BlakePullen

TROPHY CASE

Reviews by BlakePullen

September 18, 2018

Pros:
 Cons:
    • No Energy

An energy drink that lacks energy and adds a LOT of sugar into your diet without any seeable benefits.

What is going on guys? I am an avid energy drink 'enthusiast' and have enjoyed various kinds of Monsters for years. I'll be honest the camo colors and aggressive name (ASSAULT) definitely reeled me into trying this product.

Ingredients: carbonated water, sugar, glucose, taurine, citric acid, sodium citrate, natural flavors, panax ginseng extract, phosphoric acid, carnitine, and a load of other minor ingredients/vitamins along with 160mg of caffeine per can

Each can has:
    200 calories
    50g Carbs (50g of sugar)
    370mg sodium
    0g protein
    0g fat

This thing has about as much sugar as a can of coke. I personally do not like to ingest most of my carbs from fluids, especially from something as sugary as this, but the Monster brand reeled me in yet again to give it a chance. These macronutrients are not the best for anyone counting macros or trying to limit their weight gain, but compared to other regular energy drinks this is pretty normal. I was surprised at the low-ish caffeine content. Their Monster Ultra drinks (which are my personal favorites btw) come with 180mg of caffeine per can and a rockstar would supply you with 220-240mg of caffeine so this almost seems to be a little-underdosed energy drink for me.

Taste: Too sweet for me and left that gritty taste on your teeth like after drinking a Gatorade. I'll be sticking with the sugar-free Ultra monsters from now on

Mixibility: none

Dosage: 1 can per day

My caffeine tolerance is definitely higher than most but even then I was surprised at how little this product did for me. I took a nap within an hour of drinking one of these so it could barely keep me awake nevertheless get me amped up for a workout. That disappointed me the most as that's what the product was supposed to do 'energize' me. I didn't get any noticeable energy benefits at all.

This stuff seems impossible to find in stores and I was only able to find it on Amazon.com for right under $20 for a pack of 8 and $43.70 for a pack of 24. The larger pack comes out to $1.80 per can which is a little under the normal cost of most energy drinks if you were to go to your local gas station and buy one monster or rockstar at $2-2.50. The 8 pack comes out to about $2.50 per can which isn't a deal at all, in my opinion, as you can find a lot of energy drinks equal to this or cheaper.

Side Effects

Conclusion

An energy drink that doesn't give you energy? It's a hard pass for me

September 17, 2018

Pros:
     Cons:
    • Vegan
    • GMO Free
    • Wish There Was More Protein Per Serving
    • Not Cheap
    • Needs More Servings

A high priced vegan protein that could benefit from including more protein.

What is going on guys? Vegan protein is slowly becoming popular and I wanted to get in on the 'pea isolate' fad! I'd like to give a big shoutout to SR and TBN labs for making this review possible. Let's get it!

1 serving:
    132 Calories
    1.7g Fat (.44g Saturated)
    10g Carbs
    20g Protein

A high priced vegan protein that could benefit from including more protein.

1 serving:
    132 Calories
    1.7g Fat (.44g Saturated)
    10g Carbs
    20g Protein

Farmers berry blend 6g: Isolated pea protein, Organic Wild Blueberry Juice Powder, Organic Cranberry Juice Powder, Organic Strawberry Juice Powder, Organic Blackberry Juice Powder, Organic Pomegranate Juice Powder, Freeze Dry Strawberry Powder

All other Ingredients: L Taurine, N Acetyl L Cystein, Organic Grape Seed Extract and Stem Extract, Organic Astragalus Root, Organic Dandelion Extract [Leaf/Root], Milk Thistle [80% Silymarine Root], Probiotic Blend and Fibersol 2.

