Clipper83

TROPHY CASE

Reviews by Clipper83

April 6, 2018

Pros:
 Cons:
  • Thermo Effect
  • Decent Value
  • Cool Container
  • Proprietary Blend
  • No Amount Of Caffeine Given
  • Packaging Could Get You In Trouble

I've seen this product for years and was always interested in trying it. No, it wasn't for the profile, or the fact that it is heavily marketed on bb.com.... It's all due to the cool container. Seriously, a cool looking Grenade! Even though the bottle is slightly annoying to open and close, and having this in your car could cause a MAJOR issue if a policeman sees it in your car as he pulls you over, it's just awesome, and I'll probably never throw it away.

To start, it's one big proprietary blend. While this trend is already outdated, I have a real problem with this product. The biggest issue I have is that they don't even list the amount of caffeine on the bottle! I think it's very important to track the amount of caffeine you take per day, and this is actually the sole reason I cannot recommend this product to anyone.

Either way, I'll list the ingredient panel first. This is per pill FYI.

Grenade Grenade Grenade Thermo Detonator Proprietary Blend 775 mg

Green Tea Extract (80% Polyphenols Epigallocatechin Gallate, 45% Epicatechin)
Bitter Orange Extract (Synephrine, Octopamine, N-Methyltyramine, Tyramine, Hordenine)
Caffeine Anhydrous (1,3,7-Trimethylxanthine)
Grapefruit Seed Extract (6,7- Dihydroxybergamottin)
Capsicum Annuum (Capsaicin)
Evodiamine (Evodia Fructus Extract)
Yohimbe Bark Extract (Yohimbine)
Raspberry Ketones [4-(4-Hydroxyphenyl) Butan-2-One]
Phenylalanine (2-Amino-3-Phenylpropanoic Acid)
Cocoa Bean Extract (Methylxanthines, Flavanols)
B-Pheneythylamine Hcl (B-Pea)
Coleus Forskohlii (Forskolin)
Yerba Mate Leaf (Caffeine, Theobromine And Theophylline)
DMAE (Dimethylaminoethanol)

I actually like some of the ingredients in this. Green Tea is a great source of anti-oxidants and supports a healthy metabolism. Bitter Orange has synephrine, Yohimbe and Caffeine work very well together for fat loss. Forskolin may stimulate cAMP levels. I like Capsaicin as well, especially for the health benefits it has on digestion. With these ingredients, you should experience a nice boost in thermogenesis, at least until you build up a tolerance.

Not a huge fan of raspberry ketones to be honest, I've tried them in the past and never had any success. Kind of on the fence for Evodiamine. It may increase your body temp and be good for digestion/parasites, but more research needs to be done.

Either way, this is the "kitchen sink" type approach to formulating a fat burner. Some effective ingredients, and some that are over-hyped. Only issue is that we have no idea how much of each ingredient is in here. I went ahead an emailed Grenade several weeks ago, asking if they could at least disclose the amount of caffeine in here. I haven't heard anything back, so either their customer service is out to lunch, or they don't want me to know.

Pills, so no taste/mixability to talk about.

Dosing is easy. 1-2 pills upon waking, and 1-2 pills 6-7 hours later in the day. Makes it easy to adjust to your tolerance. I like to live on the edge, so I took 2 pills twice a day.

As I always do with all of my thermogenic reviews, I will break this into sections. Energy, appetite suppression, thermogenesis.

Energy: (8/10)

Pretty good energy out of 2 pills. The first time I took Grenade, I got a huge rush of energy, after a small stim-break. It actually took me by surprise and I had to eat something to lower the yohimbe jitters. Of course my tolerance kicked in after a week, but I still had at least some sort of energy boost every time I took these.

Appetite Suppression: (8/10)

Grenade was solid in the category. I was able to easily hit my daily macro targets, without feeling like I was starving. While not the best I've ever used, I still had a positive experience, and didn't feel like I was depriving myself of food. This is actually the most important rating to any fat burner for me.

Thermo Effect: (7/10)

I worked up a sweat the first few times I took this, which I attribute to the yohimbe and synephrine in here. Of course, I gained a tolerance and didn't notice too much from it after about a weeks use. I've used plenty of fat burners which provide at least some sweating/thermogenic effect even after the first 2 weeks, so I have to mark this one down slightly.

I was able to lose a little over 3lbs in the 25 days I ran Grenade, so 1lb a week. This all came down to my diet and cardio of course. Grenade simply helped me get there by suppressing my appetite (my biggest issue) and giving me a boost in energy. So overall I'm happy with my results, but I do feel that there is room for improvement from Grenade.

I've seen some people say that this is expensive. Not sure what they are talking about, as I was able to get this for $26 on Amazon. I got the 100 capsule size, which lasted me 25 days, as I took 2 pills twice daily. So even using it to the max, it lasted me almost a month and was barely over $1 per day. Compared to other fat burners out there, it's either on par, or even better. I wouldn't consider paying more than $30 for this though.

Side Effects

My own fault, but the second day I took this I got some nausea and anxiety after taking my second dose. Of course, it was my own fault for taking more yohimbe than I could tolerate at the time, so just know that Grenade used a decent amount of yohimbe in here.

Conclusion

While Grenade was fairly effective for fat loss, I am doing something a little controversial here. I simply can't give this a green thumb due to the proprietary blend. Yes Grenade worked fairly well, but there are so many other well-formulated products on the market that I don't see any excuse for the use of a proprietary blend that doesn't even disclose the amount of caffeine. I may have given Grenade a green thumb otherwise. Feel free to neg me or comment on why you may disagree with this point.

If you want a cool looking bottle with pills that will provide you with some good appetite suppression and decent energy, these might be worth looking at, but there are plenty of other options out there which don't hide behind proprietary blends that work just as good if not better.

