Cray

SR TROOPer

• Member has been active for 7 years, and was last online today
  • Social media account not linked

TROPHY CASE

Reviews by Cray

September 11, 2017

Pros:
 Cons:
  • Appetite Suppression
  • Thermo Effect
  • Fat Loss Support
  • Not Available
  • Possible Heartburn

DCP is the third and final EvoMuse product I had the opportunity to run. I stacked this for a short time with their topical fat burner, SuperNova. In all honesty I've not had much success with non-stim fat burners. I find most to be minimally effective and/or the cause of significant negative side effects. That said, I was still interested to give DCP a run.

Props to EvoMuse for a fully disclosed ingredient profile, which is highly unusual for this type of supplement. If you want to read up on each ingredient, you can find a detailed summary here: https://www.nutri-verse.com/dcp-by-evomuse/

Trying to break down this profile to determine whether or not it is effectively dosed would be a challenge and at least partially impossible. Some of these ingredients are very unique and have minimal scientific research demonstrating effective dosages. That said, I pulled out the top two ingredients for a quick analysis.

L-Carnitine is a common amino acid supplement touted for its energy metabolism properties. Most sites recommend a daily dose of between 500mg and 2g daily. At 900mg across three dosages, DCP is on point with this ingredient.

Artemisia iwayomogi is an herb commonly used in Korea for various purposes, with some research suggesting it possess fat burning properties. There is insufficient evidence for a recommended dose for human consumption, but the estimated dose is 2,900mg for a 200lb. person. At just under 1g across three doses, DCP falls short of this recommendation but again, minimal knowledge here.

I did my best to maintain a regularly scheduled dosing protocol but wasn't always successful. Meetings, work, life, etc. sometimes got in the way. Generally I threw down two of these in the early AM on an empty stomach, two with lunch, and two with dinner. The gel caps are a standard size and easy to swallow.

I am not sure if one of the caps had burst open or if it was a result of the packaging process, but all my caps had a light dusting of powder on them. This has 10mg of capsaicin, which obviously made swallowing the caps somewhat unpleasant. I also had a few instances of powder-burps which were also uncomfortable.

As other users reported, DCP was most effective in the areas of appetite suppression and thermogenesis. I've recently transitioned back to an IF eating protocol and I noticed a marked difference in my cravings in the morning hours during my fast while on DCP. I would also say that, for the morning dose in particular, I experienced a pleasant heat throughout my core.

As for actual fat loss; nothing dramatic for me. I've slowly been cutting down and was at 225lbs. a few months ago. Recently I've consistently weighed in at 213lbs. A solid 10-12lb. loss over four months. Did DCP support this progress? I'd say yes, but it certainly wasn't the sole cause.

Non-stim fat loss agents are an odd bag with most falling into the category of being only partially effective (check the reviews overview - the only product over an 8 is Thyrotwin). They are also usually very expensive yet tough to compare pricewise give the drastically different ingredient profiles.

Unfortunately I am not able to currently find DCP available for purchase anywhere, even on EvoMuse's own site. That said, if it was in stock, you would expect to pay between $40-$45 for a 30 day supply. This is on par with Neco-Adipem, the second most popular non-stim fat loss agent on this site. But in my book that's a LOT of money to pay for a "support" product that isn't going to product insane results.

Side Effects

Slight heartburn. Powder burps.

Conclusion

If you've got money to spend and want a non-stim fat loss product, DCP is a good option. It's not something that's regularly going to be in my stack, but I appreciate EvoMuse putting out a fully disclosed profile. Perhaps it's being reformulated as it is currently not available on any website.

September 7, 2017

Pros:
 Cons:
  • Easy Dosing
  • Improves Bathroom Regularity
  • Improves Stool Consistancy

Quick thank you to EvoMuse for allowing me to run three of their products and apologies for the delay in the posting of this review. Unrelated note - I thought the name of this product was clever. Gt is the German word for "good", so Gt Health can also be read as Good Health. You learned something today.

GutHealth is touted as a digestive and immune health supplement. It contains 12 billion CFU of six strains of various bacilli (small intestine probiotics), and three prebiotics (nourish existing good bacteria in large intestine).

