Clipper83

SR TROOPer

• Member has been active for 5 years, and was last online today
  • Social media account not linked

TROPHY CASE

Reviews by Clipper83

(Thanks to AZÖTH for sending it out!)
I've been really interested in nootropics lately. With my attention span being that of a rodent, staying on task at work gets difficult, especially when I have many different things to look after. When I saw Azoth, I looked at the profile and thought I'd give it a try.

Ingredient Profile:

Ingredient Profile:

To start, Azoth has a high dose of DMHA at 100mg. This is a relatively new ingredient, but it gets good reviews and after trying other product with it, I can honestly say I like it more than DMAA. Along with DMHA you can find an array of nootropics such as N-A-Tyrosine, Alpha GPC, Vinpocetine, Phenylpiracetam, Noopept,and Huperzine. These are all dosed very well, and I like how they did not add caffeine to this, since I prefer to drink mine whether it be from coffee, energy drinks, or thermogenics.

Although I like Ashwaganda, I'm not sure whether or not the one in Azoth is standardized(KSM-66 for instance). Still like the addition though.

Taste/Mixability/Dosing:

3 pills a day, when you need it. Easy enough.

Effectiveness:(9/10)

Well, can't lie, there was a very noticeable difference while on Azoth. With my 1.5 drive to work, it would kick in without fail every time. I noticed a huge increase in alertness. While that was great, I noticed I was a lot more efficient at work. Not getting distracted, not randomly browsing the internet, rarely checking my phone... just getting tasks done.

With work getting busier by the week, this came at the right time because I felt a lot more motivated to get everything done early instead of waiting until the end of the week like I sometimes do.

Another note is that it worked well throughout the day, instead of just tapering off after an hour or so. I wouldn't even need caffeine to function while on Azoth, so that was pretty cool.

So, Azoth delivered on focus, alertness, overall well-being... everything that a good nootropic is supposed to do.

Value:(7.6/10)

This is where Azoth may turn some people off. For around $45 for 10 servings, it is quite high. However, since you're supposed to take this every few days or as needed, it's not awful. If you need only 1 pill at a time, you are golden, but I'm basing this off of 10 servings.

There is a coupon code for 50% off, which makes this worth trying for sure.

Side Effects

I experienced some lightheadedness on days after I took Azoth.

Conclusion:(8.5/10)

Azoth is a great product, in terms of effectiveness. The profile speaks for itself.

If you can get Azoth at 50% off, it is a must try if you like nootropics, or even if you're just curious. At $45, is more of an option for people who are looking for a big push in productivity and focus on days where they need it.
  • Lower Anxiety Levels
  • Increased Drive
  • As Needed
  • Long Lasting
  • -Not Widely Available
  • 10 Servings

(Thanks to VMI Sports Nutrition for sending it out!)
Pump products are fun, I love them. Seeing my veins and getting a pump are some of my favorite things in life.

I've never tried agmatine on its own in my life, so this was a perfect opportunity to give it a run.

Just straight up agmatine. Specifically, AgmaPure. I guess you could compare this to CreaPure, CarnoSyn, etc.

Makes this very versatile.

Makes this very versatile.

Now on it's own this will taste awful, but once mixed with other ingredients(pre-workout for instance), it's not noticeable at all. Cant really think of many instances where I would take this on its own as it is.

One scoop gives you 500mg, and they recommend up to 3 scoops for intense pumps.

Effectiveness:(9/10)

Well, I got exactly what I expected out of this. Every time I added this to my various pre-workouts, I noticed an increase in pumps, endurance, and vascularity.

Most of the time, I added a scoop or 2 depending on what product I was taking. Basically, I made sure I was taking 1500mg of agmatine before every workout. The vast majority of my workouts have been awesome lately, and this product sure helps.

Not too much to say since its a simple one ingredient product. Whether one scoop or 3, I always got the same result.

Value:(9/10)

You can get this for a little under $20. That's a good price, especially if you mix this with another pre-workout. It's also a high quality version of agmatine. I can kind of compare it to ThryoTwin from Giant Sports. Awesome product, not really amazing on its own, but affordable and a great add-on.

