BrooklynBuff

TROPHY CASE

Reviews by BrooklynBuff

April 1, 2014

Pros:
 Cons:
  • Taste. Unreal
  • Excellent Texture
  • Mixes Great
  • 5g Of Creatine
  • Strength Gains
  • Betaine
  • Gains In Muscle
  • Good Recovery
  • Effective
  • A Little Pricey
Their are many great reviews of this protein and it will be difficult to build upon them and shed new light for this product. Though I enjoyed it so much, that I felt inclined to review it anyway. I purchased my first tub on my own and still have a second in the wood works from JoeFlah, and the RCSS team. Much appreciated fellas, your certainy a top shell company who keep the customer the priority. We all know in the supplement industry," you can pay for school but ya cant buy class"

This was the only supplement I utilized over the course of fifty days. I was even removed from the use of creatine for well over a month as well. Which I believe will enable me to give a fair assessment of this product without bias and will be able to attribute any positives recieved by this protein.
Feel me?

Ingredients... 9
All of the previous reviews list them in depth. I'll list the ones that's really mattered for me.
29 grams protein
5 grams creatine mono
2.5 grams betaine
13.5 grams EAA

This lineup is what really inclined me to write this review. This really is your one SCOOP a day whey. . I loved the convenience of taking a single scoop and knowing that im getting exactly what i need for my workouts and daily rquirement of creatine. If I may add, I really enjoyed the handling and location of the scooper. Everyone should know by now how crucial that is.." And if ya don't know, now ya know " itches.

Taste 10
I had the chocolate
The most delicious flavored whey protein I have ever tasted. I would throw this in the magic bullet with ice, skim milk and a banana... straight banging..Buff said..
*edit* Nuff

Side effects 9
Absolutely none, never gave me any stomach discomfort or poor mix ability issues.

Effectiveness 9
Now this is where things got interesting. Like I stated earlier , I had been cycled off creatine for around six weeks. I lost my typical 4-5 pounds and slight strength imcrease that I always get on creatine. Now in to the third week of taking pro-antium, got my size back. Not only that but I finally got a p.r on my bench that I've been stuck in a stale-mate for some time. Was it anything to write home about? For y'all, prolly not but I broke my plateau of 5 reps of 305 and got it to 7.

Value 8
Yeah it's 50 balls for a tub. You want results? Stop begging and cough up the buck per SCOOP..

Conclusion
In my opinion this is the best protein. For what it offers in taste, effectiveness , ingredients. Best of da best right hur..

August 6, 2013

Pros:
 Cons:
  • Hardness
  • Vascularity
  • Promotes Lean Muscle Mass
  • Increased Perspiration
  • Increased Metabolism
  • Prevents Fat Accumulation.
  • Gave Me A Sick Feeling
  • Need Two Bottles For Best Results
Decided to review this due to the great recomp properties it has given me. A big thank you goes out to USP and Anabolic Adam for the opportunity to run this. It worked out so well that I purchased additional bottles for future use.

Starting stats:
6'0
195 lbs
33" waist
10-11%bf

Goal: my goal has always remained the same..A life long commitment to add muscle while losing fat. No bulks..No cuts..ever

other supplements used:

ON whey
ON creapure
Multi,fish oil..Blah..Blah..Blah

Routine:
None...I just get nuts everyday at the gym,at home,monkey bars or in my girl. Lets just say I crush every body part twice a week.

Diet:
Clean food..whenever my body tells me so

Dosing:
Two in the AM
Two in the PM
Quaint

This does a very impressive job beginning in the third week to really show definition in my oblique and core. Usually in the summer I try and stay under 10% bodyfat. For the rest of the year I fluctuate 10-12%. For me to shred a little for the beach, I'm usually killing my self with full body workouts, swimming and just sweating in any type of way.Compound 20 just made it so much easier to get to were I need to be for the summer.I ran two full bottles as most would say is the best way to get results. Indeed it worked and I love this particular supplement.

Side effect:
Their were only two things in particular that I did not care for.
1.My appetite just got so high that I almost turned out bulking.I mean I'm ravenous as it is but this just made me want to eat any and everything.
2. If taken on an empty stomach, I just wanted to blow chunks 15 min later. That was annoying because I always train fasted. That feeling went away after two weeks..no problemo

Value:
Meh.. the cheapest I've gotten this for was 39.99 but with shipping I was pushing 90 balls..Little high but if you want them obliques popping them it's worth it for me.

