Frankiemusc

SR TROOPer

• Member has been active for 7 years, and was last online 2 weeks ago

TROPHY CASE

Reviews by Frankiemusc

Thanks to HAK Nutrition for sending it out!
  October 2, 2017

Pros:
 Cons:
  • Better Recovery
  • Reduced DOMs
  • Tastes Awesome

Thank you to the folks at Hak Nutrition and the SR Troops program, for the opportunity to try Post Hak. Post Hak is a recovery product that contains recovery based ingredients. Apologies for the extremely late review for this product.

---Why I selected this product---

I am not getting any younger and require as much needed assistance to help me recover and replenish my energy levels. I picked this product because, in addition to my staple BCAA's it contains numerous other ingredients that can aid and enhance recovery.

---Expectations---

My expectations were to ex...

---Why I selected this product---

---Expectations---

My expectations were to experience recovery and restored energy levels while taking this product. I expected it to be more recovery than my favorite BCAA.

The product contains the correct ingredients for recovery, yet falls a little short on the proven dosages for some in my opinion (L-Citruline) and L-Carnitine Tartrate. However, I feel the goal here was that they would work synergistically, in terms of effectiveness. Sometimes that strategy works, sometime it doesn't.

The product is broken down into two main categories below:

Size a Strength Growth-

L-Glutamine 3 grams
Cherry Pure Powder 480 mg
Magnesium Glutimane 400 mg
And contains 5 mg of Bioperine for absorption

Taste:

The product comes in two different flavors, Peach Mango and Watermelon. I received the Watermelon flavor, as it's my preferred flavor and was spot on for me.

This product did not disappoint in the flavor department. I would rate the water melon flavor a solid 8, very enjoyable.

Mixability:

I mixed the product in a 24 ounces shaker with some ice. There was minimal residue and a few more shakes while drinking, did the trick in dissolving the residue.

Dosing:

I used the product as an intra-workout drink and completed each serving, just prior to ending my workout. So figure it was consumed in about 1 hour. Sipping it while in the midst of my training.

For the benefit of the review, I will break it down to several areas:

Recovery 8/10:

After the first several days of taking the product, I noticed increased recovery outside the gym. Normally, after a workout, I am spent and a bit tired. I felt a more elevated sense of recovery, which was more than welcome.

Muscle Soreness 8/10:

Although some studies claim glutamine as ineffective, I always noticed reduced muscle soreness when taking as little as several grams. Not 100% sure if this ingredient alone helped me, however, when I increased the weights, or added a new exercise, I was noticeably less sore.

Endurance 7/10:

While taking the product after several days, I noticed a bit more stamina left in the tank to do more during the gym. I didn't take advantage of it, because I am a believer in overtraining. Just something to note.

Strength/Size 3/10:

I didn't notice any strength gain or size increases while on the product.

The product can be bought from Hak Nutrition for $29.99 for 25 servings. That's about $1.20 per serving. Based on the above effectiveness, I think that's some solid value.

Side Effects

I experienced no side effects while using this product. However, several days after using the product, my recovery and endurance were noticeably less.

Conclusion

Based on the above effectiveness experienced, I would recommend this product. It was very positive for me in several areas and that's exactly what I like to experience when taking a recovery based product. I am looking forward to using this product again.

Thanks to Zhou Nutrition for sending it out!
  August 1, 2017

Pros:
 Cons:
  • None
  • Under-dosed Key Ingredients
  • Not Effective In Any Area
---Introduction---

Thank you to the folks at Zhou Nutrition and the SR Troops program for the opportunity to try Zhou Nutiriton's product, Boost Elite. This product is a natural testosterone booster and contains ingredients that may boost testosterone or libido.

Why I selected this product:

As a male approaching the ripe old age of 43, I am always looking for that extra test boost, via natural products. My go to is DAA. When test boosters work, it's very noticeable to me, whether it's a slight boost in aggression, increased libido, more energy, mood enhancing etc.

After doing some sear...

Why I selected this product:

After doing some searches on this product, I saw all the rave reviews on Amazon and said, I have to try this and give some honest feedback.

Expectations:

My expectations were very high, based on all the positive reviews of this product. As of this review, Amazon has almost 2,000 reviews of this product and an average of 4 of 5 star rating of those reviews. That's very impressive.

---Ingredient Profile---

A combination of potential test boosting ingredients, as well as libido increasing ingredients. Not going to delve into all the ingredients, as it will just be a duplication of what others have stated. I will focus on the main one's for me.

