Frankiemusc

• Member has been active for 8 years, and was last online this week

TROPHY CASE

Reviews by Frankiemusc

4.5
Thanks to Method Performance Supplements for sending it out!
  May 1, 2018

Pros:
 Cons:
  • No Crash
  • Non-prop Blend
  • Ineffective At 1 Scoop

Thank you to the SR troops program and the people at Method Performance Supplements for the opportunity to try their pre-workout named Hardwire. Pre-workouts are a staple for me as I need that extra push to get going as a 40+ year old. Also, I train between 4:30am and 5am during the work week. A cup of coffee just doesn't do it for me.

Why I chose this product:

The ingredient list was lengthy, included BCAAS, my favorite form of caffeine (di-caffeine malate), and an assortment of other goodies broken down into 6 different categories.

Looking for a ...

Expectations:

Looking for a new pwo to add to my arsenal, which would provide me with laser sharp focus and a nice kick of energy for my early am workouts, with its synergistic list of various ingredients for energy, mood, and mental focus.

27 ingredients in total, each fully disclosed amounts on a separate line item, which is a non-proprietary blend. I am not going to delve into each ingredient, however, I will focus on a couple for purpose of this review.

Vitamin and Mineral Blend

Hardwired Energy and Focus Complex:

Infinergy (Di-caffeine malate) 267 mg- This is personally my preferred caffeine form. This particular trademark of di-caffeine malate, is about 75% caffeine. For example, 100mg of Infinergy di-caffeine malate, 75mg of actual caffeine. The remainder if malic acid. Malic Acid helps potentially suppress the negative GI effect regular caffeine may have on a person's stomach.
I felt for one scoop this was a bit low, based on based success I have had with this form of caffeine.

Teacrine 250mg- This is a patent pending compound that contains pure Theacrine. This ingredient if similar to caffeine in terms of its mood enhancement and mental focus aspects. 100-400mg is the effective dosage range.

Coginitive Health and Function Complex

BCAA 2:1:1

Anti-Stress & Anti-oxidant Complex

Electrolyte Complex

Taste:

I received the Lime Colada flavor and I enjoyed it. Not an overly tart flavor, tasted like a decent 50-50 mix to my taste buds.

Mixability:

Mixed each scoop in a glass of about 10 ounces of water. Mixed pretty well, there was some small left over residue at the bottom of the glass each time.

Dosing:

1 scoop about 20-30 min before my workout and dabbled with 1.5 scoops for about a week.

One of my favorite pwo's had 400mg of di-caffeine malate. That is my sweet spot to date with that particular ingredient. Now Hardwire has an assortment of mental, energy and mood enhancing ingredients, which I was hoping would synergistically have a positive effect at one serving.

At 1 scoop the effectiveness for me was practically non-existent. A slight boost, if even that of energy, no increase in mental focus or increased mood. If at best, it felt like I had a cup of coffee, which doesn't do much if anything for me anymore. Each year I get older, training just before 5 am at 4 days during the work week, is getting more challenging. If a pwo is spot on, I can tell immediately.

After a ho-hum few weeks at 1 scoop, I increased the dosage to 1.5 scoops. The product truly shined at this dosage for me. The product kicked in after 15 minutes and my mind was game. Workouts were a breeze, almost felt effortless to get through the workout and I had a lot more energy in the tank. This is the effect I was hoping to have with all these ingredients at 1 scoop, unfortunately, 1.5 scoops was my sweet spot. I had laser sharp focus and was truly motivated to start my workout, and focused during my workout. I just wanted to keep going..

As of this review via a google search, the product is not distributed widely at all. I found this on their website or Amazon, both at $35.99. Not the best value for me at $1.19 per serving (30 servings), and definitely not good value based on my sweet spot with the product.

Side Effects

No side effects during the use of this product

Conclusion

At 1.5 scoops, I loved this product!!! Possibly one of the top 5 pre-workouts I have tried to date. But at 1 scoop, it was a disappointment for me. Maybe get rid of some of the extras, that may not be needed and focus on increasing the core ingredients of your product (Infinergy, Teacrine).

