E-2016

• Member has been active for 1 year, and was last online 3 weeks ago

Reviews by E-2016

Overall
Overall
4.5
  November 28, 2016

Pros:
 Cons:
  • Cheap
  • Vague Ingredient Profile

What's up SR! It's been a while since my last review. I had a beautiful baby girl earlier this month so that has kept me very busy. This Pre-Workout Explosion from Six Star is another Wal-Mart buy, a super cheap alternate to PWO. My last Six Star buy was their Amino Max and I was impressed so I wanted to give this one a chance.

Each serving contains 30mg of Niacin, 1500mg of Beta-Alanine, 1500mg of Creatine Monohydrate and 1000mg of L-Arganine Alpha-Ketoglutarate. There are two other sections of ingredients Pre-Workout Explosion Blend and Advanced Pump Complex. I'm not a fan of this type of ingredient profiles because you can't pin down what exactly you are taking for example the Pre-Workout Explosion Blend contained 535mg of Vitamin C, Caffeine, Choline bitartrate, Niacinamide and L-Tyrosine; for al we know his contains 531gm of Vitamin C and 1mg of the rest or whatever the cheapest of the bunch is. Now I knew this buying it because I wanted to give it a shot. I've never heard of Choline bitartrate before so for those who don't know this is a Nootropic used to boost mood and brain activity. The "Advanced Pump Complex" provides the same vague ingredient profile; 500mg of a combination of Taurine, L-Citrulline and L-Arginine.

The taste wasn't to bad, my flavor was Fruit Punch which tasted like a bland version of Fruit Punch but still not bad at all and when you double the serving you can't tell the difference from your normal Fruit Punch flavor.

Mixability was fine, one or two scoops usually settle straight at the bottom of a bottle or cup but normal shaking and stirring take care of that quick and it stays mixed in water.

The dosing is one scoop that contains 7g directed to be taken 30min prior to your workout and a double scoop if need be. I usually did two scoops.

Here is where I had another problem; this PWO defiantly started off strong. I took this alone with no other supplements. 15 - 30min in and I can feel either the Niacin or Bata-Alanine kick in (Tingling behind the ears and forehead). I felt a slight pump but nothing to write home about. I felt an increase of motivation to workout possibly that mood enhancer. I did not feel awake as I have with other PWO's as I workout super early in the mornings. I felt around about the same while taking this for about two weeks then bam, nothing no more tingling no pump feeling no awake feeling; nothing; I probably would have been better of with a cold glass of water. I was amazed I even tripled the dosing same thing nothing. I finished the container in the remaining week or so really out of habit with the effectiveness being unreliable, some days I would feel the effects others I would not. This is completely inconsistent with any other experience in taking PWO's. I guess I could have built up a tolerance to this but not likely. This is a cheap PWO as such is weaker than most. I believe it was just a cheap PWO, you get what you pay for.

The value was great, $14.99 at Wal-Mart and this is the new container that gives you 40% more which is 10 more servings.

Side Effects

The only side effect I experience was an occasional upset stomach which I haven't experienced with any other PWO. Has anyone had this happen?

Conclusion

As I said before you get what you pay for. I gave this product a shot because I loved their Amino Max but this one defiantly fell short. It is a very weak PWO, yes it's only 14.99 but save your money because on this it would be a waste.

October 6, 2016

Pros:
 Cons:
  • Tastes Great
  • Good Beginner Protein.
  • Variety Of Flavors
  • Not Enough Protein
  • A Bit Pricy

What's up SR, I'm back with another review. From the time I started taking supplements I have found it difficult to find a protein with a good taste, I have tried many different types and flavors that seemed to go from bad to worse. For me I was never able to stand the taste and it took a while to get used to. This protein specifically the Chocolate Peanut butter flavor was by far my favorite. When I first tried this I was impressed because I felt I could finally drink a protein shake with out it making me gag or having to add other ingredients to deaden or dominate the taste (banana).

Again another non specific ingredient profile, my pet peeve; there is a laundry list of vitamins and minerals in a percent format, there all common and not to add to the problem but I will save you all the details since were here for the specifics. This protein also contains a non specific amount of what they call a protein blend (Whey Protein Hydrolysate, Whey Protein Concentrate, Milk Protein Isolate, and Calcium Sodium Caseinate) it also contains L-Glutamine, Taurine and L-Carnatine. The label goes on to describe with picture a typical amino profile containing two sections listing essential and non essential amino acids, I don't see the point in this if it doesn't actually contain it; I feel like this is put there to grab the eye hoping you won't read the fine print. It sure got me the first time, I'm thinking wow this is a lot of amino acids for a protein mix. It also claims to have a rich supply of amino acids when I only see L-Glutamine and L-Carnatine, that's not rich.

The though behind this review for me was for the taste it is by far one of the best I have had although I think this might be the only selling point. I take 2 scoops in 32oz of water I look forward to drinking it.

It mixes easy and stays mixed in water with no clumps or residue left behind. I even add some ice and peanut butter if I know I might not get the chance to eat for a prolonged period.

1 scoop has 16g of protein and 2 scoops have 32g as listed on the label. I take 2 scoops in 32oz of water 2 times a day.

