FRIDGE

TROPHY CASE

Reviews by FRIDGE

April 24, 2018

Cons:
  • Strength
  • Stamina
  • Prop Blend
  • Can Taste Better
  • Not The Most Effective Creatine Formula

Hey guys, firstly a very big thank you to SR.com with their bounty program and making this review possible, it is very much appreciated. But yes I am a actively fit natty bodybuilder and understanding the role of creatine as such it is pretty much part of my daily routine, as creatine is also linked to alot of benefits, not just strength so getting a product with multiple sources was something I was curious to see.

Serving Size: 1 Scoop (6g)
Servings Per Container: 50 Servings
Total Carbohydrate 1g
Sugars
0mg
S...

Serving Size: 1 Scoop (6g)
Servings Per Container: 50 Servings
Potassium (as Potassium Chloride) 99mg
BEST CREATINE BLEND 4g
Creatine Monohydrate
Creatine Anhydrous
Creatine MagnaPower (as Magnesium Creatine Chelate)
Creatine Phosphate
Creatine AKG
pH Buffered Creatine Alkaline
Betaine Anhydrous (TMG) buffered 500mg
Himalayan Pink Salt 50mg

Ingredients
Maltodextrin, Silica, Natural and Artificial Flavors, Citric Acid, Sucralose, Malic Acid, Acesulfame K, and FD&C Red No. 40.

Not the most convincing formula out there, I am not the biggest fan of BPI due to their claims and their results of purity etc. It still has maltodextrin lol... And again one cannot know the exact quantity of each form of creatine you are getting which I know is primarily creatine monohydrate but still this in todays industry is unacceptable. I feel BPI needs to step up their game here, But as far as the forms go they are good but Mono will always be king, plus 500mg of betaine is somewhat underdosed at 500mg, seeing it around 2000mg would have been alot more beneficial here.

Taste

Rainbow Ice
The smell is great, but the taste... well not so much. It is very artificial and quite bitter at the end but overall the sweetness wasnt too bad as it carried a tarty taste which wasnt so bad - BPI to me makes some of the better tasting products out their that carry a infamous feel as its mostly sugar or some heavy dyes. This is a limited edition but you aint missing out on much here.

Mixability

Is not bad but it does always leave behind a bit of bitter residue - I normally mixed mine in a glass with a spoon with little fuss.

I use 1 scoop in the AM before I get my day started as such, as mentioned above I just full a glass with water about half way and throw in a scoop of best creatine.

Now here comes the telling factor, I didnt know what to exactly to expect but as an experienced lifter and supplement user I knew that creatine is a staple, especially monohydrate. But being that this has a few forms of creatine I was excited see if any other than the usual will happen (strength gain). I will note the obvious - there was no need to load this, which is advantageous in regards to not having a loading phase where its rather easy to forget, unless you are well organised unlike myself. But alas I felt that I had little to no water retention compared to standard mono hydrate, which can make you hold a bit. I found my strength remained rather good and even though I was going through a stressful phase in my life I felt as if my strength never got below the norm and in times of complete effort my lifts did improve. Now would this formula be improved at a higher dosage? Yes. But like with most BPI products it fails to be anything more than just average. This to me helps improve more than just my strength but my overall mood as well. I would not take this over mono for the simple fact that mono is tried and true, but being that this doesnt need a loading phase and is pretty straight forward I can see the overall appeal to this, But dont call it "best" creatine when its a prop blend lol. On another plus I didnt notice any stomach issues or discomfort.

value is not bad, a tub that has 50 servings goes for about $25, which isnt cheap but with the multiple forms it supposedly isnt that cheap to manufacture. A tub lasts 50 days, or near 2 months if your using it daily like me. It equates to $0.50 a serving but there is a 100 serving option which is only $0.45, its not much of a difference but if you want quality then 100% pure creatine monohydrate is ideal!

Side Effects

N/A

Conclusion

Overall not bad but in the same breath it can be alot better - I wouldn't buy this again due to the simple fact that although it worked in principle it didn't replace the tried and true creatine monohydrate. This is certainly an attempt to try and pull one over the unawares newbie supplement user but fails to even give the exact dosing of each form of creatine, which is sad in a way as bpi continues this prop blend. I do wish to see a better taste without the added bitterness which is possible due to the addition betaine, but I didnt see the use of betaine as it wasnt properly dosed at all. Overall an okay supplement that is far from being the best. Oh and a big thank you to SR.com for this opportunity.

April 4, 2018

Pros:
 Cons:
  • Better Endurance
  • Better Recovery Between Sets
  • Better Pumps
  • Tastes Amazing
  • Mixability Not Too Good
  • Would Be An Effective Pre
  • Occasional Jitters And Bigger Crash

Hey peeps, back with another review here, this time with a complete intra. I have been a fan of the past, but as finances tighten I really do find an expensive intra as a luxury. But since this was on special and being a fan of the really well known og xtend which I still to this day rank as the best intra. But anywho scivation has been busy with their xtend formulas.

1 Rounded Scoop (19.5 g)

L-Leucine 3,500mg
L-Citrulline Malate (1:1) 3,000mg
L-Glutamine 2,500mg

PEAKO2 Performance Blend 2,000mg
Cordyceps (Cordyceps militaris), Reishi (Ganoderma lucidum), King Trumpet (Pleurotus eryngii), Shitake (Lentinula edodes), Lion's Mane (Hericium erinaceus), Turkey Tail (Trametes versicolor)
L-Isoleucine 1,750mg
L-Valine 1,750mg
CarnoSyn Beta-Alanine 1,600mg

Electrolyte Blend 1,140mg
Sodium Citrate, Potassium Chloride, Sodium Chloride
Sensoril Ashwagandha (Withania somnifera) root and leaf extract

As you can see this is a very well dosed intra, at 1 scoop it's real good but again at 2 scoops is the max dosage. I like the addition of sensoril as it's proven - but with the peak 02 blend I feel in someways this can be overkill especially if you have a very complex pre workout that would already induce concentration and focus. I feel this can be an effective pre workout - just add in some caffeine and to me it's more appealing - Again each to their own. Aside from that this is probably one of the most complete Intras out there.

