FRIDGE

• Better Recovery
  • Can Be Alot Better
  • Flavor Needs To Improve
  • Missing A Few Real Clinical Ingredients

2018 is already a few days old so its about time to hit up my first of many reviews for this year. Basically for me, post workouts are a crucial part of my daily life as they are that important. Postlift always looked real good on paper and when I finally decided to purchase it, it was on clearance at bodybuilding.com. So I went ahead and got a bottle, and was pretty impressed by the results.

Now a few guys went over this already, with detail.

Now a few guys went over this already, with detail.

basically this version the original version (as I see bodybuilding.com has an updated formula which looks lame) has:
25g of Cluster dextrin which is the next best post workout carbohydrate besides Vitargo which is still superior in all honesty and still under utilized, regardless cluster dextrin clears the gut very well and leave little to no stomach issues at all plus it helps restore lost glycogen levels.

2g L-Carnitine tartrate - Improves athletic performance and assists in improved recovery and fat loss.

10g BCAA (5g leucine, 2.5g isoleucine, 2.5g valine) Promote muscle growth, repair and improve fatloss as well as increase muscle protein synthesis.

Betaine 2.5g improves strength and promotes muscle growth

Hica 2g Significantly decreases DOMS and promotes muscle growth

Taurine 2g Good for the heart and liver, helps those with anxiety and depression, improves athletic and mental performance.

Now all in all this looks pretty darn good, but this also leaves it so close to near perfection.
I would have loved to see an addition of whey isolate or hydrolyzed whey in this not only to accelerate muscle protein synthesis but also to improve recovery, which when I added my own whey blend to PostLift I felt overall my recovery was improved. The addition of Tart cherry which is a very sought after post workout ingredient, would have made this even better.

This is a premium post workout supplement but cinnamon extract would have improved it overall I feel because improving insulin sensitivity post workout is ideal for me and having an adaptogen of some sort (Ashwagandha) would have really made this something completely different and complete as heck who wouldn't want an adaptogen post workout to help cope with stress and anxiety which will lover cortisol levels. And lastly seeing the addition of astragin or something to improve nutrient uptake would have been great! But maybe I am being a bit too specific or needy but the whole point of this supplement game is to improve - so heck its a lot of money to spend on a so called clinical post which is pretty good but dig deeper and it can be so much better. Also the exclusion of any form of creatine is also a negative - one cannot denounce the effects of creatine especially the tried and true creatine monohydrate, remember its just not only the proven effects on strength gain but also the cell volumazation effects which are immediatley noticeable not to mention improved recovery is another benefit.

And props to Nutrex for no prop blends here

Fruit Punch was not what I expected it to be, it was overpowering and bitter, I knew it might taste like poo as high levels of Leucine (bitter), Carnitine Tartrate(bitter) and Hica (super bitter) probably wont taste good. But alas once I started adding vanilla whey to the mix it tasted alot better almost like Universal Torrent but the bitter taste just really never died. I cant really say where it mixed well or not due to me using my blender with ice and a scoop of vanilla whey, I guess anything would mix pretty well if it was thrown into a blender. It's harder to clean but heck I am in love now as a blender makes everything taste more or less better. I used the recommended 2 scoop post workout with an unspecified amount of water as I made it to my own liking.

Well considering I have been training really hard as of late due to overcoming some stomach issues and personal demons, it was pretty easy for me to assess the damage or lack of thanks to post lift.

One of the immediate effects I noticed was the lack of DOMS, normally I would battle to move the next day or be really stiff AF. This wasnt the case whilst on Postlift as I did feel alot more "rejuvenated" not only after each day but somehow after each serving it was like an immediate effect, but the only issue was that this wasn't just postlift as a standalone - the addition of whey protein made it really that tad better as the first few dosage were without whey - I didn't feel as recovered as I did when I left out the whey. It may sound like a false report but truly whey didn't only make it taste better but improved my recovery as well. But with that being said Postlift was a game changer in the way it made me recover that much better.

Other than the improved recovery was the fact that I seemed to gain a bit of lean muscle mass which was noted by my wife and a slight bit of fatloss, and mind you I didn't change anything (diet/training/cardio) so it was definitely thanks to Postlift. And seeing the effects visually does make you train that bit harder and with even more intent!

I didn't notice much of anything when it came to the strength department, which is a shame. I trained with more or less the same weights as before and the deal breaker here has to be the exclusion of creatine. No joke, as soon as I came off it and added mono into the mix post workout I didnt only get stronger but my endurance as a whole did improve - say its a placebo effect but nah its just an ingredient that shouldn't ever be dropped. I did feel and notice a nice fullness after every workout too.

For recovery, this stuff combined with whey is the real deal. Without the whey its good but whats the point in buy it when its more or less an advanced amino complex with 25g of cluster dextrin (now 20g)?

Another note I have to add is that this is really filling, like I would barely feel hungry after consuming a serving but there was no stomach bloating or issues at all which is a positive in anyones book.

Not the best pocket friendly postworkout product out there as I think this was on clearance at bb.com for around $40, which isn't really cheap at all for what you truly get. 20 workouts do go pretty quick, especially when progress comes. But again I had to add whey to this, so its really not a "all in one" post workout the way its kind of perceived and marketed. I understand the idea is for the consumer to buy their own brand whey and add to it, but not everyone is that wealthy to splurge on two separate products especially when the one is like (or was) around $50 or more when it first came out. In all fairness its not really worth it, and making your own postworkout wont only be cheaper but better? Sure the ratios are high and the ingredients aren't cheap but meh...

Side Effects

Conclusion

A very good but expensive post workout recovery drink that can be better. As mentioned above recovery is really awesome and if you have the extra cash to splash on this and some whey then by all means this is an awesome product and would do great. But lets go deeper and seek what would really make this stand out besides price tag, cluster dextrin and aminos - well then its lacking quite a bit. I am not bashing the product as such, but their Outlift was no doubt amazing and really well thought out, it just seems like postlift was just a "by the way" product where they are hoping to sell their protein formula as well with this. Truly there are a load of complete post workouts that will destroy this. But in all fairness postlift is or was headed in the right direction, their new formulation is inferior comparing it to even this. If they just drop the cluster dextrin throw in dextrose or something significantly cheaper and add in creatine would it not only make the product a bit cheaper but better as well (and possibly better tasting). SO ja guys this is just my view on this "clinically dosed post workout powerhouse" that worked pretty well, but sadly the new postlift looks a far cry from even this, and I wouldn't even bother to give it a bash until it looks like a complete postworkout should!

