DogRomeo

• Reputation is somewhat low. (+28)
  • Was an active member for 5 years, but hasn't been online since February, 2015
  • Member has only posted 4 reviews

Reviews by DogRomeo

Overall
Overall
3.0
3.0
0.0
  August 13, 2011

Pros:
 Cons:
    • Cost!
    • Pretty Expensive..
    • Oily Skin
    • No Results
    *SIGH* Where do I start? A few years ago when I started lifting I knew nothing about supplements, but through trial and error (usually error when listening to employees at stores and friends with MuscleTech gahbij) and doing a lot of reading on here I like to think I'm somewhat knowledgeable. That being said, I went from loving USPLABS when I bought Jacked and supercissus rx to hating them when I tried their stack with Prime, AP, PowerFULL and Recreate. That being said, here's my review of PM.
    So yes, it's pretty expensive and you're supposed to take it a while to get the full effects, essentially doubling your costs if you wanna see the results, right? Fine, I'm in. I bought 2 bottles, then 2 more after those were gone and what great results did I see? NOTHING WHATSOEVER! I go to the gym 4 or 5 times a week and my program is pretty freaking kick-ai, FYI.
    I take quite a few supps so it's not like I can say "well I had sick gains & lost all my fat in 1 month all thanks to PM" like I've read some other guys on here. Did I make gains? Of course! I spend about 12 hours a week lifting weights and I eat lots of quality foods and supplements. Heck, I've read reviews where guys were guys were blown away by it's effects IN LESS THAN 1 BOTTLE. Sorry but I'm gonna call BS on that & to be frank, on USPLABS as a company between this and the above mentioned products that have cost me well over a few hundred bucks when you add them up (again, trying TWO cycles of them to get the results I heard so much about).
    I spent the money on the product, did the hard work in the gym, ate like I should...and made absolutely average progress. I mean it, average, as in with the addition of PM I made no more gains or saw any less fat or felt any different in any way at all over a period of time (months) that made me say FOOK IT, NEVER AGAIN.
    Well not really cuz I LOVE supper Cissus rx & Jacked. If someone gave me bottles of Pink Magic You know what I'd do with them? Sell them. That way I'd get back some of what I spent and feel better about it. If ya'll have a suggestion for something else, preferably natty, by all means comment below. Chances are I've looked at it and passed due to either spotty ratings, glowing review by a person who only rated that 1 product or it's just too expensive. I was thinking about trying DAA but people I've talked to that aren't on here seem to think that it's BS.

March 29, 2011

Pros:
     Cons:
    • Relieved Joint Pain
    • Worked Fast
    • Very Affordable
    • Better Than Advil
    • Best Joint Care Supplement Ive Used!!
    • Can Cut Dose Down After A Few Weeks
      I blew out my knee (ACL, MCL, LCL, meniscus) at 14 years old & when I was training to go into the army at 27 my "good" knee started hurting whenever I ran distance, probably from years of overcompensating especially athletically. Well About 2 years ago at 30 I started to get really serious about fitness & supplements, thanks in part to this site. I always want to Maximize my money & although I tried a couple other joint sups, I never had any change in my pain, just in my wallet as they were at least $35/bottle.
      That all changed when I checked out Super Cissus Rx. With just 1 bottle I noticed my good knee wasn't hurting anymore when I ran & oddly enough, I wasn't having the trick knee popping that was extremely painful in my bad knee either. The funny thing is, when I realized it, I was basically euphoric! I still remember sitting in the chow hall at FOB Falcon & taking my pills every single meal & then a buddy saying "Hey hero, what do all those pills you take do?" and when I explained what was what he said "Well they're obviously working!" I knew he was referring to me getting in great shape but that was more due to my rigorous 6 days a week, 2-3 hours a day in the gym schedule. Point of the story is I realized at that moment that I hadn't had ANY pain in my knees at all lately! Not on legs days, not at step/kick aerobics class, not running on the treadmill...nothing! The feeling I had when I realized it was like a high. I had dealt with my bad knee problems for over 16 years, now in both knees, & it was gone.
      I'm about to buy my 4th & 5th bottles now off illpumpyouup for about $23/bottle, HALF PRICE OFF WHAT USP Labs SELLS THEM INDIVIDUALLY. I can't see buying anything else for joint pain after the results I got from Super Cissus Rx. Speaking of which, I used to be all about USP Labs but after the Asteroid Stack failed me miserably & knowing there are similar products for far less, I'll just stick with PM & SCRx for the time being.
      Oh, 1 more thing before I end this novel. So I ran out of SCRx & was trying to hold off on buying more until I needed other sups so I could just make 1 order & after a couple weeks guess what? Knee pain came back when I ran. So know that it's not a cure, but it is helpful so long as you take it often in the beginning. After that 1st bottle you can cut down your dose to 1 a day like I did. When it's gone though, gotta take like 3 a day to get it into your system or something, not even gonna pretend like I know the exact way it works, just saying.

