AlphandOmega

• Was an active member for 2 years, but hasn't been online since May, 2014
  • Social media account not linked

Reviews by AlphandOmega

April 3, 2014

• Good Mood
  • Effective
  • Fat Loss
  • Appetite Suppression
  • Very Strong
  • Blends
ENORMOUS THANKS to Montego, Snagency, and everyone else from Finaflex Nutrition for allowing me to try out and log the new Pro-Xanthine 500 XT. I've sampled numerous thermos in the past. But in my opinion, Pro-X is definitely one of the most well rounded fat burners currently on the market.

Content: 8/10
Pro-Xanthine XT contains a few of the typical ingredients you find in many thermogenics, mainly caffeine and Green tea extract. However, they did throw in some other ingredients that have some pretty special effects.

Anti-Oxidant Energy Amplification-450mg
The Energy blend contains 1, 3,...

Anti-Oxidant Energy Amplification-450mg
The Energy blend contains 1, 3,7trimethylxanthine (AKA Caffeine). Finaflex's own special stimulant blend; IRISINxd. That contains Green Tea Extract and N-Coumaroyldopamine. As well as Blueberry Extract, Theobromine, and AvandraZ.

The Caffeine and the green tea extract are pretty self-explanatory, given that if both ingredients are dosed appropriately. But since it is a prop blend, this is difficult to determine. It also contains N-courmaroyldopamine, which is found in the cocoa plant, is a selective Beta-2 agonist and is said to have a leaning and hardening effect at proper dosages. Blueberry extract is full of anti-oxidants that contain various properties. Theobromine is a mild stimulant and vasodilator. Finally there is AvandraZ, a patented bitter orange extract that is supposed to have strong thermogenic properties, as well as decrease appetite, and supporting lean muscle mass.

MOOD ELEVATOR AND FOCUS-205 mg
The mood and focus blend contains Thiamine disulfide butyrate (sulbutiamine). As well as b-Phenethylamine HCl, Schizandrol A, Hordenine HCl, and r-Methyl-b-Phenethylamine HCl

Sulbutiamine is a synthetic derivative of thiamine, also known as Vitamin B1. That can aid in boosting attitude and focus. Phenethylamine HCL is a stimulant possibly capable of boosting metabolism and focus. Schizandrol A is an adaptogenic stimulant that boosts focus. And finally there is Hordenine HCl, which is another mild mental stimulant.

Overall Effectiveness: 8.5/10
For this section of the review I will be including the rating system that Finaflex requested to be used for the reviews of Pro-Xanthine 500 XT.

Finaflex's Scale-
Please rate on a scale of 1-5: 1=Strongly Disagree; 2 = Disagree; 3 = Neutral; 4 = Agree; 5 = Strongly Agree

1) This product improved focus.
Finaflex's Scale-4/5
The focus enhancing aspect of this product was pretty much right on the money. It was usually about 25 to 30 minutes when I would start to feel the effects kick in. And after that I felt much more alert and intent on what I was doing. The effects consistently lasted for at least a couple hours and definitely helped me keep me on point while I was at the gym, studying, at work, or in class.

2) This product provided appetite suppression.
Finaflex's Scale-4.5/5
This was by far the strongest part of Pro-Xanthine in my opinion. I would take one capsule immediately upon waking and if I wasn't going to the gym that morning, I would eat my first meal (Which was usually less than 350 calories) about 20 minutes later. From there I typically wouldn't start to feel hungry at all until about 3 to 5 hours later. With the second dosage, I would pop another capsule about 2-3 hours later after a meal and would experience the same reduction of appetite.

3) This product provided thermogenic effects.
Finaflex's Scale-4.25/5
Again, this aspect of the product was right on the money. My job always keeps me on my feet and busy, and during my time on this product I noticed I was sweating more as well as a general increase in body temperature. Same thing for when I was sitting in class or around the house as well. But, while at the gym is where I noticed the biggest increase. I would start to break a sweat during my first few moments of warm-up cardio. And by the time I had finished my last sets, my face, torso, and hair would be absolutely covered in sweat.

4) This product provided clean energy.
Finaflex's Scale-4/5
First off let me state that I would consider myself very stimulant tolerant and have never really had problems with stimulants being too powerful. That being said, there were a couple of days during the first two weeks where I felt a little anxious and jittery. However after the first two weeks had passed, the rest of my time on Pro-X I noticed a definite increase in overall energy in between doses and throughout the whole day. I also never experienced any energy crashes, caffeine headaches, or anything else of that nature.

5) I really enjoyed this product and would recommend it to friends and family.
Finaflex's Scale-4.25/5
I definitely would recommend this product to anyone (As long as they have had proper experience with stimulants) looking for a strong thermogenic. Pro-Xanthine 500 XT was for the most part right on the money of what I expect from a thermo. And it is definitely one of the very best fat burners I have ever used.

A single bottle of Pro-X will cost you about an even 30$ from an online retailer. Each bottle will provide 30 days of use, so that puts the price per day right at about 1$. Considering the overall effectiveness of Pro-X, I would consider this value to be pretty high.

