JayT

• Member has been active for 8 years, and was last online today

TROPHY CASE

Reviews by JayT

Overall
Thanks to NutraBio for sending it out!
  January 17, 2018

• Purity
  • Label Transparency
  • No Prop Blends
  • Increased Recovery
  • Actually Is Tasteless
  • Needs Creapure.

Here we have another review coming from one of my favorite companies in NutraBio. I have had good results with many of their products, and this one was no exception.

CGT-Max uses three fairly common ingredients in creatine, glutamine, and taurine. They include creatine monohydrate at 4.2 g and creatine MagnaPower at 833 mg for a total of 5 g of creatine. NutraBio uses Kyowa Glutamine which is naturally fermented glutamine from plants at 4 g. Finally they include 2 g of taurine. As you can see, this is an extremely simple profile, but ingredients that we have all taken before. Most of the time, they can be found in pre or post workout drinks and for most of us, the ingredients provide good results. The only thing that would make this profile better is if CreaPure was used instead of plain monohydrate.

Taste: I requested and received the unflavored version and it was truly unflavored. Never altered the taste of anything I mixed it with and was just about undetectable in water.

Mixability 9/10: This mixed up fine; only some minor settling at the bottom of the shaker cup.

Dosing 10/10: Suggested use is take one serving mixed into 16 oz. of a beverage of your choice two times daily. On training days, I dosed mine pre and post workout and on off days, I just took one serving in the morning because I felt like I did not need two servings if I was not working out.

I thought that this product was effective for the ingredients included in here. I used both doses peri-workout, because I felt that the creatine would be best utilized in this way, the taurine would help taking it pre-workout, and the glutamine taken post-workout. I noticed that my endurance was slightly better. I have not been as active in the gym lately as I was in the beginning of the year and the summer and I am really trying to get back to where I was. My strength and endurance has been down and this was a nice boost to get me going again. The taurnine provided some nice hydration and provided decent pumps in combination with the creatine. The glutamine/creatine combo enhanced my recovery times a bit. I do not think this was a miracle supplement, but you cannot really expect that with these ingredients. At the end of the day, CGT-Max met my expectations and did not leave me disappointed in that regard.

This is being sold for just about $20 on Amazon and includes shipping for free with Prime. This comes out to $0.50 per serving (remember directions call for two scoops a day), so it is a pretty good value. You are getting two trademarked ingredients in this product and nothing that you do not need. Dosing it the way I did, I believe that it lasted me just under a month.

Side Effects

Nothing for me.

Conclusion

I think that this is a good product, and priced fairly enough where it can be a staple supplement. I would definitely recommend this product for anyone looking for a creatine blend. Thank you NutraBio for sending it out.

Overall
Overall
4.5
Thanks to NutraBio for sending it out!
  January 16, 2018

Pros:
 Cons:
  • IngredientManufacturing Transparency
  • Comprehensive Profile
  • Might Benefit More Running It Longer.
  • Not As Effective For All Ingredient Included
  • Underdosed Kollagen II-xs

NutraBio's Extreme Joint Care was a product that I wanted to take for a while because I liked the profile and I like NutraBio. I usually have problems with my knees, hips, and shoulders--especially in the cold. I was really excited to try this product out, but I do not think it helped out as well as I thought it would have.

On paper, this could be one of the best formulas I have seen in a joint care product. It includes glucosamine, chondroitin, and MSM, which are probably three of the most common joint relief ingredients. There is also some curcumin added, which is another popular joint ingredient seen in a lot of new products. There is gelatin, which is what the capsule is made from. There is a trademarked collagen product called KollaGen II-xs, but it is really under dosed if you look at the manufacturer's website (Certified Nutraceuticals). There is boswellia, hyaluronic acid, and horsetail herb, which are more uncommon joint ingredients. 5 mg of BioPerine is added to help absorb the aforementioned ingredients. So like I said, this is a very comprehensive profile--although some dosages are on the low end of the effective dosage range. Really the only other common joint ingredient that is not included that I can think of is Cissus.

Directions state to take four capsules daily with meals. May be taken all at once or two divided doses with morning and evening meals. I took four capsules with my first meal of the day. I believe these are the "000" sized capsules, so as far as I know, they are the biggest capsules you can find. Something to consider if you are not good at taking capsules.

