Clipper83

SR TROOPer

• Member has been active for 6 years, and was last online today
  • Social media account not linked

TROPHY CASE

Reviews by Clipper83

Thanks to Alpha Lion for sending it out!
  September 23, 2017

Pros:
 Cons:
  • Deep Sleep
  • Feeling Refreshed
  • Increase Recovery
  • Reductions Of DOMS
  • Vivid Dreams
  • Could Be Habbit Forming
  • Little Pricey
  • Some Hangover

With my schedule being busy these days, I will pretty much do anything to make sure the sleep I get is quality sleep. When this popped up on the front page of SR, I had to jump on it.

Alpha Lion is a pretty small company from the looks of it, with just 2 products that I am aware of. Sometimes, it is fun to try products from newer companies. Either way, big thanks to Alpha Lion for sending this out!

To start, there is a nice dose of Leucine and Lysine. I'm not a huge believer in glutamine, however. After that you get a blend of L-Dopa, 5-HTP, GABA, and Tyrosine.

Of course they included ZMA in here, which is the norm most sleep aids.

I do like the inclusion of Ashwaganda, however I wish there was more of it.

To top it off, there is tranquility portion to this, which includes chamomile and melatonin(4mgs)

I'm personally not a fan of melatonin that is dosed over 1-2mgs, but 4mg is not the worst I've seen. The doses of everything are fully disclosed, which is + for Alpha Lion. Momo1's review has the full profile posted, so check that out if you're interested.

Taste was the worst aspect of Alpha Dreams. I can't describe the flavor very well, but I will say it was never enjoyable to drink. Best way I could describe it is "awkward". Sometimes I even plugged my nose and just shot it back as quickly as I could.

It mixes fairly well. It does have Leucine in it, so some foam is expected. I'd advise using a shaker cup, as mixing with a spoon never turned out very well for me.

I'll break this up into categories.

Getting to sleep:(6/10)

This was not the products strong point. I had plenty of nights where I would stay up late hours after consuming this. I don't have insomnia or anything, I have just used other sleep aids that actually make me pass out quickly and easily. This is probably the biggest effect I look for in any sleep aid.

Staying asleep:(9/10)

I had plenty of nights where I would only wake up maybe once to go outside and "water the plants", or simply sleep through the night. I usually don't have a problem with this, but I thought I would note it. There was def. a "deep sleep" feeling, where I'd wake up and say something like "boy I slept good last night", or something along those lines.

I had some crazy dreams while on this as well, to the point where I'd be too embarrassed to tell my girlfriend about them the morning after.

Recovery/Mornings:(8.5/10)

I wouldn't say I woke up feeling amazing after every night I took this, however, I rarely had a sleep hangover. A full scoop would typically make me feel drowsy for a bit in the morning, but at 3/4th or 1/2 scoops, I'd wake up with little issue. There was a fine line for sure. My DOMS were reduced while on this, I'm sure some of the other products I was taking helped, but this certainly did its part.

One tub will run you $60, which is quite high if you're using one full serving at night. If you run it at 1/2 servings like I did(most nights), the price seem a lot better. You have to take into account that you are getting some other ingredients that help with recovery and not just a "sleep aid".

Side Effects

Occasional sleep hangover at a full scoop. Nothing bad however.

Conclusion

Alpha Dreams is a good sleep aid. While there are so many products out there, and the upfront price, I wouldn't say this is a staple. However, it is worth a try if you're in the market for a sleep aid. Bad taste aside, of course.

Give it a shot if you want a recovery product as well and a fully disclosed sleep aid.

September 7, 2017

• Not Really A Fat Burner

I've said this in other reviews, and I really mean it, but I do not watch too much of youtube fitness. However, one channel that I have watched on and off over the past 6 years or so is Barthel Fitness. He's grown quite well over the past few years, and has his own supplement/apparel company.

I like supporting smaller companies, which is why I decided to pick up some of his products this past year.

Now, this is not what I would call a thermogenic really. It is more of an energy supplement. I think even the owner has said on video before that it is more of an energy product these days.

