Cray

SR TROOPer

• Member has been active for 7 years, and was last online today

TROPHY CASE

Reviews by Cray

Thanks to Mugen Holdings for sending it out!
  November 13, 2017

Pros:
 Cons:
  • Did Not Get Sick

I'm a believer in consistently taking a daily multivitamin in order to ensure you're meeting core nutritional needs. I usually stick to a basic, one-pill multi with a relatively simple ingredient profile (ON's Opti-Men is my go-to) and considering Mugen's ENDO fits that description, I jumped at the chance to give it a run. Apologies to Mugen for the delay in posting this review.

A quick note: I view multi-vitamins the same way I view protein - as a mandatory dietary staple; not a product I expect will take me to the next level. Thus it makes this particular category rather difficult to review.

ENDO has a fairly simple ingredient profile, especially compared to some of the more aggressive "paks" on the market. As other reviewers have pointed out, some of the dosages are lighter than other multi-vitamins, particularly Vit A and K2. Where Mugen really shines is in its serving of the various Vitamin B's, Folate, and Zinc, and is otherwise very similar in profile to Opti-Men. There're very few of the flashy additives like Korean Ginseng or Raw Oyster Extract (yes, a real ingredient), but personally I prefer Mugen's approach here. Give me solid dosings of core vitamins and I'm all set.

As with all vitamins, pills simply are not a good delivery method of vitamins. They don't trigger digestion and thus aren't absorbed as efficiently (which is why it's always recommended to take vitamins with meals). To compensate for this most multis contain a greater than required amount of core ingredients. Additionally, the recommended daily value doesn't account for factors such as body mass and metabolism, thus I personally prefer a vitamin profile that includes higher doses of vital, water-soluble vitamins.

No issues at all. Two easy to swallow caps with no powder burps or overly strong odor/taste. I usually took my two caps with dinner. This was a nice change from the massive Vital4U packs I'd been taking prior to running this supplement.

As stated, it's rather difficult to gauge a vitamin's effectiveness. Did I notice a SIGNIFICANT difference taking ENDO compared to Opti-Men or another multi? Not really. I will say that my mornings were generally "better" after I'd been on this product for a week. Just a slight uptick in energy and an overall sense of good health and well-being (bit hard to describe). I'm attributing this effect due to the aggressive dosing of B-vitamins in ENDO. I did not get ill while running this product, which was another plus considering the sharp weather shift we experienced here in New England last month. All in all this performed well and was actually more noticeable in terms of effects than some of the other vitamin products I've tried recently.

The industry norm for a men's multi is roughly .50c per dose, with the more aggressive "packs" running closer to $1.00 per day. I could only find Mugen's ENDO for $35 for 30 days, a steep $1.17 per dose. This is actually the same price as Vital 4U's 14 pill vitamin pack in which you are getting a LOT more for the money. You can grab a big bottle of Opti-Men, 80 servings, for $37 - that's .46c per day.

For me, this is ENDO's shortfall. It's simply too expensive. Yes, the ingredients appear to be quality and the profile is solid, but it's essentially double the price of other multivitamins.

Side Effects

Conclusion

This is a solid effective multi that I would absolutely purchase were it not for the high price point. I can't rationalize paying more than double for a 30 day supply of ENDO compared to Opti-Men considering the profiles are very similar. I'd recommend it as a good product, but there are far less expensive options on the market.

Thanks to VMI Sports Nutrition for sending it out!
  November 2, 2017

Pros:
 Cons:
  • Increases Libido
  • Increases Test
  • Dry Look
  • Lean And Hard Physique
  • Joint Dryness
  • Potentially Low Dose

As I've gotten older I've made the decision to mostly stay away from the various categories of hormone-affecting supplements. But when I read through all the stellar reviews of VMI's Arimistane, I knew I had to give it a go.

As reviews below summarize, Arimisitane is an Aromatase Inhibitor (AI) that acts by binding to androgens and preventing estrogen conversion, while also preventing rises in cortisol levels. In doing so an AI creates a testosterone-friendly environment in the body thus supporting a leaner, harder physique along with various other benefits. It's a versatile supplement and can be used as a stand-alone, as part of a PCT program to counteract the shutdown effects of a hard PH, or while actually on-cycle in order to keep estrogen levels low and preemptively avoid PCT problems.

