Frankiemusc

SR TROOPer

• Member has been active for 7 years, and was last online today
  • Social media account not linked

TROPHY CASE

Reviews by Frankiemusc

(SR paid for product; Primeval Labs did not participate)
Introduction:

Thank you to the SR Troops program for the opportunity to try Pyretic by Primeval Labs. This is my second product I have tried from Primeval Labs. This is the replacement product for Super Cardarine, a prior non-stim fat loss product that had many positive reviews throughout the internet.

Why I selected this product:

I have limited experience with fat burners, but as I get older, I am finding it more challenging to keep fat lower and am interested in any product that can assist me.

Ingredient Profile:

There's 7 ingredients in this product, each having some "fat loss" e...

Ingredient Profile:

There's 7 ingredients in this product, each having some "fat loss" effect in theory or scientifically.
C3G or Cyanidin 3-Glucoside is the main fat loss promoter in this product. It's a recomposition ingredient that is found in the skins of dark purple fruits, corn grains and black berries to name a few

The ingredient is suppose to drive nutrients one gets from food (fats and carbs), away from fat storage and sends them to your muscles. There's 125 mg of this ingredient in each serving.

The other ingredients that are geared toward fat loss are in the ingredient label picture below.

Based on Jerry Ward's youtube video, these ingredients are synergistically suppose to hit different pathways to reduce fat. He labeled it as Super Cardarine's replacement.

Taste N/A:

The product comes in capsule form and has no taste. Directions are to swallow the capsules, not break them open.

Mixability N/A:

Product is in capsule form, thus no mixing is required.

Dosing:

Pretty straightforward 2 capsules, once in the AM and 2 capsules once in the PM, that's it. 60 capsules in the bottle, 4 per day, will last you 15 days.

Effectiveness 2/10:

I kept my diet the same, water intake the same and added no additional cardio. I wanted the product to work for me. I'm sure people will differ, but based on the marketing of the product, I should see results based on the above.
I rated this a 2, mainly because the product did have an effect on me and I will dive right into it. Then I will delve into the effects that I did not notice or experience.

First off, a little about my bathroom history. I am very regular with poops, once a day first thing in the morning, I have been like this for 5 plus years. When I have introduced new supplements that have had an effect on this, its noticeable.
From day one of taking this product, my bathroom trips increased from 2 per day to 4 per day. One upon waking, then another about an hour of ingesting the first AM dose. Then in the PM, one about an hour after the 2nd dose and another about several hours later. The 4 per day was occurring the final week of the product.

Needless to say this was rather irritating and my toilet paper reserves were depleted quickly. There was nothing different about the poops or unusual. They seemed regular.

Now what I didn't experience:

My weight was within .2 pounds over the course of this bottle. So no huge weight loss. I checked the mirror often and experienced no leaning out. There was no increased desire to do cardio.
All in all zero noticeable fat loss or weight loss effects.

Value 2/10:

As of this review, A1 supplements has the product as a bogo at 49.99. That will last you 1 month, which is great, if the product worked.

Side Effects:

Please refer to the effectiveness section above for all the details.

Conclusion:

Pyretic was a total bust for me, with a side effect that was rather irritating. The 15 days on this product had me rather drained physically as a result. Maybe something internally was going on, however, it did not translate to any noticeable effects physically, not even weight wise.
 Pros:
 Cons:
  • None
  • Excessive Bathroom Trips
  • No Fat Loss
  • No Weight Loss

(Thanks to Crusader Supplements for sending it out!)
Introduction:

Thank you to the SR Troops program and the folks at Crusader Supplements, for the opportunity to try their pre-workout Calvary.

Why I selected this product:

Pre-workouts are a staple for me, as I train 4-5 days per week just before 5am. As an aging 42 year old male, I require that extra energy to get me going for a workout.

At 2 servings Calvary was at 300mg of caffeine, just a tad higher than I like to go at 275mg for a pre-workout. Plus it had several forms of creatine, and citrulline malate.

