FRIDGE

TROPHY CASE

Reviews by FRIDGE

March 4, 2019

Pros:
 Cons:
  • Improved Recovery
  • Tastes Great
  • No Stomach Issues
  • Cold Fold Technology
  • Grass Fed
  • Zero Fillers Or Added Sugar
  • Fully Transparent
  • Not Cheap
  • Not More Widely Available

Hi peeps, here with a very exciting review on a local product from a great local brand - titan nutrition. I have been using this extensively to give the best review possible. A huge thank you to George and the team for allowing our business to give true whey a go.

Pictured below but in essence
1kg 40 servings (serving size 25g)
Protein 20g
Total carbs 1.5g
Cholesterol 12.5mg
Sodium 268mg
Calcium 350mg
Glutamine 3.4g
BCAAs 4.5g

Pictured below but in essence
1kg 40 servings (serving size 25g)
Protein 20g
Total carbs 1.5g
Cholesterol 12.5mg
Sodium 268mg
Calcium 350mg
Glutamine 3.4g
BCAAs 4.5g
Ultra -low temperature cross - flow micro filtered whey protein concentrate ,guar gum extract, acesulfame potassium, sodium cyclamate, sodium chloride, natural and nature-identical flavours, lecithin isoflavones, permitted colorant (E102).
Right off the bat this whey is full transparency which is great, plus being that this houses cold flow tech means a more complete and less damaged protein which means more effectiveness and quality. This whey is grass fed as well which makes it real quality and honestly you can taste the difference. If this housed more than just a concentrate it would've been unstoppable .

Taste

There are quite a few flavors available, such as peanut butter nutter, banana cream and cappuccino joe as well. We got the basics so far... and wow!

Strawberries and cream 8.5/10
A nice and clean creamy yet fresh taste that definitely was a enjoyable experience each and every time. Its usually pretty much hens teeth to find a good strawberry and this was very very good.

Milk chocolate 8.5/10
This had a nice coco flavour that was more mature than sweet and something I definitely enjoyable as it was more of a richer flavour which is unusable as most are too sweet.

Vanilla ice cream 9.5/10
Man oh man... this flavour was truly amazing, it smelt alot like a kids growth formula I used to drink and love growing up. This was magic to say the least, to me vanilla has always been the toughest flavour to get right and this was so so spot on. I would've given it a 10 but I haven't had every vanilla whey out there... I literally savour this, its that good.

Mixability

This mixes well but it does need a shaker cup, without a shaker cup its pretty much standard it terms of lumpy with a spoon and glass. The texture is slightly watery. There is no residue nor grit to speak of which was great.

Its whey ... so for me I preferred using this after my workout to truly gauge its potential. I took 2 scoops with around 300ml of water. But whey is multi purpose so anytime is more or less a good time to use it.

I was pretty much confident that this was going to be a standard kinda whey concentrate because on paper it is pretty much a fancy concentrate and being an avid fan of protein blends I was pretty much reluctant to use this... The owner George was really confident about his whey, and for good reason. Its really really good.

As usual its hard to gauge whey protein or in fact protein, other than taste its pretty much hard to truly identify its effects as its mostly there to help reach your macros more conveniently. I decided to use this as a post workout protein to try and gauge its effects and honestly I felt an improvement in my recovery, which was pretty much clear as daylight. I really do feel that this product is surprisingly of international quality, and the effectiveness in terms of recovery and the lack of any stomach issues. Being on a recomp I certainly felt like it assisted me in losing body fat and building lean muscle mass, it all worked to plan but then again most quality whey proteins will certainly help, once you form a routine you will definitely see results, true whey supported this process.

This caused no stomach discomfort or had me running to the loo. Being a bit lactose intolerant, I feared the worst but their claims are on point, its not the easiest thing to entrust any local brand but man... do I trust Titan.
Its pretty hard to give this a super high total as it is a whey concentrate in essence but it truly punches beyond its weight category. I love that this whey protein is truly transparent, with zero fillers and sugar. This is how a product should be, fully disclosed and honest.

You can get this protein on the titan store, for R469 a kg ($33) and R819 for a 2kg ($57). Now for a South African whey this is as pricey as it comes for a concentrate, but with the process it goes through and being grass fed, this is certainly a product that is real quality... but quality is not cheap. A kg holds 40 servings and a 2 kg holds around 80 servings so for slightly under a dollar its not too bad and to be frank this was a shockingly good whey concentrate.

Side Effects

Conclusion

True whey was a true eye opener in terms of of quality and effectiveness. I taught me a lesson of never judging a book by its cover and being a supplement reviewer, its what we do and true whey definitely has made the best and most effective whey concentrate I have used with zero sides. It does come at a price but again... quality ain't cheap and this is just true quality that delivers on taste and effectiveness. Massive thanks to George and the team again at Titan.

Cheers

Fridge

Thanks to VMI Sports® for sending it out!
  February 11, 2019

Pros:
 Cons:
  • Increased Metabolism
  • Raise Body Heat
  • Makes A Good Sweat
  • Open Label
  • Increased Focus
  • Some Ingredients Could Be Dosed Higher

Hey guys, back again with another review. Once again a special thanks to Sr.com and VMI for this incredible opportunity. Being a stim free kinda guy this was definitely up my alley, so with this screaming my name I decided to give it a bash.

Per tablespoon (1 serving, 15ml)

L-Carnitine 500mg
Acetyl L-Carnitine 500mg
L-Carnitine L-Tartrate 500mg
Green Tea Leaf Extract 50mg
Gamma Butyrobetaine ethyl ester Chloride 25mg
Grains Of Paradise extract 15mg
BioPerine 2.5mg

This is a nice array of ingredients to help accelerate fat loss and boost yo...