Ending stats after 60 days:
6'0..naturally
201 lbs
32" waist
9-10% bf

Overall:
I gained 6 pounds and lost 1-2%bf and lost and inch of my waist...Sick..then again I always do that for summer but this made that possible that I could actually gain a couple lbs..That's highly unusual for me. Love this stuff, it will be a staple in the spring and summer months ahead.

July 6, 2011

• Increased Recovery
  • Increased Strength
  • Increased Libido
  • Good Anti-estrogen Blocker
  • Serious Acne
Well sports fans its time for me start doing reviews on recent products that I've added to my arsenal.I'd like to state that I completed one bottle of Freetest which last for 25 days.
By only running one bottle,I might have done an injustice because as many of us know,a t-booster starts kicking in full gear in weeks 2-3.That being said,I'll give my evaluation regardless.The first things I noticed was increased strength and recovery.After week two,the increased libido was in effect.I'm currently stuck at a barbell bench-press of 305.Freetest didnt help me increase the weight,but it did add 2 more reps.However,I was in week 3 of running creatine mono,so I was now fully saturated and the extra reps could be attibuted to the mono.
Now the recovery was great starting in week two.I started doing chest twice a week to see how my recovery was and I was very pleased.Soreness was down and nearly unnoticible while on Freetest.Now one of the ingredients that intrigued me was the"suicide estrogen inhibitor."I began Freetest at 192lbs,and I'm now at 199lbs.Again the gains could be from the mono but lets give Freetest the benefit of the doubt.I believe the estrogen blocker helped me maintain my 9%bf while gaining the extra 5 pounds.My diet was in check,like always and my fuid intake was huge.
Now its time for the HUGE negative,I've NEVER experienced acne from any product,like I did on freetest.I have always had clear skin and never battled acne as an adolescent,so this must be attributed to freetest.Honestly,if it was not for the major acne,I would have given it straight 9's.I also want to thank the fello SR member for trading me this product,so I can't give a value opinion.I have seen it going for 35-45$ and thats not to bad,but its only a 25 day cycle.
So it is a great product with great results,but the acne was really not something I can tolerate,especially while on vacation and going to the beach daily,maybe I'd be better off running this in the winter behind close doors.LOL

April 12, 2011

Pros:
 Cons:
  • Lean Mass Gains
  • No Carb Bloat
  • Muscle Fullness
  • Increases In Endurance
  • Body Recomp
  • Price Should Be Lowered
I've completed two bottles of Glycobol and I feel it was time for a review.I decided to give it a try because of all the outstanding reviews by SR members.This was my second try at utilizing a product of this nature.First being anabolic-pump by USP.I did not review AP so I won't be comparing them in this review,simply because it would not be fair.The first two weeks were nothing short of phenomenal.It seemed to enhance every supplement that I was stacking including beta-alanine and kre-alkalyn.I dosed it at four caps daily and sometimes took two in one serving or took four separately throughout the day.Now I made sure to eat adequate amounts of complex carbs with each serving.I won't get into specifics but lets just say I won't be eating organic oats in any form for a long time.I can't believe how much stamina I had in my workouts,it was uncanny on how long I could go and how many sets I could push out.I didn't break any pr's or get any strength increases,I'm stuck on a 305 bench for quite some time now.At my age I think I might have hit my genetic potential,OH WELL.After a month the effects started to diminish and I expected that,so I think cycling this product can prove to be cost effective in the long run,even though many say not to cycle it.I traded with another SR member so I can't really comment on the price,but it goes for 40$ per bottle with shipping,which is expensive.In my opinion,I belive Glycobol is a great supplement for any goals one might have for bulking or cutting.I think the dosing protocol keeps your diet on point and this may be the most benificial aspect of the product,because if you don't consume enough complex carbs you can be wasting your supplement and Ultimately your money.Overall:great product that will be used on a bi-monthly basis for myself.

March 22, 2011

Cons:
    To my knowledge MHP has pulled the plug on this product and has stopped its production.At first glance it seems to have a sophisticated ingredient profile almost mimicking a prohormone.After a little research and being schooled by Steelfan10,I found that this product is nothing more than a high dose of DHEA.That being said,this is my first experience with DHEA,and I didn't know what to expect.What little I do know about DHEA,is that it can turn into test or estrogen.Since that is the case,I decided to run an anti-aromatase with the Sarm-X being Arom-X.I noticed nothing really until the second week when my endurance went even higher than it did while using Glycobol in conjunction with krealkalyn and beta-alanine.One big positive I started to notice was I started to look even bigger without any weight gain,and noticed a swollen but not bloated look that I was fond of.No real strength increases to mention but my"swagger" in the weight room had increased and my confidence skyrocketed even higher than it already was.Also my sleep became deeper as if I was supplementing with powerful.When I would wake up for my two hour commute at 3:45am,I would jump right out of bed and straight on to my treadmill for my morning cardio without hesitation.Also this product gave me that"ON" feel,that I was used to feeling back in my college lifting days.It is often said that DHEA is a poor mans pro-hormone,and that is true because I purchased this for 15$ at GNC because of its discontinued status.I only gave it an 8 because of the AI,glycobol and other supps that I used with it.But my first experience with DHEA was a very good one,and I will certainly be stacking a similar product like this in the near future.

