Cray

SR TROOPer

• Member has been active for 7 years, and was last online this week
  • Linked social media account

Reviews by Cray

(Thanks to Gamma Labs for sending it out!)
----Introduction----
I am an avid gamer - have been for years. I've played over 3,500 hours of DOTA2. Put 150 into the Witcher 3 and all the expansions. Have played most of the classics, i.e. Skyrim, Mass Effect, AC, Batman, etc., and I literally, just last night, finished Horizon Zero Dawn (amazing btw). I've been intrigued by the sudden infusion of gamer-focused supplements into the supplement industry, and jumped at the chance to try Gamma Lab's G FUEL in the hopes it would make me less of a trash player.

----Ingredient Profile----
G FUEL contains, for the most part, your basic pre-wo...

----Ingredient Profile----
G FUEL contains, for the most part, your basic pre-workout ingredients i.e. Taurine, L-Tyrosine, Choline Bitrate, and so on. The profile is a mashup of several proprietary blends, making it difficult to determine if everything is dosed at an effective level. They do disclose the dosage of caffeine per serving (150mg), and there's also a massive antioxidant blend you know to help out those gamers.

All in all I liked the profile. The caffeine dosage is appropriate - you don't want to be cracked out while gaming, and their Focus Complex contains all the major players for that type of prop blend. Good stuff.

----Taste/Mixability/Dosing----
There's 17 (jesus christ) different flavors of G FUEL. I requested and received the Fazeberry flavor, which is a mashup of pomegranate, blueberry, and strawberry. Friggin delicious. Not overly sweet or tart. Not too aggressively flavored. Gamma Labs nailed the flavoring of Fazeberry.

As for dosing, I'll admit I didn't always use this supplement for its marketed purposes. A few times I did throw a scoop into 32oz. of water and sip while playing games, but most of the time I used this as a mid-day coffee substitution and would have a scoop at work around 2PM.

No issues with mixability or grittiness. Dissolves quickly and easily.

----Effectiveness----
My main online battle game right now is For Honor (Dues Vult) and I'm pretty good (I main a prestige rep 5 Peacekeeper w/ ~65% PVP win rate). Did I notice a positive different sipping G FUEL while playing well, yes, however I generally drink when I'm gaming, so obviously one would expect me to play better while not drinking. Still, I give G FUEL some credit. It lives up to its claim of providing a quick burst of clean energy with no crash or jitters. I didn't notice major changes to my concentration, but that's not an issue for me when I'm playing - I'm always zoned in. My reaction time isn't great as is, and it's particularly not great once I've got a few whiskeys in me (I know, surprising), I did play better those times I had some G FUEL in me.

Aside from gaming, I LOVED this as a mid-day boost. Just the right amount of caffeine and focus boost to get me through a tough workday. I had no problems skipping an afternoon coffee the days I took G FUEL.

----Value----
G FUEL comes in individual packets and standard tubs of product. I'm skipping the individual packets - I don't see any reason why you'd buy this version unless you're desperate for a transportable and convenient pouch. The tub of 40 scoops will run you $28 on AllStarHeath - a per scoop cost of .70c. This is below the preworkout industry norm of ~.75c-$1.00 per serving, which is appropriate considering G FUEL's profile isn't as robust or concentrated as most standard preworkout products.

Personally I think this is an excellent price point for this product. Furthermore, if you're a gaming teenager (or anyone else) who regularly drinks energy drinks, this is an absolute must-buy. It's going to save you a ton of money and doesn't contain all the sugars, artificial sweeteners, and other garbage of most energy drinks.

No issues.

----Conclusion----
I really like with Gamma Labs did with G FUEL. It's effective, well-dosed, versatile, and affordable. My ONLY gripe - what the hell is up with the SCOOPER? It's got this weird funnel on it which makes getting a full scoop of product a pain in the ass. Get rid of that funnel Gamma Labs. Only noobs need assistance pouring their powder.