9.3
Thanks to MA Labs for sending it out!
  March 20, 2018

Pros:
 Cons:
  • Massive Pumps
  • Performance Increase
  • Well-formulated
  • Very Clumpy In Tub
  • Needs To Be Weighed Out

After a recommendation from my friend Bob K, I decided to take a look at this product. MA-Labs is a small company, something I would probably look over. However, when I took a look at the profile for MA-Pump, and saw the high dose of GMS and Sodium Nitrate, I got excited. I have to thank Mike Arnold for sending me out a tub. It's great to see owners who stand behind their products.

Like CelluVol, this is a LOADED pump product. There is everything you need and more.

To start, we get 8 grams from dextrose. I am not a fan of dextrose perso...

To start, we get 8 grams from dextrose. I am not a fan of dextrose personally, but 8 grams pre-workout shouldn't hinder your performance, if anything it should help. Of course, I'd like to see carbs from cyclic dextrin or Carb10. At 8 grams though, it doesn't make a huge difference anyway.

Arginine-eNos-Nitric Oxide Pathway

This is the first blend, which consists of the following ingredients.
8 grams- Citrulline Malate (2:1)
Nitrosigine- 1 gram
CAPROS- 250mg

8 grams of citrulline malate is pretty good. I personally prefer L-Citrulline on its own, but I'm not against CM either. The Nitrosigine is at one gram. The clinical dose is 1.5 grams, but its better to 1 gram than the usual 750mg. 1 gram should help provide a pump either way. Now the Capros (Indian Gooseberry) is very interesting. I hadn't done a ton of research on it up until recently, and there are actual human studies proving its effectiveness. Great for cardiovascular health and a powerful antioxidant.

eNOS Cofactor Preservation Pathway
500mg of vitamin c.

Sounds a bit funny to put a huge emphasis on this ingredient. I've heard somewhere that vitamin c does preserve and aid in pumps, supposedly by neutralizing free radicals which break down NO. Pretty basic dose at 500mg.

Nitrate-Nitrite-Nitric Oxide Pathway

1.5 grams of Sodium Nitrate. I love nitrates for pumps, always seem to give me the most "dense" pumps. The kind that makes your muscles feel like they are made out of steel, or brick, or something like that.

Plasma Expansion Agent

5 grams of HydroMax. Like Celluvol, this high dose of GMS got me excited about this product. Really high dose, about 2-3 times that of the average.

Intracellular Muscle Volumizing Complex

Micronized creatine monohydrate at 4 grams. Technically under the usual 5 gram dose, 4 grams of creatine mono should be enough for many of us.

Betaine Anhydrous at 3 grams. Not a bad dose here, considering I've seem companies put way less than this.

Finally, we have Taurine at 2 grams.

As you can see, this product is pretty loaded. While slight changes could be made (putting Nitrosigine at 1.5 grams and changing the CM to L-Citrulline), MA-Pump provides plenty to help you get a great pump, and who doesn't want that? What really got me excited, besides the glycerol mono, was the sodium nitrate. I am a big fan of arginine nitrate, and I've used sodium nitrate in the past with success, but with lower dosages.

Taste- There is only only flavor, Black Cherry Lemonade. It isn't bad, but nothing I'd go out of my way to drink. Not the smoothest drink I've ever tasted, but drinkable for sure.

Mixability- 7/10

One of the first warnings I got from the owner, is that the product is EXTREMELY clumped up while in the tub. Seriously, it is like a brick and can actually be cut with a butter knife. This makes it pretty hard to measure out actually, and I'd advise getting a scale to get the 34 gram serving. Once you measure out 34 grams and throw it in water, it instantly disperses. I had a leftover nasty clump twice, but that could have resulted in lackluster shaking on my end. I'd advise shaking this and letting it sit for a few minutes and shaking again. You kind of have to scoop this out like ice cream, and when you do pack the the scooper twice, you usually end up with 34 gram serving.

Dosing: 2 scoops, just have to pack them in due to the powder being so dense/clumpy.

Well, looking at the profile, how can this not work? I took this once with while on a keto diet, and actually got some results, which was impressive, but of course stopped to really gauge how effective MA-Pump would perform. Just thought I'd mention that. Sometimes I took this with a caffeine pill, Brainbridge, or energy drink (half of a Hyde Power Potion or Bang). I prefer to load up on pump ingredients for my workouts these days as opposed to just loading myself up with caffeine and DMHA and have those carry me through my workouts.

Pumps were great on this and seemed to be long-lasting. I experienced some crazy pumps, and they seemed to hit me fast. The pumps seemed to stay with me between sets, like letting go of the weight didn't relieve the pressure too much. Of course the pumps would subside, but it just seemed to take a few seconds longer than usual to get some relief. Made my legs feeling like they were about to pop on some days, which I usually don't enjoy, but for some reason, I didn't mind as much during this run.

This product does exactly what it is meant to do, provide a pump, increase muscle volumization/fullness. I got caught checking myself out in the mirror on several occasions... no shame! One thing to note is that the longer my workouts went, the better the pump would get. This is something that does not happen often, as many other pump products seem to shine for a good portion of the workout, but may start to fall off towards the end, and also may take several sets or exercises to really kick in. This isn't the case with MA-Pump, and the only other pump products to actually do this were Gaspari's Plasmajet and Celluvol.

There was an increase in performance as well. No PRs were broken, but I just seemed to keep my strength consistent without having the lower the weight as my workouts went on. This is expected with creatine, taurine, and betaine of course. Just longer workouts where I didn't seem to run out of gas/pumps towards the end. This is more of a 2-in-1 product, pumps and performance!

With such a loaded product, you can expect to pay a bit more. While at first glance, the $56.99 seems a bit high for 20 servings. However, the owner has a coupon code that can be easily attained. Arnold20 will get you 20% off, which brings this down to $45.59. While still $2+ per serving, you're getting a solid profile, along with betaine and creatine mono. Comparing to MPA Supps, it's not as great on value, but it still provides you with a great pump product along with some ergogenic aids and a decent price.

