BlakePullen

MVRs

Votes Cast

Answers

*Rookie League

Comments

*Rookie League

Forum Posts

Reputation

First Bloods

Try Requests

*Rookie League

*Rookie League = only among other members in their first year on SR. BlakePullen will be eligible for rookie league trophies for another 57 days.

Reviews by BlakePullen

July 11, 2018

• Helps With Recovery
  • Could Be A Little Cheaper

Very standard protein for a pretty standard price.

Let me start off by thanking SR and TBN labs for making this review possible. During 'hard work' season I look to get as many easily accessible protein sources as possible into my diet. Protein powder is the easiest way for me to get a quick 20-40g of protein on the go. let's dive right in.

1 serving
115 calories
1.5g fat
1g fiber
5g carbs
22g protein

Very standard protein for a pretty standard price.

1 serving
115 calories
1.5g fat
1g fiber
5g carbs
22g protein

This protein is a gluten-free, grass-fed whey matrix containing seven different protein components to help nourish your muscles for up to 8 hours. It's a blend of some isolates like casein, milk, and egg. The macros are very versatile and should be able to fit into anyone's nutrition plan. I like the label overall. It looks a bit more quality than your run of the mill protein powder.

Taste: Dutch Chocolate Ice cream was good but not great. I have to put a disclaimer here that I'm not a huge chocolate fan in general so others that really enjoy that chocolatey taste will probably enjoy this more.

Mixibility: No problems at all, easy mixing even at two servings

Dosage: Dosing depends on the individuals needs, but I took 2 servings immediately post workout to help me meet my daily protein needs.

1.) Was this helpful in building muscle? I think it absolutely was! I was able to get a quality source of protein immediately post workout to refuel/rebuild my muscle and I felt confident enough in the ingredients that it would work as advertised.

2.) Digestion? I had zero intestinal issues while using this product. I never felt sick or bloated after taking this supplement.

3.) Convenience? As with most powders, this was very easy to transport and use while on the go.

4.) Recovery? I felt like the product impacted my body's recovery in a positive way, but it wasn't anything drastic. My DOMs felt pretty much the same, however, I woke up feeling a little more refreshed.

Overall, this was as effective as any other protein powder has been for me. I never felt bloated or uncomfortable and thats a big deal for me when using a protein supplement. You never want to feel bad after taking a supplement.

On the manufacturer's site, you can get this for $34.75 for 30 servings. This comes out to roughly $1.17 per serving. That's not bad by any means for this quality of protein, but I of course, wish it could get under that $1 per serving mark.

Side Effects

Conclusion

Pretty good all around protein for a reasonable price!

Overall
Overall
3.0
  July 7, 2018

Pros:
 Cons:
    • Outrageous Claims
    • No Real Results

Big claims and no seeable benefits. This product was all hype and no action.

What is going on guys? I've got a creatine review for you today from TBN labs. The claims on the side label of this product were OUTRAGEOUS so I had to give the product a try. As always, I'd like to thank SR and TBN Labs for making this review possible.

Big claims and no seeable benefits. This product was all hype and no action.

2.1g of Creatine Ethyl Ester: '(CEE) is creatine monohydrate with an ester attached. Esters are organic compounds that are formed by esterification - the reaction of carboxylic acid and alcohols.' This a fairly young supplement when compared to its sister forms of creatine so there are multiple arguments for and against it all over the web. Its benefits are similar to that of other creatine products, but it lacks the amount of studies the classic monohydrate have.

440mg of a 'Pro-Octane' blend containing: Glycine L Arginine Alpha Ketoisocaproic,
    Citrulline DL Malate, Taurine, and Histidine: This statement is from nutriline.org, "Glycine-l-arginine-alpha-ketoisocaproic acid (GAKIC) is a safe and natural blend of amino acids that is commonly used by bodybuilders, gym users and athletes to combat muscle fatigue, maintain muscle force during workouts and increase training intensity. Because GAKIC is supported by significant scientific research to offer immediate results when taken before intense exercise, its considered one of the best safe and natural training and performance aids available."

152mg of 'Advance Proprietary Release Blend' containing Beta alanine and Alpha lipoic acid.
    Alpha lipoic acid (ALA) is a fatty acid that is important as an antioxidant, and in energy metabolism. Beta-alanine is known for its endurance benefits.

Taste: No taste as these were in pill form

Mixibility: No mixing necessary

Dosage: For the 'Ultimate Workout' they recommended to take up to 8 pills before and 8 pills after your workout. So, wanting to give the company the best chance to succeed, I took 8 pills before and 8 pills after my workout (and it was a LOT of pills). Swallowing all of these can get tiring but the capsule helps them slide down easier.

