Clipper83

• Fat Loss
  • Increase Focus
  • No Over Sweating
  • Extra Bathroom Breaks

I picked this up at the Olympia right before I left. With a lowered price and my curiosity, I had to pick up a tub of something. Since I knew I wanted to shed off a few pounds before the holidays, I went with Double Tap.

It's a pretty straight forward profile, extra points for the lack of proprietary blend.

To start, the first ingredient is Acetyl-L-Carnitine. you get one gram of it in here. I actually like this ingredient, not due to fat loss, but due to the focus benefits that come along with it. After that, comes choline. While not in its best form(bitartrate), I still like seeing it in here.

Of course, what good thermogenic product doesn't have caffeine in it? One scoop gives you 300mg, 150mg of fast-acting, and 150mg of time-released caffeine. That's a pretty good ratio if you ask me.

Green tea is in here as well, something that has many health benefits. I take green tea pills as it is, so this just made my daily supplement regimen easier. Teacrine is at 100mg, which is a solid dose.

Of course there is DMHA in here. After the recent controversy surround DMHA products, I plan on not taking products with that ingredient in them, however, I'm going to assume that the DMHA in here is legit. Then to round it out, you got Octopamine HCl. I've heard of some minor fat burning benefits and energy benefits as well, however, I haven't really seen any studies on it.

Lastly, you get dandelion, which has diuretic effects.

I originally had the Strawberry Mango flavor. Due to some issues with the tub, I was sent a tub of Orange Crush.

Orange Crush was a great flavor to wake up to each morning. Went down smooth and was not too sweet. Much better to start your day off with this than a glass of orange juice.

I drank this every morning and followed with cardio right after, at least 4 days a week.

I'll break this up.

Energy:(8.5/10)
I got a nice boost of energy out of Double Tap. Since I took it in the AM, it started me off right. I had a nice boost of focus of course, which I attribute to the DMHA. This was probably the highlight of Double Tap.

Thermo Effect:(5/10)
I didn't get too much of a thermo effect out of Double Tap. There was a basic rush of energy from the caffeine and dmha, however, I never really got hot or sweaty like I would on other products I've tried. A small dose of yohimbine would probably do the trick, however, that may ruin the product for some reason. On the plus side, I didn't have huge pit stains after I took this like I do while on other products.

Appetite Suppression:(8/10)
I'd say that this is always the most important part of any fat burner, at least to me. I had pretty good appetite suppression while on this. I typically fast until noon or 1pm. I had no issue with hunger while on this and had no trouble waiting until the afternoon to eat my first meal. Now that I'm off, I'm finding it hard to not eat breakfast, or anytime before noon for that matter.

Results:(8/10)
I was able to lose around 4lbs from my starting point. I think I got down to 183, which was a new low for me as I go through an extended cut.I started around 187-188 after a vacation to MA. I basically ate one big meal around lunch time, a protein bar around 3, and a greens drink+fiber+protein powder at night. I was able to stick to this diet around the week for the most part, and I slowly cut off fat. I'm sure some of it was water weight, especially with the dandelion in here. Still, losing fat while not counting macros and having no hunger issues? Works for me!

You can get this for $32 on illpumpyouup. You get 40 servings in this tub, and you could easily split one dose into 2, or if you really need to, take a 1.5 servings a day. So it is at a very reasonable price point, cheaper than most fat burning products out there actually. Only way I could see them bettering this would be by adding some thermogenic ingredients, but I'd still have no issue running this on another cut/recomp.

Side Effects

Extra bathroom trips due to dandelion.

Conclusion

For my first RedCon1 product, I must say, I'm pretty impressed. While I'm used to thermo products that make me sweat like crazy, I saw the benefit of not having that and instead, simply suppressing my appetite long enough for me to get through my fasting periods, and keeping me focused along the way.

If you're going on a cut, and want a drinkable fat burner, this may be for you. The taste is good, the value is good, the energy is long lasting, and you're pretty much guaranteed to shed off a bit of water weight. Give it a consideration, it'll help you keep your diet on track.

Thanks to Dymatize Nutrition for sending it out!
  November 13, 2017

Cons:
  • Taste
  • Low Cals And Carbs
  • Good Quality
  • Lactose Free
  • Mixes Well
  • 0 Carbs And Fat
  • Great Product
  • Little Pricey

I started my last Dymatize review by stating that I had not used many of their products in the past. Well, now I'm kind of a repeat customer. I've now gone through a couple of tubs of Iso-100, and still have another 2 sitting here.

At this point, I'm basically just throwing my 2 cents in, as Iso-100 has been reviewed quite a bit lately. However, I do owe them a review, so here it goes.

