Cray

• Member has been active for 7 years, and was last online this week
  • Linked social media account

TROPHY CASE

Reviews by Cray

(Thanks to TEK Naturals for sending it out!)
----Introduction----
As mentioned in another review, the birth of my second kid (and the weeks leading up to that) have been hectic for me and rough on my body. Inconsistent workouts and sleep hours combined with a less-than-ideal diet has me perfecting the dad-bod. I'm getting back on the wagon though and grabbed TEK's Naturals BurnerTEK when it opened up to Troopers. I delayed starting this product due to the fact I was already running another burner - Radiate - and didn't want the two to overlap.

----Ingredient Profile----
TEK Natural might be the first company I've seen to produce a ...

----Ingredient Profile----
TEK Natural might be the first company I've seen to produce a pill-form fat burner with a completely disclosed ingredient profile. It was one of the reasons I was attracted to this product. The older I get, the more cognizant I am of my stimulant intake, and thus I've been hesitant to try some of the other blend-heavy burner pills.

BurnerTEK has a solid profile comprised primarily of caffeine, green coffee bean extract, green tea extract, and a few standard vitamins all aimed at improving energy and metabolism. Also included are Glucomannan (water absorption) and Garcinia Extract (appetite suppression and sugar control). It's a solid profile - not overly fancy, but well-rounded in my opinion. Almost all the ingredients are appropriately dosed (when taking three pills in a single dose) with the exception of L-Carnitine.

----Taste/Mixability/Dosing----
Like most fat loss supplements there's flexibility with how to dose the product. BurnerTEK suggests taking one pill, three times daily, or three pills at once with breakfast. Personally I found my ideal dose to be two pills, which I usually took in the AM. No issues with swallowing the pills or any type of powder-burps.

----Effectiveness----
I had to mess around with the dosing of this product before I landed at what I thought was best for me. I didn't find taking one pill at a time to have any effect. I felt no increase in energy nor did I get the sense the product was working. Contrarily, three pills at once was too stim-heavy, especially considering I was sometimes taking this an hour or two after dosing a preworkout supplement. But two pills was money. Rather surprisingly two pills hit me with a solid burst of energy and, as Chef also mentioned in his review, a shot of mental clarity. There're no nootropics here, but for whatever reason I definitely felt more focused after taking this product. A nice perk at 11AM on a busy workday.

My weight was all over the place while I ran this - I bounced around between 215-225. I did feel as though it was helping me keep things under control, but when I backslid for two weeks mid-run, I saw my weight jump back up rather quickly. Clearly this isn't a miracle pill and I do think I would have seen better results had I been stricter with my diet through the entire run of the bottle. End of the day I ended up at 218 with a net loss of ~5 lbs. in 45 days. A good result considering I wasn't giving BurkerTEK a ton of support.

----Value----
I could only find BurnerTEK through TEK's own website for a cost of $51 for 90 pills (they have a 10% special running right now). Considering I got essentially 45 days of use out of the bottle for a per day cost of $1.13, I'd say the value is decent less so if you run the bottle at three pills daily as instructed. Most fat loss supplements are going to run you around $1.00 per day so BurnerTEK isn't egregiously over-priced, but it is more expensive than a lot of competitor supplements. Still from my experience and from reading other reviews, I'm more apt to spend a few more dollars on this product considering its effectiveness.

----Side Effects----
As mentioned, three pills at once was a bit too stim-heavy for me, but otherwise I had no side effects while on this product.

----Conclusion----
BurnerTEK is a good option for someone interested in a clean fat loss support agent that contains a disclosed profile of proven ingredients. It's no magic pill obviously, but combined with a solid diet and exercise regimen I do feel this product is helpful is dropping body fat. I'm keeping an eye on this product and, as soon as it becomes more widely available and I can get it at a cheaper price, I'm going to grab another bottle for a more serious cut.
 Pros:
 Cons:
  • Fat Lost
  • Improved Focus
  • Disclosed Profile
  • Might Be Too Expensive For Some

(Thanks to Crusader Supplements for sending it out!)
----Introduction----
You know, honestly, I didn't need more preworkout but Cavalry looked so badass I just had to try it.

----Ingredient Profile----
Crusader Supplements does it right with a fully disclosed profile. Their website claims they are committed to developing products containing clinical dosages of proven ingredients, and they demonstrate just that in Cavalry. I want to commend Crusader for this attitude. It's refreshing and much appreciated.