Taste

Sour gummy: 9.5/10
This has to be one of the best ever tastes out there. It tasted just like sour gummies which is seriously refreshing as it has a near perfect balance of sourness and sweetness which made each session enjoyable

Island punch fusion: 9/10
Another really awesome flavor, it was a flurry of tastes which tasted like an exotic blend of fruits, it was a nice blend of sweet and tart -there was no clear flavor pushing though but it definitely tasted like a refreshing punch which is hard to pull off especially considering it contains no sugar!

Mixability

Was okay, I found that with the minimal water needed (as recommended) it left a bit of residue if not consistently shaken often. Mixibility can be improved here but it's no train smash.

10-14fl oz of water per scoop. I went for a single scoop each training session and sipped it during my workout. I felt that, because of the great taste this went in no time lol.

As ingredients go this is wonderful, the idea is great - have an intra that's as complex as a pre. But that's where I feel it also shots itself in the foot.

As the og xtend went, it was and is still brilliant and effective. I felt that xtend elite is trying too hard - the peak 02 blend is a mixture of ingredients that boost memory, focus and stamina. But as soon as I hit a heavy pre, I felt ill at times. Yes my stamina was better and I recovered faster between sets but I would feel a bit uneasy and jittery especially nearing the end as if it enhanced the crash - now xtend elite isn't entirely to blame. I feel jumping on xtend as a pre worked great although it's not recommended that way.

Xtend to me did a overall better job than their new xtend elite as it was basic and straight forward, elite was a little overwhelming with its efforts in of course trying to topple their og xtend. The plus side as mentioned is the enhanced recovery overall and improved stamina, I do feel this can be a lot more beneficial to those doing real intense workouts and activities but for me solely as aiming on building muscle it kept the tempo going decently but if I compared this to say breach it's not that much better in terms of stamina. The pumps were also good and constant, I do like this product but it certainly didn't hit my expectations and caused.

I happened to get this on B.B.com on special a buy 1 get 1 50% off. A single tub goes for $40 for 30 servings. So in actual fact this is pricey for an intra but the ingredients are dosed really well especially at 2 scoops - but that means going through 2 tubs a month if you train daily - which is pretty excessive and pricey. I do see intras as important but not necessary.

Side Effects

Occasional jitters and headaches when a heavy and complex stimulate pre is used.

Conclusion

I really like the effort shown here by trying to be innovative but sadly I feel it is a bit overkill. Maybe it's me, but I can only give my honest feedback. The flavors were really outstanding, the pumps and stamina were noticeable, this is not cheap especially at the max dosage... but I feel Elite has more potential as a pre than an intra! But nonetheless the normal xtend to me will always remain king - but now they need the flavoring system that elite has!

April 3, 2018

Pros:
 Cons:
  • Insane Taste
  • Instantized
  • Solid Recovery
  • Simplicity
  • Affordable
  • Versatile
  • May Require More Than 1 Scoop Based On Your Needs

Hey guys here with another review on a supplement I have really enjoyed. The uses of amino acids range from anti catabolic properties to anti stress properties. I stay active as much as I can to stay stress free and also to loose fat and build muscle - naturally this has helped and served multiple purposes.

*Pictured*
iso amino formula 5g
l leucine (instanized, ultra soluable) 2.5g
l valine (instanized, ultra soluable) 1.25g
l isoleucine (instanized, ultra soluable) 1.25g

other ingredients: malic acid, natu...

*Pictured*
iso amino formula 5g
l leucine (instanized, ultra soluable) 2.5g
l valine (instanized, ultra soluable) 1.25g
l isoleucine (instanized, ultra soluable) 1.25g

other ingredients: malic acid, natural and artifical flavors, sucralose, silicon dioxide, acesulfame, potassium, maltodextrin.

A simple profile but with it being instanitized and ultra soluble - it lead to higher quality and better results. I had an issue with the other ingredients as maltodextrin is listed which makes me question the 0 calorie listed...

Taste

Dorks 9/10

Man is known for there unique flavors, and more often then not they deliver. I'm not really sure how exactly dorks taste, it's not a local product here in SA but nonetheless I found the taste to be a perfect watermelon like taste that wasn't too sweet but a tad more sour which I preferred.

Mixability

I had little to no issues in this department - I would mix it with a spoon and although the spoon mix was a bit frothy it was still enjoyable.

As suggested 100-150lb athlete 1 scoop , 150-200lb athlete 1.5 scoops , 200+lb athlete 2scoops.

Now this is a bit of a pill to swallow because if you follow the suggested dosage you end up with a very expensive amino supplement. But for the sake of it firstly being expensive and secondly to make it last. So for me 1 scoop of this with a glass or 300ml of water before I trained or in the am, where I needed a boost of aminos to break my fast.

As mentioned this was used to support my goals of recomposition as such. I found this to be extremely effective and a nice pick me up before my workout along with some joe (coffee) not to mention I would use it when I skipped a meal due to work and again it kept hunger at bay and also provided a slight injection of energy compared to before having it. I do feel aminos can be very effective when used correctly - although this may come off pretty ironic as I never hit the suggested 2 scoops, it still worked really well. We live in a time where a little doesn't go a long way so overall it's safe to say 2 scoops would have been ideal as I am weighing more than 200lb but for what's its worth , this with a solid diet and training regime can lead to some good results - whether it's fatloss, keeping anabolic, improving MPS and overall muscle growth this is really a top amino acid supplement.

