Gdolce42

May 16, 2018

• No Prop Blends
  • Increased Recovery
  • Taste Needs A Little Work

What is up guys this is Dr. G here for another review. Today I am reviewing CGT Max from nutrabio. Advertised as an energy supplement I think it does a lot more than that. I think the ingredients included allow a good amount of recovery and helps with muscle growth as well.

Creatine Complex (5g)

Creatine Complex (5g)
Creatine monohydrate (4.17g) and creatine magna powder (833mg) - If you guys don't know the physiological process of creatine I am going to give you a quick overview. ATP is the source of energy in all of our bodies once ATP is formed the workouts you perform and contracting muscle causes your body to use ATP. Once ATP is used it is reduced into ADP and then creatine helps turn ADP into ATP for your body to use. Yes this is only one part of what creatine does, but I thought I would give a quick overview since there are also newbies on this site. Additionally, creatine has been studied extensively. There are probably close to 7000 peer reviewed articles on creatine and its ability. Most of these found three common results of creatine: increased muscle levels of creatine, improved training intensity, and greater increases in lean body mass. Creatine Magna powder this a combination of magnesium and creatine which are both used for ATP synthesis. This is included, I am assuming, to improve the effects of creatine.

L-glutamine (4g) - Glutamine plays key roles in protein metabolism, cell volumizing, and anti-catabolism. Glutamine's anti-catabolism ability prevents the breakdown of your muscles. Glutamine levels deplete during workouts, but supplementing extra glutamine is not necessarily to gain more muscle, but for the maintenance effects of L-Glutamine.

Taurine (2g) - Taurine has several functions can help expand your cells by helping the muscle cell hold more water, and therefore increasing cell volume. This is important to us because expanded muscle cells can boost hydration resulting in a higher rate of protein synthesis. This is an ingredient that is present in many energy drinks as well as it has been said to have an energy component.

Taste was good, but not absolutely great (I think this is just more because of the flavor). Like I have said in many other of my reviews I really like lemon and lime flavored supplements. For this one I did not mind drinking it, but it was almost a flavor overload for me. I know that you can just add more water to make the flavor less intense, but I also don't want to be drinking so much water just to take a supplement. In terms of mixability, I think it was good. There was really no settling if you used the correct amount of water and for me I usually drank it with 12 oz in my shaker cup. For dosing 1 scoop was 12.3g and I thought was a pretty good amount. In my opinion this was a perfect amount.

Loved this product! I think that the combination of ingredients in this product really helped me during the time I took it. During the entire time I was taking this product I notice great recovery from workout to workout. I could play basketball and lift one day then come back the next day and do the same thing without any major muscular repercussion. I usually took this throughout the day including right after my workouts and on the way to work. For my second serving I took it during my lunch which is at about 2:00pm everyday. This product gave me a nice little pick me up during the middle of the day. I like depending on this for energy because I also got the extra creatine I needed without having to take another pure creatine supplement. This is a great segway to talk about the improved energy this product gave me. I usually need some type of upper when I am working whether it be coffee or other stimulants. These other stimulants gave me a minor crash toward the end of the day but taking this instead allowed me to get through the day. The product overall hit every nail right on the head and performed as advertised. I really think everyone should give this a go.

For 40 servings I found this supplement on NutraBio's website for $20.99 and believe it or not they do not sell this on bodybuilding.com. I did find this on amazon.com for $19.96 for 40 servings which is about .50 per serving. Overall I think this is a good value based on what you get out of this supplement.

Side Effects

Conclusion

This is another great product put out by Nutrabio. I think it offers a variety of benefits including improved energy, increase creatine supplementation, improved recovery, and increased endurance. If you have not given this a try I recommend complementing your workout routines with this supplement. As always make sure you do your research before taking a new supplement.

May 14, 2018

• Fully Disclosed Label
  • Proper Doses
  • Headache And GI Issues At Times
  • No Muscle Build

What's up guys I am here reviewing Nutra Bio PRE. Overall I think this product had a really good design with the ingredient profile and the ability to increase focus and energy. At the end of the day NutraBio is always a go-to for me, but this this PWO just didn't do the job I was hoping for. I think for me it really lacked the ability to get me to the one extra rep. I will explain below.

Power,Strength and Endurance Complex (14.4g)

Power,Strength and Endurance Complex (14.4g)

L-Leucine (3.5g) - this is a good ingredient to have I included for endurance purpose. Leucine is a naturally occurring amino acid in your body and supplementation can help supply the muscles energy when they are put under stress. A couple other beneficial effects of leucine are that it maintains nitrogen balance in the body, and also preserves muscle glycogen.

Beta Alanine (3.2g) - One of my favorite ingredients that should be (in my opinion) included in every PWO. This is a really good one to get you those extra reps during the workout and toward the end of the workout. People that I know have said that it gives them the tingly feeling, but I personally have never experienced this. I get some good results from this ingredient.

PharmaPure Creatine Monohydrate (3g) - this is just your basic creatine monohydrate which helps improve lean muscle mass, increase muscle strength and can help with recovery during and after exercise.

Beatine Anhydrous (2.5g) - Helps to promote strength and overall bodily composition. There was a study done on trained and untrained men taking this product. The results showed little to no improvement in strength in untrained men, but demonstrated an effectiveness in improving strength in men with a intermediate training background

DL Malic Acid (1.7g)
Creatine MagnaPower (500mg)

Nitric Oxide Pump Matrix (7.75g)
L-citrulline (6g) - This helps boost nitric oxide in your body dilating blood vessels allowing more blood and oxygen to be delivered to your muscles during the workout. This also is known to play a role in reducing the ammonia decreased exercises induced fatigue.