Overall: 8.5/10
Overall I feel that Pro-Xanthine XT offers a lot to those in the market for a strong fat burner. It provides great appetite suppression, energy, and boost in thermogenesis. And the cost will certainly not break the bank. All in all making it one of the better thermos currently out there in my opinion.

February 15, 2014

Pros:
 Cons:
  • Superb Thermo Effect
  • Euphoria
  • Aids In Fat Loss
  • Stim-free
  • Decent Value
  • Versatile
  • 6 Pills A Day Can Be A Bit Overwhelming
  • Including In A Stack Can Get Expensive
Big thanks to Metroba, Jimbuick, and everyone else from BPS for allowing me to test out and log the new Damage Control Protocol 2.0.

Content: 9/10
DCP 2.0 has what I consider a fairly well rounded blend of ingredients that support weight loss and increase thermogenesis. BPS included a lot in the ingredient profile, and I especially like when a company does not use a proprietary blend.

Serving Size: 2 Capsules
Salvia Miltiorrhiza 20:1 (250 mg)
Salvia has been linked to increase in Dopamine levels as well improving the metabolism of lipids by the liver.

Artemisia Iwayomogi 20:1 (5...

Serving Size: 2 Capsules
Salvia Miltiorrhiza 20:1 (250 mg)

Artemisia Iwayomogi 20:1 (500 mg)
Not much published research out there on this one. But initial studies have linked the ingredient to possibly possessing fat burning properties.

Catalposide (150 mg)
Catalposide has been linked to increasing fat loss by activation of one main mechanism. Catalposide has also been shown to possibly have anti-inflammatory properties.

Propionyl-L-Carnitine (PLCAR)/Carnitine Fumerate Blend (300 mg)
L-Carnitine is definitely one of the most common ingredients out there. Carnitine has been shown to increase ATP production as well as being important in heart and brain function.

Raspberry Ketones (100 mg)
The Dr. Oz miracle supplement. Several studies have linked ketones to supporting fat loss and preventing the accumulation of fat cells.

Mangiferin (50 mg)
Compounds in Mangiferin have been shown to be essential in the various stages of fat burning. As well as playing a vital role in lipid metabolism.

Momordin 35% (40 mg)
Momordin has been shown to increase fatty acid oxidation as well as improved glucose metabolism.

Dosage/Taste: (10/10)
As stated on the bottle, BPS recommends taking one serving (2 capsules) three times a day. BPS also does not state how long apart to space the servings. I personally loved using a serving of DCP 2.0 as a workout enhancer and would take it with my pre-workout formula. I would then follow up with the second and third servings with meals later in the day or however else I saw fit. I was also able to take a serving of DCP 2.0 three to four hours before going to bed and never experienced any negative effects on my sleep. So there is a lot of opportunity to personalize how you want to take this supplement.

I never had any problems with weird aftertastes or "powder burps" during my run of DCP 2.0. The capsules are quite small, and are pretty easy to swallow two at a time.

First and foremost, the thermogenic effect I experienced from DCP 2.0 was superb. I would start to break a sweat from my first few minutes of warm-up cardio before lifting. And then by the time I had finished my last sets, my entire torso and face would be absolutely covered in sweat. DCP also seemed to definitely add an extra energy boost as I felt myself being able to push and go a little harder during the run of my two bottles.

Around the last quarter of the first bottle was when I noticed to see the areas around my mid-section, shoulders, arms, and face look a bit leaner and tighter. Though at the time I was recomping and my change in diet and training definitely had the biggest impact. I felt DCP 2.0 did definitely help play a major part in helping me lean out.

Online, a bottle of DCP 2.0 will run you back about thirty-five to forty dollars. This is not overly expensive if you plan on using DCP as a solid, non-stimulant standalone for a cut or recomp. As a single bottle will last thirty days if taking the full amount of servings each day. But if you were planning on adding it in with a stimulant based thermogenic, you're possibly looking at spending close to eighty dollars for both products.

Overall, I feel DCP 2.0 is definitely one of the best thermogenics I have ever taken. It helped me shed some unwanted pounds and tighten up various parts of my body. I would definitely recommend this to anyone looking for a solid addition to a cutting stack. Or to anyone in need of a solid non-stimulant based weight loss product.

January 4, 2014

Pros:
 Cons:
  • Increase In Regularity
  • Great Profile
  • Two Products Rolled Into One
  • Quality Ingredients
  • May Not Be The Best Thing For Everybody
  • Some Under Dosed Ingredients
Quite a long review for me, but this product totally deserves it in my mind.

Content: 9/10
I will be rating the content based on the Multi Vitamin part and Greens part of Orange
Triad+Greens.

Vitamin Part-9.5/10
Quite a long review for me, but this product totally deserves it in my mind.

Triad+Greens.

