Clipper83

TROPHY CASE

Reviews by Clipper83

October 16, 2018

Pros:
 Cons:
  • Consistent Pumps
  • Nitrate
  • Slightly Chalky

Vasomax is an awesome stim-free pre-workout worth trying at least once.

Performax Labs is a company I have known of for years, yet never got around to trying. With such a flooded market, sometimes brands with good products can get overlooked. Well, after Performax was rebranded, I noticed that their formulas had been significantly improved. Our friends at PP gave them solid reviews, so now it was only a matter of time before I bought their products myself.

As far as pump ingredients go, it has one word I truly lo...

Vasomax is an awesome stim-free pre-workout worth trying at least once.

As far as pump ingredients go, it has one word I truly love.... NITRATE. I also have to give props to Performax for switching to a non-prop blend.

The first ingredient to catch my eye was the potassium nitrate. Nitrates work, plain and simple, which is why I get so excited when I see it in pre-workouts. I had never tried potassium nitrate, although I had seen it.

I love the 3 grams of GlycerPump (glycerol monostearate). You usually see this at 1-2 grams in most products, so seeing more is nice. It's good for cellular hydration in case you were wondering. Usually this stuff gets clumpy, but I think this patented form isn't known to do that.

Next we have Vaso 6, which is an ingredient from Compound Solutions. It can relax blood vessels, and I've actually had success running it. It's actually green tea extract.

Rutaecarpine is a vasorelaxant. Not much to say here and I've never tried it as a standalone.

Besides all of the pump ingredients, we also have a nootropic aspect to Vasomax.

One scoop gives you 300mg of Alpha GPC. This is a very popular form of choline and I've used it quite often in the past. It's actually one of the most popular ingredients in nootropic supplements.

We also get some Huperzine (10mg), which helps prevent choline being broken down. Proven ingredient that you commonly find in pre-workouts and nootropics. I'm a fan...

I had the orange flavor and it was pretty good. Not anything I couldn't wait to drink before my workout, but still enjoyable. I've grown a liking to citrus flavored pre-workouts over the years as anything blue, red, or even green just seem overpowering. Citrus flavors tend to be milder, so I go for those flavors these days.

It mixes very well, but the texture is a bit chalky. I personally enjoyed it, but I know there are people who don't like that so I'm mentioning it.

As for dosage... one scoop pre-workout. Can't get any easier than that.

With the nitrate in this product, I got exactly what I wanted out of it, some really DENSE feeling pumps. The first time I used Vasomax, I just happened to be training back. I noticed the pumps almost immediately doing pullups. My forearms started to get really painful, but in a good way. Just grabbing things would set off a rush. So the first impression was great.

While using this, I was on a cut, and I usually only had ~70 carbs pre-workout. Even with my carbs being low on most days (excluding weekend re-feeds/cheat meals), I was able to get those dense pumps mentioned above. I love the fact that it was very consistent. Even some of the best pump products I have used have days where I start to question their effectiveness, not with Vasomax.

Didn't notice much as far as focus goes, but nootropics seem to be harder for me to gauge as it is, so I wouldn't take my word for it. I typically added a 200mg caffeine pill or lightly caffeinated energy drink with this, so that could have interfered with this aspect.

You can find with for around $33 depending on the retailer. For 25 servings, this is a solid price. It's actually cheaper than many other pump products I've seen that I'd consider worth buying.

Side Effects

Conclusion

Vasomax is a solid pump product and I'd highly recommend trying it out if you want something that works and won't break the bank. If you need caffeine, you can add a caffeine pill or energy drink to this and be fine. The taste is solid, the effectiveness is top notch, and the value is fair. Consider this product if you're in the market and want to support a solid company that doesn't hide behind blends.

Thanks to VMI Sports for sending it out!
  October 7, 2018

Pros:
 Cons:
  • Quality Ingredients
  • Mixes Perfectly
  • Better Recovery
  • Increased Hydration
  • Great Macros
  • Affordable
  • Foamy

A great tasting protein powder with some extra goodies.

Who could pass up whey protein isolate when it's offered here on SR? VMI has been very impressive to me. Not only due to their products, but also with their flavoring system. I read a lot of positive feedback on Protolyte, so I decided grab this when the opportunity arose... plus I needed a protein powder.

Let's get the most important part out of the way... the macros.

One scoop of Protolyte will get you:
0 fat
1 carbohydrate
25 protein

As for the electrolyt...

A great tasting protein powder with some extra goodies.

Let's get the most important part out of the way... the macros.

One scoop of Protolyte will get you:
0 fat
1 carbohydrate
25 protein

As for the electrolytes:

500mg Magnesium Bisglycinate
300mg of Calcium Bisglycinate Chelate
8mg of Chromium Nicotinate Glycinate Chelate

They also threw in digestive enzymes and glutamine to boot.

I love the idea of magnesium in a post-workout product. Magnesium has a lot of benefits, and while I won't list them all here, I can tell you that it may be good for muscle relaxation. Now, I could just take a magnesium supplement on the side, but it doesn't seem to up the price or ruin the taste of the product, so having it in there essentially just helps me not take a pill, I dig it.

I had to Orange Dreamsicle and it was awesome. I'm not a big fan of the actually ice cream, however, something about this just made me look forward to it. I was cutting while on Protolyte, so perhaps having something sweet after eating nothing but chicken and the like all day. I'd say it's as close to the ice cream as you can get.

It mixes very well, a bit foamy but not too bad.

Dosing will depend on how much protein you need. I only took one scoop post-workout for the most part, and I'll get into why in the side effects section of this review.

Well, to start, it's a protein, which we all know makes it pretty hard to gauge the effectiveness. I took this as a post-workout. I workout late at night, usually around 8pm-10pm.

