Gdolce42

• Member has been active for 1 year, and was last online this week
  • Low community participation

Reviews by Gdolce42

Overall
Thanks to EndurElite for sending it out!
  February 13, 2018

• Fights Fatigue
  • Increase V02 Max
  • Transparent Label

Whats up guys, today I am reviewing PerformElite by the company EndurElite. This is a stimulant based PWO that is meant to improve your endurance during your workouts and give you the energy and focus to crush your lifts out of the park. Whether you are using it for weightlifting or you're an athlete using it to perform it has a wide variety of benefits that would be good for anyone.

Peak O2 (Ganoderma lucidum, pleurotus eryngii, lentinula edodes, hericium erinaceus, trametes versicolor) - this is full of herb ingredients that aim to help you improve endurance during your workouts. Overall these ingredients help improve immune system and also increase the rate your body produces testosterone. The large difference between all the ingredients in this section is the way they act on your body. Some of the ingredients start working immediately once your body starts breaking them down and others do not start taking effect until almost 1 hour after they enter the body.

Beta Alanine (3200mg) - The is a prime time dosage. For the most part I rely on BA to give me the extra reps after a long workout, and in most products that is what this ingredient aims to do. It helps you increase the amount of reps performed by decreasing muscle fatigue and improving endurance. I have a very good outcome with the dosage of 3.2-4.0g. The PWO with this range, I find works wonders and is why I prefer PWOs with BA in them.

Anti Fatigue and Focus Matrix -
Choline Bitartrate (100mg) - Choline is used to produce more acetylcholine in your body. For those of you who don't know, acetylcholine is the neurotransmitter responsible for activating the muscle at the Neuromuscular junction. Without this NT your muscle will not fire. By increasing the amount of Acetylcholine in your body the more your muscle can work when you are lifting (very simple language).

Huperzine-A (.05g) - This is another ingredient that is meant to increase the amount of acetylcholine. This in supplementation with the ingredient listed above make for a good combination to allow your muscle to contract and work at maximal capacity.

Extended Energy and Endurance Blend

elevATP (200mg) - I did not necessarily know what this was so I had to look it up. One place I found states that this ingredient "improves athletic performance, promotes increase power output and training volume, and supports lean muscle and strength."

PURENERGY (150mg) - this is a caffeine complex. This is claimed to deliver caffeine to the body 30% faster than normal caffeine ingredient.

Caffeine Anhydrous (150mg) - everyone should know this one.

I received the Fast Fruit Burst flavor. Overall I feel that it was pretty good, and it was not too sweet or sour. As far as mixability goes it mixed well with nearly anything I mixed it with. I usually used a 12 oz blender bottle, but I also tried it with a regular 8oz glass of water. There was no settling and I did not have to mix it multiple times before I could drink it again. Dosing - one scoop had 10 grams of powder in it, a normal amount in my opinion.

In terms of endurance (what this product was made for ) I thought it did the job exceptionally well. I usually took the product when I knew I was going to have a long workout combined with cardio and lifting. If I was there for 1 hour or 4 hours I got the same effect. This is particularly important when you are trying to lose weight because you need the extra energy to perform the cardio after the workout. I have been trying to lift as hard as possible and I frequently found myself fatiguing toward the end of the lifts. When I received this product it really helped me extend my workouts. I experience a great amount of focus while on this product. You know usually I like to look at the scenery around the gym (if you know what I mean), but I commonly found myself so focused on the workout that nothing else mattered. I was able to focus on what number I wanted to hit with what weight and I commonly succeeded. The focus and energy I received from this product helped me get crazy pumps that last a long time after I was done with the workout. As for muscle and strength gains there was not really much there. I am not docking this product for no results in this section because this PWO is strictly made for endurance and this company hit it out of the park.

On the the company's website I found the same 25 serving tub for $39.99. I also found the product on ebay.com for $44.99 for 25 servings. $40 is a decent price for a PWO, but i usually like to keep the price range between $30-$35.

Side Effects

At first there was no side effects to this product. After taking it for several weeks I started to have frequency and loose bowel movements. It was not on the level to where I was running to the bathroom, but I had to make sure I went before the gym or I was interrupting a workout.

Conclusion

Overall this company made a good product to increase any athlete's or weightlifter's endurance. It incorporates many different ingredients made to improve max endurance, reduce fatigue, increase the rate at which your body rids of lactic acid, and gives you the energy you need to work out as long as you would like. Good job EndurElite with this PWO.

4.1
Thanks to Barndad Nutrition for sending it out!
  February 7, 2018

Pros:
 Cons:
  • Clean
  • Easy To Digest
  • Naturally Flavored
  • Nutritious
  • Only 21g Protein Per Serving
  • Awful Taste
  • Minimal Effectiveness

Hey all I first want to thank SR for giving my the chance to review this product. Today I am reviewing Real Clean Protein (chicken and egg white) by Barndad nutrition. This was another product that I wanted to take a chance on just to get some lean protein into my diet during fat loss hypertrophy phase of my workout plan. This protein had an "okay" effectiveness but the taste turned me off immediately. From the first sip to the last it took everything I had to not just say "cancel the order" but I stuck it out. After finishing the tub I deemed this as really a Average-below average protein that could use some work to improve the effectiveness and taste.

