BlakePullen

SR TROOPer

• Reputation is high. (+1903)
  • Member has been active for 1 year, and was last online today

• No Pump
  • Energy Wears Away The Longer You Use The Product
  • No Endurance Boost
  • No Focus

Good Energy equivalent to caffeine pills but nothing else to talk about.

What is going on guys? The quest for the ultimate pre workout will never end, but the only way to try to find that magical formula that can throw you through a wall is to keep trying! I'd like to thank SR and VMI for the opportunity to write this review. Let's dive right in!

Good Energy equivalent to caffeine pills but nothing else to talk about.

Here's what we know: it has 400mg of caffeine (wow), 1.5g of beta-alanine (just under half a clinical dose), and 500mg choline bitrate (another pretty low dose). The rest of the ingredient dosages are hidden in prop blends.

"Intense Pump Blend" 3300mg: Carnosyn (beta-alanine), L-Taurine, Theobromine. IMO there should be twice as much beta alanine in here because 1.5g won't ever give me tingles and other ingredients such as betaine or creatine should be added to even pass this as a 'muscle blend' and it would need NO boosters and citrulline or agmatine to even think about being called a pump blend. Taurine may have an okay dose in the remaining 1.7g of this blend but not enough to notice any of its full effects that its can do with blood flow and such.

"Maximum Energy Blend" 637mg: Multiple forms of caffeine mixed together here to get to 400mg of caffeine (Caffeine citrate, anhydrous, and di-caffeine) and then they added norcoclaurine and rauwolfia vomitoria extract with the remaining couple hundred milligrams.

"Focal and Cognitive Enhancing Blend" 503mg: basically just choline bitrate because it says 500mg of CB on the front and i guess 3mg of hypersuzia. Would love to see more than half a grams worth of ingredients in a 'focusing blend.'

Here's my two cents, this is a stim junkie 'crackhead' feeling kind of pre workout formula that revs you up with caffeine to hype you up and then thats about it! The other ingredients are too under-dosed to give you strength or focusing benefits from what I've used in the past. Once your body adapts to the caffeine dosage then what? You're left with shot adrenal glands and can't even get a feeling from the crazy high caffeine dosage.

Taste: Gummy bear was good. No criticism here, just reminded of a melted down candy kind of flavor

Mixibility: No problems, very standard

Dosage: 1 serving before my workouts. You'd have to be insane to double scoop this with that much caffeine.

Energy: This is the only benefit I received from this product. 400mg of caffeine for someone that does not consume caffeine regularly would knock them down and maybe out lol but I have built up a tolerance over time and I still got good energy from this product. I will say that my body started to adapt halfway through my third week with the product, meaning that the energy sensation that I got was becoming weaker. But for the most part I had big energy for all my workouts with this product.

Everything else (Focus, Blood Flow, Endurance, Muscle Performance): The Pump was nonexistent I wasn't going to even acknowledge this part but they had 'blood flow' as a benefit under the manufacturer description so I felt I had to at least address it. If the minimal dose of taurine was expected too deliver a boost to blood flow/pump that was just being overly optimistic. My strength and endurance were not affected by this product for better or for worse. I didn't get beta-alanine tingles because of the half dosage and whether it was because I believed it wouldn't affect me or not like placebo I didn't see a change in my work capacity (more or less reps when i took the supplement vs when I didn't). I was disappointed after reading all the positive reviews on this product and rather surprised looking back at how many people had success with this product.

Amazon currently has the lowest price for this product at $29.99. This comes out to $1 per scoop, which for a pre-workout is fine but not worth it for the results I got during my trial. i could have gotten caffeine pills for pennies and gotten the same effect.

Side Effects

Energy feeling will eventually be adapted to and diminished by your body.

Conclusion

A caffeine heavy pre workout that turns out to be a one trick pony.

Overall
Thanks to NutraBio for sending it out!
  October 29, 2018

Pros:
 Cons:
  • Decreased DOMs
  • Better Recovery

Quality BCAA with added EAAs

What is going on guys? I have another BCAA review for you today for our friends over at NutraBio. My quest for the best BCAA supplement will never be satisfied so I'll always be looking for something better. I'd like to thank NutraBio and SR as always for making this review possible and without further delay lets get right into it.