Overall
Thanks to Millennium Sport Technologies for sending it out!
  April 25, 2018

Pros:
 Cons:
  • Complete Profile
  • Non Proprietary Blend
  • 100% Of RDA
  • Underdosed Extras

Thank you to the SR troops program and the folks at Millenium Sport Technology for the opportunity to try their MVP 365 multi-vitamin. A daily muti-vitamin is a staple for me on a daily basis. I have tried dozens of different brands over the years, via various different forms (ie. capsule, hard pill, powder). Please remember, multi-vitamins are used to supplement your intake of vitamins and minerals from whole food sources.

Expectations:
As long as the mulit-vitamin has 100% of the recommended dosage, I am fine with that. Some multi-vitamins I have felt, via increased energy, however, the goal is that they have some underlying benefit which is probably impossible to gauge.

The product has a rather long list of 40 ingredients, contained in 4 capsules. It's a fully disclosed label for all 40 ingredients.

The Good:

The product has your staple 100% or more of your recommended daily allowance of A, C, D-3, E, K, thiamine, Riboflavin, Niacin, B-6, Folate, B-12, Biotin, D-clacium, Iodine. These are your staples.

The Meh:

Not going to run down the whole list, they threw in some fluff after the above staples, which isn't a bad thing, but they are a bit under dosed, and possibly not effective. For example Ashwagandha (sleep, energy, aphrodisiac) at 50mg. Some practitioners and studies indicate a minimum effective dosage of at least 300mg per day.

Taste: The product has no taste as it is in capsule form

Mixability: There is no mixing with the product as it is in capsule form

4 capsules is one serving

I took the product as directed 2 capsules in the morning with breakfast and 2 capsules with lunch
Based on this dosing it took me 30 days to complete the product, which is contained in each bottle

Very tough to rate the effectiveness, in general, for multi-vitamins. Some in the past I have felt, and some I have not, from a physical effectiveness perspective. MVP 365 had all the RDA percentages that I would look for in the main ingredients. The extra fluff ingredients are a nice addition, however many are quite under dosed and you are paying for them. Hopefully, the product had some underlying benefits for my body.

Value 6/10

The product can be purchased for $17.99 on All Star Health, but you have to purchase $50 or more. That's a decent price, but you have to buy other products.

Side Effects

No side effects during the use of this product

Conclusion

Not a bad multi-vitamin for around $22, which is about the lowest I have seen the price. I would buy it on sale, as there's a few other multi-vitamins I have had that are slightly cheaper without all the fluff.

Overall
Thanks to NutraBio for sending it out!
  April 13, 2018

• Right Ratio Of Aminos
  • Simple Product
  • No Prop Blends
  • No Dyes
  • Taste
  • Not Consistent
  • No Recovery

Thank you to the SR troops program and the people at NutraBio for the opportunity to try their BCAA 5000 product. BCAA's are a staple for me, which I consume on a daily basis, even on non-training days.

Expectations:

A 2:1:1 ration BCAA, that tastes decent. To reduce muscle soreness and improve recovery.

Why I selected this product:

I selected the product because I was looking to get back to the basics, a 2:1:1 ratio BCAA that doesn't have all the extra fluff in it. Also, because I have tried other NutraBio products, some with mixed results and wanted to see how their BCAA fared against them.

Ingredients all naturally fermented per the label:

L-Leucine: 2.5g
L-Iso-Leucine: 1.25g
L-Valine: 1.25g

About the ingredients:

Pretty straightforward product, no fillers, no dyes and a 2:1:1 BCAA ratio

Taste 6/10:

I received the watermelon flavor. Not the best tasting BCAA watermelon flavored product I have had. A middle of the road taste, however, with the simplicity of the product flavor seemed to be influenced. You can taste that the product is very clean and simple.

The taste was not sweet, slightly tart for my taste buds, at time questioning if the flavor was watermelon.

Mixability:

No issues mixing the product, even at two scoops. It dissolved very well in shaker with 24 ounces of water. There was no residue at the bottom of the shaker.

I did not try the product in a glass with a spoon, so I cannot comment on the mixability in that form of consumption.

Dosing:

2 scoops every day with 24 ounces of water in a shaker, whether it was intra workout, or first thing in the morning on an empty stomach.

Effectiveness 6/10

I have had a hit or miss history when it comes to physically noticing the effectiveness of BCAA's. Some products I could truly feel in reduction of muscle soreness, or improved recovery. Other I did not feel anything, but hope the product had some underlying benefit internally while dosing at 2 scoops.

With this product there were occasions when doing a new exercise where I felt muscle soreness was reduced, but it wasn't consistent. I am not sure if I can attribute this effect to the use of the product or not.