March 10, 2011

• Maintains Creatine Saturation
      This is one of my favorite post-workout proteins.It has a very impressive amino acid profile,and it provides 2.5 grams of creatine monohydrate per serving.I found that this was just the right amount of creatine to squeeze out one more rep,without really gaining any unwanted water retention.It has around 28 servings and the taste was outstanding.I've used the strawberry and chocolate and they all mixed very well even without using a blender.This isn't a popular protein probably due to the high price tag.The company itself is located in Manhattan,NYC so I managed to get a couple of tubs at a discounted rate by just stopping by their headquarters.Since it does contain creatine it does "knock out two birds with one stone" when I started these proteins,I already had been saturated with creatine,so the 2.5 grams of mono seemed to maintain saturation while only using one scoop per day.This was a very effective protein and remains to be in my top five favorites,even though it isn't one of the most popular.

February 7, 2011

Pros:
       Cons:
      • Very Versatile Mixes With Everything
        Well I've grown to really love this protein over the years.Now theirs no hype,magical weight gains,extra power ingredients.Its just protein without artificial sweetners,flavors and sucrose.Its amino acid profile is o.k providing 4.0 BCAA's per serving and at 17grams of protein per scoop.Not an impressive profile by any means but it gets the job done naturally.Its very bland tasting which I like because I always mix my whey with fruits,veggies and even pancakes,waffles,muffins and other foods that I cook.I find this to be one of the few proteins that I can cook with due to it being so bland tasting.I've used caribbean chocolate and the vanilla numerous times.It provides 33 servings per 2lb's and since its only 17grams of protein per scoop I usually doulble up on servings.This is probably the exact opposite of a MuscleTech product,its just boring and no frills and I like it that way.

February 1, 2011

• Lean Muscle
        • Irritability
        Well I just completed a 120cap bottle.I dosed it four caps a day for thirty days.It gave strength gains,increased vascularity,increased endurance.The biggest thing that really impressed me about P6 was the recovery,it almost felt like I could work-out my chest everyday.No other product ever increased recovery this way.When I began I weighed around 186 and now I weigh 193.I use a tanita bodyfat scale and my bf% was 10.8% and now its reading under 10.However my bf% does go up and down anyway,but I would like to attribute P6 for the lean weight gain as I didn't increase my calorie intake even though the P6 did make me more hungry.I'm very meticulous about gaining weight so I showed a lot of discipline not to eat more but that might have hindered my results a bit and I could have gained even more lean mass if I would just have allowed myself to consume more clean foods.The price is very steep on this,but is well worth it if its in the budget.The only "legal" product I can compare it to is Pink Magic,but pink can't compare to the recovery in no way shape or form,then again its almost half the price.The only negative is oily skin and occasional anger increases and a very short temper when it comes to dealing with nonsense,which I deal with on a regular basis.The only supplement I used in conjunction with P6 was Muscle Milk,one serving daily,wheybolic pre and post work-out,and MHP probolic before bed.The last week I did incorporate some ZMA but that was it.P6 is an outstanding product!!!

August 9, 2010

Pros:
         Cons:
        • Amazing Pump
        • Did What It Said It Would Do - Dense. Hard. Vascular & Strong
        • Brought Out Veins In Arms And Shoulders
        • Strength Increase
        • Blasted Plateus
        • Don't Know Long Term Sides
        I'm a long time viewer but a first time reviewer.Pink magic is without a doubt the most effective supplement I have taken within the past decade of lifting and supplementing.It has surpassed my expectations regarding strength enhancing,fat burning and stamina.It helped me break my plateu with breaking most pr's in all major "lifts.I must admit this didnt kick in till after my first week.So new users don't be discourged.I followed my usual routine, blasting every record. I found myself flexing almost involuntary through out the day.I even had that 'ALPHA MALE' feel, confident not ***ey.As far as price,I had it priced matched at GNC from Tiger Fitness at 48$,although a GNC rep said they are not price matching online adds anymore.I had oily skin as everyone else reported, thats just minor.Stacked with hydro-whey, kre-alkalyn,omegas,multi and determination.If your on the fence on this product just jump!!!!