The biggest benefit I got from this was the magnesium. Magnesium is in my opinion a very underrated supplement. It's great at helping your muscles relax, as well as aiding in sleep. Since I workout at night, the magnesium helped me get to sleep faster than usual. Even after 300mg of caffeine just 2-3 hours before, I'd have no trouble passing out when I turned out the lights.

Can't really comment on recovery and the like, as I feel so much more goes into that than a protein powder. Either way, it was an effective/convenient way to get extra protein in my diet. I get about 300p, mostly from chicken/ ground beef, so this as a fun way to get something sweet in.

I was able to find this for $35 on allstarhealth, which I personally find to be a very fair price. While whey concentrate will be cheaper, some may have issues digesting that, so if you need to use an isolate, this won't break the bank for you.

Side Effects

I mentioned in my dosing section that I only took one serving at a time. The reason for that was the magnesium content. I love magnesium, as noted above in the effectiveness section. However, there is a limit. Too much magnesium can have a laxative effect. At 2 scoops, this was the case for me. No issues with one serving.

Conclusion

Protolyte is a great protein and worth the price. While I usually stick to a whey concentrate or some sort of blend, I wouldn't mind dishing out the cash for this from time to time. If your stomach doesn't react well to whey concentrate, this may be a great option for you as well. The flavor is awesome, the added magnesium is a plus, and it won't break the bank.

8.9
  September 9, 2018

Pros:
 Cons:
  • Mood Enhancing
  • Appetite Suppression
  • Fair Value

Oxymax is a solid thermogenic that provides good energy and great appetite suppression.

To start, I'd like to say I ran this product as directed for one week, then took a quick break before starting a diet program designed by my old friend Petey. I took either 1-2 pills a day, depending on if I felt I needed the energy or not. Diet was on point for duration of this run, the way it should be.

To start, no proprietary blend, can't really say bonus points because I expect it these days. It's a good thing!

One pill g...

One pill gives you the following:

Caffeine: 250mg
    Forskolin: 25mg
    Fucoxanthin: 8mg
    Black pepper extract: 5mg
    Rauwolfia Vomitoria: 2mg

To start, I really like the dose of caffeine. It isn't over the top (300mg+), but enough to give almost all of us a nice boost of energy. Some companies need to learn that more caffeine is not always better.

I'm a big fan of the Paradoxine. There is an actual human study showing it can be effective for increasing energy expenditure. While of course it's no miracle, it's good to know Performax isn't just throwing Dr Oz endorsed ingredients. I end to get sweaty while taking this, while that's not a perfect indicator, it's still worth noting.

R Vomitoria is alpha-yohimbine. Supposedly, this form has less side effects than yohimbine hcl. It's a well known ingredient for fat loss. This may be the one ingredient in here I'd say I'm on the fence on. It's effective, but some may experience side effects from it. I personally did not have any issues while running it however.

The Nelumbo, which is standardized for Higenamine, is a beta-agonist. While it won't be as potent as ephedrine, it's still a going to help. I'm actually a fan of the other ingredients, however I just wanted to note what stands out to me the most. Overall, it's a solid profile.

No taste/mixability as they are pills.

Dosing is one pill in the morning upon waking on an empty stomach. If you can handle it, you can take another pill later in the day, pretty versatile.

Like I usually do with fat burners, I break I down into categories that I look out for.

Appetite Suppression:(9.2/10)

This is by far the most important category for me. A have a ridiculous appetite, so anything that helps keep it at bay is the most beneficial thing I can get out of any fat burner. I had almost no issue with cravings on Petey's diet while on Oxymax. With fats being under 50 grams on workout days, and carbs well under 200 grams, I was actually worried that I would be suffering. On days I took Oxymax, I had no problems with turning down the usual junk food that is offered at work.

Energy:(8.8/10)

While Oxymax did not crack me out, it still gave a great boost of energy. I guess clean energy would be a good way to describe it. Of course, most of this will depend on your stim-tolerance. Mine happens to be very high. Still, even after continuous use, I was able to get a solid energy boost with no crash every time.

Thermo effect:(8.5/10)

This isn't the most important category for me, but I still like to rate it. I noticed a nice thermo effect. Coupled with the hot sun in CA, I would sweat much easier. Even simple 20 minute cardio sessions would leave me sweating a lot more than usual. While not the strongest I've ever felt, it was def. noticeable and enjoyable.

As for results, well, I actually had my first diet coach while running this, my good friend Petey. With his guidance, I was able to drop 8lb in in just a month, which is actually perfect for my current situation. While I give credit to my dieting and cardio, Oxymax gave me a nice edge during the day if I needed to keep my appetite at bay or if I needed an energy boost at night before the gym. It did its part well.

You can get Oxymax for $30, which is a very fair price to me. You could make it last 30-60 days depending on how you use it. It is priced fairly and competitively.

Side Effects

None to speak of, I'd be cautious if you're not used to stimulants.

Conclusion

Oxymax was surprisingly very effective as a fat burner. While fat loss is 100% diet and exercise, an effective thermogenic supplement could make the journey easier. Oxymax is one of those effective products. The energy is great, the appetite suppression is awesome, and the value is fair. I'd recommend trying this out if you want a stim-based fat burner.

Overall
    Thanks to VMI Sports for sending it out!
      August 13, 2018

Pros:
     Cons:
    • Good Meal Replacment
    • Amazing Taste
    • Mixes Effortlessly
    • Prime Ingredients
    • Has Real Marshmallows
    • Not Cost Effective At 4 Scoops

A nice versatile protein powder that can be used as a way to increase your calorie intake, replace a meal in your daily diet, or even be used as a pre/post workout protein.