3g of Leucine
    1.5g of Isoleucine
    1.5g of Valine

Quality BCAA with added EAAs

3g of Leucine
    1.5g of Isoleucine
    1.5g of Valine
    These are the three amino acids that everybody has heard of. Known as BCAAs they can help prevent muscle breakdown, be converted to energy, or facilitate protein synthesis to rebuild your muscles as they're breaking down. You get them in your foods, but it's always nice to supplement them into your diet for added benefits. This is in the classic 2:1:1 BCAA ratio seen in most BCAA products and totals to 6g of BCAAs. Automatically gets a major plus for me as 5g of BCAAs are the bare minimum as an effective dose.

850mg of Lysine HCl: Lysine enhances calcium absorption and helps maintain lean body mass in strenuous training. It's not in the majority of BCAA products that I have used, so I like seeing almost 1g on the album.

850mg of Threonine: used in the biosynthesis of proteins, mainly used in the absorption of protein, maintenance of muscle and important to good health

300mg DL Phenylalanine: Boost your mood, support alertness, and maintain a healthy appetite

100mg of Histidine: This supplies an increased concentration of Carnosine in the muscle is particularly useful for bodybuilding. Carnosine is typically found in type II "fast-twitch" muscle fibers.

75mg of Tryptophan: an essential amino acid important in human nutrition for the synthesis of melatonin and serotonin, hormones regulating mood and stress

25mg of Methionine: It serves as a powerful antioxidant, assists in the breakdown of fats, and helps inactivate free radicals

1200mg of Taurine: It is known to help aid in blood flow and metabolism

600mg of Alanine: Alanine plays a major role in transferring nitrogen from tissue sites in the body to the liver. Alanine is also used by the body to draw upon blood sugar as an energy source.

500mg of Coconut Water Powder: Definitely plays a role in hydration

50mg of Astragin: Astragin is like a supplement for your supplements. When i've taken it in higher dosages as a separate supplement it feels to me that it makes all of my other supplements better or more noticeable, like when taken with beta alanine for instance, it can increase your tingles with the same amount of beta-alanine being used as before.

As far as the dosages go for all of the essential amino acids, they're not all clinically dosed BUT most have enough in there to make a positive impact.I like seeing all those things on the label alongside 6g of quality BCAAs

Taste: Cherry limeade, Good but not great! Refreshing taste that never got bad, but wasn't unique enough to 'look forward to drinking it' if you know what i mean.

Mixibilty: No issues to report, give it a few good shakes and it will all dissolve

Dosage: During this run, I used 1 serving per day and also mixed it up and tried 2 servings a day to try and see a difference.

1 serving:
    DOMs: My degree of muscle soreness was impacted in a positive way. I woke up feeling less beat up and a little more refreshed. Were all of my DOMs gone? No, but it definitely helped take the edge off.

2 servings:
    DOMs: My degree of muscle soreness was noticeably lessened even more on the days I used 2 servings of the product. Without question, it made a difference that I could feel from day to day. My workout intensity was kept constant throughout the trial.

Hydration and Recovery were the same for 1-2 servings unless otherwise noted:
    Hydration: I've never had any real issues with hydration or cramping so it was really hard for me to tell if anything changed in this area. I'd like to think that the coconut powder and other ingredients aided in my body's hydration which in turn could've helped me recover better.

Building muscle and overall recovery: I've never been completely sold on the whole BCAAs muscle rebuilding thing, but I've never been a hater either. I take BCAAs mainly for their potential impact on DOMs and as far as muscle building goes It's one of those things that can only help so why not take them. I'm currently in a caloric surplus so i'm getting big amounts of protein everyday from my diet. I only say this because a lot of excess gets discarded by the body or sometimes utilized as energy and doesn't really do a whole lot on the muscle building side of things. I think they do more in the category of helping to prevent muscle breakdown (catabolism), but I do think that people on a cut (in a steady caloric deficit/trying to lose weight) would see the muscle protecting and building properties of BCAAs more noticeably. I also think the value of products like BCAAs increase when you are cutting vs when you are bulking in a caloric surplus. BUT on another note! I felt like these definitely impacted my overall recovery in a positive way. When I upped the dosage the recovery benefits increased accordingly becoming more profound and noticeable. All in all it was a solid product.

$29.99 seems to be the trending price for this product and Can only be found at brick and mortar stores. That comes out to $1 per serving, which isn't the best price for a BCAA product, but with all the other added EAAs and the 6g BCAA dosage per serving, I think it justifies its' price tag.