Per tablespoon (1 serving, 15ml)

L-Carnitine 500mg
Acetyl L-Carnitine 500mg
L-Carnitine L-Tartrate 500mg
Green Tea Leaf Extract 50mg
Gamma Butyrobetaine ethyl ester Chloride 25mg
Grains Of Paradise extract 15mg
BioPerine 2.5mg

This is a nice array of ingredients to help accelerate fat loss and boost your metabolism, the advanced forms of L carnitine have a nootropic benefit as well. Overall a very solid list of effect ingredients that work and taste good. Once again I am loving the fully transparency of the label!

I had the sour gummy bear flavor and my oh my was it different... Not in a bad way but rather unsuspecting as the heat or kick of this was pretty gnarly lol. It's a very enjoyable mix of sweet with kick of sour that went down well every morning. It liquid form so it's pretty much easy and ready to use after a shake.
I dosed this 1 table spoon first thing in the morning to truly gauge its effectiveness.

Now being that this was used first thing in the morning, the tell tale signs were pretty prominent and very real. The first thing I noticed right away was the overall increased body heat which aided sweaty Cardio sessions each and every time. There was no jitters nor nauseated feeling, which was very much appreciated. I did notice a nice kick of energy that made me actually forget to have my morning coffee, this stuff works surprisingly well as it made me less hungry and assisted me in my intermittent fasting phases.

This is a really nice addition where weight loss over this period of time was minimal but noticeable as well without any real change to my diet or Cardio routine. It's certainly a handy thing to have come prep as it stops those cravings for sure.

I have seen this going for around $25 which is not bad at all as it last for over a month which makes it affordable at around $0.8 a serving. It's certainly one of my favorite stim free products and one of the better stim free formulas on the market.

Side Effects

Conclusion

I am again very impressed by VMI and their ability to make great and effective products that aren't your norm, this certainly was alot better than I expected and the results spoke for themselves. This is definitely something I'd add anytime of the year due to it not having to by cycled and it being stim free! It's really one of my favorite products I would definitely recommend! Thanks again Sr.com and VMI for blessing me with this opportunity.

Overall
Thanks to VMI Sports® for sending it out!
  February 11, 2019

Pros:
 Cons:
  • Quality Ingredients
  • Non GMO
  • Increased Hydration
  • TRAACS Electrolytes And Minerals
  • Better Recovery
  • Mixes Perfectly
  • Pricey
  • One Size Option

Hey guys, firstly a massive thankyou to Sr.com and their trooper program and of course to VMI for being apart of it. I love whey isolate and that's no joke, it's an integral part of my post workout ritual and VMI protolyte definitely looked all business so I decided to give this a go.

Servings per container 25.

Calories from Fat 9
Total Carbohydrate 4 g
Protein 21 g
Magnesium Glycinate Glutamine Chelate (MGG by Albion) 500 mg
Calcium Glycinate (TR...

Servings per container 25.

Calories from Fat 9
Potassium Glycinate (TRAACS by Albion) 183 mg
Chromium Nicotinate Glycinate Chelate (TRAACS) 8 mg
Calcium 175 mg
Phosphorus 6% D
Other Ingredients: Non GMO Cold Pressed Whey Protein Isolate, Natural and Artificial Flavors, Xantham Gum, Sucralose, and Enzyme Blend (Protease 1, Protease 11, Amylase, Lipase & lactase)

A real quality whey isolate with added goodness in terms of a digestive aids and even electrolytes. The carb content is on the lower scale and the protein sits at a pretty 21g per serving. Overall there's not much to add here other than it looks the whey it should lol.

I was really pleasantly surprised at the taste of orange dreamsicle. I had a very awesome experience with syntha 6 and their orange flavor a few years back and I found this just as nice but not too sweet nor overwhelming. As an isolate you'd expect instant mixability and this does not disappoint, in a blended bottle this stuff mixes great with no residue nor clumps in sight. I utilized a scoop post workout with around 8oz of water.

Now like with any protein it's extremely hard to gauge effectiveness but protolyte was a tad different. I train later in the afternoons and this really complemented my results I feel. After every workout I would feel slightly more hydrated than I would without and this was very much apparent after training and even after Cardio.

I sweat buckets so the addition of the electrolytes are very smart and versatile, the addition of magnesium is very much welcome as it has awesome positive effects on your nervous system so naturally I'd feel alot more relaxed and more comfortable after every hard session.

All of this meant improved recovery and hydration which is a step ahead of most isolates on the market as its very rare to feel anything from a protein powder as such. This was definitely a win here.

Pricing ranges anywhere from $35 to $40 which makes it pretty much premium but to be honest for what your getting, the taste and variety of flavors I think it's still pretty much worthy as a scoop a day could last you quite a few workouts.

Side Effects

Conclusion

What a great product, I really thoroughly enjoyed it and wish more companies would try and be different and innovative with their whey isolates and VMI is definitely stepping in the right direction with this effective protein which is pretty much one of the better protein I have ever used. Again thank you for this opportunity Sr.com and VMI! This one is definitely recommended.

December 28, 2018

• Premium Feel
  • Very Strong
  • Tastes Good
  • Awesome Intensity
  • Increased Focus
  • Proprietary Blend Is Annoying
  • Occasionally It'll Give You A Nauseous Feeling Towards The End Of Your Workout
  • Can Disturb Sleep
  • Very Strong
  • Pumps Were Okay
  • Lacking Basic Must Have Ingredients

Hey SR fam... It's been a while... Finally I have a chance to drop a few exciting reviews, Thanks to some time off. Today I'm reviewing black markets pre workout adrenolyn bulk or just bulk for short. A pre workout that I found quite unique plus I have heard a lot of good about these guys... Let's see what happened.