Tribulus Terrestris 500mg- I have heard people say this has some test boosting properties, depending on the type or where it's from. Personally I have never had any results from it

Horny Goat Weed 400mg- This product is known to enhance libido. I have had mixed results in the past with this ingredient.

Fenugreek Seed Extract 300 mg- I have had some success with this ingredient in the past, in combination with other test boosting ingredients.

An interesting mix of ingredients on the label for this product. I guess the hope was, although many under dosed, that they would work synergistically together.

---Taste/Mixability/Dosing---

Taste:

These are in capsule form, so taste is not applicable here.

Mixability:

These are in capsule form, so mixability is not applicable here.

Dosing (The Benefit of the Doubt Test Dosing):

Now I normally follow the low end dosage instructions when it comes to test boosters, however, based on my age and being able to confirm that a specific test booster has noticeable effects, I switched it up here.

Most of the ingredients are under dosed, so I took 3 capsules upon waking and another 3 about 6 hours later. This was mentioned on the label as well. The product would last me only 15 days, but I was hoping for a fast track to some test boosting effects.

---Effectiveness---

For the benefit of the review, I will break it down to several areas:

Libido- Total bust here, even at doubling the dosages.

Now I expected something in terms of a libido boost because I have taken similar ingredients as stand alones and have had noticeable effects of increased libido. Unfortunately little Frankie had no benefit in this aspect of the product.

Mood- Total bust category number two.

No increased mood, elevated feeling, motivation or increased desire to lift weights when in the gym, nothing.

Energy- Total bust number 3.

I experienced no increased energy, no better sleep patterns, nothing.

---Value---

This product can be purchased, I think only on Amazon at $32.99, for 30 servings or 3 capsules per day. I cannot say this is good value, as I experienced no added benefit from this product.

---Side Effects---

I did experience some anxiety the first several days of using the product, due to the Yohimbe Bark Extract. This was normal for me, as I have similar side effects from this ingredient always.

---Conclusion--

As a 42 year old male on the downward slope of his prime, it's very easy for me to tell if a test booster is working. Sadly, this product did absolutely nothing for me. I felt as if I were taking a sugar pill, zero positive effects.
I would not consider purchasing this product or recommending it to anyone.

3.0
Thanks to RSP for sending it out!
  July 31, 2017

Cons:
  • Taste
  • No Fat Loss
  • Ineffective Doses
  • No Energy
---Introduction---

Thank you to the folks at RSP and the SR Troops program for the opportunity to try RSP's product Amino Lean. This product contains ingredients that could be used for recovery, energy and fat loss. My staple supplements always include one for energy, and one for recovery-BCAA's.

Apologies for the late review.

Why I selected this product:

The 3 headed ingredient profile in this product is what intrigued me and it's been a while since I have tried such a formula.

---Introduction---

Apologies for the late review.

---Ingredient Profile---

I am not going to provide a detail on the 20 ingredients listed on the label, as previous reviewers have done a great job in covering these already.

Amino Acid Blend 5 grams- contains your staple bcaa's and l-arginine, l-glutamine, just to name a few
Thoughts: Prop blend, which appears to be under dosed all around, with the 14 ingredients in this blend.

Fast Loss 1.5 grams-CLA, L-Carnitine L -Tartrate, Green Tea Extract and Coffee Bean Extract
Thoughts: Another prop blend that appears to be under dosed. Especially for the CLA and L Carnitine Tartrate, 1.5grams
could be an effective does each

Energy and Focus 130 mg Caffeine from Green Tea and Theobromine
Thoughts: Clearly under dosed based on just the two ingredients listed here

---Taste/Mixability/Dosing---

Taste:
I had the blackberry pomegranate. The taste was delicate, definitely not over powering, or overly sweet. Just a hint of flavor would best describe it. It was a refreshing flavor for me.

Mixability:
I mixed this either in a 24 ounce shaker or in a 16 ounce plastic water bottle. Mixing was excellent, no residue and it seemed to dissolve effortlessly into the water.

Added ice cubes in the shaker.

Dosing:

1 scoop in the above water amounts.

I took this as a pre-workout and didn't exceed this amount for 30 days, as I wanted to stay within the 1 a day serving size.

Overall a big MEH.

Energy- just wasn't enough. I train at 4:30 or 5am 3 days per week and I require a nice kick to get me going at my age. The product fell short here. I felt a cup of 10 ounce coffee has a better result than this product.

