BlakePullen

Try Requests

Votes Cast

Answers

*Rookie League

Comments

*Rookie League

*Rookie League = only among other members in their first year on SR. BlakePullen will be eligible for rookie league trophies for another 334 days.

Reviews by BlakePullen

5.4
  October 15, 2017

• Energy
  • Endurance
  • Pricey For Some
  • Some Ingredients Underdosed At 1 Serving

What's up guys? Another pre-workout review coming at you and this time it is the "Gold Standard" by Optimum Nutrition. I have mad respect for O.N. I actually got this specific PRE for half price because one of my gym buddies bought two and sold me the other one for half of the retail price. As with most pre-workouts, this one makes a bold claim on the front calling itself "the gold standard of pre-workouts," so I was excited to take it for a spin.

Serving Size is 1 scoop

Muscle Matrix
Creatine Monohydrate (as Creapure): 3 g
AstraGin...

Serving Size is 1 scoop

Muscle Matrix
Creatine Monohydrate (as Creapure): 3 g
AstraGin Proprietary Blend [Astragalaus membranaceus Extract (root) & Panax notoginseng Extract (root)]: 25 mg

Perfomance Composite
L-Citrulline Malate: 1.5 g
Beta-Alanine (as CarnoSyn): 1.5 g

Energy & Focus Complex
Acetyl L-Carnitine HCl: 375 mg
N-Acetyl-L-Tyrosine: 250 mg
Caffeine: 175 mg
Citrus Bioflavonoids: 100 mg

So right off the bat you see those prop blend names and your heart drops, BUT they actually fully disclose how much of each ingredient is in every serving (S/O Optimum Nutrition for that). Your "Muscle Matrix" blend gives you a nice 3g serving of creatine. I love getting a substantial amount of creatine in my pre-workouts because I can then take my usual 5 grams of monohydrate post workout and get the best of both worlds. They also include this blend called "AstraGin" which acts as an absorption catalyst, kind of like black pepper but not the exact same properties. Next up we have the Performance Blend and we get 1.5g of Citrulline Malate and 1.5g of Beta-Alanine. I always like to see these 2 ingredients in my workout, however, my only complaint is that they are underdosed. I'm only getting about half of the Beta-Alanine that I would want for optimal results and only 1/4 of the clinical dose of Citrulline Malate.
The Energy/Focus Blend starts off with a nootropic brain booster in the form of Acetyl L-Carnitine which can also help metabolize fat and they include Acetyl Tyrosine for added brain/neurological support. The main part that I want to talk about here is the caffeine. I find that at 175mg that is a lot lower than I would like to see. As a person that drinks 3-4 cups of coffee every day I like to see at least 250mg of caffeine in my pre-workouts to really give me that jump start to my pre-workout.

Taste: I had the Strawberry Lime flavor and was very impressed. I haven't tasted any other supplement like it. Score: 8/10
Mixibility: NEVER had any issues mixing this product in my blender bottle. Score 8/10
Dosing: I like the one scoop serving, but I didn't "love" it so I definitely took a scoop and a half more often than not

One serving of this product gave me "good workouts" but I wanted GREAT workouts so I would often use 1.5-2 servings at a time. Let me say this: 2 servings of this product proved to be very effective. At 3g of Beta-Alanine, 3g of Citrulline, 6g of creatine, and 350mg of caffeine I had some phenomenal workouts. My endurance felt never-ending. I would go through my entire planned workout and then go back at the end and hit some sets of the main exercises. The pump was still extremely average even at 2 servings. I've learned that I need clinical doses of key pump ingredients in order for me to get any sort of 'special pump'. The 350mg of caffeine gave me a great jumpstart to my workout every single time. The only downside to using 2 servings at a time is that it goes sooo much faster than normal. My tub only lasted around 2 weeks because of it :(

This is my biggest knock on this product. It's not cheap ESPECIALLY when you start doubling up on your servings. The cheapest that I can currently find this product is for $31 at CampusProtein.com for 30 servings. That turns into $2 per serving when you start doubling up. It's definitely not the best choice for your wallet

Side Effects

None with 1 scoop
Slight beta-alanine tingles at 2 scoops

Conclusion

Good pre-workout at one scoop (nothing really that special), and a great pre-workout at 2 scoops. However, it is just overpriced for what you're getting.