VMI's Arimistane (Androsta-3, 5-diene-7, 17-dione) bottle is 60 caps at 25mg each. I followed the dosing instructions of 4 days at 25mg and then ~3.5 weeks at 50mg. In my opinion this is a light dosage as I was running this as a stand-alone product. Most research I've read suggests a more effective dose is 100mg-200mg daily for four-to-six weeks.

Most days I took my dose before my evening meal as I don't eat in the mornings. On lifting days I took my dose 20-30 minutes pre-workout. Very easy to swallow caps. No issues at all with powder burps or indigestion.

Everyone raves about this product and while I will say that I enjoyed it and felt its effects, I would run it differently in the future and would experiment with 75mg-150mg doses.

It took about five days before I started noticing the effects of Arimistane. Most noticeably for me were an increase in libido and uh hardness. Not that this is a problem for me, but my soldier was absolutely getting some backup from this AI.

The leaning out, dryness, and muscle hardness effects I started experiencing more towards the end of week two, and honestly these were not as pronounced for me as there were for other users. Noticeable? Yes. But nothing dramatic. I'm wondering if this is because of my size. At 6'1", 215lb.; I'm larger than the average adult male, and as mentioned I think I would have seen stronger effects in this area if I had upped the dosage. I also would have liked to have run this for closer to six weeks as it felt as though I was continuing to experience a slight improvement in these categories the longer I was on Arimistane.

Nothing noticeable for me in terms of gym stamina or strength, but as I've written in other reviews I mostly lift to maintain my size and general health. No power lifting or maxing out here. I've also been struggling with rotator cuff inflammation which meant I was limited in my workouts part of the time I was on Arimistane.

Value is decent. Overall you're getting 1,500mg of Arimistane in a $25-$30 bottle. If you get a full 30 days out of a single bottle, this is a good deal. If you're like me and probably need a higher dose, $25 for two and a half weeks is a bit steep. There's a few other AIs on the market worth considering. MAN's Nolvadren XT nets you 2,100mg of Arimistane in it's 28 serving bottle, plus a bunch of other goodies. ELIM1NATE by Olympus Labs serves up 25mg caps as well, but gives you a 200 cap bottle option (5,000mg Arimistane) for only $35. Long story short, VMI has a good product here that is fairly priced, but there's some strong competition if you want to shop around.

Side Effects

I had some joint dryness, particularly in my knees, in the first two weeks on this product. It did seem to abate after those two weeks. Not a big problem.

Conclusion

This is a good supplement that can support a variety of goals. Clearly the product is quality and the price point is competitive. I would absolutely recommend it to just about any experienced lifter. But don't be afraid to explore other options. There's some solid other AIs on the market that have some additional appeal in my opinion.

Overall
Thanks to Micronamin for sending it out!
  October 20, 2017

Pros:
 Cons:
  • Well Priced
  • Convenient
  • Hydration Recovery
  • General Health Support
  • Hydration Support
  • Poor Packet Design
  • Horrible Taste

I'm a big believer in BCAA supplementation and appreciate those products that include hydration-focused ingredients. But when I saw a straight up, electrolyte-only supplement, I knew I had to give it a try. I don't use Gatorade or Propel or any of the commercial sports drinks and usually rely solely on my intra-workout and regular water to keep me hydrated.

Micronamin's Reload is solid profile of core electrolytes and minerals i.e. potassium, sodium, calcium, and magnesium. Most ingredients are well dosed - you're not getting the full daily recommended value, but that's not exactly what you want in a hydration supplement. Your regular diet, multi-vitamin, and other supplements are likely also containing some dosage of these vitamins and minerals, and you certainly don't want to overdo it with supplements like sodium or calcium.

Reload supports the body in maintaining a proper fluid balance and supporting general health, and does so without any of the sugars or carbs one generally finds in a sports drink. Overall I thought the profile was solid. A good mix of key ingredients that one would expect to find in this type of product.

I also received the Lemon Lime flavor and, to be honest, I hated it. The taste is very strong and tart, even in 32 oz. of water. But what bothered me most was the aftertaste. Every sip gave me this acidic, medicinal aftertaste that would stick in the back of my throat, often times for hours after I had already finished a dose of Reload.