The big selling points of this protein are that it claims to have none of the following: dairy, MSG, artificial colors, antibiotics, artificial sweeteners, artificial flavors, sucralose, aspartame, hormones, and acesulfame-K. One positive aspect of the ingredient profile was that the product had 1g of sugar and only 110 calories so it is good for anyone who is on a lean diet.

Other ingredients included: 4g of carbs, 198mg of calcium, and 2mg of iron.

ChikPRO Chicken Protein hydrolysate (21g) - the benefit of protein hydrolysate is that it allows the body to absorb amino acids more rapidly than other protein derivatives. During the consumption of protein hydrolysate it spikes blood amino acids with allows an increase in overall protein synthesis. This would imply that your recovery rate and muscle gains would improve slightly faster than with other proteins.

In a shaker bottle the protein mixed well with 12 oz of water. There was no settling and demonstrated an overall clean liquid with no chunks. As far as taste this product gets a solid "D". I decided to ask for the chocolate flavor because I find that it tastes well with nearly anything (milk or water), oh was I wrong. No matter what I put in my shake either PB, fruit, or any other ingredient it tasted exactly the same. The flavor was overpowering and it took a lot for me to finish the tub. I would like to say that it is because of lack of artificial flavoring (sad that I need that bad sugar and all for something to taste good). What makes it even worse is that on the website it states that the protein has "award winning taste". Dosing was pretty normal with 1 scoop giving of 30g of powder.

Grade of B- : There wasn't really a whole lot to this product ingredient wise which is why I decided to give it a go. Overall I feel as if it did what a generic protein you would buy at a grocery store would do, just average. I think that I was hoping for a clean protein with a decent protein dosage to give me what I needed to gain lean muscle mass during the phase I was in. There was nothing special, minimal muscle endurance and minimal lean muscle gain. When taking the product the largest difference I noted was (in my opinion a placebo effect) I felt better, physically and mentally. I think knowing that I was getting pure protein with minimal sugar and artificial ingredients made me feel "clean". The overall muscle gain and recovery from the possible spike in amino acids was minimal. This is by far no where near what some other proteins provide which is why I am not giving this product a great grade. I felt like I was not recovering as fast and I felt like the protein supplement was essentially "stale". Hydrolysate is claimed to give you an overall better absorption rate while take it, but there was no indication of this to where I would give it anything other the grade I stated above. Overall an average protein gives average to below average results.

I found this product on the barndadnutrition.com website for $64.95 which is a hefty price tag for a 2lb tub with minimal effectiveness. I attribute the high price tag to the fact that these types of products with minimal artificial ingredients and protein hydrolysate take a little bit more money to produce. I also found the product on amazon.com for the price tag of $49.58, but the only flavor I found was orange smoothie and by the taste of the chocolate I can't imagine what that would taste like.

Side Effects

Conclusion

This is a very clean supplement and with the protein hydrolysate it has good potential. I would like to give the protein a full go with another 2lb tub to see if I feel more change while taking the supplement. I truly believe protein is one of those supplements that you need to take over time or you will not see the true capabilities of it. In my opinion the taste of this product really brought the value of it down for me. If there was some way the company could make a better tasting protein I would be more willing to recommend it and give it another go. This is an average to below average protein and I wouldn't pay the hefty price tag to get minimal results.

Dr. G, out.

Thanks to Regicide Supplements for sending it out!
  January 10, 2018

• Increased Focus

What's up guys first off I want to thank SR reviews for giving me the opportunity to review this product. Today I am reviewing Regicide PWO. This is product that really sparked my interest because of the ingredient profile. It has a lot of ingredients that normally work well for me and for the most part I was confident in its ability to give me the energy and focus to get through my workouts. Well needless today this did not really do well in that category.

BCAA: L-leucine, L-isoleucine, and L-valine - 4:1:1 - these are your basic amino acids that you would take separately in a BCAA supplement. They are most beneficial for protein synthesis enabling your muscle to recover at a faster rate. I usually take a separate supplement to gain my BCAA content but with this product I felt that these were enough.
Nitric Oxide boosters: L-citrulline (3000mg), Citrulline Malate 1:1 (3000mg),Agmatine sulfate (1000mg) - L-citulline is a common ingredient in NO boosting supplements because it is known to dilate the blood vessels and increase blood flow to the muscles. To a certain degree it also helps protein synthesis in the body. Citrulline malate provides more of an endurance boost for your workouts than the L-citrulline. This is also an ingredient that is meant to dilate your blood vessels allowing your muscle to get that great "pump" feeling during your workouts, aka more blood! Everyone loves more blood in the muscles. Agmatine sulfate is mainly used a natural pain inhibitor but also works its magic in the blood vessel dilation department. Overall there isn't sufficient evidence that this ingredient is really beneficial in this category, but it compliments the other two ingredients well.

