92SCtbird

• Member has been active for 5 years, and was last online 3 years ago

Reviews by 92SCtbird

August 12, 2013

Pros:
 Cons:
  • Great Value (now)
  • Proven Ingredients
  • Easy Dosing
  • Strength Gains
  • Leaning
  • Drying
  • Vascularity
    Out of curiosity I have recently decided to take a dive into the estrogen blocker aspect of the supplement industry. Seeing that I am only 20 years old, testosterone boosting is not a big priority in my training right now but I couldn't resist playing with my estrogen levels and I have the extra cash to do so now.

Nolvadren XT has very little reviews on this site and I could not help but wonder why, after all, the main compound in this estrogen blocker is (Androst-3,5-dien-7,17-dione)(75mg) as most of us know here that is the same compound found in the extremely popular product Erase and Erase Pro.

However, that is not the only ingredient in this product.. Metabolic Augmenting Nutrition (MAN) also tossed in..

Diindolymethane (DIM) 200mg
    7-Hydroxy 17B-Dihydro Dehydroepiandrosterone 25mg
    7-Hydroxy Dehydroepiandrosterone 25mg

I'm just like anyone else, looking at these ingredients I thought to myself, WTF is this stuff? After a little research before hand I found out..

Diindolymethane promotes natural testosterone levels and decreases quote on quote "bad estrogen." Even some studies have shown that is also prevents different types of cancer and increases immune system.

7-Hydroxy 17B-Dihydro Dehydroepiandrosterone is added in to help regulate cortisol levels, as most bodybuilders know.. Cortisol is the stress hormone that instructs the body to breakdown muscle tissue and increase visceral adipose tissue (belly fat).
    All in all, high cortisol levels = NO GAINZZZ!!

Now lets dive into this 4 week experience I had.

Dosing- 10/10
    Two capsules first thing upon waking.

That's as simple as it gets here, set it on my dresser and popped two first thing in the morning. Very small pills and no taste nor any after burps going down.

Effectiveness- 8/10
    I went into this 4 week cycle open minded, I tossed out the famous "placebo effect" and just acted like it was just another multi vitamin I was taking. After that, Nolvadren XT took one week to kick in for me.

Week 1: Nothing out of the ordinary, typical motivation levels in the gym, no strength increases or any physical appearance changes.

Week 2: I am already veryy vascular as it is, runs on my mothers side of the family. I thank god every day for those genetics lol however, I had veins start to pop out of my upper chest and front delt region that usually does not happen. Also I would like to add that my pump on any given split day was greatly increased, I have never seen my arms look so full. It was as if I ate 300 grams of carbs pre workout.

Week 3: Ahhh.. week 3 really turned up a notch, strength gains started coming along and I felt so good in the gym. My flat DB press went from 95lbs per arm for 6 reps the 2nd week to 105lbs per arm for 5 reps this week. I have not been able to put up 105 pound dumbells since my inguinal hernia injury this past February. Needless to say I was stoked about this particular lift. Endurance also increased a bit, by the end of my workouts I found myself adding in another exercise or a few more sets.

Week 4: Strength gains continued to come along, adding 5-10 pounds and 2-3 more reps on each lift was nothing unordinary. I did not mention this before but I will now, I did not diet AT ALL during this cycle, having decided to take the year off from competing I have been enjoying myself and eating whatever the hell I feel like for once. Now, I noticed on a daily basis that my jeans felt much looser around my hips, despite keeping my belt on the same notch as always I found myself wanting to tighten it up another notch. I also noticed all kinds of striations in my shoulders and chest that I never get unless I'm in pre contest prep dieting. Every single muscle began to look much more fuller but leaner at the same time. Weeks 3 and 4 I felt like and looked like I had a dry pump allll dayyy long which was very welcomed!

At the start of this cycle I weighed in at 157 pounds, 4 weeks later and not a single change in my diet I am sitting at 148 pounds for the third day in a row... NO cardio was done in the past 4 weeks and I didn't even drop down to that weight in my recent competitions! To see strength increases but drop my weight down into the 140s is insane. I made ALL KINDZ OF GAINSS to say the least.