Ingredient Profile:

This isn't a requirement for me, but the product has a ...

Ingredient Profile:

This isn't a requirement for me, but the product has a fully disclosed profile. I am ok with companies protecting their formulas. Going to discuss some of the main ingredients that are important to me.

L-Citruline- under dosed her for me at 3.25 grams- I have had no benefit with less than 6 grams

3 forms of creatine- I guess the goal here is to mix the creatine via various forms, for results

Agmatine Sulfate 750mg- I am good to go with 1.5 grams, slightly under dosed for me

Taste 7/10:

The product is sold in one flavor at this time, which is Black Ice, a berry and pomegranate flavor. It was a decent flavor, not the best. No dyes which is a plus. I found the flavor itself a little tart.

Mixability 9/10:

I started out taking 1.5 scoops, mixed on 10 ounces of water, 2 ounces less than the directions suggested, which was stirred in a glass with a spoon. I had no issues with mixing, floaters, clumping or residue of any kind.

Dosing:

Pretty straightforward here, I started out with 1.5 scoops 30 min before my workout, on an empty stomach. I gradually worked up to 2 scoops after several weeks.

Packaging:

I would agree with another reviewer here, this product was packed to the gills in this tub. The first week was a challenge, as not to spill out any product all over the counter. And I found myself wiping product back into the container several times. Also, I has to insert the scooper, handle in for the first week of use, which was rather annoying

Effectiveness 7.5/10:

Cavalry was a pretty effective pre-workout for me. Stim junkies will not be fond of the product, so I think its geared toward the mid-tier stim user. Starting out at 1.5 scoops was effective, and after a few weeks at this dosage, I was inclined to go to a full 2 scoops. I did develop a tolerance to the product.

Energy was probably a 7.5/10:

I found this satisfied my pre 5am energy needs to get through my workout. The product did not increase my sweating, but provided a nice jolt to power through my workout.

Focus was a 7.5/10 as well, nothing mind blowing. The product did the job in this area. Slight tunnel vision that made me concentrate on the task at hand, as opposed to taking nothing.

Pumps 4/10:

The pumps were just normal as if I didn't take anything. I feel the under dosing of agmatine sulfate and citrulline malate caused this for me. The ingredient label is marketed as an energy, strength and pump product based on the ingredients. I feel the lack of a noticeable pump is a negative here, however, I am not going to harp on it, as I am on the heavier side and the energy/focus delivered for me.

Strength 3/10:

With the blend of 3 different creatines, I noticed no added strength gains or water retention.

Value 5/10:

As of this review, the products are only found on Crusader's website, because it's a relatively new company. Totally understandable, until they can get into the online community of stores.
The product is listed for $59.99, but a 20% coupon code exists for first time orders. This knocks it down to just under $48. Tough to penalize a new company trying to get their product out there to the masses.
If 1.5 scoops are effective for you, that provides some value for you.

Side Effects:
I experienced no side effects for the duration of this product

Conclusion:

Cavalry was an effective product for me in the energy and focus department. I like to see new companies succeed in a cut throat market, and I wish Crusader the best. I would suggest to add higher dosages to your pump ingredients for noticeable results. Your existing pump ingredients are simply under dosed. I am looking forward to any new products that come out in the future.
 Pros:
 Cons:
  • Fully Disclosed Label
  • Quality Ingredients
  • No Pumps
  • Underdosed Pump Ingredients

(Thanks to Ripped Labs for sending it out!)
Introduction:

First off, thank you to the SR Troops program and the folks at Ripped Labs for the opportunity to try their Multi Muscle product. I have tried various types of vitamins over the years from powders, capsules, caplets etc. This was my first experience with a concentrated liquid form of vitamin. Vitamins are a daily staple for me.