Energy and Endurance Complex: Beta alanine (42000mg), Beatine (1500mg) Creatine HCL (1500mg), Taurine (1000mg). Beta alanine is the most important of these ingredients, in my opinion. This is known to increase your endurance during your workouts by improving the ability for your muscles to perform at high intensities. Beta alanine has abilities to significantly raise your carosine levels which in turn results in a lower muscle pH allowing your muscles to avoid fatigue. One of my favorites! Beatine actually helps more in improving fat breakdown in cells or otherwise known as increasing cellular metabolism. Creatine HCL is a form of creatine that is absorbed at a much faster rate as one of its counterparts, creatine monohydrate. I mainly use creatine to help me in gaining muscle and I usually cycle on and off of it in 1 month intervals. I find that this helps muscle growth and overall hypertrophy at a better rate than taking it consistently over a period of 2-3 months. One thing that you have to watch out for is that all types of creatine are known to dehydrate you so it is important you drink plenty of fluids. Taurine is a ingredient that is found in many energy drinks and is claimed to help in overall mental performance and endurance. The fatigue fighting power of taurine goes well with beta alanine, to a certain extent.

other ingredients: L-tyrosine (1000mg), N-acetyl L-cysteine (1000mg), Caffiene (300mg), L-theanine (300mg) --these are known in the product as the "Focus Enhancers".

The company sent me watermelon flavor. In reality I don't really care about the flavor because they usually all either taste pretty good are pretty awful, at least for me that is not true for everyone. I didn't really enjoy this flavor at all. To me it tasted like I was drinking that cherry flavored cough syrup when I was kid. In regards to mixability it did pretty well. There was no clumping and minimal settling especially if used enough liquid. The product came with a pretty large scoop which was 28.5g of powder.

Originally, just looking at the ingredient profile I thought that this was going to work really well for me, but as I stated above that was not the case. I really enjoy Beta alanine and with the amount of this in the product I thought I was guaranteed to be crazy in the gym. Although I don't really enjoy the caffeine in the product I thought that overall it would be down played in the overall effect. In this section I will mainly go over the three claims the company makes on the label.
Strength: I really didn't notice much of a change in this area. I was on a hypertrophy program so I was expecting some gain in strength which I did but I attributed it more toward the workout program itself and the hard work I put into it. The other thing I would like to mention is in my opinion PWO does not actually give you strength gains but the energy needed to make those gains. This product does have creatine which should help in the strength department but normally I take about 10g/day so this product alone wouldn't do too much.

Energy: I thought for the most part it did give me energy but the wrong kind that I didn't want. Usually with beta alanine I get a full body energy which allows me to get a great workout and lift a good amount of weight to allow progress in my lifts. With this product I got more of just a head rush which I contribute to the caffeine. Usually when I drink coffee this is the feeling I get. I think the caffeine in this product was overpowering for what I am used to. The product did give me the energy to get through the entire lift with no crash later on. This category is mainly why I give the product an average to below average rating.

For 20 servings on the website regicidesupplements.com you can get this product for $59.99. I would consider this pretty expensive for a PWO. Usually I like to get my PWO for around $30-40 and I will usually spend more if I know a product works. This was the only site I found this product on so you can say that it is not readily available.

Side Effects

None - which is another plus for the product.

Conclusion

As you can see from what I listed above that the ingredient profile is pretty extensive and I contribute the product's high price tag to this. I hope everyone can see why I thought this would be a solid PWO, but it turned out to be only average for me. When trying these products there is no telling what they may or may not do for you so it is important to always look at the ingredient profile. As far as overall effectiveness I thought the biggest impact was in the energy category mainly because of the high beta alanine content. I would give this product a "B-" due to its inability to get me to the next level and the fact that its lacking in some of the claims it makes on the product's label.

January 3, 2018

Pros:
 Cons:
  • Good Recovery
  • Mixes Perfectly
  • Little Muscle Gain

What's up SR community I want to first thank NutraBio and SR for giving me the opportunity to review this supplement. Overall I have had some good experiences with the Nutrabio products so I decided to give their Pure Glutamine a try. I have had glutamine before through other products and while I can tell this product was working it didn't give the results I wanted or expected. I think the biggest positive effect I got from this product was an increase in endurance throughout my workouts, other than that I didn't see much change in muscle growth or immunity enhancement as the label claims.

Pure Glutamine (5g) - There are many benefits of glutamine supplementation either with a lean body building workout or if you are looking to gain muscle fast in the form of hypertrophy. Glutamine is readily used in the body to optimize the body performance in the aspects of immune health and preventing muscle breakdown. Since glutamine is a primary energy source for your immune system it is important to have the levels in your body adequate enough so when you have those intense workouts your muscles are not using it all up and your immune system has enough to properly function. Secondly, glutamine is a great amino acid to stop the breakdown of muscle in your body. This is especially important because during intense workouts your body is rapidly using glutamine. Since this amino acid is one of the only ones in your body that specifically plays roles in both cellular support and muscle metabolism it is important that you have supplementation for the other areas of your body. Other areas that glutamine can help is in the process of "breaking down fat and losing muscle" otherwise known as lean muscle building.