Side Effects

Conclusion

Overall, this is a great option for someone who wants to add a little extra "pump" to their workouts at a price that won't break the bank.

Since most stimulated pre-workouts have agmatine in them as it is, I'd consider it more of an add-on than a standalone product.
  • Increased Vascularity
  • Great Pumps
  • Bitter Taste When Just Using Water

(Thanks to Nature Restore for sending it out!)
It has been a while since I've used supplements that help you sleep. I find them very beneficial and honestly, they are sometimes underappreciated. People argue all the time whether or not certain supplements(test boosters for instance) do anything at all, yet when it comes to sleep products, they tend to actually do what they advertise. This is of course if they are properly dosed and have good ingredients in them.

Here we have Nature Restore SleepBoost. Right off the bat I knew I wasn't going to approve of some things about it, but I ended up enjoying it quite a bit.

Ingredient Profi...

Right off the bat I'll tell you what I'm not a big fan of... the high dose of melatonin. I feel like melatonin is abused by too many people as it is. Too much gives you a sleep hangover, and can actually disrupt your sleep cycle. The lower the better.

With that out of the way, 2 ingredients I liked right off the bat were the valerian and magnesium glycinate. Nature Restore chose a magnesium that is known to have a high absorption rate, while valerian is a well known relaxer, which is non-habit forming. Huge fan of valerian and I always have success using it.

Some of the other ingredients have some studies behind them, yet are probably not dosed high enough(look at Jujube for instance). I've never tried theanine on its on, but enough people swear by it so I'm sure it plays its part.

Overall, some good, some meh. Not a big fan of blends, but it is what it is.

3 fairly small pills before bed. The pills are easy to swallow, and dosing time(1 hour before bed) is fine as well. Overall, not bad at all.

Some days I only took 2 pills, and it seemed to work fine as well.

Effectiveness:(8.6/10)

I'll break this into categories.

Helping me get to sleep: This didn't knock me out like some other products have(G8 comes to mind), but I did notice I'd fall asleep much faster than usual when I actually got into bed.

Rest: Overall, this performed quite well. I got solid sleep, and felt pretty well rested, even on days where I only got 5 hours of sleep. Can't really say I woke up refreshed, but 5 hours of sleep felt like 7 hours or so. Dreams weren't really effected by it. Didn't get as deep sleep as Noxitropin, but solid nonetheless.

Sleep hangovers: even with the high dose of melatonin I didn't experience many sleep hangovers, which is welcome. My gf took SleepBoost several times as well and she didn't have any either.

Value:(9.5/10)

You can get this for around $20 on amazon. That's a really good price for what you are getting. Can't complain on this one bit. Some might be able to get away with 1 pill at night, which would bring this to a 10/10 value in all honesty.

Side Effects

None really, maybe a slight sleep hangover once in a while. Nothing to note really.

Conclusion

Nature Restore has a good product here. While I still think the melatonin is too high, I got some solid sleep out of SleepBoost and would recommend it to many.

While it may not be for the hardcore people who love products like Noxitropin(my all-time favorite), or Mass HGH from LeCheek, I'd recommend it for someone who wants to get better sleep on a regular basis.

Well worth the $20.
 Pros:
 Cons:
  • Relaxation
  • Deep Sleep
  • All Natural
  • Prop Blend

(Thanks to Competitive Edge Labs for sending it out!)
At the tender age of 27, my life has been pretty hectic for the past year. My energy levels feel like they have been taken away from me due to my long commute(160 miles daily), girlfriend to entertain, late night gym sessions, cooking, etc.

Usually, I wouldn't consider many test boosting supplements because I feel a lot of them aren't worth the money, yet for some reason, M-Test caught my eye. The profile looked well dosed, and I thought it may help with overall drive and anxiety levels.

The one ingredient I was looking forward to was the KSM-66. Ashwaganda is well known for its ability to reduce anxiety levels. I'm a big fan of herbs that reduce cortisol levels, and while I like Holy Basil, I felt it was time to try a product with ashwaganda in it. I also like the stinging nettle in M-Test. Stinging nettle and DHT levels/prostate health... just look it up.

