FRIDGE

• Member has been active for 3 years, and was last online this week
  • Moderate community participation
  • Linked social media account

Reviews by FRIDGE

Hey guys, I decided to give a go at a local legend - USN Pure Protein GF1. Taken off the market for a few months ago , is back! And boy I love blended protein powders, more beneficial than standalone whey for muscle growth and repair. I was with USN briefly and they always talked about bringing Pure Protein GF1 back and luckily (for me) its here now.

(As attached)

(As attached)
Really great profile, the first ingredient listed is normally the most dominant which in this case is whey isolate(quicker digesting), followed by whey hydrolysate(quickest), whey concentrate(quick), milk protein concentrate (slower) and finally calcium caseinate. So overall the ingredient profile is good, I would have liked to have seen the inclusion of micellar casein and egg albumen to add a bit more quality and diversity. No soy protein which is good in my books and pretty darn high in fibre around 5.9g per scoop. Protein isn't the highest at 21g or so, sugar could be lower (as it is pretty sweet imo) but carbs being around 2.5g for a complete blend is really epic. But overall it's a great protein blend - the best local blend by a long shot. This profile is alot more respectable than the previous version - where it used soy and fructose (they love their fructose)

Taste

Unfortunately Pure protein GF1 only comes in 3 flavors (vanilla ice cream, double chocolate and chocolate peanut butter) which is a bummer (they will probably add in more flavors as the months go by (they have a tendency of doing this) , as their more adventurous Blue lab whey comes in several flavors - all of which are pretty good.

Double Chocolate 8,5/10
Nice creamy texture with a more mature chocolatey taste, one thing that is spot on is the consistency! Nothing throws me off more than a super sweet chocolate taste, this was just the right sweetness (a bit sweet) so I added slightly more water which made it really enjoyable. Both flavors do have some sort of an artificial aftertaste and double chocolate does have a hint of that previous chocolate flavour(the original) which wasn't the best - but a bit nostalgic nonetheless.

Chocolate peanut butter 6/10
Even with blue lab whey, chocolate peanut butter was my least favorite. Its OK at best, the artificial taste of the peanutbutter is what gets to me, its very bland and needs something more, I really cant put my finger on it, but its not what peanut butter tastes like to me.

Mixability

Never experienced a blend mix so well and effortlessly like pure protein GF1. 2 scoops mixed with utter ease in my blender bottle - I shake it vigorously for about 20 seconds - I noticed even in minimal amounts of water it still mixed superbly.

1-3 scoops daily
Since it is a low carb multi blend protein it can be used anytime of the day, I used it post workout where it was most effective for me, but soon this will be my bedtime protein of choice once my casein is finished. Gotta love a versatile protein blend!

8.5/10
Assessing any protein is pretty tough, as results tend to me more about recovery and less about gainz. A protein supplement is really there for convenience and to reach your macro nutrient goals.
I was consuming 2 scoops post workout, and did notice an improvement in recovery and reduced DOMS. I was using a whey blend before but once I switched it up the difference was there. I do feel its consistently helping me stay leanish(because offseason) as the carb content is nice and low. I feel that one major factor that needs credit is that I had no stomach issues or gas everytime I consumed 2 scoops, I have felt discomfort with some whey blends but this is phenomenal - I still have an appetite to eat big after my 2 scoops which is normally a rarity, tolerase L is the key here. Even with the USN Blue lab whey, gas and stomach discomfort diminish which is something to rate in high regards especially for those who experience bloating and discomfort. I do feel that as a very versatile protein the inclusion of micellar casein would have further contributed to a longer and extended breakdown which would further set it apart (especially taken before you sleep), not to mention a medium protein release like egg albumen to really make it the blend of the century.

8.5/10
$23,51 is the price of a 26 serving tub which is really competitive! The only issue I have is that it only comes in 1 size the 2lb. I would love to have a 4lb size or even bigger as this currently is my protein of choice post workout but also I could and will utilize it more often in the future as well. But being a more premium protein blend with some quality ingredients, it is good value. Now if they threw in a bigger size it would be even better value. But I think it is more of a tactical response to not lose sales on their blue lab whey, but its about the customer right?

Side Effects

None - no bloating or gas which is a huge bonus.

Conclusion

8.5/10
I never used to be a fan of USN but thanks to products like this and their Blue Lab whey I am a fan (kinda)...
Even though it went from a 6 stage protein to 5 (probably has to do with costs) Overall a very good protein blend without the hefty price tag a South African can expect for a international quality protein as protein blends like MT Phase 8 (as an example) go for about $50 for a 2lb here. Pricing aside, Pure protein GF1 is a top notch premium protein blend that continues to impress me with not only taste (double choc) and favorable texture, but no stomach discomfort whatsoever. Its great to see a local brand really making a competitive product. I would certainly recommend this, only issues I have are the lack of flavours and the lack of servings, not to mention the ingredient profile can be improved too! Give this a go, especially if its on special or workouts out cheaper than similar protein blends.
 Pros:
 Cons:
  • Low Carbs
  • Versatile Protein
  • No Bloating
  • Few Flavors
  • 2lb Size Only
  • Could Do With Egg Albumen And Micellar Casein
  • Only A 5 Stage Protein Not 6

