Clipper83

SR TROOPer

• Member has been active for 5 years, and was last online today
  • Social media account not linked

TROPHY CASE

Reviews by Clipper83

Thanks to ADN for sending it out!
I haven't been taking multi-vitamins like I used to recently. They used to be a staple in my supplement regimen, and now I only seem to run them when I remember to.

With being around the supplement industry for so long, it's easier for me to tell whether a MV is worth taking or not. For me, it typically depends on the forms of vitamins being used.

Others have given their opinions on it, I have my own. To start, 2 things that I don't like are the B-12 being cyanocobalamin, and that there is calcium carbonate in here. The cyano form of B-12 is inferior to the methyl form. I personally believe that calcium supplements should be avoided as much as possible. They have been shown to increase the risk of kidney stones and heart attacks, 2 things I would like to avoid in my lifetime.

Other than that, I don't see anything really bad in here. When supplements go crazy with their dosages, it just becomes overkill. I like the forms of magnesium they chose(citrate for instance), however, I wish there was more in here.

A basic dose of Vitamin D is good to see.

There is a small blend of antioxidants, but at 350mg and there being 6 different ingredients, it's not worth looking into in my opinion.

3 pills with food every day, nothing bad. Pills are not too big, at least for me.

The one issue here is the SMELL. These pills are by far the worst pills I have ever experienced. They smell like rotting mushrooms/cheese. I never burped it up, and for that, I am thankful.

Most people say it is hard to tell if a MV is working or not, and for the most part, I would agree with them. Unless you are deficient in a single vitamin, and the multi you were taking took care of that deficiency, you wouldn't be able to tell if it is completely benefitting you or not, especially if you eat healthy.

With that said, it is nice to have your bases covered. ADN does cover most of everything you need, and that is what most MVs are for.

The big difference between this and some other multis on the market, is that the others have some extra goodies with health benefits in them. You won't find any saw palmetto, no hawthorne berry extract... none of that. While this is fine, since you can get this all of those by themselves, there is nothing sexy about this product. While I did mention a blend of antioxidants(blueberry, green tea, etc.), they are in too small of doses to see much of a benefit from.

This is better than your basic Centrum, by a long shot, but it is not better than Animal Pak or Anavite . The forms of vitamins used are for the most part, better than your average brands, so I can actually expect my body to utilize the ingredients in here.

For $15, this is a decent deal. Although you only get 30 servings, you could take this every other day and be fine with your vitamin intake as it is.

Side Effects

Conclusion

This will never be my first recommendation. Honestly, I'll probably forget about this in the near future. However, I can't completely trash it. If you want a multi that has some decent forms of minerals, don't need B-12 in your diet, don't mind a horrible smell, or taking 3 pills a day, this is a "meh" product you can easily buy off of Groupon at an affordable price. However, if you want a multi with some actual benefits and a great profile, I'd look elsewhere, especially if you need some B-12 in your diet.
 Pros:
 Cons:
  • Some Decent Ingredients
  • Easy 3 Pills
  • Under-dosed Compared To Competitors
  • Smell Awful
  • Introduces Nothing New

Thanks to NutraBio for sending it out!
Big shout out to NutraBio for sending this out. I used to be against a lot of these "recovery supplements", but recently, I've been a little more open to them. I typically just sip on BCAAs during my workout, and expect to recover better, or at least keep on muscle when I'm in a caloric deficit.

I opened my mind to them, and got a chance to try a product from a very well respected supplement company. Let's take a look to see how I responded.

First and foremost, big props to for the no prop. More and more companies are opening up their formulas for the consumer to have a better idea of what they are getting. While I do see why some companies would like to keep their formulas, I still give high props to companies that do choose to not hide anything.

To start there are 8 grams of BCAAs which are fermented, good to see NutraBio went with quality here.

Next we have several amino acids, glutamine, ornithine, glycine, and carnitine. Not the biggest believer in glutamine, but I am a fan of carnitine. Especially for its ability to aid in fat loss.

Next comes the beta-alanine, 2 forms of creatine, and TMG. While most would be fine with simple creatine mono, I am a fan of creatine hcl and magnapower. I've had great success with both, and it's nice to see them in here. Lately, I've preferred the creatine hcl as I don't feel like I get bloated on it like I do with mono(no matter how much water I drink).

