Anthony1989

Rep for: AMA Supplements

• Member has been active for 6 years, and was last online 4 years ago

Reviews by Anthony1989

Since becoming a rep, Anthony1989 has not been allowed to post additional reviews. Read more about our rep rules.

January 26, 2015

Pros:
 Cons:
  • Great Endurance
  • Stim Free
  • Increases N.O.
  • Ok Pumps
  • Effects Don't Last Long
  • Expected More

Once in awhile I will indulge in pump products simply just to see whats out there and if they are effective or not. That being said, they are pure luxury and if you have money to spend on them, why not. When PES releases a new product, especially a pump product, I had to hop all over it. I am addicted to alphamine and my favorite pre ever was enhanced (RIP). there was so much hype for this product, with such a small intro price I would be stupid not to jump on it. But did it live up to the hype? Did this change my whole outlook on pump products? Hmm we shall see..

---...

(8/10)

The ingredient profile was actually kind of nice. 2 matrixes: Nitric Oxide and performance pump. The Nitric Oxide panel is transparently labeled showing that there is 4g of L-Citrulline, 2g Arginine Nitrate, and 1g of good ol Agmatine. The second was a bit more intriguing, and it included Amentomax and Hydromax included. For those who don't know or not familiar with those ingredients I will do a simplified write-up:

Hydromax w/ taurine is a glycerol compund that gets instantly transported to your plasma after ingested. The problem with it is that it is very gritty and acts like a sponge when it comes in contact with any moisture instantly soaking it up and clumping. It can saturate the muscle and deliver that high quality pump aspect, but sometimes it doesn't deliver because of the rough texture. Taurine, in general, alleviates cramps by hydrating the muscle. So basically taurine will help bring this glycerol component to the muscle to not only hydrate it, but deliver the precious ingredient to feed our ongoing desires to feel like Arnold.

Amentomax hasn't had a lot of studies done on it, from what I read. If you don't know the aspect of calcium in a muscle contraction then this may be a little hard to understand, but amentomax helps release more calcium ions in the muscle cell allowing more force to be produced. Ultimately, giving off a more of a 'focus' aspect to this product, and feeding that 'mind-muscle' connection.

(4/10)
I had the paradise cooler and it was so clumpy from the ingredients that it was hard to dose and get an actual scoop. It is a pineapple orange flavor which can be very hard to mask and mix in with other preworkout flavors(if you choose to do so). The flavor itself isn't half bad. One dosen't overpower the other by any means, almost like a tropical punch flavor. I wish I got the blue frost flavor. There was clumping and settlement, which was expected since I didn't expect a huge clump to dissolve instantly.

(6/10)
The first week was insane. I had some of the fattest pumps throughout any muscle group I was training to the point that I felt numb, but wanted to keep going. Vascularity was huge and what I loved seeing. I had a vein fatter than a fish oil pill right on top of my forearm, you know I was taking pics, lol. But all good things come to an end, and low and behold after that week I wasn't experiencing much of vascularity or crazy pumps through the rest of my run.

(2/10)
It's 18 servings that could be fond for ~30$ which, in my opinion, is not a great deal at all. If it was consistent through the whole run, I would have no problem paying that tag. But in my eyes, not so much.

Side Effects

Conclusion

Like I stated previously, this was purely a luxury run. I just wanted to see if it lived up to the hype. I am really sorry to say it did not. Anyways, just my two cents to save you two cents..

Anthony

December 22, 2014

Pros:
 Cons:
  • More Vascular
  • Great Pumps
  • Not Enough Energy

I want to thank NubreedFreak for allowing me to try a few products out from the Nubreed line. I apologize if these seem late, I have been tied up with life and whatever else it throws my way. I stacked this with Menace and Tenacity and was pleasantly surprised with the run. I will post a review of menace next, but my review of Tenacity is up. This is there pre-workout from their very extensive line. They claim:

"Once UNDISPUTED™is absorbed into the bloodstream the body will begin to heat up, muscle fibers will being to have a tingling sensation, this is when you know it is “GAME ON”. UNDISPUTED™is taking over your body, getting you mentally and physically prepared for the most intense training session you have ever experienced!!! UNDISPUTED™has been formulated to generate an aggressive mental attitude to push you harder than any other pre-workout powder, producing vein bursting vascularity / pumps!!!*"

(8/10)
From the look of their ingredient profile, it looks like it hits all the criteria that you would typically look for in a pre. It has two complexes, one for pump, and the other for stimulant. The only downfall is that it is in blends, which is fine and understandable.

