FRIDGE

TROPHY CASE

Reviews by FRIDGE

June 15, 2018

Pros:
 Cons:
  • Banned Substance Free
  • Hydration
  • Endurance
  • Feeling Of Well Being
  • Improved Immunity
  • Contains Rhodiola Rosea
  • Lacks A Few Ingredients
  • No Pump Or Volumization
  • Have To Find A Complementary Pre To Suit

A very effective and interesting Intra - where less seems like more! This is my new addition that I am keeping (believe it or not).

Hey guys, Not a huge O.N fan to be honest - there's this huge misconception about their Gold Standard whey that has gotten me into trouble with a rep in the past (when I was working with USN). Since I cleared that up I was on the look for a new intra since I normally just a BCAA drink during my workouts I found myself slacking as soon as I went off any form of a pre workout. This had to be resolved...

----Ingredien...

Serving Size 1 Scoop (10 g)

Servings Per Container 28

Potassium (as Potassium Chloride) 100 mg
BCAA Blend (L-Leucine, L-Isoleucine, L-Valine) 5 g
Bakers Yeast Beta Glucan (Wellmune) 250 mg
Rhodiola Extract (root) 200 mg

I love that this is no prob blend and everything is laid out truthfully

Now being that is has a slightly warped view on a regular intra that contains your normal BCAA blend from ratio 2:1:1 until maybe a 10:1:1 with a electrolyte blend and maybe taurine thrown in for good measure, Train and sustain is slightly different as it claims:

5g BCAAs in 2:1:1 Ratio
Performance Support from Electrolytes*
Endurance Supporting Rhodiola*
Wellmune to Support Immunity*
Banned Substance Tested

The addition wellmune and Rhodiola makes this rather compelling and unique. Right off the bat I am a fan of Rhodiola as its an adaptogen that not only boosts endurance but fights depression and improves mood. But I have read caffeine can act against it - but I will leave that for another topic , purely their intention for for enhances performance. Overall This certainly could be improved with additions such as L-citrulline and beta alanine that would have helped with the lack of any pump and so too better endurance but this certainly held its own with these 2 major ingredients - which normally are found in almost every decent pre workout and at sufficient dosages too... So I get where they are coming from since they also have a pre workout that contains the missing ingredients as mentioned.

Taste

Raspberry Pomegranate - 8/10

Being that the local site I was on had only this option as a flavor I reluctantly got it. Since I am not the biggest fan of pomegranate I was fearing the worst - pomegranate is usually bitter and I don't do bitter. I was in favor of the pair as raspberry could be a nice sweet touch to balance the flavors rather well.

Well it was definitely a stronger kick of pomegranate than raspberry, its alot more tarty/sour than sweet but it is not bad at all to be honest. It does hit your senses as rather strong, but once your used to it - its rather enjoyable. I must say sipping on this served as refreshing drink! I did buy a few of this flavor as there was a promo on this - I have yet to try any other flavors as yet - but if this is anything to go by I am keen!

Mixability

Mixes extremely well and easy, no grit or foaminess. I have mixed it with a spoon and it mixes instantly - Really impressive.

2 rounded scoops in 350ML of water. I dont quite see the logic of a mini scooper that requires 2 scoops when a larger scooper would just require a single scoop. Pretty brainless IMO.

I didn't expect much from this intra - It seemed basic but I liked the addition Rhodiola as I thought it would a great combo along with ksm66 - fighting stress ain't so easy.

Anyways I have used multiple intras, intras are really a staple in almost every serious lifters supplement arsenal. For me I kinda fell off the gain train since I had adverse effects with xtend elite and all their additional extras. But from the onset this felt different, like it didn't try to be something it ain't and stayed true to its roots of being a basic yet effective intra. The positive effects on my endurance cannot be undermined - training whilst under going emotional strain is daunting! But on train and sustain I was able to think slightly clearer and train slightly longer and in turn harder!

I always ended my workouts with a bang which left me feeling alot better after a long day - and on the flip side my new training regime in the am has proven to be more effective overall in terms of mood and effectiveness. But all I can say that finding a pre to couple with this might be a challenge - I found their pre workout didn't work at all and I ended up having a terrible workout. But now I have a pre that works in terms of energy and focus which really complement train and sustain!

Don't expect any sort of pumps if you use this as a standalone, but overall it does what it claims - I can't say too much when it comes to the wellmune aspect as my immune system is pretty lit lol, but this could be a worthy addition as your immune system does dip slightly due to vigorous training and cardio, so having this in an intra and keeping your immune system peaked is a cool and good idea. Other than the total lack of pump or volumizing effects this certainly does the job and keeps me at it.

Value I found to be extremely good. I use this only on my training days - 1 tub lasts 28 workouts which is a long ass time, I train around 4/5 times a week, so it lasts me around 5/6 weeks which is real good. I got this on promo this side on a buy 2 and get 1 free for around $80. I know that aint cheap but here its the average price of an intra. I know it normally goes for around $30 in the US, which is around $1.07 a serving - and thats pretty decent for what it does.

Side Effects

Conclusion

A really kick ass banned substance free intra that really improved my overall experience during my session and out - which is exactly what I am looking for. To me - finding a staple supplement is hens teeth. The additions of wellmune and rhodiola rosea is a unique concept that does work extremely well. I found that this intra has made me enjoy training alot more and yield better recovery and improved endurance. Sure its not the most complete pre workout and does fall short in a few departments - but it really does hold its own without those ingredients! Also it don't taste too bad... Nice job Optimum!