This is my first protein review so I am not sure how to gauge effectiveness. I can tell you that I eat very clean, this in turn almost always leaves me feeling hungry. After drinking this I feel full every single time, so as a meal replacement it is effective. The label on the other hand states "Promotes Muscle Grown and Repair". I have taken this for a while now with other supplements and alone so I can confidently say that the "Repair" ingredients are low I have felt sore days after workouts and this did nothing for that. I have also not seen a change in muscle growth that I would attribute to this.

The price isn't terrible the store I get it at has it for under $25 and that's where I have seen it other places listed for give or take a couple bucks I think the average is about $27. I think it's a little pricey for what it is or should be considered. As a meal replacement I would want to pay a little less.

Side Effects

Conclusion

This has been one of my shorter reviews but not for lack of trying. Plain and simple if you like the Chocolate Peanut Butter taste and could use a meal replacement then I recommend this. I would not recommend this as a go to protein for either gaining weight or building muscle.

Overall
Overall
3.0
2.0
  September 22, 2016

• Outragious Ingredient Claims

I found this in the back of my cabinet this morning when I was reaching for my Glutamine and yea so I figured I throw out a quick review. I took this sometime last year or the beginning of this year; I got it for $10 bucks on a discount shelf at my local vitamin shop some time ago. I saw ephedra so I thought ehhh why not.

The ingredient profile is interesting to say the least; at first glance I was like holy cow this has a lot of good stuff in it then the fine print, remember guys "The Devils in the Details"; my pet peeve! I absolutely hate when they don't elaborate on ingredients, but for $10 I was banking on finding a diamond in the rough.

Guys try not to laugh; I want to be serious about this, the following is a complete list of the ingredients that are contained in what this company calls it's All in One Energy Explode Blast.

The All in One Energy Explode Blast contains a full 19,500mg. Yea almost 20 grams that's a lot more than I am used to seeing. So in this All in One mix you get Waxy Maize (increases energy), Creatine Monohydrate, Creatine Ethyl Ester, Creatine Anhydrous , Creatine Taurinate, Creatine Gluconate, Creatine Phosphate (wow that's a lot of different type of Creatine), L-Arginine, L-Arginine Malate, Arginine Ethyl Ester (pump), L- Glutamine, Glutamine Peptide (recovery), L-Leucine, L-Isoleucine, L-Valine (BCAA's), Beta-Alanine (pins and needle feeling), Taurine (energy), L-Threonine (mood), L-Methionine (protein synthesis), Hoodia (appetite suppressant), White Willow Bark (treatment for lower back pain?lol?), Caffeine HCL, Vitamin C (don't know the point of this), Green Tea (energy/mood), Yohimbine HCL (energy/mood), GABA (I don't understand why I see this in more and more supplements, I mean I use this to help me sleep), Mucuna Pruriens Extract (allies in maintaining sexual desire and ability - awkward); I don't think my wife would like me taking that last one then go to the gym lol, lastly Synephrine HCl (fat burner).

Quite the ingredient profile, here is the problem the "blends" that these companies do are suspicious in that it seems they are trying to hide the real ingredients or the amount of every ingredient in that case. This could be all Creatine or all BCAA's for all you know, could be all Glutamine; I mean it would be easy to pick the cheapest supplement out of the list and spike it with that then add minimal amounts of the rest if this even contains any of the others. I think they over played their hand on this one.

It actually tasted like lemonade so the taste I would give an 8/10.

It mixed well and stayed mixed and didn't settle at the bottom.

The dosing directions are to take one heaping scoop (and the scoop is big and mix with 12-16 ounces of water, 30 minutes prior to physical activity. This thing had a 20g protein container sized scoop in it, I swear.

The only thing that was effective in this was a light boost in energy; I think that was the caffeine. I say this because it felt like the first cup and a half of coffee nothing more nothing less. I didn't feel that it helped with anything any of the ingredients are known to help with for example Glutamine I was sore days after until I supplemented more Glutamine; other than the slight boost zero effectiveness.

I would ask you guys not to laugh again; I got this for 10 bucks, the original price is over $45 bucks and now you can find it online for a penny literally there is a site selling it for a penny.

Side Effects

Conclusion

I had learned my lesson after that purchase; I don't think there will ever be a diamond in the rough when it comes to PWO but trial and error right? I finished the last 40% of the container adding it to other PWO because like I said the taste wasn't bad at all. I would recommend staying away from this product if you see it in stores no matter the price it's a waste of money.

September 20, 2016

Cons:
  • Shows All Nutritional Information!
  • Good Focus And Drive
  • Good Pump
  • Not Enough Beta Alanine

I've been taking this pre-workout on and off for years now and it has remained in my top 5 for pre-workouts that I feel hit all the categories that work for me, (Energy, Pump, Mood etc.). I can say that I am impressed and have never been disappointed.

The ingredients are split into four sections 5,425mg of ATP Enhancer / Myofibril Acidification Buffer, 1,835mg of Endothelial Expansion / Hemodynamic Volumizer, 368mg of CNS Stimulation / FFA Release / Beta Agonist and 15mg of Polymethoxylated FFA Reliease Extension/Hyperlytic Acceleration. I am always hesitant about ingredient profiles that split their ingredients into self-made and named "formulas" with a gram or milligram count but no breakdown not allowing you to know how much of each ingredient you're getting. Allmax doesn't do that here which to me is a plus, they have a clear breakdown with no "proprietary blends".