In terms of recovery, I didn't notice any difference while taking this product. That's not to say the product had no underlying benefit on my muscles in general.

Value 7/10

A google search has the 60 serving tub going for $29.99 at various online retailers, including NutraBio. That comes out to $1 per day if use only 1 scoop per day which is not bad for a reputable company. I used two scoops per day so my cost would have been $2 per day.

Side Effects

No GI issues or any other issues

Conclusion

A basic 2:1:1 ratio BCAA, with a higher quality fermented BCAA, no dyes. A straightforward and simple BCAA product from a reputable company. Not a bad value at $1 per day, based on quality alone. If I were to purchase this, I would probably scale back the dosage to 1 scoop per day.

Overall
Thanks to VMI Sports for sending it out!
  April 12, 2018

Pros:
 Cons:
  • Mixes Perfectly
  • Quality Ingredients
  • Non GMO
  • Very Good Taste
  • Not Sweet
  • Slightly Higher End Price Tag

Thank you to the SR troops program and the folks at VMI Sports Nutrition, for the opportunity to try their ProtoLyte 100% Whey Isolate. I consume a whey protein daily, either isolates, protein blends etc. as a supplement to my daily protein from whole food sources.

That the product tastes good and does not cause any GI issues

Why I selected this product:

I selected the product because I am a daily consumer of whey protein and the non-gmo, aspartame free aspects. Also, because I have never tried a protein from VMI Sports Nutrition.

----Ingredient ...

23 grams protein
Less than 1 gram of fat
1mg of cholesterol

About the ingredients:

Pretty straightforward 100% Whey Protein Isolate that has no aspartame and is gmo free

There is a TRAACS patented formula that includes chelated minerals and electrolytes

Taste 7/10:

I asked for and received (thank you) the chocolate fudge cookie flavor. It's a very light tasting (as the packaging states in the name lol), whey protein isolate in water. One can tell the flavoring is as natural as possible, not sweet at all, which wasn't a bad thing.

In whole milk, the taste is a little more pronounced, but not sweet at all. Enjoyable taste in either water or milk, depending on your marco needs.

Mixing was great in either water or milk, via a shaker cup. The product dissolved very well for me. Unfortunately, I did not try mixing it with a spoon in a glass.

Effectiveness 7/10

Whey protein in general is tough to gauge, in terms of effectiveness, unless it has some other ingredient like creatine for example. The product didn't cause any GI issues, which is a plus. I didn't notice any added benefits in terms of increased energy or increased muscle mass as a result. The product is just used to supplement your daily protein intake, in addition to your whole food protein intake.

A google search has the 1.6lb tub going for $34.99. An ok price, I mean you are paying for what you are getting. At this price point and 25 servings, that would be $1.39 per serving.

Side Effects

No GI side effects experienced

Conclusion

A nice clean tasting, good flavored higher end whey protein. A little pricey for my blood, however, if you're in the non-gmo crowd, this may be what you need.

(SR paid for product; Primeval Labs did not participate)
  March 7, 2018

Pros:
 Cons:
  • Pumps
  • Some Libido Boost
  • No Strength Gains
  • No Muscle Size Gains
  • No Joint Relief

Thank you to the SR troops program, for giving me the opportunity to try Primeval Labs product named Primavar. This is the second laxogenin product I have tried to date.

Why I selected this product:

I selected the product for two reasons. First being the Primeval Labs brand, I had a great experience with their Intracell product. Second, this product has a much higher dosage of laxogenin per capsule, than the prior product I tried from a different company.

Primeval Labs Claims (taken from their website):

Boosts endurance & stamina
Mitigates stress
Lowers cortisol levels

Expectations:
My expectations were, based on the higher dosage per capsule, would have better results in terms of strength than my first experience at a lower dosage.

Per 1 capsule: 125mg 5a-Hydroxy-Laxogenin

About the ingredient:

This is a plant derived steroid which is supposed to have the above effects listed in the claims section above

There is no absorption ingredient in this product due to it being ingested. From prior research I have done, Laxogenin is best absorbed transdermally.

Taste:

There is no taste to this product, as each serving is in capsule form

Not applicable per above

Dosing:

One capsule twice per day for optimal results (from label)

I took one capsule with breakfast and one capsule with dinner about 8 hours later

----Effectiveness: 5/10----

For the benefit of the review, I will break it down to several areas, based on my prior categories with a lower dosage. The prior product had 25mg capsules, which I took 6 per day or 150mg. This product has two capsules per day for a total of 250mg. So for those challenged in math, that's a 100mg extra per day.