I've only used one other Mass Gainer protein in my life, and that was 5+ years ago when I worked at GNC. Usually, I'm the stereotypical mass gainer "hatur" who criticizes them. I always recommend kids looking to gain mass to make their own, like simply adding ground up oatmeal, peanut butter, whey, and milk into a blender. Still, after looking at the profile of this one, I didn't see the usual 100+ grams of carbs coming from maltodextrin. I saw a well formulated product which didn't have the same macro breakdown as other products on the market.

I also saw the interesting flavor options... see below.

First thing I have to mention, is the Carb 10. I am a fan of Carb 10, and wish more companies would use it. Works just as well as HBCD in my experience. As you can see in the macros posted below, it isn't really that high in calories compared to other products. Honestly, if there was 5-7 grams of fiber in here, I'd say it would be the perfect macro breakdown for my specific goals.

Macros
    2 scoops give you:

5f
    30c
    20p

What I like about this, is that it isn't simply loaded with dextrose or maltodextrin. It's not like any other mass gainer out there. While there is some dextrose and maltodextrin in here, you only get 10 grams of sugar per serving. No complaints from me.

I like the included enzymes, which help you digest the protein. As for the protein itself, it is a blend or milk protein isolate, whey protein concentrate, whey protein isolate, and whole milk powder. Only mild complaint here is that there is no disclosure on the amounts of protein. Not knocking it down really, but with companies like NutraBio, Ghost, and MAN Sports going full disclosure with their products, it's nice to see companies do it.

The fat in here is interesting. You get MCT oil/coconut oil powder, but what really caught my eye is the avocado oil powder. I have never seen this form of fat used in a protein. Unfortunately, we can't see how many monounsaturated fats are in here, and with 7 grams of saturated fat I'm going to assume that it is very low. Still nice to see!

I received the Lucky Charms knock off flavor. It was just too interesting to pass up. Now I've always thought that Lucky Charms were overrated, but still fairly enjoyable. One feature that is enjoyable with Major Mass are the added marshmallows. Seems to be a trend these days, companies adding cereal bits, cookie chunks, and even candy... I dig it.

It tastes like a mild lucky charms, nothing that I'd buy for myself, but def worth trying if you're a fan of cereal like I am. I'd like to see what VMI could do with a Fruity Pebbles flavor.

It mixes very well, I never had a clump to complain about. I would advise drinking this quickly after shaking however, as the marshmallows can sink to the bottom and get stuck... who wants to miss out on marshmallows?

After reading all of the other reviews, you really can't go wrong with any flavor really.

I usually took 2 scoops (so 30 carbs), if I'm going to fill in 62 carbs in one sitting, I'm going to eat them.

I found Major Mass to be very versatile. With the Carb 10, I was able to use this as a pre-workout meal and post-workout. I also used as a MRP for my drive to work.

As a pre-workout:

Due to the Carb 10, I noticed increased endurance while lifting, similar to when I take Super Carb from Nutrabio. I've used Carb 10 in the past, and enjoyed it then, and I enjoyed it here as well. Sometimes I simply don't have time to eat before I go to the gym, so this was convenient. Usually, I eat chicken and rice, but Major Mass was simply more convenient. I'd prefer everyone used whole food, but this worked quite well and was a time saver.

As a MRP:

The main reason I got this was to replace my breakfast. My morning drive to work takes me about 1.5 hours-2 hours, so I usually just skip breakfast and fast until lunch. While I don't mind fasting, sometimes I just feel better when I eat something early. Major mass helped keep my appetite at bay before I ate lunch. Works well, would be better if there was some fiber however.

I did mention using this as a post-workout. I only did that twice I believe, so I'm not going to comment on that. Of course I have to mention how this digested very well for me. I don't have issues digesting whey as it is so take my comment for what it is worth.

You can get this for $46 through several online retailers. This is a fair price for 30 servings, especially when you consider the sources of calories in here. I'd still recommend eating whole food, this is a nice alternative for when you simply don't have time to eat.

If you're looking for an all out mass gainer, I'd still advise going for a blend of ground oatmeal, peanut butter, milk, and protein powder.

Side Effects

Conclusion

I'd recommend giving Major Mass a try. While I personally won't be keeping this on hand, it could come in handy if you want a quick pre-workout meal or meal replacement. It comes good in a pinch, and the flavoring is top notch.

Overall
    Thanks to Loud Muscle Science for sending it out!
      June 10, 2018

Pros:
     Cons:
    • Solid As A Rock
    • More Frequent Erections
    • Blend
    • Acid Re- Flux
    • Random Erections
    • Heartburn

While the product worked, and perhaps worked a little too well, the heartburn I received from this product forced me to stop taking it.

After reading all the hype behind this product, I had to give it a try to see if Launch Sequence could really get my juices flowing. While I have no issues throwing my girlfriend on the wall and going to town, I thought it may be fun to add a little extra.

It's your average blend of random herbs and the like, such as tribulus and fenugreek, very typical in what you'd expect from a product like this. There is seriously nothing special in this. In fact, I've taken each ingredient in here on it's own, and never had any worthwhile results with them, with the exception of ashwaganda, maca, and yohimbe.

Besides tribulus and fenugreek, you get some maca, which I actually like. Maca on it's own is very effective, at least in my experience. It's in a blend in here however, so there is no way of telling if it is actually dosed effectively.

I like ashwaganda, but again, no way of telling how much is in here. Same goes for mucuna... and every other ingredient. It's very doubtful anything is dosed effectively in here. If you're sensitive to yohimbine, I'd stay far away, as you don't know how much is in here, and you could have a bad reaction.

No taste since they are pills, but in a way, there was a taste. Just check out the "Side Effects" section in this review.