Along with those 2, you find some tongkat ali, boron, shilajit, mucuna(good!), and also something I have never heard of called Fadogia. Never heard of the last one, so I can't comment on it tbh. I like the mucuna, as I have had success with it in the past.

A big plus is that there are no prop blends, and everything is well dosed. Respect!

Taste/Mixability/Dosing(8/10)

3 pills, twice a day. I personally have no problem taking pills, years of Animal Pak along with various other supplements are now just part of my daily routine. Some may not be as forgiving. They are easy to swallow caps, but I know plenty of people who have problems swallowing chewable aspirin pills, so be warned.

Effectiveness:(8/10)

Off the bat, the first thing I noticed was the reduced anxiety. My caffeine intake is very high, which usually drives my anxiety up. While on M-Test, I had a noticeable reduction in overall anxiety and stress.

I may have noticed an increased drive to lift as well. Can't give M-test all of the credit, but I'm sure it had a bit to do with it. Got more done at work, kept my apartment cleaner, and had no problem staying up late to make sure I had healthy meals cooked.

I didn't notice much in terms of libido, but I don't have much of a problem there as it is, so I won't comment on it.

Overall, if you want a real testosterone boost, look for something else, but if you just want to feel better overall, this may do it.

Value:(7.8/10)

While prices vary, I found M-test for around $30 on sale. This may be worth a try, especially for our older members. Personally, I don't think I would buy this myself, but I'm sure there are people on here that would benefit from this.

Conclusion(8/10)

While this may not be a product for me overall, I would recommend it for some simply due to the solid dosing of some ingredients, good choices of herbs, ability to reduce anxiety and cortisol levels, and prostate health from the stinging nettle. Some younger guys may want to avoid this however.
 Pros:
 Cons:
  • Lower Anxiety Levels
  • Increased Drive
  • 6 Pills A Day

(Thanks to Outbreak Nutrition for sending it out!)
I have to admit, after fat burners, pump products are usually my favorite supplements. Who doesn't like going to the gym and getting an awesome pump? While They are by no means necessary, I consider them a great add-on if you like going to the gym for some extra fun on arm-day. At first glance, Serum had some solid ingredients, but when I saw the Epicatechin, an ingredient that stands well on its own, I got my slimy fingers on it.

The profile is straight forward, and pretty well dosed. A lot of people might want to see 1 gram of agmatine in a pump product, but I usually find 500mg to be enough. Hydromax is another solid ingredient and it's great to see more companies using it. I'm still on the fence with the Nitrosigine.

The part that intrigued me was the epicatechin, a well known anti-oxidant found in green tea. I've used this ingredient before and had good results from it in the endurance department, and adding it into a pump product is a great idea.

Longer workouts and a better pump? what could be more fun?

Taste:8/10- not bad for a grape flavor, which I usually avoid altogether. Was not hard to down on its own, I did however end up mixing it with my pre-workout concoctions

Dosing:10/10- 1 scoop pre-workout. doesn't really get any easier.

Mix:9/10- very few issues with this one. Barely any sediment.

Effectiveness:(8.5/10)

Now overall, this was a solid product. However, the pumps I got from this were not as great as some other products I have used. I recently took Gaspari's Plasmajet and was able to compare this to it, and while Gaspari won in the pump department, Serum delivered in the endurance and performance department. Thank you Epicatechin.

I noticed my workouts being longer and pumps being noticeably increased. While the pumps were never painful like some other products I have used. I was satisfied overall. All it really needs is a nitrate ingredient or maybe some more agmatine, and I'd say it's a must try.

Value:(8/10)

At first I thought Serum was overpriced, however, after really lookin into it, with the addition of Epicat... I have to give this a solid rating. At around $35 a bottle, some might just go the other way, but since I feel like this is 2 products in one, it is priced pretty well.

Side Effects

Conclusion:(8.2/10)

If you are looking for skin-splitting pumps that become painful, this may or may not get the job done for you. However, if you want solid overall workouts, decent pumps, and a nice tasting pre-workout with no stims, this may be worth trying. It's def. a nice add-on to any pre-workout stack, that's for sure.
 Pros:
 Cons:
  • No Proprietary Blends
  • Solid Pumps
  • Epicatechin
  • Endurance

(Thanks to VMI Sports Nutrition for sending it out!)
    It has been a long time since I have used creatine. Well over a year actually. I stopped taking it last fall and noticed how much leaner I looked. While my strength went down slightly, I didn't mind and enjoyed my lean body. Well, now that my goal is getting stronger again, when I saw this up for grabs, I thought it would be a solid way to get back into the creatine world.