October 12, 2017

Cons:

What's up guys? I originally got this product because of their unbelievably cheap launch special. I was able to get 9 pounds of this stuff for $29+ shipping
CRAZY DEAL. I was also intrigued because TruSource Protein was made by Optimum Nutrition (a company that I have a lot of respect for), so I said why not.

Serving Size: 1 Scoop (34g)
20 servings per container
Sodium 110mg
Carbs 10g
Sugars 2g
Protein 20g

So this protein is a little higher in calories than I would normal...

Serving Size: 1 Scoop (34g)
20 servings per container
Sodium 110mg
Carbs 10g
Sugars 2g
Protein 20g

So this protein is a little higher in calories than I would normally like. I wouldn't recommend it to anyone on a cut or working to specifically edge calories off of certain areas of their diet. There are many other protein powders that flow somewhere between 90-120 calories. In the grand scheme of things 30-50 extra calories in your protein wouldn't hurt you, but still. Regardless, 20g of protein per serving is about what I'm looking for so I like seeing that. once again there are many protein powders out there with less fat than this particular brand (2.5g Fat), but if you're not being really nitpicky then it shouldn't affect you. The Optimum Nutrition line released this in Krogers and other grocery stores as a brand of protein that is less intimidating to the regular consumer. I think that's why It would appear to be a "bulkier" powder to me in terms of calories and fat than some of the other options out there. They want the regular person to see protein and not automatically assume that only 'hardcore' athletes need it I guess. Overall I'm not impressed with the Macronutrients on the product label besides the 20g of protein per serving

Taste: Everybody needs to see this!! This is the WORST tasting protein I have EVER had by far. I'm a big boy and I've had lots of practice drinking/eating unpleasant things over the years. But this stuff was straight up awful. I had the vanilla flavor and it couldn't have tasted less like vanilla. It was extremely bitter to me (how does a protein taste bitter I have no idea). I was so concerned in fact that I checked the expiration label just to make sure and the product didn't expire until 2019 so that wasn't the case. It just genuinely tasted horrible. I had just purchased 6 tubs of it for the ridiculously low price of $29 though so what did I do? I held my nose and choked it down every day until the tub was gone. (The things we do for the gains). And I thought to myself, "Maybe I just had a really unlucky tub," so I opened my next tub and sure enough the same awful, bitter taste came back. Taste 1/10

Mixibility: I had issues with mixing also. I had to really shake my blender bottle to make this thing mix. It took a good 45 seconds-1 minute of heavy shaking before it would finally dissolve. Mixibility: 4/10

Dosage: At the high-calorie content and a solid 20g of protein per serving I think that one serving is as much as you would want to use

Putting the taste aside, the effectiveness was very much like any other protein powder that you would use. I would 1 scoop everyday within 20 mins after my workout ended. I definitely gained muscle while using this product as a supplement for my protein. I do wish the calories were a bit lower but I still felt like because the rest of my diet was in check I was able to put on substantial lean mass while using this product (I used it for a period of 2 months). It helped me build muscle regardless of the taste or the blending issues.

This retails for $20 for 20 servings on Amazon.com
$1 per serving isn't a great deal and for the taste/macros I would look elsewhere

Side Effects

Bitter taste, Aftertaste

Conclusion

When It's on sale, protein is protein (if you can choke it down) I get it you might purchase it. However, at it's current retail price, with its' current macronutrient label I would not recommend this product to anyone.

7.1

• Great Endurance
  • Ingredients
  • Not Enough Pump

What is up guys? My name is Blake Pullen and I am getting a bachelor's of science degree in Exercise Science at Kennesaw State University. Musclpharm and I have had a roller coaster of a ride, but the ingredient label and the price pulled me in to give them another try!

What surprised me the most was the fully disclosed label. Major props the people at Musclepharm for that because I like to know exactly what I'm putting into my body! 3 grams of Creatine is a great start to this pre-workout it ALMOST takes the place of your daily 5g dose of creatine. Th Beta-Alanine and Betaine additions are both great to have on the label, however, they are both underdosed so the effects won't be exactly what you're hoping for.

