E-2016

• Member has been active for 2 years, and was last online this week

Reviews by E-2016

February 11, 2018

Pros:
 Cons:
  • Pump
  • Increased Focus
  • No Crash
  • No Jitters
  • May Raise Blood Pressure

What's up SR! I just finished this new Pre-Workout Vapor X5 Ripped and I'm impressed to say the least. In the past to save money I've tried the cheaper end of PW typically finding them at my local Walmart for under $25. I have tried specifically Muscletech products in the past and have found great success with almost all of them. I picked up this Vapor X5 online for a good price and was excited to give it a try.

For the length of time I took this PW I used 2 scoops per day in one drink prior to my workout. Fortunately, the label breaks down the ingredients by one or two scoops. First on the list is 30mg of Niacin, I like to see this in my PW; in the right amount, it's been said to turbocharge the growth hormone response to anaerobic exercise. The rest of the ingredient profile they have broken down into Blends or Matrix formulas which I am not normally a fan of but they do break down the amounts of every ingredient as per the following: Nitric Oxide Blend, Amino Booster Matrix, Weight Loss Plus Matrix, Extreme Energy Matrix and the Neurosensory Blend.

The Nitric Oxide Blend contains 3g of L-Citrulline which is a nonessential amino acid that turns into nitric oxide in your kidneys and boosts your nitric oxide levels, i.e. the pump. I'm not sure why they didn't go with L-Arganine or even add it to this mix, seems like it would make sense. Next and last on the Nitric Blend is Hawthorn extract, which I had no idea what is was. I'm not sure why this is in the PW, now although it does benefit organs, heart, live etc. It lower cholesterol but I don't see the benefit in a PW form, any ideas?

Amino Booster Matrix contained 2.4g of Beta-alanine and 1g of Taurine. Beta-alanine for a little muscle endurance and Taurine to reduce cramping.

Weight Loss Plus Matrix contained 1g of L-Carnatine/L-Tartrate, 400mg of C. Canephora Robusta (Robusta Coffee) and 50mg of Rosemary. The L-Carnatine/L-Tartrate will help to reduce fatigue and promotes muscle endurance. C. Canephora Robusta (Robusta Coffee) contains Chlorogenic Acid which is a known fat burner. Rosemary is an anti-oxidant and anti-inflammatory, this is another ingredient that I don't see how it helps being in this PW.

Extreme Energy Matrix contained good old Caffeine and Yohimbe Extract. Caffeine is self-explanatory this PW has 300mg of it and is a perfect amount. 40mg of Yohimbe Extract is used as a fat burner.

Lastly is the Neurosensory Blend containing 200mg of Choline Bitartrate & 100mg of L-Theanine. Although I agree with having both in the PW I would have liked to see them in high amounts. The Choline Bitartate is used to promote positive muscle function but in a much higher dose and L-Theanine should be taken at 200mg per dose for moderate results.

When I opened the container, I gave it a quick sniff as I do with all them, the contents smelled like burnt popcorn, kind of weird. Thank god it didn't taste like that. The taste was almost exactly what I was expecting Strawberry Limeade. Two scoops with 12oz of water which is what all the ingredients are based on gave the PW a slightly tangy stale taste. That is the best way to describe it. It tasted great don't get me wrong but it was right on the edge of being perfect but it's PW so I'm more in it for the effectiveness than the taste.

The mixability was great; drop the scoops in warm or cold water shake for less than a minute and you have yourself a PW. I like the consistency of this PW, it didn't settle at the bottom which is kind of a pet peeve of mine.

The dosing on the label is as follows: One scoop in 6oz of water to assess tolerance and two scoops in 12oz of water for more energy in your workout.

It takes me 15 minutes to get to the gym from my house. I take it after a small meal before I leave. I was impressed by the consistency of this product about 5 min into my workout I could feel it kicking in I had this at about a 90% accuracy that this product would kick in. I could tell that I had a heightened level of focus while working out. There was a lot less day dreaming or zoning out of the workout, I mean hat down earbuds in and I was good to go.

I most definitely felt that pump so I think the L-Citrulline was working although I keep going back to why they wouldn't use L-Arganine rather than or in conjunction with the L-Citrulline, oh well you can always add the free form which I will be doing on my next round. The pump came within 30 min and lasted the entire workout consistently around that time with almost all the workouts depending out what I had going on in the gym.

I felt like I fatigued just a bit less than normal and I try to keep the same intensity going no matter what day. I felt the beta-alanine kick in within the first 30 min also.

The caffeine amount was perfect it kept me focused and on track even after the gym it kept me awake and going without a crash.

I was not impressed with the L-Theanine, I take this in free form at 200mg twice a day and I've been doing this for a long time, it gives me a very uplifting feel it is mood enhancing. I purposely stopped taking it to get the full effect of this PW and for this review. I could tell the difference going from 400mg to 100mg a day which is a far drop now this might not be the case for others just for myself and body type. Overall this product is very effective.