The ATP Enhancer Myofibril Acidification Buffer section contains 4g of Creatine Monohydrate, 1g of Creatine HCl and 425mg of Beta-Alanine. All three of these ingredients are very common and found in most pre-workouts so I'll save you the further explanation.

The Endothelial Expansion Hemodynamic Volumizer section contains 515mg of Arginine HCl and 445mg of Nitrosigine, 85mg of Arginine Pyroglutamate, 365mg of Agmatine and 40mg of Arginine Ethyl-Ester all working together to increase blood flow which gives you that pump feeling. It also contains 385mg of HydroMax which is their "Glycerol Powder"; this will increase the fluid in the blood and tissues.

The CNS Stimulation FFA Release Beta Agonist section contains 296mg of caffeine from two sources, 45mg of Higenamine (Stimulant), 22mg of Hordenine (Adrenaline like stimulant) and 4.5 mg of Yohimbine (stimulant/fat burner).

Lastly the Polymethoxylated FFA Reliease Extension/Hyperlytic Acceleration section contains 10mg of Yerba Mate Green Tea (for smooth increased energy), and 10mg of Naringin which unlike my previous review doesn't overwhelm with the taste of Grapefruit.

All in all I feel this ingredient profile was put together very well.

The taste is not bad at all, I enjoy it. As expected I have tried several flavors and by far Extreme Berry is my favorite. It has a fruity taste, no after taste.

This mixes well with water and stays mixed.

One scoop of this is 9.5 grams and directs you to take mix it with 4 to 6oz of water; again I do two scoops with 32oz of water. This amount gives me the best taste.

I feel this PWO is as effective as PWO should be, I am not overly surprised but also not disappointed. It's in my top 5 because I like what it has for ingredients and how I feel when I take this. The taste is a plus also. I get the slight pins and needle feeling from the Beta-Alanine is not overwhelming but I can feel it, it delivers a good full pump in my weight workouts. I am not caffeine sensitive so the double scoop gives me what I need to keep me going. I can feel a positive and focused mood as I drink this throughout my workout. Most importantly it doesn't affect my cardio as most Fat-Burners or Thermogenics will.

The price isn't bad they usually go for about $25 for 30 servings they also come in bigger and smaller sizes but I stick to the 30.

Side Effects

Conclusion

I've read both good and bad reviews on Blast Powder; this review is for Extreme Berry because I don't remember how the other flavors taste, just that this was the one I liked the best. I have liked this PWO for a while and I will continue to buy this on and off and try other flavors. I think it is worth giving it a try due to the not bad price and worst case good taste.

September 15, 2016

Pros:
 Cons:
  • Possible Increase In HDL Cholesterol
  • Possible Decrease In Fasting Triglycerides
  • Powerful Antioxidant
  • Good Pump
  • Flush

What's up SR, I'm back with another review and some helpful information on a supplement I have been taking since 2012. Niacin has benefited me in many ways and I am confident it has helped me maintain an almost flawless health record including but not limited to Cholesterol management. I think this supplement goes for the most part unnoticed because I don't hear a lot of people in the community taking about it; I'd like to inform the uninformed of its benefits.

This is another supplement that that is simple in its ingredients. Each capsule contains Niacin in its free form.

Again as it is simple in its ingredient profile and that is in capsule form there is no taste nor a need to mix although in my case I break open the caps and put it directly into my pre-workout drink in which it mixes well and doesn't settle at the bottom.

Due to these reactions and safety concerns, the Arizona Institute of Medicine established 35 milligrams per day as the upper tolerable intake level for adults. My first time taking a Niacin supplement I took 500mg (I will explain the effect in the next sections). I will agree that 35mg could be a good starting point for those who have never supplemented this but as the higher end I think that amount is greatly under dosed. I could not find the reference but I have read a conflicting article stating that 50mg is an acceptable starting point for a person new to this supplement.

Niacin is also known as Vitamin B3, some benefits of Niacin are an increase in HDL cholesterol, decrease in fasting triglycerides, it's a powerful antioxidant and it causes an acute elevation in growth hormone secretion independent of exercise.

Stokes, K.A., Tyler, C., & Gilbert, K.L. (2008) conducted a study suggesting that niacin "turbocharges" the growth hormone response to anaerobic exercise. According to this study, this effect may be "turbocharged" up to a 600 percent rise with niacin within 300 min (5Hr) of taking it, and possibly 1,500 percent soon after 300 min passed since taking niacin and secretion at the time you are exercising may help boost some of the benefits of exercise. This study also showed that excess growth hormone secretion may reduce muscle catabolism and increase muscle anabolism, at the same time, leading to an increase in muscle gain.

Onset of flush is about 20 minutes for me at 250mg dose, I have noticed a good pump to the supplement as well.

This is another ridiculously cheap supplement; the highest I have found this for was $16 for 100 capsules 500mg ea.