"Strength & Performance"

L-Glycine:1 g

"Energy & Focus"
Caffeine Anhydrous: 250 mg
Acetyl-L-Carnitine: 250 mg

The Blue Raspberry flavor was good, but it was very weak. Not very potent at all. Flavor 6/10
I never had any issues with Mixibility using my classic blender bottle with a good 10-second shake
Dosing was 'Pretty good' however I did see myself doubling up on scoops when I wanted a big boost

The product was solid, I received an energy boost that lasted the entire duration of my workout. It was nothing 'life-changing' or worth writing home about but it was good! NOT great, specifically because of the underdosing of ingredients there was no beta-alanine tingles (sadly) and the pump, in my opinion, was the weakest part. The pump was pretty mediocre/average for me. In order to get my blood vessels dilated and flowing at max capacity I need ingredients dosed much closer to their clinical recommendations. The endurance was another bright spot of this product! I felt like I was able to push myself longer while using this product than I could while using any other of the mainstream pre-workouts (like C4).

You can currently find it as low as $20 for 30 servings on Amazon. Definitely a good value for the 11 grams of ingredients that you're getting every scoop
Value 7/10

Side Effects

NONE! I have a very sensitive and stomach and was concerned after reading the first couple reviews on here that I would have issues, but thankfully I didn't have any pain, discomfort, or any negative effects due to this pre-workout!

Conclusion

I would recommend this as one of the better 'mainstream' pre-workouts out there and would 100% recommend this product over the traditional C4.

• No Bloating

What is up guys? I'm Blake Pullen and this is actually the first supplement I EVER purchased when I really started getting into a bodybuilding style of training. I used this specific product over a period of 6 months and I absolutely fell in love with it. I originally bought it because of the price and the reputability that the company MyProtein had.

I had the unflavored powder so the label was short and sweet!
    100% Creatine Monohydrate

I had the unflavored powder so the label was short and sweet!
    100% Creatine Monohydrate

THAT'S IT! And that's all you really want from your creatine. Clean, no fillers, no BS additives, just results. This is one of my favorite products of all time because of all of the benefits of creatine. It can improve your overall strength and power output by helping supply energy to your muscle cells!

I'm going to be honest, the ONLY negative thing I could possibly say about this product is the bitter taste and the lingering aftertaste. I stress that I did buy the unflavored powder, so I guess the unpleasant taste is to be expected. Regardless, this product could taste MUCH better

Mixibility: I've used multiple creatine products and have had mixing issues in the past, however, with this product I never had any issues! I used my classic blender bottle and would give it a good shake for roughly 15-20 seconds.

Dosage: I serving is 5 grams which is exactly the clinical dose for creatine maintenance after the muscles have already been saturated with it. Ther perfect serving size

I took my 5g of Creatine once daily either before or after my workouts. I found that from an energy standpoint it helped me to take my creatine BEFORE my workout rather than after. People swear by taking it before. People swear by taking it after. I personally think that as long as you're getting your 5g of creatine in you every day that you're doing something right. I used this product for a full 6 months and saw increases in strength and mass while using this product. Obviously, in a 6-month span, I was also using other products during this period that also contributed to my progress, but I do tribute a lot of my strength gains to the use of this product. It's clean, it's authentic, and it's everything that you could want from a creatine monohydrate powder

There is constantly sales on this stuff on the MyProtein.com website but you can currently purchase 2.2 pounds of this stuff for $16.99
    That is almost a 6 months supply of creatine for under $20. It's a phenomenal value

Side Effects

NONE, I have a very sensitive stomach and everything always operated smoothly

Conclusion

This is my favorite Creatine monohydrate powder on the market and its sold at a great price. All around great product

• No Crash

What's up guys?? Another pre-workout review coming at you (You'll quickly realize that PRE's are my favorite kind of supplement to review).
      The name itself drew me to this stuff on bodybuilding.com a couple of months ago and the price per serving basically sealed the deal for me to give this product a real try.

