FRIDGE

TROPHY CASE

Reviews by FRIDGE

October 30, 2018

Pros:
 Cons:
  • Improved Intensity
  • No Crash
  • Poor Endurance
  • No Pumps
  • Focus Needs Improving
  • Clinically Under Dosed
  • Can Be A Bit Too Strong For Those Stim Sensitive
  • Jitters

Unsurprisingly this is a hype pre that's definitely not worth buying, there's so many better pre workouts to choose from.

Hey peeps, decided I will slide in another review before this month ends. Clearly I'm a man on mission lol, having Mutant in the local market has caused quite a stir as they are pushed and pushed here, to be fair I like the look of their isolate and whey protein, you basically can't stuff that up if the flavor is good and apparently but the rest of the stuff is severely unimpressive and underdosed... oh well let's get this Madness over wid!

Serving size 1 scoop (7.5g)

Energy 21kj

Beta alanine instantized carnosyn brand 1250mg
Taurine/L-tyrosine 2:1 blend 1000mg
Malic-citric Acid blend 600mg
5- caffeine + polyphenol/egcg matrix 500mg
Coffee arabica bran extract (333mg), green tea leaf (92mg) (source of polyphenols, egcg), white tea leaf extract (25mg), black tea leaf extract (25mg), green coffee bean extract (25mg) (total caffeine 330mg/serving)
Amplification matrix 65mg
L-theanine (30mg),olive leaf extract (20% oleuropein)(20mg), cinnamon (10mg), bioperine 5mg

Damn that's a lot of mumbo jumbo to sort through, I will say these 2:1 blends etc are confusing to a newbie and seriously it wouldn't take much to sort out. I am really really unimpressed by the entire profile except the total caffeine content. You will see that my favorites (L-citrulline and beta alanine) are severally under dosed and the L-arginine is literally pointless since it's not on par with the 6g of the optimal l-citrulline dosage. There is just so much wrong here - but anywho... it's best to keep it simple and clinical something.

I was expecting the taste to be great since all these athletes claim "it's so delicious" etc. I purchased the peach mango flavor in hopes it would taste as great as it sounds... well basically it's very average it has that standard peppery harsh taste of the bioperine which detracts from the entire taste and makes this taste somewhat savory lol - definitely "not delicious", it has an undertone of sweetness but the tart peppery taste overwhelms it! I would add a level scoop to 200ml of water as I prefer to down it and not savor it. It mixed well but like most pres it had gritty settlement that was nasty at the end

Mmmm not much to really say here, but simply I wasn't surprised as this was a let down and a half. From what the claims were and feedback of it being great blah blah I just think it should be illegal lol coz your gonna get people who have no clue what to look for in a pre buy this. I know you may be asking "but fridge you dumbass you bought this" to answer that pending question is simple I bought it since it never really clashed with my blue juice and knowing hardly anyone would be buying blue juice it's important to rate this as a pre.

So yo anyways the energy is good, I won't lie it can be a bit of a weird intense rush (nearly anxious) but once you hit the weights it normalizes I would say 2 scoops IMO would be stupid. I noticed no crash which was great for a higher stim pre - crash always tends to be a concern but not here. Naturally intensity was improved a bit as well. The focus was very very poor I felt like it would really improve on this point tyrosine was underdosed imo since I do use the raw variant and 750mg is the sweet spot for me. The pumps were literally none existent since I gauged this without blue blood (I was angry and bitter when I used this without any intra). The endurance element was also way below average, but with the underdosing of so many ingredients this did not shock me.

This does retails for around $43 here (R630) which is insane since it's so underwhelming and lacks basically everything besides energy and intensity. It's around $1,40 a scoop which is epic since you'd need several scoops to get some clinical dosing here. Simply this is way way way over priced and there are so many better options it's ridiculous.

Side Effects

The only concern here could be the energy is rather strong and a bit overwhelming if your battling with anxiety etc it can cause nervousness but it should pass after the 3rd or 4th day of using it I found, clearly caffeine anhydrous is a better option imo. I hate jitters and this stuff is pretty strong with over 300mg of total caffeine.

Conclusion

Just NO. It's the worst pre I have used to date, I did have my reasoning to buy this but I guess I let myself down. With the prospect of no pumps, nearly no endurance and slight pinch of focus and a hard hitting "no-crash" energy rush this fails hard. I'd recommended to stay away from it, if it looks shitty with underdosed ingredients then it is... Shitty. It's simply Madness how I even bought this and more so how they push this. This can be the pre that would literally scare you away from pres lol.

October 29, 2018

Pros:
 Cons:
  • Improved Hydration
  • Premium Look And Packaging
  • No Prop Blend
  • Full Transparency
  • Slight Improvement In Focus
  • Good Pumps
  • Great Muscle Fullness
  • Improved Endurance
  • Pricey
  • Makes Having A Clinical Pre Virtually Impossible
  • Odd Ingredients
  • Underdosed If Not Used With Blue Blood
  • Contains Waxy Maize And Fructose

A very difficult intra to use if you have a well dosed pre workout supplement. A very complex intra that's a step up from the norm but more doesn't mean better!

Hey Sr Fam. Back again with a review on USNs blue juice. I got this against my good judgements because I did like the profile and the idea of a very unique intra - Intras to me, are undervalued and overlooked. I was adamant that this was gonna be good but at the same time skeptical as I opted to lay off a good pre. My approach will be a lil different as I try to make this shorter yet sweeter.

Serving size 1 scoop (44g)
Servings per container 20

Electrolyte & hydration Reload stack
Sodium bicarbonate 300mg
Coconut water powder 250mg
Monopotassium phosphate 150mg

Tjo okay now there's a lot going on in here, especially for an intra. I like the additions of glycerpump, betaine and the catabolic growth stack. To me the carb matrix is on the cheaper side as it's pretty sad to see maltodextrin outweigh cyclic
Dextrin - the addition of fructose isn't desired to be honest. The taurine is also very high at 2g which is cool if your only using this but if you have a good pre and post workout chances are your gonna have a bad time with too much taurine. Choline bitartrate is also there but again if your like me and using a standard pre this would likely clash. Overall this is a really great intra it's got your hydration elements, endurance, pump, focus and recovery all sorted but if your on stim break or prepping, but if your just living life and loving pres it's not the best.

