Juiced Aminos Reviews

By: Universal

FORUM TOPICS

Amino Acids > BCAA/EAA
Juiced Aminos is a BCAA/Intra-Workout manufactured by Universal. BCAA is short for branched chain amino acids. They are the building blocks of protein and can increase protein synthesis, muscle recovery and endurance during workouts and have also been shown to reduce body fat.

August 7, 2018

• Proprietary Blends

When I began my journey as a powerlifter, I did nothing but follow in the footsteps of my friends & of course, my idols. We all want to be as hardcore as we can, and there was nothing more hardcore than the Animal line by the kings over at Universal Nutrition. One of my first pre-workouts was the iconic Rage XL, and I've used nothing but the Animal Pak multi for nearing ten years. I recently decided to re-visit my past & found a little two facing of Animal's Juiced Aminos at my local Vitamin Shoppe. As a huge advocate for the use of BCAA's, I completely forgot how much was packed into a single scoop of this stuff, and when I went back to purchase my second bottle only three weeks later, I realized it was one of the few BCAA products I've ever purchased back to back. Sure, it's extremely tough to ignore the two giant proprietary blends that makes up Juiced Aminos, but I just felt so damn good using this stuff it was easy to not let it get too in the way when it came down to reviewing it.

How juiced up is Juiced Aminos? Let's dig deeper.

Juiced Aminos is broken up into two proprietary blends, 'Anabolic BCAA & EAA Matrix' and 'Juiced AA Performance Blend'. It's a tad bit confusing as to why the prop-blend route felt proper here, especially since it'd be super easy to break each of these ingredients down to a simple dosing, but we got them.

"Anabolic BCAA & EAA Matrix" (6g)

Instant BCAA Blend (Leucine, Isoleucine, Valine): Our three heavy hitters are for sure topping off this prop-blend, and we all know just how crucial our three aminos are. They aid remarkably in recovery as well as protein synthesis, and getting a proper dosing of these three intra-workout have proven to increase the amount of protein absorbed by the body when you hit that post-workout meal. Of course, the recommended 15-20g of BCAA's per day involves a little more than a scoop while training, but who likes drinking a gallon of plain water? Flavor it up!

EAA's: Juiced Aminos also contains six essential amino acids, simply meaning the body cannot produce it, and the combination of all these EAA's with the BCAA's make for even better recovery than just the branched chains alone. Of course, there's some speculation about how beneficial EAA's actually are. I dug into this a little deeper before writing this and while they are proven to enhance recovery, it's simply curiosity about if you need them. Since they're popularity is on the rise here in 2018, and companies are charging more for their products containing them, more studies have been published proving their use, so I say if you can get them, it can't hurt!

"Juiced AA Performance Blend" (4g)

L-Taurine: Kicking off this blend is L-Taurine, a naturally occurring acid that aids in muscle fatigue as well as well as enhanced muscle functioning, w which is just a fancy way of saying that it's a nitric oxide booster. We all love more blood flow & topping this blend off with Taurine is a good sign, especially considering it's recommended dose of 1-2g.

Citrulline Malate: Quickly becoming one of the most popular nitric oxide boosters in the market, and the one I've found the most personal success with, it's an awesome addition to the product. Citrulline Malate increases blood flow to the muscle, allowing for increased pumps & to help fight off a little of that muscle fatigue.

L-Glutamine: Often referred to as the supplement kind of recovery, L-Glutamine is another amino acid that aids in recovery. It's strange to see it tossed in here this low into the performance blend considering it's benefits are researched to be in far greater amounts than what's seen here, but with how well this product actually aids in that recovery, it must be adding a helpful hand in somewhere!

Agmapure (Agmatine Sulfate): Agmatine Sulfate is a wonderful addition to this blend, being proven to help heavily with blood flow, as well assist in energy levels. Outside of that though, it's also shown to act as something of a nootropic, aiding with mental clarity and mental health. Something all of us could probably use some more of, especially when being in the gym is your second job.

Glycocarn (Glycine Propionyl L-Carnitine HCL: A big set of words, I know. Glycocarn is essentially a combination of Glycine & L-Carnitine, both together helping heavily with increased pumps, intra-workout energy and fat burning, and on top of all that is actually seen to be slow releasing, meaning the delayed effects could be beneficial to you during long training sessions.

Arginocarn: A combination is another chemical combination of Arginine & L-Carnitine, and while it still aids benefits to muscle pump, it's mainly shown to help with brain & mental health, one study practically calling it the "cure to poor mind muscle connection".

Sustamine: One last chemical combination ingredient, this time with L-Alanine & L-Glutamine. Both of these being vitally involved in the production and storage of glucose, but also playing a huge affect in hydration.

Whew, a lot going on there. Proprietary blends always seem to be a companies "easy way out", or some stubborn way to hide their dosing so another company can't copy. Either way, they're lame, but Juiced Amino's has a ton going on here and all of it having major affects on muscle pump, mental clarity & the most important one, recovery.