Considering I bought this from bodybuilding.com and paid for shipping and clearance I cannot really give it a fair rating but let's assume I was in the states - this goes for around $20 which isn't bad as it equate to $0.67 - and for that price it's rather affordable but if you gonna hit more scoops it's going to cost more which is logic. The flavor alone is worth the price tag

Side Effects

Conclusion

I found this amino acid supplement to be really useful plus enjoyable, it ticks all the boxes when it comes to taste and effectiveness. The labeling and the whole look of their products really make it appealing to any buyer... A 2:1:1 ratio is far more effective than a 10:1:1 ratio so for those who know what's good - this is great. I would say follow with what works, for me a scoop or 2 a day worked well and assisted in just about everything. But if you follow the suggested routes and your over 200lbs be prepared to pay a bit!

Overall
Overall
9.5
  March 28, 2018

Pros:
 Cons:
  • Delicious
  • Can Serve As A Filling Meal
  • Solid Profile And Ingredients
  • Affordable For What It Is
  • Could Do With Some Form Of Fruit

Hey guys another review here, and I am very pleased to say I have found my new favorite protein bar! Its incredible that Universal as a brand has been around so long and yet they keep bringing out quality products, and now a much needed real food protein bar that Frank Mcgrath had a lot to do with, which is fantastic! But anyways back to the review.... I needed a bar that can easily adapt to my new lifestyle of eating less but still getting in multiple sources of protein and carb sources when I am on the move, plus less cooking means more time for life.

----Ingredient...

Here are the rough for these bars: 27g protein, 34g carbs (6g fiber, 20g sugar), 15g fat (4g saturated), 370 cals. Peanut Butter, Honey, Brown Rice Syrup, Milk Protein Isolate, Whey Protein Concentrate, Milk Chocolate Coating (Sugar, Palm Kernel Oil, Nonfat Dry Milk, Cocoa Powder, Soy Lecithin [an emulsifier]), and Salt), Whey Protein Crisp (Whey Protein Concentrate, Corn Starch, Cocoa Processed With Alkali), Inulin, Chocolate Chips (Sugar, Chocolate Liquor, Cocoa Butter, Soy Lecithin [an emulsifier], and Vanilla), Rolled Oats, Cocoa, Almonds, Peanuts, Natural and Artificial Vanilla and Chocolate Flavors, Peanut Flour, Sea Salt, Potassium Sorbate

There are alot of ingredients that into a bar, but seeing the variety of protein sources and carbohydrates really does set this apart. When they say they mean and this has been the foundation of their longevity and success over the decades! I love that it contains honey, peanut butter and rolled oats. Admittedly its not the "cleanest" formulation but the point of this bar is for it to be a "food bar" so to me I am not complaining here... Could a "lite" or diet snak bar work? Well it can if they maintain the taste and protein! Another aspect I enjoy is that there is no artificial flavors or sweeteners, no sugar alcohols and no added sugar! But I'd like to add that I'd like to see an inclusion of some sort of dried fruit to add to the real food feel - but I guess they are playing it safe as they seeing how snak does.

----Taste---
I was fortunate enough to get all the flavors from bodybuilding.com, to me they were all great and unique in their own way. they are very rich, to me the double chocolate brownie and peanut butter honey and oats were my favorite. But overall the taste was awesome and I just hope they will add more flavors in the future.

Texture

Was on point! It was chewy but man was it perfect literally like eating a full meal bar, normally protein bars today can be quite chewy but and lacking any real "wow" factor. I loved that each bar had its own individual identity. The first thing you get straight up is you are eating something real and good.

1 bar whenever you feel for a snack or on the go meal, for me I would have this midday and it would fill me up all the way.

Now again I cant gauge this but what I can do is speak about how it served its purpose in being a wholefood bar.

I have to give this a max rating just because it really did wow me, being in this game so many years you come across plenty of various bars that cause bloating, gas and taste like poo. Well Universal has done something spectacular here and literally made a bar I can eat anytime and anywhere. Unlike other bars that cost more, taste worse and have no whole food ingredients snak is really effective in being a healthy meal on the go and really can fill you up all the way. The protein content is high and really does aid in reaching macro requirements when needed. Theres not too much more I can say here other than this to me is the perfect bar and really goes beyond a purpose of being a snack and instead being a meal when theres no time too cook or being on the road, anywhere and anytime its perfect.

To be fair the pricing is on point, I mean a bar on average goes for about $2 and a box of 12 for $23.49 (bodybuilding.com) I mean a proper meal today with a nice amount of protein and carbs is alot more than $2. We live in a world where the cost of living let alone proper healthy meals cost a fortune. Go out and eat that healthy wrap with a teaspoon of chicken that costs you $4/5 and then you see that these snak bars are affordable and well priced. Giving it a 9 doesn't mean I am being generous but rather a result of honesty and a real plan of action that will see this being the best protein bar around. I know its advertised as a snak but gosh darnit it served as a meal for me. But for it to be a 10 a form of fruit in this would make it perfect to me.

Side Effects

Conclusion

Nothing is perfect but this is near perfect to me, from the packaging, taste, ingredients, macros and texture. I somehow feel that this is a game changer and it yells "big boy" when you take a bite, I imagine Evan Centopani and Frank Mcgrath have these bars often because its certainly a manly man bar and being formulated with athletes in mind. These Snak bars are really the perfect combination of everything that was lacking in the protein bar section - being lack of texture, whole food ingredients and taste! I hope more flavors and an inclusion of fruit in the future will happen, oh man perfection! This is certainly a bar I would buy again... and again!

March 27, 2018

Pros:
 Cons:
  • Increased Strength
  • Improved Sex Drive
  • Fatloss
  • Improved Mood
  • Better Sleep
  • Needs Larger Options

Wassup guys, this review was a bit delayed but nonetheless I was able to pull through. I was training around 5 times a week and eating clean. This was the period before I got ill so it was my last effort to do proper bodybuilding I suppose. A special thank you to SR.com for making this review possible and for the amazing opportunity, the bounty program is really something I have been praying for!