June 12, 2018

• Full Transparency
  • Astragin
  • Micellar Casein
  • Curbs Hunger
  • Ideal Anytime
  • Grittiness

A top notch, fully transparent protein blend that serves justice, anytime! Just bitterly disappointed by bad taste and grittiness! Once this gets resolved (vanilla ice cream) then in my eyes it will be alot more complete.

Hi guys, here with a review on Sparta Nutritions' whey protein. Now I am a fan of whey - but a bigger fan of blends - especially fully transparent blends. The inclusion of micellar casein in this makes it very tempting to me since I prefer a diverse mix for gains. Sparta Nutrition is new to SA and I was keen to give them a try - even though it was pricey.

Supplement facts:

Serving Size: 1 Scoop (33.5g)
Servings Per Container: 67

Dietary Fiber 0g
Sugars 1g
Protein 25.5g
Whey Protein Blend
Whey protein isolate 12.2g whey protein concentrate 13.1 micellar casin 6.0g, sunflower oil creamer 1.065mg astragin 25mg, sodium caseinate 100mg, tocopherols 100mg, lecithin 100mg
Flavoring, xanthum gum, 250mg, sucralose 60mh.

A very pleasant blend, fully laid out in detail what amount of what you are getting - not seen so often but I wish to see it more often. I really like the addition of astragin which maximizes absorption. All in all a very impressive low carb/fat protein blend that serves as anything you want it to be - post, pre bed time, am shake - pretty great! And did I mention NO amino spiking? Top marks here.

Taste

Vanilla Ice cream

bleh - is the best way to describe this. I had very high expectations here - since the flavors looked so good, naturally I chose the blueberry option but somehow the site never even carried that flavor - so it was the option of vanilla or chocolate ice cream. I was so confident it would taste good I jumped at a chance for vanilla ice cream but looking back at that option - it was a BIG mistake.

The taste is rather harsh, it is overly bitter and rather bland. It has a rather sweet chemical taste that I have to down it. This infact has a good thickness that isn't too watery or thick. I have never once drank it as I should have, which is unfortunate. Nowadays taste technology has jumped leaps and bounds - but this hasn't. One of the most cringing parts is the grittiness of this protein, it is pretty brutal and leaves a tickle in your throat.

Mixability

For all the grittiness this mixes surprisingly well, I normally vigorously shake this in a standard shaker bottle with a strainer and within a few seconds there's no chuncks or residue left behind.

1 scoop to 300ml of water or milk.
I generally have a scoop in the AM as my first meal, along with greens powder.

Firstly, using this a meal of sorts it's not so hard to judge its effectiveness. One thing that defiantly stands out is that its a hunger buster of sorts. I can go on for a good couple of hours and not feel any hunger - and that's on 1 scoop. I occasionally ventured into a double scoop when meals were few and far between. I felt this protein can work in any diet - being that the carb and fat content is low and the protein content high, its one of those proteins I could buy in the future, once the taste has been sorted and reformulated. I did find using Sparta whey in general my recovery was improved, but then again its hard to judge this aspect fully since there are so many factors at hand. A protein can only do so much, satisfying hunger and curbing appetite is one of factors I look to, lets not forget primarily the macros.

Another very good aspect was that I experienced no indigestion or stomach issues during my usage of this protein. Every whey/protein blend reacts in a certain way - some good or some bad.

This is real good, apart from the taste.

Prices do vary but an average price of around $55 dollars does seem to be the standard price - which equates to around $0.82. Here it costs around $72 which is a little over a dollar a serving which isn't bad considering its a blend fortified by a blend of whey and micellar - I didn't expect it to be cheap, it has worthy ingredients. I just whish the taste lived up to the bill, thats all.

Side Effects

Conclusion

A very GOOD product that really can be used anytime. This is Sparta Nutritions' first attempt at a protein powder and if this is anything to go by then I do really wish to see more products similar to this in the near future. I really feel like this protein was one of the most transparent blends I have used, its a good feeling to know exactly what your getting and whats inside each scoop! Protein powders have really come up in leaps and bounds, but in saying that - the taste and the excessive grittiness leaves alot to be desired... Sure it filled me up and is pretty decent value for money, but darn the taste really let me down! Other than that no complaints here.

Overall
Overall
9.5
  May 26, 2018

Pros:
 Cons:
  • Quality Ingredients
  • Improved Recovery
  • Strength Gains
  • Only 1 Scoop
  • Pricey
  • Only 14 Servings
  • Mixibility Questionable In A Shaker

A fantastic COMPLETE postworkout that ticks almost every box, besides the servings and cost. This made me recovery faster and ultimately train harder the next day.

Hey guys back with a review that I am ultra keen to present! It's been brewing for a while since I really have enjoyed this a lot. I was looking for a complete post workout to really help with my recovery that has been rather horrid due to stress and anxiety. A massive thanks to blue star nutraceuticals and especially to Chris who was keen for me to give post factor a go, it had a lot to conquer including my very beloved universal torrent! Let's see how it stacks up!

2.63 LB
Serving Size: 1 Scoop (approx. 85 g)
Servings Per Container: 14

CherryPURE (montmorency tart cherry) (fruit) powder 480mg
ActiGin (Panax notoginseng & Rosa roxburghii) 50mg

XD Delivery Technology Complex 61mg
Fumaric Acid
BioPerine Black Pepper (Piper nigrum) (fruit)
AstraGinTM (Panax notoginseng, Astragalus membranaceus) (root)
Sodium R-Lipoate
Succinic Acid

Ingredients: Maltodextrin, Hydrolyzed Whey Protein Isolate, Natural and Artificial Flavors, Citric Acid, Sucralose, Enzyme Amylase, Soy Lecithin.