2 pills daily, which is just about as easy as it gets.

Like everyone else that took this, I noticed that my meat-missile was ready to launch more often than not. I would get random wood as if I was on more than a simple blend of herbs, something others have mentioned. Seriously, my fiddle would feel like it was floating when it got a blood rush, as if it were as light as a feather. Honestly, I'd start giggling like I was in middle school sometimes when I was sitting at work.

I did not notice much in terms of libido however. While I may already be "up", I didn't really have any extra urge to throw my girlfriend against a wall. I just had a woodpecker that kept on wanting to build a tent. It was VERY noticeable, and everything everyone else has said about this product is true, as far as effectiveness goes.

Now, while I just said I had some crazy wood, this came with some nasty heartburn. Check out the Side Effects section of this review.

There's really not much more to say about this, as I had to cut my run off short.

Jesus this product is expensive. For some reason, this blend of herbs will cost you close to $90 for 30 servings. While it worked well, if you need a pill to get you hard, I'd recommend seeing a doctor, or maybe just finding a new girl before you go out and spend that kind of money on this. I never knew that a blend of simple herbs could cost so much.

Side Effects

Really intense heartburn. I tried to run Launch Sequence on 3 separate occasions, and on the 2nd day of each run, I started to get some awful heartburn. What good is having a floating *** if you feel like you have battery acid in the back of your throat all day? It would ruin my sleep and actually ruin my whole day. For this, I had to stop taking the product.

I gave Launch Sequence 3 runs. First time was a 7 day run. I should have stopped after the 3rd day, but thought it could be something else, but it only stopped after I stopped taking Launch Sequence. It took about a week for the acid reflux to go away. After waiting 2 weeks, I tried again, I pretty much stopped taking everything else just to see if I could pinpoint the heartburn to this product, and of course it came back.

For whatever reason, after waiting a couple of weeks again, I decided to give it one more go, same issue after the 2nd day. Having great wood with no libido increase is not worth having the worst acid reflux I've ever experienced. Acid reflux is the reason I stopped drinking, and that is why I stopped taking Launch Sequence.

So, I had to stop taking it. I believe this is the only time I've ever had to stop taking a product due to side effects. Sad that it happened on a product that actually worked.

Conclusion

Well, I'm giving this a maybe, when I want to give it a thumbs down. The product worked, a little too well. My erections were off the chart, and would come out of nowhere, however, the acid reflux was just too much for me to handle. I refuse to take any antacids either, so if you don't mind taking loads of calcium carbonate, spending $90 for a bottle a bottle, this may be for you. Honestly, this product wouldn't change much in my relationship, but it could help yours. I don't have any issues with libido, but if I didn't get the heartburn, it would be fun to keep around.

Overall
    Thanks to Universal for sending it out!
      April 27, 2018

Pros:
     Cons:
    • Similar To The Paks
    • General Health
    • Some Ingredients Underdosed
    • Includes A Proprietary Blend

Animal Pak is probably the most popular multi-vitamin on the market, at least when it comes to fitness enthusiasts. When I first started checking out SR, I remember seeing many reviews giving Animal Pak (the pill version) great feedback. I've used the pills version several times, so when I saw this offered, I jumped at the opportunity.

Since the profile is quite long, listing out each ingredient wouldn't make any sense, so I will go over what I like and dislike about the profile. If you want a closer look at the profile, a picture is attached below.

Pros-
    I like the alpha-lipoic acid, as it has studies showing it may be beneficial for insulin resistance. The anti-oxidant complex is just nice to see in general, and I like how the dosages are listen. Also, I like the digestive enzyme complex. One thing I'm a little torn on is the B-12. Methylcobalamin has a superior absorption rate to cyanocobalamin, so why include both of them in here? Still, it's good seeing the methylcobalamin.

While I typically don't advocate people taking calcium supplements, at least Universal used calcium citrate, as opposed to something like calcium carbonate. There is a complex with some good ingredients like hawthorne berry and milk thistle, however, they are in a blend so we have no idea how much is really in here.

Cons-
    Like many multi-vitamins with extras in them, a lot of the ingredients are going to be underdosed. Another gripe I have is with the magnesium oxide. I would like to see this in either a citrate or chelate form, as they have a higher bioavailability, and magnesium oxide can result in some bad bathroom trips if you catch my drift. I personally didn't have any issues there, but it does happen in some people.

While I do supplement with vitamin D (5000IU), I wish there were more in here. With all of the research showing the benefits, I'd like to see more than 680IU for 2 scoops. It would be nice to not have to take another pill. Same goes for Lutein. I like the ingredient, just for general eye health, but it needs to be a bit higher. Having it in there isn't bad though, and perhaps overtime it can be beneficial.

I had the orange flavor, and was really impressed. I've had the cherry in the past and really enjoyed it, but the orange flavor is even better. I haven't had orange juice in years, but this can be a great replacement. I typically sipped on this on my way to work, along with my breakfast shake I have every morning.

Dosing is one-two scoops a day. I went with 1, as 2 scoops would get quite expensive overtime. I eat pretty healthy, so any deficiencies I may have could easily be filled in with one serving of this, so I saw no huge benefit in taking 2 scoops anyways.

With everything in here, you can expect some sediment/floaties. It is still very drinkable and any grit I experienced was easily taken care of by reshaking my shaker cup.

Well, it's hard to tell how well a multi-vitamin is working, especially for me. I don't get sick very often, in fact I can't remember the last time I had the flu. Multi-vitamins are basically insurance, to fill in the gaps for deficiencies in your diet. My health habits tend to go through phases. Some weeks I am eating as healthy as Evan Centopani, and other weeks I'm eating out every day. I tend to eat healthy, but I still like to supplement with a little extra to make sure I'm getting in what I need.

