in the product that is a smoother alternative for caffeine with no tolerance build up over time. 25 mg of Paradoxine grains of paradise which can help thermogenesis and increase fat loss. 10 mg of LeanGBB which is a carnitine based supplement that increases thermogenesis. Capsimax is next at 12.5 mg which also increases thermogenesis. GS4 Plus at 50 mg which aids in insulin function and supports stable blood sugar levels. TheaKalm at 50 mg which can combat stress and improve focus and mood due to it allowing the user to relax. AstraGin at 12.5 mg that can help absorption and increase ATP production. Finally there is huperzia serrata at 2.5 mg which is a powerful nootropic.

As you can see, this is a long list of ingredients with a total of 9/10 ingredients being trademarked. This ensures that you are getting the highest quality ingredients with no chance of impurities or fillers. The capsules are vegetable capsules containing no gelatin.

Take 1-2 capsules 1-3 times per day, 30 minutes before a meal. So you can take anywhere between 1-6 capsules per day, depending on your preference. I dosed this one capsule in the morning and one capsule pre-workout. There are 60 capsules in each per container.

I believed this worked pretty well for a caffeine free thermo. As I mentioned in my previous Genius Brand review, I stacked this with their Diet Pills to help with appetite suppression since Genius Burn was not really labeled as an appetite suppression supplement. Genius Burn is labeled as a "safe and effective cognitive enhancing thermogenic".

Since there is no caffeine present, I never noticed an extreme amount of energy, but of course that is to be expected. It is more of a subtle, gradual amount of energy, most likely from the TeaCrine. Like I stated above, I took one cap upon waking and one cap pre-workout. In doing this, I noticed a bit of a thermo reaction and an increase in alertness/focus. It enhanced the pre-workout I was using at the time and made my workouts a bit better. That is the good thing about caffeine free fat burners - you are able to stack them around your pre-workout if you wish to do so without worrying about over doing your caffeine intake. Some fat burners I have tried in the past left me feeling extremely stimmed-out/jittery and/or gave me a crash. With Genius Burn, I never had that feeling once.

In combination with their Genius Diet Pills, I was able to drop a little over seven pounds in a month without any super strict calorie reduction or intense cardio. Usually averaged somewhere around 2400 calories a day, so I feel those results were worth it.

This is being sold on Amazon for just under $50. This is pretty pricey for a thermo, however you have to realize the ingredients to make this product are not cheap. My value is based on how I took it which lasted me 30 full days at two capsules per day. This equals $1.67 per day. Obviously the price depends on how many capsules you take. At the minimum dosage it would come out to $0.83 per day. Max dosage would be $5.00 per day, which is unrealistic to run unless you have a much better job than I do.

Side Effects

Nothing to report.

Conclusion

Pretty good supplement that uses high-quality ingredients. The value could be pretty good to really expensive depending on how you dose it, so I would recommend trying to figure that out before purchasing it. At two servings a day, you are getting a month's worth and the value is pretty good for the ingredients included.

Overall
Thanks to NutraHouse for sending it out!
  July 18, 2018

Pros:
 Cons:
  • Overall Healthier
  • Taste Good
  • Decent Value
  • Immunnity Support
  • Vegan
  • Non GMO
  • Should Be Kept Refrigerated

Pretty good value for the overall quality contained in this greens supplement. It tastes pretty good as well.

I have not normally run a greens product in the past because I used to stick with multivitamins, but I am noticing that I am beginning to enjoy greens products more. I feel like they are better absorbed by my body and a more natural way to receive vitamins and minerals than being synthetically produced for the most part with multivitamins. I have never had neon pee with a greens supplement. Granted, there usually is not an insane amount of B or C vitamins added into greens supplements, but to me it is pointless having that amount when most of it ends up in the toilet anyway.

50 calories, 3 g fat, 6 g carbohydrate (1 g fiber, 1 g sugar), and 1 g protein. The profile is broken up into five different blends. The first blend is the PhytoFood greens complex which is just over 4 g of healthy greens including: wheat grass, broccoli, spinach, spirulina, chlorella, kelp, etc. The next blend is 2.5 g of digestive support and fiber including: chia seed powder, flax seed, oat bran, pumpkin seed, and turmeric. Third blend is the antioxidant fruit and veggie blend at just over 2 g consisting of: milk thistle, beet root, acai, green tea, goji berry, pomegranate, etc. Next blend is 0.5 g of probiotics and enzymes. Final blend is the trademarked VitaBerry ORAC blend at 200 mg.