This is ...

This is a good profile. 12 billion CFU from six strands of bacilli are within the standard counts for a probiotic supplement. You can find probiotics that supply as low as 10 billion CFU and contain anywhere from four to 40 probiotic strains. Some research suggests a probiotic should be in the 15-45 billion CFU range, with anything above that being excessive and only for marketing purposes.

A handful, but not many, probiotic supplements also include prebiotics, but I was unable to find any sort of baseline with which to gauge GutHealth's dosage.

I don't generally post specific ingredient profiles in my reviews, but probiotics are interesting to me and one of those supplements where additional research can be very beneficial to the buyer. Here's a short summary of the six probiotic strands in GutHealth.

Bacillus Coagulens: has been shown to decrease abdominal pain and bloating that's associated with a high protein diet
Bacillus Subtilis: has been shown to stimulate and improve innate immune function
Lactobacillus Casei: has been shown to reduce lactose intolerance, enhance nutrient digestion and absorption, and reduce GI inflammatory factors
Streptococcus Thermophilae: has been shown to reduce GI inflammatory factors and have potent immunomodulatory and anticarcinogenic effects
Lactobacillus Plantarum: has been shown to promote protein absorption/ utilization and reduce GI inflammatory factors
Bifidobacterium Breve: has been shown to alleviate gas symptoms typical with high protein ingestion, reduce bloating, and have powerful immunomodulary effects

I dosed GutHealth as instructed - two pills for the first five days and then one pill each day thereafter. I did have a few days in the cycle where I decided to pop two caps instead of one. Though it's not specifically stated, I've always read it's best to take priobiotics with a meal, thus I usually dosed GutHealth with lunch or dinner.

The pills are very easy to swallow. Absolutely no taste or anything along those lines.

The container for a probiotic needs to be of high quality and EvoMuse does a good job here with a totally blacked out plastic bottle.

I noticed significant results within five days of using GutHealth. I was more regular and had far healthier movements. I also had fewer instances of, what I like to call, preworkout evacuations. You know what I'm talking about. Gas and bloating was also slightly improved (though not erased entirely). This is how I usually respond to a good probiotic and it was obvious to me that GutHealth was performing as advertised.

With respect to immune function, I can't say I noticed any change however I'm very rarely sick as is. I did not have any issues with a summer cold prior to taking GutHealth or while on the product.

GutHealth is a solid deal despite the fact it's only currently available on EvoMuse's own website. At $33 for 75 caps, you're paying only .44c per cap. I personally got right around 60 days from this bottle, and even so the value still works out to .55c per dose.

Most of the higher level probiotics cost around $1.00 per dose, while some of the simpler products can run as low as .30c per dose. It really depends on the CFU count, the number of strands in the product, and the manufacturing process. All said and done, I think GutHealth is very competitively priced.

Side Effects

Conclusion

Evomuse has here a great supplement for anyone looking to better their overall health. I noticed results in a short time frame and those results lasted through the end of the bottle. Clearly the product delivers high quality and effective ingredients at a great price point. I would absolutely recommend this product to anyone.

Overall
Thanks to UXO Supplements for sending it out!
  August 31, 2017

Pros:
 Cons:
  • Reduced Fatigue
  • Improved Recovery
  • Reduced DOMS
  • Great Company Mission
  • Amazing Taste

I was fortunate enough to be able to run a suite of UXO products, including their BCAA Blast. I've already posted my review of their Pro Blend protein, which I thoroughly enjoyed. Thanks to UXO for allowing me this opportunity and apologies for the delay in the posting of this write-up.

All I really care about in my intra-workouts is the dosage of BCAAs. Blast serves up 6g of essential amino acids at a 2:1:1 ratio which is a clinically proven / effective dose. Good stuff. Also included are glutamine for recovery as well as potassium, B6, and sodium for hydration. All in all a basic but effective profile. Far less flashy than a lot of other BCAA products on the market, but personally I prefer UXO's approach.

BCCA Blast was my go-to morning BCAA supplement. I exercise most mornings, so on lifting days I would put one scoop in 32 oz. of ice water and sip throughout my workout. On rest days I still threw a scoop in my water bottle to sip throughout the morning. Mixability was excellent. No foaming or clumping or residue.

