BlakePullen

MVRs

First Bloods

Answers

*Rookie League

Comments

*Rookie League

Completed Missions

Votes Cast

Try Requests

*Rookie League

*Rookie League = only among other members in their first year on SR. BlakePullen will be eligible for rookie league trophies for another 278 days.

Reviews by BlakePullen

6.9
Thanks to Quantified Nutrition for sending it out!
  December 9, 2017

Pros:
 Cons:
  • Taste Great
  • Aids Recovery
  • Versatile
  • Boosts Endurance
  • Reduces Fatigue
  • A Bit Pricey

What is up guys?? I'm bringing you a BCAA review today and would like to give a big thanks to Quantified Nutrition for putting their product up for review. As always I'd like to give a big shoutout to everyone at SR for making this review possible. I was beyond excited to do a test run of this product when I read the Ingredient label. Let's dive right in.

6 grams L-Citrulline Malate

3g of beta alanine
5 g of L-Leucine
2.5g of L-Isoleucine
1.5g of L-Valine.

For starters, this product contains 9 grams of your traditional BCAA's with 5 of that being a hefty amount of Leucine. I love this. As a whole, your 'run of the mill' BCAA products contains 3000mg-5000mg TOTAL of all 3 amino acids. Q// Amino gives you 5g of Leucine PLUS 2.5g of Isoleucine PLUS 1.5g of Valine. Go to GNC and look at their traditional amino products to compare. This alone would make it an above average BCAA product in terms of its label, but wait there's more! (lol) They add 6g of Citrulline Malate and 3g of Beta-Alanine for added pump and endurance benefits that your average run of the mill BCAA product can't give you. These 2 added ingredients give the pump and tingly sensations that pre-workouts can give you. Phenomenal label on paper, but let's see it in application.

Taste: Pineapple Mango was a very solid flavor. It wasn't overpowering, but it was still very pleasant to drink.

Mixibility: I never had any issues with mixing or clumping while using this product.

Dosage: Depending on if I was working out twice that day or not, I would use this intra-workout or pre-workout. I found that I preferred using this as an Intra-workout with the recommended one scoop serving size.

The first thing I think about when using any BCAA product is, "Did this reduce my DOMs?" Yes, yes it did. Try not using a BCAA product for a while and then come back and try to workout at the same intensity and frequency as before (I can already tell you that it sucks). So I was very happy with that portion of the product. My endurance and pumps also improved because of this product. The added Beta-A and Citrulline really makes this product stand out for me and it proved itself time and time again. If your used to doing heavy volume filled workouts then the Beta-Alanine will really allow you to dig deep in those late sets.

$36.00 for 30 servings comes out to $1.20 per serving and for what you're getting it makes sense. However, as a college student thats ALWAYS looking to save a buck I can't say that this is a 'great deal/value.'

Side Effects

NO NEGATIVES (If you are sensitive to Beta-Alanine then you'll probably experience some face tingles)

Conclusion

A very interesting option for those that want a little bit more out of their daily BCAA's. I would definitely recommend it ESPECIALLY for anyone that doesn't use stim-pre workout supplements because this could be a great alternative to other non-stem options.

Thanks to Atlas Supp Co for sending it out!
  December 6, 2017

Pros:
 Cons:
  • Endurance Boost
  • Great Pumps
  • Value

What's up guys? Coming in with another review in my favorite supplement category: Pre-Workout. I'd like to give a big shoutout to Atlas and SR for making this review possible and wish them nothing but the best. Now let's dive in.

NO PROP BLENDS!
6g of L-Citrulline Malate
1.6g of Carnosyn (Beta-Alanine)
2g Creatine HCl
300mg Caffeine

NO PROP BLENDS!
6g of L-Citrulline Malate
1.6g of Carnosyn (Beta-Alanine)
2g Creatine HCl
300mg Caffeine
As a coffee addict, I love seeing 300mg of caffeine, (I've found this to be my sweet spot for pre-workout), It gives you a nice jolt of energy to get your workout started. 6g of Citrulline Malate is the magical formula for juicy PUMPS. You really can't ask for any more in the pump department. 1.6g of Bet-Alanine is good, however, it is only half of the clinical dose of 3.2g that usually gives you that face tingly feeling and endurance boosts. I always like seeing creatine in my pre-workout. I take 5g of monohydrate before every workout regardless so It's just an added bonus. However, 2g is under the clinical dose of 5g for optimal results so this product couldn't replace your creatine supplementation, (but it's a pre-workout so we're more concerned with energy, endurance, and PUMP anyway).