----Ingredient Profile----

Cavalry isn't flashy, but it's not overly simple either. It's well rounded and is hitting you with the standard preworkout players, a nootropic, three forms of Creatine, solid dosages of caffeine and theobromine. As Shinndigg pointed out in his review, the Citrulline Malate dose is low compared to like supplements. It's still technically effective, I found a study where 3g was found to have a positive impact, but most preworkouts are packing closer to 6g of the stuff per dose.

Aside from the CM, I thought everything else was on point.

----Taste/Mixability/Dosing----
Cavalry comes in one flavor - Black Ice - which is a berry and pomegranate blend. I liked it. It's refreshing and different, and not overly sweet or strongly flavored. Plus they're no dyes used here. Deus Vult!

I generally dosed 1.5 scoops about 30 minutes preworkout in 12oz. of water. No issues at all with mixability, clumping, or foaming.

The only thing that drove me nuts? The fact the container is absolutely PACKED with product. The scooper is large and you have to put it into the product handle first, so for the first quarter of the tub I was regularly spilling powder every time I went to get the scooper out. As I am the foremost connoisseur of scooper etiquette here on SR.com, I feel obliged to inform Crusader a smaller-handled scooper is needed. These are the important issues people.

----Effectiveness----
I really enjoyed Cavalry for a number of reasons. I played with the dosage a bit and found that even one scoop was decently effective for me, but 1.5 really hit the sweet spot. Surprisingly the creatine blend and endurance boosting properties of this preworkout hit me extremely hard. I found myself blasting through workouts, which was a godsend as I've recently had a second kid and have been getting into the gym irregularly and usually with less sleep. Cavalry picked up the slack though.

I didn't notice much in the pump department, and the initial energy surge from the caffeine was nothing spectacular (still good - exactly what I'd expect from 225mg caffeine), but the fact I was adding in extra sets and doing more cardio spoke to the effectiveness and quality of this product.

----Value----
Crusader is new to the supplement game and it looks like their products are currently only available on their website. It's listed as $60 on their site (not the $50 on SR.com), but you can get 20% off your first order, meaning you can land a tub of Cavalry for $48. I'm ranking value based on that sale price - understand the value would go down a point or two for me if I had to pay $60.

The value is also dependent on how much you need to feel the full effects. If you're like me and 1.5 scoops works, you're paying right around $1.00 per scoop which is the industry average. Considering its effectiveness, I'm giving Cavalry a high value score. I personally like that they give you such a large amount of product and enable you to find the right dose for you at a good price point.

No issues at all.

----Conclusion----
Cavalry is a solid, well-rounded preworkout that hits all the right notes. It's a clean profile, clinically dosed, contains no dyes, and is all around the type of product I personally look for when I'm buying supplements. I commend Crusader on their mission and what they've done with Cavalry, and look forward to trying more of their products in the feature.
 Pros:
 Cons:
  • Fully Disclosed Label
  • Quality Ingredients
  • Well-Rounded

(Thanks to SHO Nutrition for sending it out!)
----Introduction----
My mother has long badgered me about taking digestive enzymes, so when I saw SHO Nutrition's Balance come up for grabs I figured I'd make mom proud. I actually do have some lingering gut issues. Nothing medically diagnosed, but I'm not exactly the most regular person on the planet and assumed Balance could really help me out.

----Ingredient Profile----
Balance is touted as a digestive and immune health supplement. It contains 100 billion CFU of one strain of lactobacillus (small intestine probiotic), two prebiotics (nourish existing good bacteria in large intestine), and flaxseed and olive oil for additional colon support.

This profile is interesting. 100 billion CFU is a high count for a probiotic supplement (particularly for only one strain). You can find probiotics that supply as low as 10 billion CFU and contain anywhere from four to forty probiotic strains. Some research suggests a supplement should be in the 15-45 billion CFU range, with anything above that being excessive and only for marketing purposes.

A handful, but not many, probiotic supplements also include prebiotics, but I was unable to find any sort of baseline with which to gauge Balance's dosage.

----Taste/Mixability/Dosing----
I dosed Balance as instructed - two beads daily, usually in the AM with my morning shake. The beads are small, smooth, and very easy to swallow. Absolutely no taste or anything along those lines. The container is actually pretty cool and is set up to easily dispense and track each dose. I didn't use that feature but a nice add on for more forgetful people.