A simple blend of 3 forms of caffeine, NooPept, TeaCrine, and Hordenine. One issue is that everything is in a prop. blend. While that is a negative for sure, I asked Barthel himself how much caffeine was in there, and he quickly responded with 250mg. One serving gives you 350mg of total ingredients.

The other ingredients are probably not in high doses(or effective doses), but Shred Complex isn't exactly a hard-hitting product either.

Honestly, all you really have to do to make this a fat burner would be to get yourself some yohimbine hcl pills and take them together.

This is kind of what got me to go out of my way and write a review. There are a good amount of flavoring options. Some are amazing, and some are bad.

Some good ones:

Strawberry orange banana is the best flavored product I have ever had. Besides BPI Blox, which isn't around anymore, this product is so tasty that I keep one tub at work, and one tub at home. It is easy to see why this is their best seller. I can't really describe how good it is, but I promise you, even my girlfriend keeps a tub at her house. It is not overly sweet, and is very smooth. Best way I could describe it

Candy apple is alright. Better than DNPX from ProSupps for sure. It isn't tart like many companies tend to do with apple products.

Pineapple Orange was my favorite for a while, but it was discontinued.

Some not so good:

Pink Lemonade- I just don't really like pink lemonade

Strawberry Watermelon- I'm not big on watermelon flavored drinks either. It's not awful, and I could see a lot of people liking it, I am just not one of them.

It is a one scoop product, which is good.

It mixes great for the most part, but sometimes I did end up getting a clump if I mixed it in a water bottle as opposed to a shaker cup.

I pretty much use this as a caffeine supplement, which it pretty much what it is meant to be. I usually drive to work and once I arrive after 1.5 hours, I take a scoop of this to get my day going. It actually keeps my appetite at bay until 12-1pm when I typically eat my first meal. It keeps me alert, focused for a few hours like a strong cup of coffee would do. There is no crash involved, which is nice.

It is very versatile. Some days, while I was cutting, I would just take this and some yohimbine, which would get my sweat going. On some workout days, I would add some sort of pump product to it and it was basically like taking a normal pre-workout supplement.

Lately, I've been avoiding any products that "crack me out", and Shred Complex is good for that. There is no real huge "surge" in energy like you get with high-stim pre-workouts. It's more of a noticeable energy boost after 10-15 minutes, which stays constant for a couple of hours.

Probably not the best product to use for a stim-junkie, but great for those who treat their adrenal glands with some respect lol.

Now, on it's own, you can get this for $27.99(30 servings), which is pretty high for a product like this. However, I'm making an exception on the value here because you can typically get this on BOGO, or free with some sort of purchase. Famed Labz seems to have a weekend sale every weekend, or every other weekend, and I usually grab myself 2 tubs when it makes sense. If you just keep an eye out, you will never pay that $27.99.

Side Effects

Conclusion

Shred Complex is a product I will keep in my cabinet as an alternative to pre-workouts and fat burners. While I like coffee, I like strawberry orange banana better. My girlfriend and I will continue to drink this mornings on our way to work.

I wouldn't really recommend it as a fat burner on it's own, but added to yohimbine, it works pretty well.

Just wait for a BOGO deal on it($27.99 is quite steep for this), and get yourself some strawberry orange banana. You will not be disappointed!

September 6, 2017

• Cool Flavors
  • Well Dosed
  • Good Pumps
  • Slightly Expensive

Not gonna lie, I am kind of a sucker for cool looking products. I picked up Ghost Legend a while back at the LA Fitness Expo. With all of the cool fitness celebrities that are on board with Ghost, and Ryan Hughes(who I am a fan of) being a co-founder, of course I had to pick this up on sale.

I bought Legend along with their amino product(which has a review up), and I finally put aside some time to review this. Ghost has been coming out with some solid products lately.

I'd like to note before I start this review, I must applaud Ghost for their flavors. Their whey has some interesting flavors such as Cereal Milk and Blueberry Toaster Pastry. Pretty creative right there. Also, Legend also comes in Warheads sour black cherry. You know, that precious candy wrapped in black that kids would trade in grade school. I'll get around to trying that some day. I'm sure there are more creative flavors to come.