Side Effects

Personally I add this to my pre-workout but I break the cap open and half dose it giving me 250mg per 32oz of water and whatever other mix is in there. My first experience with this was to be as a pre-workout. To put it nicely I didn't do enough research before taking this. At the time I purchased 1 bottle (100caps) 500mg per cap. The first time I took this as a supplement I dropped the 500mg cap. Twenty minutes later I thought I was going to have to drive myself to the hospital. You have to understand I am massively allergic to Poison Ivy; in fact the last time I got it I had it for over 3 months. I say that because that is exactly what the flush looked like. I had blotchy red skin everywhere, so bad it was raised up. It burned like sunburn and looked like Poison Ivy, it also tingled like Beat-Alanine x10. My reaction was like many others taking this for the first time. I quickly researched it again nd read the recommended dose for people taking this for the first time, it said to start at 50mg and expect a slight flush, I said FK! It also said it will go away in less than an hour with water. So I drank and drank and it went away.

I felt I needed to share that lol. The flush is not at all dangerous although the symptoms may be startling. Niacin causes a release of histamine, a substance that causes dilation and cell permeability. When cells dilate, the increased blood flow can cause the redness, burning and itching that many find uncomfortable.

For this to be a problem you would have to a toxic amount of beef liver (15 lbs) to get even close to 1 g of niacin. Beef liver is one of the richest natural sources of niacin.

Other side effects are a dangerous rise in glucose levels in diabetics, indigestion and nausea.

Conclusion

After the initial shock of flush I got used to the feeling and continued to supplement this. I take about 250mg per day prior to a workout. I still get a slight flush but the feeling is normally drowned out by the Beta-Alanine in my pre-workout. It's my recommendation to start supplementing this if you are not and are healthy enough to do so. As always do your own research and maybe as your doctor if you have other medical issues.

September 14, 2016

Pros:
 Cons:
  • Great Value
  • Improved Ingredients
  • Great Ingredient Profile
  • Needs More Glutamine

In my last review I mentioned this Amino Max to be my next, well here it is. As I said in my last review I picked this up with Muscle Tech's Neurocore Pre-Workout and took them together, getting them both for $16.99 at a local K-Mart while walking passed the isle (the price was too good). Both pictures displayed below I would assume are that of the new formula and container, I was unable to start a separate page as I wasn't able to do the same for the old labeled Neurocore.

I have read some negative reviews on the old labeled Amino Max an...

I have read some negative reviews on the old labeled Amino Max and I can completely understand. First thing when I look at the ingredients label on the back I see a perfect example of my Supplement Pet Peeve "BLEND". I am almost always inclined to immediately put the product back on the shelf if it has any of that type of wordings on it. I need to know how much of everything I am taking, this is my personal preference. The old label states that it contains 8,700mg of a Free-Form BCAA Complex, 6,700mg split between L-Leucine, L-Isoleucine and L-Valine and a Glutamine Complex, 2,000mg split between L-Glutamine and Taurine. This labeling is very broad and I am glad they put more detail in their new labeling. By the way, the old label looks like crap, the new one is an exact copy of the old Neurocore label; I actually thought the Amino Max was a Muscle Tech product took me a while to figure that out lol.

The new label (the product I bought) pictured below, contains a much more straight forward look into the ingredients. L-Leucine at 2g, L-Isoleucine at 1g, L-valine at 1g, L-Glutamine at 1g, Taurine at 1g and 100mg of Coconut Water which is an interesting change. I like that this contains a good amount of L-Glutamine but not enough, A+ for effort though. All these ingredients are very common so I'll save the extra info, it's a normal BCAA mix with Taurine and Glutamine for energy and recovery.

The taste wasn't half bad actually it tasted like Fruit Punch as it states with a tart kick to it that I immediately liked. I took two scoops in a 32oz bottle of water; this amount tasted the best for me. I like that I don't have to add a drink mix packet to this product. This fact separates it from the zero taste free form version I am used to taking.

This product mixed very well and stayed mixed. I drink this throughout my morning and have not seen the mix settle or separate at any time.

It says one scoop (8g) per serving, I would assume with the normal 8 to 12oz of water. As I said before I use two scoops in 32oz of water; this is what works best for me. Find out what works best for you.

I was at the tail end of my L-Glutamine powder so I had the opportunity to test out the recovery abilities and see how they matched up. I would be taking half the amount of Glutamine I was taking prior but I still felt the recovery remained the same. I also believe that the Taurine along with the other ingredients acted as a good transition drink for the day and it helped me remain crash free after drinking the Neurocore at 3:20AM. So might be good to try them together.

Again I got mine from K-Mart on sale for $16.99 but the average price is $20 which is well worth it. The taste is great and the ingredients are at a good level; enough so that I will recommend this product to others and I know that I will be buying this again until I see something better.

Side Effects

There are no side effects.

Conclusion

I feel strongly that Six Star really redeemed themselves with this product from what others have wrote and matching that to my own experience. For now as it stands this has replaced my plane free form amino powder that I was taking prior for so long. It is cheaper and it contains Glutamine which will be additional for me as I will continue to buy the separate powder and Taurine because I feel it helps with my transition and keeping me up during the day. I recommend this to those who have not tried it and to those that have tried the old version I recommend you give this another shot. It is few and far between when a supplement company does a fix like this, good job Six Star.