Wassup guys, another preworkout review going up. Pharmafreak has been one of those brands slowly but surely diminishing out of the South African market - pricing is the issue here, but after super freak (or as I like to say super flop) maybe its just more than pricing

5/10 (As attached)

5/10 (As attached)
Any preworkout that isn't fully disclosed deserves to get points knocked off. Not only that, but the exclusion of L-Citrulline and beta Alanine should be punished. Not only are the 2 ingredients super effective but clinically proven for optimal effectiveness in a pre workout. No doubt the inclusion of betaine, L tyrosine, Choline, rhodiola and agmatine are all welcomed with open arms, but the prop blend really gets me frustrated as you don't really know exactly how much you are getting. More could have been done to improve SF, but missing the 2 most mandatory ingredients deserves a low blow.

Fruit punch
a scoop it was rather sweet and watery, 1 scoop it was a lot sweeter and not so bad at all to be honest. Rather enjoyable and I didn't have to chug it like I had to do with total war. It does have a fruity taste with a slight after taste.

---Mixability---
No issues what so ever with mixability, mixed super easy in a blender bottle in little to no time.

---Dosing----
or 1 scoop with around 200/300ml of water. As mentioned is where its at 1 scoop is pure liquid fruity garbage.

*Based on 1 full scoop
Now guys, anyone who knows me and knows about my product reviews knows that I don't normally give hideously low scoring. This is not a personal attack on PF at all, rather an honest review - incase others are thinking otherwise.
Initially I started with the recommended half a scoop, because they made it sound like this poo is epic and hardcore so I was like "yass". Half a scoop is really the optimal dosage and no more than this. I was on a scoop for a couple of workouts and it wasn't bad at all. If I were basing this on a scoop it would be an easy 7 or so, energy was up, focus and stamina not so much pumps and strength but it was good. 1 scoop is where poo hit the fan.

Energy 0/10
Simply the worst lethargic feeling and experience I have ever had been unprivileged to face. I was instantly tired and demotivated I barely finished my workouts and dreaded using SF. I seriously felt like sleeping and had to double check If this was a sleeping aid lol.

Focus 0/10
Focus? What focus? Tiredness plagued my mind and as mentioned every workout was a mission to finish or even to get going to my utter disappointment

Stamina 0/10
Stamina was reduced to the point where I was contemplating finishing my workout earlier than usual because I felt finished.

Strength 0/10
Was also altered negatively. I didn't increase in any of the lifts and had to make do with lighter weights as I didn't feel myself at all.

Pump 0/10
Pump was non existent, at it was also barely noticeable. Pump should be getting a negative but Imma be kind here. Simply there was no energy or intensity to bring about any suspected pumps at all.

Intensity 1/10
I swear the only reason I gave this a 1 is because I was sweating like I was ill lol.
*After the many terrible workouts I kept it to half a scoop, which is rather disappointing as half a scoop just wasn't strong enough.

The only reason I got this was because it was on a BOGO deal, its about $45/$40 each. So for it to come up as a bogo and it being a so called premium international brand here in SA. I jumped and got the deal, I was warned by my good friend that it was poo but I was still in hope maybe it was just personal opinion. But no it was just terrible. Simple using a scoop is cost effective and makes a tub last about 40 workouts so to get 2 tubs (80 workouts) for the price of 1, works out to a great deal. But at the price of 1 it is overpriced imo.

Side Effects

Lethargic, tiredness, ill feelings, no pump, no focus, no strength. Simply the worst preworkout at the max dosing they recommend.

Conclusion

OK, so nice brand packaging and labelling, good taste, quite a good deal with the bogo and great mixability. But sadly that's about it, as a preworkout at its max dosing it is truly horrid and I only recommend only ever doing half a scoop. Throw in dodge dosing and the exclusion of the most obvious and vital preworkout ingredients- its no wonder why this only scores a 1. I am not lying when I said I felt ill or truly tired, I have nothing to gain but have lost gym sessions and money to a product that needs to be revised and tweaked majorly! One word to describe my experience with SF "BOOOOOO!".
 Pros:
 Cons:
  • Nothing
  • Tastes Good
  • Mixes Well
  • Prop Blend
  • Makes You Feel Sick
  • No Pumps
  • No Energy
  • Makes You Tired AF
  • Never Use 1 Scoop
  • Missing Key Ingredients

Hey guys, pleased to bring you this review on total war! Redcon1 is one of the newer brands recently released here in the south African, so it was compulsory to give it a try - as the product line and product profiles were rather good.