For the most part, you have to look at the ingredient profile and make sure the forms of vitamins/minerals are not going to make you have any side effects.

One thing that makes me like Animal Pak so much are the "extras" they throw in. It's not just a MV, Animal Pak comes with some other ingredients like alpha-lipoic acid, choline bitartrate, a few digestive enzymes. While the profile is not perfect, there are still some beneficially ingredients in here that you won't "feel", but should appreciate.

You can get this for roughly $29. If you use 2 scoops, you're looking at $1.31, and $0.65 with 1 scoop. At 65 cents a day to simply give you a little bit of "insurance", I feel it is well worth the money. If you don't eat healthy and feel you are lacking in your micronutrients, $1.31 is a decent price to pay for your long-term health, although I'd highly recommend you clean up your diet instead.

Side Effects

Neon yellow urine, but that's normal with extra B-Vitamins.

Conclusion

While it is by no means perfect, it is still a solid option for most of us fitness enthusiasts. While a multi-vitamin can never replace a healthy diet, they can still be beneficial by making sure you're not deficient in anything. While there are certainly better products out there, I would have no problem considering this when I'm in the market for a MV again. For 65 cents a day, I'd say this is worth your money.

April 6, 2018

Pros:
     Cons:
    • Thermo Effect
    • Decent Value
    • Cool Container
    • Proprietary Blend
    • No Amount Of Caffeine Given
    • Packaging Could Get You In Trouble

I've seen this product for years and was always interested in trying it. No, it wasn't for the profile, or the fact that it is heavily marketed on bb.com.... It's all due to the cool container. Seriously, a cool looking Grenade! Even though the bottle is slightly annoying to open and close, and having this in your car could cause a MAJOR issue if a policeman sees it in your car as he pulls you over, it's just awesome, and I'll probably never throw it away.

To start, it's one big proprietary blend. While this trend is already outdated, I have a real problem with this product. The biggest issue I have is that they don't even list the amount of caffeine on the bottle! I think it's very important to track the amount of caffeine you take per day, and this is actually the sole reason I cannot recommend this product to anyone.

Either way, I'll list the ingredient panel first. This is per pill FYI.

Grenade Grenade Grenade Thermo Detonator Proprietary Blend 775 mg

Green Tea Extract (80% Polyphenols Epigallocatechin Gallate, 45% Epicatechin)
    Bitter Orange Extract (Synephrine, Octopamine, N-Methyltyramine, Tyramine, Hordenine)
    Caffeine Anhydrous (1,3,7-Trimethylxanthine)
    Grapefruit Seed Extract (6,7- Dihydroxybergamottin)
    Capsicum Annuum (Capsaicin)
    Evodiamine (Evodia Fructus Extract)
    Yohimbe Bark Extract (Yohimbine)
    Raspberry Ketones [4-(4-Hydroxyphenyl) Butan-2-One]
    Phenylalanine (2-Amino-3-Phenylpropanoic Acid)
    Cocoa Bean Extract (Methylxanthines, Flavanols)
    B-Pheneythylamine Hcl (B-Pea)
    Coleus Forskohlii (Forskolin)
    Yerba Mate Leaf (Caffeine, Theobromine And Theophylline)
    DMAE (Dimethylaminoethanol)

I actually like some of the ingredients in this. Green Tea is a great source of anti-oxidants and supports a healthy metabolism. Bitter Orange has synephrine, Yohimbe and Caffeine work very well together for fat loss. Forskolin may stimulate cAMP levels. I like Capsaicin as well, especially for the health benefits it has on digestion. With these ingredients, you should experience a nice boost in thermogenesis, at least until you build up a tolerance.

Not a huge fan of raspberry ketones to be honest, I've tried them in the past and never had any success. Kind of on the fence for Evodiamine. It may increase your body temp and be good for digestion/parasites, but more research needs to be done.

Either way, this is the "kitchen sink" type approach to formulating a fat burner. Some effective ingredients, and some that are over-hyped. Only issue is that we have no idea how much of each ingredient is in here. I went ahead an emailed Grenade several weeks ago, asking if they could at least disclose the amount of caffeine in here. I haven't heard anything back, so either their customer service is out to lunch, or they don't want me to know.

Pills, so no taste/mixability to talk about.

Dosing is easy. 1-2 pills upon waking, and 1-2 pills 6-7 hours later in the day. Makes it easy to adjust to your tolerance. I like to live on the edge, so I took 2 pills twice a day.

As I always do with all of my thermogenic reviews, I will break this into sections. Energy, appetite suppression, thermogenesis.

Energy: (8/10)

Pretty good energy out of 2 pills. The first time I took Grenade, I got a huge rush of energy, after a small stim-break. It actually took me by surprise and I had to eat something to lower the yohimbe jitters. Of course my tolerance kicked in after a week, but I still had at least some sort of energy boost every time I took these.

Appetite Suppression: (8/10)

Grenade was solid in the category. I was able to easily hit my daily macro targets, without feeling like I was starving. While not the best I've ever used, I still had a positive experience, and didn't feel like I was depriving myself of food. This is actually the most important rating to any fat burner for me.

Thermo Effect: (7/10)

I worked up a sweat the first few times I took this, which I attribute to the yohimbe and synephrine in here. Of course, I gained a tolerance and didn't notice too much from it after about a weeks use. I've used plenty of fat burners which provide at least some sweating/thermogenic effect even after the first 2 weeks, so I have to mark this one down slightly.

I was able to lose a little over 3lbs in the 25 days I ran Grenade, so 1lb a week. This all came down to my diet and cardio of course. Grenade simply helped me get there by suppressing my appetite (my biggest issue) and giving me a boost in energy. So overall I'm happy with my results, but I do feel that there is room for improvement from Grenade.