Side Effects

Conclusion

MA-Labs is a lesser known brand on the market which deserves more publicity. The owner knows how to formulate a great pump product, and I hope I see more from MA-Labs in the future. With my green thumb, I'm not really saying that this is a staple product, but it is worth buying at least once at $46, to see how a massive dose of glycerol mono and sodium nitrate will treat you. Just be sure to have a scale on hand in order to measure out each serving.

March 3, 2018

Pros:
 Cons:
  • High-quality Casein
  • Tastes Good
  • No Sleep Hangovers
  • Restful Sleep

So roughly 5-6 years ago, I was a yougin working at GNC. I had the pleasure of using a product that really stood out to me. Beyond Raw Re-Feed! This was my favorite GNC product at the time, and I even reviewed it here on SR. Check out the review here: https://supplementreviews.com/gnc/beyond-raw-re-feed

Well, times change, and products fade away. You won't find Re-Feed anywhere, which saddens me, but GNC may have finally done something great again. I'm here to review Iso-Casein PM. Iso Casein PM is a protein powder/sleep aid product. Since many of us do the bro thing and eat a slow-digesting protein before bed, I actually think its a great idea.

Looking at the ingredient profile, the first thing you'll notice is that it is Micellar Casein Isolate, a high-quality form of casein. This form of casein ensures that there is no sandiness to it, and that the casein itself is found exactly how it is in milk. Some processing methods denature casein, this one doesn't.

For people that don't know what casein is... it is a slow digesting protein derived from milk. It is more satiating than whey and is popular among lifters as a nighttime meal.

The label is broken up into sections, I'll list each one:

BCAA
    L-Leucine- coming from both the protein powder and as a free form bcaa. You get 2.7 grams.
    Iso-Valine- 1.5 grams (from the casein itself)
    Iso-Leucine- 1.3 grams (from the casein itself.

Nothing too big to note here. The MPS should start pretty quickly due to the free form leucine in here.

Relaxation & Restful Sleep
    Glutamic Acid & Glutamine- they added L-Glutamine to this, leaving this part at 10 grams. I am personally not a huge glutamine fan, however, there are plenty of others here on SR who swear by it.
    Tryptophan- from the casein. This converts to 5-HTP. Good for sleep cycles and overall mood. Here you get 300mg
    Suntheanine (L-Theanine)- pretty well known ingredient for its relaxation benefits. Here you get 200mg.
    Melatonin- 3mg, which is a pretty common dose. I used to be against a dose this high, however, I've been getting good results from it from recent sleep products I've been using.

Digestive Enzmes
    ProHydrolase- this is an enzyme which helps break down protein.
    Lactase- enzyme that breaks down lactose.

As for macros, one scoop will give you the following:
    0.5f
    4c (2 sugar)
    25p
    120 calories

This should be easy enough to fit in your diet. I'm going to assume the 2 grams of sugar are lactose, which is why GNC added lactase.

Overall, the profile is not as good as Re-Feed, but still rounds out to a good nighttime product. I really wish they would have added valerian, as I feel that's what made Re-Feed so great.

I had the vanilla flavor, and it was quite enjoyable. No bad aftertaste or anything like that. No issue here.

It isn't as thick as other casein products I have had. Slightly thicker than whey concentrate, but not too far off. I did note a slight graininess from time to time, no big deal and it was actually quite enjoyable. One thing I have to note is that the powder is very fine and disperses quite easily in the air. It can make a mess if you're not careful. Never had a clump, which is always good.

One scoop 30-45 minutes before bed is as easy as it gets.

I'm going to break this up into categories like I usually do with sleep products. As for the protein itself, you're not going to notice much due to this being a protein powder. No stomach issues to speak of. Good on all parts there.

Getting to sleep: 7/10

After running MHP's sleep product, this was a bit different. While I had no issue getting to bed, I can't say I was able to sleep any easier than usual. It didn't hinder me, but it just wasn't noticeable like MHP's product was.

Staying Asleep: 8.5/10

Once I fell asleep, I had no problems staying asleep. Of course, once in a while I had to get up at 3am to go to the bathroom, but even the best sleep aids won't hinder that all the time. Had some good restful nights on this.

Mornings: 8/10

I had little issue getting out of bed in the morning. By no means did I wake up earlier than usual ready to jump out of bed and take on the day, but still, there was no sleep hangover to speak of.

This product is actually pretty affordable. $40 for 25 servings. You can get casein for around $29 from Dymatize (26 servings). The added benefit of melatonin and other relaxation ingredients isn't bad either. You could get the other ingredients, like melatonin really cheap. ON melatonin can be found for under $3/100 servings (3mg). I personally don't have an issue spending $40 on this, but I'd recommend trying melatonin on its own with a basic micellar casein product first before you grab this for the extra relaxation ingredients in here. (Theanine and Tryptophan)

Side Effects

Conclusion

Overall, I'm giving this an 8/10 because I will buy this product myself. I found myself looking forward to drinking it every night and while it was not the best sleep aid I've ever used, it is just strong enough to make me want to use it again. With my green thumb, I'm basically saying that this product is a great way to end your day, and is worth taking a look at. I won't make this a staple, as a phenibut run is always fun, but if you're in the market for a nighttime casein, this is worth trying at least once.

Overall
    Overall
    6.8
    6.6
      February 14, 2018

Pros:
     Cons:
    • Has DMAA
    • Mild Appetite Suppression
    • Blends
    • Dwindling Supply
    • Not As Good As OEP

This product gets quite a number of searches, and it's pretty easy to see why. We all know the infamous OxyElite Pro, which made DMAA famous, with Jack3d of course. While those were some fun days, the market has shifted to some safer supplements. Believe it or not, OEP still gets searches on here, which is quite funny.