I never noticed any increase in acne during this time or any increase in my already usually high libido levels, sex drive literally stayed the same this entire run. I've came to conclusion that I cant really raise that right now since its already sky high and I am, like most guys my age, in my prime as I am about to turn 21. I also did not notice any issues with joint discomfort and dryness like many people have with taking Erase or Erase Pro.

Value 8/10
    I picked Nolvadren XT up at my local Vitamin Shoppe for $39.99. I give this a solid 7 because I don't mind dropping the extra cash for a 4 week cycle and some solid gains. At the same time though it is at least ten dollars cheaper online, figure in shipping + handling and your looking at a five dollar difference. Not a big deal.

I was very impressed with Nolvadren XT and I am happy to say that my body responds very well to
    Androst-3,5-dien-7,17-dione. I can honestly say that I would not of had to think twice about stepping onstage at the end of this cycle even though I did not prep for it. For that I give this product two thumbs up if you want to lean out and get shredded while making solid strength gains.

On my way now to pick up another bottle and make this an 8 week cycle!

December 10, 2012

Pros:
     Cons:
    • Muscle Endurance
    • Muscle Fullness
    • Recovery
    • Pumps
    • Versatile
    • Anti Catabolic
    • Taste
    BOOM! About time this hidden gem gets recognized in the SR community!

I have been itching to give my personal experience of my two tub run of PMD's or known as NDS's "Core Fuel."

This is by no means your typical intra-post supplement and if you go looking for a close alternative than goodluck!

Lets start off by exposing this awesome ingredient label....

Serving Size: 1 scoop (38g)
    Servings per container: 20

Chromium: 4.5mcg

Core Fuel Proprietary Blend: 35.7g

Intra-PUMP Complex: 2.0g
    (Arginine, Tauri...
    BOOM! About time this hidden gem gets recognized in the SR community!

Lets start off by exposing this awesome ingredient label....

Serving Size: 1 scoop (38g)
    Servings per container: 20

Calories: 70
    from fat: 0
    Total Carbs: 18g
    sugars (sugar cane): 2g
    Chromium: 4.5mcg

Core Fuel Proprietary Blend: 35.7g

Intra-PUMP Complex: 2.0g
    (Arginine, Taurine, Citrulline Malate, Norvaline)

Tru GROW Anabolic Growth Matrix: 14.5g

Growth blend: 5.0g
    (glutamine, N-Acteyl Glutamine, glutamine AKG)

Amino Grow blend: 6.0g
    (isoleucine, leucine, valine, isoleucine AKG, leucine AKG)

Beta-FIX Agent: 2.5g
    Carnosyn Beta Alanine

ATP Inject Agent: 1.0g
    Kre Alkalyn Creatine

Insul-JECT Delivery System 19.0g
    (maltodextrin, waxy maize, sugar cane, glycerol, cinnamon bark, chromeMate)

Muscle Cell Rejuvenation Blend: 150mg
    (alpha lipoic acid, grape seed extract, pycnogenol, CO-Q10)

Alright now after that epic list of ingredients lets take it to the taste test!

Taste:
    Berry Melon 7/10
    Orange Cream 10/10

I used berry melon my first 20 serving run and although it was decent/kinda good, it got old and it gave my really bad cotton mouth during my workouts, why? no idea..

Orange Cream on the other hand...
    Fantastic flavor! Never got old, always looked forward to mixing it up. No cotton mouth issues here. Very refreshing.

Since this product is a little bit of everything mixed into one I will break the effectiveness down into its rightful categories.

-Intra-
    When I used my first tub of core fuel I always took it intra workout, never used it for post... The beta alanine tingles were very present during the first half of my workout but slowly faded off and I could feel a very significant difference in my muscle endurance. While sipping on Core Fuel I simply craved high volume workouts and thats exactly what every training session consisted of while on it.

The one knock I would have with this is the ONE gram of creatine, not a very effective dose and it is Kre Alk at that, which Im personally not a fan of. I can not say strength gains contributed to this at all as I was taking in about 7 grams of mono creatine everyday. When used alone without any other pump products or pre workouts the Intra PUMP complex delivered very well on arm and back days specifically, my muscles looked engorged and the supersets burned like hell, I loved it!

