Faymus

• Reputation is somewhat low. (+15)
  • Was an active member for 3 years, but hasn't been online since October, 2015
  • Member has only posted 5 reviews
  • Low community participation

Reviews by Faymus

August 19, 2015

Pros:
 Cons:
  • Great Recovery
  • Tastes Awesome
  • Slightly Expensive

So presently, I am 260 LBs with a higher BF%. When I was dieting prior to moving due to a client I picked up, I was around 220 with a very low BF% and going to the gym 6-7 days of the week for roughly an hour each visit. This is when I initially had been using the Platinum Hydrowhey by Optimum Nutrition. It was actually suggested to me by a sponsored athlete of another company, so for him to suggest something outside of the brand he represented, was to me an indicator of a good/successful product. I am now using this protein again as I am dieting and hoping to get back into my old ways.

I can't really say too much about the ingredient profile as I am not an expert in any way to supplement ingredients. I know the basics however which to me, it seems as though is enough to get me by.

I do know, and the trainer also had mentioned to me, that Hydrolyzed Whey Protein Isolates (which is the first ingredient on the label) are of very high quality in this product and will also provide a quicker recovery. This had me intrigued alongside the faster digestion of the protein. To me, and from what I have learned, the ingredient profile on this product is of a very high standard.

The taste of this product is great. I always liked it, and even my significant other has it here and there because she thinks it tastes like a "healthy shake" in her words.

I have tried around 4 flavors although I only have two on me right now that I can comment with clarity on.

I always freeze my protein shakes for a little bit prior to drinking them, because I like the "shake" texture the ice brings after shaking it up a bit. This however doesn't need to be done although I still do it anyways. This may effect my taste a little bit on both the flavors however they both taste superb. I have tried them both when not frozen, and I do get a small, and I mean minuscule, chalky taste afterward but that's expected in any and all protein powders. I find it to be much more subtle than the others I have tried.

This protein has definitely helped aid in recovery. I had it after each workout and I can say that my recovery had some good improvements while using this protein. It's really hard to judge having taking it some time ago, but I do recall my recoveries going very smoothly allowing me to workout 6-7 days a week.

So you get what you pay for, this stuff is great. I do have to complain about the price a bit because the price is rather high. I don't think there is much to say other than if you are able to afford it with ease, it's definitely worth it. Having been told by my trainer to get this type of protein, I was a bit shocked by the price, but overall, I understand why it was suggested and didn't have an issue paying the cost for it.

Conclusion

Overall, this is my go to protein now. I went through 3-4 other proteins prior to using this, and although I will be paying a bit more, I think it's worth it. I would highly recommend this to those who are able to afford it and to serious athletes who will see great benefits from the quicker recovery benefits.

• Mixes Well
  • No Cons
This is my first product review since a while back so keep with me here. I chose this first for a reason, and that reason being that whey is almost a necessity in every-bodies supplement regime.

This product is one that I will stand by and I highly doubt I will be switching from it anytime soon.

I originally had been taking Combat Powder for my protein, which all in all was alright, and at the time seemed to be the best choice for me, but boy was I wrong. I had a taste of the Espresso Flavor from this Optimum Whey and I was blown away. The taste was incredible, and I have not found a protein powder match the taste of ON Whey to this day. I have been taking ON 100% Whey now for roughly 4-5 months.

I lift 4 times a week and do cardio 3-4 times a week depending on how my weight fluctuates from time to time during a bulk or a cut phase.

I have a separate diet for Lifting days, and days I do not lift. Each day consists of one protein shake with oats added. Having a protein shake everyday means you really want to find one that has a price tag easy on your wallet as well as a taste that lights up your taste buds.

Separating each category this is how I would go ahead and rate ON 100% Whey:

Mixability - 10/10
Never have I found any chunks or even little pieces of powder inside my shake. I use a shaker bottle and it always comes out perfect.

Taste -

Espresso - 10/10
I must say the espresso is phenomenal. I cannot even begin to explain the many opportunities you can have with this flavor. You can use coffee to mix with it, any type of oats mix well, the list goes on and on. I use water to mix my whey, so it goes to show this stuff really tastes great. If your a fan of bananas, get the weight control oats from Quaker in banana flavor, mix your water and whey up, stick it in the freezer for about an hour and a half, and then take it out and pour a packet of the banana oats in. It tastes like a chocolate banana milkshake.

Graham Cracker - 5/10
This was a BB.com exclusive flavor that I wanted to give a shot. I was really not a fan of this flavor one bit. It smells fantastic however after you mix it up, it just has that chalky powdery taste to it. Don't get me wrong, it mixes well, but it is just very bland tasting.

Effectiveness - 9/10
The only reason I am going to give this a 9/10 is simply because I know there are others out there that are a bit more expensive although the cost is much steeper than I'd like to pay. This protein does what it is supposed to do. It is as simple as that.

Cost - 10/10
You really won't find a much better deal. Period.

What to change: Honestly, I wouldn't change a thing about this. The price is great, the taste is phenomenal and overall I could not be happier with a product that I will be using everyday.

I just want everybody to know that if you don't like the first flavor you try, give a different flavor a shot. Some people have different preferences, so what I may like, you may be disgusted by and vice-verse. It's all up to what you like most. I for one never dare touch fruit flavored whey whereas others really enjoy them. Just give a few flavors a chance. The same goes for almost all proteins out there.

Pros:
 Cons:
  • Incredible Mental Stimulation
  • Insane Focus
  • Tunnel Vision
  • No Upset Stomach
  • No Crash
  • Crazy Energy
  • Hard Time Sleeping
Let me first say, Craze is about the fifth pre-workout I have given a chance with. Thankfully I will no longer be needing any other pre-workouts after this.

