Cobrah

• Low community participation

Reviews by Cobrah

May 18, 2014

• Helps Prevent Hunger During Sleep
  • Not Hungry Upon Waking!
  • Great All Around
  • Helped Recovery
  • Amazing Taste
  • Less Soreness Upon Waking
  • Need A Blender To Mix Properly
  • Mixability Issues
  • A Little Thick When Mixed
To me, a good casein protein is almost as important as a fast digesting whey because it's the go to protein to use before you sleep and (spoiler alert) sleep is when your body rebuilds.
I looked to ON for my slow digesting protein needs because I am loyal to their whey proteins. And they didn't disappoint.

INGREDIENT PROFILE: 24g of protein, 9+g of various amino acids including glutamine and BCAAs. Only 120 calories, 1g of fat and 3g of carbs for you macro counters. A stellar profile no doubt.

HOW I TOOK IT: I've ran many containers of this protein and always used it right before bed to try to keep my body from going into a catabolic state, but just recently I have started using it right before I start my very long work day (I work for a certain large delivery company) and I've found that this helps curb my hunger and keep me out of a catabolic state up until I can get some food in me which is usually many hours later. So it's a really nice tool to have in your corner.

EFFECTIVENESS: The main claims ON has with this casein is that it will digest slow and that it should help with recovery with all the amino acids packed in it so I will base the effectiveness off of those claims. I did find I was less hungry when I woke up the morning after taking this before bed so I do believe it digests very slow. And recovery time is definitely cut down while using this protein. So yeah, very effective, ON delivers on their claims.

PRICE: I think I got this for about 49.99 at allstarhealth.com and that's for the 5lb container which is 55 servings. As always I wish the price was cheaper but that's really not too bad for what you're getting. They also offer a 2lb container if you want to try it out first.

TASTE: I have tried the peanut butter, strawberry, and just finished the cookies and cream flavor. The peanut butter was very good but it was so sticky! It will stick to your shaker, mixer or whatever you use. I hated that because I felt like I was always leaving some potential gains behind lol! It was almost as if it was real peanut butter they used, they definitely nailed the consistency and taste I'll give them that. Strawberry was good, nothing to write home about. My favorite is cookies and cream. I don't know how they did it, but somehow when you drink it, it really feels like a cookie shake complete with chocolate chips!

OVERALL: Definitely a protien to try!

May 18, 2014

• Fast Recovery
  • Premium Bcaa
    I added this to my stack a couple years ago because I was getting more and more serious in the gym and soreness and recovery was becoming an issue. I did my research and based off of reviews on this site (yes i've been using the site for that long without contributing, don't yell at me) decided to pick up some Xtend because many members were praising it's ability to help you recover, among other things. I picked up the large 90 serving container in watermelon flavor and it was off to the races.

INGREDIENT PROFILE: Ready for some super scientific-physiological knowledge?! Then look elsewhere because all I know is one serving of this has 7G of BCAAs and not much else, which is a good thing. It has one purpose and it serves that purpose well.

DOSING: I found Xtend was most effective when I would drink it in it's entirety throughout my second exercise. Not so much a chug, but I am usually thirsty by then anyways so it usually disappears pretty quick. I only take this on workout days during workouts. You can use it whenever of course but why not save it for when it's supposed to be used?

TASTE: I have only tried the Watermelon Madness flavor, they offer around 6 different flavors I believe. Taste is not a deal breaker for me in any supplement so I have just always ended up with watermelon and I don't really even like watermelon. It was a pleasant taste though and definitely did taste like watermelon. If you love watermelon I am confident you will be addicted to this flavor.

PRICE: You can pick up the large 90 serving container for about 45 bucks online and taken on only workout days this product will last you more than 3 months! What other supplement is there with a value like that? Still give value and 8 because I'm sure this costs Scivation cents to make and I'm a broke college student :)

EFFECTIVENESS: Point blank period. One of the most effective supplements that I have used. I am not in anyway exaggerating when I say that some days in the gym I would have the most killer workouts and was sure the next day I could be admitted to the hospital for soreness (ok maybe a little exaggerating) and the next day I was not one bit sore, period. I also felt like my muscles were fuller while using this. It was so effective at boosting recovery that at times I questioned if I was even going hard enough in my lifts because the soreness was not there. I definitely was going hard enough. If I was not using Xtend the soreness would persist for at least 2 days after.

OVERALL: Definitely give this a shot. They offer various sizes and flavors so there is something for everyone. I tried other BCAAs like USP labs modern bcaas and others and they just pale in comparison. Pick some up.

1.0

• Pricey
    • Questionable Taste
    • Spicy
    • Awful Taste
    Optimum Nutrition's venture into the highly competitive (and lucrative) pwo world. Platinum Pre. Part of ON's Platinum line or in other words ON wants more $$$. I was initially so excited when I heard the announcement of Pre because if you check out my other reviews, it's obvious I am a huge ON fan. The first time I tried it was from a gym buddy who let me have a scoop from his container. I gave it a shot and had a killer workout with immense amounts of energy and focus. The only initial drawback was the taste (which I will most definitely cover later) So I was sold and figured I would pick up my own container, which I got for 30$ish at allstarhealth.com

EFFECTIVENESS: I like to jump into effectiveness first because that is why we take a certain supplement for after all. Will this pwo give you a ton of energy and focus? Plain and simple yes. It is one of the best pwo for energy and focus. But let's look into that further...

