BroteinBoy

Reputation

MVRs

Votes Cast

*Rookie League

Comments

*Rookie League

*Rookie League = only among other members in their first year on SR. BroteinBoy will be eligible for rookie league trophies for another 143 days.

Reviews by BroteinBoy

Thanks to AZÖTH for sending it out!
  December 14, 2017

Pros:
 Cons:
  • Improved Focus
  • Better Mental Clarity
  • Enhanced Cognition
  • No Prop Blends
  • Not Stim Heavy
  • Price

Whats up SR, wanted to drop my review of the well dosed Azoth 2.0. I chose to review this product as I recently started a podcast with some friends of mine as well as I began an MMA blog in my spare time just for fun and to get some thoughts out of my head and onto a platform. I figured why not see if a Nootropic can help me out, so with that said Shoutout to the guys over at Azoth for sending me some and the Trooper program for making it happen.

The first thing I look for with any ingredient profile is full disclosure, Azoth ticked that box by giving me a fully disclosed label, off to a great start. This product is jam packed with nootropic ingredients, and no stimulants, making it somewhat unique in the constantly growing Nootropic market. the label is as follows:

Ashwaganda - 500mg
Theacrine - 100mg
Hordenine HCL - 50mg
Bioperine - 10mg
Huperzine A - 100mcg

Wow, they included pretty much every focus and cognitive agent out there right now and in some very solid doses. I like the 10mg (double clinical dosage) of Bioperine to aid in the absorption of all those active ingredients as well.

This is a capsule form product, so the taste is not relevant. The capsules are of average size, easy to swallow and don't get stuck in your throat, all positives in my book. Dosing is 2-3 capsules with a light meal containing healthy fats.

Now lets get down to what really matters, does this work? the straight forward answer is yes, but let me break that down. My general experience with this product was: I would take a serving, kind of sit around and wait for some kind of noticeable boost, but it would never come. I felt discouraged the first time I took this as I was hoping for an immediate effect, but not wanting to waste time I began writing. Next thing I knew I looked up at the clock on the corner of my laptop and an hour and a half had passed and I had hammered out almost 5,000 words of half decent content and this was my experience with the rest of my run. This is what I was hoping for, it didn't kick me into gear per say, I never really felt any sharper, but when I would actually put my head down and work I was fully locked in and had no issue getting work done. The same went for podcasting, we would begin and I wouldn't feel any different, but as time went on I would notice myself remembering stats or names or whatever was being talked about faster then I would normally.

Overall I would say that with this it works best if you're already focused on a task or are going to try and get something specific done (such as study, write, work, etc) then it will keep you locked in and focused on that task, as well as aid in general cognitive function. If you are looking for something to push you in the "zone" this may not be your answer, you have to already be putting in the work to feel the full effects. impressive overall in my books.

the value is the only area that takes a hit in my books, one bottle is 15 servings and that retails for $34.99 on Azoth's website, but right now they have it listed as $24.99 (a sale I assume), or you can get 2 bottles (30 servings) for $69.99, which is very confusing because why wouldn't you just buy 2 x 15 serving bottles for $50?
1 serving @ $34.99 = $2.33 per serving
1 serving @ sale price of $24.99 = $1.66 per serving

Disregarding the current sale this is a high price point for a non essential supplement in my books, these "add on" supplements are great if you have the spare cash, but its clearly best to wait for a sale to come around.

Side Effects

Conclusion

In conclusion Azoth 2.0 does what it says it will do, you will have increases in Cognitive function and focus, but its important to remember that this is not a stimulant based product, so you may not feel the effects unless you are doing something that requires focus and brain function, you still have to put the effort in and then let this help you. However the high price point makes it worth waiting until a sale comes around. If you're a student or have a job that requires you to think on the fly and involves creativity or writing of any sort then I would definitely recommend giving this a try.

December 13, 2017

Pros:
 Cons:
  • Good Mood Enhancement
  • Decent Thermogenesis
  • No Proprietary Blends
  • Great Profile And Dosages
  • Fat Loss

Whats up SR, I decided to review OptiBurn Amped because I had heard so much about OptiBurn when it first came onto the scene and I wanted to see if the latest version was worthy of the hype. I train hypertrophy style workouts and my cardio comes in the form of Muay Thai and Boxing, as well as the occasional HIIT or Metcon on the weekend if I'm feeling it. Shout out to Platinum Labs and the Trooper program for hooking me up!

Right out of the gate I see a fully disclosed ingredient panel, love that, wish every company would disclose everything, well done PL. I'll keep it short and sweet here with the cliffnotes and will attach the full panel below.