Very solid when it came to the clinical and effective dosages of beta alanine and citrulline malate! I felt the exclusion of l theanine, l tyrosine, choline, betaine and even a nitrate of some sort really hurt it! But overall very solid and effective ingredients - just not to my preferred liking. I wont lie, some of the ingredients used are uncommon and trying some ingredients that aren't found in ever other pre can be seen as innovative! This is oddly enough a 2 scooper max pre - which brings in concerns, who is the right mind wants 6.4g of beta alanine? I do know that its supposedly is meant to be stacked with their own n.o. booster to enhance the effectiveness.

supplement Facts
Serving Size: 1 scoop (14.5g)
Servings per Container: 30

Theobroma cacao extract: 50mg
Higenamine HCl: 25mg
Bioperine Black Pepper Fruit Extract: 10mg
Rauwolscine (Rauvolfia Canescens L. [leaf and root]): 2mg
Other Ingredients: Disodium phosphate, sucralose, acesulfame-k, maltodextrin, silica.

Sour gummy bear
Meh- is the word I use to describe the taste - it to me, was not the best. Can taste make or break a supplement? In my opinion no. The taste was like a weird bitter concoction and I really didn't like it. It reminded me of vomit. It was honestly ok at best.

---Mixability---
Total war really mixed well and although a bit of graininess was left behind, ultimately there was no mixability issues at all.

---Dosing----
1 scoop with around 250/300ml of water, I used and only recommend.

(7/10) broken down into groups.

Energy 7/10
Energy was good, it could have been better. I noticed it was still pretty tough to get going and motivated after the first few workouts. Initially my first serving ever was amazing from there on I became immune to it and it never lived up to the first scoop I ever took.

Focus 7/10
Focus wasn't where it should have and could have been, effects faded the longer the workout went on which didn't help. At the beginning of the workout things are always great but then it gradually fades away - could have been worse though.

Stamina 8/10
Was really good, I could train longer and with minimal breaks inbetween sets which lead to great intensity overall. Stamina is one of the product highlights for me.

Strength 7/10
Was lightly improved especially during the last few reps and sets where I was able to do slightly heavier lifts - nothing insane but rather good. The exclusion of tried and trusted creatine mono/ or another form of creatine- may have been the missing ingredient especially in this department.

Pump 6/10
The pump was also OK, nothing really stood out bar stamina and intensity which shows TW weak points. Pump was enhanced but not skin tearing but a nice flow here and there was experienced. I just don't like the fact that it feel as if TW is watered down in order to stack it with their n.o booster.

Intensity 8,5/10
This was the main product highlight - and very few pres have made me sweat like this has. I believe intensity is needed for optimum gains. TW did not disappoint here, I often found my self dripping with sweat - luckily I train at home lol.

Here it is about $43 for a tub, which is a fair price here. Considering for me its 30 workouts which is great value. Although its not my favorite pre it certainly could have been more expensive.

Side Effects

nothing - no crash at all, which was a major relief.

Conclusion

7,5/10
Overall Total war is a really good pre workout supplement, the intensity xperienced definitely made the score higher, simple things should be addressed. Rather make an xtreme one scoop version - I wont even suggest 2 scoops- I just dislike the whole notion of buying a subpar pre and you are majorly suggested to buy their n.o. booster. To me moderation is key and so too being smart, total war is a great newbie pre workout, honestly its not the strongest pre by any means but its safe - and effective(especially since I found it to have no crash). For me it just never really did it - intensity just isn't enough in todays preworkout market which is only growing and becoming more and more competitive. Being an old time supplement user, very few preworkouts hit me as being super good - unless they are out of this world. Considering someone would only be using one scoop of total makes it a very affordable option(which raised the score), just be sure to choose the correct flavour or else you are stuck with an unenjoyable taste for 30 workouts - something I currently have experience with lol.
  • No Proprietary Blends
  • Great Value
  • Intensity
  • Stamina
  • Not Effective Enough At One Scoop
  • Sour Gummy Bear Is Meh

---Introduction---
Hey guys, Glad to bring you my awesome experience with Vapor x5 Next Gen! Ever since the very first Nano Vapor came out I think a decade ago, I have always have looked upon it with favor as I remember that very advert with Jay and Dex flip it was lit but the pre workout itself was really effective for me. Even though the previous nano vapor was a true disappointment, next gen looked alot better, and it was.

---Ingredient Profile---
*Pictured Below*
---Introduction---

---Ingredient Profile---
*Pictured Below*
right, full dosage of beta alanine and a good amount of betaine per full serving is good you know, but that aside this formulation worked really really well and I felt that immediately. Caffeine content isn't too high, but i would like to see more L-Citrulline added not to mention an addition of ALCAR which is always nice to have, the addition of Choline is a nice touch but overall nothing super sensational but overall "solid" is the best word that come to mind, to sum up the ingredient profile. (Not ot mention huge fan of cocoa)

---Taste---
Fruit punch 8/10
Fruit punch was not bad at all, I found the less liquid added to the mix the better. It was a strong medicinal taste but heck it was good, It tastes alot like the original nano vapor which I enjoyed because of the hardcore taste.

---Mixability---
Never had an issue when it came to mixibility, only slight residue if left unconsumed for a bit.