I don't see this being attractive to most lifters, and if you grabbed this product thinking it would work as a preworkout you're probably going to be disappointed. But for actual gamers or for people looking for a mid-day coffee/energy drink replacement, this is one product you need to check out.
 Pros:
 Cons:
  • Increased Focus
  • Great For Gaming
  • Great Alternative To Energy Drinks
  • Clean Energy
  • Amazing Taste
  • Affordable
  • Personally Insulted By Scooper
  • Prop Blends

(Thanks to NuLivScience for sending it out!)
----Introduction----
I'd run a preworkout that contained ActiGin (BuckedUp - which I rated a 9.0 in effectiveness), decided it would be worth supplementing it separately, and grabbed a bottle of NuLivScience's product when it popped up for the Troopers. I'm not usually one to stack a bunch of additional supplements on top of an already-complex preworkout, but I am glad I gave this a go.

----Introduction----

ActiGin is an exclusive ingredient researched and developed by NuLiv. They do market and sell the ingredient to other sports performance companies who utilize it in their own sports nutrition formulations, but are the only source to purchase ActiGin directly.

----Ingredient Profile----
First off, ActiGin is not a nutrient repartitioner (as it's currently categorized) and should be not be confused with AstraGin. ActiGin is an endurance and recovery supplement that claims to naturally load muscles with more glycogen and reduce inflammation. It is naturally derived from two plant sources and is an approved compound by all governing bodies (per NuLiv's website).

That said, there's no profile to examine. Each ActiGin pill contains 50mg of the product, which NuLiv claims is the minimum effective dose. As mentioned, this is straight from the original manufacturer and thus there should be no concerns regarding purity or product quality.

----Taste/Mixability/Dosing----
The pills are very small and easy to swallow. I usually took one pill about 30 minutes preworkout. To be fully transparent, I always took ActiGin along with a standard preworkout drink, however I had days where I regularly skipped my dose of ActiGin just to ensure I could delineate the effects I was feeling into those caused by ActiGin and those caused by the preworkout (if that makes sense).

No issues with powder burps or stomach discomfort or anything along those lines.

----Effectiveness----
ActiGin was bipolar for me. With respect to increased endurance, I noticed a marked effect. I was hitting workouts harder, cramming in extra sets, and working out for longer on the days when I dosed ActiGin. Honestly I was surprised at just how effective this product was for me in this respect. I usually don't feel much of an endurance-boosting effect from most supplements - it was one of the things I loved about BuckedUp - so I was obviously really happy with this result.

On the flip side, I felt no change in DOMS or my level of recovery. Now, I'm not hitting the gym as hard as I did when I was younger and didn't have kids. I still feel sore after a good workout, but we're not talking those brutal days where you have to manually lift your legs to get into your car. Perhaps higher-level athletes would feel more pronounced recovery effects from Actigin.

That said, I was really pleased with what I did get out of this product.

----Value----
ActiGin will cost you ~$26 for 60 pills, a per dose cost of .43c provided you feel effects from a single dose. NuLiv does recommend upping the dose to two pills if necessary. I never went that route, but obviously if you had to do so it would impact the value.

Considering this is the only vendor that sells this product directly, it's impossible for me to do my standard price comparison.

Personally I feel that $26 is a good price for 60 pills, especially if you only need one pill per dose. The effect is worth the money in my experience.

----Conclusion----
It was clear when I ran a tub of BuckedUp that something in the product hit me just right, and I'm almost certain now that it was the ActiGin. I loved the endurance boost I got from this product. It fell flat for me with respect to recovery, but I honestly didn't care and can see several scenarios in which I would recommend this product.

If you're trying to cut out stimulants, this is worth a look. If you're a junkie and want to stack "bonuses" on top of your preworkout, you need to give this a try. If you're one of those nutbags who cobbles up their own preworkout potion using raw ingredients - this is absolutely something to include. All in all, this is a solid and simple product that does what it's claimed to do and is available at a fair price. High marks from me.
  • Better Workouts
  • Stackable

(Thanks to VMI Sports Nutrition for sending it out!)
----Introduction----
Given the relatively high marks K-XR had received from other reviewers, I decided to snag a tub the next time it was made available for review. Can't get enough preworkout, ya feel me?

----Ingredient Profile----
K-XR is comprised of the usual suspects one finds in a preworkout, but hides actual dosages behind a series of prop blends. Not ideal but, since the blends are not overly complex, it looked to me as though the math added up and each ingredient was effectively and appropriately dosed.