Ingredients:

Ingredients:

There are 3 different kinds of creatine in this product. Creatine Magnesium Chelate, Pyruvate, and Citrate. In the past, I was always against going with anything other than CreaPure, unless you get stomach issues from it. However, I have used other creatines in the form of this and had noticeable benefits.

Taste/Mixability/Dosing:(8/10)

I had the Lemon Lime flavor and it tasted fine as long as I shook it up right before I drank it. I noticed a bit of sediment at the bottom on multiple occasions had to suck it up and drink it. I assume it is the citric acid, but it had a strong sour taste.

Other than that though, I actually used it intra-workout on occasion, as lemon-lime is my go-to flavor for intra-workout products.

Effectiveness:(9/10)

Well, creatine works, we all know that. This was not really much different than your basic CreaPure except that it seemed to kick in immediately. Towards the end of this tub, I am back to some of my old all time highs on lifts like Incline DB bench for instance. Normally with creapure I'd had to wait 2 weeks to notice anything, but with this I noticed it on the first workout. Other than that though, it worked just like basic creatine mono does.

It's a nice substitute I'd say, but the cost is high.

On another note, I did not feel the need to take this everyday. As a general rule of thumb, we are told to take creatine every day, which I'm not against, but since I workout every other day, I decided to spread this out and take it only on workout days. Worked fine for me.

Value:(7/10)

Here is the only issue I have with creatines. It is very hard to argue against taking just a standard creatine mono as far as money is concerned. For around $25, this will cost you more than what is needed. However, since the product worked well and I did not have to wait 2 weeks for me to feel the effects, I can't just shoot this down. Not the most expensive creatine I've seen, not cheapest either, but not unreasonable.

Side Effects

Conclusion:(8/10)

Well, it was nice to have the opportunity to try out creatine again. After taking a year off, it was nice to see what I was missing out on. While I would normally tell people to stray away from anything other than CreaPure, I don't mind making an exception here. While for most, I would recommend trying creapure first, and if you don't get anything from that, just give this a shot.
     Pros:
     Cons:
    • Muscle Endurance
    • Full Label Disclosure
    • Increased Power

First off, I'd like to apologize to Pumped Sports for this review taking so long to get put up. They sent it along with Loaded for me to review a while back. Work and several the reviews got in the way. So here it is, I took this back when I was cutting, and after seeing the caffeine being time-released, I was intrigued as this is a great way to suppress appetite for longer than just 3 hours or so.

First off, no prop. blends, big plus right there. There are very solid ingredients in here, so you can tell they didn't just ask a manufacturer to throw in a bunch of cheap ingredients together and market the hell out of it just to get a huge margin(cough cough BPI).

To start, one full dose give you 200 mg of caffeine, which is fairly low compared to other products, but they added some extra time-released caffeine to keep the energy flowing longer. This is great as the effects last longer.

Some other things I like are the Choline for focus, the synephrine, and higenamine as well. BioPerine is always great to throw in because it lowers the half-life of everything you take so your body has more time to absorb it.

The odd man out here is the Sacred Indian Lotus Seed Extract, which according to Pumped Sports works similar to ALC, and can increase thermogenesis. It intrigued me, but I didn't look too much into it tbh, I was more interested in the effectiveness of the product.

Dosing is 2 pills, easy. Sometimes, I decided to take an extra pill, which I don't recommend anyone do. My stim tolerance is so high I felt the need to experiment with an extra pill later in the day. I cant be the only one who does this,

Effectiveness:(8.8/10)

Aktivate turned out to be a solid thermogenic. While I personally prefer fat burners that crack me out, Aktivate was a nice change of pace.

Energy:(8.8/10)

While it did not give me a huge rush of energy, I experienced a long lasting noticeable energy. The time-released caffeine did its part. I picture this to be a good fat burner for those who want energy but are sensitive to stimulants.