Serving Size - 11g (1 scoop)
Servings Per Container 30
Amount Per Serving
Total Carbohydrate 1 g
Sodium 8 mg

Proprietary Blend 9,185mg
Beta-Alanine (CarnoSyn), Creatine Monohydrate, D-Aspartic Acid, Betaine...

Serving Size - 11g (1 scoop)
Servings Per Container 30
Amount Per Serving
Total Carbohydrate 1 g
Sodium 8 mg

Proprietary Blend 9,185mg
Beta-Alanine (CarnoSyn), Creatine Monohydrate, D-Aspartic Acid, Betaine Anhydrous, Agmatine Sulfate, Caffeine Anhydrous (300mg), Mucuna L-Dopa, Bitter Orange Extract (unripen fruit) (Citrus aurantium) (AdvantraZ)

Other Ingredients:
Citric Acid, Chicory Inulin, Malic Acid, Tartaric Acid, Natural and Artificial Flavor, Sucralose, Silicon Dioxide, Calcium Silicate, Acesulfame Potassium, Trisodium Citrate, FD&C Blue #1
Manufactured in a cGMP compliant facility.

I am like most, I dislike prop blends... I wasn't expecting a whole lot. It's nothing ground breaking or earth shattering but on paper it looked good. The whole idea behind this was it being a 2 in 1 product - pre workout and test booster. The idea isn't new but it is one of the many options black market does have as they have a wide selection of pre workouts.

Taste

Really didn't have much expectancy for taste, as I have become used to poo tasting pres. This was really nice and sweet which was a surprise to me, it was a refreshing fruit punch flavor that never got old. One of the best tasting pres I have used this year.

Mixability

Mixed really well, no clumps or any real grit to be honest. I never really drink to taste but rather done it. It did have a slight grit to it at the end but not a train smash

1 level scoop with about 8oz of water 20 minutes before a workout worked best for me.

With all I mentioned with the ingredient profile I was expecting something mediocre at best. But this wasn't at all.

I noticed a intensity I haven't felt in a while, razor sharp focus and concentration that left me in my gym longer than usual. I'd say I had some of the best workouts to date on bulk as I did feel quite alpha in the gym every time I took a serving. But after a few weeks I felt the effect wear off a tad, the business end of the workouts were not as good as they were but generally I adapt quicker than most to pre workouts that's why I never constantly stay on one. Pumps were okay nothing major but once stacked with massacr3 things became a lot more advanced... Strength did improve which led to a lot more excitement each workout which was welcomed each and everytime.

I feel there was a big concern as the dosing wasn't what it should be as DAA was underdosed and the basics like citrulline and other nootripics were absent. Once additional ingredients were added this became an amazing all rounder and a half. But they have a large selection of pre workouts so I'm assuming they are focusing on a segment and like the name suggests... It's ideal for off seasons and those wanting to gain size and strength. Whilst the idea is noble I feel It could have been better, as the test boosting effects weren't all to apparent to be honest as the energy, drive and intensity were the standouts.

But it was better than expected...

Here was a bit of a shocker, a tub sells for about $55 a tub on bodybuilding.com which is a bit steep considering it's a blend... I guess for 30 full workouts its not too bad. Black market has a premium feel and the price confirms this.

Side Effects

What I will say is that I am slightly stim sensitive. Seeing that once I switch up to a different pre things normally happen lol. I have to say that I didn't feel panicked or overwhelmed with bulk, it was when it came to bedtime things would turn sour. I feel higher stimmed pres have their place for most, but taking this near my sleep was a slight issue as most nights I would be restless and battle to sleep. But once tolerance kicked in I was fine... So avoid Taking it after 4pm or if you train in the am it will be even better if your not a fan of Stims.

Conclusion

The first review of many but this was a very good preworkout, one if the better pre workouts I have used this year. This price is steep but I think it's strength holds its own and it's truly a one scooper. Just don't take this lightly as it can cause sleeping difficulties so if you love Stims and strong pre workouts then this is one for you. The intensity and stamina is really awesome. This feels and looks like a premium pre but it works premium as well... But at a cost. This is a pre with potential in being something amazing if a few tweaks can be done.

Cheers

October 30, 2018

Pros:
 Cons:
  • Improved Intensity
  • No Crash
  • Poor Endurance
  • No Pumps
  • Focus Needs Improving
  • Clinically Under Dosed
  • Can Be A Bit Too Strong For Those Stim Sensitive
  • Jitters

Unsurprisingly this is a hype pre that's definitely not worth buying, there's so many better pre workouts to choose from.

Hey peeps, decided I will slide in another review before this month ends. Clearly I'm a man on mission lol, having Mutant in the local market has caused quite a stir as they are pushed and pushed here, to be fair I like the look of their isolate and whey protein, you basically can't stuff that up if the flavor is good and apparently but the rest of the stuff is severely unimpressive and underdosed... oh well let's get this Madness over wid!