Taste/Mixability/

Taste: I'm always a sucker for Grape, and I have to say this has got to be in my top ten list of favorite tasting amino products. The grape is spot on, though a little bitter when mixed with less than recommended water, I always loved sipping on this during my workouts. I would actually crave it at some weird times in the day when I wasn't carrying around my gallon jug, but zero complaints coming from me as far as taste goes.

Mixability: I always find myself lenient when it comes to the mixability of BCAA's, as they really shouldn't blend up absolutely perfect. Juiced Amino's gets pretty darn close though, but don't be shocked when you feel a big of the roughness with each sip. You can clearly see the floaties in there and feel them, but it never bothered me or was enough to force me to re-shake them. Never once did I find any left behind in the shaker bottle or the glass I used from time to time.

This is where Juiced Amino's really stood out to me, you could almost literally feel it working. I was struggling with recovering during this push/pull/legs split I was utilizing while taking these, and it almost felt like an instant improvement within days of using the product. I started off with a single scoop intra-workout, and this seemed to almost carry the benefits of my pre-workout once they died off & as I continued sipping on them. After a few days of testing the waters, I increased to two scoops in my gallon, and another scoop tossed into my shaker bottle for during training. I still had my sore days but it seemed like my recovery time was nearly cut in half after drinking this stuff consistently, making my life much less painful and still allow me the ability to train as hard as possible when I have to.

I saw most of the performance blend benefits as soon as I started sipping on Juiced Amino's during the day, downing two scoops of it before I even got to the gym. A few times I used it without any pre-workout, there were noticeable increases in my muscle pump & endurance, and I made a few big leaps in number of reps during my run of Juiced Amino's. Can I say it was because of them? Probably not, but it's crucial for the body to be able to handle consistent heavy training sessions day after day, and I'm confident in myself saying that Juiced Amino's played a huge role in my ability to survive the last nearly 6 weeks of training in that style.

I don't mind paying for quality, and I payed $29.99 for a 30-serving tub over at Vitamin Shoppe. During my online research, I found them for the cheapest price of $17.99 through AllStarHealth, and an equally good $19.99 from Amazon. Am I now a little upset I payed $10 more than I had to? Sure, but it was still worth every penny and scoring this for under $1 per serving makes it a no brainer.

Side Effects

Conclusion

If you told me I could only take a pre-workout or a BCAA supplement for the rest of my lifting career, without hesitation would I side with BCAA's. The older I get the more I appreciate a supplements ability to make my life a little less sore, and when you toss in some pump ingredients with a sprinkle of nootropic, I'm sold. Juiced Amino's might just be my favorite intra-workout product on the market, but there's been plenty of other great ones had I spent more time with, might just be better. If Universal decided to wipeout these proprietary blends & release a few more flavor options, I'd probably run out and buy more as soon as I'm finished typing this up. Team this up with that new Fury Pre-Workout though and be ready to almost literally become an animal.
  • Grape : 9/10

June 3, 2015

Pros:
 Cons:
  • Improves Pumps
  • Too Much Dye

This is my first review for SR, I actually heard about it from another company, and wanted to make sure to write a review for a product that I've been using for a while and really enjoy. I'm a competitive physique competitor, transitioning from OCB bodybuilding to NPC physique- first show will be next spring. I have been taking this mostly in a calorie surplus while also dosing with an intraworkout carb drink, but my diet was very consistent prior to introducing this so I'm fairly confident that any changes would be attributed to this product.

Amount Per Serving %DV
AgmaPure™ (Agmatine Sulfate) **
GlycoCarn® (Glycine Propionyl L-Carnitine HCl) **
ArginoCarn® (Acetyl-L-Carnitine Arginate Dichloride) **
Sustamine™ (L-Alanyl-L-Glutamine)

First off, I generally speaking dislike the proprietary blend, BUT I will say at least that the ingredients listed are ones that I'm relatively familiar with and can appreciate. Overall for value, I think that the 6 grams of EAAs is good, and would love to have a better understanding of some of the other ingredients. I'm a fan of supplementing with agmatine, and depending on the time, might think of using some supplemental agmatine based on goals, because my body responds well to that. One complaint I would have is in the coloring- I've been getting more and more into drinks without artificial colors, and I would love to see the industry moving more towards this.

As far as taste, I will say that right off the bat these are the best aminos I've ever tasted. Having tried 2 of the 3 flavors (I just purchased the strawberry limeade), I prefer the grape, but the orange is pretty good too. Flavor wise, the orange reminds me of Sunny D. Mixability I have no complaints with at all, there are some "floaties" but I expected this based on the free form aminos and I've found this pretty common across the board.

One of the major way I used this was as a stim free preworkout. I can say that I felt good pumps and definitely inhanced recovery. No kick in the pants like I might be used to from a regular preworkout (but I wasn't expecting this as it wasn't on the label), but I needed an alternative while I was trying to cut back on stimulant intake for a period of 2 months. As far as an amino product there is quite a bit of additional things in it, which served my purposes well. No overall complaints.

I find Animal products to be valuable on the whole, and am a big fan of much of their stuff (aside from Test, which I haven't seen much success with in the past).