I agreed on the value side of this product I bought it online at $34.95. I judge the value of the product by not necessarily how much it costs but how it performs. I am more than willing to dish out more money if it's for something I can see helping me get to my goal.

Side Effects

It has been rare that I have experienced negative side effects from PWs so I went and looked a little deeper. I found that this PW kind of gave me two side effects. For this PW some side effects maybe Dizziness from the Hawthorn Extract, Headaches from the Hawthorn & Yohimbe Extracts, Nausea from the Hawthorn & Yohimbe Extracts, Paresthesia from the Beta-Alanine (I did get this but I like that pins and needles feeling), Nervousness from the Yohimbe Extract, Increased blood pressure from the Yohimbe Extract and Anxiety from the Yohimbe Extract. One of the days I was training I had taken this 4am; I had a doctor's appointment at the VA and when they took my blood pressure it was high, I am willing to bet it was from this PW which is fine with me because normally my Bp is exactly where it needs to be.

Conclusion

I think this is a solid product at a great value. I am impressed that this product had such a strong start that continued not only throughout my workout but from day one to day 15ish. I say that because my body has gotten used to other PWs and the last week or so I felt a lot less than the first 3 weeks on it. Maybe it was the double scoops, who knows. I will not only buy this again and try the other flavors but their other products in this new line they have out.

Overall
Overall
5.5
  February 3, 2018

• Full Disclosure
  • Clumpy

Update 02/08/2018:
Hey guys, I'd like to add a bit more information to this review under the Effectiveness category. For me this had almost zero effectiveness, the caffeine was the only ingredient on the pre-workout side that I felt in anyway. It woke me up being that I workout super early but didn't give me the drive I get form other pre workouts. I didn't get the pump or focus I am used to either. I apologize for not being more informative in this section.

Update 02/08/2018:
-----

I took this pre-workout about a year ago and just now getting around to the review. For some time brfore starting this PW I was a big fan of the BANG Energy drinks. At the time I worked a lot of hours all tiem of the day and week and they were a life saver. So when the PW came out it was obvious that I would try it.

The ingredient profile is as follows: 990 mg of Hydroxypropyl distarch phosphate which is a the prototypical chemically modified resistant starch that can increase liver, and possibly muscle, fatty acid oxidation, and lower the glucose, insulin and incretin responses to a meal. 10 mg of Highly branched cyclic dextrin which is a carbohydrate source that is produced through the breakdown of starch. 7,500 mg of BCAA broken down into 3,000 mg of L-Leucine, 3,000 mg of L-Isoleucine & 1,500 mg of L-Valine. 6,000 mg of L-Citrulline Malate, L-citrulline is non essential amino acid produced by your body that boosts nitric-oxide levels and has a role in the removal of ammonia, a compound known to cause exercise-related fatigue, from your blood. The Malate additive is the addition of malic acid which can have a significant improvement on your performance. Malate serves as an important component in the tricarboxylic (or TCA) cycle, which is one way your body produces energy. 5,000 mg of Creatine Monoydrate, Betanine Anhydrous which plays a role in the manufacture ofcarnitineand helps protect the kidneys. 350 mg of caffeine & 250 mg of super Creatine. I am a fan of the way the ingredients are broken down so that you know exactly how much of everything you are getting and your not stuck with the companies super blend that 8,000 mg of a bunch of stuff that winds up being a lot of the cheapest supplement.

The taste wasn't bad but let me try to put that into context for you. It is hard to put this stuff down at 3am. It is way to sweet for my taste. It doesn't mix at all, I had to use very warm water for the powder to mix it just floats to the top in pockets of dust. The consistence of the poweder of finer than powdered sugar. I think that is the reason it isn't mixing. One thing I didn't like about this product was when I first opened it it was stuck together in chunks that were super sticky, it was weird I have never saw this before in a pre-workout. It looked old. I gave the product another shot and ordered Power Punch and it was the exact same thing. I then did some research on reviews and many people have seen this. Screams terrible quality control. Anyway, the dosing is one scoop per 12 oz of water assessing your tolerance.

I could see this being more of a BCAA with energy mix instead of a pre-workout. For me it was too sweet to be pre-workout it woke me up a little bit but I'm not caffeine sensitive so maybe that is why.

When I bought this about a year ago I paid $24.95 I believe, I have seen them from $19.99 to $34.99, if it worked to my standard it would not be a bad price.

Side Effects

No Side Effects

Conclusion

In conclution after purchasing two different flavos I am not impressed I will not be buying these again.

January 26, 2018

Pros:
 Cons:
  • Thermogenic Fat Loss Effect

I have taken L-Carnitine for years with great success; a couple months back I decided to order some what I thought was L-Carnitine. I wanted to try some other website, see if I could get some better deals. The website I chose offered good buy one get one frees on a lot of their products so I chose the Carnitine Plus by Betancourt Nutrition. I guess I was distracted at work and was on my phone doing the order because I just saw Carnitine and ordered it (the price was great). Little did I know..