Taste: I had Berry Lemonade and I thoroughly enjoyed it. It was not overpowering and it didn't have a chalky/bitter aftertaste. 7/10

Mixibility: Basically as close to perfect as you can get. Immediately started dissolving on impact and within a few short seconds everything was dissolved. Never had any clumping issues. 9/10

Dosage: 1 scoop for one serving = very easy. I didn't feel like I needed to double scoop or anything because of the big doses of Citrulline Malate and caffeine. (I did play around with a scoop and a half up to two scoops but found the effects to be either overpowering or not worth the extra serving.) I was more than content with 1 serving!

I had some beastly workouts while using this product. Let me start by praising the pumps. The 6 grams of Citrulline Malate gave me fantastic, skin shredding pumps. These pumps stuck with me from my first set to long after my workout ended as well. I think the creatine helped a little with the energy factor with it being converted to creatine phosphate in your muscles for more potential energy scientifically speaking. This enabled me to take my usual 5 grams of creatine monohydrate after my workout and get the benefits of both pre and post workout creatine supplementation. The 300mg of caffeine gave me that "stim junkie" energy rush to kickstart my workout, however, because I'm a heavy coffee drinker this was not an overpowering kickstart by any means. The 1.6g of beta-alanine definitely lengthened my endurance levels an additional 30 mins or so than if I didn't have any pre-workout, but it only gave me very slight tingles (which I CRAVE).

Currently sold out on Amazon, but it sells for $45 on the Atlas Nutrition site. This comes out to about $1.50 per serving, so It's a bit pricey for anybody on a budget. You're paying for quality in this case so I can somewhat justify it. BUT I can't give it as high of a rating as I'd like to for this reason.

Side Effects

If you're sensitive to Beta-Alanine then you'll get some tingly sensation in your face.

Conclusion

This is one of the better pre-workout supplements that I have used. Its use of 4 basic, but proven to be effective, ingredients shines in this formula. I would highly recommend it to anyone that isn't afraid to drop a little bit of money on an effective pre-workout supplement.

Thanks to International Protein for sending it out!
  November 22, 2017

• Lengthened My Workouts
  • Reduced Muscle Soreness

What's up guys??? First of all, I'd like to give a big shoutout to International Protein for putting their products for review and I'd like to thank SR, as always, for making this review possible. Now down to business. The directions called for 2 servings for "Lean muscle Recovery." One Intra-workout and one post workout.

30 servings per container (10.6g per serving)
35 Calories
Fat: .1g (.04g saturated)
Carbs: .5g
-L Valine: .6g
-L Isoleucine: .5g

Essential Amino Acids:
Isole...

30 servings per container (10.6g per serving)
35 Calories
Fat: .1g (.04g saturated)
Carbs: .5g

Glycine 85mg
Proline: 515mg
Serine: 248mg
Tyrosine: 266mg

Peptide Pro: PeptoPro is a predigested casein protein, that has been hydrolysed for maximum absorption is achieved with minimum gastric stress. With more than 60% being di and tri-peptides, PeptoPro provides instantaneous amino delivery into the blood stream to ensure optimal muscle recovery, reduced muscle soreness and increased muscle growth.

Does it pass the "Eye Test"? Just by reading the label I like the substance that the product contains. The 3g of glutamine is a great add for added muscle recovery benefits due to glutamine depletion. BCAA's are the building blocks of muscle tissue so It's obviously a must-have in any recovery product. Unlike other amino acids, BCAAs have a unique chemical structure which allows them to be absorbed and metabolized directly in the muscles- rather than the stomach. This means they are more quickly absorbed than any other amino acids. I do wish there was a little bit more of each BCAA in the product, however, if you are meeting your daily macronutrient requirements for protein then more is not necessary. I also really like the addition of the pre-digested "Peptide Pro", so that the whole formula is metabolized more quickly than just your traditional recovery product. They give you a little bit of everything in their Amino Acid profiles, especially highlighting Glutamine and the BCAA's with larger quantities than the rest of the amino acids, as they should be! Overall I like the International Protein Recovery formula that they have presented.