DOSING: One scoop of Pre has 200mg of caffeine, 1.6g of beta alanine and all that other energy boosting junk that other members have already covered. For one scoop I felt that the beta alanine was a little under dosed so 2 scoops was the sweet spot for me. Yeah, that's 400mg of caffeine which is a lot even if you are caffeine tolerant, but I never felt like it was over the top. HOWEVER therein lies Pre's greatest drawback. Most people will get the most out of Pre by using 2 scoops and there is 15 servings per container if dosed that way and If you are like me you've already in your head done the math and found that means that one serving of Pre runs a little over 2 bucks a shot! That's insanely pricey. They don't call it platinum for nothin I guess. Another interesting ingredient is the inclusion of capsimax which I will cover a little more in taste. One thing I loved about the ingredients was not including creatine. I like to take creatine separately so it's nice to have an effective pwo without creatine. Most pre workouts do have creatine and I think it's a cheap way of making the user think its the pwo giving them energy while hiding the fact that it's probably just the creatine mono and caffeine.

TASTE: I'm not sure what all flavors they offer at the moment but my container was raspberry lemonade. Sounds good right? WRONG! Holy crap, taking this before a workout was like swallowing a glass of badly dyed fire ants. That would be a better name for the flavor. I'm sure that raspberry lemonade does taste like this...in hell. I found out later this was probably due to the capsimax which (don't yell at me if this is not scientifically correct) has a slight thermo effect and helps with cardiovascular endurance, which I fully believe is true. I definitely felt a body temp rise because I would sweat more during lifting and I felt like I could get a fuller breath than normal. The capsimax is basically in tiny capsule form because ON new it would taste like Satan's breath so they tried to bypass your taste buds but the tiny capsules bust. A lot. Seriously, if you use the same water bottle for pwo and take it to the gym and there is ANY trace of Pre left, even a tiny tiny granule, you will feel the burning tongue sensation thanks to the capsimax. They gotta do something about that.

OVERALL: For 99% of lifters I just cannot recommend this mainly because at the cheapest, it will still be about 2 dollars a serving and that's just too much. But if you are lucky enough to be rich and want to push some serious weights, but unluckily born without taste buds this is probably the PWO for you!

May 4, 2014

Pros:
     Cons:
    • Price
    • Effective
    • No Taste
    • Increased Strength
    • Increased Muscle Size
    • Amazing I Love It
      Creatine a monster! Ok so as you will soon learn I am a loyal fan of Optimum Nutrition's products and for good reason. I see no reason to use another brands protein and now, I see no reason to use another brand's creatine.

I have tried many forms of creatine starting back when I was 17. Starting with regular mono, then Kre-Alk and even some blends like Green Mag. I am definitely not saying that any of these forms weren't effective at all, they definitely were. However, I kept hearing about creapure, creapure this creapure that. I finally looked into it and found that it was the highest quality creatine there is. And even better, my favorite brand, Optimun utilized creapure in their creatine powder.

So I went to my local health foods store to pick some up. (wasn't patient enough to wait for it to be shipped to me) and found they offer the powder in several sizes. They go from 150 grams all the way to 2000 grams and about everything in between. I decided to go with the 600 gram container which is about 120 servings. Crazy cheap especially for what you get! That size is going for $14.49 right now on allstarhealth.com and worth every penny. I gave it a 9 instead of 10 because lets face it, it costs Optimum almost nothing to manufacture it so I am going to be very tough on value. And of course taste is N/A because it is a tasteless powder. I like to toss all off it in my mouth and wash it down with water to make sure I get every last grain of it.

I gave it very high marks for effectiveness because plain and simple: Your strength and muscle size will get a huge boost. I didn't even pick up much water weight at all either and never got that bloat feeling you sometimes get from mono. A serving size is 5g. I started out taking it about a half hour after my workout but I found my sweet spot when I split the serving up for 30 minutes before and 30 minutes after the workout. I use a Gym Log app that has a built in timer and usually take about 2 minutes in between sets to build up energy but I kid you not when I say that when I started taking the creatine before it only took me 60 seconds for my next set.

So, in conclusion I will never use another creatine unless some huge creatine breakthrough happens. This creatine and a good Whey Isolate protein IMO are a must have for your supplement stack.

