Gdolce42

SR TROOPer

• Member has been active for 2 years, and was last online this week
  • Moderate community participation

Reviews by Gdolce42

Thanks to Ronnie Coleman Signature Series for sending it out!
  July 26, 2018

Pros:
 Cons:
  • Endurance Boost
  • Failed To Meet Expectations

What's Up SR community today I am reviewing Ronnie Coleman's PWO "Yeah Buddy". The first thing that made me interested in this product was the warning on the front claiming that it is a potent PWO only for intermediate or higher lifters. I mean yeah it is a warning but that make me want to try it even more. It started out pretty good for the first week or so but then as I grew tolerance it just was not up to par.

L-citrulline Malate (4000mg) - there is one difference between this and L-citrulline, and that is the addition of malaic acid. According to BB.com when you increase malate levels in your body you increase energy at the same time. This is said to improve blood flow levels to the muscle as well as improving the delivery of nutrients to the muscles being used. A recent study list on BB.com states that long term use of citrulline malate results in increased max grip strength and increase lower body power levels

Beta Alanine (2000mg) - This is known to give you the extra boost in the gym allowing you to complete the extra reps that you desire throughout the workouts. Research suggests that it may increase your workloads about 8-12 repetitions.

Choline Bitartrate (550mg) - this is meant to improve your overall performance in the gym with INTENSE workouts. Research supports the supplementation of choline as long as you are depleting your body. Most studies have been done on marathon runners, but the results do suggest that people who use choline supplements have less fatigue, and more energy toward the end of the workouts.

Advantara Z Citrus Aurantium Extract (200mg) There is very weak evidence to support the claims of this ingredient. Overall it is meant to improve fat loss in individuals who supplement with this ingredient

Thacrine (100mg) - I have mentioned this in the past but this is very good on its own but when it is combine with caffeine it works even better. This is know to help improve overall energy and focus without the dizziness, shakiness, and other effects that caffeine alone may give.

Caffiene Anhydrous and Encapfeine (420mg) - ENERGY

Methylliberine (100mg), and adhatoda vasica (50mg)

As far as taste goes I really enjoyed the flavor I got. The flavor was Sour Berry which normally seems like something I would not enjoy. It was easy to drink with 10-12 oz of water. One little downside was that if you didn't continue to mix this there was definite settling at the bottom of the cup. As far as dosing, I though it was appropriate. One scoop was equal to 9 grams of powder which lasted me working out 5-6 days a week for 4 weeks.

I always go to the gym in the morning since I normally work at 10am, so therefore I usually take my PWO on a nearly empty stomach (only protein shake in my system, maybe a banana). This alone I figure would give me greatest effects of the PWO I take. For the first week I really felt a good boost of energy throughout my whole body. I felt I was able to lift long and hard and keep up with the weights I normally push. As weeks 2 and 3 came along I felt that it was definitely losing the touch. There was always an original boost of energy but as I went through the workout I felt there was nothing left. I wanted there to be the extra boost to give me the energy and mental focus to always push more and push harder, this just didn't happen. I felt no change in the next week as I finished the product. As for being a "potent" PWO, ehh maybe if you are a real beginner to these supplements, but for me who has been in the weight room for a long time I needed more. I know that I am generally pretty tolerant to stimulant based PWO, but I have taken those that get me crazy in the gym. I thought the biggest downside of this product is when I took it working out later in the day after work. There was a few instances where I decided to go to the gym after my work day hoping that my PWO would do the job to get me through the 1-2 hour workout. Yeah.. just wasn't there yet again. I felt I was always wanting more with this PWO and may be it is the low dose of Beta alanine that didn't work, or maybe it was some of the other ingredients that didn't blend with me. Whatever it was after tolerance was built, it just felt like I was drinking a cup of coffee. In regards to some other effects I felt it may have helped me shed a few pounds and since I have enough difficulty in doing so I was happy some of the results this PWO gave me.

On RC website the same tub of 30 servings was listed at $29.99 which is actually very good pricing for a PWO. As far as other sites go muscleandfitness.com and amazon.com has the same pricing options with amazon prime being about one dollar less. I could not find this product on bodybuilding.com but I found many other of the RC series. If anyone finds this on the BB.com website please comment below if there is a drastic difference in price.

Side Effects

Minor increase in bowel movements, nothing major.

Conclusion

Overall this is an average PWO that may be good for beginners but just was not there for me. It work for the first few weeks but after tolerance was built in weeks 3 and 4 there was minimal boost left. There was still an energy boost which kept me awake and alert and I did think it helped me lose some minor weight. In my experiences there may be some better PWO out there especially if you are into Beta Alanine since this one has a semi-low dose than others that worked for me. As always do your own research before taking any product.

Overall
Thanks to Dymatize Nutrition for sending it out!
  July 11, 2018

Pros:
 Cons:
  • Builds Muscle. Good Intra Or Post-workout Drink.
  • Cheap
  • Great Recovery
  • Alot Of Servings

What's up guys another review here this time for Dymatize BCAA. Overall this is a solid product that can aid in everyone's gym goals. It has the basic ingredients you need to meet your recovery goals and lift like the monster in the gym.

