Animal Rage XL Reviews

By: Universal

Animal Rage XL is a Pre-Workout manufactured by Universal. It is designed to help provide a pre-training advantage by increasing mental focus, muscle performance, endurance and blood flow. This creates an environment optimal for increasing muscle mass and losing body fat.

Only 2 Reviews - Waiting for more trustworthy reviews

March 27, 2014

Pros:
 Cons:
  • Taste Awesome
  • Very Under Dosed
Price: 7/10
$26 for 30 servings is probably a little lower than the average price for a pre workout. I went with two scoops per workout, but even that is not a terrible price. I'm somewhat used to paying a high price for PWOs, but this one was not terrible in comparison.

Mixability: 8/10
There were no problems with mixability. You may get the occasional granule sitting at the bottom after you finish drinking it, but there was nothing that would bother anyone.

Taste: 9.5/10
I had the "Mango Unchained" flavor. This is one of the best tasting flavors I've ever had. It really does taste like mango. It may be a little bit strong for some, but that's nothing that a little water can't fix. I also like that the flavor was different from the basic flavors that most other companies produce.

Energy: 7/10
With two scoops per workout, I had a pretty good amount of energy. It was nothing ridiculous that I felt jittery, but it was still strong enough. I do tend to be stim tolerant so that may have had an effect, but I still thought this was pretty good.

ORIGINAL RAGE
From what I've heard, the original Animal Rage compares to about two scoops of the new Animal Rage XL formula.

Ingredient profile: 6/10
When looking at the container, you'll notice that basically everything is a proprietary blend. This is one thing that Universal could fix. With that being said it does have good ingredients such as: creatine, beta alinine, citruline malate, l-tyrosine, and caffeine. I do believe that it is probably underdosed for most of the ingredients being that a serving is only 4.82grams. 2g of creatine and 2g beta alinine would be much better. But I'm almost sure it doesn't have that.

Taking two scoops takes away from the value a little. It is still a good PWO and I don't mind paying for it, but it would be much better if they made a 60 serving container and lowered the price just a little. $45 for 60 servings would look much better to me.

Overall: 6.5/10
I think this is an above average PWO. It is not one that is crazy stim heavy, but you will have a good amount of energy. There are other PWOs that I would take before this, but for an everyday pre it gets the job done.

3.0
  February 7, 2014

Pros:
 Cons:
  • Taste Awesome
  • Horrible Value
  • No Pump
  • No Endurance
  • Very Under Dosed
This is my review of animal ragexl. I will start out by saying I did recieve this for free and no im not affiliated with this company.

The original rage was one of my favorite preworkouts of all time. I really enjoyed it. I was excited that they were introducing ragexl until the supplement facts were released.

Taste 9.2/10
I had the lemon flavor and I must say it was spot on. I really enjoyed the taste. It taste like one of those lemon head candies. It wasnt artifical tasting and it had a slight sour taste which made it so good.

Energy
1 scoop 3/10
2 Scoops 8/10

1 scoop did little to nothing for me. I did start stacking this with focus xt and the energy was nice in the stack but not as a stand alone. 2 scoops was great. I wasnt expecting much since I was dissapointed with the ingredient profile. It was a very clean feeling energy and felt very smooth. It didnt die off and didnt cause any type of crash. It wasnt as intense as hyde or pwr but it was nice at 2 scoops.

I experienced no benefits outside of focus and energy with ragexl. didn't provide increase pump or endurance in its own. It has creatine, beta alanine, and citrulline but they are severely under dosed based on how I typically react to them.

Heres where my major gripe comes in with ragexl.

Value (3/10)
Nobody is going to use 1 scoop of this so this is based off the 2 scoop serving. 30$ for 15 workouts for underdosed ingredients and 325 or so mg of caffeine is absurd. How the heck can fully loaded be dosed properly and cost the same price as this. Everything in ragexl can be bought cheap in bulk and theres no reason why its under dosed and over priced.

They said they brought the servings down to make it more affordable for the consumer. Wtf? Anyone with a brain understands they are trying to screw the customer. It went from the original Rage being 28$ for 44 true 1 servings to RageXL being 30$ for 15 2 scoop servings. I just don't understand this at all. Based on the ingredients and how under doses they are this shouldn't be more than about 18-20$ tops. I wont purchase this product due to them being complete bone heads over at universal. Im happy there are still some companies that care about the consumer. It should be a good deal for both the seller and buyer to make it a good deal. When both are happy paying or selling the product at a price then its a good situation for everyone. Not the case with rageXL IMHO.