Recovery-I didn't feel any speedier recovery or reduction in doms etc, but hopefully there was some underlying benefit to the product. Some BCAA products I have felt working in the past and some I did not.

Fat Loss- No noticeable leaning aspects of this product whatsoever. I have taken L-Carnitine on its own and have noticed a leaning effect, but at much higher dosages. The fat loss concept of this product was most disappointing, in terms of the amount of ingredients.

---Value---

The product can be purchased on Amazon as of this review, $16 for 30 servings. Value is based on effectiveness and based on my lack of effectiveness, I am not sure I would spend $16, or 53 cents per day, for something that was ineffective.

---Side Effects---

No side effects

---Conclusion---

Overall this was an under dosed product in which no physical positive effects were experienced. Hopefully, there was some underlying benefit to my muscles with the amino blend, however the energy and fat loss blends fell flat.

Possibly this would be deemed a "beginner" product, for someone that is just starting out in the gym or very sensitive to stimulants.

Thanks to RSP for sending it out!
  June 9, 2017

Pros:
 Cons:
  • Mixes Well
  • Average Pumps
  • No Recovery Benefits

First off, I would like to thank RSP and the SR Trooper program for the opportunity to try me to RSP's Agmatine Sulfate.

Nitric Oxide products are practically a staple for me, as I use them several months on and a month off during the year. Everyone wants that huge pump to keep them motivated, however, there is also the benefit of increasing blood flow throughout the body, and potential cardiovascular benefits.

Why I selected this product:

I have tried Agmatine Sulfate before with mixed results, however normally in pre-workouts. My go to pump ingredient is L-Arginine HCL.

Pretty straightforward here, it's one ingredient, 500mg of Agmatine Sulfate. The technical ingredient, which is trademarked as Agmamax. I do not know the particulars behind this name.
RSP Product Claims:

Supports the following:

NO production for pump and nutrient transport
Muscle recovery, reduced soreness, decreased recovery time
Promotion of antioxidant activity
Oxygen Supply

The L-Arginine Vent:

I don't understand why everyone seemed to sour on L-arginine, when 10-15 years ago it was all the rage. Everyone and their mother were getting pumps off the product and now it apparently doesn't work the same for many and it seems like companies are trying to reinvent the wheel at time. Well, it still works great for me in the pump department.

Taste

Taken with water this has a very bitter taste

Mixability

No issues mixing two scoops in 6 ounces of water or flavored beverage. The product dissolved completely for me.

I took two scoops 20-30 minutes before my workout, on an empty stomach. I stayed with this dosing for the entire tub
The bitter taste got to me after a while and I started mixing it with powerade zero.

I stayed with 2 scoops for the duration of the tub. Didn't want to go to three because that just seemed excessive to me, as agamtine sulfate is suppose to be taken at much lower dosages than L-arginine, due to its claim to be more effective.

Pumps:

The pumps were nothing to brag about and average at best. After hitting the gym hard, it seemed like I took no pump product at all. Maybe I should have ventured into the 3 scoop territory. Always with solid pump products, I can take the product and on my way to the gym, I have a noticeable pump in my arms, unfortunately that was not the case with this product.

Also, to note, I had no increased libido effects with this product. With L-Arginine, after a period of 6 grams per day for a few weeks, I have elevated libido, random wood.

Recovery/Oxygen Supply:

I noticed no increased recovery with the product and I noticed no increased oxygen capacity, by way of increased endurance.

You can get this product as of this review at BB.com for $24.97 (50 grams). At two scoops, the product will last you 50 days.

Side Effects

No side effects experienced

Conclusion

I will stick with my "old fashioned" L-Arginine HCL. It works very well for me and at 6 grams per day, its much better value than this product. The old saying, if it's not broke, don't fix it, clearly applies here for me.
Yes, there's some new pump products on the market that work very well/great, unfortunately this doesn't cut the cake for me.

Thanks to CSA Nutrition for sending it out!
  May 12, 2017

• Increased Strength
  • Mixability Needs Improvement
  • Heavy Bloating
  • Excessive Water Weight

Thank you to the folks at CSA Nutrition and the SR Troops program for the opportunity to try Podium Gold.

