Frankiemusc

SR TROOPer

• Member has been active for 8 years, and was last online this week

TROPHY CASE

Reviews by Frankiemusc

Thanks to TOREM for sending it out!
  December 15, 2017

Pros:
 Cons:
  • Stimulant Free
  • Convenient Packaging
  • No Appetite Suppression

Thank you to the folks at Torem and the SR Troops program for the opportunity to try Neco-Adipem. Neco-Adipem is a stimulant free weight loss product. Apologies to the folks at Torem for this very late review. I actually used this product back to back, as I used the one from the SR Troops program first and then purchased one on my own via a solid deal.

Why I selected this product:

My experience in the weight loss/fat burning supplement category is very low. I simply have not tried that many products, since I bought my first protein powder back in the early 90's. At the time the product was posted on SR, there were many rave reviews, especially along the lines of significant weight loss from reviewers. So I was very inclined to try it, so much that I claimed the free one and saw a great deal at the time and purchased another one.

Expectations:

My expectations were to have similar weight loss results as other reviewers. Or possibly noticeable leaning out along the way
Companies Claim- KFB fat oxidation blend that helped our founder lose over 75lbs

There's 7 ingredients in this product, all of which the dosages are broken out in a non-proprietary blend. Personally I understand companies keeping their dosages undisclosed, as long as the product works.

Innoslim 250mg-supposed to regulate glucose absorption into the body, which in turn, is supposed to regulate fat gain

Pure Green Tea Extract 250mg-a staple in many fat loss products, which is suppose to have some fat/weight loss benefits

Garcina Combogia 100mg-this was all the rage when Dr Oz promoted it on one of his weight loss shows

Advantar Z 50 mg-should have appetite suppressant qualities

Capsimax 50mg-an extract from red hot chili peppers which is suppose to increase thermogenic activity in the body

Astigin 25mg- used to assist absorption of other ingredients

Taste:

There is no taste to this product, as each serving is in its individual packet and contains two capsules

Not applicable per above

Dosing:

Two servings one before breakfast and one before dinner is how I used the product

Please note I used two of these boxes consecutively and I kept my diet as close to the same for 60 days

Weight Loss 1/10:

Weighed in at 235 the morning I started this journey and ended up weighing 234 (quite normal for me). Yes, its just the scale, please read below for any body comp changes. Not even close to some of the weight other reviewers lost, while using this product. Quite disappointed in this aspect.

Appetite Suppressant 1/10:

I cannot say I felt my appetite feel suppressed during any day of this 60 day run.

Thermo effect 1/10:

No thermos effect experienced

Body Comp 1/10:

The scale reflected what I already knew with no weight loss experienced. I looked very closely in the mirror at each body part during this 60 day run. I didn't notice any leaning, or visible fat loss. Very disappointing.

Intangibles 2/10:

For a few weeks, I experienced an elevated mood or better concentration but I cannot directly say that this was an effect of this product.

As of this review, the product can be purchased for $55 at Amazon.com. You are most likely paying for the nice box and individual packages, as a result of that high cost.

I did purchase my other box for about $25 on pharmasoup.com a daily discounted supplement of the day website

Side Effects

No side effects experienced. I can't even say this product increased my bathroom trips, because it didn't

Conclusion

Compared the majority of other reviewers of this product, I was let down here. I felt cheated to be honest. My hope and expectations were very high, and with 2 boxes run back to back I was sure I would get some positive results.

Unfortunately, supplements do no work the same for everyone, and sadly I was that person which this product failed me, meh !!

Overall
Thanks to GDN Superstore for sending it out!
  November 3, 2017

Pros:
 Cons:
  • Easy 3 Pills
  • Some Decent Ingredients
  • Not Currently Available

Hello, thank you to the SR Trooper program and the folks at GDN Superstore for giving me the opportunity to try ADN's Daily 100 multi-vitamin. Apologies for the extremely late review. Multi-Vitamins are a staple for me. Please note, you just can't take a multi and neglect your vitamins, minerals etc from whole foods. It doesn't work that way.

A multi-vitamin is used to supplement your current diet, for vitamins, minerals etc., which you may be lacking.