It is a blend of hydrolyzed and isolate protein. Both of these are the most bioavailable forms of protein you can get, and also extremely fast-digesting. While some argue that this may be overrated, especially since whey concentrate provides the same results as long as macros are met, there are other benefits to having an isolate protein.

Some that comes to mind are the lower amount of lactose, the lack of bloating, the better mixability... the list goes on.

You get no fat, less than one gram of sugar, and 25 grams of protein per scoop. That is pretty much as low as you are going to get when it comes to protein.

I've tried several flavors or Iso-100. They all taste pretty good. So far, chocolate coconut has been my favorite, with peanut butter being my least favorite(yet still good). Birthday cake was enjoyable as well.

Check out my flavor ratings below.

It mixes perfectly. If you mix enough water in there, is does not thicken it up whatsoever. Never had one clump.

Well, this is a simple protein powder. However, due to it being an isolate, you can figure that any side effects that some people typically get from whey are going to be non-existent. I had no bloating whatsoever.

I won't really comment on recovery. I did take this post-workout from time to time, but I am not a huge "post-workout" protein shake guy. I was really taking this due to the lack of fat and sugar. Unlike Elite Xt, Iso-100 truly shines as it is optimal for anyone who is cutting. The lack of fat and low sugar is great.

I looked forward to drinking it, which is something I actually consider because it just makes getting enough protein in more enjoyable.

You can find this for around $50. For 44 servings, it is a little more expensive than a basic whey concentrate or whey/iso blend, however, it is by no means too expensive. You are getting a very clean and easy digestible protein powder, without sacrificing taste.

Worth at least picking up a small tub to try... AT LEAST

Side Effects

Conclusion

Well, this is simple. Iso-100 is a great option for people who want a higher-quality protein powder. There are plenty of flavors to choose from, and your stomach will more than likely have no issues with it. The priced is slightly higher than other whey protein powders, but I feel is still worth the price.

It's pretty much a staple in my cabinet at this point. Can't say it isn't after acquiring 4 tubs of it. Quality is what you're getting here.

6.2
Thanks to Muscle1, Inc. for sending it out!
  November 12, 2017

Pros:
 Cons:
  • Dry Gains
  • Sheds Fat
  • Increased Strength
  • Possible Dry Joints

I've been a big fan of Arimistane for years now. In fact, one of the first stacks I made for myself included the old Erase from PES, which was just Arimistane. I have used it on multiple occasions throughout the years, and always enjoy using it. I see less of it now, which is kind of sad.

I ran this as a PCT for Muscle1's product Strength1. While I ran Strength1 at a low dose and probably didn't need a PCT, I still took the precaution.

You get 25mg of Arimistane per capsule. This is a common dose for arimistane products. Also, you get some grapefruit extract and black pepper extract as well, which aid in absorption. Pretty simple profile, but as am OTC PCT, it works.

Look up Arimitane on your own, or check out the other reviews, as it has been covered quite a bit. It has a track record of lowering estrogen, yet giving the user potential side effects like lower libido(or the opposite), and of course, the dreaded achy/dry joints.

They recommend 2-4 capsules a day. I started with 3, but went down to 2(50mg total). I have naturally low estrogen, so I typically keep my anti-estrogen products low, as too little could be an issue as well.

Capsules have no flavor obviously, but they did not smell as bad as their "Strength-1" capsules.

I used this as PCT for my run with Strength-1. I found it work work exactly how I expected it to. I started with 3 caps, but quickly noticed how achy my joints were feeling. It wasn't horrible, just something I'd rather avoid. I brought it back down to 2 pills a day, which worked out well for me. I came off of my cycle with no issue, even though I probably did not need a PCT with the low dose PH cycle I ran.

I noticed a slight hardening/leaning effect, which is typical of an Arimistane product. Mostly in my shoulders. Along with this, I did not lose any strength on after my PH run. I ran that at a low dose, and this as well. The slower you move up, the less likely you are to lose any progress. This certainly helped me not lose strength.

You could honestly run this as a standalone, as I feel that most naturals would probably benefit more from lowering their estrogen than trying to up their testosterone with natural ingredients. Even as a slight "hardening" agent, this product does a good job on its own.

All in all, it's effective. Nothing more, nothing less.

Muscle1 currently has this product at $79.99. They have said that they plan on lowering the price at some point in the future, however, they have not been able to give me a timeline on that. Therefore, I'm going by the $80 they posted. There are plenty of other Arimistane products out there that are cheaper. There is a 30% off coupon, which would make my yellow thumb go green.

If you get that coupon code, it's not bad, at $80, I'd check out some other options first.

Side Effects

Dry joints at 3 pills, nothing else really.