---Dosing---
Easy 1-2 scoop 15 mins or so was the sweet spot for me. I prefer 1 extra mountainous scoop but that destroyed my wallet. (ps the funnel scooper is so rad)

8.5/10
For me I really am specific when it comes to preworkouts, I usually get a good feel of a preworkout within the first 2/3 days. Normally if it works I keep if not then it's on to the next. I felt a lot of goodness on a heaped scoop and really looked forward to every training session literally I only had 1 or 2 bad workouts due to poor sleep but damn it was really good, better than the original I must say. Energy was really clean without any crash whats so ever, I cannot tell you how I dislike crashing its the one sure way I will just discontinue using a supplement. Energy was good but not overwhelming, Intensity was really awesome and every workout ended up sweat educed and drippin - you can't beat that. Focus was good, not the best but good, I felt an overall sense of well being and some strength gain too. Not the hardest hitting pre out there but certainly a bit surprising it could have been alot stronger but maybe it woould have thrown off the balance you know... Not that I am making excuses or anything just a thought. Pumps were great, even though underdosed, but I guess that is what nanoX9 is for. Interestingly enough I got a NanoX9 free with my vapor x5 but darn I still enjoyed Vapor x5 as a standalone, the pumps with the two combined were mediocre at best... But yes effective was really good, its no Muscle marinade but its great in a softcore way.

Meh here is the real bummer. Although it came with the nanoX9 (for a respectable $45) it actually lasted like 3 weeks and I only train 4 times a week, so 30 servings (1 scoop) albeit 1 heaped scooped lets say too the serving size down to 20 scoops , that should be 5 weeks atleast. But to my amazement my tub finished on nearing the end of the 3rd week which made me really angry and annoyed. Maybe it was just my tub (conspiracy) but meh that's being ripped off. I know bb.com has sweet deals on the vapor x5 range but seriously the ripped was weak af, vapor x5 next gen is the best outta the range.

Side Effects

none, besides intensity and looking swole lol.

Conclusion

With all the false advertising back in the day till the more realistic ads lately (well sorta) MT has really upped its game I feel, but with so many products there's bound to be flaws in some products. When I think of MT I reminisce of the good ol' gakic powder, anator p70, aplodan, intravol, mesotech even damn anabolic halo - call me a fan boy or jerk boy (no dont) but I do think the intentions have always been there to be innovative and one step ahead of the game. Times have changed MT is more realistic and their New Vapor X5 next gen is a great example this new, less advanced, less BS, rather simplr formulation - that I think is kick ass and really I loved it tbh. Really no pre will ever be perfect (except muscle marinade) coz we all have different experiences you know, but this is worth a try... not to mention the taste brought a few tears to my eyes as the taste reminded me of the good ol days (when jay was losing to Ronnie, and bodybuilding was really at its pinnacle imo) and reminded me I'm getting fudging old lol.
  • Pumps
  • Taste
  • Intensity
  • Focus
  • Well Being
  • Value

Hi guys, it has been a while. Been putting a lot of effort into my blog which is shaping up nicely I must add, please guys take a look and get involved would be great to have you on board.

I decided to do my review on a old time classic, Pro Gainer. Essentially O.N premium lean mass gainer, its been around since I started training and using supplements like over a decade ago. So to see it still selling in S.A brings back some good memories (nostalgic). Currently off season and bulking a bit, I found Pro Gainer to be ideal for me.

9.5/10
As mass gainers go, Pro ...

9.5/10
As mass gainers go, Pro complex hits the spot when it comes to quality protein sources and not to mention the use of only maltodextrin which is a relief as most mass gainers especially the local ones have fructose and soya protein which aint so hot for gains.
Pro complex gainer doesn't have any creatine which, can be seen as both a positive and a negative. Creatine monohydrate isn't expensive but for me the exclusion suited my supplement regime as I cut out creatine. Vitargo as a carb source would be untouchable imo

Taste
Vanilla Custard
Mass gainers are known for tasting real good, and I found Pro Gainer to be very nice, not brilliant but nice. I do remember chocolate being a lot better but to me vanilla is usually terrible well probolic was disgusting tbh, but this was a much better experience. Consistency wasn't my favorite (watery) but the sweetness was really nice, not overly sweet but rather a wholesome taste. It tasted a lot like a vanilla "health" shake that I had as a kid, but I tasted no custard or hint of anything other than just vanilla. boooooo

Mixability
Here is the part that really got me, the mixability was rather frustratingly bad bud then again it could have been worse. I noted even with vigorous shaking in my trusty blender bottle things were really tough just because 1,5 servings really are huge so I had to use my much bigger scitec shaker very seldom Pro Gainer came out smooth with no lumps. I suggest using a blending machine to get a lump less and smooth result!

Now how can dosing be so low you ask? Simply the scooper is flipping insanely huge unless you have a big blending machine getting this into a normal size shaker is a nightmare and a half. I found myself messing quite a bit of powder and the serving size was a bit of a miss at 1,5 scoop where 4 smaller scoops would be a lot easier on the spillage experienced.