Overall it is a pretty nice profile containing many super foods and other healthy ingredients. Sweetened with stevia and naturally flavored. Vegan, non-GMO, soy free, GMP facility. Good stuff here.

Taste: Received the berry flavor and I only used it in smoothies as I have said in the past that I believe that is the best way to consume these. Normally my go to smoothie is a milk alternative base, unflavored plant based protein powder, frozen blueberries, a frozen banana, and a kiwi. Sometimes I will add other fruits, non-dairy yogurts, avocados, etc. I added a scoop of this to my smoothies and I actually really enjoyed the taste of it. There is definitely a berry flavor present and the "green" taste was hidden well enough where it was barely noticeable in this preparation.

Mixability: I did not mix this in a liquid by itself, so I cannot really comment on this aspect.

Dosing: Add a scoop into water, juice, or smoothie and mix thoroughly. Keep refrigerated once open to maintain freshness.

Like I mentioned above, greens supplements are the way to go in my opinion over multivitamins. I did not have any problems with the profile and thought it was pretty decent and overall effective in keeping my body running smoothly. I also mentioned it tasted fine in smoothies and that is an important factor to consider when looking to purchase a greens supplement. I am sure that it would have tasted fine on its own too since the berry flavor was so prominent, but I would just prefer to throw these in a smoothie. It never gave me any trouble with digestion. I really like how it is completely vegan, non-GMO, naturally flavored and sweetened, and made in a GMP facility. It contains over 35 different super foods, so that is nice to see. There is not really much else to say about greens supplements aside from the profile/quality, the taste, and how it digests. I guess you can also include your overall health, but I am not really prone to sickness anyway, so that is not a big indicator on the effectiveness for me. Overall, I was pleased with the results of PhytoFood.

The site Vitamindiscountcenter.com has this for $36.99 for 30 servings, which is $1.23 per serving. It also says that it is available for free shipping. I have never heard of the site, so that is up to you if you wish to save a few more bucks than ordering through reputable sites like Amazon or Suppz. Amazon has it for just under $38 and Suppz has it for just under $40. A bit pricey especially since it is not organic, but it is not an awful value since many of the ingredients included are really expensive. Suppz usually runs discounts once in a while, so maybe you could find this cheaper there.

Side Effects

Conclusion

Overall a fine greens supplement. The taste was not bad at all and the profile is pretty good. May be a bit annoying keeping it in the fridge and taking up space, but that is not too uncommon with green products. I would recommend this, especially if you get it on sale somewhere. Thank you NutraHouse for allowing me to try this.

Overall
Overall
4.2
Thanks to VMI Sports for sending it out!
  July 13, 2018

Pros:
 Cons:
  • Transparent Label
  • Dyedgelatin Capsules

Estrogen blockers are usually effective products for me. Unfortunately, it seems like I am the minority where this product just was not effective for me.

I have been working out a lot lately as I am cutting and preparing for a second police academy. I figured a product that promotes cortisol control and limiting estrogen would be perfect for me. I did not find that to be the case with Arimidrol.

Two ingredient profile consisting of astragalus extract at 250 mg and acacetin at 100 mg per serving. Astragalus has been said to be a strong antioxidant that helps with cardiovascular health, fighting colds and other diseases, anti-inflammatory, boosts the immune system and so on. Acacetin is said to limit estrogen and be an anti-aromatase. I have not really seen proper dosages of Acacetin, so I do not know if 100 mg is sufficient or not.

VMI suggests taking two capsules 20-30 minutes prior to a meal or training. Do not exceed two capsules in a 24 hour period. I opened the capsules and took them with my pre-workout as I normally do with dyed/gelatin capsules.

Like I said, I usually really enjoy running estrogen blockers. I usually notice a dryer physique and am more vascular. That is also usually accompanied by an increase in libido as well as joint pain. I actually prefer estrogen blockers to testosterone boosters based upon previous runs of each.