My biggest gripe is the amount of caffeine is not fully disclosed. Nearly ...

----Ingredient Profile----

My biggest gripe is the amount of caffeine is not fully disclosed. Nearly all products I've tried recently do specify how much caffeine is included in each scoop, and thus I'm able to adjust dosages accordingly to fit my own sweet spot. VMI did put on the bottom of the label that approximately 400mg of caffeine is contained in each scoop, but I'd still prefer the exact amount to be disclosed within the supplement facts profile. I didn't even notice this line until about halfway through the tub.

----Taste/Mixability/Dosing----
Good lord. This is one of the most over-flavored, heavily dyed supplements I've come across in a while. I don't understand it. Why? Is there actually a demand for this? Do most lifters have the flavor palate of five-year-olds? Damn.

Anyway, I requested and received the Blueberry Razz flavor and I actually thought the base of the flavor was well done. Blueberry, coconut, and pineapple. Very nice but so overpowering. Even one scoop in 24oz. of water was a challenge. VMI sent sample packs of their other flavors which I also tried. Again, great bases - particularly the cherry lime Italian ice - but just too heavy and strong for my liking.

I usually mixed one heaping scoop with 24 oz. of water and sipped on my way to the gym. No issues with mixability or foaming.

----Effectiveness----
K-XR's big selling point is its "triple stage caffeine blend" which VMI touts as providing consistent and sustained high-level energy, a claim this product absolutely achieves. One scoop provides a solid boost of energy that, surprisingly, didn't leave me with the jitters (I sometimes have that problem with stim-heavy products). This is one of the better preworkouts I've tried with respect to consistently providing enough energy to last an entire 60 minute workout. Well done.

As for the focal/cognitive enhancement and intense pump blends, I found the effects to be fairly standard. Decent pumps and a slight focus boost. But honestly you're not buying this product for those features, though they are nice additions.

----Value----
For cost, I've found the industry pre-workout norm to be roughly .75c-$1.00 per serving. K-XR will cost you $30 for a tub of 30 servings via AllStarHealth, which is right on par with competitor supplements. It's also a true, one-scoop preworkout, so you're getting your money's worth with each serving.

----Side Effects----
No issues here aside from the occasional, what I like to call, preworkout evacuations.

----Conclusion----
If all you really want is for your preworkout to kick you straight in the face, K-XR is a solid option. Flavoring and dyes aside, I'd absolutely recommend this to lifters who train in longer sessions and need a long-lasting stimulant boost. As stated, that is really where this product shines. 400mg of caffeine is no joke though, so this is probably not great for supplement noobs and first timers. But for the rest of my stim-tolerant junkies, give K-XR a look. It's a good option if you're needing to change up your preworkout game.
 Pros:
 Cons:
  • Clean Energy
  • Consistent Throughout Workout
  • Long Last Energy
  • No Jitters Or Crashing
  • Dyes
  • Heavily Flavored
  • Proprietary Blends

(Thanks to Ronnie Coleman Signature Series for sending it out!)
----Introduction----
Can we all agree the fact Big Ron is active in this community is amazing? Just so cool.

Anyway, I really enjoyed the original Amino Tone and was excited to give this new version a run.

----Ingredient Profile----
AT+E is loaded up with goodies. It contains a 2:1:1 ratio of amino acids at a dosing of 5g per scoop, which is an appropriate and effective dosage. Also included are multiple vitamins, an energy complex comprised of green tea and green coffee extracts, fat loss support through raspberry ketones and L-alanine, and ingredients designed to improve endurance and performance i.e. taurine and potassium phosphate.

It's challenging to determine if everything is dosed at an effective level given there are multiple prop blends here, but really the reason you're buying this product is the BCAAs which we know are on point. Everything else is just a bonus and a nice one at that.

----Taste/Mixability/Dosing----
I did not request a flavor and ended up receiving the 50/50 Tea. This is honestly the last flavor I would have chosen. I am not a tea drinker and really can't stand iced tea. Fortunately the flavoring is well done. It's not overpowering and I ended up enjoying the funky lemonade taste. Not my first choice, but it's different and certainly worth a try if you like Arnold Palmers.