A very impressive array of ingredients not to mention the profile is really something worthwhile, the ratio of about (carb:protein) 2:1 to me is ideal. This is no whey concentrate cheap protein mix but the edition of hydrolyzed whey isolate really does set this apart, it's not an everyday sole protein source because it ain't cheap but its super effective. Tart cherry and L-carnitine tartrate are added in for recovery along with Maltodextrin which restores lost glycogen levels. The delivery matrix is also a real gem as it enhances the absorption!

The only thing missing to some was betaine and creatine of some sort. I guess in todays super pre workout formulas - sufficient dosages are found in every area nowadays be it in the new age intras aswell. So to me the lack of creatine was okay as Nitro tech and Dr jerkyl x has all the creatine I am after.

Taste

Key lime Pie

Being a fan of just about any tarty or sweet post workout, I assumed this would taste great and being recommended this flavor by Chris at Blue star - I knew would be good, but with everything you cannot be too sure. Normally taste goes can go a few directions. I used to be a fan of crazy sounding flavors until these crazy sounding flavors just tasted like generic vanilla and strawberry or chocolate. So I was a bit curious at best.

Let me first tell you that I used Post factor in conjunction with a blender and ice, because I train at home and finished training around 6:30/7:00pm so this would be a thick treat, and luckily it turned out to be. now key lime pie is not really known in SA but geez this tasted great! It was more or less a perfect blend of lime and vanilla with a hint of cinnamon, that was slightly more tart than sweet - this was really a taste I enjoyed and looked forward to drinking after every session.

Now nothing in this game is perfect, there is a slight grittiness and bitterness at the bottom but that is forgivable due the nature of the ingredients like L-carnitine tartate which is naturally bitter af! So this is not perfect but for what it is, it was darn good! In plain cold water it is a bit watery but thats why I had to use a blender, but I will give this the benefit of the doubt!

Mixability

In a shaker this wasn't all that good, infact without a blender I could get a little frustrated due to the fact this can get a bit frothy and clumpy, even though its vigorously shaken. I definitely assume most will be drinking this in a shaker so be sure to shake in segments and allow it to settle then shake again.

1 scoop of post factor (the scoop is large!) in 12oz of cold water, but as mentioned I enjoyed this in a blender with ice. I would consume this right after my training.

Ah here comes the best part!

Now I am going to be very frank here, this came in a very crucial time in my life and acted like a blessing - firstly again thanks to Chris and the guys at Blue Star for making this review happen! Now going through a midlife crisis as such at the age of 26 ain't no joke. I would get DOMS like you would not believe and overall battle to recover. The Recovery was really something special and continuously it helped me train harder, day in and day out as my recovery was improved a whole lot. The way I know this is because experience and secondly because I slowly regained all the intensity and strength that went astray during this difficult time. Strength is something I have lost during this transition but slowly I have regained it, to the point where I am just as strong as before.

I do feel the exclusion of creatine did not hinder my strength regain because the recovery was really that good, ofcourse there is soreness but not how it was at one point when I actually hid away from training. But I found Post factor truly lifted my spirits and training overall during the toughest time in my life. muscle gainz well I had to put a z there for added emphasis. But I normally shy away from measurements but heck I was feeling and looking smaller than usual so I decided to hit a few measurements on my biceps and in 2 weeks I gained a CM on both - relaxed and flexed which was a real feat for me, it really made me want to hit the gym harder and harder. This really is a combination of everything but knowing myself I need to give credit to them because it really was a game changer for me and improve my LIFE, thats a huge statement but it is true! I was genuinely disappointed when it was finished.

This is a post workout that I versatile in the off season and precontest, I wish to have another go at this a try out the other 2 flavors! which are chocolate truffle and blueberry pomegranate! Nothing is perfect but this is near perfect for me! Amazing product from a really reputable brand!

Now here is the only major draw back, this is not cheap but neither are the ingredients. It goes for $56.99 ($4.07 / Serving) on bodybuilding.com and on special at www.bluestarnutraceuticals.com where everything except iso-smooth is 50% off! I would have loved this to last a month but since I train 4/5 times a week this lasted about 3 weeks for me. But having a bigger sizes would be really awesome! But that is just about the only flaw when it comes to post factor - is that without the savings it would be pricey in general.

Side Effects

None. No gas or upset stomach.

Conclusion

A really fantastic complete post workout that proved to be more than just a supplements but a life enhancer in so many ways - I was able to train harder, recovery better and get stronger whilst gaining lean muscle mass (Tastes great plus only require 1 scoop) which is just incredible since I was going through such a rut personally. But I cannot say thank you enough to Chris and the guys at blue star for making this happen. I mean I am definitely a fan of any supplement company that puts their customers first with amazing products and a 60 day money back guarantee which is pretty rare. It is not cheap but then again quality is not cheap is it. I definitely hope another opportunity will arise with them. I am not paid to say this and I freely speak and say what I want and when I want. So overall this is my favorite supplement to date and one cannot sleep on blue star, they aint playing games!

May 2, 2018

• Makes You Sweat
  • Focus
  • Fat Loss
  • Not Overly Stimulated
  • No Crash
  • Pricey

A very impressive fatburner, with no side effects... thus giving me hope in fat burners again!

Hey guys another review here, this time on Muscle Sports powdered fatburner - Alpha Burn. Again a thankyou to Muscle Sport SA for this oppurtunity, its a real honor. I am not going to lie I am not the biggest fan of fatburners due to the fact I am a bit stim sensitive and I prefer coffee. But knowing that coffee alone isn't the key to burning max calories the profile of this looked really promising and not overly stimulated!