4 caps per serving

Zinc 3.6mg
Vitamin B6 1.3mg
Tribulus terrestris 750mg
Fenugreek 450mg

8 tabs a day, 4 in the morning and 4 in the evening. The tablets are rather large and so make sure you drink it with enough water or it could mean a choking episode.

Initial dosaging of 8 tabs a day is a bit hard taking into consideration they are full sized tabs and one uses quite a few other vitamins also so the amount is a bit daunting.

Now I decided to be a lot more detailed when it comes to percentages and gains etc I do like to give back as much as I can being that SR has given me this wonderful opportunity.

The first 4 days no noticeable effects took place but after the 7th day I could definitely noticed increased sex drive as well as overall strength in my workouts. I tracked a 16% increase in my average bench press and a 13% increase in my shoulder press.

After the 12th day I noticed a 0.5kg increase in LBM and drop of 0.7kg in BF, which is great as I didn't change much in my diet and I wasn't super strict!

My sleep patterns were a lot better from day 1 and also felt a lot more rested upon waking and had more energy for the day ahead. And I have to add my overall mood was improved a whole lot.

The major negative aspect on the supplement is the fact that at it's full dosage, it will only last 12 days which means 2,5 containers a month which this a bit... but other than the costs it was a really enjoyable experience for an experienced lifter to still gain lean muscle mass and improve on major lifts this is a mighty fine local attempt!

Here is the major drawback, the value... a bottle of test surge is only $15 and you'd be fooled to think its a months worth! But nope only 12 days... so that means 2.5 bottles will last a month. So its around $37.50 a month which isn't cheap, but its not too bad considering it is really effective but I would prefer to see this aspect improved

Side Effects

Now being that I am prone to gyno and I am rather cautious when it comes to anything that boosts natty test levels - this surprisingly caused no sides at all. I didn't notice any extra acne or anything out of the ordinary but then again I hit the full dosage which means 12 days as opposed to the normal 1 month protocol so it would be a lot more interesting if I hit a full month which would be a better indicator toward possible sides.

Conclusion

I love the health aspect of this product as much as the muscle building properties with improved moods and better sleeps, I do feel this is a must for those whose natural T levels are marginally low and your over the age of 25 to see the best results as our levels slowly drop from around 25... This was a really great 12 day supply which I wish lasted... But this is definitely a local supplement that could and would do well once pricing and size options are improved! The real harsh reality is that going through 2,5 bottles a month seems a bit much - I mean it's a lot of pills if you think of it, so sorting the size of the actual container and making it a month supply is needed! Again thank you SR for this opportunity!

Overall
Thanks to Barndad Nutrition for sending it out!
  March 25, 2018

Pros:
 Cons:
  • Convenient
  • Chicken Protein
  • Great Profile
  • No Stomach Discomfort
  • Added Pea Protein
  • Taste Needs To Improve Overall

Wassup SR, its been a while. Firstly a huge thanks to barndad and SR.com for this amazing opportunity, I cant express enough how much I appreciate it! For those of you that don't know - lately a whole lot has been happening in my life and this includes no training (tomorrow I start again). Illness has unfortunately struck me down, but being aware of my situation and lack of activity I did realize I needed extra protein as I really wasn't myself and planning meals werent on my to do list!

A bag consists of:

Protein: 20g
Calcium: 205mg
Sugar: 1g
Sodium: 220mg

ChikPRO Meat Crisp (ChikPRO Chicken Protein Isolate, Pea Protein Isolate, Rice Flour, Litesse Fiber),Canola Oil, seasoning (Fructose, Maltodextrin, Salt, Brown Sugar, Onion Powder, Honey, Spices, Sugar, TorulaYeast, Garlic Powder)

A nice shot of 20g of protein with a nice amount of fiber and the carb content is really minimal considering the fiber thats present. Sodium isnt low but heck its alot

Taste

Cheese pizza
I am being pretty modest I'd admit but i am looking at the big picture here - Firstly this is a one of kind protein snak formulated with chicken protein and secondly the flavors are something a tad different being that its savory and all. Now it does have stiff competition with a quest and their crisps but no one is doing what they are doing.

The flavor of the actual bites are really good, the cheese pizza tasted like a cheese pizza which was impressive- initially its very good but once you start chewing on them it gets rather bitter and the texture is that of course sand, but nonetheless it was something I found to be enjoyable and a treat since there is nothing like this over here in South Africa

Now again this isnt a preworkout where you can instantly feel or see the difference so bear in mind this rating is more to do with convenience and the lack of gut irratations.

I have a very odd gut that can either love something or hate something. Now with these meat snaks I experienced not gut discomfort at all, which was a huge plus. Not everything agrees with me but this did - add to that the convenience was epic. I would normally have one packet midday and it certainly statisfied my hunger to the point where I wouldnt feel hungry at all and would only eat again when it was time and it would hold me out around 4/5 hours which is golden. This is definitely a snak I would hit as a preworkout meal as it causes no gut issues and has a nice 20g of protein, which is always a plus in reaching those macro goals, if you are into that stuff. The important part to understand that this is a snak and would also aid smaller meals and improve the protein content of a meal.

I have seen a box of 8 going for $22.91 which equates to $2.86 each, which is okay. As a snak its not cheap but then again its alot cleaner than most protein bars/snaks but then again getting protein from a unique source such as chicken (unique in the snak category) it is understanable, hopefully the price would come down in the future but if it ever came this side I would definitely give it a go again.