There were some BIG claims that this product had on the side of the bottle let's direct a few:

'Freaky STEROID like gains': Sadly I didn't experience anything like this! There was no timetable for when these crazy muscle gains would occur, but I saw no differences In the mirror or on the scale to suggest that I was gaining any significant amount of muscle. Absolutely no 'freaky steroid like gains' were made.

'Explosive strength gains': Once again, no timetable was given for when these strength gains would occur. I followed dosing guidelines to get the most out of the product and I might have gained a very very small amount of strength. Like instead of hitting a lighter weight for 11 reps I could squeeze out 12 (amount of strength thats really not noticeable to someone else watching you lift). None of my 1RM's increased and none of my 3-5 rep maxes increased either. Definitely nothing 'explosive'.

'Fast recovery and extreme energy': I felt absolutely none of these two claims. My recovery/ DOMs did not change due to this product and my energy levels did not change at allllll. I didn't even feel like I got a placebo effect from thinking it would help me.

I felt like I could've been taking sugar pills and got the same results. I really feel like I got nothing out of this product and the crazy 'too good to be true' claims just rubbed me the wrong way.

The cheapest I can find this product is on amazon.com for $29.75. This comes down to just under $2 per day if you take 8 pills before your workout and 8 pills after your workout for they're recommended 'ultimate workout'. If you cut the dosage in half to 4 pills before and 4 pills after then it would come down to around $1 per day. for the benefits I saw, which were none, I don't see barely any value you

Side Effects

Conclusion

I wouldn't recommend this product to anybody. Save your money and buy the much more researched creatine monohydrate for a fraction of the price.

Overall
    (SR paid for product; VPX did not participate)
      July 5, 2018

Pros:
     Cons:
    • Decreased DOMs
    • Better Recovery

A BCAA product with a good dosage at a pretty reasonable price.

What is going on guys? I have a BCAA review for you today from the people over at VPX Sports. I claimed this product because of the appealing 7.5g dosage of BCAAs. I'd like to thank SR for making this review possible! Let's get right into it shall we.

Serving Size: 1 Scoop
      Servings Per Container: 30
      Total Fat 0 g 0%
      Total Carbohydrate 0 g 0%
      Vitamin B6 (as Pyridoxine Hydrochloride) 1 mg 50%
      Glycine 3000 mg
      Sodium (as Sodium Chloride) 16 mg 1%...

A BCAA product with a good dosage at a pretty reasonable price.

Serving Size: 1 Scoop
      Glycine 3000 mg
      Sodium (as Sodium Chloride) 16 mg 1%
      Potassium (as Potassium Citrate Monohydrate) 82 mg 2%

Branched Chain Amino Acids 2:2:1 7500 mg

L-Leucyl-L-Isoleucine Dipeptide (Patent Pending)

Branched Chain Amino Acids 2:2:1
      (L-Leucine 3000 mg, L-Isoleuchine 3000 mg, L-Valine 1500 mg)

3,000mg Glycine

The main thing to look at here is the 2:2:1 ratio of BCAA's that includes 3g of Leucine, 3g of Isoleucine, 1.5g of Valine and 3g of Glycine. Leucine, Isoleucine, and valine are the prototypical amino acids that are most commonly associated with protein synthesis. The 2:2:1 ratio is also the most widespread accepted ratio used by companies in the industry. I love the dosage here. It's significantly higher than the traditional 5g dosage that you see on most BCAA supplements on the shelf. Glycine plays a role in recovery, reducing fatigue, and promoting muscle growth. The tub also contains mTor/Glut4 bio-synergistic 'sizzle' to load up your guns and get you even more ready for the gym. The main takeaway I get from the label is the large amount of BCAAs included in the product. This is what really matters the most in my eyes.

Taste: Black Cherry Vanilla- you gotta like cherry to like this flavor. I was a big fan of it as it wasn't too sweet or tart.

Mixibility: Never had any issues mixing in a standard shaker bottle or a gallon jug.

Dosage: They recommend 2-3 servings per day even on non training days for best results so I consumed 1 serving in the morning in 30 ounces of water and then another serving in a far less amount of water during my workout.

DOMs: Two servings was effective at decreasing my DOMs quite noticeably. I was struggling with muscle soreness after work and a tough workout and I saw a good difference while using this product. Were my DOMs completely gone? No, however, they decreased a very good amount compared to what I was used to.

Muscle Building: I've never had a great handle on this part (I feel the same way about whey protein). I want to believe that this product encouraged an anabolic environment and helped me build muscle but I really have no evidence to be sure. At the very least it was a placebo that made me believe that it was helping me 'get swole'.

'Increase in Strength': The product claims to aid in strength gains and I really can't say that this product helped me increase my strength as my PRs didn't really increase while using this product.

Overall Recovery: I felt fresher and better recovered while using this product! This is really what I'm looking for when using a BCAA product. My stamina the following day after a brutal workout felt improved and I just felt like my body's overall recovery time was accelerated.