As of this review, my go to is Opti-Men. I have taken a wide variety of multi-vitamins over the years. Some vitamins I can notice working, via increased energy, alertness etc, some I do not, but hope there is some underlying benefit to my body.

Why I chose this product:
Being that multi-vitamins are a staple for me, I figured why not tak the opportunity to try something new

Several dozen ingredients, which include vitamins, minerals, herbs, fruits. A pretty standard multi, which should not be hard on the wallet. The minerals are in a chelated form, which some research has shown to be better absorbed.
The non-prop ingredient dosages are pretty standard, which you would find in any multi-vitamin

The prop blend aka Energy & Joints stack is extremely low dosed ingredients. I am not sure if these would or would not have any effect, as they are rather low in milligrams.

As previous reviewers have stated the initial smell of the vitamins is very strong out of the bottle. However, you do not inhale the product folks, so please relax.

I took 3 pills once a day with breakfast, pretty straightforward.

As mentioned above, some multi-vitamins I could feel working, in terms of increased energy or alertness, others I could not. Unfortunately, with ADN I did not notice any positive physical effect from this product. So this was tough to gauge, hopefully the product had some underlying benefit to my body. I would think the doses here of the vitamins and minerals would supplement a current well balanced diet, with fruit and vegetables nicely. Just something possibly insignificant or not, I did not get a cold while taking this product or get sick. Please take that for what it's worth.

This product was $40 per month initially, however I cannot locate this product online for sale, it's not available at GDN or even Amazon, as of this review. So I cannot put a value on it and I will just put a 5 in the Value rating sections.

Side Effects

No side effects while taking this product

Conclusion

It's not a bad multi-vitamin for the profile. I cannot assign a value rating based on a 30 day supple, as I could not locate this product online as of this review.

Thanks to HAK Nutrition for sending it out!
  October 23, 2017

• Increased Focus
  • Transparent Label

Thank you to the folks at Hak Nutrition and the SR Troops program, for the opportunity to try Pre Hak. Pre Hak is a pre-workout product that contains ingredients for strength, pumps, energy, focus and fatigue reduction. Apologies for the extremely late review for this product.

Why I selected this product:
Pre-workouts are a staple for me. I use them before every workout session. As an aging male, I do not have the energy to get going like I used to, so I require that additional boost to get me going. The ingredient profile of this product was very intriguing to me. It was a unique array of ingredients for a wide range of uses.

Expectations:
My expectations were to obtain a solid kick of energy/focus, with nice muscle pumps.

The product contains a wide array of ingredients, several which are properly dosed according to scientific studies.

The product is broken down into 5 different categories, containing a total of 16 ingredients. I am not going to go into each specific ingredient. I will focus on the main ones:

Energy Amplifier: A nice 275 mg dose of caffeine Ahhydrous- this is within my sweet spot in terms of caffeine mgs

Explosive Strength- A nice one, two, three combo of Betaine, Creatine HCL and Taurine. Although some a little under dosed (Betaine), I think synergistically they work well together.

Fatigue Fighter- Standard BCAA dosage 2:1:1 and 2 grams of Carnosyn-nice addition to a pre-workout formula

Focus Igniter: Standard 100mg of Theanine and standard Tyrosine- that should do the job in terms of focus

Pump Matrix- 6 grams of Citrulline DL Malate- I do not need to say more, this is an effective clinical dosage

And contains 5 mg of Bioperine for absorption

Taste:
The product comes in two different flavors, Raspberry Lemonade and Green Apple. I received the Raspberry Lemonade flavor, as it's one of my favorites and it was rather enjoyable.

I would rate the flavor an 8/10, I enjoyed it each and every time. Didn't get tired of this flavor.

Mixability:

I mixed the product in 8 ounces of water. The product dissolved very well and the flavor was strong. The label states to use 12 ounces of water, however, I hate downing that much water before my workout.

Dosing:

I scoop with 8 ounces of water 30 minutes before my workout.

For the benefit of the review, I will break it down to several areas based on the 5 different ingredient categories:

Energy Amplifier 8/10:

One scoop did the job for me here. Solid and clean energy, no need for more than one scoop or less than one scoop. Energy kicked in on the car ride to the gym, so when I arrived I was good to go. The energy along with the focus below was a nice one two punch.