...

rauwoiscine 3mg
capsiatra 3mg
acacetin 25mg
n methyl d aspartate 25mg

I really like this formulation as it definitely falls under the advanced category with an array of real exotic ingredients that surprisingly worked, without any issues whatsoever. This is alot more planned out than just bucket loads of caffeine and thankfully it did not contain any raspberry ketones and garcina which I find to be over hyped.

Taste

Cosmic Candy
I was a bit skeptical with how cosmic candy would taste since rhino pump tasted horrible and artificial. This had a pleasant fruity candyish taste, but it was more fruity but enjoyable to say the least. It did have a slight bitter aftertaste but not too bad as it was pretty sweet. But overall a very nice taste.

Mixability

It mixes really well with no compliants at all in a shaker or in a glass of water, since I shake and stir vigorously lol.

1 serving in the AM served me well in about 250mls of water in a glass or shaker.

I used Alphaburn as my cardio helper in the AM, now we all know how daunting mornings are, so getting motivated is a bit of a mission. I found the motivation came alot easier than on just coffee and then the focus was really nice - I love L-Tyrosine and on conjunction with everything else it worked great, the elevated mood was really needed and it made cardio bearable and made me push alot harder.

This stuff really makes you sweat, I felt a very bearable thermo effect that kicked in when the effort went up, I am not usually a sweater but this make me sweat and then some more. during my usage I lost a few inches off my waist and my stomach was slightly firmer. I never used this wanting to soley burn fat but to help me tone up while still being pretty laid back with what I eat, so this is something I will definitely utilize this in the future when its time to rip up and get back on stage. This served its purpose and then some more. I must also mention that I had not experienced any kind of crash, which is always a bonus.

I cant say that is the most powerful fatburner out there, usually powerful refers to an over usage of stimulants but thats where I think AlphaBurn shines, its not hard hitting but good enough to feel the fatburning, focus and energy effects without the crash or racing heart, So this to me is one of my favorite fatburners as is was more or less spot on with just about everything. I would have liked to have CLA or even some carnosyn beta alanine in this as I felt it could have improved the overall fatburning and muscle sparing effects (CLA) and improved stamina (B.A) but heck thats about it. These exotic ingredients worked a treat, but with an improved and revised emphasis on diet I can only imagine how much better the results would have been.

This is not cheap by any means, but seeing that it did a great job and all it isnt such bad value since I do not utilize alpha burn daily it lasts a bit longer than a month. 1 tub is enough for 30 servings and a tub costs around 650 ZAR which is around $52 , i know you can find it cheaper but this is the price we pay around here.

Side Effects

Conclusion

Well I am super impressed by AlphaBurn, its one of those products where I am willing to forkout the extra paper since it did such a great job in making me tone up and enjoy the sweat filled cardio sessions, that to me was its proving ground and it did that with ease. I cannot really find a fault in this which doesn't happen all too often. Fatburners to me have always been a bit of a rough spot as they either are under dosed and not effective or overly stimmed. I would definitely recommend this to anyone looking for a great all rounder fatburner where alot of boxes are ticked. I am really glad and honored I got this opportunity from Muscle Sport SA, thank you.

April 30, 2018

Pros:
 Cons:
  • Clinical Dosaging
  • Great Pumps
  • Almost Full Label Transparency
  • Great Packaging
  • A Little Too Strong At A Full Scoop
  • Headaches
  • A Bit Of Overkill

Wassup guys here today with another review, I have made April one of my busier months review wise. Even though I am not participating in SR as much as I'd like, its def on my to do list. Anyways Firstly a big thankyou to Muscle Sport SA for the opportunity to tryout their very jam packed rhino pumped and alpha burn. I hope this will be the first of many collabs with this very premium brand!

A very impressive profile with a huge array of ingredients.

Per 1/2 serving (10g)

Cellular ATP Ignitor
Peak 02 (prop blend) 500mg
L tyrosine 500mg
alph...

A very impressive profile with a huge array of ingredients.

Per 1/2 serving (10g)

amentopump 50mg

nutrient uptake matrix
astragin 25mg
vanadyl sulfate 3.75mg

At half the dose it is already formidable in many aspects, one of the surprises was to see the exclusion of creatine and beta alanine. I know that this was done to accommodate their stimulated - Rhino black but being a guy who dislikes stims as I love my golden brown liquid (coffee) I find these exclusions really disheartening. On the same note I feel a little too much was going on, I like the inclusion of amento pump - it has some very interesting properties, varying from increased fat breakdown to vasodilation, which may also increase the body's ability to get nutrients into muscle cells plus it has a direct effect on increasing strength. I feel as If it was overkill in someways but alas a very jam packed formulation.

Taste

Pineapple
MuscleSport really has some great and unique flavor options, throughout their range. I received pineapple and I was curious as to how it would taste, being a fan of pineapple (for obvious reasons,lol) I was keen to give this a go. At 1/2 a scoop or at a full serving this to me was overly artificial and tasted bitter af. Now understanding its laced with a million ingredients it must be a challenge to make something so advanced in formulation taste great, I am not making any excuses, because so many companies have made advanced formulas that actually taste good. This was something I had to chug down, sadly.Plus it was chalky too

Mixability

Well it was rather chalky and required a thorough shaking, but as expected it was gritty and nasty at the end.

1/2 - 1 scoop 30/20 mins prior to training

Now here comes the part I have been waiting to get off my chest. This stuff is not for the beginner or a newbie, it hit me pretty hard to first time I used it, it does require a transitional phase as such, so my advice is to start off with a 1/2 serving. I felt a bit ill and had a bit of a headache at first but after a while everything got better. I hardly noticed any difference when it came to endurance and strength. I liked an aspect of a non stim pre as it strikes boxes I thrive on as I am not a fan of heavy stims but seeing that this formula is set for their stimulant pre workout makes me feel a bit upset as I feel they left out the best ingredients such as beta alanine and creatine. I noticed a slight jolt of energy but nothing to really special.