L-leucine (2.6g)
    L-valine (1.2g)
    L-isoleucine (1.2g)

L-leucine (2.6g)
    L-valine (1.2g)
    L-isoleucine (1.2g)
    -- BCAA have three basic functions in which help your workouts and overall health: increase protein synthesis, decrease protein breakdown, and allow you to have better workouts. BCAA increase protein synthesis by increasing mTOR activation. mTOR is known to increase protein synthesis by two mechanisms both which involve leucine. Valine helps repair growth of broken down muscle tissue. It maintain nitrogen balance and maintain glucose levels. Isoleucine is similar to leucine in that it promotes muscle recovery, regulates the blood-sugar levels and stimulates HGH release. Isoleucine has other important functions not related to muscle and growth. It helps in the formation of hemoglobin and is involved in the formation of blood-clots. (bodybulding.com)

This category is a A+ all around. The flavor I received was Cherry Limeade. Overall this was not too sweet or sour and gave the right amount of flavoring. The mixability was good with 10-12oz of water with no settling at the bottom. The dosing was good as well. 1 scoop was equal to 9g of powder. The scoop was average in size, may be just a little bit larger than I would prefer, but overall still good.

This product did exactly what every BCAA is intended to do, give you the right amount of product to allow your body to recover workout after workout. I usually took this product post workout and during the day around 3-4pm. I chose to take it twice because in the past I have found out that taking BCAA 2x/day allowed me greatest recovery. I went into every workout with minimal fatigue in my muscles. During my workouts I felt like I was to keep up the intensity with no drag and in combination with my PWO I was able to make it throughout each of my workouts with good intensity. I chose to take the product everyday around 3-4pm because I wanted to make sure that I would get the most out my amino acids. I think that there is one major thing I found interesting. Lately I found that during the day my blood sugar ran low since now I am trying a new diet. I found that when I started taking this product I never felt the drop in blood sugar and I was able to maintain my energy throughout my work day.

On amazon.com I found this product for $20.70 for 33 servings which is 0.63/serving. On bodybuilding.com this product is sold for slightly less at $19.95 per serving. This is slightly less which is consist with what has been on the BB website. Lately I have found the BB has good deals and usually competitive pricing. A third place that I saw this product was on Walmart.com for $21.76, slightly more than the other two sites.

Side Effects

none for me

Conclusion

This is a good product for you BCAA goals. I think that everyone benefits from this product and it is a must in your supplement category. They are all fairly cheap and well within most people's budget. In addition there are a lot of BCAA products out there so perform your research since most companies include other ingredients in them.

Overall
    Overall
    5.9
    6.1
    5.5
    Thanks to Outbreak Nutrition for sending it out!
      July 3, 2018

• Supports Endurance
    • Good Focus
    • Pump Could Be Better
    • -missing Some Key Ingredient

What's up SR community I'm here for another review this time for Pathogen a PWO from Outbreak nutrition. Overall I thought it was an average PWO with average results. I felt the PWO working, but I never got the urge to perform the 4th or 5th set with the same intensity throughout the entire workout. It has ingredients I enjoy, but next time I think I'll get a PWO that is more effective for me.

L-citrulline malate (6000mg) - this is meant to accelerate ammonia clearing by decrease muscle pH which can contribute to fatigue during more intense workouts. During a 2010 study of male athletes the ones who took this supplement were shown to increase bench press reps by up to 50% more than the control group.
    Beta alanine (3200mg) - one of those ingredients that gives you the extra boost you need to bust out the 8-12 reps that you want when your body says "no more".
    Choline Bitartrate (500mg) - there a certain amount of choline in your body and towards the end of workouts, especially intense workouts, you want more choline in your body to increase acetylcholine in your body. This will ultimately help you muscle use that NT to improve their work capacity during workouts. (bodybuilding.com)
    Caffeine (350mg) - gives you energy of course!
    Potassium Nitrate (350mg)
    TeaCrine (125mg) - a natural energy supplement with similar effects to caffeine which is said to help improve energy, heighten mental focus, and improved motivation. (compoundsolutions.com)

In regards to taste I though it was decent. The flavor that I received was Agent Orange Pineapple, which I am not entirely sure what exactly it tasted like. It was good enough where I could drink it fairly quickly and by no means was dreading every sip. Dosing was average at 12.g for 1 scoop, and for this product the scoop was large which gave a lot of powder and therefore you need to use more water. It mixed well if you used the right amount, suggested 12-16oz)

I think this PWO has great potential to get to the next level. I think that ingredients are solid and it is everything I really like in a PWO, well for the most part. I always take my PWO with a solid protein/breakfast shake before I go the gym at 7am. I usually don't like to eat a lot right when I wake up and I feel the shake gives my stomach enough in it to not let the PWO totally destroy my bowel system. I always do some sort of low level cardio from 15-20 mins which is the time you need to start to feel the PWO kick in a little. When I would realized it kicked in I felt like I was always waiting...waiting...waiting for the next surge that would give me that "kick-ass" feeling. Well I never really got that with this PWO, but I always got a decent boost of energy. As I went through my workouts my energy would deplete where I always felt like I wanted to lift more, but I just didn't have that extra boost to. That is where this product falls short. Like I stated before I was always waiting. When I take PWO that early in the morning I always like to have the effect of it lasting throughout my day into lunch. Not with this one. The life of this PWO in my body was anywhere from 1-2 hours give or take 30 mins. It was always consistent with this timeline and I felt like I had to structure my workout around it. Now I never like to totally depend on PWO for all my energy, but lately it has been harder and harder to get to the gym in the mornings and I need a PWO that I can totally trust.

