FlyJay

• Member has only posted 3 reviews

Reviews by FlyJay

March 22, 2015

Pros:
 Cons:
  • Improved Recovery
  • Taste
  • Dyes
  • Scooper Is Too Wide For Tub

What's up SR! Big shout out and thanks to DanTheManski and Evlution Nutrition for allowing me to review their BCAA product, A-10! A-10 is an amino matrix product that can be used as an intra and post workout supplement. For the purpose of this review, I used A-10 as an intra-workout supplement.

Evlution Nutrition provided full disclosure of the ingredients in A-10, which I find to be very helpful when evaluating a product.
A-10 has roughly 10g of BCAAs, hence the name “A-10”. Here’s a quick breakdown of the amino profile:

4:1:1 BCAA Matr...

4:1:1 BCAA Matrix – 3g
“Muscle Ammo” – 3g
Recovery Blend – 3g
Neuro(logical) Support – 1g

Additionally A-10 also has potassium, vitamin C, and vitamin D3. The product advertises that it:
- promotes recovery
- promotes muscle endurance
- promotes protein synthesis
- is anti-catabolic
- is gluten free

Taste
BR – 6.5/10
Blue raspberry wasn’t really the blue raspberry I was expecting. I hoped to find a sweet and tart flavor, but was instead met with something completely different. To my surprise, it reminded me more of the fluffy blue cotton candy found at a fair. I also noticed a slight “film” on my tongue. This flavor isn’t bad, I just don’t know if I’d call it blue raspberry.

RL – 9.5/10
One of the best raspberry lemonade flavors I’ve had so far. The taste is very refreshing and provides a “clean” feeling. It has a slightly tart raspberry taste at the beginning, which is then followed by smooth lemonade. This was especially nice to have in between heavy sets or HIIT cardio, as it gave me motivation to continue so I could reward myself with another sip. I thoroughly enjoyed every bit of this.

Mixability
A-10 mixed pretty easily with cold water. I didn’t try it with any sports drinks but water worked just fine. The powder would start dissolving without any shaking, then completely mix when the bottle was shaken. The recommended amount of water per serving is 12-14oz, however I usually had about 18-24oz and didn’t notice any dilution issues.

The serving size is one scoop, which is actually a pretty large scoop of nearly 13g. I do have one complaint with the shape of the tub/size of the scooper. It can be somewhat difficult to get a full scoop on one try when down to the last 10 or so servings. I think this is because the scooper is too wide for the tub. Like mentioned in the intro, I used A-10 as an intra-workout so it was consumed during my workouts.

I’ll break this section down into a few parts.

Endurance:
This was a hit or miss for different body parts. I noticed that I could do more reps with accessory exercises such as calf raises or bicep curls but nothing really changed for compound movements (squat, deadlift, etc). However, I do think A-10 helped me with cardio. I usually do 15 minutes HIIT cardio and would normally be pretty exhausted by the end of those 15 minutes. While using A-10 I felt like I could push myself more during the HIIT cardio.

Recovery:
Recovery time definitely decreased. Instead of taking 3-5 minutes rest between heavy sets on power days I was able to reduce that time to about 1-2 minutes. This was nice, especially on days where I was rushed on time.

Soreness:
I don’t normally get that sore, but will sometimes ache after doing a heavy leg day. I noticed less soreness after a heavy leg day which I attribute to the recovery blend in A-10.

The average price for 30 servings seems to be about $25, which puts it on the more cost effective side per serving. I think this is a competitive price for A-10.

Side Effects

A concern for A-10 is the amount of dye (ie. FD&C Red 40) used to color the powder. I personally don’t think it’s a big deal, but it could be removed and wouldn’t affect the effectiveness.

Conclusion

I was disappointed when I reached the bottom of the tub as I enjoyed using A-10. It can also be used as a post workout supplement and I found myself using it as that as well as an intra-workout. The price is competitive and the product works well. I would recommend to anyone looking to decrease his or her recovery time and increase endurance.

Thanks again to DanTheManski and Evlution Nutrition!

December 9, 2014

Pros:
 Cons:
  • No Bloating
  • No Water Retention
  • Mixability
This was my first time trying a new creatine supplement. I had previously been using EFX Kre-Alkalyn until I stumbled across RSP's Creade. I just recently finished my first tub of Creade and am pretty satisfied with the results.

Stacked with:

RSP BCAA
Fish Oil
Taurine
Multis

I had originally ordered it because of previous RSP products that I liked. The ingredient label seemed a little overwhelming at first, after all it's just supposed to be creatine monohydrate. However, a lot of the ingredients are just variations of creatine blends. RSP states that it's a "matrix of five forms of micronized creatine". Apparently, when combined with their "Creade Transport Matrix", this helps deliver the creatine more directly and efficiently. Seems like it could edge on the side of "broscience", but I feel like the creatine was pretty well absorbed by my body.

Taste is phenomenal. I had the lemon lime flavor and it was by far the smoothest and "cleanest" tasting supplement I've ever tried. Not too sugary but sweet enough to be refreshing. I look forward to drinking it. Mixability is okay. They recommend 6-8oz water. Cold water left the drink grainy but still tasting great. Using warm water yielded a much more evenly mixed drink. Drinking warm water isn't really my favorite though. Each serving is about 5.5g. In regards to dosing, RSP's Creade contains 4g of the "creatine matrix" and 1g of the "transport matrix".

My lifts definitely increased. Being on a bulk, I feel Creade helped me push harder in the gym and recover outside of the gym. I noticed an increase in muscle mass and size, but not as big as I expected. I did however have more energy in the gym. This is why I put the effectiveness at 7.

Value is on point. I found the 50 servings for about $25. Pretty cost effective. This is why I put the value at 9.

No bloating really occurred. I aimed for about a gallon of water a day to keep my body and muscles hydrated and did not see any bloating. Some days I would drink more than a gallon, and could notice a smaller increase in size.

Overall pretty solid product. Really enjoyed using it and will probably order it again. Recommend for anyone looking to change up their creatine and try something different.

December 2, 2014

• Easy To Mix

Relatively new to SR, been working out seriously for a year or so now.

Macro breakdown is pretty solid, I like the amount of calories and fat in this protein. Seems like a good balance.

Relatively new to SR, been working out seriously for a year or so now.

One scoop is about a normal size compared to other proteins I've tried. Taste is absolutely awesome. The snicker doodle tastes pretty much like a snicker doodle cookie melting in your mouth. I had originally tried cookies and cream, which is good but not as great. Mixability is no problem, just don't add too much water/milk/liquid.

So far I've enjoyed using PES Select. It helps fill my daily macros and seems to be effective with gains.

Price point seems to be alright, averaging about $1/serving.

Side Effects

n/a

Conclusion

Solid protein for the money. Taste is definitely the best I've had.