Clipper83

SR TROOPer

• Member has been active for 6 years, and was last online today
  • Social media account not linked

TROPHY CASE

Reviews by Clipper83

Thanks to Ronnie Coleman Signature Series for sending it out!
  July 20, 2017

I've been a fan of RCSS products over the past few years. They are always well-priced, taste good, perform fairly well, and of course, the owner is a legend. So, when RCSS put up their Carnitine for review, I thought I'd give it a shot since my current goal is cutting anyways.

I've used Carnitine in the form of acetyl-l-carnitine, which is known to perform very well, especially in terms of muscle nerve function. However, L-Carnitine on it's own isn't really known for that. It is usually marketed as a "burn fat instead of muscle" type product.

Well, since it was fla...

Well, since it was flavored, I raised my hand for it and gave Big Ron a chance.

It's straight L-Carnitine. 3000mg worth of it. You can judge this by how much you like Carnitine. I had success with Acetyl-L-Carnitine in the past, but I've never used L-Carnitine on it's own before.

I had the mixed berry flavor. It was too strong for me personally on it's own. When I mixed it with some water, it actually became an enjoyable drink.

One tablespoon is a serving. I measured out a tablespoon, which filled out only half or so of the cap, so dosing exactly one tablespoon without an actually tablespoon sucked.

It is a clear liquid, so mixability isn't an issue.

This is really a tough one to judge. I threw this on top of a cut, which I have been on the last month. I guess I should mention the obvious... you MUST have your diet in control to see any results at all.

One thing I noticed was slightly less fatigue throughout the day. I was taking in a lot less caffeine than usual, yet while on this, I felt as if I didn't need it. That's pretty big for me, as my caffeine addiction is pretty ridiculous at this point. I ran this while dieting, and for the first month I got down about 14-15 pounds.

I cannot give this all of the credit of course, but it did have its place. I did notice an endurance increase during cardio.

L-Carnitine is more of one of those products you take, and expect to not see any direct benefit from, yet know that there are studies that show some promise. Kind of like green tea for me. However, I have been cutting off fat faster than I thought I would, so there is no way this product did not benefit me in some way.

At the end of the day, I'd still go with ALC over this, as there are more focus benefits with that form of carnitine as well.

You can get this for $16 on M&S, this is a solid deal. Other than that you find it for around $25-29. I wouldn't pay the latter personally, as there are better carnitine forms out there.

At $16 though, I wouldn't mind throwing this on top of a cutting stack.

Side Effects

Conclusion

Not going to lie, this was a tough one to gauge. Unlike caffeine, or other thermogenic ingredients, you don't notice the effects on L-Carnitine as easily. With stimulants, I can feel the energy. With capsaicin, I can feel the burn. With carnitine... I noticed a slight boost in my fat loss with perhaps a slight energy boost, yet nothing to write home about.

If you have the extra cash, I'd say throw this in your stack, because $16 won't make or break most of you. However, if you want a fat burner you can feel, that will crush your appetite, and make you sweat... go for a proven thermogenic. I'd say this is better than Green Coffee Bean extract, yet way under Yohimbine Hcl at the end of the day.
  • Leaning Effect
  • Multiple Flavors

Thanks to Dymatize Nutrition for sending it out!
      July 18, 2017

I feel kind of weird saying this, but until recently, I had never tried Dymatize products, maybe 2. Dymatize is pretty much the "other" Optimum Nutrition when it comes to whey protein. They are a very well known company, and have a reputation for making high quality products.

It's fun to try products before they are released, it almost makes you feel special in some way. So when Dymatize put their unreleased product up for review, I jumped at it. Knowing their reputation, I was pretty sure it was going to be a legit product. I was sent a VIP box that contained a cool t-shirt, a small shaker cup, and of course, their pre-workout.

Did Dymatize live up to my expectations?

The best way I can describe this pre-workout would be "complete".

One serving gives you:
    N-Acetyl-L-Tyrosine 350 mg
    Caffeine as Anhydrous 300 mg
    Coconut Water Fruit Powder 200 mg
    TeaCrine 125 mg

As you can see, it's a great profile. You get a great dose of citrulline malate at 8 grams, a proven dose of beta-alanine, and a solid dose of caffeine. 300mg is my max when it comes to caffeine dosing these days, so it's nice to see them stay away from 400mg, which I see many companies do these days.

