Durden998

• Member has been active for 7 years, and was last online 2 years ago

Reviews by Durden998

Overall
Overall
5.4
6.6
(SR paid for product; Naturo Nitro did not participate)
  November 30, 2015

Cons:

This to me is the definition of an average preworkout. Its been done a million times over with the same ingredients and the same flavors. It has the basic ingredients that many many other pre's have had over the years. Recently it seems that some companies have moved beyond this type of preworkout and have began adding other new things to the mix.

Like I said in the intro the ingredients are the very definition of basic. The only part that seems to step out of the box any at all is the "energy and focus blend", it has a few things in it that go outside of just caffeine. The performance blend is 3 grams and only made up of 3 things; beta, AAKG, and agmatine sulfate. This blend is of course badly under dosed, the 3 grams would be nice if it was only beta but alas they have included 3 other ingredients. The creatine blend is 2 grams and is made up of 4 different types of creatine, I have no problem with the 4 different types but again the 2 grams is def under dosed. Now getting back to the energy blend this one seems to be the one that is dosed the best but again it is impossible to tell because of the prop blend.

The taste was not bad at all. I believe I had lemon lime and while the taste was far from lemon lime it had a nice flavor. Mixability was also good all it took was some water and a shaker bottle and you were good to go.

Dosing on this was as easy as it gets, one scoop 30 minutes before a workout I downed this. I never went over 1 scoop.

Well effectiveness on this product was actually not bad at all if you're looking only at it from an energy aspect. Every time I took this I got good to decent energy. The type of energy that has you feeling good and tapping your leg if you're sitting down. It was never the over the top cracked out type of energy but several steps above what you get from a standard energy drink.

The other blends are so under dosed that they only will have a very small effect on any type of performance. Again the 3 grams would have been nice if it was only beta but they squeezed in 2 other ingredients in there so that took down the effectiveness of the beta. The 2 grams of creatine included may have a small boost to performance but as we all know the magic number for creatine is 5 grams.

Basically you almost have to look at this product simply as a stim product because the other things are so under dosed, but they try to pass this off as a preworkout with well rounded ingredients. If they had just left the other things out and just had the energy blend in it I wouldn't be judging it so harshly.

I googled and found it for 29.67. Not a bad price but you can prob find much better pre's for the same price point, and if you decide to double up on your dose the value takes a nose dive.

Side Effects

0 side effects

Conclusion

If this was just marketed as a energy supplement and they had left off the other ingredients I might be inclined to give this a bit of a thumbs up but I dont really care for the way that they pixie dusted the other ingredients in their and tried to pass this off as a complete preworkout. Would I buy this with my own money? Not unless I found it for a really good price. I did get decent to good energy but I've tried other products at this same price that gave me the same if not better energy with better dosed ingredients. So nothing to really see here just another average preworkout.

Thanks to Recor for sending it out!
      November 25, 2015

Pros:
     Cons:
    • Tasteless
    • Immune Support

This isnt something you are going to feel its just straight up glutamine. Some may notice a dip in soreness but for me the main thing is glutamine always seems to keep me sick free when others around me are sickly. Adding a scoop or 2 to a preworkout or a protein shake to me is always a great idea.

100% glut and nothing more....I like that they're are no ineffective extras here that the company can charge an extra arm and a leg for. Glut does a ton of wonderful things in the body others have listed those but feel free to look it up yourself. You cant really go wrong adding glut to your supp lineup. Only thing here is we dont know where they get their raws from. I would like to know that.

Completely tasteless. Mixes completely in protein shakes and pres every time

Like I said its not something I really noticed but I had 2 people living in the same house as me and they both were sick.
      scoops of this a day and I never missed a beat. Is this some sort of cure? Certainly nt but it can def help keep that immune system humming along when it may be being taxed a bit.

Vslue is great 29 bucks for 80 servings, 40 if you double up on the scoops like I did towards the end of the tub.

Side Effects

0 side effects

Conclusion

This is a high quality bulk type glut supplement that I def will be adding to my list of quality glutamine supps when
      i go to purchase in the future. Would I buy this with my own money? I def would and you prob should too

Overall
      Thanks to apsu nutrition for sending it out!
        October 23, 2015

Pros:
       Cons:
      • Seemed To Help My Immune System

Multis are for me a hard product to review, it def can be hard to see how effective a multi is because there are very little to no acute results like say a preworkout will have. I saw this and immediately wanted to try it as it appears to compare to my fav multi Orange Triad pretty favorably. Now on to a review.