Serving size 1 scoop (7.5g)
Servings per container 30

Beta alanine instantized carnosyn brand 1250mg
Taurine/L-tyrosine 2:1 blend 1000mg
Malic-citric Acid blend 600mg
5- caffeine + polyphenol/egcg matrix 500mg
Coffee arabica bran extract (333mg), green tea leaf (92mg) (source of polyphenols, egcg), white tea leaf extract (25mg), black tea leaf extract (25mg), green coffee bean extract (25mg) (total caffeine 330mg/serving)
Amplification matrix 65mg
L-theanine (30mg),olive leaf extract (20% oleuropein)(20mg), cinnamon (10mg), bioperine 5mg

Damn that's a lot of mumbo jumbo to sort through, I will say these 2:1 blends etc are confusing to a newbie and seriously it wouldn't take much to sort out. I am really really unimpressed by the entire profile except the total caffeine content. You will see that my favorites (L-citrulline and beta alanine) are severally under dosed and the L-arginine is literally pointless since it's not on par with the 6g of the optimal l-citrulline dosage. There is just so much wrong here - but anywho... it's best to keep it simple and clinical something.

I was expecting the taste to be great since all these athletes claim "it's so delicious" etc. I purchased the peach mango flavor in hopes it would taste as great as it sounds... well basically it's very average it has that standard peppery harsh taste of the bioperine which detracts from the entire taste and makes this taste somewhat savory lol - definitely "not delicious", it has an undertone of sweetness but the tart peppery taste overwhelms it! I would add a level scoop to 200ml of water as I prefer to down it and not savor it. It mixed well but like most pres it had gritty settlement that was nasty at the end

Mmmm not much to really say here, but simply I wasn't surprised as this was a let down and a half. From what the claims were and feedback of it being great blah blah I just think it should be illegal lol coz your gonna get people who have no clue what to look for in a pre buy this. I know you may be asking "but fridge you dumbass you bought this" to answer that pending question is simple I bought it since it never really clashed with my blue juice and knowing hardly anyone would be buying blue juice it's important to rate this as a pre.

So yo anyways the energy is good, I won't lie it can be a bit of a weird intense rush (nearly anxious) but once you hit the weights it normalizes I would say 2 scoops IMO would be stupid. I noticed no crash which was great for a higher stim pre - crash always tends to be a concern but not here. Naturally intensity was improved a bit as well. The focus was very very poor I felt like it would really improve on this point tyrosine was underdosed imo since I do use the raw variant and 750mg is the sweet spot for me. The pumps were literally none existent since I gauged this without blue blood (I was angry and bitter when I used this without any intra). The endurance element was also way below average, but with the underdosing of so many ingredients this did not shock me.

This does retails for around $43 here (R630) which is insane since it's so underwhelming and lacks basically everything besides energy and intensity. It's around $1,40 a scoop which is epic since you'd need several scoops to get some clinical dosing here. Simply this is way way way over priced and there are so many better options it's ridiculous.

Side Effects

The only concern here could be the energy is rather strong and a bit overwhelming if your battling with anxiety etc it can cause nervousness but it should pass after the 3rd or 4th day of using it I found, clearly caffeine anhydrous is a better option imo. I hate jitters and this stuff is pretty strong with over 300mg of total caffeine.

Conclusion

Just NO. It's the worst pre I have used to date, I did have my reasoning to buy this but I guess I let myself down. With the prospect of no pumps, nearly no endurance and slight pinch of focus and a hard hitting "no-crash" energy rush this fails hard. I'd recommended to stay away from it, if it looks shitty with underdosed ingredients then it is... Shitty. It's simply Madness how I even bought this and more so how they push this. This can be the pre that would literally scare you away from pres lol.

October 29, 2018

Pros:
 Cons:
  • Improved Hydration
  • Premium Look And Packaging
  • No Prop Blend
  • Full Transparency
  • Slight Improvement In Focus
  • Good Pumps
  • Great Muscle Fullness
  • Improved Endurance
  • Pricey
  • Makes Having A Clinical Pre Virtually Impossible
  • Odd Ingredients
  • Underdosed If Not Used With Blue Blood
  • Contains Waxy Maize And Fructose

A very difficult intra to use if you have a well dosed pre workout supplement. A very complex intra that's a step up from the norm but more doesn't mean better!

Hey Sr Fam. Back again with a review on USNs blue juice. I got this against my good judgements because I did like the profile and the idea of a very unique intra - Intras to me, are undervalued and overlooked. I was adamant that this was gonna be good but at the same time skeptical as I opted to lay off a good pre. My approach will be a lil different as I try to make this shorter yet sweeter.

Serving size 1 scoop (44g)
Servings per container 20

Electrolyte & hydration Reload stack
Sodium bicarbonate 300mg
Coconut water powder 250mg
Monopotassium phosphate 150mg

Tjo okay now there's a lot going on in here, especially for an intra. I like the additions of glycerpump, betaine and the catabolic growth stack. To me the carb matrix is on the cheaper side as it's pretty sad to see maltodextrin outweigh cyclic
Dextrin - the addition of fructose isn't desired to be honest. The taurine is also very high at 2g which is cool if your only using this but if you have a good pre and post workout chances are your gonna have a bad time with too much taurine. Choline bitartrate is also there but again if your like me and using a standard pre this would likely clash. Overall this is a really great intra it's got your hydration elements, endurance, pump, focus and recovery all sorted but if your on stim break or prepping, but if your just living life and loving pres it's not the best.

I am not going to lie I was expecting blue juice to taste horrible since blue blood was really a major let down. I purchased the Red Redemption flavor in hope it would taste good being I am a fan of fruit pump (I was assuming). It was a surprise that this tasted good - it's a hybrid of raspberry jelly and fruit punch, it's rather a tad sweet with a slight aftertaste - still surpassed my expectations as it was pleasing to drink throughout every workout. Mixability was really decent with no complaints at all, one thorough shake and I was good, no floaties or grittiness to report. I would add 1 scoop of blue juice to 400ml of water and sip throughout my workouts.