For such a great looking profile on the label, I was pretty surprised at how little this helped me. I still had pain in my knees, hips, and shoulders and even with doing extra mobility work before and after the gym. The label does say that it is supposed to take seven days to notice effects, so essentially with one bottle you should only be noticing the effects for three weeks, but I cannot say that I did. Maybe running more bottles would have helped? I do not know why I did not find relief from this product, but I am sorry I cannot write anything better about it. However, judging from a lot of previous reviews, some other reviewers noticed that it did not help out as much as they would have liked either, so I guess I am not alone in that regard.

The value is not the worst here, especially when you factor in all the trademarked ingredients; it can be found for $27 with free shipping on bodybuilding.com for a 30 day supply, but I did not think it helped me out much or at all really, so the value is pretty low for me. Each serving comes out to about $0.90.

Side Effects

Did not notice any.

Conclusion

Unfortunately, this was a dud for me. I was really hoping this would have helped, but I do not feel it did. Thank you NutraBio for the chance to run this.

January 4, 2018

Pros:
 Cons:
  • Mostly Whey Isolate
  • Organic
  • Natural
  • Soy-free
  • Added Probiotics
  • Kind Of Expensive
  • Only 20 Servings

I was Black Friday shopping at Whole Foods and their whole body section was 20% off. I also work at Whole Foods ever since being laid off as a cop, so I get an additional 20% off with an employee discount. I saw this and wanted to purchase it to try out. After looking at prices, I realize that even with about 40% off from Whole Foods, I still paid more than buying it online. lol

This protein is sourced from grass fed cows from Ireland, is certified organic/non-GMO, nothing artificial, no soy, contains probiotics, and is mostly whey isolate. It is basically everything I looked for in whey proteins. The nutritional profile is 120 calories per scoop, no fat, only 5 mg of cholesterol, 120 mg of sodium, 100 mg of potassium, 6 g of carbs (4 g of fiber, 0 g sugar), and 24 g of protein. 85% of the protein is whey isolate and 15% is milk protein. Milk protein is not that great of a source of protein compared to whey, so I did not really care for that.

Taste 7/10: I purchased the vanilla flavor and it was okay. Light on flavor, but it was not bad. It is does list Stevia as a sweetener, but I did not detect that bitter aftertaste in this protein. Actually, it probably was one of the better vanilla flavors I have had in a long time. Normally I used 12 ounces of water, so that is probably why it was a light flavor, but I usually add more water than I need to to make sure I get enough in during the day.

Mixability 8/10: Mixed pretty well except for some foam left over. It is a really light powder, so it mixed by itself almost instantly when placed in water.

Dosing: They actually do not give instructions on when to take it. Their directions are mix one level scoop with 8 ounces of water. Since there are only 20 servings and it is mostly an isolate, I used it strictly post-workout.

As stated right above, I used this strictly post-workout during the month of December. It went down smoothly and never gave me an upset stomach. The isolate is ideal post-workout because it is easier for your body to break down and feed your muscles. The ingredient profile is really clean and it contains no fat and only 2 g of net carbs, so it is easy to work into your macros. The added probiotics are nice because it helps you digest the protein even better. You get 2 billion CFU of bifidobacterium lactis BL-04. Upon a quick google search, BL-04 also helps with the immune system, specifically fighting against the common cold. I did not even have a sniffle during the past month, so this could have helped in that aspect.. although I rarely do get sick.

Amazon has this for $32.50 and it is eligible for free shipping with Prime. For an organic, soy-free, added probiotics, predominately whey isolate protein powder, the price is not too bad. I know there are only 20 servings, but each one comes out to $1.63 per serving. Yes, that is more than other proteins out there, but the quality of this protein is a lot better than most you will find.

Side Effects

Conclusion

Good protein to consider if natural, organic proteins are your thing. I know this does not appeal to most of the market, but there has to be other people that care about organic proteins.

Thanks to Wildflower for sending it out!
  January 4, 2018

Pros:
 Cons:
  • Calming And Soothing Feel
  • Pleasant Aroma Vapor
  • Help Relieve Bothersome Aches And Pains
  • No THC
  • Cool Looking Vape Pen
  • Kind Of Expensive
  • Not Refillable

Cold weather always brings extra joint pain for me and I have read a lot lately about all the benefits of CBD oil, so when the rep for Wildflower assured us that no THC was present in this, I decided to claim it.