Conclusion

While expensive, if you want a PCT for your DHEA based PHs, this may be a good product to add to your stack. While it may not be a complete PCT on its own, simply adding some DAA would give you a decent PCT stack. Also, sometimes, a simple anti-E may be all you need for PCT.

Expect some extra "hardening", like I did in my shoulder area, and like others have said, it would be a nice addition to a cut.

I'd have no issue running this as a standalone, I'd even recommend it over using it as a PCT in some cases. However, there are so many comparable/cheaper products out there, that this just can't be my first choice.

The product does its job for sure, however, at $80, there are other options I'd check out first.

November 4, 2017

Pros:
 Cons:
  • Tasty
  • Little Pricey

I recently went to the 2017 Olympia, and of course, all of the cool kinds were at the Ghost booth. I myself decided to stop by, and sample some of their sour black cherry legend. While there, I noticed that they were running a sale on all of their products. With it being a good sale, I decided to pick up a few things. Along with a tub of Amino and 2 tubs of Size, I decided to pick up a tub of their Whey.

Ghost is known for having some very interesting flavors on their products. Ranging from Warheads Watermelon, to Cereal Milk. They only had 2 options there, one was Peanut Butter Cereal Milk, and the other was the Blueberry Toaster Pastry. With pop tarts in mind, I grabbed the blueberry one and went on my way.

I had a pretty good experience with that tub, which prompted to to buy another tub of their Cereal Milk whey.

It's a blend of concentrate, isolate, and hydrolyzed whey as well. Pretty basic for most protein powders out there. I do like how they label the amount of each one, with 14.53g being from Isolate, 13.16g from Concentrate, and 2.98g coming from Hydro. With the first source being Isolate, it's good to know that they didn't just sprinkle from Isolate in there just to market it as an Isolate.

Each scoop with give you the following macros(from the blueberry toaster flavor)

140cal
2f
5c(3sugar)
25p

While not as high as Dymatize Elite Xt, it is still a bit higher in carbs than many other protein powders. Not saying this is a bad thing, as you would have some serious mental problems if 5 carbs in your protein powder would throw you off for the day. Still, it may not be the ideal protein for people who are cutting, with products like Iso-100 being out there for instance.

Blueberry Toaster Pastry- when I first tried it I was a bit disappointed. I had it in water the same day I bought it at my hotel. I remember thinking that it was a huge disappointment. I stayed away from it for a couple of weeks, but then decided to try it with almond milk. This changed my thoughts completely. When mixed with almond milk, it is absolutely delicious. It has some pretty big chunks of toaster pastry in there, and I myself was pretty surprised by how big they were when I first drank this. They are crunchy and pretty good for sure, however, they do get mushy the longer you wait, so I'd recommend drinking it quickly after you mix it all up.

Cereal Milk- the best way I could describe the flavor would be that it has a similar flavor to Captain Crunch. Pretty good and def. something new and original. I almost want to say it tasted better in water than almond milk. This is the flavor that I've seen mixed reviews on. You either like it, or hate it. I haven't seen too many people in-between. I happen to like it!

Of course I have to mention that it is difficult to gauge the effectiveness out of a protein powder. I did not get any gastro issues from ghost whey, which is always a plus.

This is a protein powder that I would probably use if I wasn't cutting. As my carbs in a cutting phase are usually precious, depending how far along I am. I could still fit those extra calories in if I needed to. With how good it tastes, it could destroy some sugar cravings.

Again though, this product can mostly be rated on its flavor and on how your stomach responds to whey. Another thing I'd like to mention, is that I'd actually look forward to this every night I drank it. I typically drank 2 scoops of this before bed, and had no problem saying no to whatever was cooked at home. Counts for something as far as effectiveness goes.

Since Ghost is a GNC exclusive brand, of course the price is going to be a bit higher than most. While not outrageous, you can usually find a tub for $39.99. Of course, they often have sales for 20% off on their website, so $32 for 26 servings. This is by no means the cheapest on the market. However, it is still not horrible by any means, and I have seen some companies with basic whey sell much higher. Still, you do get a hint that you are paying for the cool tub and great flavor. I'll pay extra for flavor... for a cool looking tub, no.

Side Effects

Conclusion

I've said this before, but Ghost is the cool kids brand. All of the cool labeling, innovative flavors, and great flavoring... Ghost has pretty much made its mark on the industry. Ghost whey is an example of this.

Ghost whey is a great option if you have extra money to spend on protein powder. While I'd usually advise going with something slightly cheaper, this is still worth picking up from time to time, and I wouldn't mind spending the extra money for the great taste. My green thumb means "yes, give it a shot", but don't forget that there are cheaper options out there.