This product looked great on paper but as mentioned it's tricky to mix with a good pre. But sipping on this was really good - the pumps were really really great on this, albeit the L-citrulline is severely undosed but this was meant to coincide with their blue blood, the carbohydrate matrix made for a really fuller experience that had me feeling swole af, clearly gylcerpump doing its rounds again. One odd thing is that you do not notice the beta alanine at all, very seldom tingles... The hydration was decent along with reduced fatigue which had me training slightly longer than normal with more reps than usual. It would be hard to judge blue juice with a solid pre but as a standalone to black coffee I felt it is really a contender for one of the most complex intras I have used. Focus was slightly improved but nothing major. I did feel my recovery was improved as muscle soreness wasn't such an issue, nothing major again but noticeable. This is a product I feel more suited to those involved in sports that need improved endurance and hydration because I ain't gonna substitute this over a clinical pre thats for sure.

A tub consists of 20 servings which goes for around $36 ($1.80 per serving) it may sound like a lot but it does try to do everything and beyond in an intra. But it's a bit underdosed in the L-citrulline department, you'd still need to add some in if this is your preferred choice over a solid pre.

Side Effects

I'd like to mention that there is no side effect as such but not being able to hit this with a strong ass pre is a concern due to the effects of me being cautious - but I refuse to chance it and kept my pre workout to coffee or a stim based only pre such as mutants pre.

Conclusion

Again this is a very good product in the epik line up, but if blue blood isn't part of your regime it could very well be overkill. I love seeing innovation and this is innovative only if it fits in your plan - to me I had to sacrifice a lot in order to gauge this properly and although it is really good it's also really frustrating as well, with some exclusions this could be so much better!

October 25, 2018

Pros:
 Cons:
  • Focus
  • Endurance
  • Pump
  • Improved Strength
  • Intensity
  • L-citrulline A Bit Underdosed
  • Jitters
  • Crash

Hi guys, it seems as though I am a man on mission - cause I am! Anyways missions aside I was very excited for our local market as USN launched their Epik range. I was pleased because the products looked quite good - naturally the preworkout caught my eye so let's see what it did for me:

I won't lie guys this profile was a lot better than any USN pre I have ever seen! And it's a beautiful thing to see it ain't a prop blend!

Serving size: 1 scoop (19g)

Sodium 51mg
Cell vollumax stack
L-Citrulline 5000mg
Glycerpump (65% glycerol monostearate) ...

Serving size: 1 scoop (19g)

Sodium 51mg
Cell vollumax stack
L-Citrulline 5000mg
Glycerpump (65% glycerol monostearate) 2000mg
Anabolic nitro pump complex
Betaine anhydrous 2000mg
Agmapure 500mg
Anabolic power, performance recovery complex
Beta alanine 3200mg
Dynamine methylliberine 150mg
L-theanine 100mg
Astragin 50mg

Quick Ingredient spotlight

Dynamine : boosts energy and focus (first time a local company has used this ingredient)

L-tyrosine: personally I love L-tyrosine but everyone has their preference- this improves focus and mood. I like 500mg but 1000mg may work better for you - it's an individual thang.

Betaine Anhydrous: increase power out put and improves strength.

Agmapure: Great for muscle pumps and improves insulin sensitivity

Glycerpump: muscle pumps and vasodilation

L-citrulline: improves blood flow and great for pumps, clinical dosage is around 6-8g but this is a saturation supplement so you don't have to use it pre workout only.

Beta alanine: Improves endurance and helps keep lactic acid build at bay. A clinical dosage is 3.2g and higher - depending on training.

Caffeine: improves energy and focus this again is personal preference as some are stim sensitive I prefer 200/250mg pre workout but at 300mg it's quite a kicker.

Taurine: is a widely used ingredient due to the fact it's cheap af - but this stuff isn't too bad since it helps with anxiety and stress but improves alertness as well! Max dosage is about 3G, I personally never go over 3G.

Astragin: improves absorption and uptake.

L-theanine: improves focus and reduces stress as well, also commonly used to help prevent crashes from stimulants.

Okay... that was a run through... well a walk I suppose. Anyways this stuff is well dosed - USN is playing it smart by making this go hand in had with their blue juice (contains that missing 1g of dang L-citrulline) so it's basically a marketing game BUT as a simple pre this stuff is really good. There's not much room for improvement but I feel caffeine didn't have to be that high, since you wanna gauge the effects of dynamine and tyrosine. I learned a while back that stims are overrated at the end of the day it's YOU that can make the difference. The beta Alanine is not Carnosyn which is a pity as it's pretty evident. But this is just my 2 cents... nothing is perfect.

Taste

Electric current flavor

Damn man I aint gonna lie I was bitterly upset that this tasted the way it did. This way like a super chemical punch and for a brand that always tries to innovative with flavors - it was a flop. Its basically a bitter tasting pre that has you cringing more often than not. This is why people chug a scoop in their mouth and down it with water.

Mixability

This mixed pretty easily, not much to really fuss about. Just a blender bottle and water... and your good! Not much to complain about except the slight grit and the bottom of the shaker which is so nasty!

1 scoop in 200/300ml water 20 mins before you hit the gym. This was perfect for me. I really love the fact it's a single scoop servings and none of this 3 heaped scoops pres... 1 and done.

I'd simply like to give a rating overall in effective because this was a combined experience that I wanna touch on.

Energy
I liked this aspect because the energy was smooth, not a sudden burst where you basically go all out and fade at the end. I was impressed by the overall smoothness during my sessions.