Why I chose this product:

I haven't tried a straight up creatine mono related product in quite some time, possibly over 5 years. I respond well, strength increase, some endurance etc. however, I have had bad issues with bloating on many occasions. My go to creatine of choice is Kre-alkalyn, the buffered form of creatine monohydrate and I love it. Works like a charm and no bloating ever. So I figured I would give this a go.

The ingred...

Why I chose this product:

The ingredient 4.5 gram proprietary blend called CarnoForge is trademarked, which is a blend of beta alanine and creatine monohydrate. From what I have read, the ingredients in this product are bonded and buffered.

The company claims that Carnoforge increases exercise capacity and power output by increasing intracellular carnosine levels via fast twitch (Type 2) muscle fibers. The product is free from any banned substances and is touted by a few powerlifters online and in several weight lifting forums.

Taste:

I received the unflavored powder, which had zero taste to it. I did mix it with powerade zero, and the product had no much effect if any, on the flavor of the powerade zero.

Mixability:

Not the greatest mixing product, I had to stir the product often, especially after drinking half the glass. A ton of settling of the powder at the bottom, and gritty as I got towards the bottom of the glass.

I mixed the product in 12 ounces of beverage, sometimes water, but for the most part powerade zero. When I would take 2 scoops, I went with 6 ounces pre and 1 scoop and 6 ounces post workout with 1 scoop. The goal here was to keep my water/beverage intake the same, and to hopefully minimize water weight.

Dosing:

Directions state, once scoop daily before your workout for people under 200lbs and once scoop daily preworkout and once scoop post workout for people over 200lbs. Pretty straightforward here, no loading etc.

Appearance Effects:

Based on my starting weight of 233, I started the product as directed at 1 scoop before my workout and 1 scoop after my workout. Now here's where my issue arose. After 4 days of 2 scoops per day, I felt noticeably more swole, heavy and bloated, so I stepped on the scale and whoa, 240 lbs, I gained 7 pounds of water weight in 4 days. So I had to rethink my strategy with product as I didn't want to find out what the scale would read another 4 days from now. So at this point, I scaled back to one scoop preworkout. My weight came back down to 233 after another 4 days at one scoop. In the end I was up about 2 pounds only.

Also, just to note, I didn't increase my water or beverage intake, or change my diet whatsoever, everything was as close to the same as possible.

Physical Effects:

The product worked as a creatine monohydrate product should, some strength gains, but most noticeable endurance. I felt like I could train for hours on end, even with the one scoop. During the tub run, I was craving more weight on my lifts. I would say as opposed to no creatine, I probably increased most of my lifts by about 5% from the start of the tub, to the end of the tub.

The strength gains were positive, but the endurance aspect was tremendous for me. Normally, at the end of a workout, I am spent, nothing left in the tank and I am stumbling out of the gym. With podium gold I was craving more lifting and had so much in the tank. Also, I noticed my recovery post workout was increased, as I didn't feel that afternoon crash at work from training in the am, or the need to take a nap after dinner. I had more energy period. Huge props here, as I don't remember any prior creatine product having this much of a positive endurance effect on me.

The powder version costs $43.99 for 60 servings. If your needing just one scoop (under 200lbs) a day, that's 60 days of product at 73 cents per day, that's really good value. For those over 200lbs, double that cost at 30 days servings, not the best value.

Side Effects

7lbs of water weight gain in just 4 days of use, at 2 scoops per day was just too much for me. Bloating, a sense of heaviness in my muscles.

At 1 scoop I didn't experience any side effects.

Conclusion

An interesting experience to say the least. I was curious how much water weight I would have gained if I continued at 2 scoops. Absolutely loved the endurance aspect of this product.

Personally, I will stick to my Kre-Alkalyn, however, if you are a hard gainer, I feel this product has your name all over it.

Thanks to Strike First Nutrition for sending it out!
  May 3, 2017

Pros:
 Cons:
  • Increased Hydration
  • Not Consistent In Reducing Doms
Introduction:

Thank you to the SR Troops program and StrikeFirst Nutrition to try their Sustainall BCAA product. BCAA's are a staple product for me, which I always consume intra workout and once a day on rest days. Some BCAA products I can literally feel working, whether it's an decrease in recovery time or a decrease in muscle soreness. For the one's that I do not noticeably feel, I hope they have some underlying benefit to them.

I have been fine with the standard 2:1:1 ratio, however, lately I am noticing more physical effects when the Leucine dosage is at a higher ratio.