October 24, 2017

Pros:
 Cons:
  • Decent Value
  • Lots Of Flavors
  • Unneccesary Ingredients
  • Increased Focus

I'm not a huge gamer anymore. I used to play a lot of Halo back in high school, and some COD with Petey back in the day, but never would I have thought that there would be supplements geared towards gamers. The gaming industry is HUGE, with competitive gaming growing, of course those kids are going to be looking for ways to increase their performance/mental focus. I personally don't like the idea of people taking a bunch of stimulants while usually living an unhealthy lifestyle(sitting for hours on end, soda, doritos), but I take a massive amount of stimulants myself, so I can't judge too hard.

I picked this up on 2 separate occasions. Once with a deal at a supplement store near me, and another online BOGO free deal. This allowed me to try several flavors.

Well, it is Insane Labz, so a proprietary blend is pretty much a given.

The 1.9 gram blend consists of:
DiCaffeine Malate(25mg)
OxyGold(Fulvic Acid)
AMPiberry
Endurlac

Not sure how beta-alanine is going to enhance focus for a gamer, but I like most of the other ingredients. Caffeine is a given. With 150mg total, and 50mg of those being time-released, I do like the amount. For a product geared towards people who typically don't stay active, it's not much more than a basic monster energy drink.

AMPiberry is something that Insane Labz uses often. It is supposed to help with the effectiveness of caffeine. After using it several times, I'd say it actually has some merit to it.

Not huge on fulvic acid and endurlac. I would comment more, but we have no idea how much are in here, so elaborating on it isn't worth my time.

I'd say it is a good profile for a midday pick-me-up, which is how I ended up using it. Maybe a pre-workout for people who are just looking for an energy boost that isn't just 300mg of caffeine.

I've tried 3 flavors.

Gummy Worm(7.8/10)- your typical candy flavored product. They have been popping up these days, along with rocket pop flavors. They are good for the first few times you try them, but get old quick. They make a good attempt to make it taste like sour gummy worms, and I'd say it does taste good. Again though, it gets old fast.

Clown Blood(9/10)- This one was my favorite. It is not overpowering at all. I can't really compare it to anything, but if I ever buy Insane Focus again, it would be in this flavor. Can't describe the flavor, but it has the perfect sweetness to it. Only one I actually looked forward to drinking, and it did not get old.

Plasma Blast(6/10)- I should copy and paste my 1MR Vortex review. It is literally the EXACT same flavor as Blueberry Lemon Ice from BPI's 1MR Vortex. At first, I'd say it tasted good, but the flavor got so old so fast, I never even wanted to take it. You may be better off buying 1MR Vortex and trying that flavor before you go out and purchase Insane Focus GG.

One scoop is one serving. While they do not recommend it, I'm pretty sure many of us stim-junkies can handle 2 scoops of this. At one scoop 150mg isn't a whole lot, but for the average person who may be used to a Monster, this will give them a bit more caffeine than that. It mixes well, no complaints.

I typically took this around noon. I always have an energy drink or so at noon, and Insane Focus basically took over Bang or Monster. I used it several times as a pre-workout, but nothing I could write a review on.

Energy:(7.5/10)
The energy was not crazy. I wasn't expecting it to be either. I got more energy than a Monster, and the energy lasted much longer. It was by no means bad, but of course, it did not blow me away. Energy was clean for sure, no anxiety or anything like that.

Focus/Mood:(8/10)
I noticed a nice boost in my productivity at work. I didn't feel like I was on crack or DMHA, but there was still a nice boost in my step. Got things done! Pretty much where this product shines.

I can't really comment on gaming, as I do not "game" too often. I did recently purchase a Super Nintendo Classic Edition, so maybe I'll try to beat a tough game on there while on this.

As a pre-workout, it may be a nice product to stack with a pump product, especially if you like low-stim products, but I'd say this is more suited for an alternative to your energy drinks.

Typically Insane Labz is known for being pricy. However, this is only when you look at their prices online. If you go to a small retail store(not GNC or VS), you can find them cheaper. So for around $30 or slightly less, this is actually cheaper than buying 2 cans of Bang at 2 for $4(you get 30 servings per tub).

It's actually not that bad when you consider that many people have no problem spending $2-$3 per day on coffee or energy drinks. For under $1 per day, you can get the same if not better energy out of Insane Focus.

Side Effects

Conclusion

Well, I can at best give this a "maybe". By maybe, I mean that Insane Focus GG may be worth picking up if you can get it around $29-$30 and keep it around as an alternative to an energy drink or coffee. You sometimes find this as a BOGO free product, might be worth it then as well. Just keep your eyes out.

