Ultra Iso Whey Reviews

By: Universal

FORUM TOPICS

Protein > Whey Protein
Ultra Iso Whey is a Whey Protein Powder manufactured by Universal. It is a dairy based protein that supports lean muscle gain by suppling additional protein to recovering muscles, which can also improve fat loss.

Only 2 Reviews - Waiting for more trustworthy reviews

February 15, 2013

Pros:
 Cons:
  • Quality Protein
  • Low Carb
  • Low Sodium
  • Taste Not The Best
There were a couple of reasons why I bought this product:

1. to increase my daily intake of protein because im always on the go and cant always eat my meals (280g protein per day!)

2. so I could kill 2 birds with one stone and have it as a post work out shake - trying to be cost effective here as I am a student :)

How did I find it? Awesome for what I was trying to achieve out of the tub, the cost was very effective for what it offered in comparison to others (I was taking ON Gold Standard before and that cost me an arm and a leg!).

RESULTS:
On the scales, I gained 3 pounds in the 5 weeks of using this so as to supplement my strict diet, and actually dropped 2% bodyfat. After using the Ultra Whey Pro for a few weeks, i read the nutritional panel in more detail and realised that it was very low in sodium! Given i love a drier and leaner look, call it a fluke but this worked well. The carbs/protein/fat ratio on this was very top notch too. Highly recommended IMO. I also liked the idea of added potassium too, especially if you're taking your shake with water (which i do).

TASTE:
The taste is ok (not the best like Iso Sensation). I ended up with the strawberry banana flavour. Although it wasn't anything to crave over, it was certainly bearable. Also mixed pretty well, no clumpy bits either. Definitely would go through another tub easy without getting sick of it.

SIDE EFFECTS:
This one's a bit iffy, I mean i never really got a bloated feeling off this? If anything I found i could eat an hour later - which wasnt always beneficial for me if i was trying to use it as a semi-meal replacement type thing? Having said that i didn't get any acne on this one (not sure if im the only one who sometimes gets pimples from protein?). Pretty hard to get a side effect from protein though hey.

SUPPLEMENTS:
My standard stack of creatine (which i take separately to my protein shake) and my amino acids and pre workout.

EXERCISE/DIET:
Trained 5 days a week on this, 5 days on 2 days off and would occasionally have a scoop or two on days off. My diet is fairly strict, 280g Protein, 150g carbs and 45g fats.

OVERALL:
Can say ill be back for this as an overall good product for both post work out and to help fit in the macros throughout the day. Cost effective, tastes well, last long and good for my goals. 8 out of 10 for me

May 3, 2012

Pros:
 Cons:
  • Quality Protein
  • Low Carb
  • 1 Size Only
I've tried Universal IsoWhey back in the day, when I was trying to a lean muscle. I used it in conjunction with Animal Nitro paks.
--------------------------------------------
EFFECTIVENESS:(8)
_________________
I used two scoops post-workout and as a midday meal, and I did find I looked and felt harder after my first tub. My diet back then was pretty solid so yes the results I can say were from IsoWhey. I also found it helped slighty with my recovery but not so significant compared to other proteins.

MIXIBILITY(9)
_____________
Mixibility was very good it mixed in an instant. I added 2 scoops to 300mls-350mls of water. And another thing its not thick at all because its a pure whey isolate.

TASTE(6)
________
I had the fruit punch flavor. It wasn't the best tasting, it was nasty to say the least. Not a fan of fruit punch flavored powders besides VPX redline. Again taste is not important to me, results are.

PRICING(6)
This is the major drawback is the cost and the servings, I know I had 4 servings daily but it was too pricy for my liking (here in S.A up to $80) and that's only 36 servings. And there is only one size avaliable(908g)

OVERALL(8)
__________
I rate Universal IsoWhey an 8. A very respectable, high quality Whey Isolate protein, that's low in calories, carbs, fat and sugar! Perfect for cutting or for precontest prep! If the pricing and serving sizes were better I'd give this product another go!

*fridge