Why I chose this product:

Why I chose this product:
I have never tried a concentrated multi-vitamin in liquid form. Also, there are some claims by Ripped Labs, that liquid supplements achieve a 98% absorption level (Physician's Desk Reference) as opposed to pills only achieving a 10-20% absorption rate (Physician's Desk Reference).

Ingredients:

This product has several dozen ingredients in it ranging from A to Z. I am not going to get into every one, will just provide a recap of the key aspects.
Fulvic Acid is a promoted ingredient by the company which is suppose to make the ingredients more bioavailable in terms of absorption.

Main profiles of ingredients:

Pure Focus/Anti-Mental Fatigue
Anabolic Nutrient Optimizer
Frame Density/Skeletal Concentration Catalyst
Waste Removal and Liver Detox

There's a lot jammed into this product and just because you have 750mg of Citruline in it, doesn't result in any effectiveness just because it's present. So I'm not sure several of the profile groups above, have any effect whatsoever because of the severely under dosed ingredients.

Taste-2 types of ingesting

Straight up liquid 1/10:

Ok, the product is "Citrus" flavored and I will use that flavor loosely. It doesn't taste anything like Citrus and I'm sure to have all those ingredients in there, the product was doomed as far as taste goes. As is the liquid is downright gross and I really had to work my way up to taking it this way. Thankfully, I only took the product for 3 days straight up and went with the other choice, mentioned on the label.

Mixed with juice or powerade zero 6/10:

This was my preferred way to take the product. The "Citrus" flavor was minimized and the overall experience of ingesting the product was more appealing to me this way.

Mixability:

N/A- For the days I took the product, other than shaking the bottle as directed, there was no mixability issues apparent

9/10- mixing the product with powerade zero or juice with a spoon, provided no challenges

Dosing:

I mixed it up here. For about half the bottle I took 1 capful before my work out on an empty stomach
For the remainder of the bottle I took 1 capful pre-workout and another sometimes after my workout, or later in the day.

1 capful (2 table spoons) per day 4.5/10:
With one capful per day, I honestly felt no positive physical effect from the product, based on the labels claims Energy-Strength-Recovery. I felt none of these via one capful.

2 capfuls (4 table spoons total) 8/10:

Now with two capfuls per day, based on the above dosing, I did in fact feel an energy shot, and a sense of increased well-being. This occurred after taking the second capful, either post workout or later in the day. It was very noticeable and welcomed.

Value 4/10:

As of this review, the product is selling for $39.95 for 1 bottle. That is 1.33 per serving (2 table spoons or 1 capful). Which maybe it had some underlying positive benefit, but no strength, recovery or energy aspects for me at this dosage.

At 2 capfuls, which I experienced the positive benefits stated above, would be rather pricy and doubling the per serving intake to $2.33 per day.

Side Effects:

Be prepared for the taste of this product, its rough

Conclusion 4.5/10:

2 capfuls was the sweet spot for me, but at what cost? I am not paying $80 for a multi-vitamin at two servings per day, when I have tried lower cost multi's that were as effective and noticeable physically. I have a hard time buying the absorption pitch they are selling with this product, as I felt no noticeable physical benefit from taking this liquid multi-vitamin.
 Pros:
 Cons:
  • Effective At 2 Servings
  • Some Underdosed Ingredients
  • Ineffective At 1 Serving

Introduction:

Multi-Vitamins are a staple for me. I do not go a day without one. Whether its a single caplet/capsule/powder/liquid/pack etc., I'm downing one daily. Some I can feel working, in terms of better overall mood, energy, focus etc. Others I do not, however, hopefully those have an underlying benefit to my overall health.

Animal Pak has been around for 30 plus years. It's a well recognized brand and one of the first multi packs I tried way back when. My experience with this pak is extensive via the 44 pak container tub. I probably have gone through a dozen or so in my lifetime. ...
Introduction:

This is my first try of the Animal Pak in powder form.