Agmatine Sulfate (1g) - This ingredient has roles in regulating nitric oxide synthesis, promoted recovery in muscles and promoted muscle growth and stamina

Nitrosigine (750mg) - I was not really sure what this was so I had to do some research and found their website. According to the website it is said to work within 15 minutes. The website states that it may help enhance performance by promoting blood flow and by increasing focus and energy. In a study I am guessing was performed by scientists with this company Nitrosigine significantly increased nitric oxide (NO) production over each ingredient tested: Arginine AKG, Agmatine Sulfate, Citrulline Malate, L-Arginine, and Citrulline.

Focus and Stim Matrix
L-tyrosine (1.5g) - this is a building block of protein as well as a precursor to epinephrine. This ingredient helps fat to be metabolized to be burned for energy. This also has a good effect in improving cognitive ability and alertness.

Caffeine (350mg) - we all know what this does!

TheaPure L-Theanine (300mg) - This in combination with caffeine have a great effect on improving energy and focus which is more than likely why this is included in this product.

The flavor that I received was blue raspberry. Overall I though the taste was fine nothing too special, but the biggest issue I had with the PWO was that it was impossible to mix in a regular glass. I would consistently get settling and "fluff" on the top of the liquid. Once I switched to a shaker bottle this was mainly avoided, but in my mind I still should not get this if I am trying to used a glass and spoon. That being said even with the shaker bottle I still got some settling. For dosing one medium sized scoop was 28.7 grams.

Overall I give this section a B. There are many reasons why this can be a great product for people. I think it has good ingredients that promotes muscle growth as well as overall endurance and focus. The reasons why this worked for me is the endurance and focus factor. I think that the PWO gave me the energy I needed to get to the gym and get my workout done in full. Unfortunately when I am looking at a PWO I am looking for more than just endurance and focus. I need that supplement that will give me the ability to get those extra reps and sets consistently so I can GROW! This just didn't do it for me. Side note: This is particularly interesting because I love Beta Alanine and this is the ingredient that is meant to do this! (maybe I need to rethink) I never really felt like going the extra mile during my workouts. I originally thought that it was possibly from a repetitive workout so I decided to change that up. Even with the change I experienced the same issues. The only other supplements I was taking at the time was creatine and BCAA which is consistent for me so I am fairly confident those were not the issues. I would have like this PWO to get me the extra mile and perform the extra reps and sets. The other downfall was the side effects that I explain below. I really didn't like going to the bathroom at work having to make a quick stop between the patients I was having to treat.

The value of this PWO is slightly more than other PWO I have tried and seen. For $39.99 you can get the 20 serving container on bodybuilding.com at $2.00/serving. You can get this on the nutrabio website for the same price. The cheapest site I found this on was ebay.com for $36.99, but for me if I am buying an PWO I am more than likely not getting it from ebay.com. This is a fairly expensive PWO so everyone needs to make sure to do their research.

Side Effects

This was a big downfall for this supplement. The very first time I drank this until the last drop I consistently got stomach issues. I am not entirely sure what caused this since most of the ingredients I have taken before. I would also have to go to the bathroom right before and after the workout, and to say the least it was not normal bowel movements. I also experienced mild stomach aches post workout from this.

Conclusion

Overall this a very average PWO for me. The ingredient profile is great and I think for some people it has very good potential to get you through the hard workouts. For me it didn't do what I wanted or expected. I am not sure what could have been changed, but for the side effects reason I probably would be reluctant to try this again.

9.1
7.1
  April 13, 2018

• Strenght Gain
  • Muscle Hypertophy
  • Needs To Dissolve Better
  • Expensive Compared To Monohydrate

Whats up guys here for another review this time for Beast Creature a creatine supplement made to provide you with all your creatine needs. I love creatine and my body responds well to it, that is why I decided to scoop this one up. After taking a variety of types I have not found one type that works best over another. For me creatine supplements are also a good supplement to be adding when trying to get a little bulk for the summer months.

Creatine 5x Complex (4000mg) - creatine monohydrate, Di-creatine malate, creatine anhydrous, buffered creatine, creatine gluconate - With creatine monohydrate there have been studies showing increase creatine levels in males who frequently take it by 10-40%. Creatine has also been proven to increase exercises capacity by 70%, but as I will state below I didn't find this to be one of the benefits for me. Then only different between the buffered creatine and regular creatine monohydrate is that the buffered creatine is created from creatine monohydrate to protect it during digestion and prevents it from being broken down too quickly. With creatine gluconate, creatine is combine with glucose ion which helps the creatine be pushed throughout the body more rapidly allowing it to be absorbed rapidly.

Creatine Optimizer (92.5mg) - Banaba leaf extract, Biotin, Cinnamon Bark extract, chromium picolinate - These are actually made to increase your body's insulin sensitivity. I can't really tell why Beast does this but the thought is that when you increase the body's insulin sensitivity (decrease insulin) then your body does a better job absorbing nutrients from the food you take it. This would mean that yo can absorb the creatine better. Normally people want an insulin spike when taking creatine, but beast may have it figured out.