On the Outbreak Nutrition site you can get this same tub for $39.99 which is slightly more than I would like to pay for a PWO, especially one that didn't really perform for me. It is also funny because on the site it says 30 serving container and on the tub itself it says 28. Now I know it may not seem like a huge deal but you want a company that is going to be true and honest on everything they put their name on. The only other place I found this on was ebay for over $50 which it outrageous and not even worth considering.

Side Effects

none for me

Conclusion

Overall this is an average supplement that has high hopes but does not get you over the edge to perform an intense heavy lifting workout. If you are aiming for something that is going to give you a little boost to perform a light training session or if you are a beginner lifter I would suggest that you try it. For those of you that know exactly what you like in a PWO and that is the energy to get through tough heavy sets, I would suggest to go elsewhere. As always do your own research before trying a product and do not let one review deter you. All these products effect everyone differently.

Overall
    Overall
    3.6
    2.5
    3.4
      June 26, 2018

• Price
    • Prop Blend
    • No Strength Or Mass Gain

Whats up guys here for another review of Super Test by BEAST sports nutrition. There was three main claims that this product gives on the label these include: increase in strength and mass, increase in healthy testosterone, and increase in liver and kidney support. Of these I feel I can only give an accurate rating but really there is nothing to explain as this product did nothing for me.

Pro-testosterone support factors

Pro-testosterone support factors
    Fenugreek Extract - even though this is in the supporting testosterone category research has actually shown that it promotes hormone secretion in women
    KSM-66 Ashwagandha Extract - this has been shown to increase muscle strength, athletic performance and endurance in people who take it regularly
    Male Support Complex (800mg)
    Tribulus Extract - this is believed to improve immune support, make you have harder and consistent workouts and this is known to increase testosterone by %30-50%.
    Suma Powder - the most important benefit this has is to improve energy but actually has a greater effect in women than men
    Eurycoma longifolia Extract - known to support libido, increase energy and improve fertility
    Nitric Oxide Factor
    Agmatine SUlfate (500mg) - this is a biggy in this product. Agamtine sulfate has the ability to improve muscle pumps, provide better intra-workout energy, aiding in cognition, promotes leanness and muscle building
    Anti-Estrogen Factors
    Japanese Knotweed (200mg) - I did not really find much on the anti-estrogen factoring but I did find that it has the ability to improve cognition and control insulin levels.
    White Button Mushroom (100mg) - this is included in many other herbs that has the ability to inhibit aromatase that has a role in the prevention of breast cancer. According to elitefitness.com this is the anti-estrogenic properties.
    Liver and Kidney Factors
    Milk Thistle Extract (200mg)- protects normal functions of the liver
    Cranberry Extract (100mg) - helps protect normal functions of lover and kidneys, not much else I can say (lol!)
    Anti-DHT Factors
    Stinging Nettle Extract (150mg) - can help reduce the effects that may contribute to BPH in men
    Plant Sterols (100mg) - plant sterols have there greatest effect on controlling cholesterol levels
    Pumpkin Extract (20mg)

Mixability does not apply here as these were capsules. There was an odd taste with the capsule during and after taking them. I felt that after I took them in the morning and evening I burped up this weird taste more than likely from a variety of different ingredients included in this product. For dosing, I took them as described on the label, 1 serving in the morning and 1 serving at night both before my meals. One serving included 3-4 capsules.

This is THE section where the product fell very short for me. When contemplating whether or not to take this product I mainly considered what phase of lifting I was in. Since I have been trying to gain muscle and strength I figured "why not". Well I really feel that it was a waste of time. I did not feel any different in strength or muscle mass during or after taking this product. After the first couple weeks I figured it was one of those that you really have to be consistent in taking, so I just decided to take as described and perform my workouts. Now when I decided to perform strength or hypertrophy blocks I mainly go by templates. These programs have worked well for me in the past and I was in the process of completing one of the workouts. Well still nothing. I can't comment on the increase in liver and kidney nor increase in healthy testosterone. If there was an increase in testosterone then I more than likely would feel that. Like with the strength and mass I did not feel any objective improvements. I will say that there may have been a very mild improvement in energy once I took the product.

On Walmart.com you can get this product for $42.08 which is fairly pricey. On amazon.com I found this product for $49.98 but there is prime available so if you have that it may make it equal to the Walmart option. On the BEAST website you can get this product for $49.99 with shipping. All in all this product is expensive for my taste just because of the fact that it didn't work as well as I was hoping. These are all prices are for the 45 serving 180 capsule bottle.

Side Effects

no side effects for me

Conclusion

Overall I had a poor experience with this product. I feel that for other people this may work but I may lay off these types of products for a bit. I always encourage people to perform their own research before buying a product.

Overall
    Thanks to NutraBio for sending it out!
      May 16, 2018

• Increased Recovery
    • No Prop Blends
    • Taste Needs A Little Work

What is up guys this is Dr. G here for another review. Today I am reviewing CGT Max from nutrabio. Advertised as an energy supplement I think it does a lot more than that. I think the ingredients included allow a good amount of recovery and helps with muscle growth as well.