Another blend is the taurine+electrolyte blend. Taurine seems to be quite underutilized in my opinion, even though the general consensus is that it is beneficial.

BioPerine to help with absorption and you got yourself a well-rounded recovery product. Only thing I could ask for is a similar product just with cyclic dextrin added, yet I can always add that myself.

I had the Orange Mango flavor and it was pretty enjoyable. While it had a sour taste to it, probably due to the creatine hcl and citric acid. It is pretty good. While not as good as something like SizeOn, it's very drinkable.

One scoop is all you need, either after your workout, or anytime on off days. Easy as it gets really.

Reload was a great experience. Let me just get that out of the way. I typically sipped on it during my cardio after lifting, and whenever I could on off days.

I noticed a significant increase in recovery while taking this. I hit multiple PRs over several weeks while on this, and I did not feel sore, almost at all in hindsight. The only reason I had to back off of training was more of a CNS issue as opposed to my muscle not being able to keep up. I would go to the gym, and although I felt worn down mentally, as soon as I moved weight, I realized that I wasn't getting any weaker.

I prefer to take beta-alanine post-workout personally, as I would rather avoid any pins and needles feeling, which seem to come randomly for me nowadays. So this makes it easier for me to get it in.

I got the same reaction to the creatine in here as I would a basic mono, but without the bloat/water, which is welcome.

I had minimal cramping, which as made clear to me, as the day I stopped using this, the calves tended to cramp a lot more than what I had been used to for a month.

A great recovery/performance enhancer by any supplement standard.

You can get this around $39.99. While it is not the cheapest product I have found in regards to recovery, for the effectiveness, it is well worth the money.

You're basically getting your beta-alanine, creatine, bcaas, electrolytes, along with some other goodies all in one tasty drink as opposed to having multiple tubs of powder sitting around. This can replace your intra as well. It's worth the money for sure.

Side Effects

Conclusion

I very much enjoyed running Reload. I had great recovery, had some of my staple supplements taken care of without needing multiple tubs, minimal cramping, strength increase from creatine, the list goes on.

If you like recovery products like I do, I highly recommend giving this a run. This is worth picking up, even if the initial $40 may seem like a big investment.
  • Enhanced Recovery
  • Reduced DOMS
  • Great Label Information
  • No Proprietary Blends
  • Enhanced Recoery
  • Little Pricey

Thanks to RSP for sending it out!
Boy do I like sleep products. Unlike many supplements out there, you can actually tell if it is working. There are plenty of benefits to getting a better nights sleep, so why not do what you can to make that part of your day that much better?

ZMAs has been around for quite some time now. While many say it is overhyped, which is something I agree with, I also see some benefits to the product.

This is not your basic ZMA, even though it kind of is at the same time. Along with the standard zinc, magnesium, and b-6, you get 3mg of melatonin, and 200iU of Vitamin D3. RSP kept it simple, and added some simple ingredients to make the product just a bit more worth your money.

I typically advise against melatonin, and don't like taking anything higher than 1mg. 3mg is typically my limit, as I find that if I take anymore than this amount I get sleep hangovers.

Along with that comes a solid dose of magnesium aspartate. Magnesium is great for muscle relaxation, and in my opinion, may be one of the most underrated supplements out there. Just have to make sure you are getting a good form of it. The kind found in Z-Elite is very bioavailable.

Besides the zinc, I must mention the 200iU of vitamin D. While not 100% of your daily value, it is very much welcome.

3 pill before bedtime. The capsules were easy for me to swallow, yet I can imagine some would have an issue with them. If you want good doses of certain ingredients, you're gonna have to swallow pills.

(7/10)

After running several other products in the same category prior to this, I had some comparisons. I'll break this down into several categories.

Getting to sleep:(6/10)
This was not Z-Elite's strong point. Since it is a ZMA product, the magnesium in it helped my muscles relax, however, this does not effect me like valerian would for instance. Melatonin doesn't really make me tired as it is, it just makes me sleep somewhat harder in my experience.

Sleep quality:(8/10)
I had some very vivid dreams while on Z-Elite. This is common with ZMA products, so it's nice to see it doing its job. My dreams even had me waking up wondering if my girlfriend really was elected President of the US.

My sleep was just a bit harder than usual. It wasn't the heaviest I've ever slept, but it was still noticeable. I'd attribute this to the melatonin, as I've taken the same dose before and had the same results.