September 9, 2016

• Great Ingredient Profile
  • No Crash
  • Long-lasting Effects
  • Quick Energy
  • Focus
  • No Pump
  • Needs More Caffiene

What's up SR, here with my next review, I recently finished Muscle Techs Neurocore Pre-Workout and Six Stars Intra-Workout Amino Max; as I took them together Six Star will be the subject of my next review. I've passed Muscle Techs products many times but for no real reason ever tried them. While walking through a K-Mart I saw them both for $16.99 on sale so I couldn't refuse the buy (was it destiny?).

I saw a lot of ingredients that I liked and only a few that I didn't. Some very common ingredients contained in this product are Beta-alanine, Caffeine and Creatine HCI. Beta-alanine is at 1.6g which is a very good amount and I have to say I love that pins and needles feeling, Caffeine at 160mg and Creatine at 1.5g.

The next two ingredients are not as common as the previous three but I am happily seeing them in more and more supplements are L-Citrulline and L-Theanine. L-Citrulline (1.5g) is an amino acid that is a precursor to L-Arginine and a transporter of different nutrients in the body (Check out my review on L-Arginine if you have any questions on that). L-Theanine (75mg) is another amino acid which I actually use in a Mood/Memory Stack that I will have to do a forum post on in the near future. This helps transmit nerve impulses to the brain increases positive mood and has a world of other health benefits.

The next ingredient is Rhodiola Extract Rosea Root which I don't remember ever seeing before and had to look up. I hate not knowing what I am taking so I have to research all the ingredients, it seems tedious to some but it's fun for me because it's interesting and you guys get to benefit and not have to do any of the leg work. This ingredient interested me and I am surprised that it alluded me for so long, Rhodiola Extract Rosea Root has wealth of health benefits that I could go on about but for the sake of this review being about a pre workout it benefits are to elevate the capacity for exercise, aid in weight reduction, increase sexual function and improve energy levels. It also has long been known to shorten recovery time after prolonged workouts, to increase attention span, memory, strength, and anti-toxic action, a definite A+ on this ingredient. I might even buy it separately, thanks Muscle Tech.

The last major ingredient is Yohimbie Extract which I am familiar with seeing in a lot of products and supplements but had completely forgotten its purpose (so I looked it up). From what I have read Yohimbie is used for weight loss and to reduce cellulite but for all the studies that say this is true I found an equal number that have a direct contradiction or have come up inconclusive. So if it works for you great if not I'm not surprised and outside of taking it with nothing else I'm not sure how you would tell.

And now for the infamous "Other Ingredients" section; this section is always the section I hate, where they put all the bad, filler and extra ingredients. It is what it is guys I have yet to see a pre-workout or just about any product that doesn't contain at least one of these.

I'm always weary about buying new pre-workouts; I hate wasting my money on something that I'm going to hate or use once and throw away. I cannot say this about Muscle Techs Neurocore PWO. This stuff tasted great, I was impressed. It tasted exactly how it was labeled like Icey blue raspberry with zero after taste. The perfect taste mixing for me is two scoops in 32oz of water.

This mixed well; giving it about 5 minutes to dissolve and a few shakes in a clear bottle showed zero solids just clear blue. It did produce a frothy top but after the first two gulps that was gone. As I drink this throughout my workout it sits for sometimes long periods of time, what I didn't see that was a plus was the mix sinking to the bottom. This mixed well and stayed mixed.

Each serving size is 1 scoop containing 6 full grams. The ingredient label is split into two sections displaying a double dose, 2 scoops of 12 full grams. This is per the directions to be used in either 8 or 12oz of water, as I said before I use 32oz with two scoops for the taste that works for me.

I get up at 3am and my workouts start soon after so besides a quick bite to eat I need something to WAKE ME UP! Again as I said before I take two scoops in 32oz of water this for me is the best tasting plus I like to drink it through my workout as opposed to downing it right before. In that mix on average about 15 minutes into two to three gulps I can feel the pins and needles behind my ears and neck. 20-25 minutes I can feel it throughout my entire body. Midway through my workout I feel upbeat, positive and energetic.

For me 300mg of caffeine is a starting point, I am by no means sensitive to it and need a lot more to feel an effect. I fixed this by supplementing an additional No Doze which has 200mg a pill; with this combination I was on the road to success. I take this at about 3:20AM and I felt its effects up to about 10:00AM. At this point I level off and experience no crash.

I feel that this combination of ingredients make me feel like I want to keep going, this helps in the transition from weights to cardio or vice versa.

As I said in the introduction I found this and the amino product in a K-Mart that had them on sale for $16.99. Although this is not the regular or average price the normal price is not much more. The average price is $20 and can be found just about anywhere which is always a plus.

Side Effects

Each individual ingredient has its toxic levels if you take them in too large of an amount but for you to do that with this product you will get sick from the actual mix before you do any damage relating to any particular ingredient. This product does cause that pins and needles feeling, I like it but I know some like my wife who hate it (more for me). So for those that don't like that pins and needles feeling than this is not for you. There are many PWO's without Beta-alanine; you might also stay away from Niacin which causes a flush that has a similar feeling. Other than those I see no side effects.