I requested and received the Grape flavor, which was PHENOMENAL. I loved it. Grape flavored supplements on the whole tend to have an artificial taste, as was the case here, but man I couldn't get enough of this stuff. One of the best tasting supplements I've had in a while. As I mentioned in my review on UXO's Pro Blend, these guys have taste and flavoring nailed down. All three of their products that I tried were on point in this category.

As a straight recovery product, BCAA Blast was solid. I generally am unable to gauge much difference in effectiveness between BCAA products (when they're properly dosed that is). I do certainly notice a change in my recovery and the amount of DOMS I experience when I'm taking a BCAA product versus when I'm not, but not between individual supplements. Blast was no different. My recovery time was solid and I felt as though I was better able to push through workouts and hit my sets harder than normal. I was surprised at how effective Blast was in that category specifically considering it's not as loaded with electrolytes or vitamins as other products. High marks all around.

Most solid BCAA supplements will cost you around .80c per serving. Some of the flashier products with broader ingredient profiles will run you closer to $1.00 per scoop. Right now, Blast is only available on UXO's main site at $35 for 33 scoops, however there are several opportunities to get a discount via email signups or combos. On SR.com the price is listed at $30 for a tub, which does seem to be doable if you use a discount opportunity. At that price point you're looking at .90c per scoop.

Yes, this is slightly more expensive than some other products, but this is still appropriate and competitive by my standards. Personally I'd be willing to spend a few more dollars for Blast knowing I'm getting a quality, effectively-dosed product that works well and tastes amazing.

Side Effects

Conclusion

This is a simple recovery product that does what it states. While it's not the most robust intra-workout option, I had a good experience with BCAA Blast and would absolutely recommend it. I also appreciate UXO's mission and support of veterans, which makes me even more likely to buy from them in the future. If you're looking to change up your intra-workout supplementation, give Blast a try.

Overall
Thanks to UXO Supplements for sending it out!
  August 18, 2017

Pros:
 Cons:
  • 7 Sources Of Protein
  • Keeps You Full
  • Clean Profile
  • Amazing Taste
It'd been a while since I'd run any type of protein other than standard whey concentrate, so when UXO offered up several tubs of their Pro Blend, I figured I'd give it a shot. I was fortunate enough to be able to try three UXO products at the end of the day - thanks to UXO for participating in the Troopers program.

This protein is built on a solid foundation. 24g of protein from seven protein sources. Obviously the most prominent protein in the profile is whey concentrate, but overall Pro Blend hits you with three extended release, two medium release, and two immediate release proteins. Carbs (12g) and sugars (4g) per serving are slightly higher than I normally like to see, but are still comparable to other products. And aside from the protein, this is a clean, no frills ingredient profile which I personally prefer.

I believe I actually requested the Cappuccino flavor but ended up received Strawberry Milkshake. Now, if you read any of my other protein reviews, you'll read that I am chocolate protein purist through and through. It's been years since I've had a fruit-flavored protein powder so I'll admit, I was skeptical. Boy was I wrong. This protein is DELICIOUS. Even when mixed in water the taste was light and creamy. Amazing. And honestly this tasted like a legit store-bought strawberry milkshake when blended up with a banana, ice, and some almond milk.

Actually, all three of UXO's products that I ran tasted incredible. These boys have got taste and flavoring nailed down tight. As for mix-ability, this powder is very fine and just LOOKS high quality. Mixed easily with almost no clumping or foaming.

I recently resumed an Intermittent Fasting eating protocol and thus used Pro Blend as my bridge "meal" between lunch and dinner.

I think my last two protein reviews I've quoted Petey on his stance on protein effectiveness as it mirrors my own. I'll do so again here: "I would strongly challenge someone to give a valid reasoning for saying that one protein is more effective than another in how much they gained from it. The minuscule differences that are noted by a user outside of a lab environment are overblown by saying a certain protein is more effective than another."

In my opinion protein powder is a staple of a well-balanced diet and should be used in conjunction with a solid exercise regimen. And that, provided the product is not total garbage, you'll see results regardless of the product you're using provide the diet and workout plan are dialed in.