Explosive Strength 5/10:

I can't say I noticed anything more than a gradual strength increase with this product. Nothing out of the ordinary or anything that would raise an eyebrow while lifting.

Fatigue Fighter 7/10:

As opposed to not taking any BCAA, I feel the product did help me recover somewhat better post workout. I wasn't as tired, as opposed to taking straight up caffeine or not taking an intra workout.

Pump Matrix 8.5/10:

Great pumps with this product. 6 grams of Citrulline Malate does the job here. When you train back and only back and your biceps are pumped as poo, that's a noticeable/effective pump product.

Focus Igniter 8/10:

Great tunnel vision, very focused on the task at hand with these ingredients. Everything seemed more clear in my mind. Some carry over to my work day an hour or so into the day. Felt like I listened more closely and was not in a partial fog.

The product can be bought from Hak Nutrition for $39.99. A high price, but you get what you are paying for in the array of ingredients in this product. I almost feel its somewhat warranted, because you may not need a separate BCAA product.

Side Effects

I experienced no side effects while using this product. No crash etc

Conclusion

You are paying for what you get, a wide assortment of ingredients, over 5 different noticeable categories: Energy, Focus, Pump, Fatigue Reducer and Strength. I thoroughly enjoyed this product and would purchase it in the future. I love the fact that I could possibly eliminate a BCAA from my stack, when taking this product.

Thanks to HAK Nutrition for sending it out!
  October 2, 2017

Pros:
 Cons:
  • Better Recovery
  • Reduced DOMs
  • Tastes Awesome

Thank you to the folks at Hak Nutrition and the SR Troops program, for the opportunity to try Post Hak. Post Hak is a recovery product that contains recovery based ingredients. Apologies for the extremely late review for this product.

---Why I selected this product---

I am not getting any younger and require as much needed assistance to help me recover and replenish my energy levels. I picked this product because, in addition to my staple BCAA's it contains numerous other ingredients that can aid and enhance recovery.

---Expectations---

My expectations were to ex...

---Why I selected this product---

---Expectations---

My expectations were to experience recovery and restored energy levels while taking this product. I expected it to be more recovery than my favorite BCAA.

The product contains the correct ingredients for recovery, yet falls a little short on the proven dosages for some in my opinion (L-Citruline) and L-Carnitine Tartrate. However, I feel the goal here was that they would work synergistically, in terms of effectiveness. Sometimes that strategy works, sometime it doesn't.

The product is broken down into two main categories below:

Size a Strength Growth-

L-Glutamine 3 grams
Cherry Pure Powder 480 mg
Magnesium Glutimane 400 mg
And contains 5 mg of Bioperine for absorption

Taste:

The product comes in two different flavors, Peach Mango and Watermelon. I received the Watermelon flavor, as it's my preferred flavor and was spot on for me.

This product did not disappoint in the flavor department. I would rate the water melon flavor a solid 8, very enjoyable.

Mixability:

I mixed the product in a 24 ounces shaker with some ice. There was minimal residue and a few more shakes while drinking, did the trick in dissolving the residue.

Dosing:

I used the product as an intra-workout drink and completed each serving, just prior to ending my workout. So figure it was consumed in about 1 hour. Sipping it while in the midst of my training.

Recovery 8/10:

After the first several days of taking the product, I noticed increased recovery outside the gym. Normally, after a workout, I am spent and a bit tired. I felt a more elevated sense of recovery, which was more than welcome.

Muscle Soreness 8/10:

Although some studies claim glutamine as ineffective, I always noticed reduced muscle soreness when taking as little as several grams. Not 100% sure if this ingredient alone helped me, however, when I increased the weights, or added a new exercise, I was noticeably less sore.

Endurance 7/10:

While taking the product after several days, I noticed a bit more stamina left in the tank to do more during the gym. I didn't take advantage of it, because I am a believer in overtraining. Just something to note.

Strength/Size 3/10:

I didn't notice any strength gain or size increases while on the product.

The product can be bought from Hak Nutrition for $29.99 for 25 servings. That's about $1.20 per serving. Based on the above effectiveness, I think that's some solid value.