I am not going to lie I was expecting blue juice to taste horrible since blue blood was really a major let down. I purchased the Red Redemption flavor in hope it would taste good being I am a fan of fruit pump (I was assuming). It was a surprise that this tasted good - it's a hybrid of raspberry jelly and fruit punch, it's rather a tad sweet with a slight aftertaste - still surpassed my expectations as it was pleasing to drink throughout every workout. Mixability was really decent with no complaints at all, one thorough shake and I was good, no floaties or grittiness to report. I would add 1 scoop of blue juice to 400ml of water and sip throughout my workouts.

This product looked great on paper but as mentioned it's tricky to mix with a good pre. But sipping on this was really good - the pumps were really really great on this, albeit the L-citrulline is severely undosed but this was meant to coincide with their blue blood, the carbohydrate matrix made for a really fuller experience that had me feeling swole af, clearly gylcerpump doing its rounds again. One odd thing is that you do not notice the beta alanine at all, very seldom tingles... The hydration was decent along with reduced fatigue which had me training slightly longer than normal with more reps than usual. It would be hard to judge blue juice with a solid pre but as a standalone to black coffee I felt it is really a contender for one of the most complex intras I have used. Focus was slightly improved but nothing major. I did feel my recovery was improved as muscle soreness wasn't such an issue, nothing major again but noticeable. This is a product I feel more suited to those involved in sports that need improved endurance and hydration because I ain't gonna substitute this over a clinical pre thats for sure.

A tub consists of 20 servings which goes for around $36 ($1.80 per serving) it may sound like a lot but it does try to do everything and beyond in an intra. But it's a bit underdosed in the L-citrulline department, you'd still need to add some in if this is your preferred choice over a solid pre.

Side Effects

I'd like to mention that there is no side effect as such but not being able to hit this with a strong ass pre is a concern due to the effects of me being cautious - but I refuse to chance it and kept my pre workout to coffee or a stim based only pre such as mutants pre.

Conclusion

Again this is a very good product in the epik line up, but if blue blood isn't part of your regime it could very well be overkill. I love seeing innovation and this is innovative only if it fits in your plan - to me I had to sacrifice a lot in order to gauge this properly and although it is really good it's also really frustrating as well, with some exclusions this could be so much better!

October 25, 2018

Pros:
 Cons:
  • Focus
  • Endurance
  • Pump
  • Improved Strength
  • Intensity
  • L-citrulline A Bit Underdosed
  • Jitters
  • Crash

Hi guys, it seems as though I am a man on mission - cause I am! Anyways missions aside I was very excited for our local market as USN launched their Epik range. I was pleased because the products looked quite good - naturally the preworkout caught my eye so let's see what it did for me:

I won't lie guys this profile was a lot better than any USN pre I have ever seen! And it's a beautiful thing to see it ain't a prop blend!

Serving size: 1 scoop (19g)

Sodium 51mg
Cell vollumax stack
L-Citrulline 5000mg
Glycerpump (65% glycerol monostearate) ...

Serving size: 1 scoop (19g)

Sodium 51mg
Cell vollumax stack
L-Citrulline 5000mg
Glycerpump (65% glycerol monostearate) 2000mg
Anabolic nitro pump complex
Betaine anhydrous 2000mg
Agmapure 500mg
Anabolic power, performance recovery complex
Beta alanine 3200mg
Dynamine methylliberine 150mg
L-theanine 100mg
Astragin 50mg

Quick Ingredient spotlight

Dynamine : boosts energy and focus (first time a local company has used this ingredient)

L-tyrosine: personally I love L-tyrosine but everyone has their preference- this improves focus and mood. I like 500mg but 1000mg may work better for you - it's an individual thang.

Betaine Anhydrous: increase power out put and improves strength.

Agmapure: Great for muscle pumps and improves insulin sensitivity

Glycerpump: muscle pumps and vasodilation

L-citrulline: improves blood flow and great for pumps, clinical dosage is around 6-8g but this is a saturation supplement so you don't have to use it pre workout only.

Beta alanine: Improves endurance and helps keep lactic acid build at bay. A clinical dosage is 3.2g and higher - depending on training.

Caffeine: improves energy and focus this again is personal preference as some are stim sensitive I prefer 200/250mg pre workout but at 300mg it's quite a kicker.

Taurine: is a widely used ingredient due to the fact it's cheap af - but this stuff isn't too bad since it helps with anxiety and stress but improves alertness as well! Max dosage is about 3G, I personally never go over 3G.

Astragin: improves absorption and uptake.

L-theanine: improves focus and reduces stress as well, also commonly used to help prevent crashes from stimulants.

Okay... that was a run through... well a walk I suppose. Anyways this stuff is well dosed - USN is playing it smart by making this go hand in had with their blue juice (contains that missing 1g of dang L-citrulline) so it's basically a marketing game BUT as a simple pre this stuff is really good. There's not much room for improvement but I feel caffeine didn't have to be that high, since you wanna gauge the effects of dynamine and tyrosine. I learned a while back that stims are overrated at the end of the day it's YOU that can make the difference. The beta Alanine is not Carnosyn which is a pity as it's pretty evident. But this is just my 2 cents... nothing is perfect.

Taste

Electric current flavor

Damn man I aint gonna lie I was bitterly upset that this tasted the way it did. This way like a super chemical punch and for a brand that always tries to innovative with flavors - it was a flop. Its basically a bitter tasting pre that has you cringing more often than not. This is why people chug a scoop in their mouth and down it with water.

Mixability

This mixed pretty easily, not much to really fuss about. Just a blender bottle and water... and your good! Not much to complain about except the slight grit and the bottom of the shaker which is so nasty!