Taste: I received the Watermelon flavor and It did not disappoint. It was a very prevalent flavor that wasn't too sweet or overpowering by any means. Taste: 8/10

Mixibility: I never had any issues with clumping or mixing while using this product. It always mixed almost instantly with a few good shakes in my blender bottle. Mixing: 8/10

Dosage: Clean and easy, One scoop = One serving. One scoop during your workout and one scoop after is all that they suggest for optimal lean muscle recovery.

I immediately noticed decreased DOMs between my training sessions. This left me feeling refreshed and more prepared to lift in my next training session the following day. For me personally, there is a certain psychological effect when I'm sipping on a BCAA/Intra-workout that makes me think I can lift at a higher intensity for longer periods of time and coincidentally it causes me to extend the life of my workouts. I did notice slight lean mass gains during the time that I was using this product, however, I was also drinking protein shakes and meeting all of my daily macronutrient goals for protein as well. What this product did do is length =en the duration of my workouts and the intensity of my workouts. So I can give a significant amount of credit to "Amino Recovery" for my recent strength gains and aesthetic progress.

I looked all over the internet and the International Protein website had the lowest priced units at $39.99 for 30 servings. This comes out to $1.33 per serving which is a bit high for my taste. It is a great product, but I'm cheap so there are similar less expensive alternatives that will give you very similar results.

Side Effects

NONE

Conclusion

This is a very good intra-workout product designed to lengthen the duration of workouts and increase the intensity by which you perform the exercises. It's a little n the pricey side, so if you don't mind emptying out your wallet it's a valuable addition to virtually any stack.

Thanks to Platinum Labs for sending it out!
  November 11, 2017

• Endurance
  • No Pump

What's up guys? First off I would just like to thank the people at Platinum Labs for putting their product up for review and all of our people here at SR for making this review possible. Now into the fun part. I got the privilege of reviewing a 30 serving container of AWAKEN by Platinum Labs. I used this product in its entirety before all of my workouts in the given duration. The majority of these workouts were high tempo, hypertrophy workouts with compound power movements mixed in.

2.8g of Beta-Alanine: This is the 'star ingredient' for t...

2.8g of Beta-Alanine: This is the 'star ingredient' for this pre-workout. Heavily focused on lengthening the duration of your workout; coming in at just under a clinical dose of 3.2 grams, it has enough of the product to give the user slight tingles and promote endurance but not enough however for the scientifically proven optimal dose of 3.2g.

1g of L-Tyrosine: an amino acid that is used to produce noradrenaline and dopamine. Once ingested and absorbed, tyrosine is either: absorbed into the tissues and incorporated into proteins and peptides; used as precursors in smaller amounts for thyroxin, melanin, and neurotransmitter synthesis; or metabolized to glucose to be used for energy production. 3g is what you shoot for, however, in pre-workouts anything from 500mg to 3g is normal. So this is slightly on the low end of the spectrum but not bad.

1g of Taurine: the highlighted ingredient in energy drinks like Red Bull where its advertised as providing long-lasting energy support. It pulls more water into the muscle cells to make them appear even 'fuller', especially when coupled with glutamine and creatine. Plus, taurine can also support muscle strength and endurance for more intense workouts. usually dosed in 1-3g before experiencing some GI (Intestinal issues), so once again it's n the end of the spectrum.

250mg Caffeine: I am a HEAVY coffee drinker (usually 3-4 cups per day) so 250-300mg is usually the sweet spot I look for in a pre-workout. Not overpowering at all for me. Feels very clean/smooth going down.

100mg TheoBromine 99%: a chemical relative of caffeine. Even though it is related to caffeine it does not affect the body through central nervous system stimulation. Instead, it induces muscular relaxation of the smooth muscle tissue.

70mg Higenamine HCl: Higenamine HCL is also a powerful nootropic and may help improve focus and keep your brain sharp. Compared to other nootropics, it doesn't affect nitric oxide production and has a short half-life of 20 minutes.