The container for a probiotic needs to be of high quality, and SHO's is well made. It's sturdy and almost completely encased in a label to protect from light. The beads are also black in color - not sure if that's another protective measure.

----Effectiveness----
I noticed significant results within ten days of using Balance. I was more regular and had far healthier movements. I also had fewer instances of, what I like to call, preworkout evacuations. You know what I'm talking about. Not sure what else I need to say here - SHO Balance did exactly what it was supposed to do.

----Value----
60 beads / 30 days of Balance will cost $35 - a per day cost of $1.16. Though there aren't many products on the market with this sort of unique hybrid profile, this cost is right on par with most top-level probiotics. In my case the effectiveness of the supplement was well worth the cost, though I suppose some might think you're not getting as much for your money compared to products that contain multiple probiotic strains.

----Conclusion----
SHO's Balance is a great supplement for anyone looking to better their overall health. I noticed results in a short time frame and those results lasted through the end of the bottle. Clearly the product delivers high quality and effective ingredients at a competitive price point.

My only question/gripe revolves around the fact Balance contains only one strain of probiotic. Everything I read suggested the CFU count was secondary in importance to the number of actual strains. While my response to this product was excellent, I would be intrigued to know if there's a specific reasoning behind Balance's profile. I do think a boost to the number of strains included in Balance would really push it to the next level. Either way this is a solid product.
 Pros:
 Cons:
  • Regularity
  • Healthier Movements
  • No Bloat
  • Unique Profile
  • Improved Gut Health
  • One Probiotic Strain

(Thanks to RXS Supplements for sending it out!)
----Introduction----
My apologies for the delay in this review. Having a second kid will totally wreck your schedule FYI, and that's honestly why I opted to try Radiate. I've been on the lookout for any and all fat burners due to the fact I've been unable to get in the gym as consistently as I would like, and grabbed a tub of Radiate when it became available.

----Ingredient Profile----
Radiate is one big ol' prop blend that contains a lot of the standard supplements found in fat burners as well as few unique additions. Thankfully they did disclose the specific dosage of caffeine (200mg), but the blend makes it difficult to determine if any/all other ingredients are effectively dosed. Aside from your standard ALC, Taurine, and Choline Bitartrate (which seems to be in everything these days), RXS also dumped in some DMHA, Alpha-Yohimbe, Noopept, and Black Pepper extract. Good stuff. It's a diverse and intriguing profile - I just wish it was transparent.

----Taste/Mixability/Dosing----
I generally dosed one scoop in 32oz. of water midday, usually around 2PM. This is that time of day when I start to feel most run down and need a midday pick-me-up, so I used Radiate to help with that drag. The powder is a bit stubborn but does fully dissolve after some vigorous shaking. No issues with foaming or clumping.

I received the Orange Candy flavor which doesn't taste anything like orange candy. The flavor isn't prominently displayed on the label and I didn't realize it was "orange candy" until about four servings in. To me Radiate has a very sweet, generic, artificial taste. It was rough, even in 32oz. of water. I thought it was some sort of diabolical cotton candy flavor until I read the label more closely not a high point for me. I let a buddy of mine try it though and he loved it so to each their own.

----Effectiveness----
This is the most potent thermogenic I've tried since the original Oxy-Elite Pro. As I've mentioned in other reviews, I usually don't feel strong thermo-effects from these types of supplements. Not so with Radiate. It had me straight sweating 15 minutes after dosing. I have poor circulation as is and usually run a heater in my office in the winter months, but while on Radiate I was often uncomfortably warm. Really potent stuff.

Unfortunately Radiate really didn't sit well with me. Again, I've said this before, but my body is real fickle with Yohimbe. Sometimes it's all good, but as was the case with Radiate, sometimes it makes me really agitated and uncomfortable. About a third of the way into the tub I was struggling with this product. Every dose left me feeling jittery and on edge for two/three hours. I did end up cutting back the dose to half a scoop which helped somewhat, but didn't provide the strong thermo/energy boost.

Otherwise, the product works well. I've been able to lose a few pounds these past few weeks, despite not being as strict on my diet and not getting into the gym consistently, and I think Radiate would really shine for someone on a dedicated diet/exercise regimen. I personally didn't respond well to the profile, but the potential is clear and I can certainly see this working well for others.