Vitamin Part-9.5/10
Orange Triad+Greens contains Vitamin C along with the fat soluble Vitamins A, D, E, and K. As well as Vitamins B1, B2, B3, B4, B5, B6, and B12. Orange Triad+Greens also contains Folate (Folic Acid) and Biotin. Twelve out of thirteen of these Vitamins are dosed at or above their individual Recommended Daily Allowances (RDA). The same stands true for the minerals in Orange Triad+Greens except for Calcium, Phosphorus, Magnesium, Copper, Chromium, and Potassium.

To add to this, Orange Triad+Greens uses quality sources for all of the most important Vitamins and Minerals. Such as Vitamin D, that is present in its natural form as Cholecalciferol. As well as for Vitamin E, that is present in its natural forms as D-Alpha, D-Beta, D-Gamma, D-Delta Tocopheryls and Tocotrienols. All of the minerals used are present in one or more of their Chelated forms. That offer better absorption by the body as compared to their oxidized forms.

Finally, Orange Triad+Greens contains Boron, Vanadium, and does not contain any Iron. It also contains two different joint health blends comprised of MSM, Glucosamine, Chonditrin, Bromelain, and Hyaluronic Acid. Though the dosages used are somewhat low compared to some of the better rated joint products on the market.

Greens Part-8.5/10
Orange Triad+Greens contains 28 standalone Greens/Super Food ingredients. One digestion and immunity complex. An Anti-Oxidant complex and one blend of various enzymes. And finally one Probiotic blend. From what I was able to find, some of the ingredients are not at the recommended dosages. While others seemed to be at the fairly general amount of what is typically recommended. But overall Orange Triad+Greens does offer a lot more then several other similar products.

Dosing: 10/10
On the tub, Controlled Labs recommends taking one scoop of Orange Triad+Greens two times a day. I instead followed my own dosing procedure and took two scoops with the first meal of the day. I've heard of other people taking two scoops at lunch or right before bed. So there is a lot of room as to how each person can take the product.

Effectiveness: 9.5/10
I ran Orange Triad+Greens plus thirty days straight and never came down with any symptoms of the cold, flu, or any other sickness for that matter. I noticed improvement in flexibility in most of my major joint areas. And I didn't feel nearly as much discomfort in my knees as I normally do the following day after training legs. Though the improvement in flexibility and relieve of discomfort didn't really kick in until about two weeks straight of taking Orange Triad+Greens.

Secondly, the biggest thing I noticed from Orange Triad+Greens was the increase in regularity. Normally I have one healthy bowel movement every one or two days. While on this product I started having one or two health bowel movements every day. This alone tells me that Greens part seemed to at least be helping me in one or two ways.

Mixability: 7/10
Orange Triad+Greens does contain a lot of ingredients, and as you imagine it's not going to be the easiest to mix. But for the most part Orange Triad+Greens does mix pretty thoroughly with enough water. It does however tend to leave some small clumps of powder at the bottom of the container. So be prepared to do some extra stirring.

Taste: 6/10
This is really the only bad thing I have to say about this product. Orange Triad+Greens currently only comes in an Orange flavor. The original Oximega Greens had a natural bitter/minty taste to it with no other flavoring added in. This same taste is in Orange Triad+Greens and hits you as soon as the liquid gets to your tongue. Then the orange flavoring kicks in shortly after. And the end result is what I would describe as orange juice mixed with beets and wintergreen. Not the worst tasting thing in the world, but certainly not the best either. But if you love OJ mixed with beets and wintergreen this is certainly for you.

Value: 8.5/10
Alright, with taking the full serving of original Orange Triad a day, the price per serving is about 58 cents. And a whole bottle will last you 45 days. While the single tub of Oximega Greens was still available, the price per serving was about 1 dollar and the tub would last 30 days. With Orange Triad+Greens at full serving, the price per day is about 90 cents and the tub lasts 30 days. So I find the value to pretty good as you are getting pretty much everything rolled into one and are still paying under a dollar a day.

Overall: 8.4/10
I find this product to be very effective and well worth the cost for those looking for a solid multi-vitamin and greens complex. Though I can understand that some individuals do not need or simply want everything Orange Triad+Greens has to offer. I do still however recommend it to any member of this site.

January 2, 2014

Pros:
 Cons:
  • Better Sleep
  • Good Recovery
  • Great Mixability
  • No Negative Side Effects
    I got to give a HUGE thanks to Snagency, Montego, and everyone else from Finaflex for allowing me to try out and log the new G8 Define. This was the first product I have ever taken from FinaFlex and I was greatly impressed.

Content: 8/10
    50 mg of Vitamin C (Ascorbic Acid)
    5 mg of Vitamin B-6 (Pyridoxine Acid)

Both are very common and popular Vitamins that many people regularly supplement into their diets for various health benefits. In this particular case, they both have studies linking them to increases in healthier sleeping patterns.

HGH Elevate-Restore-Recover Matrix-
    A 3,0...