N-Aceytl L- Carnitine - 2g (massive dose)
    CLA - 500mg
    African Mango Seed Extract - 300mg
    Caffeine Anhydrous - 250mg
    Dandelion Root - 200mg
    Higenamine HCL - 50mg
    Synephrine HCL - 30mg

The flavour I received was "Aussie Summer" reminded me of an Arnold Palmer style drink, aka fantastic. Really enjoyed this flavour and was easy to drink either in large amounts of water or small. Mixability was great, no floaters or sinkers, but I also constantly shake my supplements. Dosing is one scoop per day, which I took either as an afternoon pick me up, or a pre cardio/ combat sports workouts.

I'll break this down into key categories to keep things simple.

Energy: A very smooth energy boost, no cracked out stim feelings or out of control heart rates, picked me up gently but most importantly put me down the same way (no crash). Very much enjoyed this as an afternoon pick me up, felt like it woke me up just enough to keep me pushing without having to worry about a hard crash.

Mood/ Focus: Felt a significant mood boost while taking this, it was similar to a DMHA elevated state feel, felt more confident (weird I know) and just overall in a better mood, especially at work which can be stressful.

Thermogenesis: Definite warming feeling pretty quickly after ingestion. When taken pre cardio that warm feeling quickly turned into a dripping sweat and forced me to bring a towel to my sessions. Very impressive because while there was the warming sensation when taken in the afternoons for a boost, there was no dripping of sweat which would have been very uncomfortable.

Diuretic: Overall I do feel tighter while I ran this product, I drink a lot of water at work so frequent bathroom breaks are common for me anyways, no issues there.

Appetite Suppressant/ Hunger: I honestly don't have issues with appetite suppression, so I cant say that this increased my lack of hunger as Im not a frequent eater normally.

Actual Weight loss: During my run of this product I went from 213 pounds down to 203, while I cant attribute all of that loss to a fat burner (I was running a pretty strict Keto diet), I can say that this was a factor in losing a few of the extra pounds towards the end via pushing me through tough workouts.

This product has a fantastic value. Each tub contains 45 servings (true servings) and retails for around $35-$40, at less then a dollar per serving and the fact that one scoop is a true serving, the value is fantastic

Side Effects

Increases in sweat, don't take too close to bed time obviously.

Conclusion

In conclusion this may be my new favourite fat burner, top to bottom a great product all around that manages to give the user well dosed ingredients and doesn't "pixie dust". Clean energy and the mood boost alone were enough to sell me, throw in the increases in sweat and the shrinking number on the scale and you have one impressed customer. Now consider that it doesn't break the bank and you have yourself a return customer, well done Platinum Labs, well done.

December 13, 2017

Pros:
     Cons:
    • Better Sleep
    • Vivid Dreams At Times
    • No Prop Blends
    • Knock Out Sleep
    • Sleep Hangovers

Whats up SR, I chose to review this product because as someone who has night owl tendencies but wakes up very early to train (4:30am), I need something that can help put me down and keep me down during those restless nights. My training is currently hypertrophy style workouts in the mornings, although as winter arrives I am starting to focus on heavy compound lifts. At night I either train Muay Thai or Boxing, the boxing class runs late (not home until around 10:15pm at the earliest), and seeing as it is an intense workout or sparring session, I have trouble falling asleep. Thanks to Platinum Labs and the trooper program for sending this out!

The profile on this product is fully disclosed which is a major plus, but there are quite a few ingredients, for both sleep boosting/ aid as well as fat loss. So im only going to touch on the key ingredients and dosages for both of those points. I'll attach the full profile below.

Sleep Aid:

N-Aceytl L- Carnitine- 500mg
    Raspberry ketones - 100mg
    Green tea Extract - 100mg
    Dandelion Root Extract - 200mg

Overall a solid formula, clearly as this is a sleep aid all of the fat loss ingredients are non stim.

The flavour I received was the "Aussie Summer" flavour, wow was this ever nice to drink, tasted kind of like an Arnold Palmer style drink to me, very easy to take down before bed. Mixability was great, no floaters or sinkers. Dosage is a scoop before bed, but I did experiment with a range of dosages.

This is what really matters? Does this work? Well the answer is yes, but almost too well? I know that sounds ridiculous, but read the warning label carefully about making sure you have enough time to get a solid number of hours in bed. This put me on my back and kept me there. I was out cold the entire night while on this product, no tossing and turning, slept fantastic. However with that came a sleep hangover and a few snooze button hits, thats why this is almost too effective. On weekdays this was kind of tough because I would go to bed late and have to be up early, but on the weekends when I could sleep in this was amazing, I slept great and woke up feeling fantastic and refreshed. Be very careful when you dose this product, towards the end of the tub i did try messing around with a half scoop, and found this to be a perfect week day dosage, as the sleep hangover wasn't bad at all and I was able to get a good rest in. In terms of helping you fall asleep this was very effective as well, coming home late from boxing and being tired physically but mentally very alert this was able to help me gear down and I was asleep before I knew it, which I loved.