I also got a sample pack of America which tasted awesome.

Primarily I mixed one heaping scoop with 32 oz. of water and sipped throughout my workout. I'd also occasionally throw a scoop in my water bottle just to sip throughout the morning. No issues with clumping or mixability. There is the standard foaming that you should expect with any BCAA product, however give it a minute and the product dissolves nicely.

----Effectiveness----
This is great stuff. Loved it. I really noticed a difference in my endurance and ability to push through workouts, especially on days when I was feeling run down. It's not overpowering - AT+E gives you just enough to help you finish off your session once your preworkout has faded. It was also awesome as an early morning kick-off.

As for the "tone" aspect of the product - I didn't notice much effect but I wasn't expecting it to be honest. I appreciate the addition of some ingredients designed to support fat loss, but I don't think anyone is exploring this product for that feature alone.

----Value----
Right now AT+E will run you $30 for 30 scoops - $1.00 per serving. This is slightly above average when compared to competitor products which I generally found to be around .80c per serving. However you can grab AT+E on most major supplement sites and therefore can almost always get some sort of discount. Also, there's not yet a 90 serving tub of this product, but I know the larger tub of the standard Amino Tone goes for .78c per serving. If that pricing were to stay consistent the value would be outstanding.

Regardless, the price as is for AT+E is solid in my book considering everything extra you're getting from this product that generally won't be found in competitor BCAA supplements.

----Conclusion----
This is a great, versatile, effective intra-workout that I'd absolutely recommend to anyone. Everything about it is on point. The profile. The price. The flavors. Another winner from the RC Signature Series.
  • Good Tasting
  • Versatile

(Thanks to TOREM for sending it out!)
    ----Introduction----
    I was excited to grab a box of Torem's Necro-Adipem (will refer to as NA for short) as I'd been hunting for a solid, stim-free weight loss product to help me bounce back from the holiday slide. Thanks to Torem for sending it out and apologies for the delay in this review.

----Ingredient Profile----
    Torem does it right with a fully disclosed ingredient profile that is well-rounded, unique, proven, and, for the most part, effectively dosed. The only exception I found was the 100mg of Garcinia Cambogia. From my research, the recommended dosing of this supplement is 500mg-1000mg daily. Perhaps there is a reason for this dosage that Torem can explain. Otherwise, I've no complaints.

----Taste/Mixability/Dosing----
    As others have stated, the packaging and branding of this product is second to none. Absolutely ideal. Individual dosage packs ensure you never miss a dose. And it's honestly just really cool.

I followed the instructions and dosed two packets daily for 30 days. I usually took my first dose in the AM just before my morning protein shake, and my second dose about 30 minutes pre-dinner.

No issues at all with taste, gas, or any other side effects. This was especially nice considering the inclusion of cayenne extract. I've had uncomfortable esophageal burn from similar supplements that include this type of ingredient.

----Effectiveness----
    I'll admit, I did not give NA much support. Work has been insane and my wife and I are about to have our second baby, so I was struggling with my diet and exercise regimens. I was able to eat mostly clean and get into the gym 3-4 times a week, but I didn't make any significant lifestyle changes.

As such, I'm not surprised I didn't get as much out of Torem's NA as others did. My weight changed slightly over the course of the 30 days, ultimately landing a loss of ~2 pounds. A good result, but I was hoping for more. I will say that I did notice a more prominent "mirror-effect" and that I looked and felt leaner and less bloated.

I didn't notice any thermogenic effects from this product but that is possibly due to the fact that I never worked out after taking a dose. I lift in the early AM and would take my morning dose post-workout. Same for appetite suppression, but again I may not be the best gauge for this. I regularly practice a form of intermittent fasting and simply do not have any issues with hunger, binge-eating, or appetite.

----Value----
    Currently you can grab 60 packets of NA for $57. Assuming you take the recommended two packets daily, we're looking at a per day cost of $1.90. There's no way around it - that's expensive. The challenge here is there are very few products to compare from a value standpoint. I couldn't find a product that shared more than two ingredients with NA.