Creatine Complex (5g)

Creatine Complex (5g)
    Creatine monohydrate (4.17g) and creatine magna powder (833mg) - If you guys don't know the physiological process of creatine I am going to give you a quick overview. ATP is the source of energy in all of our bodies once ATP is formed the workouts you perform and contracting muscle causes your body to use ATP. Once ATP is used it is reduced into ADP and then creatine helps turn ADP into ATP for your body to use. Yes this is only one part of what creatine does, but I thought I would give a quick overview since there are also newbies on this site. Additionally, creatine has been studied extensively. There are probably close to 7000 peer reviewed articles on creatine and its ability. Most of these found three common results of creatine: increased muscle levels of creatine, improved training intensity, and greater increases in lean body mass. Creatine Magna powder this a combination of magnesium and creatine which are both used for ATP synthesis. This is included, I am assuming, to improve the effects of creatine.

L-glutamine (4g) - Glutamine plays key roles in protein metabolism, cell volumizing, and anti-catabolism. Glutamine's anti-catabolism ability prevents the breakdown of your muscles. Glutamine levels deplete during workouts, but supplementing extra glutamine is not necessarily to gain more muscle, but for the maintenance effects of L-Glutamine.

Taurine (2g) - Taurine has several functions can help expand your cells by helping the muscle cell hold more water, and therefore increasing cell volume. This is important to us because expanded muscle cells can boost hydration resulting in a higher rate of protein synthesis. This is an ingredient that is present in many energy drinks as well as it has been said to have an energy component.

Taste was good, but not absolutely great (I think this is just more because of the flavor). Like I have said in many other of my reviews I really like lemon and lime flavored supplements. For this one I did not mind drinking it, but it was almost a flavor overload for me. I know that you can just add more water to make the flavor less intense, but I also don't want to be drinking so much water just to take a supplement. In terms of mixability, I think it was good. There was really no settling if you used the correct amount of water and for me I usually drank it with 12 oz in my shaker cup. For dosing 1 scoop was 12.3g and I thought was a pretty good amount. In my opinion this was a perfect amount.

Loved this product! I think that the combination of ingredients in this product really helped me during the time I took it. During the entire time I was taking this product I notice great recovery from workout to workout. I could play basketball and lift one day then come back the next day and do the same thing without any major muscular repercussion. I usually took this throughout the day including right after my workouts and on the way to work. For my second serving I took it during my lunch which is at about 2:00pm everyday. This product gave me a nice little pick me up during the middle of the day. I like depending on this for energy because I also got the extra creatine I needed without having to take another pure creatine supplement. This is a great segway to talk about the improved energy this product gave me. I usually need some type of upper when I am working whether it be coffee or other stimulants. These other stimulants gave me a minor crash toward the end of the day but taking this instead allowed me to get through the day. The product overall hit every nail right on the head and performed as advertised. I really think everyone should give this a go.

For 40 servings I found this supplement on NutraBio's website for $20.99 and believe it or not they do not sell this on bodybuilding.com. I did find this on amazon.com for $19.96 for 40 servings which is about .50 per serving. Overall I think this is a good value based on what you get out of this supplement.

Side Effects

Conclusion

This is another great product put out by Nutrabio. I think it offers a variety of benefits including improved energy, increase creatine supplementation, improved recovery, and increased endurance. If you have not given this a try I recommend complementing your workout routines with this supplement. As always make sure you do your research before taking a new supplement.

Thanks to NutraBio for sending it out!
      May 14, 2018

• Fully Disclosed Label
    • Proper Doses
    • Headache And GI Issues At Times
    • No Muscle Build

What's up guys I am here reviewing Nutra Bio PRE. Overall I think this product had a really good design with the ingredient profile and the ability to increase focus and energy. At the end of the day NutraBio is always a go-to for me, but this this PWO just didn't do the job I was hoping for. I think for me it really lacked the ability to get me to the one extra rep. I will explain below.

Power,Strength and Endurance Complex (14.4g)

Power,Strength and Endurance Complex (14.4g)

L-Leucine (3.5g) - this is a good ingredient to have I included for endurance purpose. Leucine is a naturally occurring amino acid in your body and supplementation can help supply the muscles energy when they are put under stress. A couple other beneficial effects of leucine are that it maintains nitrogen balance in the body, and also preserves muscle glycogen.

Beta Alanine (3.2g) - One of my favorite ingredients that should be (in my opinion) included in every PWO. This is a really good one to get you those extra reps during the workout and toward the end of the workout. People that I know have said that it gives them the tingly feeling, but I personally have never experienced this. I get some good results from this ingredient.

PharmaPure Creatine Monohydrate (3g) - this is just your basic creatine monohydrate which helps improve lean muscle mass, increase muscle strength and can help with recovery during and after exercise.

Beatine Anhydrous (2.5g) - Helps to promote strength and overall bodily composition. There was a study done on trained and untrained men taking this product. The results showed little to no improvement in strength in untrained men, but demonstrated an effectiveness in improving strength in men with a intermediate training background

DL Malic Acid (1.7g)
    Creatine MagnaPower (500mg)

Nitric Oxide Pump Matrix (7.75g)
    L-citrulline (6g) - This helps boost nitric oxide in your body dilating blood vessels allowing more blood and oxygen to be delivered to your muscles during the workout. This also is known to play a role in reducing the ammonia decreased exercises induced fatigue.