50mg Hordenine HCl: It has a reputation as an effective supplement that helps people lose weight and keep it off. The research on hordenine and fat loss is minimal however. In order to recieve optimol results you'd want to double the serving if not more.

30mg Synephrine HCl: another fat loss supplement that is not dosed to the proper degree to be effective.

Taste: I received the blue raspberry. It was a very diluted/weak flavor, so people that are not looking for a strong taste will prefer this. However, I prefer 'loud and in your face tastes' so I was left underwhelmed. And instead of a blue raspberry taste I got a diluted lemonade like after taste. It couldn't have tasted less like blue raspberry. Taste 4/10

Mixibility: The product mixed smoothly with no problems for the first 3 days and then slight clumping began. Nothing significant, but just enough that I had to put forth a little extra effort every time I mixed it in my blender bottle. Never more than 20-30 seconds to get it 100% mixed in. Mixibility:7/10

Dosing: 1 scoop simply did not cut it for me so I was constantly double scooping with this product. For people new to the pre-workout world (or extremely stim-sensitive) they probably won't have any issues with only using one scoop. However, being a heavy coffee drinker and pre-workout user for a while now it simply wasn't enough for me. Dosing 5/10

1 Scoop: The traditional 1 serving of this pre-workout provides you with slight Beta-Alanine tingles and a total of 45 mins of lasting energy. It would always kick in after about 25 mins for me and for the 45 mins that I felt it, it wasn't bad. It was 'good' but not great. My endurance was solid because of the 2.8g of Beta-Alanine, however, when the 45 mins were up and everything went away, I was always left wanting more. The focus increase was solid but subliminal. Also, the pump was nothing more than if I took nothing before my workout (obviously that's not the product's purpose but still).
2 Servings: 20 minutes after taking a double scoop you get hit with Beta-Alanine tingles (5.6g tends to do that to you lol) I felt numb to everything. This allowed me to punish myself for the entire duration of my workout. The double dose of caffeine also gave me a great jolt of energy to crush my first few sets and lingered for the rest of my workout. The focus was much more noticeable as I reached that "tunnel vision feeling" unlike with the single serving. The pump was still nothing to write home about, but again this is not a pump product.

For $1.33 per serving ($39.88 on Amazon and on Jet.com) It's definitely a little pricey when you're doubling up on servings. If I'm going to pay more than a dollar per serving (or over $2 when I need multiple servings of a product) then I need a PHENOMENAL product. And this is just 'good' not great so that's why my value rating is so low.

Side Effects

Slight Beta-Alanine Tingles

Conclusion

To the average consumer, I would not recommend this workout based on one serving and the price-per-serving that a double scoop would end up costing them. If you have the extra cash to sustain double servings consistently then you should definitely try it. But overall this product is just 'good' with an overpriced label compared to its competitors.

October 17, 2017

Pros:
 Cons:
  • Absorbs Quickly

What is going on guys?? Blake Pullen coming at you live with a POSITIVE protein review. It feels good to give some praise after I ripped "Anytime Protein" for it's grainy, rubber taste. I was able to use MHP Super Premium Protein from May 2017 to the beginning of August 2017. I bought this product in bulk mainly because of a major sale on Allstarhealth.com at the time and I couldn't be happier that I did.

Calories from Fat: 13.5

Anti-catabolic BCKA Complex: 200mg
    -Alpha-Keto-Leucine: 100mg
    -Alpha-Keto-Isoleucine: 50mg
    -Alpha-Keto-Valine:50mg

Protein reviews can be pretty dry because "protein is protein right?" Not so fast my friend! This particular protein doesn't have any fillers or unwanted additives. MHP just brings you the good stuff. 25g of Protein per serving is my ideal amount. Not too little, yet not too much so that the overall formula can remain lean in terms of calories and such. MHP uses 3 versions of Whey protein (12g Whey Hydrolysate, 8g Whey Isolate, 5g Whey concentrate) for faster absorption rates. I actually like this combination because if your body struggles in breaking down one of these particular types fast enough then you can almost bank on the fact that one if not 2 of the other types are quickly being transported through your body system to be broken down to feed your muscles.
    This particular protein powder utilizes branched-chain keto acids (BCKAs) to help reduce protein breakdown and allows the 5.6g of BCAA's included in the formula to forego possibly being used as energy and instead go straight to the site of protein synthesis. I personally haven't seen enough protein powders that utilize this science-backed formula, so that was very refreshing to see.