This protein is plant based from isolated pea protein. It's the vegan alternative to the usual dairy-based protein that floods the markets today. The 'vegan' part of this product definitely places it in an upper tier as far as usual market prices go. Vegan products are almost always way more pricey than your usual alternatives, but the macros on this thing are very flexible. 20 grams of protein is a little lower than i would like to see for a dose compared to the rest of the market but I like the low-fat content. 10g of carbs won't make or break you either, as far as I'm concerned I like carbs immediately post workout with my protein so this helps to get the ball rolling. The ingredients are obviously all natural so this protein is pretty much as 'clean' (from the earth) as you're gonna get. I'ver never taken a pea isolate before so I'm very curious to see how my body reacts to it. I also don't want to finish this section without mentioning that this product is also GMO free!

Taste: I've never had a berry tasting protein before (I got the farmers berries flavor) and that kind of weirded me out lol but the taste was fine. I'm just so used to the vanilla chocolate tastes that I was confused when my protein tasted like a BCAA or pre workout product.

Mixibility: Very easy mixing, never any problems

Dosage: I took 2 scoops immediately post workout to supplement 40g of protein into my daily diet. With my days getting busier and busier it's hard to get quality 'normal' sources of protein from food. I really wish there was more than 20 servings in a container when you do 2 scoops a day like i usually do with all my protein powders, this stuff goes really quick.

As far as protein is concerned, I believe it did what it was supposed to do. It supplemented my daily protein intake and helped me achieve my daily protein needs in a convenient portable powder. Now, i think the product would have benefited me more if every serving contained just a little bit more protein so that maybe i wouldn't have to double scoop every day. I didn't experience any stomach/digestion issues while taking this product. Bloating was basically nonexistent. And I'm almost certain that this product helped me build lean muscle (contributed the same amount as any other protein source would.)

This product is right under $60 on Amazon and the manufacturer's site ($59.55) for 20 servings. That's $3 per scoop and if you're using multiple per day that gets really expensive fast. I get that vegan products cost more than your run of the mill protein powder but I looked for alternatives to compare pricing and you can get similar products by Vega in the $20-$25 range for 9-10 servings. That would be somewhere between $40 and $50 for 20 servings like this product. So it's not absolutely insane when you look at the vegan protein market, but even then it still is on the expensive side.

Side Effects

Conclusion

If you're looking for a vegan protein this is a good one for a BIG price.

Overall
    Overall
    3.0
    3.0
    Thanks to Earth's Creation USA for sending it out!
      September 4, 2018

Pros:
     Cons:
      • No Results At All

These are not the magic pills you're looking for. I did not respond to the product at all.

What is going on guys? I was immediately attracted to this product because of the very bold and rather general claims made on the front of the product. I always like to take these products to see if they really live up to the manufacturer's marketing hype or if they're just as real as placebo magic beans.

"Powered by mTOR Technology, clinically tested, all-natural, OptiNOs stimulates pathways to promote the anabolic process and simulate muscle biosynthesis."

We've got some big old prop blends:
      The OptiNOs blend containing 750mg of Tumeric extract, Veldt grape extract, and Bishop's weed extract

The Nitric Oxide Complex containing 1200mg of L-Citrulline and L-Arginine

So here's the gist of it,
      Tumeric is known for some antioxidant benefits (specifically that of curcumin) and potential to decrease muscle soreness but at much higher dosages than this entire prop blend is worth

Veldt grape extract is an herb known for its benefits for bone/joint health. More importantly, it's also said to induce vasodilation and therefore give you a better pump. Recommend ed dosages look like at least 300mg so it could be around the right dose in this blend.

Bishop's weed is used for digestive disorders, asthma, chest pain (angina), kidney stones, and fluid retention.

Citrulline is well known for its pump abilities in the pre-workout world, but here it's clearly and severely underdosed. Arginine also supports vasodilation and serves as a good pump aid but yet again appears to be underused in this formula.

I'm not super excited about the label. For a non-stim pre-workout, you really have to cook up a 'magic sauce' to get the user at least a power pump (especially with a name like OptiNOs) and I really didn't get that feeling from reading it. Most of it appears to be underdosed and judging by the spiratic and wild label claims looks like a blatant attempt to swipe money off the uneducated public.