I wouldn't use it as a pre-workout, but could see some people doing it. If you are a gamer... I suggest going out and lifting after taking this instead of gaming, at least on some days to stay healthy while overloading yourself with stimulants. While I personally like Bang, I saved money by using this for a while.

There are plenty of flavors to choose from, so there is something for everybody.

GG No Re(for you gamers out there)

October 19, 2017

• Nice Texture
  • Betaine
  • Cool Beads
  • Long-lasting Energy
  • Can Be Expensive
  • Needs More Liquid Per Can

I recently took a trip to the Olympia. Performix was one of those companies that had a huge booth and had long lines, which made sense since they were giving away free shirts. Along with these free shirts, they were handing out samples of their SST Energy Drinks. To start this review, I have to note that it comes in a really cool looking can. The body is plastic and the bottom rounds out like a water bottle, but the top is aluminum like a typical energy drink can. Not that that matters too much, but having a dent-resistant can-shaped product was cool.

Performix is a G...

Performix is a GNC exclusive brand, which typically translates to mediocre proprietary blends, good flavors, and maybe some gimmicky sales pitches. Performix is big on their Terra Beads, which are basically just beads that make their products time-released.

Of course, they are in their energy drink as well. This is my second time(I think) reviewing an RTD product. After trying one at the Olympia, I went out and bought a 12 pack to test it out for myself. While I did spend a pretty penny, it was worth it in the end.

Well, you get a 2175 mg blend. The first ingredient is Betaine Anhydrous. This was very interesting to see. Typically, you see some things sprinkled in an energy drink like taurine and some b-vitamins. Well, Performix used Betaine... Another thing to note is that the Betaine may be decently dosed. It is the first ingredient in the blend, with the second one being caffeine at 275mg, we can assume that there is more than a gram in there, or at least I'd hope so.

After that you get some ingredients that looked sprinkled in like Ashwaganda, GABA, Theanine, Guarana, and Choline. Again though, there is no way of telling how much of each is in here as the only thing that's given is the caffeine.

It's a better profile than many of energy drinks for sure. Not necessarily some RTD pre-workouts, like C4s RTD for example, but still not terrible.

I had the original flavor, and I really enjoyed it. Kind of like "what is the flavor of a green monster?", it has it's own unique flavor. After sour heads and purple guava pear from Bang, I'd say it is my 3rd favorite flavored energy drink. The color is yellow, so I guess it tastes like yellow.

I also tried the berry blast flavor and unlike many other companies, it tastes a lot like those blue dum-dum lollipops. Closer to that than any other blue-razz product I have ever tried. Not as good as the original in my opinion.

What really got me enjoying this was the slight thickness to the liquid. It is just slightly thicker than water, and has little beads in there. The beads of course are Performix's little gimmick for "longer-lasting energy". For some reason, I liked chewing on them if they got caught in my mouth somehow.

One can is one serving, better than a typical Monster energy drink which has "2 servings" per can... who drinks only half of a Monster energy drink?

One thing I wish they would do is add more liquid. The cans are not your typical 16oz, they are 11.4oz. Once you finish, you kind of want to sip on it a bit more.

For the most part, I used this as a pick-me-up during the day. I basically got a little bit less energy than I would from a Bang, but the energy would last longer. That terra-bead technology must actually work somewhat. I used it once as a pre-workout, and it works better for that than a Bang in my opinion. Although I wish there was more liquid in these things, the smaller amount of liquid made it easier to drink before hitting the gym as I wouldn't get that bloat that heavily carbonated drinks give me, so it's a trade-off.

I wouldn't really say I got a boost in focus, but after using DMHA, it is hard for any product with some simple choline to impress me. I'm sure alertness was higher, as caffeine does that anyway to some degree.

As a pick-me-up, it was really enjoyable and different. With the slightly thick texture and beads, it actually made it enjoyable to drink. While it may not be for the stim-junkies out there, it is still twice as strong as a Monster energy drink, and lasts much longer.

I can't expect too much from it. Asking for it to be a staple pre-workout for instance would be costly, and there aren't many energy drinks that I know of that have clinical doses of beta-alanine, betaine, creatine, etc. RTDs are always expensive.

Adding this to a pump product would probably be your best bet. This drink and some agmatine pills, or citrulline powder sounds like a decent combo.

This is where the GNC part takes over. These are not cheap. While I'm sure there are sales on them at GNC from time to time, I was only able to find this for $48 on GNC's website. This is the only place you can find them as they are a GNC exclusive brand. $4 a can is a lot if you ask me, especially when Bang can be found for $2 a can and sometimes even cheaper.

It is certainly a bit too much for most people to afford, but if you have the extra money, or simply want to switch up your energy drink, go to GNC and pick one up. If I could get a case BOGO 50%, I may buy it.

