Animal Snak Bars has been reported as discontinued. See the replacement:

Animal Snak Bars Reviews

By: Universal

Animal Snak Bars is a Protein Bar manufactured by Universal. It is a quick, conveinient source of protein and commonly used as a meal replacement. The additional protein can help increase muscle mass as well as promote fat loss.

Animal Snak Bars has been reported as discontinued. See the replacement:

Overall
Overall

Pros:
 Cons:
  • Fills You Up
  • Super Cheap
    These caught my eye because well, first off I'm a huge Universal/animal fan, and second because they are so cheap, and thirdly because they had 30 grams of protein in them.

~TASTE/TEXTURE (8.5/9.5 out of 10)
    I had the chocolate-peanut crunch. Normally I am not a fan of anything chocolate. Why? Because I absolutely love chocolate, but it makes me break out hOrrIbly. Like most protein bar/powders, this had the fakey chocolate taste. Honestly, I could not really hint of any peanut butter taste. Barely, but not much to make it "chocolate peanut crunch" Should of just been chocolate crunch. The taste was pleasant however. Not like the nasty power-bars... Now the texture was something that I really liked. It was not too dry, but not too moist. Not too gooey, but not too crumbly. Texture was just right for protein bar. Most protein bars you can just wolf right down. Not with animal snak.... its something you have to bit a piece off and chew very thoughourly , then swallow, then repeat. Which I really like!! Because it actually fills you up... so it works as a really good meal replacement.

~EFFECTIVENESS (9 out of 10)
    Like I said, this definitely fills you up. A very good meal replacement. Also this helps with recovery very well. Most of the time I took this when I had a sweet tooth and major cravin for some type of junk food, yet a handful of times I took this post workout. Worked quite well! Better than if I took my 100% whey protein shake.

~COST(10 out of 10)
    DEFINITELY the selling point for me. I got 16 bars for under 19 dollars at discountsupplements.com. That is less than 1.20 a bar! They sell power-bars at the gas stations for like 3 dollars and Muscle Milks for like 4.

~SIDE EFFECTS
    soar mouth from chewing so much.

~INGREDIENTS
    I personally think that the ingredients in this are pretty legit. It has soy, casein, and whey protein in it. 30g of protein, 35g of carbs, 4g of fat, 29 sugars, and 304 total calories.
    Calories From Fat 36
    Folic Acid 0 100 %
    Fiber 1 g 4 %
    Trans Fat 2 g
    Vitamin A 90% (50% As Beta Carotene) 0 90 %
    *percent Daily Values are based on a 2"š000 calorie diet.
    Ingredients: Hi-Protein Blend (containing Isolated Soy ProteinCalcium Caseinate"š Whey Protein Isolate"š Glutamine)"š Rice Syrup"š Barley Malt Syrup"š Chocolate Coating (containing Sugar"š Soybean and Cottonseed Oil"š Whey Powder"š Soya Lecithin"š Salt and Flavor)"š Glycerine"š Invert Sugar"š Water"š Peanut Butter"š Rice Crisps"š Animal Pak Nutrient Complex (containing Potassium Phosphate"š Ascorbic Acid"š Folic Acid"š Molybdenum Aspartate"š Ginseng"š Linoleic Acid"š D-Alpha Tocopherol"š Selenium Aspartate"š Bee Pollen"š Niacinamide"š Oleic Acid"š Ferrous Fumarate"š Inosine"š Calcium Pantothenate"š Biotin"š Betaine HCI"š Dibencozide"š B-Carotene"š Zinc Gluconate"š Vitamin A Acetate"š Manganese Citrate"š Pyridoxine HCI"š Riboflavin"š Thiamin HCI"š Ergocalciferol"š Copper Gluconate"š Cyanocobalamin"š Chromium Aspartate"š Papain and Lecithin) and Peanut Flavor.

~OVERALL (9.2 charlie sheens out of 10 winning situations)
    I enjoyed eating it, it filled me up, helped with muscle recovery, good taste, super cheap, and legit ingredients. Another score for Universal Nutrition. Animal Snak=winning!!!!!

• chichistrong
      April 28, 2011

are you sure your sore mouth is from chewing too much? hahah jk, good review, I am going to pick some of this up. I waste too much money on MetRx $3.50 protein bars lol

• IRISH89

Great review

• taysab23
      April 28, 2011

haha im sure man... and for sure, some protein bars are ridiculously priced.. and most of them aren't too better off than a snickers bar. But this is definitely a winner in that category.

• Wrestler152

The 1.5g of trans fat in this kills it

• taysab23

agreed^^^
      I forgot to add that.. but honestly that is the only bad part of it. I do not know why universal felt compelled to add the trans fat.. but regardless i still love the product. besides.. i honestly think the pros far out weigh the one con.