These were in pill form so there was no taste or mixing involved. It was recommended to take 3 capsules daily (1 serving) 30 minutes before my workout, so that's exactly what I did. Once I realized that nothing was happening i upped it to 2 servings (6 pills) 30 minutes before my workout for the last 7 days of my trial, because there was no disclaimer saying that I couldn't take more than one serving and because it was 100% ineffective for me thus far.

Before I give my experience, I just want to go over some of the 'radical claims' on the product. 12X Average Increase in Arm Size, 58 LB Increase in Bench Press, 78 LB Increase in Leg Press, 6X More Endurance, 3X More Lean Body Mass, 140% Improved Lactate Clearance, Increases Energy and Endurance, Enhances Muscle Building and Recovery all compared to their placebo group. Well where do I sign up?? This sounds like the magic pill to me. And on top of all that it says on the back, "The result? Faster gains and shorter recovery times."
      When it sounds too good to be true, it almost always is. I did not experience ANY of the benefits, promises, or wild claims. I didn't even get an improved pump. I tried taking the product in the morning with food and without food and in the afternoon and at night but regardless of the time I took it nothing happened. this product did not impact my recover and absolutely did not impact my 'gains'. I wish I had more to report about but literally NOTHING happened good or bad during my trial of this product.

When a product doesn't work, I don't care what the price is because it won't be worth it to me. It appears to only be sold on the manufacturer's website for $39.99. Absolutely not worth it for me.

Side Effects

N/A

Conclusion

A wildly marketed product with 'magic results' is usually a bad product and this product sadly proved that.

Overall
      Thanks to Myokem for sending it out!
        August 24, 2018

Pros:
       Cons:
      • Felt Leaner And Fuller
      • Slow Strength Progression
      • No Significant Appetite Increase

I didn't get most of the benefits listed for this product besides the feeling of being 'leaner/fuller' which could have been due to a placebo effect.

What is going on guys? This is my first time trying a product from this category so I was very excited. The old version of magnitropin got great reviews back in 2015 so naturally I was very intrigued! I'd like to thank SR and Myokem for making this review possible. Let's get it.

I'd like to start out by saying shout out to fellow trooper Chim and giving him due credit for the skeleton of this ingredient list because he got these ingredients right on point, so I'm just going to be adding some points onto his findings:

1.45g PAEDERIA FOETIDA EXTRACT: Paederia foetida is a plant that goes by various names, including Chinese fever vine, and is a natural test booster. examine.com claims there is limited research on the plant so they could not recommend an optimal human dose though there are lab rat tests.

300mg CISTANCHE DESERTICOLA EXTRACT: Cistanche deserticola extract has been found to improve muscle recovery, strength, and endurance. This is another plant that helps improve stamina and defense against diseases, again not a whole lot of research could be found.

300mg GENTIANA LUTEA EXTRACT: Gentiana lutea extract improves your digestion while stimulating your appetite, encouraging greater food intake to fuel growing muscle mass. This would make sense wouldn't it, the more you eat while lifting the greater potential for muscle growth.

102mg EPICATECHIN: Studies suggest that epicatechin has been found to increase your resistance to fatigue and can effectively promote muscle growth and increased strength by stimulating muscle protein synthesis. This can be found in trace amounts in things like green tea and dark chocolate. It has a laundry list of benefits/claims so I'm really surprised that more supplements don't include them

7.5mg BIOPERINE BLACK PEPPER EXTRACT: Black pepper extract is a potent source of piperine which allows supplements to spend the right amount of time circulating in your body. This is found in many other supplements and acts as an absorbing agent.

These were pills so they were tasteless. The dosage explicitly said NOT to take more than 6 pills per day and that 3 of those pills should be taken around your workout while the other three can be taken any other time throughout the day.

Summary: My appetite was never really increased, so I didn't eat anymore than I was already eating on my lean bulk, and that's why I think I didn't gain any extra weight than I was already gaining. I did,however, feel leaner and 'fuller' while taking this product but that could've been a placebo.