Side Effects

Conclusion

With my green thumb, I don't want you to go out and buy a case of these like I did. I won't be doing that myself unless they have a great sale or the price comes down. However, if you want to switch it up with your energy drinks, or want something as a pre-workout when you don't have any on you, I'd say pick one up.

The taste is good and unique, the energy is solid, and who knows, perhaps there is enough betaine in there to boost your performance. Next time you want a boost in energy and aren't in the mood for coffee, give this a chance. Not all GNC exclusive brands/products are bad!

Thanks to Dymatize Nutrition for sending it out!
  October 17, 2017

Pros:
 Cons:
  • Taste Good
  • Efficient Protein Blend
  • Gritty
  • Protein Quantity Per Serving Could Be A Bit HIgher
  • Too Much Sugar

I know I once mentioned that I had only tried one Dymatize product a long time ago in one of my other reviews. Well, Elite Xt happened to be that product. I bought Elite Xt several years ago, in the same flavor that I used for this run.

Thank you Dymatize for letting the TROOPs try out your products.

Thank you Dymatize for letting the TROOPs try out your products.

Elite Xt is a blend of multiple sources of protein. While I typically think a simple blend of whey and casein is good enough, I'm not against what they did here. I like how they got rid of soy in their new version as well. WPC, Isolate, Egg, Casein... nothing bad here.

The biggest issue I will have, and some others, is the high amount of carbs in here. With 8 carbs per serving and 21 grams of protein, it is not your best option for cutting, if you plan on using it for that. Also, 4 of those carbs are sugar. If there was some fiber in here I'd call it a good meal replacement. That is not the case however.

I had the chocolate flavor and it reminded me of chocolate pudding. With the extra carbs in Elite Xt, it better taste good. It did not disappoint me to say the least. I'd give it an 8.8/10

Elite Xt is thicker than most other proteins, which I actually enjoy. Seems to be more filling. I rarely got clumps, and when I did, I enjoyed them for some strange reason. Some have mentioned that they had to use a blender to mix it properly, I did not have that issue.

There is some graininess to it for sure, which others have mentioned. I personally did not mind it too much, and did not have any "leftovers" at the bottom of my shaker cup.

Obviously, like with any protein powder review, it must be noted that it is hard to gauge the effectiveness out of a simple protein powder. You aren't going to notice anything big in terms of results, but there are other ways of judging a protein powder.

Elite Xt did not give me any bloating/cramping issues at all. Elite Xt pretty much just made it easier for me to get more protein throughout the day, like many other protein powders do. It also made for a great snack, as it tastes like chocolate pudding... I LOVE chocolate pudding.

I will not comment on recovery, as I feel recovery is based on many factors and not just the protein powder you take. However, since it is convenient, it makes getting enough protein to recovery properly much easier.

The one reason I marked this as an 8.0 and not a 9.0 is because the high amount of carbs. If they marketed this as a meal replacement and added some fiber to it, it would be great, but since it is just marketed as a protein blend, I had to take a few points off.

I would not recommend this during a cut for most people, as the extra carbs in here could really add up throughout the day. Although it would be great with a banana as a simple meal replacement.

You can get this for around $30 for 52 servings. That is a pretty awesome value. I would love to give this a higher rating, but again, with those extra carbs/sugar, you are not exactly getting a "clean" product. Still worth looking into if you are on a budget. Makes for a great "back-up" protein when you're out of your expensive Isolate.

Side Effects

Conclusion

Elite Xt might not be everyone's cup of tea, but for me, I'd have no problem picking it up. The price is low, the taste is good, and it fits almost any situation.

I'd recommend this as a "back-up' protein. I have always kept a tub or bag of a cheaper protein in the back of my pantry for when times get tough and I can't afford a good protein powder. Elite Xt is perfect for this, as you can use it for almost any situation.

Not the first protein powder on my list, but worth of trying for sure.

Thanks to Muscle1, Inc. for sending it out!
  October 4, 2017

• Increase Strength
  • Bad Smell
  • A Little Pricey
  • Expensive Especially At Higher Dosages

For the most part, I'm not a huge fan of prohormones. I wasn't a big fan of them when they were actually dangerous(Superdrol for example), and I'm not a huge believer in the ones that are on the market these days. They do however, result in some noticeable gains.

One capsules give you 110mg of 1-andro. Some have complained that this is not enough, I personally found this to be not that bad actually. For reasons I'll get to in the effectiveness portion.

Strength-1 will not convert to estrogen, which is something I prefer. I have naturally low estrogen, and for whatever reason, I go out of my way to avoid raising it in anyway.