Unfortunately with Arimidrol, I did not experience any of the above mentioned benefits. I did not see any noticeable difference in vascularity or physique during the past month. There was no increase in libido for me. I also experienced no joint pain, which can be seen as a positive I guess, but that also makes me question the effectiveness of it being labeled an estrogen blocker. No additional muscle hardness, strength, or an improvement in mood which are all claims VMI makes with Arimidrol. Cortisol control/reduction is a tough area to judge the effectiveness on, but based upon the little research I have read and the lack of effectiveness of the rest of the claims, I will not say this helped in the controlling of cortisol. I even waited about a week to write the review to see if the results have just been gradual, but I have not noticed anything significantly after finishing the product.

With basically just 100 mg of acacetin as the anti-aromatase/estrogen blocker in Arimidrol, I wonder if that is enough of a dosage to provide the usual benefits associated with estrogen blockers. Obviously judging by past users' experiences, I seem to be the lone user on this site with a negative outcome, but I just would not trust running this as a PCT if I were ever to run anything synthetic.

This could be purchased on Amazon for $25 for a month's supply which is a pretty good price usually for estrogen blockers. However, since I did not notice any improvements anywhere across the board, I would not purchase this in the future.

Side Effects

Conclusion

Big miss for me. I tried VMI's Arima-XD about a year ago and I believe that is a much, much better product. It is also only a few dollars more expensive than Arimidrol. I would definitely recommend Arima-XD over Arimidrol. Thank you VMI for the opportunity to test out this product, sorry I could not write a more positive review.

July 2, 2018

Pros:
 Cons:
  • Cerified Organic
  • Free Shipping
  • Money Back Guarantee
  • High Quality Ingredients
  • Added Enzymes
  • High In Sodium
  • Only One Size Available
  • Limited Suppliers

Organic plant-based protein that contains many vitamins and minerals. Comparable to other vegan proteins on the market as far as price goes.

I usually get ads either on my Facebook or Instagram accounts promoting plant based proteins and I saw that KOS was having a promotion on their protein powders. I never heard of them prior to that, so I decided to check out their page and decided to purchase a tub of each vanilla and chocolate flavors.

Originally when I purchased this a couple months back, the profile was 120 ...

Originally when I purchased this a couple months back, the profile was 120 calories, 2.5g fat, 7 g carbs (3 g fiber, 2 g sugar), and 20 g protein per serving (two scoops). It appears that they have changed the ingredients by adding coconut milk for some reason which increases the fat content and ultimately the calories. I inquired about it through their live chat and the rep commented saying I had to email some other guy and leave my contact information so he could call me. I did not want to do that, so I am unsure why they added the coconut milk. Maybe for the flavor, but I thought both flavors tasted fine. Anyway, the protein blend is made up of pea, flax seed, quinoa, pumpkin seed, and chia seed. No soy or rice proteins included. Sweetened with coconut sugar, stevia, and monk fruit.

EDIT: I eventually was able to talk with one of their reps (maybe even the owner) and he stated that the reason they added the coconut milk was because consumers stated they wanted something more filling, so KOS listened and changed the profile a bit. Adding fat usually helps keep you full for a bit longer, so I think it is awesome KOS is willing to change up their products to please the consumers.

They also use a digestive enzyme blend and there is also vitamins and minerals included. Some highlights are 45% vitamin A, 60% vitamin C, 40% iron, and 50% vitamin D. Many more are included, but in lower dosages. Every bit helps though. One possible negative is that it is pretty high in sodium at 440 mg per serving. I do not pay attention to my sodium intake too much, so it did not really bother me. Plus it contains pink Himalayan salt, which I am a big fan of anyway.

Taste: Chocolate 8/10, vanilla 7/10. I thought these flavors were really good especially since I mixed them in water or mixed them in with my oatmeal. I preferred the chocolate on its own and preferred the vanilla in with my oatmeal.

Mixability 6/10: It mixed fine except that some of the seeds? settled toward the bottom and were always left at the bottom of the shaker. I was never able to get them to mix properly.

Dosing: KOS recommends two scoops in 8-10 ounces of a beverage. Usually I used one scoop at a time just for a bit of extra protein and to enhance the flavors of my water or oatmeal. They say you can also replace 1/8 of flour with this protein in baking recipes. I do not bake, so I never tested it out.

I mostly had this as a light snack in between meals or used to flavor my oatmeal which I usually eat post-workout. I usually only used one scoop at a time because I already take a protein powder in my post-workout smoothie, so this was just an addition during the day. I never had any digestive issues and I have not really been sore too much lately. Maybe it is from the program I am finishing up with or my diet, but yeah I am usually good to go the next day with little to no soreness.