Agmatine Sulfate (1g) - This ingredient has roles in regulating nitric oxide synthesis, promoted recovery in muscles and promoted muscle growth and stamina

Nitrosigine (750mg) - I was not really sure what this was so I had to do some research and found their website. According to the website it is said to work within 15 minutes. The website states that it may help enhance performance by promoting blood flow and by increasing focus and energy. In a study I am guessing was performed by scientists with this company Nitrosigine significantly increased nitric oxide (NO) production over each ingredient tested: Arginine AKG, Agmatine Sulfate, Citrulline Malate, L-Arginine, and Citrulline.

Focus and Stim Matrix
    L-tyrosine (1.5g) - this is a building block of protein as well as a precursor to epinephrine. This ingredient helps fat to be metabolized to be burned for energy. This also has a good effect in improving cognitive ability and alertness.

Caffeine (350mg) - we all know what this does!

TheaPure L-Theanine (300mg) - This in combination with caffeine have a great effect on improving energy and focus which is more than likely why this is included in this product.

The flavor that I received was blue raspberry. Overall I though the taste was fine nothing too special, but the biggest issue I had with the PWO was that it was impossible to mix in a regular glass. I would consistently get settling and "fluff" on the top of the liquid. Once I switched to a shaker bottle this was mainly avoided, but in my mind I still should not get this if I am trying to used a glass and spoon. That being said even with the shaker bottle I still got some settling. For dosing one medium sized scoop was 28.7 grams.

Overall I give this section a B. There are many reasons why this can be a great product for people. I think it has good ingredients that promotes muscle growth as well as overall endurance and focus. The reasons why this worked for me is the endurance and focus factor. I think that the PWO gave me the energy I needed to get to the gym and get my workout done in full. Unfortunately when I am looking at a PWO I am looking for more than just endurance and focus. I need that supplement that will give me the ability to get those extra reps and sets consistently so I can GROW! This just didn't do it for me. Side note: This is particularly interesting because I love Beta Alanine and this is the ingredient that is meant to do this! (maybe I need to rethink) I never really felt like going the extra mile during my workouts. I originally thought that it was possibly from a repetitive workout so I decided to change that up. Even with the change I experienced the same issues. The only other supplements I was taking at the time was creatine and BCAA which is consistent for me so I am fairly confident those were not the issues. I would have like this PWO to get me the extra mile and perform the extra reps and sets. The other downfall was the side effects that I explain below. I really didn't like going to the bathroom at work having to make a quick stop between the patients I was having to treat.

The value of this PWO is slightly more than other PWO I have tried and seen. For $39.99 you can get the 20 serving container on bodybuilding.com at $2.00/serving. You can get this on the nutrabio website for the same price. The cheapest site I found this on was ebay.com for $36.99, but for me if I am buying an PWO I am more than likely not getting it from ebay.com. This is a fairly expensive PWO so everyone needs to make sure to do their research.

Side Effects

This was a big downfall for this supplement. The very first time I drank this until the last drop I consistently got stomach issues. I am not entirely sure what caused this since most of the ingredients I have taken before. I would also have to go to the bathroom right before and after the workout, and to say the least it was not normal bowel movements. I also experienced mild stomach aches post workout from this.

Conclusion

Overall this a very average PWO for me. The ingredient profile is great and I think for some people it has very good potential to get you through the hard workouts. For me it didn't do what I wanted or expected. I am not sure what could have been changed, but for the side effects reason I probably would be reluctant to try this again.

9.1
    7.1
      April 13, 2018

Pros:
     Cons:
    • Strenght Gain
    • Muscle Hypertophy
    • Needs To Dissolve Better
    • Expensive Compared To Monohydrate

Whats up guys here for another review this time for Beast Creature a creatine supplement made to provide you with all your creatine needs. I love creatine and my body responds well to it, that is why I decided to scoop this one up. After taking a variety of types I have not found one type that works best over another. For me creatine supplements are also a good supplement to be adding when trying to get a little bulk for the summer months.

Creatine 5x Complex (4000mg) - creatine monohydrate, Di-creatine malate, creatine anhydrous, buffered creatine, creatine gluconate - With creatine monohydrate there have been studies showing increase creatine levels in males who frequently take it by 10-40%. Creatine has also been proven to increase exercises capacity by 70%, but as I will state below I didn't find this to be one of the benefits for me. Then only different between the buffered creatine and regular creatine monohydrate is that the buffered creatine is created from creatine monohydrate to protect it during digestion and prevents it from being broken down too quickly. With creatine gluconate, creatine is combine with glucose ion which helps the creatine be pushed throughout the body more rapidly allowing it to be absorbed rapidly.

Creatine Optimizer (92.5mg) - Banaba leaf extract, Biotin, Cinnamon Bark extract, chromium picolinate - These are actually made to increase your body's insulin sensitivity. I can't really tell why Beast does this but the thought is that when you increase the body's insulin sensitivity (decrease insulin) then your body does a better job absorbing nutrients from the food you take it. This would mean that yo can absorb the creatine better. Normally people want an insulin spike when taking creatine, but beast may have it figured out.