Positive Effects-

Libido 5/10:

I am not sure this is directly related to the product or not, but its what I observed. I did have several spikes in libido while on the product, however it was not consistent. If I were to guess maybe 10 days out of the 30, various spikes than normal, after several days of use.

Muscle Fullness 8/10:

Muscles appeared much fuller with this product as well. Similar to having somewhat of a pump all day, which was great.

No Effects-

Strength Gains 1/10:

No strength gains to note here. No weight felt lighter or noticeably smoother during the lift.

Muscle Gains/Leaning Out 1/10:

I weighed within 1/2 pound from the start of this product, until the end. There was no noticeable leaning or body composition changes.

Joint Relief 1/10:

Was hoping for some relief for my left shoulder which has been a little strained the last few months, however, no relief in this area or any other joints from lifting.

----Value: 5/10----

As of this review, there is a true bogo on A1supplements for this product.
I would rate the value much higher, if I experienced better results.

Side Effects

No side effects experienced

Conclusion

Unfortunately, this higher dosage laxogenin product at 250mg per day, did not improve any of the expected claims for me. I was hoping the elevated dosage would benefit me. I will not be buying any laxogenin based products in the future, based on my experience.

Thanks to TOREM for sending it out!
  December 15, 2017

Pros:
 Cons:
  • Stimulant Free
  • Convenient Packaging
  • No Appetite Suppression

Thank you to the folks at Torem and the SR Troops program for the opportunity to try Neco-Adipem. Neco-Adipem is a stimulant free weight loss product. Apologies to the folks at Torem for this very late review. I actually used this product back to back, as I used the one from the SR Troops program first and then purchased one on my own via a solid deal.

Why I selected this product:

My experience in the weight loss/fat burning supplement category is very low. I simply have not tried that many products, since I bought my first protein powder back in the early 90's. At the time the product was posted on SR, there were many rave reviews, especially along the lines of significant weight loss from reviewers. So I was very inclined to try it, so much that I claimed the free one and saw a great deal at the time and purchased another one.

Expectations:

My expectations were to have similar weight loss results as other reviewers. Or possibly noticeable leaning out along the way
Companies Claim- KFB fat oxidation blend that helped our founder lose over 75lbs

There's 7 ingredients in this product, all of which the dosages are broken out in a non-proprietary blend. Personally I understand companies keeping their dosages undisclosed, as long as the product works.

Innoslim 250mg-supposed to regulate glucose absorption into the body, which in turn, is supposed to regulate fat gain

Pure Green Tea Extract 250mg-a staple in many fat loss products, which is suppose to have some fat/weight loss benefits

Garcina Combogia 100mg-this was all the rage when Dr Oz promoted it on one of his weight loss shows

Advantar Z 50 mg-should have appetite suppressant qualities

Capsimax 50mg-an extract from red hot chili peppers which is suppose to increase thermogenic activity in the body

Astigin 25mg- used to assist absorption of other ingredients

Taste:

There is no taste to this product, as each serving is in its individual packet and contains two capsules

Not applicable per above

Dosing:

Two servings one before breakfast and one before dinner is how I used the product

Please note I used two of these boxes consecutively and I kept my diet as close to the same for 60 days

Weight Loss 1/10:

Weighed in at 235 the morning I started this journey and ended up weighing 234 (quite normal for me). Yes, its just the scale, please read below for any body comp changes. Not even close to some of the weight other reviewers lost, while using this product. Quite disappointed in this aspect.

Appetite Suppressant 1/10:

I cannot say I felt my appetite feel suppressed during any day of this 60 day run.

Thermo effect 1/10:

No thermos effect experienced

Body Comp 1/10:

The scale reflected what I already knew with no weight loss experienced. I looked very closely in the mirror at each body part during this 60 day run. I didn't notice any leaning, or visible fat loss. Very disappointing.

Intangibles 2/10:

For a few weeks, I experienced an elevated mood or better concentration but I cannot directly say that this was an effect of this product.

As of this review, the product can be purchased for $55 at Amazon.com. You are most likely paying for the nice box and individual packages, as a result of that high cost.