I've had success with Nitrosigine, and the Theacrine is one of the highest doses I've seen in any product. I really like the addition of taurine and coconut water fruit powder, as I am kind of big on electrolytes.

Nothing I can complain about really. Some would want to see some agmatine or bioperine, but I feel those are somewhat unnecessary for this kind of product.

Dosing is perfect. One scoop dosing is good to see.

I had the cotton candy flavor, and it was not very good in all honesty. I didn't look forward to it and usually just chugged it down to get it over with. I'm going to guess it is because of the high dose of citrulline malate, but don't quote me on that.

It mixes very well, and I didn't have any issue with it at all. No clumps or anything like that. The only issue I did have was that the product seems to clump up quite bad while it is in the tub. Others have had the same problem. I had a monster clump, which even with massive amounts of shaking I couldn't get rid of. Ended up crushing it with the scooper.

Well, this is the important part. To put it easily, I really enjoyed Pre-W.O. Within 15 minutes of drinking it, I had great energy that lasted throughout my workout. I never had a caffeine crash either, which was great. I'm sure the Teacrine played a part in that as well, as I have noticed pre-workouts with TeaCrine tend to make me not crash hard.

Even with the taste being subpar, I didn't have any stomach issues after taking it.

Pumps were noticeably better, which was expected, with the high dose of citrulline malate and Nitrosigine of course. Can't really comment too much on the coconut fruit, as I drink a lot of electrolytes/water as it is, so I tend to have less issues cramping these days.

When it comes down to it, you are getting a performance boost, not just an energy boost.

Overall, since the pre-workout market is flooded these days, I can only say that this is one of the higher performing products out there. Against products that are underdosed or just stimulant based(BPI 1MR for instance), this gives you an actual performance boost as opposed to the feeling that you drank coffee with blue sugar in it.

For the most part, you are going to find this for around $39.95, which is a bit higher than most pre-workouts. I have seen it for $32, but the site was kind of sketchy. So I'll stick with the $39.

Yes is it high, but you are getting a complete pre-workout. This isn't flavored caffeine with a little citrulline in there. This is betaine, taurine, teacrine, caffeine, nitrosigine,.... All of the ingredients seem to be from high quality companies as well. The betaine is from BetaPower, the theacrine is TeaCrine, the beta-alanine is from Carnosyn.

I'd say it is fairly priced.

Side Effects

Depending on tolerance, you are going to get some beta-tingles. Nothing bad at all. Not even sure why I am mentioning it.

Conclusion

Dymatize has really impressed me with their pre-workout. Besides the flavor, it is a well dosed, well performing product. Yes it is slightly more expensive than some other pre-workouts out there, but for the quality ingredients you are getting, and the performance benefits you get as well, it I well worth trying at least once.

Really, the profile speaks for itself.
     Pros:
     Cons:
    • Increased Performance
    • Quality Ingredients
    • You Get What You Pay For
    • Staple Worthy
    • Taste Is Meh
    • Powder Clumps Up In Tub

Overall
    Overall
    9.2
    9.2
    Thanks to VMI Sports Nutrition for sending it out!
      July 17, 2017

For the past month, I have been dieting. I was going through PCT, and needed to cut off a bit of fat. I figured this would be the perfect time to go keto. I've always wanted to try it, and after putting on a lot of extra water weight, I really wanted to get rid of the extra bloat I had put on. I had heard horror stories about the keto flu from others, and wanted to keep the side effects at bay.

Seems pretty weird that I'd mention that for a BCAA review, but it has its place. You'll find out why.

Per serving, you get 7 grams of BCAAs in ...

Per serving, you get 7 grams of BCAAs in a 2:1:1 ratio. I personally feel like 5 is fine, but I can't complain about extra BCAAs really. You get b-12 in its best form(methylcobolamin). 1.25grams of Betaine, which is a proven performance enhancer.

As for the electrolytes, VMI uses a TRAACS form of them. The minerals are attached to glycinate, which actually makes them highly absorbable. For example, a certain pre-workout used to have magnesium oxide in there, which in some caused diarrhea. Magnesium oxide isn't very bioavailable, therefore, it is wiser to go with a different form such as citrate or glycinate.

Aminogex also uses the magnesium that is bound to both glutamine and glycinate. I am not a big believer in glutamine, but it's nice to see a company use some new forms of ingredients that probably aren't cheap.