Content: 8/10
    50 mg of Vitamin C (Ascorbic Acid)
    5 mg of Vitamin B-6 (Pyridoxine Acid)

HGH Elevate-Restore-Recover Matrix-
    A 3,000 mg combination comprised of 4-amino_3-phenyl-butyric acid (AKA Phenibut), 4-aminobutanoic acid, L-Arginine, and L-Glutamine. Phenibut is a natural derivative of GABA, and 4-aminobutanoic acid is another form of GABA. Both have been linked to improvement of sleep as well as increasing the amount of HGH in our bodies. Same stands true for L-Arginine and L-Glutamine.

Mood Elevator Blend-
    An 812.5 mg blend of L-Phenethylamine HCI, L-Tyrosine, 4-(pyridine-3-carbonylamino) butanoic acid (AKA Picamilon), and 2-amino-3-(5-hydroxy-1H-indol-3-yl) propanoic acid (AKA 5-HTP). L-Phenethylamine HCL is reportedly linked to enhancing mood as well as having an effect on boosting weight loss. L-Tyrosine is a non-essential amino acid and is one of the building blocks of Dopamine. As well as being linked to increasing alertness after sleep deprivation. Picamilon is a compound formed by combining GABA and Niacin. 5-HTP is another amino acid that has been linked to suppressing appetite and helping with insomnia and other sleep disorders.

As you can see, almost every single ingredient in G8 is geared towards sleep improvement through different ways. Though from what I was able to find a few of the ingredients only had about one or two studies with not very conclusive results backing them, such as L-Tyrosine. I've also supplemented with bulk Phenibut and L-Glutamine in the past and felt that I did not respond to either of them, or that they are simply bunk.

Dosing/Mixability: 10/10
    Really simple here, take 1 scoop mixed with 12-16 ounces of water about 30 minutes before bed, taken on a 5 day on and 2 day off schedule. And for me personally I used G8 Sunday through Thursday so I was able to get the most out of sleeping on the days that I had class.

G8 mixes very quickly and thoroughly with shaking it up in a shaker or stirring it with a spoon. I also never had any problems with the powder clumping or bits of residue getting stuck anywhere at the top or bottom of the container.

As I stated in my RCSS Resurrect-PM, I have no problems staying asleep. But instead tend to have problems falling asleep. G8 did help me fall asleep, but not in the same way as nighttime cold formulas or anything of that nature. Instead I fell into a calm and very relaxed mood which helped put my mind at ease and eventually drift into sleep. Once I was asleep, I would stay out cold for about 6 to 8 hours or whenever my alarm went off. My enhanced mood usually carried on throughout the night to following morning as well.

My dreams were a bit inconsistent though, some nights I would have crazy and very vivid ones. Other nights I couldn't remember my dreams at all. Or would get very odd sensations of Deja Vu the following day. Nonetheless, I was getting the right amount of sleep each night and my recovery and overall efficiency went up accordingly.

Side Effects: N/A
    I never experienced any kind of grogginess or "sleep hangovers" during my entire tub of G8. I did wake up feeling a little zombie like some days, but it completely subsided once I had my morning cup of coffee.

Taste: 9/10
    The newest formula only comes in the "Lemon Freeze" flavor and it almost tastes exactly like Country Time Classic Lemonade in cold water, just a little less sweet. It really makes for quite a delicious drink right before bedtime.

G8 will run you about 28 to 30 dollars online. If you only need one scoop a night and you follow the 5 day on 2 day off schedule, a full tub will last you 8 weeks. That simply makes a superb deal that many similar products cannot even come close to.

Overall: 9.2/10
    G8 simply offers everything you should want out of a sleep product without any of the negative side effects. It has a superb value and tastes great to boot. I recommend it to any member of this site.

Finaflex Rating System:
    Rating scale
    1. Strongly disagree
    2. Disagree
    3. Neutral
    4. Agree
    5. Strongly agree

1.This Product Helped Me Fall Asleep(4)
    -G8 helped me fall asleep in an effective manner.

2.This Product Provided deep, restful sleep(4)
    -After falling asleep I was out cold until it was time to wake up.

3.This Product Enhanced my Recovery(4)
    -Getting enough sleep is a necessity for getting the best recovery, and G8 definitely helped provide both.

4.This Product helped Me Relax (5)
    -G8 provides some of the best mood enhancement I have ever experienced and it definitely helped me relax after a very long day.

5.I really enjoyed this product and would recommend it to friends and family (4)
    -I thoroughly enjoyed this product and have already recommended it to my weight lifting partner.

And now I'll apologize for my title referencing that horrible Far East Movement song.

November 18, 2013

Pros:
     Cons:
    • Taste. Unreal
    • Good Recovery
    • Strength Gains
    • Mixes Great
    • Excellent Texture
    • A Little Pricey
    After hearing about and seeing what RCSS Pro-Antium had to offer I had to pick up a tub or two for myself. I'm really glad I did as this is by far one of the best dietary supplements I have ever taken.

