IamAlex

SR TROOPer

• Member has been active for 6 years, and was last online 3 months ago
  • Social media account not linked

Reviews by IamAlex

January 12, 2014

After hearing good things about Genomyx, I was eager to get my hands on this product. Genomyx was generous enough to send 40 servings of this to my doorstep, and while it's always difficult to give a low rating to a product that you've received for free, I'm here to give my honest opinion.

Ingredient Profile- 7

I was pleasantly surprised with the profile of this, albeit the prop blend. We've got Creapure, Carnosyn, agmatine sulfate, caffeine, and "4-Amino-2-Methylpentane Citrate" which is supposed to be a replacement DMAA?. Anyways, it all looks pretty on paper.

Effectiveness= 4
...

Ingredient Profile- 7

Effectiveness= 4

I'm not really sure what the issue here is, but it never really "did" anything for me. I didn't notice much of anything really... No pump, no increased focus, and energy comparable to maybe a 5hr Energy.

It didn't seem to make a difference when I bumped up to 2 scoops either, except then I started getting light headed and short of breath.

Taste/Mixability- 7

I would call this the cliche fruit punch flavor. It tastes decent and does a good job of masking the the bitter ingredients. This is an ultra fine powder, and it mixes very easily.

Value- 4

The pre-workout market is a very competitive and over crowded one. A product has to work well and be affordable to compete.. This does neither.

Like the summary says, this was a forgettable experience. I would be willing to try a reformulated version but in the meantime I can't say I would recommend this to anyone.
 Pros:
 Cons:
  • Mixes Well
  • Tastes Fine
  • Felt Light-headed
  October 29, 2013

There has never been an experience that has given me such a warm and fuzzy feeling since I received my box of goodies from Mr. Coleman's supplement line. Many thanks to big Ron for this opportunity!

This particular product no doubt took the cake for me out of all the supplements I received.

EFFECTIVENESS/PROFILE - 9.0

This protein really covers the bases, from the blend of different proteins, the creatine, the betaine, etc. This is what a protein supplement should be.

EFFECTIVENESS/PROFILE - 9.0

I used it for my post workout shake, between meals, upon waking, and whenever else I needed help to meet my protein intake goals. It served it's purpose beautifully. I particularly enjoyed it's low sugar content and it being aspartame free. Oh, and it's got chunks of cookie in it... Cookies are good.

TASTE- 10.0

Put simply, the Double Chocolate Cookie is the best tasting protein I've ever had. Enough said.

Mixability- 8.5

As long as I had my Blender Bottle, it was great. Spoon stirring was a little bit difficult, but not a deal breaker by any means...

VALUE- 7.0

Ouchy. This stuff is pricey. But, I'm a huge believer in that you get what you pay for.

Expensive? Yes. Quality product? Yes. Therefore it is easily worth the money, making it a good value (in my book anyways).

OVERALL- 9.0

I've been using this for about 6 months now, and I'm not planning on changing my protein anytime soon. It suits my needs, it tastes fantastic, and I haven't gotten tired of it.

I was indeed a skeptic of the whole Ronnie Coleman line. I kind of felt it was going to be along the lines of Muscletech... I am no longer a skeptic. This protein shines like a diamond in today's market littered with companies trying to sell what is a lousy excuse for a protein supplement. Not this though. This is worth your hard earned money.
 Pros:
 Cons:
  • Betaine
  • Fabulous Taste
  • Effective
  • Solid Profile

Shrunken balls, low/zero sex drive, low energy... Ah yes, the wonderful world of PCT for us PH users. This is Forerunner Labs product to help "Reboot" your hormone levels after a cycle.

I used this in my PCT along with a healthy dose of Toremifene after a harsh cycle consisting of Mechabol, Trenavar, and 5-Alpha Test for 6 weeks. I had a great cycle with great gains, but surprisingly I never did experience a full "shut down" on cycle. Then came the PCT.

EFFECTIVENESS- 7

EFFECTIVENESS- 7

I rated it a 7 because while it is effective, there are other products out there that are just as good. But the convenience of an all in one product make this an attractive option.

It covers the bases from estrogen, cortisol, and testosterone levels. I'm a big believer in DAA, and this product includes it ( I hear this may be changing in the near future though).

To sum the effectiveness up, I was able to bust a nut during the entire PCT. Please excuse my crudeness but that's a big deal.