The serving size is one scoop (1.5g), in that ...

The serving size is one scoop (1.5g), in that 1.5 grams you have L-Carnitine Blend of 1,000mg this includes L-Carnitine, L-Tartrate, L-Carnitine Fumarate, Acetyl L-Carnitine HCl. I have taken these in different supplement forms so I am very aware of how they work. When I took this for the first time I only looked at the 1,000mg Carnitine blend. I decided to take 2 scoops in 20oz of water (my normal Vitamin Water Bottle).. The ingredient that I didn't read were in a Weight Management section. This section included 25 mg of Gamma-butyrobetaine ethyl ester HCl, 15 mg of Paradoxine Grains of Paradise, 5 mg of Bioperine, Black Pepper extract, Piperine and Piper nigrum. Other ingredients included are Glycine, Natural & Artificial Flavors, Citric Acid, Malic Acid, Sucralose, and Silicon Dioxide. I am familiar with the Carnitine blend profile but I can say that after finally reading the weight management profile I was at a loss, no clue about any of those. This is a habit I have broken over this last year of life changing events. I am all about reading and researching every ingredient before I make a purchase. I will from now on. So further research on my part showed that Gamma-butyrobetaine ethyl ester HCl (GBB) is an L-Carnitine igniter that aids in fat burning and muscle recovery. Paradoxine (Aframomum melegueta) or Alligator this reduces the production of adipose tissue which is where fat is stored in the body and Bioperine which is like a super black pepper.

Taste: Okay so you'll have to be your own judge on this but it tastes awful, I'm not surprised though; it is rare to find a supplement that tastes good. The taste has never been a deal breaker for me. I usually just mix it with those Crystal Light drink mixes or just slam it.

Mixability: At first it didn't seem to mix well but I happened to use room temp water so after some vigorous shaking it blended and didn't fall to the bottom. I typically will use room temp water because I have found that cold water and powder supplements don't mix Literally.

Dosing: Suggested use for this product is, and as it is written on the packaging "For aerobic performance support and weight management consume one scoop with a meal twice a day. Advanced users may consume 2 scoops per serving. Do not exceed 2 scoops in one day."

I took two scoops!

Okay so as I said I took two scoops thinking this poo was just Carnitine. I work as a Firearms Instructor and it was supposed to be my day off but I had a private lesson teaching Long Range Shooting, so I drank the "Carnitine" and drove to the range to do paperwork while I waited on the student. It's a 7 min drive from my house if I obey all the traffic laws. By the time I got to work I started to sweat, I sat at my computer and typed a Course Description my forehead was literally dripping I had to grab a rag to wipe it. Then the moob sweat was insane, oh what's moob sweat you ask man boob sweat. I felt like I was in a sauna I was dripping, my heart was racing and I felt very agitated. I drank about 4 bottles of water and after 30 min it subsided to just sweating. I was not expecting this from Carnitine. By the time I was out teaching I felt good nice cold breeze and I was sweating like a MF! Effectiveness 100% effective. Although this stuff worked fantastic I am no longer a fan of the thermogenic. So for me never again.

The value was great I think I got 2 for $24.95.

Side Effects

I think side effects are dependent on the person because I know someone else who loves this stuff with no side effects. Mine were extreme sweating and rapid heart rate.

Conclusion

In conclusion, read poo before you buy it don't be me.

Overall
Overall
4.5
  November 28, 2016

Pros:
 Cons:
  • Cheap
  • Vague Ingredient Profile

What's up SR! It's been a while since my last review. I had a beautiful baby girl earlier this month so that has kept me very busy. This Pre-Workout Explosion from Six Star is another Wal-Mart buy, a super cheap alternate to PWO. My last Six Star buy was their Amino Max and I was impressed so I wanted to give this one a chance.

Each serving contains 30mg of Niacin, 1500mg of Beta-Alanine, 1500mg of Creatine Monohydrate and 1000mg of L-Arganine Alpha-Ketoglutarate. There are two other sections of ingredients Pre-Workout Explosion Blend and Advanced Pump Complex. I'm not a fan of this type of ingredient profiles because you can't pin down what exactly you are taking for example the Pre-Workout Explosion Blend contained 535mg of Vitamin C, Caffeine, Choline bitartrate, Niacinamide and L-Tyrosine; for al we know his contains 531gm of Vitamin C and 1mg of the rest or whatever the cheapest of the bunch is. Now I knew this buying it because I wanted to give it a shot. I've never heard of Choline bitartrate before so for those who don't know this is a Nootropic used to boost mood and brain activity. The "Advanced Pump Complex" provides the same vague ingredient profile; 500mg of a combination of Taurine, L-Citrulline and L-Arginine.

The taste wasn't to bad, my flavor was Fruit Punch which tasted like a bland version of Fruit Punch but still not bad at all and when you double the serving you can't tell the difference from your normal Fruit Punch flavor.

