Cray

SR TROOPer

• Member has been active for 8 years, and was last online today

Reviews by Cray

Thanks to Destine Nutrition for sending it out!
  February 1, 2018

Pros:
 Cons:
  • Hydration Support
  • Reduced DOMS
  • Improved Recovery
  • Intraworkout Stamina

I'm a big BCAA guy and am constantly supplementing BCAAs for overall health and recovery. I'd not heard of Destine Nutrition prior to AminoZone becoming available for the Troopers, but I liked the look of the profile and figured I'd give them a shot. Have to say I am very impressed with both the product and this new (I think?) company.

A note on the run time here. I started this product a few days prior to marking it in my Trooper dashboard. Actual run time was 12/29 - 1/26.

What I really care about most in my intra-workouts/BCAA suppleme...

What I really care about most in my intra-workouts/BCAA supplements is the actual dosing of BCAAs. 5g of essential BCAAs per serving has been clinically proven to be the minimum effective dose for an average-sized human.

AminoZone provides this standard 5g BCAA per scoop, as well as 1.5g of Taurine (a non-essential amino acid - the body produces it naturally). Additionally this product contains electrolytes and hydration support to assist in recovery and boost stamina. While the profile is overall impressive, I wouldn't mind an increase in dosage to a few of the ancillary ingredients. Nutrex's Charger, my new fav go-to BCAA product, provides more sodium, chloride, and potassium per scoop than AminoZone, however AZ does have a higher dose of coconut powder. A small note, and the fact I'm comparing AZ to what I feel is one of the best BCAA supplements on the market should provide insight into how much I liked AminoZone.

This is the ideal profile for an intraworkout BCAA product in my opinion. A clinically proven dose of BCAAs and hydration support. Nothing else. No additional stimulants or stress relief complexes or anything like that.

I requested and received the "Rainbow Italian Ice" flavor. I wasn't sure what it would taste like when I ordered it, and it's somewhat hard to describe now. Definitely a refreshing fruit punch with strong citrus flavors. Overall I loved it. Very tasty and easy to sip throughout my workouts.

On workout days I'd throw a heaping scoop in 32oz. of water and sip throughout my workout. On non-lifting days I'd still have one serving in the AM. I'm in a fasted state in the mornings so I always make sure I'm getting at least 5g BCAA into my system during that period.

Read any of my intraworkout reviews and you'll note I write the same thing in most of them. I personally can't tell the difference between most BCAA products. I notice a difference in my recovery time and the amount of DOMS I experience when I'm taking a BCAA versus when I'm not, but not usually between individual supplements. AminoZone performed as expected in this category. I noticed the traditional decrease in DOMS and slight improvement in recovery.

Considering I'm now running a BCAA product that does not contain hydration support, I'll note how much this makes a difference to me. I've noticed in transitioning off of AminoZone how much I miss that extra stamina boost. I'm just not able to hit those last few sets in my workout with quite the same level of intensity. Again, I'm talking a small effect overall, but still noticeable.

Most solid BCAA supplements will cost you around .80c per serving. Some of the flashier products with broader ingredient profiles will run you closer to $1.00 per scoop (or more). Unfortunately price is the only weakness of AminoZone; it's only available through Destine's own website at a steep cost of $44 for a tub / $1.50 per serving.

I'm assuming this partially because Destine is a relatively new company, thus their products aren't available on major retail sites just yet. We all know a vendor's own website is often the most expensive place to purchase supplements.

Side Effects

Conclusion

This is a strong recovery product with a great profile and effective dosing of all ingredients. The price point is hard to swallow, but my hope is that, as Destine expands, so too will the availability and affordability of their product line. This is absolutely a company I am keeping my eye on, and I recommend everyone else do the same.

On a final note, I was impressed with the response time Destine had to my opting in for this product. Within an HOUR of requesting it via the Trooper site, I received confirmation it had already been shipped. That's the fastest response I've ever seen from a company in fulfilling a Trooper order. Commendable service.