You also get the "Elite Peak Intake Complex"(EPIC), which has grapefruit extract and black pepper extract to aid in absorption.

Just pills, which you can take 1-3 times a day with food. I took 2 pills a day, with food.

While I can't really say that there is a taste, there is def. a nasty smell to these. Almost like rotting parmesan cheese. It was pretty awful.

I dosed this at 2 pills a day. I wanted to see how my body would react to a lower dose over an extended period of time vs just blasting myself with a high amount of it for 20 days. I had some pretty good results overall.

First thing I noticed was that my weight was staying the same, or even dropping, even though I was eating more, at the same time my strength was increasing slowly. I was only doing 15 minutes of LISS cardio after workouts, not enough for weight loss, at least in my case. I did notice more definition around my shoulders... I guess you could say they looked "harder" or more dense. Overall, I'd say I made slow but steady progress in both fat loss and strength, which would be hard to do without the help of a prohormone.

Can't really comment on libido, as I didn't really notice much a difference there. Not a bad thing at the end of the day.

I was not blown away by my results, but I'd say they are somewhere above a t-booster, and slightly below a run of Ostarine. Not bad at all, but I've had better.

I do wonder how much better this run could have been had I run this at 3 pills instead of 2. I feel like your body is not going to make huge changes in the span of 3 weeks on almost anything. I'd like to go through 2 bottles of this some other time, at a higher dose.

I'm currently on PCT, and have not lost any strength. Since you move up slower than you would on an old school prohormone(the dangerous ones), you are more likely to keep any strength you accumulated.

As for PCT, I am simply on 50mg of Arimistane. Perhaps at 3 pills a day, it might be worth it to keep a SERM on hand, but with the 2 pills I took a day, you probably don't need to worry about it. Just my opinion, better safe than sorry.

This is where most people are having issues with this. So far, on their website, you can get a bottle of this for $90. That seems really high right off the bat. They do offer a deal for BOGO 50% off. That helps a bit, however, it is still a big investment. They have mentioned that their prices will drop soon, so be on the lookout for that.

As of now, I wouldn't blame anyone for skipping on this until the price came down a bit.

Side Effects

I tended to get frustrated easier...expected. Also, perhaps a slight increase in acne, nothing major though.

Conclusion

I'd recommend Strength-1 to anyone who is a beginner to todays prohormones. While the price seems high for now, you could get the BOGO 50% and run it a reasonable price, or wait until they drop their prices.

You won't experience many side effects, if any at all, and you should be able to make some small yet noticeable jumps in the gym. If you want to slowly increase your gains, and be able to keep them, Strength-1 might be for you. Make sure you research proper PCT though!

Overall
Thanks to Magnum Nutraceuticals for sending it out!
  October 1, 2017

Pros:
 Cons:
  • Easy To Swallow
  • Once A Day
  • Transparent Label
  • Underdosed Ingredients

Fun fact, one of the first supplements I bought was CLA from Magnum several years ago. I believe it was called Acid or something. Times have changed since then, and I am much more knowledgeable. Magnum has always been one of those well known companies that I seemed to skip when I was shopping online.

There are quite a few ingredients in here, so I'll quickly mark each blend they have and what its supposed to do.

They have a focus blend which has a small amount of Huperzine, tyrosine, and vinpocetine. I'm a fan of all of those ingredients...

You get one fish oil pill, which is good. I would like to see more omega content, but that would certainly drive the price up.

As for the actually MV blend. More vitamin D would be nice too see, as well as methylcobalamin as a B12 form. Other than that it looks alright.

I could really do without the amino pill. Honestly, a pill full of aminos is fine, but when I see that there is cinnamon in there, I'd rather get a full dose of cinnamon instead of small doses of everything else. Creatine, betaine, and CLA all in such small amounts is not something I'm going to be able to appreciate. The "Amino Prime Anabolic+Metabolic Activating Compound" blend is something I would like to see taken out, and replaced with either something good for blood sugar, or nothing at all to be honest.

Now for the mineral part. I have to give Magnum some credit for using Magnesium Chelate. This is actually a pretty good form of magnesium. Bioavailability is pretty high. Calcium carbonate on the other hand is not good. I am not a fan of calcium supplements as it is, as there are some studies showing that they can have some bad long-term effects, and that it's carbonate makes it worse. Carbonate is one of the worse forms calcium as far as bioavailability goes. Zinc is at a good dose, as well as chromium.

I really like the enzyme blend. Anything to help with digestion is a positive in my book. Maybe some added probiotics, but that's all I could think of.

Overall, it is not the worst profile I have ever seen, but there is plenty of room for improvement.

