Blade410

• Member has been active for 7 years, and was last online 3 years ago
TROPHY CASE

Reviews by Blade410

Overall
Thanks to Cellucor for sending it out!
  October 10, 2015

• Added Endurance
  • Smooth Energy
  • Dyes
  • Needs More PUMP!
Up for review today is Cellucor's C4 Mass. Most of us are well versed in the Cellular brands and they appear to be releasing more variety of products on a fairly routine basis. Specifically their C4 pre workout has gone through multiple reformulations and now with multiple variations on the standard C4. How does this C4 Mass stack up. Lets see.

Ingredients 7.75: On paper this appears to be very similar to the standard C4 pre workout which is an above average product. However, when you dig deeper into the label, you see a big difference. The CreaCarb blend which is a proprietary blend of 27.5G of carbohydrates and creatine monohydrate. Additionally, you have the additional of TeaCor (which is an acid that provides stimulant effects without the potential for tolerance buildup).

The carbohydrate blend is primarily dextrose and fructose. I wish it would have included highly branched dextrins.

I would like to spend a minute discussing the second ingredient. I find it great that Cellcuor is trying to innovate rather than just use the same old ingredients. They are taking a best of breed approach by combining the tried and true, along with using more newer innovative ingredients.

Dosing: One scoops will yield effective doses of all of the above ingredients. The entire tub has 30 servings. I had no need to go over the 1 scoop.

Effectiveness 7.5: From a stimulant/energy perspective, this product performed great. I believe the TeaCor added a more sustaining effect to the pre workout results. Where the previous versions of C4 resulted in the energy wearing off too soon, this was a more sustained effected (somewhat similar to time-released or slow released effect). Very solid.

As for the pump, it is about the same as the prior version of C4. Which was good but not top end in my opinion. I was never a fan of creatine nitrate to provide pump/performance. In some studies I have read, you need much more than 1G of creatine nitrate to get the claimed results. In short, the pump was fair but needed an inclusion of either CM or agmatine.

Taste 9: Ice Blue Raspberry, it was great as usual, but again we have DYES You all know my distain for DYES.

Value 7: C4 has typically ran more expensive than typical products, this is no different. C4 Mass is priced around $50 per tub, which is a high considering the ingredients.

Conclusion 7: This is a good product and contain quality ingredients, however when you examine the price of the product you would expect more higher quality carbohydrate sources and the inclusion of more specialized pump products. However, in the energy department, it really shines and that is where this product cuts it's teeth. Check it out!

Overall
Thanks to Cellucor for sending it out!
  September 15, 2015

Pros:
 Cons:
  • Reduced Soreness
  • Quality Ingredients
  • Increased Energy Mid-workout
  • A Little Expensive
  • Limited Dyes
Good evening SR, up for review today is Cellucor's Alpha Amino Xtreme. I haven't had much interaction with Cellucor's products over the past 9-12 months and it appears they have released every possible combination of product in the book. With multiple versions of their C4 product and Amino products, sometimes it is hard to keep up!

As for the product

As for the product

Ingredients 8.5 You have your amino acid/BCAA product here plus the Xtreme edition. You have a solid amount of BCAAs, including Leucine in varying nitrate and peptide form. Additionally, you have a solid hydration blend, an EAA blend and low dose energy blend. As you can see, I wrote blend alot. This is Cellulor, most of their products were blend based. This is the way they do things at Cellulor, I am not going to knock them for doing that. They have a company to run and if they want to not disclose amounts, they are well within their right.

Overall the profile is solid. You are getting GMP compliant and quality ingredients.

While I liked the profile, I did subtract points for the energy blend. It makes the overall product much less versatile. I try to limit the amount of stimulants I take in 1 day, so this made it difficult. I had to adjust the amount of pre workout, as I do not like to go over 350MG of caffeine per day. I know that may sound weak to some of you stimulant junkies, but I don't like the effect as much as others.

Lastly, there are dyes.. This is Cellucor, it wouldn't be Cellucor without the dyes. They are not overwhelming like other products, but are noticeable.

Dosing: One scoop intra workout, simple

Effectiveness 8.75: This performed great. As an overall amino acids product it produced solid top tier results. Soreness was reduced with this product as the amount of the BCAA/EAA blends were effectively dosed. Additionally, the hydration blend provided solid electrolytes throughout the workout to ensure no cramping occurred.