Side Effects

Conclusion

7.5/10
Overall this chicken protein snak is suprisingly good, not the tastiest but it can only get better from here. Barndad is a brand that has produced some interesting stuff but after trying this I am no longer afraid to take the plunge on odd protein sources. I was also a bit upset to see pea protein isolate added into the mix which takes away the initial drawing card of "chicken protein"... If the pricing does decrease and flavor improve as a whole I definitely see these meat snax being a top seller!

February 2, 2018

• Discontinued
  • Odd Texture
  • Outrageous Claims
  • Pricey

Hey everyone I know this maybe a second review in a row about a discontinued product, but hey someone has gotta do it. Now I am no expert in Myostatin inhibitors but from what I gathered - myostatin is a naturally occurring regulatory protein responsible for limiting muscle growth in humans. So a myostatin inhibitor basically allows more muscle growth than normal. And heck I am always looking to gain muscle without the use of gym candy, so I decided to give this a go (and throw my doubts aside)

pictured below

Nothing much to see here, this ...

pictured below

Nothing much to see here, this is not the cleanest formulation as such and I would have liked them to leave out the fructose and dextrose. All this is, is basically egg yolk from fertilized chicken eggs.

Taste

Vanilla
Now I was expecting something a lot better tasting, as the reviews claimed "it tastes amazing" etc but honestly it was sugary and that texture was really not that pleasant as it was soil and sure it was't bad at all and tasted like vanilla batter but sheesh it tastes artificial af - but I did have it washed down with my double strength cup of joe and ginger which caused it to become a very favorable morning routine. I wish they tried more flavors but heck it was expensive at the time

Mixability

Cannot comment on this as I had it as a raw powder and not as a shake

1 scoop in a lil bit of water or 1 scoop in the trap and eaten as a powder.

Now why is this even effective? Follistatin is a protein that has been shown to inhibit myostatin (found in egg yolks), now with knowing this I was still skeptical because as much as I wanted to believe it would work, it sounded too good to be true I mean ''Clinically shown to reduce myostatin in 100% of human test subjects by an average of 46% in only 12-18 hours" So if this was true then why didn't it ever become the next big thing? I guess they went a bit over board with the claims and that hurt not only the brand but the idea - people expected gear like gains from all these claims. But anyways... lets move on:

This was something in its own category so its hard to rate it as I normally would, but I will touch up on my experiences and the effects. I did not notice any strength gains at all, which was a bit of a let down, stamina also seemed the same. The real result was really the muscle gain I experienced - Not only did I put on muscle but size - and coming from someone who hasn't really made tremendous gains in the past few years (steady progress) was amazing. I didn't notice the size or muscle as it seemingly came in outta no where, but others noticed which was even more of a shock.

Having a chest thats seen better days (after gyno surgery) its always been a body part I wanted to grow - and its been a long ass journey to say the least. But recently a stranger approached me and said "bra your chest is huge! how much you bench" before I told him the secret that "squats grow your chest" sudden shock hit me as I had no clue what I have done differently but after our chat, the realization that it was infact myox thats caused this convo I was in awe. And what followed these last couple of weeks was nothing short of great! Compliments left, right and centre - and guys I aint lying I have not heard these compliments since I was in my prime and thats saying something!

I gained significant amounts of size on my lats, arms, traps and crucially chest. Its no joke or lie - but reflecting back its been really awesome - since I am offseason I was able to add a few more kilos as well but maintain a decent shape - MyoX is really a tool great for not only gaining muscle but body recomp as well and if it were cheaper (and not discontinued) I would definitely add it to my prep as this would help me maintain and gain! But I cannot lie when I say there should be more to this than unknowingly gaining muscle - an alpha feeling would have gone a long way so adding a test boosting compound and astragin (love it) would have probably made it untouchable and the closest thing to gear without sides. (depending on what test boosters)

It is really hard justifying this pricetag even by todays standards, sure it worked and all but some sites had this for over $70 - sure the process isn't cheap and was kinda ground breaking at the time but would you rather spend money on this or gear? Most will choose the latter. Sure its a month supply but not worth the pricetag in my opinion. Sure it is safe and all but meh I don't know, I do kinda see value in it when I get the kind of compliments I did - its not something I would run daily but when needed.

Side Effects

None - I was a bit skeptical here but awesomely enough no sides at all.

Conclusion

I really do think that there is potential here, I wish it was not marketed the way it was where they made you believe you will turn into Vic. Martinez on first dose, but if they keep it 100 and stated "lean muscle growth and size was profound in those using Myo X" something like that would have sat well with not only me but others. At the end of the day its expensive egg yolk powder but the process can't be cheap - but saying this, it was something I would buy again even at the price it was going for because the results were something that brought about muscle size (it wasn't drastic but any gains for me is a win because I have been stuck in a rut as such) and aided me in improving my weaknesses without steroids and more importantly without sides! If you find it, try it.

January 24, 2018

Pros:
 Cons:
  • Versatile
  • Low Carb
  • No Stomach Issues
  • No Where Near A Proper Post Workout
  • Missing A Lot Of Proven Ingredients

Hey guys, I am an aging mid twenty chap who likes post workouts just as much as pre workouts. MPS struck me as something slightly different. It was a mix of curiosity and hope - in all honesty. The profile was rather simple with a lot of technical terms thrown in there, and with being more or less dead stock I managed to scoop up 2 tubs for more or less dirt cheap!

basically per scoop you get
7g of bcaa
500mg Hica + 250mg KIC (metabolites of Leucine)
2.4g whey protein isolate.

Now yes you read that correctly 2,4g whey protein isolate LMAO...

basically per scoop you get
7g of bcaa
500mg Hica + 250mg KIC (metabolites of Leucine)
2.4g whey protein isolate.

Now yes you read that correctly 2,4g whey protein isolate LMAO. But in all seriousness as a post workout this looks terrible, if it was a intra complex as such maybe it wouldn't get raised eyebrows from myself, but this formula is flawed in many ways. Theres so many ways I would improve this to make this a contender to be a real post workout muscle builder.