Good taste and very average mixability. I received the citrus flavor which was lucky for me because I normally prefer this flavor. In this supplement it contained 4 grams of creatine product and 1 gram of creatine optimizer. The scoop for this product was fairly large for what I prefer in powder form of creatine but I made it work. I mixed it with 10 to 12 oz of water but still experienced a lot of settling if I didn't consistently mix it. If you don't drink the product right after you mix it

Beast sports nutrition has got another good product on their hands. The effectiveness of this product trumps the negative mixability. My body handles creatine very well and every time I aiming to gain muscle and bulk up this is the first product I go and pick up. This product has 5 different forms of creatine all with different dissolvability to help in the long term and short term. In my opinion creatine is one of those supplements thaty you need to be taking for a longer period of time before it really starts to work. In addition, it is also one of those supplements which you can take at any point of the day. There has been mixed opinions and research when to take creatine. For me I take it in the morning before my workout then again laster in the day so I aim to take 10 g of creatine a day. With that being said after taking this product I notice a large increase in "bulkiness". I noticed I was retaining a lot of water making me look very big, bigger than normal. This is the first creatine I took that made me blow up like this, but not necessarily a bad thing. This is what I was aiming for, but now that I finished this product I am going to cycle off of creatine for a little wile I start to cut and lose the water and fat I have gained during the hypertrophy workouts. In regrads to endurance, I don't think that is reason you take creatine. There are many other supplements in which you can be taking specifically an intraworkout supplement to give you the increased endurance you need. As always, with hypertrophy comes strength. As I began to notice the effects of this supplement I also notice a nice increase in strength specifically in my shoulder and legs during military press and squat. Overall a very good creatine supplement that will get you to where you want to be in the muscle and strength department.

A decent value for what you get. On bodybuilding.com this product is $22.97 which is a little higher than some of the other creatine I get but not bad. On amaxon.com they have it for $23.43 so actually slightly more which is rare for amazon. On the vitamin shoppe website it is $29.99, as expected. I find this store has some inflated prices.

Side Effects

dehydration as all creatines have the capability in doing.

Conclusion

A great creatine supplement that is worth picking up on your time as well as on the SR website if they have it available again. I think it does a really good job combining the different kinds of creatine to create the creature you desire. The only downside is the mixability but don't let that deter you from trying it.

April 6, 2018

Pros:
     Cons:
    • Good Ingredient Profile
    • Need More Than 30 Servings For Proper Joint Health

What's up guys another review here this time for Beast Sports Beast Pack. The pack is made up of a variety of ingredients to support immune health, improve joint health, increase cognitive function, and improve overall heart health. Overall this product did not do much for me with one round of packs and I think I would need 2 to make a difference.

Beast Joint Complex Blend (1400mg) - glucosamine sulfate, Boswellia serrata, turmeric powder - normally when you take a joint supplement it is used to provide strength to your bones. Unfortunately, what people do not know is that you have to take supplements like glucosamine, chondritin, and turmeric for multiple weeks to months for there to be a substantial difference. I tell my patients that these are always something to be taking because in the long run they can really help out the health of your joints.

Beast Essential Fatty Acid Complex (100mg) - fish oil, conjugate linoleic acid, lipase - Fish oil is a good product to be taking to benefit your heart (cardiovascular), decrease overall inflammation in the body, and can also serve for some cognitive benefits. Lipase is an enzyme that catalyzes fat in the body.

Beast Cognitive Complex (611mg) - Bacopa monnieri, Ashwagandha withania somnifera powder, Ginkgo biloba Extract, Huperzia serrata extract, L-Alpha Glycerylphosphoryl Choline - Bacopa monnieri is actually used as a low level replacement for drugs for ADHD and help boosting cognitive effectiveness. Ginkgo bilboa can help combat poor concentration, decrease fatigue, and help cognitive decline. The other three ingredients have similar effects.

Beast Heart Complex Blend (530mg) - Garlic Powder, Hawthorne Powder, Coenzyme Q10 - Hawthorne powder as a variety of benefits including lower blood pressure, promoting immunity, promote digestion, and improve respiratory function. Co Q10 primary responsibility is to help prevent cells from being damage and promotes overall cardiovascular health.

Beast Super Foods Blend (212.5mg) - There is a long laundry list of ingredients in this section. Overall it is designed to support your physical training, also has some benefits with joint health, and helps with nutrient absorption and digestion.

Probiotic Complex (112mg) - helps with nutrient absorption and digestion.

There was no significant taste or mixability factors since they were 30 capsules. Dosing was one capsule of each ingredient. I usually took these first thing in the morning with my breakfast and at night with my dinner.

I am going to give this review a nice honest effectiveness section. Since this product was more of a general health supplement I was not expecting to necessarily "feel" a lot. I was expecting to have overall increased energy and expect to have a good recovery rate/immune boost after my workouts once I completed a week or two of packs. With this product I didn't really get a whole lot. I am not one for the general health packs that many companies sell, but I was intrigued since I have not tried some in a long while. I was expecting to "feel healthy" if that makes any sense. I was expecting a good rate of immune health as well as recovery while taking this product. There may have been a slightly boost in my immune system (since I am just overcoming a respiratory infection) and recovery of my body physiologically, but otherwise there was not really much of a change. It didn't necessarily do a lot that i noticed, but it is always good to take general health supplements and that is why I am not going to totally dock this product.