Taste: I had the Vanilla flavor and the first word that comes to mind when asked to describe it is Smooth. It wasn't very strong and it didn't overpower you with flavor, but it gave you just enough to be satisfied. Taste: 7/10

Mixibility: This is one of the better proteins that I have ever used in terms of mixability. Give it a good shake for 10 seconds max and you won't have any issues with clumping or floating particles. mixability: 8/10

Dosing: One scoop post-workout is always my ideal dose and this blend definitely fulfills that. The blend of 3 different kinds of whey keeps your body in a very optimal state for protein synthesis to occur when taken before/after workouts

I saw some great gains in lean mass and in overall strength in the 4 months that I was using this product. I don't attribute all of my gains during this time to the product of course, as I attribute a lot of it to nutrition and workout intensity, however, I do attribute the speed at which I made these gains to this product. I felt like my body was able to quickly absorb the protein and utilize it more efficiently thanks to the high-quality formula.

You can currently purchase 2 pounds for $23.99 at bodybuilding.com
    I think the price is pretty justified when compared to the rest of the market and for what your actually getting in the formula

Side Effects

NONE (and I have a sensitive stomach in general)

Conclusion

Personally, this is one of my favorite protein powders that I have used and I would highly recommend it to anyone looking for a more high-quality protein supplement

5.4
      October 15, 2017

• Energy
    • Endurance
    • Pricey For Some
    • Some Ingredients Underdosed At 1 Serving

What's up guys? Another pre-workout review coming at you and this time it is the "Gold Standard" by Optimum Nutrition. I have mad respect for O.N. I actually got this specific PRE for half price because one of my gym buddies bought two and sold me the other one for half of the retail price. As with most pre-workouts, this one makes a bold claim on the front calling itself "the gold standard of pre-workouts," so I was excited to take it for a spin.

Serving Size is 1 scoop

Muscle Matrix
    Creatine Monohydrate (as Creapure): 3 g
    AstraGin...

Serving Size is 1 scoop

Muscle Matrix
    Creatine Monohydrate (as Creapure): 3 g
    AstraGin Proprietary Blend [Astragalaus membranaceus Extract (root) & Panax notoginseng Extract (root)]: 25 mg

Perfomance Composite
    L-Citrulline Malate: 1.5 g
    Beta-Alanine (as CarnoSyn): 1.5 g

Energy & Focus Complex
    Acetyl L-Carnitine HCl: 375 mg
    N-Acetyl-L-Tyrosine: 250 mg
    Caffeine: 175 mg
    Citrus Bioflavonoids: 100 mg

So right off the bat you see those prop blend names and your heart drops, BUT they actually fully disclose how much of each ingredient is in every serving (S/O Optimum Nutrition for that). Your "Muscle Matrix" blend gives you a nice 3g serving of creatine. I love getting a substantial amount of creatine in my pre-workouts because I can then take my usual 5 grams of monohydrate post workout and get the best of both worlds. They also include this blend called "AstraGin" which acts as an absorption catalyst, kind of like black pepper but not the exact same properties. Next up we have the Performance Blend and we get 1.5g of Citrulline Malate and 1.5g of Beta-Alanine. I always like to see these 2 ingredients in my workout, however, my only complaint is that they are underdosed. I'm only getting about half of the Beta-Alanine that I would want for optimal results and only 1/4 of the clinical dose of Citrulline Malate.
    The Energy/Focus Blend starts off with a nootropic brain booster in the form of Acetyl L-Carnitine which can also help metabolize fat and they include Acetyl Tyrosine for added brain/neurological support. The main part that I want to talk about here is the caffeine. I find that at 175mg that is a lot lower than I would like to see. As a person that drinks 3-4 cups of coffee every day I like to see at least 250mg of caffeine in my pre-workouts to really give me that jump start to my pre-workout.