Like I said up top, I saw an ad stating that they were running some type of special on this protein. I was able to get 60 servings (30 of each flavor) for $56. They offer free two day shipping on all orders, which is pretty cool. At that price, each serving came out to about $0.94. Normally, they charge $40 for their one-time purchase option and $30 when you subscribe with the auto-renewal. $40 is a pretty fair price for an organic plant-based protein that does not use soy or rice. You have to remember they also add the digestive blend and just use high-quality natural ingredients in general. For the auto-renewal price, it is actually a good deal in my opinion, even if you are only getting 20 g of protein per serving, but I have been trying out a lot of different proteins lately and like the variety. There is an option to get it at that price and set the re-order for every 90 days, so it is not like you have to have it delivered every month. There is also a 90 day money back guarantee if you are not happy with your purchase.

Side Effects

Conclusion

I would recommend this for those who want a plant-based protein. It is certified organic, uses high-quality ingredients, and tastes great. On a side note, the label is kind of unique and they put all little cartoon characters around the label which I thought was pretty fun. If you want to do the subscription, I do not think you can really go wrong with the price at $1 per serving, especially with the money back guarantee. I will definitely be purchasing this again in the future.

June 28, 2018

Pros:
 Cons:
  • Appetite Suppressant
  • Non Stim
  • Veggie Capsules
  • May Be Expensive Per Dose Compared To Others
  • Not Widely Distributed

Caffeine free, helps control cravings, value is based on how many servings you choose to take.

I purchased a few things a couple months back from a company that I consider to be an "under the radar" company that uses high-quality ingredients, no proprietary blends, natural, and is third-party tested. I have been slowly wanting to lose weight, so I decided to give a few products a try from Genius since I have liked the previous products I have tried from them.

This profile is composed of only two ingredients: 5-HTP...

This profile is composed of only two ingredients: 5-HTP and Satiereal saffron which is a trademarked ingredient. 5-HTP is short for 5-Hydroxytryptophan which can help improve mood and increases satiety according to examine.com. Satiereal saffron is a patented extract from saffron that has been said to reduce appetite and control sugar cravings. Each capsule contains 100 mg of 5-HTP and 88.25 mg of Satiereal saffron. Capsules are veggie capsules and do not contain gelatin.

Dosing: Take one capsule twice daily before breakfast and dinner respectively. I decided just to take one capsule upon waking because I normally did not eat breakfast. However on off days, I added the second capsule in the afternoon to try and keep my calories down a bit. I have been training often though, so there were not many times that I had an off day.

I believe that this was a pretty effective supplement to help curb cravings. I wanted to take just one capsule upon waking to try and stretch out the bottle more and I usually fasted in the morning so I thought that would be the ideal time to dose it. It is said that 5-HTP works better while taking before/with food, but I still found Genius Diet Pills to be decently effective in allowing me to fast until 2-3pm most days. I also found that it did curb cravings where I did not want to eat junk which is obviously beneficial in a cut and it did not even really let me think of eating until the afternoon.

Now this is not a miracle pill and I hope I did not make it seem that way, but I believe it did give a slight edge over not taking any supplements at all. I maybe sometimes have really high expectations for appetite suppressants because I have taken the original OEP a few times and I know that it crushed my appetite. We will probably never see an over the counter supplement like OEP again, so I think I have to get out of that mindset. Anyway, this would probably be even better if I took the second capsule in the afternoon on most days, but that of course would affect the value a bit. All together, I dropped a little over seven pounds in a month while taking this and their thermo Genius Burn.

Again, the value here is determined by how many capsules you take per day. There are 50 capsules in here. I have really only saw this for sale through Amazon and it is being sold for just under $30 currently. Each capsule costs $0.60, which seems like a lot for two active ingredients, but it did help me lose weight. Again, that is also why I decided to try and stretch out the container by dosing one capsule for the most part. At a full two capsules a day, this lasts you just under a month which is about the going rate for a fat burner type supplement.

Side Effects

Conclusion

This did what it said it would do, but do not expect your appetite to be totally non-existent. I like this paired with Genius Burn, but it does end up being a bit costly running them both simultaneously. Genius is a company that I feel deserves more exposure and I hope I am able to do that for them.