Only thing I think it is missing are EAAs.

I had the Iced Tea flavor and it was great. It wasn't too sweet, even on workouts where I took 2 servings worth, it was smooth, and even as I watered it down I found it enjoyable.

It mixes very well, slight foam like any bcaa product is supposed to have. One scoop is good as well serving is nice too.

Now for the important part. I'll start with workouts. I typically took 1-1.5 scoops during workouts and watered it down as I went. I experienced no cramping at all during workouts. My recovery seemed to jump up quite a bit as well. I typically get a modest recovery increase when I take BCAAs, but since I was taking around 7-10 grams of BCAAs, along with betaine, and extra magnesium, I just felt much better overall.

Now I mentioned keto earlier. Well, as I went through those first few days of no carbs, I expected to get some major side effects. Fatigue, brain fog, headaches, etc. This is typically due to your water balance being thrown off. I probably could have used pedialyte, but I was getting plenty of electrolytes through Aminogex.

I was taking 1-2 serving(or 2/3 servings) once or twice a day between meals, as it tasted so good, and because of this, my "keto flu" was barely noticeable. The only issue I seemed to have was one night I had a slight headache, but other than that, I felt fine. No brain fog, no mood swings, no cramping. This was awesome and I got into ketosis within 3 days no problem.

I'm sure this would be fine during a non-keto run as well. I'm just reviewing it how I used it.

You can get this for around $29. While it is not the cheapest out there, you get more than your basic BCAAs. You get betaine, and some high quality electrolytes, along with a good dose of magnesium. When I say "not the cheapest" I mean that it is fairly priced compared to many other products and if you want cheap, go get some Iso-Amino(and don't expect anything other than a slight recovery boost). You get a performance/recovery enhancer here, not just flavored aminos.

Side Effects

Conclusion

VMI did a great job on Aminogex. The flavor is awesome, the performance and recovery benefits are noticeable, and the price is reasonable. I highly recommend giving this a try, since this could easily be a staple a supplement regimen.
     Pros:
     Cons:
    • Reduced Fatigue
    • Improved Recovery
    • Improved Hydration
    • Magnesium Glycinate Glutamine Chelate

Thanks to Utzy Naturals for sending it out!
      July 15, 2017

I love to sleep, I'm sure we all do. I don't tend to have issues sleeping, or getting to sleep. However, I do love products that help me fall asleep faster. So when I saw that there was a product being offered by the TROOP program, I jumped on it of course.

It is a simple profile really. In fact, this is what turned me on to the product in the first place. A simple blend with valerian, passionflower, skullcap, and lemon balm. There are no proprietary blends. I honestly really like this profile. I am a huge fan of valerian as a standalone, and I've had success with all of the other ingredients, which happened to be in blends themselves.

Nothing looks underdosed really.

Just 2 pills, before bed. Easy enough. They are easy to swallow.

They do smell bad, but valerian always does.

Well, like the title says, I didn't really get what I wanted out of this. Usually, a good dose of Valerian on its own does the trick for me. At least when it comes to putting in the right mood to sleep. Well, Fall-Asleep didn't really seem to do that. I pretty much fell asleep normally. I typically take my pre-workout at 7-8pm as I typically like to workout at night. By 11pm-12am I am typically in bed and sleep is usually no problem. Once in a great while I have an insomnia episode, but that's so rare I never remember them.

I did notice that my sleep was slightly better in terms of sleeping through the night, but even that is rarely a problem either.

On a good note, I did notice I was able to get out of bed much easier. That's a plus because I typically like to lay in bed for a good while every morning.

While this wasn't the worst sleep aid I have used, it didn't do what I wanted it to do. I was looking for a product to help me get to sleep better/faster, I didn't get that out of this. Compared to other great sleep aids like Noxitropin, this didn't come close.

Another issue with this product is that there are only 15 servings in here. It's not the worst thing I can think of a supplement company doing, but is it really that bad to have a 30 day supply for a sleep product?

For around $18, you can get a bottle of this, so it's a little over a $1 a serving. That isn't horrible, especially compared to other combination products. I wouldn't mind paying that amount if I were only using it when I felt I needed it.