Side Effects

I experienced no side effects while using this product. However, several days after using the product, my recovery and endurance were noticeably less.

Conclusion

Based on the above effectiveness experienced, I would recommend this product. It was very positive for me in several areas and that's exactly what I like to experience when taking a recovery based product. I am looking forward to using this product again.

Thanks to Zhou Nutrition for sending it out!
  August 1, 2017

Pros:
 Cons:
  • None
  • Under-dosed Key Ingredients
  • Not Effective In Any Area
---Introduction---

Thank you to the folks at Zhou Nutrition and the SR Troops program for the opportunity to try Zhou Nutiriton's product, Boost Elite. This product is a natural testosterone booster and contains ingredients that may boost testosterone or libido.

Why I selected this product:

As a male approaching the ripe old age of 43, I am always looking for that extra test boost, via natural products. My go to is DAA. When test boosters work, it's very noticeable to me, whether it's a slight boost in aggression, increased libido, more energy, mood enhancing etc.

After doing some sear...

Why I selected this product:

After doing some searches on this product, I saw all the rave reviews on Amazon and said, I have to try this and give some honest feedback.

Expectations:

My expectations were very high, based on all the positive reviews of this product. As of this review, Amazon has almost 2,000 reviews of this product and an average of 4 of 5 star rating of those reviews. That's very impressive.

---Ingredient Profile---

A combination of potential test boosting ingredients, as well as libido increasing ingredients. Not going to delve into all the ingredients, as it will just be a duplication of what others have stated. I will focus on the main one's for me.

Tribulus Terrestris 500mg- I have heard people say this has some test boosting properties, depending on the type or where it's from. Personally I have never had any results from it

Horny Goat Weed 400mg- This product is known to enhance libido. I have had mixed results in the past with this ingredient.

Fenugreek Seed Extract 300 mg- I have had some success with this ingredient in the past, in combination with other test boosting ingredients.

An interesting mix of ingredients on the label for this product. I guess the hope was, although many under dosed, that they would work synergistically together.

---Taste/Mixability/Dosing---

Taste:

These are in capsule form, so taste is not applicable here.

Mixability:

These are in capsule form, so mixability is not applicable here.

Dosing (The Benefit of the Doubt Test Dosing):

Now I normally follow the low end dosage instructions when it comes to test boosters, however, based on my age and being able to confirm that a specific test booster has noticeable effects, I switched it up here.

Most of the ingredients are under dosed, so I took 3 capsules upon waking and another 3 about 6 hours later. This was mentioned on the label as well. The product would last me only 15 days, but I was hoping for a fast track to some test boosting effects.

---Effectiveness---

For the benefit of the review, I will break it down to several areas:

Libido- Total bust here, even at doubling the dosages.

Now I expected something in terms of a libido boost because I have taken similar ingredients as stand alones and have had noticeable effects of increased libido. Unfortunately little Frankie had no benefit in this aspect of the product.

Mood- Total bust category number two.

No increased mood, elevated feeling, motivation or increased desire to lift weights when in the gym, nothing.

Energy- Total bust number 3.

I experienced no increased energy, no better sleep patterns, nothing.

---Value---

This product can be purchased, I think only on Amazon at $32.99, for 30 servings or 3 capsules per day. I cannot say this is good value, as I experienced no added benefit from this product.

---Side Effects---

I did experience some anxiety the first several days of using the product, due to the Yohimbe Bark Extract. This was normal for me, as I have similar side effects from this ingredient always.

---Conclusion--

As a 42 year old male on the downward slope of his prime, it's very easy for me to tell if a test booster is working. Sadly, this product did absolutely nothing for me. I felt as if I were taking a sugar pill, zero positive effects.
I would not consider purchasing this product or recommending it to anyone.

3.0
Thanks to RSP for sending it out!
  July 31, 2017

Cons:
  • Taste
  • Ineffective Doses
  • No Fat Loss
  • No Energy
---Introduction---

Thank you to the folks at RSP and the SR Troops program for the opportunity to try RSP's product Amino Lean. This product contains ingredients that could be used for recovery, energy and fat loss. My staple supplements always include one for energy, and one for recovery-BCAA's.