-Intra & Post- (mostly post)

Onto my second tub of the Orange cream flavor. I dosed it post workout alot of times on this run. I was very hesitant at first though because I knew the beta tingles would probably annoy me if I was not in the gym. The first thing I noticed was how it gave me a nice boost/pick me up after a high volume leg session or a grueling HIIT cardio session. The glutamine blend always came through and I could not make myself sore the next day except when I trained legs. A few times DOMS set in but never lasted as long as it usually does for me.
    Now the thing I loved the most about strictly post workout dosing was the Insul-JECT delivery system. The waxy maize and glycerol always kept my muscles extremely full and even in the mornings I never looked flat. I would normally toss in a teaspoon of creatine mono with it and I think the insulin spike helped me get the most of my creatine mono.

This is by far the only drawback about Core Fuel (besides that gram of Kre Alk). We carry it in our store at an "everyday low price" of $59.99, the originial retail is $79.99!! For 60 bucks you get 20 servings... This is a very steep price but I highly recommend if you have the extra cash to give it a shot, you will not be dissapointed.

With my discount I get it for 32 bucks so needless to say this is now in my bulking arsenal and holds top spot over any other intra product and even many pwo's. Yes, I would rather have Core Fuel over alot of pre workouts.

Overall I give PMD two thumbs up for raising the bar when it comes to intra/post workout supplementation. If you are familiar with ACG3 and Pump Fuel than you should not expect any less with Core Fuel.
    Also want to mention that I hit a PR during the second tub. My flat dumbell press went from 95's for 5 reps to 105's for 4 reps. I attribute the big increase in muscle endurance to this gain.

PMD truly lived up to their label hype when they stated "Optimize Your Workout Results."

October 26, 2012

Pros:
     Cons:
    • Overall Healthy Bodily Functions
    • Increased Libido
    • More Energy (without Stimulation)
    • Mood Elevation
    • A Healthier Look
    • Reduction Of Minor Pains
    • Muscle Fullness
    • Large Tablets
    Whats up SR, I have been on edge waiting to write this review on Universal's Natty Sterol Complex! I do not even know where to start honestly... oh yeah, maybe w/ the massive ingredient label.

Serving size is 6 tablets, basically horse pills btw and truly do smell like dog treats/food. With each serving you get the..

Anabolic Sterol Complex of 2000mg.
    Mass & Density blend of 2500mg.
    Opti-Phyonutrient complex w/ 2000mg.
    EFA and support blend of 500mg to top it off.
    Not going to list every single herb and acid in each blend because yall will fall asleep!

I do w...

Anabolic Sterol Complex of 2000mg.
    Mass & Density blend of 2500mg.
    Opti-Phyonutrient complex w/ 2000mg.
    EFA and support blend of 500mg to top it off.

I do work at GNC full time so being a franchise store I get a solid whole sale discount. Picked this up for about 9 bucks haha however it is still decently priced at $24 on our shelves and with the results and amount of quality herbs I believe it is worth that price. Still much cheaper online of course.

Finally to the important part...
    I'll be honest, the herbal blend really stood out to me and made me give this unique supplement a try, besides the dirt cheap whole sale price lol

Some big ones that stood out were stinging nettle root, ginseng, guarana, milk thistle, dandelion root, garlic, wheat grass, saw palmetto, cayenne, ginkgo biloba, grapeseed and tribulus. Now imagine about 20 more herbs on top of thoes...

I took 2 with each major meal, (breakfast/lunch/dinner) and this is also during my off season bulk (3200 calories daily). It took about four days to kick in for me, no joke and when it did I noticed that my physique ALWAYS looked fuller no matter what time of day.
    Every single morning I woke up I looked FAR from flat all over but even more so in my bi's and tri's. My girlfriend even mentioned it a few times. I had a slight libido increase at first but seemed to die off towards the end of the tub.

During my workouts I would get pumps in areas I wasn't even focusing on. Such as back day I would have a decent chest pump going also which never happens for me. I was also focused and "in the zone" more than usual even on days without a pre workout. Some days my face and neck would get flushed a decent amount if I did not consume at least a half gallon of water before I hit the gym. If I got a whole gallon in before then there was no issues. So I do recommend increasing your water intake while on this.

