Animal PM Reviews

By: Universal

Growth Enhancers > Nighttime Sleep Formulas
Animal PM is a Nighttime Sleep Formula manufactured by Universal. It is designed to be used before bed time. It promotes restful sleep, increases REM sleep and helps the body attain an optimal state for muscle recovery and growth.

April 13, 2012

Pros:
 Cons:
  • Its Universal
  • Groggy Mornings
  • Doesn't Help You Sleep Better
First off the only reason I purchased this product is because I am a huge Universal Nutrition fan. Animal PM is supposed to be Universal's ZMA, recovery supplement.

I got my Animal PM off of Bodybuilding.com for $29.99. I took 1 packet an hour before bed, every day for 30 days. I was taking PM while I was staking Animal M-Stak and Animal Stak and Animal Rage (I was on an Animal bender).

The value is good for what you get but you are better off spending way less and getting a simple ZMA supplement if you think this product will help you sleep better!

-The GH growth boosting complex of Animal PM is the only real effective thing about this product. It is filled with GABA, AKG, Ornithine HCL, L-Tryptophan, and GPC. This product definitely had my muscles growing while I was asleep. Keep in mind the stack I was taking this product with and I always have a savage, viking work ethic in the gym and my muscle will grow on an all white rice diet!
I will rate the GH growth complex a 6/10 because it was nothing special.
-The immunity and recovery complex is composed of a bunch of amino acids. This I would rate a 5/10. Nothing special. Still woke up decently sore after hard workouts especially after leg day which is twice a week.
-The Sleep and Relaxation complex doesn't do much at all. I will give this a 1/10. I didn't feel overwhelmingly tired, I didn't sleep especially well, and I woke up groggy most mornings. I have no problem sleeping anyways and this product did not make a difference in sleeping that much better or longer than normal. This product has no melatonin or 5-HTP. Your better off drinking a NeuroSleep by Neuro before bed. Those really work.

I have to call out Universal Nutrition for introducing this product. They are just banking on the fact that they have many loyal followers who would ingest anything that Universal puts on the shelves. This is probably their worst product. Did not do much.

Fair and Honest,
GodofSerbia1

February 24, 2012

Pros:
 Cons:
  • Good Recovery
  • Swallow The D*** Pills!
  • Groggy Mornings
Hey guys so I thought i would post a review and also give a breakdown of these packs based on info i recieved from a universal rep. Here Goes.

- Two Blue Caps( ZMA ): Vitamin B6 10.5 mg, Magnesium 450 mg, Zinc 30mg.
This is fairly comparable to standard ZMA formulas from other companies. This is a bonus to have in a night time formula even if there is controversy over whether ZMA has actually been proven to increase performance. Also stay away from calcium at night if you want the zinc to absorb properly.

- Two Large Yellowish Tabs ( GH Boosting Complex):It is a 3000mg blend of GABA, AKG, Ornithine HCL L-Tryptophan and GPC. A good mix of ingredients but it would be great to know their singular values to see which compounds have significant enough dosages to be effective. I do feel refreshed and energetic the next day much like the feeling i got from Powerfull.

-Two White Tabs( Immune & Recovery Complex ): 2500 mg blend of Animal Nitro EAAs, L-Glutamine, Immonlin and Humanofort. This is what actually turned me on to Animal PM, in the past i have taken GH boosters with EAAs and Glutamine seperately. This product makes it more cost effective to do so, although some would argue that 2500mg is a low dosage to cram all of these aminos in. i still take an extra gram or two of L-Glutamine.

Two Purple Caps ( Sleep & Relaxation Complex ): 1250mg blend of Valerian Root Powder, Chamomile Root, Macuna Pruriens, Hops ( Yes ladies and gents beer makes me sleepy too ) and L-Theanine. So this stuff really KOs me after about 20min. I would only recommend taking this if you can get at least 8 hours of sleep. I recently started eliminating these purple bad boys because i wasn`t able to get enough sleep at night and was dragging my a$$ at work in the mornings. This is actually the reason i contacted Universal to find out which complex matched up with which pills. If you have problems sleeping this stuff is great and deffinately for you, but its not for me.

Overall: I am happy with this product, it is great for recovery but i have not noticed any size or strength gains. This is my second container. I have heard alot of complaints about the amount of pills and the taste but seriously guys, suck it up they are supplements not candy. In comparison to other night time supps i have used i would prefer it over Bulletproof, Z-Force, HGH Up or ZMA alone. I have seen better results from Powerfull but would take this as a not too distant second.

January 17, 2012

Pros:
 Cons:
  • Good Recovery
  • Good Deep Sleep
  • Its Universal
  • Swallow The D*** Pills!
    Hello All, I have been wanting to get this review out for a while but haven't had the time to really sit down and write a good one out. A little about me, I currently run the Anabolic Diet and use 4 Day work out split which usually consists of
    Monday: Chest
    Tuesday: Back/Bi
    Wednesday: Legs
    Thursday: Shoulders/Triceps

I have seen so many mixed reviews on this product, some really good and some that didnt meet the expectations the user was looking for. I personally had a great experience with Animal PM and would highly recommend it.