December 23, 2017

Pros:
 Cons:
  • 1 Scooper
  • Top Notch Profile
  • Increase Strength And Stamina
  • Pricey
  • Not For Newbies Or Anyone Slightly Stim Sensitive
  • Jitters
  • Energy Seems To Never Fade

Sup guys, here with a review on Isatoris' new and very prolific preworkout appropriately named Morph Xtreme. Having tested the waters of various stimulated pres and dosages I was certain this would be something to rival or even overtake Muscle Marinade. I just need to say that this is thee most difficult review I have ever had to write, and again each to their own, I really loved it and hated it simultaneously. I will be very detailed.

One of the most complete preworkouts ever to be formulated IMO. Not only are the dosages more or less clinical but as I will explain really effective... I mean REALLY. The addition of a BCAAs is also welcomed as I train first thing in the AM (especially on this). Overall its got everything you need in a pre workout thats caused a helluva lot of contemplating. Love the near full transparency apart from the extended energy blend which is a prop blend.

Serving Size: 1 Level Scoop (28g)
Servings Per Container: Approx. 20

MORPH XTREME Performance Blend 22,307mg
Max Pump I Plasma Expansion Matrix 8,025mg
Citrulline Malate 7,000 mg
Inositol Stabilized Arginine Silicate (Nitrosigine) 1,000 mg *
Astragalus (root)(Astralgus membranaceous) Extract; Tienchi Ginseng (root)(Panax notoginseng) Extract (Astragin) 25 mg

Strength I Muscle I Endurance Complex 7,200mg

CORE Energy I Focus I Cognition Matrix 2,890mg
Taurine 2,000 mg
Choline Bitartrate 500 mg
Caffeine Anhydrous 350 mg
Yohimbe (Corynanthe yohimbe schum)(Bark) Extract (supplying 3.2mg Yohimbine) 40 mg
Extended Energy Blend 167mg
Glucuronolactone, Theacrine (TeaCrine), Ashwagandha (Root) Extract (Withania somnifera) (KSM-66), Cordyceps (Cordyceps sinensis), L-Tyrosine, Holy Basil (leaf) (Ocimum tenuiflorum) Extract, Reishi Mushroom (Ganoderma lucidum) Extract.

Other Ingredients:

Waxy Maize, Natural And Artificial Flavor, Maltodextrin, Silica, Sucralose, Acesulfame Potassium, Calcium Carbonate, FD&C Blue 1.

Taste
I was really good, I had the bombsticle flavor which was like a candied blue berry drink. It was correct sweetness yet it was tarty too. It tasted alot like MT Vapor X5 Next Gen pre Icy rocket but a tad better IMO. The residue left is very very bitter so that kind of takes away from the initial great taste.
Mixability
Wasnt all that bad, but again with most jam packed pres, residue at the bottom is bound to happen. I do shake it rather vigorously so I dont have too many issues when it comes to mixability.
Simply I used 1 leveled scoop of Morph X into 300mls of water 20/30 mins before I hit the weights.

FML. Is the first word that comes to mind when using this, its really that good. It almost seems to get better with every session, I know some build a tolerance as such to higher stim pres and they are only their best at their first usage, but not this - hells nah.

The best experience was easily the cognitive state you are put in - almost surreal and it lasts... Anyone watched Lucy? Well its like that kind of feeling and scenario as such, everything became clear and problem solving throughout the day was unreal. I cant say enough about everything I experienced, I literally was stronger every workout, I know it sounds cheesey but heck I hit the weights with a purpose like the good ol days when jack3d conquered at a triple scoop but this lasted. It was alpha af all around, my pumps were unreal, I had the most surreal experience in this department I was visually more swole than I think I have ever been each session was more or less the same experience. Endurance was also improved and definitely leading to greater workouts where literally I did not want it to end, I added in additional exercises with addition reps and sets.

Focus and energy are the standouts here, I have to say the energy was a bit overwhelming almost possessed in a way. These 2 components made every workout worthwhile to the point where you almost become dependent on it which to me is not ideal, being addicted to anything especially something so strong was my downfall here, but I will get to that in side effects.

I hit the weights with such intensity my dull workouts became raged with intent and determination, I was sweating like a mofo and loving it, it really made me feel alive and loving it... a bit too much.

I Bought it for $45 with a free bio gro 60servs on bodybuilding.com which is not bad at all but being that I live on the other side of the world this became a $120 pre workout when you factor in clearance and shipping. The pricing is ridiculous I know, but I cannot unfairly mark it because of where I live but on average this is $2.25 per scoop which isnt cheap, but that being said it is truly a single scoop knockout, and you guessed it 20 scoops is 20 hard ass workouts. so basically a month and a bit supply for most, which isnt bad, most pres still need an extra this or that added in but definitely not this!

Side Effects

This is seriously stronger than anything I have used, it hit me so so differently its hard to get my head around why I cant outright recommend it but thinking long and hard about why, darn this shiz is too much. I know caffeine wise its really not too high but overall too much of a good thing, I can say side effects aside this is 2nd best pre I have used, its snapping at the heels of the New Muscle Marinade but it will not ever topple it unless a slightly reformulated lower stim/energy profile comes out. The difference between the 2 is very minimal but worlds apart, Muscle marinade dies out during the day but Morph simply doesnt, something my anxieties couldnt deal with coz this shiz stayed in my system like a demon as such. But heck we are all different and simply for me I would take something like MT Vapor x5 because its usable and wont have me in junkie and panic mode, the whole reason I use supplements is to find a balance and what works for me but this was a tad too much.

