Ranks #4 (better than 82%)
In: Protein > Post-Workout Recovery Formulas

(3.28 lb) - [$10.67/lb]

Muscle and Strength

(3.28 lb) - [$11.27/lb]

A1Supplements

Torrent is a Post-Workout Protein Supplement manufactured by Universal. It is designed to feed the muscles with protein, carbs and amino acids immedaitely following a workout to assist in muscle recovery and growth.

5.8
  April 28, 2017

• Proprietary Blend
  • Need Profile Updating

I remember when Torrent first came out I though, "Geez, what DOESN'T this have in it?" But it was hyped up a lot by Universal so I spent the $35 or so on it to try it out. That container emptied way too fast and I was super disappointed about that. Unfortunately, because of the price Torrent hasn't become my staple and I think that's been the greatest detriment to this product taking off as much as it could have.

Torrent is geared to be the end-all of post-workout supplements with essentially five parts: protein, carbs, leucine, aminos, and creatine.

To begin, Torrent uses 20g of whey protein hydrolysate. Hydrolysate is shown to be quicker absorbing and digest faster than whey isolate and the process to make whey hydrolysate makes the price go up, just like whey isolate is more expensive than whey concentrate. I'd be curious to know the true difference between isolate and hydrolysate for digestion--does it justify the price? Because if not, Universal spent a lot of money to fix flavoring for Torrent (WPH is slightly bitter because of the heating process) as well as including WPH. In my opinion, if they stuck with isolate in their formula, it may have helped with overall price.

Next is carbs: Torrent has 52g of carbs per serving and uses part of that as waxy maize starch for quick uptake and delivery. I'm a fan of WMS, but in a 52g carb profile, when half of that is sugar (d-glucose) and an unidentified amount is the somewhat controversial maltodextrin.

The first of Torrent's "big three" proprietary blends is Leucine. With 8g of four different leucines, this is probably my favorite part of Torrent. Universal rightly recognizes this BCAA powerhouse and gives an excellent dose to maximize protein synthesis.

The next proprietary blend is the amino blend and has to be the one that disappoints me the most. With 7g of four aminos and unable to tell how much of each, it leaves something to be desired. Since Taurine is listed first, it has the greatest amount to contribute to the blend, which is good news to me, since Taurine has been shown to have a wide range of benefits for muscle recovery. But right after Taurine is glutamine akg, and you're probably aware of the controversy surrounding glutamine (in that it ends up being better for gut health than muscle wasting). L-Phenylalanine and citrulline malate are also included in the blend. If it were up to me, I'd kick the glutamine and L-Phenylalanine, stick CM underneath Taurine and add betaine. But I don't work for Universal.

Last in their lineup is a creatine blend: 3g of mono, mcc, and gluconate. I'm not as familiar with gluconate, but the science behind it seems like a great idea. I also have no beef with the 3g dosing. Studies lately seem to be showing that this is pretty sufficient--and you skip the bloat. (For help with dosing, check out a helpful calculator here: https://www.bodybuilding.com/fun/likness2.htm and scroll to where it talks about calculating lean mass for your g per lb.)

Cherry Berry Blast was the original flavor and it's still my favorite to this day. Green apple is pretty good too, but takes a bit to get used to. Universal is having to mask some odd tastes to help with this product, but in the end I think they do a great job. I hated that you were only supposed to drink this on training days because it was so dang tasty.

Make sure when you mix it you give yourself plenty of space and a bit more water than it calls for. Foams up pretty good.

Universal emphasizes the importance of consuming Torrent within 15 minutes of completing a workout to maximize the nutrients to the muscles, so that's what I did. And it DOES work. I noticed that my recovery time sped up significantly. I also wasn't as sore the following day, which enabled me to continue pushing myself to lifting heavier and heavier weights. If you're going for a steady increase in volume, this definitely helps. In my opinion, this is one of the more effective PWO for strength and recovery gains. Being motivated to push harder not from a pre-workout, but because you know your post-workout supplement is going to do its job is a very good thing. When I wasn't using Torrent (as I'm not now) I notice a difference in recovery. I use different parts of what make up Torrent (like CM, creatine, Leucine, Taurine, protein, etc,.) but it's definitely not the same.