Mixability was decent. There was always some residue in the bottom of my bottle no matter how much I shook it up, meaning that last sip was usually gritty and powerful tasting.

I did appreciate the convenience factor of this supplement. The individual packets were nice to have and I always had a few of them on me for if I wanted a dose at work, on the weekends, etc. The packets themselves need a better design - they're difficult to open without the use of scissors.

I used this supplement for a variety of purposes. I tried it for intra-workout and post-workout hydration support. I'd dose it on off-days or in the AM. I'd toss a packet in a bottle and sip it while doing yard work. But my favorite use? After a good night of drinking. Had a few days where I woke up feeling less than 100% due to the night before and absolutely felt significantly better once I'd drunk down a dose of Reload. Honestly this was, in my case, the most prominent example of the effectiveness of this supplement. It was clear to me this delivers on its claims of providing recovery and all-day hydration.

One other note; this is a nice supplement to sip intra-workout. It provides a good mid-workout boost and keeps your endurance up. Reload is not providing the same level of DOMS recovery as a proper BCAA product, but I thought it was a good option for cardio days. Again, my only gripe was the damn taste. Ugh.

A box of 50 packets can be had on Amazon for $32 / 0.64c per packet. I personally think this is well priced. Most solid BCAA products with an electrolyte profile will cost you between .80c-$1.00 per scoop. Of course a .64c packet of Reload is a hell of a lot cheaper than a bottle of Gatorade, not to mention much healthier. I don't mind paying a few cents extra per packet for the convenience factor either.

Side Effects

Awful acidic aftertaste.

Conclusion

All in all this is a good product with a variety of uses. I'm looking at picking up another box in either Orange or Pink Lemonade though, as the Lemon Lime receives very low marks from me. But otherwise I would absolutely recommend this product to anyone interested in general hydration support. Great option for those trying to get off of sports drinks but need their water to be flavored. Even my MOM liked this product. She's a big user of electrolyte supplements (she lives in Florida and does a ton of gardening) so I gave her a few packets to try. She enjoyed it more so than I did. Good stuff.

Thanks to Dymatize Nutrition for sending it out!
  October 17, 2017

• Low Cals And Carbs
  • Good Quality
  • Clean Profile

As I mentioned in a recent review for another of their products, I'm a fan of Dymatize as a brand. In my experience they produce quality supplements at an affordable price, thus I was eager to try out Iso-100 when it opened up to the Troopers. My sincere apologies to Dymatize for the delay in posting this review.

Dymatize's Iso-100 is a clean, no frills whey protein isolate. Each scoop is a lean 110 calories containing 25g of protein, 5.5g BCAAs, no fat, and only 1g of carbohydrates. About as pure and simple as you can find and exactly what I look for in a protein supplement.

I requested and received the Chocolate Peanut Butter flavor which I enjoyed. Not overly flavored although you can tell it's artificially sweetened. This did not bother me at all, but I read that some other users found the taste to be too sweet for their liking. As for mixability, the powder is very fine and appears to be high quality. Mixed easily with almost no clumping or foaming.

I recently resumed an Intermittent Fasting eating protocol and thus Iso-100 as my bridge "meal" between lunch and dinner.

In my last few protein reviews I've quoted Petey on his stance on protein effectiveness as it mirrors my own. That being that the minuscule differences in protein effectiveness noted by a user outside of a lab environment are overblown by users saying a certain product is more effective than another. This is especially true for someone like myself who is not an elite athlete (nowhere near it). This position doesn't change for me even with a whey isolate protein product, which is touted as being better absorbed and more efficient/effective than whey protein concentrate.

In my opinion protein powder is a staple of a well-balanced diet. Also, provided the product is not total garbage and your diet and exercise regimes are dialed in, you'll see results regardless of the product you're using. This was the case with Iso-100. It helped me progress toward my goals and meet my macros, but I can't say I experienced a significant difference in gains as a direct result. I did appreciate the addition of 5.5gs of BCAAs for recovery support. I generally supplement BCAAs regardless, but another clinically-effective dose is always solid.