To start, there are no prop. blends. This is great, although kind of expected these days. I must note, all flavors seem to have different caffeine amounts in them. I had the watermelon flavor, and that has 165mg per scoop. It is more of a 1.5-2scoop product, but still usable at one scoop.

With one scoop, you get 4 grams of citrulline, 2 grams of beta-alanine, 500mg of agmatine, 1 gram of taurine, some alpha GPC, theobromine, some time-released caffeine, olive leaf, and even some alpha-yohimbine. All of these are in effective doses, at both 1-2 scoops.

I like how Ghost used L-Citrulline instead of Citrulline-Malate. I tend to get better results from the Citrulline on its own. 2 grams of beta-alanine is solid, I know most will hate on a product if it's not at 3.2 grams. At 2 scoops, you get a whopping 4 grams of BA, which is more than enough.

Check out the profile for yourself, it's not bad at all.

This is where the product gets interesting. Ghost is the first company to ever sign with a candy company and actually be able to flavor a product with them. Warheads! I had the watermelon warheads flavored Ghost. I usually HATE watermelon flavored pre-workouts. They all try to taste like a watermelon jolly rancher, which gets old. Legend watermelon, was different however. It was obviously more like a warheads watermelon, without the extreme sourness of course. Much smoother and nowhere near as overpowering as... let's say C4 watermelon.

It mixes fine, no clumps ever.

As for dosing, most would probably be fine at one scoop, but for those who need a lot of caffeine, 1.5 scoops should be enough. Although 2 is probably what most people are going to take. Nothing wrong with that, it is just that is does kind of bring the value down, which I will get to.

Well, just looking at the profile, you know this product is going to work quite well. I'll base this off of the 1.5 scoops I took.

Energy:(9/10)
Energy was great. I typically workout late at night after a long day at work. I always got a solid boost of energy that made me feel better than my first dose of caffeine every morning. It was not a cracked out feeling either, just clean energy. I also noticed great consistency with Legend. Some pre-workouts tend to be hit or miss as to whether you get the same energy out of them from workout to workout. Legend always delivered the same energy.

Pump:(8/10)
Pumps were noticeable for sure. Veins, 3D look, etc. By no means were they not there, they were just not as pronounced as if I had taken something like NO3 Chrome, or Noxygen for instance. You won't miss those other products at all though. If you can't get a good pump with 4-8 grams of L-Citrulline... give it up.

Focus:(8.5/10)
With the alpha GPC, I noticed a pretty solid increase in focus. While it was nothing like MAN Gameday, or as if I had taken 200mg of DMHA, I still had great mind-muscle connection and had little on my mind except the workout I was doing.

This is where the product takes a hit. I personally got it at $20 on special at the LA Fit Expo, which was a great deal. That was an expo deal though. They do run specials from time to time, but for the most part, you're looking at about $40-$45 for a tub, and are pretty much limited to buying it at GNC or on their website.

The price really isn't awful. You are getting plethora of proven ingredients, that are all well-dosed. I personally would dish out the money for it, but I could totally see some others not be willing to pay that much, which is fine.

Side Effects

Conclusion

Ghost is a pretty cool company. They have the YouTube celebs with them(Guzman and Chewning), and it is a "lifestyle" brand. I like it. They even got me to wear their hats and sweatshirts like a damn conformist!

Legend is a solid pre-workout that I encourage almost everybody to try once. Try to get it on special if you can of course. The flavors are interesting, the effectiveness is on par with many companies out there, and there really isn't much I could complain about. Good ingredients, cool marketing, great flavors... not much more I could ask for, besides a slightly cheaper price I guess.

Overall
Thanks to TBN Labs for sending it out!
  September 5, 2017

• Keeps You Full
  • Foams Up

TBN Labs is a new company on the block. It's surprising to see such a small company start off with such a wide array of products. Not a bad thing at all, just something I noticed.

I am here to review their protein powder Total Body Protein.

