ZMA Pro Reviews

By: Universal

Growth Enhancers > Nighttime Sleep Formulas
ZMA Pro is a Nighttime Sleep Formula manufactured by Universal. It is designed to be used before bed time. It promotes restful sleep, increases REM sleep and helps the body attain an optimal state for muscle recovery and growth.

March 4, 2018

• Better Recovery
  • Boosts Testosterone Levels
  • Feel Refreshed In The Morning
  • Detailed Dreaming

I live a busy lifestyle with two kids - I wake up to go to the gym before they are awake and I do not get to sleep until they are in bed, sometimes they even like to wake me up in the middle of the night. I usually end up getting about 5 or 6 hours of sleep each, in order to maintain my health I looked for supplements to help promote a deeper sleep and allow my 5 or 6 hours to feel like a restful 8 - I was extremely cautious to avoid supplements that may create a dependency (products containing GABA) - ZMA became the obvious option. ZMA Pro being one that is always priced just right.

ZMA refers to Zinc Magnesium Asparate - ingredients that are specifically design to promote a restful nights sleep and to help promote deep/REM sleep. Different studies have been conducted to identify the appropriate mix of ingredients to get the overall synergy effect (all ingredients combined to get better results than taking any 1 separately)
B6 - 7mg (helps metabolism)

Magnesium - 450mg (helps ease stomach and promote heart health)

Zinc - 30mg (helps immune system, muscle repair, increase in natural testosterone)

Taking all 3 ingredients in the appropriate doses promotes the best results, taking more of any one ingredient can actually be less effective - most products come in this identical ingredient profile, a few try to highlight additional testerone supplements or even increase the Zinc - , i find the most value in the normal 7, 30, 450 breakout

ZMA pro actually comes available for men or women (slight dosing change for women) - for men it is 3 capsules, they are small thin gel capsules, incredibly easy to swallow and tasteless. I have not had any issues with the pills sticking.

3 pills is a relatively easy dose, but it is important to recognize that for maximized results, it cannot be taken with dairy or high calcium products. I take casein protein every night, i simply space out taking the ZMA and my casein protein by about an hour.

ZMA pro is effective, I typically take ZMA for 30-90 days at a time then switch off for about month. When I am taking ZMA pro, i feel the results, I always get a great night's sleep and wake up ready to go at 5am. I will notice a direct a difference in feeling refreshed, having deep vivid dreams, and even an increase in strength.

All of the ingredients do their piece with immediate results on the difference of sleep and dreams, a week or two delayed difference in the increase in strength. I will also promote that ZMA does regulate blood pressure and reduce good cholesterol levels - many folks may not notice this, however, for my work i am required to complete an annual health assessment and get those exact results when I am taking ZMA - i try to eat foods a little higher in good cholesterol to make up for the loss there.

ZMA pro is normally priced at $11.99 and you can find 10% or 20% - which when you review the ingredients and dosing is identical to products that can cost $15 or $20

Side Effects

Some people view vivid dreams as a negative side effect, I never minded them and actually enjoyed them. The dreams simply feel more real.

Conclusion

ZMA pro is a quality product at a cheap price - the ingredients are doses correctly for results and you can notice an immediate difference and even a long term difference. For anyone getting a full 8 hours or less, I would reccomend trying a ZMA and noticing the difference.

February 24, 2015

Pros:
 Cons:
  • Helped Sleep
  • Better Recovery
  • Detailed Dreaming
I started taking ZMA awhile ago after reading all kinds of good things about it. Some proven benefits of properly dosed ZMA (10.5mg B6, 30mg Zinc, and 450mg magnesium) is:

Research suggests that ZMA has significant anabolic benefits. A study performed at Western Washington University (Bellingham) had NCAA football players take ZMA or a placebo every night during an eight-week spring training program. Researchers reported that the athletes taking the ZMA supplement experienced more than a 30-percent increase in testosterone levels, and about a 5-percent increase in levels of insulin-like growth factor 1 (IGF-1). Those taking a placebo had a 10-percent decrease in testosterone levels and a greater than 20-percent decrease in levels of IGF-1!

this was taken from Jim Stoppani....unfortunately im not actually smart enough to know all that.

Ingredient Profile 10

I don't normally give a product a 10 for ingredient profile because typically there are either prop blends or under dosed ingredients. This product includes all the correct ZMA ingredients at the correct doeses and in the correct form

Vitamin B6 (As Pyridoxine HCL) - 10.5mg
Zinc (As L-Monomethionine And Aspartate) - 30mg
Magnesium (As Aspartate) - 450mg

some ZMA products include sleep aids or other natural test boosting ingredients, which I would be all for but sometimes these ingredients affect how well the body absorbs zinc and magnesium. So overall this is exactly what you should look for in a ZMA product.

Taste/Mixability/Dosing N/A

Taste/Mixabiliyy obviously not a factor. Dosing is really simple, 3 caps 30-60 mins before bed.

Effectiveness 9

I honestly think ZMA should be a staple in everyone's stack because its cheap, proven and effective. I can always tell when I am taking ZMA and when I am between bottles. After I started taking this I noticed I wasn't as sore the next day after really tough workouts and I also felt more rested after waking up. About 40 mins after taking it I would start to feel drowsy (maybe all in my head but either way it was nice) and I would fall asleep right away. I felt I had deeper sleep and woke up less times during the night. As far as increase in strength goes I was very pleased. I had more energy overall during workouts and I could push out a couple more reps after a couple weeks of taking it.