Additionally the low dose energy blend provided clean and smooth limited energy throughout the workout after the pre workout wore off.

Overall, I am was impressed with the results, nothing earth shattering here though in terms of results.

Taste 10: WATERMELLON. TASTED GREAT! A big improvement over their previous watermelon flavor from Cellucor. The dyes as stated were not overdone and the waste wasn't so "punch you in the mouth" as last time around with their COR-PERFORMANCE line.

Value 7.75: This is priced fairly in my estimation. It is roughly $36 for 30 servings, so not the best value by inline with where the industry is going.

Conclusion 8.25: Overall, Cellucor has a solid amino acid product that combines necessary ingredients with a low stimulant energy blend. While the stimulant blend may turn off some people as the product loses some versatility, it still be can combined in your supplementation stack for a solid piece of the puzzle. Bladeski seal of approval.

Thanks to PNP Supplements for sending it out!
  September 8, 2015

Pros:
 Cons:
  • Multiple Uses
  • Good Tasting
  • Great Profile
  • A Bit Overpriced
Good evening SR, up for review today is PNP Supplements Whey Pro-5 (WP5 for short). WP5 boasts great overall profile with quality ingredients packed with a great taste. Thanks for the reps for participating in the Expert Reviewer Program.

Ingredients 9.5: This is an amazing profile, one of the more solid blends I have seen in awhile. You get whey concentrate, isolate and hydrolysate. 20 grams in total of protein with an added boost of colostrum. The amount of colostrum appears to be dosed at 2.8G, however this is me doing some math with the label. I do not want to get into the benefits of colostrum, as it has been discussed at length on the boards and in other popular little red tub products that most have tried. It is a quality ingredient that I am happy to see included.

This is a very clean protein with 1G of fat, very low carbs and minimal cholesterol. I judge there isn't must concentrate in the blend given the 15MG of cholesterol in each serving size.

Overall, a great product with limited fillers!

Dosing: One scoop will deliver the serving of ingredients. 30 total servings. Nice a protein with 30 servings rather than the usual 24. But you only get 20G of protein per scoop, so it all is a wash basically.

Effectiveness 9.2: Ahhh the effectiveness First lets hammer the digestion/settling. The inclusion of both protease and lactase both aid in digestion and absorption. I had no discomfort with this protein and no side effects. However, in the interest of full disclosure I typically do not have any digestion issues with anything other than Casein. Overall a solid digesting protein.

In terms of effectiveness, I honestly can't judge just by a single tub if the added colostrum provided any extra effects, as I only got 20+ days from the product. I understand the benefits of the ingredient, but can't say it was a magic ingredient. However, what you get here is a solid protein blend using high quality ingredients with extra goodies. Grade A stuff and I do believe that if used regularly the colostrum would see a benefit over time.

Taste 10: I am not much for taste, but this stuff was GREAT! Banana Creame! Good lord, in almond of coconut milk it was delicious. Even in water it was great!

Value 7.2: This is where the product loses a bit of its luster. First the price of 54 dollars online for 30 servings is high. I know it has colostrum in it, but again we do not know the actual dosage or if that dosage it at an effective amount. I would like to see this in the 40 dollar a tub price range as it would be more fair and market value.

Conclusion 8.6: As stated, this is a high quality protein with great ingredients plus the extra inclusion of colostrum. It tastes great, provides top tier recovery as proteins go and is a solid choice. The price however will deter some people, but it is worth to examine none the less. Bladeski seal of approval!

(SR paid for product; RSP Nutrition did not participate)
  September 4, 2015

Pros:
 Cons:
  • Good Pumps
  • Great Energy
  • Dyes
Up for review today is RSP's DyNO. This is a newer supplement company that was awarded the breakout product of the year in 2014. The pre workout market, much like every other supplement space is so overloaded with products, so how does this shape up?

Ingredients 8.75: This is an extremely solid profile, all of the ingredients are relatively effectively dosed, partially disclosed and not much room for improvement in my opinion. You are getting all the key pump and stimulant ingredients including CM, Beta Alanine, Agmatine, and multiple stimulant and stimulant aiding ingredients. The amounts of the Beta Alanine could be increased to the generally accepted acceptable dose. Ohh, and DYES, of course we need those because they have magical powers.

Dosing: One scoops will yield effective doses of all of the above ingredients. The entire tub has 30 servings. No need for over 1 scoop.