Side Effects

Conclusion

This is another quality product from NutraBio that can help jumpstart your recovery in the right direction.

Overall
    Thanks to SteelFit for sending it out!
      October 18, 2018

Pros:
     Cons:
    • Decent Value Compared To Competition
    • Pretty Good Flavor
    • Metabolismrecovery Claims Never Surfaced

It's not reinventing the wheel, but it'll get the job done

What's up guys? Another protein review coming at you for Steelfit's take on the protein game. I'll always be looking for a whey protein because the flavor of anything eventually gets old and it's nice to to have variety. I'd like to thank SteelFit and SR for making this review possible. Let's dive in.

It's not reinventing the wheel, but it'll get the job done

*Manufacturer's Description*: Steel Whey 100% Pure Whey Protein Concentrate (WPC80) provides a convenient, delicious whey to add additional muscle-building protein into your daily diet. Steel Whey's high biological value and amino acid profile boosts protein synthesis, supports lean muscle growth, accelerates metabolism and enhances recovery.* Steel Whey contains no proprietary blends, no fillers, and no protein spiking.*
    150 Calories
    2g Fat
    5g Carbs
    27g Protein

The macronutrients on this product are very good to me. It's a high protein profile (I consider anything over 25g per serving on the higher scale for protein powders) with a low carb/fat content. it's really easy to fit this into anyone's macros whether they are bulking or cutting. Now this powder is a pure whey concentrate and the manufacturer claims it to boost metabolism and enhance recovery. I've never had a protein that could do either of those last two things even though increased metabolic activity would be hard to judge.

Taste: Vanilla milkshake was enjoyable. An above average vanilla flavor that I thought tasted better with less water ( or add more water if you want the flavor more diluted).

Mixibilty: straight forward, no problems to report

Dosage: 1-2 scoops post workout, depending on my food intake that day, was enough in my opinion to start the rebuilding process immediately.

Digestion: This was like most proteins powders that I have used meaning that I didn't have any stomach or GI issues while using this product. I also did not have any issues with bloating.

Did I make gains? As hard as it is to tell if a protein supplement is aiding muscle growth, I think that the 27 grams of protein that I was ale to take immediately post workout impacted my body's protein synthesis reactions in positive way. By that I mean it did just as much as 25 grams of protein from any other protein source would just in a more convenient to carry fashion. Meeting your overall daily protein/macro-nutritional needs is the most important part of muscle growth and can put a supplement in a better position to succeed.

Manufacture's claims? I personally did not see any metabolic changes or improved recovery while using this product. my DOMs remained the same and I woke up feeling the same whether I used the product the day before or not. I'm not sure what I'd be looking for exactly in terms of an increase in my metabolism but nothing noticeable changed to me.

I could only find this for a few cents under $40 on the manufacturer's website. It wasn't available anywhere else online and comes out to almost $1.53 per serving. There are cheaper options out there, but it's not crazy expensive either.

Side Effects

Conclusion

This is a solid middle of the road protein powder if you're on the market for one.

October 12, 2018

Pros:
     Cons:
    • Does Its Job
    • Needs Higher Overall Creatine Dosage
    • Horrible Taste

A creatine product that does what creatine is supposed to do.

What is going on guys? Creatine is an absolute staple in my supplement stack and i am a hard believe run the old fashioned monohydrate, BUT sometimes the 'new age' creative can poke my interest. Let's see how SMART this creatine really is.

A creatine product that does what creatine is supposed to do.

In general, especially in terms of monohydrate, creatine is one of the most heavily researched supplements on the market and has proven to be one of the most rewarding in terms of effectiveness. Creatine can improve strength, athletic performance and serve to put more creatine phosphate in your body's storages thus allowing you to perform more work which in return will hopefully cause more muscle growth.

Creatine citrate 1.2g: Creatine bounded with other molecules to help increase absorption/ water solubility (but there's not enough substantial evidence in my opinion to say that there is a substantial increase in absorption. There may be only a 1% increase in absorption and would that to you justify more hard earned cash for the product? Just food for thought.)

Magnesium Creatine chelate or more commonly known as Magnapower 1.2g: bound to magnesium chelate it is supposed to have more benefits once the creatine finds its way into your muscle storages.

Creatine pyruvate 1.2g: Creatine bonded with pyruvate to once again 'improve' creatine's functions, but I didn't find much of anything else on it. Nothing specific discussing how or why these things may or may not occur.