Still, most fat burners, stimulant-based or not, are in the ballpark of a cost of $1.00 per day. Not saying Torem's NA isn't worth the price, but for college kids and those with lean wallets, it may just be too expensive. Personally I'd likely pay this to try this product again, so long as I was moving forward with a dedicated diet and exercise plan. As I think my experience shows, this isn't that coveted magic pill that is going to melt fat while you do nothing. Such a product simply does not exist.

I understand much of the price is due to the packaging and the attempt to maximize convenience. That is all well and good and appreciated, but I think a more traditional bottled version sold at a cheaper price would be just as, if not more attractive to many potential buyers.

----Conclusion----
    Strong marks from me for this product for the most part. Its ranking as the current #1 stim-free fat loss product on this site is well deserved. It's versatile and well-rounded so as to be effective for a number of goals and for people of varying stages of fitness. The price point is going to be tough to swallow for some, and it's likely too expensive to be a staple in your supplement stack, but this is absolutely worth a look for those trying to stay away from stimulants while looking to do a hardcore cut.
     Pros:
     Cons:
    • Burns Fat
    • Stimulant Free
    • Enhances Definition
    • Convenient Packaging
    • Decreased Bloating
    • Effective Dosed
    • Potentially Too Expensive

(Thanks to Pumped Sports for sending it out!)
    ----Introduction----
    I was intrigued to try Loaded after seeing its current overall score on SR and the overwhelmingly positive reviews. I've had a mixed run of preworkouts these past few months, so I was excited to see what all the fuss was about with this product.

----Ingredient Profile----
    Pumped Sports does it right. A fully disclosed ingredient profile that is well rounded and robust. You've got your standard preworkout ingredients here i.e. Carnosyn, Caffeine, Taurine, and Agmatine Sulfate, as well as some fun additions like Hordenine HCl and Higenamine HCl (fat burning). For the most part everything is dosed at an effective level, though a bump in the dosage of Choline Bitartrate would be ideal.

In short, this is exactly the type of profile I'm looking for when browsing the vast selection of preworkouts on the market today.

----Taste/Mixability/Dosing----
    God bless Pumped Sports for staying away from dyes. I still struggle to understand why supplement companies think gym-goers have the palate of five year old kids. I don't need my blue raspberry flavored preworkout to turn my tongue blue and taste like Trix cereal extract. Ridiculous.

I received the Fruit Punch flavor. It's very nice. Not overpowering. No dyes as mentioned. Clean tasting. Mixes with no issues. One of the better fruit punch supplements I've tried. I usually mixed one heaping scoop with 24 oz. of water and sipped on my way to the gym.

----Effectiveness----
    Put simply, I loved this pre-workout. I am very stimulant tolerant, especially when it comes to caffeine, so I was pleasantly surprised by how much of a boost I got every time I dosed Loaded. Solid, clean energy every time. No crash. No jitters. No "cracked out" feelings. High marks in this category.

Aside from energy, Loaded is also one of the better "focusing" preworkouts I've had recently. Just about every dose had me dialed in and ready to go. Love that sensation. Pumps were OK, nothing spectacular. Agmatine doesn't always hit me in the right way I've found sometimes just depends on the day. Still a noticeable effect, just not "skin tearing" or anything along those lines.

----Value----
    For cost, I've found the industry pre-workout norm to be roughly .75c-$1.00 per serving. Loaded will cost you $35 for a tub of 30 servings, meaning it's per serving price point is slightly above the industry average. It's also only available through Tiger Fitness currently, so you may not have much luck with special deals or discounts.

Personally I tend to go for the pre-workouts that are on the cheaper end, however I think Loaded's price point is reasonable considering its effectiveness. It would really shine for me at $30 for a 30 serving tub.

----Side Effects----
    No issues here aside from the occasional, what I like to call, preworkout evacuation.