I would like to make a comment about the joint health complex. According to experience and a multitude of research the joint complex portion of this supplement takes more than 2 weeks to work. If you take this product 2x/day you only get 15 days out of it. In my opinion that is not enough to notice a significant change. In order to get a change that you will notice you would need to take a couple rounds of this supplement.

The first site I found this on was bodybuilding.com for $34.99 for 30 packs. On the beast website I found the 30 packs for $38.99 which is slightly more than the bodybuilding site. Interestingly enough I also found the product on Walmart.com online site for $34.99 for the same 30 packs.

Side Effects

None that I was aware of.

Conclusion

General health packs are something that shoulder be incorporated into your daily routine, but don't expect to necessarily "feel" a lot. I think the product has some good benefits such as digestion rates, immune health, and joint complex, but you need more than one round of it for it to make a difference. Always do your research and remember these products may not be good for me or someone else but great for another person.

April 4, 2018

Pros:
     Cons:
    • Increased Focus
    • Long Lasting Energy
    • Substance Settling

What's up guys another review here this time for Beast Mode Black by Beast Sports Nutrition. This PWO is based primarily on caffeine which I normally prefer not to take. I like beta alanine based products because they give me more focus and energy, but this PWO exceeded my expectations and I recommend those serious about taking their workouts to the next level to try it.

CaroSyn Beta-Alanine (1.6g) - This is one of my favorite ingredients in PWO. It is responsible for the tingling feeling that some of you may experience. Physiologically it is made to decrease fatigue and improve endurance allowing you to push toward those last few reps with a good amount of power.

Agmatine Sulfate (600mg) - This ingredient is responsible for a variety of factors that are irrelevant in this context. In regards to your workouts this can inhibit certain enzymes which allows your body to regulate elevated levels of nitric oxide. Nitric oxide is responsible for relaxing blood vessels and allowing a greater amount of blood into your working muscles.

N-Acetyl-L-Tyrosine (500mg) - For certain people, tyrosine taken both before and after exercise can improve both workout intensity and recovery. Since tyrosine can increase catecholamine synthesis and caffeine and green tea can increase catecholamine release to increase arousal and performance.

Taurine (500mg) - An amino acid that is in very high concentration in certain muscle fibers in the body. In a nutshell taurine can increase cell hydration which allows a greater amount of protein synthesis and may result in a feeling of muscle "fullness".

Caffiene Anhydrous (400mg) - ENERGY!!!!!

DMAE Bitartrate 30% (300mg) - This is an ingredient that is thought to increase acetylcholine in the body. ATCH is responsible for acting at the neuromuscular junction and responsible for the contraction of the muscle. By having more ATCH in your body the greater the muscle contraction (in theory)

Fruite-B Calcium Fructoborate (216mg) - A study done on males taking 10mg for one week showed an increase in testosterone levels and a decrease in estrogen levels. In this same study is was seen that the testosterone levels may increase up to 30%.

Yohimbe Extract (75mg) - This ingredient has shown positive results in improving fat loss and lean muscle gain, but has not been shown to have any effect on pure muscle building or enhancing performance.

Theacrine (25mg) - Theacrine acts pretty good on its own, but when combined with caffeine, the combo can provide all the benefits of caffeine without unwanted side effects which works wonderfully in this supplement.
    "Data published at the 2017 International Society of Sports Nutrition conference demonstrated a large improvement in reaction time among soccer players after they took a combination of TeaCrine, a pure form of theacrine, and caffeine. Researchers suggested that the athletes were able to sustain greater focus under fatigue for a longer period when combining the two ingredients" (this is an exerpt taken from Dalinghaus, 2017: Society of Sports Nutrition Conference). Making this even better in this PWO when combined with caffeine, theacrine can help reduce mental fatigue and improve attentiveness, alertness, and focus.

In section I give the product a B+. The flavor that I received was Beast Punch, I am assuming this was fruit punch flavoring. I would mark this product down a little because I needed to stir it constantly to make sure there was not settling at the bottom. The overall taste was good with no medicine taste and not too sweet/sour. I only needed one scoop of this product because of the high concentration of caffeine. One scoop was 8 grams and there are 30 servings.

A+ in this section. When I take PWO I look for a variety of things including focus, energy, and long lasting effect throughout my entire workout. While taking this product I was on a hypertrophy program that included benching, standing military press, and squat every workout day. For the first section of the workout I consistently felt this product work at full force. After these main sets I would jump into the accessory sets which include one main lift then your accessory muscles. During this second section the focus and energy did not deplete and I loved every moment of it. I was able to lift the same weights and even more consistently with power and strength. I felt this PWO surge through my body non-stop for hours. Normally I hate PWO that include a lot of caffeine, but I didn't feel the same effects with this product as I have with others. I normally get the normal head rush with a mild increase in energy allowing me to just get through the workout, but based on my descriptions above I may contribute this to the addition of thecacrine. I wanted to be bigger and better every set and this definitely exceeded my every wish. I did feel that some days when I did not eat a larger breakfast there was a massive head rush about 30 mins into the workout. For the most past this subsided and translated the energy and focus I desired. Many people don't like a really long lasting effect of a PWO, but for me I thrive on this providing me energy going into work. SO not only did this help during my lifting sessions, but also gave me energy after.