Also, I want...
Introduction:

Also, I want a BCAA product that tastes decent, there is nothing worse than busting your butt in the gym and drinking something that tastes horrible

Why I picked this product:

BCAA's are a staple for me and I wanted to try a new brand of BCAA just to mix it up and add to my go to BCAA products.

There's two prop blends in this product. I am on the other side of the coin when it comes to prop blends, as I see no issue with companies protecting their product recipe.

There's 9 grams of the Lean Building & Recovery Blend:

10:1:1 ratio of L-leucine, L-Isoleucine, L-Valine) with L-glutamine

Vitamin & Mineral-Electrolyte & Balance Blend 752 mg:

B12, D, C, Magnesium, Sodium, Potassium, B6

A little more than what can be found in a standard 2:1:1 BCAA product.

Taste 8/10:

The taste was pretty good. I had the tropical berry flavor. I wouldn't say it tasted like Kool Aid though, it was definitely a tropical berry flavor which wasn't too sweet and was quite enjoyable.

Mixability 8/10:

No issues here when consumed in a shaker. No issues with floaters or residue, it seemed the product fully dissolved.

Dosing:

I mixed one scoop with 24 ounces of water in a shaker and consumed during my workouts, on workout days and once a day on rest days.

Effectiveness 6/10:

The product didn't blow me away, however, there were some noticeable positive effects that I would like to point out.

Hydration 9/10:

While consuming this product, I didn't feel the need to drink what I would normally consume during the day, in terms of powerade zero, water, tea etc. I just felt more hydrated, which was a plus. As compared to other BCAA products, this rated very highly in this category for me, based on my experience.

Muscle Soreness 5/10:

Hit or miss here for me. There was a few leg days where I felt the product had noticeable reduced muscle soreness and a few leg days where I was sore as hell. In general, for 30 days of consumption, muscle soreness reduction varied, about 50/50 in all. I am not sure if this was a result of the BCAA's, sodium, potassium, L-glutamine or the higher ration of L-Leucine.

The product wasn't consistent enough for me in the reduction of muscle soreness category to say this was a solid product.

Recovery 3/10:

I cannot say that I noticed any recovery benefits from this product at all. Each day on the product seemed the same, no increase in endurance while training or increased recovery on a rest day.

Value 5/10:

As of this review, the product is only available on the Strike First Nutrition website at $49.99 a tub. That's $1.66 per serving, which is a bit steep for me to consider, based on the above experience. Thinking the price will drop once it becomes more widely available on other online retailer sites. There are additional ingredients in the product, but not nearly enough to say this is even good value.

Conclusion 6/10:

A decent BCAA, definitely not bad or the worst. A middle of the road product that had one area which shined for me. Hydration was the high point for me, recovery and reduction of muscle soreness were some hit, and miss respectively. The price is very high for what I didn't experience and I'm pretty sure I wouldn't consider buying at $49.99 a pop. Hoping the price comes down.

(SR paid for product; Primeval Labs did not participate)
  April 19, 2017

Pros:
 Cons:
  • None
  • Excessive Bathroom Trips
  • No Fat Loss
  • No Weight Loss
Introduction:

Thank you to the SR Troops program for the opportunity to try Pyretic by Primeval Labs. This is my second product I have tried from Primeval Labs. This is the replacement product for Super Cardarine, a prior non-stim fat loss product that had many positive reviews throughout the internet.

Why I selected this product:

I have limited experience with fat burners, but as I get older, I am finding it more challenging to keep fat lower and am interested in any product that can assist me.

Ingredient Profile:

There's 7 ingredients in this product, each having some "fat loss" e...

Ingredient Profile:

There's 7 ingredients in this product, each having some "fat loss" effect in theory or scientifically.
C3G or Cyanidin 3-Glucoside is the main fat loss promoter in this product. It's a recomposition ingredient that is found in the skins of dark purple fruits, corn grains and black berries to name a few

The ingredient is suppose to drive nutrients one gets from food (fats and carbs), away from fat storage and sends them to your muscles. There's 125 mg of this ingredient in each serving.

The other ingredients that are geared toward fat loss are in the ingredient label picture below.

Based on Jerry Ward's youtube video, these ingredients are synergistically suppose to hit different pathways to reduce fat. He labeled it as Super Cardarine's replacement.

Taste N/A:

The product comes in capsule form and has no taste. Directions are to swallow the capsules, not break them open.

Mixability N/A:

Product is in capsule form, thus no mixing is required.