Here's where I get hung up. Torrent will cost you ~$2.30 per serving, depending where you buy it. And you'll only get 15 servings. Now, Universal does this because Torrent is strictly for post-training. But if you workout 4-5 times a week (like I do), this isn't going to last you a month, so you'd end up going with their 28 serving, $60 option. That's a bit steep, especially if you're getting this each month. Universal tries to justify this by saying it takes the place of your PWO protein and other supplements you'd buy, but I think that's a hard thing to convince people of. True, your body is an investment. But this is a high price-point to convince consumers to justify. I think 20 servings for $35 is much more doable and you're getting an average gym-goer's month's worth.

Side Effects

None, really. Maybe a bit of gas in the beginning, but I was fine after a few servings.

Conclusion

I feel that Torrent still is one of the top post-workout supplements on the market, even if I would make changes to its profile and price. If you want to see some great recovery aid and have the money to spend, I wouldn't hesitate in recommending this. But if you're on an incredibly tight budget, like I and many others are, give this a shot when you can but you probably won't be able to make this great supplement a regular go-to.
  • Cherry berry blast: 9/10
  • Green apple avalanche: 6/10

Other Prices:
Ill Pump You Up   $34.95
Muscle and Strength   $34.99
A1Supplements   $36.95

December 7, 2016

Pros:
 Cons:
  • Great Formula
  • High Quality Ingredient Sources
  • Not Enough Protein

Hi guys, I'm going to review a product I'm super fond of, so much so I actually bought out the stock in South Africa. Funny story but very true, torrent has now become extinct our side thanks to the weak rand. But alas there was a reason why I loved this stuff...

pictured below
I was a huge fan of this profile and the only thing that was really missing is some extra protein, 20g of protein doesn't really appeal to me so I always added a scoop of whey to boost the protein intake, sadly. But the ingredients used are top notch, I love the different forms of leucine and so too the different forms of creatine opposed to good ol and watery creatine monohydrate. I think the protein content was the only floor in torrent to be honest.

Taste

cherry berry blast (8/10 ,with vanilla whey it was an easy 9/10)
sour citrus rush (7/10)
green apple avalanche (7/10)

-I feel the cherry berry blast was easily the best tasting, all are evidently bitter and I'd advise mixing a scoop of vanilla whey or vanilla whey isolate to first add the desired protein content it needs and secondly to aid the sweetness and texture that vanilla whey gives, you will be thanking me I hope, lol. The ratings of the sour citrus rush and green apple avalanche are generous, I might add.

Mixability

(6.5/10)
Torrent didn't mix too well, the problem was that its overly foamy and often you'd galp down a few chunky chunks here and there, which isn't too pleasant. My advise is to throw a full serving into a blender with 20oz of water, simple.

3 scoops directly after your workout with 20oz of water, I would have preferred a 1 serving scoop but alas I cant really give it a score.

(8.5/10)
Now when I started training way back in the day, Torrent was one of first all in one post workouts I ever used and I loved it because it made me feel fooing good after every session I felt pumped and it actually made me enjoy pumping iron just so I can feel "swole" hehe, a state of mind perhaps. I found torrent extremely rare to come by and pricey too, but once I got my hands on it again I felt what I did, well close to it.

I noticed my strength never dropped but rather slightly increased, even though I was aiming on a cutting phase. I felt pumped up and swole after every session not as profound as say a few years back but that's expected, I have used various supplements so I guess my body has a high threshold and its gonna take something special to make me feel what I did back then. Also my recovery was slightly improved nothing drastic, I ran a few bottles back to back, with no stomach issues luckily... I did gain some lean mass nothing insane but decent but that's a combined effort with diet, training etc. I did expect better recovery, but no product is perfect, torrent is by no means a flop but rather a contender for the ultimate post workout supplement in history behind the likes of after glow and after shock.