I like the profile on this as it has all the usual suspects that are found in a multi but it also has the joint care ingredients added and a fruit and veg blend that is a nice addition as well. I think orange triad may have them beat a bit on their joint additions but still I like to see the addition of joint care ingredients in a multi. Sp perhaps this is a bit of a scaled down version of OT but thats still a great thing as OT is a wonderful multi. The one nod I will give this is that the only prop blends to be found are quite small, you know how much of the joint care ingredients you are getting.

No taste here just pills.

No mixing either.

Dosing was quite simple I took 2 pills with breakfast every day. I like this better then a few other multis thats have a dosing that requires you to take more a dose more then once a day, many times I will forget this second dose as I generally take most of my pills in the morning.

Effectiveness was in my opinion pretty damn good. There was an URI going around my house around the time I was taking this, my girl was really sick with it and I was much much less sick. I barely had a a cough while she was coughing her brains out and had been to the Dr several times and had several different meds to take. Also another thing to note here was that this is one of the few multis that I've taken that did not make my pee bright yellow, it seems as if their %'s are at or near 100 on every ingredient and they havent ventured into the 1000% territory that many companies do. Now as someone who works a very physical job and is in the gym 4 days a week I may need more then the RDA recommended amount but I doubt I need 1000% of much of any vitamin.

This is going for 30 on their site for a months supply. That to me is a pretty good buy, I wouldnt mind seeing it in a 2 month supply though simply so I wouldnt have to make a order monthly and also because it would be a better value in the long run.

Side Effects

0 sides.

Conclusion

While maybe not as great as my fav OT this to me is still a pretty damn good multi that I would have no problem suggesting that others get. As always I ask myself would I spend my own money on this product(this was another TROOPer product) and my answer is yes I would.

Overall
        Thanks to Cellucor for sending it out!
          October 21, 2015

Pros:
         Cons:
        • Good Hydration
        • Decent Recovery

This is a product I've used in the past(most likely an older version) and kind of had the same thoughts then that I have now....middle of the road/ho hum. Nothing really special to see here, just another amino product with a decent profile and flavor. Not much more to say here.

Profile

---

Profile

---
          Profile is your standard modern amino product profile. BCAA's, EAA's, and some other goodies thrown in here and there. The hydration part of the blend was a nice addition and def something I enjoyed seeing on the label. Of course knowing the amounts of the BCAA's and EAA's would be a nice touch but thats prob just wishful thinking at this point.

Taste was good, I had the watermelon flavor and as usual Cellucor did a nice job on the flovor. Amino products are def different then a preworkout, its something meant to be sipped on during a workout not shotgunned so the taste can def be a deal breaker here. But again the taste was right on and quite good.

When I received it the product was quite clumpy and had to be broken up a good bit to scoop but after adding it to water it mixed just fine.

Dosing was easy 1 scoop during, before, or after a workout. To me these type pf products can be taken at either of those times.,

Effectiveness was pretty much what i expected....nothing off the charts but still a nice addition to my supplement usage at the time. I did see a decent boost in endurance at times and also some nice recovery. Nothing off of the charts here but still something I could notice.

Seems like its listed just about everywhere for around 30 bucks which leaves the value in line with the product itself......middle of the road. Nothing outstanding here or noting terrible here.

Side Effects

0 side effects.

Conclusion

This is a product I dont have a ton to say about. Its not bad by far but its not great either, just another amino product with a nice flavor. Would I buy this with my own money? Prob not unless I found a really good deal on it. I mean if you can find it at a really good price you have a good product on your hands that is effective and will most likely be very pleasant to sip on or can be added to a preworkout with a really really bad taste to make that preworkout tastier and easier to get down

Overall
          Thanks to Recor for sending it out!
            October 21, 2015

• Good Focus
          • Clean Energy
          • Underdosed Creatine
          • Underdosed Beta Alanine
          • Underdosed Arginine

Received this off of the TROOPer program and I have to say it was a pleasant surprise. I had never heard of this company before and thought I'd give it a shot and I'm def glad I did.

The profile here is pretty much what I'm used to seeing....some things are in the doses you want to see and some are under dosed. The major things that are under dosed here(beta, creatine) are ok with me because I add these to all pre's. When it comes to a preworkout the thing that I always look for is the energy section of the blend, this one to me was quite nice and I thought it would be quite effective. After my first dose and every dose after I was not let down, energy was good every single time. It wasnt ever tomuch and to the point where it was uncomfortable but right at the sweet spot for me.