VALUE- 7

It's got DAA, cortisol control, estrogen control, and even immune system support. All for $40-50... Not a bad deal. CRAY IS A POOPHEAD.

OVERALL- 7

I was quite satisfied with my experience. Probably my smoothest PCT to date.

I would rate this higher, but given that I never did experience full shutdown during the actual PH cycle, I don't feel I truly put Reboot to the test. I look forward to doing so!

A big thanks to Flash, Cray, and the folks over at FRL for this opportunity!
     Pros:
     Cons:
    • Effective
    • Convenient

Every time I hear someone mention the word pump, I can't help but hear it in the Arnold voice. "The pump"... But, he was right. We are all chasing that "pump".

I've been a huge fan of Purus Labs ever since I've started using D-pol, which is hands down my favorite supplement. So naturally I was really excited when I learned that they were developing a new product called Condense that was going to be a "pump" product. I was kindly given the opportunity to run this product in full, and here is my review.

EFFECTIVENESS- 5.5

All in all, I was disappointed by what Condense brought t...

EFFECTIVENESS- 5.5

All in all, I was disappointed by what Condense brought to the table for me. There's two main complaints I have about it. It's not consistent, and the amount or type of stimulants needs to be changed. When I say it's inconsistent, I do realize that there are other factors (timing, meals, workout routines, etc) that affect a products like this, but I never could figure out what I needed to do to make this work every time. Sometimes, it would blow me up like I've never seen before, but that's where my complaint about the stimulant content comes in.

I needed 2 full scoops to achieve the desired results which adds up to 400mg of caffeine. Right as I was really starting to enjoy the pump (when I would get a big pump), I would start getting so nauseated from the amount of stims that I couldn't finish my workout. Other times I wouldn't see much of a pump at all, but I was still getting sick from the amount of caffeine. I would much rather see this product caffeine/stimulant free or at least the amount of stimulants dialed down.

I'm not a vascular person to begin with, so the fact that I didn't notice an increase in my vascularity doesn't surprise me. So with that said I can't say for sure if it increases vascularity.

TASTE/MIXABILITY- 8

It seems this is a topic of differing opinions, but I for one thought the Crisp Apple flavor was amazing. It was refreshing and easy to drink, and there was absolutely no bitterness or funky after taste with this.

It mixed well, leaving only a small amount of sediment at the bottom of my cup. Nothing major.

VALUE- 5
      I can only give this a 5, even though it's what I consider an affordable price. Affordably priced or not, a products value is directly affected by its quality. Unfortunately, in this scenario the quality was lacking for me.

OVERALL-5.5

Even though I'm disappointed with Condense, I still am a huge fan of Purus Labs. They're on the leading edge of science in the supplement industry, and I'd say they're onto something with this product. Maybe it just needs a bit of tweaking or reformulating, or maybe I'm just a non-responder.

I really had high expectations with Condense, and a few times it did meet them. But with how inconsistent it was for me I really can't say I would recommend it to someone based off my experience. Now it does seem that for other people it works quite well every time, and that's seeming to be the trend with supplements that utilize nitrates. Some supplements are "hit or miss", and this was simply a miss in my scenario.
       Pros:
       Cons:
      • Great Flavor
      • Inconsistent
      • Too Much Caffeine

I'm not sure if you guys have heard of NLA Performance.....

Just kidding. Not only has everyone heard of them, most of you dislike them due to the recent flood of fake/lousy reviews on this product in particular. Kevin hooked up the ER crew with a full tub and this is my review of it. Read it.

SUPP-D is a SOLID product my friends.

EFFECTIVENESS- 8.5

I'm not sure if you guys have heard of NLA Performance.....

SUPP-D is a SOLID product my friends.

EFFECTIVENESS- 8.5

Most of the time you don't get a solid pump and great energy from just one product. This gave me the cleanest and most potent energy of any preworkout I've tried. I didn't get jittery, I didn't crash, no heart racing, etc. Everybody always comments on focus, and I feel it's somewhat cliche, but I honestly felt more focused when using this as well. Really focused.

I was really surprised by the pump also. I've tried agmatine before, but this was much more effective than agmatine alone. Usually only a nitrate product can deliver these results for me.

I can't really say a whole lot besides I really enjoyed using this product. It's also very consistent. I also felt it put me in a better mood? I'm aware that sounds strange but I just felt great with the energy from this.

TASTE/MIXABILITY- 7

It's the generic tasting fruit punch. It does a good job of masking the bitter taste of the ingredients, and it's not overly sweet. I would prefer more flavors to be available.