Mixability was fine, one or two scoops usually settle straight at the bottom of a bottle or cup but normal shaking and stirring take care of that quick and it stays mixed in water.

The dosing is one scoop that contains 7g directed to be taken 30min prior to your workout and a double scoop if need be. I usually did two scoops.

Here is where I had another problem; this PWO defiantly started off strong. I took this alone with no other supplements. 15 - 30min in and I can feel either the Niacin or Bata-Alanine kick in (Tingling behind the ears and forehead). I felt a slight pump but nothing to write home about. I felt an increase of motivation to workout possibly that mood enhancer. I did not feel awake as I have with other PWO's as I workout super early in the mornings. I felt around about the same while taking this for about two weeks then bam, nothing no more tingling no pump feeling no awake feeling; nothing; I probably would have been better of with a cold glass of water. I was amazed I even tripled the dosing same thing nothing. I finished the container in the remaining week or so really out of habit with the effectiveness being unreliable, some days I would feel the effects others I would not. This is completely inconsistent with any other experience in taking PWO's. I guess I could have built up a tolerance to this but not likely. This is a cheap PWO as such is weaker than most. I believe it was just a cheap PWO, you get what you pay for.

The value was great, $14.99 at Wal-Mart and this is the new container that gives you 40% more which is 10 more servings.

Side Effects

The only side effect I experience was an occasional upset stomach which I haven't experienced with any other PWO. Has anyone had this happen?

Conclusion

As I said before you get what you pay for. I gave this product a shot because I loved their Amino Max but this one defiantly fell short. It is a very weak PWO, yes it's only 14.99 but save your money because on this it would be a waste.

October 6, 2016

Pros:
 Cons:
  • Tastes Great
  • Good Beginner Protein.
  • Variety Of Flavors
  • Not Enough Protein
  • A Bit Pricy

What's up SR, I'm back with another review. From the time I started taking supplements I have found it difficult to find a protein with a good taste, I have tried many different types and flavors that seemed to go from bad to worse. For me I was never able to stand the taste and it took a while to get used to. This protein specifically the Chocolate Peanut butter flavor was by far my favorite. When I first tried this I was impressed because I felt I could finally drink a protein shake with out it making me gag or having to add other ingredients to deaden or dominate the taste (banana).

Again another non specific ingredient profile, my pet peeve; there is a laundry list of vitamins and minerals in a percent format, there all common and not to add to the problem but I will save you all the details since were here for the specifics. This protein also contains a non specific amount of what they call a protein blend (Whey Protein Hydrolysate, Whey Protein Concentrate, Milk Protein Isolate, and Calcium Sodium Caseinate) it also contains L-Glutamine, Taurine and L-Carnatine. The label goes on to describe with picture a typical amino profile containing two sections listing essential and non essential amino acids, I don't see the point in this if it doesn't actually contain it; I feel like this is put there to grab the eye hoping you won't read the fine print. It sure got me the first time, I'm thinking wow this is a lot of amino acids for a protein mix. It also claims to have a rich supply of amino acids when I only see L-Glutamine and L-Carnatine, that's not rich.

The though behind this review for me was for the taste it is by far one of the best I have had although I think this might be the only selling point. I take 2 scoops in 32oz of water I look forward to drinking it.

It mixes easy and stays mixed in water with no clumps or residue left behind. I even add some ice and peanut butter if I know I might not get the chance to eat for a prolonged period.

1 scoop has 16g of protein and 2 scoops have 32g as listed on the label. I take 2 scoops in 32oz of water 2 times a day.

This is my first protein review so I am not sure how to gauge effectiveness. I can tell you that I eat very clean, this in turn almost always leaves me feeling hungry. After drinking this I feel full every single time, so as a meal replacement it is effective. The label on the other hand states "Promotes Muscle Grown and Repair". I have taken this for a while now with other supplements and alone so I can confidently say that the "Repair" ingredients are low I have felt sore days after workouts and this did nothing for that. I have also not seen a change in muscle growth that I would attribute to this.

The price isn't terrible the store I get it at has it for under $25 and that's where I have seen it other places listed for give or take a couple bucks I think the average is about $27. I think it's a little pricey for what it is or should be considered. As a meal replacement I would want to pay a little less.

Side Effects

Conclusion

This has been one of my shorter reviews but not for lack of trying. Plain and simple if you like the Chocolate Peanut Butter taste and could use a meal replacement then I recommend this. I would not recommend this as a go to protein for either gaining weight or building muscle.

Overall
Overall
3.0
2.0
  September 22, 2016

• Outragious Ingredient Claims

I found this in the back of my cabinet this morning when I was reaching for my Glutamine and yea so I figured I throw out a quick review. I took this sometime last year or the beginning of this year; I got it for $10 bucks on a discount shelf at my local vitamin shop some time ago. I saw ephedra so I thought ehhh why not.

The ingredient profile is interesting to say the least; at first glance I was like holy cow this has a lot of good stuff in it then the fine print, remember guys "The Devils in the Details"; my pet peeve! I absolutely hate when they don't elaborate on ingredients, but for $10 I was banking on finding a diamond in the rough.