As for the fat burning I am not totally sure how to review it, yes I did lose weight while taking this product, but I was also in a caloric deficit and was working out like a mad man. So while yes Im sure this product did help me lose some pounds, i cant say to what extent any loss is due to OptiDreams. I would take this product as a sleep aid and not a fat loss supplement, any fat loss is just a bonus.

This product comes in at a price point of $34.99 for 30 servings, placing it at just over $1 per serving ($1.16), but if you can manage off a half serving like I learned towards the end then the value doubles, making it a great deal as an effective sleep aid.

Side Effects

Bad sleep hangovers, makes you want to hit the snooze button, so make sure you have a good amount of time in bed, or else you may be missing some alarms.

Also weird dreams, nothing nightmare like, but very abnormal dreams, this isn't a negative side effect, but something to note.

Conclusion

Overall this product is a very powerful sleep aid, one that isn't to be messed with, be careful and start with a low dose and work up to find what works for you. As a fat loss product I cant say that this would be a great stand alone product, so take this as a sleep aid and any other benefits (i.s fat loss) as the cherry on top. I would recommend this to anyone who has troubles falling or staying asleep, but make sure you tread carefully with dosing or risk facing a gnarly and groggy morning commute to work when you're late.

December 12, 2017

Pros:
     Cons:
    • Good Focus
    • Lacking Pumps

Whats up SR, I chose to try this product based on my current training program involving early morning (4:30am) lifting sessions, aka I need something to wake me up and turn off zombie mode. My training is currently hypertrophy based but as the weather gets colder I am transitioning into a more powerbuilding style with emphasis on heavy compound lifts. Thanks to Platinum Labs and the Trooper program for sending this my way.

Right out of the gate I noticed that this had a fully disclosed ingredient profile, something I love to see. I'll keep this section short and to the point only touching on what I feel is key, but I will attach the full profile below.

Pump Based Ingredients
    Agmatine Sulfate (AGMass) - 1g

Energy and Focus
    Caffeine Anhydrous - 250mg
    Choline Bitartrate - 500mg
    Theobromine - 100mg
    Juglans Regia (Root) Extract - 80mg (This is a natural form of DMHA)
    Higenamine HCL - 50mg

Strength and Endurance
    Beta Alanine - 2g
    Creatine HCL - 1g

The flavour I received was Watermelon, which I have to say was very impressive. Not overly sweet or sour, it was a very easy to drink flavour early in the morning, well done Platinum Labs. Mix-ability was perfect, no floaters or sinkers. Dosing is simple, one scoop before a workout. i did experiment and work up to about a 1.25 scoop as well.

I'll break down the effectiveness in the various things one looks for in a pre workout

Energy & Focus: the energy on this product was very solid, not blow your hair back stims, but a nice increase of energy without a major crash. This is clearly due to the not ridiculous caffeine dose, 250mg is perfect when combined with other stimulants in order to not over do it and leave the user feeling cracked out. The focus was an area I was very impressed with, I found myself dialed into my workouts, I will note that it was more of an elevated state type focus due to the DMHA, rather then a tunnel vision feeling. Personally I love the elevated mood and overall good feeling this gave me.

Endurance & Strength: Due to the solid dosing of creatine HCL I was able to notice an increase in my overall strength while running this product. I respond very well to Creatine HCL and a 1g dose is very generous for a pre workout, no major jumps in my lifts, but steady increases by the end of the tub. The endurance was also not an issue with the 2g of Beta Alanine, but I did notice there was no "tingles", some people love them and some hate them, Im personally indifferent, but something to note.

Pumps: This was the one area this product lacked for me, with the only pump based ingredient being Agmatine, while in a respectable dose it just simply wasn't enough to give me more then mediocre pumps and increases in blood flow. I would have loved to see some Citrulline or Glycerol.

The value of this may be one of its best qualities. It comes in a 40 serving tub, and due to it being a true one scoop serving that is 40 real servings (not 20 like some companies try and pull), and retails for an average of $39.99, making it right at a dollar per serving. A price I have zero issue with paying.

Side Effects

No side effects, no crash. Obviously do not consume close to bed time.

Conclusion

In conclusion this is a great pre workout for those looking for a smooth energy without a "cracked out" feeling or a crash, users can expect a nice increase in focus and a mood boost. While it does lack in pump ingredients there are ways around that (such as stacking with their pump product Black Ops) or for those who train powerlifting or Crossfit style this is perfect. I would personally recommend this to someone who is looking for an upgrade from a basic pre workout but who doesn't wanna jump into the deep end regarding heavy stimulants, this is a great middle ground.Factor in the solid price point and flavour, and you have yourself a very solid pre workout. Well done Platinum labs.