Thanks to NutraBio for sending it out!
  January 29, 2018

Pros:
 Cons:
  • No Prop Blends
  • Increased Recovery
  • Taurine Dose Too High
  • Highly Overpriced
  • Does Not Make Sense
  • Unable To Saturate Creatine

As I've written in other reviews, I've been impressed with the NutraBio products I've had the opportunity to try, and although it's not the type of product I generally jump for, I was still interested in running their CGT Max. I'm going to say right now, my review of this supplement is completely contrary to EVERY OTHER review that's been posted. I'm sorry I'm just not drinking the NutraBio kool-aid on this one. I simply do not understand the overwhelmingly positive marks for a product that, quite honestly, doesn't make sense to me.

CGT Max ...

CGT Max is a three ingredient complex. Other reviewers provided significant detail on each ingredient in this product, how Nutrobio processes it, how the supplement actually works, and so on. I'm going to do my best to summarize key points here.

Creatine - 5g per scoop / 10g daily dose. Resynthesizes ATP which is the "power" that drives muscular energetics. Supplementation is designed to increase intramuscular creatine stores which in turn improves performance and the increase of fat free mass. Usually you want a week long loading phase of creatine in which you take in ~20g daily. Once saturated, 5g/day is a common baseline "maintenance" dosing. At the 10g you get from CGT, a person of my weight (200lbs) isn't taking in enough creative from this product alone to reach full saturation in a week's time, which is one of the main goals of actually supplementing creatine.

Glutamine - 4g per scoop / 8g daily dose. Conditionally essential amino acid. Touted as a muscle builder and recovery agent, but research is inconclusive with respect to these sort of effects on healthy individuals. Recommended dose of 5g or higher daily. The 8g per day being served up by CGT Max is solid.

Taurine - 2g per scoop / 4g daily dose. Has a lot of uses, but primarily touted for its protective properties and ability to fight muscle fatigue. 3g daily is really the highest recommended dose I could find, and some articles warned against supplementing at higher than 3gs for long periods of time. I doubt running 4g daily for 20 days, which is what you're getting with CGT Max, would be truly harmful, but I am scratching my head some as to why this wasn't scaled back or excluded altogether.

I struggled to dose CGT Max consistently considering its two-a-day dosing protocol. I always took in one scoop sometime in the AM, but had a handful of days where I missed my afternoon dose. In order to be truly transparent, I share this as it may have played a role in the effects I felt from this product.

I received the Lemon Lime flavor and found it to be fairly standard. A little tart, but not overly so. A good option if you like that flavor.

One scoop mixed up fairly well in 32oz. of water. Some slight grittiness at the end of the drink, but overall no major issues.

As I stated, I'm stunned by the reviews for CGT. I have a LOT of respect for NutraBio and have written some very favorable reviews of their products but CGT Max fell flat for me. I didn't experience any noticeable difference in my performance in the month I ran this product. Sure, I had some workouts where the reps came easier, but nothing so consistent where I could say with certainty that CGT Max was the cause. Same deal for recovery, which has been solid for me for the past month as I've transitioned back into working out five days a week. Even so, I attribute that more to the intraworkout/BCAA products I was supplementing. Yes, the additional 8g Glutamine likely helped, but only marginally so.

As I got into in the Profile section, the creatine dosage was not high enough to reach full saturation levels for an individual of my weight. I've honestly never been a strong responder to creatine supplements as is, but I was still hoping to get SOME sort of positive muscle output from CGT. That just wasn't the case.

The Taurine dosage is also bothering me. 4g is high and that's not taking into consideration other products in your stack. It's fairly common to get 1-2g of Taurine per serving in both intraworkouts and preworkouts, thus you could be looking at a really high daily dose of 8g or more. You just don't need to supplement Taurine as a stand-alone provided you are running a basic supplement stack.

$20 for 40 scoops with a recommended dose of 2 scoops daily so $1.00 per dose. WHY? WHY WOULD YOU BUY THIS? See my overall comments below.

Side Effects

Conclusion

At the end of the day, I'm not buying the functionality of this product. It's not going to replace your standard intraworkout BCAA supplement. You don't need the additional 4g of Taurine most likely. The creatine dosage doesn't allow for customization or saturation. Really the only winner here is the Glutamine and do you really want to pay $1.00 a scoop for Glutamine?