Most of the sites I found this on were similarly priced. On bodybuilding.com they have the 30 serving container for $29.99 at $1.00 per serving. This was the same price I found on the beast website. On amazon.com the 30 serving container is $28.53 which is slightly better, but if you don't have amazon prime then your paying for shipping so make sure to take that into account.

Side Effects

If taking this on an empty stomach there may be some digestive issues. I only experienced this 2 or 3 times, only lasted for the morning and subsided by the afternoon.

Conclusion

Overall this is a solid product made by beast. I have taken their other PWO before and it did not give me the same results. I think the ingredients in this product work well together nicely to provide a great surge of energy. Focus was great and it allowed me to concentrate without any distractions at the gym. Give this product a try it won't disappoint.

Overall
    Thanks to Performax Labs for sending it out!
      March 6, 2018

Pros:
     Cons:
    • Helps Hydrate
    • Muscle Preservation
    • Muscle Building
    • Recovery
    • A Little Pricey

What's up guys Dr. G here for another review, this time for Performax Intra workout supp. This product is particularly unique because it includes whey protein as well as creatine with the main BCAAs. These all compliment each other in creating a product that gives a multitude of benefits good for any experienced or non-experienced lifter.

Amino Acid - mTor Activation

Amino Acid - mTor Activation
    Protein Hydrolysate, BCAAs (combined 6000mg) L-Leucine (3000mg) - Protein Hydrolysate is used in this area of the product and is designed to be digested and used rapidly. The BCAAs are your normal three which help to activate mTor which in turn increases protein synthesis. To help this process the company also added in L-Leucine to aid in protein synthesis

Power-Strength-Recovery
    - Creatine Monohydrate, Magnesium Creatine, Creatin Anhydrous (3000mg)
    Increased creatine intake obviously results in an overall increase in creatine levels in the body. This in turn helps produce more overall ATP in your body. When you contract your muscles your body uses this ATP and by having more theoretically means that your body can increase the power and endurance of your muscle.
    - L-Glutamine, L-Alanine, L-Alanyl-L-Glutamine (2500) - L-glutamine has been linked to greater protein synthesis and prevents the cells in your muscle from being eaten up from working out. L-Glutamine also supports your immune system and supports intestinal activity. L-alanine helps support energy metabolism and assist the body in disposing nitrogen.

Hydration-electrolytes
    Taurine (1500mg) - Taurine can act like creatine in some ways but mostly this ingredient is responsible for expanding cells to hold more water which increases overall cell volume.
    Sodium Phosphate (200mg) - May be able to enhance the bloods ability to deliver more O2 to your muscles, according to some studies.
    Potassium Phosphate (150mg)

I give this section an "B+". I think the overall taste of mine was good but the addition of the protein made the liquid slightly more thick than I would like. The flavor that the company sent me was called Orange Dream. Now when I first saw this flavor I nearly threw up in my mouth because I hate anything orange or orange cream flavored. Once again I was too quick to judge. They actually did a good job with the taste of this product even with the addition of the protein. Overall mixability was good with absolutely no settling in 10-12 oz of water. For dosing 1 scoop is 21g of powder.

This is a section that Performax really exceeded in. For the first time in a while I took this supplement consistently right after every single one of my workouts (sometimes I get distracted and wait a little bit after). I can say that the addition of the Protein Hydrosylate really helped this product. When taking consistently there was great recovery rate, and I attribute this to the BCAA plus the protein. I consistently got a great workout with no aches and pain. Since I am in a hypertrophy phase of my workout this Intra-workout couldn't have been in my life at a better time. The protein in this product helped me reach my protein goals for the day. In addition, the 3g of creatine in the product supplemented my creatine intake for the day. I like to cycle off and on my creatine and it just happened I am cycled on right now. I usually take anywhere from 10-20g of creatine a day so when taking this product I only took 10 g and got the rest with this supplement. As for hydration like the label claims I am really up in the air. I didn't see a whole lot of electrolyte balance and increase in hydration when taking this product. For the first few weeks I felt there was a minor difference but then after taking it for a few weeks these was no substantial difference when taking it oppose to not taking this product. Muscle gain: such a hard category to base the effectiveness on because there are so many factors that play into this, but based on the time I have been taking this product and the muscle gained over the past 1 1/2 months I am going to say this product did a good job in this category. I absolutely had increase in muscle size over the past 1-2 months in my shoulders and arms and I will give this product some of this credit.

The first place I found this product was on the Performax website for $44.99. This is a little hefty amount for an intra workout, but you have to appreciate the protein in this supplement. I feel that this inflation is due to the addition of this. Another site that I found of this on was supplementwarehouse.com for $39.99 which is slightly cheaper, but I know that this particular site has inflated shipping costs so watch out for that.

Side Effects

Conclusion

Overall a good intra-workout product that will supplement any lifters needs. This product has the capabilities to help in muscle building, endurance and recovery with the good ingredients included in this product. I feel the addition of the protein hyrodrolysate really gives this supplement the extra step it needs. The only downfall would be the inflated price. There are many other intra-workout supps that you can buy for cheaper but not all give you the variety of benefits this one may.