I almost had a heart attack as such where, after feeling like a lower stim pre for shoulders I went for a 200mg caffeine pre and next thing I was sweating my ass off started sweating profusely like I have never experienced before and I had no idea wtf to do. My heart was racing like I am a goner, and throughout the whole day I just regretted ever using Morph, nothing is worth your health and sanity. As much as I loved everything it gave me - energy, pumps, intensity, strength, sheer determination, endurance and focus like this the shiz you see on tv I just cannot recommend it out right. And to further my point my wife used half a scoop and hated it, she had palpitations. So I mean heck if you enjoy near death or stimmed af pres I'd still say take with caution. I miss it I wont lie, but it was like a car that I cannot afford, at the end of the day its all about YOU and what works for you and this clearly did more harm than good - it actually brought back anxieties and feelings I worked months and years to get rid of and literally scared me away from preworkouts as a whole.I even went the entire day without any stims besides Morph and heck things didn't improve, I couldnt even get in a good nights rest with weird ass heart beats and restlessness I am not making this up, I wish I was but it was that screwed up. I on the other hand had no crash but the constant jitters were there almost the entire day which made me think made it was a constant crash my brain couldn't fathom?

Conclusion

As much as I want to love it I can't, I was torn to even do this review - but honesty counts, and if I want to be the best reviewer I can be I cannot let anything slide, yo anything giving me sleepless nights, near heart attacks and anxieties is something I cannot recommend. I do say that we are different, but being in this game so so long I kinda know right from wrong - I have never experienced something like this nor would I want anyone else to. Simply its an astonishingly effective pre where the side effects are full blown and have more or less made me rethink everything - even being a supplement reviewer it was that bad, but knowing that a set back needs a come back I cannot quit. But choosing you wellbeing over a supplement is radical in my books, so if Isatori make a lower stim version I am all for it but leaving it the way it is and the troubles its caused me is not wise. I value my life more than this thats for sure. But without the sides it would have been a compelling duel between Morph X and thee ultimate Muscle Marinade but as it stands Morph X was too xtreme and makes me wonder what exactly was in there? Is the label correct? But heck maybe its best I just don't know - for the sake of my own sanity.

December 18, 2017

Pros:
 Cons:
  • No Fillers
  • Strong Macro Profile
  • Thickness Appealing To Some
  • Satisfies Hunger
  • Versatile
  • Transparent Label
  • Slight Bloat
  • May Require More Than 1 Scoop To Take Full Advantage Of A Slow Releasing Protein

Hi guys, I have always been a fan of muscle tech, their advertising was what drew me to them in the first place, mostly hype but it has a place in my heart i guess lol. I was looking for a low carb, slow releasing protein and as luck would have it, it was a buy 2 get one free deal on bb.com.

Clearly mt has disguised this as a micellar protein, which it clearly ain't. We know that micellar casein is a superior slow digesting champ and expensive too. As we see it micellar casein is not the primary source of protein this blend but the very last - how bout making it a real 100% micellar protein, not a disguised blend. But hey they have left the bogus claims behind this time and any filler ie. Maltodextrin - which makes it appealing to everyone.

Per 32g scoop you get:
24g protein
0.5g fat
110 cals
2g carbs

I am rather impressed!

Taste

I bought the supreme chocolate flavor...meh is the best way to describe the taste, it was anything but supreme, it was milky and artificially sweet - I have never liked mt protein flavoring in the nitro tech range, they need to sort it out. If any of you have ever had strength.com micellar casein then you will know what a stand out flavor tastes like! Rich and dark... If MT can make this taste like phase 8 choc it would make it alot more appealing, its hard drinking sludge that isn't so pleasant on the taste buds at all.

Mixability

Thick af simply. Its quite a nightmare without ample water like with any caseinate it will be thick but this was very thick which was reassurance that this was a good ass slow protein. Just plan to have extra water or a tap nearby. To any one thinking a small shaker will suffice - I say goodluck to you and rest in piece to your shaker lol. And this claim about a mouthfeel experience? Lol a good casein will have the same feel on the mouth, lol.

I used 1 scoop prior to sleeping, if i didn't reach a respectable protein target i would hit a double scoop. Great thing is that it really curbs hunger so if if i fast for real long it works real good. Casein has been shown to effective post workout along with whey protein and also serves as a good meal replacement anytime.

Again gauging effectiveness in a protein isnt easy and it will be abrupt. I managed to gauge this rather easily as i just finished off my cellucor casein, basically i felt better recovery ensued compared to not having it. I never felt hungry af waking up which can be the case for sodium caseinate or even whey - i would wake up with a sore stomach as such strange as it may sound. I felt satisfied waking up, even longer sleeps were just as satisfying. There is something about a quality casein blend that excites and yes its no pure micellar casein but it was impossible to tell the difference. Like with most wheys one cannot tell the difference, if any. One thing to note is a slight bloat, but to be fair its quite a thick drink. But fortunately no gas or upset stomach occurred.

For the first time in a while this is quite cost effective, I got it on special but even without the special its good value basically a 5lb equates to 71 servings which can be 71 days of this so over a 2 month supply. But realistically one needs to use it more often to take full advantage of a slow release protein.

Side Effects

Slight bloat.

Conclusion

For the first time in a while here is a mt product I would buy again! Apart from misleading micellar casein on the label and the not so pleasant taste and possible lack of innovation for taste - its rather top notch. Keeps you feeling full and makes you recover that bit extra, the use of casein cannot be overlooked as it is extremely versatile worthwhile! this is everything you want from a slow release protein, not to mention a premium brand making a must have (well for me) product for a reasonable price. Nice move muscletech, in the right direction!

Shout out to Clipper for motivating me to do this review!
Cheers,

December 12, 2017

Pros:
 Cons:
  • Nice Taste
  • Intensity
  • No Crash
  • Strength Increase
  • Clean Energy
  • Lack Of Pump
  • Some Main Ingredients Under Dosed
  • Pretty Much A Diy Pre
  • Lack Of Motivation And Stamina

When I think of BSN I immediately think back to when Ronnie was apart of them and they were making real good products that worked like nobodies business IMO, It was my favorite brand back in the day (thanks to Ronnie in all truth) But these past few years their products have been below par for me, But endo rush looked like something promising and that when I said "lets do this". Was it worth it? You will find out.

Nice array of ingredients, but some of the more important ingredients are severely underdosed at a single serving even at 2 servings. A bit disappointing considering its BSN we are talking about - they have been in the game for a number of years. Also like the full transparent labeling.