What I will say about Pro Blend is I absolutely noticed a difference in my hunger and appetite levels on days when I did have a shake vs. those when I did not. I was far less hungry in those late afternoon hours on days when I had a shake, which I directly attributed to the medium and slow release proteins in this product. This was honestly really helpful me in re-adapting to the IF protocol, and proved to me that the product did indeed meet its claims of providing a longer period of protein synthesis.

Pro Blend is not widely available. I was only able to find it on UXO's site at $40 for 30 servings - $1.33 per serving. This is the same price as NutraBio's Muscle Matrix, and is comparable to RC's Pro-Antium and ON's Pro Complex. Now, the profile of Pro Blend isn't quite as flashy as some of these other blended protein supplements, but unless you really want extra creatine or BCAAs in your protein, I don't see this as a negative.

Side Effects

Conclusion

Overall I really enjoyed Pro Blend. It's one of the best tasting proteins I've had in a long time and, judging based on my feelings of fullness, it was effective at releasing protein into my body over an extended period of time - exactly what you want from a protein blend. The price point is fair and I really appreciate the mission of UXO as a company. High marks from me all around.

Thanks to AthElite Nutrition for sending it out!
  August 11, 2017

Pros:
 Cons:
  • Solid Pumps
  • Fully Disclosed Profile
  • Inconsistent Results
  • Poor Taste
  • Extremely Expensive
  • Possible Negative Side Effects

I noticed Train pop up several times for Troopers and, after reviewing the profile and the company's mission, decided I'd give it a run. Props to AthElite for being committed to clear product labels and safe supplementation.

Fully disclosed and somewhat effectively dosed. The amount of NALC, creatine, and Beta Alanine per scoop is light, but the caffeine is on point (for me at least - 250mg is what I prefer) as is the Theanine and Leucine. A few of the major players aren't included here i.e. Citrulline Malate and Theobromine, but there are a few unique ingredients that I'd not seen before, most notably Nitrosigine and Huperzia Serrata Extract. All in all an interesting profile that's somewhat different from competitor preworkouts.

Woof. As others have stated, the flavoring of Train is rough. It comes in one flavor - Cherry Limeade, and is naturally sweetened with Stevia, which has a fairly distinct taste. I found it to be very bitter with this lingering medicinal / artificial aftertaste (ironic no?). Not pleasant at all.

Normally I dose pre's on an empty stomach and sip on the way to the gym. I ended up experimenting with Train as I found I had better results when dosing this with food and giving it longer to set in before exercising (30-45 minutes).

Mixability is OK. There was always some grit and residue at the bottom of my bottle. Nothing excessive.

The first few doses I really wasn't feeling much at all but, as mentioned, once I started experimenting with the timing I was able to get more out of the product. When I did get it dialed in, I found Train to be fairly standard. The pumps are decent despite the fact there's no CM. The energy was solid, a little jittery (maybe I didn't respond well to the Theanine), but otherwise very comparable to other preworkouts. Nothing noticeable for me with respect to strength but my workouts center on high reps at low-medium weight, so this isn't unexpected.

Unfortunately I did have a few doses that did not sit well with me. On two separate occasions I experienced a very strong face-flush about twenty minutes post-dose, to the point where I had bright red splotches on my shoulders, necks, and cheeks that lasted about 30 minutes. It was unpleasant and caused me to really struggle through my workout. I've never had a preworkout cause me this type of side effect before and I'm honestly not sure how/what/why this was triggered.

The industry average for preworkouts, from my research, is right around $1.00. If you want to go for a product that uses only high quality, clinically dosed ingredients (Outlift for example) you can expect to pay closer to $1.75 per scoop. Train is $45 for 21 scoops that's a ridiculous $2.14 per serving. This is the most expensive preworkout I've ever taken. I've no idea why this is price so high considering the profile. Of course, it doesn't help that Train is only available on AthElite's own website.

Now, I think AthElite is a relatively new company so maybe they've not been able to get their products on main distributor sites just yet. Hopefully once they do Train will be better priced, because right now it's not even in the affordability ballpark in my book.