Now here is where I think so explaining is needed, Pro Gainer is more of a lean mass builder than a proper high calorie mass gainer. Now for someone who is new in supplement game one ties gainer to weight gain and rightly so. So my conclusion is that O.N needs to change the name to maybe Lean gainer or something along those lines.

Now personally the macros for me were a definite hit (not to mention low in sugar), although the body can only consume so much protein, I still feel the content will help individuals hit their daily protein requirements with a lot more ease. The carb content wasn't high either at 80g it's the sweet spot for me, were fat gain is rarely a consequence.

I haven't picked up any additional body fat and as a shocker I only picked up 2kgs in 3 weeks whilst on this, now that it is a bad thing but for me it was amazing, I am prone to picking up weight easily but this really kept me leaner than I deserve and it also kept boosted my strength slightly. Does pro gainer miss the inclusion of creatine? That's a good question and I cannot answer that, as a creatine free lean mass gainer I found it really good at keeping my gains and no water retention to speak of which can be draw back with usage of creatine monohydrate, minimal but people blow it out of the water as always.

As a lean mass gainer it did the job, proper lean muscle mass with retention and some strength gain is a winner in my book but as pure mass gainer it does lack the calories an carbs but that's why there is serious mass I guess.

Price is always a constant battle especially in S.A. Pro gainer is around +-$67(14 servings) which is a killer on the pocket but I must mention this was a gift, but regardless I find myself second guessing Pro Gainer on price alone, as that is its major downfall. For 2 whole weeks that's a load of cash on essentially a good protein and a good carb source. If you can get this on a good deal go for, the protein sources are great, no lie but nothing wrong with a good isolate and vitargo or if your on a budget dextrose.

Side Effects

N/A- Although that price tag is dangerously high lol.

Conclusion

Although it does sound like I'm in two minds, I do enjoy Pro Gainer and will say its the cleanest lean gainer formula out there. Its horridly priced here, but price aside fat free muscle gain is always a positive and should be chased as opposed to super high calorie mass gainer filled with creatine which will likely result in fat and water retention which for more is avoidable. But there are many other alternative as mentioned in value, doing your own custom mass gainer is really a good option especially on a budget! O.N is synonymous for quality and Pro Gainer is no exception. A great product, with amazing ingredients and also safe to use at any age which is another bonus. They could be more adventurous with their flavors and maybe a few additional ingredients (betaine, insulin mimickers maybe) but again they have had pro gainer for decade if it aint broke? (but change the scooper please) But If you're looking for a weight gainer then sadly this isn't for you!

But foreals tho where that custard at? lol
  • Great Protein Blend
  • Minimal Fat Gains
  • Not All Sugar Like Other Gainers.
  • Safe For All Ages
  • Huge Scooper (should Be Smaller With 2-3 Scoops)
  • Badly Designed Scoop
  • Costs More Compared To Other Gainers

Hi guys, here to drop a review on xfactor advanced. I was really keen to get my hands on them and through my inside man i was able to purchase 2 bottles (50 day cycle).I was slightly skeptical at first but my skepticism was answered...

I cant really comment too much on the ingredients although I must say prop blends still annoy me some what. But alas this worked a treat i am no expert on ara,

2 caps first thing in the morning and 2 caps 30 mins before hitting the iron, very simple

pumps 8,5/10

F...

pumps 8,5/10

From the get go I was very eager to feel the much talked about muscle pumps xfa was known for or atleast what I read on various forums, All i can say that the pumps were really awesome and very long lasting which was something I looked forward to every session! I can remember how the first dosage blew my mind, because my bicep pumps were unbearably epic! And when my last dosing took place I felt a tad emo. But to sum up the pumps were great! especially when coupled with a solid preworkout, but definitely the potency does fade abit during the 50 day cyclecompared to the first dosage vs the last dosage but still the pumps were awesome, but nothing compared to that first hit

strength 8/10

I did gain a bit of strength especially when it came to db rows and standing db shoulder presses, but overall I gained a few extra lbs on every lift nothing earth shattering by any means but then again I'm more concerned about whats going on in the mirror than the poundage being pushed/pulled. But being one of the product highlights it really didn't blow me away as such but it was great to see improvements on my lifts nonetheless

lean mass/fat loss 9/10

Now here's the best part by far! I knew a few guys spoke about the positive effects xfa had on fat loss and being great for a recomp and I was overly impressed to say the least. At first subtle changes were experienced but during the cycle I felt and looked alot leaner and even more vascular, now anyone that knows me knows I love vascularity and this product got me some added veins and striations on my delts and pecs! something I really wasn't expecting because seeing such a shift makes me wonder is this even legal? haha jokes, this is science at its best truly a ground breaking formula that did what I always wanted to make me visibly leaner and slightly harder too. I think I lost 3-5kgs of fat during my run which isn't huge but lemme just add I made no changes to my diet or training regime so it was all the work of xfa. I cannot wait to use it on a full cutting phase!