It did not make me sleep throughout the night, which is another thing I look for in these kinds of products.

Recovery and well-being:(7/10)

Nothing too big to mention here. I did not wake up with any hardcore sleep hangovers like products in the past(G8 from Finaflex comes to mind). There was no increase in overall well-being however. Never really woke up and felt ready to "take on the day" until I took some caffeine. Never woke up groggy, which is a good thing.

I got the basic benefits from getting decent sleep, as opposed to the benefits of taking something like Noxitropin where I would wake up feeling amazing.

Value:(9/10)

You can get this for around $21 on some websites. For 60 servings, this is a good deal. Especially since the magnesium and zinc are well dosed.

Side Effects

Some crazy dreams, which is to be expected.

Conclusion:(8/10)

While Z-Elite is pretty basic at first glance, it can be beneficial to those who have trouble getting some basic sleep. The ingredients are well dosed, the vitamin D is a plus, and the melatonin is not overly dosed either.

While I would rather run Noxitropin for the heavy sleep that comes with it, I wouldn't mind running Z-Elite as an everyday sleep aid either between cycles(of sleep products).

If you don't want to go hardcore and run products like Mass HGH, Noxitropin, or Resurrect, Z-Elite would be a good option. Especially since you'd only be out a mere $21 for a full month run.
 Pros:
 Cons:
  • Cheap
  • Consistent

Thanks to NutraBio for sending it out!
    It's broscience to have a slow digesting protein before bedtime. How often have you heard that you need to consume either casein, cottage cheese, or greek yogurt before you go to sleep so that way you body has a slow release of aminos to use while you fast for the night? I used to be all about this, and in hindsight, I feel stupid.

However, some real struggles some of us deal with are getting the right amount of protein, and those late night cravings. I typically save a good amount of my daily calories/macros for nighttime. I do this because it lets me enjoy some tasty treats at night with little restriction.

Either way, I typically seem to need around 30-50 grams of protein before bed, with my eating schedule. Therefore, hen I saw NutraBio's Casein up for grabs, I thought it would be the perfect addition to my stack.

It is Micellar Casein. This is most bioavailable form of casein you can get. NutraBio is known for its great manufacturing practices, and for its transparency.

One scoop gives you 25 grams of protein, 0.5 grams of fat, and 2 grams of carbohydrate. 110 calories per scoop. This is leaner than most whey isolates on the market. There are very few "other ingredients' added for the flavor as well.

Overall the profile is great, and I have not seen any casein on the market better.

Taste: I had the strawberry flavor and it was really good. It was more like a treat than anything, and I actually looked forward to it every night. Had a much more lighter taste than the overly flavored products you find today. I only used water for this fyi.

Mix: it mixed quite well, which was a welcome surprise because most casein products I have used typically have a bit of clumping. I rarely experienced a clump at all, sometimes maybe at 2 scoops with little water.

It is very thick. Not as thick as GNC's casein from what I remember about that product, but it was on par with several meal replacement products I have used. It's like drinking a real milkshake at times.

Effectiveness:(9/10)

Since I knew casein was thicker than other forms of protein, I wanted to use it as an "around bedtime" protein to keep my nighttime cravings at bay. This delivered perfectly. It will sit in your stomach like a brick. I like this, because it kept me satisfied until the next morning without fail. Even if I had another 40 carbs left, I had no problem not eating them. This actually makes a great cutting protein powder due to the lower carb/fat content as well as the satiation.

I experienced no gas or bloating really, just a feeling like I had a solid chunk of food in my stomach.

Can't really comment on results, as it is a supplement for your protein intake, nothing special will come from drinking this as far as results go.

Value:(8/10)

You can get a tub of this for around $39.99, for around 28 servings. This is not the best when you can simply get some greek yogurt, or even whey cheaper. However, this is well worth the money for multiple reasons. To start off, the quality is great. I love knowing that what I am getting has a solid company behind it. Another reason why I like this casein so much, is because it is so much leaner than other proteins. A cup of greek yogurt will typically have as many carbs as it does protein, and those carbs tend to be sugar. Micellar Casein is basically the same protein as greek yogurt, without the extra sugar.

This is worth the extra money if you have it.

Conclusion:(9/10)

Even with the higher price tag, I would suggest using this. The taste is great, the satiation can be very useful(especially for those on a cut), and the quality is top notch.