In the pen, there is the 500 mg of CBD oil (containing 150 mg of CBD), mint and rosemary essential oils, and other ingredients to keep the oil from freezing or separating. The CBD is extracted via CO2 and there should be no THC present. The pen itself is a small, blueish-green pen, similar to an e-cigarette, and illuminates whenever you are inhaling from it. There is also a clear window on the pen indicating how much oil is left in the pen. The pen is small enough to fit in your pocket, so it is easy enough to take with you anywhere.

Taste/Dosing

Taste/Aroma: I actually really enjoyed the taste and aroma that were present with Wildflower's Aches pen. It had a minty flavor and smell whenever inhaled and it actually had a slight smell resembling cannabis.

Dosing: According to the website, each draw from the pen results in 2 mg of CBD oil and there is 150 mg of CBD total in the pen. I normally had it after my workout and right before bed. Occasionally I would have an extra draw or two if I felt more sore.

CBD is gaining a lot of popularity over the past few years from people other than those who smoke marijuana. It has many medical benefits and can provide relief for many different symptoms and can also provide a calming and relaxing feel. I did enjoy using the Aches CBD pen because it did bring a calmness over me and allowed me to relax not long after inhaling. I especially appreciated that aspect right before bed.

After my workouts and my post workout smoothie, I would inhale from the pen and within maybe 20-30 minutes, I felt some of the soreness and aches from my workout start to dissipate. It would not totally reduce DOMS, but it worked well enough to let me know it was helping a bit.

I actually think my favorite part of the pen was the taste and aroma from it.

This is where I would have a hard time purchasing it in the future. I think the biggest drawback is that the pen is not refillable (to my knowledge). It does not appear to break down where you would just refill the cbd oil and use it again. I also do not see anything on their website stating if you can refill it or not. I think that will bring the price down in the long run (maybe not initially because the pen would probably cost more to manufacture). I would think that purchasing just the oil would be cheaper than purchasing the whole pen again.

Anyway, the pen cost about $60 and anything over $50 on their website provides free shipping. You could get anywhere between a couple weeks to a couple months' worth of CBD, depending on how often you used it. Looking online, CBD capsules can be found cheaper than the Ache pen, so that has to be taken into account. Of course you would not really experience the taste or smell of the CBD and terpenes from inhaling the pen, but that is all up to the user.

Side Effects

I did not experience any negative side effects.

Conclusion

I really did enjoy my experience with Wildflowers' Ache pen, but the cost may be prohibitive to run at the end of the day. This may be one of those things that if you have some extra money, you can enjoy it. Thank you Wildflower for the opportunity to try this.

Overall
Thanks to The Genius Brand for sending it out!
  January 2, 2018

• No Other Flavors
  • No Larger Size Tub

Introduction + Ingredient Profile

Introduction + Ingredient Profile

Genius Protein is a blended protein consisting of two high quality forms of protein: whey isolate and micellar casein. Blended proteins are cool because they can be taken whenever and have different rates of absorption. You can use it first thing in the morning, snack, post-workout, pre-bed, etc. On days that I worked out, I would use one serving about a half hour post-workout. On days that I did not train, I used this sometime in the afternoon as a snack to hold me over until dinner. In each serving, there is 24 g of protein: 12 g of whey isolate and 12 g of micellar casein. It contains 110 calories, less than a gram of fat, and 3.5 g of carbs (2.5 being sugar). Very nice looking profile and I liked that it was naturally sweetened with cane sugar and Stevia as well as not containing soy lecithin.

Taste 7/10: I received the chocolate flavor and thought it was pretty good. It was light on the chocolate flavor and had a bit of the bitter aftertaste from the Stevia. I used it strictly in water. It was not the most enjoyable protein I have had, but definitely tolerable.

Mixability 7/10: This protein mixed up pretty well aside from some initial foam and foam left over after using a shaker cup. I actually preferred the cup and spoon method with this protein because of all the foam I was getting. It was not that thick of a shake either, which was kind of surprising considering half of it was casein.

Dosing: This is a protein when you can basically take at anytime. As stated earlier, I used this about a half hour after my workouts because I used another whey protein immediately after my workout and as a snack on off days.