Apologies for the late review.

Why I selected this product:

The 3 headed ingredient profile in this product is what intrigued me and it's been a while since I have tried such a formula.

---Introduction---

Apologies for the late review.

---Ingredient Profile---

I am not going to provide a detail on the 20 ingredients listed on the label, as previous reviewers have done a great job in covering these already.

Amino Acid Blend 5 grams- contains your staple bcaa's and l-arginine, l-glutamine, just to name a few
Thoughts: Prop blend, which appears to be under dosed all around, with the 14 ingredients in this blend.

Fast Loss 1.5 grams-CLA, L-Carnitine L -Tartrate, Green Tea Extract and Coffee Bean Extract
Thoughts: Another prop blend that appears to be under dosed. Especially for the CLA and L Carnitine Tartrate, 1.5grams
could be an effective does each

Energy and Focus 130 mg Caffeine from Green Tea and Theobromine
Thoughts: Clearly under dosed based on just the two ingredients listed here

---Taste/Mixability/Dosing---

Taste:
I had the blackberry pomegranate. The taste was delicate, definitely not over powering, or overly sweet. Just a hint of flavor would best describe it. It was a refreshing flavor for me.

Mixability:
I mixed this either in a 24 ounce shaker or in a 16 ounce plastic water bottle. Mixing was excellent, no residue and it seemed to dissolve effortlessly into the water.

Added ice cubes in the shaker.

Dosing:

1 scoop in the above water amounts.

I took this as a pre-workout and didn't exceed this amount for 30 days, as I wanted to stay within the 1 a day serving size.

Overall a big MEH.

Energy- just wasn't enough. I train at 4:30 or 5am 3 days per week and I require a nice kick to get me going at my age. The product fell short here. I felt a cup of 10 ounce coffee has a better result than this product.

Recovery-I didn't feel any speedier recovery or reduction in doms etc, but hopefully there was some underlying benefit to the product. Some BCAA products I have felt working in the past and some I did not.

Fat Loss- No noticeable leaning aspects of this product whatsoever. I have taken L-Carnitine on its own and have noticed a leaning effect, but at much higher dosages. The fat loss concept of this product was most disappointing, in terms of the amount of ingredients.

---Value---

The product can be purchased on Amazon as of this review, $16 for 30 servings. Value is based on effectiveness and based on my lack of effectiveness, I am not sure I would spend $16, or 53 cents per day, for something that was ineffective.

---Side Effects---

No side effects

---Conclusion---

Overall this was an under dosed product in which no physical positive effects were experienced. Hopefully, there was some underlying benefit to my muscles with the amino blend, however the energy and fat loss blends fell flat.

Possibly this would be deemed a "beginner" product, for someone that is just starting out in the gym or very sensitive to stimulants.

Thanks to RSP for sending it out!
  June 9, 2017

Pros:
 Cons:
  • Mixes Well
  • Average Pumps
  • No Recovery Benefits

First off, I would like to thank RSP and the SR Trooper program for the opportunity to try me to RSP's Agmatine Sulfate.

Nitric Oxide products are practically a staple for me, as I use them several months on and a month off during the year. Everyone wants that huge pump to keep them motivated, however, there is also the benefit of increasing blood flow throughout the body, and potential cardiovascular benefits.

Why I selected this product:

I have tried Agmatine Sulfate before with mixed results, however normally in pre-workouts. My go to pump ingredient is L-Arginine HCL.

Pretty straightforward here, it's one ingredient, 500mg of Agmatine Sulfate. The technical ingredient, which is trademarked as Agmamax. I do not know the particulars behind this name.
RSP Product Claims:

Supports the following:

NO production for pump and nutrient transport
Muscle recovery, reduced soreness, decreased recovery time
Promotion of antioxidant activity
Oxygen Supply

The L-Arginine Vent:

I don't understand why everyone seemed to sour on L-arginine, when 10-15 years ago it was all the rage. Everyone and their mother were getting pumps off the product and now it apparently doesn't work the same for many and it seems like companies are trying to reinvent the wheel at time. Well, it still works great for me in the pump department.