Effectiveness 9: Wow. This stuff was really good. It may be the 400MG of caffeine that give you a healthy kick, combined with the Tyrosine. Lets examine both the pump/performance and the energy. The energy is first rate. The combination of stimulant ingredients really shined here with me. You got clean solid and a very strong (not too strong) jolt of energy that pushed you through the first 30-45 minutes. It did wear off slowly, but that is expected.

The pump/performance was also great. The CM and Agmatine really shines, you have seen this combination more and more now. 2G of CM is a bit low in my opinion but still a fairly effective dose. The 500MG of Agamtine is a more than effective dosage. I don't know why some people take 1.5 to 2G of agamtine I just don't typically see much benefit over 500-750MG. This product on the pump/performance side performs great!

Taste 9: Fruit Punch. Standard, been there done that. Good as usual.

Value 8.75: This is about a standard as you get. 30 dollars, 30 servings. Great value here. With newer pre workouts selling for $40+, this is nice they kept the price point more than fair.

Conclusion 9: This product gets a big bladeski seal approval. Solid ingredients, great taste, effectively dosed and great value... The mostly disclosed label also provides solid transparency. I recommend checking it out.

Thanks to Bowflex for sending it out!

Pros:
 Cons:
    • Insanely Expensive
    • Underdosed.
    Special thanks go out Bowflex Body for providing the Troop Program with their Fitness Shake Protein. Bowflex is traditionally been known for fitness equipment, they have now been getting into the supplement industry with some limited products. With that said lets examine Bowflex Body's Fitness Shake.

How I ran it: 1-2 scoops at various times throughout the day.

How I ran it: 1-2 scoops at various times throughout the day.

Ingredients 5.5: My goodness Sit down, strap in and take a deep breath. The sheer amount of ingredients for this product is shocking. I know it is not sheerly a protein shake, but more a fitness shake (whatever that is). I counted about 65 ingredients in this product, which is a big turn off to me. The primary ingredients is a protein blend of 5 proteins, a fiber blend, an antioxidant blend and fillers for the taste. The big thing (or small depending on your perspective) is you only get 15G of protein per scoop, for each 37G scoops (ohh my). Just a lot of items in there. This product markets itself like a protein/fitness shake, but it does not have enough protein, no enough fiber/carbs, or antiOX blends. I am just confused at what this product is trying to be, if it wants to be an MRP, then effectively dose it. If it wants to be a protein product, then effectively dose it, and so on and so forth..

Mixing 7: With the added fiber and fillers, but mixes think. I used the old blender for the most part.

Taste 9: Actually, I loved the taste of this. It was thick, full bodied and great aftertaste the for the vanilla. Great!

Effectiveness 6.6: Man, I don't even know where to start with the effectiveness. This product tries to be everything to everyone and ends up being subpar at everything. The digestion was good which is probably due to the fiber pro blend which is included. Given the limited protein (15 grams) the recovery effectiveness was really a let down. I had to use 2 scoops to get up to 30 grams, which significantly reduces the value. Speaking of value

Value 2.5: My goodness. I can only find this product on Bowflex's site for 99 dollars. Yes 99 Dollars, for a 30 serving bag. You do not get any equipment with that price either. I don't need to say anything more Comical.

Conclusion 4.5: Lets keep this short and sweet. If you have money to burn, go outside and light it on fire. That would be about as an effective use of the money. I rarely outright bash a product, but this isn't a full MRP solution that has ultra effectively dosed ingredients that could even command this type of price. No seal of approval from Bladeski!

Thanks to 5% Nutrition for sending it out!

• Delays Fatigue
    • Helps DOMS
    • Easy To Scoop
      Special thanks go out 5% Nutrition for providing the experts with All Day You May (Amino Acid Product). Amino Acid supplements are all over the place. There are so many different types, brands, ratios, flavors. This is such a crowded supplement space.

How I ran it: 1 scoop intra workout. Simple enough.

How I ran it: 1 scoop intra workout. Simple enough.

Ingredients 8.5: I won't go into great detail with the full ingredient list, as it is already posted. However, I will discuss a couple of the key components. You get a solid 10:1:1 blend of BCAAs at a healthy amount. Next you get a solid EAA blends, you also get some electrolytes and beta alanine. I am very surprised at the overall quality of the product. They really put a health amount of quality ingredients (15.5G in total). Lastly, we have the dreaded DYE. I know you all hate it. It is still there, which puzzles me. With products without DYE tasting just as solid, I do not understand why companies continue to put such DYE in their products. 1 full point was deducted for the DYE. I know, it is my standard process!