I've seen some people say that this is expensive. Not sure what they are talking about, as I was able to get this for $26 on Amazon. I got the 100 capsule size, which lasted me 25 days, as I took 2 pills twice daily. So even using it to the max, it lasted me almost a month and was barely over $1 per day. Compared to other fat burners out there, it's either on par, or even better. I wouldn't consider paying more than $30 for this though.

Side Effects

My own fault, but the second day I took this I got some nausea and anxiety after taking my second dose. Of course, it was my own fault for taking more yohimbe than I could tolerate at the time, so just know that Grenade used a decent amount of yohimbe in here.

Conclusion

While Grenade was fairly effective for fat loss, I am doing something a little controversial here. I simply can't give this a green thumb due to the proprietary blend. Yes Grenade worked fairly well, but there are so many other well-formulated products on the market that I don't see any excuse for the use of a proprietary blend that doesn't even disclose the amount of caffeine. I may have given Grenade a green thumb otherwise. Feel free to neg me or comment on why you may disagree with this point.

If you want a cool looking bottle with pills that will provide you with some good appetite suppression and decent energy, these might be worth looking at, but there are plenty of other options out there which don't hide behind proprietary blends that work just as good if not better.

9.3
    Thanks to MA Labs for sending it out!
      March 20, 2018

Pros:
     Cons:
    • Massive Pumps
    • Performance Increase
    • Well-formulated
    • Very Clumpy In Tub
    • Needs To Be Weighed Out

After a recommendation from my friend Bob K, I decided to take a look at this product. MA-Labs is a small company, something I would probably look over. However, when I took a look at the profile for MA-Pump, and saw the high dose of GMS and Sodium Nitrate, I got excited. I have to thank Mike Arnold for sending me out a tub. It's great to see owners who stand behind their products.

Like CelluVol, this is a LOADED pump product. There is everything you need and more.

To start, we get 8 grams from dextrose. I am not a fan of dextrose perso...

To start, we get 8 grams from dextrose. I am not a fan of dextrose personally, but 8 grams pre-workout shouldn't hinder your performance, if anything it should help. Of course, I'd like to see carbs from cyclic dextrin or Carb10. At 8 grams though, it doesn't make a huge difference anyway.

Arginine-eNos-Nitric Oxide Pathway

This is the first blend, which consists of the following ingredients.
    8 grams- Citrulline Malate (2:1)
    Nitrosigine- 1 gram
    CAPROS- 250mg

8 grams of citrulline malate is pretty good. I personally prefer L-Citrulline on its own, but I'm not against CM either. The Nitrosigine is at one gram. The clinical dose is 1.5 grams, but its better to 1 gram than the usual 750mg. 1 gram should help provide a pump either way. Now the Capros (Indian Gooseberry) is very interesting. I hadn't done a ton of research on it up until recently, and there are actual human studies proving its effectiveness. Great for cardiovascular health and a powerful antioxidant.

eNOS Cofactor Preservation Pathway
    500mg of vitamin c.

Sounds a bit funny to put a huge emphasis on this ingredient. I've heard somewhere that vitamin c does preserve and aid in pumps, supposedly by neutralizing free radicals which break down NO. Pretty basic dose at 500mg.

Nitrate-Nitrite-Nitric Oxide Pathway

1.5 grams of Sodium Nitrate. I love nitrates for pumps, always seem to give me the most "dense" pumps. The kind that makes your muscles feel like they are made out of steel, or brick, or something like that.

Plasma Expansion Agent

5 grams of HydroMax. Like Celluvol, this high dose of GMS got me excited about this product. Really high dose, about 2-3 times that of the average.

Intracellular Muscle Volumizing Complex

Micronized creatine monohydrate at 4 grams. Technically under the usual 5 gram dose, 4 grams of creatine mono should be enough for many of us.

Betaine Anhydrous at 3 grams. Not a bad dose here, considering I've seem companies put way less than this.

Finally, we have Taurine at 2 grams.

As you can see, this product is pretty loaded. While slight changes could be made (putting Nitrosigine at 1.5 grams and changing the CM to L-Citrulline), MA-Pump provides plenty to help you get a great pump, and who doesn't want that? What really got me excited, besides the glycerol mono, was the sodium nitrate. I am a big fan of arginine nitrate, and I've used sodium nitrate in the past with success, but with lower dosages.

Taste- There is only only flavor, Black Cherry Lemonade. It isn't bad, but nothing I'd go out of my way to drink. Not the smoothest drink I've ever tasted, but drinkable for sure.

Mixability- 7/10

One of the first warnings I got from the owner, is that the product is EXTREMELY clumped up while in the tub. Seriously, it is like a brick and can actually be cut with a butter knife. This makes it pretty hard to measure out actually, and I'd advise getting a scale to get the 34 gram serving. Once you measure out 34 grams and throw it in water, it instantly disperses. I had a leftover nasty clump twice, but that could have resulted in lackluster shaking on my end. I'd advise shaking this and letting it sit for a few minutes and shaking again. You kind of have to scoop this out like ice cream, and when you do pack the the scooper twice, you usually end up with 34 gram serving.

Dosing: 2 scoops, just have to pack them in due to the powder being so dense/clumpy.

Well, looking at the profile, how can this not work? I took this once with while on a keto diet, and actually got some results, which was impressive, but of course stopped to really gauge how effective MA-Pump would perform. Just thought I'd mention that. Sometimes I took this with a caffeine pill, Brainbridge, or energy drink (half of a Hyde Power Potion or Bang). I prefer to load up on pump ingredients for my workouts these days as opposed to just loading myself up with caffeine and DMHA and have those carry me through my workouts.