It mixes good, with very litte sediment left over after spoon stirring it in a cup. I will complain as others have done though about the red dye. It's quite strong, leaving a red tint in my cup or shaker mug. Not a huge deal though.

VALUE- 6.0

$30 for 40 scoops, and I use 1.5 scoops per serving which equals out right at $1 per serving. Not a bad deal. But not a great deal. There are cheaper products, but in this scenario you get what you pay for.

OVERALL- 8

If this were one of the first preworkouts I'd taken you would see straight 10's. However, being the supplement junkie that I am, I've tried IT ALL. So when you see me rating this as an 8 you better believe it's legit. It gave me fantastic energy and focus, solid pumps, and it worked everytime.

Also I feel the ingredient list, although a prop blend, was quite thorough. It has almost everything I like to see in it. A nitrate addition would be nice though.

Maybe I'm crazy, but I feel NLA has a great product here, and despite all the controversy surrounding them I really think this product deserves some attention from the members.
       Pros:
       Cons:
      • Clean Potent Energy
      • Laser Sharp Focus
      • Mood Enhancer
      • Solid Pump
      • One Flavor
      • Average Value
      • Strong Dye

I had to opportunity to run the formula containing the now banned 1,3 Dimeth a few months back so I figured I'd show my appreciation for Lecheek and SSGdimsmash for making this happen. Not to mention, a solid product deserves a review!

EFFECTIVENESS 8/10

EFFECTIVENESS 8/10

This is considered a thermogenic, i.e., it speeds your metabolism and in turn you burn more calories. I did experience an increase in my body temperature as I found myself sweating somewhat more than usual. However, I felt that what was so effective about this product was that it totally crushed my appetite. Anything that can slow down my endless appetite is money when it comes to me and my fat loss goals. It may have not "burned" the fat off of me, but it sure did help me control my appetite and in turn lose fat due to a proper diet.

Dosing is simple and straightforward, the pills are easy to swallow as well. I am extremely stimulant tolerant, and I found myself getting some slight jitters when taking this. The energy it supplied was solid and noticeable, but I found it to be too much when trying to exercise (racing heart, light headedness). I lift in the mornings, so I took this after my workouts.

At around $30, this is a good value. I've tried other products which were costlier and have less effects. Lecheek has a solid product here, and it stands toe-to-toe with anything else on the market (anything that's legal :]). If you're contemplating this, I give it the nod over OEP by USPlabs.
       Pros:
       Cons:
      • Crushed Appetite
      • Solid Energy
      • Affordable

Unfortunately, Anabolic Freak has proved itself disappointing in my book. I had high hopes for this product too. I must send my thanks to PharmaFreak for the opportunity to review this product free of charge.

Effectiveness- 3/10

I know most of the time it can take some time for a product such as this to "kick in", and while I only ran the one bottle, I really never experience any noticeable changes besides a libido boost. No increased stamina, muscle hardness, increase in strength, or anything really.

Effectiveness- 3/10

Also, I dosed the product as directed by PharmaFreak. I've have excellent results with another DAA product that I'm sure you guys are familiar with, and this didn't deliver the results I anticipated.

The libido boost was definitely there, which is always a great thing. But I can get the same boost from other products and get the added muscle building effects that this lacked.

Dosing/Ingredients- 4

Dosing was simple and straight forward, and the ingredient list is solid. I won't cover it in-depth, but you've got the test boosting properties of DAA, anti-cortisol and anti-estrogen ingredients thrown in there too, and on paper it looks good.

Value-2

Value is completely relient on the effectiveness of a product in my opinion. If this product sold for $5, it still wouldn't be a good value in my book. But this sells for $50-60. Ouch. Nope, that's not gonna work. Another direct competitor for this sells for $20.

Overall- 3

I'll give it that just for the increased libido. I mean for a guy who's 22 and gets increased libido, thats worth a little something. But you won't see me spending my money on this. I'm not sure what the problem is with Anabolic Freak, but I didn't have a good experience. Didn't have a bad one either. But that doesn't cut it in the supplement world.

Pros:
         Cons:
        • Solid Ingredient Profile
        • Increased Libido

I've never been much of a believer in HGH boosting supplements, and unfortunately this didn't change my outlook much on them. However, it is a cool green color when you mix it in a glass of water :)

Finaflex was generous in allowing me to review this product free of charge, and I'm very grateful for this kindness.