Side Effects

Conclusion

This product was destined to work for me, especially with the profile looking the way it did. However, I didn't notice much improvement over my normal sleep cycle. I still recommend people try this at least once, because the profile is solid. However, I will personally just sticking to standalone valerian next time I run a sleep aid.
     Pros:
     Cons:
    • Better Mornings
    • 15 Servings

Overall
    Thanks to Redcon1 for sending it out!
      July 10, 2017

I've heard a lot about Redcon1. I actually see people wearing their shirts quite often. When I saw an opportunity come up, I had to go for it of course.

Typically, I don't recommend meal replacement shakes as I feel a simple whey protein with ground up oatmeal and a banana are worth the effort the money you save. However, when I saw what Redcon1 used in MRE as carb sources, I was very interested.

As I just mentioned, I was interested in the fact that MRE uses carbs from sources such as sweet potato, ground oats, blueberry, and goji berry. This was much better than seeing it loaded with sugar and corn starch. There is dextrose, but it can't be a lot.

For 4 scoops(one serving), you get:

4fat
    75carb(5 sugar)
    47protein

Even at 2 scoops, the macros would be a solid meal replacement. I like how the fat is low, as anyone who counts macros knows fat is a precious macro that seems to go away quickly. If the fat isn't enough for you, add olive/macadamia/avocado oil if you must.

Again though, with 75carbs and only 5 of them being sugar, this is a great option if you need to eat but don't feel like cooking something up.

I had the sweet potato pie flavor. I must say I was pretty surprised how much I liked it. I only had it in water, and even then it has a nice sweet taste along with a cinnamon like flavoring to it.

I had no mixability issues. Rarely had a clump or residue at the bottom.

No you do have to take 4 scoops, this makes it easier to measure how much of MRE you actually want. If I don't want 75 carbs, I can take 2 scoops instead. Pretty convenient, much better than having to figure out if you took half a scoop by eyeballing it out.

I first started by taking this for breakfast. I had friends visiting me from Europe and we were on the go quite often. We tended to leave early which meant that there was little time to eat in the morning. So instead I would take this. It worked very well for keep my hunger at bay, while not making me feel bloating. I never had an issue not eating until later in the day. So as a healthy meal replacement, it did quite well.

Towards the end, I started a ketogenic diet with refeeds on weekends. Now, I tried to keep my fats as low as possible on these days, while keeping my carbs as healthy as well(for the most part lol). MRE was perfect for this, as I didn't want to get 400 carbs some pancakes with syrup and pasta. Also kept the bloat down, which is something I noted.

I did not take this everyday(obviously not on a keto diet), but for the most part, I took it when I felt I needed it, like as a snack between meals to keep hunger away.

Now the price for MRE is pretty steep. You can get a tub for $79.99. Haven't seen any sales, and discount codes tend to only take it down so much. Others have mentioned that there have been sales for 30% off, which brings it down to $63.99. That is quite a bit more reasonable. Also, if you are using only 2 scoops, which you very well could, it would be quite cost effective actually. Can't complain too much, as I tend to eat at Chipotle quite(very) often, and don't mind spending $8+ a meal.

I understand that using quality ingredients will raise the price of a convenience food quite a lot, which is why I tend just recommend whole foods like I said before. However, convenience has its benefits as well.

Side Effects

Conclusion

MRe is a solid option if you're looking for a quick healthy meal without the hassle of cooking. With the sugar being low, and from healthy sources, the fat being low, along with the protein being solid at even 1/2 a serving, it is a very versatile product.

The taste is unique, and to be honest, quite awesome. While the price point may be high initially, if you use it right and get it on sale, you can save some money in the long run.

I still recommend blending up some oatmeal and adding whey and a banana to it, but if youy don't want to do that, this is a nice alternative.
    • Increased Recovery
    • Whole Food Sources
    • Convenient
    • Ace-K
    • Dextrose

Overall
    Thanks to Aster Athletic for sending it out!
      July 5, 2017

I can deny it no longer... I have small wrists. This typically makes benching an issue for me. No matter how I hold the bar, I tend to have isues with them quite often. To combat this, I tend to add wrist support on any lift over 205 on barbell bench press, or anything over 80lb with DBs.

I have tried a few wrist wraps, and they work wonders for me. So when Aster opened up this opportunity to try their wraps, I immediately had to grab them.

Did they work? Let's find out.

Design

I'm sure most people reading this will know what wrist wraps are for. Aster ...