Animal PM is supposed to help boost your GH, and allow you to do a little R&R. This isn't synthetic GH like the pro's use, dont expect that. This is supposed to give you a deep relaxing sleep, and Help Boost you're natural GH levels. I found the most useful side of this was the sleep and Recovery.

Taste:N/A- Well these are pills, so there really shouldn't be a taste. Though it does have a pretty sweet cinnamon like smell. And too all who complain about Universal having lots of Pills, you should know better. Don't put that as a con. You bought a Universal Animal Product, it has a ton of pills. Suck it up and deal with it.

Dosing: 10/10- It's really quite simple. You just take one pack 30 minutes before bed on an empty stomach. Note if you do use a protein shake, allow 30 minutes for digestion before taking this.

Effectiveness: 8/10- First off, I didn't use this every night. As I don't ever want to become dependent on this. Many users claim that for some nights it worked and other nights it didnt. So for the first week or so I used this every night and noticed similar effects as others had reported. Sometimes it would knock me out cold, and other times I would be counting bottles of beer before I fell asleep. So I decided on the second week to try something different, and started using it only on workout days. I saw a big difference. It knocked me out cold every single time I did this. And I would wake up in the morning with minimal soreness, and ready to go. But if you think about it this makes since. Your body on days you workout, is exhausted, or at least it should be, and its craving rest. So if you use this when the body is in need of Good sleep it should work fine, or at least it did with me. I had gains over the past month, but I cant really attribute them to this. Having good night's sleep really does make a difference when getting gains in the gym though, so it probably did have some effect.

Value: 10/10- For me the value is a 10. If you dose it every day, it may get a little pricey. I bought mine for 23$ or something like that. With a four day work out split I was taking 4 packs a week so it actually lasted me about 7 and a half weeks. Which isn't too bad. If you do a five day split thats six weeks, and a 3 day split your looking at ten weeks. So the value is going to come down to how you dose it.

Overall: 8/10- I give it an 8 overall only because I think if you dose this everyday, like they want you become dependent on it and its really not necessary. I found it to be inconsistent when I dosed it every day, but found it shined best when only used on workout days. I have used a few of Universals products recently, and have really found great success with them. As always guys, no supplement will ever get you to your goal. Hard work, determination and a good diet come first. Than fun things like supplementation come after that. Stay big guys and rest well.

Overall
    Overall
    3.0
    3.0
    2.0
      November 26, 2011

Pros:
     Cons:
    • Cheap
    • Night Time Supplement
    • Expensive Compared To Other Sleep Aids
    • It Didn't Seem To Help At All
    I have been using Universal products for a while and have always had good results with them. When I heard about Animal PM I thought it would be a cool product to try since I have problems sleeping I thought I might as well give it a try. After picking up a container of it I started using that night to see if it would help me sleep throught the night. Unfortunately for me it did not help at all I was a little disppointed.

It is similar to the Animal Pak in that there are multiple pills to take in a small bag. For best results you should take the pills on an empty stomach about 30 mins before you go to sleep. After taking the pills and waiting a half hour or a little longer I would go lay down to try to sleep. Unfortunately for me I would often just lay there in the dark for awhile before eventually falling asleep.

I did change my diet and exercise program in order to have a cleaner diet plus having a tougher program in order to try to achieve the best results possible however I still failed to get any more sleep. Maybe my body just doesn't respond to their blend of ingredients or their isn't enough of them for my body to get the benefits from Animal Pm. I was going to return the container because I was unhappy but after the price to ship it back I just decided to keep and finish it plus I wanted to see if it would make a difference if I finished the container it did not.

Based on my own experience I would not reommend this product to my friends or people I talk to at the gym. If you still want to try it then I would recommend you get it a cheap as possible that way if you are like me and unhappy about it you won't waste that much money.

August 26, 2011

Pros:
     Cons:
    • Decent Recovery
    • Expensive Compared To Other Sleep Aids
    i start saying that the depth of the sleep and the time you need changes from person to person, for this reason my advice is to take my revision in consideration only if you fit in the following list
    - deep sleep during the night ( never happens to wake up unless you re sick)
    - problems with attenction and focus when sleeping 6 or less hours
    - problems with falling asleep when having things on mind or going bed 2 hours before as you are used

i tried Animal PM some months ago, i have some problems with falling asleep at times even though i always need to sleep 8 or more hours a night or the follwing morning i'm crushed.

so i used to swallow those pills ( bad taste but i dont care) when i knew i would have no more than 6 hours for sleeping, and i can tell it gave me some benefit; i'm rating this 4 on the value nontheless cause i would expect a greater recovery from a 30 euros product, and i also use a Melatonine product which is way more PowerFULL in making me falling asleep after i take it

my most interesting achievement with Animal PM was a combo i called "the bomb". it consisted of 1 Animal PM can and one pill of Melatonine ( 5 mg ) and man, that was a real recovering aid. the nights i slept 6 hours i could wake up as rested as when i sleep 8.

conclusion: the product is somehow decent but i'm not buying it anymore in the future unless the price is halved

November 3, 2010

Pros:
     Cons:
    • Good Recovery
    • Size And Strength Gains
    I'm just about to take my 2nd to last pack and I frankly just gotta say that I am really less than impressed. I'm sad to say it, because I really am an Animal fanboy. I really like Universal products, but I just didn't really get anything out of this.

