Galloway

• Reputation is somewhat low. (+23)
  • Was an active member for 3 months, but hasn't been online since April, 2013
  • Member has only posted 5 reviews
  • Low community participation
  • Social media account not linked

Reviews by Galloway

Overall
Overall
3.0
3.0
2.0
  April 30, 2013

Pros:
 Cons:
  • Tastes Great
  • Good Beginner Protein.
  • Cheap
  • Not Enough Protein
  • High Calories
  • High Carbs/fat
  • Garbage.
Alright, just finished the tub not too long ago and figured I should share my experience with you.

First off, I did not pay for my tub of Monster Milk. Which is probably why I'm not all that upset right now. I was given a tub by a buddy who works at GNC and had bought it on closeout for like 12 bucks. I needed a protein to hold me over until payday. So it was 2 long weeks with nothing but "Muscle Milk" to keep me going.

Taste: 8

Taste: 8

I'd say the only real upside to this product is the taste. It does kind of taste like a milkshake. Unfortunately, it will give you similar nutritional results as if you were drinking a milkshake as a post workout.

Effectiveness: 3

This bottle is out to trick you. On the front it says 32 grams per serving. However, if you turn the bottle around. You will soon discover that a full serving is 2 full rounded scoops of this crap. Which leaves you with about 2 weeks of this crap to go through. And when you DO use 2 full scoops, the consistency becomes extremely thick and chalky. Even if you use water. You get clumps constantly.

It's high calorie and high fat content should warn you away from this stuff. It is low in protein and high in false promises.

Results you ask?

I lost 2 lbs of what was clearly muscle during my 2 weeks of using this product. I had been using Pro Complex from ON.

If you are new in the gym, or on the field. This could be a good starter protein. But as we all know, as our training progresses. So should our nutrition. So if you're a veteran of the iron arts, steer clear from this tub of lies.

Seriously, don't buy this. If someone gives it to you as a gift. Smile, and then pass it on to someone you seriously don't like. Or a newbie who can't afford protein. I guess it's better than nothing. But only slightly.

February 7, 2013

• Increased Vascularity
  • Not For Stimulant Sensitive People
  • All Sweat And No Pump
  • Price
I have a little bit of nostalgia when it comes to C4, it was my first PWO that I tried. I gotta say that when I was first starting in the gym, it really gave me the extra push I needed. Since then I've changed my PWO up a few times. I've gone to Jack3d, 1.M.R., ALARM. and a few others. C4 Is still in my arsenal though, even with my tolerance to stims.

When it comes to comparison to other PWO's Id say it's similar to Jack3d. Minus the focus. And for those of you who have an extremely high tolerance at this point (pretty much all of us) C4 can still be your PWO if you use it right. I would suggest adding additional NO3 to your mix. THAT really kicks this product into gear.

Taste 9/10
you can't beat the flavor of Icy Blue Razz. I'm sorry, if you made that into a soda I'd probably drink it all day. While that's not important to EVERY athlete, I prefer not to go into the gym with a grimace on my face and trying to get the taste of "Blech" from my mouth. So that's a definite plus for me.

Pump 8/10
Like I said before, the pump on this product is decent. However, for tolerant athletes you really should consider purchasing addition NO3 Black to stack it with. There's a decent amount of the ARGININE AKG in this, but adding a little extra will really push you're body into that overdrive you're looking for. One of my tricks is to cycle the additional NO3 tabs on days that I really need a kick.

Focus 7/10

The affect of C4 is really more of a body stim. And if you look at the nutrition label it will tell you just that. All of it's ingredients are geared towards kicking your muscles into a response. Not necessarily your mind. So it gets an average rating. If you're the type of athlete who has the "wandering mind" in the gym, you might want to find a PWO that's more of a "tunnel vision" product. But if this isn't your main issue, C4 can still be your work out partner.

Price 6/10

The price is a bit misleading. You usually get about 30 servings for 30 bucks (unless you buy from GNC). But the label doesn't really mention that you're most likely going to need 2 of those scoops to really kick you into gear. So you're gonna end up going through a 30 serving tub pretty fast. And to make it stretch, buy some NO3 and cut your C4 serving down. But that isn't cheap either. So this product is a bit pricey, due to the tolerance you will build quickly.

Also, there's the myth that if you're in the military (or probation) you will not pass a urinalysis. It's even on the tub itself. I have taken plenty of tests while using this product and I've never had a dirty. However, this is up to the individual athlete of course. But from what I've read online and the research I've done. That story seemed to be cooked up by a serviceman who didn't want to admit he wasn't clean. But please, don't take this as the truth. Do the research yourself and decide before you start using this. Take the initiative in your fitness life.

C4 is a good product on it's own, it's got it's downsides like anything else. But you can take a good product and make it a GREAT product by adding NO3 Chrome to your mix. If Cellucor had added more of the NO3 to the mix I think I'd be able to rate it higher. But I can see the logic in making us buy two products to get 1 result.

If you find this on sale, or closeout, or hotbuy, pick this up. You can always cycle off your usual PWO and use this one for a time. And if you cycle off of C4 for a while you can return to your original tolerance with this product. So it is a smart buy.

C4 is kind of like that one work-out buddy you have. The one you started with, but eventually surpassed. He's still your friend but you don't hit the gym with him on "Chest Day"

Hope this helps.