----Value----
The cost is rough. Radiate is currently only available through RXS' own site for $70 for 45 servings. That's $1.55 per scoop. Woof. Most fat burners are in the ballpark of $1.00 per day so Radiate isn't totally extravagant but it's still going to be out of many people's price range, especially considering all the options on the market today. Now, if you're able to cut the dosing to half a scoop and still feel the effects, I can see this being more cost-viable. Also, if RXS is in the process of making Radiate available via major supplement websites, thereby dropping the cost and allowing it to be snagged with discount codes, I again see the value changing for this product.

See above.

----Conclusion----
Radiate wasn't a hit for me, but I see the potential. The profile is potent and on point. Flavoring needs some work, and the product would benefit greatly if it were more widely available. If you're sensitive to Yohimbe like me, this might be one to stay clear of, however if you're in the market for a strong thermogenic that lives up to its claims, I'd recommend Radiate.
  • Noticeable Thermo Affect
  • Effective For Fat Loss
  • Prop Blend
  • Jitters And Agitation

(Thanks to Gamma Labs for sending it out!)
----Introduction----
I am an avid gamer - have been for years. I've played over 3,500 hours of DOTA2. Put 150 into the Witcher 3 and all the expansions. Have played most of the classics, i.e. Skyrim, Mass Effect, AC, Batman, etc., and I literally, just last night, finished Horizon Zero Dawn (amazing btw). I've been intrigued by the sudden infusion of gamer-focused supplements into the supplement industry, and jumped at the chance to try Gamma Lab's G FUEL in the hopes it would make me less of a trash player.

----Ingredient Profile----
G FUEL contains, for the most part, your basic pre-wo...

----Ingredient Profile----
G FUEL contains, for the most part, your basic pre-workout ingredients i.e. Taurine, L-Tyrosine, Choline Bitrate, and so on. The profile is a mashup of several proprietary blends, making it difficult to determine if everything is dosed at an effective level. They do disclose the dosage of caffeine per serving (150mg), and there's also a massive antioxidant blend you know to help out those gamers.

All in all I liked the profile. The caffeine dosage is appropriate - you don't want to be cracked out while gaming, and their Focus Complex contains all the major players for that type of prop blend. Good stuff.

----Taste/Mixability/Dosing----
There's 17 (jesus christ) different flavors of G FUEL. I requested and received the Fazeberry flavor, which is a mashup of pomegranate, blueberry, and strawberry. Friggin delicious. Not overly sweet or tart. Not too aggressively flavored. Gamma Labs nailed the flavoring of Fazeberry.

As for dosing, I'll admit I didn't always use this supplement for its marketed purposes. A few times I did throw a scoop into 32oz. of water and sip while playing games, but most of the time I used this as a mid-day coffee substitution and would have a scoop at work around 2PM.

No issues with mixability or grittiness. Dissolves quickly and easily.

----Effectiveness----
My main online battle game right now is For Honor (Dues Vult) and I'm pretty good (I main a prestige rep 5 Peacekeeper w/ ~65% PVP win rate). Did I notice a positive different sipping G FUEL while playing well, yes, however I generally drink when I'm gaming, so obviously one would expect me to play better while not drinking. Still, I give G FUEL some credit. It lives up to its claim of providing a quick burst of clean energy with no crash or jitters. I didn't notice major changes to my concentration, but that's not an issue for me when I'm playing - I'm always zoned in. My reaction time isn't great as is, and it's particularly not great once I've got a few whiskeys in me (I know, surprising), I did play better those times I had some G FUEL in me.

Aside from gaming, I LOVED this as a mid-day boost. Just the right amount of caffeine and focus boost to get me through a tough workday. I had no problems skipping an afternoon coffee the days I took G FUEL.

----Value----
G FUEL comes in individual packets and standard tubs of product. I'm skipping the individual packets - I don't see any reason why you'd buy this version unless you're desperate for a transportable and convenient pouch. The tub of 40 scoops will run you $28 on AllStarHeath - a per scoop cost of .70c. This is below the preworkout industry norm of ~.75c-$1.00 per serving, which is appropriate considering G FUEL's profile isn't as robust or concentrated as most standard preworkout products.

Personally I think this is an excellent price point for this product. Furthermore, if you're a gaming teenager (or anyone else) who regularly drinks energy drinks, this is an absolute must-buy. It's going to save you a ton of money and doesn't contain all the sugars, artificial sweeteners, and other garbage of most energy drinks.