Island Cooler
In all honesty I was not expecting a milkyish kinda taste but Island cooler was that. Its not your typical taste, more tart than sweet but it was refreshing to say the least. I did hate coming toward the end when the bitterness of the residue set in and made it taste horrid and cringey. The taste was very reminiscent to tropica (dairy drink) which I quite liked, it was peachy and not so bad - I think they did a good job, besides the last few mls.

8.5/10
Mixed quite well, the only concern was no matter how smooth it looked it always ended with slight distasteful residue. If this was sorted it would have easily gained full marks in this department.

1 scoop with around 250ml/300ml did the trick, I would not recommend 2 scoops as caffeine intake alone would be 600mg lol.

For me preworkouts are a real a pain, because they either work really good or don't at all, I have to be cautious with my caffeine intake as well as I have a horrible habit of over thinking and stressing whenever I down large amounts of caffeine. SO finding anything that works without giving me stressors is a lifesaver.

I found BSN endo rush to be a lot better than XE and no xplode, the way the energy felt longer lasting and more effective overall. 1 scoop and it did the trick without any crash at all, it was a smooth ride and intensity was jacked up considerably. I love a pre that makes you hit the weights hard and less so hard hitting on your heart as experienced with stronger pres. I felt a nice flow of energy that did make me push harder in the gym overall and strength I felt was right up there, compared to not using it. Also the lack of any stomach issues was great, some pres hit others harder on the stomach than in the gym, luckily this want the case.

One of the issues I felt is the pump was pretty much absent, the lack of L-citrulline was very evident being that once I added in L-Citrulline pumps were great, this does need addressing and from a brand as big as BSN it is pretty much disappointing. Stamina wasn't exactly good too, and I was normally near exhaustion end of my workouts, I threw in extra beta alanine and the issue was resolved, its funny how the smallest of additions make for a better workout! And one last issue was, yes I did mention the energy was good and the overall push was nice too, but the aspect motivation was also not convincing, I had wasn't "feeling it" compared to other pres, but once you start hitting the weights it slowly kicks in...This needs addressing.

It may have sounded like I am dissing more than liking but the smoothness and lack of crash made me enjoy my workouts with the racing heart, which is something many would appreciate!

8/10\
30 workouts sound great on paper but considering you need to add extra L-citrulline and beta alanine this becomes something a whole load more impressive, enough so that can give most single scoopers a run for their money. At $30 its pretty reasonable and is worth a buy in all honesty, as we all react differently to pres and supplements in general.

Side Effects

N/A
lack of pump and getting easily side tracked if you haven't picked up a weight lol.

Conclusion

Very good - but it has the potential to be great is the best way to describe this. I know it may seem my effectiveness section was more dissing than liking - but BSN missed the simplest steps in making this great by avoiding clinical dosages of L-Citrulline and Beta alanine and somehow rather under dosing it. Good clean fun with no sides is the best way to describe this, don't buy it for a pump as its simply a near complete pre where additions do make a huge difference. But overall the price is good and 30 full servings is good on the wallet, but be sure you have that extra bit saved for L-Citrulline and Beta alanine. But I think lets give credit where its due, its a lot better than what I have tried in the past and they are moving in the right direction!

December 8, 2017

Pros:
 Cons:
  • Recovery
  • 90% Protein
  • No Bloating
  • No Indigestion
  • Mixes Well
  • Fantastic Texture
  • Lean Muscle Mass
  • Carb And Fat Free
  • Tub Sizes Are Country Specific It Seems

Who in their right mind doesn't love a pure Whey Isolate? Where its more than marketing mumbo jumbo but an actual fact?
Hey guys, well now that I have your attention I am pleased to bring you this review on a product that has definitely impressed me more than any zero carber protein out there, by a long shot (And no I do not plan on winning the olympia next year due to rating effectiveness 10, LOL (well not next year atleast hahaha))

Flawless in more than one way (zero fat and carbs) I couldn't ask a company for any more. Sweeteners do phase me in a way but sometimes it is unavoidable especially keeping a product carb and fat free - but is also needed in the make or break taste category. Just Whey isolate in the front thats the way I like it.

Taste

Apple pie A very very pleasing and near perfect apple pie taste, it was more tart than sweet which was obviously a surprise as purer whey protein seem to taste either too sweet or just bland AF, Its like they spent extra time in perfecting this flavor which must have been tricky, it is definitely worth a try and my favorite tasting one (haven't tried Chocolate yet)
Berry blast Sorbet Very sweet but at the same time rather enjoyable, it tasted alot like strawberry yogurt in some ways but I would have preferred something a bit more tart tasting, but nonetheless very impressive and still amazed this is carb and fat free, it definitely tastes alot better than some of the other carbalicious whey protein blends out there. Let me not forgot it really has a decent texture not watery like other zero carb proteins or isolates I have used which is hard to believe.

Mixability

A very mixble isolate, to my surprise comparing it to the likes of Ultimate Nutritions IsoCool which was a nightmare to mix and always clumpy. It does foam alot so extra vigorous shakes or needed (sometimes violent lol). Overall it mixed really easy just use a larger shaker if your using 2 scoops or its pretty rough when foamy.

IsoPro first thing in the AM after cardio or directly after my workout where to me it was most beneficial. I normally single scooped it because its not cheap.

Now I know giving anything a 10/10 is bonkers in alot of ways but hear me out.
Its hard to assess any protein powder as its not something one can gauge like a preworkout, but luckily I took up jogging around the town and I need to say without isoPro as my post KNOW I would have been alot sorer- it definitely was a factor in improved recovery and lean muscle mass(as my wife did point out). I don't generally run so to be stiff the next day and not unable to walk was a clear give away that it is actually helping. Throw in no digestion issues and you have a winner. Generally I find some whey proteins to cause some kind of stomach issues - whether its gas or aches. But I can assure you on IsoPro there was no issue at all, and I was able to eat my meal a jiffy 20/30 mins later and not feel like a stuffed pig. This stuff is rather rapid and this show as I was not bloated, its pure and I found this to be the most comprehensive and effective Zero Carb Protein I have ever used and it can be versatile too - depending on your goals which I loved because I used it in conjunction with a post carb/creatine blend and it kept me where I wanted to be.