December 7, 2017

Pros:
     Cons:
    • Good Pumps
    • Low Doses

Whats up SR, I chose to review this product because the idea of pump formula that came with the added mental focus agents was very appealing to me. I train hypertrophy style workouts early in the morning but as the weather gets colder I am slowly shifting to a powerbuilding style of training. Shout out to Platinum Labs and the Trooper Program for hooking me up

Right out of the gate I see that the ingredient panel is fully disclosed, that is a big check mark right away in my books. The profile is relatively simple, I'll attach it below but here are some of the key ingredients:

Nitrosigine - 1g - Nitric oxide booster
    Agmatine Sulfate - 500mg - Muscle Pumps
    HydroMax (Glycerol) - 500mg - Muscle volumizer
    GPLC - 500mg - Mental Focus
    Choline Bitartrate - 500mg - Mental Focus

Okay so right off the bat we see that the main pump ingredients are under dosed, which isn't a great sign. At a two scoop serving that brings the dosing of key ingredients much closer to or at clinical range.

I chose the unflavoured version of this product so I could mix it with a stimulant based pre workout (Defcon1 by Platinum Labs), so flavour was not a factor for me. This didn't alter the taste of the pre workouts either, it did slightly change the texture, but not enough to be a negative note. Mixability was great, mixed well in a blender bottle. Dosing is one scoop before a workout, I used both a one scoop and a two scoop serving. One issue however was that as this contains Glycerol, clumping in the bottle was a major issue. I dont mind this personally as it means the dosing of glycerol is present, but something to keep in mind that you may have to take the time to break clumps apart before grabbing a serving.

Now to what really matters, does the stuff actually work? Yes, but I'll break that down into different categories and at will explain the differences between one and two scoops.

Pumps/ Muscle volume - the pumps were average at best on Black Ops in the one scoop serving, my workouts often have very high volume sets on smaller muscle groups (Arms, Shoulders) so I am used to getting a pump regardless of taking a supplement or not. This did add to the pumps slightly, but not enough to blow me away. However at a two scoop serving the increase in pumps was much more noticeable and I found myself getting a pump faster during my workout then on a single scoop.

Vascularity - This was by far the best part of this supplement for me. At a two scoop serving my vascularity became very prominent, especially on my arm workouts, I was having veins pop out of places I didn't even know existed. At a one scoop serving there was also a notable increase in vascularity, but as previously stated this was much better at two scoops. As a normally non vascular person I was very impressed with this

Mental Focus - this was a tough one for me a gauge, seeing as how I took this with a pre workout that also had mental focus ingredients, it was hard to tell where the benefits really came from. So I did run this product on its own for a few workouts and I can say I did see a slight increase in my focus and a slight tunnel vision effect, at two scoops this was very noticeable and I found myself locked into my workout.

This product has an above average value to make up for its under dosing, I have seen it on amazon as low as $22, making this well under $1 per serving, however at a two scoop serving the value does decrease as the effectiveness increases. At the end of the day this is an "add on" supplement, if you get a good deal its worth it to try.

Side Effects

Conclusion

In conclusion, while I did enjoy my training on this product in particular the increases in vascularity and mental focus. The under dosing of key ingredients does knock it down a few notches. Also factoring in the decent price point, this is something I would recommend giving a try if you can get a deal on it and I would stack it with a stimulant based pre workout. This is a fantastic addition to a pre workout stack, I just wish they had upped the dosages so I could stick to a single scoop.

Overall
    Thanks to NutraBio for sending it out!
      December 3, 2017

Pros:
     Cons:
    • Good Price
    • I Use It Daily
    • Super Clean Protein
    • No Fillers
    • Lactose And Gluten Free
    • Dissolves Effortlessly
    • Poor Taste
    • Light On Taste

Whats up SR, my first review in a little while. I chose to review this product as with my busy training and work schedule sometimes its hard to meet my nutrition needs and a protein shake is a perfect solution when Im on the go. My training is early morning Hypertrophy based but is beginning to lean towards a powerbuilding style with lots of heavy compound movements. I also train boxing and muay thai in the evening, so sometimes its hard to get all of my nutrients in. Shoutout to Nutrabio and the Trooper program for hooking this up!

This ...

This may be the easiest ingredient profile I have ever broken down. This product is exactly what it says it is, 100% whey protein isolate (non-denatured). Other then that you have some very basic flavourings and thickening agents. Very impressed with this, I love seeing a simple profile, clearly no amino spiking, big points for a label like this. I'll include a photo of the label for reference.
    The Marcos are:
    Protein: 25g
    Fat: 0
    Carbs: 2g

Very standard Macro breakdown.

The mixability is fantastic, much like many other isolate it mixes very easily and does not leave clumps or floaters. As it is an isolate, the texture is relatively "thin", which I personally do prefer. I personally dosed it at 2 scoops per serving but did also try a single scoop.
    The flavour is where this lost points for me. I received the Cinnamon Bun flavour, upon receiving my tub I immediately opened it and was shocked by how great it smelled. It smelled as though I had just walked into a Cinnabun. Wow was I excited to try this, threw a scoop in my shaker with a little water and... Nothing? It tasted like nothing, a very weak vanilla flavour with a cinnamon smell but zero cinnamon taste. Unfortunately at a 2 scoop serving the results were the same, extremely bland and left me very disappointed. I fiddled with the amount of water I used, from a small amount to a full shakers worth of water and every time was left drinking the same under flavoured protein shake. To be fair the flavour isn't bad, its mainly just non existent. Very disappointing after how great it smells. As someone who looks forward to a good tasting shake while dieting there is no bigger let down.