I had high expectations going into this product because of all the crazy reviews I saw up from 2015 and to put it in a phrase, I was underwhelmed. Everybody harped on a big 'increase in appetite' once you got rolling into the supplement and that never really hit for me. I guess I got slightly more hungry (emphasis on slightlyyyy), but It was never to the point of knocking down hundreds more calories than I would normally on a daily basis. People talked about the weight gain/ muscle gain they experienced while taking this supplement. I started up my lean bulk again right before i started this product so I had already dialed in my diet to gain 2 to 3 pounds per month, or around half a pound per week. I maintained my diet throughout the entire duration of this product which is why I guess I was surprised that I didn't notice a surge in hunger maybe because i was already in a caloric surplus? I don't know, but my pattern of weight gain did NOT change while taking this product versus the weeks prior when I wasn't taking this product. I don't blame the product necessarily because I guess its' weight gain claims were based on you eating more calories due to the product making you hungrier. Sadly that didn't happen for me. My strength did rise while taking this product (nothing crazy for all you people still looking for that magic pill to boost your bench in a week) at a fairly consistent rate. I had started a new power bench program the same day that I started taking this product, so I was happy to see that. This last part could 100% be a placebo effect but I did feel 'leaner' while taking this product. Placebo or not I'll take it. Overall though I was underwhelmed with the performance of this product but not very surprised in the end.

I found this version of Magnitropin on Amazon for $55, however, it looks like the old version is on bestpricenutrition.com for $50. For the results I got which was simply 'feeling lean' this product is way too overpriced for me.

Side Effects

Conclusion

I had high hopes for this product but was overall underwhelmed with the results.

Thanks to HD Labs Nutrition for sending it out!
        August 24, 2018

• Recovery
      • Reduced DOMs

My high effectiveness rating is based on two servings per use. This product is good at that dosage but still overpriced either way you look at it (1 or 2 scoops at a time). They even recommended going up to 3 servings a day which would make the price per day skyrocket.

What is going on guys? I'm always excited to try another intra-product/BCAA and HD labs made one just appealing enough to catch my eye. The search for the best supplement will never end. I'd like to thank SR and HD Labs for making this review possible. Let's dive right in!

----Ing...

Here's the beef of the label that we really care about:

5g of BCAAs in 2:1:1 ratio: This is the basic cookie cutter amount of BCAAs that the bulk of supplement companies follow. It is a proven, effective amount, however I personally have experienced my best results at higher dosages.

1.35g of Choline Bitartrate: is said to help improve memory, focus, and many other cognitive functions

117mg VitaShure Caffeine: Slightly more caffeine than a cup of coffee for an added energy boost.
      On top of the main three ingredients here there's also a plethora of vitamins and electrolytes (Thiamin 1.1mg, Riboflavin 1.17mg, Vitamin B6 2mg, Vitamin B12 10mg, Choline 550mg, Chloride 190mg, Sodium 80mg, Potassium 210mg) none of which are too exciting or in large enough quantities to notice any external changes. I like the 5g BCAA model, but I no longer love it because as I said before I've had better results with higher dosages.

Taste: Crackberry lemonade: Major props for the name and the disclaimer that says "this product does not contain crack", I got a kick out of it lol. Overall it was another good, but not great flavor that you won't remember for being "amazingly good or horribly bad." Average berry-ish taste that had a little sour aftertaste to emulate the lemonade i guess. Wasn't bad by any means, but it didn't get me excited either.

Mixibility: Very easy, very standard no issues here

Dosage: The container has various suggestions for dosages depending on how you want to use the product. I used the product to better my recovery (and help me wake up) so I used 2 servings every morning to kickstart my day. They even recommend using up to 3 servings if you were trying to use the product for pre-workout energy.

DOMs: 2 servings really does the trick for muscle soreness. 10 grams of BCAAs definitely aid in my recovery (now how much of that is a placebo I'll never be sure). It wasn't a life-changing recovery aid but it definitely delivered a noticeable, positive impact.

Energy: I liked how it was a type of sustained release. It really doesn't hit you all at once, but rather gradually gives you a little energy. Now, I'm not caffeine sensitive at all so it would probably give more of an energy boost to someone that is not quite as used to caffeine.