Now here is it's Achilles heel, although its perfect in almost every way its very very costly. For a local product in essence its still heavily priced at around $50 for a 750g (25 serv tub) which equates to a ridiculous cost per scoop. ($2 a scoop) Now another very annoying and frustrating issue is that here it was only available in a 750g tub yet on bb.com its available in a 60 serv 1.5kg tub for only $70 which is annoying and more annoying is that its not available on the local USN site anymore for some reason. All in all it is worth it yes, but make sure you utilize it for a purpose with cutting down or lean bulking, I would simply skip to their blue lab whey as a cheaper less pure daily.

Side Effects

N/A

Conclusion

If USN can just sort out these issues where sizes and prices seem to be odd and insensitive to some degree then this would be so much more attractive to anyone in that respect. It did help me with building lean muscle mass, improved recovery and digested like a mofo, but is it worth losing $50 over a small 750g tub? Probably not unless your prepping for a show or photoshoot, to use it daily offseason or for fun is ludicrous. But lets say money wasn't an issue this would be the one product I would without a doubt permanently use. I would like to see more flavors and larger/smaller sizes available to all local and abroad (share the love/gainz).The excellent taste and zero bloating/stomach issues makes me still consider it, it is definitely worth a go when you got that extra dough!

December 3, 2017

• Sufficiently Dosed At 2scoops
  • Needs 2 Scoops Or Your Wasting Money
  • Bad Crash

Intro

I have always looked at Ghost with keenness, their attention to detail is really head and shoulders above any other brand I have seen (Here in SA), so I was really amped to see if Ghost pre was all hype or if it was the real deal. Fortunately there was an online store who did sell ghost supplements so I was in luck (or so I thought)

Ingredients

(pictured below)
Great inclusions and not to mention a big punch of beta alanine(4g) and L-Citrulline (8g) not to mention an array of other quality ingredients.

Now being a very old dog in the ...

Intro

Ingredients

(pictured below)

Now being a very old dog in the supplement game, I didn't expect much - ingredient wise it looked OKAY. The funny thing is for me personally, is that sometimes the most unassuming pres end up working best for me, prop blends and all but very seldom - I think the OG Jack3d and friction were the best examples of this. Anywho, 1 scoop was very underwhelming, 2 scoops were A LOT better (and properly dosed).

The tingles were instant, like a wave as such lol I just love carnosyn BA, but the one major stand out was the overall intensity and a sudden mood elevation which was always welcomed, naturally stamina was also improved. Energy was good (not amazing) and I cant say much about the strength aspect but definitely I felt alpha with the mood elevation so strength naturally increased a tad, nothing dramatic. Two aspects I felt needed addressing was definitely the focus and pump - which were inconsistent at best. There where times I just zoned out completely but this wasn't always the case but a common incident more or less. The pumps were good at best which was a bit frustrating. And another frustration was the crash I sometimes endured, which got me pretty good. Which is why I give this an 8 (which is really good)

Definitely room for improvements and even an extra strength version, A single scoop full strength formula is what I am after

Cost

Ghost pre in all honesty is ridiculously priced this side of the world and in no way can taste alone justify its price tag ($65 ex del here in S.A). This does require a lot more than a single serving, 2 scoops is where max effects are felt and most importantly enjoyed. Which means only 15 workouts per tub which isn't exactly long lasting at that price.

Taste

9.5/10
Watermelom sour head
Really really rare to find such an awesome tasting pre, I couldn't quite believe the taste to be honest I was more or less shocked as the flavour was true to the label as nostalgia hit me hard. The only reason this doesn't hit a 10 is because the gritty residue is really bitter and unpleasant! But honestly the right sweetness/sourness is so rare to taste, I wasn't expecting much as total war sour gummies wasn't the best, but this beat everything I have ever tasted it was amazing.

Mixibility

Mixibility was good, but no matter the efforts and shakes there was always residue left behind and it left a very bad sour taste in my mouth, this is pretty foamy aswell.

Side effects

The crash I experienced was common and not so pretty at that, everyone is different in this respect.

Conclusion

Pricing aside - As a complete pre this is a really good but only at the full dosage, Ghost pre did give me a few great workouts but no matter how hard I tried I just couldn't believe the taste, its totally addictive and I can safely say it is a legend for its taste but unfortunately a legend with crashes aswell. If it ever comes on sale or bogo it def worth buying especially since 1 scoop is not enough imo. Another aspect I like is the full disclosure and no prop blends, which puts ones mind at ease (well atleast for me)

I would really love to see Ghost pre come in a stronger more sufficiently dosed version (at 1 scoop) where the issues of crashing, pump and focus are addressed and then it will be just more than taste and mood elevation but the perfect all rounder and maybe it will be the Legend over all pre workouts.

Cheers.

• More Focus
  • Super Expensive
  • Limited Flavors
  • Flavoring Can Be Improved

Everyone loves a good preworkout, I mean which serious "gym goer" hasn't gone through multiple preworkouts to find out which is best for them. Admittedly it is hard finding a pre that ticks all the boxes, clinical dosage or not each has their own preference and what might work for you might not work for the person next to you. With that being said - I was given a chance to get Quake at a reduced price and heck I was in luck.

Amount Per 2 Scoops % Daily Value *
Total Carbohydrate 3 g 1%*
Vitamin C (As Ascorbic Acid) 100 mg...

Amount Per 2 Scoops % Daily Value *
L-Isoleucine 1,750mg **
L-Valine 1,750mg **
L-Tyrosine (micronized) 3,000mg **
PeakO2 Blend 2,000mg **
Cordyceps (Cordyceps militaris), Reishi (Ganodema lucidum), King Trumpet (Pleurotus eryngii), Shittake (Lentinula edodes), Lion's Mane (Hericium erinaceus), Turkey Tail (Trametes versicolor)
Arginine Nitrate (as NO3-T) 1,500mg **
L-Carnitine L-Tartrate 1,500mg **
Capros (Indian Gooseberry Extract) 1,000mg **
Caffeine Anhydrous 350mg **
L-Theanine 200mg **
AstraGin (Panax Notoginseng and Astragalus Menbranaceus) 50mg

An impressive array of quality ingredients really makes this a formidable pre - not to mention these ingredients are not cheap, and hardly seen in a preworkout (Peak 02 blend). But overall no complaints at all, at 2 scoops it is on another level.