If you are one of those bros who feels the need to get in some slow digesting protein before bed to avoid going anti-catabolic, or an iifym guy who need to fill out his protein needs and has no more carbs of fats to play with late at night, this is the way to go.
     Pros:
     Cons:
    • 100 % Micellar Casein
    • Great Profile
    • Best Mixing Casein I've Tried
    • Taste Great
    • Can Be Expensive

(SR paid for product; Primeval Labs did not participate)
    Been having a lot of fun with Nootropics lately. Using them at work has benefitted me in many ways. Just increasing your overall alertness, productivity, and drive can make a world of difference in your #worklife. Nootropics have taken the supplement industry on by storm these past few years, and for good reasons. After trying several throughout the years, I feel I can gauge the effectiveness of them quite well. With my short attention span, any increase is noticed.

To start, there are no blends at all. This is great, especially for a product like this.

The first ing...

The first ingredient on the list is L-Tyrosine. While this is great, I'd prefer to see the N-Acetyl form, due to the increased bioavailability. I've been seeing the Alpha GPC being utilized quite a bit lately, and that's a good thing. A good form of choline is always welcome.

There is a modest amount of Noopept in this. At 20mg, it's dosed alright. I've seen higher, in products like Azoth. It's still a decent dose, and if you take it twice a day, you are getting a good amount.

Vinpocetine and Huperzine are great, I basically see them in every product nowadays, at least the ones that claim to increase focus. 200mg of Di-Caffeine Malate to boot...

Overall, it's a solid profile that doesn't try to outdo itself. No hardcore stimulants, no unknown ingredients, no outrageous dosages.

2 pills once or twice a day. I typically took 2 pills a day, in the morning before work. Once in a while I would take the 2 recommended servings per day, but only when I was feeling frisky.

Effectiveness:(8.1/10)

I'll break this down into categories.

Focus: I felt I was able to focus a bit better. It was not laser like focus, like the focus I had on Azoth. However, it was noticeable, especially when I had multiple tasks to accomplish at work. I wouldn't let myself get distracted as easily, but I did not have long-lasting tunnel-vision.

I did not really get a huge urge to get things done like I did when I was on Azoth, I more or less got more stuff done because there was just more stuff to get done at work. I wasn't finishing weekly tasks days before I had to get them done, I was getting them done on well on time. Which is fine too.

Energy: While this is not an energy supplement, I'm going to assume many people would look for that in this. I'd get a slight boost in energy while taking this. The caffeine source in Gray Matter is meant to be longer-lasting, which also helps you avoid that post-caffeine crash many people dread. It's not really gonna replace your cup of hard hitting black coffee in the morning, but it will give you a slight boost in well-being for a few hours.

Value:(8.8/10)

You can find this for around $25 on some sites. This is a fair price for a product like this. On A1supps, you can get this for $39.99 BOGO free. For $20 a bottle, I'd say it is worth buying, and if you really like it, worth stocking up on.

At $25 though, I'd say it is worth picking up if you want to get your feet wet and are new to nootropics. Better than spending $50+ on a product that you don't even know will work, and that probably has blends.

Conclusion:(8.5/10)

Gray Matter is a fine product. It isn't flashy, it isn't expensive, it works to well enough to try. Don't expect to be writing college length essays the day before they due on it, but expect to be a slightly better person for a few hours after taking it. Compared to stronger products like Azoth, it is more on the moderate side.

The price however, makes it worth running, possibly even making it a staple in your stack. I'd recommend a beginner to nootropics to try this first, before trying something stronger, because sometimes, less is more.
     Pros:
     Cons:
    • Increase In Focus

Thanks to Nature Restore for sending it out!
      I've always been a fan of cayenne pepper and the benefits that come with it. When a company offers a product that I know will benefit my health, it's hard to pass up. Nature Restore has been letting SR review their product line quite a bit lately, so kudos for that. I had success with their sleep product, so I am more inclined to try more from them.

Each pill consists of 500mg of cayenne, which gives you 225mg of capsaicin. Without giving you an entire essay with links to research on the benefits of capsaicin, I'll just tell you it is known for its ability to help with a number a health issues. These include digestive health, and cardiovascular health, which are very important. There is some research on fat loss, but nothing conclusive.

70,000 heat unit, which is higher than the average cayenne pills I used to sell(at least most of them) when I was still selling supplements.

Typically one pill a day, but you can take more if you really want to. I never experienced burps like others have mentioned.