Overall experience: This product was pretty good AT 2 SERVINGS. 1 serving would not have cut it for me in either category, so I wanted to give the company a fighting chance and follow the higher end of their recommended dosages. With that being said I could see people getting turned off from this product by the fact that they would only have a 15 day supply at 2 servings per day thus making the cost per day that much more.

Disclaimer: my effectiveness rating will be based off 2 servings

I could only find this product on the HD Labs Nutrition website for $35. Each tub is 30 servings so it comes out to about $1.17 per serving. If you used two servings like I did then it would become outrageously priced. Even at one serving, I'd consider $1.17 to be overpriced compared to the rest of the market.

Side Effects

Conclusion

This is a good product when using 2 servings but greatly overpriced.

Overall
      Thanks to Black Lion Research for sending it out!
        August 9, 2018

Pros:
       Cons:
      • Great Value
      • Great BCAA Dosage
      • DOMs Really Reduced
      • Not Much Flavor

A legit vegan sourced BCAA product that can help you reach your goals.

What is going on guys? This product caught my eye because of the impressive looking ingredient profile. I'd like to thank everyone and SR and Black Lion Research. Let's get right into it!

A legit vegan sourced BCAA product that can help you reach your goals.

8g of Vegan Fermented BCAAs 2:1:1 ratio: The manufacturer explains on their website that most BCAA products are made from skin/hair clippings (some gross stuff to think about). This product however, is made from only Vegan options like corn, which sounds much more appealing than the latter options lol. Eight grams of BCAAs is a GREAT dosage! I'm glad some companies are finally going over the traditional 5 grams per serving (which absolutely works I'm not knocking the 5g model), but sometimes you just need a little bit extra to truly maximize recovery. They kept the 2:1:1 model which is a proven effective ratio and sourced their 8 grams of BCAAs from vegan sources. The higher BCAA dosage is obviously the shining point of the product for me.

1g of HICA: Hydroxyisoleucine is the primary metabolite of leucine. Studies have shown that this can help increase muscle mass at dosages of around 500mg, so 1g is another GREAT dosage. It works to support gains in mass and strength while promoting accelerated muscle recovery. I've never really had a product that utilized HICA, but it sounds like a great add on for this product.

100mg of Sodium Citrate: might delay the onset of fatigue by acting as a buffer

100mg of Potassium Chloride: Another salt substitute that I can't find much information on scrolling through the internet.

This BCAA supplement has an impressive label! I'm very excited to get to try this.

Taste: I had Kiwi Strawberry. The taste was very weak to me and I mixed it with about 15-20 ounces of water. It wasn't bad tasting and it wasn't good tasting, so I can't really praise or ridicule it.

Mixibilty: Really flawless, the powder was so finely ground that it dissolved super easy for me every single time.

Dosage: I took 2-3 servings every day. One of those servings was after I woke up in the morning and the another was always directly after my workout in the afternoon.

This stuff 100% influenced my recovery in a positive way. DOMs went done VERY NOTICEABLY. I felt 'fresher' and that I recovered quicker than I would've while using a 5g BCAA supplement. The HICA was a little bit harder for me to measure effectiveness. I would like to think it influenced my bodies ability to perform protein synthesis in a positive way, but I really saw/felt no signs that would lead me to believe that anything different was happening. The BCAAs though absolutely did their job because I could feel the difference on a day to day basis.

I could only find this on the manufacturer's website where it is currently listed on sale for $22! For less than a dollar per serving you can get 8g of BCAAs and 1g of HICA. This is a GREAT value for me.

Side Effects

N/A

Conclusion

For the money and the results, you literally can't beat this product. If only the taste was stronger!

Overall
      Thanks to Roar Ambition for sending it out!
        August 3, 2018

Pros:
       Cons:
      • Great Pumps
      • Better Focus
      • Clumped Like Cement
      • Felt More Like A Pump Product Than A True Pre

This is good as a pump product, but rather average as an all around pre-workout. The difficulties scraping the stuff out of the container also make this a tougher sell for me personally.