The version shown in the picture on this website is 28 servings and is being sold for $22.45 on illpumpyouup.com. The version I received with 30 servings can be found for $24.95 on a1supplements.com. This comes out to about 83 cents per serving and at 7.5g of BCAAs a pop I feel like this is a good but not the very best deal out there.

Side Effects

Conclusion

I really like the 7.5g of BCAAs per serving and the flavor in this product, but just wish the price was a little bit cheaper. Overall, a solid product.

Overall
      Thanks to Ronnie Coleman Signature Series for sending it out!
        July 5, 2018

Pros:
       Cons:
      • Amazing Energy
      • Pretty Good Pumps
      • Great Value
      • Endurance Boost

A banging energy product with some good added benefits like pump and endurance for a great price!

What is going on guys? I am very excited to write this pre-workout review because I have the up most respect for Ronnie Coleman and have high expectations with anything attached to his name. I obviously chose to try this product because of Ronnie Coleman and all of his accomplishments throughout his career. I would like to thank Ronnie and SR for making this review possible and without further delay lets dive right in!

4g...

4g of Citrulline Malate: This is a good dose of pump (but a great dose would be 6g or higher)

2g of Beta-Alanine: This can greatly increase endurance and 2g is a healthy dose, however most individuals experience the greatest benefit with 3.2g or even more.

550mg of Choline bitrate: A focus/ cognitive aid. I like seeing multiple supplements in one product that help with focus and concentration. I find that it makes me feel more invested into every rep.

420mg of Caffeine Anhydrous and Encapfeine: They developed this into a sustained release caffeine blend so that it would give you energy throughout your entire workout instead of giving you the full power in one blow at the beginning. I personally prefer a sustained released energy stimulant as opposed to the traditional 'slap in the face' with regular caffeine.

100mg of theacrine: It's described as a way to boost your energy and focus without all the jittery side effects. It has been a long-standing component in the traditional Chinese tea known as kucha and when combined with caffeine can help take out the bad side effects that some people experience with caffeine (like dizziness, jitters, and elevated heart rate).

100mg of Methylliberine: Also known as Dynamine, is a pure alkaloid compound structurally related to caffeine that functions to boost energy, focus, mood & oxygen uptake.

50mg of Adhotoda Vasica: a plant commonly used to treat respiratory tract ailments, open up the airways, and improve breathing.

Like I said above, this product appears to have more of an impact on energy with its stimulants than pump or endurance. As a whole though, like the label and the fact that all these areas are at least addressed even if citrulline malate and beta alanine is a little underdosed.

Taste: Strawberry Lemonade was very refreshing. It wasn't an overpowering flavor, but rather a more simple taste that I enjoyed ore than some of the more 'complex flavors' out there like super mountain berry explosion or something.

Mixibilty: very quality powder that gave me no mixing issues. I used a standard shaker bottle with about 8 ounces of water.

Dosage: 1 scoop 10 minutes before my workout. The product explicitly says to not take more than one scoop every day, most likely due to the high caffeine content.

Pump: Above average, but nothing 'amazing'. I was actually expecting the pump to be worse based on the amount of Citrulline Malate but I was impressed. Vascularity was definitely evident and I felt 'juiced up' for my entire workout.

Endurance: Once again above average performance for this category. There was a clear endurance boost that allowed me to hit more sets after I normally hit my 'wall' during a workout. I did not have any beta alanine tingles however because I am used to taking 3g+ of Beta alanine.

Energy: THIS IS WHERE THE PRODUCT SHINES! The energy jolt was a slap in the face and that sustained energy release kept it coming for my wholeeee workout. I was blown away by the rush of energy I received shortly after consuming it. I get into the gym after a long 10-11 hour day in the hot sun at work, so mentally and physically I'm absolutely dead, but this thing revved me up every single time. I LOVED the energy portion of this product.

Focus: Very average, I didn't feel like anything really changed here.

You can get this product for $19.99 on MuscleandStregnth.com which comes out to 67 cents per serving. For an energy pre workout with a little extra stuff thrown in there this is a GREAT DEAL!

Side Effects

None!

Conclusion

A great energy product with good pumps and endurance for a GREAT price. I will definitely be purchasing this one in the future.

Overall
        Thanks to Redcon1 for sending it out!
          June 25, 2018

Pros:
         Cons:
        • Filling

Affordable 'meal on the go' that can fit into anyones macros.

What's up guys? Calories are essential for maintaining gains and even more so when trying to make more gains when working a very active job. It's hard to always have cooked meals on hand when you're on a construction site. I picked this product because of the 'easy calories' that I could consume while on the go. I'd like to thank Redcon and SR for making this review possible. Let's dive right in shall we!

I pulled this straight off the website, "MRE Lite co...