Taste

Taken with water this has a very bitter taste

Mixability

No issues mixing two scoops in 6 ounces of water or flavored beverage. The product dissolved completely for me.

I took two scoops 20-30 minutes before my workout, on an empty stomach. I stayed with this dosing for the entire tub
The bitter taste got to me after a while and I started mixing it with powerade zero.

I stayed with 2 scoops for the duration of the tub. Didn't want to go to three because that just seemed excessive to me, as agamtine sulfate is suppose to be taken at much lower dosages than L-arginine, due to its claim to be more effective.

Pumps:

The pumps were nothing to brag about and average at best. After hitting the gym hard, it seemed like I took no pump product at all. Maybe I should have ventured into the 3 scoop territory. Always with solid pump products, I can take the product and on my way to the gym, I have a noticeable pump in my arms, unfortunately that was not the case with this product.

Also, to note, I had no increased libido effects with this product. With L-Arginine, after a period of 6 grams per day for a few weeks, I have elevated libido, random wood.

Recovery/Oxygen Supply:

I noticed no increased recovery with the product and I noticed no increased oxygen capacity, by way of increased endurance.

You can get this product as of this review at BB.com for $24.97 (50 grams). At two scoops, the product will last you 50 days.

Side Effects

No side effects experienced

Conclusion

I will stick with my "old fashioned" L-Arginine HCL. It works very well for me and at 6 grams per day, its much better value than this product. The old saying, if it's not broke, don't fix it, clearly applies here for me.
Yes, there's some new pump products on the market that work very well/great, unfortunately this doesn't cut the cake for me.

Thanks to CSA Nutrition for sending it out!
  May 12, 2017

• Increased Strength
  • Mixability Needs Improvement
  • Heavy Bloating
  • Excessive Water Weight

Thank you to the folks at CSA Nutrition and the SR Troops program for the opportunity to try Podium Gold.

Why I chose this product:

I haven't tried a straight up creatine mono related product in quite some time, possibly over 5 years. I respond well, strength increase, some endurance etc. however, I have had bad issues with bloating on many occasions. My go to creatine of choice is Kre-alkalyn, the buffered form of creatine monohydrate and I love it. Works like a charm and no bloating ever. So I figured I would give this a go.

The ingred...

Why I chose this product:

The ingredient 4.5 gram proprietary blend called CarnoForge is trademarked, which is a blend of beta alanine and creatine monohydrate. From what I have read, the ingredients in this product are bonded and buffered.

The company claims that Carnoforge increases exercise capacity and power output by increasing intracellular carnosine levels via fast twitch (Type 2) muscle fibers. The product is free from any banned substances and is touted by a few powerlifters online and in several weight lifting forums.

Taste:

I received the unflavored powder, which had zero taste to it. I did mix it with powerade zero, and the product had no much effect if any, on the flavor of the powerade zero.

Mixability:

Not the greatest mixing product, I had to stir the product often, especially after drinking half the glass. A ton of settling of the powder at the bottom, and gritty as I got towards the bottom of the glass.

I mixed the product in 12 ounces of beverage, sometimes water, but for the most part powerade zero. When I would take 2 scoops, I went with 6 ounces pre and 1 scoop and 6 ounces post workout with 1 scoop. The goal here was to keep my water/beverage intake the same, and to hopefully minimize water weight.

Dosing:

Directions state, once scoop daily before your workout for people under 200lbs and once scoop daily preworkout and once scoop post workout for people over 200lbs. Pretty straightforward here, no loading etc.

Appearance Effects:

Based on my starting weight of 233, I started the product as directed at 1 scoop before my workout and 1 scoop after my workout. Now here's where my issue arose. After 4 days of 2 scoops per day, I felt noticeably more swole, heavy and bloated, so I stepped on the scale and whoa, 240 lbs, I gained 7 pounds of water weight in 4 days. So I had to rethink my strategy with product as I didn't want to find out what the scale would read another 4 days from now. So at this point, I scaled back to one scoop preworkout. My weight came back down to 233 after another 4 days at one scoop. In the end I was up about 2 pounds only.

Also, just to note, I didn't increase my water or beverage intake, or change my diet whatsoever, everything was as close to the same as possible.