Taste: I had the Strawberry Lime flavor and was very impressed. I haven't tasted any other supplement like it. Score: 8/10
    Mixibility: NEVER had any issues mixing this product in my blender bottle. Score 8/10
    Dosing: I like the one scoop serving, but I didn't "love" it so I definitely took a scoop and a half more often than not

One serving of this product gave me "good workouts" but I wanted GREAT workouts so I would often use 1.5-2 servings at a time. Let me say this: 2 servings of this product proved to be very effective. At 3g of Beta-Alanine, 3g of Citrulline, 6g of creatine, and 350mg of caffeine I had some phenomenal workouts. My endurance felt never-ending. I would go through my entire planned workout and then go back at the end and hit some sets of the main exercises. The pump was still extremely average even at 2 servings. I've learned that I need clinical doses of key pump ingredients in order for me to get any sort of 'special pump'. The 350mg of caffeine gave me a great jumpstart to my workout every single time. The only downside to using 2 servings at a time is that it goes sooo much faster than normal. My tub only lasted around 2 weeks because of it :(

This is my biggest knock on this product. It's not cheap ESPECIALLY when you start doubling up on your servings. The cheapest that I can currently find this product is for $31 at CampusProtein.com for 30 servings. That turns into $2 per serving when you start doubling up. It's definitely not the best choice for your wallet

Side Effects

None with 1 scoop
    Slight beta-alanine tingles at 2 scoops

Conclusion

Good pre-workout at one scoop (nothing really that special), and a great pre-workout at 2 scoops. However, it is just overpriced for what you're getting.

October 12, 2017

Cons:

What's up guys? I originally got this product because of their unbelievably cheap launch special. I was able to get 9 pounds of this stuff for $29+ shipping
    CRAZY DEAL. I was also intrigued because TruSource Protein was made by Optimum Nutrition (a company that I have a lot of respect for), so I said why not.

Serving Size: 1 Scoop (34g)
    20 servings per container
    Sodium 110mg
    Carbs 10g
    Sugars 2g
    Protein 20g

So this protein is a little higher in calories than I would normal...

Serving Size: 1 Scoop (34g)
    20 servings per container
    Sodium 110mg
    Carbs 10g
    Sugars 2g
    Protein 20g

So this protein is a little higher in calories than I would normally like. I wouldn't recommend it to anyone on a cut or working to specifically edge calories off of certain areas of their diet. There are many other protein powders that flow somewhere between 90-120 calories. In the grand scheme of things 30-50 extra calories in your protein wouldn't hurt you, but still. Regardless, 20g of protein per serving is about what I'm looking for so I like seeing that. once again there are many protein powders out there with less fat than this particular brand (2.5g Fat), but if you're not being really nitpicky then it shouldn't affect you. The Optimum Nutrition line released this in Krogers and other grocery stores as a brand of protein that is less intimidating to the regular consumer. I think that's why It would appear to be a "bulkier" powder to me in terms of calories and fat than some of the other options out there. They want the regular person to see protein and not automatically assume that only 'hardcore' athletes need it I guess. Overall I'm not impressed with the Macronutrients on the product label besides the 20g of protein per serving

Taste: Everybody needs to see this!! This is the WORST tasting protein I have EVER had by far. I'm a big boy and I've had lots of practice drinking/eating unpleasant things over the years. But this stuff was straight up awful. I had the vanilla flavor and it couldn't have tasted less like vanilla. It was extremely bitter to me (how does a protein taste bitter I have no idea). I was so concerned in fact that I checked the expiration label just to make sure and the product didn't expire until 2019 so that wasn't the case. It just genuinely tasted horrible. I had just purchased 6 tubs of it for the ridiculously low price of $29 though so what did I do? I held my nose and choked it down every day until the tub was gone. (The things we do for the gains). And I thought to myself, "Maybe I just had a really unlucky tub," so I opened my next tub and sure enough the same awful, bitter taste came back. Taste 1/10

Mixibility: I had issues with mixing also. I had to really shake my blender bottle to make this thing mix. It took a good 45 seconds-1 minute of heavy shaking before it would finally dissolve. Mixibility: 4/10

Dosage: At the high-calorie content and a solid 20g of protein per serving I think that one serving is as much as you would want to use

Putting the taste aside, the effectiveness was very much like any other protein powder that you would use. I would 1 scoop everyday within 20 mins after my workout ended. I definitely gained muscle while using this product as a supplement for my protein. I do wish the calories were a bit lower but I still felt like because the rest of my diet was in check I was able to put on substantial lean mass while using this product (I used it for a period of 2 months). It helped me build muscle regardless of the taste or the blending issues.