The actual label is not very long at all, it's very concise and to the point:

Serving Size: 1 Scoop (5g)
      Servings Per Container: 50

Energizing Muscle Fuel Blend: 3,000mg
      CarnoSyn (Beta-Alanine), Creatine Monohydrate, Citric Acid

B...

The actual label is not very long at all, it's very concise and to the point:

Serving Size: 1 Scoop (5g)
      Servings Per Container: 50

Energizing Muscle Fuel Blend: 3,000mg
      CarnoSyn (Beta-Alanine), Creatine Monohydrate, Citric Acid

Blood Flow Amplifier Blend: 1,000mg
      L-Citrulline, L-Arginine AKG

Mind Control Matrix: 157mg
      Caffeine Anhydrous 155mg, Olive Leaf Extract, (40% Oleuropein)

There's nothing about the ingredient label that makes you say WOW. Prop blends always make me want to smash my head into a wall, but regardless of that here are the highlights:
      Beta-Alanine= My personal favorite pre-workout ingredient (Besides caffeine) because when dosed correctly It gives you those amazing tingles taht make you feel like you can run through a wall and gives your overall endurance a major boost

L-Citrulline= I like seeing it in the product, but it is very underdosed and unlikely to have a very big impact over the course of your workout

Caffeine: I think 155mg is a bit light for this product. I am a coffee addict and a high-stim user so 150mg of caffeine really doesn't do anything for me personally.

Taste: Blue Raspberry Ice was my flavor of choice I was neither impressed or disapointed. The flavor was good, but not overpowering. I wish it had a little more kick to it so that you could really savor the taste but overall not bad at all. 6.5/10

Mixibility: After 10 seconds of a good shaking in a blender bottle, I never had any issues with clumping or mixing issues. 8/10

Dosing: I believe the true serving size should be 1 and a half instead of just one simply because of the caffeine content. 1 Scoop was "just good enough" while 1.5-2 scoops really provided that extra rush with the added caffeine.

When taking 1.5 to 2 scoops at a time, I felt a very nice rush of energy to start every workout. That energy lasted throughout the duration of my workout with no signs of slowing done. The pump was not very good but I guess that's to be expected with the amount of L-Citrulline in the prop blend being somewhere below 1g, which is farrrr below clinical dosing. The endurance was very evident as I felt I made significant progress while taking this product and had very few days where I felt "sore" or "tired" while I was using this. Overall I was very pleased with the pre-workout and never had any issues with crashing too early after using it.

You can currently get 50 SERVINGS for $20 shipped on Amazon.com!! Incredible value if you only need one serving per session. In order to get the results I described you're most likely going to have to at least take 1.5 scoops to get that rush that you're looking for. Either way, it is a very economical option

Side Effects

NONE (and I have a naturally sensitive stomach)

Conclusion

At $20 for 50 servings I think this product is a steal. Just keep in mind that you'll most likely be using more than one serving to get that "cursed" feeling

6.4
        October 10, 2017

• Tastes Pretty Good
      • Underdosed At 1 Scoop
      • Poor Value
      • 30 Servings Are Closer To 15 Or 20

(About yourself, 1-3 sentences maximum)
      My name is Blake Pullen and I am earning my bachelor's degree in Exercise Science at Kennesaw State University. I'm in love with weight lifting/bodybuilding and supplements! My reviews are always 100% unbiased because I use all of yall's reviews myself to help me decide where to put my hard earned cash. Once again Cellucor pulled me in with the shiny label and the 'pretty words', at my local GNC, to try another one of their mainstream pre-workouts.

Right off the bat you notice that they do have traditi...