Physical Effects:

The product worked as a creatine monohydrate product should, some strength gains, but most noticeable endurance. I felt like I could train for hours on end, even with the one scoop. During the tub run, I was craving more weight on my lifts. I would say as opposed to no creatine, I probably increased most of my lifts by about 5% from the start of the tub, to the end of the tub.

The strength gains were positive, but the endurance aspect was tremendous for me. Normally, at the end of a workout, I am spent, nothing left in the tank and I am stumbling out of the gym. With podium gold I was craving more lifting and had so much in the tank. Also, I noticed my recovery post workout was increased, as I didn't feel that afternoon crash at work from training in the am, or the need to take a nap after dinner. I had more energy period. Huge props here, as I don't remember any prior creatine product having this much of a positive endurance effect on me.

The powder version costs $43.99 for 60 servings. If your needing just one scoop (under 200lbs) a day, that's 60 days of product at 73 cents per day, that's really good value. For those over 200lbs, double that cost at 30 days servings, not the best value.

Side Effects

7lbs of water weight gain in just 4 days of use, at 2 scoops per day was just too much for me. Bloating, a sense of heaviness in my muscles.

At 1 scoop I didn't experience any side effects.

Conclusion

An interesting experience to say the least. I was curious how much water weight I would have gained if I continued at 2 scoops. Absolutely loved the endurance aspect of this product.

Personally, I will stick to my Kre-Alkalyn, however, if you are a hard gainer, I feel this product has your name all over it.

Thanks to Strike First Nutrition for sending it out!
  May 3, 2017

Pros:
 Cons:
  • Increased Hydration
  • Not Consistent In Reducing Doms
Introduction:

Thank you to the SR Troops program and StrikeFirst Nutrition to try their Sustainall BCAA product. BCAA's are a staple product for me, which I always consume intra workout and once a day on rest days. Some BCAA products I can literally feel working, whether it's an decrease in recovery time or a decrease in muscle soreness. For the one's that I do not noticeably feel, I hope they have some underlying benefit to them.

I have been fine with the standard 2:1:1 ratio, however, lately I am noticing more physical effects when the Leucine dosage is at a higher ratio.

Also, I want...
Introduction:

Also, I want a BCAA product that tastes decent, there is nothing worse than busting your butt in the gym and drinking something that tastes horrible

Why I picked this product:

BCAA's are a staple for me and I wanted to try a new brand of BCAA just to mix it up and add to my go to BCAA products.

There's two prop blends in this product. I am on the other side of the coin when it comes to prop blends, as I see no issue with companies protecting their product recipe.

There's 9 grams of the Lean Building & Recovery Blend:

10:1:1 ratio of L-leucine, L-Isoleucine, L-Valine) with L-glutamine

Vitamin & Mineral-Electrolyte & Balance Blend 752 mg:

B12, D, C, Magnesium, Sodium, Potassium, B6

A little more than what can be found in a standard 2:1:1 BCAA product.

Taste 8/10:

The taste was pretty good. I had the tropical berry flavor. I wouldn't say it tasted like Kool Aid though, it was definitely a tropical berry flavor which wasn't too sweet and was quite enjoyable.

Mixability 8/10:

No issues here when consumed in a shaker. No issues with floaters or residue, it seemed the product fully dissolved.

Dosing:

I mixed one scoop with 24 ounces of water in a shaker and consumed during my workouts, on workout days and once a day on rest days.

Effectiveness 6/10:

The product didn't blow me away, however, there were some noticeable positive effects that I would like to point out.

Hydration 9/10:

While consuming this product, I didn't feel the need to drink what I would normally consume during the day, in terms of powerade zero, water, tea etc. I just felt more hydrated, which was a plus. As compared to other BCAA products, this rated very highly in this category for me, based on my experience.

Muscle Soreness 5/10:

Hit or miss here for me. There was a few leg days where I felt the product had noticeable reduced muscle soreness and a few leg days where I was sore as hell. In general, for 30 days of consumption, muscle soreness reduction varied, about 50/50 in all. I am not sure if this was a result of the BCAA's, sodium, potassium, L-glutamine or the higher ration of L-Leucine.

The product wasn't consistent enough for me in the reduction of muscle soreness category to say this was a solid product.