Overall, It's interesting to see all the different kinds of creatine together. We can only benefit from a variety, however, I do wish there was more grams of creatine per serving.

Taste: It's supposed to be flavorless but it has a REALLY strong bitter taste to it. I mixed it in my intra-workout one day and its bitterness overpowered the flavor of the intra.

Mixibilty: Easy, painless, no problems here

Dosage: I would take one dosage along with every workout, I varied when I took that dosage meaning sometimes i would take it pre-workout, sometimes Intra workout, and sometimes post workout. I saw no difference from when i was taking the product and felty that it was more important just to make sure that i was getting 1 serving in every day.

As far as creatine goes, It did it's job but nothing more than that. Strength was increased proportionately to what i would expect from 5g of creatine monohydrate per day. My muscle mass was most likely impacted in a positive way, but there's really no way for me to know how much it really contributed as the amount of muscle mass that can be gained naturally within a month from a non-beginner is limited. I didn't experience any bloating with this product, nor was I ever dehydrated. I enjoy drinking water though, so i've never had a problem 'forgetting' to hydrate while taking creatine like some of my friends have. My endurance and DOMs were unaffected by this product , but no creatine has ever impacted DOMs for me personally.

Like war machine mentioned, the cheapest place to get this product right now is on amazon for $12.99. That is a good price for a supplement and helps this products cause, even if it is still a little more per serving than plain flavorless monohydrate would be.

Side Effects

Conclusion

It's an average creatine product that does exactly what the cheaper (monohydrate) does.

Overall
    Overall
    5.5
      September 30, 2018

Pros:
     Cons:
    • Solid Taste
    • Prop Blend
    • Expensive At Two Scoop Dosages
    • Under Dosed Ingredients
    • Low Benefits
    • Low Pump
    • Low Vascularity

A pump product that you have to double up on servings with just to see slight improvements.

What is going on guys? I've got another VMI product to review today hoping to 'pump' some life into my workouts. I'd like to thank SR and VMI as always for making this review possible and jump right in!

There are A LOT of reviews on this product and the most common theme is the under dosage of ingredients. Yes, all these ingredients are good and effective at a certain dosage but usually those dosages are MINIMUM 500mg-1g per ingredient, so the idea that this whole prop blend is going to be effective at 1.15g is just not realistic.

Niacin (B3 as Niacinamide): 10mg
    Chloride: 61mg
    Sodium: 39mg
    These first ingredients are staples to help with fluid balance in the body.

L-Taurine 2g: i think this may be the only clinically does ingredient in this product. This supports optimal blood flow and because of the better blood flow it can be useful in supporting energy, muscle strength and endurance

Vasogen "Swell Matrix Blend" 1.15g: Seeing a pump blend this small leads me to have concerns that everything can't possibly be properly dosed under a 1.15g canopy. Here's what the blend contains:
    Hawthorn Berry Powder- serves as an NO booster by dilating the blood vessels
    Schizandra Berry Powder- serves in better cognitive functioning and possibly as an NO booster
    Theobromine- energy stimulant that doesn't hit you quite like caffeine does
    AgamPure as Agmatine Sulfate- A good NO booster at much higher dosages than 1.15g and thats the amount of this WHOLE prop blend
    ViNitrox- increase blood flow and help nitric oxide levels

The ingredients themselves are pretty good stuff that are proven to be effective, BUT it is frustrating to see that they appear to be clearly underused in this prop blend.

Taste: Pineapple Passion Fruit was solid. Very basic pineapple flavor that wasn't too sweet or sour. I enjoyed drinking the product.

Mixibility: Never had any issues

Dosage: Like other reviewers have stated, one serving doesn't do anything noticeable and I tried one serving a few times just to be sure and they were right. So I bumped my dosage up to 2 servings pre-workout for the rest of my trial with this product and sadly was underwhelmed.

After trying one serving for a few days, I quickly found out that it simply wasn't getting the job done. There was no visual improvement of pumps or feeling of improved pumps. I kicked it up to 2 servings like many other reviewers have and begin to at least feel a slight difference. I was still underwhelmed because since this is a pump specific product I was expecting a really good pump. Visually, not much changed. Veins weren't swelling up, and I didn't look any 'fuller' than i did without taking the supplement. For me, a pump product has to be at least pretty good at delivering a pump or what's the point? To summarize, vascularity and overall 'pump feeling/look' only ever so slightly increased even by taking 2 servings before my workout which I feel just shouldn't even be a question if you're using a pump based product.