Ingredient Profile:

Ok, lots to list here, so for your reading pleasure, I included a basic spreadsheet comparing the Animal Pak vs Animal Powder ingredients, I think I got all of them via copy and paste from labels listed on bb.com (my disclosure reference of information).

Please note Animal Pak Powder Ingredients are on the LEFT. Animal Pak on the RIGHT-I had to make my spreadsheet a JPEG to upload

I think my v-lookups were good to go, however, I will not say that I made any mistakes in copying and pasting.

Animal Pak Powder is broken down into 5 categories:

Vitamin Complex
Amino Acid Complex
Performance Complex
Antioxidant Complex
Digestive Enzyme Complex

Quick Summary of the differences, these ingredients are NOT in Animal Pak Powder(refer to spreadsheet picture):

B6
Uni-Liver Complex
Oriental Ginseng

Included in Animal Pak Powder NOT in Animal Pak:

Uni-Pro Blend- whey isolate-yes there's about 3 grams of whey isolate in this product, not much but an added ingredient

Other than the above which they removed most of the liver complex and was replaced with a Protein complex, there are a several ingredients that vary in dosage. Please refer to spreadsheet below.

Taste 8/10:

I purchased the orange flavor and if you don't like swallowing 11 pills/caplets, this if for you. The flavor was strong but quite good. I enjoyed it as it had an orangey tangy taste to it.

Mixability 8/10:

I would strongly suggest you mix the product in a shaker cup, not a glass. Found that stirring with a spoon gave me a lot of product on the sides of the glass, which I had to continually add water and capture the residue.

The shaker is your best bet here as if any is on the sides just shake it up and your good to go. Very little if any residue remaining.

Dosing:

I took 2 scoops in 12 ounces of water, in a shaker was the preferred method. Drank it on the way to work on an empty stomach. Please note, the directions say to have it with a meal. I had no side effects and felt absorption would be immediate, hence I ran with the above.

I didn't split the scoops up and maybe I could have messed with that dosing based on the below effectiveness.

Effectiveness 8.5/10:

The effects were similar to the original, regardless that the ginseng was not present in this product. Within 15-20 minutes of finishing the product, I felt more alert, my mood was increased and seemed to have more energy as opposed to other multi's I have had in the past. These positive effects lasted a good 4 hours.

Now when I would use the paks, I would split them up and the above positive effects lasted throughout the day or at least 8 hours. I didn't even think of splitting the scoops up here

My value based on purchase 10/10:

Ok, I bought this off of the daily deal site Pharma Soup and the price was $8.99, it doesn't get better than that. The only downside is I was limited to one. Whoever posted that Pharma Soup site, I love you bro !!!!

Real Value 8/10:

A1 Supplements has this for $26.98 as of this review. That's $1.22 a serving (2 scoops) for 22 days. based on the above, that's solid value.

Side Effects:

I experienced no side effects with this product

Conclusion 8.5/10:

I loved this product hand downs. The variances between the two Animal Paks vs Powder were minimal for me at best, yet the results were the same. This is one of the best vitamin powders out there, if you are in the market. I am definitely buying this again based on the above results.

Most likely I will split up the scoops to one in the morning, one in the afternoon.
 Pros:
 Cons:
  • Increased Mood And Focus
  • Taste
  • Very Good Value
  • Similar To The Paks

Introduction:

Who doesn't like pancakes!!!

Personally, I eat pancakes at least once a week and have about 3 go to product brands that I enjoy (Krusteaz, TendABake Maple Burst and the basic Bisquik). I have read the pancake recipes, which you add a scoop of whey here and a scoop of whey there. But with this product you get 14 grams of protein per serving, pretty good and much more than the average pancake mix only, which will give you 3-4 grams of protein per serving.

Introduction:

Who doesn't like pancakes!!!

The owners of the product were actually on Shark Tank. Also, thank you to Tommy (admin) for adding this product based on a forum post of mine.