Dosing:

Pretty straightforward 2 capsules, once in the AM and 2 capsules once in the PM, that's it. 60 capsules in the bottle, 4 per day, will last you 15 days.

Effectiveness 2/10:

I kept my diet the same, water intake the same and added no additional cardio. I wanted the product to work for me. I'm sure people will differ, but based on the marketing of the product, I should see results based on the above.
I rated this a 2, mainly because the product did have an effect on me and I will dive right into it. Then I will delve into the effects that I did not notice or experience.

First off, a little about my bathroom history. I am very regular with poops, once a day first thing in the morning, I have been like this for 5 plus years. When I have introduced new supplements that have had an effect on this, its noticeable.
From day one of taking this product, my bathroom trips increased from 2 per day to 4 per day. One upon waking, then another about an hour of ingesting the first AM dose. Then in the PM, one about an hour after the 2nd dose and another about several hours later. The 4 per day was occurring the final week of the product.

Needless to say this was rather irritating and my toilet paper reserves were depleted quickly. There was nothing different about the poops or unusual. They seemed regular.

Now what I didn't experience:

My weight was within .2 pounds over the course of this bottle. So no huge weight loss. I checked the mirror often and experienced no leaning out. There was no increased desire to do cardio.
All in all zero noticeable fat loss or weight loss effects.

Value 2/10:

As of this review, A1 supplements has the product as a bogo at 49.99. That will last you 1 month, which is great, if the product worked.

Side Effects:

Please refer to the effectiveness section above for all the details.

Conclusion:

Pyretic was a total bust for me, with a side effect that was rather irritating. The 15 days on this product had me rather drained physically as a result. Maybe something internally was going on, however, it did not translate to any noticeable effects physically, not even weight wise.

Overall
Thanks to Crusader Supplements for sending it out!
  April 17, 2017

Pros:
 Cons:
  • Fully Disclosed Label
  • Quality Ingredients
  • No Pumps
  • Underdosed Pump Ingredients
Introduction:

Thank you to the SR Troops program and the folks at Crusader Supplements, for the opportunity to try their pre-workout Calvary.

Why I selected this product:

Pre-workouts are a staple for me, as I train 4-5 days per week just before 5am. As an aging 42 year old male, I require that extra energy to get me going for a workout.

At 2 servings Calvary was at 300mg of caffeine, just a tad higher than I like to go at 275mg for a pre-workout. Plus it had several forms of creatine, and citrulline malate.

Ingredient Profile:

This isn't a requirement for me, but the product has a ...

Ingredient Profile:

This isn't a requirement for me, but the product has a fully disclosed profile. I am ok with companies protecting their formulas. Going to discuss some of the main ingredients that are important to me.

L-Citruline- under dosed her for me at 3.25 grams- I have had no benefit with less than 6 grams

3 forms of creatine- I guess the goal here is to mix the creatine via various forms, for results

Agmatine Sulfate 750mg- I am good to go with 1.5 grams, slightly under dosed for me

Taste 7/10:

The product is sold in one flavor at this time, which is Black Ice, a berry and pomegranate flavor. It was a decent flavor, not the best. No dyes which is a plus. I found the flavor itself a little tart.

Mixability 9/10:

I started out taking 1.5 scoops, mixed on 10 ounces of water, 2 ounces less than the directions suggested, which was stirred in a glass with a spoon. I had no issues with mixing, floaters, clumping or residue of any kind.

Dosing:

Pretty straightforward here, I started out with 1.5 scoops 30 min before my workout, on an empty stomach. I gradually worked up to 2 scoops after several weeks.

Packaging:

I would agree with another reviewer here, this product was packed to the gills in this tub. The first week was a challenge, as not to spill out any product all over the counter. And I found myself wiping product back into the container several times. Also, I has to insert the scooper, handle in for the first week of use, which was rather annoying

Effectiveness 7.5/10:

Cavalry was a pretty effective pre-workout for me. Stim junkies will not be fond of the product, so I think its geared toward the mid-tier stim user. Starting out at 1.5 scoops was effective, and after a few weeks at this dosage, I was inclined to go to a full 2 scoops. I did develop a tolerance to the product.

Energy was probably a 7.5/10:

I found this satisfied my pre 5am energy needs to get through my workout. The product did not increase my sweating, but provided a nice jolt to power through my workout.

Focus was a 7.5/10 as well, nothing mind blowing. The product did the job in this area. Slight tunnel vision that made me concentrate on the task at hand, as opposed to taking nothing.