The glutamine I received is unflavored which, as far as I have experienced, most glutamine powders are. I used this product on an empty stomach every morning as the label suggests with my protein shake. Overall I didn't notice any adverse mixing occurring in the shake. For dosing, I took one scoop, which is 5g, twice a day. I usually took it before I ate something so my stomach could be as empty as possible.

In this category I would live this product a "B-". Overall I think this was a solid product especially for the price you are paying and how long this would last you, but I have had other products that have worked slightly better in all areas. First Ill start by commenting on immune health. With the workouts I was doing and playing basketball throughout the week I was putting my body through a lot and needed a solid product to help my endurance and muscle performance. Unfortunately, there was little to no effect on immune health. I say this because I have been ill multiple times over the past month with the cold or just feeling generally "run down". I can't say that "Oh this product was supposed to prevent me from getting sick" but when you make claims that it can boost your immune health and I didn't notice much, that is when I can comment that there was some correlation while I was taking this product.

Muscle growth and endurance: this is the area where the effectiveness picks up a bit and what saved the product. I did notice a nice increase in endurance throughout my time with this product and I was able to lift and run multiple days in a row without my muscle completely shutting down on me. Endurance: I feel that it increased my endurance during each session but as I stated above overall at the end of 3 weeks I was feeling a little sluggish, and who knows maybe it was from the holiday food or maybe it was from the hard workouts. The endurance in each workout was adequate enough to do cardio before and after in addition to having about 1-1.5 hour long lifting workout. Muscle gain: This in result helped me, somewhat, gain muscle mass. Since my goal while taking this product was to gain muscle that is what I am basing most of the success on. I know that normally it takes about 6 weeks for there to be a noticeable hypertrophy change in muscle so that is why I can't completely write off this product. During this time I noticed the largest changed in my legs. Since I was working my legs more than normal this probably contributed to it more than anything.

There are some claims that this product does really well when trying to cut fat and gain lean muscle. I can't comment on that because that is not what I was intending to do, but in my research I did find quite a few studies suggesting that glutamine supplementation does help your body perform at optimal levels when performing workouts attempting to lose weight.

---Value----
I found this product on several sites including bodybuilding.com for $19.99 for a 1.1lb tub which is 100 servings. This comes out to .20 per serving. Ideally this would last you about 50 days if you took it 2x per day. Some of the days I chose to take it up to 3x as if why I finished the tub a little faster. The product is also available on amazon.com for the same price but with prime there is no cost of shipping. Overall I think the value is pretty good considering how long a little 1.1 tub would last you if you chose to take it 2x/day.

Side Effects

increased bowel movements

Conclusion

This was a solid product and the value of it makes me want to think of giving it another try but for me it was only average. I don't' necessarily recommend trying this product because it was hit and miss for me but other people may have had other experiences. I think that if I do decided to try it again I will attempted a fat loss hypertrophy phase and see how my body responds.

As always Live Happy, Live healthy
Dr.G.

LETS GO BUFFALO - 17 year drought snapped!

December 6, 2017

Pros:
 Cons:
  • High Quality
  • No Bloat
  • Extreme Endurance
  • Clumps If Not Mixed Immediately

What's up SR community Dr. G. here for another review. Today I am reviewing Super Carb by Nutrabio. I have never taken a product like this so this type of product is brand new to me. I think that overall I had a good experience with it to the point that I would consider trying something similar in the future. I would recommend this to anyone trying to enhance their workout to a degree to where they know extra energy would be needed.

Rapid Glycogen Pre-Load System - Highly Branched Cyclic Dextrin (25g) -this is produced by breaking down starch and using an enzyme to form sugar molecules. This substance has a high molecular weight and low osmolality thereby reducing the time it spends in your stomach and reduces any discomfort that you may feel in your stomach during a workout. This is different then the normal carb which provides a spike in energy, this one provides a sustained release of energy over time. This is mainly used for those looking to gain endurance or to recovery after a long and intense workout session, lifting or cardio based.
Electrolyte Optimizer (822mg)
- Calci-K (525mg) - this is a readily absorbable form of calcium and no additional suspending agents are necessary to keep this ingredient effective.
- Sodium Phosphate (157mg) - it has been said that this can increased performance and increase max O2 in male athletes.
- Albion Di-Magnesium Malate (140mg)- this may be beneficial to combat fatigue and even has properties to relive pain temporarily.