Taste

Fruit punch
Extremely bitter and a chemical after taste left me with multiple sour faces and it was more or less a chug every time, which was a real appointment. I found it alot more drinkable with a trusty double scoop of vanilla whey which more or less cancelled out the bitterness!

Mixability

Can't really comment on this aspect as I now use a blender for my post workout (best to be honest here), but the first few times it mixed with more or less no fuss at all.

1 scoop immediately post workout, water varied again as I used MPS with 2 scoops of vanilla whey

Now here is where it gets strongly disappointing, not only did it taste bad and the profile lacked almost everyrhing but effectiveness was so minimal it made question if it even worked.

Now coming off of Postlift really put MPS to the sword and it was no match at all. Recovery was so minimal that I woke up with more stiffness than usual and DOMS persisted. Every morning was a battle and I ain't over exaggerating, I then added 2 scoops of whey protein which helped alot more than just a stand alone scoop of MPS, unlike the claim "1 scoop post workout is all you need" I find this grossly exaggerated.

I noticed very little of everything, strength was flawed and never seemed to increase - now we all know a post workout formula addresses the fundamentals - recovery, strength, restoring lost glycogen levels as well as gaining lean muscle mass. One thing i can say is that I kept lean - but was it all MPS? nope. But this is an advantage, it can be versatile if you are prepping for a show or cutting out carbs etc. But is it a post workout? HELL NO, its more of a BCAA mix with a ridiculous 2.4g of whey iso in it - and worst part is Dymatize is a top notch brand in all fairness especially when it comes down to their protein (their isolate is insanely good!) but this does them buggerall to be honest. Now if they added a carb source (dextrose, dextrin, vitargo), creatine mono, betaine, at least 20g of isolate, astragin, tart cherry and l-carnitine tartrate then heads will be turned and results will be felt. To me this was a cheap shot to get people to buy this by using advanced words that noobs would jump on the bandwagon, but sadly it didn't deliver (not in my books)

This goes for around $30 a tub which lasts 20 servings but then again it is very ineffective - and for me this was just an addition to a make do post workout - I had additional whey protein and added ALA, so is it value for money? if it works for you then great! but I highly doubt it will, especially if your pushing yourself to the limit.

Side Effects

No stomach issues to report, thankfully

Conclusion

I don't really have much to say about MPS, although it sounded great, and looked lack luster (hoping for a miracle of sorts, which never happened) on paper it was an ok experience with very little gain and a lot of loss. If they just kept it to the basics of what a post workout should be, I am sure it would be alot more effective and alot better on paper than MPS. To me MPS was a marketing ploy of just disguising a BCAA (with a leucine metabolites) as a complete post workout - and I am sorry, you cant compare! Postlift was miles ahead of MPS and really shocks me about what a difference a few clinical ingredients can do - so Dymatize please rectify this, you got a winning iso formula so use it to your ability and make a real post, for real gainz!

January 7, 2018

Pros:
 Cons:
  • Better Recovery
  • No Stomach Issues
  • Slight Fatloss
  • No Prop Blends
  • Reduced DOMs
  • Can Be Alot Better
  • Flavor Needs To Improve
  • Missing A Few Real Clinical Ingredients

2018 is already a few days old so its about time to hit up my first of many reviews for this year. Basically for me, post workouts are a crucial part of my daily life as they are that important. Postlift always looked real good on paper and when I finally decided to purchase it, it was on clearance at bodybuilding.com. So I went ahead and got a bottle, and was pretty impressed by the results.

Now a few guys went over this already, with detail.

Now a few guys went over this already, with detail.

basically this version the original version (as I see bodybuilding.com has an updated formula which looks lame) has:
25g of Cluster dextrin which is the next best post workout carbohydrate besides Vitargo which is still superior in all honesty and still under utilized, regardless cluster dextrin clears the gut very well and leave little to no stomach issues at all plus it helps restore lost glycogen levels.

2g L-Carnitine tartrate - Improves athletic performance and assists in improved recovery and fat loss.

10g BCAA (5g leucine, 2.5g isoleucine, 2.5g valine) Promote muscle growth, repair and improve fatloss as well as increase muscle protein synthesis.

Betaine 2.5g improves strength and promotes muscle growth

Hica 2g Significantly decreases DOMS and promotes muscle growth

Taurine 2g Good for the heart and liver, helps those with anxiety and depression, improves athletic and mental performance.

Now all in all this looks pretty darn good, but this also leaves it so close to near perfection.
I would have loved to see an addition of whey isolate or hydrolyzed whey in this not only to accelerate muscle protein synthesis but also to improve recovery, which when I added my own whey blend to PostLift I felt overall my recovery was improved. The addition of Tart cherry which is a very sought after post workout ingredient, would have made this even better.

This is a premium post workout supplement but cinnamon extract would have improved it overall I feel because improving insulin sensitivity post workout is ideal for me and having an adaptogen of some sort (Ashwagandha) would have really made this something completely different and complete as heck who wouldn't want an adaptogen post workout to help cope with stress and anxiety which will lover cortisol levels. And lastly seeing the addition of astragin or something to improve nutrient uptake would have been great! But maybe I am being a bit too specific or needy but the whole point of this supplement game is to improve - so heck its a lot of money to spend on a so called clinical post which is pretty good but dig deeper and it can be so much better. Also the exclusion of any form of creatine is also a negative - one cannot denounce the effects of creatine especially the tried and true creatine monohydrate, remember its just not only the proven effects on strength gain but also the cell volumazation effects which are immediatley noticeable not to mention improved recovery is another benefit.