Guys try not to laugh; I want to be serious about this, the following is a complete list of the ingredients that are contained in what this company calls it's All in One Energy Explode Blast.

The All in One Energy Explode Blast contains a full 19,500mg. Yea almost 20 grams that's a lot more than I am used to seeing. So in this All in One mix you get Waxy Maize (increases energy), Creatine Monohydrate, Creatine Ethyl Ester, Creatine Anhydrous , Creatine Taurinate, Creatine Gluconate, Creatine Phosphate (wow that's a lot of different type of Creatine), L-Arginine, L-Arginine Malate, Arginine Ethyl Ester (pump), L- Glutamine, Glutamine Peptide (recovery), L-Leucine, L-Isoleucine, L-Valine (BCAA's), Beta-Alanine (pins and needle feeling), Taurine (energy), L-Threonine (mood), L-Methionine (protein synthesis), Hoodia (appetite suppressant), White Willow Bark (treatment for lower back pain?lol?), Caffeine HCL, Vitamin C (don't know the point of this), Green Tea (energy/mood), Yohimbine HCL (energy/mood), GABA (I don't understand why I see this in more and more supplements, I mean I use this to help me sleep), Mucuna Pruriens Extract (allies in maintaining sexual desire and ability - awkward); I don't think my wife would like me taking that last one then go to the gym lol, lastly Synephrine HCl (fat burner).

Quite the ingredient profile, here is the problem the "blends" that these companies do are suspicious in that it seems they are trying to hide the real ingredients or the amount of every ingredient in that case. This could be all Creatine or all BCAA's for all you know, could be all Glutamine; I mean it would be easy to pick the cheapest supplement out of the list and spike it with that then add minimal amounts of the rest if this even contains any of the others. I think they over played their hand on this one.

It actually tasted like lemonade so the taste I would give an 8/10.

It mixed well and stayed mixed and didn't settle at the bottom.

The dosing directions are to take one heaping scoop (and the scoop is big and mix with 12-16 ounces of water, 30 minutes prior to physical activity. This thing had a 20g protein container sized scoop in it, I swear.

The only thing that was effective in this was a light boost in energy; I think that was the caffeine. I say this because it felt like the first cup and a half of coffee nothing more nothing less. I didn't feel that it helped with anything any of the ingredients are known to help with for example Glutamine I was sore days after until I supplemented more Glutamine; other than the slight boost zero effectiveness.

I would ask you guys not to laugh again; I got this for 10 bucks, the original price is over $45 bucks and now you can find it online for a penny literally there is a site selling it for a penny.

Side Effects

Conclusion

I had learned my lesson after that purchase; I don't think there will ever be a diamond in the rough when it comes to PWO but trial and error right? I finished the last 40% of the container adding it to other PWO because like I said the taste wasn't bad at all. I would recommend staying away from this product if you see it in stores no matter the price it's a waste of money.

September 20, 2016

Cons:
  • Shows All Nutritional Information!
  • Good Focus And Drive
  • Good Pump
  • Not Enough Beta Alanine

I've been taking this pre-workout on and off for years now and it has remained in my top 5 for pre-workouts that I feel hit all the categories that work for me, (Energy, Pump, Mood etc.). I can say that I am impressed and have never been disappointed.

The ingredients are split into four sections 5,425mg of ATP Enhancer / Myofibril Acidification Buffer, 1,835mg of Endothelial Expansion / Hemodynamic Volumizer, 368mg of CNS Stimulation / FFA Release / Beta Agonist and 15mg of Polymethoxylated FFA Reliease Extension/Hyperlytic Acceleration. I am always hesitant about ingredient profiles that split their ingredients into self-made and named "formulas" with a gram or milligram count but no breakdown not allowing you to know how much of each ingredient you're getting. Allmax doesn't do that here which to me is a plus, they have a clear breakdown with no "proprietary blends".

The ATP Enhancer Myofibril Acidification Buffer section contains 4g of Creatine Monohydrate, 1g of Creatine HCl and 425mg of Beta-Alanine. All three of these ingredients are very common and found in most pre-workouts so I'll save you the further explanation.

The Endothelial Expansion Hemodynamic Volumizer section contains 515mg of Arginine HCl and 445mg of Nitrosigine, 85mg of Arginine Pyroglutamate, 365mg of Agmatine and 40mg of Arginine Ethyl-Ester all working together to increase blood flow which gives you that pump feeling. It also contains 385mg of HydroMax which is their "Glycerol Powder"; this will increase the fluid in the blood and tissues.

The CNS Stimulation FFA Release Beta Agonist section contains 296mg of caffeine from two sources, 45mg of Higenamine (Stimulant), 22mg of Hordenine (Adrenaline like stimulant) and 4.5 mg of Yohimbine (stimulant/fat burner).