This retails for $20 for 20 servings on Amazon.com
    $1 per serving isn't a great deal and for the taste/macros I would look elsewhere

Side Effects

Bitter taste, Aftertaste

Conclusion

When It's on sale, protein is protein (if you can choke it down) I get it you might purchase it. However, at it's current retail price, with its' current macronutrient label I would not recommend this product to anyone.

7.1

• Great Endurance
    • Ingredients
    • Not Enough Pump

What is up guys? My name is Blake Pullen and I am getting a bachelor's of science degree in Exercise Science at Kennesaw State University. Musclpharm and I have had a roller coaster of a ride, but the ingredient label and the price pulled me in to give them another try!

What surprised me the most was the fully disclosed label. Major props the people at Musclepharm for that because I like to know exactly what I'm putting into my body! 3 grams of Creatine is a great start to this pre-workout it ALMOST takes the place of your daily 5g dose of creatine. Th Beta-Alanine and Betaine additions are both great to have on the label, however, they are both underdosed so the effects won't be exactly what you're hoping for.

"Strength & Performance"

L-Glycine:1 g

"Energy & Focus"
    Caffeine Anhydrous: 250 mg
    Acetyl-L-Carnitine: 250 mg

The Blue Raspberry flavor was good, but it was very weak. Not very potent at all. Flavor 6/10
    I never had any issues with Mixibility using my classic blender bottle with a good 10-second shake
    Dosing was 'Pretty good' however I did see myself doubling up on scoops when I wanted a big boost

The product was solid, I received an energy boost that lasted the entire duration of my workout. It was nothing 'life-changing' or worth writing home about but it was good! NOT great, specifically because of the underdosing of ingredients there was no beta-alanine tingles (sadly) and the pump, in my opinion, was the weakest part. The pump was pretty mediocre/average for me. In order to get my blood vessels dilated and flowing at max capacity I need ingredients dosed much closer to their clinical recommendations. The endurance was another bright spot of this product! I felt like I was able to push myself longer while using this product than I could while using any other of the mainstream pre-workouts (like C4).

You can currently find it as low as $20 for 30 servings on Amazon. Definitely a good value for the 11 grams of ingredients that you're getting every scoop
    Value 7/10

Side Effects

NONE! I have a very sensitive and stomach and was concerned after reading the first couple reviews on here that I would have issues, but thankfully I didn't have any pain, discomfort, or any negative effects due to this pre-workout!

Conclusion

I would recommend this as one of the better 'mainstream' pre-workouts out there and would 100% recommend this product over the traditional C4.

• No Bloating

What is up guys? I'm Blake Pullen and this is actually the first supplement I EVER purchased when I really started getting into a bodybuilding style of training. I used this specific product over a period of 6 months and I absolutely fell in love with it. I originally bought it because of the price and the reputability that the company MyProtein had.

I had the unflavored powder so the label was short and sweet!
      100% Creatine Monohydrate

I had the unflavored powder so the label was short and sweet!
      100% Creatine Monohydrate

THAT'S IT! And that's all you really want from your creatine. Clean, no fillers, no BS additives, just results. This is one of my favorite products of all time because of all of the benefits of creatine. It can improve your overall strength and power output by helping supply energy to your muscle cells!

I'm going to be honest, the ONLY negative thing I could possibly say about this product is the bitter taste and the lingering aftertaste. I stress that I did buy the unflavored powder, so I guess the unpleasant taste is to be expected. Regardless, this product could taste MUCH better

Mixibility: I've used multiple creatine products and have had mixing issues in the past, however, with this product I never had any issues! I used my classic blender bottle and would give it a good shake for roughly 15-20 seconds.