Side Effects

Strong face flushing and tingles. Red blotches on face and neck.

Conclusion

I had to give mediocre marks to Train given the insane price point and negative side effects that I experienced. When I was able to dial it in, I found this product to be a solid, well-rounded preworkout, but there needs to be some adjustments to the profile, the flavoring, and the price in order for Train to climb the ranks, but I'll continue to look out for more AthElite supplements as I do appreciate the goals of this company.

August 7, 2017

Pros:
 Cons:
  • Pleasant Burning Sensation
  • Ingredient Amount Not Listed
  • Little Brown Clumps
  • Ineffective
  • Frustrating To Dose Accurately

Thanks to EvoMuse for giving me a chance to try Supernova. This was an entirely new type of supplement for me - I'd not previously tried a topical fat burner and was excited to give this a run.

I am not sure where to being with this profile. It's a lengthy list of ingredients that includes a variety of stimulants, extracts, and alcohols. A few of these ingredients have been shown in independent studies to support fat loss when applied topically (isopropyl, aminophylline, yohimbe), but without knowing the specific mLs, there's no way to determine if Supernova is serving up an effective dose of any/all ingredients.

Having no experience with this type of product, I had no true expectations when it came to the profile.

Good lord. This is probably the most inconvenient and annoying product I've ever used. Per the instructions, I rubbed a "silver dollar sized amount" of the thin brown liquid all over my midsection immediately post-shower. This meant I used this product six days a week, for roughly five weeks. I got ~30 doses from the bottle. A pump would be very helpful here. I was never sure if I was maybe using too much, if I was miscalculating the size of a silver dollar, if maybe I needed less because I'm not a large person, etc.

The liquid is thin and clumpy, with gelatin lumps that I could never get to breakdown no matter how long I shook the bottle pre-application or how much I tried to rub them into my skin. Plus the liquid doesn't so much absorb into your skin as it dries on it. Meaning I had brown flecks coating the inside of my shirt or my bedsheets after ever application. Luckily it didn't stain, but I always felt like I was "missing out" and not getting the full effects of each dose. It wasn't an option for me to go shirtless since I have young kids and I was constantly worried about them accidentally coming into contact with the product just from me holding them.

I experienced a nice icy burn for about 20 minutes after every dose. Very similar to icy-hot. Not painful or inconvenient at all.

I was intrigued by Supernova because it specifically states on the label that it works for people of all body fat percentages. I'm a fairly average guy overall, but my Pectus Excavatum condition means I carry a larger-than-normal percentage of body fat in my midsection. It's the last area I lose weight from when cutting, and it's overall an extremely stubborn region of my body I was hoping Supernova would change that. Unfortunately it did not. I noticed no discernible difference in waist circumference or definition after five weeks on this product. I've gotten back into Intermittent Fasting recently as a way to better control caloric intake and I've started seeing some weight loss as a result, but only after getting back into this eating regimen.

Amazon carries Supernova for a steep $52.99 per bottle. This seems on par with the handful of other topical fat loss agents I found on the same site (Vasoburn - $47.49 / Lipoderm-Y - $44.99). Obviously, given my results, there's just no way I would pay that price for this product. Even if it was somewhat effective, you could likely get similar effects from a high-end orally-dosed burner at ~$35 for a month, or you could even grab something like Thyrotwin at $15 which lasts three months.

Side Effects

Conclusion

Of the three Evomuse products I was given the opportunity to run, Supernova was my least favorite. It was a total bust for me. Perhaps that's due to my condition and genetics. Perhaps I didn't utilize the bottle to its fullest potential. Whatever the reason, I found this product inconvenient and ineffective and can't think of any situation if which I would recommend it.

Thanks to RSP for sending it out!
  July 3, 2017

• Healthy Replacement For CoffeeEnergy Drinks
  • Under-dosed Blends
  • Not True Preworkout Or BCAA Product

Thanks to RSP for allowing me to run both their Regen and Amino Focus products and apologies for the delay in posting this review.