Conclusion

This was actually my first time taking a Muscle Tech product and as weird as that might sound I've been taking supplements for a long time. I wish I would have tried this sooner, I highly recommend this product because it meets or exceeds my standards in almost all categories. Check this one out it opened the door for me to buy more Muscle Tech products. That's about it SR, thanks for having me!

P.S. The Neurocore I took was I am guessing the old label seen in the pics that I attached, it wouldn't let me start a new product.

September 7, 2016

Pros:
 Cons:
  • Great Pump
  • Other Health Benifits
  • Inexpensive

What's up SR! When I saw the category for L-Arginine on this site I had to take a look; the two reviews although they are from 2011 did not shine the light on L-Arginine as I think it deserves. I've been taking this since 2011 and have had nothing but great things to say.

The two previous reviews posted about a powder form but if you look at the section of where to buy and the picture this on the site it is for capsule form. I have not tried the powder form before. Initially I have taken the 500mg tablets and am now taking 1000mg tablets. The ingredients are simple, the tablet or capsule just contains the amino acid L-Arginine. I like the fact that there are no fillers or hidden ingredients in these free form products. This review is for the NOW version 1000mg tablets but I have also tried the Nature's Bounty, and Spring Valley companies all at either 500mg tablet/capsules or 1000mg tablet/capsules. All three contain the same ingredient profile and are equal in every way except for the labeling.

Taste and Mixability are not applicable due to the pill form.

Dosing: from what I've read L-Arginine can be taken orally from 6 to 30 grams daily for a variety of conditions; anything more than that and it starts to become a math and chemistry lesson.

The dosing for the 500mg bottle states take 2, 1 to 3 times daily and the dosing on the 1000mg bottle states take 1, 1 to 3 times daily. So 1 to 3 grams daily, the recommended amount is enough for me. I take 2, 1000mg tablets about 30min prior to my workout and 1, 1000mg tablet mid-day. This dosing for me is regardless of how much Arginine is in any other supplement I am currently taking for example pre-workout or BCAA's. It's my recommendation for people who are new to Arginine to start with the 500mg tablets and work your way up seeing how your body reacts to it. For people who have taken this supplement or are taking this supplement then I recommend to take it in at minimum 2 grams and work your way up if needed depending on your body weight. I will explain the benefits of my dosing amount in the effectiveness section.

In the title of my review I mentioned L-Arginine to have seemingly endless benefits; this is true I could go on and on but the point of this review is more to benefit in the gym rather than all out body health. That being said I wanted to throughout some suggested dosing ranges and their benefits:

6 to 20 grams per day for conditions of congestive heart failure
    3 to 6 grams per day for conditions relating in coronary artery disease
    2,400 mg per day to prevent the loss of the effectiveness of nitroglycerin in relieving pain
    5 grams per day to prevent erectile dysfunction

Taking 2 grams about 30 minutes prior to my workout has worked the best for me. During a weight workout the onset of pump for me is about my second or third set depending on what I am working out. I don't know if it is the L-Arginine or the pump but I feel POWERFUL. It's motivating, it drives me to want more; I haven't read that there were any mood related properties but I could be wrong and wouldn't be surprised. I can tell that there is a drastic difference between days I take this and days I forget or neglect to take this.

I can see a significant difference in my cardio and VO2 level when supplementing this. I can breathe easier in increased and tenuous workouts for example while running, sprinting, rowing or doing a HIIT I am able to control my breathing at an easier rate. I think this has to do with the increased blood flow being able to deliver more nutrients and oxygen.

I started taking L-Arginine after seeing it in other supplements and doing some additional research; when I tore my ACL and Meniscus my doctor mentioned this (in a larger amount) to increase my recovery time. I also have a friend who has heart issues and takes this in very large amounts and he has seen improvements in his health.

As I stated in the ingredients portion I have tried the companies NOW, Spring Valley and Nature's Bounty they all have an average price of below $15.00 for about 120 count if not cheaper. So this product is well worth the price and is very easy to find.

Side Effects

From what I have read there are no side effects until you hit the range of 21 to 30 grams daily. In 2004 the Journal of Nutritional Biochemistry did a study that examined the biochemical effects of daily arginine dosing. At ranges of 21 grams and 30 grams adverse effects of diarrhea were common. The American Journal of Physiology gave subjects 30 grams per day that resulted in heartburn in some. This isn't meant as a medical lesson nor should this be taken on my word as treatment for anything, I am merely passing along information that I have read about this product.

Conclusion

In conclusion the purpose of this review was for its benefits in the gym relating to the pump and increased blood flow but I wanted to include some other important benefits. I hope this info has helped and changed the opinion of anyone that had a bad experience was unsure of its abilities. Again thanks to SR for having me.

September 6, 2016

Pros:
     Cons:
      • Ambiguous Labeling

What's up SR, I wanted to take the time to touch on a product that I mentioned in a previous review and my bad experience with it (Body Fortress's Shred-Abolic Igniter). I've had this product for about 6 months, my wife got it for me when I called her while she was food shopping and asked her to pick me up a pre-workout. When I saw the product I thought eh why not it's different. Here we go.