The profile:
Vaso-Drive Accelerator: Arginine Carglumate, Arginine Pyroglutamate, L-Arginine Beta Alanine, AgmaPure™, N-Carbamylglutamate(NCG), 2,6-Diaminohexanoic Acid, Citruline Carglumate Ornithine, Vanadyl Sulfate

Nu-Drive Complex: Glycine, Caffeine, Acacia Extract, Higenamine, Advantra Z™, Citrus Aurantium (whole fruit), Acacia Rigidula, N,N-dimethyl-4-hydroxyphenylethylamine Alpha Glyceryl Phosphoryl Choline (Alpha GPC)

The scoop is 8g total, so it is a pretty hefty unlike many counterparts that are smaller. No points knocked off, I actually like that and knowing that there are hefty doses of ingredients. It has everything you need, for the most part, and I noticed they have Advantra Z again, like they do most of their ingredients. All and all, not a bad profile at all, but does a great profile always lead to a great product? hmm..

(7/10)

I wanted to stray away from the norm, and get a flavor that is unusual so I chose the Lemon-Lime flavor, and it was really sour and tasted only like lime. I am not a stickler on flavor at all since its chugged instantly but I would have liked a calmer flavor and more lemon, but I didn't mind it. Mixes fine, no settling, clumps or leftover sediment. The more scoops you add the more the flavor intensifies, obviously. I recommend getting a flavor you like from the various options they have. It actually kind of waked me up since it was pretty sour.

(6/10)

On to what you are all looking for, the reason why we are addicted to these things. This product wasn't necessarily hit or miss for me. It shines in one blend then it did for the other. I thoroughly enjoyed the pump component of this, I mean it was 4+g, if I am not mistaken, so it better be good. The energy part, on the other hand, took the backseat. If my workout was an hour and a half long, the pump would be the full duration and the energy would maybe last 30-45 minutes, at most. The energy is not instant either, unlike the pump. I usually expect the energy to come first and the pump to come as I incorporate more volume. That obviously wasn't the case. I can deal and plan accordingly with the energy taking longer to kick in, but you really have to make the best of the energy window that it provides.The pumps from this were absolutely insane. At times, I had to quit sets because my forearms couldn't hold on any longer. Increased vascularity is a huge plus. At 2 scoops, which was the highest I dosed, I felt like it should have been better. I didn't have much of a beta alanine tingle as well even though it is one of the first ingredients labeled.

(6.5/10)

There are 40 servings in the container, but from the effects I endured, it just wasn't there. If this was a true 1 scoop preworkout then it would have been rated much higher.

Side Effects

Conclusion

It's not often that I depend on energy from preworkouts to fuel my workouts, I look at them as a luxury. That being said, when I do purchase a pre, it is because I am looking for that kick in the face "Get out of my way, I can lift anything in the world" feeling. That just wasn't the case with Undisputed. It left me desiring more from it. The pump completely outshined it, and I don't think a stimulant preworkout should use that as its main component.

My two cents to save you 2 cents

Have a good holiday everyone!

December 1, 2014

Pros:
 Cons:
  • Great Thermogenic
  • SWEAT
  • Versatile
  • SWEAT
----Introduction---
What is up everyone doing a quick review on this Nubreed product that has easily jumped to my top 3 fat burners to date! I was sent this product from a rep over here in Michigan to review for my store. I always knew of Nubreed and their quality of products back when they used white labels for everything, but just never got around to trying any of them. After the increasing popularity for the brand, kind of bummed I didn't jump on the train earlier. Anyways, my cycle was Undisputed, Menace, and Tenacity.. On to what you all want to hear!!

For ...
----Introduction---

For those who are interested in the ingredient label!
1 pill 60 capsules
Black Tea Extract, Caffeine, Raspberry Ketones, Advantra Z®, Citrus Aurantium (whole fruit), Yohimbe Bark Extract, Vinpocetine

The blend above is 600mg per pill. Not a lot of crazy ingredients nor ground-breaking technology, except perhaps the Advantra Z, but pretty simple for the most part. I would like to know how much there is of each product, but I get the point of blends.