What is going on guys? It's time for yet another pre-workout review thanks to the people at Roar Ambition and all our awesome people here at SR. I'm always looking for a new pre-workout and honestly was attracted to this product because of the cool design. Let's get right into the meat of the review shall we?

No prop blends (thank Go...

No prop blends (thank God), so we're off to a good start.

6g of Citrulline Di-Malate: The well-known pump enhancer at a pretty nice dose here. This will help push your pumps to that 'skin shredding' level.

1g of Creatine Monohydrate: The benefits of creatine in power and strength are well documented, however, I'm not sure how much 1g of monohydrate on its own will really do.

500mg of Acetyl L-Carnitine: can play a factor in reducing fatigue/muscle breakdown

300mg of Red Beet Root Extract: another nitric oxide booster to add to the 'pump effect'

300mg of Coconut Water Powder: this offers benefits for hydration

200mg of L-Theanine: aids in focus, but for me personally I wish they had included more of this because I love the tunnel vision sensation.

150mg of Caffeine: This is gonna be the main part of your energy boost, 150mg is about the same as a monster. As an avid coffee drinker, I have a higher caffeine tolerance than most so 150mg will not do a whole lot for me.

100mg of Rhodiola Rosea: This will aid in mental functions and improve overall brain function

Overall it's a solid formula as far as a pump is concerned but I'm missing key ingredients like beta-alanine on this label. Not the best but certainly far from the worst out there.

Taste: Fruit Blast was just not appealing to my taste buds in the slightest. It was a weird combination of sour and coconut that I just couldn't get into. I held my nose and chugged it down every time.

Mixibility: So the actual mixing of the product was pretty standard when using a shaker cup with at least 8-10 ounces of water. I didn't experience any issues there. Where I had problems was getting the product out of the actual container. After I opened the brand new sealed product I found the powder to literally be cemented together to the point where it was un-scoopable. I could NOT get this stuff out with the scooper at all. It was almost rock hard in there. The only way I could break it up into powder form was using a heavy metal knife and spoon over a 10 minute period of scraping and stabbing.

Dosage: I used 1 serving about 15 minutes before I started every workout during this trial.

The product claims to improve power, focus, stamina and pump.

Power:
      I felt like my power improved slightly as a result of this product 'revving me up'. It was nothing significant in the strength department because at the end of the day a pre-workout isn't going to magically make you stronger.

Focus:
      Definitely improved my focus noticeably in the gym, however, it was not tunnel vision. I was surprised at the improvement I noticed in my focus, but It was not as radical a change as with some other pre-workouts.

Stamina:
      Good but far from great. I really believe this product needs to add beta-alanine or maybe even betaine to really improve in this category. I found myself getting fatigued and tired a little bit faster than when I'm supplementing with 3g+ of beta-alanine.

Pump:
      This is by far the best part of the product. My pumps were VERY noticeable every single workout while I used this product. The vascularity was also really really good overall. I felt massive with these pumps and I loved every second of it.

Energy:
      For me personally, the caffeine was just enough to jumpstart my workout and then i really didn't experience much of an energy burst any time after the first 30 mins of my workout. I specifically wish this category was buffed up a bit!

I could only find this product on the companies website for $45 which comes out to a little over $2 per serving. I don't think that this particular formula is worth over $2 per serving especially not with the issues with scooping. I think it should be under the $2 per serving mark as other more well-rounded pre workouts cost around the same.

Side Effects

Conclusion

This is a good but not great pre-workout that felt more like a pump product to me than an all around pre.

Overall
      Thanks to VMI Sports for sending it out!
        August 1, 2018

• Good Digestion

Protein without a bunch of fat/carbs BUT the taste does not live up to the picture.

What is going on guys? Protein is a staple for every gym rats pantry so I'm always looking for new brands and new flavors to try. I was attracted to this product because of the 'natural' stamp on the container meaning that it had no artificial flavors or unnecessary fillers. I'd like to thank VMI Sports and SR as always for making this review possible. Let's dive right in!