I'll include the fact that Iso-100 never caused me any indigestion or gas; an indication of its quality. It also did not keep me as full as a protein blend, which is to be expected given whey isolate is digested quickly

The best value for Iso-100 is a 5lb tub which will net you 73 scoops of protein at a total cost of ~$75. Basically $1.00 per scoop. While most generic whey proteins go for a bit less, ~.80c per scoop, whey isolates are generally more expensive. NutraBio's whey isolate will cost you $1.33 per scoop for example. Again, I don't prescribe to the notion that one needs a high quality protein to see results, but if you're committed to whey isolate as your primary post-workout protein source then Iso-100 offers a great price point.

Side Effects

Conclusion

Overall Iso-100 would be one of my first choices for a whey protein isolate. It's hard to beat from both a profile and a price perspective. Even if you're not a whey isolate devotee, Iso-100 is still worth a try.

Thanks to Dymatize Nutrition for sending it out!
      October 4, 2017

Pros:
     Cons:
    • Boosts Endurance
    • Fights Fatigue
    • Great Value
    • Low Dose Of Essential BCAAs

As I've written in other reviews, I'm a fan of constantly supplementing BCAAs for overall health and recovery. I also like Dymatize as a company as their products, in my experience, are generally of good quality and well-priced, thus I was eager to try out their new Amino Pro.

All I really care about in my intra-workouts/BCAA supplements is the actual dosing of BCAAs. 5g of essential BCAAs per serving has been clinically proven to be the minimum effective dose for the average human (according to my research). I typically like to dose at closer to 7-8gs twice a day. As such, I was slightly disappointed to see Amino Pro only contains 2.5g of essential amino acids per serving (these are amino acids that are not produced naturally by the body). Their amino blend is boosted by the inclusion of Taurine and Citrulline which, while nice additions, are non-essential amino acids and thus not as critical, at least in my opinion, in a recovery supplement.

I received the lemon lime flavor which was very standard. Nice and tart, refreshing, not overly sweet nor did it have any aftertaste. Well done here.

I generally dosed 1.5 scoops in 32 oz. of water and sipped throughout my workout. On off days I'd drink throughout the morning. Mixability is excellent. Amino Pro dissolves almost instantly with minimal shaking probably in part because the dose of BCAAs is low (BCAAs are hydrophobic by nature).

I personally can't tell the difference between most BCAA products. I notice a difference in my recovery time and the amount of DOMS I experience when I'm taking a BCAA versus when I'm not, but not usually between individual supplements. That said, I'd had a nice run of solid, appropriately dosed BCAA supplements leading up to, but not overlapping with, my taking Amino Pro. Specifically Slim Size's Recovery and, one of my personal favorites, UXO's BCAA Blast. After reviewing the profile of Amino Pro, I wasn't overly surprised when I did notice an uptick in my DOMS. Even at 1.5 scoops, I wasn't getting the normal boost to recovery that I usually experience when taking a BCAA.

That said, I did like Amino Pro as an intra-workout fatigue fighter. The doses of sodium and potassium, common electrolytes, is actually higher than most competitor products, and I did feel as though I had slightly more stamina at the end of my workouts. Nothing insane, but noticeable. It's part of the reason I didn't just start taking two full scoops each workout; I didn't want to blow through the tub in two weeks.

Most solid BCAA supplements will cost you around .80c per serving. Some of the flashier products with broader ingredient profiles will run you closer to $1.00 per scoop. As I mentioned earlier, Dymatize always prices their products well, and at 30 servings for $15, Amino Pro comes in at a really low .50c per scoop.

The problem is you're either going to have to double the serving to get an effective BCAA dose, thus running up the cost per serving to $1.00, or be comfortable knowing you're using the product primarily for it's workout-boosting properties.

Side Effects

Conclusion

This is a simple recovery product that provides good intra-workout support but lacks an effective dose of BCAAs in a single scoop. Still, the price point is excellent and the company is reputable. I can see this product being a good addition to a robust supplement stack that has several sources of BCAAs. If you're running a specific post-workout supplement or a protein that includes at least 5g of essential BCAAs per serving, then give Amino Pro a try. It's cheap and a good fatigue fighter. But if you're just in the market for a true BCAA product, I'd recommend something else.