Here's an alternative: for $33 you can go get 100 servings of NutraBio's Glutamine AND Creatine supplements. That's .33c per day for maintenance dosing / around .60c per day for loading dosing and 10g Glutamine daily. GO THIS ROUTE.

I can see no viable reason why I would recommend CGT Max. NutraBio is still a great company and makes outstanding supplements, but that doesn't mean that every single thing they produce is flawless.

Thanks to Platinum Labs for sending it out!
  January 22, 2018

Pros:
 Cons:
  • No Proprietary Blends
  • Great Profile And Dosages
  • Appetite Suppression
  • Fat Loss
  • Very Affordable

Having kids will make you fat, I swear. I've been fighting that issue for months now and, seeing as how I like Platinum Labs and their products, snatched up a tub of OptiBurn when it opened up to the Troopers.

Props to Platinum Labs for a fully disclosed profile, even with this product. Thermos are notorious for having lengthy prop blends of dozens of ingredients, making it essentially impossible to determine whether a product is appropriately dosed or not. Platinum Labs doesn't pull this stunt, and it is part of the reason I've grown to appreciate this company.

Some of the other reviews below mine go into great detail on each individual ingredient. That's not really my style so if you want that breakdown, keep scrolling to bzyczek's review.

OptiBurn serves up a suite of stimulants, appetite suppressants, diuretics, and general fat loss support agents. I can do without the CLA and raspberry ketones; both of which need to be dosed for months on end to have an impact on weight loss. The stim-profile is right on point. A good energy kick without overloading you and causing jitters. The dandelion extract and horsetail extract are both solid, proven diuretics and dosed appropriately.

But the stars here, and the reason this supplement is top notch, are the inclusion of NALC and African mango extract. NALC is a commonly used supplement for weight loss and increases the mitochondria's ability to burn fat, but the 2000mg included in OptiBurn is a great dose. Standard doses start at 500mg daily, and you see a lot of supplements messing around in that range. Not so here. Same deal for African mango, which is a relatively recent addition to a long line of "miracle" fat burners. Still, this supplement has thus far shown some impressive results, and a 300mg dose is on the upper end of the dosage spectrum.

On non-workout days, I dosed one scoop in 16oz. of water in the morning in place of my usual morning coffee. On workout days, because I lift in the morning and didn't want to stack the stims here on top of a preworkout, I'd usually drink down my dose something in the early afternoon. I received the Australian Summer flavor which was a refreshing, citrus-based fruity flavor. Strong orange and lemon flavors primarily. Very tasty. Mixability wasn't an issue. The powder dissolves fairly easily with minimal shaking. There was usually a small amount of residue at the bottom of my shaker bottle, but it was an easy last sip. Not overly gritty.

This is one of the most effective weight loss products I've tried. During my run on OptiBurn, I went from an average weight in of 217-219lbs, to a low of 209lbs. That's the lowest I've been in years. Unfortunately my results were short-lived as I immediately gained that weight back during the holiday stretch, however if I'd been more disciplined I do think I would have kept those pounds off (although obviously some of that loss was expressed water weight). I'm primarily attributing this progress to the appetite suppression qualities of the supplement. While I do think the product overall supports fat loss, it was this specific effect that made it easier for me to manage my caloric intake.

To elaborate further, this stuff MURDERS your appetite, which was fantastic for me as it made the end of my fasting period that much easier to get through. Honestly there were days when I came out of a 14 hour fast not hungry at all, and that's usually not the case. I know African mango is touted for having this property, but I was still surprised at how strongly and consistently I felt this effect.

Aside from appetite suppression, I didn't notice any other immediate effects. The stim profile is solid and provides good energy, but nothing more powerful than I'd traditionally get from my morning coffee. I can't say I felt any true thermogenic effect, certainly nothing like the old OxyElite Pro. Same for enhanced mood. Nothing. But honestly, if a burner helps me lose weight without making me feel uncomfortable or enhancing my mood, that's fine by me!