The most impressive part of this, is the pump aspect. I found myself looking swole af after just a few sets compared to the end of my workout where I'd be looking my peak, this was the most formidable aspect to me. On the other hand the focus wasn't all that appealing to me, I mean there is alot going on here and at a full scoop it worked but I felt like less emphasis here would have been better, I am a minimalist fan and using tyrosine and choline by themselves yielded a far better response at lower doses than this. I understand that MSI is a brand that wants to be premium in every aspect and I feel their labeling and range is rather good but being a bit too extravagant will have its flaws, nothing wrong with their clinical dosing but a bit of overkill. I did not experience any stomach issues aswell.

But on the flip side if you are used to hefty dosages this may suit you alot better than it did me.

A full tub will last you 20 workouts, if you use a full serving (1 scoop) this is not cheap at all. a tub this side of the world is around $70 ($3.5 a serving) and for a stim free pre that to me is a hefty price to pay, but understanding the number of ingredients and the hefty dosages its understandable to a certain degree. If you are on a budget and find that 1/2 a serving is good then it can be a little more worthwhile but since we all gain a tolerance of some sort its only a matter of time that 1/2 scoop wont did what it used to do.

Side Effects

At a full scoop I noticed slight headaches and a feeling of illness. This did pass after time, but its not pleasing.

Conclusion

Again a very big thank you to muscle sport SA for this awesome opportunity, it was really appreciated! Overall I felt like this packed stim free pre is good but better suited to those who are used to heavy hitting pres as the doses are strong at a scoop. I liked that almost every thing is clinically dosed, but as noted here more isnt always better and what didnt work for you may work for you. I do like everything about this brand and the class it does ooze. I just really hope another oppurtunity arises where I can give a more suitable review on their protein powders and their bcaa/post workout since I am not the most hardcore preworkout user out there any longer. But this is certainly worth a try, I have no clue how it would be stacked with their stimulant pre but all I know that it will be pricey af! But anyways I will give this the benefit of the doubt and recommend this - but like with everything you need to assess your tolerance.

April 24, 2018

Cons:
  • Strength
  • Stamina
  • Prop Blend
  • Can Taste Better
  • Not The Most Effective Creatine Formula

Hey guys, firstly a very big thank you to SR.com with their bounty program and making this review possible, it is very much appreciated. But yes I am a actively fit natty bodybuilder and understanding the role of creatine as such it is pretty much part of my daily routine, as creatine is also linked to alot of benefits, not just strength so getting a product with multiple sources was something I was curious to see.

Serving Size: 1 Scoop (6g)
Servings Per Container: 50 Servings
Total Carbohydrate 1g
Sugars
0mg
S...

Serving Size: 1 Scoop (6g)
Servings Per Container: 50 Servings
Potassium (as Potassium Chloride) 99mg
BEST CREATINE BLEND 4g
Creatine Monohydrate
Creatine Anhydrous
Creatine MagnaPower (as Magnesium Creatine Chelate)
Creatine Phosphate
Creatine AKG
pH Buffered Creatine Alkaline
Betaine Anhydrous (TMG) buffered 500mg
Himalayan Pink Salt 50mg

Ingredients
Maltodextrin, Silica, Natural and Artificial Flavors, Citric Acid, Sucralose, Malic Acid, Acesulfame K, and FD&C Red No. 40.

Not the most convincing formula out there, I am not the biggest fan of BPI due to their claims and their results of purity etc. It still has maltodextrin lol... And again one cannot know the exact quantity of each form of creatine you are getting which I know is primarily creatine monohydrate but still this in todays industry is unacceptable. I feel BPI needs to step up their game here, But as far as the forms go they are good but Mono will always be king, plus 500mg of betaine is somewhat underdosed at 500mg, seeing it around 2000mg would have been alot more beneficial here.

Taste

Rainbow Ice
The smell is great, but the taste... well not so much. It is very artificial and quite bitter at the end but overall the sweetness wasnt too bad as it carried a tarty taste which wasnt so bad - BPI to me makes some of the better tasting products out their that carry a infamous feel as its mostly sugar or some heavy dyes. This is a limited edition but you aint missing out on much here.

Mixability

Is not bad but it does always leave behind a bit of bitter residue - I normally mixed mine in a glass with a spoon with little fuss.

I use 1 scoop in the AM before I get my day started as such, as mentioned above I just full a glass with water about half way and throw in a scoop of best creatine.

Now here comes the telling factor, I didnt know what to exactly to expect but as an experienced lifter and supplement user I knew that creatine is a staple, especially monohydrate. But being that this has a few forms of creatine I was excited see if any other than the usual will happen (strength gain). I will note the obvious - there was no need to load this, which is advantageous in regards to not having a loading phase where its rather easy to forget, unless you are well organised unlike myself. But alas I felt that I had little to no water retention compared to standard mono hydrate, which can make you hold a bit. I found my strength remained rather good and even though I was going through a stressful phase in my life I felt as if my strength never got below the norm and in times of complete effort my lifts did improve. Now would this formula be improved at a higher dosage? Yes. But like with most BPI products it fails to be anything more than just average. This to me helps improve more than just my strength but my overall mood as well. I would not take this over mono for the simple fact that mono is tried and true, but being that this doesnt need a loading phase and is pretty straight forward I can see the overall appeal to this, But dont call it "best" creatine when its a prop blend lol. On another plus I didnt notice any stomach issues or discomfort.

value is not bad, a tub that has 50 servings goes for about $25, which isnt cheap but with the multiple forms it supposedly isnt that cheap to manufacture. A tub lasts 50 days, or near 2 months if your using it daily like me. It equates to $0.50 a serving but there is a 100 serving option which is only $0.45, its not much of a difference but if you want quality then 100% pure creatine monohydrate is ideal!