Pumps 4/10:

The pumps were just normal as if I didn't take anything. I feel the under dosing of agmatine sulfate and citrulline malate caused this for me. The ingredient label is marketed as an energy, strength and pump product based on the ingredients. I feel the lack of a noticeable pump is a negative here, however, I am not going to harp on it, as I am on the heavier side and the energy/focus delivered for me.

Strength 3/10:

With the blend of 3 different creatines, I noticed no added strength gains or water retention.

Value 5/10:

As of this review, the products are only found on Crusader's website, because it's a relatively new company. Totally understandable, until they can get into the online community of stores.
The product is listed for $59.99, but a 20% coupon code exists for first time orders. This knocks it down to just under $48. Tough to penalize a new company trying to get their product out there to the masses.
If 1.5 scoops are effective for you, that provides some value for you.

Side Effects:
I experienced no side effects for the duration of this product

Conclusion:

Cavalry was an effective product for me in the energy and focus department. I like to see new companies succeed in a cut throat market, and I wish Crusader the best. I would suggest to add higher dosages to your pump ingredients for noticeable results. Your existing pump ingredients are simply under dosed. I am looking forward to any new products that come out in the future.

Thanks to Ripped Labs for sending it out!
  March 24, 2017

Pros:
 Cons:
  • Effective At 2 Servings
  • Some Underdosed Ingredients
  • Ineffective At 1 Serving
Introduction:

First off, thank you to the SR Troops program and the folks at Ripped Labs for the opportunity to try their Multi Muscle product. I have tried various types of vitamins over the years from powders, capsules, caplets etc. This was my first experience with a concentrated liquid form of vitamin. Vitamins are a daily staple for me.

Why I chose this product:
I have never tried a concentrated multi-vitamin in liquid form. Also, there are some claims by Ripped Labs, that liquid supplements achieve a 98% absorption level (Physician's Desk Reference) as opposed to pills only achieving a 10-20% absorption rate (Physician's Desk Reference).

Ingredients:

This product has several dozen ingredients in it ranging from A to Z. I am not going to get into every one, will just provide a recap of the key aspects.
Fulvic Acid is a promoted ingredient by the company which is suppose to make the ingredients more bioavailable in terms of absorption.

Main profiles of ingredients:

Pure Focus/Anti-Mental Fatigue
Anabolic Nutrient Optimizer
Frame Density/Skeletal Concentration Catalyst
Waste Removal and Liver Detox

There's a lot jammed into this product and just because you have 750mg of Citruline in it, doesn't result in any effectiveness just because it's present. So I'm not sure several of the profile groups above, have any effect whatsoever because of the severely under dosed ingredients.

Taste-2 types of ingesting

Straight up liquid 1/10:

Ok, the product is "Citrus" flavored and I will use that flavor loosely. It doesn't taste anything like Citrus and I'm sure to have all those ingredients in there, the product was doomed as far as taste goes. As is the liquid is downright gross and I really had to work my way up to taking it this way. Thankfully, I only took the product for 3 days straight up and went with the other choice, mentioned on the label.

Mixed with juice or powerade zero 6/10:

This was my preferred way to take the product. The "Citrus" flavor was minimized and the overall experience of ingesting the product was more appealing to me this way.

Mixability:

N/A- For the days I took the product, other than shaking the bottle as directed, there was no mixability issues apparent

9/10- mixing the product with powerade zero or juice with a spoon, provided no challenges

Dosing:

I mixed it up here. For about half the bottle I took 1 capful before my work out on an empty stomach
For the remainder of the bottle I took 1 capful pre-workout and another sometimes after my workout, or later in the day.

1 capful (2 table spoons) per day 4.5/10:
With one capful per day, I honestly felt no positive physical effect from the product, based on the labels claims Energy-Strength-Recovery. I felt none of these via one capful.

2 capfuls (4 table spoons total) 8/10:

Now with two capfuls per day, based on the above dosing, I did in fact feel an energy shot, and a sense of increased well-being. This occurred after taking the second capful, either post workout or later in the day. It was very noticeable and welcomed.

Value 4/10:

As of this review, the product is selling for $39.95 for 1 bottle. That is 1.33 per serving (2 table spoons or 1 capful). Which maybe it had some underlying positive benefit, but no strength, recovery or energy aspects for me at this dosage.