This stuff tasted pretty damn good, as I've read other reviews that state it supposed to taste like skittles and looking back on it I can def see the resemblance. I never had a complaint with the taste and my girl even enjoyed the taste and she isnt the kind to normally like the taste of any thing I take but she enjoyed the taste of this.

Mixability was right on here no complaints at all in this dept.

Dosing was as simple as it gets, 1 scoop 30 minutes before a workout. I never really felt the need to go over 1 scoop.

This was a very effective preworkout for me and it never seemed to tail off in any way.I could count on great energy every time I took this before a workout and it always seemed to provide me with the ability to get through a workout no matter how tired I was. Even though it was underdosed in several categories it did, to me anyway, what a preworkout is supposed to do......give me great energy to get through a hour long workout.

It seems this can be found for 27.96 for 40 servings on amazon. To me this is pretty damn good as I never felt the need to go over one scoop and if my girl and taken several scoops for herself this would have lasted me even longer.

0 side effects.

Conclusion

I dig this preworkout and will def be trying to find it on amazon when I run out of the preworkouts that sitting on top of the fridge. This is another product received off of the TROOPer program that I would/will spend my own money to get and thats how I know this product was a success for me

7.1
            August 15, 2015

• Taste Good
          • Proprietary Blend

Another 5% Nutrition product that I received through the TROOPer program. This company has been great about getting their products in peoples hands so they can get reviewed. Now on to the review.

This profile is nothing new or special. It has the normal suspects that we tend to see in pres these days...nothing to ground breaking here really. As usual its all listed in a couple of blends but the great thing they do here is give you the exact amount of caffeine in one scoop. If a company is going to use a prop blend at least they should tell you the amount of caffeine so you dont make a mistake that could cause you some real trouble.

Taste was pretty damn good, I had the lemon lime flavor which was good not as good as the All Day You May lemon lime but good non the less. Its a flavor that you dont have to guzzle in a few secinds to keep from hurling, you can def sip on this a bit on your drive to the gym with no problems. Mixability was great had 0 problems here, the few times there was a bit left at the bottom of the shaker a little bit more water took care of that every time. Dosing was very straight forward a scoop 20-30 minutes before a workout. 1 scoop was what I used for the first week or so and it was just so so then I moved it to a scoop and a half and I thought it shined pretty well at this dosing.

Like i said earlier at one scoop for me the effectiveness wasnt all that great, but at 1 1/2 scoops it worked pretty damn well.
          Again nothing really special here just a good pre that will give you some good energy for a workout. It wont have you chomping at the bit to workout or have you throwing weights around in a cracked induced energy craze but it will give you the ability to get a good workout in.

This is listed at 29.95 for 30 scoops which is a pretty good value as long as you get the effects you want from that single scoop, but for me I had to use 1 1/2 scoops to get the effects I was looking for from a pre. That of course brings down the value a decent amount but not so much that it kills the products value all together.

Side Effects

0 side effects.

Conclusion

This is a good but not great pre. I def enjoyed my time with it and I would have no problem picking it up again and putting it in my rotation of pres that I use. It would prob never be my go to for a pre but I think overall it a quality product.

July 27, 2015

• Solid Profile.
          • Helps Put On And Maintain Weight
          • Helps Meet Macro Goals

Another 5% product that I received through the TROOPer program. I have enjoyed the products that this company has sent and it seems that they might have a bright future. This isnt really a supplement though its food in a ground up form that you can drink. I dont think I've really seen something like this before....I've seen many carb supps before but prob not like this.

Profile is pretty simple and I dig that. Sweet potato, pounded yam, oats, and blueberry fruit powder....all real food simply in a form that you can easily drink/consume in a fast manner. All this yielding 20 grams of carbs(only 1 gram of sugar) at 100 cals.

I had the bluberry cobbler flavor and at first I wasnt really noticing much of a taste at all and then I added much less water and the blueberry taste came shinning through and it was quite nice. Mixability was about as well as a supplement with oats can be(these dont seem to really be ground up finely) some my be turned off by the texture but I myself had 0 issue with drinking this.....i mean its food so you really drink/consume it with maybe a bit of chewing. Dosing is as simple as it gets grab a scoop whenever you think a shot of carbs are necessary. The one problem people could have with this is actually the scooper, its basically a shovel and its hard to get a precise level scoop. Not a problem for me but if youre one of those uptight A-Holes whose counting ever macro then this could be an issue for you. I simply took a heaping scoop every time I consumed it.