This powder provided me with 24 g of protein to help me increase my protein intake for the day. It provided my muscles with fuel after working out and kept me full until dinner. It was fairly satiating and a much better option than just a plain whey isolate or even concentrate in that regard. It was not the best tasting protein I have had as stated earlier, but it never upset my stomach and seemed to digest just fine.

It appears this is sold at $38 through Amazon. At 30 servings, it comes out to about $1.27 a serving. This is a fair price for what you are getting. I have only had one other protein blend in the past that uses a whey isolate and micellar casein if I remember correctly and that was NutraBio's Muscle Matrix. Genius protein is cheaper and it is naturally flavored on top of it. A couple drawbacks are that Genius Protein is neither widely available at this point nor do they offer a larger size tub at this point.

Side Effects

Conclusion

I enjoyed this protein and appreciate the quality in here. Definitely recommend if you are looking for a blended protein. Thank you Genius Brand for sending it out!

Overall
Thanks to Natural Powered Products for sending it out!
  December 19, 2017

Pros:
 Cons:
  • Organic
  • Vegan
  • Underdosed

I am shifting towards a more plant based diet in the new year and this was a supplement that fit into what I am trying to accomplish. I figured I would give it a try and see how it worked for me.

Originally, this caught my eye because it was all organic and it is vegan. Up-beet contains four ingredients that are fairly common in natural energy drinks and supplements. Up-beet contains an open label, but you can see it is under-dosed. The first ingredient is beet root dosed at 200 mg. Examine.com mentions that for a 150 pound person, he or she would need to consume 400+ mg of nitrates from the beets to be effective. I weighed 205 pounds during my run of this, so I would need to have even more than that. The next ingredient is 200 mg of green coffee, which supplies 180 mg of caffeine. That is an okay dosage, but many of us who workout use more than that. Third ingredient is panax ginseng at 150 mg which can help with mood, immunity, and cognition. It is recommended to be taken at a 200-400 mg dose, with the 400 mg dose appearing to be most effective for cognition. Final ingredient is rhodiola rosea at 100 mg which helps fight fatigue and stress. Acute dosing is said to be effective at 280-680 mg. I like the ingredients, just wish most of them were doubled (besides caffeine).

Taste/Mixability: NA-capsule.

Dosing: Recommended to take one capsule at least 30 minutes prior to activity and that more than two capsules should not be taken within 24 hours.

I tried this initially at one pill as a standalone to gauge effectiveness. I received a slight boost of energy from the caffeine, but other than that not much else. My workout ended up being lackluster and short. I did not notice any focus or additional pump from Up-beet. For my next workout and for a majority of the remaining bottle, I added a capsule with a stimulant based pre-workout. I noticed a bit more energy (obviously) and a bit better pump. I have used and liked beet root in the past, but that normally came with dosages of 500 mg or so. The pump is a dry, vascular pump which I prefer. I still did not notice much of an increase in endurance, strength, or focus. Finally for my last couple workouts, I took two capsules without a pre-workout and this ended up working a little better. I still would not say that it was fantastic, even at double the dosage.

This is selling for just under $24 on their website. It was the only place where I saw it. I could not even find it on Amazon. To have it shipped to me, it costs an additional $3.50, bringing the total to just under $27.50. There are 30 capsules in here and including shipping costs, that brings each capsule to about $0.92. That is expensive for four under-dosed ingredients and if you want to double it to get near the effective dosages of each, you are looking at over $1.80 per workout.

Side Effects

Conclusion

I am all for the organic, vegan supplements, but I am not a fan of under-dosing them. Some companies claim that their ingredients work "synergistically," but I do not think this is the case here (or usually ever). I cannot recommend this product because I do not think the price is worth the under-dosed ingredients and lack of effectiveness I received from it. If they doubled up the three ingredients other than caffeine and kept the price similar, it would be more of an appealing product.

9.2
Thanks to Naked Nutrition for sending it out!
  December 1, 2017

Pros:
 Cons:
  • All Natural
  • Improved Recovery
  • GMO And Dairy Free
  • Soy And Gluten Free
  • Super Quality
  • Two Scoop Serving

This is my second product from Naked Nutrition and I have been really impressed with their quality of proteins. They provide clean powders and a very clean, informative label that shows the amino acid profiles of the powder. As I head into the new year planning to really reduce my whey consumption, I am looking for more vegan sources of protein and I really enjoyed this one.