At 2 capfuls, which I experienced the positive benefits stated above, would be rather pricy and doubling the per serving intake to $2.33 per day.

Side Effects:

Be prepared for the taste of this product, its rough

Conclusion 4.5/10:

2 capfuls was the sweet spot for me, but at what cost? I am not paying $80 for a multi-vitamin at two servings per day, when I have tried lower cost multi's that were as effective and noticeable physically. I have a hard time buying the absorption pitch they are selling with this product, as I felt no noticeable physical benefit from taking this liquid multi-vitamin.

March 19, 2017

Pros:
 Cons:
  • Increased Mood And Focus
  • Taste
  • Very Good Value
  • Similar To The Paks
    Introduction:

Multi-Vitamins are a staple for me. I do not go a day without one. Whether its a single caplet/capsule/powder/liquid/pack etc., I'm downing one daily. Some I can feel working, in terms of better overall mood, energy, focus etc. Others I do not, however, hopefully those have an underlying benefit to my overall health.

Animal Pak has been around for 30 plus years. It's a well recognized brand and one of the first multi packs I tried way back when. My experience with this pak is extensive via the 44 pak container tub. I probably have gone through a dozen or so in my lifetime. ...
    Introduction:

This is my first try of the Animal Pak in powder form.

Ingredient Profile:

Ok, lots to list here, so for your reading pleasure, I included a basic spreadsheet comparing the Animal Pak vs Animal Powder ingredients, I think I got all of them via copy and paste from labels listed on bb.com (my disclosure reference of information).

Please note Animal Pak Powder Ingredients are on the LEFT. Animal Pak on the RIGHT-I had to make my spreadsheet a JPEG to upload

I think my v-lookups were good to go, however, I will not say that I made any mistakes in copying and pasting.

Animal Pak Powder is broken down into 5 categories:

Vitamin Complex
    Amino Acid Complex
    Performance Complex
    Antioxidant Complex
    Digestive Enzyme Complex

Quick Summary of the differences, these ingredients are NOT in Animal Pak Powder(refer to spreadsheet picture):

B6
    Uni-Liver Complex
    Oriental Ginseng

Included in Animal Pak Powder NOT in Animal Pak:

Uni-Pro Blend- whey isolate-yes there's about 3 grams of whey isolate in this product, not much but an added ingredient

Other than the above which they removed most of the liver complex and was replaced with a Protein complex, there are a several ingredients that vary in dosage. Please refer to spreadsheet below.

Taste 8/10:

I purchased the orange flavor and if you don't like swallowing 11 pills/caplets, this if for you. The flavor was strong but quite good. I enjoyed it as it had an orangey tangy taste to it.

Mixability 8/10:

I would strongly suggest you mix the product in a shaker cup, not a glass. Found that stirring with a spoon gave me a lot of product on the sides of the glass, which I had to continually add water and capture the residue.

The shaker is your best bet here as if any is on the sides just shake it up and your good to go. Very little if any residue remaining.

Dosing:

I took 2 scoops in 12 ounces of water, in a shaker was the preferred method. Drank it on the way to work on an empty stomach. Please note, the directions say to have it with a meal. I had no side effects and felt absorption would be immediate, hence I ran with the above.

I didn't split the scoops up and maybe I could have messed with that dosing based on the below effectiveness.

Effectiveness 8.5/10:

The effects were similar to the original, regardless that the ginseng was not present in this product. Within 15-20 minutes of finishing the product, I felt more alert, my mood was increased and seemed to have more energy as opposed to other multi's I have had in the past. These positive effects lasted a good 4 hours.

Now when I would use the paks, I would split them up and the above positive effects lasted throughout the day or at least 8 hours. I didn't even think of splitting the scoops up here

My value based on purchase 10/10:

Ok, I bought this off of the daily deal site Pharma Soup and the price was $8.99, it doesn't get better than that. The only downside is I was limited to one. Whoever posted that Pharma Soup site, I love you bro !!!!

Real Value 8/10:

A1 Supplements has this for $26.98 as of this review. That's $1.22 a serving (2 scoops) for 22 days. based on the above, that's solid value.

Side Effects:

I experienced no side effects with this product

Conclusion 8.5/10:

I loved this product hand downs. The variances between the two Animal Paks vs Powder were minimal for me at best, yet the results were the same. This is one of the best vitamin powders out there, if you are in the market. I am definitely buying this again based on the above results.

Most likely I will split up the scoops to one in the morning, one in the afternoon.