This is a bit hard to judge as its basically food, its not a pre where you take it and can or cant feel its effects. I would basically take it half way though my shift and would and would notice a bit of a pick-me-up type feeling, just a bit of energy that a nice carb type of meal can give you. Other then that its just food that contributes to your total food consumed in a day.

Value here to me is pretty nice. 34.95 for 60 servings is quite good. Only problem here again is the scooper, its really hard to get a single scoop pretty much every time I took a pretty big heaping scoop so I got less then 60 servings but I still like the value here.

Side Effects

0 side effects.

Conclusion

I really like this product and I'm surprised that another company hasnt came out with a product like this already. To me this is far better then some of the other carb supplements out there....I mean this really isnt a supp at all its food. I can def recommend this be put into your supp arsenal. I've enjoyed my time with it and I'll def be buying more of this in the future. I'll be trying to combine a blended protein with a heaping scoop of this in the future. I think this should make a nice combo....the taste should be interesting too.

July 23, 2015

I saw this on the TROOPer program and decided to give it a shot. Now normally I stick with Creapure in bulk flavorless by many different companies. I had gotten busy with work and ran out of creatine and had forgotten to order some for several months...so I went supplement wise creatine free going into this product. So instead of going from using creapure for months on end and going into this I went into this free of any possible hold over effects from a different creatine supp.

Profile on this is 5 grams of 10 different kinds of creatine(the...

Profile on this is 5 grams of 10 different kinds of creatine(the celebrated creapure is in the blend), all in a prop blend so we arent sure how much of each is in this 5 grams, but you are getting 5 grams of creatine in total. The other prop blend is the "creatine accelerate" blend, again we dont know how much of each of these is present here but it is nice to know that there are things is this that help or might help the uptake of the creatine. I dont really think the prop blend is a huge prob on the creatine blend here because if you are taking a blend of creatines you have stepped away from the tried and true creapure and into other various and maybe unproven kinds of creatine and I'm not sure it matters how much of each is present as long as you are getting the 5 grams.

I had the fruit punch flavor and I can not begin to tell you how tired of this flavor i am in the world of supps, but I have to admit that this version of fruit punch wasnt one that made me want to rip my eyes out. Mixability was just fine no major problems here, dosing was simple one single scoop post workout according to the label but i see no issue with taking with you preworkout .

I dug this supplement in the effectiveness dept. I noticed the same things I notice from taking creapure.....I gained a few pounds and I was able to knock out a few more reps here and there. No real strength gains but then again I stopped trying to get stronger a long time ago. When I take a topnotch creatine supp I always notice a weight gain and a few more reps getting cranked out and this did exactly that.

Here is where this and all the creatine blends will suffer. When I can get almost a years worth of bulk creapure for so cheap it is hard for me to buy a supp like this on a regular basis. However if you find that you respond better to a blend then you do to creapure then this is a blend you should give a shot.

Side Effects

0 side efects.

Conclusion

To me this was a high qualty creatine supp and I enjoyed my time with it very much. If creapure wasnt so effective for me and so cheap I would have no problems making this a regular in my creatine supp use. So if you wanna try something different or if you find that you respond well to blends then def give this a shot.

July 16, 2015

• Delays Fatigue
            • Helps DOMS
            • Increased Recovery
            • Underdosed At 1scoop
            • Underdosed

When I saw this offered on the TROOPer program I had never heard of the company or the man behind the company(Rich P.) so I did some quick research and quickly became a bit skeptical. Most supp company that are made or backed by a fitness professional or bodybuilder are usually crap combine that with the fact that the guy behind this company kinda comes off as a bit douchey(over done tats, over done tan, and that I'm trying to be cool way of dressing) and I had almost 0 hope for these products. Then I took a closer look and changed my mind a bit. This company has several interesting products out and this is one of them.

Profile on here is interesting, it goes with a 10:1:1 ratio of the BCAA's, btw dont let the google warriors fool you we have no idea which ratio is better, I've seen many different ratios used and honestly all of them have had a positive impact when taken. I think the point here is that BCAA's are good in any ratio. Prop blends are used here and of course its always better if we know how much of each ingredient is in this thing but thats something we rarely know in the supp world. The leucine is listed as being in a 5 gram dose per scoop, the conditionally essential aminos are also listed in a prop blend except the glut which may be the only on of the EAA's in a good amount.

There is also a joint support blend and a infra-cellular buffer blend, most likely the things in both of these blends are under dosed a well.