Here's the biggest let down, the price. I got a bottle ea for $50 and needing 2 for a cycle that's $100. Now people think it's madness cause gym candi would be the cheaper route but being an ultra natty I see the light at the end of the tunnel and xfa is worth the cost because it works! plus the complete cycle with the off cycle is 100 days so its not too bad if you think of it this way! Plus I only used 4 caps a day, i know 6 was an option but that would have been far too pricey! If you can afford 6 caps daily then give it a go!

Side Effects

I experienced no sides whatsoever, No joint pains! Maybe I was lucky.

Conclusion

8,5/10

Overall I have no doubts that this is the best non hormonal anabolic supplement out there, this is science at its best and yes anything scientific is gonna bust your wallet but the results I experienced made up for the price I paid! I experienced no side just lean gains couple with extra strength and great pumps! This is the natty athletes gear, haha. I also do think being on a keto diet(modified in someways) helped keep me real anabolic and really aided the gains seen with xfa. If you want the best you gotta pay, and xfa is so so worth it!
 Pros:
 Cons:
  • Recomp

Hi guys, Just before everyone jumps to conclusions I am in no way over scoring supplements. Basically with all the years of using various supplements one gets to know what works and what doesn't. This was a very calculated decision, and one that pays off daily. I truly do think vitargo is a very underrated yet amazing supplement, one of the best supplements ever!!!

10/10- first ingredient paints a positive picture!

each scoop(28g) contains : 439kj ; 25,6g carbs; 0g sodium; 0g dietary fibre and 4mgTE vit. E.

ingredients: Vitargo,citric ac...

10/10- first ingredient paints a positive picture!

ingredients: Vitargo,citric acid,flavorings,non nutritive sweetners and ,alic acid.

----Taste---
unflavored N/A (Unflavored but completely versatile and it literally doesn't effect the taste of any supplement.)
Mango-peach 8/10 - The taste was very good, but it didn't quite taste like mango peach rather a fruit punch blend. But once added to a fruit isolate, it really was a joy to consume especially after a long intense session.

----Mixability---
For the most part this mixed well, just make sure you put sufficient water inside your shake or you will be left with a few pieces of sludge. But even so the pieces of sludge taste really good, only reason I cannot give it a 10 because this stuff is really sticky! And once there's residue at the bottom of your shaker and it gets stuck... good luck cleaning it... its a mess! I recommend using a blender!

1-2 scoops before, during, after or whenever you want the ultimate carb source!!! Really this stuff is amazing, but due to my current diet I only consume 1 scoop post workout, and heck its been amazing.

Now before the eyebrows get raised once again please bear in mind I'm assessing 1 scoop yet again. Now as I have mentioned stomach issues are pretty common with me I even had a year where I only ate gluten free ish, but that was somehow only just a stage in my life?(mid life crisis? LOL) but with vitargo I had no stomach issues whatsoever. Because of its low osmolality structure which refers to the amount of water it draws in. This allows for easier transportation of energy while minimizing the risk of cramping... Let me add, the pumps and fullness I also received after I finished hitting up the iron were immense! Again due to my diet I do allow carbs after my session and only turn to this, because of its far superior molecular level than any other carb source - hbcd has nothing on this! Even though it's old school its still legendary and science backed, I mean its even recommend to use after operations, pregnancies(not planning on that one LOL), sports, even as a energy drink for the average joe... Due to this stuff rapidly digesting it restores your lost glycogen levels after intense training sessions meaning your refueling for the next one ahead. My recovery has improved with the use of vitargo, and no bloating whatsoever. Perfect on a cut or not, very versatile, very AMAZING!

A tub costs me $21,5 for 27 servings, but saying its great for only me doesn't really cut it. I do know using vitargo more often than once a session is gonna be costly! I would like to try a double serving of vitargo but if it ain't broke? Simply for me at one scoop, does the job carbs and I don't play nice! Its all about trail and error. I do know this, it's worth every cent.

Side Effects

NONE

Conclusion

9.5/10
Price and servings aside, Vitargo is a product very underrated and deserves alot more consideration. Its been the king and remains the king quite simply! Its been an effective tool for me to aid me in my recovery and helping me add on lean mass too (and those muscle pumps!), because of the kind of regime I follow it really compliments my results. Once any product is used the way its supposed to, it will yield fantastic results most of the time depending on quality and research. Simply all I'm saying is that vitargo is scientifically the best ever carbohydrate out there and the results do not lie (for me)! If 1 scoop doesn't work and you have the funds to play with go wild... it ain't cheap but it's so worth it!
 Pros:
 Cons:
  • Versatile
  • Pumps
  • Fullness
  • Improved Recovery
  • Can Be Pricey
  • Needs A Bigger Container

Hi guys, Just tried to do a Youtube sr.com review on TNT HydroBlast, please check it out - I think it was terrible, But anywho. TNT is a local supplement company that has been around a good decade or so. Now I'm not the biggest fan of local supps due to the quality, especially the whey isolates and preworkouts- they are costing more than some of the international brands, which is madness. The only other local brand I now use and finally trust is USN, but I only use their whey and vitargo. But alas I was referred by a close mate to give HydroBlast a go... And darn some faith in local supps has grown...