The cheapest I could find this product was $29.95 on illpumpyouup.com
    That comes out to about a dollar per serving and then up to $2 if you double scoop. The price does not fit the benefit for me personally.

Side Effects

Conclusion

A one trick pony that couldn't even do that one trick very well.

Overall
    Thanks to RARI Nutrition for sending it out!
      September 26, 2018

Pros:
     Cons:
    • Decreased DOMs
    • Better Recovery
    • On The More Expensive Side

Graet when double scooped but also pricey when double scooped

What is going on guys? I'm here to review the Rari Aminos that come in a sleek black container. The packaging was nice and the label was just enough to get me interested. I'd like to thank SR and Rari Nutrition for making this review possible. Lets get it!

The highlights:
    Fully Disclosed Label

Graet when double scooped but also pricey when double scooped

The highlights:
    Fully Disclosed Label

5g of BCAAs in the classic 2:1:1 ratio: the known minimum dose to help lower degree of muscle soreness (DOMs) and improv your overall recovery from workout to workout. your body can also burn them for energy if necessary.

2g of Glutamine: recovery aid that's most effective for me personally in doses of 5g and up, but I like seeing any amount on a BCAA supplement for added benefits

1g of Citrulline Malate: now this is something that you don't see everyday. Citrulline Malate is renown for its ability to improve ones pumps, so you don't usually see it in a BCAA product. The clinical dose for skin shredding pumps is usually 6 to 8g, but maybe they have this in here to help widen the blood vessels enough to shuttle the BCAAs/ glutamine faster throughout the body. I like seeing it on the label and it could definitely help out your pumps if your pairing it with a pre-workout that already has a foundation of NO boosters.

1g of Taurine: This supports optimal blood flow and because of the better blood flow it can be useful in supporting energy, muscle strength and endurance.

They also add a small electrolyte blend of potassium, sodium, and coconut water powder at the end. as far as BCAA labels go, i like this one for the overall diversity that the product brings. The 5g of BCAAs are pretty standard by my scale but the addition of the other things in here are what make this product interesting for me.

Taste: Strawberry Watermelon was absolutely solid. Not some weird flavor, not too sweet, just a solid clean watermelon based flavor.

Mixibility: One of the easiest products I've had to mix. No issues

Dosage: 1-2 servings per day. I pretty much used 2 servings throughout my trial with this product. I would sip on two scoops mixed into a gallon of water throughout the day (which helped me hydrate a lot easier because it actually tasted good).

At decreasing DOMs, this product did as expected. Two scoops absolutely lowered my DOMs after intense workouts and had me waking up not feeling as stiff as I would've been if i wasn't taking anything. And I mean stiff as in the morning after a war-like pull session and you cant straighten your arms out all the way because your biceps are so sore/tight. This product didn't completely alleviate my soreness obviously, but it had me going in the right direction. The double scoop also got my glutamine intake up to 4g a day and that along with the BCAAs I felt really helped out my recovery. I was able to hit my workout the next day without feeling super run down or burnt out.

I found this for $39.95 on Amazon. that comes out to around $1.33 per serving. You can definitely find BCAAs with a 5g serving for a lot cheaper out there so this product takes a hit here. You just have to decide if the extra add-ins that make this product unique are worthy of a price increase.

Side Effects

Conclusion

This is a pretty dang good BCAA product when double scooped, however that can make the product a little pricey.

Overall
    Thanks to Black Sheep Supplements for sending it out!
      September 23, 2018

Pros:
     Cons:
    • Good Pumps
    • Good Carb Energy Source
    • Little Pricey

It does what an Intra is supposed to do

What is going on guys? I was very excited to use a true intra product with the added benefit of carbohydrates. The name itself 'Workhorse" was also a pretty cool eye catcher that added to the desirability of the product. I'd like to thank SR and Black Sheep for making this review possible. Let's dive right in shall we!

Serving Size: 2 Scoops (42.9g)
    Calories: 75
    Total Carbs: 18g (Sugars 18g)
    Dextrose: 20g
    L-Citrulline: 5g
    Raspberry Ketone Powder 99%: 2.75g
    L-Glutamine: 2g
    MSM (Me...