1 scoop in 200/300ml water 20 mins before you hit the gym. This was perfect for me. I really love the fact it's a single scoop servings and none of this 3 heaped scoops pres... 1 and done.

I'd simply like to give a rating overall in effective because this was a combined experience that I wanna touch on.

Energy
I liked this aspect because the energy was smooth, not a sudden burst where you basically go all out and fade at the end. I was impressed by the overall smoothness during my sessions.

Focus
This was definitely the best part of Blue Blood. I feel the focus was on point and I was able to think clearer and really hit the weights harder due to the improvement of concentration... it basically made me feel like I had a mission and purpose which I really appreciated due to the fact that training at 4am is a bit of a mission especially when your mind is foggy as hell on cold mornings. The ability to zone in and push harder was amazing and the fact it did it every time was great.

Endurance
I felt this was good. I did gauge this without an intra and felt the effects first hand... it certainly is good. I would say I wasn't blown away the difference between carnosyn beta alanine and plain beta alanine was apparent here. I was able to train longer but lemme say at the end of the workout I pretty much was spent. This stuff makes you push hard, reps were higher than normal so in that regard it does work.

Strength
Surprisingly this was one of the most apparent effects here, due to the amazing focus I really pushed myself hard and felt like I could lift heavier... it is a mind over matter game and I was ready to put the heavier weights to shame. Basically every lift slightly increased and in turn I felt like this is one of the best parts of blue blood.

Pump
This stuff produced some really good pumps, it's one of better pre workouts out there and the pump was really intoxicating to say the least. I would definitely advise Blue blood for those seeking bursting pumps, I won't lie the more unbearable the pumps were the more I loved blue blood.

Intensity
I won't lie I was nearly drenched every workout with the fact I was pushing harder and heavier it did help the intensity even more. I'd have to say it was one of the more intense pre workouts I have used.

A very smooth operator to say the least. This isn't some dimeth induced pre workout formula but it certainly gives you that feeling that you are using something special and worthwhile. Although I felt a endurance could need a review and the minor fact that it was missing 1g of citrulline (cause let's face few are gonna buy the intra just to get 1g if citrulline) this needs to be revised.

At R500 locally ($34+-) Is actually really well priced considering the unique and pricey ingredients used to make it what it was. A tub contains 20 servings which is $1,70 a serving which sounds like a bit but considering near everything was clinical its definitely worth it! I have not seen this anywhere online so I am unsure as to why but this is available at Dischem pharmacy so I cant really give much insight as to where to find this online etc but from the look of things this is only avail to the South African market.

Side Effects

I did experience a few sides whilst on Blue blood - mainly the crash that would last a couple of hours - this was an issue as I was training in the mornings and lets just say its not the best thing to have happen especially if you are on the road.

Another side I noticed was the jitters that would be nearly constant, it's not something I am proud to admit but heck it happened. I would say that anything under a scoop is more or less a waste - but you have to gauge your personal preference.

Conclusion

Well with the terrible taste, jitters and crash aside I do feel that this is by far the best pre workout ever made by USN, 3xt was good but this is next level. The pumps and focus are the best aspects not to mention the strength! It's worth assessing your tolerance, I felt anything other than a scoop is a waste as the performance was no where near a full scoop... Coupled with a solid intra and post you will definitely reap the rewards of gainz and more! No product is perfect but if this is the shape of things to come it will be exciting for all of us - local and abroad!

October 24, 2018

Pros:
 Cons:
  • Pumps
  • Hydration
  • Endurance
  • Can Add To Most Pres
  • Underdosed At A Scoop

Hey fam, killer labz has officially hit us this side and I am a fan of trying new things... for me a no booster is a nice addition to have... cause it's stim free and stackable. Let's see how this fairs!

Serving Size: 1 scoop (6.6g)

L-citrulline 3000mg
Glycer pump (65% glycerol powder) 2000mg
Agmatine sulfate 1000mg
Coconut water extract 500mg
L-norvaline

Serving Size: 1 scoop (6.6g)

L-citrulline 3000mg
Glycer pump (65% glycerol powder) 2000mg
Agmatine sulfate 1000mg
Coconut water extract 500mg
L-norvaline

A nice array of vasodilators and the inclusion of coconut water is always a needed bonus. I am not too sure to complain about the 3g of citrulline or compliment them. But what I will say as AN ADD on the dosage is really good to stack to anything lower than 6g of citrulline malate so basically it's a good blend I am not complaining about but if you need a standalone then this isn't it.

Taste

Furious fruit punch
A very tarty fruit punch kinda vibe a bit artificial for my liking but nonetheless it wasn't bad as such. Mixed in with another pre can make it a sweet and weird but there is a nice option of unflavored as well which is something to consider if you don't like mixing in flavors etc. this is a bit bitter and gritty too but not so bad.

Mixability

Really good in this department, I basically could mix it with a spoon and glass of water and it would be fine. It does have a bit of grit at the end but generally it's all good!

1 scoop with a pre workout of my choice only with 10oz of water, worked fine for me.

I have decided not to put multiple categories due to the simple fact that this is quite simply a N.O booster. But I will delve into it as much as I think necessary.

The most apparent effect I felt was the overall pump that I got, let me just say that this isn't a standalone product at all. Coupled with a high stim pre workout this really will shine - I was stacking this with Olympus Reign and let's just say it was a good experience! I can go as far as saying the pumps and swoleness were great as supersets made me grunt for more - to see more.

I felt endurance also slightly picked up as I was able to hit a few more reps than without this N.O- better blood flow means the muscles are being fed abundantly so naturally endurance is an effect that's gonna be felt. Nothing out of this world but certainly improved to the point where it was noticeable but do not forget that the goal here - every pre workout should, at least have 6Gs of Citrulline... so this having 3g of it (although half the ideal dosage) aided those pres lacking the the same so more often than not this can be stacked with plenty of pre workouts which makes it pretty versatile in my books. Hydration was also somewhat apparent as well, albeit your intra workout is really important here as well but this pretty much held its own all in all and I was pleased.