Focus
This was definitely the best part of Blue Blood. I feel the focus was on point and I was able to think clearer and really hit the weights harder due to the improvement of concentration... it basically made me feel like I had a mission and purpose which I really appreciated due to the fact that training at 4am is a bit of a mission especially when your mind is foggy as hell on cold mornings. The ability to zone in and push harder was amazing and the fact it did it every time was great.

Endurance
I felt this was good. I did gauge this without an intra and felt the effects first hand... it certainly is good. I would say I wasn't blown away the difference between carnosyn beta alanine and plain beta alanine was apparent here. I was able to train longer but lemme say at the end of the workout I pretty much was spent. This stuff makes you push hard, reps were higher than normal so in that regard it does work.

Strength
Surprisingly this was one of the most apparent effects here, due to the amazing focus I really pushed myself hard and felt like I could lift heavier... it is a mind over matter game and I was ready to put the heavier weights to shame. Basically every lift slightly increased and in turn I felt like this is one of the best parts of blue blood.

Pump
This stuff produced some really good pumps, it's one of better pre workouts out there and the pump was really intoxicating to say the least. I would definitely advise Blue blood for those seeking bursting pumps, I won't lie the more unbearable the pumps were the more I loved blue blood.

Intensity
I won't lie I was nearly drenched every workout with the fact I was pushing harder and heavier it did help the intensity even more. I'd have to say it was one of the more intense pre workouts I have used.

A very smooth operator to say the least. This isn't some dimeth induced pre workout formula but it certainly gives you that feeling that you are using something special and worthwhile. Although I felt a endurance could need a review and the minor fact that it was missing 1g of citrulline (cause let's face few are gonna buy the intra just to get 1g if citrulline) this needs to be revised.

At R500 locally ($34+-) Is actually really well priced considering the unique and pricey ingredients used to make it what it was. A tub contains 20 servings which is $1,70 a serving which sounds like a bit but considering near everything was clinical its definitely worth it! I have not seen this anywhere online so I am unsure as to why but this is available at Dischem pharmacy so I cant really give much insight as to where to find this online etc but from the look of things this is only avail to the South African market.

Side Effects

I did experience a few sides whilst on Blue blood - mainly the crash that would last a couple of hours - this was an issue as I was training in the mornings and lets just say its not the best thing to have happen especially if you are on the road.

Another side I noticed was the jitters that would be nearly constant, it's not something I am proud to admit but heck it happened. I would say that anything under a scoop is more or less a waste - but you have to gauge your personal preference.

Conclusion

Well with the terrible taste, jitters and crash aside I do feel that this is by far the best pre workout ever made by USN, 3xt was good but this is next level. The pumps and focus are the best aspects not to mention the strength! It's worth assessing your tolerance, I felt anything other than a scoop is a waste as the performance was no where near a full scoop... Coupled with a solid intra and post you will definitely reap the rewards of gainz and more! No product is perfect but if this is the shape of things to come it will be exciting for all of us - local and abroad!

October 24, 2018

Pros:
 Cons:
  • Pumps
  • Hydration
  • Endurance
  • Can Add To Most Pres
  • Underdosed At A Scoop

Hey fam, killer labz has officially hit us this side and I am a fan of trying new things... for me a no booster is a nice addition to have... cause it's stim free and stackable. Let's see how this fairs!

Serving Size: 1 scoop (6.6g)
Servings per container: 30

L-citrulline 3000mg
Glycer pump (65% glycerol powder) 2000mg
Agmatine sulfate 1000mg
Coconut water extract 500mg
L-norvaline

Serving Size: 1 scoop (6.6g)
Servings per container: 30

L-citrulline 3000mg
Glycer pump (65% glycerol powder) 2000mg
Agmatine sulfate 1000mg
Coconut water extract 500mg
L-norvaline

A nice array of vasodilators and the inclusion of coconut water is always a needed bonus. I am not too sure to complain about the 3g of citrulline or compliment them. But what I will say as AN ADD on the dosage is really good to stack to anything lower than 6g of citrulline malate so basically it's a good blend I am not complaining about but if you need a standalone then this isn't it.

Taste

Furious fruit punch
A very tarty fruit punch kinda vibe a bit artificial for my liking but nonetheless it wasn't bad as such. Mixed in with another pre can make it a sweet and weird but there is a nice option of unflavored as well which is something to consider if you don't like mixing in flavors etc. this is a bit bitter and gritty too but not so bad.

Mixability

Really good in this department, I basically could mix it with a spoon and glass of water and it would be fine. It does have a bit of grit at the end but generally it's all good!

1 scoop with a pre workout of my choice only with 10oz of water, worked fine for me.

I have decided not to put multiple categories due to the simple fact that this is quite simply a N.O booster. But I will delve into it as much as I think necessary.

The most apparent effect I felt was the overall pump that I got, let me just say that this isn't a standalone product at all. Coupled with a high stim pre workout this really will shine - I was stacking this with Olympus Reign and let's just say it was a good experience! I can go as far as saying the pumps and swoleness were great as supersets made me grunt for more - to see more.

I felt endurance also slightly picked up as I was able to hit a few more reps than without this N.O- better blood flow means the muscles are being fed abundantly so naturally endurance is an effect that's gonna be felt. Nothing out of this world but certainly improved to the point where it was noticeable but do not forget that the goal here - every pre workout should, at least have 6Gs of Citrulline... so this having 3g of it (although half the ideal dosage) aided those pres lacking the the same so more often than not this can be stacked with plenty of pre workouts which makes it pretty versatile in my books. Hydration was also somewhat apparent as well, albeit your intra workout is really important here as well but this pretty much held its own all in all and I was pleased.