This review is for the Dark Chocolate Protein Packed Mix Only

Ingredient Profile:

Please note, there's several different products for the pancake/waffle mix line. In turn the ingredients are different, as well as the protein content/sources. For example, if you get the peanut crunch flavor, a protein is peanut flour, so they vary product to product. Plus, they make regular pancake mix that has 7 grams of protein.

Label Picture Below......

3 types of protein
    Wheat (yes Wheat) Protein Isolate
    Whey Protein Concentrate
    Whey Protein Milk Isolate

Now clearly the interest here is these are high in protein.

Taste:

I made the product two different ways. Pancakes and Muffins.

Pancakes taste: 4/10 -this is with water only

My expectations were very high here, very high based on what I have read online. Clearly, anything will taste better with some type of syrup. This is for tasting the pancake only, no syrup.

These were not even average at best in terms of taste. Dry texture and the dark chocolate flavor was not strong at all. I don't understand all the rave reviews with taste. Bisquik pancakes are better and if I throw in 1/2 scoop of whey protein, I am golden.

Muffins: 7/10- I believe one egg was added here, with some milk

The muffins has more of a dark chocolate flavor. They came out moist, noticeably than the pancakes.

Mixability: 8/10

These mixed very well and poured a thickish pancake. The dark chocolate mix had small dark chocolate chips, which I got excited about, because I am thinking flavorful !!! But that fell well short.

Now you can add eggs and milk to the batter, but for the pancakes I did not.

Dosing: 1/10

Ok, the rating is extremely low here, because the label states about 10 servings (1/2 cup) or 5 cups.....now measuring is pretty straight forward and after keeping track, I barely got 4 cups out of this product or 8 servings. That's very disappointing.

Tough to gauge here. The product makes a high protein pancake or muffins, in my experience. I had zero digestive issues with the product and 14 grams of protein for a pancake, is pretty cool. Didn't have to add any whey protein to it etc.

I bought these at Target for I believe 4.99. Now I only got 4 cups, which equates to $1.24 per cup based on one box. My expectations were super high for this product, but due to the less than average taste, I can't give this a good value.

Side Effects:

No side effects experienced

Conclusion: 5/10

I had the highest expectations for this product, in terms of taste and it basically fell flat for me. Greatly disappointed and not happy that I got less than advertised with the servings. The reason I tried the product, was to find a versatile pancake mix, which I didn't have to add a scoop of whey protein too.

Probably will not be buying the product again and will stick to my go to's above and add my old trusty whey protein for a protein boost.
     Pros:
     Cons:
    • High Protein
    • Taste
    • Servings Not As Advertised

Introduction:

As a morning lifter and a 40+ year old male, I require that pre-workout boost to get going. Some days a 12 ounce coffee does the trick, other days I need more. Pre-workouts are a weekly staple for me supplement wise. Over the years, I have tried dozens of pre-workout supplements from various brands. Yes I have my go to pwo's and I have tried one and done brands/products as well.

Disclosure- I am by no means stim tolerant. In fact I am good to go with 200-250 mg of caffeine or 340 mg of caffeine malate, which to me is more clean energy (equal to 238 mg of caffeine).

Prior t...
    Introduction:

Prior to starting this product I was having some coffee 6-10 ounces pwo for about 3 weeks.

Product Claims:

-Dialed in Focus
    -Explosive Energy
    -Ultra-Powerful Pumps
    -Experience The Ultimate Mind-Muscle Connection

Ingredient Profile:

Going to focus on just a few ingredients here from the label because they are the main ingredients that would drive the pump, focus and energy, based on the dosage amounts. The below is based at 2 scoops:

Pump-L-Citruline 6 grams
    Energy-320 grams Caffeine (Caffeine Anhydrous and Dicaffeine malate-Infinergy)*not sure what the % is here

Caffeine Malate is about 70% the strength of caffeine Anhydrous. In my opinion I feel that's the problem here, which I will explain in detail below.