Taste

Watermelon bubblegum
This was certainly not the best tasting pre, but then again taste isn't everything. It has a very slight watermelon hint but with the amounts of ingredients being used It left me an undesirable after taste. The best way to drink this is to down it - simply. Hopefully the lemon drop tastes better.

Mixability

I hardly had any issues with mixability, the only thing worth mentioning is that it does foam a bit so additional water is required to get evey bit out.

2 scoops in 300mls of water, 20 minutes before training.

Finally we get to the good part, I really didn't know what to expect from Quake, although good on paper I was unsure if 2 scoops would be too much caffeine for me to handle, and thankfully 2 scoops worked amazingly well. One thing I did notice is it takes time to kick in fully, energy is not instant but rather long lasting, and most importantly it is "clean" energy which was awesome. I did not have any palpitations whatsoever which is normally a worry when a pre hits the 300mg mark or more of caffeine. The pumps were awesome and definitely made for a great workout time after time, and they were long lasting. Talking about long lasting the definite highlight is the stamina, I have never used a pre that has increased my stamina as much as this, I still had plenty in the tank which meant more reps and sets. Focus was also there, not to the degree of which other pres had me at, but in a way that was "nice" and engaging to say the least. Intensity was definitely improved as well, I did make mention that intensity is important and Quake definitely had me heating up, lol.

Now bearing in mind I got this at a great price, this is not cheap. $50 for 20 servings is alot, but for what it contains and produces its well worth the price tag. And these are 20 true servings (2 scoops = 1 serving) not to mention the ingredients are unique and pretty exotic. For me this would last 5 weeks (I train 4 times a week) but if your training more it will last a month or less.

Nothing.

Conclusion

A great pre, definitely in my top 5 list of my favorite pres. I not only enjoyed the product but another thing that stood out for me was the fan involvement of Quake and how the fans had a say on the flavors etc which was a real nice touch - that added more appeal and excitement to the product. This not only delivered once but continually, which is key. Flavoring and flavors need more work and maybe even larger tubs with more servings would really make it slightly cheaper. It definitely is one of the best pre workouts I have ever used and the ingredient profile can go head to head with almost any preworkout can triumph over it. I have also been a fan of xtend and its awesome to see that Quake has had a profound effect on me. Its truly a complete pre workout that ticks every box. A must buy!

June 29, 2017

Pros:
 Cons:
  • Stamina
  • Lack Of Pump And Fat Burning Effects
  • Minimal Focus

Hey guys, another review here. This time on USN 3xt pump - the new gen, it came up on special so I decided to give it a go as the profile looked pretty decent. USN has recently revamped their efforts with this new gen pre and also lava(fat burner) not to mention the new labeling is fire, so this also was a deciding factor as bad experiences with b4 bomb was horrible imo.

(Pictured below)

(Pictured below)
Now again each to their own, I just feel L-citrulline was underdosed (@3400mg) and very apparent in the lack of pumps, I dont particularly know where the proper fatloss ingredients are but I suspect they assumed the high amount of caffeine is enough to warrant it as a thermogenic which to me isn't good enough, not to mention some ingredients for focus which was absent to every session (tyrosine,choline bitartrate would improve it drastically not to mention alcar would make the formula look alot more worthy). They have their own mumbo jumbo in there like fitnox (increased muscle performance) and enxtra (preventing a caffeine crash) and unfortunately As from 1 January 2017 Oxilofrine (methylsynephrine), as contained in Advantra Z and other Citrus Aurantium versions, is on the WADA prohibited substance list (sports banned substances). Please refrain from using products containing Advantra Z if you are a professional athlete who gets tested by the Anti-doping Agency. So it isn't a concern for me but can be a concern to athletes or those being tested, its not the most advanced or ground breaking pre (as b4 bomb owns the more premium title for USN) but its simple formulation can prove favorable to some. The addition of beetroot extract was a nice touch - I might add even though it wasn't at the dosage I wanted but alas overall its rather good for a local product. One thing I extremely dislike is the addition of fructose and maltodextrin, just fillers in my eyes and shouldn't have a place in a proper hard hitting pre IMO.

Taste

Cherry Lemonade 6/10

This stuff smells amazing like fruity sherbet, but unfortunately it doesn't taste as it smells. It is overly bitter yet sweet and lacks any cherry or lemonade taste lol, more like a berry cough mixture. with all the flavoring advances and efforts surely it could have tasted better and atleast with a few flavors not just cherry lemonade. It certainly needs to improve in this department especially if your using this as your staple - although not life or death it certainly makes a slight difference to the whole experience.

Mixability

Again not a make or break area, it wasn't too bad at all, I just threw a scoop in a glass and it mixed rather well. One thing I need to point out is this pre is extremely gritty and does require additional water to down the entire mix. It is rather unpleasant to be left with grit and the texture is rather thick.

1 heaped scoop with about 300ml of water 30/45 mins before your workout.

First off I found this to be really good the first couple of workouts, there after it wasn't as good.

Pump: Was very minimal and extremely lacking, especially for a product named "3xt PUMP", it would great benefit more additional ingredients that would lead to a greater pump
Energy: Was good and very clean, I never had any palpitations or issues which is great. I found the energy was prolonged and very effective especially with longer, more strenuous workouts which was always a plus as some pres die out nearing the end.
Stamina: Was really phenomenal, even though the effectiveness of the pre wore out nearing the end the stamina remained and lead to extra reps and even allowing me to add in longer sessions of cardio which is always a bonus.
Strength: Not much to note here, didn't do much in the department at all for me.
Focus: Was very disappointing and underwhelming, I felt myself still not in the "zone" even if I trained before the 30mins but nothing. It is imperative to have something to "zone" you in and get you hyped in the gym. I found it excessively hard to push heavier sets and breaking my personal best lifts, it became increasingly difficult to visualize me crunching the weight and had to force myself into deep thoughts that eventually helped. It is seriously lacking a proper focus blend.
Fat burning effects: Unfortunately there was no fat burning effect whatsoever, the claim is a bit outlandish imo and without proper focus I could hit it harder in the gym which would have lead to greater intensity and inturn increase the amount calories burned. But unfortunately it fails here, and fails badly.
Intensity: Also a let down, intensity came and went, I find it hard to remember when last I was drenched in sweat. A hardcore training session to me requires a certain amount of intensity but alas this isn't one for intensity.