They are pills, take them, use them, feel it, harness it

No burps, stomach issues or anything wrong to speak on.
I used a few different dosing schedules to analyze this. I will speak on their effectiveness later but I dosed it:

1/0, 0/1, 1/1, 2/0(favorite), 2/1

I will begin by saying I tried this in number of ways because the effects are so consistent and versatile. I found it so easy to stick 1 pill a scoop of preworkout, or with energy aminos. Any of which you can tailor to yourself but I found benefits with basically anything.

1 pill: This is where it can be fun. I was throwing a pill in with just about anything I could get my hands on. The cracked out, stimmed aspect is not really heavy with 1 pill making it extremely versatile. It is a very calm energy boost, increase in body temperature, sweaty palms, increased cognitive reactions, and increased body sweating. I dosed 1 in the morning by itself to drive to class, which takes about 45 minutes, and where I thought I would fall asleep on the ride there because I was not mentally awake I was burning up like crazy I had to put the window down. The thermogenic part about it kicked in way faster then the energy portion. Effects lasted around 3 hours, tops.

2 pills: When you work up a tolerance to just 1 pill, which doesn't take long, I would suggest bumping it up to two. I used 2 when I didn't want to bring any other outside stimulants in. There has been countless times where I have had to change clothes throughout the day because I was just sweating them out. The effects at some points were just overwhelming and I wish the serving was a powder so i can tweak my high. I would have to find something to do because the energy portion is kind of outrageous, but fun. The effects would last around 4-8 hours sometimes which makes it perfect to dose right in the morning. I had literally no appetite or desire to eat when dosing it at 2, that's why I ate first thing thing and took them with my meal so I could eat breakfast.

I always tried to find new ways to incorporate a pill into my regimen. I was leaning out a lot faster with my diet and other supps listed and I can attribute much of that success to these pills. I started out at 199 lbs and now typing this at 194(post-thanksgiving binge). A noticeable difference in my mid-section and thighs.

Along with the rest of the nubreed line up they all have strict regulations on their prices. So basically everywhere you look this product is going to be 32$ for 60 pills. This can last someone with a dosing protocol of 1 pill upwards of 2 months. If you take 2 a day, its 30 days. I still think with the price tag and my experiences its really worth it.

Side Effects

Butt Sweat. Back Sweat. Palm Sweat. Couldn't Shake hands with others.

Conclusion

Like stated earlier, this is a fat burner that has easily made my top 3. Simply because the thermogenic aspects were so much more pronounced throughout the whole run. The energy/stimulant portion might not be there for everyone, like it was myself, but the sweating and increased heart rate that we all look for in fat-burners made its name. Add it to anything or let it stand alone and you are bound to have some good experiences.

Overall
Overall
3.0
2.0
  November 5, 2014

Pros:
 Cons:
  • Consistent
  • Ingredients
  • Bad Value
I received Legend from one of the guys over at Cutler Nutrition. First off, I pretty much knew what I was getting myself into when I received the product, and thus my expectations for the run. Not a lot of hype surrounding his line and for any of his products.

You gotta train like a legend to be a legend right? This is his Legend:

Profile: (3/10)

You gotta train like a legend to be a legend right? This is his Legend:

Profile: (3/10)

Oh my gawd, there is basic profiles and then there is this... 3.75g blend of 10 ingredients! that is just absurd. It has creatine, trimethylglycine, taurine, and caffiene labeled before beta alanine. After that it's 4 random ingredients I didn't even bother reading up on after looking at the label. Verrrry under dosed with basic ingredients.

Taste: (8/10)
I had the Berry Splash flavor, and honestly, it wasn't bad. At moments it reminded me of medicine but actually kind of sweet and refreshing. It defintley tastes like a mixed berry, a nice blueberry/strawberry mix. No issues with mixing, either. Drop it in and it instantly dissolves.

Effectiveness: (5/10)

I have taken anywhere from 2-4 scoops, and honestly, it is a very calm energy boost. I never received any pumps, tingles, or anything in particular. All it is is just a nice boost of energy. I did find myself busting a sweat in some of my workouts and have heightened focus because of it. Never really gained any strength off of it like I do when I am on creatine. I can easily compare it to c4. A very basic and calm energy boost, that if I ingested more scoops or servings, never really got higher buzz off of it. Where this really shined is consistency. It always delivered the energy.