You may not see this product anymore, as DMAA is well on its way out, but it is still available at many retail stores I've seen. I'm mainly reviewing this for fun actually, as I may soon have to mark this as discontinued.

...

The profile is not the same as OEP, but still has some similarities. Same amount of caffeine(100mg) per pill, and DMAA in a blend. I've used both DMAA and DMHA. I can say I got better mental focus out of DMHA, but DMAA gave me more of a euphoric feeling.

The first ingredient in the blend is Bauhinia Purpurea. All I could find on this ingredient is that it may help with your thyroid, however, the only study I was able to find was one on rats.

Next we have Bacopa. I actually really like bacopa, mainly as a brain function supplement. I've used it in the past and loved the anxiety/mental clarity effects I got from it. It's in a blend here, and I highly doubt it is dosed high enough, as I didn't notice any effects I have received in the past.

Cirsium Oligophyllym has some studies on rats, all I could find there. May help with fat loss, but nothing conclusive. Last ingredient in this blend is alpha-yohimbine. This is actually a solid ingredient for fat loss, however, I have a big issue with not knowing how much is in this blend. With the high risk of side effects from yohimbine, especially alpha-yohimbine, I see no reason to ever keep the amount hidden.

Lastly, we have Garcinia, that Dr. Oz product that seems to have died out over the past couple of years. Standardized for 60% hydroxy citric acid, which is on par with many other ingredients on the market.

Pills so there is no taste or mixability.

Dosing is exactly like OEP, which is 1-2 pills in the morning, and 1 later on in the day. I typically just took 2 caps in the morning, as I like to enjoy an energy drink midday as opposed to just popping a pill. Caps are slightly big, which some may have trouble taking.

I'll break this up into categories.

Energy:(7.2/10)

With DMAA, I had high hopes for this product. I was a bit disappointed to be honest. I got a mild energy boost at best, nothing compared to OEP. Almost feels like there maybe a sprinkle of DMAA in here. No real rush of euphoria like I wanted, but still better than a cup of coffee to get my day rolling.

Appetite Suppression:(7.5/10)

Not bad here, I typically fasted until around noon while on this, maybe a protein shake in the AM from time to time. I never had an issue waiting until noon or so to eat my real first meal of the day. It wasn't great appetite suppression, as it didn't last any longer than lunch, still being able to wait until 1pm some days before eating without struggling isn't bad either. In the words of Jim Carey, "I've had better".

Thermo Effect:(5/10)

There wasn't a big thermo effect with this. Some days I may have had a slight amount of sweat under my armpits, but nothing compared to other good fat burners I've used in the past. I added ThyroTwin to this one day, and noticed a big increase in sweat, so I was disappointed in this category as well.

As for results, that always comes down to diet. Fat burners are only supposed to help you reach your goals, not do the work for you. I dropped 5 lbs at one point while running this, but that was during keto, where losing that amount is normal. Now that I'm not on a ketogenic diet anymore, I am about 3lbs down from where I started, which isn't bad, but nothing close to some other products I've used in the past.

You can find this product for around $34.99. This price will go up, due to the availability of this product dwindling. (I am basing this value off of the price I got it at, now you'd probably have to pay a bit more for it due to it becoming less available)

For a 30-45 day supply, this is on par with many other fat burners on the market. Issue it, it does not work as well as many other products out there (which don't hide behind blends) at the same price, so I'm marking it down.

Side Effects

I didn't experience any, but some may be sensitive to DMAA or caffeine.

Conclusion

Well, this review is kind of bittersweet. The era of DMAA is coming to an end, which is both good and bad in my opinion. HydroxyElite was a great way to get my memberberries in before this too fades away from the market. It really wasn't that great of a thermogenic, I myself have had much better results with other fat burners, but it is still was pretty fun to run. I may actually pick up a bottle if I can find one and keep it for the distant future, if I ever need a DMAA fix. I just won't expect great results.

If you can find this, I'd recommend picking it up simply to keep around since DMAA is getting scarce.

9.4
      February 13, 2018

• Mixes Well
    • Great Pumps
    • Stomach Might Not Agree With Such A High Dose Of GMS

For some time now, 2 people I talk to regularly have told me how great MPA Supps products are. Seemed creepy to me, as they had this cult-like love for it. After hearing nothing but good things about the products, I decided to take a look at the brand myself. I decided to take a look at the pre-workout first, like I do with most companies. Usually, a pre-workout will kind of give you a good idea how well the formulator knows their stuff and how committed they are to providing a great product. Well, one look at Celluvol's profile had my go straight to Amazon and pick it up.

For those of you who don't know who Matt Porter is, he's an established prep coach who does not hide anything he is taking. He's def worth following. He's pretty well known in the bodybuilding community, and even my current gym owner has been coached by him.

To start, we have what Matt Porter describes as the "bread and butter" of Celluvol. 7 grams of L-Citrulline. I like the use of this over citrulline malate personally, as CM is typically just citrulline powder mixed with malic acid, and not the actual bonded form. The citrulline is "Kyowa Quality". That's the same citrulline NutraBio uses, and is worth looking into.

After that, we have 5 grams of HydroMax! This is the highest I've seen out of all pump products on the market besides MA-Pump, but Celluvol was actually the first. This is pretty much what made me want to try this out. I've used GMS at 1-2 grams before, with success, but 5 grams just made me want to see what such a high dose would do to me.

Next we have 1.5 grams of Nitrosigine. This is the clinical dose, and its nice to see it being used as opposed to the 750mg half dose I see many other companies using.