(6.5/10)
Universal ain't cheap and that's an understatement here in S.A. But torrent was going for around $40 on sale when I bought atleast 6 tubs if I'm not mistaken. But normally it'd be +- $60 without the clearance sale which is pricey, especially since a tub lasted me only 3 weeks because I trained 5 days a week, but lets not forget the inclusion of the whey that I had to have which costed extra $$$ but if they upped the protein I'd easily give a better rating. But still something so good is worth the wallet burn.

Conclusion

(8.5/10)
Value aside Torrent is really a top notch product, with the Achilles heel being the insufficient protein content and the lack of oomph in the flavor department. I am a fan of universal and will always be, there's a profound passion for quality and their products pay dividends to that. Would I ever buy torrent again? that's a tough one, there a nostalgic correlation to torrent and myself that I don't think I will ever overlook because its tried and tested. The euphoric feeling of a postworkout pump is something I can never grow out of, plus the ability to keep my strength (and slightly increase it) during a cutting phase deserves to be noticed. I definitely recommend Torrent, just be sure to have a tub of vanilla whey on hand... ...
  • Cherry berry blast: 8/10

Muscle and Strength   $34.99
A1Supplements   $36.95

July 31, 2014

• No Lean Gains
First things first this website is phenomenal. This is a first review for me but I felt compelled to shed light on the product.

After reading the reviews and seeing similar results I had to put spin on it. Quick background: 24 year old teacher. I've been lifting pretty seriously through college, played sports and used supplements often and have grown familiar with several products over time. Began my career following college and really lost the time and energy I used to devote to slaying weights on the regular. After my first year working I began regularly working out and reverted back to a supplement I was always a huge proprietor of... Ze Torrent.

I'm going to spare the details of the product because it is outlined clearly through the many other well versed reviews of this product. (Before reading I have to admit I've never taken Aftershock but seeing so many strong comparisons it's something I'm considering)

I began taking Torrent as the Post-Deal as soon as I could get home from the gym. Along with Torrent I was taking Animal M-Stack as a pre (Universal 4lyfe). Some ON Whey mixed with Syntha 6-Isolate (on occasion if I wasn't looking for the big insulin boost from the sugars and carbs of Torrent, thinking lean here). And just an extra steady flow of BCAAs and Amino tabs with meals and pre and post workout. The diet's been, for the most part, pretty lean, making my large carb intakes at night following my workout and try to avoid carbs in the morning. I try to shape my diet after Carb backloading but I don't do to it's full ferociousness. Bottom line, Torrent is a strong product.

(9/10) Strength Gains
Each workout for me is always centered around a strong core lift with auxillery lifts following. I try to judge gains by my initial lifts, prior to the shreddage. I can't truly accredit all of the gains to the Torrent but I always noticed how much easier I was stroking my heavy weight each week when I was going hard on the Torrent.

(8/10) Taste
Bottom line I'm not crazy particular on taste. As long as it's not some butt-lick I'm drinking following a workout, I'm good. That being said I did enjoy the taste of the Fruit Berry flavor I have. Not like the traditional chocolate or vanilla I had always turned to for protein.

(10/10) Supplementation
As stated earlier I didn't delve completely into the true supplement aspect. Reading the label this is a product that really contains almost everything you'd really want. The creatine monohydrate, high carb and sugar intake, 20 g decent quality protein. For those who don't individually supplement each it's perfect. If I want more protein, I take more whey following, it's simple.

(8/10) Body Composition
Going to be real here, a year off from slamming weights really deteriorates alot of what I achieved in college. That being said I put on the weight with Torrent. Currently I'm on the tail end of a 6 lb. container and I've gone 6'0 180 with 13% body fat to 189 14% body fat. I'm not lean but I've gained muscle mass throughout my entire frame. I've never felt the gains come as quickly as they have now compared to the glory days but in comparison to protein alone it's a drastic boost for the better. I never really approached working out as either bulking or cutting, I'm trying to do both at the same time since I don't look to the competition aspect

I feel full and bloated sometimes from Torrent but it's always a calming feel good bloatness (can't describe but it's not a feeling I get from any other post workout). Appetite has been relatively unchanged. Stomach hasn't been bothered but who knows, everybody is different.