The effectiveness of a protein powder is very hard to gauge. As most of us know results come down to diet and training, this product did help me meet my diet needs and therefore I can say that it was effective as a meal replacement and it helped me hit my protein requirements for the day. I also had zero stomach issues on this product which is a major plus and found it very easy to digest. Dosed at 2 scoops per serving this is an effective isolate protein that can be used as a post workout shake or a meal replacement if stuck in a jam. This is also lactose and gluten free, thus making it a very viable option for people who must avoid either.

This retails for $39.99 on average, with it being around 30 scoops per 2lb tub you are looking at $1.33 per serving, not bad for a well put together isolate of a very high quality. Like most proteins you get what you pay for, and for a quality as high as this product, you can expect to pay. Also like other proteins, the dollar value is better in a larger tub, so keep that in mind if considering this product.

Side Effects

No side effects, no stomach issues.

Conclusion

In conclusion this product is exactly what it says it is, a high quality isolate protein, with a great macro profile this is a fantastic option for post workout shakes and to help make the most of those hard workouts. However the flavour was such a let down that I struggle to really give this product a raving review, maybe the other flavours are better? But after reading other reviews it seems that many of the other options may be lacklustre as well. If you make a post workout or morning smoothie this may be a great option as it does not have a strong enough flavour to over power and could work well with fruits and other ingredients. Overall the product is very solid and is a clean protein which means it will be effective in helping you hit macronutrient goals and aid in recovery, but the flavouring lacked severely so for that reason it loses a lot of points in my books.

Overall
    Thanks to NutraBio for sending it out!
      November 2, 2017

Pros:
     Cons:
    • Superb Taste
    • Reduces Doms
    • Helps With Recovery
    • Rehydrates
    • Increases Hydration
    • A Little Expensive

Whats up SR, wanted to give my thoughts on the intraworkout from NutraBio Intra Blast. I currently train 5-6 days per week in the early mornings, mainly hypertrophy based work but starting to incorporate more powerlifting style movements/ rep schemes into my program, along with Boxing and Muay Thai in the evenings. So clearly recovery is very important to me, so thats why I chose this product to review. Shoutout to NutraBio and the Troops program for sending this out to me!

The profile on this product was one of my main reasons for selecti...

The profile on this product was one of my main reasons for selecting it, the sheer size and number of ingredients jumped out at me right away. Factor in that this isn't a proprietary blend, and I was sold. Now the ingredient list is very extensive, so in order to keep this to the point I am only going to touch on the key components in my review, I'll link the full blend in the photos below to show the full nutritional label:

BCAA's 7.2g in a 2:1:1 ratio of Leucine (3.6g)/ Iso Leucine (1.6g) and Valine (1.6g), this is the clinically studied ratio for BCAA's which is always great to see. They also used Naturally fermented BCAA's that aren't sourced from any hair or animal by-products. BCAA's aid in muscle recovery as well as increasing in protein synthesis.

EAA's - 2.8g of a full profile of Essential Amino Acids, covers all of you Amino bases.

Glutamine - 5g , a full clinical dose to aid in recovery as well as immune boost, very impressed by this sized dose, no "pixie dusting" here

Betaine Anhydrous - 2g to promote protein synthesis and muscle gains

Taurine and Electrolyte Blend - 2.8g to help with hydration, this is essential for someone like me as I am currently on a Ketogenic style diet, and I need the electrolytes more then the average person to help my body stay hydrated.

I received a tub of the new Sweet tea Flavour, having read others reviews and seeing many weren't huge fans of the flavour I will respectfully have to disagree, this flavour absolutely killed it in my books. Maybe because I'm not from the south and not a big sweet tea drinker, but this flavour was fantastic to me, very smooth and not overly sweet. Honestly one of my favourite BCAA flavours I have ever tried. Mixability was perfect, no floaters or sinkers. Dosing was standard, one scoop in 12-16oz of water and taken during exercise. This was the dosing I used.

This is a product taken to aid in both recovery and improving workouts and I can say that it did certainly do both of those things for me. While BCAA's are nice they are not make or break supplements, so keep that in mind when I go over the effects. For me personally while taking the Intra Blast I did notice that my DOMS (delayed onset muscle soreness), aka the best/worst part about working out were significantly decreased and I found myself able to feel better after hard workouts the following morning. In regards to improving my workouts this did have an effect for me as well, the electrolyte blend was fantastic for me as I never found myself feeling dehydrated or dry during my workouts, I was able to push through intense cardio sessions at the end or my workouts and not feel like totally dying. Overall did this help me gain muscle? No I cant say that it did. But did it help with my recovery and decreasing soreness while making workouts more bearable? Yes it certainly did.