I am here to review their protein powder Total Body Protein.

The label is fully disclosed, which is a plus. The macros, while are higher than some other brands, are not bad as far as your basic protein blends go. 5 carbs, isn't anything your body can't handle on a cut, and if you're trying to gain, you could easily fit this in. You get 22 grams of protein per scoop, which is decent, and also 1.5 grams of fat.

You get a blend of some isolates, some casein, milk, and egg. While I am not big on the whole timing of protein, this should take a while to be completely digested, and should be very versatile as opposed to a whey isolate or a casein product.

I had the coconut cream flavor, it actually was pretty enjoyable. While nowhere near the best tasting protein I have ever had, having something other than a your basic chocolate, CNC, or (god forbid) vanilla. I could see some people not liking it however, so if you don't like living dangerously, don't go with coconut.

As for the mixability, it does foam up quite heavily when shaken. It was foamy, however, according to Momo1, it mixes much better in almond milk than it does water. There was always a lot of foam at the bottom, which I had to dump out.

One thing I did like, the powder is extremely fine. One of the finest powders I have ever seen. Think of a pre-workout that you shake up and the powder starts to spew out like smoke... yeah like that.

Well, it is a protein powder, so of course it "worked". I typically used this either on my way to work(1.5 hour drive), or right before bed to hit my daily protein requirements. I mixed this in with my greens powder quite often as well, and the coconut flavor overpowered the greens. I am no hater of green powders flavors, but the combination of greens and coconut was quite enjoyable.

I experienced no indigestion issues at all, which is good. It was also very effective at holding me over between meals. Even without any fiber, I was still able to get through the day feeling satiated.

Pretty standard all around, except for the foaminess. It was not a deal breaker for me, but I could totally see some people hating this.

You can find this for around $35 for 30 servings. That isn't bad by any means. They are not widely available yet, however, I don't see the price going down if TBN ever decides sell this through etailers like a1supplements or the like.

Side Effects

Conclusion

TBN is a new company trying to hit it big. Total Body Protein, while nothing amazing, was fairly enjoyable due to the coconut flavoring. While it does tend to foam up too much, I wouldn't mind using it again. The price isn't too bad, and if someone asked me if they should go ahead and purchase this, I wouldn't say no.

Thanks to BioWar Nutrition for sending it out!
  August 28, 2017

Pros:
 Cons:
  • Decent Taste
  • Consistent
  • Solid Pumps
  • Clumps If Not In Fridge

Pre-workouts are so flooded these days, that most of us tend to just look at the profiles and judge them that way. Back when Jack3d, 1MR, and C4 were the big dogs, we just took a scoop and said "omg the energy was great! Reps for Jesus!". While I certainly like the modern way of judging pre-workouts, sometimes, you can get great results off of something that doesn't look like an A+ on paper. That's where ImplosionX comes in.

At first glance, the profile doesn't look like anything I'd go out of my way to buy, but when I actually got to experience the product first hand, that is where I got impressed.

Like I said in my introduction, the profile, while not bad, was not very exciting. To start the citrulline malate is at 6 grams(albeit in a 2:1 ratio). After that you have 2 grams of beta-alanine. While I personally feel a difference with grams, some might point out that 3.2 grams is the clinical dose. Agmatine at 500mg is fine by me, however 1.5 grams would be a little appreciated.

What I liked about this product is the lower amount of caffeine. Most pre-workouts have a 300mg minimum these days, with some even being above 400mg! At 250mg, Implosion provides a good amount of caffeine. It shouldn't crack any pre-workout veteran out, but it should provide you with plenty of caffeine to power you through a workout.

There is a solid array of nootropics in ImplosionX. Noopept at 20mg, Huperzine, and some Alpha GPC are all welcome by me, even though I never responded well to NooPept myself.

Again, the profile is not something unseen before, and I can see it being lost in the vast sea of pre-workouts. However, it is by no means bad.

I got the blue raspberry flavor. The other option would have been pink lemonade. I am not a big fan of either flavor. I tired my blue raspberry taste buds out a long time ago with C4, and pink lemonade never appealed to me that much. Like eating a skunk or a skunk with a little salt on it(AVGN quote).