No issues.

----Conclusion----
I really like with Gamma Labs did with G FUEL. It's effective, well-dosed, versatile, and affordable. My ONLY gripe - what the hell is up with the SCOOPER? It's got this weird funnel on it which makes getting a full scoop of product a pain in the ass. Get rid of that funnel Gamma Labs. Only noobs need assistance pouring their powder.

I don't see this being attractive to most lifters, and if you grabbed this product thinking it would work as a preworkout you're probably going to be disappointed. But for actual gamers or for people looking for a mid-day coffee/energy drink replacement, this is one product you need to check out.
 Pros:
 Cons:
  • Increased Focus
  • Great For Gaming
  • Great Alternative To Energy Drinks
  • Clean Energy
  • Amazing Taste
  • Affordable
  • Versatile
  • Personally Insulted By Scooper
  • Prop Blends

(Thanks to NuLivScience for sending it out!)
----Introduction----
I'd run a preworkout that contained ActiGin (BuckedUp - which I rated a 9.0 in effectiveness), decided it would be worth supplementing it separately, and grabbed a bottle of NuLivScience's product when it popped up for the Troopers. I'm not usually one to stack a bunch of additional supplements on top of an already-complex preworkout, but I am glad I gave this a go.

----Introduction----

ActiGin is an exclusive ingredient researched and developed by NuLiv. They do market and sell the ingredient to other sports performance companies who utilize it in their own sports nutrition formulations, but are the only source to purchase ActiGin directly.

----Ingredient Profile----
First off, ActiGin is not a nutrient repartitioner (as it's currently categorized) and should be not be confused with AstraGin. ActiGin is an endurance and recovery supplement that claims to naturally load muscles with more glycogen and reduce inflammation. It is naturally derived from two plant sources and is an approved compound by all governing bodies (per NuLiv's website).

That said, there's no profile to examine. Each ActiGin pill contains 50mg of the product, which NuLiv claims is the minimum effective dose. As mentioned, this is straight from the original manufacturer and thus there should be no concerns regarding purity or product quality.

----Taste/Mixability/Dosing----
The pills are very small and easy to swallow. I usually took one pill about 30 minutes preworkout. To be fully transparent, I always took ActiGin along with a standard preworkout drink, however I had days where I regularly skipped my dose of ActiGin just to ensure I could delineate the effects I was feeling into those caused by ActiGin and those caused by the preworkout (if that makes sense).

No issues with powder burps or stomach discomfort or anything along those lines.

----Effectiveness----
ActiGin was bipolar for me. With respect to increased endurance, I noticed a marked effect. I was hitting workouts harder, cramming in extra sets, and working out for longer on the days when I dosed ActiGin. Honestly I was surprised at just how effective this product was for me in this respect. I usually don't feel much of an endurance-boosting effect from most supplements - it was one of the things I loved about BuckedUp - so I was obviously really happy with this result.

On the flip side, I felt no change in DOMS or my level of recovery. Now, I'm not hitting the gym as hard as I did when I was younger and didn't have kids. I still feel sore after a good workout, but we're not talking those brutal days where you have to manually lift your legs to get into your car. Perhaps higher-level athletes would feel more pronounced recovery effects from Actigin.

That said, I was really pleased with what I did get out of this product.

----Value----
ActiGin will cost you ~$26 for 60 pills, a per dose cost of .43c provided you feel effects from a single dose. NuLiv does recommend upping the dose to two pills if necessary. I never went that route, but obviously if you had to do so it would impact the value.

Considering this is the only vendor that sells this product directly, it's impossible for me to do my standard price comparison.

Personally I feel that $26 is a good price for 60 pills, especially if you only need one pill per dose. The effect is worth the money in my experience.

----Conclusion----
It was clear when I ran a tub of BuckedUp that something in the product hit me just right, and I'm almost certain now that it was the ActiGin. I loved the endurance boost I got from this product. It fell flat for me with respect to recovery, but I honestly didn't care and can see several scenarios in which I would recommend this product.