The value on this product is the only area where I was able to locate a downside, this retails for 39.99 on the NutraBio website for a 30 serving tub, placing this at 1.33 per serving, which may seem steep when compared to other BCAA's. However you have to take into account that this is not a simple BCAA, this is also giving you a full dosage of Glutamine, Betaine and Electrolytes, so it is essentially 4 products in one, this does help bring the marks back up in my books.

Side Effects

No side effects for me.

Conclusion

Overall this is my new favourite Intraworkout supplement. I was impressed by the label and even more impressed by the flavour and the results I achieved. This is a product I looked forward to taking every day and helped push me through some grinding workouts while also satisfying my sweet tooth during a diet. I would certainly recommend this product to anyone who trains with intensity, it will make the workout easier and the getting out of bed the next morning easier as well. Well done NutraBio.

Overall
    Thanks to Outbreak Nutrition for sending it out!
      October 16, 2017

• Solid Thermo Effect
    • Capsimax Spice

Whats up SR, with winter approaching and the sun officially going away for the season I figured I may as well try and shed those last few pounds before it becomes hoodie weather. My training is currently hypertrophy style workouts in the early mornings with cardio (either HIIT or Boxing/ Muay Thai) 5 days a week, and some other new methods Im trying out such as hot yoga (don't make fun of me too much) and running to burn off some pounds on the weekends (cardio - 7 days a week). Shoutout to Outbreak Nutrition and the SR Trooper program for sending some of this my way. ...

Before purchasing any product the first thing I look at is the ingredient profile. Right away I saw that this was not a proprietary blend and has several interesting ingredients. I'll include a photo of the profile at the bottom. In order to keep this short and sweet i'll just highlight the key points:

Acetyl L-Carnitine - 1g
    Caffeine - 300mg
    Coleus Forskohlii (Root) 20% Forskolin - 100mg - Powerful Thermogenic and appetite surpressant
    Juglans regia extract (bark) - 80mg - This is a naturally occurring form of DMHA
    Theacrine - 50mg
    CapsiMax - 50mg
    Citrus Aurantium (Synephrine) - 30mg

The flavour I received was the "Dark Berry Blend" I was very pleasantly surprised by the flavour and quite enjoyed the taste, more of a blueberry/ strawberry taste then other berry flavours I have tried. Mixability was solid, one factor to note is that with the dose of CapsiMax there will be some floaters and sinkers, these are basically pure pepper flakes and if you manage to bite one or get one stuck in your mouth then you had better be prepared for an intense heat wave and burning sensation. This never happened to me while using this product, but I have had it before and it is awful, with that said its a good idea to constantly keep swishing/ stirring the reclaim around between sips to avoid this. Dosing is listed as one scoop. i used one scoop (as suggested) about 30 minutes before either my cardio sessions or my Boxing/ Muay Thai, typically after a light meal. So I can not comment on the effects of taking this for fasted workouts/ cardio

In order to keep it short and to the point I'll break down the effectiveness into the applicable categories one looks for in a fat burner/ thermo. As previously stated I used this pre cardio/ Martial Arts training.

Energy and focus: The energy I got from Reclaim was very noticeable, within a few minutes of ingestion I found myself starting to "wake up" and become more alert. By the time I arrived at the gym I was certainly ready and excited to get my session under way. From a focus standpoint I did not notice much, other then the overall increase in alertness, I did not feel any major changes in focus.

Thermogenic effects: Now this is where this product impressed me very much. Within 15 minutes of ingestion I could literally feel my body warming up, it started slow but eventually came on very strong. The first time I took this was before a boxing workout, I finished my drink right as I walked through the doors, by the time I had my hands wrapped and my shoes tied I could feel myself becoming very warm. We started off with a light warm up, skipping for 5 minutes and by the end of that I was literally dripping with sweat. Im talking t shirt well on its way to being soaked and sweat beads falling off of my nose. For the entire tub this was the effects I received every time I took Reclaim pre cardio. Not in a negative manner but on certain days it was almost too powerful, on days when I would stay late and spar I had to take my Reclaim earlier because I was so sweat soaked when I got home that I found it tough to get to sleep. That just shows the effects of the thermo compounds used in Reclaim.

Appetite Suppressant: I cant really comment on the appetite suppressant aspect of Reclaim as I usually ate a small meal before and a small meal before bed, so this was not an effect I really desired from this product. Perhaps if I was having issues binge eating after cardio this may have helped.

Actual weight lost: Let me start off by saying that I did lose weight while taking this product. However I can not attribute the weight lost to this. I started a Ketogenic diet in early September and I have lost around 10 pounds since that point, while I am certain aReclaim helped from the stand point of thermogenics and pushing me through my cardio workouts. Losing weight is calories in vs. calories out, Reclaim will help get the calories out, but if you're diet isn't on point then it is useless to think you can out supplement a bad diet.