Did they work? Let's find out.

Design

I'm sure most people reading this will know what wrist wraps are for. Aster is made of high grade elastic that they claim gives you extra stiffness. This is good because some cheaper wrist wraps I've used seem to just want to cut off blood flow to your wrists instead of actually supporting them.

They have an extra band on them, which help you keep the wrist wrap snug, kind of like a thumb loop you see on other wrist wraps but made for the entire palm.

I do like the red color, hopefully they will offer some more unique color options in the future(I know color doesn't help your lifting, I just think I look better in blue)

Usage

I only used these on my push days, especially as I was working on increasing my bench without the wrist pain. After my first push exercise, I tend to ditch wraps and use moderate weight on all of my "fun" exercises to do after.

Sometimes I would add them to machine benches, but for the most part, I stuck with the king of all chest exercises, the barbell bench press.

Well, since I have tried several wrist wraps, I had some to compare them to. During the time I used them, I noticed no pain in my wrists while benching. This is what I expected obviously, but as opposed to some cheaper wrist wraps, I did notice actual "support" as opposed to just masking pain by cutting off circulation.

They did help me on some dumbbell movements as well. I tend to feel a little iffy when they weight gets above 80lb, and Aster wrist wraps def made my dumbbell movements feel a lot more stable.

Another note, I do like how they have instructional videos on their website. While wrist wraps seem so easy, noobs may have trouble figuring out the elastic loop thing.

You can get Aster wrist wraps for around 24.49 pounds(England money). That is around $31. It's a very fair price, especially when you consider other well known wraps going for $45 easily. The only issue it that Aster wrist wraps are not widely available, and they offer nothing other than wrist wraps. If you can pay for shipping they may be worth picking up

Conclusion

Overall I am a fan of these wrist wraps. They offer great support, are easy to use, and look cool.

If they were more widely available, I'd have no problem suggesting them. If you are in England or Europe for that matter I'd say pick them up. For the Americans, I'd suggest checking out well known companies like Iron Rebel.
     Pros:
     Cons:
    • Enhanced Wrist Stability
    • Helps Lift More Efficiently Under Heavier Loads
    • High Qaulity Design
    • Superb Wrist Support

9.5
    Thanks to RSP for sending it out!
      June 17, 2017

Thanks to RSP for letting me try a tub of ReGen BCAA. BCAAs are a staple for me. Lately, I have been more interested in amino products having both BCAAs and EAAs in them, I still

It's a very simple profile. Your basic 2:1:1 BCAA ratio, which I highly approve of. Along with that you get some electrolytes, 1 gram of citrulline malate, and some Bioperine. Nothing I can really complain about here.

Although there is plenty of other things they could throw in here to make it better, the only thing I'd like to see would be some EAAs.

----Ta...

In all honesty, this did not taste very good. I had the Raspberry Lemonade flavor, and I honestly felt it had a hint of cardboard or something in it. While it was not horrible or even bad, I can't say I didn't prefer it watered down.

It mixes like well like most bcaas on the market. No clumps and a bit of foam, which is expected.

For the most part, ReGen is a very basic BCAA supplement. Which is actually great. There are no surprises in ReGen.

I drank this during my workouts, either one or sometimes 2 scoops. I noticed less cramping from the electrolytes, and better recovery from the BCAAs. Since I was not too fond of the taste, I'd typically watered it down as much as possible. This in turn helped me consume more water during my workouts. I see this as a big plus actually.

I can't really comment on the citrulline malate, as any pre-workout I take typically has some sort of NO booster ingredients in them. I'm sure it helped in one way or another.

This isn't really a BCAA I would put in my gallon of water "bro jug" due to the taste, but I could see some people doing that.

You can get a 30 serving of ReGen for $20. This is a great deal. Compared to Iso-Amino from MAN Sports, which is praised for its great cost, it is priced similarly and has some extra goodies in there. So it is well worth the money. A potential staple for people who don't like to take in exotic ingredients.

I also found the 30 serving tub for $10 or so on Amazon, which makes it a steal really.

Overall, it's cheap lol.