And props to Nutrex for no prop blends here

Fruit Punch was not what I expected it to be, it was overpowering and bitter, I knew it might taste like poo as high levels of Leucine (bitter), Carnitine Tartrate(bitter) and Hica (super bitter) probably wont taste good. But alas once I started adding vanilla whey to the mix it tasted alot better almost like Universal Torrent but the bitter taste just really never died. I cant really say where it mixed well or not due to me using my blender with ice and a scoop of vanilla whey, I guess anything would mix pretty well if it was thrown into a blender. It's harder to clean but heck I am in love now as a blender makes everything taste more or less better. I used the recommended 2 scoop post workout with an unspecified amount of water as I made it to my own liking.

Well considering I have been training really hard as of late due to overcoming some stomach issues and personal demons, it was pretty easy for me to assess the damage or lack of thanks to post lift.

One of the immediate effects I noticed was the lack of DOMS, normally I would battle to move the next day or be really stiff AF. This wasnt the case whilst on Postlift as I did feel alot more "rejuvenated" not only after each day but somehow after each serving it was like an immediate effect, but the only issue was that this wasn't just postlift as a standalone - the addition of whey protein made it really that tad better as the first few dosage were without whey - I didn't feel as recovered as I did when I left out the whey. It may sound like a false report but truly whey didn't only make it taste better but improved my recovery as well. But with that being said Postlift was a game changer in the way it made me recover that much better.

Other than the improved recovery was the fact that I seemed to gain a bit of lean muscle mass which was noted by my wife and a slight bit of fatloss, and mind you I didn't change anything (diet/training/cardio) so it was definitely thanks to Postlift. And seeing the effects visually does make you train that bit harder and with even more intent!

I didn't notice much of anything when it came to the strength department, which is a shame. I trained with more or less the same weights as before and the deal breaker here has to be the exclusion of creatine. No joke, as soon as I came off it and added mono into the mix post workout I didnt only get stronger but my endurance as a whole did improve - say its a placebo effect but nah its just an ingredient that shouldn't ever be dropped. I did feel and notice a nice fullness after every workout too.

For recovery, this stuff combined with whey is the real deal. Without the whey its good but whats the point in buy it when its more or less an advanced amino complex with 25g of cluster dextrin (now 20g)?

Another note I have to add is that this is really filling, like I would barely feel hungry after consuming a serving but there was no stomach bloating or issues at all which is a positive in anyones book.

Not the best pocket friendly postworkout product out there as I think this was on clearance at bb.com for around $40, which isn't really cheap at all for what you truly get. 20 workouts do go pretty quick, especially when progress comes. But again I had to add whey to this, so its really not a "all in one" post workout the way its kind of perceived and marketed. I understand the idea is for the consumer to buy their own brand whey and add to it, but not everyone is that wealthy to splurge on two separate products especially when the one is like (or was) around $50 or more when it first came out. In all fairness its not really worth it, and making your own postworkout wont only be cheaper but better? Sure the ratios are high and the ingredients aren't cheap but meh...

Side Effects

Conclusion

A very good but expensive post workout recovery drink that can be better. As mentioned above recovery is really awesome and if you have the extra cash to splash on this and some whey then by all means this is an awesome product and would do great. But lets go deeper and seek what would really make this stand out besides price tag, cluster dextrin and aminos - well then its lacking quite a bit. I am not bashing the product as such, but their Outlift was no doubt amazing and really well thought out, it just seems like postlift was just a "by the way" product where they are hoping to sell their protein formula as well with this. Truly there are a load of complete post workouts that will destroy this. But in all fairness postlift is or was headed in the right direction, their new formulation is inferior comparing it to even this. If they just drop the cluster dextrin throw in dextrose or something significantly cheaper and add in creatine would it not only make the product a bit cheaper but better as well (and possibly better tasting). SO ja guys this is just my view on this "clinically dosed post workout powerhouse" that worked pretty well, but sadly the new postlift looks a far cry from even this, and I wouldn't even bother to give it a bash until it looks like a complete postworkout should!

December 23, 2017

Pros:
 Cons:
  • 1 Scooper
  • Top Notch Profile
  • Increase Strength And Stamina
  • Pricey
  • Not For Newbies Or Anyone Slightly Stim Sensitive
  • Jitters
  • Energy Seems To Never Fade

Sup guys, here with a review on Isatoris' new and very prolific preworkout appropriately named Morph Xtreme. Having tested the waters of various stimulated pres and dosages I was certain this would be something to rival or even overtake Muscle Marinade. I just need to say that this is thee most difficult review I have ever had to write, and again each to their own, I really loved it and hated it simultaneously. I will be very detailed.

One of the most complete preworkouts ever to be formulated IMO. Not only are the dosages more or less clinical but as I will explain really effective... I mean REALLY. The addition of a BCAAs is also welcomed as I train first thing in the AM (especially on this). Overall its got everything you need in a pre workout thats caused a helluva lot of contemplating. Love the near full transparency apart from the extended energy blend which is a prop blend.

Serving Size: 1 Level Scoop (28g)
Servings Per Container: Approx. 20

MORPH XTREME Performance Blend 22,307mg
Max Pump I Plasma Expansion Matrix 8,025mg
Citrulline Malate 7,000 mg
Inositol Stabilized Arginine Silicate (Nitrosigine) 1,000 mg *
Astragalus (root)(Astralgus membranaceous) Extract; Tienchi Ginseng (root)(Panax notoginseng) Extract (Astragin) 25 mg

Strength I Muscle I Endurance Complex 7,200mg

CORE Energy I Focus I Cognition Matrix 2,890mg
Taurine 2,000 mg
Choline Bitartrate 500 mg
Caffeine Anhydrous 350 mg
Yohimbe (Corynanthe yohimbe schum)(Bark) Extract (supplying 3.2mg Yohimbine) 40 mg
Extended Energy Blend 167mg
Glucuronolactone, Theacrine (TeaCrine), Ashwagandha (Root) Extract (Withania somnifera) (KSM-66), Cordyceps (Cordyceps sinensis), L-Tyrosine, Holy Basil (leaf) (Ocimum tenuiflorum) Extract, Reishi Mushroom (Ganoderma lucidum) Extract.