(pictured)
Now Hydroblast has a fudge load of ingredients some few might find unnecessary like the test boosting blend, I do see the logic behind it but at a single scoop its just not enough, but thats all choice. A full serving (2 scoops) is gonna work much better, then all of it make sense but at a single scoop I felt the only ingredient that was missing was a nitrate of some sort for enhanced pump. But heck a pretty sick profile!

---Taste---
Well ofcourse due to multiple ingredients its bound to taste a bit funky, both do need some attention in this department but taste should'nt be everything, but in saying that with all the new flavors and technologies out there I think they should and could've improved it.

berry blast 7/10
Very cough medicine like taste, something I don't mind too much. I enjoyed the taste until the horrid residue in the bottom attack my taste bad, terribly bitter.

pineapple 5/10
It smelt alot like pineapple, taste alot like poo. Weird super artificial sweet taste but with a unforgiving bitterness all around.

6,5/10
Well as mentioned in my video mixability wasn't the best, no foaming which is welcomed. But the grit at the bottom never left no matter how many shakes. So in that regard you wont get any chunks but rather nasty residue, always be sure to top it up with extra water to get out possible extra gainz?! lol

---Dosing---
Add 1/2 scoops of Hydroblast to 150/250ml of water. As mentioned, for me 1 scoop was spot on.

Strength
Now having been training for slightly over a decade any increase in any lift will be noticed, It wasnt anything crazy but a 10kg increase to most of my exercises performed was really impressive, this stuff really pushes you beyond what you expected!

Pumps/fullness
As a standalone product Hydroblast gave me decent pumps, I mean Really good. I found after every set the pumps were more and more intense, vascularity was also evidently improved. After every session I felt and looked fuller... But once you add in a nitrate (My choice was Noxygen) Everything just got better!

energy/focus/endurance
9,5/10
This blend was killer, I would'nt do a double scoop because of me being a tad stim sensitive. But the best part was at just one scoop, it was effective and it was good CLEAN energy none of that heart palpitation shiz occurred which to me was great. EVERY session was intense and filled with focus and a good healthy aggression, I pushed right until I was completely out of juice...just the way I was drenched every session was pretty epic.

One bottle contains 40 scoops, So for me a container lasts like 2 months easy which is great value for me, But for full effects (2 scoops) it will last a month, but still for all that your getting it's money well spent. At just R399 or $28 it's one of the cheapest Pre Workouts this side, but evidently one of the best, Its a win win. But throwing in a Noxygen adds to thee expense for me.

Side Effects

Well I did notice I needed the toilet after a scoop of Hydroblast, this was only the first few days then my body or stomach finally adjusted to it... Not a major problem just make sure the toilet is near lol. Another adjustment sign was the crash I got the first few times I used Hydroblast. But after this adjustment phase all went well! real well...

Conclusion

With all the good that came out of Hydroblast some respect is due to TNT, it gave me international quality workouts and crazy intensity without busting my wallet. Those using the full serving will obviously get more out of it, but I do recommend 1 scoop to assess your tolerance as we're all different. Its no doubt that Hydroblast will assist with gains (due to lifting heavier, test boosting effects) and make you feel the alpha male kinda feeeel (plus NO PROP BLENDS)... But to be affordable as well, now that takes the cake! This is really a product to consider, even though its local!!!
  • Focus
  • Strength Gainz

Hi all, back at you with another review. This time on something a bit out of the ordinary (like Rich himself)- 5%'s Real Food. Now admittedly so I'm not the biggest fan of Rich but I gotta give him credit where its due, This product is top notch.

(pictured below)
To me this a complete complex carb source, filled only with what it states which is great! No fillers, no issues. One can argue that possibly more can could've been added to this mix, but if it ain't broke?

----Taste---
(with the inclusion of chocolate whey)
Sweet potatoe pie...

(pictured below)

----Taste---
(with the inclusion of chocolate whey)
Sweet potatoe pie 8/10 - I didn't expect much from this flavor but I was wrong, it has a pleasant tart taste with a hint of sweetness, but as always I mixed R.F. with a double scoop of chocolate whey protein which tasted very good.
blueberry cobbler 7/10 - This flavor was a tad too sweet for my liking, but nonetheless it was still good.

Mixability

No matter how you look at it, R.F. is going to be thickish due to the nature of the product and its core ingredients being what they are, but having said that I usually made R.F. into a thick sludge that I would refrigerate, and I have no issues at all.

Easy, mix 1-2 scoops of R.F in what ever you please to get in them good complex carbs.

Now before every one thinks my scoring is over zealous please bare in mind where I'm coming from. R.F. isn't gonna make you pack huge amounts of muscle or boost your test, to me this is simply another way to easily fit in complex carbs into your diet. This being somewhat predigested adds to its score, as its less taxing on your stomach,especially if you have sensitive stomach like myself. I use this to great success even when I'm dieting or not I always throw in a double scooper and that does the trick as my pre workout meal, and in no time in ready to pump the iron without gaseous exchanges(depending on what preworkout I use) LOL. Simply this is one of my favorite products of all time, as it's so much more convenient than cooking up yams,oats,sweet potatoes and buying some blueberries. Best thing is I can travel with it and it wont spoil, all these positives make this a perfect 10er.