Good taste and very average mixability. I received the citrus flavor which was lucky for me because I normally prefer this flavor. In this supplement it contained 4 grams of creatine product and 1 gram of creatine optimizer. The scoop for this product was fairly large for what I prefer in powder form of creatine but I made it work. I mixed it with 10 to 12 oz of water but still experienced a lot of settling if I didn't consistently mix it. If you don't drink the product right after you mix it

Beast sports nutrition has got another good product on their hands. The effectiveness of this product trumps the negative mixability. My body handles creatine very well and every time I aiming to gain muscle and bulk up this is the first product I go and pick up. This product has 5 different forms of creatine all with different dissolvability to help in the long term and short term. In my opinion creatine is one of those supplements thaty you need to be taking for a longer period of time before it really starts to work. In addition, it is also one of those supplements which you can take at any point of the day. There has been mixed opinions and research when to take creatine. For me I take it in the morning before my workout then again laster in the day so I aim to take 10 g of creatine a day. With that being said after taking this product I notice a large increase in "bulkiness". I noticed I was retaining a lot of water making me look very big, bigger than normal. This is the first creatine I took that made me blow up like this, but not necessarily a bad thing. This is what I was aiming for, but now that I finished this product I am going to cycle off of creatine for a little wile I start to cut and lose the water and fat I have gained during the hypertrophy workouts. In regrads to endurance, I don't think that is reason you take creatine. There are many other supplements in which you can be taking specifically an intraworkout supplement to give you the increased endurance you need. As always, with hypertrophy comes strength. As I began to notice the effects of this supplement I also notice a nice increase in strength specifically in my shoulder and legs during military press and squat. Overall a very good creatine supplement that will get you to where you want to be in the muscle and strength department.

A decent value for what you get. On bodybuilding.com this product is $22.97 which is a little higher than some of the other creatine I get but not bad. On amaxon.com they have it for $23.43 so actually slightly more which is rare for amazon. On the vitamin shoppe website it is $29.99, as expected. I find this store has some inflated prices.

Side Effects

dehydration as all creatines have the capability in doing.

Conclusion

A great creatine supplement that is worth picking up on your time as well as on the SR website if they have it available again. I think it does a really good job combining the different kinds of creatine to create the creature you desire. The only downside is the mixability but don't let that deter you from trying it.

April 6, 2018

Pros:
 Cons:
  • Good Ingredient Profile
  • Need More Than 30 Servings For Proper Joint Health

What's up guys another review here this time for Beast Sports Beast Pack. The pack is made up of a variety of ingredients to support immune health, improve joint health, increase cognitive function, and improve overall heart health. Overall this product did not do much for me with one round of packs and I think I would need 2 to make a difference.

Beast Joint Complex Blend (1400mg) - glucosamine sulfate, Boswellia serrata, turmeric powder - normally when you take a joint supplement it is used to provide strength to your bones. Unfortunately, what people do not know is that you have to take supplements like glucosamine, chondritin, and turmeric for multiple weeks to months for there to be a substantial difference. I tell my patients that these are always something to be taking because in the long run they can really help out the health of your joints.

Beast Essential Fatty Acid Complex (100mg) - fish oil, conjugate linoleic acid, lipase - Fish oil is a good product to be taking to benefit your heart (cardiovascular), decrease overall inflammation in the body, and can also serve for some cognitive benefits. Lipase is an enzyme that catalyzes fat in the body.

Beast Cognitive Complex (611mg) - Bacopa monnieri, Ashwagandha withania somnifera powder, Ginkgo biloba Extract, Huperzia serrata extract, L-Alpha Glycerylphosphoryl Choline - Bacopa monnieri is actually used as a low level replacement for drugs for ADHD and help boosting cognitive effectiveness. Ginkgo bilboa can help combat poor concentration, decrease fatigue, and help cognitive decline. The other three ingredients have similar effects.

Beast Heart Complex Blend (530mg) - Garlic Powder, Hawthorne Powder, Coenzyme Q10 - Hawthorne powder as a variety of benefits including lower blood pressure, promoting immunity, promote digestion, and improve respiratory function. Co Q10 primary responsibility is to help prevent cells from being damage and promotes overall cardiovascular health.

Beast Super Foods Blend (212.5mg) - There is a long laundry list of ingredients in this section. Overall it is designed to support your physical training, also has some benefits with joint health, and helps with nutrient absorption and digestion.

Probiotic Complex (112mg) - helps with nutrient absorption and digestion.

There was no significant taste or mixability factors since they were 30 capsules. Dosing was one capsule of each ingredient. I usually took these first thing in the morning with my breakfast and at night with my dinner.

I am going to give this review a nice honest effectiveness section. Since this product was more of a general health supplement I was not expecting to necessarily "feel" a lot. I was expecting to have overall increased energy and expect to have a good recovery rate/immune boost after my workouts once I completed a week or two of packs. With this product I didn't really get a whole lot. I am not one for the general health packs that many companies sell, but I was intrigued since I have not tried some in a long while. I was expecting to "feel healthy" if that makes any sense. I was expecting a good rate of immune health as well as recovery while taking this product. There may have been a slightly boost in my immune system (since I am just overcoming a respiratory infection) and recovery of my body physiologically, but otherwise there was not really much of a change. It didn't necessarily do a lot that i noticed, but it is always good to take general health supplements and that is why I am not going to totally dock this product.

I would like to make a comment about the joint health complex. According to experience and a multitude of research the joint complex portion of this supplement takes more than 2 weeks to work. If you take this product 2x/day you only get 15 days out of it. In my opinion that is not enough to notice a significant change. In order to get a change that you will notice you would need to take a couple rounds of this supplement.

The first site I found this on was bodybuilding.com for $34.99 for 30 packs. On the beast website I found the 30 packs for $38.99 which is slightly more than the bodybuilding site. Interestingly enough I also found the product on Walmart.com online site for $34.99 for the same 30 packs.

Side Effects

None that I was aware of.