October 2, 2013

Pros:
       Cons:
      • Solid Carb Source
      • Mixes Well
      • Minimal Fat Gains
      • Awesome Taste
      • Great Protein Blend
      • Solid Macro Ratio For Lean Gains
      • It Works
      • Huge Scooper (should Be Smaller With 2-3 Scoops)
      • Badly Designed Scoop
      OK so here it is my first review. Feels weird finally posting one after reading them for all these years but anyways... My review for Optimum Nutrition's Pro Complex Gainer. I have used this as a the backbone of my bulking diet for several years now. Optimum Nutrition has a great track record for a good reason and they have long been my favorite supplement brand. In my experience many of the supplements that they offer have been the best in their category, whether it be creatine, protein etc.. And Pro Complex Gainer is no different.

OVERALL: The nutritious value of the gainer is c...

OVERALL: The nutritious value of the gainer is crazy. First off, 60g of protein like regular Pro Complex protein (also amazing) 650 calories, 85g of carbs and ONLY 8g of fat it's hard or impossible to get those totals from one meal! Now, some might say 650 calories is a little low for a gainer and they're mostly right but this is a lean gainer. If you want an ultra-calorie gainer try serious mass but there comes many drawbacks with that. Also some might argue your body can't even take 60g of protein at once yadda yadda bro science if you feel that way just split a serving in half and spread em out! I'm sticking with Pro Comp though. Once you find your maintenance daily calories needed you should only add atleast 500 more calories to efficiently bulk, maybe a bit more depending on you. A couple thousand extra and you're putting on a lot of fat.

Effectiveness: It is super effective, going through a whole 10.16 pound bag and eating a ton I'll put on around 7 pounds give or take. (I also like to bulk with creatine so that adds in too of course.) Pretty clean weight put on I might add. The 10.16 pound bag for me usually lasts around a month at 28 servings. They also offer a 5.08 pound tub with 14 servings.

Taste: The taste is great. Vanilla, Chocolate or Strawberry you can't go wrong. I will say for some reason the chocolate flavored protein powders seem to fill me up more which is a good thing if you have to take this in place of a meal. But yeah anything Optimum I have found so far tastes great.

Price: The not so great part I rated the price mediocre because anything Optimum is gonna demand a high price tag. I just checked and at allstarhealth.com the ten pound bag is going for 69 bucks the 5 pound tub is at 39 bucks. And unfortunately like many supps the price has shot up a ton since I first used it. However, when I wa fed up with the ON prices I searched for different gainers and most of them would be cheaper but the catch is the might have as low as 10 servings with a terrible nutrient profile therefore not being worth it at all. So price wise I really do feel like this is the most bang for the buck, just bite the bullet on price and you won't be sorry.

Miscellaneous: That dang entrenching tool-laundry detergent- scooper! Dear ON, maybe try a smaller ROUNDED scooper that is not so large even if it means we have to use two scoops! Not even a deal breaker though, give it a shot!

October 2, 2013

Pros:
       Cons:
      • Increased Muscle Hardness
      • Increased Strength/endurance
      • Fantastic Pumps
      • Cheap
      • Great Pump
      • Large Tablets
      OK so a review of popular test/N.O. booster D-Pol.I have done several cycles of D-Pol and have never been let down. I'll keep this one relatively short and sweet since I don't like to delve into each chemical contained in it (and can't pronounce half of them) since others have done so before.

OVERALL: D-pol is a DAA based testosterone booster and has nitrates in it to promote nitric oxide production for the holy pump. As far as the test boosting values I would attest that it definitely gave me a bump. I used this in my early twenties so it would of course be more effective for an older person but still, I felt the power. I can't provide before and after blood test results but I can say I got a tiny bit of acne on my back, tiny bit more aggression which was mostly in the gym. Not as much aggression to me as a tribulus based booster gives me.

I could also feel my muscles hardening up and become dryer. I have ran DPol while bulking, cutting and during strength routines and it is at home during all of them. (for maximum boost I like to stack DPol with Animal Stak and Erase and Ad3-PCT but that is another story... I have used this alone and it performs great.) My favorite effect of DPol is the alpha male-zen like well being it gives you. It just makes you feel like you should is the only way I can explain it.

One container is good for 4 weeks and like many have said before it is best when ran for 8 weeks. It may take up to two weeks to kick in so don't get discouraged and go ahead and invest in 2 containers and finish them before you judge it because only 4 weeks will not do it justice.

Like I said earlier it has nitrates that promote N.O. production for greater pumps and let me tell ya. The pumps can be insane! A lot of Bro science experts say there is not research to support a way to promote an N.O. increase but whatever they can debate all they want, this thing will blow you up period.

Con: That is right just one kinda bad con. The tablets are pretty large and the edges are well, edges not rounded so it can literally scrape your throat when they go down.

Price: And that leads me to the next point, price. You can grab this for around 18 bucks online which is cheap for any supplement but for one that provides not just test but N.O. boosts as well...that price point is AWESOME! Big props to Purus labs for a great product that isn't hard on the wallet as well!

Miscellany: Ok so someone will accuse me of being a Purus rep because of this rant but Just wanted to say I love the design and graphics on the containers of these things. The size of the containers is small which caught me off guard at first but I came to love it. And the graphics and logo design Purus chose reminds me of a cool Vegas night club lolol well done Purus.

Definitely worth a shot!