Though it has "amino" in its name, I wouldn't classify Amino Focus as a BCAA supplement or as a preworkout (which is how SR has it categorized). Instead I'd call this a "preworkout-lite" product that's similar to G Fuel or Muscle Feast's 8 Hour Power. I knew looking at the profile that this wouldn't be strong enough for me to use as an actual preworkout, but could be a good fit as a mid-day booster to replace my afternoon coffee.

The stim profile is relatively low at only 125mg caffeine and 100mg Theacrine per two scoops. Also included are an amino blend and a focus blend, neither of which are particularly impressive. Essential BCAAs (leucine, valine, isoleucine), per my research, need to be dosed at 5g per dose in order to be effective. Focus has a 5g amino blend with the first ingredient being L-Taurine, a non-essential amino acid, which is typically dosed at around 1g on its own. Also listed in the blend are bunch of other amino acid derivatives, which basically means you're getting nowhere near an effective dose of essential amino acids in two scoops.

Same deal with the focus blend. You've got three choline-based nootropic compounds here, but all of them have a recommended dosage of around 500mg. The entire blend is dosed at 600mg for two scoops you do the math.

I usually dosed 2-3 scoops of Amino Focus in 32oz. ice water in the afternoon on most workdays to serve as an energy booster and to get me through those fantastic post-lunch meetings. I requested and received the Blackberry Lemonade flavor which was excellent. It's not overly sweet, nor does it have a chemical aftertaste. Really nice and refreshing and never got old. Mixability is also excellent. Dissolves quickly with little to no foaming or residue.

As is to be expected with this sort of ingredient profile and with how I dosed it, effects were minimal. I did notice a decent kick from the caffeine and Theacrine, which was appropriate and what I wanted mid-day, but the actual "Focus" effects were lacking. I felt more energized but can't really say that I was more focused on my work. Certainly not like I am when I'm in the gym and have a proper pre-workout. Outbreak's Virus is a good example here - it contains an appropriate dosing of choline bitartrate per scoop and worked really well for me with respect to focus. I did not get a similar effect from Amino Focus.

Yes, you could up the number of scoops as is instructed on the tub but going up to "high intensity" at six scoops means you're now taking 675mg of stimulants and jacking the cost per dose up significantly. I'm personally not going this route with this type of product. Makes no sense from a price standpoint.

From what I've seen so far, RSP does a great job pricing their products competitively. A tub of Amino Focus (with 60 scoops / 30 servings) will cost you ~$16 on Amazon. Basically ~.50c per serving. Tough to compare this price-wise with either preworkouts or proper BCAA products considering you're just not getting the same dosage of key ingredients. As a coffee or energy drink replacement, I think this is a good value. If you're going to try and use this to replace a proper preworkout, you're probably going to be spending $1.50 per dose which simply isn't smart from a cost perspective.

Side Effects

Conclusion

Amino Focus gets ahead of itself. It's a nice option as a mid-day energy supplement or as a healthy replacement for daily energy drinks, but the amino and focus blends are under dosed. Tweak those profiles and I think this could be a really great product. Personally I still recommend it in select circumstances, but do think they are stronger options on the market if you're looking for this type of "preworkout lite" product.

Thanks to Propello Life for sending it out!
  June 29, 2017

Pros:
 Cons:
  • No Hormones
  • Clean Profile
  • High Quality Ingredients
  • Not Enough Servings Per Container
  • Bad Container Design
  • Low Grams Of Protein Per Serving

I'm always open to trying new protein powders and was intrigued by Propello Life's approach to a standard supplement. Their whey concentrate is derived from grass-fed cows, is hormone and antibiotic free, and is naturally flavored. Thanks to Propello for letting me run a can.

The profile of this whey is about as basic and clean as you can get. They're no additives or fat-burning complexes or an extra amino acid profile. Just 20g of whey concentrate that's naturally sweetened with Stevia. I do appreciate the simplicity here, but 20g of protein per scoop is a light dose. I typically shoot for ~30g of protein post-workout.

I requested and received the Chocolate flavor. As is expected from a product that's flavored with raw cocoa and Stevia, the taste is not as refined as other whey supplements. There's a slight bitterness due to the cocoa, and Stevia has a somewhat distinctive aftertaste in my experience. Not bad, but not a great tasting whey.