Alpha GPC is a great nootropic, which is at 600mg. This dose actually has some research behind it. I'd recommend taking a look at the "How to Take" section here on examine: https://examine.com/supplements/alpha-gpc/

300mg of ElevATP. This is a pretty new interesting ingredient. A proprietary blend of Apple extract and "Ancient Peat", which is fossilized plants. May be good at stimulating ATP production in the body. A typical dose is 150mg, Matt(as usual) goes over the top and puts in 300mg.

I have to mention that there is also some Himalayan pink sea salt in here as well.

The theme that I've noticed with MPA supps is that they seem to all be solid products, with more than you need for results.

I had the Candy Shock flavor. It tasted like Shock Tarts, minus the sugar. I typically get sick of flavors quickly, however, not with this one. I enjoyed every scoop I had of it. I've noticed lately that anything with a new flavor is only enjoyable for the first 5 uses or so. Gummy candy flavored pre-workouts for instance got boring so fast for me I already go out of my way to avoid them, and they are relatively new! This Candy Shock flavor is different. It is not overly flavored, and even though there is a slight chalky consistency(due to the Hydromax), it is great. One of the few pre-workouts I haven't gotten sick of yet.

It mixes very well. I noticed that there was no grit, which I usually have an issue with when it comes to products with glycerol mono.

One scoop 15 minutes pre-workout, easy enough. You can play around with it like I did. Matt suggests you hyper hydrate while you're on it. I like watering down my pre-workouts as it is, so that was no problem for me.

I did weigh the scooper out, and on the first try, without a heaping scoop, I got the 19 grams that the label said it should weigh. Looks like manufacturing is on point.

Well, looking at the profile, how can't it work well? I first tested this out with an arm workout, because who doesn't love to get a massive pump in their arms? For the first time ever, the pumps got to be almost too much. It got to a point on that first workout where I was just trying out every machine because the pumps were just so fun. Pretty much turned my gym into a Chuck E Cheese/Dave & Busters.

Almost every workout after that one, I experienced some very pleasing pumps, both from a feeling standpoint and a visual standpoint. It was on par with every other pump product as far as hard, dense, and painful pumps go. I actually started to see some vascularity in my arms, which has eluded me for quite sometime. Of course chest workouts were great, and cable crossovers always felt like something was either stabbing me in the chest or as if my chest was about to burst.

Leg days are a bit different for me, as I usually keep them quick and low volume. Even on sets of 3 reps, I found myself taking off my knee sleeves because the pumps got a bit heavy. This made me actually stop using it on leg days as I don't like a giant pump in my legs when I'm trying to hit a heavy set of 2.

I did take caffeine with Celluvol about half of the time. Whether it be from a Monster, Bang, NutraBio caffeine pill, etc. I usually kept it on the lower side though, and I'd typically share those 300mg of caffeine I got from the Bang with my girlfriend. Caffeine is easy to get a hold of, and I actually prefer to simply stack a loaded pump product like this one with a small dose of caffeine. My days of taking exotic stimulants and massive caffeine doses are almost completely behind me, as I've taken a liking to more volume filled workouts with massive pumps with great muscle contractions as opposed to cracked out workouts where I'm simply moving weight and screaming "REPS FOR JESUS". Not saying I don't enjoy a Hyde Power Potion or Bang here and there, but I think you get what I mean.

This is what throws some people off. Most people see $60 right off the bat and write this off. You can get this cheaper than that, as there are coupon codes available for 10% off. So I'm going by the $1.80 price per serving. At first, I thought it was a high markup. However, I did some math on what it would cost me to make the same pre-workout with single ingredients.

NutraBio L-Citrulline Powder (Kyowa Quality)
    (7 gram serving)=~70c per workout (found on Amazon)

True Nutrition HydroMax
    (5 gram serving)=60c per workout

Swanson Ultra
    (1.5 gram serving)=66c per serving

That right there is already almost $2 per workout, and that doesn't include the other ingredients such as Alpha GPC, and ElevATP. So when people tell me the markup is too high, I think they just see the $60 and don't look into it more. The tub will last you a while, since it is a 30 serving tub, and not the 20 serving tub you see more and more nowadays. Feel free to criticize this part of the review, I'd like to see others opinions. In reality, I could mark this down for simply being a "more than you actually need". I'm sure my pumps would have been great at a half-serving, and if I dosed it that way, I would still be running it right now. Still, I can't mark down the value hard, since it is actually pretty cost effective when you break it down.

Side Effects

Conclusion

I now understand why Matt Porter has such a strong following. Celluvol is a strong, non-stim based pre-workout which gets A's as far as effectiveness and quality go. I recommend trying this out if you really like long sessions in the gym with massive pumps. The taste is great, the scooper checks out, the value is actually pretty good for what you are getting, and it flat out works. Give this a shot if you plan on getting away from stim-loaded pre-workouts. You can always add a dose of caffeine through pills, coffee, energy drinks, etc. if you really need it.

My green thumb basically means that if you are in the market for a pump product, or any pre-workout in general, this as a standalone or perhaps stacked with a caffeine pill would be a great way to go. Worth trying at least once, at least to see how a hefty dose of GMS will treat you.

Overall
    Thanks to BN Labs for sending it out!
      February 11, 2018

Pros:
     Cons:
    • Added Velositol
    • Clean Profile
    • High Protein
    • Slightly Expensive

Today's review is on BN Labs Ultimate Whey Isolate. Now, I usually have plenty of protein powder sitting around, but what got me interested in this product was a particular ingredient. The industry has introduced some great new ingredients recently, such as Peak o2, Dynamine, Nitrosigine... the list goes on. Here, we have Velositol, another one of these new patented ingredients.

To start, it's a whey isolate. BN Labs uses Ion-exchange whey. In the past, I've bashed ion-exchange whey, as there are concerns that the process actually denatures the whey. There was actually a discussion about this years ago https://supplementreviews.com/forum/index.php?topic=12456.0

I'm not going mark them down any points on this however, as I haven't looked into it in a long time, and the protein could actually be better than I once thought. It is BiPro, which claims to be much better/gentler way to make whey isolate.