I am a bit conflicted here as a product that can be overlook if you literally buy an effective and well dosed pre. But if your prepping and require that pump and improved blood flow it's really not cost effective at $36.99 a bottle ($1.23 a scoop) then when you need the full effect you gonna have to double that! So it's really a luxury add on to be honest. Just buy an effective pre instead...

Conclusion

As a simple add on N.O booster this certainly does the trick. If this is a standalone for a stim break your gonna have to slam in 2 scoops to get that critical dose of Citrulline. But for me this was good, it did the trick with some really good pumps and fullness when I added it to a pre lacking a few pump ingredients. But man the price... it costs more than a some kick ass preworkouts, which doesn't make sense. Sadly I would only ever consider it if it were on a bogo cause you know never know when you'd need one.

October 22, 2018

Pros:
 Cons:
  • Improved Recovery
  • Improved Hydration
  • Tastes Great
  • Vegan
  • Contain L-carnitine
  • Contains Coconut Water Powder

Hey Sr fam, I am definitely a changed man from the past - I no longer refrain from trying new and different things. I have recently been eating a lot of vegan and vegetarian options just for the sake of variety plus my wife is a vegan. But GAT flexx BCAAs is something that caught my eye. A sample was given and after my first sip I was hooked... and I was startled that is was 100% vegan!

Serving Size: 1 scoop (11.5g)

Total carbohydrate 3g

Vitamin b6 3g

Vitamin b12 7mcg

Sodium 40mg

Potassiu...

Serving Size: 1 scoop (11.5g)

Total carbohydrate 3g

Fermented L-isoleucine 1.75g

Fermented L-valine 1.75g

L-carnitine 500mg

Coconut water powder 500mg

Other ingredients: natural and artificial flavor, Citric acid, malic acid,sucralose, silicon dioxide, acesulfame-K and maltodextrin.

Now I will say I always knew standard bcaas are made with real human hair, duck feathers and dog hair. But natural BCAAs are made from corn. This is something I honestly cringe to think about - but it is true. Standard BCAAs are cheap because of these disgusting methods but natural BCAAs are pretty pricey (well this one is). But

I will say companies utilizing natural BCAAs earn my respect. Knowledge is key here - but hey if you don't use natural BCAAs cool if you do cool as well - for me natural is the way.

Now with regards to this formulation... I really like it. It contains 7g of BCAAs, some B vitamins (for energy), L-carnitine and and coconut water powder. It may be pretty underdosed in L-carnitine but - hey at 2 scoops it's a lil better at 1g, but it's still a welcomed addition regardless. I guess the main point of this product is being a BCAA - so the add ons are definitely a bonus. I didn't like that this contains acesulfame-K and maltodextrin but hey no product is perfect. The ratio is literally perfect as it's a 2:1:1 perfect ratio and synergy!

Taste

Before I got the tubs I had a sample and I must say I was blown away by the jelly bean flavor which tasted just like jelly beans but with a candied sour twist that I loved. Then I was like damn I gotta buy this- as my wife would also appreciate it.

Orange burst

8.5/10

A very interesting candy flavor here, very enjoyable too. It has a very fresh squeezed orange juice flavor coupled with a sour twist that is quite delicious I won't lie. I was expecting a sweet twist but this is something I enjoyed as it was a switch up to what I am usually used to - definitely for those who love sour candy.

Sour ball

Wow a really awesome flavor that I throughly enjoyed, it's exactly what I expected it to taste like and some more. I will say that drinking this instantly and sipping is recommended because the taste does switch up if you leave it for a while lol. But an insanely great drink for being plant based and again it's for the fans of sour candy - it's something I look forward to every soccer practice and I savor it!

I would like to find sweet candy alternatives in the future- it would be very interesting.

Mixability

This mixes well, but it does require an extra vigor shaking. It doesn't foam as much as I imagined, it does have a slight chalky texture but it add basically another element that didn't bother me too much. It requires constant shaking because it does settle at the bottom of the shaker if you do not constantly shake it up, if your down a serving instantly then this isn't an issue.

1 scoop with 6/8 oz of water. I'd recommend 2 scoops- as to get the most effectiveness. I'd utilize a scoop during my cardio sessions and soccer practice. I prefer to sip it through out.

Energy

I won't lie most BCAAs don't throw in extra B vitamins, and those that do never seem to boost my energy. But these give me that little bit extra of a boost coupled with some coffee lol. The energy really does help and make every session a better one! Nothing insane but a lil sometimes is a lot if you know what I mean

Hydration

Another aspect that greatly improved my overall performance was the hydration aspect. The electrolyte and coconut water blend worked great. Every sip I took I felt a bit more hydrated even though the session would make me sweat buckets I remained cool and good! Really awesome stuff

Recovery

BCAAs will contribute towards recovery and this was no like as Flexx BCAAs definitely helped make small subtle changes that were felt upon the next day. Training early in the am and then hitting a practice session nearly everyday of the week means really delayed recovery but flexx definitely made a difference.

I would say that this simply was better than I have ever intended because it certainly improved my overall performance by giving me a boost in hydration and energy too whilst improving my recovery and let's not forget it does taste amazing. I'd say the fat burning and muscle building effects are there as well in conjunction to many aspects but obviously diet is key - I would use this be it pre contest and offseason as it is just such a great product that's multi talented.

A container holds 60 scoops and the local cost here is around R900 ($60) I know it's a huge cost but there's not many options this side of the world when it comes to plant based BCAAs. I have seen it for $38 which is pretty awesomely priced I won't lie. I am just gonna rate this poorly because of the hideous pricing this side of the world but if your from the states this is really value for your money. Go ahead and treat yourself

Side Effects

Conclusion

8.5/10

Value differences aside - this is really a product I love and I have incorporated perfectly into my regime. Basically if something can work this good and taste great then o have plenty of hope for more plant based products which seem to be catching on to bigger brands - GAT has something amazing here and I do hope we see a lot more from them! This is appropriately named as it definitely does out flexx the BCAA competition!