Most fat burners are in the ballpark of $1.00 per day. Now, Platinum Labs' products are not widely available, but I found OptiBurn on luckyvitamin.com for an INSANE $26 for 45 servings. That's .58c per scoop. Fantastic value for this product considering its effectiveness and dosage amounts.

Side Effects

Conclusion

There's a reason this is currently the #1 rated thermogenic on SR out of nearly 100 products. It's properly dosed across the board, has a robust ingredient profile, tastes good, and can be bought for half the price of most competitor products. This is a no brainer. Go get a tub of this today.

Thanks to Nutrex for sending it out!
  December 27, 2017

Pros:
 Cons:
  • Hydration Support
  • Reduced DOMS
  • Improved Recovery
  • Intraworkout Stamina

Apologies for the double review. I believe I submitted a review for the wrong product the first time around. Leaving it to the admins to determine which is appropriate.

I've was really impressed with Nutrex's Outlift and jumped at the chance to run a tub of their intraworkout product - Amino Charger. I'm a big BCAA guy and a fan of constantly supplementing BCAAs for overall health and recovery.

Charger hits you with 6g essential amino acids. Not the strongest dosing I've had in an intraworkout, but certainly acceptable. Additionally this product contains electrolyte and hydration complexes to assist in recovery and boost stamina. Overall the profile is impressive. A robust collection of core minerals and electrolytes as well as a clinical dose of BCAAs. Well done.

I requested and received the "Cosmic Burst" flavor which has generic square candies on the label. What a surprise, it tasted like Starbursts and I loved it. AWESOME flavor. Definitely on the sweet side but just tart and fruity and really good. Easy to drink.

On workout days I'd throw a heaping scoop in 32oz. of water and sip throughout my workout. On non-lifting days I'd still generally have one serving in the AM to support hydration (and give my water some delicious flavoring).

I personally can't tell the difference between most BCAA products. I notice a difference in my recovery time and the amount of DOMS I experience when I'm taking a BCAA versus when I'm not, but not usually between individual supplements. Amino Charger performed as expected in this category. I noticed the traditional decrease in DOMS and slight improvement in recovery.

Where Charger really shines is intraworkout support. The hydration and electrolyte complexes do work. They ensured I was hitting my workouts hard and gave me that little extra stamina for an additional 15 minutes of cardio. I also played a few soccer games while running this product and, again, I absolutely noticed a difference in my stamina and ability to keep up an intense level of play. Good stuff.

Most solid BCAA supplements will cost you around .80c per serving. Some of the flashier products with broader ingredient profiles will run you closer to $1.00 per scoop (or more), but the pricing for Amino Charger is well it's random. I found 30 serving tubs at a price of $27 to $45. It seems like the flavor is the driver of cost with Cosmic Burst being more expensive. On BB.com you can grab a tub of either Mango Berry or Peach Pineapple for $27, which equates to a well-priced .90c per serving (plus I'm betting you can score some discounts).

Side Effects

Conclusion

This is a strong recovery product with an outstanding profile and effective dosing of all ingredients. I loved the flavor I received and immediately went out and bought another tub. Charger has quickly risen to the top of the heap in turns of my favorite intraworkouts, and I'd absolutely recommend it to anybody.

December 21, 2017

Pros:
     Cons:
    • Hydration Support
    • Reduced DOMS
    • Improved Recovery
    • Intraworkout Stamina

(About yourself, 1-3 sentences maximum)

Charger hits you...

(About yourself, 1-3 sentences maximum)

Conclusion

Thanks to BioWar Nutrition for sending it out!
        December 21, 2017

Pros:
       Cons:
      • Good Pump
      • Improved Focus
      • Mental Clarity
      • Disclosed Ingredients
      • Severe Clumping

Happy holidays! Time to drop my review on ImplosionX; a preworkout that caught my eye due to its strong nootropic profile.

Fully disclosed and mostly effectively dosed. As others have pointed out the 6g of Citrulline Malate are solid as is the 1.25g of Betaine. 250mg of caffeine is a really nice dose and is complimented by Rauwolfia/yohimbe, creating a strong enough stimulant profile for consistent preworkout users, but not so overpowering as to give someone the jitters or a harsh stim-crash.