Affordable 'meal on the go' that can fit into anyones macros.

I pulled this straight off the website, "MRE Lite contains no whey protein allowing for easy digestion. Instead, you'll get beef, salmon, egg, and chicken protein. Plus, the healthy benefits of brown rice protein, pea protein, and MCT oil." I like these ingredients as a change of pace from classic whey. I feel like a meal replacement powder should be made of more 'real food' if you understand why I'm saying (I'm not saying that whey protein is fake food lol).

1 serving:
          134 Calories
          2g Fat
          4g Carbs
          1g Fiber
          24g Protein

The macronutrients look VERY good here. 134 calories is definitely lower than your traditional meal replacement options and an extremely low fat/carb content. The carbs is what really caught my eye. This allows this powder to fit basically ANYBODY'S nutrition plan and makes it 'easy on the mind' as a macronutrient friendly meal on the go.

Taste: Oatmeal Chocolate Chip was enjoyable. Not the greatest taste in the world but far from the worst. A solid 7.5/10

Mixibility: I used 3 servings at a time so naturally mixing took a little more effort, but even then i didn't experience any real problems mixing it in my shaker bottle.

Dosage: The company recommends taking up to 3 servings per day and for my purposes as using it as a true meal replacement during the 5 hour gap between breakfast and lunch 3 servings was perfect. This gave me an easily accessible 402 calories to feed my body while at work.

A meal replacement really has a few real purposes for me:
          Did it fill me up? YES! Three servings was quite efficient at not only leaving me satisfied but full for about 2 hours after consuming. This usually got me through to my next meal of the day (which would be a more traditional lunch).

Was it convenient? It couldn't have been easier to carry with me on the go. All you need is a plastic bag to keep the powder in and a shaker bottle to ad water to later.

Did it help me achieve my goals? My goal with this product was to add an easily accessible 400 calories to my diet every day to keep me from losing weight while on the job and it contributed to that! I can't imagine a more macro-friendly way to get that many calories in while working a strenuous job.

Muscle and Strength has this for $30 ($1 per serving). Let's compare it to a meal since it is a lite meal replacement. Even at using the recommended 3 servings a day that comes out to $3 per day. I certainly cannot think of any place that sells a convenient, macro-friendly meal on the go for $3, so I'll give it a solid 8 value. Not the best deal in the world, but for its purpose it's really not expensive.

Side Effects

Conclusion

This is a great supplement that can fit into anybody's diet and can be easily carried on the road. It's hard not to like a meal replacement with this kind of profile.

Overall
          Thanks to VMI Sports for sending it out!
            June 18, 2018

Pros:
           Cons:
          • Improved Hydration
          • Improved Recovery
          • Fully Disclosed
          • Reduced Fatigue
          • Endurance
          • Taste
          • Price

One of the best BCAA formulas I've seen for the price point.

What is going on guys? I have another BCAA review for you today. I claimed this product because of the reputable VMI brand and the good looking label! I'd like to thank all the people at SR and VMI for making this review possible. Let's dive right in.

Highlights:
            7g of BCAAs
            (3.5g Leucine, 1.75g isoleucine, 1.75g Valine)
            1.25g of Betaine
            25mg of Vitamin B12

One of the best BCAA formulas I've seen for the price point.

Highlights:
            7g of BCAAs
            (3.5g Leucine, 1.75g isoleucine, 1.75g Valine)
            1.25g of Betaine
            25mg of Vitamin B12

Right off the bat you notice that this product uses 7g of BCAAs as opposed to the traditional 5g per serving. I love this and wish that more companies went higher than the normal 5g dose. They also include a big dose of vitamin B6 and added in things like potassium, magnesium, sodium chloride, and calcium glycinate. The 'star' of this product is clearly the BCAAs and when I'm looking for a BCAA product that's really all that I care about! However, the addition of betaine which is a very underrated supplement in my opinion is a great add on. Betaine works to help improve overall strength throughout the course of your workout.

Taste: Pink Lemonade was very very good. This is one of the better tasting supplements I've used. It really tastes like pink crystal light lemonade!

Mixibility: Never had any problems, mixed with 8 ounces of water (or a full shaker bottle)

Dosage: 1 serving pre-workout or intraworkout was my usual dosage. I did use 2 servings in a day twice to see if there was more of an impact but I felt no real difference from the 1 serving. Because there was 7g of BCAAs in this product I saw no real reason to increase my dosage regularly. One serving was enough to meet my needs.

One serving was effective at decreasing my DOMs pretty significantly. I wasn't nearly as sore as I was before and I felt like my recovery time was faster and more efficient while using this product. I never felt dehydrated during my workouts while I was taking this as an intra, kudos to VMI for nailing the hydration aspect of this product. When I'm looking at effectiveness for a BCAA/Intra product I'm really just looking at recovery and muscle soreness. Both of these things were significantly improved during my trial with the product. I was able to train more intensely for longer due to the multiple benefits and wake up the next morning feeling pretty refreshed.