Dosage: I serving is 5 grams which is exactly the clinical dose for creatine maintenance after the muscles have already been saturated with it. Ther perfect serving size

I took my 5g of Creatine once daily either before or after my workouts. I found that from an energy standpoint it helped me to take my creatine BEFORE my workout rather than after. People swear by taking it before. People swear by taking it after. I personally think that as long as you're getting your 5g of creatine in you every day that you're doing something right. I used this product for a full 6 months and saw increases in strength and mass while using this product. Obviously, in a 6-month span, I was also using other products during this period that also contributed to my progress, but I do tribute a lot of my strength gains to the use of this product. It's clean, it's authentic, and it's everything that you could want from a creatine monohydrate powder

There is constantly sales on this stuff on the MyProtein.com website but you can currently purchase 2.2 pounds of this stuff for $16.99
      That is almost a 6 months supply of creatine for under $20. It's a phenomenal value

Side Effects

NONE, I have a very sensitive stomach and everything always operated smoothly

Conclusion

This is my favorite Creatine monohydrate powder on the market and its sold at a great price. All around great product

• No Crash

What's up guys?? Another pre-workout review coming at you (You'll quickly realize that PRE's are my favorite kind of supplement to review).
        The name itself drew me to this stuff on bodybuilding.com a couple of months ago and the price per serving basically sealed the deal for me to give this product a real try.

The actual label is not very long at all, it's very concise and to the point:

Serving Size: 1 Scoop (5g)
        Servings Per Container: 50

Energizing Muscle Fuel Blend: 3,000mg
        CarnoSyn (Beta-Alanine), Creatine Monohydrate, Citric Acid

B...

The actual label is not very long at all, it's very concise and to the point:

Serving Size: 1 Scoop (5g)
        Servings Per Container: 50

Energizing Muscle Fuel Blend: 3,000mg
        CarnoSyn (Beta-Alanine), Creatine Monohydrate, Citric Acid

Blood Flow Amplifier Blend: 1,000mg
        L-Citrulline, L-Arginine AKG

Mind Control Matrix: 157mg
        Caffeine Anhydrous 155mg, Olive Leaf Extract, (40% Oleuropein)

There's nothing about the ingredient label that makes you say WOW. Prop blends always make me want to smash my head into a wall, but regardless of that here are the highlights:
        Beta-Alanine= My personal favorite pre-workout ingredient (Besides caffeine) because when dosed correctly It gives you those amazing tingles taht make you feel like you can run through a wall and gives your overall endurance a major boost

L-Citrulline= I like seeing it in the product, but it is very underdosed and unlikely to have a very big impact over the course of your workout

Caffeine: I think 155mg is a bit light for this product. I am a coffee addict and a high-stim user so 150mg of caffeine really doesn't do anything for me personally.

Taste: Blue Raspberry Ice was my flavor of choice I was neither impressed or disapointed. The flavor was good, but not overpowering. I wish it had a little more kick to it so that you could really savor the taste but overall not bad at all. 6.5/10

Mixibility: After 10 seconds of a good shaking in a blender bottle, I never had any issues with clumping or mixing issues. 8/10

Dosing: I believe the true serving size should be 1 and a half instead of just one simply because of the caffeine content. 1 Scoop was "just good enough" while 1.5-2 scoops really provided that extra rush with the added caffeine.

When taking 1.5 to 2 scoops at a time, I felt a very nice rush of energy to start every workout. That energy lasted throughout the duration of my workout with no signs of slowing done. The pump was not very good but I guess that's to be expected with the amount of L-Citrulline in the prop blend being somewhere below 1g, which is farrrr below clinical dosing. The endurance was very evident as I felt I made significant progress while taking this product and had very few days where I felt "sore" or "tired" while I was using this. Overall I was very pleased with the pre-workout and never had any issues with crashing too early after using it.

You can currently get 50 SERVINGS for $20 shipped on Amazon.com!! Incredible value if you only need one serving per session. In order to get the results I described you're most likely going to have to at least take 1.5 scoops to get that rush that you're looking for. Either way, it is a very economical option

Side Effects

NONE (and I have a naturally sensitive stomach)

Conclusion

At $20 for 50 servings I think this product is a steal. Just keep in mind that you'll most likely be using more than one serving to get that "cursed" feeling