To my surprise however, the blue raspberry was not bad. It was not over flavored, which is what I believe many companies do wrong. While I didn't exactly look forward to drinking it, it wasn't bad by any means .

The powder itself clumps up easily while in the tub. Biowar recommends(even puts a sticker on the tub) storing the tub in the freezer. This worked great to prevent clumping. It mixes great. I never had a single slump after I mixed it.

Well, although I kind of pointed out some flaws in the profile, I have to admit that it was not a bad experience. In fact, I actually enjoyed it to some extent.

The energy I got was very clean. Never felt cracked out or over-stimulated at all, which is what I look for in pre-workouts for the most part. With 250mg of caffeine, it was enough to get me going after a long day at work, yet not enough to prevent me from sleeping, or make my heart race lol. The nootropics only made it better, as it put me "in-the-zone" so to speak. My mind-muscle connection was really good while running ImplosionX.

Pumps were pretty solid as well. While not as good as they would be if I took 8 grams of citrulline and 1.5 grams of agmatine, They were still noticeable.

One thing I liked about ImplosionX was that it was very consistent. Some pre-workouts tend to work great one day, then make me feel off the day after. ImplosionX always gave me a predictable, well-energized, and well-focused feeling.

So far I was only able to find this on the Biowar website for $40. While this is not cheap at first glance, you do get 30 servings. So for about $1.33 a serving, you a solid "all-around" pre-workout. If it were 20 servings, I wouldn't recommend it. However, with there being 30 servings, I wouldn't mind saying it's a decent deal.

I'm curious to see how much Biowar will cost once it is more widely available.

Side Effects

Conclusion

While I wasn't necessarily excited to run Biowar ImplosionX, I can say that I was pleasantly surprised by how well it worked. By no means was it my favorite pre-workout of all time, however, it delivered consistently. The flavor was not dreadful, and even slightly enjoyable.

The value isn't unreasonable, which makes this product worth at least considering. I'd say give it a shot if you like supporting smaller companies. I know there are a lot of options out there, this one is just a gem in a sea of other gems really.

Overall
Overall
4.8
4.4
Thanks to EvoMuse for sending it out!
  August 14, 2017

Pros:
 Cons:
  • Pleasant Burning Sensation
  • Ingredient Amount Not Listed
  • Little Brown Clumps
  • A Little Pricey
  • Stains Light Colored Clothing
  • Frustrating To Dose Accurately
  • Ineffective
  • NO Correct Way To Dose Accurate

EvoMuse is a pretty solid company. AlphaBurn is great, DCP is great, GutHealth is alright... then.. they have their line of topical creams. Now, SuperNova has gotten mixed reviews. Some say it's great, some have said it did next to nothing for them.

You get a lot of cool sounding ingredients in here. Problem is, with 30 ingredients, you have no idea how much of each you'll be getting or even absorbing. Some of the ingredients actually have some studies behind them. Yohimbine is probably the best example. Some of the other ingredients have some science behind them, but without knowing how much is in here, it is impossible to know if you are getting a good amount of anything.

One thing that all reviewers seem to have in common is that we would like a better way of dosing SuperNova than "a silver dollar". A pump would be the easiest way to keep us all happy. Sometimes I felt I was putting too little on, then sometimes I felt that I would just have way too much of this brown liquid on me.

It's more of a slightly thicker liquid than anything. Def. not a cream or a gel consistency. Make sure you shake it first, or else you are just going to have straight liquid pour out.

This part needs some work for sure.

Really, when you first put it on, you get a nice cooling effect. It actually feels pretty good for the first few minutes before it started to fade away. After that I personally almost forgot I was putting it on. Now some may say they got some sort of sweating effect, I personally did not get this that often. If I took it before a morning cardio session, I may have noticed a slight bit a sweat, but nothing that made me remember that I was actually taking it.