Content: 9/10
    Everyone else has already done more than a thorough job of judging the profile, so I'll just give it a quick recap. Depending on the flavor, Pro-Antium has less than 5 grams of fat, 10 or less grams of carbs, and 29 grams of protein. And contains all of your slow, medium, fast, and very fast absorbing protein sources, even including some Whey Hyrdolisate. But that was not obviously enough for the guys and gals at RCSS, so they threw in 5 grams of Creatine Mono and 2.5 grams of Betaine just for good measure. All in all this makes Pro-Antium have one of the best looking profiles I have ever seen.

Oh and did I mention that each flavor of Pro-Antium also has REAL cookie bits in it? You know the ones that don't taste like they were baked on the freaking cargo ship that carried the raw ingredients over from China and were thrown in at the last moment. But I'll talk more about that later on in the review.

Dosing/ Mixability: 10/10
    I used two scoops of Pro-Antium a day for both of the two tubs I had. The first scoop I took post-workout with fast carbohydrates which was usually very early in the morning. The second scoop I used either later in the day to make protein sludge or as my nighttime protein source one to two hours before I went to sleep. As one scoop contains 29 grams of protein, this more than sufficed in helping me meet my daily protein intake.

I never had any problems with mixing Pro-Antium, I just threw a scoop in my cup, added the liquid, and gave it a couple of good shakes. No clumping, no floating chunks of undissolved powder. It was really just nice and simple.

Effectiveness: 9.5/10
    Obviously with any kind of high protein diet, you want most of your protein to come straight from whole foods. And with protein powders it's somewhat difficult to judge something you don't immediately see or feel any changes from, such as pre-workouts. However, I never had any kind of abnormal stomach issues such as bad gas or bloating while using Pro-Antium. And when I used it before bed, I would wake up the next morning not feeling hungry at all. Adding it in to meals also left me feeling fuller longer and more contempt.

Now in terms of recovery I will say that Pro-Antium matches, if not exceeds, the same kind of results I have gotten from some solid whey concentrate/isolate proteins I have used in the past. I was still waking up a bit sore each morning, but my DOMS was really reduced as compared to before. And I was still able to consistently keep increasing my weight ranges across the board.

Taste: 10/10
    I have used both the "Vanilla Wafer" and "Double Chocolate Cookie" flavors of Pro-Antium and they are without a doubt the best tasting proteins I have ever tried. Whether in water, soy milk, whole milk, and even soda the texture is really thick and creamy. Add in the delicious cookies bits and I was in fat kid heaven over and over again.

A 50 serving tub of Pro-Antium will run you right about fifty or so dollars online. This is about the same price as most other blends so it is fairly competitively priced. I can understand that this would seem a little expensive to most people, especially since you get less servings for the same price as other products. But, try doing a side by side of Pro-Antium to the others and it's like trying to compare Justin Bieber to King Ronnie Coleman himself. Needless to say I'll definitely be paying for another tub in the very near future.

Overall: 9.3/10
    I really truly had my doubts about the entire RCSS line as I had expected them to be another crappy company shrouded behind the face of a very famous bodybuilder. But it looks like I was delightfully wrong and Pro-Antium has made me a firm believer in the company. And of course I definitely would recommend this product to everybody.

[Insert "Yeah Buddy!!" here]

3.0
    2.0
      November 17, 2013

Pros:
     Cons:
    • Nice Texture And Taste.
    • Bad Value
    • Does Not Mix Well
    • Very Under-dosed
    AI is one of my favorite companies and I have thoroughly enjoyed using some of their products. But this one was just a total let down.

Content: 3/10

Content: 3/10
    Reds and Greens contains extracts from several different fruits and vegetables. That all are mostly available at your local supermarket or farmer's market, depending on the season of course. The entire serving (1 scoop) is a proprietary blend of 2 grams, meaning that all of the ingredients are nowhere near effective dosages. Even more, the serving size of 2 grams is almost one third of what most other greens/fruit products contain. And most of those same products have a much more comprehensive blend.

Dosing/Mixability/Taste: 6/10
    I at first started using Reds and Greens by taking one scoop daily in 8 ounces of water with the first meal of each day. And after a week and a half I upped the dosage to two scoops per day using the same amount of water.

It seems to be the norm that some AI powders do not mix all that well. And Reds and Greens is no exception to that norm. In 8 ounces of water, Reds and Greens left clumps floating at the top and along the rim of the glass. This was nothing too hassling, but it did get annoying having to chew through wet clumps of powder every day.

Reds and Greens comes only in the "Apple Cinnamon" flavor and is un-doubtfully my favorite aspect of the product. Nothing too sweet or too strong, and has a nice texture to it that goes down pretty smooth (Once you chew through everything).

With other fruit and veggie complex products I have taken in the past, I have experienced increases in immunity, digestion, and regularity. I did not experience any of that while using Reds and Greens, even at two scoops. The only reason I gave it a 3 in this category is that it probably helped provide my body with some scarce amounts of vitamins and anti-oxidants.

At 22-30$ per tub, Reds and Greens is definitely less expensive than some other similar products. But I believe this is a prime example of the saying "You get what you pay for." In comparison, CL Oximega Greens is about 30$ online and its profile is nearly three times larger than that of Reds and Greens. And it also contains a lot more ingredients all at much higher dosages.