Overall
Thanks to NutraBio for sending it out!
  June 27, 2018

Pros:
 Cons:
  • Fully Disclosed
  • Natural
  • Good Pump
  • Clean Energy
  • Not Enough Servings

Premium label that is fully disclosed, dosed very well, and uses all natural ingredients. Sign me up.

Huge fan that NutraBio is bringing natural supplements to their line. They are one of my favorite companies and they just keep on improving. They have released numerous versions of this pre-workout which just shows you that they are committed to improving their products and hopefully using our critiques to do so.

This label is seriously loaded. It contains some B and C vitamins to start, then heads into the Power, Strength, and Endurance complex. In this complex, there is 3.5 g of leucine, 3.2 g of CarnoSyn, 3 g of PharmaPure creatine monohydrate, 2.5 g of betaine, 1.3 g of malic acid, and 500 mg of creatine MagnaPower. Everything in this complex is dosed nicely and they added more CarnoSyn from their previous version. They also added a bit more monohydrate and switched out creatine HCl for the MagnaPower.

The next section is the Nitric Oxide Pump Matrix which contains 6 g of citrulline, 1 g of agmatine, and 750 mg of Nitrosigine. This section appears unchanged from their previous version.

Third section is the Focus & Stim Matrix with 1.5 g of tyrosine, 500 mg of VitaCholine choline bitartrate, 350 mg caffeine (250 mg PurCaf and 100 mg of Infinergy di-caffeine malate), 300 mg TheaPure theanine and 100 mcg of huperzine A.

The final blend is the Electrolyte & Hydration Optimizer which includes 2 g of taurine, 525 mg of Calci-K, and 189 mg of sodium phosphate.

I like that they include many patented ingredients and I am a big fan of everything being natural. It is sweetened with cane sugar (5 g - 20 calories) and stevia. There is nothing artificial in here.

Taste 7/10: I requested and received the green apple flavor. I thought it was pretty good. It was tolerable in my opinion, but if you are used to overly flavored/sweetened products, you may have an issue with this. The flavor was a little light, but I was mixing it with 16 ounces of water usually.

Mixability 6/10: There was some foaming initially and then some settling eventually if I did not drink it right away. Swirling it around normally took care of both issues.

Dosing: They recommend mixing this with 12-14 ounces of water depending on your flavor preferences. They suggest starting off with a half scoop for first time users since there is a good amount of caffeine in here.

I really enjoyed this pre-workout. The energy that it supplied was a long-lasting, clean feeling. Never once did I feel super jittery or receive any cold sweats or anything like that. The two types of caffeine worked nicely in my opinion and were a perfect amount. The 250 mg of PurCaf woke me up and got me ready to hit the gym and then the 100 mg of Infinergy kept me going once I got to the gym since it releases a bit slower. That is a much better combination than 350 mg of caffeine anhydrous that hits you immediately and then you start to feel fatigued towards the end of the workout and may even crash altogether. I did not experience any crashing with Pre.

The pumps were pretty good as well. I am a fan of citrulline and with 6 g, that should pump you up nicely if you respond well to it. Add in 1 g of agmatine and I cannot see how you go wrong here. I experienced more of a vascular pump, not so much a full "swole" type of pump. These are the pumps that I prefer anyway, so I am fine with that.

The endurance and strength Pre provided was nice too. They provide two patented forms of creatine and a 3.2 g dose of CarnoSyn for strength and endurance. In my experiences, betaine pairs very well with creatine and they provided 2.5 g of that to help with strength gains. The addition of electrolytes also helped keep me hydrated. I paired Pre with IntraBlast and that combination is great.

Focus was okay in here, but I have not been using headphones lately in the gym, so that could be why. I have been not in the zone as much as I would like, but maybe with headphones, I could have been distracted less.

Nutrabio's natural line is not really available online yet besides on their website. This could be purchased for $40 for 20 servings. That equals $2 per scoop, which places this towards the priciest of pre-workouts. I think it is worth it because you are getting a fully disclosed, well-dosed, natural, all around pre-workout. I am sure some people would complain about the price being so high, but you pay for the quality here.

Side Effects

I did not experience any.

Conclusion

Great pre-workout although it is pricey for your average consumer. I would rather pay for quality though, but that is just me. With Nutrabio, you do not have to worry about untrue labels since everything is third party tested or do you have to worry about impurities in the product since the facility is inspected regularly. To me, that peace of mind is worth the price. Thank you Nutrabio for the continued support of this program. I hope to see your Super Carb go natural next.