Conclusion

General health packs are something that shoulder be incorporated into your daily routine, but don't expect to necessarily "feel" a lot. I think the product has some good benefits such as digestion rates, immune health, and joint complex, but you need more than one round of it for it to make a difference. Always do your research and remember these products may not be good for me or someone else but great for another person.

April 4, 2018

Pros:
 Cons:
  • Increased Focus
  • Long Lasting Energy
  • Substance Settling

What's up guys another review here this time for Beast Mode Black by Beast Sports Nutrition. This PWO is based primarily on caffeine which I normally prefer not to take. I like beta alanine based products because they give me more focus and energy, but this PWO exceeded my expectations and I recommend those serious about taking their workouts to the next level to try it.

CaroSyn Beta-Alanine (1.6g) - This is one of my favorite ingredients in PWO. It is responsible for the tingling feeling that some of you may experience. Physiologically it is made to decrease fatigue and improve endurance allowing you to push toward those last few reps with a good amount of power.

Agmatine Sulfate (600mg) - This ingredient is responsible for a variety of factors that are irrelevant in this context. In regards to your workouts this can inhibit certain enzymes which allows your body to regulate elevated levels of nitric oxide. Nitric oxide is responsible for relaxing blood vessels and allowing a greater amount of blood into your working muscles.

N-Acetyl-L-Tyrosine (500mg) - For certain people, tyrosine taken both before and after exercise can improve both workout intensity and recovery. Since tyrosine can increase catecholamine synthesis and caffeine and green tea can increase catecholamine release to increase arousal and performance.

Taurine (500mg) - An amino acid that is in very high concentration in certain muscle fibers in the body. In a nutshell taurine can increase cell hydration which allows a greater amount of protein synthesis and may result in a feeling of muscle "fullness".

Caffiene Anhydrous (400mg) - ENERGY!!!!!

DMAE Bitartrate 30% (300mg) - This is an ingredient that is thought to increase acetylcholine in the body. ATCH is responsible for acting at the neuromuscular junction and responsible for the contraction of the muscle. By having more ATCH in your body the greater the muscle contraction (in theory)

Fruite-B Calcium Fructoborate (216mg) - A study done on males taking 10mg for one week showed an increase in testosterone levels and a decrease in estrogen levels. In this same study is was seen that the testosterone levels may increase up to 30%.

Yohimbe Extract (75mg) - This ingredient has shown positive results in improving fat loss and lean muscle gain, but has not been shown to have any effect on pure muscle building or enhancing performance.

Theacrine (25mg) - Theacrine acts pretty good on its own, but when combined with caffeine, the combo can provide all the benefits of caffeine without unwanted side effects which works wonderfully in this supplement.
"Data published at the 2017 International Society of Sports Nutrition conference demonstrated a large improvement in reaction time among soccer players after they took a combination of TeaCrine, a pure form of theacrine, and caffeine. Researchers suggested that the athletes were able to sustain greater focus under fatigue for a longer period when combining the two ingredients" (this is an exerpt taken from Dalinghaus, 2017: Society of Sports Nutrition Conference). Making this even better in this PWO when combined with caffeine, theacrine can help reduce mental fatigue and improve attentiveness, alertness, and focus.

In section I give the product a B+. The flavor that I received was Beast Punch, I am assuming this was fruit punch flavoring. I would mark this product down a little because I needed to stir it constantly to make sure there was not settling at the bottom. The overall taste was good with no medicine taste and not too sweet/sour. I only needed one scoop of this product because of the high concentration of caffeine. One scoop was 8 grams and there are 30 servings.

A+ in this section. When I take PWO I look for a variety of things including focus, energy, and long lasting effect throughout my entire workout. While taking this product I was on a hypertrophy program that included benching, standing military press, and squat every workout day. For the first section of the workout I consistently felt this product work at full force. After these main sets I would jump into the accessory sets which include one main lift then your accessory muscles. During this second section the focus and energy did not deplete and I loved every moment of it. I was able to lift the same weights and even more consistently with power and strength. I felt this PWO surge through my body non-stop for hours. Normally I hate PWO that include a lot of caffeine, but I didn't feel the same effects with this product as I have with others. I normally get the normal head rush with a mild increase in energy allowing me to just get through the workout, but based on my descriptions above I may contribute this to the addition of thecacrine. I wanted to be bigger and better every set and this definitely exceeded my every wish. I did feel that some days when I did not eat a larger breakfast there was a massive head rush about 30 mins into the workout. For the most past this subsided and translated the energy and focus I desired. Many people don't like a really long lasting effect of a PWO, but for me I thrive on this providing me energy going into work. SO not only did this help during my lifting sessions, but also gave me energy after.

Most of the sites I found this on were similarly priced. On bodybuilding.com they have the 30 serving container for $29.99 at $1.00 per serving. This was the same price I found on the beast website. On amazon.com the 30 serving container is $28.53 which is slightly better, but if you don't have amazon prime then your paying for shipping so make sure to take that into account.

Side Effects

If taking this on an empty stomach there may be some digestive issues. I only experienced this 2 or 3 times, only lasted for the morning and subsided by the afternoon.

Conclusion

Overall this is a solid product made by beast. I have taken their other PWO before and it did not give me the same results. I think the ingredients in this product work well together nicely to provide a great surge of energy. Focus was great and it allowed me to concentrate without any distractions at the gym. Give this product a try it won't disappoint.