Value: (3/10)

You can find this online for any where from 25-29$ for 25 servings. Do I think this is a good deal after my experience? Not a chance. Are there much better options for the same serving amount and price? TONS. All things taken into consideration and off my experience, I wouldn't recommend this to the everyday preworkout junkie. I would maybe recommend it to someone that is just getting started. Anyways, that is just my 2 cents to save your 2 cents.
So do I feel like a Legend, taking Legend? No. Not at all

October 15, 2014

Pros:
 Cons:
  • Intense Focus
  • Consistent
  • Increased Focus
  • Some Insomnia
  • Sweating
  • Shrinkage
Quick review on a product that I enjoyed running and, in my eyes, the absolute best product leading the nootropics category. I purchased this product because I have been overrun by grad school, work and business and needed a 'pick me up'. I am very happy with my decision to get this product and I will explain why...

Profile: (10/10)

3 ingredients.. AMP Citrate, Caffiene, and Pikatropin. All individually dosed and no blends. You just cant beat that, and I will explain how those doses and ingredients all play a role when I talk about effectiveness.

Taste: (10/10)

A red and black gel cape...

Profile: (10/10)

Taste: (10/10)

A red and black gel caped pill. Very easy to swallow. Also, slightly intimidating colors, lol.

Effectiveness: (8/10)

1 pill: Not much to offer a slight energy increase and a slight amount of focus. The AMP is dosed at 300mg so you get a little taste of what it offers with just a single dose. usually took with a cup of coffee or with energy amino's.

2 pills: Wow, what did I just take, lol. You can feel the energy start to creep up on you. It's nice and calm at first, then when you're fully engulfed it can be somewhat overpowering. It's a high you can actually feel. my cognitive responses were becoming faster, I felt smarter, confident, I was speaking faster then I could comprehend. You really want to utilize the energy it gives off, because sitting around brought me anxiety and made me really sweaty and anxious

3 pills: Never even thought about taking this many. There was never a need to.

I will break this down into certain categories in which I used these pills.

Study/School: I am not sure if it is just my mental clarity or my ADD, but sitting in a chair sky high off ampitropins are not that fun. Unless it was an interactive or fun class, so to speak, then it is not worth having that much energy for a lecture like most of the classes I was in. Stick to 1 pill to stay awake. I have written some of the best papers in my college career while on these as well.

Workout: I loved the energy that it provided outside of working out, so I used it during several workouts as my preworkout. For me, I have to drink something prior to working out I dont know if its OCD or habit, but its habit. I just took these with a creatine and/or pump product of choice and I was off to the races. Literally. At 2 pills it was that constant energy stream that lasted after your workouts when the pump tapered off. It was weird actually driving home from the gym and thinking about approximate amount of minutes I was going to cook food or amount of seasonings lol I was just running all over the place.

Side effects: (7.5/10)
Just wanted to point this out real quick, some side effects I had:
Sweating, sometimes headaches, instant Johnson shrinkage and once in awhile I felt my braing itching? lol weird but kinda cool. The positives definitely outweighed the bad

Value: (10/10)

You can find it anywhere from 23-30$ a bottle, and if you use it like I did, which was sparingly over almost 2 months, then it can last you however long you need it too. I used it only when I didn't have a preworkout or when I needed a boost of energy. I would never use it everyday, because once it was gone I don't know how I would be able to go back to reality! This is a very strong stim or 'brain optimizer' that is leading the pact in this category. The effects yielded much more then my expectations and I loved every single dose.

September 29, 2014

Pros:
 Cons:
  • Tastes Amazing
  • No Proprietary Blends
  • Nootropic
  • Endurance
  • Pump
  • No Noticeable Crash
  • The Tubs Aren't Neverending
  • Broke Out In A Rash When I Consumed Too Much
What is going on everyone.. Another preworkout review that I finished from my arsenal. This time around it is none other then LGI's Fully Loaded.

Claims to be the "Advanced 'All in One" Pre-workout and when I first saw the ingredient profile I asked if there was anything they missed? Literally every ingredient under the sun that is valuable is in this profile.