It does what an Intra is supposed to do

Serving Size: 2 Scoops (42.9g)
    Calories: 75
    Total Carbs: 18g (Sugars 18g)
    Dextrose: 20g
    Agmatine Sulfate: 1g
    Beta-Alanine: 1g
    Beet Powder: 500mg
    Caffeine Anhydrous: 100mg

As you can see, there are no BCAAs in this product just ingredients that help manage stamina, blood flow, pump, and energy. This to me makes it a true intra-workout product and obviously not a BCAA product, hence why I started using a BCAA product halfway through my trial with this. I would like to see them add BCAAs to this product though so that it could have a noticeable impact on recovery.
    This product contains 20 grams of dextrose aka the fuel to lengthen your workout and better your performance in the gym. I really like the idea, in theory, this is a fast digesting carb that your body can break apart and use for energy during your workouts. We've got 5 grams of Citrulline here which bodes very well for those skin shredding pumps as it is a good dosage along with 1g of Agmatine Sulfate to really try and pump you up. Raspberry Ketone powder can help aid with fat loss, but I take any 'fat loss aid' with a grain of salt (figuratively not literally) because it really comes down to being in a caloric deficit and it won't matter what shiny fat loss supplement you're taking if you are not in a caloric deficit. 2 grams of Glutamine is nice to see for its recovery benefits, but I personally have only seen/ felt results with daily dosages of 5 grams and up. MSM can decrease pain and inflammation recovery usually seen in dosages between 1.5 and 3 grams (so this product is just making it at 1.5g). Beet powder and beta-alanine are clearly underused but its good to see them on the label along with a little giddy-up of 100mg of caffeine.
    I like the label from the looks of the pump ingredients and the carbs. I think that my workouts can only benefit from a quick digesting sugar mid-workout and added pump ingredients.

Taste: Raspberry Beetdown (clever name) was fine, It didn't taste bad but it wasn't an 'exciting taste' either. Rather bland for me personally and I'm not exactly mad about that lol I'd rather it be bland than really bad.

Mixibility: If you don't follow the mixing protocols and use at least 20 ounces of water then i could see you potentially having problems, however, I used the recommended amount every time and never had any issues.

Dosage: I used 1 serving during the beginning half of all of my workouts. It's recommended to finish it within the first 15 minutes but I can't workout with a ton of water slushing around in my stomach so I sipped mine through the first 30 minutes of my workouts (which was still not even halfway through the session).

This is where the product was a success for me. This product extends the life of your pumps. If you take a pre workout that is either weak in the pump aspect or just fades during the duration of the workout this product slides in perfectly to give your pump new life! I responded very well in that aspect of the product both with and without a pre-workout. Was it the greatest pump ever? No, but it was still a pretty good pump by normal standards. The carbs were interesting to me. Did they hurt my performance? Not at all, I didn't have any stomach issues or bloating. Was it amazing at giving me sustainable energy? Not amazing, but pretty good! The carbs absolutely had a positive impact on my training. I've never been one to use an intra-carb product before so this was a pleasant surprise. It's not the kind of energy that the normal person thinks of with stimulants like caffeine, but rather more stamina to push through later sets in the workout. The product was a success in my book from that aspect. I also feel like with all the nitric oxide boosters that the carbs were able to be 'shuttled' through my body even quicker, but that may be me reaching a bit lol. There was really no change in my recovery and i was expecting this with the lack of BCAAs in this product (I think if maybe 5g of BCAAs were added to this products' formula that it would push it to a whole other level) even with the small addition of glutamine. With that being said, as far as pump and the carby energy was concerned this product was a win for me.

I could only find this on the manufacturer's website for $49.99 which comes out to around $1.66 per serving. To me, an intra product is a great add to any stack but not a MUST have. $50 isn't cheap and there are cheaper alternatives for pump and some quick carbs.

Side Effects

Conclusion

This is a great add to any stack, but not a must-have.

5.5
      September 18, 2018

Pros:
     Cons:
      • No Energy

An energy drink that lacks energy and adds a LOT of sugar into your diet without any seeable benefits.

What is going on guys? I am an avid energy drink 'enthusiast' and have enjoyed various kinds of Monsters for years. I'll be honest the camo colors and aggressive name (ASSAULT) definitely reeled me into trying this product.