One serving is a bunch of pills. 8 pills to be exact. I personally have no problem swallowing pills, so it was no inconvenience to me, but I could see some people dreading taking that many pills.

No taste at all and I never had a pill burp.

MVs are one of those products that you don't always "feel" working. Sometimes you have to go by what the science says.

I did not notice increased energy, but that is normal for me with MVs. All I can really go with here are lisiting out some of the things that I can say were positive in my day-to-day routine.

I never got sick. I rarely do, but it's good that I did not while on Primer.

I think the most effective part of this product is the fact that it's a pack of multiple products at once. Someone who is forgetful could really benefit from keeping a few packs of these in their car. Keeping these at work and some at home was great, as transporting pills can be a hassle.

For the most part, you have to judge these kinds of products by the profile and price.

$45 for 30 servings seems like a lot, however, it isn't as bad as it looks. You are getting multiple products in here. Fish oil, MV, nootropics, enzymes, aminos. Only issue I have is that some of the blends are underdosed.

Not the worst I've seen, but I personally would not go for this. I feel I'd be able to get all that Primer has to offer and save some money as well.

Side Effects

Neon yellow urine... B-vitamins. Nothing to be worried about.

Conclusion

Magnum is a well known brand, and has quite a few solid products. Primer, while not perfect, may be good for some people. People who maybe forgetful when it comes to taking pills, or people who simply like convenience. I'll admit, having packs is something more companies should start doing.

I will stick to buying my products separately. The price just isn't good for a one months supply of underdosed ingredients.

Overall
Thanks to TBN Labs for sending it out!
  September 25, 2017

Pros:
 Cons:
  • Increase In Focus
  • Increase In Productivity
  • Bitter Taste

DMHA is the new stimulant on the market. While most agree that it is not as good as DMAA, it still has some notable effects. This is the first straight DMHA powder I have seen, which is what got me interested in this product in the first place.

It was nice to see how this new ingredient that is taking the market by storm works on its own, without caffeine or any other nootropics.

One scoop gives you 200mg of DMHA. I feel like 200mg. Not much to talk about here except for what DMHA is.

DMHA has limited info on it, which is why I advise...

DMHA has limited info on it, which is why I advise some people to do more research on it before they go out any try it. Most would say it is the new DMAA, I'll get to that in my "Effectiveness" section.

Claims on DMHA are the following(from the TBN website):

Longer Endurance
IncreasedPhysical Performance
Sharpened Focus
Quickened Alertness
Insane Energy & Drive

I typically added this to Shred Complex from Famed Labz. It seem to give it a bitter/chemical flavor. Fairly easy to mask.

It mixes well, maybe slight sediment at the bottom of my glass, but nothing bad at all.

One scoop is 200mg, I typically took one half of a scoop and took 1-2 doses during the day. Easy dosing for sure, would probably be better in a capsule form however.

This was pretty fun to add to any of my caffeinated drinks. It does provide a nice boost and some mental clarity. If I noticed anything out of DMHA, I noticed the focus and mental clarity. Work was much easier to stay on top of, along with school whenever I added this to my day. If I added some to a pre-workout, there was a noticeable boost along with great mind-muscle connection.

I must note as well, I did not use this solely as a pre-workout, while I certainly did give it a few tries, I utilized it more as a "caffeine enhancer". I guess I was more interested in the nootropic effects. It was quite beneficial in this regard.

Now for the DMAA comparison...

I'd say the mental clarity aspect of it almost makes it better than DMAA. While I admit I enjoyed DMAA back in the day, all it really did was give me that "REPS FOR JESUS" type of energy, where I'd just take go in and move weight instead of actually focus on the exercises themselves. While on DMHA, I felt more of a need to focus on what my muscles were doing. Also, I never thought to take DMAA as a focus pill, I just saw it more as a way to give you that euphoria to make you feel good on either a cut or during a workout. Well, DMHA may not give you as much of a euphoric feeling, but it give you a nice boost with a slight feel-good feeling.

You can get a tub of this for $45 off of the TBN website. While at first glance it may seem like a lot for a single ingredient product, remember that this tub can last you a VERY long time.

I feel as if most will only need 100mg(half a serving) and if you take it as an "as needed" product, I would argue that one tub could last you well over a year. I felt as if 100mg was plenty for me, which is why the tub lasted me so long.

Side Effects

None that I noticed.

Conclusion

1,5D Bomb is a great way to enhance your day, enhance you pre-workout, enhance your energy drink, the list goes on...

While the price seems high at first, the tub could last you a very long time, and I wouldn't mind buying this to keep it sitting around my house in times where I just want the taste of a Monster energy drink, yet want a little more than just a caffeine fix to get me through the day.