If you're trying to cut out stimulants, this is worth a look. If you're a junkie and want to stack "bonuses" on top of your preworkout, you need to give this a try. If you're one of those nutbags who cobbles up their own preworkout potion using raw ingredients - this is absolutely something to include. All in all, this is a solid and simple product that does what it's claimed to do and is available at a fair price. High marks from me.
  • Better Workouts
  • Stackable

(Thanks to VMI Sports Nutrition for sending it out!)
----Introduction----
Given the relatively high marks K-XR had received from other reviewers, I decided to snag a tub the next time it was made available for review. Can't get enough preworkout, ya feel me?

----Ingredient Profile----
K-XR is comprised of the usual suspects one finds in a preworkout, but hides actual dosages behind a series of prop blends. Not ideal but, since the blends are not overly complex, it looked to me as though the math added up and each ingredient was effectively and appropriately dosed.

My biggest gripe is the amount of caffeine is not fully disclosed. Nearly ...

----Ingredient Profile----

My biggest gripe is the amount of caffeine is not fully disclosed. Nearly all products I've tried recently do specify how much caffeine is included in each scoop, and thus I'm able to adjust dosages accordingly to fit my own sweet spot. VMI did put on the bottom of the label that approximately 400mg of caffeine is contained in each scoop, but I'd still prefer the exact amount to be disclosed within the supplement facts profile. I didn't even notice this line until about halfway through the tub.

----Taste/Mixability/Dosing----
Good lord. This is one of the most over-flavored, heavily dyed supplements I've come across in a while. I don't understand it. Why? Is there actually a demand for this? Do most lifters have the flavor palate of five-year-olds? Damn.

Anyway, I requested and received the Blueberry Razz flavor and I actually thought the base of the flavor was well done. Blueberry, coconut, and pineapple. Very nice but so overpowering. Even one scoop in 24oz. of water was a challenge. VMI sent sample packs of their other flavors which I also tried. Again, great bases - particularly the cherry lime Italian ice - but just too heavy and strong for my liking.

I usually mixed one heaping scoop with 24 oz. of water and sipped on my way to the gym. No issues with mixability or foaming.

----Effectiveness----
K-XR's big selling point is its "triple stage caffeine blend" which VMI touts as providing consistent and sustained high-level energy, a claim this product absolutely achieves. One scoop provides a solid boost of energy that, surprisingly, didn't leave me with the jitters (I sometimes have that problem with stim-heavy products). This is one of the better preworkouts I've tried with respect to consistently providing enough energy to last an entire 60 minute workout. Well done.

As for the focal/cognitive enhancement and intense pump blends, I found the effects to be fairly standard. Decent pumps and a slight focus boost. But honestly you're not buying this product for those features, though they are nice additions.

----Value----
For cost, I've found the industry pre-workout norm to be roughly .75c-$1.00 per serving. K-XR will cost you $30 for a tub of 30 servings via AllStarHealth, which is right on par with competitor supplements. It's also a true, one-scoop preworkout, so you're getting your money's worth with each serving.

----Side Effects----
No issues here aside from the occasional, what I like to call, preworkout evacuations.

----Conclusion----
If all you really want is for your preworkout to kick you straight in the face, K-XR is a solid option. Flavoring and dyes aside, I'd absolutely recommend this to lifters who train in longer sessions and need a long-lasting stimulant boost. As stated, that is really where this product shines. 400mg of caffeine is no joke though, so this is probably not great for supplement noobs and first timers. But for the rest of my stim-tolerant junkies, give K-XR a look. It's a good option if you're needing to change up your preworkout game.
 Pros:
 Cons:
  • Clean Energy
  • Consistent Throughout Workout
  • Long Last Energy
  • No Jitters Or Crashing
  • Dyes
  • Heavily Flavored
  • Proprietary Blends

(Thanks to Ronnie Coleman Signature Series for sending it out!)
----Introduction----
Can we all agree the fact Big Ron is active in this community is amazing? Just so cool.

Anyway, I really enjoyed the original Amino Tone and was excited to give this new version a run.

----Ingredient Profile----
AT+E is loaded up with goodies. It contains a 2:1:1 ratio of amino acids at a dosing of 5g per scoop, which is an appropriate and effective dosage. Also included are multiple vitamins, an energy complex comprised of green tea and green coffee extracts, fat loss support through raspberry ketones and L-alanine, and ingredients designed to improve endurance and performance i.e. taurine and potassium phosphate.

It's challenging to determine if everything is dosed at an effective level given there are multiple prop blends here, but really the reason you're buying this product is the BCAAs which we know are on point. Everything else is just a bonus and a nice one at that.