Profile: (9.5/10)

Profile: (9.5/10)

I'm not gonna post the entire label of this product because it is too much. It's 16 quality ingredients, all fully disclosed with their amounts. No blends and no matrixes. It literally feels like this product has everything in it. Filled with stimulants and pump products From AMP and pikatropin to agmatine and L-citrulline. Only thing about the profile is I know how much of the individual ingredients I tend to like and some seem a little underdosed. Overall, I love the formula.

Taste: (10+/10)

I had peach mango and it is not typically my first choice in flavors, but BAWWW GAWWD this is heaven sent. The only actual peach mango product that tastes just like it is supposed to. To compare it to anything, it tastes like it came from a Arizona can, not too sweet, but just enough. If they made a BCAA or anything else that can have this flavor, I will purchase it based off this product's flavor. If this didn't make me freak out, I would sip on it all day.

Effectiveness: (8.5/10)

Not to knock on this product, but I had some off experiences with it, so to speak. It is truly a 1 scoop preworkout because when I took more then 1 scoop I had a nasty reaction. I broke out in a bad rash and that along with the beta alanine made it even worse. (I'm assuming as a result of too much histamine being released from the pump ingredients) but for 1 scoop this was exactly what the label is. I had a more cognitive focus in between my lifts instead of getting distracted, I had very noticeable/pumps and increased vascularity as well. Everything tied in together made me want to spend all night in the gym just dripping in sweat. I never wanted to leave. The focus was very smooth and lasted afterwards which I love.

Value: (9/10)

You can find it online in the range of 28-33$ a tub, so an average of 30$ for 30 servings. you do the math, it is worth every penny. Honestly, they can sell it for 35$ and I would still think that's a good deal after using it.

Overall I loved everything about this, except, of course, throwing it away. Hands down, one of the best preworkout's I have used in a long time. I cannot wait to get my hands on another bottle and try strawberry limeade next time. If you are looking for a product that delivers pumps, focus, energy and endurance look no further Fully loaded has it all

August 5, 2014

• Ineffective
Good morning SR! Today I am going to be shedding some light, or for most pushing in the dark, about Hybrids PREAmp.. I will be honest there is not much to say about this product, it was almost ineffective to me. Therefore, I will make this review short and sweet, and straight to the point

Supplement facts: (5/10)

Basic as it gets.. You can tell by the ingredients this wont help build muscle or anything. It is strictly stimulants and ingredients to help with endurance.

AMP3NERGY Propietary Blend:

Supplement facts: (5/10)

AMP3NERGY Propietary Blend:

Beta Alanine, GABA, Choline, Caffeine, Pikatropin, AMP Citrate (4-Amino-2-Methylpentane Citrate), Higenamine
3,545 mg

I gave it a 5 because it is very basic ingredients, but I also gave it a 5 because it is in a huge blend lol. Like c'mon some of those ingredients like beta alanine is effective at 3.2 g and this blend is 3.5 g per scoop.. Some things do not add up

Taste: (7/10)

I will have to say that this is the only aspect that this particular product shines on. I had the blue Razz flavor and it does hit the mark. Not too sweet and not too dull, just right. Almost like a watered down Gatorade.

Effectiveness: (2/10)

This is the main topic that we all care about.. This product was poor and I mean really lacking. First, you look at the label and tell yourself 1 scoop is not gonna be enough, so you take on two.. Next thing you know youre yawning and falling asleep on the bench. Maybe 3 days in of not feeling anything off 3 scoops worth, I started to give some to my girlfriend who at 2 scoops was having the same effects as me. Finally, to get rid of it, I just dumped water in the tub and drank the tub to get rid of it. (maybe like 4 scoops worth) just a slight little energy increase.

Lets just say it was even nice to get on c4 after going through this..

Value: (3/10)

On nutraplanet now it is 33 bones for 40 servings, that's outrageous. I think I payed 24 for it and thats because I got a free shirt. I cant imagine paying that kind of money for this off the experience I had or didn't have off of it.

Anyways, not to be mean, give credit where credit is due. This product deserves not so much. Until next time SR! Thanks

June 24, 2014

Pros:
 Cons:
  • Great Focus
  • Tastes Like Medicine
What's up everyone!
This is my first review in years so please bare with me as I try to dissect and to explain my experiences with this particular product. This is the first product I have used from this company and I have to say it was a pleasure. I am all for Pre's that deliver the focus, heightened mood, and that push me mentally to new heights versus those that offer more stimulants physically, i.e overdoing beta alanine and what not. Anyways, I just finished the tub that I bought on the intro sale from nutra before June.. First things first..