I ran this along with AlphaBurn. With Alphaburn, I did notice the yohimbine effects. With SuperNova, I really couldn't tell if it was doing anything for me or not. Since I ran it alongside another product, and got results, I can't say this did not help in any single way. I just feel that I got more out of alphaburn than supernova. It is as simple as that.

I am not against creams and such for fat loss, but it really all comes down to diet, which I had nailed down during the time I took this. So, since I am sure alphaburn was doing its part, I didn't really see a need to throw this on top(especially for the price!) to see no real extra results.

This stuff is expensive. This runs a little over $50. I could get 3 different proven fat burning products on their own for less than that amount(Ephedrine, caffeine pills, thryotwin).

This is a big reason why I am giving this a thumbs down. It is simply not worth the money.

Side Effects

Besides a nice cooling sensation, I would like to warn any user that you should wear a shirt to bed if you take this before going to bed. I made the mistake of not doing that one night, and woke up to a bed that looked like I left a giant skidmark on it.

Also, the gel sometimes leaves these gross little gel-like clumps everywhere.

Conclusion

While I am not against creams and gels for fat burning, Supernova is just too expensive for me to consider buying. Since I feel as if all I got was a slight cooling sensation along with maybe a slight bit of sweat every once in a while, I can't recommend someone else buying this.

Supernova is kind of a pain to use(putting gel on yourself isn't as easy as taking a pill), and confusing to measure out. Way too expensive to become a staple as well.

If you have the money to buy Supernova... don't. Buy 2 bottles of Alphaburn instead.

Overall
Thanks to EvoMuse for sending it out!
  August 9, 2017

Pros:
 Cons:
  • Purest Form Of Yohimbine
  • No Side Effects
  • Some Targeted Fat Loss
  • Stimulant-free
  • Have To Fasted
  • No Carbs

I hadn't heard much of Evomuse until I saw their products on the front page of SR. I have heard about them, yet never really looked into them. After starting my first "serious" cut in a long time, I saw AlphaBurn and SuperNova being offered and decided to give it a shot. Accidentally(yet fortunately), EvoMuse sent me 2 extra products that I did not expect. I'll review the other 2 another day, but for all of my Evomuse reviews, I will be judging them as a stack.

Such a simple profile. Alpha-Yohimbine HCl at 3mg, and 4mg of BioPerine. For...

Such a simple profile. Alpha-Yohimbine HCl at 3mg, and 4mg of BioPerine. For people who don't know what bioperine does... in the easiest way to explain it, it helps your body absorb stuff.

Alpha-Yohimbine on the other hand is basically another form of Yohimbine HCl, which they claim has a bit more effectiveness/more pure. I am a big fan of yohimbine hcl as it is, so if something similar yet more effective is offered to me, you know I'm going for it.

Yohimbine has plenty of data proving its effectiveness. Google it!

It says to take one pill twice a day. Easy enough. With yohimbine, you want to take it on an empty stomach, with plenty of time away from carb meals. Insulin negates the effects of yohimbine.

I ended up taking 2 pill in the morning towards the end, and one an hour or so before lunch.

While there is no taste, I did happen to burp one of these pills up one day, and boy was that an awful experience. All of that black pepper went up to my nose and throat, and it was an overall unpleasant experience that had me coughing. Only happened once,, and I haven't heard of this happening to anyone else.

I was very satisfied with the results I got from Alphaburn. Upon taking my first dose, I was able to get that "yohimbine-anxiety". This is the biggest problem most users have with yohimbine. It has some serious side-effects in some people. After years of using yohimbine, I may still get side effects, yet I know where they are coming from, so I don't panic and actually have come to enjoy them in the past few years. However, I did notice that the side effects were not as apparent with alphaburn as they were with basic yohimbine hcl. I remember reading somewhere that the side-effects were not as bad, so this may be a good thing.

I dropped a significant amount of weight while running Alphaburn. When I started my cut, I did not count calories in anyway. Towards the end of my run I did however(around 2500 calories). I ended up dropping about 18lb over 6-7 weeks. A lot of this was water weight of course, however, 18lb is no joke. I would have been happy with 8-10lb in that time. While my diet and cardio were the main factors, my results were def. amplified with running Alphaburn.