(9/10) Overall
Not much to complain or nag on a product that offers so much packed into a single easy to consume supplement form. Price can be much and it's definitely not a on-the-budget type deal.

Closing note... I'm a huge proponent of a total diet, supplement and fitness deal to achieve goals. It's hard to measure the effectiveness of one product alone when I'm trying to encompass many things in my diet and supplementation to achieve similar goals. Torrent provides for me though the total supplementation that I'm looking for.

December 1, 2011

• Minor Nausea Until Body Adapts
Up to my second tub now, and I thought it was about time I wrote a review.

Taking this product (along with Kre-alk and glutalin) I was nearly never sore, and I go by a 2 days on, 1day off routine that is quite intense (Both weights and cardio)

I only took two scoops as I was on a cutting cycle (200 kcal) but that still worked great and the recovery was awesome.

Serving size and mixability is great, taste is also great I've tried both Green Apple and Cherry, actually look forward to drinking it after the gym in some nice cold water.

There was a little bit of bloating the first few days and sometimes I could feel a little sick after consuming it, but I got used it.

The ingredients are great. Good amount of complex / simple carbs and protein. It also has creatine and a good range of BCAA to aid the recovery. People say that there is not enough protein but 20g is actually fine, I had a good balanced meal 1 1/2 hours after consuming this.

Overall I give this product a 8.7/10 the only down side is the price, it can get quite pricey if you are taking a full 3 scoops however you don't have to have that much and it is definitely worth the recovery!

October 23, 2011

Pros:
 Cons:
  • Great Formula
  • Post-workout Energy Boost
  • Too Much Toilet Paper Used.
  • Minor Nausea Until Body Adapts
I purchased this (as part of my first stack) per bodybuilding.com's suggestion for a post-workout product. After running it for a few months, finishing the tub, and then comparing it to my post-torrent whey shakes, well, read on, gentlemen.

First off, let's look at the ingredients. A 3 scoop serving is 302 calories, 52g of carbs (waxy maize, etc.), 20g of protein, a proprietary leucine blend, some taurine and glutamine, and a 3g creatine blend. Not bad, actually. I paid about $60 for 28 servings, which lasted me almost 2 months. At $2.14 a shake, it's not exactly a great deal, but it's not going to break the bank, either. Assuming you can find some protein, creatine, and a bulk source of maize at a reasonable price online, you're looking at about $1.60 to make a comparable mix on your own. Cheaper if you can pick up any of those things at a considerable discount (as I have).

Torrent isn't a ton of protein nor creatine, but the carbs are solid and it basically contains everything I'd want in a post-workout shake, so no argument there. The protein is lower quality whey concentrate, but it's not the end of the world.

I got the Green Apple, which tasted fine. I didn't crave it or anything, but I never got tired of it either, so that's a plus. I also found I could drink one of these shakes and still eat lunch after my morning workout, so it didn't bloat me or anything either.

With that said, I did have some digestive issues with this supplement to the tune of runny bowel movements and/or upset stomach if I didn't take this at the same time as eating real, solid food. On the days I couldn't eat lunch with my Torrent, I'd get an upset stomach. It didn't happen every time, but it happened enough (and only on the days I took Torrent) that I could find nothing else in my stack to blame.

How is my current (whey isolate) recovery compared to my Torrent days? Fine. Not a huge difference as far as I'm concerned. I guess I feel a little more lethargic after a big workout on whey alone, but then again, I'm not running to the bathroom every few seconds either! And, as always, eating real food is a great post-workout option and I usually eat lunch along with my whey isolate, which is basically the best of both worlds, IMO.

If you don't have the time or the patience to mix up your own post-workout concoction or don't want to go bargain hunting only to pretend you're a mad chemist in your kitchen just to get your post-workout carbs/protein/creatine, then by all means, pick up a tub of Torrent (and hope it generally agrees with your gut). Otherwise, I'd suggest you buy in bulk and find your own personal post-workout formulation. It's cheaper and more fun.

July 28, 2011

• Not Enough Protein
Universal Torrent "Anabolic Muscle Building Supplement" :Triggers New Muscle Growth with Key Aminos and Creatine:

Why did I buy Torrent?
- I bought Torrent because of reading the importance of post workout carbs and it had a lot of goodies in it. 8 grams of Leucine, 3 grams of a creatine blend, and other stuff.