Profile: (8/10)

Focus & Mood:
Choline Bitartrate
250 mg

Energy & Drive:
Caffeine, 4-Amino-2-Methylpentane Citate (AMP Citrate), B-Phenylethylamine HCL, Hordenine HCL, Higenamine HCL, Rauwolfia Vomitoria Extract (std. min. 90% Rauwolscine)
585 mg

ok so as you can tell per 1 scoop it is underdosed, but on the side of the container it tells you that 2 scoops is considered hypermaxx. The profile is pretty consistent with what a lot of companies are putting out lately with the addition of AMP Citrate. Also a lot of PRE's lately include the same exact 'energy and drive' blend that this one has.
I liked this profile personally and that everything is disclosed. I will speak more in depth about what my experiences per scoop or half scoop in effectiveness, but you can tell its a true 2 scoop preworkout.

Taste: (7.5/10)

The flavor is fruit punch, but it tastes like cough medicine just not as viscous as it. If you are one of those people that your stomach churns off a particular scent and that the smell brings back bad memories of something this might not be a good one. Literally, just like cough medicine with tablets of FP flavored medicines taken from your medicine cabinet and sprinkled in.
I didn't care lol, I don't mind it all. I just have those type of experiences with tropical punch flavors lol.

Mix: (10/10)

No problems here drop your dose in and it instantly mixes. No clumps, foam or anything to talk about here..

Effectivness: (9/10)

I really planned on having my "redemption" review being on LGI's Fully loaded, but lawwwwdddd I had to put the bottle down and stick with this stuff. Here's why:

1 scoop: taken first day, why not, just got a little taste of what this stuff has to offer. High focus, and oddly painful pumps from just 500 mg of agmatine. It was good first hit.. I wanted more lol

1.5 scoop: taken for about just over 2 weeks then upped it to 2 to finish off the container. 1.5 was veryy consistent and this is when I knew what I had on my hands. Somedays the beta-alanine was more prevalent, somedays the pumps were, but the focus was the #1 and best aspect about this. Every workout was just as consistent as the last in terms of energy and focus. Really why I loved this particular product.

2 scoop: once you hit 2 scoops, you have hit the sweet spot. The first time I did two scoops I rowed 365x2 which blew me away because I was stuck at 345x1 for a long time. So that was nice. When ingested, the first thing you notice is the tingles from the beta alanine, the pumps were intense, and the energy and focus was scary sometimes. Sometimes I would almost be emotionless because I was so zoned out and everything was shut out. My gf would always ask whats wrong and why I am mad. How can I be mad about hitting PR's? lol but seriously it is a true 2 scoop pre and it shines most at 2.

*Note: Don't get distracted while taking this, I noticed me staring off into the distance or like staring at the wall for too long just focused on things that I lost focus when I came back to myself lol*

Value: (7/10)

It is in the same ballpark as every other preworkout now an days, but this one truthfully you get what you are paying for. You can find it on nutra now for 30$ for 40 single scoops. I cant speak on everyones tolerance towards certain stimulants but I respond well to AMP citrate. For 30$ for 20 days AT LEAST of great workouts I would do it in a heartbeat.

Overall:

I gave this an 8 because of the flavor and the value as well as the focus and energy blend not being fully disclosed. No big deal tho, I loved this stuff and I know most of you AMP responders will with the rest of the ingredients in this stuff. Hope I didn't butcher this review that bad lol Thank you all for hearing me out!

September 22, 2010

• 6-8 Pills A Day
  • Few Breakouts
  • Want More!
  • Cost!
Alright very skeptical at first seeing the reviews bounce back and fourth. so i decided to take it for myself. i stacked it w l-arginine, jack3d, and OxyElite Pro. I have never been more satisfied in my whole life. I started off at 189 lbs. benching 225 max. im now at 183 w a 260 max. All of my workouts have increased tremendously and i still have just over a week left. Very pleased w what USP Labs has put out.

Although i did have a few minor breakouts on my back. And just a few on my thighs, i was able to get rid of them and they dont come back. There are alot of pills to take as well....

I hope everyone gets to experience what i felt using Pink Magic, its a really great buy and worth the money!!