Mixability was also mediocre. This is a stubborn powder that regularly left residue in the bottom of my shaker cup. Obviously it was fine when blended, but if you're like me and usually just mix your protein with water, you'll want to throw in a blender ball to help this product out.

It's been stated in other reviews but the container design is flat out dumb. This is stored in what is essentially a paint can. You have to pry the lid off to open it up and resealing it is a pain. Why they went this route, I've no idea.

I primarily dosed one and a half scoops in the AM regardless of whether or not I worked out. This did mean that I burned through this tub really quickly, as a container only has 15 scoops.

I've referenced this before but will post again here. Petey had a great breakdown in one of his recent reviews on protein effectiveness that I want to reference as it mirrors my personal stance:

I've never prescribed to the notion that you'll only see results from using a pure, high-quality protein, and I can't honestly say I've ever noticed significant differences in muscle gain as a result of my protein supplement. That remained the case here. I was running TheWhey when Propello Life arrived so I tried a scoop or two of it and then pushed the rest of the tub back to after I finished my tub of TheWhey. I noticed no significant differences in overall results between the two products

Propello Life is not widely available. On their own site it's $33 for 15 scoops. It's only slightly less on Amazon at $31 for 15 scoops. This is simply not a viable price point in my opinion. I understand the claim that the product is high quality, but their processing methods are not new and this is still just whey concentrate. With how I dosed it, it was essentially $3.00 per dose. Insane.

Let's check out a top whey product - ON's Gold Standard. You can grab of tub of this product for .79c per scoop. The profile is solid, the company is respected, and the product profile contains some nice additives. Why anyone would pay almost 3x as much for something like Propello Life is beyond me.

Side Effects

Conclusion

Overall Propello Life is a very basic whey product. If the derivation method and ingredient profile are EXTREMELY important to you, then perhaps this product would be appealing. But I simply don't see why anyone would pay that price for this product. It makes no sense.

Thanks to MaxQ Nutrition for sending it out!
  June 23, 2017

Pros:
 Cons:
  • Increased Recovery
  • Improved Endurance
  • Effectively Dosed Ingredients
  • Fully Disclosed Profile
  • Very Expensive

I'm a big fan of BCAA supplementation and was intrigued when MAXED OUT became available to the Troopers. I'd never heard of the company, MaxQ Nutrition, but the profile of the product looked amazing so I decided to give it a try. Thanks to MaxQ for the opportunity.

All I really care about in my intra-workouts is the dosage of BCAAs. Maxed Out goes hard in the paint with 10g!!! of essential BCAAs. Aside from this awesome start, also included are effective dosages of glutamine, l-taurine, a host of other amino acids, BioPerine for absorption, AND an electrolyte complex. This is honestly one of those most robust ingredient profiles I've seen in a BCAA supplement in a while, and I have to compliment MaxQ for laying everything out in a fully disclosed profile.

I only used Maxed Out on workout days and would throw one scoop in 32oz. of water and sip throughout my workout. I alternated this a few times with Regen, which I was also running, just to get a feel for the difference between this product and a simpler BCAA supplement.

I requested and received the Blue Raspberry flavor. I found the taste to be very flat and bland compared to other blue raspberry supplements I've tried. It's nice that it's not overly sweet and contains no dyes, and it is a flavor that's easy to sip through a long workout, but I could have done with a little more flavor punch. Mixability is about what you would expect with 10 grams of BCAAs. There's a good amount of foaming and residue and it takes a few minutes for everything to fully dissolve.

As a straight recovery BCAA product, Maxed Out is a good option. I personally can't tell the difference in recovery effect between most BCAA products. And I honestly can't say I experienced a boost in recovery from Maxed Out's 10gs of BCAAs vs. Regen's 5gs. Of course, I noticed a difference in my recovery time and DOMS in general (vs. not taking a BCAA supplement), and was satisfied with this overall.

Now, as an intra-workout booster, Maxed Out is excellent and really shines. I do think the extra dosing of BCAAs makes a difference here, as do all the other ingredients and the electrolyte complex. I definitely felt as though getting through my workouts was easier the days I was took Maxed Out compared to those when I had Regen or Recovery in my water bottle.