I am a bit conflicted here as a product that can be overlook if you literally buy an effective and well dosed pre. But if your prepping and require that pump and improved blood flow it's really not cost effective at $36.99 a bottle ($1.23 a scoop) then when you need the full effect you gonna have to double that! So it's really a luxury add on to be honest. Just buy an effective pre instead...

Conclusion

As a simple add on N.O booster this certainly does the trick. If this is a standalone for a stim break your gonna have to slam in 2 scoops to get that critical dose of Citrulline. But for me this was good, it did the trick with some really good pumps and fullness when I added it to a pre lacking a few pump ingredients. But man the price... it costs more than a some kick ass preworkouts, which doesn't make sense. Sadly I would only ever consider it if it were on a bogo cause you know never know when you'd need one.

October 22, 2018

Pros:
 Cons:
  • Improved Recovery
  • Improved Hydration
  • Tastes Great
  • Vegan
  • Contain L-carnitine
  • Contains Coconut Water Powder

Hey Sr fam, I am definitely a changed man from the past - I no longer refrain from trying new and different things. I have recently been eating a lot of vegan and vegetarian options just for the sake of variety plus my wife is a vegan. But GAT flexx BCAAs is something that caught my eye. A sample was given and after my first sip I was hooked... and I was startled that is was 100% vegan!

Serving Size: 1 scoop (11.5g)

Servings per container: 60

Total carbohydrate 3g

Vitamin b6 3g

Vitamin b12 7mcg

Sodium 40mg

Potassiu...

Serving Size: 1 scoop (11.5g)

Servings per container: 60

Fermented L-isoleucine 1.75g

Fermented L-valine 1.75g

L-carnitine 500mg

Coconut water powder 500mg

Other ingredients: natural and artificial flavor, Citric acid, malic acid,sucralose, silicon dioxide, acesulfame-K and maltodextrin.

Now I will say I always knew standard bcaas are made with real human hair, duck feathers and dog hair. But natural BCAAs are made from corn. This is something I honestly cringe to think about - but it is true. Standard BCAAs are cheap because of these disgusting methods but natural BCAAs are pretty pricey (well this one is). But

I will say companies utilizing natural BCAAs earn my respect. Knowledge is key here - but hey if you don't use natural BCAAs cool if you do cool as well - for me natural is the way.

Now with regards to this formulation... I really like it. It contains 7g of BCAAs, some B vitamins (for energy), L-carnitine and and coconut water powder. It may be pretty underdosed in L-carnitine but - hey at 2 scoops it's a lil better at 1g, but it's still a welcomed addition regardless. I guess the main point of this product is being a BCAA - so the add ons are definitely a bonus. I didn't like that this contains acesulfame-K and maltodextrin but hey no product is perfect. The ratio is literally perfect as it's a 2:1:1 perfect ratio and synergy!

Taste

Before I got the tubs I had a sample and I must say I was blown away by the jelly bean flavor which tasted just like jelly beans but with a candied sour twist that I loved. Then I was like damn I gotta buy this- as my wife would also appreciate it.

Orange burst

8.5/10

A very interesting candy flavor here, very enjoyable too. It has a very fresh squeezed orange juice flavor coupled with a sour twist that is quite delicious I won't lie. I was expecting a sweet twist but this is something I enjoyed as it was a switch up to what I am usually used to - definitely for those who love sour candy.

Sour ball

Wow a really awesome flavor that I throughly enjoyed, it's exactly what I expected it to taste like and some more. I will say that drinking this instantly and sipping is recommended because the taste does switch up if you leave it for a while lol. But an insanely great drink for being plant based and again it's for the fans of sour candy - it's something I look forward to every soccer practice and I savor it!

I would like to find sweet candy alternatives in the future- it would be very interesting.

Mixability

This mixes well, but it does require an extra vigor shaking. It doesn't foam as much as I imagined, it does have a slight chalky texture but it add basically another element that didn't bother me too much. It requires constant shaking because it does settle at the bottom of the shaker if you do not constantly shake it up, if your down a serving instantly then this isn't an issue.

1 scoop with 6/8 oz of water. I'd recommend 2 scoops- as to get the most effectiveness. I'd utilize a scoop during my cardio sessions and soccer practice. I prefer to sip it through out.

Energy

I won't lie most BCAAs don't throw in extra B vitamins, and those that do never seem to boost my energy. But these give me that little bit extra of a boost coupled with some coffee lol. The energy really does help and make every session a better one! Nothing insane but a lil sometimes is a lot if you know what I mean

Hydration

Another aspect that greatly improved my overall performance was the hydration aspect. The electrolyte and coconut water blend worked great. Every sip I took I felt a bit more hydrated even though the session would make me sweat buckets I remained cool and good! Really awesome stuff

Recovery

BCAAs will contribute towards recovery and this was no like as Flexx BCAAs definitely helped make small subtle changes that were felt upon the next day. Training early in the am and then hitting a practice session nearly everyday of the week means really delayed recovery but flexx definitely made a difference.

I would say that this simply was better than I have ever intended because it certainly improved my overall performance by giving me a boost in hydration and energy too whilst improving my recovery and let's not forget it does taste amazing. I'd say the fat burning and muscle building effects are there as well in conjunction to many aspects but obviously diet is key - I would use this be it pre contest and offseason as it is just such a great product that's multi talented.

A container holds 60 scoops and the local cost here is around R900 ($60) I know it's a huge cost but there's not many options this side of the world when it comes to plant based BCAAs. I have seen it for $38 which is pretty awesomely priced I won't lie. I am just gonna rate this poorly because of the hideous pricing this side of the world but if your from the states this is really value for your money. Go ahead and treat yourself

Side Effects

Conclusion

8.5/10

Value differences aside - this is really a product I love and I have incorporated perfectly into my regime. Basically if something can work this good and taste great then o have plenty of hope for more plant based products which seem to be catching on to bigger brands - GAT has something amazing here and I do hope we see a lot more from them! This is appropriately named as it definitely does out flexx the BCAA competition!