Mood elevation was another noticable result, seemed like I was always extremely mellow and nothing could *** me off. However, if I happened to take 2 pills to close to bed I could not fall asleep if my life depended on it. Tossing and turning for hours, I can contribute that to the guarana and green tea leaf.

I would say at least give this product a shot, I am going to pick up another tub and see how prolonged use results are. I am expecting it to help with my bulk w/ all the quality nutrients. Keep in mind though that everyones body will react differently from this and please read all the ingredients first, do not want anyone having an allergic reaction. I can already smell a stupid lawsuit haha.

October 5, 2012

• Fast Recovery
    • Citrulline Malate
    • Electrolyte Blend
    • Contest Prep
      I have always been skeptic about BCAA's even after reading all the great reviews numerous times. My bodybuilding coach had me add this to my arsenal for my pre contest prep and I have not looked back since. Xtend will remain a staple in my stack from now on wether I am cutting or bulking.

Taste 10/10
      I have no idea how anyone could not give this supp a solid ten for taste. I had the watermelon flavor and it is the best tasting supplement I have ever had, and I've had manyyy. I always looked forward to drinking it and even caught myself mixing some into my gallon when I did not need it....

Value 9/10
      I picked up the 90 serving container at my coaches gym for 55 bucks. I thought it was far to expensive at the time but this lasted me all through summer and past my contest prep. I can not complain at all here.

Effectiveness 10/10
      Another solid 10 here and for good reason. Like I stated before, I used this through a very intense, strict contest preparation diet to simply preserve my hard earned muscle mass and recover from insane training sessions quicker. I would mix either one scoop or a scoop and a half into my gallon jug during training and noticed a big increase in recovery time between sets. Which also allowed for more superset focused workouts. The only times I felt sore the next day were after deadlifts or squats, but lets be honest, I dont think ANY supplement could ever ease that up after a heavy day.

Overall...

Xtend just simply worked for me and did exactly what I needed it to do. I began my contest prep at 157lbs, 7.5% bodyfat and stepped on stage at 150lbs, 4% bodyfat but still retained all muscle mass. I actually increased all my lifts even through such a strict diet believe it or not and attribute part of that to my recovery from Xtend. The trophies speak for themselves and therefore Xtend has earned a top spot in my supplement stack for years to come.

January 14, 2012

Pros:
       Cons:
      • Rock Hard Erections
      • Cheap And Effective
        Alright SR members, Ive been waiting to drop this review ever since week one while taking Prolabs Horny Goat Weed.

Im sure many of you will automatically think, WTF is a 19 year old doing a review on horny goat weed for? Well without to much detail heres my reason behind giving this fantastic product a try.

After finishing up my tub of N.O. Xplode 2.0 I came down with a NASTYY case of stim d*ck. Not just your average one day cant get it up type stim d*ck but I mean to the point where it drug out for weeks and started to put stress on my relationship with my Fiance.

Instead of goi...

Instead of going to the Doctor I decided to buy a months supply (one bottle)from my local Vitamin Shoppe, picked this up for 13 bucks. For a full month supply you cant go wrong IMO.

Taste/Smell
        These are capsules so no taste what so ever, no nasty burps or anything. However the smell is not that great but that really has nothing to do with its effects so just down em.

Ingredients
        Niacin 80mg
        Horny Goat Weed 500mg
        Maca 4:1 Extract 250mg
        Ginkgo Bilboa Extract 120mg
        Yohimbe Extract 100mg

This is no joke at all, the very first night I bought these I popped two pills (one serving) after a big dinner and not even 30 minutes later back at my Fiance's place was my purple peter eater ready to go, full blown and hot, yes hot, I felt the niacin flush downstairs the whole session hahah it was awesome. However this soon faded as days went by and only came back once or twice.

The Horny goat weed extract did exactly what I wanted it to do, cure my stim d*ck. No longer had trouble with sensitivity or libido. Actually saw an increase compared to usual.

The Maca extract always delivered a decent boost of energy. I felt awake throughout my whole day and my workouts felt more accomplished even when cycled off pwo's.

Yohimbe is a blood flow agent and it too delivered when the "time was right" hahah but in all seriousness not only then but this delivered a great pump while in the gym. I can easily compare my pumps to pwo worthy.