As value goes, it is pretty good. I did get this at about $22 on special, which for 20 servings lasts me about 6 weeks. It normally sells for about $28 here, so it is one of the cheaper pres locally but still its not so bad, considering this needs a lil bit something extra for focus etc its not the most cost effective if you need to add in extras.

Side Effects

The crash was here and there, some workouts the crash would just crush me. I trained some mornings and midday and noticed that approximately half of my workouts ended up being crashed by 3xt. Its a lethargic feeling and most of the times I felt like falling asleep lol, but everyone is different.

Conclusion

To me 3xt pump is a product that has an identity crisis. It claims to be a fat burning pre and has Pump in the product name but both are more or less absent to, ingredient and feel wise. It is a

good

pre, quite straight forward with a good amount of caffeine. It certainly impressed when it came improved endurance and nice clean energy. I just don't see the reason 3xt pump exists as b4 bomb is more or less the same formulation, it is just one of those floating pres you wonder if it ever sells (well atleast I do). I must admit the labeling has drastically improved the look of this compared to the older packaging - but once you use this you wonder, why? Sure the price was good but it lacked in so many areas it was a waste in retrospect. There are so many options out there (taste, flavoring and most importantly formulation) and most are legal - so why risk on this? unless its on a super special as was the case with me. MEH...

June 27, 2017

Pros:
 Cons:
  • Immunity
  • Only 3 Tablets Daily
  • Nice Value
  • Underdosed In Some Areas
  • Prop Blend For The Greens And Reds
  • Can Be Alot Better

Hi guys, here with a review on RSP Bio Vite! I was fortunate enough to get this on a bogo at bodybuilding.com, thanks to my connection. If there is one supplement I cannot do without it has to be a good multi, I cannot highlight the importance of it with regards to overall health, wellbeing and immunity.

Vitamin A (as retinyl palmitate & natural beta-carotene with mixed carotenoids) 5,000 IU 100%
Vitamin C (as calcium ascorbate, ascorbic acid, and ascorbyl palmitate) 250 mg 417%
Vitamin D (as cholecalciferol) 1,000 IU 250%

Thiamin (as thiamin mononitrate) 7.5 mg 500%
Riboflavin (Riboflavin & riboflavin 5-phosphate) 8.5 mg 500%
Niacin (as niacinamide & niacin) 100 mg 500%
Vitamin B6 (as pyridoxine HCl & pyridoxal 5-phosphate) 10 mg 500%
Folate (as 6S)-5-Methyltetrahydrofolic Acid, glucosamine salt & folic acid) 400 mcg 100%
Vitamin B12 (as methylcobalamin) 250 mcg 4,167%
Biotin 300 mcg 100%
Pantothenic Acid (as D-calcium pantothenate) 50 mg 500%
Calcium (as calcium bisglycinate chelate buffered, calcium ascorbate, calcium citrate, calcium carbonate, & dicalcium phosphate) 125 mg 13%
Iron (as ferrous bisglycinate chelate) 8 mg 44%
Potassium (as potassium citrate) 750 mg 21%
Boron (as boron chelate) 1 mg *
Natural Foods Blend:
Reds Blend: 250mg *
(Blueberry Fruit Concentrate, Cranberry Fruit Extract, Acai Berry Extract, Euterpe Oleracea Pomegranate Fruit, Raspberry Leaf, Apple Fruit, Beet Juice, Red Raspberry Leaf, Cherry Fruit, Strawberry Fruit, Blackberry Powder, Blueberry Powder, Cranberry Fruit, & Tomato, Bilberry Extract).
Greens Blend: 250mg *
(Barley Grass, Rice Flour, Alfalfa, Barley Malt, Royal Jelly, Acerola, Chlorella, Milk Thistle Seed, Astragalus Root Ext., Black Walnut Hull, Corn Silk, Dandelion Leaf, Goldenseal Herb, Kale, Lemon Grass, Marshmallow Root, Meadowsweet Herb, Oat Straw, Papaya Leaf, Parsley, Pau D'Arco, Plantain Leaf, Rose Hips, Rosemary Herb, Slippery Elm, Spinach, Turmeric, Watercress, White Willow, Green Tea, Dulse).
* Daily value not established.
Other Ingredients:
Microcrystalline Cellulose, Film Coat [Hypromellose, Polyethylene Glycol, Cinnamon, Titanium Dioxide (color), Propylene Glycol, Hydroxypropyl Cellulose, Caramel (color), and Riboflavin (color)], Croscarmellose Sodium, Stearic Acid, Magnesium Stearate, and Silica.
ALLERGEN WARNING: Contains Treenuts (Black Walnut).

This is a heading I like least, everyone has their own opinion and say. For me the inclusion of a reds and green blend came in as a welcomed surprise as I like most, do not get in the daily required veggie intake - with that being said there is no way this is at a dose effective enough to cover those darn fruits and veggies. Again prop blends, get me worked up. This is not a complete and clinical dosed multi, it is more of a multi than your average store bought cheapy multi and I am totally cool with that. I compare most multis to animal pak which to me is one of the better multis that can be used as a complete stand alone. I used Bio Vite in conjunction with vit c ester, colloidal silver silver, fish fats and echinacea. I wouldnt mind using more tablets to get in even more goodness from the red and green blend, but hey other than that its a solid profile, to me there is no perfect multi (well for me I require the mentioned extras no matter what multi).

3 tablets in the AM with food - simple and easy.

8.5/10
Well yes it may have come off as if I was knocking Bio Vite, but that is not the case. Sometimes less is more, I remember taking 2 packs of animal pak back in the day and still falling victim to getting sick af. And incredibly enough during the extensive run I did not get sick once, sure there were times I was nearly ill but damn I was impressed to say the least. I had a weak ass immune system back in the day, and getting a common cold atleast 2-4 times a year was a norm, but 4 months and nothing? Yeah I was super impressed. I noticed an overall improvement in my well being and even added vitality throughout the day. I felt that even though it may look like it was underdosed it still did the job and perfectly well. One draw back I did notice very rarely was stomach discomfort which I can safely say was bio vite, but nothing too serious. Simply there is no perfect multi, different lives lead to different depletion's and needs. I do feel it needs to be stacked with the add ons i mentioned to stay safe especially through winter and excessive workloads. The importance of micro nutrients cannot be undermined, it does your body good! As bio vite has done.