The nootropic profile is where this product st...

The nootropic profile is where this product stands out IMO. 10mg huperzine A and 20mg noopept are solid dosages, plus there's 200mg of Alphasize GPC as a compliment. I'd like to see the dose of Alphasize upped a bit to 300mg, but otherwise this is the part of the profile that attracted me to this product.

I received the Pink Lemonade flavor and thought it was on point. A good blend of sweet and tart. Yes, there's that artificial tang to the taste that usually results from the inclusion of sucralose, but it didn't bother me.

My biggest issue with this product was the clumping. When I received the tub more than half of it had hardened into large chunks. I had to spend considerable time breaking down these clumps and clots in order to get enough powder to actually pull out a full scoop of product. I continued to have this problem despite storing it in the fridge as instructed. I guess this is an indication of the purity and dosage of the nootropics in this supplement, but it was a bit annoying.

On workout days I mixed one heaping scoop with 16oz. of water and sipped on the way to the gym. Once I was able to actually get a scoop of powder into my shaker it dissolved easily with no foaming and minimal residue.

As I expected ImplosionX shined for me with its ability to induce a focused, "in the zone" state. I really felt dialed in on days taking this product. You know those workouts where, all of a sudden, you're like six songs into your playlist and you feel like you just started working out? That's what most days felt like on ImplosionX. High marks here.

The stim profile was enough to give a good kick, but is basically on par with most other similar products. Good, but nothing crazy. Same for the pumps. I definitely noticed the tightness caused by the CM but again feel this level of pump is what I generally expect from most decent preworkouts.

As my sessions are hypertrophy-focused, I can't say I noticed a difference in strength.

The industry average for preworkouts, from my research, is right around $1.00. If you want to go for a product that uses only high quality, clinically dosed ingredients (Outlift for example) you can expect to pay closer to $1.75 per scoop. ImplosionX is not widely available, and currently you can only purchase it from Biowar's own site at $40 for 30 scoops / $1.33 per serving.

This is a bit high for my liking, but I wouldn't call it overpriced. ImplosionX's profile isn't as complete as some of the other products on the market, and I do think there are a few similar options that will cost you a bit less, but this is still a relatively competitive price point (considering its effectiveness for me that is).

Side Effects

Conclusion

Biowar has a solid product on their hands. I picked it up purely because I wanted a focus-heavy preworkout and that's exactly what I received. It's not my favorite product I've ever tried, but overall I enjoyed it and would recommend it to a seasoned lifter seeking a strong mental clarity/focus-powered preworkout supplement.

Thanks to NutraBio for sending it out!
        November 29, 2017

Pros:
       Cons:
      • Hydration Support
      • Joint Support
      • Effective Dosages
      • Improved Recovery
      • I Hate Sweet Tea

As I've written in other reviews, I'm a fan of constantly supplementing BCAAs for overall health and recovery. I've been impressed with the other NutraBio products I've had the opportunity to try, and jumped at the chance to IntraBlast (especially considering how much positive press it's garnered on this site).

Sincere apologies to NutraBio for the delay in posting of this write-up.

Sincere apologies to NutraBio for the delay in posting of this write-up.

All I really care about in my intra-workouts/BCAA supplements is the actual dosing of BCAAs. 5g of essential BCAAs per serving has been clinically proven to be the minimum effective dose for the average human (at least, that's what I've found in my research). I typically like to dose at closer to 7-8gs twice a day.

IntraBlast does it right with a solid 7.2g of essential BCAAs per scoop. Outstanding. Additionally, this product is loaded with other goodies including Glutamine, non-essential BCAAs, and electrolyte/hydration support. Pound for pound one of the best intraworkout ingredient profiles on the market today.

I believe I requested Orange Mango or something along those lines. I got Sweet Tea. SWEET. TEA. I HATE sweet tea. I actually groaned when I opened up the box and saw that flavor on the label. That said it wasn't terrible. Has a somewhat generic sweet taste that isn't overpowering. Yes, does have some tea flavoring, but since I was mixing each scoop in 32oz. of water it wasn't strong. Would I order this flavor again? Hell no. But if you like sweet tea then this is a nice alternative to the standard blue raspberry and fruit punch flavors.