You want to take this with food for sure, or else you gonna have a bad time.

Effectiveness:(8.0/10)

Well, I guess I'll start with digestive health. It after the initial side effects(see below), I noticed that I was just feeling better throughout the day and had healthy movements :). This also boosts immune health, just a side note. I rarely get sick, so no comment here, but I'm sure it helped.

Heart health- well, can't really comment on this because I did not get bloodwork done, but my cardiovascular health is always pretty good, so I don't know how much of a difference it would make.

You can tell they did not skimp out on the cayenne because after taking this, I would be HOT. My skin(especially ears) would get red, my body would sweat a bit, and I'd get chills around my body. Honestly it was kind of a nice feeling. You can actually FEEL this stuff working on your body, which is a change from other supplements that you just hope they work on you, like fish oil for instance.

I've read the benefits of skin health, I personally did not notice anything.

Value:(9/10)

You can find this for about $12 on Amazon. There are cheaper products out there, but they are usually less concentrated, so you have to take more pills. $12 for a 3 month supply of cayenne isn't going to hurt your wallet, and it's for your health, not some garbage natural anabolic that has sketchy studies behind it. I'd have no problem dishing out the cash for this.

Side Effects

Oh my god, the pain on my first dose was insane. My stomach felt like it was on fire for a good 15-25 minutes. It seemed to come in waves and would spread throughout my abdominal region. I did some more reading online and found that just eating something with cayenne on it, or even just putting a little bit of the spice on your tongue before ingestion will basically send a warning signal to digestive system to not freak out when the capsaicin hits. When I tried this, it worked like a charm. No real side effects except the sweating that comes with it. First real "heartburn" experience I guess.

Oh yeah, the burning sensation when you "let it out" isn't fun, but you get used to it...

Conclusion:(8.5/10)

Nature Restore has their "Me Too!" product of cayenne pepper on the market. It is not the strongest, nor exactly the cheapest, but it is worth the money. Cayenne is great for overall health and the effects can for the most part be felt.

If you can get passed to side effects, I'd say it's a staple worthy product. For $12 every 3 months, it's a solid investment.
       Pros:
       Cons:
      • Thermo Effect
      • Immunity Enhancement
      • Heartburn
      • Horrible Stomach Pain

(SR paid for product; Primeval Labs did not participate)
      Primeval Labs has gained a lot of attention from me over the past year. I've watched Jerry Ward's videos ever since he first got in a spat with Ian McCarthy to kickstart his rise, and although I don't always like what he says, I can't say he doesn't give out some good advice. He got my attention to his sponsors a while back with Intracell 7, a product he formulated, and ever since I've actually been paying attention to Primeval Labs products, especially since their product line looks pretty good.

Adrenal Rush V2 was put up by Tom, and after looking at the profile, I had to snag it for myself.

First and foremost, a big + for the lack of prop. blends. While I don't dwell on prop blends like I used to, I can still dish out credit when it's due.

Here's a little copypasta from A1supplements:
      N-Methltyramine HCL 50mg
      AdvantraZ 50mg
      Hordenine 50mg
      Higenamine HCL 25mg

First off, even though I recommend people to take Beta-Alanine as a standalone(like creatine), it's good to see them use a good dose of it. Agmatine is at a great dose of 1500mg, which to me is a max dose. I've grown tired of anything with 300mg+ caffeine, so seeing something lower than that is good. I don't feel like such high doses are necessary to have a good workout, and if you need more than 200-275mg, I'd probably say you have an unhealthy caffeine addiction.

Taurine and Norvaline are nice to see, and all of the other stimulants, especially AdvantraZ, always been a fan of that.

It's a good profile.

I had the pineapple mango flavor. While it did have a chemical taste to it, it was not awful. I wouldn't call it good, actually it was a little bitter, but I've had way worse(Prodigy comes to mind). Honestly, I'm just happy Tom didn't send me watermelon lol. I'd say you'd get a little tropical punch like flavor at first which then transforms into a chemical like medicine.

I ended up just chugging it towards the end.

It mixes very well, and it's a one scoop product.

Effectiveness:(9/10)

I have nothing but good things to say about Adrenal Rush V2.

Energy: 9/10

Good clean energy, I never felt cracked out. Good performance in the gym tends to go hand in hand with getting a "good boost" as opposed to being cracked out for me. Never felt like I was dragging in the gym, and I never experienced a crash either.