I did purchase my other box for about $25 on pharmasoup.com a daily discounted supplement of the day website

Side Effects

No side effects experienced. I can't even say this product increased my bathroom trips, because it didn't

Conclusion

Compared the majority of other reviewers of this product, I was let down here. I felt cheated to be honest. My hope and expectations were very high, and with 2 boxes run back to back I was sure I would get some positive results.

Unfortunately, supplements do no work the same for everyone, and sadly I was that person which this product failed me, meh !!

Overall
Thanks to GDN Superstore for sending it out!
  November 3, 2017

Pros:
 Cons:
  • Easy 3 Pills
  • Some Decent Ingredients
  • Not Currently Available

Hello, thank you to the SR Trooper program and the folks at GDN Superstore for giving me the opportunity to try ADN's Daily 100 multi-vitamin. Apologies for the extremely late review. Multi-Vitamins are a staple for me. Please note, you just can't take a multi and neglect your vitamins, minerals etc from whole foods. It doesn't work that way.

A multi-vitamin is used to supplement your current diet, for vitamins, minerals etc., which you may be lacking.

As of this review, my go to is Opti-Men. I have taken a wide variety of multi-vitamins over the years. Some vitamins I can notice working, via increased energy, alertness etc, some I do not, but hope there is some underlying benefit to my body.

Why I chose this product:
Being that multi-vitamins are a staple for me, I figured why not tak the opportunity to try something new

Several dozen ingredients, which include vitamins, minerals, herbs, fruits. A pretty standard multi, which should not be hard on the wallet. The minerals are in a chelated form, which some research has shown to be better absorbed.
The non-prop ingredient dosages are pretty standard, which you would find in any multi-vitamin

The prop blend aka Energy & Joints stack is extremely low dosed ingredients. I am not sure if these would or would not have any effect, as they are rather low in milligrams.

As previous reviewers have stated the initial smell of the vitamins is very strong out of the bottle. However, you do not inhale the product folks, so please relax.

I took 3 pills once a day with breakfast, pretty straightforward.

As mentioned above, some multi-vitamins I could feel working, in terms of increased energy or alertness, others I could not. Unfortunately, with ADN I did not notice any positive physical effect from this product. So this was tough to gauge, hopefully the product had some underlying benefit to my body. I would think the doses here of the vitamins and minerals would supplement a current well balanced diet, with fruit and vegetables nicely. Just something possibly insignificant or not, I did not get a cold while taking this product or get sick. Please take that for what it's worth.

This product was $40 per month initially, however I cannot locate this product online for sale, it's not available at GDN or even Amazon, as of this review. So I cannot put a value on it and I will just put a 5 in the Value rating sections.

Side Effects

No side effects while taking this product

Conclusion

It's not a bad multi-vitamin for the profile. I cannot assign a value rating based on a 30 day supple, as I could not locate this product online as of this review.

Thanks to HAK Nutrition for sending it out!
  October 23, 2017

• Increased Focus
  • Transparent Label

Thank you to the folks at Hak Nutrition and the SR Troops program, for the opportunity to try Pre Hak. Pre Hak is a pre-workout product that contains ingredients for strength, pumps, energy, focus and fatigue reduction. Apologies for the extremely late review for this product.

Why I selected this product:
Pre-workouts are a staple for me. I use them before every workout session. As an aging male, I do not have the energy to get going like I used to, so I require that additional boost to get me going. The ingredient profile of this product was very intriguing to me. It was a unique array of ingredients for a wide range of uses.

Expectations:
My expectations were to obtain a solid kick of energy/focus, with nice muscle pumps.

The product contains a wide array of ingredients, several which are properly dosed according to scientific studies.

The product is broken down into 5 different categories, containing a total of 16 ingredients. I am not going to go into each specific ingredient. I will focus on the main ones:

Energy Amplifier: A nice 275 mg dose of caffeine Ahhydrous- this is within my sweet spot in terms of caffeine mgs

Explosive Strength- A nice one, two, three combo of Betaine, Creatine HCL and Taurine. Although some a little under dosed (Betaine), I think synergistically they work well together.

Fatigue Fighter- Standard BCAA dosage 2:1:1 and 2 grams of Carnosyn-nice addition to a pre-workout formula

Focus Igniter: Standard 100mg of Theanine and standard Tyrosine- that should do the job in terms of focus

Pump Matrix- 6 grams of Citrulline DL Malate- I do not need to say more, this is an effective clinical dosage

And contains 5 mg of Bioperine for absorption

Taste:
The product comes in two different flavors, Raspberry Lemonade and Green Apple. I received the Raspberry Lemonade flavor, as it's one of my favorites and it was rather enjoyable.