I mixed one scoop in my Nalgene bottle and sipped throughout my workout. As is the case with well-dosed BCAA products, there is some foaming and bubbling, but the powder fully dissolved within a few minutes.

I personally can't tell the difference between most BCAA products. I notice a difference in my recovery time and the amount of DOMS I experience when I'm taking a BCAA versus when I'm not, but not usually between individual supplements. That said, IntraBlast really shines here. I noticed a significant difference in my DOMS. I'd actually just finished a tub of Amino Pro prior to this product, and if you read my review you'll see that I complained about the low dosing of BCAAs and my subsequent jump in DOMS when running that supplement. IntraBlast got me right back on track.

I also liked IntraBlast as an intra-workout fatigue fighter. The dosage of sodium and potassium (common electrolytes) is solid. I also appreciated the inclusion of Glutamine. While I don't have any issues with joint pain, I still felt good knowing I was getting extra support in that area.

Most solid BCAA supplements will cost you around .80c per serving. Some of the flashier products with broader ingredient profiles will run you closer to $1.00 per scoop (or more). This is the case with IntraBlast. At ~$37 for 30 scoops, you're paying around $1.23 per workout. That said, I would argue that what you're getting is worth the extra expense. You don't need to be concerned about supplementing additional BCAAs (as you do with some other products), you're getting the added bonus of anti-fatigue and hydration support for more intense workouts, and you're getting joint support.

Side Effects

Conclusion

This is a strong recovery product with an outstanding profile and effective dosing of all ingredients. As is the case with most NutraBio supplements, you know exactly what you're getting and getting exactly what you need. Yes, you're paying a little extra for the quality, but on the whole this is a product I would wholeheartedly recommend to fitness enthusiasts at any level.

Thanks to Mugen Holdings for sending it out!
        November 13, 2017

Pros:
       Cons:
      • Did Not Get Sick

I'm a believer in consistently taking a daily multivitamin in order to ensure you're meeting core nutritional needs. I usually stick to a basic, one-pill multi with a relatively simple ingredient profile (ON's Opti-Men is my go-to) and considering Mugen's ENDO fits that description, I jumped at the chance to give it a run. Apologies to Mugen for the delay in posting this review.

A quick note: I view multi-vitamins the same way I view protein - as a mandatory dietary staple; not a product I expect will take me to the next level. Thus it makes this particular category rather difficult to review.

ENDO has a fairly simple ingredient profile, especially compared to some of the more aggressive "paks" on the market. As other reviewers have pointed out, some of the dosages are lighter than other multi-vitamins, particularly Vit A and K2. Where Mugen really shines is in its serving of the various Vitamin B's, Folate, and Zinc, and is otherwise very similar in profile to Opti-Men. There're very few of the flashy additives like Korean Ginseng or Raw Oyster Extract (yes, a real ingredient), but personally I prefer Mugen's approach here. Give me solid dosings of core vitamins and I'm all set.

As with all vitamins, pills simply are not a good delivery method of vitamins. They don't trigger digestion and thus aren't absorbed as efficiently (which is why it's always recommended to take vitamins with meals). To compensate for this most multis contain a greater than required amount of core ingredients. Additionally, the recommended daily value doesn't account for factors such as body mass and metabolism, thus I personally prefer a vitamin profile that includes higher doses of vital, water-soluble vitamins.

No issues at all. Two easy to swallow caps with no powder burps or overly strong odor/taste. I usually took my two caps with dinner. This was a nice change from the massive Vital4U packs I'd been taking prior to running this supplement.

As stated, it's rather difficult to gauge a vitamin's effectiveness. Did I notice a SIGNIFICANT difference taking ENDO compared to Opti-Men or another multi? Not really. I will say that my mornings were generally "better" after I'd been on this product for a week. Just a slight uptick in energy and an overall sense of good health and well-being (bit hard to describe). I'm attributing this effect due to the aggressive dosing of B-vitamins in ENDO. I did not get ill while running this product, which was another plus considering the sharp weather shift we experienced here in New England last month. All in all this performed well and was actually more noticeable in terms of effects than some of the other vitamin products I've tried recently.