The ingredient profile is split into three sections Anabolic Strength Bled, Thermogenic Ignition Blend and Metabolic Support Bled. What I liked about the labeling is that the contents are broken down for example the Anabolic Strength Blend contains 2.75g, 2g of L-Leucine and 750mg of L-Carnitine. The Thermogenic Ignition Blend contains 600mg, 250mg of Green Tea Extract, 250mg of L-Tyrosine and 100mg of Caffeine. The Metabolic Support Blend contains 400mg, 300mg of Naringin, 50mg of Advantra Z and 50mg of Hesperidin Complex. This is all for 1 scoop (10g) and double it for the labeled 2 scoops (20g). This is important for people who track these amounts day to day and is different from products that might say for example 300 mg of The Super Solider Serum where you have no idea of what your actually taking.

I agree with the ingredients but not necessarily the labeling. For example Anabolic Strength Blend, these ingredients are cut and dry Leucine and Carnitine. Most of us are experienced with these two but do they give you strength as the labeling implies ehhh. The second section Thermogenic Ignition Blend is another example of common ingredients with a suspicious label. Green Tea, Tyrosine and Caffeine are great but a Thermogenic Ignition Blend, hmm when I first read this title and then the ingredients I was like nope. They must not have done their research; guys if I am wrong please correct me but I don't at all consider Green Tea, Tyrosine and Caffeine thermogenics as I know them comparing them to products like Oxy Elite or Hydroxycut for example; even though some increase thermogenesis. This section should have been labeled Increased Energy Blend. I feel this section is highly miss-labeled and somewhat ambiguous. The Metobolic Support Blend contains Naringin which I have never heard of before and had to look up. This ingredient as much as I could find does have some benefits to metabolism. Again the next ingredient was a mystery to me, Advantra Z; I found this to be a manufacturer's name for Bitter Orange. I have taken Bitter Orange in its free form before with an L-Tyrosine, L-Phenylalanine stack for my metabolism with great success. So Advantra Z = Bitter Orange. The last ingredient in this section is Hesperidin Complex as you can see on the label is Citrus Peel which has also shown metabolic properties. Guys I really feel like this is a stretch, yes these products support the metabolism but again ambiguous in the labeling.

I love the idea of all these ingredients, but it would be better if they got rid of the BS marketing and just included the ingredients in their separate amounts.

Taste - When I opened the container it had the paper/plastic seal as normal, I pulled the seal and got a sniff of sweet Strawberry Lemonade flavor much like a powdered drink mix. I did notice that the powder was not fine but like normally found in pre-workout but it was semi fine and slightly clumpy as if I had dropped some water into it. Next, I do what I do every time I open a new container of pre-workout mix licked my finger and had a taste. For the first millisecond the stuff tasted GREAT; then a big fat smack in the face. The most disgusting, bitter, acrid and long lasting taste I have ever experienced. My wife said I looked like I was standing in front of an audience and someone pulled my pants down but I had no arms and couldn't pull them up. Yea she laughed hysterical. I turned to the sink and tried to scrape the taste out of my mouth with my finger nails. SR, it was that bad. How to describe the taste? It tasted like I bit into a decomposing grapefruit. Body Fortress was this a joke? Why on earth would you put this on the market? So taste gets a big 0.

Mixability - I decided to try a couple different mixtures in an attempt to destroy the taste. One scoop in 16oz of water sat on top of the waterline for 10min, this was the time it took me to find a drink mix packet. It just sat there clumped at the top. I added Fruit Punch drink mix to the product and shook. The mix took a good amount of shaking to fully mix (No change in taste). I tried another day to put it in a protein shake thinking banana is the king of taste domination, nope no change although it mixed well but it was in a blender. I'll give this a 4 for Mixability.

Dosing - Dosing is pretty simple it says 1 scoop for 10g worth of the product and 2 scoops for 20g; it says with 8oz of water but I put as much water as I feel I get a good taster. (No amount of water worked for this product)

A big fat zero goes to the effectiveness of this product. I felt nothing, I don't remember what number of times it was for me in my attempts to finish at least one of these drinks before a workout but I gulped down half before I felt like vomiting just to try the effectiveness. Nothing at all and it was two scoops worth. I worked out for about an hour and a half; weights and cardio and felt absolutely nothing. I really didn't even see a change in my energy level outside of what I provided myself with my normal adrenaline and motivation. I tried this process a few more times trying to give the product the benefit of the doubt. This product had zero effect in all categories.

---Value----
      The value wasn't too bad I think we paid $14 for it so I wasn't upset when I had to throw it away.