Reclaim retails for $34.99 on the Outbreak Nutrition website, I am sure there is a better price point out there somewhere, but nothing I have seen. $34.99 gets you 30 servings, at a true one scoop serving the value on this is decent at $1.16 per serving.

Side Effects

Excessive sweating (good in my opinion, but worth noting) and seeing as this product is Stimulant potent, do not consume too close to sleep time or you may suffer troubles falling asleep.

Conclusion

Overall I was very impressed with Reclaim by Outbreak Nutrition. This product really stood out from a thermogenic standpoint, with very noticeable effects in increasing body temperature and increases in sweat output. Energy wise this is also effective and may be the extra kick someone needs to get out for a run before their vacation somewhere tropical. If you can find a good price on this and can manage to avoid the CapsiMax flakes then you're in for one potent stimulant and thermogenic ride.

Thanks to Magnum Nutraceuticals for sending it out!
      October 7, 2017

Pros:
     Cons:
    • Deep Sleep
    • Cool Looking Capsules
    • Quality Ingredients
    • Melatonin Dose Too High

Whats up SR, doing my first review of a sleep aid product. I train in the early mornings (4:15 wake up time) and usually get around 6 hours of sleep a night, sometimes more, sometimes less. That was my reason for choosing this product through the Trooper program is I wanted something that would help me maximize my small sleeping window and allow me to get my rest and thus recover better. I train hypertrophy style workouts (at a high intensity) with a new emphasis on heavy compound movements as well as Martial Arts training in the evenings. So shout out to Magnum and the Trooper program for making this possible.

Right off the bat shout out to Magnum for listing the dosages and not just throwing this into a big prop blend, great to see. The ingredient list is extensive and for that reason Im going to try and keep this as simple as I can. The profile will be linked as a photo below. Here are some of the highlights:

Dose - 4 pills
    Melatonin - 20mg (5mg per pill): this is a huge dosage of melatonin
    Puerarin - 100mg: a relatively new ingredient on the market, claims to aid in GH (Growth Hormone) release
    Mucuna Pruriens (Velvet Bean) (50% L-Dopa) - 300mg: Can help in regards to test/ GH as well as Dopamine relase
    DMAE Bitartrate - 100mg: supposedly aids in reducing cognitive decline

Taste is a non factor as this is a pill form supplement. Dosing is 4 pills before bed time. This is where things are a little confusing for me, because on the website (Magnums) the profile listed shows that the dosage is 2 pills before bed time, yet my bottle states dosage is 4 pills. very confusing. I did experiment with dosing at 2 pill and 4 pills, which I will break down further in the Conclusion section of this review.

I'll break this down into several categories to keep things simple and moving along:

Sleep quality: This is where I found G- Spring to really help me the most. When you get as little sleep as I do it is essential that every second counts. When i took G- Spring my sleep quality did in fact improve, I track my sleep through an app called "Sleep Cycle" and I did in fact have an increase in my sleep percentage (0-100, the higher the better) from my average of 65% to around 72%, while that may look like a small increase it was noticeable to me. I woke up feeling better rested. Found myself yawning less the following day after taking g-Spring, while still averaging the same amount of sleep per night, perhaps due to the increase in sleep quality.

Putting me to sleep: This was also another area of effectiveness that was prominent in my trial of G- Spring, about 20 minutes after ingestion I was ready to hit the bed, not enough to really out you down, but certainly enough to relax the mind and the body. This was a major plus for me. Slept like a rock mostly, very little tossing and turning and did not find myself waking up through the night. One benefit of a pill formula vs a powder is sometimes with a powder you may wake up during the night needing to pee, no issues with that in regards to a pill form supplement.

Recovery: Honestly no real noticeable increase in recovery from a muscular standpoint for me, however I feel like mentally it did help me recover whether it was a stressful day at work or my mind was racing for whatever reason, this helped slow me down.

This is where G- Spring takes a hit for me. Following the 4 pill dosage, the bottle will last you 24 days. With a retail of between $42.99- $49.99 this product does not come cheap, on the low end you're looking at $1.79 per serving. Not ideal in terms of price per serving in my opinion. If you can get away with a half serving (2 pills) then the price point is much better, but some people may lose some of the effects at that dosage.

Side Effects

I did have some side effects on this product.
    Morning Sleep Hangover: When taking the 4 pill dosage I did find myself having a slight hangover like feeling when first waking in the morning. 20mg of Melatonin is a huge dose, so I suspect this is the culprit. Luckily this did not last long, once I was physically out of bed it seemed to fade rather quickly, but it did make hitting the snooze button slightly more tempting then normal.
    Dreams: as with most sleep aids this did have an effect of my dreams. Gave me all sorts of wild and crazy dreams, nothing bad so this is not a negative side effect, just something to note.