Mixing 9: This mixed well, no clumping or significant residue. Typical Leucine foaming, but it is great.

Taste 8.5: Fruit Punch.. You are had this flavor is similar variants 100 times over. That isn't supposed to be a negative, as it tastes very good and refreshing when sipping intraworkout. I did however mix 1 scoop with 24 ounces of water. I like my intra watered down.

Effectiveness 9: In my educated opinion, the best way to evaluate the effectiveness of an amino acid product is its ability to reduce delayed onset muscle soreness. Additionally, recovery is important as well. All Day You May performed very well, as you would expect from the sheer mount of quality ingredients which are contained. All Day You May did a solid and respectable job at reducing DOMs and also assisted in the recovery field. Again, this does not break any new barriers in the market, but does product a solid choice. And choice is exactly what the industry and market needs.

When comparing this product with similar items on the market, it performs at the top end of the market.

Value 8.0: a 30 serving tub will run you around 37 dollars. It is not widely available and must be typically had on illpumpyouup.com The price tag really doesn't scare me when you consider the amount of ingredients.

Conclusion 9: I am always very skeptical when a bodybuilder gets into the supplement business and always closely inspect the product to ensure he does not just try to sell his name, rather than his product. Rich Piana, however has really created a great amino acid product that has a number of effective ingredients at effective amounts. This gets the bladeski seal of approval!

Overall
      Thanks to MyProtein for sending it out!

Pros:
       Cons:
      • Good Digestion
      • GMP & ISO-9001 Standards
      • Low Fat
      • Low Carb
        I was given the opportunity to review Impact Whey Isolate from MYPROTEIN via the Expert Reviewer program. They were very nice to provide a 2.2lb bag for review in exchange for an unbiased review. Ironically, I have never heard of this company before they signed up with the Expert Reviewer/TROOP program. As I inspected their site, they appear to offer a large amount of high quality products!

As with any protein review, it is very difficult to gauge the overall effectiveness and I typically attempt to gauge the quality of the ingredients, the digestion and fullness level.

Ingredients: 8.5:...

Ingredients: 8.5: Here you are getting a solid whey isolate protein. It does not disclose the nature of the processing, so we do not know if it ion-exchanged or cold filtered/processed. Limited and typical flavoring agents are also used. The amino profile should be DISCLOSED!!!! You do get 2G of leucine, but you don't know anything else!!!

Taste 8.5: I have tried many different types of proteins and hundreds of flavors, typically I am partial to peanut butter or coffee flavored proteins. However the old standard go-to is the Chocolate flavoring that is standard and very SAFE.

Myprotein's Isolate Impact performs well here. This is a very safe choice for many users as the taste is not overpowering, fairly smooth but a bit thin in consistency. Sometimes the designer specialized flavors get real old real fast and you need to go back to the old chocolate standby. This does not disappoint.

Effectiveness 8: Isolate Impact does well on the effectiveness. First, the digestion is great which is sort of odd because I inspected the ingredients and did not notice any digestive enzymes. Perhaps they were not disclosed. No issues with gas or bloating.

The ingredients you are getting is a high quality whey isolate, no fillers With this said, this product does well from a muscle building aspect similar to any other high quality products you are familiar with. The only item I wish they disclosed the amino acid profile on the package. They do indicate that you get 2G of leucine.

Value 8: At roughly 27.99 for 2.2lb plus shipping that is solid value. With the price of proteins going up and up every year, this is a welcome addition to the protein landscape.

Overall 8: This is a solid whey isolate product that is fairly priced and performs well in the effectiveness category. I recommend checking this and the other MYPROTEIN line out as they have a lot of great options. Bladeski seal of approval!

Overall
        Thanks to 5% Nutrition for sending it out!
          August 18, 2015

• Good Focus
        • Good Pump
        • Long Handle Scooper
        • Proprietary Blend
        5% Nutrition is Rich Piana's entry in the supplement industry. He company was very nice to provide the Experts with entire line of supplements. This review is for his pre workout KILL IT. How does it stack up against a very overcrowded market? We will see!