This protein is 100% cold processed & filtered whey protein iso...

This protein is 100% cold processed & filtered whey protein isolate. There's not really much else to it. It has an EXTREMELY macro-friendly label!!! This is by far my favorite part of the product. 105 calories is lower, in my opinion than most of the proteins at your local nutrition store and the carbs and fats are almost NONEXISTENT. This means that this protein can fit into basically any nutrition plan without too much effort. I've got to tip the cap to VMI on this one because I love a protein that is really just a protein with basically no carbs, fats, or anything else that I'm not looking to add into my diet. It is a protein supplement after all.

1 serving is:
      105 calories
      <1g fat
      1g carb
      21g protein

Taste: I was disappointed here. I had the vanilla cake batter flavor and I am a huge fan of vanilla. However, this taste did not at all live up to expectations for me. There was barely any taste to it at all.

Mixibility: Very easy and very standard. No issues

Dosage: I took 1-2 scoops immediately post workout in an effort to build muscle and really take advantage of that so called 'post workout window' to get the most out of the supplement.

Did it help me build muscle?
      Being in a caloric surplus, i would've added weight/hopefully some lean mass either way but this supplement allowed me to supplement almost straight protein into my diet with barely any carbs or fat. This allowed me to more efficiently meet my macronutrient goals without adding unwanted excess carbs or fats.

Was it convenient?
      Like almost every other protein powder out there, this product was easy to transport and take on the go to use at my own convenience.

GI issues?
      I had no stomach issues while using this product. I didn't have any unpleasant gas or cramping either. Bloating was pretty much nonexistent as well during my trial.

The only place I could find to buy this was off of the manufacturer's website for $49.99. This comes out to $2 per serving and that's not exactly cheap by any means. Even though a supplement is a 'supplement' and taste shouldn't play a huge factor many people will disagree and choose not to spend their money on a supplement that doesn't taste good and who can blame them?

Side Effects

Conclusion

This is a macro-friendly supplement that just lacks the taste to live up to its price tag.

July 11, 2018

• Helps With Recovery
      • Could Be A Little Cheaper

Very standard protein for a pretty standard price.

Let me start off by thanking SR and TBN labs for making this review possible. During 'hard work' season I look to get as many easily accessible protein sources as possible into my diet. Protein powder is the easiest way for me to get a quick 20-40g of protein on the go. let's dive right in.

1 serving
      115 calories
      1.5g fat
      1g fiber
      5g carbs
      22g protein

Very standard protein for a pretty standard price.

1 serving
      115 calories
      1.5g fat
      1g fiber
      5g carbs
      22g protein

This protein is a gluten-free, grass-fed whey matrix containing seven different protein components to help nourish your muscles for up to 8 hours. It's a blend of some isolates like casein, milk, and egg. The macros are very versatile and should be able to fit into anyone's nutrition plan. I like the label overall. It looks a bit more quality than your run of the mill protein powder.

Taste: Dutch Chocolate Ice cream was good but not great. I have to put a disclaimer here that I'm not a huge chocolate fan in general so others that really enjoy that chocolatey taste will probably enjoy this more.

Mixibility: No problems at all, easy mixing even at two servings

Dosage: Dosing depends on the individuals needs, but I took 2 servings immediately post workout to help me meet my daily protein needs.

1.) Was this helpful in building muscle? I think it absolutely was! I was able to get a quality source of protein immediately post workout to refuel/rebuild my muscle and I felt confident enough in the ingredients that it would work as advertised.

2.) Digestion? I had zero intestinal issues while using this product. I never felt sick or bloated after taking this supplement.

3.) Convenience? As with most powders, this was very easy to transport and use while on the go.

4.) Recovery? I felt like the product impacted my body's recovery in a positive way, but it wasn't anything drastic. My DOMs felt pretty much the same, however, I woke up feeling a little more refreshed.

Overall, this was as effective as any other protein powder has been for me. I never felt bloated or uncomfortable and thats a big deal for me when using a protein supplement. You never want to feel bad after taking a supplement.