Pumps were great on this and seemed to be long-lasting. I experienced some crazy pumps, and they seemed to hit me fast. The pumps seemed to stay with me between sets, like letting go of the weight didn't relieve the pressure too much. Of course the pumps would subside, but it just seemed to take a few seconds longer than usual to get some relief. Made my legs feeling like they were about to pop on some days, which I usually don't enjoy, but for some reason, I didn't mind as much during this run.

This product does exactly what it is meant to do, provide a pump, increase muscle volumization/fullness. I got caught checking myself out in the mirror on several occasions... no shame! One thing to note is that the longer my workouts went, the better the pump would get. This is something that does not happen often, as many other pump products seem to shine for a good portion of the workout, but may start to fall off towards the end, and also may take several sets or exercises to really kick in. This isn't the case with MA-Pump, and the only other pump products to actually do this were Gaspari's Plasmajet and Celluvol.

There was an increase in performance as well. No PRs were broken, but I just seemed to keep my strength consistent without having the lower the weight as my workouts went on. This is expected with creatine, taurine, and betaine of course. Just longer workouts where I didn't seem to run out of gas/pumps towards the end. This is more of a 2-in-1 product, pumps and performance!

With such a loaded product, you can expect to pay a bit more. While at first glance, the $56.99 seems a bit high for 20 servings. However, the owner has a coupon code that can be easily attained. Arnold20 will get you 20% off, which brings this down to $45.59. While still $2+ per serving, you're getting a solid profile, along with betaine and creatine mono. Comparing to MPA Supps, it's not as great on value, but it still provides you with a great pump product along with some ergogenic aids and a decent price.

Side Effects

Conclusion

MA-Labs is a lesser known brand on the market which deserves more publicity. The owner knows how to formulate a great pump product, and I hope I see more from MA-Labs in the future. With my green thumb, I'm not really saying that this is a staple product, but it is worth buying at least once at $46, to see how a massive dose of glycerol mono and sodium nitrate will treat you. Just be sure to have a scale on hand in order to measure out each serving.

March 3, 2018

Pros:
     Cons:
    • High-quality Casein
    • Tastes Good
    • No Sleep Hangovers
    • Restful Sleep

So roughly 5-6 years ago, I was a yougin working at GNC. I had the pleasure of using a product that really stood out to me. Beyond Raw Re-Feed! This was my favorite GNC product at the time, and I even reviewed it here on SR. Check out the review here: https://supplementreviews.com/gnc/beyond-raw-re-feed

Well, times change, and products fade away. You won't find Re-Feed anywhere, which saddens me, but GNC may have finally done something great again. I'm here to review Iso-Casein PM. Iso Casein PM is a protein powder/sleep aid product. Since many of us do the bro thing and eat a slow-digesting protein before bed, I actually think its a great idea.

Looking at the ingredient profile, the first thing you'll notice is that it is Micellar Casein Isolate, a high-quality form of casein. This form of casein ensures that there is no sandiness to it, and that the casein itself is found exactly how it is in milk. Some processing methods denature casein, this one doesn't.

For people that don't know what casein is... it is a slow digesting protein derived from milk. It is more satiating than whey and is popular among lifters as a nighttime meal.

The label is broken up into sections, I'll list each one:

BCAA
      L-Leucine- coming from both the protein powder and as a free form bcaa. You get 2.7 grams.
      Iso-Valine- 1.5 grams (from the casein itself)
      Iso-Leucine- 1.3 grams (from the casein itself.

Nothing too big to note here. The MPS should start pretty quickly due to the free form leucine in here.

Relaxation & Restful Sleep
      Glutamic Acid & Glutamine- they added L-Glutamine to this, leaving this part at 10 grams. I am personally not a huge glutamine fan, however, there are plenty of others here on SR who swear by it.
      Tryptophan- from the casein. This converts to 5-HTP. Good for sleep cycles and overall mood. Here you get 300mg
      Suntheanine (L-Theanine)- pretty well known ingredient for its relaxation benefits. Here you get 200mg.
      Melatonin- 3mg, which is a pretty common dose. I used to be against a dose this high, however, I've been getting good results from it from recent sleep products I've been using.

Digestive Enzmes
      ProHydrolase- this is an enzyme which helps break down protein.
      Lactase- enzyme that breaks down lactose.

As for macros, one scoop will give you the following:
      0.5f
      4c (2 sugar)
      25p
      120 calories

This should be easy enough to fit in your diet. I'm going to assume the 2 grams of sugar are lactose, which is why GNC added lactase.

Overall, the profile is not as good as Re-Feed, but still rounds out to a good nighttime product. I really wish they would have added valerian, as I feel that's what made Re-Feed so great.

I had the vanilla flavor, and it was quite enjoyable. No bad aftertaste or anything like that. No issue here.

It isn't as thick as other casein products I have had. Slightly thicker than whey concentrate, but not too far off. I did note a slight graininess from time to time, no big deal and it was actually quite enjoyable. One thing I have to note is that the powder is very fine and disperses quite easily in the air. It can make a mess if you're not careful. Never had a clump, which is always good.

One scoop 30-45 minutes before bed is as easy as it gets.

I'm going to break this up into categories like I usually do with sleep products. As for the protein itself, you're not going to notice much due to this being a protein powder. No stomach issues to speak of. Good on all parts there.

Getting to sleep: 7/10

After running MHP's sleep product, this was a bit different. While I had no issue getting to bed, I can't say I was able to sleep any easier than usual. It didn't hinder me, but it just wasn't noticeable like MHP's product was.