Side Effects

Conclusion

I want to believe that most supplement companies will do their best to put out a quality product but we all know sometimes that isn't true. I want to express my understanding that not all supplements are going to perform the same in everyone; some work and some not so much. The difference here with this product is that there was no effect what so ever. This was the first time I have taken a supplement and didn't experience anything (well besides the bad taste). While researching the ingredients I found out that the Naringin was the most likely culprit for the bad taste as it used in commercial grapefruit production and its bitter taste. I wonder to myself why they didn't label the flavor as grapefruit; now that would have made sense. That would have hit that super small market of people who actually like grape fruit. For me this product tasted terrible and didn't work. If you are a big grape fruit fan you might try this for yourself but my recommendation is to stay away and save your money, I am sorry Body Fortress but you missed the mark by miles on this one. Lastly in another attempt to give this product the benefit of the doubt I looked into other reviews from multiple websites to see what everyone else was saying (maybe I got a bad batch). Again I was wrong and Body Fortress fell short. The fake reviews are just as many as the negative reviews. Here is one I found hilarious and very suspicious.

(Review from another Site ------------------->) Amazing Energy!!! 8/25/2016 5.0 stars by An anonymous customer

I began using this product almost a week ago and already love it. I have been able to double my endurance on cardio days and have had an increase of about 25% on my lifts on resistance days. I workout in the mornings before work, and this product gets me through my workouts and keeps me really focused and energized throughout the work day. I have experienced no gittery feelings from this product, just clean energy. I feel amazing all day long after drinking this first thing in the morning, and I no longer need my afternoon coffee either. Everyone complains about the taste, so I will put in my two cents- The product is a tad bitter, which is to be expected. It contains ingredients that are extracts of grapefruit, so naturally it has a bitter grapefruit aftertaste. I personally don't mind the taste at all and have noticed that it tastes better the more water you mix it with. This product gets the job done...so it's worth chugging it down. Very excited about this product and thankful that I found it!!!

I admire the time and effort you guys put into your reviews and I know the great majority of you can tell that this was a BS review. Really 5 stars a perfect score lol. Really you doubled your endurance hmm maybe if I take this I can run 12 miles no problem. This is the best yet, 25% increase on lifts lol. Come on they weren't even trying to make this sound real. That's it for me on this one, recommendation - STAY AWAY.

September 3, 2016

• Quick Recovery
      • Effective
      • Cheap
      • Assisted With Doms ( Greatly)
      • Readily Available At Walmart

What's up SR and community, this is my third review and I am impressed by the amount of good information I have found in my short time here so thank you for having me!

I have been taking L-Glutamine for years now and more often than not I have chosen Spring Valley's 1000mg tablets. They were super cheap and right next to my Vitamin C and Super B Complex. I got them at Walmart and didn't have to stop at the supplement store for this specific purchase. Most recently I started taking Body Fortress's 100% Pure Glutamine Powder (Ultimate Recovery Fuel). I got this because I was trying to decrease the amount of capsules and or tablets (aminos) I was ingesting, so if I can find it in powder form then I lean toward it being that I can mix them into my pre or post workout drinks.

This section of the review is pretty cut and dry the only ingredient is Glutamine the container has 300 grams; one teaspoon is the serving size which should contain 4.5g.

This product only comes unflavored and odorless, there is no taste per se but I guess if you took a spoon full in the mouth like the Cinnamon Challenge it would taste bland (haven't tried this). I have mixed this in several ways, I usually mix my pre-workout drinks in a cleaned out Poweraid bottle; for me these have stayed more secure than a shaker. In just water the powder will sit atop the waterline until mixed by shaking, a in a light shake you can see that the powder forms little white balls so a heavy shake is required shaking until it is mixed which is sometimes annoying. When mixed with a pre-workout I have seen it mix easier maybe because it bonds to the other powders. I have also seen the powder settle at the bottom of the container on several occasions depending on what else I mix with it. This is an easy fix for me I usually mix it in the blender with ice and protein so this isn't an issue for me, everything mixes in the blender. As for dosing like I said in the ingredients section each serving size is 4.5g I usually do two to four servings a day with no issue. In fact I have read that when taken by mouth it should be safe up to 40g a day. I looked and couldn't find any information on at what point it would become toxic; but more than 40g a day I'm not sure what you would be trying to accomplish.

I've had great success with this product and Glutamine in itself as a supplement. Glutamine supplementation offers many benefits and in my opinion should be part of normal supplementation. The effectiveness of products like vitamins and aminos are sometimes harder to gauge than say a pre-workout where there are immediate effects. What I can say about the effectiveness of this product is that when I take it regularly with my diet and workout I feel much less sore days after hard and strenuous workouts or activities. I feel like I rely on it now and dreed the pain in soreness I will feel when I forget or neglect to supplement with this product.

The value is great, like I said I get mine at Walmart for like 9 bucks and it comes with 66 servings you can't beat it. That's about the average that I have found online give or take a couple bucks.

Side Effects

I have taken up to 12 or 15 grams a day many be more and have had no side effects.

Conclusion

In conclusion, at first I was hesitant about Body Fortress I mean it's Walmart I don't know how else to explain my hesitation. I figured this might be a money grab type company and before joining this site the information input was only my own plus I had a terrible experience with BF's Igniter Mix (that was so awful) to my surprise and believe it or not Body Fortress isn't that bad at all; there BCAA's even got a A- Rating for purity in a Supplement Lab Testing Site which was much higher than a lot more popular names out there. I will continue to take this product and by from Body Fortress. I recommend Glutamine to everyone to include in their daily supplementation.