----Conclusion----
    Loaded gets high marks from me. I'm a firm believer that not every product, particularly pre-workouts, works for every individual, but Loaded is definitely one I recommend to anyone looking to step up their preworkout game. I love the way Pumped Sports put this product together - it's effectively dosed and very well rounded. You're not going to need to stack this with anything to get a high quality workout. Well done.
    • Improved Focus
    • Clean Profile
    • No Dyes
    • Well-Rounded
    • Consistently Effective
    • Slightly Expensive

(SR paid for product; Stance Supplements did not participate)
    ----Introduction----
    One of my New Year's resolutions was to do more cardio. I hate cardio but when I saw SR was offering the chance to try out Stance's stim-free Lipotropic, I figured I'd give it a shot and that it would help me stay motivated. Just to reiterate this fact - Lipotropic is stim-free though it is currently categorized under the "Stimulant" section of this site.

----Ingredient Profile----
    Each scoop of Lipotropic is 8 grams however the active ingredient blend is only 4.3g, meaning about half of each scoop is comprised of fillers (i.e. maltodextrin) and artificial sweeteners. Not ideal.

Aside from that fact, the core of the profile is solid - your standard natural vitamins, Chromium for blood sugar regulation, L-Carnitine for energy metabolism and mitochondrial support, Choline Bitartrate for brain function boosting, and Betaine HCL for power output and lean muscle generation.

Of course, considering these core ingredients are a prop blend (excluding Chromium), there's no way to tell if each ingredient is effectively dosed. The label does make clear you are getting 2g L-Carnitine and 400mcg Chromium per serving, both of which are solid dosages.

----Taste/Mixability/Dosing----
    I received the Strawberry Lemonade flavor. It's good but very strong and heavily sweetened. I played with this supplement a bit and found I greatly preferred the flavor when mixed with 32oz of water as opposed to 12-16oz.

I primarily used Lipotropic as a stand along preworkout and drank 20 minutes prior to working out. I tried stacking Lipotropic with a stim-based preworkout, and on occasion would throw a scoop into my water bottle and sip throughout the day.

No issues with mixability, clumping, or foaming.

----Effectiveness----
    As a standalone preworkout, Lipotropic is decent. I noticed a boost to my endurance and overall energy, and did feel as though it was helping me power through cardio sessions. Obviously, since this is stim-free, I found it more effective when I worked out midday and wasn't as reliant on a stim-kick to the face. I've slowly been working my way back from the holiday slide, and I'll Lipotropic some credit in driving me into longer, more intense cardio sessions. Exactly what it is designed to do.

Stacking Lipotropic with a second preworkout was also a decent experience, but I found it to be excessive. Just too much product for me to consume early in the morning on an empty stomach. Still it's a definite option for experienced supplementers.

And as a midday support supplement, Lipotropic really does not do anything other than give your water a nice flavor.

----Value----
    Unfortunately Lipotropic is currently only available via the manufacturer's website at a cost of $50 for 30 scoops. This equates to $1.66 per scoop, which is nearly double the preworkout industry average cost of .80c-$1.00 per scoop. Simply put, Lipotropic is nowhere near amazing enough to rationalize that price point. Were the cost of a tub a reasonable $30, then I'd find it to be a good value and worth considering.

No issues at all.

----Conclusion----
    This is an interesting take on preworkout that will likely be attractive to certain fitness enthusiasts. It's a good option for those hardcore cardio days or if you're taking a break from stimulants altogether, but still need SOMETHING preworkout. It's likely also a good option for you godless cross fit heathens. The only thing holding me back from giving this higher ratings is the price. Bring that down to a reasonable amount, and I'd boost this to a YES in terms of recommendation. As it is now, unless you're fortunate enough to have deep pockets and expendable income, this is simply too expensive to consider.
    • Improved Cardio Workouts
    • Excessive Sweeteners And Fillers

(Thanks to Micronamin for sending it out!)
    ----Introduction----
    Chocolate protein powder. Legit my favorite supplement of all time. I'm always excited to try out a new brand or a product with an interesting ingredient profile twist, and I appreciate Micronamin letting me give AR-15 a go.

----Ingredient Profile----
    Two scoops of AR-15 nets you 24g whey protein concentrate, 6g BCAAs, 5.5g glutamine, and an undisclosed dosage of creatine. All in all a nice profile. I appreciate the inclusion of both the BCAAs and the glutamine and the fact they are dosed at an effective level. Additional kudos for an *almost* fully disclosed ingredient profile. I appreciate seeing the dosages of the product's amino acid profile. My only gripe is the amount of creatine included isn't stated and, personally, I'd prefer not to have creatine added to my protein powder.