Most solid BCAA supplements will cost you around .80c per serving. Some of the flashier products with broader ingredient profiles will run you closer to $1.00 per scoop. A simple BCAA product, like Regen for example, costs .60c per scoop.

Here's the biggest issue I have with Maxed Out you can't find it anywhere. It's available through MaxQ's own website (and we all know the brand's actual website is never a good deal) and some shady looking site called i-supplements.com at the price of $53.39 for 30 scoops. That's roughly $1.75 per scoop; a harsh hit to the wallet. As much as I loved this stuff, paying almost double the price (compared to competitor products) is not something I can support. I'd be OK paying around $1.00-$1.25 per scoop considering the outstanding profile and its effectiveness but almost $60 for 30 scoops of a BCAA supplement? No way.

Side Effects

Conclusion

This is one of the best BCAA intra-workouts I've tried in a long time and I'd absolutely recommend it to everyone if not for its current price point and lack of availability. MaxQ has a winner here - they just need to make it competitively priced and easier to find. I'm still going with a YES for recommended in this review given that value is subjective and people for whom price is no issue will definitely want to check this out.

2.0
Thanks to Size Slim for sending it out!
  June 21, 2017

Pros:
 Cons:
  • Good Recovery
  • HICA
  • No Dyes
  • Completely Overpriced
  • Under-dosed BCAAs

As I've written in other reviews, I'm a fan of constantly supplementing BCAAs for overall health and recovery, and jumped at the chance to try out Size Slim's Recovery.

All I really care about in my intra-workouts/BCAA supplements is the actual dosing of BCAAs. 5g of BCAAs per serving has been clinically proven to be the minimum effective dose (at least, that's what I've found in my research). As such, I was slightly disappointed to see Recovery only contains 4g of essential amino acids (at a 5:1:1 ratio) per scoop. The dosage of glutamine is also light, considering it's typically dosed at 5g per serving. I did like the inclusion and dosage of HICA, but all in all the profile was underwhelming. Furthermore, I appreciate that it's simple and fully disclosed, but I felt I needed to take 1.5 scoops every serving in order to ensure I was getting effective dosages of key ingredients.

I requested and received the Lime Cucumber flavor. While it smells amazing, the taste was rough for me. It's got a VERY strong cucumber flavor. I was expecting more of a lime citrus taste, which wasn't the case. Now, I didn't like this, but it is different and I bet someone who regularly drinks cucumber-infused water would be really into this option.

I generally dosed 1.5 scoops in 32 oz. of water and sipped throughout my workout. On off days I'd drink throughout the morning. Mixability is on par with other BCAA supplements - there's some foaming and residue that takes a few minutes to fully settle and dissolve.

I personally can't really tell the difference between most BCAA products. I notice a difference in my recovery time and the amount of DOMS I experience when I'm taking a BCAA product versus when I'm not, but not usually between individual supplements. I'd just finished a tub of RSP's Regen when I started up Recovery, and I noticed no difference in my DOMS or recovery time. I do think this product is effective in this area - just not more so than any other BCAA supplement.

As an intra-workout booster, Recovery's not a great option. There's no electrolytes or really any ingredients to support endurance or stamina. It's not marketed as that type of supplement, but I thought it worthy to mention given that I believe many people are like me and tend to drink their BCAAs mid-workout.

Most solid BCAA supplements will cost you around .80c per serving. Some of the flashier products with broader ingredient profiles will run you closer to $1.00 per scoop. The cheapest I could find Recovery was $37.92 for 30 scoops. That's $1.26 per scoop and is already significantly overpriced in my book. Add in the fact that I personally felt I needed 1.5 scoops in order to get the full effects of this product, and you're looking at a supplement that is wildly more expensive than its competitors.

Take RSP's Regen for example. You can get a tub on Amazon at $18 for 30 scoops. Each individual scoop nets you 5g of BCAAs at a cost of .60c per scoop. That's less than HALF the price of Recovery per scoop and has a more effective dosage of essential amino acids.

Side Effects

Conclusion

This is a simple recovery product that does do what it states, but is significantly overpriced. Given the vast array of BCAA supplement options, there is simply no way I would recommend this product based on its price point.