Overall
    Thanks to Vital 4U® for sending it out!
      October 2, 2017

Pros:
     Cons:
    • Once A Day Dosing
    • General Feeling Of Well Being
    • Immune System Support
    • Underdosed Enzymes

I'm a believer in consistently taking a daily multivitamin in order to ensure you're meeting core nutritional needs. That said, I usually stick to a basic, one-pill multi with a relatively simple ingredient profile - ON's Opti-Men is a good example. When Vital 4 U popped up and I skimmed the MASSIVE ingredient list, I figured it'd be worth running to compare in effectiveness to a simpler vitamin.

Vital 4 U is a daily vitamin pack consisting of 14 different pills. Yes, FOURTEEN. 11 tables and 3 softgels. Bzyczek had a nice pic in his review that gives a brief overview of each pill, so naturally I'm stealing it and attaching it to my own for easy reference.

I'd have to write a thesis paper to summarize every ingredient in Vital 4U. Plus many of the ingredients included don't have a recommended daily value and thus there's no way to truly gauge if every pill provides an effective dose of each ingredient. That said, for the most part I found Vital 4U to be on par with or better than other "vitamin packs".

I also specifically compared Vital 4U against Universal's Animal Pak, which to many is the king of multi-vitamin supplement packs. To summarize; Animal Pak is stronger in its dosing of amino acids and digestive enzymes, plus it boasts liver-protecting ingredients, while Vital 4U has generally higher dosages of core vitamins and minerals i.e. vitamins A and C, and has more ingredients that support the immune system and mental clarity.

For the most part, these pills aren't unpleasant. Many have a slightly herbal smell and taste, but nothing that is overly aggressive. No issues with powder burps or indigestion. Really my own issue was the sheer number of vitamins. I'd drink a full glass of water getting all of these bad boys down.

As stated, it's rather difficult to gauge a vitamin's effectiveness. Did I honestly notice a significant difference taking Vital 4U compared to Opti-Men or another multi? No, though I was hoping to experience SOMETHING different given the scope of Vital 4U's ingredient profile. I mean, I didn't get sick or have any health issues while taking this product, and I generally felt healthier (as I usually do when taking a multi) but otherwise no change.

I will say that the dosage of digestive enzymes were not strong enough, for me at least, to replace an actual digestive enzyme supplement. I did notice a difference in my regularity when I stopped running GutHealth, which overlapped with my dosing of this product.

The industry norm for a men's multi is roughly .50c per dose, with the more aggressive "packs" usually running closer to $1.00 per day. At $1.16 per pack (when you buy the biggest available package), Vital 4U is hitting the top of the price scale. For comparison, Animal Pak costs $1.00 per serving, and you can grab a big bottle of Opti-Men, 80 servings, for $37 - that's .46c per day.

For me, this is more than I'm willing to spend on a multi, but I do think it's fairly priced considering everything that you're getting.

Side Effects

Conclusion

My recommendation of Vital 4U varies depending on the person. Is it a solid, EXTREMELY well-rounded multi vitamin? Absolutely. Would I personally pay the extra money to use this over a simpler product? No, but I certainly could see an elite athlete or a very health conscious person wanting a product with this type of robust profile. Do I think it's overpriced? Not really. You're getting a LOT, and there's something to be said for the convenience factor, but I'm just as satisfied with my regular go-to multi vitamin. All in all, a really good product, and worth a look if you've got deep pockets and a hunger for an insane amount of pills.

Thanks to EvoMuse for sending it out!
      September 11, 2017

Pros:
     Cons:
    • Appetite Suppression
    • Thermo Effect
    • Fat Loss Support
    • Not Available
    • Possible Heartburn

DCP is the third and final EvoMuse product I had the opportunity to run. I stacked this for a short time with their topical fat burner, SuperNova. In all honesty I've not had much success with non-stim fat burners. I find most to be minimally effective and/or the cause of significant negative side effects. That said, I was still interested to give DCP a run.

Props to EvoMuse for a fully disclosed ingredient profile, which is highly unusual for this type of supplement. If you want to read up on each ingredient, you can find a detailed summary here: https://www.nutri-verse.com/dcp-by-evomuse/

Trying to break down this profile to determine whether or not it is effectively dosed would be a challenge and at least partially impossible. Some of these ingredients are very unique and have minimal scientific research demonstrating effective dosages. That said, I pulled out the top two ingredients for a quick analysis.