The bottle that I received was flavored orange mango. Taste was okay but nothing to rave over. I would have much rather had watermelon or something similar. The after taste was the worst past tasting somewhat like medication. One scoop of this was 28 grams. The scoop for this product is fairly large and larger than I would prefer. One large side affect of the mixability was that if I didn't have enough water or if I didn't mix it hard enough the substance would result in clumping. That is one thing to watch out for if you choose to try this product. Like I stated, the scoop was a little large for me which resulted in a large amount of powder in every serving.

I would give the effectiveness an "A". For me I tried to take this product when I knew I was going to have a harder workout. For me this was about 3-4 times a week with my other two workouts being a little more mild. During the times when I took this product I noticed an increased in energy and the ability to withstand any deterioration in intensity during the workouts. There was two specific times in which I wanted to comment on when I did this review. The first was during a time when I first played basketball for my cardio for 1 hour then decided to do a hard arm day. Since basketball depleted my carb and glucose for energy I knew I needed something to combat this in order to continue on and workout for another hour (this was one of the first servings I took when I received this product). After basketball I felt weak and a lack of energy. I drank this in my shaker bottle and 15-20 mins later I really felt a difference. I gained energy and I felt a good rush of energy enabling me to complete the workout and then return home to eat a good meal to replenish my macros effectively. The second instance was more associated with a hard workout day. I was performing squats for 6 sets of 6 then into box squats and front squats. Now, the first exercises alone are hard work with heavy ass weight, then trying to combine those with the rest of a workout was energy depleting. Once again decided to take this product this time during the lifting part after my box squats and once again felt a good rush of energy. I think overall this product did what it is meant to do and is recommended from my end.

I found SuperCarb on Amazon.com for $59.99 for 60 servings which comes to almost $1.00 per serving. I also found the 30 serving bottle for $32.99 which comes to $1.1 per serving also on amazon. On the Nutrabio website the 30 serving container is the same price at $32.99. Since the product worked pretty well for me I do not mind paying this for a quality product.

Side Effects

Conclusion

Overall I think this is a solid product for those looking for a energy boost during their long and hard workouts. I rarely used it as a recovery formula, but I know that it helped play a role in that category just be the shear nature of it. For anyone looking to gain additional carbs to enhance their workout performance or gain additional energy in the gym I recommend to try this product or something similar. As always Love happy and Live healthy

Dr. G

December 5, 2017

• Slight Dehydration

Whats up guys another review here from Dr. G. Today I am reviewing Creatine Monohydrate from Nutrabio. Creatine is great supplementation for anyone who wishes to build muscle either for size or just plain old lean muscle. I think this is a solid product for those looking for decent creatine that will work with their budget and goals in the gym. This is nothing to rave about, but definitely a product I would recommend to beginners or intermediate lifters.

Creatine Monohydrate (5g) - Pharmaceutical grade- HPLC - Micronized - There are multiple creatine supplements available out there here I will specifically talking about creatine monohydrate. Creatine is a major player in the phosphagen energy system in your body. This system plays an important role in your energy system during high intensity activities. In many research articles over the past 10-15 years research has shown that creative can benefit you by improving increased work capacity and muscle training, greater increases in lean body mass, and increased levels of muscle creatine. I think the most impressive thing is that 70% of the research currently in peer reviewed journals or on sites such as PubMed support increased exercise capacity.

The bottle I received was unflavored which is what I prefer. I mixed this product into my shake for breakfast every morning then again with my BCAA later in the day. I normally took two servings at a time. One serving of this supplement is 5 grams so that means that I took 10 grams 2x/day. 20 grams is the amount I aim for everyday since this is what I have seen work for me. I mixed very well into my shake in the morning and with my BCAA in a blender bottle... No residue YAY!.

Once again good not great in this category. I have had many different creatine supplementation throughout the years of lifting and I think this one did a slightly above average job at what I like creatine to do for me. I personal enjoy creatine during any phase for example hypertrophy, strength, or fat loss, but for me I always look for muscle hypertrophy. This may either be in lean mass or plain bulking for the winter season. I like to try and cycle on and off of creatine because I find that It works better for me. For this round I was taking it for the purpose of gaining lean muscle (which the research supports). I found that it gave me a slight increase in lean muscle gain, but not like what other products have provided. Additionally, I did notice an increase in my capabilities to maintain a good lift throughout the workout session. My work capacity did improve during this time which I can partially contribute to taking this product. Overall this product did a decent job at what I wanted it to and I would recommend it for those looking for a start on their creatine supplementation.

Once again, Good but not great in this category. There are other companies that product similar if not better overall creatine products. The first place I found this product available was on amazon.com for $19.99for 100 servings which is not crazy expensive. On ebay.com I found this supplement for $17.19 for 500 grams. The best site I saw this product on was bodybuilding.com which they have it for $13.99 which is the cheapest. This is extremely fair for a creatine monohydrate.