October 20, 2018

Pros:
 Cons:
  • Great Profile
  • Micellar Casein
  • Satisfies Hunger
  • Improves Recovery
  • No Fillers
  • Amazing Texture
  • Naturally Sweetened
  • Only 1 Size
  • Only 1 Flavor

Hey SR peeps, as someone who loves a micellar casein protein Strength.com has really produced a product that I was only to eager to try. I was able to review this as part of a competition I won and man oh man... receiving this was really exciting because its rare to find a micellar casein product! So lemme tell you what my findings were!

Serving Size 1 Scoop (39.3g)
Serving Per Container 30

Sugars 1g
Protein 27g
Calcium 806 mg
Iron 0....

Serving Size 1 Scoop (39.3g)
Serving Per Container 30

Protein 27g
Calcium 806 mg
Iron 0.75 mg
Sodium 95 mg

Micellar Casein, Peanut Flour, Cocoa Bean Powder, Natural Flavors, Dextrose, Stevia (Stevia rebaudiana) Leaf Extract, Salt, Inulin, Guar Gum, Xanthan Gum. Contains: Milk, Soy, Peanuts.

A very very impressive profile and the core ingredient is my favorite - Micellar casein (none of that sodium caseinate inferior BS!). Micellar casein is the slowest digesting casein which digests up to 7 hours - this makes it ideal for extended fasting and before. What this ultimately means is that your body wont go into catabolic state due to there being a sustained and constant supply of amino acids - better recovery and suppressed appetite are the main effects here. basically turn a catabolic sleep into an anabolic one!

I really appreciate that this is free from fillers and naturally sweetened and will not play havok with your blood sugar levels. This also contain cocoa bean powder which is a nice touch. This profile is really great being low in carbohydrates and fat - so it really can aid you anytime of the day even post workout.

Taste

Peanut butter cup

WOW! by far one of the best ever tasting supplements I have ever used! This wasn't over sweet or bland but like a nice darker nutty chocolate flavor which was certainly a treat. I had this both alone and also added peanut butter before bed and obviously peanut butter improves anything it touches and made this an unbelievable treat cause to me it felt like a cheat cause it was that good! There is a lil hint of bitterness thats more apparent as a shake with a few oz of water. The texture to me is what really makes it pop - its like velvety and smooth, where drinking it felt guilty.

Unfortunately this is the only flavor that is available, so I mean what are they waiting for LOL.

Mixability

To my surprise this mixed really well, its not as thick as I expected but its super smooth, like honestly the best texture out there as it was thick yet slightly runny. But I didn't experience any issues in a shaker or powder being stuck to the top of the cap etc so really all and all this was great.

"Ideal for bedtime or periods of fasting. Mix one scoop (30g) with 6-8 oz. of water or your favorite beverage. Mix it with less liquid and add nut butter to make a pudding."

I personally was torn between using this before bed and when I start my fasting, But the protocol was different. Before bed with a few oz of water made into a pudding and thrown in the freezer or with 8oz of water first thing in the am when I start my fast.

Now to give any protein a 9 is pretty insane.. But considering I get to test the full effectiveness because I use it in the most appropriate times it was pretty easy to gauge. These are the most profound...

Recovery
Now with using this before bed was more or less ideal to gauge the effects of its recovery purposes. I found supplement with this I recovered quicker and was less sore the next day I woke. Now its nothing phenomenal but a slight improvement was certainly felt and definitely appreciated cause I do hur bad especially on larger body groups where I go all out. This is certainly something I would use before bed to improve overall recovery which will have you training harder the next day.

Appetite suppressant
This was definitely the most obvious effect here... fasting can be hard AF because hunger really hits hard. The main purpose of using this product was to defeat any sort of catabolism lurking around. This stuff kept me full and being full and satisfied is ofcourse key because when those hunger urges come they don't stop. I was able to to fast way longer than possible which was a blessing since my meal schedule is all over the place and I don't like a short fast so being able to do it longer than normal is key to the improved results I did get. This stuff is gold.

Lean muscle mass
Now its again hard to mention this without questions being thrown left, right and center but overall during my usage of this product I felt I looked better than I previously did because recovery was improved meaning I would hit the gym harder than usual which led to greater results to be honest. Again a small improvement but one that was more than welcomed.

Overall this is probably the best and most effective protein powder for me as it worked the way I intended it to, I used it at vital times and this stuff worked really well.

Price ($55)
30 servings - ($1.83 per scoop)
Dang this stuff is not cheap, no matter which way you look at it. I was fortunate enough to have won this but if I didn't win it I would not personally buy it considering its $55 for only 30 servings. I know this is micelllar casein but this is just a wallet buster I would pass, being it is in a pouch (which supposedly would make it cheaper) this was not the case. And you can basically only find it on their website because everywhere else this stuff is sold out or unavailable which is unfortunate - it is really a great product. Once the price comes down then I would definitely be keen.

Side Effects

0. none

Conclusion

A really fantastic product flexing on them other sodium caseinate proteins, but at this price its sadly losing to the competition. The texture and the taste are really fantastic and this is certainly one of my favorite products for the reason that it suits my lifestyle so well and it worked! It does need more flavors and larger sizes to really get on the map. But if money ain't an issue for ya then this is worth a try for sure! But nonetheless a great product that I would wish to purchase again.

October 18, 2018

Pros:
 Cons:
  • Keeps Hunger Away
  • Improved Recovery
  • It HAD A Nice Label
  • Prop Blend

Hey fam, back again with a review on killer labz brute bcaa which caught my eye as they included a few muscle building compounds. I always stick to the basics and bcaas/amino acids are part of the equation here! I am not gonna drag on but keep this really simple.