Usage: 1 scoop per session. I am not a huge fan of going extra on preworkout.

Usage: 1 scoop per session. I am not a huge fan of going extra on preworkout.

Ingredients 8.5: Refer to the ingredient listing as attached to the supplement information. In summary, you are getting some very solid, proven ingredients here including, citrulline malate, agmatine sulfate, creatine magnapower, COP, Beta Alanine, and a energy blend of caffeine and tyrosine. Fairly standard, but here standard is good! These are all blends, but it appears to be effectively dosed! 1 scoop provides 750mg of agmatine, a solid amount!

Mixing 8: Mixed fine, no issues here.

Taste 8.5: Maybe it is just me but all of these pre workouts begin to taste the same. This was blue raspberry, good flavor, with dye though.

Effectiveness 8.75: One of the more effective pre workouts here. From a pump perspective it delivers with multiple pump ingredients assist where some individuals may be unresponsive to single pump products. You get what you pay for here, solid prolonged pumped with the agmatine and citrulline.

From an energy perspective, I have had stronger, but honestly this performs well. As usual the combination of caffeine and tyrosine performs as expected. Nothing new and earth shattering here with the energy, but you really don't expect that. This energy is proven, effective and most of you have used these ingredients.

Value 8.5: $30 dollars for 30 servings very standard pricing here.

Conclusion 8.5: This product definitely gets the Bladeski seal of approval. A solid entry into the market for Rich Piana that utilizes proven ingredients at effective amounts. I recommend everyone to check this out. A solid product.

8.9
        Thanks to NutraBio for sending it out!
          August 14, 2015

• Great Value For A Blend
        • It Works
        • 3 Month Supply
        • Good Energy
          Full Disclosure NutraBio may be my favorite supplement company. They provide some of the most transparent and quality products on the market. With that said, that does not impair our ratings at SR.com. Next up from NutraBio is CreaFuze.

Usage: 1 scoop per session

Ingredients 8.5: This is a quality blend of three creatines. You get monohydrate, magna power and HCL. I know some people swear by any of these three. I myself, as I recently wrote in a prior review, see similar results with any of these individually. You get 5 grams per serving, 2G of HCL, 2G of Mono and 1G of Magna. Quality blend And it is lemon-lime flavor.

Mixing 8: This mixed as expected, some residue but mixes better than most. Very fine powder.

Taste 8.5: I absolutely love the nutrabio flavoring system. It is very smooth, dye free and not over powering.

Effectiveness 8.5: This is creatine ladies and gentlemen. This isn't going to blow you mind, but it is going to perform as well as other creatine have for you in the past. One thing I do like about blends, is if you are not that responsive to a single creatine, a blend will pick up the slack and help where the other creatine may not help.

Value 9: $30 dollars for 90 servings great price!!!

Conclusion 8.5: This is a great creatine from one of the most solid companies on the market. The blend really helps where others are non-responsive to other single based creatines. The price point is very competitive. Check it out!

Overall
          Thanks to Better Body Sports for sending it out!
            August 14, 2015

Pros:
           Cons:
          • It's Creatine!
            Better Bodies provided the experts with their creatine gluconate product. This is a straight forward creatine product, it doesn't get more simpler than this. Thanks to Better Bodies for supplying this to the community.

Usage: 1 scoop per session

Ingredients 8: As simple as you can get, 5 grams of creatine gluconate. Nothing more, no fillers, no extras, no tasters

Mixing 8: This mixed as expected, creatine doesn't mix the best, some residue left after consuming but nothing terrible.

Taste N/A: It tastes terrible, but it is creatine, unflavored.

Effectiveness 8: I seem to alway...

Usage: 1 scoop per session

Taste N/A: It tastes terrible, but it is creatine, unflavored.

Effectiveness 8: I seem to always say, creatine is creatine. With all the studies about which one performs better for producing more energy, which one is more stable in waters, etc Honestly, regardless of the type, each creatine I have tried over the past 10 years performs the same. This is no different. It is a very good product. The gluconate version is supposedly better absorbing for maximum bio availability. I honestly can't comment on that claim, but it works as expected.

Value 8: This is priced anywhere between 20-30 dollars for 60 servings. Fair and par for the course.

Conclusion 8: Again, this is creatine. You most likely have tried all kinds of variations, with similar results. Some people claim other variations are superior, you may want to consider this one.