Overall
Thanks to Performax Labs for sending it out!
  March 6, 2018

Pros:
 Cons:
  • Helps Hydrate
  • Muscle Preservation
  • Muscle Building
  • Recovery
  • A Little Pricey

What's up guys Dr. G here for another review, this time for Performax Intra workout supp. This product is particularly unique because it includes whey protein as well as creatine with the main BCAAs. These all compliment each other in creating a product that gives a multitude of benefits good for any experienced or non-experienced lifter.

Amino Acid - mTor Activation

Amino Acid - mTor Activation
Protein Hydrolysate, BCAAs (combined 6000mg) L-Leucine (3000mg) - Protein Hydrolysate is used in this area of the product and is designed to be digested and used rapidly. The BCAAs are your normal three which help to activate mTor which in turn increases protein synthesis. To help this process the company also added in L-Leucine to aid in protein synthesis

Power-Strength-Recovery
- Creatine Monohydrate, Magnesium Creatine, Creatin Anhydrous (3000mg)
Increased creatine intake obviously results in an overall increase in creatine levels in the body. This in turn helps produce more overall ATP in your body. When you contract your muscles your body uses this ATP and by having more theoretically means that your body can increase the power and endurance of your muscle.
- L-Glutamine, L-Alanine, L-Alanyl-L-Glutamine (2500) - L-glutamine has been linked to greater protein synthesis and prevents the cells in your muscle from being eaten up from working out. L-Glutamine also supports your immune system and supports intestinal activity. L-alanine helps support energy metabolism and assist the body in disposing nitrogen.

Hydration-electrolytes
Taurine (1500mg) - Taurine can act like creatine in some ways but mostly this ingredient is responsible for expanding cells to hold more water which increases overall cell volume.
Sodium Phosphate (200mg) - May be able to enhance the bloods ability to deliver more O2 to your muscles, according to some studies.
Potassium Phosphate (150mg)

I give this section an "B+". I think the overall taste of mine was good but the addition of the protein made the liquid slightly more thick than I would like. The flavor that the company sent me was called Orange Dream. Now when I first saw this flavor I nearly threw up in my mouth because I hate anything orange or orange cream flavored. Once again I was too quick to judge. They actually did a good job with the taste of this product even with the addition of the protein. Overall mixability was good with absolutely no settling in 10-12 oz of water. For dosing 1 scoop is 21g of powder.

This is a section that Performax really exceeded in. For the first time in a while I took this supplement consistently right after every single one of my workouts (sometimes I get distracted and wait a little bit after). I can say that the addition of the Protein Hydrosylate really helped this product. When taking consistently there was great recovery rate, and I attribute this to the BCAA plus the protein. I consistently got a great workout with no aches and pain. Since I am in a hypertrophy phase of my workout this Intra-workout couldn't have been in my life at a better time. The protein in this product helped me reach my protein goals for the day. In addition, the 3g of creatine in the product supplemented my creatine intake for the day. I like to cycle off and on my creatine and it just happened I am cycled on right now. I usually take anywhere from 10-20g of creatine a day so when taking this product I only took 10 g and got the rest with this supplement. As for hydration like the label claims I am really up in the air. I didn't see a whole lot of electrolyte balance and increase in hydration when taking this product. For the first few weeks I felt there was a minor difference but then after taking it for a few weeks these was no substantial difference when taking it oppose to not taking this product. Muscle gain: such a hard category to base the effectiveness on because there are so many factors that play into this, but based on the time I have been taking this product and the muscle gained over the past 1 1/2 months I am going to say this product did a good job in this category. I absolutely had increase in muscle size over the past 1-2 months in my shoulders and arms and I will give this product some of this credit.

The first place I found this product was on the Performax website for $44.99. This is a little hefty amount for an intra workout, but you have to appreciate the protein in this supplement. I feel that this inflation is due to the addition of this. Another site that I found of this on was supplementwarehouse.com for $39.99 which is slightly cheaper, but I know that this particular site has inflated shipping costs so watch out for that.

Side Effects

Conclusion

Overall a good intra-workout product that will supplement any lifters needs. This product has the capabilities to help in muscle building, endurance and recovery with the good ingredients included in this product. I feel the addition of the protein hyrodrolysate really gives this supplement the extra step it needs. The only downfall would be the inflated price. There are many other intra-workout supps that you can buy for cheaper but not all give you the variety of benefits this one may.

Overall
Thanks to EndurElite for sending it out!
  February 13, 2018

• Fights Fatigue
  • Increase V02 Max
  • Transparent Label

Whats up guys, today I am reviewing PerformElite by the company EndurElite. This is a stimulant based PWO that is meant to improve your endurance during your workouts and give you the energy and focus to crush your lifts out of the park. Whether you are using it for weightlifting or you're an athlete using it to perform it has a wide variety of benefits that would be good for anyone.

Peak O2 (Ganoderma lucidum, pleurotus eryngii, lentinula edodes, hericium erinaceus, trametes versicolor) - this is full of herb ingredients that aim to help you improve endurance during your workouts. Overall these ingredients help improve immune system and also increase the rate your body produces testosterone. The large difference between all the ingredients in this section is the way they act on your body. Some of the ingredients start working immediately once your body starts breaking them down and others do not start taking effect until almost 1 hour after they enter the body.

Beta Alanine (3200mg) - The is a prime time dosage. For the most part I rely on BA to give me the extra reps after a long workout, and in most products that is what this ingredient aims to do. It helps you increase the amount of reps performed by decreasing muscle fatigue and improving endurance. I have a very good outcome with the dosage of 3.2-4.0g. The PWO with this range, I find works wonders and is why I prefer PWOs with BA in them.