Thermo:(8.5/10)

While I was not sweating buckets like I would if I had taken some other stronger fat burners... there was an increase sweating for sure. No major rush of heat, but there and enjoyable nonetheless.

Appetite Suppression:(8/10)

This did not crush my appetite like some other fat burners do, but I was able to hold down my cravings with ease.

Results:(8.5/10)

I lost about 4-5lbs while on this. I did not do as much cardio as I should have. So, with all that said, it can do its part provided you are not eating like a slob and at least doing cardio several times a week.

Value:(8.5/10)

You can get this for around $34. While not the cheapest out there, it is certainly priced fairly and competitively. If you are serious with your cutting phases and are stim-sensitive, I'd say this is a solid product to go with.

Side Effects

Long lasting energy due to time-released caffeine. Wouldn't recommend taking later than 3pm for some.

Conclusion

While some stim-junkies might want to check elsewhere, all the "normies" when it comes to stim-tolerance should at least look at Aktivate. Aktivate was fun to run and did deliver where it counts. The price is fair, and the lack of prop blends is a plus as well. Losing 4-5lbs while not counting macros is a pretty big deal for me, so I have no problem giving this a thumbs up.
     Pros:
     Cons:
    • Fair Value
    • Lasting Energy
    • No Propietary Blends
    • No Jitters

(Thanks to Ronnie Coleman Signature Series for sending it out!)
      For the most part, I've enjoyed every RCS product I have tried. Besides Resurrect, I haven't had any bad experiences. Now when King Whey was up for review, my memory reminded me with Pro-Antium. Pro-Antium was one of the best protein powders I have ever tasted to date, and there are few proteins I can compare to it. So of course, I had to jump on this.

Ingedients:

It's a whey product, fairly simple. 20 grams of it is concentrate, and the remaining 5 are Isolate. What I like about this is the transparency, which is a trend other companies are starting to follow. I could go with either t...

Ingedients:

It's a whey product, fairly simple. 20 grams of it is concentrate, and the remaining 5 are Isolate. What I like about this is the transparency, which is a trend other companies are starting to follow. I could go with either tbh.

5g of protein is slightly above most other powders, then again that just depends on the size of the scoop in my opinion.

Taste:9/10
      I was sent the Peanut Butter flavor, which turned out to be enjoyable. I am usually disappointed by most peanut butter proteins, and by no means was this the best tasting protein powder I have ever had, but it was enjoyable to say the least. My gf even liked it, which is usually a surprise.

Mix: Mixes well, no complaints here.

Effectiveness:(9/10)

Only way to rate the effectiveness of a protein powder is by how your stomach reacts to it. No issue here, no gas, nothing. It's good...

Value:(8.5/10)

For around $55, this is priced fairly and competitively. Not the cheapest, but overpriced by any means.

Conclusion

Another solid product by King Ronnie. King Whey is a tasty, affordable protein that will most likely not disappoint. The transparency is a plus, and the macros are friendly to almost anyone(unless your competing maybe, I don't know much about that). It is a viable option among the saturated protein market.
       Pros:
       Cons:
      • Mixes Well
      • No Proprietary Blends
      • No Amino Spiking
      • Disclosed Protein Blend
      • Competitive Price
      • Solid Ingredient Profile

(Thanks to FitJoy! for sending it out!)
        A big thank you to FitJoy for sending 2 of these Pre-Launch kits. I don't eat protein bars too often. I usually prefer real food and consider it a gamble trying something new as some bars as just plain awful. I usually stuck to what I knew and liked, which were basically a few of the Quest Bars and MetRx Bars, and even those were only in rare situations.

Although I complain, I still have a few laying around. So it was nice to have quite a few of these guys laying around as well.

A bar will usually contain 20p, 7f, and 25c(13 being fiber).

While the fiber content ...

A bar will usually contain 20p, 7f, and 25c(13 being fiber).

While the fiber content may be on average 4-5 grams lower, it's still a very high amount for a protein bar.

No complaints here. There should be no reason anyone couldn't fit this in their daily diet, unless you are getting ready for a show.