The industry norm for a men's multi is roughly .50c per dose, with the more aggressive "packs" running closer to $1.00 per day. I could only find Mugen's ENDO for $35 for 30 days, a steep $1.17 per dose. This is actually the same price as Vital 4U's 14 pill vitamin pack in which you are getting a LOT more for the money. You can grab a big bottle of Opti-Men, 80 servings, for $37 - that's .46c per day.

For me, this is ENDO's shortfall. It's simply too expensive. Yes, the ingredients appear to be quality and the profile is solid, but it's essentially double the price of other multivitamins.

Side Effects

Conclusion

This is a solid effective multi that I would absolutely purchase were it not for the high price point. I can't rationalize paying more than double for a 30 day supply of ENDO compared to Opti-Men considering the profiles are very similar. I'd recommend it as a good product, but there are far less expensive options on the market.

Thanks to VMI Sports for sending it out!
        November 2, 2017

Pros:
       Cons:
      • Increases Libido
      • Increases Test
      • Dry Look
      • Lean And Hard Physique
      • Joint Dryness
      • Potentially Low Dose

As I've gotten older I've made the decision to mostly stay away from the various categories of hormone-affecting supplements. But when I read through all the stellar reviews of VMI's Arimistane, I knew I had to give it a go.

As reviews below summarize, Arimisitane is an Aromatase Inhibitor (AI) that acts by binding to androgens and preventing estrogen conversion, while also preventing rises in cortisol levels. In doing so an AI creates a testosterone-friendly environment in the body thus supporting a leaner, harder physique along with various other benefits. It's a versatile supplement and can be used as a stand-alone, as part of a PCT program to counteract the shutdown effects of a hard PH, or while actually on-cycle in order to keep estrogen levels low and preemptively avoid PCT problems.

VMI's Arimistane (Androsta-3, 5-diene-7, 17-dione) bottle is 60 caps at 25mg each. I followed the dosing instructions of 4 days at 25mg and then ~3.5 weeks at 50mg. In my opinion this is a light dosage as I was running this as a stand-alone product. Most research I've read suggests a more effective dose is 100mg-200mg daily for four-to-six weeks.

Most days I took my dose before my evening meal as I don't eat in the mornings. On lifting days I took my dose 20-30 minutes pre-workout. Very easy to swallow caps. No issues at all with powder burps or indigestion.

Everyone raves about this product and while I will say that I enjoyed it and felt its effects, I would run it differently in the future and would experiment with 75mg-150mg doses.

It took about five days before I started noticing the effects of Arimistane. Most noticeably for me were an increase in libido and uh hardness. Not that this is a problem for me, but my soldier was absolutely getting some backup from this AI.

The leaning out, dryness, and muscle hardness effects I started experiencing more towards the end of week two, and honestly these were not as pronounced for me as there were for other users. Noticeable? Yes. But nothing dramatic. I'm wondering if this is because of my size. At 6'1", 215lb.; I'm larger than the average adult male, and as mentioned I think I would have seen stronger effects in this area if I had upped the dosage. I also would have liked to have run this for closer to six weeks as it felt as though I was continuing to experience a slight improvement in these categories the longer I was on Arimistane.

Nothing noticeable for me in terms of gym stamina or strength, but as I've written in other reviews I mostly lift to maintain my size and general health. No power lifting or maxing out here. I've also been struggling with rotator cuff inflammation which meant I was limited in my workouts part of the time I was on Arimistane.

Value is decent. Overall you're getting 1,500mg of Arimistane in a $25-$30 bottle. If you get a full 30 days out of a single bottle, this is a good deal. If you're like me and probably need a higher dose, $25 for two and a half weeks is a bit steep. There's a few other AIs on the market worth considering. MAN's Nolvadren XT nets you 2,100mg of Arimistane in it's 28 serving bottle, plus a bunch of other goodies. ELIM1NATE by Olympus Labs serves up 25mg caps as well, but gives you a 200 cap bottle option (5,000mg Arimistane) for only $35. Long story short, VMI has a good product here that is fairly priced, but there's some strong competition if you want to shop around.