Lastly the Polymethoxylated FFA Reliease Extension/Hyperlytic Acceleration section contains 10mg of Yerba Mate Green Tea (for smooth increased energy), and 10mg of Naringin which unlike my previous review doesn't overwhelm with the taste of Grapefruit.

All in all I feel this ingredient profile was put together very well.

The taste is not bad at all, I enjoy it. As expected I have tried several flavors and by far Extreme Berry is my favorite. It has a fruity taste, no after taste.

This mixes well with water and stays mixed.

One scoop of this is 9.5 grams and directs you to take mix it with 4 to 6oz of water; again I do two scoops with 32oz of water. This amount gives me the best taste.

I feel this PWO is as effective as PWO should be, I am not overly surprised but also not disappointed. It's in my top 5 because I like what it has for ingredients and how I feel when I take this. The taste is a plus also. I get the slight pins and needle feeling from the Beta-Alanine is not overwhelming but I can feel it, it delivers a good full pump in my weight workouts. I am not caffeine sensitive so the double scoop gives me what I need to keep me going. I can feel a positive and focused mood as I drink this throughout my workout. Most importantly it doesn't affect my cardio as most Fat-Burners or Thermogenics will.

The price isn't bad they usually go for about $25 for 30 servings they also come in bigger and smaller sizes but I stick to the 30.

Side Effects

Conclusion

I've read both good and bad reviews on Blast Powder; this review is for Extreme Berry because I don't remember how the other flavors taste, just that this was the one I liked the best. I have liked this PWO for a while and I will continue to buy this on and off and try other flavors. I think it is worth giving it a try due to the not bad price and worst case good taste.

September 15, 2016

Pros:
 Cons:
  • Possible Increase In HDL Cholesterol
  • Possible Decrease In Fasting Triglycerides
  • Powerful Antioxidant
  • Good Pump
  • Flush

What's up SR, I'm back with another review and some helpful information on a supplement I have been taking since 2012. Niacin has benefited me in many ways and I am confident it has helped me maintain an almost flawless health record including but not limited to Cholesterol management. I think this supplement goes for the most part unnoticed because I don't hear a lot of people in the community taking about it; I'd like to inform the uninformed of its benefits.

This is another supplement that that is simple in its ingredients. Each capsule contains Niacin in its free form.

Again as it is simple in its ingredient profile and that is in capsule form there is no taste nor a need to mix although in my case I break open the caps and put it directly into my pre-workout drink in which it mixes well and doesn't settle at the bottom.

Due to these reactions and safety concerns, the Arizona Institute of Medicine established 35 milligrams per day as the upper tolerable intake level for adults. My first time taking a Niacin supplement I took 500mg (I will explain the effect in the next sections). I will agree that 35mg could be a good starting point for those who have never supplemented this but as the higher end I think that amount is greatly under dosed. I could not find the reference but I have read a conflicting article stating that 50mg is an acceptable starting point for a person new to this supplement.

Niacin is also known as Vitamin B3, some benefits of Niacin are an increase in HDL cholesterol, decrease in fasting triglycerides, it's a powerful antioxidant and it causes an acute elevation in growth hormone secretion independent of exercise.

Stokes, K.A., Tyler, C., & Gilbert, K.L. (2008) conducted a study suggesting that niacin "turbocharges" the growth hormone response to anaerobic exercise. According to this study, this effect may be "turbocharged" up to a 600 percent rise with niacin within 300 min (5Hr) of taking it, and possibly 1,500 percent soon after 300 min passed since taking niacin and secretion at the time you are exercising may help boost some of the benefits of exercise. This study also showed that excess growth hormone secretion may reduce muscle catabolism and increase muscle anabolism, at the same time, leading to an increase in muscle gain.

Onset of flush is about 20 minutes for me at 250mg dose, I have noticed a good pump to the supplement as well.

This is another ridiculously cheap supplement; the highest I have found this for was $16 for 100 capsules 500mg ea.

Side Effects

Personally I add this to my pre-workout but I break the cap open and half dose it giving me 250mg per 32oz of water and whatever other mix is in there. My first experience with this was to be as a pre-workout. To put it nicely I didn't do enough research before taking this. At the time I purchased 1 bottle (100caps) 500mg per cap. The first time I took this as a supplement I dropped the 500mg cap. Twenty minutes later I thought I was going to have to drive myself to the hospital. You have to understand I am massively allergic to Poison Ivy; in fact the last time I got it I had it for over 3 months. I say that because that is exactly what the flush looked like. I had blotchy red skin everywhere, so bad it was raised up. It burned like sunburn and looked like Poison Ivy, it also tingled like Beat-Alanine x10. My reaction was like many others taking this for the first time. I quickly researched it again nd read the recommended dose for people taking this for the first time, it said to start at 50mg and expect a slight flush, I said FK! It also said it will go away in less than an hour with water. So I drank and drank and it went away.