I know this review is getting long but this product deserves it. I feel like this product would be much more effect for the older crowd say 35+ in actually boosting test levels like many horny goat weed supplements boast. Or even used as a PCT supp for you PH lovers lol

However I went into this supplement to cure one thing, my nasty case of stim d*ck. So if you ever come down with the stim and need that boost to get back to your normal bedroom performance, dont hesitate to drop 13 bucks for an awesome d*ck pill such as Prolabs Horny Goat Weed.

I give Prolab two thumbs up since my Fiance enjoyed this just as much as I did hahah

November 25, 2011

Pros:
         Cons:
        • Greatly Improved From First Version
        • Makes You Energized
        • Amazing Strength
        • Upset Stomach First Few Times
        • 2 Scoops
        N.O. XPLODE 2.0 gets the job done..
        Honestly, I decided to try this new version out for sh*ts and giggles.

I tried the first version about two years ago in High School and was not really impressed, poor pumps and lack of energy is what I experienced. Although all the football players seemed to be getting all these amazing bench gains from it hahaha yeah right, more like Tren gains...

Anyways, I enjoyed this new version of N.O. XPLODE from BSN, after taking a few weeks off of pwo's I ordered it from bb.com with a relatively decent price compared to most BSN products.

Effectiveness...
        N.O. XPLODE 2.0 gets the job done..
        Honestly, I decided to try this new version out for sh*ts and giggles.

Effectiveness 8/10
        The first week I was pumped up to smash some dumbells during my workouts, and solely dumbells, why I honestly do not know but thats all I wanted to lift haha.

Second week about the same but had to increase dosage to 1 and a half scoops and shortly after up'd it to 2 full scoops to feel the same effects, which makes for an expensive PWO if you ask me.

With one scoop or two I still got awesome pumps from this new version, deffinetly had me itching to lift more weight and keep working out longer.

Taste 7/10
        As most of you may know, BSN makes some pretty sweet supplements, well this new version was no exception, very sweet but still tasted like fruit punch, just chug it and get it over with.

Overall 8/10
        If you are sensitive to PWOs or just starting to supplement with them then this would be an awesome buy!

However...
        DO NOT DRINK A PROTEIN SHAKE ONE HOUR BEFORE CONSUMING THIS PWO, you will have explosive poos in the middle of your workout,thus making you just want to leave the gym and go home! Save your post workout nutrition for POST workout hahah I can speak from experience and it was not fun.

November 3, 2011

• Large Scoops
        I will admit that this gainers name caught my attention, well done on the marketing aspect Optimum Nutrition.

With that being said, I am pretty impressed with Serious Mass, while cycling off of PWOs and creatine I have seen substantial gains in strength and muscle mass.

Taste 10/10
        No complaints here, every time I made this shake was with 2% milk, and it tasted like chocolate milk. Also with being a hard gainer I decided to even mix with chocolate or cookies and cream ice cream several times, which was the most delicious gainer I have ever drank.

Value 10/10
        On bodybuilding.com ...

Value 10/10
        On bodybuilding.com you can purchase this gainer for $24.99 in the six pound tub, or even $40.99 for a 12 pound bag! If you can find a cheaper gainer that works as well as this one, then kudos to you.

Effectiveness 9/10
        I bought the 6lb tub.
        After being out of high school for roughly six months now, I decided it was time to start hitting the heavy compound movements again. While benching heavy, and also including deadlifts and squats I have managed to put on SIX pounds of SOLID muscle.

The scoop size blows compared to Up Your Mass, however I have kept that scooper and used it for Serious Mass. I measured four and a half scoops of the UYM scooper is equivalent to one scoop of Serious Mass.

Before my workout I would take two scoops along with a banana and sometimes coffee for the extra energy boost, after my workout I would take two scoops along with chicken breast and cheddar cheese wrapped in a whole wheat tortilla wrap.

Starting weight: 143
        Ending weight: 149

Overall I would definitely recommend this gainer to anyone looking to pack on some SERIOUS MASS, just throw that damn scooper out if you are not using a blender because it will not fit into your shaker cup.