February 6, 2013

• Less Water Weight
  • Minor Acne At About 2 Weeks
  • Light Acne
I came across A-HD in a desperate attempt to put some mass on. I've got a super fast metabolism and do A LOT of cardio. So Trying to get some real muscle weight to stick on me is difficult.

I got this stack as a present from my brother, he had known of my struggles and figured he'd give me a hand. We're both very dedicated to our fitness lives.

I really went "all out" when using this product, but the results were not exactly as I expected. I started eating just about everything in sight to give me enough calories to sustain a decent muscle growth. Not to mention the use of a mass gainer. Which I cut out about a week in because of gastric discomfort.

I've recently completed one 4 week cycle, and I'm overall pleased with the result. I didn't really get intense mass that I had hoped. But this product has SERIOUSLY improved my lean-ness and definition.

The first part of the cycle or 2 weeks I actually dropped 2 lbs. But that seemed to be from water weight. And my definition started to shine through. After that I saw a steady increase in strength and then a gradual addition of lean mass. Overall I was able to put almost an inch on my biceps while reducing my body fat from 8& to 7%. My overall physique has definitely improved. And I didn't get any of that "stupid mass" that some weight adding products give.

As far as side affects go I didn't really feel too many of them. I didn't have a breakout of acne or deal with intense sexual desires. The ONLY thing I really notices was for the first week my joints were a bit stiff and achy. I added a creatine monohydrate to my stack (I had been using HCL) and the discomfort went away within a few days.

The price would probably be the only downside to this product, and that's a pretty bit one. You're dropping around 40 bucks in stores and online it's as low as 25 bucks some places. But if you REALLY want to get some results I would seriously invest in picking up SOLID with it. When I added that product to the cycle during my last week is when I experienced some nice vascularity and just rock solid looks.

Honestly it's a good product, and I plan on doing another cycle, this time with SOLID the entire way through. And like I said, the only downside is you're short 40 bucks or so. I found a combo pack at GNC for 57 on hot buy. Of both SOLID and A-HD. That seems like a valuable buy. I don't mind spending the cash, as long as a product really delivers. And from what I can tell, that's a good stack and worth the money.

Simple, easy to take. Just one little blue pill in the morning. I didn't notice any difference taking it on a full or empty stomach.

BE ADVISED. If you're expecting to just puff up and add crazy kinds of globulous mass that you'll just cut and shape later. This is not the product for you. This is definitely for the athlete who was lean muscle and a tighter physique.

February 6, 2013

Pros:
 Cons:
  • Increased Vascularity
  • Massive/dense Pumps
  • Great If Stacked With A Pwo
  • Value Based On My Dosage
  • Are Supposed To Stack It With Other Pre Workouts
I first tried NO3 Black when I was working as an associate at GNC. At the time, the cellucor rep gave me a bottle to try at home. Even though I no longer work for GNC, I still purchase this product (not from GNC of course)

This product has dramatically changed my workouts. I think that everyone who does intense weight training should look to supplement this in addition to their pre-workout. Or even use this as their pre-workout if that's their preference.

I've tried Yok3d and other NO- boosters that contain large amounts of Arginine. But this product is one of the very few ARGININE AKG. Or a form that your body will continue to absorb in large quantities, to put it simply. In comparison to yok3d I definitely reccoment NO3 black. If your body requires you to take the full dose of 6, you'll actually be absorbing the total amount. And reaping the full benefit and pumps

I've been using this product since July of 12. I cycle one month on and one month off. I found that's the best benefit. If you continue using this product you'll build up a pretty massive tolerance. So my suggestion is to only use it sparingly on your intense weight days. And cycle off so when you return you feel the full pump again. I'm about 2 weeks away from starting another bottle, and I'm pretty excited!

As far as real changes in physique that you can expect, you'll get immediate results in the gym. You'll see a large amount of vascularity, and a nice bulge to your entire body. And from the extra push you're getting in the gym. You can obtain your fitness goals at a much faster rate.

As far as the downside, cause every product has at least one. Is the same issue I find with a lot of cellucor products. You build a tolerance. But usually that's just cause the product works so well you want to use it daily! So the best thing you can do is cycle off like I said. If you're still experiencing a diminished affect in the gym. Try breaking up the capsules and mixing it in with your pre-work out. C4 with a little extra NO3 is amazing!

This product really delivers, but you only feel the real full pump and vascularity if you are adding it to a pre-work out. On it's own its decent, but you're not getting that muscle tearing, vein popping, weight thrashing pump that lasts. My advice, buy yourself a tub of C4 and a bottle of NO3. to conserve the NO3 take only a few tabs and mix it into your pre-workout bottle. Down it all at the same time. While you won't feel the affects as long when it's absorbed through your stomach as a liquid. You will be able to go faster, push harder, and feel the affects almost immediately. I would suggest doing this first if you are an athlete with a high tolerance to stims and supps (most of us are)

This product does just as it should, the only improvement I'd like to see is a formula that dissolves easier in a liquid. But that's a small and cosmetic flaw. It doesn't really have any affect on the products performance in my opinion. Order this online for about 40 bucks most places. If you go to GNC you'll find it for 50 most of the time. And sometimes on a hot buy or special. Either way, this product is work the money. I will continue taking this product and recommend it to those I work out with.