Side Effects

Conclusion

RSP ReGen is a solid choice for people who want something that isn't too flashy, is affordable, and has more benefits than your simple BCAA. The price is too low to not try it. It has high potential to be a staple in many peoples cabinets. Give it a shot.
     Pros:
     Cons:
    • Improves Recovery
    • Hydration
    • Excellent Value
    • Effective BCAA Dosage
    • Not The Best Tasting

Overall
    Thanks to Blackstone Labs for sending it out!
      June 8, 2017

My name is Clipper83, and I have joint issues. For the past 3 years, what seemed to be my grip strength giving out and being painful, slowly progressed to my wrists and elbows. My estrogen is naturally low(I've had tests done on this), which is a blessing and a curse. The downside being of course that my joints feel dry sometimes.

I def. noticed slight changes in how my joints feel, so any relief is welcome when it comes to lifting.

To start, turmeric with bioperine is a great anti-inflammatory combination. The curcuminoids in turmeric have been proven to being effective for a lot of things, inflammation included. The bioperine just keeps it in your system longer.

Along with the turmeric, you get some other known ingredients such as boswellia(similar to turmeric), cissus, UCII. Besides the cissus, which I've only tried once before when USPLabs released it, I've used these ingredients in the past. I've had success with all of these ingredients, some to a lesser extent.

2 pills with food once a day. Easy enough.

I got a noticeable amount of relief on this. While I believe that when your joints are hurting, it is time to back off a bit with the weight until everything goes back to normal, speeding up the process can be achieved as well.

Within 2 weeks(I'd say 10 days in), I had noticeable comfort in my elbows. These have been major problem areas for me this past year. My joints felt good enough to do skullcrushers once again, which was pretty cool.

While the relief was noticeable, it was not like taking ibuprofen by any means.

Besides the elbows which had noticeable relief, I didn't have much success in other areas(wrists, fingers). Even with backing off, I did not feel like I had any more or less pain there while lifting. Perhaps it is from something that can't simply be supplemented away.

A couple weeks after stopping this my elbows went back to aching, even on days I didn't lift, so I had some proof that Orthobolic was doing its part. Thought I'd throw that in.

You can get this for around $39. While this is not too much, I would suggest running straight turmeric or collagen before you go out and use a blend. If you buy a blend, and it works, that's great. However, if it's only one ingredient in there doing the work for you, you probably will save some money by just buying that ingredient by itself. Just my 2 cents.

Side Effects

Conclusion

Blackstone has a pretty solid product here. It did not work miracles, but it did provide me with some relief that I truly benefitted from. The price is slightly high, but if you're not wasting a lot of your supplement budget on crack filled pre-workouts like some of us do, you could probably afford this on a monthly basis.
     Pros:
     Cons:
    • Aches And Pains Ease
    • Joint Relief
    • Slightly Expensive

Thanks to Blackstone Labs for sending it out!
      June 5, 2017

I'm a big fan of greens drinks. Back when I worked at a supplement shop, I'd get to try a lot of them and always love the benefits to them. Just an overall feeling of health is the best way to put it. I eat healthy for the most part, yet sometimes, a little extra on the side can only do good.

Keeping your body in fine tune is worth the cost and effort, so it is nice to see a company like Blackstone, who has a reputation of making products that you can't really market as "health supplements", offer a product like this.

I've tried quite a few, so I do have some compar...

I've tried quite a few, so I do have some comparisons.

To start, it is a blend. For a product like this, I kind of have to complain a bit. There are a number of great products out there who have no blends at all(Green Vibrance for instance), and while I can understand prop. blends for several products like pre-workouts and fat burners, but for a greens product, just let me know exactly what I'm getting.

You get 7 grams carbs per scoop, with 2 of them being fiber. Nothing that would throw you off of your diet.

I kind of like how it's not just wheat grass or barley like some other products. You get some blueberry powder, broccoli powder, chorella, and pineapple powder along with some other extra goodies.

Honestly, I did not like the taste very much. The only time it would taste good would be when I blended it with MTS Blueberry Muffin whey or in a fruit smoothie. Alone I thought the bangin berries flavor was quite gross, would make my jaw clench in some instances. I personally prefer a greens taste to some fruity drink. That's just me though. Others have said they enjoyed the flavor, so if you're reading this, go with what the majority says, I'm a special case.

It mixes very well for a greens drink. Never had anything stick to the sides of my shaker cup.

One scoop a day, can't complain really.

Greens drinks typically give you benefits you can actually feel. The easiest way to tell if it is helping you, is to notice how well you digestive system is working. Are you regular? Do some foods make your stomach hurt? Do you smell bad? Natural energy without caffeine?