I would rate the flavor an 8/10, I enjoyed it each and every time. Didn't get tired of this flavor.

Mixability:

I mixed the product in 8 ounces of water. The product dissolved very well and the flavor was strong. The label states to use 12 ounces of water, however, I hate downing that much water before my workout.

Dosing:

I scoop with 8 ounces of water 30 minutes before my workout.

For the benefit of the review, I will break it down to several areas based on the 5 different ingredient categories:

Energy Amplifier 8/10:

One scoop did the job for me here. Solid and clean energy, no need for more than one scoop or less than one scoop. Energy kicked in on the car ride to the gym, so when I arrived I was good to go. The energy along with the focus below was a nice one two punch.

Explosive Strength 5/10:

I can't say I noticed anything more than a gradual strength increase with this product. Nothing out of the ordinary or anything that would raise an eyebrow while lifting.

Fatigue Fighter 7/10:

As opposed to not taking any BCAA, I feel the product did help me recover somewhat better post workout. I wasn't as tired, as opposed to taking straight up caffeine or not taking an intra workout.

Pump Matrix 8.5/10:

Great pumps with this product. 6 grams of Citrulline Malate does the job here. When you train back and only back and your biceps are pumped as poo, that's a noticeable/effective pump product.

Focus Igniter 8/10:

Great tunnel vision, very focused on the task at hand with these ingredients. Everything seemed more clear in my mind. Some carry over to my work day an hour or so into the day. Felt like I listened more closely and was not in a partial fog.

The product can be bought from Hak Nutrition for $39.99. A high price, but you get what you are paying for in the array of ingredients in this product. I almost feel its somewhat warranted, because you may not need a separate BCAA product.

Side Effects

I experienced no side effects while using this product. No crash etc

Conclusion

You are paying for what you get, a wide assortment of ingredients, over 5 different noticeable categories: Energy, Focus, Pump, Fatigue Reducer and Strength. I thoroughly enjoyed this product and would purchase it in the future. I love the fact that I could possibly eliminate a BCAA from my stack, when taking this product.

Thanks to HAK Nutrition for sending it out!
  October 2, 2017

Pros:
 Cons:
  • Better Recovery
  • Reduced DOMs
  • Tastes Awesome

Thank you to the folks at Hak Nutrition and the SR Troops program, for the opportunity to try Post Hak. Post Hak is a recovery product that contains recovery based ingredients. Apologies for the extremely late review for this product.

---Why I selected this product---

I am not getting any younger and require as much needed assistance to help me recover and replenish my energy levels. I picked this product because, in addition to my staple BCAA's it contains numerous other ingredients that can aid and enhance recovery.

---Expectations---

My expectations were to ex...

---Why I selected this product---

---Expectations---

My expectations were to experience recovery and restored energy levels while taking this product. I expected it to be more recovery than my favorite BCAA.

The product contains the correct ingredients for recovery, yet falls a little short on the proven dosages for some in my opinion (L-Citruline) and L-Carnitine Tartrate. However, I feel the goal here was that they would work synergistically, in terms of effectiveness. Sometimes that strategy works, sometime it doesn't.

The product is broken down into two main categories below:

Size a Strength Growth-

L-Glutamine 3 grams
Cherry Pure Powder 480 mg
Magnesium Glutimane 400 mg
And contains 5 mg of Bioperine for absorption

Taste:

The product comes in two different flavors, Peach Mango and Watermelon. I received the Watermelon flavor, as it's my preferred flavor and was spot on for me.

This product did not disappoint in the flavor department. I would rate the water melon flavor a solid 8, very enjoyable.

Mixability:

I mixed the product in a 24 ounces shaker with some ice. There was minimal residue and a few more shakes while drinking, did the trick in dissolving the residue.

Dosing:

I used the product as an intra-workout drink and completed each serving, just prior to ending my workout. So figure it was consumed in about 1 hour. Sipping it while in the midst of my training.

Recovery 8/10:

After the first several days of taking the product, I noticed increased recovery outside the gym. Normally, after a workout, I am spent and a bit tired. I felt a more elevated sense of recovery, which was more than welcome.