Now, I said these are comparable to a Quest bar in terms of the macros, but taste wise, they are far better. They have a better texture and they all taste better. They are easier to chew on, that's for sure.

My favorite was the Cookie Dough. Probably because when I compared the taste to a cookie Quest bar, there was no comparison. Just delicious and probably the closest cookie dough protein bar I've had to compare to actual cookie dough.

The chocolate peanut butter was great as well from what I remember.

Unlike Quest bars, these didn't make me feel constipated. Enough said right there.

FitJoy was great at keeping my hunger away between meals and also made for a great morning snack on the way to work

Not much to say when it comes to a protein bar. It's basically a simple meal replacement.

While these guys are around 28 for a box of 12. Compared to other bars, it's very comparable. Not the cheapest I've seen, but not bad by any means.

You shouldn't rely on bars for food as it is, they are supposed to be convenient snacks when you're in a pinch. The price is worth the quality in my opinion.

Side Effects

Conclusion

FitJoy will be my new go to protein bar. While they can't be found at grocery stores yet like Quest and MetRx bars, when I have the options in front of me, I will choose FitJoy 99% of the time.

The taste is great and the texture blows the graininess of Quest bars out of the water. Worth having around the house for when you need a quick high protein snack that will help you hold you over until your next meal.
        • Healthy Nutrition Content
        • Sufficient Macro Amounts
        • Gluten And Artifical GMO Ingredient-Free
        • No Stomach Issues

(Thanks to Ronnie Coleman Signature Series for sending it out!)
        Like many of us here, I am a stim junkie. While many of you might still be in denial, I have no problem admitting I am a stimulant enthusiast. That is why Yeah Buddy got my attention in the first place. Isplisgart started a thread saying that it was by far the best thing since we all were taking 3 scoops of Jack3d back in the day. Of course I was going to try it due to all the hype around it.

To start, I like how they are open about most ingredients in here. Decent doses of Citrulline, agmatine, and beta-alanine. Although they could all be at double their dose in Yeah Buddy, they are enough to work. I like the addition of choline and Theacrine. Now there are 420mg of mixed caffeine in here, both in an anhydrous form and also in a time released form.

Then you have the blend of some hefty stims added in Yeah Buddy Bomb Blend, which is what initially generated hype around this.

Some would be able to getr away with half a scoop if they are sensitive to stims.

Mix and taste are fine, 1 scoop and no sediment at all. Great!

The Cherry Limeade flavor was not very enjoyable. It was pretty strong and I usually had to chug it down quickly. Too much flavor can be hurtful sometimes I guess. Kind of sad since every other RCSS product is top-notch in flavor(Pro-Antium is AMAZING)

Focus(8/10)
        The focus on this one was pretty good. Sadly though I can't compare it to MAN Gameday. Mind muscle connection was good, and I didn't tend to lose focus in the gym, but it didn't have that "wow" factor like Gameday did.

Pumps(7/10)
        While I did get some extra pumps, it wasn't anything special. Probably due to the lower doses of agmatine and citrulline. Decent, but not great.

Energy(8.5/10)
        Now for a stim-junkie, this was above average for sure when comparing to your basic pre-workouts. My girlfriend noticed that I was a lot more hyper after the gym than usual. Not bouncing off the walls crazy, but getting things done quicker and talking a bit faster. It wasn't as intense as Stimul8 was back when I took it for the first few times, but Yeah Buddy was strong enough to make me/others notice that it doing its job, which doesn't happen that often to me nowadays.

You can get this for a little under $30. For 30 servings, this is a solid deal. RCSS products are usually priced well, and this is no exception. I wouldn't mind paying for it.

If you only need 1/2 scoop, then this should be in your shopping cart the next time you are looking for a pre-workout.

Side Effects

Some long lasting energy post-workout. Depends on stim-tolerance.

Conclusion

Ronnie's products are by no means a joke. There is some actual effort behind their products and they are never a waste of money imo. Yeah Buddy is no different. While it did not blow me away, it was pretty enjoyable to run. Besides the taste, I would say this is worth the money, although there is slight room for improvement.

Worth trying to get your fix if you are a stim-junkhead like me.
        • Solid Long Lasting Energy