With Juiced Up, I had no issues with my digestive system in anyway. I seemed to digest certain foods better while on it. I had an overall sense of well-being as well. Easiest way to put it is that I felt less sluggish.

While I rarely get sick, I'm sure this helped my immune system somehow.

By no means are greens drinks a substitute for real food. While many companies claim they can be, it's still better to get your healthy stuff from healthy foods, if that makes sense. However, I still consider these types of products a staple, as you can really benefit from them. The extra anti-oxidants in your diet can only help you.

You can find this for around $35. For 30 servings, it is fairly priced. Much cheaper than a lot of other brands actually. Worth buying for sure, and could even be staple worthy, considering I've seen people spend much more on a simple one month supply from other brands.

Side Effects

Conclusion

Greens drinks are a staple for me. While I personally wouldn't buy Juiced Up as my first choice, I'd still say "give it a go" if someone asked me if they should add it.

Juiced Up may help keep you regular, improve digestion, and increase you immunity. While there is a huge market for a product in this category, most people would probably prefer Juiced Up for the flavor as opposed to wheat grass shots.

Go ahead and try it if you're in the market for some extra health.
     Pros:
     Cons:
    • Good Tatse
    • Improved Immune System
    • Well Being
    • Increased Blood Circulation

Overall
    Thanks to GDN Superstore for sending it out!
      May 22, 2017

I haven't been taking multi-vitamins like I used to recently. They used to be a staple in my supplement regimen, and now I only seem to run them when I remember to.

With being around the supplement industry for so long, it's easier for me to tell whether a MV is worth taking or not. For me, it typically depends on the forms of vitamins being used.

Others have given their opinions on it, I have my own. To start, 2 things that I don't like are the B-12 being cyanocobalamin, and that there is calcium carbonate in here. The cyano form of B-12 is inferior to the methyl form. I personally believe that calcium supplements should be avoided as much as possible. They have been shown to increase the risk of kidney stones and heart attacks, 2 things I would like to avoid in my lifetime.

Other than that, I don't see anything really bad in here. When supplements go crazy with their dosages, it just becomes overkill. I like the forms of magnesium they chose(citrate for instance), however, I wish there was more in here.

A basic dose of Vitamin D is good to see.

There is a small blend of antioxidants, but at 350mg and there being 6 different ingredients, it's not worth looking into in my opinion.

3 pills with food every day, nothing bad. Pills are not too big, at least for me.

The one issue here is the SMELL. These pills are by far the worst pills I have ever experienced. They smell like rotting mushrooms/cheese. I never burped it up, and for that, I am thankful.

Most people say it is hard to tell if a MV is working or not, and for the most part, I would agree with them. Unless you are deficient in a single vitamin, and the multi you were taking took care of that deficiency, you wouldn't be able to tell if it is completely benefitting you or not, especially if you eat healthy.

With that said, it is nice to have your bases covered. ADN does cover most of everything you need, and that is what most MVs are for.

The big difference between this and some other multis on the market, is that the others have some extra goodies with health benefits in them. You won't find any saw palmetto, no hawthorne berry extract... none of that. While this is fine, since you can get this all of those by themselves, there is nothing sexy about this product. While I did mention a blend of antioxidants(blueberry, green tea, etc.), they are in too small of doses to see much of a benefit from.

This is better than your basic Centrum, by a long shot, but it is not better than Animal Pak or Anavite . The forms of vitamins used are for the most part, better than your average brands, so I can actually expect my body to utilize the ingredients in here.

For $15, this is a decent deal. Although you only get 30 servings, you could take this every other day and be fine with your vitamin intake as it is.

Side Effects

Conclusion

This will never be my first recommendation. Honestly, I'll probably forget about this in the near future. However, I can't completely trash it. If you want a multi that has some decent forms of minerals, don't need B-12 in your diet, don't mind a horrible smell, or taking 3 pills a day, this is a "meh" product you can easily buy off of Groupon at an affordable price. However, if you want a multi with some actual benefits and a great profile, I'd look elsewhere, especially if you need some B-12 in your diet.
     Pros:
     Cons:
    • Some Decent Ingredients
    • Easy 3 Pills
    • Under-dosed Compared To Competitors
    • Introduces Nothing New
    • Smell Awful