Muscle Soreness 8/10:

Although some studies claim glutamine as ineffective, I always noticed reduced muscle soreness when taking as little as several grams. Not 100% sure if this ingredient alone helped me, however, when I increased the weights, or added a new exercise, I was noticeably less sore.

Endurance 7/10:

While taking the product after several days, I noticed a bit more stamina left in the tank to do more during the gym. I didn't take advantage of it, because I am a believer in overtraining. Just something to note.

Strength/Size 3/10:

I didn't notice any strength gain or size increases while on the product.

The product can be bought from Hak Nutrition for $29.99 for 25 servings. That's about $1.20 per serving. Based on the above effectiveness, I think that's some solid value.

Side Effects

I experienced no side effects while using this product. However, several days after using the product, my recovery and endurance were noticeably less.

Conclusion

Based on the above effectiveness experienced, I would recommend this product. It was very positive for me in several areas and that's exactly what I like to experience when taking a recovery based product. I am looking forward to using this product again.

Thanks to Zhou Nutrition for sending it out!
  August 1, 2017

Pros:
 Cons:
  • None
  • Under-dosed Key Ingredients
  • Not Effective In Any Area
---Introduction---

Thank you to the folks at Zhou Nutrition and the SR Troops program for the opportunity to try Zhou Nutiriton's product, Boost Elite. This product is a natural testosterone booster and contains ingredients that may boost testosterone or libido.

Why I selected this product:

As a male approaching the ripe old age of 43, I am always looking for that extra test boost, via natural products. My go to is DAA. When test boosters work, it's very noticeable to me, whether it's a slight boost in aggression, increased libido, more energy, mood enhancing etc.

After doing some sear...
---Introduction---

Why I selected this product:

After doing some searches on this product, I saw all the rave reviews on Amazon and said, I have to try this and give some honest feedback.

Expectations:

My expectations were very high, based on all the positive reviews of this product. As of this review, Amazon has almost 2,000 reviews of this product and an average of 4 of 5 star rating of those reviews. That's very impressive.

---Ingredient Profile---

A combination of potential test boosting ingredients, as well as libido increasing ingredients. Not going to delve into all the ingredients, as it will just be a duplication of what others have stated. I will focus on the main one's for me.

Tribulus Terrestris 500mg- I have heard people say this has some test boosting properties, depending on the type or where it's from. Personally I have never had any results from it

Horny Goat Weed 400mg- This product is known to enhance libido. I have had mixed results in the past with this ingredient.

Fenugreek Seed Extract 300 mg- I have had some success with this ingredient in the past, in combination with other test boosting ingredients.

An interesting mix of ingredients on the label for this product. I guess the hope was, although many under dosed, that they would work synergistically together.

---Taste/Mixability/Dosing---

Taste:

These are in capsule form, so taste is not applicable here.

Mixability:

These are in capsule form, so mixability is not applicable here.

Dosing (The Benefit of the Doubt Test Dosing):

Now I normally follow the low end dosage instructions when it comes to test boosters, however, based on my age and being able to confirm that a specific test booster has noticeable effects, I switched it up here.

Most of the ingredients are under dosed, so I took 3 capsules upon waking and another 3 about 6 hours later. This was mentioned on the label as well. The product would last me only 15 days, but I was hoping for a fast track to some test boosting effects.

---Effectiveness---

For the benefit of the review, I will break it down to several areas:

Libido- Total bust here, even at doubling the dosages.

Now I expected something in terms of a libido boost because I have taken similar ingredients as stand alones and have had noticeable effects of increased libido. Unfortunately little Frankie had no benefit in this aspect of the product.

Mood- Total bust category number two.

No increased mood, elevated feeling, motivation or increased desire to lift weights when in the gym, nothing.

Energy- Total bust number 3.

I experienced no increased energy, no better sleep patterns, nothing.

---Value---

This product can be purchased, I think only on Amazon at $32.99, for 30 servings or 3 capsules per day. I cannot say this is good value, as I experienced no added benefit from this product.

---Side Effects---

I did experience some anxiety the first several days of using the product, due to the Yohimbe Bark Extract. This was normal for me, as I have similar side effects from this ingredient always.

---Conclusion--

As a 42 year old male on the downward slope of his prime, it's very easy for me to tell if a test booster is working. Sadly, this product did absolutely nothing for me. I felt as if I were taking a sugar pill, zero positive effects.
I would not consider purchasing this product or recommending it to anyone.