Staying Asleep: 8.5/10

Once I fell asleep, I had no problems staying asleep. Of course, once in a while I had to get up at 3am to go to the bathroom, but even the best sleep aids won't hinder that all the time. Had some good restful nights on this.

Mornings: 8/10

I had little issue getting out of bed in the morning. By no means did I wake up earlier than usual ready to jump out of bed and take on the day, but still, there was no sleep hangover to speak of.

This product is actually pretty affordable. $40 for 25 servings. You can get casein for around $29 from Dymatize (26 servings). The added benefit of melatonin and other relaxation ingredients isn't bad either. You could get the other ingredients, like melatonin really cheap. ON melatonin can be found for under $3/100 servings (3mg). I personally don't have an issue spending $40 on this, but I'd recommend trying melatonin on its own with a basic micellar casein product first before you grab this for the extra relaxation ingredients in here. (Theanine and Tryptophan)

Side Effects

Conclusion

Overall, I'm giving this an 8/10 because I will buy this product myself. I found myself looking forward to drinking it every night and while it was not the best sleep aid I've ever used, it is just strong enough to make me want to use it again. With my green thumb, I'm basically saying that this product is a great way to end your day, and is worth taking a look at. I won't make this a staple, as a phenibut run is always fun, but if you're in the market for a nighttime casein, this is worth trying at least once.

Overall
      Overall
      6.8
      6.6
        February 14, 2018

Pros:
       Cons:
      • Has DMAA
      • Mild Appetite Suppression
      • Blends
      • Dwindling Supply
      • Not As Good As OEP

This product gets quite a number of searches, and it's pretty easy to see why. We all know the infamous OxyElite Pro, which made DMAA famous, with Jack3d of course. While those were some fun days, the market has shifted to some safer supplements. Believe it or not, OEP still gets searches on here, which is quite funny.

You may not see this product anymore, as DMAA is well on its way out, but it is still available at many retail stores I've seen. I'm mainly reviewing this for fun actually, as I may soon have to mark this as discontinued.

...

The profile is not the same as OEP, but still has some similarities. Same amount of caffeine(100mg) per pill, and DMAA in a blend. I've used both DMAA and DMHA. I can say I got better mental focus out of DMHA, but DMAA gave me more of a euphoric feeling.

The first ingredient in the blend is Bauhinia Purpurea. All I could find on this ingredient is that it may help with your thyroid, however, the only study I was able to find was one on rats.

Next we have Bacopa. I actually really like bacopa, mainly as a brain function supplement. I've used it in the past and loved the anxiety/mental clarity effects I got from it. It's in a blend here, and I highly doubt it is dosed high enough, as I didn't notice any effects I have received in the past.

Cirsium Oligophyllym has some studies on rats, all I could find there. May help with fat loss, but nothing conclusive. Last ingredient in this blend is alpha-yohimbine. This is actually a solid ingredient for fat loss, however, I have a big issue with not knowing how much is in this blend. With the high risk of side effects from yohimbine, especially alpha-yohimbine, I see no reason to ever keep the amount hidden.

Lastly, we have Garcinia, that Dr. Oz product that seems to have died out over the past couple of years. Standardized for 60% hydroxy citric acid, which is on par with many other ingredients on the market.

Pills so there is no taste or mixability.

Dosing is exactly like OEP, which is 1-2 pills in the morning, and 1 later on in the day. I typically just took 2 caps in the morning, as I like to enjoy an energy drink midday as opposed to just popping a pill. Caps are slightly big, which some may have trouble taking.

I'll break this up into categories.

Energy:(7.2/10)

With DMAA, I had high hopes for this product. I was a bit disappointed to be honest. I got a mild energy boost at best, nothing compared to OEP. Almost feels like there maybe a sprinkle of DMAA in here. No real rush of euphoria like I wanted, but still better than a cup of coffee to get my day rolling.

Appetite Suppression:(7.5/10)

Not bad here, I typically fasted until around noon while on this, maybe a protein shake in the AM from time to time. I never had an issue waiting until noon or so to eat my real first meal of the day. It wasn't great appetite suppression, as it didn't last any longer than lunch, still being able to wait until 1pm some days before eating without struggling isn't bad either. In the words of Jim Carey, "I've had better".

Thermo Effect:(5/10)

There wasn't a big thermo effect with this. Some days I may have had a slight amount of sweat under my armpits, but nothing compared to other good fat burners I've used in the past. I added ThyroTwin to this one day, and noticed a big increase in sweat, so I was disappointed in this category as well.

As for results, that always comes down to diet. Fat burners are only supposed to help you reach your goals, not do the work for you. I dropped 5 lbs at one point while running this, but that was during keto, where losing that amount is normal. Now that I'm not on a ketogenic diet anymore, I am about 3lbs down from where I started, which isn't bad, but nothing close to some other products I've used in the past.

You can find this product for around $34.99. This price will go up, due to the availability of this product dwindling. (I am basing this value off of the price I got it at, now you'd probably have to pay a bit more for it due to it becoming less available)

For a 30-45 day supply, this is on par with many other fat burners on the market. Issue it, it does not work as well as many other products out there (which don't hide behind blends) at the same price, so I'm marking it down.

Side Effects

I didn't experience any, but some may be sensitive to DMAA or caffeine.

Conclusion

Well, this review is kind of bittersweet. The era of DMAA is coming to an end, which is both good and bad in my opinion. HydroxyElite was a great way to get my memberberries in before this too fades away from the market. It really wasn't that great of a thermogenic, I myself have had much better results with other fat burners, but it is still was pretty fun to run. I may actually pick up a bottle if I can find one and keep it for the distant future, if I ever need a DMAA fix. I just won't expect great results.

If you can find this, I'd recommend picking it up simply to keep around since DMAA is getting scarce.