(About yourself, 1-3 sentences maximum)

Right off the bat you notice that they do have traditionally good pre-workout ingredients: Beta-Alanine, a form of Arginine, along with a "Ripped energy blend (Prop blends as usual leave me wanting more LITERALLY) And this is no exception because every major ingredient is clearly underdosed, which means for me to get the desired effects of a good pre-workout I would need to take 2 scoops. They have a few pretty good ingredients, just poor doses
      ArnoSyn Beta Alanine: 1.6
      Arginine Alpha-Ketoglutarate: 1g
      C4 Ripped Blend: 1g
      L-Carnitine Tartrate, Green Coffee bean extract, (standardized for Chlorogenic Acids), Capsimax Cayenne (Capsicum annuum) fruit extract, Coleus forskohlii root extract
      Explosive Energy Blend: 371mg
      N-Acetyl-L-Tyrosine, Caffeine Anhydrous (150mg), Velvet Bean (Mucuna pruriens) seed extract, (Standardized for L-Dopa)

The cherry limeade flavor was actually very enjoyable for me. Very tangy and no bad aftertaste. Taste: 7.5/10

Mixibility: 8/10 I never once had any issues with clumping while shaking it for 10 seconds in my traditional blender bottle

Doses: 1 scoop was ineffective for my energy needs, so because of the underdosing I had to take 2 scoops before every workout

1 scoop did virtually nothing for me. I have a very high caffeine tolerance so 150mg is like me getting ready for bed. The other ingredients were just too underdosed to give me that real "edge" that I was looking for so I turned to 2 scoops. 2 Scoops gave me a little bit of that wonderful Beta-Alanine feeling and 300mg of caffeine to give me an immediate boost. I felt it come on after about 20 mins and the double scoop did just about everything that the label claimed it would do with one scoop! It gave me lasting energy throughout my entire workout and I was overall very pleased. The endurance also became much more evident with 2 scoops as my muscles had that "fresh feeling" without any immediate soreness. I felt like I could train harder and longer than when I was only using one scoop. The pump was improved with 2 scoops but wasn't immaculate, which I guess is to be expected as there is no big doses Citrulline on the label besides the other underdosed ingrediants.

The cheapest price that I could currently find on this stuff is $34.99 at Allstarhealth.com for 30 servings.
      Anything over $1 per serving better be giving you clinical doses and solid results and sadly 1 scoop of this product wouldn't do that for me so it was basically like paying $35 for 15 servings. Not a good value in my book

Side Effects

NONE

Conclusion

This is a product that is only effective when doubling up on your servings, but for the price it just doesn't seem worth it if you're looking for clinical doses and big results

5.8
        October 10, 2017

• Decent Pumps
      • No Bad Side Effect
      • No Endurance
      • Taste Could Be Better

My name is Blake Pullen and I am an Exercise Science major at Kennesaw State University.My current fitness goals involve a caloric surplus and "lean bulking" which is basically trying to put on about 1-2 pounds of lean muscle per month while limiting my fat gain as much as possible. I am also a supplement JUNKIE! Every single one of my friends has this pre-workout (most of which do not lift consistently), so I had to give the world's most mainstream pre-workout a try

For a workout that sells as good as C4 does I was definitely disappointed in the ingrediants. Everything is underdosed. The 2 grams of Beta-Alanine isn't bad by any means, however, it is below optimal clinical doses of 3-3.2g. I still like seeing it in the label though, along with Arginine, Taurine, and a single gram of creatine.
      Calories: 5
      Creatine Nitrate (NO3-T): 1g
      Explosive Energy Blend 371mg -

Proprietary Blends
      Explosive Energy Blend
      N-Acetyl-L-tyrosine, Caffeine Anhydrous (150mg), Velvet Bean (Mucuna pruriens) seed extract, (standardized for L-Dopa), TeaCor Tetramethyluric Acid

Unfortunately, I had the fruit punch flavor (it was on sale and I now see why) and C4 Fruit punch is my least favorite supplement flavor that I've ever tried. I don't like fruit punch to begin with but the aftertaste in this blend made me feel like I was drinking medicine out of the cabinet. Taste 3/10
      Mixibility was solid. I used my classic blender bottle shook for approximately 10-20 seconds and I never had any issues with clumping. Mix 8/10
      Dosing: It was just too underdosed for my tastes. For all the hype and advertisements surrounding this product I was expecting a lot more before I even read the back of the label. 6/10 because it isn't bad but it's not great by any means.