The lone ingredient in here is yellow pea protein. No sweeteners, flavors, dyes, or even emulsifiers. That is really impressive to me. Even on other brands of protein if you choose to go the unflavored route, there are usually emulsifiers (soy lecithin) or thickening agents (xanthan gum, carrageenan, etc) that I really do not want to consume if possible. From a macro standpoint, this is better than their whey in all three and still contains the same amount of calories. There is 0.5 g of fat (compared to 2g from the whey), 2 g of carbs (compared to 3 g), and 27 g of protein (compared to 25 g). It also contains no saturated fat, no cholesterol, and more electrolytes than the whey. Naked Pea protein contains all nine essential amino acids and the amounts of them are comparable to the whey amino acid profile.

Taste: Pretty much an NA because I strictly used this in smoothies. It does have an earthier taste to it than their whey, but if you use enough ingredients in the smoothie, you should not detect it much.

Mixability: Again also an NA. It is thicker, so I noticed that I had to use more liquid.

Dosing: Use whenever needed. Serving size is two scoops.

I noticed zero difference between using this and a whey protein from a recovery standpoint. I was not affected digestion wise as this digested fine with me. I noticed that this helped keep me more full longer I guess because it was a thicker protein and also maybe because it contained more protein per scoop. Since I have been trying to lose weight, I have been consuming more protein smoothies with fruits and vegetables and adding Naked Pea really helped in that regard. I mean the clean up with the blender is annoying, but it is not that big of a deal. Thanksgiving set me back a bit with the weight loss, but I am still on pace to hit 200 pounds by the end of December without losing much strength.

This is a much better price than their Naked Whey, beating it by almost $40 with the same servings. For a five pound jug, you can get it for $55. That is $11 per pound or about $0.72 a serving. That is almost $0.50 less per serving than the whey. This is even cheaper than many top brands' whey proteins including NutraBio.

Side Effects

Conclusion

I know I am probably considered a hippie, but I do not know why you would not consider supplementing with a pea protein, at least occasionally. You are saving animals and helping the environment at the same time. Yeah, I am sure this does not taste the best on its own, and even flavored pea proteins are chalky, but you can add ingredients to it to make it tolerable. This is a very competitive price for a five pound jug of protein, with a comparable amino acid profile to whey. You are also getting more protein per serving than just about any other whey protein powder I have seen. Thank you Naked for the chance to try it out; I think I have found my new source of protein powder.

Thanks to Naked Nutrition for sending it out!
  November 21, 2017

Pros:
 Cons:
  • Absent Of Dyes Preservatives And Sweeteners
  • Cleanest Ingredient Profile Possible
  • GMO Free
  • Soy Free
  • Grass Fed Whey
  • No Taste
  • Priced Like An Isolate

I have seen a bunch of ads about Naked on Facebook over the past year or so, so I was really excited to see that they came on SR. This type of protein is exactly what I am looking for: no dyes, artificial sweeteners/flavors, soy free, grass-fed.

As stated above, Naked whey contains no artificial dyes, flavors, sweeteners, is GMO and soy free, and is sourced from cows that are 100% grass fed. Being 100% grass fed is important because I have read that as long as cows have some access to grass, they can technically be considered "grass fed" and a majority of their diet still comes from GMO corn and soy. Why do you want to choose products from cows that are grass fed? They contain higher amounts of omega 3 fats, more CLA, less saturated fats, and IMO taste way better. In addition, cows are also not meant to even consume corn or soy, so it is bad for their health (which is then passed on to whoever consumes it) and worse for the environment. Cows on these industrial sized farms are actually one of the worst things for our environment and lead to a huge production of greenhouse gasses. Enough for my little rant, back to the protein.

The macros on this protein powder are 2 g of fat, 3 g of carbs (2 g being sugar) and 25 g of whey protein concentrate. According to the amino profile they have listed on the label, you get almost 6 g of BCAAs per serving.