Serving Size: 1 scoop(7.5g)

Proprietary blend
Anabolic- protein synthesis complex
Epicatechin
Laxogenin
Absorption
Black pepper extract (95% pipeline)

I ...

Serving Size: 1 scoop(7.5g)

Proprietary blend
Anabolic- protein synthesis complex
Epicatechin
Laxogenin
Absorption
Black pepper extract (95% pipeline)

I got nothing to say here but I decided to give this a go due to the simple fact that I will anything a chance... the idea and the thought is cool. But this isn't really even a bcaa but rather a amino acid product - so brute aminos would have been better lol. I really hate the fact that prop blends are still being used and with that being said cheapies are in there as well (glutamine and taurine) so what are you really getting? What dosages? It's wishful thinking to hope "okay this micronized leucine, isoleucine and valine is the top ingredients so it's gonna be the highest dosage ingredients here" but how do you know that it's not taurine and glutamine at the top per serving? You don't simply. This blend again has potential but no in a prop blend especially when you boast supposedly great natty muscle builders such as Epicatechin and
Laxogenin but with no clue at their dosage is it even worth it? Well I guess I found this out myself lol.

Taste

Cotton candy
I opted for cotton candy since I am a sweet tooth at heart, a lot of brands offer this flavor now compared to previous years.

The taste isn't bad at all, it's more of a strong cotton candy taste than sweet and sugar. I would prefer a sweeter twist but it's not a bad attempt being it has those muscle builders, but the grains at the end are bitter which overall doesn't do anything but drop the taste rating.

Mixability

I was pretty much impressed with the ease of mixing apart from the frothiness that I experienced. It can be mixed with a teaspoon but I preferred it in a shaker bottle - it is slightly gritty as mentioned above.

I always do my own thang when it comes to amino acids/bcaas - I sometimes using it when I'm fasting in the am or more than not post workout. I generally used 2 scoops to try and get the most out of the product. Normally with 12-16oz of water I'd sip n sip...

Recovery
Using this the way I did and with the full dosage I was able to assess that recovery in general was better. DOMS were reduced not drastically but compared to nothing at all - it was better than average this was especially apparent when hitting my weakness like chest and shoulders. I could say it could have been better of course but overall good.

Lean muscle mass
I was really disappointed with this aspect. I hardly noticed any change. It's very hard to judge a product when your diet is good and your using other supplements. But adding this I noticed very little, I would say maybe a bit more size in my shoulders and chest in the month of usage but no where near what the claims are nor what I expected. Not only that but my strength stayed the same as well

Appetite suppression
It worked really well when I would fast in the am. I didn't know it would work this well being that the whole goal of this product is to build muscle and improve recovery. I would actually fast an hour or 2 longer than I initially planned which was great. No doubt if your into cbl,IF, keto etc this would be great.

As you can tell I am really not too impressed by the effectiveness, I felt like there was so much room for improvement.

At around $33 for a true 30 servings it's a bit pricey, but being that it wasn't what I expected it's just too much money for a prop blend that's mediocre at best. This lasts around a month if you use 2 scoops per day but it felt like a long month if you know what I mean... But for real I'd love to have that full transparency where the customer knows exactly what's what. I feel no price can really justify a prop blend.

Conclusion

A very very mediocre product, I was expecting a whole lot more but unfortunately I was bitterly let down. I would like to point out the intent and the effort to make an amino acid supplement more anabolic is definitely welcome but not in a prop blend blend, that's like taking 1 step forward and 2 steps back no body gets far like that (that is a song,lmao) but no this one for me is a better recovery product than a muscle building recovery product as marketed. It's a far cry to what can and should be done, This is just a brual mediocre product I am afraid to say.

cheers

October 15, 2018

Pros:
 Cons:
  • Increased Vascularity
  • Great Pump
  • Leaning Effect
  • Better Endurance
  • Improves Overall Workout
  • Improves Strength
  • Stackable With Basically Anything
  • Stim Free
  • Needs To Be Used Continuously

Wassup peeps, here with a review on Olympus Labs Massacr3. A really interesting product that really intrigued me, being that its a multi purpose pre workout enhancer I kinda had to give it a go being a fan of Olympus and the deals locally from Nextlevelsupplements are pretty insane!

Serving Size: 2 caps
Servings per container: 30

Well this has been extensively covered well by others. Basically this vasodilating, muscle building and nutrient enhancing supplement contains the following

Laxogenin 300mg - the highlight of this product is la...

Serving Size: 2 caps
Servings per container: 30

Laxogenin 300mg - the highlight of this product is laxogenin which is a plant steroid. It's supposedly builds muscle, increases natural production of testosterone and improves protein synthesis. They use their own delivery system (phytofuse) to improve absorption and utilization because generally it's poorly absorbed.

Vaso6 300mg - green tea extract- basically improves blood flow which means greater pumps.

Urobolin 150mg - basically a metabolite that prevents catabolism and increases protein synthesis.

So all in all a very natural approach which is great for everyone especially those gyno prone like me. It's a unique approach to a non stim pump/muscle enhancer that is, no doubt a game changer.

Take 1-2 to capsules daily prior to workout. On non workout days take 1-2 capsules split any time of the day.

I only used 2 capsules before my workouts and on rest days I didn't take it because this stuff isn't the cheapest

FULLNESS
I really loved the fullness massacr3 gave me, by far some of the most painful and amazing pumps where experienced with the pairing of a pre that contained the clinical dosage of citrulline, as a stand-alone the effects are still really noticeable but even more so with a killer pre! I was honestly loving every workout more and more. The best part is that the fullness lasted far beyond the workout which was really much appreciated.

ENDURANCE
Was enhanced by a considerable margin although I have to say it was even better with endur3. Again I will say that the effects with and without a pre are slightly minimal but a pre ultimately makes a difference. I was able to train longer and ultimately harder which lead to better results.