I did receive a little jolt of energy that lasted for most of my workout. It's definitely not the best thing I've ever had but it did the job... for MOST of my workout. I felt it leaving my system around the 1-hour mark so I was a little disappointed there as I look for pre-workouts to fuel me through my workout in its entirety. Thus the endurance aspect of this pre was also short-lived. The pump was almost nonexistent, that aspect of it made me feel like I wasn't taking a pre-workout. It would be much better with more clinically dosed pump formula containing citrulline or another pump specific ingredient

You can currently get 30 servings of C4 Gen 4 for $15 at A1supplements.com
      At 50 cents per serving, I think that this is a very good value even with it being underdosed. It is very economical. Value 7/10

Side Effects

NONE, I wish i would've had Beta-Alanine tingles (I did after taking 2 scoops however)

Conclusion

C4 is an overhyped pre-workout that is best for beginners or people new to the world of pre-workout. It isn't bad, It's just not great! Overall is a 6/10 pre workout at an economical price.

October 9, 2017

Pros:
       Cons:
      • Good Digestion
      • Low Carb
      • Low Fat
      • Independent Lab Tested
      • Weak Taste

My name is Blake Pullen and I am an Exercise Science major at Kennesaw State University. IMy current fitness goals involve a caloric surplus and "lean bulking" which is basically trying to put on about 1-2 pounds of lean muscle per month while limiting my fat gain as much as possible. Myprotein pulled me In with the big flavors and low prices for this one, so I had to give it a try

Very basic ingredient profile consisting of Whey Protein Isolate (Milk), Artificial Flavoring, Emulsifier (Soy Lecithin), Sweetener (Sucralose), Salt.
      1 scoop was...

1 scoop was 22g of protein, 90 calories, 1g carb, and half a gram of fat
      Those numbers are great to begin with because you can easily fit 90 calories into your macros if you're on a cut or bulking
      This specific protein isolate got an A rating on labdoor and a 90% protein content per serving. I was very impressed

This was supposed to be the greatest thing ever. I had the Cinnamon Roll flavor and i was ecstatic to give this a try. Unfortunately for me, the flavor was a little weak. It was still 'good', but not up to the expectations that come with a name like cinnamon roll. I can only relate it to drinking diluted cinnamin milk from a finished bowl of cereal. Still all in all it was good, it just wasn't great or amazing. Tatse:7.7/10

Judging from the ingredient profile and high ratings from Labdoor I knew this product would work. I used it for a period of 2 months and it contributed it to my lean mass gain! I took it immediately after every workout and I was absolutely not disappointed. Because it was an isolate, it absorbed very quickly into my system and took advantage of my body's most anabolic state immediately after my workouts. It's just what I wanted
      Effectiveness 8/10

You can currently purchase 2.2 pounds for $23 on MyProtein.com
      It's not the greatest value by any means but at around $10 you know that you'll be getting your money's worth

Side Effects

NONE! I have a sensitive stomach so I always have to be careful with my protein choices and this didn't give me upset stomach, gas or anything

Conclusion

i would 100% recommend this product to anyone looking to supplement protein into their diet. The flavors are GOOD, but not great and they give you exactly how much protein they say they do because the of the lab tests done at Labdoor. So you know you're getting the most for your money

October 9, 2017

Cons:

My name is Blake Pullen and I am an Exercise Science major at Kennesaw State University. My current fitness goals involve a caloric surplus and "lean bulking" which is basically trying to put on about 1-2 pounds of lean muscle per month while limiting my fat gain as much as possible. I was attracted to the MyProtein BCAA because of my use of many other of their products sold through the company and their constant sales.

2 grams Leucine
        1 gram Isoleucine
        1 gram Valine

THAT'S IT, No filler, no unwanted cheap additives. In this case, less is ...

2 grams Leucine
        1 gram Isoleucine
        1 gram Valine

THAT'S IT, No filler, no unwanted cheap additives. In this case, less is more! And they follow the highly recommended 2:1:1 ratio

The Blue Raspberry flavor is one of the best tasting supplements I have ever tried!! It tastes more like cotton candy to me but I would mix my creatine and other unflavored supps in with it and the flavor was still just as sharp. It's very noticeable in the best way possible. Taste:10/10
        This product always mixed right in with water and any other supplements I stacked it with. I never had any clumping issues. Mixibility 9/10
        With a proper diet where you're already meeting your protein needs the dosage of Amino Acids is perfect for quick muscle repair and aiding in my body's natural protein synthesis reactions.