Side Effects

N/A

Conclusion

Overall not bad but in the same breath it can be alot better - I wouldn't buy this again due to the simple fact that although it worked in principle it didn't replace the tried and true creatine monohydrate. This is certainly an attempt to try and pull one over the unawares newbie supplement user but fails to even give the exact dosing of each form of creatine, which is sad in a way as bpi continues this prop blend. I do wish to see a better taste without the added bitterness which is possible due to the addition betaine, but I didnt see the use of betaine as it wasnt properly dosed at all. Overall an okay supplement that is far from being the best. Oh and a big thank you to SR.com for this opportunity.

April 4, 2018

Pros:
 Cons:
  • Better Endurance
  • Better Recovery Between Sets
  • Better Pumps
  • Tastes Amazing
  • Mixability Not Too Good
  • Would Be An Effective Pre
  • Occasional Jitters And Bigger Crash

Hey peeps, back with another review here, this time with a complete intra. I have been a fan of the past, but as finances tighten I really do find an expensive intra as a luxury. But since this was on special and being a fan of the really well known og xtend which I still to this day rank as the best intra. But anywho scivation has been busy with their xtend formulas.

1 Rounded Scoop (19.5 g)

L-Leucine 3,500mg
L-Citrulline Malate (1:1) 3,000mg
L-Glutamine 2,500mg

PEAKO2 Performance Blend 2,000mg
Cordyceps (Cordyceps militaris), Reishi (Ganoderma lucidum), King Trumpet (Pleurotus eryngii), Shitake (Lentinula edodes), Lion's Mane (Hericium erinaceus), Turkey Tail (Trametes versicolor)
L-Isoleucine 1,750mg
L-Valine 1,750mg
CarnoSyn Beta-Alanine 1,600mg

Electrolyte Blend 1,140mg
Sodium Citrate, Potassium Chloride, Sodium Chloride
Sensoril Ashwagandha (Withania somnifera) root and leaf extract

As you can see this is a very well dosed intra, at 1 scoop it's real good but again at 2 scoops is the max dosage. I like the addition of sensoril as it's proven - but with the peak 02 blend I feel in someways this can be overkill especially if you have a very complex pre workout that would already induce concentration and focus. I feel this can be an effective pre workout - just add in some caffeine and to me it's more appealing - Again each to their own. Aside from that this is probably one of the most complete Intras out there.

Taste

Sour gummy: 9.5/10
This has to be one of the best ever tastes out there. It tasted just like sour gummies which is seriously refreshing as it has a near perfect balance of sourness and sweetness which made each session enjoyable

Island punch fusion: 9/10
Another really awesome flavor, it was a flurry of tastes which tasted like an exotic blend of fruits, it was a nice blend of sweet and tart -there was no clear flavor pushing though but it definitely tasted like a refreshing punch which is hard to pull off especially considering it contains no sugar!

Mixability

Was okay, I found that with the minimal water needed (as recommended) it left a bit of residue if not consistently shaken often. Mixibility can be improved here but it's no train smash.

10-14fl oz of water per scoop. I went for a single scoop each training session and sipped it during my workout. I felt that, because of the great taste this went in no time lol.

As ingredients go this is wonderful, the idea is great - have an intra that's as complex as a pre. But that's where I feel it also shots itself in the foot.

As the og xtend went, it was and is still brilliant and effective. I felt that xtend elite is trying too hard - the peak 02 blend is a mixture of ingredients that boost memory, focus and stamina. But as soon as I hit a heavy pre, I felt ill at times. Yes my stamina was better and I recovered faster between sets but I would feel a bit uneasy and jittery especially nearing the end as if it enhanced the crash - now xtend elite isn't entirely to blame. I feel jumping on xtend as a pre worked great although it's not recommended that way.

Xtend to me did a overall better job than their new xtend elite as it was basic and straight forward, elite was a little overwhelming with its efforts in of course trying to topple their og xtend. The plus side as mentioned is the enhanced recovery overall and improved stamina, I do feel this can be a lot more beneficial to those doing real intense workouts and activities but for me solely as aiming on building muscle it kept the tempo going decently but if I compared this to say breach it's not that much better in terms of stamina. The pumps were also good and constant, I do like this product but it certainly didn't hit my expectations and caused.

I happened to get this on B.B.com on special a buy 1 get 1 50% off. A single tub goes for $40 for 30 servings. So in actual fact this is pricey for an intra but the ingredients are dosed really well especially at 2 scoops - but that means going through 2 tubs a month if you train daily - which is pretty excessive and pricey. I do see intras as important but not necessary.

Side Effects

Occasional jitters and headaches when a heavy and complex stimulate pre is used.

Conclusion

I really like the effort shown here by trying to be innovative but sadly I feel it is a bit overkill. Maybe it's me, but I can only give my honest feedback. The flavors were really outstanding, the pumps and stamina were noticeable, this is not cheap especially at the max dosage... but I feel Elite has more potential as a pre than an intra! But nonetheless the normal xtend to me will always remain king - but now they need the flavoring system that elite has!