I felt I needed to share that lol. The flush is not at all dangerous although the symptoms may be startling. Niacin causes a release of histamine, a substance that causes dilation and cell permeability. When cells dilate, the increased blood flow can cause the redness, burning and itching that many find uncomfortable.

For this to be a problem you would have to a toxic amount of beef liver (15 lbs) to get even close to 1 g of niacin. Beef liver is one of the richest natural sources of niacin.

Other side effects are a dangerous rise in glucose levels in diabetics, indigestion and nausea.

Conclusion

After the initial shock of flush I got used to the feeling and continued to supplement this. I take about 250mg per day prior to a workout. I still get a slight flush but the feeling is normally drowned out by the Beta-Alanine in my pre-workout. It's my recommendation to start supplementing this if you are not and are healthy enough to do so. As always do your own research and maybe as your doctor if you have other medical issues.

September 14, 2016

Pros:
 Cons:
  • Great Value
  • Improved Ingredients
  • Great Ingredient Profile
  • Needs More Glutamine

In my last review I mentioned this Amino Max to be my next, well here it is. As I said in my last review I picked this up with Muscle Tech's Neurocore Pre-Workout and took them together, getting them both for $16.99 at a local K-Mart while walking passed the isle (the price was too good). Both pictures displayed below I would assume are that of the new formula and container, I was unable to start a separate page as I wasn't able to do the same for the old labeled Neurocore.

I have read some negative reviews on the old labeled Amino Max an...

I have read some negative reviews on the old labeled Amino Max and I can completely understand. First thing when I look at the ingredients label on the back I see a perfect example of my Supplement Pet Peeve "BLEND". I am almost always inclined to immediately put the product back on the shelf if it has any of that type of wordings on it. I need to know how much of everything I am taking, this is my personal preference. The old label states that it contains 8,700mg of a Free-Form BCAA Complex, 6,700mg split between L-Leucine, L-Isoleucine and L-Valine and a Glutamine Complex, 2,000mg split between L-Glutamine and Taurine. This labeling is very broad and I am glad they put more detail in their new labeling. By the way, the old label looks like crap, the new one is an exact copy of the old Neurocore label; I actually thought the Amino Max was a Muscle Tech product took me a while to figure that out lol.

The new label (the product I bought) pictured below, contains a much more straight forward look into the ingredients. L-Leucine at 2g, L-Isoleucine at 1g, L-valine at 1g, L-Glutamine at 1g, Taurine at 1g and 100mg of Coconut Water which is an interesting change. I like that this contains a good amount of L-Glutamine but not enough, A+ for effort though. All these ingredients are very common so I'll save the extra info, it's a normal BCAA mix with Taurine and Glutamine for energy and recovery.

The taste wasn't half bad actually it tasted like Fruit Punch as it states with a tart kick to it that I immediately liked. I took two scoops in a 32oz bottle of water; this amount tasted the best for me. I like that I don't have to add a drink mix packet to this product. This fact separates it from the zero taste free form version I am used to taking.

This product mixed very well and stayed mixed. I drink this throughout my morning and have not seen the mix settle or separate at any time.

It says one scoop (8g) per serving, I would assume with the normal 8 to 12oz of water. As I said before I use two scoops in 32oz of water; this is what works best for me. Find out what works best for you.

I was at the tail end of my L-Glutamine powder so I had the opportunity to test out the recovery abilities and see how they matched up. I would be taking half the amount of Glutamine I was taking prior but I still felt the recovery remained the same. I also believe that the Taurine along with the other ingredients acted as a good transition drink for the day and it helped me remain crash free after drinking the Neurocore at 3:20AM. So might be good to try them together.

Again I got mine from K-Mart on sale for $16.99 but the average price is $20 which is well worth it. The taste is great and the ingredients are at a good level; enough so that I will recommend this product to others and I know that I will be buying this again until I see something better.

Side Effects

There are no side effects.

Conclusion

I feel strongly that Six Star really redeemed themselves with this product from what others have wrote and matching that to my own experience. For now as it stands this has replaced my plane free form amino powder that I was taking prior for so long. It is cheaper and it contains Glutamine which will be additional for me as I will continue to buy the separate powder and Taurine because I feel it helps with my transition and keeping me up during the day. I recommend this to those who have not tried it and to those that have tried the old version I recommend you give this another shot. It is few and far between when a supplement company does a fix like this, good job Six Star.

September 9, 2016

Pros:
 Cons:
  • Cheap
  • Great Ingredient Profile
  • No Crash
  • Focus
  • Long-lasting Effects
  • Quick Energy
  • No Pump
  • Needs More Caffiene

What's up SR, here with my next review, I recently finished Muscle Techs Neurocore Pre-Workout and Six Stars Intra-Workout Amino Max; as I took them together Six Star will be the subject of my next review. I've passed Muscle Techs products many times but for no real reason ever tried them. While walking through a K-Mart I saw them both for $16.99 on sale so I couldn't refuse the buy (was it destiny?).