Overall: 3.5/10
    This product was just nothing but a total disappointment in my honest opinion. It is ineffective and offers next to nothing as compared to similar products. I really should have just bought some V8 instead.

November 11, 2013

• High Caffeine Content
    • Smooth Energy
    • Tastes Great
    • Prop Blend
    • Under-dosed Ingredients
    Please note this review is for the latest formulation of BANG as listed here: http://www.bodybuilding.com/store/vpx/bang-energy-drink.html

It is no longer under the creatine blend category, but is instead an energy drink category product.

Content: 8/10
    Nothing really special here as Bang is essentially your run of the mill low-carb energy drink you can find anywhere on the market. Containing all of the similar ingredients such as B-vitamins and caffeine you find in things like Monster and Rockstar. VPX did however throw in some added goodies to steer the product towards more of the fitness/bodybuilder crowd. By including some BCAAs, CoQ10, and a creatine/glutamine blend in the formula. Though the amounts of what is used are not listed on the can. So it is unknown and very improbable that the ingredients are close to their effective dosages. Bang does however contain 357 mg of caffeine, so it does offer much more a kick as compared to similar products.

I use Bang primarily as an espresso replacement for anytime when I need a little extra pick me up throughout the day. Whether I'm in class, at home, or at work, I always feel much more alert and back to my normal self after consuming a Bang. The energy boost from Bang has always been clean and smooth, and does not cause me to get any kind of "cracked out" feelings. Furthermore, the energy boost lasts about 4-6 hours, almost double the amount of time of other energy drinks I have used in the past.

Taste: 9/10
    I have had all four of the current flavors of Bang. With my most favorite one being the "Power Punch" flavor. That tastes basically like carbonated fruit punch Kool-Aid, nothing too sweet, and has a nice tanginess to it. All of the other flavors are also fairly good and appeal to different individual tastes.

At Vitamin Shoppe, a can of Bang will cost you 1.99$ and some tax. So it is competitively priced and is less expensive than a double shot of espresso from my local coffee shop. And it gets the job done well, so I consider the value to be pretty high.

Overall: 8.75/10
    Bang works really well, tastes great for the most part, and is very fairly priced. So I would definitely recommend this to anyone in need of a quick caffeine fix.

October 31, 2013

Pros:
     Cons:
    • Cheaper Than Some Less Effective Formulas
    • Mixes Well
    • Only Moderately Effective
    • Funky/bitter Aftertaste
    • Could Be Better
    • Giant Prop Blend
    This review will be about my most recent usage of GAT Muscle Martini, which I just finished a tub of this past weekend. I first tried Muscle Martini several years ago when it was first introduced and thought it was excellent. Now after running several different tubs of other intra-workout formulas since that time, I feel that this product is just simply average at best.

Content: 7/10

Content: 7/10
    At its core, Muscle Martini is just another run of the mill blend of Essential Amino Acids (EAAs) and Branch Chain Amino Acids (BCAAs). That are the standards of what is commonly found in every marketed amino acid based product out there. Including using the standard 2:1:1 ratio of BCAAs. Though it is unknown what amount of each amino acid one serving of Muscle Martini provides since it is a giant proprietary blend. However, Muscle Martini does provide several other added goodies such as nitrates from Beet powder as well as anti-oxidants from Acai and Goji extracts. But those too are all part of a proprietary blend so it is unknown and very improbable that you are getting the necessary amounts of each ingredient per scoop.

Dosing/ Mixability: 9/10
    On the tub, GAT recommends using Muscle Martini before, during, or after workouts. Or for any other part of the day you wish to take it, including right before bedtime. I however went with how I normally dose intras, and began using 2 scoops during lifting sessions, 1 scoop during cardio sessions, and 1 scoop first thing in the morning on off days. Just to keep it simple and consistent.

In 20 ounces of cold water, Muscle Martini dissolves fairly well and only leaves a tiny bit of residue of the bottom of the shaker cup. That will usually go away after about 30 seconds or more of continuous shaking/stirring. Muscle Martini also causes very little foam to form at the top of the container. This means that you can basically begin drinking it right away after mixing.

Effectiveness: 7.5/10
    I do weight training 4 times a week super-setting compound exercises with isolation exercises per muscle group. And I try to keep my normal recovery time between sets in between 30 to 60 seconds. While running Muscle Martini, my recovery times decreased noticeably, though only very slightly. And there was definitely an increase in my muscular endurance levels as well. However, I still felt as mentally and physically fatigued at the end of each weight lifting session as compared to when I am not using an intra-workout formula. And I also did not notice any really noticeable decrease in my DOMS the whole time running Muscle Martini. Even though, my post-workout supplementation (RCSS Pro-Antium) and diet have remained the same now for the past month.