Taste: This is kind of a NA because it does not contain any flavorings. It does kind of have a milk-like taste to it. I never used this in anything but my smoothies though. There is also a "less naked whey" that contains their flavored proteins which are flavored with coconut sugar and organic flavorings. If you do not know about coconut sugar, you should look into that as well. Coconut sugar smells and tastes pretty similar to brown sugar, but it is low glycemic and contains micronutrients as well. It is the only sugar I use at home.

Mixability: Also NA for me since like I said, I used it solely in smoothies. I agree with Wade though, it is a stickier powder than most other proteins I have used in the past.

Dosing: As with any protein you can consume this whenever as needed. A serving size is two scoops however, so that is a bit annoying.

I am currently trying to cut a bunch of weight. I have decided that I do not want to train for strength and size anymore as I constantly feel sore, run down, and my joints ache. I am planning to try to get down to 185 or less from 210 pounds by the beginning of the summer, so I really have been trying to consume a bit more protein than normal to not lose so much muscle. This has lead to a lot of protein smoothies with greens and fruits because I have also considerably cut down on my meat consumption over the past few months. Naked whey performed just as well as other proteins I have used in the past; it allowed me to recover from workouts and has a great amino profile. I used it whenever I was a bit hungry, so this helped satisfy any cravings I had.

This is where it could be a bit of a turn off to the average consumer. It sells for about $90 for a five pound container with 76 servings. That is $18 per pound or about $1.18 per serving. This would put it among whey isolate pricing, but it is a high quality source and I would be willing to purchase it in the future.

Side Effects

Conclusion

This is one of the cleanest ingredient profiles you will come across in the industry. If you are interested in clean ingredients and nothing artificial, then Naked Whey is a great choice. If you want cheap protein sources with a bunch of artificial ingredients and fillers, then you will not like the price of this protein. Thank you Naked Nutrition for sending this out.

Thanks to Raw Synergies for sending it out!
  October 26, 2017

• Increased Focus
  • All Natural Ingredients
  • Some Fat Lost
  • Fully Disclosed
  • High-quality Ingredients
  • Taste Takes A While To Get Used To

I am a big proponent of all-natural supplements. I eat and train for health reasons, not necessarily for looks, but of course that is a bonus. I believe that more supplements should be all-natural. It does not make sense to me in a "health related field" that companies use artificial sweeteners, flavors, and especially dyes in their products. Artificial dyes are my biggest pet peeve in the industry and I truly do not see a place for them. I will not use/purchase any product that contains artificial dyes, I do not care how impressive the profile is otherwise. I say this in just about all of my reviews, so sorry if I sound like a broken record.

As I mentioned above, big plus for being all-natural. It is also fully disclosed which you do not see much in fat burners. There is only 1.6 g of beta-alanine, but surprisingly I had slight tingles from this. ALCAR and Cognizin are included for focus. 250 mg of caffeine, 100 mg of Yerba mate powder, and 75 mg of TeaCrine included for energy. MCT powder, KSM-66, and Capsimax to all help burn fat in someway. BioPerine to help absorption. I like that half the ingredients that they have included are trademarked which improves the quality and potency of the ingredients. Stevia and monk fruit extract are the sweeteners used and beet root is added for color. This is a pretty simple profile, but it does work. As you can see there is nothing added in here for pumps, so if that is what you look for in a pre-workout, this is not for you.

Taste 6/10: Okay initially I absolutely hated this flavor; and this is coming from someone who uses Stevia pretty frequently. However, the taste really grew on me and I did not mind it as much. The Capsimax in here always left the last sip with a spicy note so if you are not a fan of spice, that could affect you a bit. I would be really interested if they had another flavor, as fruit punch is kind of boring by now in general, but please, no blue raspberry.

Mixability 10/10: This mixed up very well. I did not experience any foaming, settling, sticking etc. Nice job here

Dosing 9/10: One serving is two scoops, which is kind of annoying, but then again, it allows the user to slowly adjust if he/she is a beginner. Raw Synergies recommends 1-2 scoops at least a half hour before training.

I will start by saying that this is not the best pre-workout I have tried. However, that does not mean that it is not good and definitely provided what its claims were. The energy and thermo were definitely the biggest aspects for me in ThermoPre. I have been waking up around 5 to get to the gym by 530 and it woke me up and gave me enough energy to get through my workouts. Pretty quickly into my workouts I would be dripping sweat, even if it has started to really drop in temperature lately here in NJ. It always takes me a while to get warm and this made it a bit easier to do so.