They have other focus ingredients in here as well

Taste: 7.5/10

I bought the raspberry lemonade flavor. It was good, not the best tasting pre-workout I have had to date. Honestly, I rather chug down 6 ounces of garbage tasting product that works, as opposed to a great tasting pwo that doesn't do jack.

The taste was more on the tart side, not necessarily a bad thing. It did taste like raspberry/lemonade.

Mixability: 8/10

No mixing issues here. I mixed up to 2 scoops in 8 ounces of water, it dissolved well, with minimal to no residue at the bottom of the glass.

Dosing: 5/10

I rated the dosing here low, due to the ineffectiveness. Although the label states do not exceed 2 scoops per day, I personally think that may be incorrect, especially due to the caffeine blend above.

Started out with 1 scoop and quickly went to 2 scoops within days

Now I am rating this a 5/10 because I cannot say the product was a total flop, albeit it was not as promised per the label.

Pump: 8/10

Pumps were very good with this product. Excellent secondary pumps in less involved muscles. It was a nice dense and vascular pump. I cannot complain about this aspect of the product. The pump was very noticeable.

Energy + Focus: 1/10

Total flop for me here. I noticed zero difference in taking 2 scoops as opposed to taking nothing, not even coffee. I noticed none of the above product claims when it came to energy and focus.

I would like to know the % breakdown of the caffeine anhydrous vs di-caffeine malate. Even if it were 50/50, me being not a stim tolerant person, this dosage should have been effective for me and unfortunately it was not.

Tough to give a higher rating here when only the pump aspect worked, based PES's label claims. I bought this via a deal from PES and received their Amino IV as well. Review coming soon for that.....

I have seen this on EBAY for $29.95. Not a good value at all based on my non-existent energy and focus.

Side Effects:

N/A

Conclusion: 4.5/10

Pumps were very good, however, this is not marketed as a pump product only. This is PES's relatively new pre-workout and they market it heavily as the ultimate mind-muscle connection, which was non-existent for me.

I am not buying this product again based on my above experience.
     Pros:
     Cons:
    • Very Good Pumps
    • No Energy
    • No Focus
    • No Mind Muscle Connection

(Thanks to Symbolic Muscle for sending it out!)
    Introduction:

First off, thank you to the folks at Symbolic Muscle and the SR Troops program for the opportunity to try Symbolic Muscle's Hydro Conductor. BCAA/Amino powders are a daily supplement that I take intra-workout and once a day on rest days. I have had a few products that I felt a noticeable decrease in DOMS and/or recovery, and the rest hopefully have some underlying benefit.

Ingredient Profile:

This is a standard/basic amino acid profile that includes the basic BCAA's, along with some add ins.

A 2:1:1 ratio consisting of 2.5g Leucine
    ...

A 2:1:1 ratio consisting of 2.5g Leucine
    1.3g Isoleucine
    1.3g Valine

Some additional ingredients added to this profile are potassium, chloride, sodium and some B vitamins (B3, B6 and B12)

Taste: 5/10

I always want a good tasting product, especially if I am going to sip it during my workout. The last thing I want is a poor tasting product that I have to sip for 45 minutes and dread.

The flavor I received was cotton candy. I was so pumped to try this, it just looked and sounds tasty. However, first sip for me, and every one has different taste buds, this tasted chemically to me. Needless to say I didn't enjoy it as all.

It wasn't the worst tasting product I have had, but it wasn't good for me either.

Mixability: 8/10

I mixed the product in 24 ounces of water, in a shaker with some ice. Experienced no mixing issues with this powder. It mixed very well.

Dosing:

Pretty straightforward here. I scoop per the above and I drank it during my workout.

Unfortunately, I didn't have any noticeable physical benefits from this product. No reduced DOMs, no increased recovery and no increased hydration. That's not to say the product is a bust. Hopefully it had some underlying positive benefits for my muscles, I just didn't notice any physical effects from the products and I just wasn't a fan of the taste.