October 20, 2018

Pros:
 Cons:
  • Great Profile
  • Micellar Casein
  • Satisfies Hunger
  • Improves Recovery
  • No Fillers
  • Amazing Texture
  • Naturally Sweetened
  • Only 1 Size
  • Only 1 Flavor

Hey SR peeps, as someone who loves a micellar casein protein Strength.com has really produced a product that I was only to eager to try. I was able to review this as part of a competition I won and man oh man... receiving this was really exciting because its rare to find a micellar casein product! So lemme tell you what my findings were!

Serving Size 1 Scoop (39.3g)
Serving Per Container 30

Sugars 1g
Protein 27g
Calcium 806 mg
Iron 0....

Serving Size 1 Scoop (39.3g)
Serving Per Container 30

Protein 27g
Calcium 806 mg
Iron 0.75 mg
Sodium 95 mg

Micellar Casein, Peanut Flour, Cocoa Bean Powder, Natural Flavors, Dextrose, Stevia (Stevia rebaudiana) Leaf Extract, Salt, Inulin, Guar Gum, Xanthan Gum. Contains: Milk, Soy, Peanuts.

A very very impressive profile and the core ingredient is my favorite - Micellar casein (none of that sodium caseinate inferior BS!). Micellar casein is the slowest digesting casein which digests up to 7 hours - this makes it ideal for extended fasting and before. What this ultimately means is that your body wont go into catabolic state due to there being a sustained and constant supply of amino acids - better recovery and suppressed appetite are the main effects here. basically turn a catabolic sleep into an anabolic one!

I really appreciate that this is free from fillers and naturally sweetened and will not play havok with your blood sugar levels. This also contain cocoa bean powder which is a nice touch. This profile is really great being low in carbohydrates and fat - so it really can aid you anytime of the day even post workout.

Taste

Peanut butter cup

WOW! by far one of the best ever tasting supplements I have ever used! This wasn't over sweet or bland but like a nice darker nutty chocolate flavor which was certainly a treat. I had this both alone and also added peanut butter before bed and obviously peanut butter improves anything it touches and made this an unbelievable treat cause to me it felt like a cheat cause it was that good! There is a lil hint of bitterness thats more apparent as a shake with a few oz of water. The texture to me is what really makes it pop - its like velvety and smooth, where drinking it felt guilty.

Unfortunately this is the only flavor that is available, so I mean what are they waiting for LOL.

Mixability

To my surprise this mixed really well, its not as thick as I expected but its super smooth, like honestly the best texture out there as it was thick yet slightly runny. But I didn't experience any issues in a shaker or powder being stuck to the top of the cap etc so really all and all this was great.

"Ideal for bedtime or periods of fasting. Mix one scoop (30g) with 6-8 oz. of water or your favorite beverage. Mix it with less liquid and add nut butter to make a pudding."

I personally was torn between using this before bed and when I start my fasting, But the protocol was different. Before bed with a few oz of water made into a pudding and thrown in the freezer or with 8oz of water first thing in the am when I start my fast.

Now to give any protein a 9 is pretty insane.. But considering I get to test the full effectiveness because I use it in the most appropriate times it was pretty easy to gauge. These are the most profound...

Recovery
Now with using this before bed was more or less ideal to gauge the effects of its recovery purposes. I found supplement with this I recovered quicker and was less sore the next day I woke. Now its nothing phenomenal but a slight improvement was certainly felt and definitely appreciated cause I do hur bad especially on larger body groups where I go all out. This is certainly something I would use before bed to improve overall recovery which will have you training harder the next day.

Appetite suppressant
This was definitely the most obvious effect here... fasting can be hard AF because hunger really hits hard. The main purpose of using this product was to defeat any sort of catabolism lurking around. This stuff kept me full and being full and satisfied is ofcourse key because when those hunger urges come they don't stop. I was able to to fast way longer than possible which was a blessing since my meal schedule is all over the place and I don't like a short fast so being able to do it longer than normal is key to the improved results I did get. This stuff is gold.

Lean muscle mass
Now its again hard to mention this without questions being thrown left, right and center but overall during my usage of this product I felt I looked better than I previously did because recovery was improved meaning I would hit the gym harder than usual which led to greater results to be honest. Again a small improvement but one that was more than welcomed.

Overall this is probably the best and most effective protein powder for me as it worked the way I intended it to, I used it at vital times and this stuff worked really well.

Price ($55)
30 servings - ($1.83 per scoop)
Dang this stuff is not cheap, no matter which way you look at it. I was fortunate enough to have won this but if I didn't win it I would not personally buy it considering its $55 for only 30 servings. I know this is micelllar casein but this is just a wallet buster I would pass, being it is in a pouch (which supposedly would make it cheaper) this was not the case. And you can basically only find it on their website because everywhere else this stuff is sold out or unavailable which is unfortunate - it is really a great product. Once the price comes down then I would definitely be keen.

Side Effects

0. none

Conclusion

A really fantastic product flexing on them other sodium caseinate proteins, but at this price its sadly losing to the competition. The texture and the taste are really fantastic and this is certainly one of my favorite products for the reason that it suits my lifestyle so well and it worked! It does need more flavors and larger sizes to really get on the map. But if money ain't an issue for ya then this is worth a try for sure! But nonetheless a great product that I would wish to purchase again.