Does Torrent Deliver? Yes.
Is Torrent Worth The Money? Yes and No. Yes, being if you have extra cash because it's a great product and No because it's so damn expensive.

On to the review.

Over the past 2 months I've had the Green Apple Avalanche and the Sour Citrus Rush so the taste will have two categories.

-Taste-
*(Sour Citrus Rush) 10/10*- On recommendation of my broski blade I tried the Sour Citrus Rush because it supposively taste like Sour Patch Kids. It didn't really taste like Sour Patch Kids to me but it still tasted amazing. It was kind of like a strong tasting orange juice like minute made or something. Also, it smelled great.
*Green Apple Avalanche (8/10)* When you first open the GAA of Torrent its like did I just buy some dog food? It smells exactly like doggy food. The taste though taste just like a Green Jolly Rancher. Has a wierd after taste but isn't bad.

-Recovery (9/10)- Torrent, Torrent, Torrent. The recovery wasn't what I was expecting. I was expecting to not even be a little sore. I was dumb to think that and I apologize to Torrent for putting it on a pedi stoole. That being said, I wasn't near as sore as usual and the awesome thing was that my legs only stayed sore for 2 days instead of the usual 4-5.

-Euphoric Feeling (10/10)- I'm not sure if anyone else experienced this from Torrent but after 10 minutes of consuming Torrent I'd just get this feeling of happiness rush through me. You can actually feel the Torrent going through you and it makes you feel verry happy.

-Value (8/10)- Torrent is very expensive but if you consider the ingredients then it's not to bad. It does have hydrowhey (not enough in my opinion.) 8 grams of Leucine. Hefty amount of Glutamine. I'd like to see a high Amino Acid Content for Torrent and about 15 more grams of hydrowhey. If you have the extra money go for it but if your on a budget then it's not really worth the money IMO!

---------------------------------------------
--------

Torrent Vs. AfterShock

-------
To be honest, I wanted to give Torrent all 10's because I love Universal but to be honest AfterShock has the edge over Torrent for me in effectiveness, not taste! I'm not completely done with my AfterShock, I got a little over half left but I can already tell that its better then Torrent. Also, AfterShock is only 1 more dollar on AllStarHealth.com. If your set on a recovery product either is a good choice and I'd recommend getting little tubs of each to see which one you like more before getting the big tubs!

-Overall (8/10)- I really enjoyed Torrent but I'm glad I decided to try something so I could compare it because AfterShock is superior to it. Again, try both to see which one you like more.

Key Pros:
Euphoric Feeling
Saves Your Ass From Crashing (Pre-Workout)
Awesome Taste (SSR>GAA)
No Bloat
Easy on Stomach

Key Cons:
Not Enough Protein IMO.
Expensive. (Only buy if you have extra cash.)
Not enough servings.

I can't decide if I wanna purchase a post-workout again for a while since I'm a teen and don't make much money flipping pizza dough. It'll deffintly be on a Christmas and Birthday list though. Whether it be Torrent or AfterShock, I'll probably switch between the two because my goal is to get sponsored by Universal so I've gotta rep em. If you try this product then good luck and please PM me and let me know how it goes for you.
Peace, Kubz

p.s.- I've got a few products that are up for reviews but I don't really feel like doing more then one in a day so I'll prolly have one a day for the next few days.

July 28, 2011

• Minor Nausea Until Body Adapts
I'm posting my first review after reading about hundreds of them on various products. I'm back in the gym after a 6 year break, and about 14 years since I was really serious (6 days a week for 3 years straight from age 18 to 21). That said, there are so many more supplements these days, so this site has been very helpful in determining which ones to use and how to build my stack.

GENERAL OVERVIEW:
Torrent was highly recommended by other users on this site, so I decided to give it a try. I like the fact that it's an "all in one" post work out supplement. I still added some glutamine, kre-alk creatine, and L-theanine to the mix. After I started taking Torrent I encountered my first minor plateau since starting back up. My strength gains stalled a bit, but after a tub of Torrent, I broke through the plateau and noticed substantial strength gains in every muscle group. I noticed the best strength gains at the very end of the tub- after 3 or 4 weeks of use (I lift weights 5 or 6 days a week).