The focus was pretty apparent and allowed me to keep my mind in tune with the weights. Mind never really wandered while on this. I have not paid much attention to my weight recently, but I do think I leaned out a bit. Nothing too crazy, but I have not been that strict with my diet. Cardio was a bit easier and that was when I really started sweating. A mile on the treadmill immediately followed by only a few minutes in the sauna made me look like I just came out of a pool.

The bad in here is what I mentioned earlier: there is nothing in here to provide a pump. That is not a deal breaker for me personally though. Obviously if you are one to "chase the pump" then you will either have to look to stack something or not purchase altogether.

I am only seeing this for $34 on Amazon. There are 24 servings/48 scoops in here, so at a full serving, that equals about $1.40 which is a bit on the pricier side. You have to realize that this is basically a pre-workout and thermo in one as well as using all-natural, quality ingredients, so the price tag is expected to be a bit higher.

Side Effects

None for me.

Conclusion

Definitely recommend checking this one out. It provides a two in one product at a pretty affordable price for the quality contained in here. I am going to purchase this in the future, especially when I want to cut up a bit. Thank you Raw Synergies for sending it out!

Overall
Thanks to BN Labs for sending it out!
  October 18, 2017

Pros:
 Cons:
  • Great Protein Per Serving
  • Organic Ingredients
  • No Soy

I have tried a few plant based proteins in the past, but never stuck with them since whey is almost always cheaper. Now, I am kind of toying with the idea of going vegetarian and cutting out any meat products and dairy. Over the past couple years, I have drastically cut down on my meat and milk consumption and I am really considering cutting them out completely from my diet.

BNLabs has created a fully organic, plant based protein without the inclusion of soy. Many plant based proteins today include soy, which I am not a fan of at all. I have jumped on the organic trend probably three years ago, so I liked that this is fully organic and certified by a third party. Supplements are probably the only thing I do not consume organic and that is just because there really is not a big market for organic supplements. That is why I have tried to stay away from products with low-quality/artificial ingredients and fillers. What I like most about this protein is that it contains 27g of protein per scoop. That is more than just about every other dairy-based protein that I have tried over the years. A big knock on plant based proteins is that they do not have a good amino profile or are not a complete protein. Well BNLabs uses four types of vegan protein sources (pea, brown rice, hemp, spirullina) to give a nice amino profile. It is a bit higher in calories and fat content than a good whey protein, but that is not really a big deal to me.

Taste 6/10: I received the caramel latte flavor and was not the biggest fan of it. It was not gross to me, but it smelled a lot better than it tasted. I strictly mixed this is water though, so take that into consideration. Maybe if it is mixed in an almond milk it may taste better. I probably would opt for a chocolate flavor in the future. BNLabs advertises that this is a grit free formula and if you have tried other plant based proteins before you would know that it is pretty grainy, similar to casein proteins back in the day. I would agree that this does not have that grainy texture and is pretty smooth. You can definitely tell it is not whey, but this is way more palatable.

Mixability 8/10: This is a pretty heavy protein and is not as light as whey protein is. However, it mixes pretty well for the most part and there is a minimal amount of clumping if you shake it well enough.

Dosing 9/10: Their recommendation is consume 1-3 scoops per day. I would stick to one since it is a bit pricey.

I thought that this was just as effective as any quality protein supplement. It was just as effective as whey aiding in recovery and I would say that it left me feeling satiated a lot more than whey. It is a lot thicker of a powder and that helped keep me full longer. The 27g of protein is a big selling point especially to those who are vegan because it is obviously a bit harder to meet your protein needs. Never had any issues digesting it.

This is pretty expensive and probably only appeals to a niche market. It can be found on Amazon for just about $50. At 30 servings, that equals $1.67 a serving. This is a lot more expensive than a whey protein where most quality proteins are about $1 a scoop, so if you do not care about going vegan, this is not for you. However, if you are a vegan and you want to stay away from cheap soy as well as finding an organic protein, than this is not too bad of a price.

Side Effects

Conclusion

I liked this protein and will definitely consider it in the future, although I will be choosing another flavor. This probably will not appeal to a lot of you on this site and I get that, but that does not make it a bad protein and for the quality in here, it is not an awful price. Thank you to BNLabs for sending this out!