Value: 6.5/10

As of this review, the product can be purchased for $24.95 at TF Supplements. Not a bad price for what you are getting, it's less than $1 per day. I have seen similar products with a 2:1:1 bcaa ratio and some added goodies in the $30 range.

Side Effects:

N/A-no side effects experienced during the use of this product

Conclusion:

I wasn't a fan of this flavor, it was rather chemically tasting to me. Not a flavor I would purchase. The BCAA profile is a standard 2:1:1 with some added ingredients. It's worth a try for the $$. Just not a product I would put on my buy list.
     Pros:
     Cons:
    • Mixes Well
    • Poor Taste
    • No Recovery
    • No DOMS Reduction

Introduction:

Thank you to the folks at Maxler and the SR Troops program for the opportunity to try Maxler's Omega 3 Gold product. Fish oils are a staple for me on a daily basis. For the most part I can notice several physical effects when using fish oil, as opposed to not using a fish oil. I have tried several of Maxler's products before.

Ingredient Profile:

1 capsule provides 1 gram of Fish oil, 180mg EPA and 120mg of DHA-which are two of the most important Omega 3 Fatty Acids

Not a huge dose of each, its quite low.

Fish oil is approved by the FDA to...

Ingredient Profile:

Not a huge dose of each, its quite low.

Fish oil is approved by the FDA to lower Triglyceride levels, there's some other potential benefits as well. Some other potential benefits include, lowering cholesterol, preventing heart disease, stroke, just to name a few

Taste:

N/A as these are in capsule form, thus no taste

Mixability:

N/A as these are in capsules form, there is nothing to mix

Dosing:

I followed the instructions through completion for the bottle. 1 capsule 3 times per day with a meal. The bottle will last you 40 days with this dosage.

Effectiveness 7.5/10:

I did not get any blood testing at the beginning of the bottle and end of the bottle, so I cannot comment on any positive effect on Triglyceride levels. However, there's a few noticeable physical effects I noticed after a week, which lasted through the end of the bottle.

Hair- My hair is normally on the dry side. After about 2 weeks of use, I noticed my hair more shiny and manageable without any hair product. This was noticeable by others as well

Skin- Specifically my face was a bit more oily than normal. Again, this was noticeable by myself, as well as others commenting on my face.

I did not notice any joint benefit from this particular product. I do lift heavier with low reps and do have joint pain as a result. Unfortunately, I did not have any positive physical benefit in this area.

Value 8/10:

You get what you pay for, as of this review, you can get a 120 count bottle for $9.49 via Amazon. That's just under 24 cents per day for 3 capsules. Please note, this a lower dose of DHA and EPA, compared to other products. It's very good value for the dosage, but again, you are getting what you pay for, not necessarily a bad thing.

Side Effects:

No side effects noticed-no fish burps for me

Conclusion 7.5/10:

If your looking for a low cost fish oil, with a lower concentration of DHA/EPA mgs, this is for you. Honestly, if you don't take a fish oil currently, my mindset is its better to be taking some than none at all.
     Pros:
     Cons:
    • Healthier Skin And Hair
    • No Fish Burps
    • Very Good Value
    • Low EPADHA Count

Introduction:

Thank you to Maxler and the SR Troops program for the opportunity to try Maxler's CLA Max product. CLA products are not a staple for me. I honestly haven't gone through many CLA bottles in my lifetime. I am kind of on the fence about the product altogether, because I have not seen any physical benefit from them in the past. Hopefully, CLA has some underlying benefit to a person's body.

There's many claims out there about CLA and fat loss. Please note, no pill will replace a well balanced diet of lean meats, fruits and veggies, along with exercise, lifting weights, cardio etc...

Very Straightforward 1,000 mg CLA-Conjugated Linoleic Acid per gel capsule

Nothing fancy here

There's some studies that show is promotes fat loss, as well as some other health benefits, such as weight loss etc.