October 25, 2011

Pros:
         Cons:
        • Huge Pump
        • Crazy Vascularity
        • No Crash
        • Gained Tolerance Quickly
        After taking a month off of PWO's I decided to try out PreSurge since I was on a tight budget for supplements.

The ingredient profile is very similar to Jack3d and that is what really grabbed my attention to try it out.

Taste 7/10
        I bought the watermelon flavor, it was delicious the first week and a half, after that though I began to experience a weird after taste, very sour but also like a flat soda taste, idk just weird, decided to down it through a straw from that point on.

Effectiveness 8/10
        This pwo got me pumped up to workout when I was on an extremely empty stomach, like my last meal before taking it was 2 hours prior. However, I had to take 2 scoops to feel the pump. The energy was always short lived, never lasted as long as I expected it too on 2 scoops, but taking 3 scoops seemed to add half an hour to its effects.

Side effects..
        Only reason I didnt really enjoy this pwo is because it always made my face flushed soon as I started working out, not to mention gave me cotton mouth but thats usually the case with many pwo.

Overall I would not use this pwo again unless I was on a VERY tight budget. I feel like I could get more out of a gas station energy drink than taking this pwo.

I also want to mention that towards the end of the tub it started to clump together really bad, I have no idea why but I was always having to shake the container before getting a scoop out.

October 6, 2011

Pros:
         Cons:
        • Solid Carb Source
        • Not All Sugar Like Other Gainers.
        • Great Protein Blend
        • Mixes Well
        • Increased Appetite
        • Costs More Compared To Other Gainers
        • Badly Designed Scoop
        • Low In Calories
        Optimum Nutrition Pro Complex Gainer delivers as more of a protein shake than a gainer in my opinion. As a weight gainer I wish it contained more calories but that can be fixed by adding milk and ice cream into the blender.

Taste 7/10
        I bought the strawberry thinking I would mix it up instead of my usual chocolate flavor. However I got sick of the taste after the very first week, it left an unpleasant after taste. I deffinetly wont change my flavor away from chocolate anymore haha

Effectiveness 8/10
        With a very high calorie diet loaded with protein I thought I would put on 4 or 5 pounds with this gainer included however only put on 3. With its lack of calories but high protein content it proves to really be a "lean gainer." Only strength increases noticable were my pullup reps, I could easily add another set to my routine and for that I believe thats why I gained mass in my upper chest.

My favorite part about taking this gainer was that it made me want to raid the kitchen, I just couldnt stop eating while taking this. Everything sounded good and looked good to eat. It kind of got annoying to my girlfriend after a couple weeks but d*mn does she make awesome sandwiches ahah

Price 8/10
        More expensive than most gainers, however it seems to be alot cleaner than others as well so the price is not to complain about, I ordered the 5lb tub from bodybuilding.com

Overall I would recommend this gainer to anyone looking for a lean bulk, it deffinetly delivers with its amount of carbs and protein.

October 1, 2011

• Maintains Muscle
        • Taste Good
        • Did Not Help Build More Muscle
        • Restroom Trips
        EAS 100% whey protein..
        This review will probably sound blunt but not much I can say about this stuff..

Taste 9/10
        Compared to other whey protein powders the taste was about the same, the chocolate flavor reminded me of ON's Gold Standard whey, ALWAYS mixed it in with some 2% milk for the extra protein and calories..i think it tastes alot better than with water.

Effectiveness 7/10
        EAS 100% whey protein..
        This review will probably sound blunt but not much I can say about this stuff..

Taste 9/10

Effectiveness 7/10
        This is where it lacked for me, I did maintain strength and I received a slight boost of energy after drinking a serving or two of it, however I didnt really make any gains while adding this to my post workout meals.

Side effects.. I dont know why but almost every time within an hour of drinking this shake I was makin trips to the bathroom, seemed like it went right through me, ive never had this problem with other whey proteins but then again this one is pretty cheap, I guess you get what you pay for

Price 10/10
        Probably the best part about this supplement, this stuff is dirt cheap at Sams club.

However I want to mention that I only ran the 2 pound size tub of this because I wanted to try it out before purchasing more, but Im glad I didnt buy the 5lb tub because the restroom trips arent worth it.

I would say this protein may be good for someone new to supplements and weight lifting, but it just didnt cut it for me.