Value 9

Only 12.48 at BB.com which is only $.42 a day so pretty good even for a poor boy like me.

Side Effects

The only notable side effect that could bother some people are the dreams. I seemed to have very detailed dreams almost every night which I didn't mind but on occasion I would actually be a little disturbed when I woke up because they were so realistic.

Conclusion

If you're not currently taking a ZMA then I highly recommend you start! ZMA Pro is a great product and is worth the 12 bucks.

February 26, 2012

Pros:
 Cons:
  • Great Sleep
  • Boosts Testosterone Levels
  • Feel Refreshed In The Morning
  • Libido Increase
  • Crazy Dreams
Fairly New Reviewer - Just as a side note.

The most simple way i could define ZMA without getting to over technical are ZMAs (Zinc Magnesium Aspartate) are a supplement that can be overall used to increase testosterone levels as well as increase strength through assisting the body to maintain an anabolic state in which muscular recovery requires as an essential for repair and growth.

Universal ZMA Pro (capsule form) has a serving size between 2-3 dependant on gender, 3 for men, 2 for women as recommended. It Contains the following:

90 Tablets (30 Servings)
Vitamin B6 10.5mg
Zinc 30mg (as l-monomethionine and aspartate)
Magnesium 450mg (as aspartate)

Now that we have that out of the way. Ive been taking ZMA pro by Universal for close to 3 months now and WAS initially a skeptic about taking them. Reason to why i am taking them is due to chronic fatigue and general difficulties in sleeping. As it states that it scientifically can promote muscle growth as well, i found that it was only logical to hit 2 birds with one stone.

On with the review:

Intake: 3 tablets with my casein protein about 45 minutes before bed. I initially began taking these the day before i would train heavy on a priority muscle group (my triceps lag incredibly) but found myself easing into it every evening now.

Taste:
NA/10
No taste of course since they are tablets although with some supplement tablets it can be noticed that you produce foul tasting burps. Nothing with these though.

Price:
These are extremely cheap at most supplement website as well as in-store. In Australia, they range from $10-$15. Well worth the 90 Capsules otherwise general months worth.

Firstly in terms of sleep, these personally helped me out drastically. Before taking ZMA i would rest from 1am-6am or 7am if i was lucky and am now getting a full 8+ hours. Taking these 45 minutes before bed they do gradually put you into a fair transition from Awake to Groggy to Fast Asleep. Waking up in the morning has also always been an issue and i could only assume that there are large numbers of people that arent 'morning people'. Waking up, i find, is alot easier than before and find myself refreshed and energized for the day ahead.

In terms of muscle growth and repair. Ive had some considerable differences in fatigue times cutting down and have found im feeling alot less strained as well. I CANNOT say that this gave me huge gains and put on 10 pounds of muscle within a few months but it did give me some kind of evident muscle size and growth as to compared to earlier days when i was not taking them.

Libido Increase. 2nd to sleeping differences this stood out quite alot. After only a week into them, it was noticeable that i felt alot more sexually active then what i was previously and it reinforced that factor in the bedroom. Put Simply, the girlfriend loves these as much as i do ;P

Side Effects:
With all supplements comes side effects, some negative as well. There had been cases of some users stating that the ZMA provokes dreams in which stood out alot more than a normal dream. I personally experience this myself from time to time at an average of 2-3 times a fortnight and can say that they can be very vivid i.e widescreen, neon colored with a disturbing 'psychedelically' feel. Although it has been said through
'studies' that the the magnesium and zinc can react with each other to create a somewhat enhanced dream recall that produce these psychodynamic results in the brain. But personally i would not rely on that as a 100% accurate finding itself.

Overall i would give high recommendations to this product to people that are looking to naturally boost testosterone for a low price as well as assist in their sleeping and resting states, especially those on POWs that can stay in the body for awhile.

Personally 9/10

Mr.X

May 17, 2011

Pros:
 Cons:
  • Great Sleep
  • Crazy Dreams
I began using ZMA about a year ago to help get the most out of my natural test booster. I have had great experiences with Universal products which is why i chose this supp but there is most likely no noticable difference between brands. Since i began using this product it has been a staple in my supplement routine. The value of this product is great it is one of the most effective supps while also being one of the least expensive normally around $15

Dosing/other supps: I would take the maximum dose about 30 min before bed and a casein protien right before i passed out

Effectiveness: About 10 min after i layed down i would always pass out, it wasnt like i was drugged it just kind of made me feel relaxed and just eased the transition. I dont have any problems falling asleep normally but sometimes i wake up during the night but when i use this product that is not the case and i get a solid 6 to 8 hours of deep undisterbed sleep. I would wake up refreshed and without feeling lethargic.

Sides: The only negative experience i had with this product was occasionaly, like 2x a week i would have very intense dreams. They were not as bad as some people have experienced but definately on a different level than my normal dreams. This is common with a ZMA product however and i was expecting this.

Overall: I would definatley recommend ZMA pro to anyone looking to get the most out of a natty test booster or someone who is just trying to produce as much test as possible by putting thier body into a deep sleep where your production of hormones is at its highest. And i plan to contine using this product in the future. Hope this is helpful