You can currently get this on AllStarHealth.com for around $24 which I think is a GREAT price for a BCAA product with 7g of BCAAs. 80 cents a serving is more than reasonable for the recovery benefits that I experienced.

Side Effects

Conclusion

This is a really good BCAA/Intra product for good price! I would highly recommend it.

June 10, 2018

Pros:
             Cons:
            • Organic Whey
            • Gluten Free
            • Grass Fed Sources
            • Easy On The Stomach
            • Sweetened With Stevia
            • Pricey

A clean, premium protein for a very premium price.

What is going on guys? I always jump on the opportunity to try any new protein opportunities and this was no exception. I loved the organic look of this product and thought it was worth a try! I'd like to thank SR and Total Go for making this review possible. Let's dive right in shall we.

A clean, premium protein for a very premium price.

This product is unique in the fact that it is GMO free organic, 100% cage free-grass fed protein. It is a whey protein with very minimal ingredients. It contains just natural flavors and its sweetened by stevia.In the ingredient list they make a statement saying, "There are ZERO fillers, colors, carbs, sugars, or preservatives." I'm assuming they mean added sugars as there is still 2g of carbs/sugars included on the label.

1 scoop:
            117 calories
            2.1g Carbs
            1.7g Fat
            2.1g Sugar
            24g Protein

This is a very macro-friendly pure whey protein powder from a calories standpoint. You can definitely make this fit into any nutrition plan. I really like the natural/organic aspect of this product and the fact that it is sweetened with stevia instead of real sugar.

Taste: I got chocolate cream and It was a solid 7/10 in the flavor department. I don't love chocolate to begin with but it wasn't bad! I enjoyed drinking it (but I'll always be more of a vanilla guy).

Mixibility: I never had any issues mixing this product and I used 2 scoops every time. If you want it thicker use less water and vice versa.

Dosage: I'm currently working a labor intensive job so I took 2 scoops every day to meet my protein requirements and a few days I took more like 3 scoops (spread out throughout a few hours) when I was REALLY hungry and had lots of hours of manual labor between me and my next meal. I usually took 2 scoops immediately post workout or immediately upon waking in the morning on my way to work. When I took 3 scoops in a day I would take a scoop every couple of hours to try to tide me over until I could go home and get a real meal in. Some days I would eat lunch at 11 and then not get home to make dinner until after 8:00.

1.) Was it filling? I found two scoops to satisfy me for 2-3 hours depending on how much water I mixed in with it.

2.)Did it help with "Gainz?" In a word, Yes! it allowed me to add a clean source of protein to my diet with minimal carbs while on the go. As a whole though, your diet and training regimen is much more impactful on your 'gainz' than any supplement ever will be.

3.) Convenience? Working an active job meant that I needed a protein source that was easy to take on the go versus having to cook it right then and there. Powders are as easy as it gets and helped me hit my macronutrient goals every day.

4.) Any digestion problems? I had ZERO issues while using this product. It settled after I drank it and never gave me any stomach pain.

The cheapest value I could find is about $67 on the TBN website per serving, so your paying around $1.51 per scoop. If you're double scooping like me then this can get VERY expensive. I understand that the organic protein market is obviously going to be more expensive than your everyday run of the mill protein powder and I get that. BUT for my wallet, I don't think that this would be a viable option for me and my needs.

Side Effects

Conclusion

This is a great protein powder for a premium price. It can fit into anyone's macros with very minimal effort and can help support healthy muscle growth. I would recommend it for the quality and effectiveness BUT the price really knocks down the overall score for me personally.

Overall
            Thanks to NutraBio for sending it out!
              June 3, 2018

• Fully Disclosed Label
            • Proper Doses
            • Great Pumps
            • Endurance
            • Taste Could Be Sweeter
            • Little Too Expensive

Great pre workout at a little higher than competition price

What is going on guys? I am extremely excited to give a review on NutraBio's juggernaut of a pre-workout. I was attracted to this product because of the respect that I have for the NutraBio brand and the impressive looking label. I'd like to thank NutraBio and SR for making this review possible. Let's dive right in!

There's a lot to go over here so I'm just going to go over some of my favorites. Here's the highlight reel:

3.5g of Leucine: This is the primar...

Great pre workout at a little higher than competition price

3.5g of Leucine: This is the primary amino acid when it comes to protein synthesis. Your body could in theory rebuild your muscles as they're breaking them down. And this dosage is higher than most BCAA products!! That's crazy awesome to me and I wish more pre-workouts implemented BCAAs into their formula.