I saw a lot of ingredients that I liked and only a few that I didn't. Some very common ingredients contained in this product are Beta-alanine, Caffeine and Creatine HCI. Beta-alanine is at 1.6g which is a very good amount and I have to say I love that pins and needles feeling, Caffeine at 160mg and Creatine at 1.5g.

The next two ingredients are not as common as the previous three but I am happily seeing them in more and more supplements are L-Citrulline and L-Theanine. L-Citrulline (1.5g) is an amino acid that is a precursor to L-Arginine and a transporter of different nutrients in the body (Check out my review on L-Arginine if you have any questions on that). L-Theanine (75mg) is another amino acid which I actually use in a Mood/Memory Stack that I will have to do a forum post on in the near future. This helps transmit nerve impulses to the brain increases positive mood and has a world of other health benefits.

The next ingredient is Rhodiola Extract Rosea Root which I don't remember ever seeing before and had to look up. I hate not knowing what I am taking so I have to research all the ingredients, it seems tedious to some but it's fun for me because it's interesting and you guys get to benefit and not have to do any of the leg work. This ingredient interested me and I am surprised that it alluded me for so long, Rhodiola Extract Rosea Root has wealth of health benefits that I could go on about but for the sake of this review being about a pre workout it benefits are to elevate the capacity for exercise, aid in weight reduction, increase sexual function and improve energy levels. It also has long been known to shorten recovery time after prolonged workouts, to increase attention span, memory, strength, and anti-toxic action, a definite A+ on this ingredient. I might even buy it separately, thanks Muscle Tech.

The last major ingredient is Yohimbie Extract which I am familiar with seeing in a lot of products and supplements but had completely forgotten its purpose (so I looked it up). From what I have read Yohimbie is used for weight loss and to reduce cellulite but for all the studies that say this is true I found an equal number that have a direct contradiction or have come up inconclusive. So if it works for you great if not I'm not surprised and outside of taking it with nothing else I'm not sure how you would tell.

And now for the infamous "Other Ingredients" section; this section is always the section I hate, where they put all the bad, filler and extra ingredients. It is what it is guys I have yet to see a pre-workout or just about any product that doesn't contain at least one of these.

I'm always weary about buying new pre-workouts; I hate wasting my money on something that I'm going to hate or use once and throw away. I cannot say this about Muscle Techs Neurocore PWO. This stuff tasted great, I was impressed. It tasted exactly how it was labeled like Icey blue raspberry with zero after taste. The perfect taste mixing for me is two scoops in 32oz of water.

This mixed well; giving it about 5 minutes to dissolve and a few shakes in a clear bottle showed zero solids just clear blue. It did produce a frothy top but after the first two gulps that was gone. As I drink this throughout my workout it sits for sometimes long periods of time, what I didn't see that was a plus was the mix sinking to the bottom. This mixed well and stayed mixed.

Each serving size is 1 scoop containing 6 full grams. The ingredient label is split into two sections displaying a double dose, 2 scoops of 12 full grams. This is per the directions to be used in either 8 or 12oz of water, as I said before I use 32oz with two scoops for the taste that works for me.

I get up at 3am and my workouts start soon after so besides a quick bite to eat I need something to WAKE ME UP! Again as I said before I take two scoops in 32oz of water this for me is the best tasting plus I like to drink it through my workout as opposed to downing it right before. In that mix on average about 15 minutes into two to three gulps I can feel the pins and needles behind my ears and neck. 20-25 minutes I can feel it throughout my entire body. Midway through my workout I feel upbeat, positive and energetic.

For me 300mg of caffeine is a starting point, I am by no means sensitive to it and need a lot more to feel an effect. I fixed this by supplementing an additional No Doze which has 200mg a pill; with this combination I was on the road to success. I take this at about 3:20AM and I felt its effects up to about 10:00AM. At this point I level off and experience no crash.

I feel that this combination of ingredients make me feel like I want to keep going, this helps in the transition from weights to cardio or vice versa.

As I said in the introduction I found this and the amino product in a K-Mart that had them on sale for $16.99. Although this is not the regular or average price the normal price is not much more. The average price is $20 and can be found just about anywhere which is always a plus.

Side Effects

Each individual ingredient has its toxic levels if you take them in too large of an amount but for you to do that with this product you will get sick from the actual mix before you do any damage relating to any particular ingredient. This product does cause that pins and needles feeling, I like it but I know some like my wife who hate it (more for me). So for those that don't like that pins and needles feeling than this is not for you. There are many PWO's without Beta-alanine; you might also stay away from Niacin which causes a flush that has a similar feeling. Other than those I see no side effects.

Conclusion

This was actually my first time taking a Muscle Tech product and as weird as that might sound I've been taking supplements for a long time. I wish I would have tried this sooner, I highly recommend this product because it meets or exceeds my standards in almost all categories. Check this one out it opened the door for me to buy more Muscle Tech products. That's about it SR, thanks for having me!

P.S. The Neurocore I took was I am guessing the old label seen in the pics that I attached, it wouldn't let me start a new product.