Out of 30 grams, 27 of it is protein. So 90% protein. It is a very clean protein, only one carb and zero fat per serving. Doesn't get much better than that. Looking at the entire profile, there are no fillers, which is great to see

The Velositol has research showing it to double protein synthesis. Check it out on this website: https://velositol.com/what-is-velositol/
    Obviously I'm going to be a bit skeptical of some of the claims. However, reading into it, it looks like something you would have to take for a long time to actually notice any benefit from. Either way, it is nice to see BN Labs using new ingredients that actually coming from quality manufacturers. The days of companies using random herbs that no one has ever heard of (cough USPLabs cough) seem to be behind us.

I had the vanilla flavor, and I found it quite enjoyable. I would say it tasted kind of like vanilla pudding. Nothing too special, but tasty either way. The powder smells like cardboard however, just thought I'd mention that.

It mixes very well, no real clumps to speak of. Lack of fat and carbs surely helps here. It is a bit frothy, but nothing that ruins the product.

You're not going to notice much out of a protein powder. With that said, there are still ways to judge the effectiveness, one being how well it digests. With this being an isolate, digestion is easy.

I don't really think you're going to notice much from Velositol either. Even with all the great claims, and research behind it, you're not going to notice more out of this protein powder vs most other isolate proteins out there. I didn't notice any major differences in my body, but again, natural muscle building is a slow, long-term process, where even the best protein powders won't give you crazy noticeable results. I took this post-workout, and I can't really comment on recovery, as I feel so much goes into faster recovery.

Either way, it is another way to add protein to your daily macros without taking away from your carbs and fats. When you're in a deficit, you know the pain of a protein powder taking away from your precious fat macros.

You can get this for $45 off of the BN Labs website, so $1.50/serving. It is a bit more expensive that some other whey isolates I have used. MAN Sports Iso-Protein, which is also a very high quality protein can be found for as low as $1.28/serving. However, that protein does not have Velositol in it, so the additional cost may prove to be not so bad, depending on how good Velositol really is.

Side Effects

Conclusion

BN Labs Ultimate Whey Isolate is a high quality product with an interesting new ingredient. With such a high protein percentage, this makes it optimal for a cut. If Velositol turns out to be the powerhouse it claims to be, which time will tell, it may be one of the best protein powders on the market.

The taste is good, the mixability is good, the velositol is interesting. If you have extra money to dish out, give this a shot, especially if you are one of those people who take post-workout nutrition seriously.

January 30, 2018

Pros:
     Cons:
    • Full-Disclosure
    • Mixes Well
    • Might Be Expensive For Some

Not gonna lie, I'm a big fan of MAN Sports. While I don't think every product is a hit, they seem to have a solid product line. MAN Sports always promotes their "micro-batches", which means they make only one thousand units(or maybe slightly more) at a time or so of any product. It helps them make sure their products are meeting label claims.

MAN Sports is known for high standards. For instance, there was one study surrounding DMHA in several pre-workouts, and it was found that MAN Sports Game Day was the only product to actually contain DMHA and meet label claims on the amount. The other pre-workouts pretty much had watered down DMAA. So MAN Sports is a company you can trust.

What got me interested in reviewing this product, even though I purchased it before this event, was that they won the Stack3d Protein Wars this year. Beating NutraBio is no simple task, so even though I already had a tub, after they won, I picked up 2 more tubs.

It's a whey isolate, so there is less junk in there than a basic whey concentrate.

With the 2 tubs I had, the Loopy Fruit only had 1 carb per scoop, while the sprinkled donut had 2 carbs per scoop. No/little fat in either of them. The content differs by flavor, but they are all similar.

There are 28 grams of whey isolate per serving, which MAN Sports says yields 25 grams of protein. I like how they give full-disclosure on the amount of protein. The only thing that NutraBio does better is listing out the amount of sweeteners, however that is nothing too serious in my honest opinion.

MAN Sports is known for being innovative when it comes to flavoring, at least with their protein powders. I had the pleasure of trying both Loopy Fruit and Sprinkled Donut.

Loopy fruit is obviously supposed to be a knock-off of a certain cereal(wink-wink). I found it to taste kind of like a mixture of Trix/Fruity Pebbles personally. Good news for MAN Sports is that Fruity Pebbles is by far my favorite cereal. It is a bit on the light side, which I'd usually applaud them for, but when you have something that tastes like the best cereal of all-time, I'd prefer it to be slightly stronger. Still delicious either way. So good I went ahead and bought 2 tubs of it.

Sprinkled Donut is not really like the strawberry frosted donut you see on the tub. Instead, I found it to be more of a maple glazed donut, which is still great. Flavor was a bit stronger in this one, but still delicious and original either way. If you don't like delicious cereal, go with this.

It mixes very well. Like most isolates, it does not thicken up too much in water. Never had a clump to speak of, so it's a 10/10 in that regard.

Dosing depends on how you use it really. I typically only took one scoop either before bed to hit my protein needs or as a post-workout bro-shake.

Like with every protein review, there are only so many ways you can rate the effectiveness of a protein powder. Iso-Protein is an isolate protein of course, so you're more than likely going to avoid any gas or stomach issues. That of course was the case for me, no stomach issues to speak of. This is the biggest advantage to isolate proteins. You're basically paying more for less "junk" in your protein powder.

I usually took Iso-Protein post-workout or before bed to fill out any protein macros I may have needed. I won't really comment on recovery, as I feel that there are so many factors that go into that. Mixing the Loopy Fruit flavor with almond milk and adding it to Fruity Pebbles cereal was a nighttime ritual at one point... couldn't get enough of that.

Again, there isn't too much to say here, other than that it was a tasty protein powder that didn't mess with my stomach.