3.2g of Beta Alanine: This is what gives you the tingly sensations on your face and ears. 3.2g is the exact clinical dose recommended for optimal performance. Beta Alanine is primarily used to increase endurance which can mean more reps or more sets at the end of a workout.

3g of Creatine Monohydrate: When taken pre-workout it can support as a sustainable energy source and obviously benefit your strength training.

2.5g of Betaine: A very UNDERRATED supplement in my opinion. I really want to see more companies pair this with beta-alanine. It can delay muscular fatigue and allow athletes to train harder, for longer. It also can give you that 'fuller' muscular look because it aids in preventing dehydration.

1.7g of DL Malic Acid: Aids in energy production

500mg of Creatine Magnapower: MORE CREATINE WOOOO! Some people say this stuff digests/absorbs better, but I'll always be a skeptic of the fancy creatine. Monohydrate will always be good enough for me.

6g of Citrulline: NOT CITRULLINE MALATE! The 6g here is above the clinical dose and is guaranteed to give you some legendary skin shredding pumps. I love the 'overdosing', if you want to even call it that, of pump products. It makes me feel like a complete juggernaut my entire workout.

1g of Agmatine Sulfate: Another NO booster/ pump aid. In my experience 1g is underdosed, however, when you pair it with the 6g of citrulline I think that it is another great addition.

750mg of Nitrosgine: Another pump aid that can help increase blood flow.

1.5g of Tyrosine: Improved focus and possible 'tunnel vision' feelings

500mg of Choline Bitartrate: Another focus/ cognitive aid. I like seeing multiple supplements in one product that help with focus and concentration. I find that it makes me feel more invested into every rep.

350mg of Caffeine (Caffeine Anhydrous 250 mg and Infinergy 100 mg): Nutrabio uses two forms in this product. This is a great dose amount for me. I would only want maybe a little more caffeine in here and I really wouldn't want anything under 300. This should give me a very good jolt to jump start my workout.

2g of Taurine: This supports optimal blood flow and because of the better blood flow it can be useful in supporting energy, muscle strength and endurance.

NutraBio also adds a slough of vitamins and electrolytes to round out their formula. To me, this is one of the best pre-workout labels that I have ever laid my eyes on. They use lots of great products with a variety of benefits and present them in quality or clinical doses. I'm very impressed by the ingredient list to say the least.

Taste: Blue Raspberry was a solid 7.5/10 for me. I'm one of the few people that likes really sweet tasting supplements and this just didn't hit that 'sweet spot' for my taste buds. It wasn't a bad all around flavor though. i just never got excited to drink (But I was dreading it either hence why I gave it a 7.5 rating)

Mixibility: Phenomenal mixing as always with NutraBio products. I've never had any issues in that regard with this company.

Dosage: I got my best results taking 1 serving of this 10 mins before I worked out. It would usually kick in about halfway through my first couple of warm up sets.

Pump: Could've fooled me as a pump supplement with the 6g of citrulline and the addition of 1g of Agmatine. My veins sprouted like tree roots out of my arms with minimal effort. Once I really got into my working sets the pump became scarily evident. I loved every second of it because it made me feel like a superhero. One of the better pumps I have ever received from an all around pre-workout product.

Endurance: The endurance boost was very good but nothing out of the ordinary for a product with similar dosages of beta alanine and betaine. Don't get me wrong it still gave me slight tingles and allowed me to further my workouts by squeezing in an extra burnout set or two at the end but it wasn't as 'out of this world' as the pumps were. It's almost what I expected to feel as opposed to be surprised by how effective it was.
            Focus: Above average in my opinion, I felt very invested into every rep/set and didn't find my mind wandering to other areas or stresses of life. That's mainly what I'm looking for in the focus category. Just something that multiplies my obsession a little bit so that at least for that hour or two nothing else in the world matters. A bit dramatized but you get it lol. I'd say the product was right on the border of tunnel vision for me.

Energy: The combination of caffeine sources worked beautifully here. It doesn't hit really hard in the beginning, but it lasted my whole workout without fail. It felt like a clean sustainable kind of energy rather than a cracked out kind of feeling.

Overall Feeling: Bottom line is, this stuff bangs. I had very good to great results in every category for this pre-workout. I loved using it everyday.

I thought I found this product for cheaper on illpumpyouup.com but it turns out that was for the old version of the product. The new version sells for at least $40 on multiple websites (bodybuilding.com and amazon) and That's $2 per serving. For the results I got and the clinical doses I can see where the price comes from. I love the clinical doses in the label but similar pre-workouts like Pre Jym, Outlift, and full spectrum are all less than $2 per serving. So while I'm not appalled by the price, I can't say that it's the best deal out there.

Side Effects

Conclusion

This is a great all around pre-workout with a slightly more expensive price tag than other members of its class.