L-Carnitine is a common amino acid supplement touted for its energy metabolism properties. Most sites recommend a daily dose of between 500mg and 2g daily. At 900mg across three dosages, DCP is on point with this ingredient.

Artemisia iwayomogi is an herb commonly used in Korea for various purposes, with some research suggesting it possess fat burning properties. There is insufficient evidence for a recommended dose for human consumption, but the estimated dose is 2,900mg for a 200lb. person. At just under 1g across three doses, DCP falls short of this recommendation but again, minimal knowledge here.

I did my best to maintain a regularly scheduled dosing protocol but wasn't always successful. Meetings, work, life, etc. sometimes got in the way. Generally I threw down two of these in the early AM on an empty stomach, two with lunch, and two with dinner. The gel caps are a standard size and easy to swallow.

I am not sure if one of the caps had burst open or if it was a result of the packaging process, but all my caps had a light dusting of powder on them. This has 10mg of capsaicin, which obviously made swallowing the caps somewhat unpleasant. I also had a few instances of powder-burps which were also uncomfortable.

As other users reported, DCP was most effective in the areas of appetite suppression and thermogenesis. I've recently transitioned back to an IF eating protocol and I noticed a marked difference in my cravings in the morning hours during my fast while on DCP. I would also say that, for the morning dose in particular, I experienced a pleasant heat throughout my core.

As for actual fat loss; nothing dramatic for me. I've slowly been cutting down and was at 225lbs. a few months ago. Recently I've consistently weighed in at 213lbs. A solid 10-12lb. loss over four months. Did DCP support this progress? I'd say yes, but it certainly wasn't the sole cause.

Non-stim fat loss agents are an odd bag with most falling into the category of being only partially effective (check the reviews overview - the only product over an 8 is Thyrotwin). They are also usually very expensive yet tough to compare pricewise give the drastically different ingredient profiles.

Unfortunately I am not able to currently find DCP available for purchase anywhere, even on EvoMuse's own site. That said, if it was in stock, you would expect to pay between $40-$45 for a 30 day supply. This is on par with Neco-Adipem, the second most popular non-stim fat loss agent on this site. But in my book that's a LOT of money to pay for a "support" product that isn't going to product insane results.

Side Effects

Slight heartburn. Powder burps.

Conclusion

If you've got money to spend and want a non-stim fat loss product, DCP is a good option. It's not something that's regularly going to be in my stack, but I appreciate EvoMuse putting out a fully disclosed profile. Perhaps it's being reformulated as it is currently not available on any website.

Thanks to EvoMuse for sending it out!
      September 7, 2017

Pros:
     Cons:
    • Easy Dosing
    • Improves Bathroom Regularity
    • Improves Stool Consistancy

Quick thank you to EvoMuse for allowing me to run three of their products and apologies for the delay in the posting of this review. Unrelated note - I thought the name of this product was clever. Gt is the German word for "good", so Gt Health can also be read as Good Health. You learned something today.

GutHealth is touted as a digestive and immune health supplement. It contains 12 billion CFU of six strains of various bacilli (small intestine probiotics), and three prebiotics (nourish existing good bacteria in large intestine).

This is ...

This is a good profile. 12 billion CFU from six strands of bacilli are within the standard counts for a probiotic supplement. You can find probiotics that supply as low as 10 billion CFU and contain anywhere from four to 40 probiotic strains. Some research suggests a probiotic should be in the 15-45 billion CFU range, with anything above that being excessive and only for marketing purposes.

A handful, but not many, probiotic supplements also include prebiotics, but I was unable to find any sort of baseline with which to gauge GutHealth's dosage.

I don't generally post specific ingredient profiles in my reviews, but probiotics are interesting to me and one of those supplements where additional research can be very beneficial to the buyer. Here's a short summary of the six probiotic strands in GutHealth.