Anti Fatigue and Focus Matrix -
Choline Bitartrate (100mg) - Choline is used to produce more acetylcholine in your body. For those of you who don't know, acetylcholine is the neurotransmitter responsible for activating the muscle at the Neuromuscular junction. Without this NT your muscle will not fire. By increasing the amount of Acetylcholine in your body the more your muscle can work when you are lifting (very simple language).

Huperzine-A (.05g) - This is another ingredient that is meant to increase the amount of acetylcholine. This in supplementation with the ingredient listed above make for a good combination to allow your muscle to contract and work at maximal capacity.

Extended Energy and Endurance Blend

elevATP (200mg) - I did not necessarily know what this was so I had to look it up. One place I found states that this ingredient "improves athletic performance, promotes increase power output and training volume, and supports lean muscle and strength."

PURENERGY (150mg) - this is a caffeine complex. This is claimed to deliver caffeine to the body 30% faster than normal caffeine ingredient.

Caffeine Anhydrous (150mg) - everyone should know this one.

I received the Fast Fruit Burst flavor. Overall I feel that it was pretty good, and it was not too sweet or sour. As far as mixability goes it mixed well with nearly anything I mixed it with. I usually used a 12 oz blender bottle, but I also tried it with a regular 8oz glass of water. There was no settling and I did not have to mix it multiple times before I could drink it again. Dosing - one scoop had 10 grams of powder in it, a normal amount in my opinion.

In terms of endurance (what this product was made for ) I thought it did the job exceptionally well. I usually took the product when I knew I was going to have a long workout combined with cardio and lifting. If I was there for 1 hour or 4 hours I got the same effect. This is particularly important when you are trying to lose weight because you need the extra energy to perform the cardio after the workout. I have been trying to lift as hard as possible and I frequently found myself fatiguing toward the end of the lifts. When I received this product it really helped me extend my workouts. I experience a great amount of focus while on this product. You know usually I like to look at the scenery around the gym (if you know what I mean), but I commonly found myself so focused on the workout that nothing else mattered. I was able to focus on what number I wanted to hit with what weight and I commonly succeeded. The focus and energy I received from this product helped me get crazy pumps that last a long time after I was done with the workout. As for muscle and strength gains there was not really much there. I am not docking this product for no results in this section because this PWO is strictly made for endurance and this company hit it out of the park.

On the the company's website I found the same 25 serving tub for $39.99. I also found the product on ebay.com for $44.99 for 25 servings. $40 is a decent price for a PWO, but i usually like to keep the price range between $30-$35.

Side Effects

At first there was no side effects to this product. After taking it for several weeks I started to have frequency and loose bowel movements. It was not on the level to where I was running to the bathroom, but I had to make sure I went before the gym or I was interrupting a workout.

Conclusion

Overall this company made a good product to increase any athlete's or weightlifter's endurance. It incorporates many different ingredients made to improve max endurance, reduce fatigue, increase the rate at which your body rids of lactic acid, and gives you the energy you need to work out as long as you would like. Good job EndurElite with this PWO.

4.1
Thanks to Barndad Nutrition for sending it out!
  February 7, 2018

Pros:
 Cons:
  • Clean
  • Easy To Digest
  • Naturally Flavored
  • Nutritious
  • Only 21g Protein Per Serving
  • Awful Taste
  • Minimal Effectiveness

Hey all I first want to thank SR for giving my the chance to review this product. Today I am reviewing Real Clean Protein (chicken and egg white) by Barndad nutrition. This was another product that I wanted to take a chance on just to get some lean protein into my diet during fat loss hypertrophy phase of my workout plan. This protein had an "okay" effectiveness but the taste turned me off immediately. From the first sip to the last it took everything I had to not just say "cancel the order" but I stuck it out. After finishing the tub I deemed this as really a Average-below average protein that could use some work to improve the effectiveness and taste.

The big selling points of this protein are that it claims to have none of the following: dairy, MSG, artificial colors, antibiotics, artificial sweeteners, artificial flavors, sucralose, aspartame, hormones, and acesulfame-K. One positive aspect of the ingredient profile was that the product had 1g of sugar and only 110 calories so it is good for anyone who is on a lean diet.

Other ingredients included: 4g of carbs, 198mg of calcium, and 2mg of iron.

ChikPRO Chicken Protein hydrolysate (21g) - the benefit of protein hydrolysate is that it allows the body to absorb amino acids more rapidly than other protein derivatives. During the consumption of protein hydrolysate it spikes blood amino acids with allows an increase in overall protein synthesis. This would imply that your recovery rate and muscle gains would improve slightly faster than with other proteins.

In a shaker bottle the protein mixed well with 12 oz of water. There was no settling and demonstrated an overall clean liquid with no chunks. As far as taste this product gets a solid "D". I decided to ask for the chocolate flavor because I find that it tastes well with nearly anything (milk or water), oh was I wrong. No matter what I put in my shake either PB, fruit, or any other ingredient it tasted exactly the same. The flavor was overpowering and it took a lot for me to finish the tub. I would like to say that it is because of lack of artificial flavoring (sad that I need that bad sugar and all for something to taste good). What makes it even worse is that on the website it states that the protein has "award winning taste". Dosing was pretty normal with 1 scoop giving of 30g of powder.