Recovery 3/10:

I cannot say that I noticed any recovery benefits from this product at all. Each day on the product seemed the same, no increase in endurance while training or increased recovery on a rest day.

Value 5/10:

As of this review, the product is only available on the Strike First Nutrition website at $49.99 a tub. That's $1.66 per serving, which is a bit steep for me to consider, based on the above experience. Thinking the price will drop once it becomes more widely available on other online retailer sites. There are additional ingredients in the product, but not nearly enough to say this is even good value.

Side Effects:

Conclusion 6/10:

A decent BCAA, definitely not bad or the worst. A middle of the road product that had one area which shined for me. Hydration was the high point for me, recovery and reduction of muscle soreness were some hit, and miss respectively. The price is very high for what I didn't experience and I'm pretty sure I wouldn't consider buying at $49.99 a pop. Hoping the price comes down.

(SR paid for product; Primeval Labs did not participate)
  April 19, 2017

Pros:
 Cons:
  • None
  • Excessive Bathroom Trips
  • No Fat Loss
  • No Weight Loss
Introduction:

Thank you to the SR Troops program for the opportunity to try Pyretic by Primeval Labs. This is my second product I have tried from Primeval Labs. This is the replacement product for Super Cardarine, a prior non-stim fat loss product that had many positive reviews throughout the internet.

Why I selected this product:

I have limited experience with fat burners, but as I get older, I am finding it more challenging to keep fat lower and am interested in any product that can assist me.

Ingredient Profile:

There's 7 ingredients in this product, each having some "fat loss" e...

Ingredient Profile:

There's 7 ingredients in this product, each having some "fat loss" effect in theory or scientifically.
C3G or Cyanidin 3-Glucoside is the main fat loss promoter in this product. It's a recomposition ingredient that is found in the skins of dark purple fruits, corn grains and black berries to name a few

The ingredient is suppose to drive nutrients one gets from food (fats and carbs), away from fat storage and sends them to your muscles. There's 125 mg of this ingredient in each serving.

The other ingredients that are geared toward fat loss are in the ingredient label picture below.

Based on Jerry Ward's youtube video, these ingredients are synergistically suppose to hit different pathways to reduce fat. He labeled it as Super Cardarine's replacement.

Taste N/A:

The product comes in capsule form and has no taste. Directions are to swallow the capsules, not break them open.

Mixability N/A:

Product is in capsule form, thus no mixing is required.

Dosing:

Pretty straightforward 2 capsules, once in the AM and 2 capsules once in the PM, that's it. 60 capsules in the bottle, 4 per day, will last you 15 days.

Effectiveness 2/10:

I kept my diet the same, water intake the same and added no additional cardio. I wanted the product to work for me. I'm sure people will differ, but based on the marketing of the product, I should see results based on the above.
I rated this a 2, mainly because the product did have an effect on me and I will dive right into it. Then I will delve into the effects that I did not notice or experience.

First off, a little about my bathroom history. I am very regular with poops, once a day first thing in the morning, I have been like this for 5 plus years. When I have introduced new supplements that have had an effect on this, its noticeable.
From day one of taking this product, my bathroom trips increased from 2 per day to 4 per day. One upon waking, then another about an hour of ingesting the first AM dose. Then in the PM, one about an hour after the 2nd dose and another about several hours later. The 4 per day was occurring the final week of the product.

Needless to say this was rather irritating and my toilet paper reserves were depleted quickly. There was nothing different about the poops or unusual. They seemed regular.

Now what I didn't experience:

My weight was within .2 pounds over the course of this bottle. So no huge weight loss. I checked the mirror often and experienced no leaning out. There was no increased desire to do cardio.
All in all zero noticeable fat loss or weight loss effects.

Value 2/10:

As of this review, A1 supplements has the product as a bogo at 49.99. That will last you 1 month, which is great, if the product worked.

Side Effects:

Please refer to the effectiveness section above for all the details.

Conclusion:

Pyretic was a total bust for me, with a side effect that was rather irritating. The 15 days on this product had me rather drained physically as a result. Maybe something internally was going on, however, it did not translate to any noticeable effects physically, not even weight wise.