Overall
            Thanks to NutraBio for sending it out!
              May 30, 2018

• Increased Recovery
            • Needs A Little More Creatine
            • Taste Needs A Little Work

Good addition if you already have a stack assembled.

What is going on guys? This is a rather interesting product review today because I've never seen any other product like it. NutraBio put together a mixture of commonly helpful supplements into one blend. I'd like to thank NutraBio and SR for making this review possible and without further delay let's jus right in!

Fully disclosed label with no additives or fillers:
            5g of Creatine: that includes 4.17g of creatine monohydrate and 830mg of creatine magna power.
            Creati...

Good addition if you already have a stack assembled.

Fully disclosed label with no additives or fillers:
            Creatine is one of the most researched supplements on the market today and has many benefits for bodybuilders, powerlifters, and really all gym rats alike. It can aid in an increase in strength gains and support lean mass gain. It is a must-have in anyone's stack. A lot of people believe in creatine loading so the dose could be higher here to maybe attract more buyers.

4g of Glutamine: This can be very valuable because glutamine is a great add for muscle recovery benefits due to glutamine depletion. I would like to see a little more here, as I personally, have seen the greatest benefits with glutamine involving doses in the 5g to 10g range.

2g of Taurine: Taurine can be useful in supporting energy, muscle strength and endurance. Think of it as a supplement for your other supplements.

At first glance, this looks like a pretty random collection of ingredients. But NutraBio may be onto something. The combination of benefits between these three simple supplements is actually quite remarkable and could be the difference in breaking through a fitness plateau.

Taste: Lemon Lime was as good as a lemon lime flavor good be to me. I'm not a huge fan of the flavor in general, but it reminded me of a yellow sports drink. The flavor strength depends on how much water you mix in with it.

Mixibility: No issues to report. Make sure to use at least 8 ounces of water or the flavor will be VERY potent/strong.

Dosage: I used 1 serving for ten days and then upped it to 2 servings for the remaining 15 days. When I took 1 serving I would take that serving immediately post workout and when I used 2 servings I would take one pre workout and one immediately post workout.

I did norice that, my DOMs went down quite noticeably with 2 scoops. I think this is due to the 8g of Glutamine. At least for me, when I'm supplementing between 5g-10g of glutamine that's when I feel like I get the full benefits of the supplement. I woke up feeling more refreshed as opposed to not taking anything at all.

I think the addition of creatine and taurine as daily supplements can be very useful for overall strength training and muscle water retention. I felt like this product made my muscles look and feel 'fuller'. I never felt flat while taking this product (in terms of muscle water retention). I purposefully pushed myself to train heavier since I was intaking so much monohydrate. It definitely helped me lift heavier more consistently than I had been and hit higher numbers on my compound lifts. I use compound lifting as the 'benchmark' for which I measure my strength gains. If I can lift more weight or do a higher number reps while taking a supplement like this then I would usually consider that product beneficial in helping me reach my goals. And this product did exactly that as my numbers did increase by 5-10 pounds or a couple extra reps that I wasn't able to get the month before. That doesn't sound like a lot to most people but it's more than enough for me lol.

The cheapest prices I could find were on amazon.com and LuckyVitamin.com where both sites sold this for $19.99. That comes out to roughly 50 cents per serving. I think that the price is very fair considering you can buy the individual ingredients in bulk for very cheap separately. I also think that the benefits do justify the price in this case.

Side Effects

Conclusion

This is a great add to any stack if you are looking for a recovery/strength aid to add to your stack without breaking the bank.

Overall
            Thanks to Acropolis Nutrition for sending it out!
              May 14, 2018

• Fully Disclosed
            • High-quality Ingredients
            • Natural
            • Amazing Pump
            • Good Endurance
            • Could Be Slightly Cheaper

A pump chasers dream pre-workout at a fairly reasonable price for what you're getting.

What is going on guys? I've got another pre-workout review for you all today. To avoid any confusion, I'd like to reiterate what I said in my Total War review. I only used 1 serving of this product during my overlap with total war. I tried one serving then put it back in the cabinet until I could give it the one on one attention that this pre workout deserves! I claimed this product due to the impressive looking label and would like to thank everyone at SR and Acropolis Nutrition for making this review possible.

They have given us a fully disclosed label which will make this process so much easier. Here are some of the highlights:

7g of Citrulline Malate: This is every pump chasers dream. The clinical dose is listed at 6g so this product gives us that extra gram to hopefully push it over the top with some real skin shredding pumps.

500mg of Beet Root extract: This will also aid in the nitric oxide department, however, I do wish that there was a little bit more included.

300mg of L-Norvaline: esupplements.com describes norvaline as such- "norvaline works by inhibiting arginase, allowing you to achieve longer, stronger pumps that give more power and recovery ability. In fact, studies show L-norvaline can improve pumps up to 60%." Again I believe these effects would be even more noticeable in higher dosage.