A good thing about Alphaburn is, it is easily stackable. I could stack this with a stimulated fat burner(as long as there is a small amount or no yohimbine in there), a non-stim fat burner(DCP from Evomuse works great), or even just as a standalone.

My body looks significantly better than it did just 2 months ago now, and I'm well on my way to my end goal.

I've seen this for around $26. If you stack it, it is a pretty good add-on, however it will raise your supplement bill quite a ways. As a standalone, I probably wouldn't pay for it and instead get a basic all-in-one thermo. If you can get away with just 2 pills a day, I'd say it is worth the cash. If you need 3-4 pills, I would recommend trying HCl instead.

Compared to Yohimbine HCl, it is much more expensive. While not overly priced, it would not be my first purchase while starting a cut. I would rather add it during the latter stages of a cut when everything slows down and I need an extra "push".

Side Effects

Yohimbine may come with some serious side effects in some people. Anxiety, chills, panic attacks, sweating, headaches... I get some slight side effects now and then, but I have come to enjoy them over the years. Just let's me know it is actually working. Start with the lowest dose possible to see how you react.

Conclusion

Alphaburn was fun to run. It helped with cardio sessions, made me sweat more, and most importantly, made my fat burn off faster. I would recommend trying it out if you like yohimbine hcl. As a standalone, it may not be my first go-to, but as something to take before cardio, I'd be open to keeping this around the house.

Thanks to RSP for sending it out!
  July 31, 2017

Pros:
 Cons:
  • Antioxidant

Big thank you to RSP, I have been trying out several of their products lately, and although they are by no means innovative, they are typically inexpensive, do their job, and are staple worthy.

While some might look at green tea as a fat burner, I see it more as an anti-oxidant for overall health.

It's 500mg of uncaffeinated green tea extract. Green tea has been proven to have many health benefits. From metabolism to heart health. I personally like that there is no caffeine in here, that way can take it before bed as well.

I'm not go...

I'm not going to sit here and list out all of the alkaloids that make green tea beneficial. However, I can assure you that there is plenty of info out there supporting green tea.

One pill, fairly small and easy to swallow. They recommend one pill a day. I took 2 sometimes because I like to break the rules...

Now, unless you get blood work done, you are not going to notice a much difference if you simply take green tea pills. I personally think it is over marketed as a fat loss ingredient, but it is by no means not good to take.

What makes this product so good, is that the price point is so low, for such a proven ingredient. I'll get to the value later of course.

Like I said before, I'm not going to just post studies here on some of the benefits of green tea. Honestly, it's just a great way to get some extra anti-oxidants in. Kind of like a multi-vitamin. You don't really feel anything, it is just doing its part to keep you healthy. A simple google search should be plenty to convince you.

You can get this for $10. It's such an easy add on at the end of your internet supplement shopping, that it can be taken year round easily. You get 100 capsules per bottle. You can also get 2 bottles for $14, which is a great way to go with this.

You can get more than a years worth for just $28. Just a great deal all around.

Side Effects

Conclusion

Overall, I'd highly recommend this product(or any green tea for that matter). For the price point, you can easily add this to your stack, whether you're cutting or bulking. It's worth taking for the simple health benefits.

Thanks to IdealFit for sending it out!
      July 26, 2017

Pros:
     Cons:
    • Filling
    • Good Texture
    • High Fiber
    • Good Protein Sources
    • Bad Aftertaste

Protein bars, you either use them, or your hate them. In some cases, it's both. There are so many protein bar options out there these days, and after Quest bars came out, a much bigger focus on fiber ensued. While I personally am over quest bars, I still like my protein bars to have some fiber in them(unless I'm eating PowerCrunch Bars). I'm currently in a cutting phase, and when I saw these bars up, I jumped on them as the calories were low.

To start, I like the fiber content in these. 12 grams of fiber in a meal is really good actually. I do like that is has only on gram of sugar. The fat is at 5 grams, which is low, and the protein is at a solid 23 grams. The macros are one of the best I have seen on any protein bar. Very similar to Quest actually, with perhaps a bit less fat.