EFFECTIVENESS (4/10)

The first few times I took this, I had great sleep and I woke up very refreshed, which basically never happens for me. I'm always groggy no matter what. So I was very surprised at first...

But that quickly faded and then turned to the other end of...

EFFECTIVENESS (4/10)

But that quickly faded and then turned to the other end of the spectrum, making me extremely groggy and drowsy in the morning. Also, I never noticed any increase in recovery or being in a better mood. This isn't exactly what I would call effective.

TASTE (3/10)

It has a very odd taste, and it burns your mouth and throat like some sort of harsh chemical would. I was not a fan of the taste at all, but I would call it a citrusy taste, and it wasn't very enjoyable to drink at all.

Also, there was a pretty large amount to consume when you mixed with 12-16oz water, making the experience more unpleasant.

Price (3/10)

At $30-40 per tub, and with 20 servings per tub, the price is steep. Pair that with the uneffectiveness of the product it's a downright lousy value.

Overall (3/10)

I don't mean to be harsh on the product or the company, but if the product doesn't work for me than it doesn't deserve a favorable review from me either. I didn't have a very good experience with this product.

• Caused Extreme Drowsiness

This product has been an eye opener for me. A mainly whey concentrate product that is as effective as an isolate? I say yes.

There's only so much to say about a basic protein powder, so this isn't going to be very long or in-depth. It's a stripped down, no BS product that I genuinely enjoyed and fully intend to purchase another tub.

EFFECTIVENESS (9/10)

EFFECTIVENESS (9/10)

I've used protein supplements from A-Z, from the cheapest all the way to the most expensive stuff I can get my hands on. I've had nothing but good come from using this. I used this in place of my isolate products and I felt like I was just as well off, and mind you that this product costs considerably less. Also, I have a very sensitive stomach and I never did have digestion issues with this. The profile is fantastic, no useless fillers, no added sugar, this stuff is a legit protein powder.

TASTE (8.5/10)

Every review of this raves about the taste, and its obvious as to why from the first sip you drink. The chocolate flavor is very satisfying, and not once did I get tired of it. Also, it's very easy to mix. No clumps or funky texure. It's as good or better than anything I've ever tried.

VALUE (8.5/10)

Tiger Fitness sells a 5lb jug for $45, and this makes the product even more attractive. 67 servings with 25g of protein per serving. It's a great value.

OVERALL (9/10)

Until I ran out of my 5lb tub of this, my other protein powders sat in the cabinet collecting dust. I like to alternate my proteins, but I found this one to be my favorite. It's nothing fancy, but it's solid no doubt. Being affordable, effective, scrumptuous, it's a definite win in my book. Before you buy your next tub of Gold Standard Whey, or any protein for that matter, give this a chance. You will be pleasantly surprised.
          • Amazing Taste
          • Solid Profile

After being tired of protein shakes and protein bars, I decided to give MHP's Power Pak pudding a shot. And all in all, I'm VERY satisfied with this, albeit the one major con.

TASTE- I was pleasantly surprised at the great taste. It's along the lines of a sugar free Snack Pack, but it seems a bit more satisfying to my sweet tooth to eat this stuff. 9g of carbs and it tastes great. This is a definite win in my book for taste satisfaction.

-9.5

-9.5

EFFECTIVENESS- MHP uses milk protein isolate and soy protein isolate. I'm not afraid of a little soy protein, and the milk protein isolate makes it a great slower digestion protein perfect for anytime really. I use it for breakfast occasionally, in between meals, and even for dessert. It's also very filling.

I can't really say that this helped me in any particular area besides helping meet my protein intake goals, but at 190 calories and 30g of protein, you really can't go wrong. It's effective at serving it's purpose.

-8.5

VALUE- It's overpriced. Even when you take into consideration that each pudding is in a metal can which would obviously drive the cost up compared to plastic packaging, it's still overpriced. I think it should be $2 a can, not $3.50. They've got a unique product here, and I feel like they're taking advantage of that fact by jacking up the price.

OVERALL- Even though I'm disappointed with the price, I'll continue to buy this product. For the purpose this serves, it's a great product. It tastes great, it's low carb, lactose free, it's got a convenient pop-top, resealable, and its VERY filling. You should give this a try if you haven't already.

-8.5

Pros:
             Cons:
            • Taste Great
            • Replaceable Cover
            • Low Carb / High Protein
            • Lactose Free