Bacillus Coagulens: has been shown to decrease abdominal pain and bloating that's associated with a high protein diet
    Bacillus Subtilis: has been shown to stimulate and improve innate immune function
    Lactobacillus Casei: has been shown to reduce lactose intolerance, enhance nutrient digestion and absorption, and reduce GI inflammatory factors
    Streptococcus Thermophilae: has been shown to reduce GI inflammatory factors and have potent immunomodulatory and anticarcinogenic effects
    Lactobacillus Plantarum: has been shown to promote protein absorption/ utilization and reduce GI inflammatory factors
    Bifidobacterium Breve: has been shown to alleviate gas symptoms typical with high protein ingestion, reduce bloating, and have powerful immunomodulary effects

I dosed GutHealth as instructed - two pills for the first five days and then one pill each day thereafter. I did have a few days in the cycle where I decided to pop two caps instead of one. Though it's not specifically stated, I've always read it's best to take priobiotics with a meal, thus I usually dosed GutHealth with lunch or dinner.

The pills are very easy to swallow. Absolutely no taste or anything along those lines.

The container for a probiotic needs to be of high quality and EvoMuse does a good job here with a totally blacked out plastic bottle.

I noticed significant results within five days of using GutHealth. I was more regular and had far healthier movements. I also had fewer instances of, what I like to call, preworkout evacuations. You know what I'm talking about. Gas and bloating was also slightly improved (though not erased entirely). This is how I usually respond to a good probiotic and it was obvious to me that GutHealth was performing as advertised.

With respect to immune function, I can't say I noticed any change however I'm very rarely sick as is. I did not have any issues with a summer cold prior to taking GutHealth or while on the product.

GutHealth is a solid deal despite the fact it's only currently available on EvoMuse's own website. At $33 for 75 caps, you're paying only .44c per cap. I personally got right around 60 days from this bottle, and even so the value still works out to .55c per dose.

Most of the higher level probiotics cost around $1.00 per dose, while some of the simpler products can run as low as .30c per dose. It really depends on the CFU count, the number of strands in the product, and the manufacturing process. All said and done, I think GutHealth is very competitively priced.

Side Effects

Conclusion

Evomuse has here a great supplement for anyone looking to better their overall health. I noticed results in a short time frame and those results lasted through the end of the bottle. Clearly the product delivers high quality and effective ingredients at a great price point. I would absolutely recommend this product to anyone.

Overall
    Thanks to UXO Supplements for sending it out!
      August 31, 2017

Pros:
     Cons:
    • Reduced Fatigue
    • Improved Recovery
    • Reduced DOMS
    • Great Company Mission
    • Amazing Taste

I was fortunate enough to be able to run a suite of UXO products, including their BCAA Blast. I've already posted my review of their Pro Blend protein, which I thoroughly enjoyed. Thanks to UXO for allowing me this opportunity and apologies for the delay in the posting of this write-up.

All I really care about in my intra-workouts is the dosage of BCAAs. Blast serves up 6g of essential amino acids at a 2:1:1 ratio which is a clinically proven / effective dose. Good stuff. Also included are glutamine for recovery as well as potassium, B6, and sodium for hydration. All in all a basic but effective profile. Far less flashy than a lot of other BCAA products on the market, but personally I prefer UXO's approach.

BCCA Blast was my go-to morning BCAA supplement. I exercise most mornings, so on lifting days I would put one scoop in 32 oz. of ice water and sip throughout my workout. On rest days I still threw a scoop in my water bottle to sip throughout the morning. Mixability was excellent. No foaming or clumping or residue.

I requested and received the Grape flavor, which was PHENOMENAL. I loved it. Grape flavored supplements on the whole tend to have an artificial taste, as was the case here, but man I couldn't get enough of this stuff. One of the best tasting supplements I've had in a while. As I mentioned in my review on UXO's Pro Blend, these guys have taste and flavoring nailed down. All three of their products that I tried were on point in this category.

As a straight recovery product, BCAA Blast was solid. I generally am unable to gauge much difference in effectiveness between BCAA products (when they're properly dosed that is). I do certainly notice a change in my recovery and the amount of DOMS I experience when I'm taking a BCAA product versus when I'm not, but not between individual supplements. Blast was no different. My recovery time was solid and I felt as though I was better able to push through workouts and hit my sets harder than normal. I was surprised at how effective Blast was in that category specifically considering it's not as loaded with electrolytes or vitamins as other products. High marks all around.