STRENGTH GAINS
Another great effect I noticed immediately was the strength gains basically in all my lifts. It literally happened from the first time I used massacr3 and gradually it increased, I have hit my personal best natty lifts which was a bonus because my workouts and strength were stunted to be honest.

LEAN MUSCLE MASS
I experienced a nice increase in size during my usage, nothing super drastic but a bit more noticeable than without it. I felt my chest and shoulders were the most improved as compliments flowed in. This obviously has a lot to do with you diet and cardio but to me I did notice a subtle but nice improvement here. If you train harder you gain more.

I love massacr3 there is no 2 ways about it, as soon as I ran out I faced a dip in strength and overall performance so this definitely does make a world of difference, the best advice is to keep it in your plan like for life lol.

Well I got this on special for R500.00 ($35.00) which is really a good price considering it's a great brand and an import. I only used 1 serving on the days I train which is around 4 times a week, this meant it lasted me little over 2 months which is really fantastic. But I am definitely going to run this the way it was intended - which is daily to reap the full rewards! Which means it's not gonna last as long but a month supply for $35 ($1,17 a serving) but this does need a really good pre workout to really make it shine!

Side Effects

None, super safe with no sides at all makes it so very appealing!

Conclusion

A must have in my book. It really is a game changer to me and it's really stackable with basically anything you can think of. I guess the most appealing part to me is the fact you can use this offseason or prep - it's something you will always benefit from. The true highlight is mixing this with reign - the pumps and performance are seriously next level but reign is a bit too strong for my liking. Just don't expect beastly gains or anything but rather enjoy the constant lil improvements! If you haven't used massacr3 you are missing out!

September 27, 2018

Pros:
 Cons:
  • Good Recovery
  • Quality Ingredients
  • Maintain Intesity
  • Increased Power Output
  • Great Value
  • More Hydrated
  • Mixes Well
  • Better Endurance
  • Advanced Ingredients
  • Slight Chemical Taste
  • Strong Flavor

Hey peeps, back at it before the month is over... this time with Olympus Endur3. Being an that I'm a bit of doubter when it comes to intras' I was slightly scepticle ... but being that my ON train and sustained finished I decided to give endur3 a go since it's well priced thanks to Nextlevelsupplements! (Thanks Radley - a special shout-out coz he keeps the pricing real!)

Serving Size: 1 Scoop (16.2 grams)

Total Carbohydrate 2g

Calcium (From Dicalcium Phosphate) 57mg

Magnesium (From Magnesium Aspartat...

Serving Size: 1 Scoop (16.2 grams)

Total Carbohydrate 2g

Calcium (From Dicalcium Phosphate) 57mg

Magnesium (From Magnesium Aspartate) 16mg

Chromium (as Histidinate & Picolinate) 1,000mcg

Sodium (From Sodium Citrate) 65mg

Potassium (From Potassium Citrate) 150mg

InstaAminos (Instantized BCAA's 4:1:1) L-Leucine, L-Valine, L-Isoleucine 7.5g

Velositol 2g **
(Amylopectin Chromium Complex [Providing 2 grams of high amylopectin starch (waxy maize) & 1,000 mcg Chromium comprised of histidinate & picolinate])

L-Glutamine 2g

L-Taurine 1g

Electrolyte Matrix 980mg
Potassium Citrate, Dicalcium Phosphate, Sodium Citrate, Magnesium Aspartate
VitaCherry Sport 480mg
(Whole Tart Cherry) Standardized To Total & Type 1&2 Anthocyanins

Really impressed by the ingredient profile here... the ratio is not the ideal 2:1:1 but oh well...the addition of velistitol is keeping in line to their products where they try and do things a bit differently! I won't seeing the exclusions of a few staples I feel a intra should have (beta alanine , l carnitine tartrate and maybe even creatine) was a bit shocking but then again this could due to the thought process that most pre workouts have beta alanine etc and most post workout formulas have creatine and some even l carnitine tartrate... or maybe they wanted to show something effective can still be done without them staples... I was curious.

Snakes venom

There are a lot of flavors which are cool. I quite enjoyed the taste. It's a bit of a question mark to me what flavor this is... it's like a hybrid of passion fruit and apple I think! Gee it's pretty cool but frustrating coz I couldn't really get my taste buds to get familiar with this taste lol! it's a bit of a strong hit (chemical taste) with a waxy maize taste but nonetheless the flavor does come through. There is a lot thrown in here so I was a bit surprised it didn't taste as bad as I expected - generally over complicated aminos taste bad and bitter. Although it could do without that waxy taste it wasn't bad.

I stuck to one heapish scoop in 6/8oz of water.

Mixability

Really awesome, a quick shake here and there in a blender bottle and I was sorted. Not much residue I could actually think of, normally strong intras or those amino acid formulas tend to froth and but not this! Instant goodness.

As an intra I'm used to these general two categories- I mean having experience with a variety of intras make it easy to judge...

Fullness
This kept me slightly fuller than normal. When it came to drop sets and giant sets the effects were a lot more noticeable. This isn't really what it's intended for but with the proper pre workout nutrition and supplementation used it does make fullness happen especially when a post workout carb or meal is followed up later on.

Endurance
Here is where it shines best. I noticed immediately that this improved my overall endurance like from the very first sip of this... sounds cheesy but honestly it made a world of difference. During the near completion of my workout I'd be more or less finished, with this though I was able to have enough energy to easily hit some cardio! It's a big step up for me personally.

Hydration
With endurance at an all time high, hydration also was great. Although to me sipping 8oz is rather tough (I'm used to downing) I always managed to get my last sip just at the death of my workout. I must say I wasn't feeling as dehydrated as normal, so it's an added benefit for sure! More hydration means more intensity and I loved the feeling of not being drained and dehydrated af.

Recovery
Another hit... I recovered better than without it. My post workout supplement of just 2 scoops of whey allowed me to judge and assess endur3 properly. I was sceptical for sure... although all stiffness wasn't demolished it was better than previous products for sure. I think no matter what if you train hard you will always have DOMS and stiffness, there's no supplement that can fully pass this natural phenomenon!