A BCAA/Intra supp may be the only case where taste to me is important. If I'm supposed to sip it then I want it to taste good. I had the lemon lime flavor and I thought it tasted pretty damn good. No complaints here at all. As far as mixability goes it like most BCAA products can get foamy at first but after a minute it settles down and become easy and pleasant to drink.

As far as the dosing goes the tub says it basically meant to put 4 scoops in a gallon jug and sip on it all day. Now I have no doubt that this is an effective way to consume the product and will give you something tasty to sip on while at the same time giving you a nice source of aminos through out the day. The problem with that dosing schedule is that you will blow through the tub extremely fast, thats no problem if you are the owner of the company or someone who ha 0 concern for money. Sadly I'm neither of those so I took it like a normal Amino supp, 1 to 2 scoops during, before, or after.

Like most BCAA products I noticed slightly less soreness but not much more then that. These products are like taking a protein supp, I really dont notice a whole lot but I know enough to know that there is solid evidence that these products contribute to positive things happening in the muscles when taken

Value takes a hit here.....1 scoop a day will give you 30 servings which is great but you're prob gonna need 2 to get to the proper doses of some of the ingredients. Honestly I just kind of ignored the joint and intre-cellular blends and just treated it like a BCAA product. For 90% of the tub I was taking it a 1 scoop at a time.

Side Effects

0 sides

Conclusion

Can you find other BCAA products at a cheaper price that are equally as effective? Sure you can.....but I really enjoyed the lemon lime flavor. To me this is a middle of the road product that I would have problem buying on occasion mainly because of how much I enjoyed the lemon lime flavor.

8.9
            Thanks to NutraBio for sending it out!
              July 4, 2015

Pros:
             Cons:
            • Reduced Inflammation
            • Great Profile
            • Definite Increase In Joint Health
            • Comprehensive Profile
            • High Montly Price

Another NutraBio product that I received through the TROOPer program here on SR. After years of heavy weight lifting and a recent switch to a new line of work that is highly physically demanding I was hurting in many places(elbows, knees, shoulders mostly). I hadn't taken a joint supplement in a little while so when I saw this available in the TROOPer program I grabbed it and Im glad I did.

Ingredient profile can be found very easily by going to their website....again Im not going to list the whole thing here as I not a douche bag. Needless to say though I'm not sure what else you could possibly want in a joint care supplement that isn't in this. Most joint care supps have about half of this in them. And again with everything NutraBio makes its completely listed on the label no prop blends at all. I have to say I'm really digging NutraBio as a company.

No taste here as they're pills and I never had any come back up with any nasty burps. Dosing was simple the label says you can either take all at once or split them up into halfs. I tried it both ways but ended up forgetting to take the second dosing sometimes so I just decided to take all at once in the morning. I never noticed any differences at all either way.

Joint supplements are hard for me to gauge usually the only way for me to tell is to stop taking it and see if I notice any differences in how I feel. While I'm actually taking the supplement the effects seems to happen gradually and I don't seem to notice that they are actually kicking in and then I stop taking it for a week and I notice that my elbows are once again killing me with simple triceps extensions or with pressing movements. I did the same thing with this I stopped taking(when the bottle ran out) it and waited to see what I noticed and what I noticed was a pretty big difference in how I felt when I was working out and when I was at work. My left elbow in particular had been killing me during workouts and when I would go to grab something heavy off of a high shelf at work this sup didn't cure that but it made a really big difference. It also had my knees feeling better and my shoulder didn't bother me at all during the bottle. So for me the differences in being on this supp and being off it were quite noticeable and that's a great thing for me when it comes to a joint supplement.....no difference in how I feel on and off equals a pretty crappy supplement.

Ah value.....this stuff is pretty expensive for a joint supplement. 28.99 for a months supply is high for a joint supplement but maybe it isn't if it works really well and makes me feel better and makes working out and work in general a bit easier. I'll say this for a lot of people the price of this may make it hard to add to their monthly staples but if you are a bit older and have been doing heavy lifting for a while it could def be worth adding in to you monthly supplement staples. I know it will be added to mine.

Side Effects

0 sides

Conclusion

The formula of this is pretty damn complete and is listed in its entirety on the label and you cant really beat that and for me it worked quite well. The only thing holding this back in my opinion is the price, I doubt it'll ever be a extremely highly used joint care supp at the price they have it at. For me though the price is worth it and I'll be purchasing this for quite a while.