Taste:

N/A- There is no taste to this product as its in a gel cap form and I wouldn't recommend chewing the capsule as it probably tastes gross.

Mixability:

N/A- The gel caps are swallowed, hence mixing does not apply

Dosing:

I took the product as directed, 1 gel capsule 3 times per day with a meal. This will last you 30 days per 90 gel capsule bottle. The gel caps are black, somewhat large, but easy to swallow with the gel capsule coating

Effectiveness 5.5/10:

Very tough to rate this, as I felt and saw no physical benefits for the duration of this product. As with many vitamins, minerals etc, you hope there is some underlying benefit to your body. Hopefully it has some positive underlying effect on a person's cardiovascular system that will assist in the long run. It's possible several bottles back to back would have some physical effect. Unfortunately, I did not experience any physical benefit from the product over the course of thirty days.

Value 7.5/10:

As of this review, the product can be purchased via Amazon for just under $13. That's just 42 cents per day, very good value for underlying benefits

Side Effects:

No side effects to report during the consumption of this product

Conclusion:

Kind of on the fence with this product, as with some bold claims on the packaging, I did not experience any physical benefits. However, that doesn't mean it assisted or helped my body in another way, during the 30 days of use.

I wish there were more studies out there for CLA, as it seems to be a widely promoted supplement to aid and promote fat loss.
     Pros:
     Cons:
    • Very Good Value
    • No Noticeable Physical Effects

Introduction:

Thank you to the SR Troops program and the folks at Maxler, for the opportunity to try their Acetyl L-Carnitine product. This product is NOT a staple for me, but I do have quite a bit experience with it in the past. I probably use several bottles per year and dabble with the various forms of L-carnitine, which I will breakdown a little below.

Each capsule contains 500mg of Acetyl L-carnitine

One ingredient, that's it

Each capsule contains 500mg of Acetyl L-carnitine

One ingredient, that's it

Ok, now there are several forms of L-Carnitine, each with its own benefit in theory. I will touch on the below two:

L-Carnitine Tartate- the "fat burning" type, that also can provide energy for physical activity and can possibly assist in limiting fat gain

ALCAR aka Acetyl L-Carnitine- the "focus" type, also can provide energy

Taste:

N/A- there is no taste as these are in capsule form.

It is not necessary to crack open the capsules for consumption

Mixability:

N/A- these are capsules which are swallowed only

Dosing:

I dosed this 2 caps 30 min prior to working out and 2 caps in the mid-afternoon in between meals

On non workout days I would down 4 capsules upon awaking.

There's several various dosing protocols with the product online, this is the one I went with for the duration of the bottle

Effectiveness 8/10:

This product was effective from day one in terms of focus. Not just at work, but overall, my head felt more clear with all the items of life that get thrown at you on a daily basis. It was a welcomed effect. The focus aspect was noticeable during the day, at the gym and even before bed. I felt like I just had more clarity, in didn't feel overwhelmed.

The energy aspect took about 3 days to kick in. Most notably at the gym and at work. I felt less of a need to take a pwo many mornings, while on this product. At work, as I get older, that afternoon crash seems more consistent. After a few days of this product, I didn't feel tired in the afternoons at work.

Now this isn't the L-carnitine that is "supposed to" burn fat, however, I did weigh myself before and after the bottle, with the diet/water intake pretty much the same and I lost 2.9 pounds. I can't day 100% this product did or did not attribute to that, however, my weight is very consistent. I just find it interesting.

Value 8/10:

As of this review, 100 capsules can be had via Amazon for $9.99. That's very good value right there, for the above effects. That's $10 at 4 capsules per day, which will last you 25 days.

Side Effects:

No side effects to report

Conclusion:

The product did what it should do increased focus, added energy and possibly some fat loss benefits. Very good value for these noticeable effects.
     Pros:
     Cons:
    • Better Focus