Side Effects

Conclusion

Overall, I found this to be great for my needs, especially in a time when it feels like all preworkout products are incredibly stim heavy and I needed an alternative. Full disclosure, I have been taking Animal Pak pretty much daily for about 10 years now, and I do give them more leeway than many other supplement companies in regards to things like prop blends. In my book, if a company has the staying power to be around as long as they have putting out consistently high quality products, then I am willing to trust them with my money and health.

March 24, 2015

Pros:
 Cons:
  • Improves Pumps
  • Underdosed

Proprietary blends smh. I did some digging and found marketing text that says the BCAA blend is 2:1:1. Doing some quick math in relation to the potential doses of all the other ingredients... I see 1000mg - 1750mg of leucine. That's no bueno. Especially when you need at least 3g of leucine with bcaa/eaa for optimal muscle protein synthesis. Shows why they don't provide the dose amounts. So that means you HAVE to go with two scoops intra or post-workout.

The Juiced Performance Blend is the real selling point here. This blend is some of the who's who of proven hydration, muscle sparing and N.O. pump. The highest dosed ingredient for this blend is Taurine which will support continued cell hydration. Citrulline Malate will keep the N.O. flow and support muscular endurance. Next on the list is glutamine to help spare muscle. In addition to traditional L-Glutamine, there is a curiously small dose of Sustamine (L-alanyl-L-glutamine) at the bottom of this blend. Why not just use Sustamine for the entire glutamine dose?

After the usual suspects at the top of the Juiced blend, it's these next few that separate this product. AgmaPure (Agmatine Sulfate) adds to the N.O. support. I emphasize the word support because Juiced Aminos is best used as an intra or post-workout. GlycoCarn covers a few things from fat energy release to energy transport to additional N.O. support. ArginoCarn (Acetyl-L-Carnitine Arginate Dichloride) is a trademarked Carnitine bond from the same creators of GlycoCarn, and carries the same uses. However with the Arginate bonded into ArginoCarn, there's the possibility of improved N.O. support over GlycoCarn's cell energy transport.

Taste 10/10
The taste is just crazy amazing. I'm an 80's baby and I've got some old school juices that both the orange and grape flavors remind me of. If you're wondering how much water you can use, think jug. The flavor goes strong up to a liter of water, PER SERVING. This is top notch taste power with the likes of Xtend, Compete and Amino1. Ideally though, 15oz to 20oz of water to taste is the happy zone.

Mixability 10/10
Nothing left to chance, my taste testimony should help speak to the mixability. Almost no leftovers. Some dye residue if you fall close to the minimum amount of water.

No complaints in the recovery department when it comes to the aminos. What really shines is the Juiced Blend. Those that are used to any type of pump-driven pre-workouts will notice very little falloff in the hours post.

The value here can be polarizing, especially if you agree with my theory that this is a mandatory 2-scoop product. This is similar to seeing Bio-GRO for BOGO free so often. It's an absolute no-brainer when one can pick this up for BOGO free. That being said, it still takes me roughly a month to go through one container at 2 scoops per workout. For $20 that's not a 'bad' value. But I don't blame others that feel cheated on the doses.

Conclusion

Despite the buyer beware, this is still an Animal product... they still get some things really really right after a few decades. The pump is what seriously drives this product as the core amino blends fail some. If the BOGO free promos continue to rotate, that's a good deal.

March 12, 2015

Pros:
 Cons:
  • Improves Pumps
  • Too Much Dye

BCAA/EAA hybrid products have become increasingly popular as of late. Juiced Aminos is a product that claims to prevent protein breakdown, muscle loss, and help spark protein synthesis. After using two containers I can honestly say Juiced Aminos is one of my favorite products.

Amount Per Serving

L-Taurine
Citrulline Malate
L-Glutamine
AgmaPure™ (Agmatine Sulfate)
GlycoCarn® (Glycine Propionyl L-Carnitine HCl)
ArginoCarn® (Acetyl-L-Carnitine Arginate Dichloride)
Sustamine™ (L-Alanyl-L-Glutamine)

Honestly I'm not a huge fan of this profile simply because its huge blend and I dont know if each ingreidient is used at its effective dose.

----Taste/Mixability/Dosing---
Juiced Aminos comes in grape juiced and orange juiced both flavor taste amazing. I dosed this product 1 scoop intra workout, but like all bcaa/eaa products you can drink Juiced Aminos anytime of the day.

This is probably one the few bcaa/eaa products that I have used that I immedietly felt the results in terms of recovery. Typically I have DOMS 24-48 hours after a workout but for some odd reason while using Juiced Aminos DOMS was basically non existing. Not only does this product aid in recovery but it provides other added benefits, hydration, pumps, and endurance are all benefits that you can expect while using Juiced Aminos.

Unlike many of the other Universal Nutrition/Animal products Juiced Aminos comes in a 30 serving container and is not expensive at all. On most website I have seen Juiced Aminos are priced at $19.99, and on some websites there are deals for buy one get one free.

Side Effects

Stained my shaker cup from all of the added dyes.

Conclusion

Universal nutrition/Animal has always been one of my favorite supplement companies its nice to see that they are begining to produce products that are effective and reasonably priced. I completely recommend that anyone that wants to improve their workout performance and recovery give Juiced Aminos a try.