Ingredients: carbonated water, sugar, glucose, taurine, citric acid, sodium citrate, natural flavors, panax ginseng extract, phosphoric acid, carnitine, and a load of other minor ingredients/vitamins along with 160mg of caffeine per can

Each can has:
      200 calories
      50g Carbs (50g of sugar)
      370mg sodium
      0g protein
      0g fat

This thing has about as much sugar as a can of coke. I personally do not like to ingest most of my carbs from fluids, especially from something as sugary as this, but the Monster brand reeled me in yet again to give it a chance. These macronutrients are not the best for anyone counting macros or trying to limit their weight gain, but compared to other regular energy drinks this is pretty normal. I was surprised at the low-ish caffeine content. Their Monster Ultra drinks (which are my personal favorites btw) come with 180mg of caffeine per can and a rockstar would supply you with 220-240mg of caffeine so this almost seems to be a little-underdosed energy drink for me.

Taste: Too sweet for me and left that gritty taste on your teeth like after drinking a Gatorade. I'll be sticking with the sugar-free Ultra monsters from now on

Mixibility: none

Dosage: 1 can per day

My caffeine tolerance is definitely higher than most but even then I was surprised at how little this product did for me. I took a nap within an hour of drinking one of these so it could barely keep me awake nevertheless get me amped up for a workout. That disappointed me the most as that's what the product was supposed to do 'energize' me. I didn't get any noticeable energy benefits at all.

This stuff seems impossible to find in stores and I was only able to find it on Amazon.com for right under $20 for a pack of 8 and $43.70 for a pack of 24. The larger pack comes out to $1.80 per can which is a little under the normal cost of most energy drinks if you were to go to your local gas station and buy one monster or rockstar at $2-2.50. The 8 pack comes out to about $2.50 per can which isn't a deal at all, in my opinion, as you can find a lot of energy drinks equal to this or cheaper.

Side Effects

Conclusion

An energy drink that doesn't give you energy? It's a hard pass for me

Overall
      Thanks to TBN Labs for sending it out!
        September 17, 2018

Pros:
       Cons:
      • Vegan
      • GMO Free
      • Wish There Was More Protein Per Serving
      • Not Cheap
      • Needs More Servings

A high priced vegan protein that could benefit from including more protein.

What is going on guys? Vegan protein is slowly becoming popular and I wanted to get in on the 'pea isolate' fad! I'd like to give a big shoutout to SR and TBN labs for making this review possible. Let's get it!

132 Calories
      1.7g Fat (.44g Saturated)
      10g Carbs
      20g Protein

A high priced vegan protein that could benefit from including more protein.

132 Calories
      1.7g Fat (.44g Saturated)
      10g Carbs
      20g Protein

Farmers berry blend 6g: Isolated pea protein, Organic Wild Blueberry Juice Powder, Organic Cranberry Juice Powder, Organic Strawberry Juice Powder, Organic Blackberry Juice Powder, Organic Pomegranate Juice Powder, Freeze Dry Strawberry Powder

All other Ingredients: L Taurine, N Acetyl L Cystein, Organic Grape Seed Extract and Stem Extract, Organic Astragalus Root, Organic Dandelion Extract [Leaf/Root], Milk Thistle [80% Silymarine Root], Probiotic Blend and Fibersol 2.

This protein is plant based from isolated pea protein. It's the vegan alternative to the usual dairy-based protein that floods the markets today. The 'vegan' part of this product definitely places it in an upper tier as far as usual market prices go. Vegan products are almost always way more pricey than your usual alternatives, but the macros on this thing are very flexible. 20 grams of protein is a little lower than i would like to see for a dose compared to the rest of the market but I like the low-fat content. 10g of carbs won't make or break you either, as far as I'm concerned I like carbs immediately post workout with my protein so this helps to get the ball rolling. The ingredients are obviously all natural so this protein is pretty much as 'clean' (from the earth) as you're gonna get. I'ver never taken a pea isolate before so I'm very curious to see how my body reacts to it. I also don't want to finish this section without mentioning that this product is also GMO free!

Taste: I've never had a berry tasting protein before (I got the farmers berries flavor) and that kind of weirded me out lol but the taste was fine. I'm just so used to the vanilla chocolate tastes that I was confused when my protein tasted like a BCAA or pre workout product.

Mixibility: Very easy mixing, never any problems

Dosage: I took 2 scoops immediately post workout to supplement 40g of protein into my daily diet. With my days getting busier and busier it's hard to get quality 'normal' sources of protein from food. I really wish there was more than 20 servings in a container when you do 2 scoops a day like i usually do with all my protein powders, this stuff goes really quick.