Recovery 9/10:
One of the cool effects of Torrent I noticed is my muscles feel fuller and more pumped up for awhile after each work out, and my energy levels are back to normal fairly fast. Since I've only been back at the gym for 2 months, I still get sore the next day after all work outs. In fact, if I don't get sore, I don't feel like I did enough work!

Value 7/10:
Although the tub I bought is only 15 servings, I found that 3 skimpy scoops (instead of 3 heaping scoops) provided at least 20 servings. It's a little expensive to be a daily supplement for me, but I plan to pick up a tub every couple months.

Taste 9/10:
I thought the taste was nice, but I'm not picky. I had the cherry flavor and think the flavor is great. I haven't came across a supplement that I won't purchase again simply because of the flavor. I'm more concerned about the results than the flavor.

Mixability 8/10:
The product mixes fairly well, however, sometimes small clumps end up in my mouth. When that happens I just crush them up with my tongue and keep drinking, so no big deal. I always use a closed bottle that I shake for about 10 seconds.

Side Effects 8/10:
I did notice some nausea for about the first 5 times I used the product. After that I didn't have any problems, so my system adapted.

Other Supplements:
Pre Work Out: Beta Alanine, arginine, citruline malate, kre-alk creatine, whey protein shake, glutamine

Intra Work Out: Modern BCAA's 10g

Post Recovery: I added glutamine, L-theanine, and kre-alk creatine to the Torrent. About 1 hour after I take the Torrent, I always eat a high protein meal.

July 23, 2011

• Awesome Recovery
  • Post-workout Energy Boost
  • Loss Of Appetite
This is my favourite postworkout-supplement, I have finished three tubs and they won't be the last.

INGREDIENTS (9/10): Torrent is quite different from other PWOs it relies haevily on carbs, leucine and some other amino acids (taurine,glutamine, phenylalanine and citrulline) and whey protein. I think this is a useful combination. However, I am not sure how 52 grams of carbs, 20 grams of protein and 15 grams of amino acids can add up to only 302 calories. I read that companies are not allowed to "count" amino acids as calories, maybe this is the reason. This FDA policy is stupid and misleading but not the fault of the company.

MIXABILITY (9/10): I took a serving in a blender bottle to the gym, after finishing my workout I filled up the bottle with some tap water and the powder dissolved quite well after shaking about 10 times. Adding some water first and then the powder will probably facilitate th process. Once dissolved there are no clumps or anything.

TASTE (9/10): I have tried the green apple and cherry flavors and have really come to like the taste. A bit chalky and unusual at first but it never gets old and is not as artificial or sweet as other formulas. The green apple is better than the cherry, I think.

EFFECTIVENESS (8/10): With a formula like Torrent you can't go wrong. I have used it for about three months and felt better recovery. I still got DOMS but not as pronounced as without. I didn't "see" an additional Muscle Gain, the effect probably goes back to an iMRProved recovery and takes longer to really translate into Muscle Gain. However the muscles felt "fuller" and I had the strange feeling the muscles trained "soaked up" the ingredients right away. Probably this goes back to the great carbohaydrate source.

OVERALL (8/10): The one thing that lowers my overall rating slightly is that Torrent made me feel bloated the first couple of times I took it(it went away) and that it killed my appetite. This is the reason why i stopped using it because I workout in the evening and want to have a solid meal quickly after I return from training. An intra-product, Torrent and a meal was just overkill for me. But this wouldn't be a problem if I trained earlier and had some time between Torrent and dinner or if there was no creatine in it. Creatine usually does this to me, but I have a sensible stomach, anyway.

I haven't seen or tried a similar effective PWO, so if you can stomach it, go for it.