Grade of B- : There wasn't really a whole lot to this product ingredient wise which is why I decided to give it a go. Overall I feel as if it did what a generic protein you would buy at a grocery store would do, just average. I think that I was hoping for a clean protein with a decent protein dosage to give me what I needed to gain lean muscle mass during the phase I was in. There was nothing special, minimal muscle endurance and minimal lean muscle gain. When taking the product the largest difference I noted was (in my opinion a placebo effect) I felt better, physically and mentally. I think knowing that I was getting pure protein with minimal sugar and artificial ingredients made me feel "clean". The overall muscle gain and recovery from the possible spike in amino acids was minimal. This is by far no where near what some other proteins provide which is why I am not giving this product a great grade. I felt like I was not recovering as fast and I felt like the protein supplement was essentially "stale". Hydrolysate is claimed to give you an overall better absorption rate while take it, but there was no indication of this to where I would give it anything other the grade I stated above. Overall an average protein gives average to below average results.

I found this product on the barndadnutrition.com website for $64.95 which is a hefty price tag for a 2lb tub with minimal effectiveness. I attribute the high price tag to the fact that these types of products with minimal artificial ingredients and protein hydrolysate take a little bit more money to produce. I also found the product on amazon.com for the price tag of $49.58, but the only flavor I found was orange smoothie and by the taste of the chocolate I can't imagine what that would taste like.

Side Effects

Conclusion

This is a very clean supplement and with the protein hydrolysate it has good potential. I would like to give the protein a full go with another 2lb tub to see if I feel more change while taking the supplement. I truly believe protein is one of those supplements that you need to take over time or you will not see the true capabilities of it. In my opinion the taste of this product really brought the value of it down for me. If there was some way the company could make a better tasting protein I would be more willing to recommend it and give it another go. This is an average to below average protein and I wouldn't pay the hefty price tag to get minimal results.

Dr. G, out.

Thanks to Regicide Supplements for sending it out!
  January 10, 2018

• Increased Focus

What's up guys first off I want to thank SR reviews for giving me the opportunity to review this product. Today I am reviewing Regicide PWO. This is product that really sparked my interest because of the ingredient profile. It has a lot of ingredients that normally work well for me and for the most part I was confident in its ability to give me the energy and focus to get through my workouts. Well needless today this did not really do well in that category.

BCAA: L-leucine, L-isoleucine, and L-valine - 4:1:1 - these are your basic amino acids that you would take separately in a BCAA supplement. They are most beneficial for protein synthesis enabling your muscle to recover at a faster rate. I usually take a separate supplement to gain my BCAA content but with this product I felt that these were enough.
Nitric Oxide boosters: L-citrulline (3000mg), Citrulline Malate 1:1 (3000mg),Agmatine sulfate (1000mg) - L-citulline is a common ingredient in NO boosting supplements because it is known to dilate the blood vessels and increase blood flow to the muscles. To a certain degree it also helps protein synthesis in the body. Citrulline malate provides more of an endurance boost for your workouts than the L-citrulline. This is also an ingredient that is meant to dilate your blood vessels allowing your muscle to get that great "pump" feeling during your workouts, aka more blood! Everyone loves more blood in the muscles. Agmatine sulfate is mainly used a natural pain inhibitor but also works its magic in the blood vessel dilation department. Overall there isn't sufficient evidence that this ingredient is really beneficial in this category, but it compliments the other two ingredients well.

Energy and Endurance Complex: Beta alanine (42000mg), Beatine (1500mg) Creatine HCL (1500mg), Taurine (1000mg). Beta alanine is the most important of these ingredients, in my opinion. This is known to increase your endurance during your workouts by improving the ability for your muscles to perform at high intensities. Beta alanine has abilities to significantly raise your carosine levels which in turn results in a lower muscle pH allowing your muscles to avoid fatigue. One of my favorites! Beatine actually helps more in improving fat breakdown in cells or otherwise known as increasing cellular metabolism. Creatine HCL is a form of creatine that is absorbed at a much faster rate as one of its counterparts, creatine monohydrate. I mainly use creatine to help me in gaining muscle and I usually cycle on and off of it in 1 month intervals. I find that this helps muscle growth and overall hypertrophy at a better rate than taking it consistently over a period of 2-3 months. One thing that you have to watch out for is that all types of creatine are known to dehydrate you so it is important you drink plenty of fluids. Taurine is a ingredient that is found in many energy drinks and is claimed to help in overall mental performance and endurance. The fatigue fighting power of taurine goes well with beta alanine, to a certain extent.

other ingredients: L-tyrosine (1000mg), N-acetyl L-cysteine (1000mg), Caffiene (300mg), L-theanine (300mg) --these are known in the product as the "Focus Enhancers".

The company sent me watermelon flavor. In reality I don't really care about the flavor because they usually all either taste pretty good are pretty awful, at least for me that is not true for everyone. I didn't really enjoy this flavor at all. To me it tasted like I was drinking that cherry flavored cough syrup when I was kid. In regards to mixability it did pretty well. There was no clumping and minimal settling especially if used enough liquid. The product came with a pretty large scoop which was 28.5g of powder.

Originally, just looking at the ingredient profile I thought that this was going to work really well for me, but as I stated above that was not the case. I really enjoy Beta alanine and with the amount of this in the product I thought I was guaranteed to be crazy in the gym. Although I don't really enjoy the caffeine in the product I thought that overall it would be down played in the overall effect. In this section I will mainly go over the three claims the company makes on the label.
Strength: I really didn't notice much of a change in this area. I was on a hypertrophy program so I was expecting some gain in strength which I did but I attributed it more toward the workout program itself and the hard work I put into it. The other thing I would like to mention is in my opinion PWO does not actually give you strength gains but the energy needed to make those gains. This product does have creatine which should help in the strength department but normally I take about 10g/day so this product alone wouldn't do too much.