Side Effects

Mild dehydration as most creatine supplements cause

Conclusion

Overall I think this product did not live up to everything a good creatine could be. Like I said above I think it did a slightly above average job at gaining lean muscle mass and increase my work capacity to where I would like it. This is a good start for beginners and intermediate lifters at a good price for the amount you get. Everyone should do their research

November 11, 2017

Pros:
 Cons:
  • Helps With Recovery
  • Superb Taste
  • Large Scoop

What's up SR community Dr. G here again for a review of NutraBio's Intra Blast. Like other NutraBio products you can expect this one to be just as successful. I don't think I have experienced a bad outcome with their products. As always it has a very extensive label and very informative. If you want recovery and energy during your workouts this product is for you.

L-Leucine (3.8g), L-isoleucine (1.8g), L-valine (1.8g)- BCAA are your best for recovery and these are the three main ones you always want in a good recovery product. As you lift and workout there is a breakdown of muscle protein and during this you want there to be an end product of protein synthesis. As you take your BCAA it interferes with the protein breakdown synthesis. So taking your BCAA will allow you to be in a state of protein synthesis. Additionally, BCAA can improve your intensity during workouts. BCAA decreases the amount of serotonin in your body which helps reduce the rate a fatigue during workouts.

L-Lysine (850mg) - L-lysine has a multitude of benefits including promoting normal growth and development, supports the production of proteins, converts fatty acids to energy, and promoted bone health. This works directly with the three previously mentioned in supporting protein synthesis.

Other ingredients include L-threonine, L-histadine, DL-phenylalanine (300mg), DL-Methionine (100mg), and L-tryptophan (55mg).

Great taste, and I mean I loved drinking this thing. I got the sweet tea which tasted exactly like sweet tea, at least to me. Mixed perfectly in a blender bottle with 12 oz of water. I never experienced settling unless I decided to use a spoon and glass to mix it. Scoop for this product was pretty large with a serving being 24.03 grams. The product lasted about a month which is exactly what I expected in 1 scoop per day of 30 servings (duh).

Great effectiveness as always from a great company. As recommended I took this product during my workouts, and on off days I took it first thing in the morning. I used a normal blender bottle with the recommended scoop. I always love these intra-workout supplements because I feel the effects by the end of the workouts when I need it the most. Taking the PWO can only do so much, but my energy is depleting rapidly throughout hard workouts I need something that will give me a little boost to finish those last few hard sets. For me this product did just that. It always gave me the little extra boost to finish the workout, and I never had a workout I couldn't finish. I especially enjoyed this product because it helped me finish a good cardio session after my workouts. In terms in recovery this product was great in that category. There were very few times where I felt Like I could not lift a hard ass workout the next day. I felt sore very minimal during the past month, but when I did get more sore or did not feel like I recovered enough, I attributed to a long work week and just general fatigue from "life". When this happened I took a day off and again took the product. Slacking on these supplements is not something I do. Once you miss a few days then the products don't work as well (at least that is what I tell my self). Consistency is the key to any man's success. Currently I am attempting to continue to lose some fat and I attribute much of my success to the products I take. This product did a great job complementing my gains and losses in fat.

I found this supplement on Amazon.com for $39.99 for 30 servings. As always I think that NutraBio is pretty fair on their prices based on previous supplement's effects on me. On the NutraBio site it is the same price. This comes out to $1.30 per serving.

Side Effects

Conclusion

Great product with great taste and great effectiveness. This is everything that you want in a BCAA product: energy, recovery, and freakin' awesome outcomes. As always there is great full disclosure label which lets you know each and every ingredient in this product. Nutrabio is always putting out great supplements and this is a product that I would absolutely consider buying again.

Overall
Thanks to Enzo Nutrition for sending it out!
  November 5, 2017

Pros:
 Cons:
  • Endurance
  • Increased Focus
  • Long Lasting Pumps
  • Mental Focus

What's up guys another review here this time from ENZO Nutrition Formula WON. This is a PWO with claims of burning fat, increased energy, endless energy, and mental focus. This product fulfilled everything I expect out of a good PWO. Not only did it give good energy throughout the workout, but the pumps I had were great.

L-Citrulline Malate (6g) - citrulline is a amino acid naturally occurring in the body. This amino acid plays a role in the Urea cycle. Supplementing with citrulline malate is thought to put the urea cycle in overdrive taking the ammonia that your body produces when working out and excreting it at a greater pace and amount than normal.

Beta Alanine (3.2g) - the largest benefit is its ability to substantially raise your carnosine levels. A study done has shown that beta-alanine has proven to raise your carnosine levels up to 48% in four weeks and 80% in 10 weeks. Carnosine is responsible for preventing buildup of hydrogen ions in the muscle. Normally you would have a rise in H2 which contributes to a decrease of pH in the muscles, but with increased beta-alanine supplementation with a subsequent rise in carnosine levels it allows your body to maintain a basic pH and reduce muscular fatigue.

Beatine Anhydrous (2g) - Similar to the effects of creatine, beatine anhydrous contributes to cellular hydration and helps maintain water balance and cellular integrity.

L-tyrosine (650mg) - Used in the body to produce noradrenaline and dopamine. Recent study has shown that this amino acid can have positive affects in reducing stress and improve mental function.