March 29, 2011

Cons:
      1st of all it tastes TERRIBLE! Look, if I'm drinking a protein shake or glass of water mixed with a product, said product should not make it taste disgusting. The bottle is very large & that's why I gave it the rating I did. I took it 1st thing in the AM with my ON whey shake, post workout with same shake & on non-w.o. days with an ON pro-complex shake. After about a week of this I couldn't take it anymore & started adding ovaltine/nesquick powder to my shakes so I couldn't taste the powder anymore. Does it work? I hope so! I take quite a bit of sups so it's not like I can say "Well when I took it I had positive result A & when I didn't I had negative result B", but I don't like to give something a bad rating unless I know for a fact that I can do so in good conscience. You get quite a bit for your money but I wouldn't recommend it & won't buy it ever again. Shouldn't have listened to the out of shape fool working at Vitaminworld "You want a powder because it absorbs better & ours is great!" Guess what? theirs was the ONLY POWDER THEY SOLD. I said to him "All these are pill form unless I'm missing something here" so guess what he picked out?

February 23, 2011

Pros:
       Cons:
      • Reduced Water Weight
      • Great Mood
      • Slow To Build Up Resistance
      • Got Very Talkative
      I 1st started using atro phex about 2 years ago when I was just starting to check out supplements beyond a men's 1 a day & still buy it to this day! I'm not a huge fan of BSN per se & I don't believe in just blindly buying everything a company puts out, so take my opinion based on that.
      So first off let me start with me. I'm a hard gainer/hard loser: it takes me a while to put muscle on & a while to get rid of fat. I'm one of those people who are effected quite a bit by "drugs" in general & never took more than 3 atro phex in 1 day. At my peak I only weighed 175lbs with about 10% BF but at 5'7" that's pretty good since I started lifting only a year before at 150lbs at 18% BF. Hope this will be a good review detailing both how & why it works for me.
      I found that when I took an atro phex in the morning before I left to go to the chow hall & eat that I felt it's effects within 25 minutes. Then for the next several hours during a mission I was focused, positive, outgoing & basically just all hooah-hooah. Now, I'm a very upbeat, positive person in general but this made me NOTICEABLY feel more so. Then I'd take a second pill around 1300-1500 when I was getting that dreaded afternoon nap time feeling and be good for the rest of the daylight hours as far as energy goes, including a big work out.
      The army feeds you...a lot. Imagine that every time you go eat you go to a buffet. THAT'S THE MILITARY. You really gotta make good choices at every meal & believe me, it's easy to do the opposite at a buffet. Point is I ate good but not great & when you're in 130 degree weather wearing 70lbs of gear you drink a hell of a lot of water, so I know that diet along with exercise certainly helped BUT atro phex was a great addition to those things & I usually only took 2 a day on active days I had missions & worked out (which was 5 or 6 days a week). Also, I'm not a coffee/energy drink person as I feel those things just aren't in line with my diet since they kind of make you dependent on them & they're really no good for you anyways.
      Oh yeah, almost forgot...you can shop around online & find atro phex for really cheap. I just got 98 caps for $26 so that's an excellent breakdown based on daily intake/$, which is one thing I base value on, the other being how much I personally value it for what it does.