Focus:8.5/10

While not the best I've used for focus, I still noticed a bit more tunnel-vision than I'm used to. Nothing major, but noticeable for sure. Not as good as MAN Gameday, but good nonetheless. Def. an increase in mind-muscle connection.

Pumps:8.5/10

1500mg of agmatine did its job. I ran a tub of straight agmatine before running this, and had the same response. Increased pumps, more veins, pretty much on par with a lot of other pre-workouts on the market. Satisfied!

Value:(9/10)

You can find this for about $35. While there are cheaper products, most of those aren't one scoop products(C4 comes to mind). For 30 servings, it's a very solid deal at $35.

Actually, there is a sale on this on a1supps. $39.99 BOGO free. At $20 a bottle, it's worth snagging. I'd give that deal a 9.5/10.

Conclusion:(9/10)

This product gets 9s across the boards. A one scoop, no prop blend, clean energy, pump-inducing, well-dosed pre-workout is always nice to see. The taste may not wow you, but that's a small sacrifice for what you're getting. Pick this up and give it a shot.

At $20 a bottle(if you get the deal I mentioned), I'd say this product could be worth stocking up on if you're on a long-term budget but don't want a cheap, ineffective product like 1MR Vortex you'd get at CVS.
       Pros:
       Cons:
      • Solid Pumps
      • Increased Focus
      • Not The Best Tasting

Thanks to GTNĀ® Fuel Your Performance. for sending it out!
      Well, to start, is anybody really loyal to any protein powder? There are so many of the on the market, that I don't think I've ever bought the same protein powder twice in a row. With such a big market, it allows companies to get creative with flavor to stand out. Catching peoples attention is everything.

Here we have GTN Whey. At first glance, it looks like just another protein powder on the market.

It's a blend of Whey concentrate. isolate, and hydrolysate. Nothing wrong here at all. At this point for me, I could go with a basic concentrate and be just as happy. Still, it gets a thumbs up from me.

The macros are more important to me.

25 protein
      3 carb
      2 fat

Very standard, which is a good thing. Unless you're competing and need your protein sources to have no carbs/fats, this is a fine macro profile.

Probably the most important part of any protein powder review. Did it taste good? I had the cinnamon flavor and it tasted pretty good. It was not overly flavored by any means, in fact, I found it quite weak sometimes, but that is just fine. It does leave a nice aftertaste of your typical cinnamon protein powder, so that's a bonus.

I wouldn't say it tastes as good as MTS whey does, but I'd compare it to your basic ON whey flavor.

Mixability was really good though. Never had a clump to speak about.

Effectiveness:(9/10)

No GI issues at all, no bloat, nothing to complain about. This is always the hardest part to write about, since protein powders are more of a convenience food than a supplement.

It gets the basic 9/10.

Value:(8.8/10)

You can get this for around $30. Priced pretty well for a 2lb tub of protein. Perhaps a 5lb tub would bring the cost down.

Conclusion:(8.9/10)

Overall it's a basic protein powder. Nothing super special, but not bad by any means. I would recommend it if someone asked me if they should buy it, but it won't be the first protein powder to come to mind when someone asks me for suggestions.
       Pros:
       Cons:
      • Tastes Great
      • No Stomach Issues
      • Would Like To See It In A 5lb Container

Another BCAA review, boy I've gone through quite a few of these over the years.

I picked this up on special at the LA FitExpo back in January. I've always been a fan of Ryan Hughes(fitness model turned entrepreneur), and when he left BSN to start his own company, I thought I'd give it a shot.

Another BCAA review, boy I've gone through quite a few of these over the years.

Ghost is the first "lifestyle company". Their marketing campaign is interesting to say the least, and I'd advise you to check out their website and IG. They signed some really popular YouTube fitness guys, including Guzman and Chewning. I'm not a huge youtube guy, but even I know the significance of that.

Looks like they'll be the MTV of the supplement/fitness industry.

Ghost Aminos has a very solid profile at first glance. Along with 5 grams of the best BCAA ratio(2:1:1), they offer a bunch of other goodies, including Alpha GPC, Citrulline, electrolytes, EAAs, 5-HTP, and Taurine. So overall, it's not just a simple BCAA. I'd call it more of an intra-workout performance drink.