Other ingredients : Caffeine Anhydrous (200mg), L-norvaline (125mg), 2-aminoisoheptane (120mg), phenylethylamine hydrochloride (50mg), hordenine hydrochloride, N-methyl Tyramine hydrochloride (35mg).

Good taste and mixed very well. I received the strawberry lemonade flavor which tasted like sweet regular lemonade, but that is beside the point and tasted good anyways. I mixed the product in 10-12oz of water which worked well, with slight settling at the bottom. When I noticed this happening I stirred the liquid again and everything was picked up. One serving of Formula WON was 2 scoops of product.

This product was right up there with many of the good PWO that I have taken. I took this product in the mornings about 30-45 mins before my workout. Usually that is how long it took which is not an issue for me. In regards to the claims by the company on the label I would agree with 3/4 of those claims. Every workout I got a good pump when taking this PWO. I would start with my cardio before the workout and then get right into it trying to go as hard as possible. Normally I have a tough time really getting a pump (and I mean really feeling like your chest is going to explode) when I do chest and shoulder workouts, but with this PWO I had no problem. Even better I got a crazy good pump in my legs on leg day. In regards to the claim of "endless energy" I would also agree. There were days where I would play basketball for 1 hour then go and lift for 1 1/2. During the last portion of the workout I always felt I had more in me to do more cardio or even a finisher set. This was so enjoyable because I love leaving the gym feeling as fatigued as possible and this PWO gave me that. The 3rd claim of mental focus, definitely. There was nothing that could get my attention away from lifting, always thinking about how much weight I will be doing and performing the reps with no hesitation. For me, mental focus is huge in the gym because I can tend to get lazy if my mind is not into it. While taking this product I never ever had one of those "lazy" days. Now the only thing that I did not think this PWO played a direct role in was the fat burn portion. I just think that it gave me more energy to do more cardio which then helped me burn more and more fat. Now if you want to consider this as an indirect effect, be my guest, but I would not put "fat burner" as one of this product's strength.

Overall the value was priced in the mid to mid-high range of $31.99 for 20 servings which comes to about $1.6 per serving. Normally I get PWO that gives about 30 servings per container, but this one offers only 20 for the same price as a 30 serving PWO. This price was found on the ENZO site. I also found it available on Amazon.com for $36.90. I think this is slightly high in price at $1.84 per serving.

Side Effects

Conclusion

Overall a good PWO with the ingredients that I needed to perform my best in the gym. Constant energy and great pumps summed up my experience with this product and it is something I would recommend anyone to try. Now if you like a caffeine based PWO then no I don't think this is the one for you, but from my experience Beta-alanine and citrulline malate treat my body well in the gym. As always Live happy and Live healthy.

Dr. G.

Thanks to BN Labs for sending it out!
  October 28, 2017

Pros:
 Cons:
  • Great Protein Per Serving
  • No Soy
  • Organic Ingredients
  • No Muscle Building

What's up guys Dr. G here for another review. This time I am reviewing a Vegan protein that intrigued me based on others' reviews on similar products. I saw this product available and pretty said "what the hell, lets see if it works". I think that overall this was a good product, but not great. I have never taken something like this and in ways I regretted it, but in others I think I would possibly give something similar another chance.

Protein Blend (Organic Pea Protein Isolate, Organic Brown Rice Protein, Organic Hemp Protein, Organic Spirulina Powder) (27g) - Pea protein isolate is a vegan style protein or for anyone who wants to avoid lactose in their diet. This may be especially useful for those who are lactose intolerant. One thing that I have read is that it is a very good ingredient if you want to make protein muffins, cookies, protein breads or even homemade protein bars. The Brown rice protein in this has been tied to many of the same benefits, but research has also suggested that it may help in fat loss and lowering cholesterol. What is the main difference between this protein and a regular whey isolate? Well mainly the ingredients but whey protein has more pros in boosting immune system, higher branched chain amino acid, and supports detoxification. Pros of vegan protein are the lack of dairy in the product as well as it is easier to digest. The cons of vegan protein are it is not ideal for muscle building, and the taste (of course!).

Taste was poor, which is to be expected (I had Carmel Latte flavored). Mixability was just as good as any other protein I have tried. I used it in my shakes in the morning which was mixed in a blender. Most of the time I used soy milk to mix it with as well as with fruits, this masked the taste a bit. I did try it once in a blender bottle with water which mixed fine, but tasted like my grade school's white chalk, gross. One scoop of this protein was 36g and normal size for what I am used to.