Here is where the biggest down fall comes, The price is rather ridiculous this side of the world. A tub costs around $78, which made me think twice about buying it, but I assessed the situation and I had to give this a go or else I'd simply never know what I am missing or what I wasn't. A tub generally lasts me just over a month, due to my non training days being carb free. But if I was going heavy on the carbs I'd seriously reconsider...

Side Effects

This is really hard for me to score, because I only noticed one side effect which was if taken too close to a workout (taking a preworkout) I'd have a session spray painting the toilet bowl. But this I found was only due to the pre workout I was taking and not R.F. As a stand alone I noticed no issues whatsoever, so this is just a caution assess it yourself first.

Conclusion

My conclusion is this, If you really love/need something you will find a way to get, for me R.F. has that same appeal. It is a superior complex carb source which has aided me tremendously especially when it comes to sticking to my meal plan and also it being so convenient I have no excuse not to get some quality macros in.It would also be cool to see them add a few more different flavors too as I'm assuming the flavors can get interesting if they wanted it to. And let me not forget to mention its gentle on the stomach... The price is a concern but that's just because of where I live, it does last me over a month but as mentioned if your consuming more than 2 scoops daily its gonna be insanely pricey. Price aside R.F. is so worth it, Thanks Rich ;) #whateverittakes lol
  • Solid Profile.
  • Helps Meet Macro Goals
  • Pricey

Hi guys, I'm going to review a product I'm super fond of, so much so I actually bought out the stock in South Africa. Funny story but very true, torrent has now become extinct our side thanks to the weak rand. But alas there was a reason why I loved this stuff...

pictured below

pictured below
I was a huge fan of this profile and the only thing that was really missing is some extra protein, 20g of protein doesn't really appeal to me so I always added a scoop of whey to boost the protein intake, sadly. But the ingredients used are top notch, I love the different forms of leucine and so too the different forms of creatine opposed to good ol and watery creatine monohydrate. I think the protein content was the only floor in torrent to be honest.

Taste

cherry berry blast (8/10 ,with vanilla whey it was an easy 9/10)
sour citrus rush (7/10)
green apple avalanche (7/10)

-I feel the cherry berry blast was easily the best tasting, all are evidently bitter and I'd advise mixing a scoop of vanilla whey or vanilla whey isolate to first add the desired protein content it needs and secondly to aid the sweetness and texture that vanilla whey gives, you will be thanking me I hope, lol. The ratings of the sour citrus rush and green apple avalanche are generous, I might add.

(6.5/10)
Torrent didn't mix too well, the problem was that its overly foamy and often you'd galp down a few chunky chunks here and there, which isn't too pleasant. My advise is to throw a full serving into a blender with 20oz of water, simple.

3 scoops directly after your workout with 20oz of water, I would have preferred a 1 serving scoop but alas I cant really give it a score.

(8.5/10)
Now when I started training way back in the day, Torrent was one of first all in one post workouts I ever used and I loved it because it made me feel fooing good after every session I felt pumped and it actually made me enjoy pumping iron just so I can feel "swole" hehe, a state of mind perhaps. I found torrent extremely rare to come by and pricey too, but once I got my hands on it again I felt what I did, well close to it.

I noticed my strength never dropped but rather slightly increased, even though I was aiming on a cutting phase. I felt pumped up and swole after every session not as profound as say a few years back but that's expected, I have used various supplements so I guess my body has a high threshold and its gonna take something special to make me feel what I did back then. Also my recovery was slightly improved nothing drastic, I ran a few bottles back to back, with no stomach issues luckily... I did gain some lean mass nothing insane but decent but that's a combined effort with diet, training etc. I did expect better recovery, but no product is perfect, torrent is by no means a flop but rather a contender for the ultimate post workout supplement in history behind the likes of after glow and after shock.

(6.5/10)
Universal ain't cheap and that's an understatement here in S.A. But torrent was going for around $40 on sale when I bought atleast 6 tubs if I'm not mistaken. But normally it'd be +- $60 without the clearance sale which is pricey, especially since a tub lasted me only 3 weeks because I trained 5 days a week, but lets not forget the inclusion of the whey that I had to have which costed extra $$$ but if they upped the protein I'd easily give a better rating. But still something so good is worth the wallet burn.

Conclusion

(8.5/10)
Value aside Torrent is really a top notch product, with the Achilles heel being the insufficient protein content and the lack of oomph in the flavor department. I am a fan of universal and will always be, there's a profound passion for quality and their products pay dividends to that. Would I ever buy torrent again? that's a tough one, there a nostalgic correlation to torrent and myself that I don't think I will ever overlook because its tried and tested. The euphoric feeling of a postworkout pump is something I can never grow out of, plus the ability to keep my strength (and slightly increase it) during a cutting phase deserves to be noticed. I definitely recommend Torrent, just be sure to have a tub of vanilla whey on hand... ...
  • Great Formula