Well, I had the mint chocolate flavor. Not gonna lie, it was not very good. The taste comes onto you slowly. Then, the aftertaste starts to settle in.

You get a mild taste of chocolate to start, which is slowly overpowered by a bitter-like mint. I personally love mint, but this one was just odd really. The aftertaste sticks with you, and I typically just ended up brushing my teeth afterwards.

Well, as bad as the flavor was, the product itself as not that bad. The fiber makes it very filling. Between meals, if I decided to use this, I had great appetite control. So, as far as effectiveness goes, these bars performed quite well. I'd say on par with a basic Quest bar.

I feel quite bad that I can't look past the taste. With the taste being subpar, you don't look forward to eating them. With so many options out there, it is hard to recommend these, especially with their price being a bit higher than most bars on the market.

A box of these runs around $20. For 7 bars, it is not the best value out there. Most bars I know run about the same and have 12 bars in them. Those other ones also taste much better. I see no reason to spend money on something that is going to taste bad and is comparable to other quality protein bars on the market.

Side Effects

Conclusion

As good as these bars perform, I cannot recommend them due to the subpar taste, and high price tag. with other options out there, like power crunch bars and Fitjoy, which are great, I see no reason to ever suffer and buy a box of these.

Thanks to IdealShape for sending it out!
      July 25, 2017

Pros:
     Cons:
    • Decent Value
    • Better Digestion
    • Fiber
    • Propietary Blend

I always appreciate it when I get to try out a product like this. Greens drinks are some of my favorite products, as I feel many of us neglect micronutrients. I don't mind eating vegetables, but sometimes I wish I could eat less of them.

This is why I rarely pass up an opportunity to hop on a deal of greens powders. So of course I jumped on Ideal Greens when the opportunity arose.

To start, I liked the lack of sugar, and the 3 grams of fiber. I'll get to this later. Granted all greens drinks tend to have fiber in them, I still have to note in.

The first criticism I have, it that everything is in a blend. I know companies that don't do this with their greens drinks, so I kind of have to be critical here.

The first 2 ingredients in here are spinach leaf powder, and kale leaf powder. I wish I knew how much of each, but I do like both ingredients. After that you get come coconut water powder, some wheat grass, broccoli, beat powder, the list goes on. While I am a fan of every ingredient in IdealGreens, I just wish I knew how much of each. There are other, like Ashwaganda, but I doubt it is at its recommended 600mg dose.

Dosing is one scoop a day, easy enough. As for the taste, well, it's a greens drink. I personally like the taste of greens powders, but most people, including my girlfriend, hate it. This is a personal thing, however, you can easily mask this by mixing it in a tastier protein powder.

It mixes quite well, however, with most greens drinks, you do get some stuff left on the sides.

I typically took IdealGreens every morning on my way to work. My commute is 1.5-2 hours both ways, so I tend to bring a shake(my breakfast) and drink it about an hour into driving. I mixed this with Total Protein by Cutler Nutrition and creatine hcl, which made it a great breakfast actually.

Now, with these products, the best way to tell if they are working is by paying attention to your bathroom schedule. I can say that I was regular while on this. I also noticed a bit less bloat, although I was eating pretty healthy throughout the work week, I as still able to notice less side effects from food I ate.

Now that I'm off, I can kind of tell that I am off really. I noticed more energy throughout the day, as well as just an overall sense of well-being. I get this from most greens drinks.

You can get this for $30. Not the cheapest, yet not overpriced either. If there was no blend, I may have rated it higher.

It's worth the investment, especially if you replace your multi-vitamin with this.

Side Effects

Conclusion

Ideal Greens is a pretty good option as a daily greens/vitamin drink. It can help keep you regular, up your energy levels, and just make you feel better overall. It's no miracle in powder form, but it does offer a simple way to get some extra greens and other herbs in without having to down a lot of pills, or eat endless kale and spinach.

I would have no problem recommending this to anyone who takes their health seriously. It's not the best greens option, but it's not a bad one by any means.