Unfortunately, you might be able to find this for $43 on Amazon, but only in select flavors. Right now, I can only find this on the MAN Sports website. You can find this for around $43-$44 with a coupon code(20%). There are plenty of coupon codes to use to get to that price, but they do sometimes run special of 25%-30% off, which is when I pick this up. So as of right now, the cheapest you'll find this is a little over $38 with a rare 30% off sale. While that isn't bad by any means for a high quality isolate, that is a rare occasion. Going by the $44 price, which is common, you spending a bit more than some other isolates out there.

This one is tough to gauge. Personally, for the quality and flavor, I have no problem paying $1.46 per serving, and sometimes $1.28 per serving(with 30%). However, I could see this being out of some peoples budget. So for me, I don't mind paying this much, but I'm just kind of giving a warning to some others about what they may have to dish out for this.

Side Effects

Conclusion

This is by far my favorite isolate protein right now. You have the quality standards of MAN Sports, a no-fat/low-carb protein, a variety of great flavors, no stomach issues, and perfect mixability... not much more I could ask for besides a slightly lower price.

If you have extra money to burn on protein, give this product a shot. I would highly recommend getting this whenever MAN Sports runs a 30% off sale, which usually happens once a month or so. If you like Loopy Fruit flavored cereal(Fruity Pebbles/Fruit Loops/Trix), you know what flavor to go out and try.

Overall
    Thanks to FREEZiNda for sending it out!
      January 30, 2018

Pros:
     Cons:
    • Easy To Make
    • Tasty!
    • Unique Idea
    • Slight Bitter Aftertaste

I'm a big fan of variety in my protein powders. I typically have several on hand, as I like to switch it up just about every day with what protein powders I use. When I saw there was a way to make homemade ice cream out of my protein powders, I jumped on the opportunity to try this.

First this I have to mention is that this is loaded with sugar alcohol, depending on who you are, you may not digest this very well. I personally never had an issue, but I've heard horror stories from people who had protein bars with too much sugar alcohol.

Ve...

Vegetable glycerin, erythritol, sugar, baking powder, guar gum, and xanthan gum. Nothing too crazy in here, pretty standard for many products on the market actually, like protein bars for instance. The ingredients have been mentioned quite extensively in other reviews, so make sure to check those out. I'd just like to mention that erythritol has been advertised as something that does not effect blood sugar. I myself am skeptical of this, but I am not against the use of it.

One packet will give you an extra 150 calories. Not a small amount, but nothing you shouldn't be able to fit in you daily macros unless you are in a ketogenic diet.

The taste is really dependent on what you decide to mix with it. Obviously, I decided to go with protein powders I enjoyed. The first batch I used was Ghost Cereal Milk. This protein powder worked great. Ever have Captain Crunch flavored ice cream? Quite enjoyable, and I would say the consistency was kind of like a fudge pop. I love fudge pops...

With MAN Sports Iso-Protein, the Sprinkled Donut flavor was like eating maple glazed donut flavored ice cream. Iso-Protein Loopy Fruit was like eating Trix flavored ice cream.

Since I can't simply list out all of the proteins I used and tell you how they tasted, I have to mention that there seemed to be a sort of bitter taste to it sometimes. Nothing awful at all, but some might be more sensitive to that than me.

I actually enjoyed this over halo top sometimes, as I have a few more choices with this as far as flavor goes... and I have yet to see a Trix flavored Halo Top.

It's hard to judge the "effectiveness" of this product. It pretty much just makes your protein powder fun once in a while. This was nice to use over Halo Top ice cream, which I enjoy. I typically have a protein shake right before bed to fill out macros. This gave me something to actually eat and enjoy while working on SR or watching TV before bed instead of simply downing a shake in 5 seconds.

You can get a 5 pack of these for $15. So $3 per batch. This is not awful, as you can actually split one batch in half and still have a full serving of protein(roughly 25 grams of protein depending on what you use). While halo top is cheaper, you are getting the option of multiple flavors of protein that you have at home instead of whatever halo top has to offer.

What came to mind, since I got these during the holiday season, was that these are by far the best stocking-stuffers for a friend or family member you know is into lifting. It's priced at a point where I can afford it, but the need isn't there so I can easily put it off and say "I'll get it some day". If someone were to give it to me for X-Mas, and I had never tried it, I would say "whoa I've always wanted to try this".

Side Effects

Conclusion

I enjoyed having Freezinda in my pantry. If I wanted to spice up my protein during the day, this was another choice instead of the usual "protein powder, eggs, greek yogurt, beef jerky". It didn't really make my protein powder "better", but it turned it into a "fun" snack at night.

My green thumb pretty much means go out and try this. No guarantee you'll like it, but $15 isn't the end of the world for many people. Just make sure you like the protein powder you currently have first of course.

January 15, 2018

Cons:

To start, I'd like to say that this was a bit hard to rate. I knew what the product was going to be like before I bought it, but since it was a bounty product, I decided to pick it up. I'm a fan of the regular Bang of course, and love some of the flavors. Since a regular Bang has quite a bit of caffeine in it, having the option to drink a Bang without that seemed good to me.

Take a look at Bang, the rtd of course. Now transfer that over to this can, but on the way, lose the 300mg of caffeine. That's what you have.

Stim-Free Bang comes wi...

Stim-Free Bang comes with a blend of bcaas, beta-alanine, CoQ-10 Super-Creatine, vitamin c and electrolytes. While I like all of those ingredients, besides maybe the Super-Creatine, we all know that they are underdosed. Just like the normal Bang energy drink.

One thing I'd like to point out is the B-12 is in the methyl form, which is more bioavailable than the cheaper, highly used cyano form, so props there.