On the manufacturer's site, you can get this for $34.75 for 30 servings. This comes out to roughly $1.17 per serving. That's not bad by any means for this quality of protein, but I of course, wish it could get under that $1 per serving mark.

Side Effects

Conclusion

Pretty good all around protein for a reasonable price!

Overall
      Overall
      3.0
        July 7, 2018

Pros:
       Cons:
        • Outrageous Claims
        • No Real Results

Big claims and no seeable benefits. This product was all hype and no action.

What is going on guys? I've got a creatine review for you today from TBN labs. The claims on the side label of this product were OUTRAGEOUS so I had to give the product a try. As always, I'd like to thank SR and TBN Labs for making this review possible.

Big claims and no seeable benefits. This product was all hype and no action.

2.1g of Creatine Ethyl Ester: '(CEE) is creatine monohydrate with an ester attached. Esters are organic compounds that are formed by esterification - the reaction of carboxylic acid and alcohols.' This a fairly young supplement when compared to its sister forms of creatine so there are multiple arguments for and against it all over the web. Its benefits are similar to that of other creatine products, but it lacks the amount of studies the classic monohydrate have.

440mg of a 'Pro-Octane' blend containing: Glycine L Arginine Alpha Ketoisocaproic,
        Citrulline DL Malate, Taurine, and Histidine: This statement is from nutriline.org, "Glycine-l-arginine-alpha-ketoisocaproic acid (GAKIC) is a safe and natural blend of amino acids that is commonly used by bodybuilders, gym users and athletes to combat muscle fatigue, maintain muscle force during workouts and increase training intensity. Because GAKIC is supported by significant scientific research to offer immediate results when taken before intense exercise, its considered one of the best safe and natural training and performance aids available."

152mg of 'Advance Proprietary Release Blend' containing Beta alanine and Alpha lipoic acid.
        Alpha lipoic acid (ALA) is a fatty acid that is important as an antioxidant, and in energy metabolism. Beta-alanine is known for its endurance benefits.

Taste: No taste as these were in pill form

Mixibility: No mixing necessary

Dosage: For the 'Ultimate Workout' they recommended to take up to 8 pills before and 8 pills after your workout. So, wanting to give the company the best chance to succeed, I took 8 pills before and 8 pills after my workout (and it was a LOT of pills). Swallowing all of these can get tiring but the capsule helps them slide down easier.

There were some BIG claims that this product had on the side of the bottle let's direct a few:

'Freaky STEROID like gains': Sadly I didn't experience anything like this! There was no timetable for when these crazy muscle gains would occur, but I saw no differences In the mirror or on the scale to suggest that I was gaining any significant amount of muscle. Absolutely no 'freaky steroid like gains' were made.

'Explosive strength gains': Once again, no timetable was given for when these strength gains would occur. I followed dosing guidelines to get the most out of the product and I might have gained a very very small amount of strength. Like instead of hitting a lighter weight for 11 reps I could squeeze out 12 (amount of strength thats really not noticeable to someone else watching you lift). None of my 1RM's increased and none of my 3-5 rep maxes increased either. Definitely nothing 'explosive'.

'Fast recovery and extreme energy': I felt absolutely none of these two claims. My recovery/ DOMs did not change due to this product and my energy levels did not change at allllll. I didn't even feel like I got a placebo effect from thinking it would help me.

I felt like I could've been taking sugar pills and got the same results. I really feel like I got nothing out of this product and the crazy 'too good to be true' claims just rubbed me the wrong way.

The cheapest I can find this product is on amazon.com for $29.75. This comes down to just under $2 per day if you take 8 pills before your workout and 8 pills after your workout for they're recommended 'ultimate workout'. If you cut the dosage in half to 4 pills before and 4 pills after then it would come down to around $1 per day. for the benefits I saw, which were none, I don't see barely any value you

Side Effects

Conclusion

I wouldn't recommend this product to anybody. Save your money and buy the much more researched creatine monohydrate for a fraction of the price.