Taste: 7/10
    I had the "Peach Mango Candy" flavor and it was frankly just alright. It has just enough sweetness to it, but there is a very funky and kind of bitter aftertaste that kind of throws you for a loop. It still tastes better than normal tap water from my area, so I found it still somewhat enjoyable to sip on during my workouts.

A tub of Muscle Martini will cost right about 22$ or so when ordering it online. Each tub provides 30 scoops, so it is at least a couple of dollars cheaper than many other BCAA/EAA blends out there that offer the same amount of servings. And in some cases is more effective than some of the more expensive formulas out there (I'm looking at you BPI Blox and Scivation Xtend). So overall you get a somewhat better product for cheaper in some cases.

Overall: 7.7/10
    Overall I believe Muscle Martini is just simply your run of the mill BCAA/EAA blend intra-workout formula. There are several ways it could be a lot better and several ways it could be a lot worse. It's just simply average in my opinion, nothing more or nothing less.

October 15, 2013

Pros:
     Cons:
    • Slight Increase In Vascularity.
    • Great Pumps
    • Great Flavor
    • Better Endurance
    • Dye Free
    • Inconsistent
    • Low Energy
    • Needs Different Stims
    I waited I don't know how long to try this product since it was originally announced. But I just recently finished my first tub and I was sadly pretty disappointed.

Content: 8/10
    I am not going to go over everything in great detail as most of the ERs have already done a very thorough job breaking it down. But just for a quick recap, this is what each scoop of Condense provides: 230 mg of Electrolytes to maintain/enhance cell hydration levels. 2.5 grams of Betaine Anhydrous, an anti-oxidant, which studies have shown to help increase power exerted and overall workout performance levels. 2 grams of Beta Alanine, a Non-Essential Amino Acid that aids in anaerobic endurance and exercise power output. As well as being linked to higher increases in lean muscle mass. 480 mg of Nitratene, a patent pending nitrate blend used to increase nitric oxide production, thus providing better pumps. And last but not least, 200 mg of Caffeine to increase overall energy, focus, and alertness.

Overall, most of these ingredients are pretty common in most solid pre-workout blends. With nitrate formulas being used more and more by the day. So nothing extraordinary, but I have to give props to Purus Labs for not using a prop blend.

Dosing/Mixability: 7/10
    On the tub, Purus recommends taking 1 scoop 10 minutes before working out. I lift first thing in the morning 4 times a week. So as soon as I got out of bed, I would get dressed and take a serving of Condense then drive 3-5 minutes to the gym. Once I had established my tolerance, I upped the dosage to 2 scoops for the remainder of the tub.

In 4-6 ounces of water, Condense does a better job of mixing thoroughly then some pre-workouts. But even with stirring with a spoon for several seconds, it always left a little pool of wet powder at the bottom of the glass that I had to swallow/chew through.

Overall Effectiveness: 5.5/10
    Energy/Alertness-3/10
    I come in over 200 lbs. and would consider myself pretty stimulant tolerant. This was however the first stimulant containing pre-workout that I had taken in about six months so I expected to get a pretty good jolt out of it. At one scoop, I barely felt anything and was yawning the whole time while I was lifting. At two scoops, same deal, except I felt a little bit alert and wasn't yawning as much. I understand that Condense does not contain any hardcore stimulants, but at 400 mg of caffeine from 2 scoops, I was expecting a little more kick.

Pumps/Endurance/Vascularity-8/10
    This is the highlight of the product. At one scoop, the pumps were good but didn't really take full effect till after I was about a ¼ through my workout. At two scoops, the pumps were even better and starting kicking in during my beginning sets. The pumps were definitely nowhere near the ones I get from D-pol, but were still probably some of the best I have ever gotten out of a pre-workout formula.
    My endurance levels definitely increased while running Condense. But with 2 scoops providing 4 grams of Beta-Alanine, this should be a given. In general, my vascularity increased though for whatever reasons, seemed to remain inconsistent week to week.

Taste: N/A
    I don't rate the taste for pre-workouts as I only have to taste it for about for 5 seconds. I just care about if they simply work or not. But as compared to other pre-workouts I've taken, Condense is definitively one of the best tasting ones. I had the "Crisp Apple" flavor and it has a nice mellow and tangy taste to it. It is also dye free, which is another plus in my book.

Condense will run you about 25-32$ online depending where you order it from. This is pretty average pricing for most pre-workouts. Depending on how you dose it, a tub of Condense will give you between 20-40 servings. Which is not too bad at all, but based on my own personal experience, I would consider Condense simply more of a pump enhancer then an actual pre-workout. So it only lives up to about half of what's meant to do.

Overall: 6.4/10
    Overall, Condense simply did not live up to what I expect out of a pre-workout. It was more of a pump enhancer then an actual pre-workout. So I cannot recommend it to anyone looking for a new or solid pre-workout formula to try out. Purus Labs is still one of my favorite companies and I plan on trying out Muscle Marinade sometime hopefully in the near future. Which I probably should have done in the first place.