----Taste/Mixability/Dosing----
I did not request a flavor and ended up receiving the 50/50 Tea. This is honestly the last flavor I would have chosen. I am not a tea drinker and really can't stand iced tea. Fortunately the flavoring is well done. It's not overpowering and I ended up enjoying the funky lemonade taste. Not my first choice, but it's different and certainly worth a try if you like Arnold Palmers.

I also got a sample pack of America which tasted awesome.

Primarily I mixed one heaping scoop with 32 oz. of water and sipped throughout my workout. I'd also occasionally throw a scoop in my water bottle just to sip throughout the morning. No issues with clumping or mixability. There is the standard foaming that you should expect with any BCAA product, however give it a minute and the product dissolves nicely.

----Effectiveness----
This is great stuff. Loved it. I really noticed a difference in my endurance and ability to push through workouts, especially on days when I was feeling run down. It's not overpowering - AT+E gives you just enough to help you finish off your session once your preworkout has faded. It was also awesome as an early morning kick-off.

As for the "tone" aspect of the product - I didn't notice much effect but I wasn't expecting it to be honest. I appreciate the addition of some ingredients designed to support fat loss, but I don't think anyone is exploring this product for that feature alone.

----Value----
Right now AT+E will run you $30 for 30 scoops - $1.00 per serving. This is slightly above average when compared to competitor products which I generally found to be around .80c per serving. However you can grab AT+E on most major supplement sites and therefore can almost always get some sort of discount. Also, there's not yet a 90 serving tub of this product, but I know the larger tub of the standard Amino Tone goes for .78c per serving. If that pricing were to stay consistent the value would be outstanding.

Regardless, the price as is for AT+E is solid in my book considering everything extra you're getting from this product that generally won't be found in competitor BCAA supplements.

----Conclusion----
This is a great, versatile, effective intra-workout that I'd absolutely recommend to anyone. Everything about it is on point. The profile. The price. The flavors. Another winner from the RC Signature Series.
  • Good Tasting
  • Versatile

(Thanks to TOREM for sending it out!)
    ----Introduction----
    I was excited to grab a box of Torem's Necro-Adipem (will refer to as NA for short) as I'd been hunting for a solid, stim-free weight loss product to help me bounce back from the holiday slide. Thanks to Torem for sending it out and apologies for the delay in this review.

----Ingredient Profile----
    Torem does it right with a fully disclosed ingredient profile that is well-rounded, unique, proven, and, for the most part, effectively dosed. The only exception I found was the 100mg of Garcinia Cambogia. From my research, the recommended dosing of this supplement is 500mg-1000mg daily. Perhaps there is a reason for this dosage that Torem can explain. Otherwise, I've no complaints.

----Taste/Mixability/Dosing----
    As others have stated, the packaging and branding of this product is second to none. Absolutely ideal. Individual dosage packs ensure you never miss a dose. And it's honestly just really cool.

I followed the instructions and dosed two packets daily for 30 days. I usually took my first dose in the AM just before my morning protein shake, and my second dose about 30 minutes pre-dinner.

No issues at all with taste, gas, or any other side effects. This was especially nice considering the inclusion of cayenne extract. I've had uncomfortable esophageal burn from similar supplements that include this type of ingredient.

----Effectiveness----
    I'll admit, I did not give NA much support. Work has been insane and my wife and I are about to have our second baby, so I was struggling with my diet and exercise regimens. I was able to eat mostly clean and get into the gym 3-4 times a week, but I didn't make any significant lifestyle changes.

As such, I'm not surprised I didn't get as much out of Torem's NA as others did. My weight changed slightly over the course of the 30 days, ultimately landing a loss of ~2 pounds. A good result, but I was hoping for more. I will say that I did notice a more prominent "mirror-effect" and that I looked and felt leaner and less bloated.

I didn't notice any thermogenic effects from this product but that is possibly due to the fact that I never worked out after taking a dose. I lift in the early AM and would take my morning dose post-workout. Same for appetite suppression, but again I may not be the best gauge for this. I regularly practice a form of intermittent fasting and simply do not have any issues with hunger, binge-eating, or appetite.