Energy: I thought for the most part it did give me energy but the wrong kind that I didn't want. Usually with beta alanine I get a full body energy which allows me to get a great workout and lift a good amount of weight to allow progress in my lifts. With this product I got more of just a head rush which I contribute to the caffeine. Usually when I drink coffee this is the feeling I get. I think the caffeine in this product was overpowering for what I am used to. The product did give me the energy to get through the entire lift with no crash later on. This category is mainly why I give the product an average to below average rating.

For 20 servings on the website regicidesupplements.com you can get this product for $59.99. I would consider this pretty expensive for a PWO. Usually I like to get my PWO for around $30-40 and I will usually spend more if I know a product works. This was the only site I found this product on so you can say that it is not readily available.

Side Effects

None - which is another plus for the product.

Conclusion

As you can see from what I listed above that the ingredient profile is pretty extensive and I contribute the product's high price tag to this. I hope everyone can see why I thought this would be a solid PWO, but it turned out to be only average for me. When trying these products there is no telling what they may or may not do for you so it is important to always look at the ingredient profile. As far as overall effectiveness I thought the biggest impact was in the energy category mainly because of the high beta alanine content. I would give this product a "B-" due to its inability to get me to the next level and the fact that its lacking in some of the claims it makes on the product's label.

January 3, 2018

Pros:
 Cons:
  • Good Recovery
  • Mixes Perfectly
  • Little Muscle Gain

What's up SR community I want to first thank NutraBio and SR for giving me the opportunity to review this supplement. Overall I have had some good experiences with the Nutrabio products so I decided to give their Pure Glutamine a try. I have had glutamine before through other products and while I can tell this product was working it didn't give the results I wanted or expected. I think the biggest positive effect I got from this product was an increase in endurance throughout my workouts, other than that I didn't see much change in muscle growth or immunity enhancement as the label claims.

Pure Glutamine (5g) - There are many benefits of glutamine supplementation either with a lean body building workout or if you are looking to gain muscle fast in the form of hypertrophy. Glutamine is readily used in the body to optimize the body performance in the aspects of immune health and preventing muscle breakdown. Since glutamine is a primary energy source for your immune system it is important to have the levels in your body adequate enough so when you have those intense workouts your muscles are not using it all up and your immune system has enough to properly function. Secondly, glutamine is a great amino acid to stop the breakdown of muscle in your body. This is especially important because during intense workouts your body is rapidly using glutamine. Since this amino acid is one of the only ones in your body that specifically plays roles in both cellular support and muscle metabolism it is important that you have supplementation for the other areas of your body. Other areas that glutamine can help is in the process of "breaking down fat and losing muscle" otherwise known as lean muscle building.

The glutamine I received is unflavored which, as far as I have experienced, most glutamine powders are. I used this product on an empty stomach every morning as the label suggests with my protein shake. Overall I didn't notice any adverse mixing occurring in the shake. For dosing, I took one scoop, which is 5g, twice a day. I usually took it before I ate something so my stomach could be as empty as possible.

In this category I would live this product a "B-". Overall I think this was a solid product especially for the price you are paying and how long this would last you, but I have had other products that have worked slightly better in all areas. First Ill start by commenting on immune health. With the workouts I was doing and playing basketball throughout the week I was putting my body through a lot and needed a solid product to help my endurance and muscle performance. Unfortunately, there was little to no effect on immune health. I say this because I have been ill multiple times over the past month with the cold or just feeling generally "run down". I can't say that "Oh this product was supposed to prevent me from getting sick" but when you make claims that it can boost your immune health and I didn't notice much, that is when I can comment that there was some correlation while I was taking this product.

Muscle growth and endurance: this is the area where the effectiveness picks up a bit and what saved the product. I did notice a nice increase in endurance throughout my time with this product and I was able to lift and run multiple days in a row without my muscle completely shutting down on me. Endurance: I feel that it increased my endurance during each session but as I stated above overall at the end of 3 weeks I was feeling a little sluggish, and who knows maybe it was from the holiday food or maybe it was from the hard workouts. The endurance in each workout was adequate enough to do cardio before and after in addition to having about 1-1.5 hour long lifting workout. Muscle gain: This in result helped me, somewhat, gain muscle mass. Since my goal while taking this product was to gain muscle that is what I am basing most of the success on. I know that normally it takes about 6 weeks for there to be a noticeable hypertrophy change in muscle so that is why I can't completely write off this product. During this time I noticed the largest changed in my legs. Since I was working my legs more than normal this probably contributed to it more than anything.

There are some claims that this product does really well when trying to cut fat and gain lean muscle. I can't comment on that because that is not what I was intending to do, but in my research I did find quite a few studies suggesting that glutamine supplementation does help your body perform at optimal levels when performing workouts attempting to lose weight.

---Value----
I found this product on several sites including bodybuilding.com for $19.99 for a 1.1lb tub which is 100 servings. This comes out to .20 per serving. Ideally this would last you about 50 days if you took it 2x per day. Some of the days I chose to take it up to 3x as if why I finished the tub a little faster. The product is also available on amazon.com for the same price but with prime there is no cost of shipping. Overall I think the value is pretty good considering how long a little 1.1 tub would last you if you chose to take it 2x/day.

Side Effects

increased bowel movements

Conclusion

This was a solid product and the value of it makes me want to think of giving it another try but for me it was only average. I don't' necessarily recommend trying this product because it was hit and miss for me but other people may have had other experiences. I think that if I do decided to try it again I will attempted a fat loss hypertrophy phase and see how my body responds.

As always Live Happy, Live healthy
Dr.G.

LETS GO BUFFALO - 17 year drought snapped!