I bought myself a case of the Sour Heads flavor, and it tasted exactly like the original Sour Heads Bang. I love this flavor and out of all Bang flavors, it is my favorite. I've tried every flavor they have, and top 3 are Sour Heads, Purple Guava, and Start Blast. I assume they will add these flavors to the Stim-Free line, because as of right now I've only seen black cherry, cotton candy, and sour heads.

Well, I can't really say I got any energy out of this, which should be obvious given the lack of caffeine. I sipped on this anytime I wanted something nice to drink. Instead of my go-to Coke Zero Cherry, I'd go to this. It was nice to drink something that tasted like this right before bed without staying up late. I actually sipped on it during my cardio sessions, not for performance, because it tasted better than my usual BCAAs.

My "4" rating is because, well, this didn't do anything, not that I expected it to. It was a nice drink to sip on when I wanted the taste of Bang, but didn't want 300mg of caffeine at once. I guess it helped me drink more water... It's simply refreshing and tastes better than diet soda, at least to me.

This is where the product takes a nose dive. I don't mind spending a bit extra for a tasty energy drink that gives me a nice dose of caffeine, but since I'm paying for flavored carbonated-water with this, I'm kind of comparing this to diet soda in my head. Its more expensive than a normal Coke Zero, that's for sure. Basically, you're looking at the same price as a normal Bang.

So far, at least online, I have only been able to find this on CampusProtein for around $23 per case. You can get a coupon code of course, but you're still not getting this any cheaper than a regular Bang. I can get 24 cans of Coke Zero for under 35 cents a can. With this, I'm looking at slightly under $2 a can.

Side Effects

Conclusion

To be honest, I don't mind a "stim-free" version of an energy drink I like the taste of. I'd love to be able to drink all the flavors of Bang without getting a giant dose of caffeine every time. The only issue I have with this is the price. It is simply not worth paying the price(roughly) of 4-5 cans of coke zero per can of stim-free Bang.

The only time I would consider buying this is if I were at a gas station, and wanted a calorie free soda and had extra cash on me.

Forget the gimmicky "Super-Creatine" and the other underdosed ingredients in here. It is simply an expensive calorie free drink, and there are better ways to get more "Bang for your buck"... still tasty though

January 11, 2018

Pros:
     Cons:
    • Hydrates
    • Improves Recovery
    • Longer Lasting Pumps
    • Could Use EAAs

RedCon1 is a company I've been really into lately. I noticed they had the fastest growth in under 2 years out of any company I have ever seen. They quickly rose to the rank of #3 on SR, and I couldn't figure out why. So, when Aaron Singerman himself sent me a tub of Breach to try out, I felt the need to write this review. I've used MRE in the past, and really enjoyed that product. So Breach was a great way to see what else they had to offer.

First things first... no proprietary blends. Nice to see companies being more transparent these days. At this point, I can't think of any product I'd willingly buy with a proprietary blend besides a legit bottle OG Jack3d, which at this point is a Unicorn.

To start, you have 5 grams of a 2:1:1 BCAA ratio. That is the best ratio for companies to use in my opinion. Typically, many companies that use higher leucine ratios do that to save them money, as Leucine is the cheapest bcaa out of the 3.

After that, we have 1 gram of coconut water powder. Great for hydration/electrolytes.

1 gram of Taurine, good studies for blood flow and some studies suggest it may be good for performance. Also, we have a gram of Glycerol Mono, which I am a big fan of. This ingredient really helps with cellular hydration and you see more and more of it in pre-workouts these days and for good reason. There are human studies on it, and I mostly get a longer lasting pump from it. There are also hydration benefits as well. It's actually a great ingredient for an intra, especially for those who have longer high-volume workouts. I hadn't seen this in other intra-workout products, so it was actually a way for me to test something new out.

One thing I'd like to see here is an addition of EAAs. With new research showing that too many BCAAs without EAAs may be counter-productive. RedCon1 let me know that they are coming out with an EAA product in the near future, so that's good news at least.

I had the Pineapple Banana flavor. It was more banana than pineapple by far. Some have compared it to banana runts. Since I have not had that in a very long time, I cannot really comment on that. Either way, the taste is very refreshing when you water it down, like I tend to do with all of my intra-workout supplements. It is not overly flavored either, which is nice.

Well, with the addition of GMS, you can expect a bunch of grit. There was a noticeable amount of grit on the sides of my shaker cup. No surprises, but I wonder how much GMS I'm missing out on.

One scoop during your workout mixed in water. Easy as it can be there.

Breach was nice to run. The biggest benefit I got out of it was the hydration. I had no issues with cramping, whether it be during cardio or lifting. That is something I look for most in my intra-workout products.

I tested this out with a pre-workout with no GMS added to it, and noticed that my pumps would last throughout my workouts just a bit longer. While I still recommend taking GMS pre-workout to let it absorb, if your workouts tend to be longer, sipping on GMS intra may be worth trying.

BCAAs are great for anti-catabolic reasons, so getting a dose of it during your workout makes sense. I won't really comment on recovery, as I feel there are too many factors that go along with that(sleep/overall nutrition/intensity for example).

I've seen this for as low as $25 on Amazon, I'd give this product a 9/10 at that price. However, you'll find this for $35 on most sites. Not the cheapest intra, but not the worst I've seen out there by any means. You have some electrolytes, glycerol, and taurine added to it. Taurine and electrolytes are simple add-ons, but glycerol mono kind of nudges the profile to an "above average" state, so I don't mind paying slightly more than your typically BCAA with nothing else added to it.

Side Effects

Conclusion

RedCon1 has a solid product with Breach. While it isn't too flashy as far as an intra goes, it still gets it right where it counts. A tasty intra-workout drink, that aids in hydration, performance, and pumps. While there are plenty of ingredients that could make this better, I'd consider Breach a staple if it had EAAs added to it.

Give it a shot if you like long high-volume workouts. The longer lasting pump is great, and you'll be less likely to cramp during that time.