----Taste/Mixability/Dosing----
    As others have stated, taste and mixability need some work here. The chocolate flavor isn't awful, but the artificial sweetener is overpowering and adds an odd aftertaste when drunk with straight water. The taste improves dramatically when blended with coconut milk and banana.

Lots of issues with clumping, particularly around the mouth opening of the shaker cup. I tried to blend this whenever possible.

I primarily dosed two scoops in the AM regardless of whether or not I worked out. If I did lift, I would take post-workout.

----Effectiveness----
    I've always struggled with gauging the effectiveness of products like protein and multivitamins. In my opinion these are staples of a well-balanced diet and should be used in conjunction with a solid exercise regimen.

I will say that the holidays have taken their toll on me and I've not seen the progress in the gym that I'd like the opposite actually but AR-15 isn't to blame for any of that. I have been able to retain most of my strength and muscle mass these past few weeks, which I do attribute at least in part to regularly supplementing protein. Also I did notice a small decrease in my level of DOMS and overall soreness while on this product. Basically AR-15 is giving you exactly what you'd expect from your standard protein supplement.

A side note: I've never prescribed to the notion that you'll only see results from using a pure, high-quality protein. Some may be turned off by the fact that AR-15's sole source of protein is protein concentrate, however I'll honestly say that I didn't notice any difference in performance or gains while using this product compared to a blend containing whey isolate or something along those lines.

----Value----
    Woof. At first the price was going to be a major negative in this review. On Micronamin's website, AR-15 is running $50 for 30 servings. That's absolutely insane. Furthermore, you can't find AR-15 (at least I couldn't) on any of the major supplement sites. BUT, if you search for the product on Amazon, you can grab it for a much more reasonable $30 for 30 servings.

Still, $1.00 per serving for whey protein is somewhat high in my book. ON's Gold Standard has a very similar profile, including the amino acid additions, and will cost you .79c per serving. The cost isn't necessarily a deal breaker for me, but many similar products can be had for right around .85c per serving, and that's not including the frequent deals you can take advantage of on major supp websites.

----Conclusion----
    Overall I liked AR-15. It's a clear cut, well-rounded protein that also packs in much of what you'd normally find in your intra-workout recovery drinks. The flavoring and mixability aren't fantastic, and the price might be a bit steep for some, but this is still a viable protein option. There's also the fact this is produced by veterans, and a percentage of all sales go to non-profit veteran support organizations. I'd pay a little extra for this product knowing that fact. With some tweaks, AR-15 could be a top tier protein supplement.
     Pros:
     Cons:
    • Improved Recovery
    • Good Source Of Daily Protein
    • Heavy On Sweetener
    • Mixability Needs Improvement

(SR paid for product; Novex Biotech did not participate)
    ----Introduction----
    I was intrigued when GF9 became available to the TROOP team. I've had mixed results from natural HGH boosters and decided I'd give it a shot. FYI - I do not believe this to be a nutrient repartitioner though it is currently categorized as one.

----Ingredient Profile----
    GF9 contains a proprietary blend of amino acids and amino acid derivatives. Reading the profile I immediately scratched my head. Usually HGH boosters include agents such as mucuna pruriens, fenugreek, or other natural sources of L-DOPA. GF9 does not, rather GF9's profile read to me like it was a standard intra-workout. Furthermore, with a prop blend of 2.9g per serving, how can these ingredients all be effectively dosed? L-arginine alone can be dosed at upwards of 3-4g daily but hey, maybe I'm missing something?

----Taste/Mixability/Dosing----
    I dosed the caps as instructed - four daily in one serving on an empty stomach. I did try to stick to the label's statement of no food within two hours of dosing, but that sometimes proved challenging. The caps are fairly large but go down relatively easily with almost no aftertaste or indigestion.

----Effectiveness----
    Unfortunately GF9 fell utterly flat for me. Granted, I've never had issues with low test or anything along those lines, but I did not experience any noticeable results from this product. No boost in libido. No spike in aggression or anxiety (something I experienced when taking other HGH boosters). No change in gym performance. No improved sleep.