Other Ingredients:

Waxy Maize, Natural And Artificial Flavor, Maltodextrin, Silica, Sucralose, Acesulfame Potassium, Calcium Carbonate, FD&C Blue 1.

Taste
I was really good, I had the bombsticle flavor which was like a candied blue berry drink. It was correct sweetness yet it was tarty too. It tasted alot like MT Vapor X5 Next Gen pre Icy rocket but a tad better IMO. The residue left is very very bitter so that kind of takes away from the initial great taste.
Mixability
Wasnt all that bad, but again with most jam packed pres, residue at the bottom is bound to happen. I do shake it rather vigorously so I dont have too many issues when it comes to mixability.
Simply I used 1 leveled scoop of Morph X into 300mls of water 20/30 mins before I hit the weights.

FML. Is the first word that comes to mind when using this, its really that good. It almost seems to get better with every session, I know some build a tolerance as such to higher stim pres and they are only their best at their first usage, but not this - hells nah.

The best experience was easily the cognitive state you are put in - almost surreal and it lasts... Anyone watched Lucy? Well its like that kind of feeling and scenario as such, everything became clear and problem solving throughout the day was unreal. I cant say enough about everything I experienced, I literally was stronger every workout, I know it sounds cheesey but heck I hit the weights with a purpose like the good ol days when jack3d conquered at a triple scoop but this lasted. It was alpha af all around, my pumps were unreal, I had the most surreal experience in this department I was visually more swole than I think I have ever been each session was more or less the same experience. Endurance was also improved and definitely leading to greater workouts where literally I did not want it to end, I added in additional exercises with addition reps and sets.

Focus and energy are the standouts here, I have to say the energy was a bit overwhelming almost possessed in a way. These 2 components made every workout worthwhile to the point where you almost become dependent on it which to me is not ideal, being addicted to anything especially something so strong was my downfall here, but I will get to that in side effects.

I hit the weights with such intensity my dull workouts became raged with intent and determination, I was sweating like a mofo and loving it, it really made me feel alive and loving it... a bit too much.

I Bought it for $45 with a free bio gro 60servs on bodybuilding.com which is not bad at all but being that I live on the other side of the world this became a $120 pre workout when you factor in clearance and shipping. The pricing is ridiculous I know, but I cannot unfairly mark it because of where I live but on average this is $2.25 per scoop which isnt cheap, but that being said it is truly a single scoop knockout, and you guessed it 20 scoops is 20 hard ass workouts. so basically a month and a bit supply for most, which isnt bad, most pres still need an extra this or that added in but definitely not this!

Side Effects

This is seriously stronger than anything I have used, it hit me so so differently its hard to get my head around why I cant outright recommend it but thinking long and hard about why, darn this shiz is too much. I know caffeine wise its really not too high but overall too much of a good thing, I can say side effects aside this is 2nd best pre I have used, its snapping at the heels of the New Muscle Marinade but it will not ever topple it unless a slightly reformulated lower stim/energy profile comes out. The difference between the 2 is very minimal but worlds apart, Muscle marinade dies out during the day but Morph simply doesnt, something my anxieties couldnt deal with coz this shiz stayed in my system like a demon as such. But heck we are all different and simply for me I would take something like MT Vapor x5 because its usable and wont have me in junkie and panic mode, the whole reason I use supplements is to find a balance and what works for me but this was a tad too much.

I almost had a heart attack as such where, after feeling like a lower stim pre for shoulders I went for a 200mg caffeine pre and next thing I was sweating my ass off started sweating profusely like I have never experienced before and I had no idea wtf to do. My heart was racing like I am a goner, and throughout the whole day I just regretted ever using Morph, nothing is worth your health and sanity. As much as I loved everything it gave me - energy, pumps, intensity, strength, sheer determination, endurance and focus like this the shiz you see on tv I just cannot recommend it out right. And to further my point my wife used half a scoop and hated it, she had palpitations. So I mean heck if you enjoy near death or stimmed af pres I'd still say take with caution. I miss it I wont lie, but it was like a car that I cannot afford, at the end of the day its all about YOU and what works for you and this clearly did more harm than good - it actually brought back anxieties and feelings I worked months and years to get rid of and literally scared me away from preworkouts as a whole.I even went the entire day without any stims besides Morph and heck things didn't improve, I couldnt even get in a good nights rest with weird ass heart beats and restlessness I am not making this up, I wish I was but it was that screwed up. I on the other hand had no crash but the constant jitters were there almost the entire day which made me think made it was a constant crash my brain couldn't fathom?

Conclusion

As much as I want to love it I can't, I was torn to even do this review - but honesty counts, and if I want to be the best reviewer I can be I cannot let anything slide, yo anything giving me sleepless nights, near heart attacks and anxieties is something I cannot recommend. I do say that we are different, but being in this game so so long I kinda know right from wrong - I have never experienced something like this nor would I want anyone else to. Simply its an astonishingly effective pre where the side effects are full blown and have more or less made me rethink everything - even being a supplement reviewer it was that bad, but knowing that a set back needs a come back I cannot quit. But choosing you wellbeing over a supplement is radical in my books, so if Isatori make a lower stim version I am all for it but leaving it the way it is and the troubles its caused me is not wise. I value my life more than this thats for sure. But without the sides it would have been a compelling duel between Morph X and thee ultimate Muscle Marinade but as it stands Morph X was too xtreme and makes me wonder what exactly was in there? Is the label correct? But heck maybe its best I just don't know - for the sake of my own sanity.