3g of Beta Alanine: This can greatly increase your endurance during your workout. 3g sits right under the clinical dose of 3.2g. If you are not used to supplementing with Beta Alanine than 3g could possibly give you a tingly sensation on your face that make you feel like you can run through a wall. At least from my experiance, Beta Alanine helps add extra reps to my sets at the end of tiring workouts that I would not have been able to achieve otherwise.

2g of Betaine: This one is very underrated in my opinion. It can delay muscular fatigue and allow athletes to train harder, for longer.

2g of Creatine HCl: There are obvious benefits for strength training and overall bodybuilding style of training. Creatine saturation can also help in ATP and strength gains

1.5g of Taurine: It is known to help aid in blood flow and metabolism.

1.5g of Tyrosine: increases mental alertness and focus

300mg Purecaf coffee bean extract: So this is not your traditional caffeine supplement. I'm really hoping some of the qualities will be similar . I personally know nothing about this so here's a snippet about it from appliedfoods.com 'PurCaf organic caffeine is a powdered extractstandardized at 95% pure caffeine extracted from green coffee beans. PurCaf is non-GMO and one of the only GRAS caffeine sources in the industry today for safe use in beverages. While being highly water soluble, PurCaf organic caffeine is also clear in solution and has a neutral taste profile.'

450mg of Stevia Leaf extract: to enhance sweetness, (I'm low-key excited for this)

And to top it all off we have 3g of BCAAs in a 2:1:1 ratio. This is something that I rarely see in pre workouts and wish that more companies did! Supplementation of BCAAs right before your workouts could be very beneficial (or at least a positive placebo effect for me personally). This profile is very solid. It specializes in a good pump but they add in a little bit of everything which I personally really like. I've got a feeling that this is more than just a one trick pony.

Taste: Berry Lemonade was one of the sweetest pre-workouts I have ever drank. If you don't like artificial sweeteners or a really sweet taste then this flavor is not for you. However, I loved every sip. The sweetness played a part in 'waking me up' and getting in the right mindset to battle the weights.

Mixibility: You gotta make an effort to get this stuff to mix all the way in. It wasn't anything problematic just slightly annoying that after the initial shaking, in between sips, you would probably need to shake it again to get some of the sediment to mix in. In the products defense, it does mention that on the side of the bottle that the powder ay settle at the bottom and to just keep shaking it as you drink it.

Dosage: They recommend that you take 1 serving 30 minutes before your workout and that's exactly what I did. I did try double scooping once and I do NOT recommend it. It was a very 'overpowering' sensation that made me feel worse rather than better. If you're not used to some of the higher dosages of ingredients then the manufacturer's also recommend that you start with half a scoop.

PUMP: This was the best part of this product by far. I've supplemented with citrulline malate for a long time so I'm used to the whole 'veiny pump' thing, but these pumps were on another level. I don't know if they stuck some magic fairy juice in there or what but I have never responded this well to a pump product before. Whatever muscle group I was targeting was laced with veins the ENTIRE workout and my whole drive home afterwards. I'm in the middle of a lean bulk so I'm more used to slowly losing sight of my veins/vascularity over time as I gain weight not seeing veins in my calves and quads that I don't remember seeing the day before. I felt absolutely juiced every single workout while taking this product. I can't say enough positive things about the wicked pumps I got every day.

Endurance: Surprisingly solid, not as heavenly as the pumps but it is clearly evident that the 3g of beta-alanine listed on the label is present. I got a slight tingle on the top of my ears (I'm used to beta-alanine so it usually takes around 4g to give me the normal face tingles) and I did not fatigue as quickly as I would expect myself too. This amounts to an extra exercise at the end of my regularly scheduled workout or an extra 2-4 sets. That may not sound like a lot, but it's music to my ears. You'll be able to smash your compound movements and still have some drive left in the tank to get some volume work in after.

Focus: Mild to standard by my experience. I've had products that gave me much better 'tunnel vision' and tis product was more like it kept me on track. I was focused on my sets but not 'obsessed' with every fine detail like some supplements can make you feel.

Energy: The organic coffee bean extract gave me just enough energy to jumpstart my workout but nothing crazy. I feel like 300mg of regular caffeine works a little bit better for my body and is slightly more effective.

After doing some digging, it appears that this product is only available on the manufacturer's website for $37.99 ($1.89 per serving). It isn't the best deal but for what you're getting I think that it is worth it, and when you compare it to other pre-workouts with clinical dosages it comes pretty close and competitive. My only knock is that this product could in theory become expensive if you were buying it every 20-25 days.

Side Effects

Tingles if not used to beta-alanine

Conclusion

This is a pump chasers dream with some other very good benefits that everyone can benefit from. The pump alone may be worth the price of admission.