June 12, 2018

Pros:
 Cons:
  • Vegan
  • Non-GMO
  • Naturally Flavored And Sweetened
  • Decent Taste
  • No Scooper

Affordable greens supplement that does not taste like pure grass.

Was shopping on bodybuilding.com a few months back when I got a notification that Kaged's testosterone booster was on sale. I needed to purchase something else for free shipping (always gets me), so I found this on a sale as well. Profile looked decent so I decided to try it out.

Affordable greens supplement that does not taste like pure grass.

This profile is not too over-the-top like you may see with some other greens supplements, but it is still a decent profile that uses many patented ingredients. One scoop (did not have one in my bag) provides 25 calories, 11 g of carbs (9 g fiber), and 1 g of protein. For the ingredients, you have the prebiotic fiber blend at 9 g. This is more than a third of your recommended daily intake, so that is really nice to have; especially if you are following a low carb or keto type diet (2 g net carbs per scoop). That blend contains acacia gum, pea fiber, Jerusalem artichoke, oat fiber, blue agave inulin, apple peel, and flax seed. Next is a green superfood blend at 2.5 g containing spirulina, broccoli, kale, and chlorella. I think you all should know by now the benefits of these four foods. Thirdly is PACran, a patented form of cranberry fruit extract at 500 mg to support urinary tract health. You have most likely heard that cranberry juice helps fight UTIs in the past. There is Sunphenon 90D at 300 mg which is a patented (caffeine free) form of green tea leaf extract. Green tea is good as an antioxidant, fighting against free radicals. 200 mg of milk thistle fruit extract is included which provides liver support. Finally there are 100 mg of lemon fruit and 10 mg of cayenne pepper fruit included, which usually benefits digestion.

Taste 7/10: Only see one flavor available currently which is watermelon berry. I did not try this on its own, I only mixed this in with my post workout smoothie, so of course that will affect how it tastes. However, it did not make my smoothie taste gross and I actually really enjoyed the bitterness from the greens to complement the sweet fruits I put in my smoothie. You could tell that this was a little sweeter than your average pure greens supplement due to the addition of Stevia and the natural flavors.

Mixability: Basically a NA since I only used it with a blender in a smoothie post workout.

Dosing: Mix one scoop (again, never had a scoop included; had to use an old scooper from a BCAA product that had a similar measurement) in your favorite beverage.

I usually prefer greens supplements over multi-vitamins because I believe that they are absorbed better by the body and are usually in more of a natural state. I think that the profile was pretty interesting and effective providing my body with different super foods to keep it running smoothly. Fiber is usually something that many Americans do not consume enough of and there is a nice amount contained in here. I really like how it is vegan, non-GMO, uses patented ingredients, and naturally flavored and sweetened. It is also a good idea to have it a fruit flavor rather than your normal greens product that is just too bitter to be palatable. I did not have any problems consuming this multiple times a week and it tasted great when mixed with fruit and unflavored protein powder in a smoothie.

I originally bought it on sale from bodybuilding for $18 for 30 servings. That came out to $0.60 a serving. They are currently running a deal that has this priced at $15 for 30 servings, which is obviously even better. I think that is a good value either way. It looks like it is normally about $1 per serving, which still is not even too bad.

Side Effects

Fiber content could be too much for some people (9 g per serving). I did not experience any problems from it, though.

Conclusion

Definitely would recommend picking this up if you are looking for an affordable greens product that does not taste like dirt. Currently at $0.50 a serving, I cannot see how you can go wrong unless you just cannot stand the taste of anything with a hint of vegetable taste to it. Really the only bad thing I can say about this for what you are expecting to receive from a greens supplement is that it did not come with a scooper. That could have been a one-time mistake or maybe the whole batch did not receive it or something, but I am sure you should have a comparable scooper somewhere at home if that is the case.

Thanks to NutraBio for sending it out!
  June 11, 2018

Pros:
 Cons:
  • Fully Disclosed
  • Non-GMO
  • Reduced Fatigue
  • Uses Both BCAAEAA Blend
  • Reduces Cramping
  • No Proprietary Blends
  • Great Profile
  • May Be Expensive For Budget Minded Consumers

An intra powerhouse that does not contain anything artificial. My kind of supplement.