The recovery was pretty good, but nothing crazy. Perhaps my age has something to do with it. I do believe that people who are older would benefit more than people in their late teens (I'm 19).

I was looking for a recovery and bought this when it first came out. As far as sleep goes, I usually don't sleep that well. I get about 8-9 hours of sleep every night. If I don't get 8hrs a night I feel groggy, but I felt even more groggy if I had taken PM that night. It didn't put me to sleep at all. The first night I took it I was up for 2 hours after taking it, laying in bed, trying to sleep. I feel the same when I wake up when I take this and when I don't. The biggest change in my sleep when taking PM is having extremely weird dreams (similar to the one's I had when on vicodin).

All in all, I don't doubt this products ability to work in people, but if you're young(er) and looking for a nighttime recovery product just get some casein or cottage cheese and some glutamine.

By the way there's 10 (decent size) pills and they smell awful and taste pretty darn bad, too.

October 21, 2010

Pros:
     Cons:
    • Cheap
    • Good Deep Sleep
    • Night Time Supplement
    I think my hopes for this supplement were higher than what I saw. I kept reading in reviews that this will give people a deep, intense dreaming sleep. Sounded good, right? Well it did not happen. No awesome dreams with Jenna Jameson as my nurse...
    My sleep did get better, however. I noticed that when I would wake up at 0300 for work after staying up until 2300 the night before, I would be up and ready to go like I just got 8+ hours of sleep. For those of you that think I may be used to it, no. I am in college and work. My work schedule will go from one day starting at 0900, to the next morning starting at 0330. Different days, not a set schedule.

The BEST part about this company is the easy dosing for ANIMAL. Everything is in its own packaging. It tells you how many days you will have it for. There is no need to guess or do math. For the 30 bucks I paid for it, it was well worth the 1 dollar a day for a FULL month. Something a lot of companies, I notice, do not like doing.

This supplement is real good and I suggest it to anyone who wants to start trying these kinds of supplements. It is real light on the wallet.

Results- Not what I had thought. This supplement has the same active ingredient in it that PowerFULL from USPlabs has, however, the results were no where near as good. This may be a biased opinion because of my experience with PowerFULL -in my eyes one of the top legal gh supplements out.
    For the beginner in this area, I think you will see better results than I.

Supplements while using Animal PM
    SSIN Juice- Same as Jack3d only higher dose
    Cellucor P6- Test booster
    Carnivore- Beef Protein with low dosage of creatine

Once again, I do suggest this supplement. Anything from this company I suggest. They have a great reputation. If you were considering this supplement or PowerFULL...
    The only thing to consider is cost. If you want cheaper, go with Animal. If you want Phenomenal results, go with Powerful.

October 9, 2010

Pros:
     Cons:
    • Good Recovery
    • Size And Strength Gains
    • Good Deep Sleep
      If you've taken other Animal products, you then know all about the smell when you open the can. Pak smelled like a multi on steroids, Cuts smelled like sumthing wet, and Pump...well you get used to it. PM however, smelled good actually. Kinda fruity alittle, but not bad.
      That aside I really liked this product. The quality of sleep was consistent & deep. The dreams were crazy. You can't tell if its real or not until you find yerself walking hand-in-hand with one of the Vitrix chicks. Got great recovery from this, especially after heavy lifting days. Next day soreness dropped, which was a great surprise. Did look like it helped with my GH levels, cuz my skin looked fairly clearer, and I started to look like I was getting some decent definition. Nothing major, but just enough to let you know its working. Unless I'm mistaken its ZMA based, so you will feel alittle groggy when you wake up.
      The one thing I couldn't get a beat on was how this affected yer sleepiness. Some days I'd take a pak and get real sleepy within 30 min, other days I'd take one and it wouldn't do anything in that respect. I don't think this stuff will up & up knock you out, but it might help you fall asleep from time to time.
      Taking the pills was easy enough. If you've taken Pak you know what alotta pills looks like, and this doesn't come close. 10 pills that pair up easy & go down easy enough. The tablets tasted alittle citrusy to me, which came as a pleasant surprise.
      All in all I liked this product. It was cheap enough, $35 or so for a month. I felt like I had lofty expectations for this (don't know why), and it did well. Animal, once again, hit the nail on the head. Best of all my Animal tin collection is taking shape...

May 23, 2010

Cons:
      Hardly ever do I like to give supplements a negative a review but felt since no one has reviewed this yet I had to give my honest opinion. This is one of the first supplements that have taken especially from Universals Animal line that I did not see really any effects from. I didn't feel increased relaxation nor did I feel any more recovered then normal in the morning. I was very disappointed because I had a lot of high hopes for this product. I will just stick to taking gluta-lyn and Body tech ZMA before bed. IMO you should save your money and just take a ZMA and glutamine because that's all I feel that's really effective in this product.