I suppose it could be argued that my natural HGH levels are at their peak and thus it's simply not possible for me to see results from an HGH booster, but with nearly all similar products that I've tried I can at least tell I'm taking something.

----Value----
    The cost for GF9 is brutal. Nearly $80 for a one month supply. This is nearly double the cost of most natural test/HGH boosters on the market and there's simply no way to rationalize or excuse this price point. It's a straight rip-off.

----Conclusion----
    I see no reason or situation where I would recommend this product. I saw no results, it's insanely over-priced, and there are a high number of better, more affordable, more effective options on the market today. This one is not worth your time.
     Pros:
     Cons:
      • Insanely Overpriced

(Thanks to Alpha Gainz for sending it out!)
      ----Introduction----
      I've some experience with DHEA-derived products, but this was my first time dosing such a product trans-dermally. My understanding is that, because the product is not being broken down by the liver before being absorbed, the hormone conversion percentage is higher, thus resulting in a more potent product and better results.

----Introduction----

Some of the reviews below are misleading in my opinion. DHEA is a naturally occurring hormone that, once produced, is converted to several other hormones, including testosterone. This is not a synthetic/artificial compound such as Epistane or Halodrol. It will not unnaturally drive up your testosterone production. It is generally not recommended for individuals under the age of 30 to supplement DHEA as the body makes enough on its own and doesn't need additional supplementation. The excess will be expelled as waste.

With respect to shut down and the need of a PCT - I've read conflicting research. Most articles state the worst side effects of dosing DHEA will be a mild temporary reduction in natural test production and that no PCT is needed. I've personally never run a PCT after supplementing DHEA and have never had any issues.

----Ingredient Profile----
      4-Andro contains 4-DHEA, a version of DHEA that is more anabolic in nature than others.

Recommended dosing of DHEA supplements varies from 50mg to 300mg daily depending on how and why it's being supplemented. I read below that the vendor requested each user dose at 2ml daily (equivalent to 200mg), meaning the bottle would last a total of 30 days.

----Taste/Mixability/Dosing----
      I dosed the bottle per the vendor's instructions - 1ml twice daily and rotated application spots as suggested. The liquid is thin and oily with a medicinal/alcohol smell. It absorbs relatively quickly but I'd caution you if you're dosing this right before bedtime. My first day on 4-Andro I rubbed this on my chest and got right into bed and smelled rubbing alcohol for the rest of the night. From then on I made sure to dose after my shower but well before bed.

----Effectiveness----
      I'm 32 and thus in the recommended age range for DHEA supplementation, however I've never had an issue with low testosterone or anything along those lines. I saw minimal results from my 30 days on 4-Andro. I did notice a fuller look to my muscles and a general leaner look overall, but I did not experience any change to libido which was surprising.

I mentioned before I'd run several other DHEA supplements and the results have generally been a mixed bag. I'd put 4-Andro slightly above average in terms of effectiveness. I honestly would have liked to have run a second bottle as I usually start to see more potent results in the fifth and sixth weeks of a DHEA run.

----Value----
      Current 4-Andro is not for sale on any vendor site (that I can find at least). I see below that it was previously available for $40 a bottle. Transdermal DHEA derivatives are generally expensive, but for my money I'm just not sure they are worth the results. If you're going to run a legit cycle of 4-Andro, you'll need two bottles, and I'm having a hard time rationalizing spending $80 on such a cycle. LOT of other ways to spend that money and get better results.

----Side Effects----
      I had no issues at all with 4-Andro. No shutdown or side effects. No acne or oily skin

----Conclusion----
      4-Andro is a decent DHEA product, but one that is likely to stretch the wallets of many people. If you're interested in a safe prohormone cycle and have researched DHEA, then sure consider 4-Andro. I could also see this as being a nice add-on to a true PH stack (if you've got cash to blow). Personally it's not a product I'd consider purchasing for that amount of money.
       Pros:
       Cons:
      • Non Toxic
      • Leaning Affect
      • Fuller Muscles
      • May Not Be As Effective As A Standalone
      • Long Cycle Needed To Be Effective