Overall effectiveness was "meh" a solid 6/10. I definitely think that it was giving me the protein I needed to sustain muscle, but didn't notice much as far building muscle. This makes complete sense since it really is not ideal for building muscle. Luckily during the time I took this product I was aiming for fat loss. I think it played a role in reducing the amount of diary I was taking in which helped my overall health. Since I am mildly lactose intolerant it was evident that my bowel movements were dramatically reduced. Sometimes when I take regular protein I get a mild upset stomach so that was definitely a plus for me. I felt a lot "healthier", I guess that is the word I would use, while taking this. I am assuming that the ingredients played the largest role in this feeling. Having a plant based protein helped me detox, and I noticed this the most when I transitioned to the Vegan protein as well as transitioned to a regular whey based protein. Overall I would not recommend this if you are trying to build muscle, but worth a go if you want to feel overall healthier.

On the BN Labs website the same tub of protein costs $49.99 which is pricey for a 2lb tub of protein. I am assuming make this supplement costs more because of the ingredients. I searched on Amazon.com and I found that it was the same price.

Side Effects

Conclusion

Based on my experienced with this protein I think it is a good choice for those who truly need vegan protein. For me and probably many of you without dietary restrictions I would recommend sticking to the Whey protein. I would say this for two reasons, most men like to build muscle and then recover properly. Whey has the amino acid content you need as well as the proper grams of protein. As always Live happy and Live healthy.
Dr. G signing off.

Thanks to EBN Sports for sending it out!
  October 8, 2017

• Mild Increased Recovery
  • No Muscle Gain
  • Weird Taste

Hey SR community! Today I am reviewing EBN Sports Premium Creatine Clear. This is the second review that I am doing with this company. Once again this company did not impress. I have taken quite a few creatine supplements over the years and usually the ones that have a nice clean profile only including creatine ingredient are normally the best. I know that this company tried to make this product have an energy component to it, but to me it is unnecessary. Below I will give you a couple things I did not like about this product, but also some positives.

----Ingredient P...

Vitamin C 60mg
Vitamin B12 6mcg
Sodium 259mg
Potassium 200 mg

Main ingredients that were included in the product was the BACr Blend (6.17g). This first ingredient is of course Creatine (as tri-creatine Citrate). This type of creatine is different than your monohydrate or others that you may have taken or heard of. The difference is the chemical make-up of the ingredient. The reason is that it may be able to absorb into your body slightly faster but requires double dose as opposed to a Monohydrate (for example) may need. In addition, there are no pure forms of this type of creatine and is only available in certain products. This type is also more expensive than others which makes sense why this product is on the pricey side. The second important ingredient is Beta-alanine (as CarnoSyn). Beta-alanine is normally found your PWO because it has properties of increased energy and focus, and allows you in improve your overall endurance. Beta-alanine can also aid in lean muscle gain,, but to a lesser extent than the other abilities. Overall, a pretty simple ingredient profile, but in my opinion no need to use a creatine that is not proven to be better or worse than its other competitors.

I reviewed one other product from this company thinking maybe the taste would be a bit better this time around. Nope, not at all. It is unflavored but still has this sweet, tangy, carbonated taste to it. I was unable to mix it with any protein and I couldn't mix it with water. I was forced to buy carbonated water and drink it with that since it was the only way I could get the stuff down. When I did mix it I think it mixed fine with slight settling if I didn't mix it for a while. Dosing was average needing 1.5 scoops for 1 serving with the scoop being 11.17g.

I will first start off by saying that I think overall it was a good concept, but the dosing and everything associated just didn't work for me the way I wished. Normally with creatine I hope to gain muscle mass over the period of taking a supplement. For me I think that this product mostly gave energy from the Beta-alanine. The first reason why this is a positive is because beta-alanine is my favorite ingredient to take before hardcore lifts, but this is not my main reason for trying this product. I was hoping it would aid in gaining lean mass during this fat loss stage I am going through. I think that it did a VERY average job at this, even below average. I noticed a minor change overall, but not like other creatine products that I have tried. I also will comment on another fact that I noticed. In my last review of AminoPro I mentioned a possible "loss of power". Originally I thought it was that product that was affecting me, but I realized I was taking Creatine Clear at the same time. I finished creatine clear container and noticed that loss of power was reduced during my workouts. This is a big negative for me. I can't afford to be in the middle of grinding set and all of sudden my muscle are giving out on me. This is another reason why I don't necessarily recommend taking this product. Overall I think this was a product that needs some change to the overall ingredient profile do increase the effectiveness that creatine is meant to have.

I found this product available on the EBN website for $49.99 for 40 servings. Based on the effectiveness of this product I think this is way too much to spend on this product. This is for 40 servings (the same product I received) which comes out to $1.25 per serving. I also found this product on Amazon.com but with no price tag, which I find super sketchy. It says it is available from other sellers with also no price tag but says they are in stock.

Side Effects

Conclusion

Overall, I think this is a below average product that has potential. I think the idea of the product is good, but the company needs to change the ingredient profile. It did not improve muscle mass as expected, had mild recovery rates AT BEST, and there was very minimal increase in strength. These three things that the label claims to do are necessary to any weight lifter's regime. If a product is claiming to improve these three than you expect to improve in all three, not just or two. Hope everyone has a good week and as always Live happy, Live Healthy
Dr.G