Side Effects

I had some joint dryness, particularly in my knees, in the first two weeks on this product. It did seem to abate after those two weeks. Not a big problem.

Conclusion

This is a good supplement that can support a variety of goals. Clearly the product is quality and the price point is competitive. I would absolutely recommend it to just about any experienced lifter. But don't be afraid to explore other options. There's some solid other AIs on the market that have some additional appeal in my opinion.

Overall
      Overall
      Thanks to Micronamin for sending it out!
        October 20, 2017

Pros:
       Cons:
      • Well Priced
      • Convenient
      • Hydration Recovery
      • General Health Support
      • Hydration Support
      • Poor Packet Design
      • Horrible Taste

I'm a big believer in BCAA supplementation and appreciate those products that include hydration-focused ingredients. But when I saw a straight up, electrolyte-only supplement, I knew I had to give it a try. I don't use Gatorade or Propel or any of the commercial sports drinks and usually rely solely on my intra-workout and regular water to keep me hydrated.

Micronamin's Reload is solid profile of core electrolytes and minerals i.e. potassium, sodium, calcium, and magnesium. Most ingredients are well dosed - you're not getting the full daily recommended value, but that's not exactly what you want in a hydration supplement. Your regular diet, multi-vitamin, and other supplements are likely also containing some dosage of these vitamins and minerals, and you certainly don't want to overdo it with supplements like sodium or calcium.

Reload supports the body in maintaining a proper fluid balance and supporting general health, and does so without any of the sugars or carbs one generally finds in a sports drink. Overall I thought the profile was solid. A good mix of key ingredients that one would expect to find in this type of product.

I also received the Lemon Lime flavor and, to be honest, I hated it. The taste is very strong and tart, even in 32 oz. of water. But what bothered me most was the aftertaste. Every sip gave me this acidic, medicinal aftertaste that would stick in the back of my throat, often times for hours after I had already finished a dose of Reload.

Mixability was decent. There was always some residue in the bottom of my bottle no matter how much I shook it up, meaning that last sip was usually gritty and powerful tasting.

I did appreciate the convenience factor of this supplement. The individual packets were nice to have and I always had a few of them on me for if I wanted a dose at work, on the weekends, etc. The packets themselves need a better design - they're difficult to open without the use of scissors.

I used this supplement for a variety of purposes. I tried it for intra-workout and post-workout hydration support. I'd dose it on off-days or in the AM. I'd toss a packet in a bottle and sip it while doing yard work. But my favorite use? After a good night of drinking. Had a few days where I woke up feeling less than 100% due to the night before and absolutely felt significantly better once I'd drunk down a dose of Reload. Honestly this was, in my case, the most prominent example of the effectiveness of this supplement. It was clear to me this delivers on its claims of providing recovery and all-day hydration.

One other note; this is a nice supplement to sip intra-workout. It provides a good mid-workout boost and keeps your endurance up. Reload is not providing the same level of DOMS recovery as a proper BCAA product, but I thought it was a good option for cardio days. Again, my only gripe was the damn taste. Ugh.

A box of 50 packets can be had on Amazon for $32 / 0.64c per packet. I personally think this is well priced. Most solid BCAA products with an electrolyte profile will cost you between .80c-$1.00 per scoop. Of course a .64c packet of Reload is a hell of a lot cheaper than a bottle of Gatorade, not to mention much healthier. I don't mind paying a few cents extra per packet for the convenience factor either.

Side Effects

Awful acidic aftertaste.

Conclusion

All in all this is a good product with a variety of uses. I'm looking at picking up another box in either Orange or Pink Lemonade though, as the Lemon Lime receives very low marks from me. But otherwise I would absolutely recommend this product to anyone interested in general hydration support. Great option for those trying to get off of sports drinks but need their water to be flavored. Even my MOM liked this product. She's a big user of electrolyte supplements (she lives in Florida and does a ton of gardening) so I gave her a few packets to try. She enjoyed it more so than I did. Good stuff.