I tried NutraBio's IntraBlast a few years back through this program and have not found anything that has come close to the effectiveness of this to take intra workout. I have purchased this numerous times in the past, but recently stopped using the regular version because I did not like that it contained the artificial sugars that I have tried to stay away from. Thankfully, NutraBio has released a line that uses all natural ingredients and I am really excited that they did. Over the past few months, I have been slowly cutting working out sometimes twice a day. Usually been going to the gym at least six times a week while doing kickboxing three-four times a week. Occasionally I will throw in some type of cardio.

This thing is loaded. To start, you are getting 7.4 g of BCAAs just over a 2:1:1 ratio. Not sure of the reasoning behind going with this ratio, but it includes 200 mg more leucine than the original Intra Blast, so I will not complain there. Not only do you receive over 7 g of BCAAs, but then you are also getting the remaining six EAAs that your body cannot produce on its own and need to receive through diet (or supplements). Then you get 5 g of glutamine that can also aid in muscle recovery. Next you get 2 g of betaine which is normally found in pre-workouts. This ingredient helps with strength output. You also get 1 g of OKG that could also help with recovery. Finally you have 2.8 g of electrolytes to help you stay hydrated and fight off cramps. Included within this section is 2 g of taurine, which is a very nice dosage.

I really like everything that is included in here. I really do not have any complaints about this supplement. I love how NutraBio went all natural substituting Stevia and cane sugar for the previous version of Sucralose and ace-k. They do not use artificial colors and this product is Non-GMO so I appreciate them not using genetically modified soy or corn to source their vegan BCAAs.

Taste 8/10: Requested and received the kiwi strawberry flavor and it was pretty good. It was pretty light to me, but that is probably because I used more water than it called for. I usually just fill up a shaker bottle full of water which is usually 24+ oz. You probably will get a stronger flavor the less water you use. I also tried the sweet tea flavor as a sample, and that was okay. I am not really an iced tea guy, so that is why I did not go with that one.

Mixability 7/10: Slight foaming in the initially, but that is pretty common with BCAA products. The foaming usually settled within a few minutes. There was also a little settling at the bottom over time, but that was fixed with a little swirl before sipping. The settling could be due to the cane sugar. I have used cane sugar before in coffee and it hardly ever mixes properly.

Dosing: Basically you can use this wherever you see fit or when you need some extra hydration. They recommend 12-16 ounces of water, but like I said, I usually use 24 in all my intra workout supplements.

Intra Blast has been one of my favorite supplements for a while. It allows you to improve your recovery times between workouts as well as times between sets. Like I said earlier, I have been working out multiple times a week and keeping my rest times between sets under a minute long. While taking Intra Blast, I had minimal soreness and was able to start my next set in a minute or less.

My strength was pretty consistent throughout the course of taking this supplement while eating a pretty restrictive diet. I am really adamant about losing weight this summer and although I did not increase my strength too much, I did not really lose any strength in any major movements.

Hydration is by far my favorite aspect of this supplement. I rarely ever cramped up which is amazing with the amount of time I have spent working out over the past month. I am living away from home for the summer due to a summer job and really the only thing I can do down here is workout. I have gotten cramps in the past as it has gotten warmer and my gym time increased, but I do not recall too many times cramping up while using Intra Blast.

*For disclosure purposes, I have to write that for the majority of the time using Intra Blast, I also incorporated 2 g of NutraBio's beta-alanine in my drink and I am telling you, I could workout for two hours a day easily. The endurance that those two supplements provided me was outstanding.

About $40 at a few different sites. You get 30 servings in a tub of high-quality, natural ingredients. I think that is a fair price and do not mind spending this much for a month's supply. I did not use this on off days, so it could be extended if you only use it on training days. You are paying $1.33 per serving, which I do not think is a bad price at all. Some intra workout supplements cost $1 per serving with 5g of BCAAs and maybe a few extras thrown in. They also usually use artificial and lower quality ingredients. I do not think you can complain about this price too much.

Side Effects

Conclusion

Definitely will be a staple for me going forward. I absolutely recommend this supplement and cannot see how you will be disappointed unless you care too much about taste. Even with the usual bitterness of the Stevia, they balanced it out nicely with the sweetness from the cane sugar in my opinion. I think the addition of the beta alanine just sets this apart from anything else out there right now and I am unsure if anything even comes close to this for the price.