October 3, 2013

Pros:
     Cons:
    • Relaxed
    • Deep Restful Sleep
    • Deep Rem Sleep
    • Crazy Vivid Dreams
    • Boosts Recovery
    • Senashit Flavor Technology Is Not Good My Friends
    • Minor Clumps And Residue
    • Some Ingredients Are Definitely Underdosed
    • Sensacool Flavor Technology Is Not For Everyone
    I've taken several different Sleep Aid/Nighttime Growth Enhancers products in the past including: ON/GNC Melatonin and ZMA, EST Somadrol, AI HGH Pro, App Nut HGH Up, and CL REDuction PM. All of which, either worked alright, in some ways, or completely not at all. Overall, this did a pretty damn good job.

Content: 8/10
    Resurrect-Pm has a fairly well-rounded blend of different ingredients that are included in many sleep aid/ HGH targeting products currently on the market. These include Zinc, Magnesium, GABA, L-Theanine, and several others that I'm sure many of us are aware of.
    One thing...

Content: 8/10
    One thing that really sets R-PM from similar products is the inclusion of L-Orthinine and L-Phenylalanine along with the combination of HICA and Creatine Gluconate in the "LMT Recovery Matrix" part of the formula. All of which, are used in several popular muscle building products and pre-workout formulas that are generally well received. However, since the version I used listed everything in a prop blend, it's hard to say if you are getting the right amount of each ingredients per serving. But this still definitely helps R-Pm offer a step above the competition to say the very least.

Dosing: 9/10
    On the tub, RCSS recommends taking one scoop of R-Pm at least 30 minutes before going to bed on an empty stomach. Used on a 5 days on and 2 days off schedule for each week. I at first followed this protocol but there were a couple of nights where I simply forgot to take it and missed out on getting a better night's sleep. So to avoid this I began taking one scoop about an hour after taking my nighttime protein (RCSS Pro-Antium) so that I could give myself about a full hour for R-Pm to set in. I also tried taking 1.5 scoops for five straight nights but honestly could not tell a difference in effectiveness between that and 1 scoop. So, I just remained taking 1 scoop for the remainder of the tub.

I, like others, feel that I perform and feel my best with a good night's sleep. And for me, I generally have no problems staying asleep but tend to struggle with falling asleep. Sadly, R-Pm really did not help me fall asleep any faster but definitely helped keep me out cold to say the very least. I experienced much deeper and relaxed periods of sleep during my whole run of R-Pm. And to coincide along with this, my dreams were much more vivid, and crazier than what I would consider "normal" for most people.

For example, after the very first time I took R-Pm, I was sleeping and felt something crawling on me. I woke up to see a giant black widow crawling on my right hand. Now I generally would not consider myself to have arachnophobia, but this really freaked me the hell out. And because of this I jumped out of bed shaking myself off and rustling through my comforter. Only to realize about a minute or so after that it had all been a dream. Now this occurred at about 3 AM in the morning, so I sighed with relief, crawled back into bed, and slept like a baby for another five hours. Several others incidents like this occurred throughout the remainder of the tub, which has lead me to believe that I may in fact have Arachnophobia. (Any Psychology majors able to confirm this?)

Anyways, I've experienced more vivid dreams from other sleep-aid products in the past, but they were definitely nowhere near this scale or magnitude.

In terms of recovery, I feel that R-Pm did help play a part in reducing my DOMS. I woke up feeling less sore, less grogginess, and more refreshed each morning then I typically did as before. Even though my supplementation, diet, and training have remained pretty much constant the past month and a half with the exception of only changing intra-workout formulas. I however did not notice any differences in muscle thickness/density as others who reviewed this product have mentioned.

Taste/Mixability: 6/10
    I had the "Sensa Cool Midnight Grape" flavor and it is really pretty awful. The taste and texture remind me of ground up grape flavored children's Tylenol that I used to take as a kid. And to top it off it also has a very strong and bitter medical aftertaste that I'm really not too fond of. These issues combined initially made downing a scoop mixed with a couple ounces of water really feel like a chore. But thankfully, R-Pm works, so I was able to overlook the taste for the most part.

In water, R-Pm mostly dissolves and mixes fairly well. It does however leave some tiny and gritty clumps at the top of the container. Another thing is that it will really stain the glass or container you mix it in, especially if you let it sit overnight without washing it out.

Sleep aid products are generally not considered a staple by most people and as such dropping 30-50$ on one would be considered a luxury. R-Pm is definitely in the lower price range of sleep aids, ranging from 30-35$ depending of course where you order it from. Each tub gives you 25 full servings that will last 5 weeks if you follow the 5 days on and 2 days off schedule. All things considered, this is a pretty good value in my opinion just for the simple fact that R-Pm works while the more expensive products that I have used do not.

Overall I feel that R-Pm is an effective product and is definitely worth giving a try if you're looking for a better night's sleep. It's much more affordable as compared to similar products, the dosage is simple, and really the only thing bad about it is the taste. This by far makes R-Pm the best sleep-aid product that I've ever used.

PS. RCSS Peeps, A pill or tablet version would be pretty awesome!