June 30, 2011

Pros:
 Cons:
  • Great Formula
  • High Quality Ingredient Sources
  • Great Recovery
    On the advice of my #1 Broski, BLADE, I looked into this product and the more I read about its ingredients the more impressed I was. I took this product a month ago at the beginning of my summer recomp. My goal was to decrease carbs to about 100-150 grams a day on workout days and then down to like 50 on non-workout days. I was training 4 times a week. For workout days my carbs were consumed at breakfast and post workout only. On my off days my main carb meal was breakfast with pretty much just veggies for carbs the remainder of the day. Ok, that being said what's in this product and what did it do. Here's the ingredient profile:

one serving: 3 scoops
    -Creatine Ethyl Ester
    -Magnesium Creatine Chelate
    -TMG

INGREDIENTS: 9.5
    This product gives you just about everything you need post workout to Maximize the Anabolic Window and start growth and recovery. From what I've been reading high doses of Leucine post workout are being found to enhance the anabolic process of your post work out meal by 16%. WOW! Research is saying these high doses (up to 20grams) do everything from reducing muscle breakdown to Boosting muscle protein production. This high dose of Leucine along with the nice carb combo of Waxy Maize,D-Glucose,and maltodextrin is where this product really shines to me. You get a triple carb Assault of slow, medium, and fast carbs, with a nice dose of protein, and all the other essentials of a post workout sup like glutamine for recovery, taurine, citrulline, and the creatine complex to boot!

TASTE: 8
    I'm not gonna lie, the first time I took this supplement I almost puked. It had a taste and consistency of nothing like I had ever experienced. I got the Green Apple Avalanche flavor and mixed the 3 scoops in a 16oz shaker cup. Believe it or not it mixed perfectly and thats a lot of product with not that much water. But after a few times the taste kinda grew on me to the point where I like it now. I will say that I did experience pretty severe stomach aches and cramps the first time I took this. I'm not sure if this was from the Waxy Maize or the high dose of Leucine but it went away by the second time.

PRICE: 8.5
    I paid $52 for the 6 lb. tub which had 28 servings. That comes out to $1.87 per serving. Considering you pretty much get all your post workout sups in one product I think the price is decent. Plus, I was only taking it on workout days which was 4 times a week. The 6 lb tub lasted me almost 2 months.

EFFECTIVENESS: 9
    So like I said I was taking this as part of my initial recomp phase of reducing and cycling carbs around workouts in an attempt to drop bodyfat while maintaining muscle mass. I think using it in this fashion is very effective. I was able to replenish my body post workout nicely while still maintaing my carb intake to mainly good complex carbs. The added creatine and glutamine were a bonus especially considering the high dose of leucine incorporated and its "alleged" affect on the anabolic process. I will note that I was training "Heavy Duty" style aka Mentzer keeping my workouts short but intense and I never lost any strength. My diet was somewhat restricted but I was always full of energy when I trained so I do think it was rather effective in that regard. I also noticed a pronounced feeling of all over body fullness about an hour after taking this. The only thing I can compare it to is when you nail a really good meal that fills out your physique perfectly. I have since cut my carbs even further and have stopped using Torrent but if you're on a bulk or semi-cut program I think its a must have. I'm sure it can be incorporated in many different programs.

Here are a few links on some of the ingredients in this product and what the science is saying:

June 16, 2011

• Awesome Recovery
    Well heres goes one of my FAVORITE sup's.

Effectiveness 9/10 Ive tried a few types of creatines and was always alittle sore the next few days. But Torrent is just on a whole nother level. As far as recovery shakes go this was amazing! I was rarely sore after a hard workout. Took 3 sccops per serving and it definatley works.

Taste 10/10 As soon as I opened the bottle I though "Oh crap this is going to suck" But from the first swallow until now I thoroughly enjoy drinking the Sour Citrus Rush. The taste was literally beyond all expectations considering everything thats in it.

Value 8/10 A 6lb tub normally costs about $47 with free shipping(depending where you order it). As long as you get the 6lb tub itll last alittle while.

Recovery 9/10 No matter what I have ever taken I always had DOM. Once I started using Torrent as my PWO recovery I literally dont get sore anymore.

Overall 9/10 I swear by this now. I will try Aftershock next, but I think its going to be hard to beat this honeslty...I recommend to anyone that hits the gym PERIOD