Most solid BCAA supplements will cost you around .80c per serving. Some of the flashier products with broader ingredient profiles will run you closer to $1.00 per scoop. Right now, Blast is only available on UXO's main site at $35 for 33 scoops, however there are several opportunities to get a discount via email signups or combos. On SR.com the price is listed at $30 for a tub, which does seem to be doable if you use a discount opportunity. At that price point you're looking at .90c per scoop.

Yes, this is slightly more expensive than some other products, but this is still appropriate and competitive by my standards. Personally I'd be willing to spend a few more dollars for Blast knowing I'm getting a quality, effectively-dosed product that works well and tastes amazing.

Side Effects

Conclusion

This is a simple recovery product that does what it states. While it's not the most robust intra-workout option, I had a good experience with BCAA Blast and would absolutely recommend it. I also appreciate UXO's mission and support of veterans, which makes me even more likely to buy from them in the future. If you're looking to change up your intra-workout supplementation, give Blast a try.

Overall
    Thanks to UXO Supplements for sending it out!
      August 18, 2017

Pros:
     Cons:
    • 7 Sources Of Protein
    • Keeps You Full
    • Clean Profile
    • Amazing Taste
    It'd been a while since I'd run any type of protein other than standard whey concentrate, so when UXO offered up several tubs of their Pro Blend, I figured I'd give it a shot. I was fortunate enough to be able to try three UXO products at the end of the day - thanks to UXO for participating in the Troopers program.

This protein is built on a solid foundation. 24g of protein from seven protein sources. Obviously the most prominent protein in the profile is whey concentrate, but overall Pro Blend hits you with three extended release, two medium release, and two immediate release proteins. Carbs (12g) and sugars (4g) per serving are slightly higher than I normally like to see, but are still comparable to other products. And aside from the protein, this is a clean, no frills ingredient profile which I personally prefer.

I believe I actually requested the Cappuccino flavor but ended up received Strawberry Milkshake. Now, if you read any of my other protein reviews, you'll read that I am chocolate protein purist through and through. It's been years since I've had a fruit-flavored protein powder so I'll admit, I was skeptical. Boy was I wrong. This protein is DELICIOUS. Even when mixed in water the taste was light and creamy. Amazing. And honestly this tasted like a legit store-bought strawberry milkshake when blended up with a banana, ice, and some almond milk.

Actually, all three of UXO's products that I ran tasted incredible. These boys have got taste and flavoring nailed down tight. As for mix-ability, this powder is very fine and just LOOKS high quality. Mixed easily with almost no clumping or foaming.

I recently resumed an Intermittent Fasting eating protocol and thus used Pro Blend as my bridge "meal" between lunch and dinner.

I think my last two protein reviews I've quoted Petey on his stance on protein effectiveness as it mirrors my own. I'll do so again here: "I would strongly challenge someone to give a valid reasoning for saying that one protein is more effective than another in how much they gained from it. The minuscule differences that are noted by a user outside of a lab environment are overblown by saying a certain protein is more effective than another."

In my opinion protein powder is a staple of a well-balanced diet and should be used in conjunction with a solid exercise regimen. And that, provided the product is not total garbage, you'll see results regardless of the product you're using provide the diet and workout plan are dialed in.

What I will say about Pro Blend is I absolutely noticed a difference in my hunger and appetite levels on days when I did have a shake vs. those when I did not. I was far less hungry in those late afternoon hours on days when I had a shake, which I directly attributed to the medium and slow release proteins in this product. This was honestly really helpful me in re-adapting to the IF protocol, and proved to me that the product did indeed meet its claims of providing a longer period of protein synthesis.

Pro Blend is not widely available. I was only able to find it on UXO's site at $40 for 30 servings - $1.33 per serving. This is the same price as NutraBio's Muscle Matrix, and is comparable to RC's Pro-Antium and ON's Pro Complex. Now, the profile of Pro Blend isn't quite as flashy as some of these other blended protein supplements, but unless you really want extra creatine or BCAAs in your protein, I don't see this as a negative.

Side Effects

Conclusion

Overall I really enjoyed Pro Blend. It's one of the best tasting proteins I've had in a long time and, judging based on my feelings of fullness, it was effective at releasing protein into my body over an extended period of time - exactly what you want from a protein blend. The price point is fair and I really appreciate the mission of UXO as a company. High marks from me all around.