I used my BCAA's intra-workout and post workout for a period of 2 months (I got the 50 serving bag). I would take them intra-workout when I was cycling off of my pre-workout and I credit this product with allowing me to extend the life of my workouts without stimulants. Whether it was a placebo effect that I was ingesting BCAA's while lifting or the actual amino acids rushing to rebuild the muscle fibers I was breaking them down I would rate it 8/10 effectiveness. Whatever it was it helped me rebuild my body no matter the time of day!

You can currently purchase .5 pounds (50 servings) for $14.99 at MyProtein.com but I've seen them as low as $23 for the 2.2 pound bag
        Value: a solid 7.5

Side Effects

No negative effects for me
        No aftertaste
        No unpleasant feelings
        Refreshing!

Conclusion

I would recommend this product to anybody looking for a high-quality BCAA powder and looking to spend under $20 for a 2 month supply!

October 8, 2017

• Alot Of Servings
        • Bad Gas

My name is Blake Pullen and I am an Exercise Science major at Kennesaw State University. My current fitness goals involve a caloric surplus and "lean bulking" which is basically trying to put on about 1-2 pounds of lean muscle per month while limiting my fat gain as much as possible. I was mainly attracted to this product because there was a special 2 for $20 on the big 40 serving cans at GNC in June when I was looking for a new PRE to implement.

There is a laundry list of ingredients and the scoop is a MASSIVE 20 grams. Unfortunately, they are disguised in Prop blends :( so we won't know exactly how much of everything we are actually getting.
        1 Scoop:
        5 grams of Carbs
        "NO Super Pump Volumizing Complex" 5000mg (Creatine Monohydrate/Magnapower, Arginine Matrix/ArginoCarn, Citrulline Malate, GlycoCarn, Pine Bark Extract, Glucuronolactone)

"Muscle Strength Blend" 5500mg (BCAA complex of Leucine IsoLeucine and Valine, L-Taurine, CartoSyn Beta-Alanine, Sustamine, Acetyl L-Carnitine)

"Enertropic and Antioxidant Complex" 1200mg ( L-Tyrosine, Choline Bitartrate, Caffeine A, Guarana Seed, Yerba Mate Leaf, Kola Nut Powder, Green Tea extract, Grapeseed Extract, L-Cysteine HCl, Na-R-Alpha Lipoic (Na-R-ALA), NAD)

"Electrolyte and Delivery Complex" 5265mg (Shock Therapy Carb Blend, Sodium Bicarbonate, Potassium Phosphate, Trisodium Phosphate, Calcium Carbonate, Magnesium Oxide)

The ingredients themselves regardless of dosage are good. I honestly had some high expectations after reading everything including in the label. Even with the prop blends I was assuming the best. Unfortunately, I should've known that the laundry list of ingredients couldn't have all possibly have been dosed correctly. Most are underdosed simply because 6 ingredients in a 5g prop blend won't account for everything that you would need/out of each ingredient.

I had the Jersey Fresh Peach Tea flavor and my feelings are mixed. It wasn't great and It wasn't bad. Definitely a 6/10 for taste
        Mixibilty was pretty good for such a large serving size. I never had any issues with clumping in my shaker. Mixibility 7/10
        Though the serving size is quite large at 20 grams; the ingredients individually are underdosed. So I'd have to give dosage a 6/10

This is where I was disappointed. All those ingredients and I felt like I was getting the same energy/endurance boost as I would from a 6 gram scoop of C4. I did get an energy boost 20 mins after taking it but it wasn't anything to write home about. The pump was the lone bright spot as I felt the Pump matrix acted as advertised. But everything else was sadly underwhelming.

You can currently get 40 servings for $28 at TFsupplements.com. That's a lot of powder for $28 so it's a pretty good value if you just want something economical to give you a boost. But as I always say, you get what you pay for!
        Value 7/10

Side Effects

I had very bad gas while taking this product. The entire month I thought it was my diet until I realized the only new thing I had introduced into my system was this product.

Conclusion

This is an underwhelming product that will give users a slight boost in large quantitites at an econimal price