As far as protein is concerned, I believe it did what it was supposed to do. It supplemented my daily protein intake and helped me achieve my daily protein needs in a convenient portable powder. Now, i think the product would have benefited me more if every serving contained just a little bit more protein so that maybe i wouldn't have to double scoop every day. I didn't experience any stomach/digestion issues while taking this product. Bloating was basically nonexistent. And I'm almost certain that this product helped me build lean muscle (contributed the same amount as any other protein source would.)

This product is right under $60 on Amazon and the manufacturer's site ($59.55) for 20 servings. That's $3 per scoop and if you're using multiple per day that gets really expensive fast. I get that vegan products cost more than your run of the mill protein powder but I looked for alternatives to compare pricing and you can get similar products by Vega in the $20-$25 range for 9-10 servings. That would be somewhere between $40 and $50 for 20 servings like this product. So it's not absolutely insane when you look at the vegan protein market, but even then it still is on the expensive side.

Side Effects

Conclusion

If you're looking for a vegan protein this is a good one for a BIG price.

Overall
      Overall
      3.0
      3.0
      Thanks to Earth's Creation USA for sending it out!
        September 4, 2018

Pros:
       Cons:
        • No Results At All

These are not the magic pills you're looking for. I did not respond to the product at all.

What is going on guys? I was immediately attracted to this product because of the very bold and rather general claims made on the front of the product. I always like to take these products to see if they really live up to the manufacturer's marketing hype or if they're just as real as placebo magic beans.

"Powered by mTOR Technology, clinically tested, all-natural, OptiNOs stimulates pathways to promote the anabolic process and simulate muscle biosynthesis."

We've got some big old prop blends:
        The OptiNOs blend containing 750mg of Tumeric extract, Veldt grape extract, and Bishop's weed extract

The Nitric Oxide Complex containing 1200mg of L-Citrulline and L-Arginine

So here's the gist of it,
        Tumeric is known for some antioxidant benefits (specifically that of curcumin) and potential to decrease muscle soreness but at much higher dosages than this entire prop blend is worth

Veldt grape extract is an herb known for its benefits for bone/joint health. More importantly, it's also said to induce vasodilation and therefore give you a better pump. Recommend ed dosages look like at least 300mg so it could be around the right dose in this blend.

Bishop's weed is used for digestive disorders, asthma, chest pain (angina), kidney stones, and fluid retention.

Citrulline is well known for its pump abilities in the pre-workout world, but here it's clearly and severely underdosed. Arginine also supports vasodilation and serves as a good pump aid but yet again appears to be underused in this formula.

I'm not super excited about the label. For a non-stim pre-workout, you really have to cook up a 'magic sauce' to get the user at least a power pump (especially with a name like OptiNOs) and I really didn't get that feeling from reading it. Most of it appears to be underdosed and judging by the spiratic and wild label claims looks like a blatant attempt to swipe money off the uneducated public.

These were in pill form so there was no taste or mixing involved. It was recommended to take 3 capsules daily (1 serving) 30 minutes before my workout, so that's exactly what I did. Once I realized that nothing was happening i upped it to 2 servings (6 pills) 30 minutes before my workout for the last 7 days of my trial, because there was no disclaimer saying that I couldn't take more than one serving and because it was 100% ineffective for me thus far.

Before I give my experience, I just want to go over some of the 'radical claims' on the product. 12X Average Increase in Arm Size, 58 LB Increase in Bench Press, 78 LB Increase in Leg Press, 6X More Endurance, 3X More Lean Body Mass, 140% Improved Lactate Clearance, Increases Energy and Endurance, Enhances Muscle Building and Recovery all compared to their placebo group. Well where do I sign up?? This sounds like the magic pill to me. And on top of all that it says on the back, "The result? Faster gains and shorter recovery times."
        When it sounds too good to be true, it almost always is. I did not experience ANY of the benefits, promises, or wild claims. I didn't even get an improved pump. I tried taking the product in the morning with food and without food and in the afternoon and at night but regardless of the time I took it nothing happened. this product did not impact my recover and absolutely did not impact my 'gains'. I wish I had more to report about but literally NOTHING happened good or bad during my trial of this product.

When a product doesn't work, I don't care what the price is because it won't be worth it to me. It appears to only be sold on the manufacturer's website for $39.99. Absolutely not worth it for me.

Side Effects

N/A

Conclusion

A wildly marketed product with 'magic results' is usually a bad product and this product sadly proved that.