----Value----
    Currently you can grab 60 packets of NA for $57. Assuming you take the recommended two packets daily, we're looking at a per day cost of $1.90. There's no way around it - that's expensive. The challenge here is there are very few products to compare from a value standpoint. I couldn't find a product that shared more than two ingredients with NA.

Still, most fat burners, stimulant-based or not, are in the ballpark of a cost of $1.00 per day. Not saying Torem's NA isn't worth the price, but for college kids and those with lean wallets, it may just be too expensive. Personally I'd likely pay this to try this product again, so long as I was moving forward with a dedicated diet and exercise plan. As I think my experience shows, this isn't that coveted magic pill that is going to melt fat while you do nothing. Such a product simply does not exist.

I understand much of the price is due to the packaging and the attempt to maximize convenience. That is all well and good and appreciated, but I think a more traditional bottled version sold at a cheaper price would be just as, if not more attractive to many potential buyers.

----Conclusion----
    Strong marks from me for this product for the most part. Its ranking as the current #1 stim-free fat loss product on this site is well deserved. It's versatile and well-rounded so as to be effective for a number of goals and for people of varying stages of fitness. The price point is going to be tough to swallow for some, and it's likely too expensive to be a staple in your supplement stack, but this is absolutely worth a look for those trying to stay away from stimulants while looking to do a hardcore cut.
     Pros:
     Cons:
    • Burns Fat
    • Stimulant Free
    • Enhances Definition
    • Convenient Packaging
    • Decreased Bloating
    • Effective Dosed
    • Potentially Too Expensive

(Thanks to Pumped Sports for sending it out!)
    ----Introduction----
    I was intrigued to try Loaded after seeing its current overall score on SR and the overwhelmingly positive reviews. I've had a mixed run of preworkouts these past few months, so I was excited to see what all the fuss was about with this product.

----Ingredient Profile----
    Pumped Sports does it right. A fully disclosed ingredient profile that is well rounded and robust. You've got your standard preworkout ingredients here i.e. Carnosyn, Caffeine, Taurine, and Agmatine Sulfate, as well as some fun additions like Hordenine HCl and Higenamine HCl (fat burning). For the most part everything is dosed at an effective level, though a bump in the dosage of Choline Bitartrate would be ideal.

In short, this is exactly the type of profile I'm looking for when browsing the vast selection of preworkouts on the market today.

----Taste/Mixability/Dosing----
    God bless Pumped Sports for staying away from dyes. I still struggle to understand why supplement companies think gym-goers have the palate of five year old kids. I don't need my blue raspberry flavored preworkout to turn my tongue blue and taste like Trix cereal extract. Ridiculous.

I received the Fruit Punch flavor. It's very nice. Not overpowering. No dyes as mentioned. Clean tasting. Mixes with no issues. One of the better fruit punch supplements I've tried. I usually mixed one heaping scoop with 24 oz. of water and sipped on my way to the gym.

----Effectiveness----
    Put simply, I loved this pre-workout. I am very stimulant tolerant, especially when it comes to caffeine, so I was pleasantly surprised by how much of a boost I got every time I dosed Loaded. Solid, clean energy every time. No crash. No jitters. No "cracked out" feelings. High marks in this category.

Aside from energy, Loaded is also one of the better "focusing" preworkouts I've had recently. Just about every dose had me dialed in and ready to go. Love that sensation. Pumps were OK, nothing spectacular. Agmatine doesn't always hit me in the right way I've found sometimes just depends on the day. Still a noticeable effect, just not "skin tearing" or anything along those lines.

----Value----
    For cost, I've found the industry pre-workout norm to be roughly .75c-$1.00 per serving. Loaded will cost you $35 for a tub of 30 servings, meaning it's per serving price point is slightly above the industry average. It's also only available through Tiger Fitness currently, so you may not have much luck with special deals or discounts.

Personally I tend to go for the pre-workouts that are on the cheaper end, however I think Loaded's price point is reasonable considering its effectiveness. It would really shine for me at $30 for a 30 serving tub.

----Side Effects----
    No issues here aside from the occasional, what I like to call, preworkout evacuation.

----Conclusion----
    Loaded gets high marks from me. I'm a firm believer that not every product, particularly pre-workouts, works for every individual, but Loaded is definitely one I recommend to anyone looking to step up their preworkout game. I love the way Pumped Sports put this product together - it's effectively dosed and very well rounded. You're not going to need to stack this with anything to get a high quality workout. Well done.
    • Improved Focus