I want to share with you a recent experience I had just about 2-3 days ago. I went to the gym about 45 minutes to an hour after my whey shake, and started to workout. I had noticed something a bit strage that I hadn't for a long time. It was a simple lack of motivation. One thing you should know about me is that I almost NEVER lack motivation to go to the gym. The gym, sadly to some, is my life, and I live for going to the gym at night. As you can imagine I was sitting on the lat pull-down machine and I couldn't really tell what was wrong with me. I just felt a bit strange and not like I normally did when I was at the gym. I was pulling and struggling a bit more than I typically would and it was making my motivation lack even more. It then struck me. I forgot to take my Craze. Everything made sense at that point, and it hit me that the Craze really improves my gym experience more than I had originally thought it did.

It's hard for me to review this product because I feel as though no matter how hard I try I won't be able to explain how great this product has been to me. To some, relying on a pre-workout may be a bad thing, but to me, I could care less as I enjoy having an extra boost in the gym.

I have been taking craze now for a good 5 months, possibly more.

Here is how things stand for me:

Effectiveness - 10/10
As a note, I take 2 scoops. Nothing will ever compare to this pre-workout for me. I have tried numerous products before this and although some may have worked, none have matched up to the quality boost I get from Craze. Some boosted me quite well though may have not worked as well after a few weeks. Craze has never let me down and it still works just as good as it did from day one. The effect I get from this product is one that I can no longer live without and I am extremely grateful to have found this product.

Taste - 4/10
Alright, so I have been talking highly of Craze for a while now, but this is where things start to get a little iffy. The taste is absolutely horrid. I honestly cannot stress how tough your taste buds are going to have to be to take this down. I try to put the least amount of water I can just to mix perfectly to the point where I can just down it in a few seconds while cringing after it is all finished. I have given every flavor a try and to be honest, they are all almost equally as bad as the rest, so I won't be rating them separately. If you want a slight edge in taste go for the berry lemonade.

Value - 7/10
I am not too keen on spending money since I am quite the cheapskate. The problem I have is that I love this stuff so much that I have to buy it over and over again before it runs out. It is really hard for me to give this a 7/10 simply because I feel as though I am being unfair because I almost rely on this stuff now to get through my workouts. I however must give this a 7/10 because others out there may consider this to be an optional supplement in their regime and may opt for a cheaper alternative. Let me say this, it is worth every penny however it is one of those things where it does add up over time to a point where it is almost like an addiction, and you MUST part with your money for it. You pay a lot for not too many servings but hey, I can't complain, I need this stuff!

Lastly I want to go ahead and mention that if you try to sleep after taking this stuff, you might as well not even bother going to the bedroom and even trying. I take this stuff at around 1-3am because that is around when I go to workout and when I get home, it doesn't matter if I haven't slept all day, I can stay up for a good 5 extra hours at least with no problem. It keeps me wide awake. It may be a bad thing for some people however I enjoy being able to go home and work online with that extra focus.

Pros:
 Cons:
  • Dries You Out
  • More Libido
  • Fat Loss
  • Removes Water Weight
  • Increased Visible Vascularity
  • Makes Joints Hurt I Took Too Much
I'm going to start by saying that I took this product quite some time ago. I see they have released a pro version so I am completely unaware if there was some type of formula change since I have taken it. I doubt there has been but I just want everyone to know I took this product roughly a year and a half ago.

PES really did impress me with this one. I had been living alone for some time with nothing to do so I dedicated a huge part of my life to working out. I had been very lean at the time (Formerly being fat as a kid) and had problems with my chest area being a much fatter than the average male and my abdomen had held a bit of extra unwanted fat that I was having trouble getting rid of.

I had started with the suggested dose but eventually ended up taking 2 pills above the suggested dose. The effects were much better than I had expected to ever see. My vascularity was through the roof. My veins were popping everywhere and it was new to me at the time so I couldn't resist going to the mirror in my house every so often. I couldn't believe how dry I ended up looking after taking this. I also noticed my chest fat was seeming to decrease slowly and I also had a small visible cut going down to define my abs a bit more. One great effect this had was that my sides lost a TON of fat which was nice to see considering for some reason my sides never seem to slim down. I had a nice V-taper going on. I was leaning out quite nicely and the dryness was incredible. At the time this was my favorite supplement I had ever taken, I was just so impressed. I must not forget to mention, the libido boost was fantastic. I mean absolutely amazing. My libido was through he roof.

Obviously, some of this was credited to my strict diet, but I feel as though the erase played a great part in seeing the results I had gotten.

Here is basically how I would break things down:

Effectiveness - 9/10
This stuff really did dry me up. I lost a bit of chest fat and got cut up a bit in the abdomen. My sides also lost a TON of size which was great. I have to credit a bit of it to my diet, but for some reason I just know that Erase deserves a lot of credit for the vascularity and dryness I had seen. I had never seen much vascularity at all until I started Erase, so I know it helped out a great deal in that department, that is for sure. The libido effects are incredible. Never seen anything like it.

Side Effects - 6/10
Alright, so I don't think it is very fair for me to be too harsh on the side effects due to me taking the suggested dose a little higher than it should have been, however the joints were very dry after I took Erase. I could feel joint pain very easily. I have a hard time noticing sides from many supplements, but let me tell you something, you will know when your joints are aching!

Value - 10/10
You get a great deal no matter what on this. This product is so ridiculously cheap that it is definitely worth a shot. I got this when it first came out and it was cheap then. I know it is still priced cheap if not even cheaper than it was before.

I will definitely be giving Erase Pro a shot in the future. This is the product that sparked my interest in PES and, to me, made them seem like a very reputable company.