April 3, 2018

Pros:
 Cons:
  • Insane Taste
  • Instantized
  • Solid Recovery
  • Simplicity
  • Affordable
  • Versatile
  • May Require More Than 1 Scoop Based On Your Needs

Hey guys here with another review on a supplement I have really enjoyed. The uses of amino acids range from anti catabolic properties to anti stress properties. I stay active as much as I can to stay stress free and also to loose fat and build muscle - naturally this has helped and served multiple purposes.

*Pictured*
iso amino formula 5g
l leucine (instanized, ultra soluable) 2.5g
l valine (instanized, ultra soluable) 1.25g
l isoleucine (instanized, ultra soluable) 1.25g

other ingredients: malic acid, natu...

*Pictured*
iso amino formula 5g
l leucine (instanized, ultra soluable) 2.5g
l valine (instanized, ultra soluable) 1.25g
l isoleucine (instanized, ultra soluable) 1.25g

other ingredients: malic acid, natural and artifical flavors, sucralose, silicon dioxide, acesulfame, potassium, maltodextrin.

A simple profile but with it being instanitized and ultra soluble - it lead to higher quality and better results. I had an issue with the other ingredients as maltodextrin is listed which makes me question the 0 calorie listed...

Taste

Dorks 9/10

Man is known for there unique flavors, and more often then not they deliver. I'm not really sure how exactly dorks taste, it's not a local product here in SA but nonetheless I found the taste to be a perfect watermelon like taste that wasn't too sweet but a tad more sour which I preferred.

Mixability

I had little to no issues in this department - I would mix it with a spoon and although the spoon mix was a bit frothy it was still enjoyable.

As suggested 100-150lb athlete 1 scoop , 150-200lb athlete 1.5 scoops , 200+lb athlete 2scoops.

Now this is a bit of a pill to swallow because if you follow the suggested dosage you end up with a very expensive amino supplement. But for the sake of it firstly being expensive and secondly to make it last. So for me 1 scoop of this with a glass or 300ml of water before I trained or in the am, where I needed a boost of aminos to break my fast.

As mentioned this was used to support my goals of recomposition as such. I found this to be extremely effective and a nice pick me up before my workout along with some joe (coffee) not to mention I would use it when I skipped a meal due to work and again it kept hunger at bay and also provided a slight injection of energy compared to before having it. I do feel aminos can be very effective when used correctly - although this may come off pretty ironic as I never hit the suggested 2 scoops, it still worked really well. We live in a time where a little doesn't go a long way so overall it's safe to say 2 scoops would have been ideal as I am weighing more than 200lb but for what's its worth , this with a solid diet and training regime can lead to some good results - whether it's fatloss, keeping anabolic, improving MPS and overall muscle growth this is really a top amino acid supplement.

Considering I bought this from bodybuilding.com and paid for shipping and clearance I cannot really give it a fair rating but let's assume I was in the states - this goes for around $20 which isn't bad as it equate to $0.67 - and for that price it's rather affordable but if you gonna hit more scoops it's going to cost more which is logic. The flavor alone is worth the price tag

Side Effects

Conclusion

I found this amino acid supplement to be really useful plus enjoyable, it ticks all the boxes when it comes to taste and effectiveness. The labeling and the whole look of their products really make it appealing to any buyer... A 2:1:1 ratio is far more effective than a 10:1:1 ratio so for those who know what's good - this is great. I would say follow with what works, for me a scoop or 2 a day worked well and assisted in just about everything. But if you follow the suggested routes and your over 200lbs be prepared to pay a bit!

Overall
Overall
9.5
  March 28, 2018

Pros:
 Cons:
  • Delicious
  • Can Serve As A Filling Meal
  • No Stomach Issues
  • Solid Profile And Ingredients
  • Affordable For What It Is
  • Could Do With Some Form Of Fruit

Hey guys another review here, and I am very pleased to say I have found my new favorite protein bar! Its incredible that Universal as a brand has been around so long and yet they keep bringing out quality products, and now a much needed real food protein bar that Frank Mcgrath had a lot to do with, which is fantastic! But anyways back to the review.... I needed a bar that can easily adapt to my new lifestyle of eating less but still getting in multiple sources of protein and carb sources when I am on the move, plus less cooking means more time for life.

----Ingredient...

Here are the rough for these bars: 27g protein, 34g carbs (6g fiber, 20g sugar), 15g fat (4g saturated), 370 cals. Peanut Butter, Honey, Brown Rice Syrup, Milk Protein Isolate, Whey Protein Concentrate, Milk Chocolate Coating (Sugar, Palm Kernel Oil, Nonfat Dry Milk, Cocoa Powder, Soy Lecithin [an emulsifier]), and Salt), Whey Protein Crisp (Whey Protein Concentrate, Corn Starch, Cocoa Processed With Alkali), Inulin, Chocolate Chips (Sugar, Chocolate Liquor, Cocoa Butter, Soy Lecithin [an emulsifier], and Vanilla), Rolled Oats, Cocoa, Almonds, Peanuts, Natural and Artificial Vanilla and Chocolate Flavors, Peanut Flour, Sea Salt, Potassium Sorbate

There are alot of ingredients that into a bar, but seeing the variety of protein sources and carbohydrates really does set this apart. When they say they mean and this has been the foundation of their longevity and success over the decades! I love that it contains honey, peanut butter and rolled oats. Admittedly its not the "cleanest" formulation but the point of this bar is for it to be a "food bar" so to me I am not complaining here... Could a "lite" or diet snak bar work? Well it can if they maintain the taste and protein! Another aspect I enjoy is that there is no artificial flavors or sweeteners, no sugar alcohols and no added sugar! But I'd like to add that I'd like to see an inclusion of some sort of dried fruit to add to the real food feel - but I guess they are playing it safe as they seeing how snak does.