Now since Bio Vite was on promotion I had to give it an 8, I think it was selling for $25 on a bogo which is great value as a bottle is a 2 month supply which is really solid. I am not one to stay on a supplement long term unless its really good and this was that, animal pak is around $28 for 44 paks but again needs to be stacked. So value wise it isn't as full to the brim as animal pak with dosage and ingredients but does the same job, lasts longer and consists of less pills which is a win.

Side Effects

the odd stomach discomfort here and there.

Conclusion

A really awesome multi for the athlete in mind, although underdosed here and there it still did the trick for me and was a really priceless addition as I managed to stay healthy and over felt better than what I did without it. The dosing is alot more friendlier than other multis that require a gazillion tablets or pills. I do feel like with any multi add ons are necessary, as in my case. I do feel that knowledge is power and a prop blend leaves one questioning how much or how little they are getting in from the green and red blend which is really underdosed imo. The addition of a pack with lets say an individual green and reds blend, along with the multi and fish fat & joint support would lead to a much more complete, effective and competitive product. But for what it is, its pretty good and if it ever comes on sale again I would buy it.

June 14, 2017

Pros:
 Cons:
  • Low Carbs
  • Versatile Protein
  • No Bloating
  • Few Flavors
  • 2lb Size Only
  • Could Do With Egg Albumen And Micellar Casein
  • Only A 5 Stage Protein Not 6

Hey guys, I decided to give a go at a local legend - USN Pure Protein GF1. Taken off the market for a few months ago , is back! And boy I love blended protein powders, more beneficial than standalone whey for muscle growth and repair. I was with USN briefly and they always talked about bringing Pure Protein GF1 back and luckily (for me) its here now.

(As attached)

(As attached)
Really great profile, the first ingredient listed is normally the most dominant which in this case is whey isolate(quicker digesting), followed by whey hydrolysate(quickest), whey concentrate(quick), milk protein concentrate (slower) and finally calcium caseinate. So overall the ingredient profile is good, I would have liked to have seen the inclusion of micellar casein and egg albumen to add a bit more quality and diversity. No soy protein which is good in my books and pretty darn high in fibre around 5.9g per scoop. Protein isn't the highest at 21g or so, sugar could be lower (as it is pretty sweet imo) but carbs being around 2.5g for a complete blend is really epic. But overall it's a great protein blend - the best local blend by a long shot. This profile is alot more respectable than the previous version - where it used soy and fructose (they love their fructose)

Taste

Unfortunately Pure protein GF1 only comes in 3 flavors (vanilla ice cream, double chocolate and chocolate peanut butter) which is a bummer (they will probably add in more flavors as the months go by (they have a tendency of doing this) , as their more adventurous Blue lab whey comes in several flavors - all of which are pretty good.

Double Chocolate 8,5/10
Nice creamy texture with a more mature chocolatey taste, one thing that is spot on is the consistency! Nothing throws me off more than a super sweet chocolate taste, this was just the right sweetness (a bit sweet) so I added slightly more water which made it really enjoyable. Both flavors do have some sort of an artificial aftertaste and double chocolate does have a hint of that previous chocolate flavour(the original) which wasn't the best - but a bit nostalgic nonetheless.

Chocolate peanut butter 6/10
Even with blue lab whey, chocolate peanut butter was my least favorite. Its OK at best, the artificial taste of the peanutbutter is what gets to me, its very bland and needs something more, I really cant put my finger on it, but its not what peanut butter tastes like to me.

Mixability

Never experienced a blend mix so well and effortlessly like pure protein GF1. 2 scoops mixed with utter ease in my blender bottle - I shake it vigorously for about 20 seconds - I noticed even in minimal amounts of water it still mixed superbly.

1-3 scoops daily
Since it is a low carb multi blend protein it can be used anytime of the day, I used it post workout where it was most effective for me, but soon this will be my bedtime protein of choice once my casein is finished. Gotta love a versatile protein blend!

8.5/10
Assessing any protein is pretty tough, as results tend to me more about recovery and less about gainz. A protein supplement is really there for convenience and to reach your macro nutrient goals.
I was consuming 2 scoops post workout, and did notice an improvement in recovery and reduced DOMS. I was using a whey blend before but once I switched it up the difference was there. I do feel its consistently helping me stay leanish(because offseason) as the carb content is nice and low. I feel that one major factor that needs credit is that I had no stomach issues or gas everytime I consumed 2 scoops, I have felt discomfort with some whey blends but this is phenomenal - I still have an appetite to eat big after my 2 scoops which is normally a rarity, tolerase L is the key here. Even with the USN Blue lab whey, gas and stomach discomfort diminish which is something to rate in high regards especially for those who experience bloating and discomfort. I do feel that as a very versatile protein the inclusion of micellar casein would have further contributed to a longer and extended breakdown which would further set it apart (especially taken before you sleep), not to mention a medium protein release like egg albumen to really make it the blend of the century.

8.5/10
$23,51 is the price of a 26 serving tub which is really competitive! The only issue I have is that it only comes in 1 size the 2lb. I would love to have a 4lb size or even bigger as this currently is my protein of choice post workout but also I could and will utilize it more often in the future as well. But being a more premium protein blend with some quality ingredients, it is good value. Now if they threw in a bigger size it would be even better value. But I think it is more of a tactical response to not lose sales on their blue lab whey, but its about the customer right?

Side Effects

None - no bloating or gas which is a huge bonus.

Conclusion

8.5/10
I never used to be a fan of USN but thanks to products like this and their Blue Lab whey I am a fan (kinda)...
Even though it went from a 6 stage protein to 5 (probably has to do with costs) Overall a very good protein blend without the hefty price tag a South African can expect for a international quality protein as protein blends like MT Phase 8 (as an example) go for about $50 for a 2lb here. Pricing aside, Pure protein GF1 is a top notch premium protein blend that continues to impress me with not only taste (double choc) and favorable texture, but no stomach discomfort whatsoever. Its great to see a local brand really making a competitive product. I would certainly recommend this, only issues I have are the lack of flavours and the lack of servings, not to mention the ingredient profile can be improved too! Give this a go, especially if its on special or workouts out cheaper than similar protein blends.