PRICES

Overall
Overall
  March 19, 2017

Pros:
 Cons:
  • Increased Mood And Focus
  • Taste
  • Very Good Value
  • Similar To The Paks
    Introduction:

Multi-Vitamins are a staple for me. I do not go a day without one. Whether its a single caplet/capsule/powder/liquid/pack etc., I'm downing one daily. Some I can feel working, in terms of better overall mood, energy, focus etc. Others I do not, however, hopefully those have an underlying benefit to my overall health.

Animal Pak has been around for 30 plus years. It's a well recognized brand and one of the first multi packs I tried way back when. My experience with this pak is extensive via the 44 pak container tub. I probably have gone through a dozen or so in my lifetime.

This is my first try of the Animal Pak in powder form.

Ingredient Profile:

Ok, lots to list here, so for your reading pleasure, I included a basic spreadsheet comparing the Animal Pak vs Animal Powder ingredients, I think I got all of them via copy and paste from labels listed on bb.com (my disclosure reference of information).

Please note Animal Pak Powder Ingredients are on the LEFT. Animal Pak on the RIGHT-I had to make my spreadsheet a JPEG to upload

I think my v-lookups were good to go, however, I will not say that I made any mistakes in copying and pasting.

Animal Pak Powder is broken down into 5 categories:

Vitamin Complex
    Amino Acid Complex
    Performance Complex
    Antioxidant Complex
    Digestive Enzyme Complex

Quick Summary of the differences, these ingredients are NOT in Animal Pak Powder(refer to spreadsheet picture):

B6
    Uni-Liver Complex
    Oriental Ginseng

Included in Animal Pak Powder NOT in Animal Pak:

Uni-Pro Blend- whey isolate-yes there's about 3 grams of whey isolate in this product, not much but an added ingredient

Other than the above which they removed most of the liver complex and was replaced with a Protein complex, there are a several ingredients that vary in dosage. Please refer to spreadsheet below.

Taste 8/10:

I purchased the orange flavor and if you don't like swallowing 11 pills/caplets, this if for you. The flavor was strong but quite good. I enjoyed it as it had an orangey tangy taste to it.

Mixability 8/10:

I would strongly suggest you mix the product in a shaker cup, not a glass. Found that stirring with a spoon gave me a lot of product on the sides of the glass, which I had to continually add water and capture the residue.

The shaker is your best bet here as if any is on the sides just shake it up and your good to go. Very little if any residue remaining.

Dosing:

I took 2 scoops in 12 ounces of water, in a shaker was the preferred method. Drank it on the way to work on an empty stomach. Please note, the directions say to have it with a meal. I had no side effects and felt absorption would be immediate, hence I ran with the above.

I didn't split the scoops up and maybe I could have messed with that dosing based on the below effectiveness.

Effectiveness 8.5/10:

The effects were similar to the original, regardless that the ginseng was not present in this product. Within 15-20 minutes of finishing the product, I felt more alert, my mood was increased and seemed to have more energy as opposed to other multi's I have had in the past. These positive effects lasted a good 4 hours.

Now when I would use the paks, I would split them up and the above positive effects lasted throughout the day or at least 8 hours. I didn't even think of splitting the scoops up here

My value based on purchase 10/10:

Ok, I bought this off of the daily deal site Pharma Soup and the price was $8.99, it doesn't get better than that. The only downside is I was limited to one. Whoever posted that Pharma Soup site, I love you bro !!!!

Real Value 8/10:

A1 Supplements has this for $26.98 as of this review. That's $1.22 a serving (2 scoops) for 22 days. based on the above, that's solid value.

Side Effects:

I experienced no side effects with this product

Conclusion 8.5/10:

I loved this product hand downs. The variances between the two Animal Paks vs Powder were minimal for me at best, yet the results were the same. This is one of the best vitamin powders out there, if you are in the market. I am definitely buying this again based on the above results.

Most likely I will split up the scoops to one in the morning, one in the afternoon.
    • Orange: 8/10

• Wis3guy
      TROOPer Level: 45
      March 19, 2017

Nice, I am a vitamin guy myself. It's hard to convince the kids though.

• Frankiemusc
      TROOPer Level: 67
      March 20, 2017

@wiseguy I am guessing u tried the gummy vitamin route with them?

• Wis3guy
      TROOPer Level: 45
      March 20, 2017

Oh yes, from bears, princesses, Star Wars.... You name it I tried. They ar 12 and 14, so when they where younger I just put them on the plate. Now they just say I can't tell if I take them or not so why take them.

• mhseaver670
      TROOPer Level: 83
      March 21, 2017

I wish we could get universal to come to Sr.com. I am a huge fan of their products, thanks for doing this one. I am going to check that site out as well.