I'd like to add that endur3 facilitated some sick ass workouts that I haven't had in a while. Of course like any other brand the effectiveness is a lot better when their other products are added like massacr3 and re1gn but even without it still held it's own. I just loved the way I was able to keep my intensity no matter if it was the half way point of my workout or the end! Impressive af!

Considering 30 servings lasts me 30 workouts a container lasted me a long ass time. A tub costs me around $27 which is less than a dollar a serving! The ingredients are of the premium kind and it's darn effective! Definitely worth a buy... and I must say it's super competitively priced here which is a shocker! Probably the most advanced intra in the market besides Nutrabios intra blast.

Side Effects

No sides effects at all.

Conclusion

I was totally impressed by this intra, it was clear to me a lot of time and consideration was taken to make this something different and more advanced. Although it missed a few ingredients that I found strange - such as beta alanine , l carnitine tartrate and maybe even creatine (since Reign doesn't contain it) it certainly worked well BUT I think those additions mentioned would have made it unstoppable! But nonetheless it was so good without it I'm not complaining. At the end of the day the product name was ideal coz I was able to Endur3 more than what I was used to! Brilliant stuff and this is now my permanent staple! (I know I can't believe it too!) do give it a go!

3.0

• Restless
  • Anxiety
  • Few Ingredients
  • 2 Scoops Too Much

Hey fam, So on that really good note that re1gn left me on, I decided to switch things up with Outofthelab and their pre workout formula - impetus. I'm never one to stick to something - I guess it's the beauty and horror of being a supplement reviewer

1 scoop

Beta-Alanine (carnosyn) 1.2g
Caffeine 185mg
Teacrine 50mg
Yohimbe bark extract 31.2mg

A really simple formula. Most notably the beta alanine is under-dosed even at 2 scoops (2.4g vs 3.2g). I would have liked to have seen a bit more effort as this is pretty much a run of the mill pre formula. I would have loved to have seen the addition of glycopump/hydromax as the pumps were a fail at 1 scoop - but 2 scoops would have been a bad situation as 2 scoops equates to 370mg of caffeine and a whole load of yohimbe bark extract which caused of issues my side. Citrulline malate is only 3g per scoop which is half of the recommended 6g - again a double scoop is a bit too heavy for my liking. Surprisingly no taurine was added which can be a gift and a curse as most post/intras are filled with 1/2grams of it, I do like the fullness taurine adds - if this is your standalone it's not such a good situation.

Taste

9.5/10
Super berry

To be frank this flavor is incredible - it's something I never thought I'd love this much. It's a combination of tarty yet sweet almost like a fruit punch backed with a berry taste. I certainly loved it and would enjoy waking up to this taste which is quite rare. It does have its slightly bitter aftertaste due to the settlement pieces but hey I have to give them the benefit of the doubt.

For me I stuck to one heapish scoop in about 6/8oz of water. 10/15mins before my workout. It hits pretty fast

Mixability

I had little to no trouble here, more often than not I'd use a glass and teaspoon. It mixes well just settles rather quick with some bitter bits. But nonetheless rather decent not foamy at all which is great.

6/10 (based on a scoop) is

Oish to be very fair this pre makes me cringe. I have to be fair and unbiased which ain't an issue lol.

Imma break it down into my categories that I look for in a pre workout

Strength:
Was not the highlight of impetus - but the focus and intensity made up for it for sure.

Pumps:
Were very disappointing, I used this as a stand-alone obviously to assess it properly but I lacked any sort of major pump - but it is not surprising with the lack of "pump " ingredients.

Energy:
I enjoyed the energy part quite a bit, I felt it kicked in almost immediately which is pretty cool since I trained first thing in the AM. But on the same token I wouldn't recommend taking this 30 mins prior to lifting rather just before 15/10mins were the best for me.

Stamina:
A nice improvement of stamina was felt but nothing really to rave about here, it was almost expected with the lack of ingredients.

Focus:
Here's where it ultimately shines, focus was really top notch the gram of L-tyrosine really made me zone in hard, I felt my mood was really awesome and it wasn't overkill a gram is pretty strong so it's ideal for me, 2 grams eh I'm not too sure lmao.

Intensity:
Loved the app intensity it brought, I would be sweaty af more often than not which is a sure sign of intensity. A lot of the newer pres don't really boost my intensity but this sure did- has to be that yohimbe...

Aggression:
I felt more motivated and alpha when I was using impetus which is a great feeling. The aggression aspect cannot be overlooked. I felt this made a difference to my overall workout which was a good one more often than not.

Crash:
Here's another thing I disliked was the crash that seemed to happened way way after the workout. I crashed hard and more often than not it ruined my actual day.

Overall slightly better than average, but with so few ingredients I don't know what was really expected here.

Well as a 1 scoop pre (my preference) a tub lasts around 30 workouts. A tub costs $38 online which is around $1,27. I think this is ultimately way over priced... with that price I can buy a 20 serv pre jym which is really worth that price tag. Impetus is okay but not at this price.

Side Effects

Ahhh man as the rating tells sides are a bit high (10/10 probably being close to death). This is actually pretty bad. My major finding was that the yohimbe bark extract was causing the faults here. After my workout I'd feel a bit anxious, my heart rate was significantly higher than normal as my resting heart rate is pretty awesome. This literally buzzed me almost the entire day I would feel odd and weird like on edge and this wasn't only me - I passed a serving to good mate who felt the same. It's something so small that should've been avoided. I don't know if everyone would feel like this but it's near unbearable.

Conclusion

I don't want to be harsh here. As it stands outofthelab is an upcoming brand I do appreciate, but with their take on a pre workout, which is the corner stone of any company- it really falls face first. 4/10 is still rather decent but I don't want to be unfair - we are all different but the sides I faced aren't something I'd ever want again. They played it simple and it simply was a fail unfortunately.

Except taste - taste it's f@$king awesome lol!