Conclusion

In conclusion, G- Spring is an effective sleep aid and sleep improvement supplement. While it may not live up to some of its claims in regards to recovery, it will certainly help you fall asleep and once you are asleep, you will sleep through the night and will feel like you've had a better rest the next day. My personal favourite was dosing this at 2 pills (half a serving) I found that to be effective in regards to helping improve my sleep while not leaving me feeling sluggish the next morning. I wish this product had a better price point as that would make it more favourable in my eyes, however as with any supplement you get what you pay for and Im sure there is some sort of sale where one could get a better price point. Overall effective in regards to sleep, but lacking in recovery and price range. If sleep is a real area of need for you I would honestly jump off the wallet and give this a try, you just might find it worth the extra bucks.

Overall
    Thanks to Kratos Nutrition for sending it out!
      October 6, 2017

Cons:

Whats up SR, Im back with yet another pre workout review (clearly my favourite products to review). I train in the early morning hours therefore I have been known to need a little kick to get me going when Im on my way to a workout. My training style is hypertrophy based but have recently started focusing on improving my compound movements with more strength based training coming into play. I took a look at this products profile and decided it would be worth a shot, so shout out to Kratos Nutrition for sending me out a tub to try and to the Trooper program for always bringing in cool new brands.

The profile of Initiate was what initially drew me in. Firstly, no proprietary blend garbage, love that. Second I noticed that the profile was very simple, yet well dosed, I'll go over the profile below, I like to keep things simple so I'll only touch on the things that may be different from a typical pre and certain dosage ranges.

L- Citrulline - 4g - this is a good dosage for pumps and blood flow
    Beta Alanine - 3.2g - clinically dosed for muscular endurance
    Beet Root Extract - 500mg
    N-Acetyl L-Tyrosine - 350mg
    Caffeine Anhydrous - 250mg - a very solid dose, glad they didn't over do it with the caffeine
    2- Aminoisoheptane - 150mg (This is DMHA at a decently sized dosage)
    Caffeine Citrate - 75mg - multiple caffeine sources is always a plus
    Theacrine - 50mg

Now as you can clearly see they didn't mess around while formulating this product, very simple, DMHA and multiple caffeine sources for the stimulants, which is always nice to see.

The flavour I was sent and as far as my research shows the only flavour they have available is Lemon Lime, this typically is not my favourite flavour to go for. However it was plaesent, not too sweet, not super bitter, easy enough to drink. Mix-ability was perfect as to be expected with a pre, no floaters or sinkers. Dosage is very simple, a single scoop serving size (based on the stims I would not go over that).

I like to break effectiveness down into simple categories in order to be straight to the point.

Energy: Fantastic energy boost from this product, didn't instantly wake you up, but a gradual turning up of the energy which was very nice in the morning, I would drink this on the way to the gym and by the time I was done warming up I felt like I could run through a wall (figuratively). No crash coming down from this product either which I was very happy about.

Focus: The focus was very solid with this pre, however with the DMHA it was more of an elevated state type focus rather then a tunnel vision/ locked in focus. Mood was another factor that I found notably improved with this, the elevated state led to me feeling generally pretty great in the morning workouts.

Endurance: Very solid, with the clinically dosed Beta Alanine at 3.2g there were no issues with my muscular endurance and I was certainly feeling the tingles during my warm up and early sets.

Pumps: The pumps were lacking if I am being honest, they were decent, but not great. Personally I would have liked to see some Agmatine in the formula as I find I react very well to Agmatine when dosed in the 1g range. Perhaps even some HydroMax to get the muscle volume increased would have been a benefit as well.

Power: My muscle power was solid on this product. With a lack of a creatine of an ATP booster of any sort I cant say that any boosts in strength I had were specifically from this pre workout. But I certainly had no issues moving heavy weights with the stimulant punch this product has.

Value is where this product loses some slight points, retail on this is 49.99 at 30 servings per tub, that runs 1.66 per serving. Not ideal in terms of price point, however if bought from Kratos's website they appear to have some discounts (mailing list subscription and such), which does help. Also at a true one scoop serving that price point is better then other pre workouts where you may have to up the dosage.

Side Effects

No side effects for me, obviously do not consume close to bed time.

Conclusion

In conclusion you can mark me down as a fan of Initiate. In terms of being a high stim "get you going" kind of pre workout this earns top marks in my books. If you're looking for something to get you going before a lift and to have you slapping the steering wheel to the radio as you pull into the parking lot, then I would give these guys a try. If you're into a more powerlifting or even a Crossfit style of training I would perhaps look elsewhere for a pre workout that will have better strength and endurance boosts. Overall I am very impressed with this pre and I will certainly be taking it again, preferably in a different flavour, but make sure to look for discounts within the Kratos website and buy when you can find some sort of promotion, at the right price this is well worth it.