Nothing to complain about here really. I could imagine them making a product with this exact profile and adding some cyclic dextrin and creatine in the future.

I had the fruit punch flavor, and while it did not taste bad, it was not super enjoyable either. I guess the best way to describe it would be a fruit punch flavor with a slight hint of sourness to it. Personally, besides SizeOn grape from Gaspari, I haven't really been a huge fan of strong tasting intra workout products, I feel like they just sit in my stomach. Ghost Amino wasn't too strong in terms of flavor, but I noticed I enjoyed it more when I watered it down halfway throughout my workout.

Not bad and very drinkable, but nowhere near my favorites. It mixes very well, so that's a plus.

On another note, I had a few samples of the legend blue raspberry, which tasted really good, so I'm just regretting not getting the BCAA flavor of that instead.

As for dosing, one scoop, easy.

Effectiveness:(9.2/10)

Ghost Amino was quite a joy to run. I had minimal cramps, increased recovery, and just overall better workouts. I've noticed a big difference recently in products that add EAAs and pump ingredients. I respond very well to citrulline, even in small doses like in here, so that was welcome. Adding EAAs to BCAAs just makes too much sense not to do at this point in time as it is.

The added Taurine and Electrolytes(from coconut water powder) was good, especially for my calves which constantly cramp as it is.

Really easy overview, but trust me, it outperformed many products I have tried in the past.

Value:(8/10)

You can find this for $40 pretty much everywhere you look. While it's not cheap, like most of Ghost's products, it is a much more complete profile than most other products. This is not your simple MAN Sports Iso-Amino with just leucine, isoleucine, and valine. You get an overall performance drink here, so I'm not as concerned dishing out the money for this one.

I'd probably say $35 would be a better price for this myself however, but the price is still fair.

To note, I did get this for $20 at the LA Fitness Expo along with a tub of Legend(review coming as well).

Conclusion:(8.8/10)

Overall I'd say Ghost Amino is a very well-rounded product. It delivers in recovery, hydration, pumps, etc. The taste is alright, and I'm sure they will release a wider variety of flavors. The price, while not perfect, is fair if you you're looking for a boost in your performance as opposed to just a simple BCAA. I'd give it a try, especially if they ever have a sale on it. Looking forward to what else Ghost has to offer in the future.
       Pros:
       Cons:
      • Pumps
      • Anti-Cramping
      • Better Recovery
      • Slightly Expensive
      • Strong Flavor

Thanks to Maven Labs for sending it out!
      I like my sleep... I think we all do. Ever since I started lifting, my quality of sleep increased quite dramatically. Nowadays, I'm just looking for products to help make that sleep even better. I've experimented with many products in this category over the last few years, and that some suck, some are good, some are great, and some are too good. So, here is another one...

Unwind has a solid array of ingredients, all of which I approve of for the most part. It also has my favorite sleep aid, which is valerian root. I typically take valerian root by itself, which I've had great success with, so seeing them throw it in here is awesome. I like the magnesium and lemon balm, as well as the 5-HTP(underrated ingredient right here) for good sleep patterns.

Unwind is one of the more "complete" profiles on the market, and is very well-rounded.

2 pills before bed. Easy enough.

Effectiveness:(9/10)

Unwind worked just like it should have. I got deep sleep from the melatonin, muscle relaxation from the magnesium, felt well rested from the magnesium. The list goes on.

I would take this every night right before I hopped into bed. Every night was the same... fell asleep on quickly, little to no distractions, waking up feeling pretty good and well rested.

I'd say this is a product that tackles everything when it comes to sleep and the stages around it. I experienced little to no grogginess, except on weekends where I tend to lay in bed longer than I should.

Value:(8/10)

You can get this for around $25. With 16 servings, it may not be a good choice for every one, especially those on a tight budget. It is still not an unfair price by any means, especially since you are getting a very well-rounded package.

Side Effects

Conclusion:(8.7/10)

Overall, Unwind is one of the better formulated products out there. It has an answer for pretty much all sleep related things, which eliminates the need to stack multiple products to get that "perfect night sleep". While some may do better by just experimenting with different ingredients, it may just be easier to get this and be sure it is covering all bases as opposed to buying melatonin and finding out it does not work for you on its own.

Solid and well-rounded are the words of the day for this one.
       Pros:
       Cons:
      • Deep Sleep
      • Helped With Recovery
      • Able To Wake Up If Needed