----Taste---
I was fortunate enough to get all the flavors from bodybuilding.com, to me they were all great and unique in their own way. they are very rich, to me the double chocolate brownie and peanut butter honey and oats were my favorite. But overall the taste was awesome and I just hope they will add more flavors in the future.

Texture

Was on point! It was chewy but man was it perfect literally like eating a full meal bar, normally protein bars today can be quite chewy but and lacking any real "wow" factor. I loved that each bar had its own individual identity. The first thing you get straight up is you are eating something real and good.

1 bar whenever you feel for a snack or on the go meal, for me I would have this midday and it would fill me up all the way.

Now again I cant gauge this but what I can do is speak about how it served its purpose in being a wholefood bar.

I have to give this a max rating just because it really did wow me, being in this game so many years you come across plenty of various bars that cause bloating, gas and taste like poo. Well Universal has done something spectacular here and literally made a bar I can eat anytime and anywhere. Unlike other bars that cost more, taste worse and have no whole food ingredients snak is really effective in being a healthy meal on the go and really can fill you up all the way. The protein content is high and really does aid in reaching macro requirements when needed. Theres not too much more I can say here other than this to me is the perfect bar and really goes beyond a purpose of being a snack and instead being a meal when theres no time too cook or being on the road, anywhere and anytime its perfect.

To be fair the pricing is on point, I mean a bar on average goes for about $2 and a box of 12 for $23.49 (bodybuilding.com) I mean a proper meal today with a nice amount of protein and carbs is alot more than $2. We live in a world where the cost of living let alone proper healthy meals cost a fortune. Go out and eat that healthy wrap with a teaspoon of chicken that costs you $4/5 and then you see that these snak bars are affordable and well priced. Giving it a 9 doesn't mean I am being generous but rather a result of honesty and a real plan of action that will see this being the best protein bar around. I know its advertised as a snak but gosh darnit it served as a meal for me. But for it to be a 10 a form of fruit in this would make it perfect to me.

Side Effects

Conclusion

Nothing is perfect but this is near perfect to me, from the packaging, taste, ingredients, macros and texture. I somehow feel that this is a game changer and it yells "big boy" when you take a bite, I imagine Evan Centopani and Frank Mcgrath have these bars often because its certainly a manly man bar and being formulated with athletes in mind. These Snak bars are really the perfect combination of everything that was lacking in the protein bar section - being lack of texture, whole food ingredients and taste! I hope more flavors and an inclusion of fruit in the future will happen, oh man perfection! This is certainly a bar I would buy again... and again!

March 27, 2018

Pros:
 Cons:
  • Increased Strength
  • Improved Sex Drive
  • Fatloss
  • Improved Mood
  • Better Sleep
  • Needs Larger Options

Wassup guys, this review was a bit delayed but nonetheless I was able to pull through. I was training around 5 times a week and eating clean. This was the period before I got ill so it was my last effort to do proper bodybuilding I suppose. A special thank you to SR.com for making this review possible and for the amazing opportunity, the bounty program is really something I have been praying for!

4 caps per serving

Zinc 3.6mg
Vitamin B6 1.3mg
Tribulus terrestris 750mg
Fenugreek 450mg

8 tabs a day, 4 in the morning and 4 in the evening. The tablets are rather large and so make sure you drink it with enough water or it could mean a choking episode.

Initial dosaging of 8 tabs a day is a bit hard taking into consideration they are full sized tabs and one uses quite a few other vitamins also so the amount is a bit daunting.

Now I decided to be a lot more detailed when it comes to percentages and gains etc I do like to give back as much as I can being that SR has given me this wonderful opportunity.

The first 4 days no noticeable effects took place but after the 7th day I could definitely noticed increased sex drive as well as overall strength in my workouts. I tracked a 16% increase in my average bench press and a 13% increase in my shoulder press.

After the 12th day I noticed a 0.5kg increase in LBM and drop of 0.7kg in BF, which is great as I didn't change much in my diet and I wasn't super strict!

My sleep patterns were a lot better from day 1 and also felt a lot more rested upon waking and had more energy for the day ahead. And I have to add my overall mood was improved a whole lot.

The major negative aspect on the supplement is the fact that at it's full dosage, it will only last 12 days which means 2,5 containers a month which this a bit... but other than the costs it was a really enjoyable experience for an experienced lifter to still gain lean muscle mass and improve on major lifts this is a mighty fine local attempt!

Here is the major drawback, the value... a bottle of test surge is only $15 and you'd be fooled to think its a months worth! But nope only 12 days... so that means 2.5 bottles will last a month. So its around $37.50 a month which isn't cheap, but its not too bad considering it is really effective but I would prefer to see this aspect improved

Side Effects

Now being that I am prone to gyno and I am rather cautious when it comes to anything that boosts natty test levels - this surprisingly caused no sides at all. I didn't notice any extra acne or anything out of the ordinary but then again I hit the full dosage which means 12 days as opposed to the normal 1 month protocol so it would be a lot more interesting if I hit a full month which would be a better indicator toward possible sides.

Conclusion

I love the health aspect of this product as much as the muscle building properties with improved moods and better sleeps, I do feel this is a must for those whose natural T levels are marginally low and your over the age of 25 to see the best results as our levels slowly drop from around 25... This was a really great 12 day supply which I wish lasted... But this is definitely a local supplement that could and would do well once pricing and size options are improved! The real harsh reality is that going through 2,5 bottles a month seems a bit much - I mean it's a lot of pills if you think of it, so sorting the size of the actual container and making it a month supply is needed! Again thank you SR for this opportunity!