Animal Omega Reviews

By: Universal

Animal Omega is an Essential Fatty Acid manufactured by Universal. It contains fats that must be obtained through diet. They serve a wide array of critical roles including cardiovascular, mental and joint health.

February 16, 2014

Pros:
 Cons:
  • Various Sources Of Efas
  • No Worries
  • Benefits Of Healthy Fats
  • The Pak Convenience
  • Joints Performance
  • Optimizing Hormone Levels
  • One Month Supply
  • Needs A 60 Pack
I have jumped around as far as fish oil products go. I've used others from big supplement companies, used store brand (GNC, Vitamin Shoppe, etc), used drug store brands, and finally tried Animal Omega.

The other reviews go into detail about what is in the can. So, I'll focus on my view.

This is as simple as it gets. Open jar, remove pack, open pack, swallow pills. Repeat tomorrow. No worrying about potency, no worrying about mixing your own bulk varieties, not much thinking involved.

The price is another factor for me. This stuff is cost efficient!! You get 6.5g of Omega Fatty Acids (variety of sources), and an absorption complex in an easy to use format. You can get a month supply for under $30...and not of questionable potency or source fish oil. You get it from a reliable company that doesn't sell garbage.

The effects: fish oil is one of those well being supplements for me. My joints feel better, my skin isn't as finicky (dry winters wreck havoc on my skin), and I seem to function better.

I keep my stash of Animal Omega stocked. This is one of my foundation level supplements. Protein, Fish Oil, Vitamins, and Pre-Workout. Everything else comes and goes as needed.

January 3, 2014

Pros:
 Cons:
  • Omega Ratio
  • Benefits Of Healthy Fats
  • The Pak Convenience
  • No Fish Burps
  • Joints Performance
  • Price
A solid, comprehensive profile with a price tag that just isn't feasible. Heard this story before? Yeah, it applies to every animal product out there.

Let's begin.

--Profile-- 8/10
6.5g Fats, all from healthy sources. Only 1g of this is saturated

Vitamin A, D, and E

'Omega Absorption Complex' 200mg
Soy Lecithin, L-Carnitine, and Lipase Enzyme

We get a breakdown of the fats.

n-3 EFAs-

Alpha-Linolenic Acid (450mg): This is the plant based Omega-3 Fatty Acid. The body has to process this into its usable forms, EPA & DHA. Only 5-15% can be effectively converted.

DHA (350mg) & EPA (450mg): These are the well known beneficial omega-3 FAs. General benefits include body fat loss, inflammation reduction, and a variety of benefits for more specific conditions.

n-6 EFAs-

Conjugated Linoleic Acid (800mg): This molecule has been extensively studied and shown to have slight weight loss benefit in few, and no effect in most individuals.

Gamma-Linolenic Acid (300mg) and Linoleic Acid (850mg): These don't need to be supplemented with in most diets. They have a benefit to the extent that they are a healthy unsaturated fat.

A number of benefits of EFAs are directly related to the ratio of omega-3:omega-6 fatty acids such as skin, eye and hair health. This product does supply a healthy ratio IF THE REST OF YOUR INTAKE IS BALANCED.

Other ingredients-

Sesamin: Synergistic effect with omega-3s and Vitamin E

L-Carnitine: A proven supplement, but as part of a 200mg blend...not effectively dosed. To say the least.

Lipase Enzymes: The catalyst used to break down lipids. Makes sense.

--Effectiveness-- 8/10
The effects that I'm looking for out of an EFA supplement are assistance in body fat reduction and relief of joint pain. Met expectations both ways. I felt that it was helping me maintain or even lose fat even on days when my diet got a little wacky.
And I experienced NO joint pain whatsoever. That is a noticeable difference between this product and generic fish oils. I occasionally get slight joint pains with other products, but none during this run.

This was also great as a healthy fat supplement, all other factors aside.

--Taste, Convenience, Packaging-- 9/10

The convenience was a huge factor. One bag, 7.5 pills, grab n go.

Fishy burps were very strange. It was either one or none at all. Never extensive bouts of fishy burps like I've gotten in the past.

Animal packaging and marketing is cool. No way around it. A misleading claim or two? Yeah. No big deal.

--Value-- 4/10
Below average. I don't often see sales on Animal products, and this one typically goes for $25+ for a 30 day supply. Compare to something like NOW ultra omega, and it's hard to justify.

--Final Note--
For me, after using this, I will go back to generics. The difference isn't significant enough compared to the price.

When would I recommend this?
1) If you have the money, and convenience is a factor.
2) If you're doing a weird diet scheme that severely restricts intake. This will make sure you get your essential fats.

March 28, 2012

Pros:
 Cons:
  • Various Sources Of Efas
  • Omega Ratio
  • Benefits Of Healthy Fats
  • The Pak Convenience
  • Joints Performance
  • Fat Burning
    I've used 2x tins of Animal Omega and this is my favorite supplement by a country mile.

What I noticed:
    -Joints feel much better... even after a heavy workout.
    -Improved skin condition
    -More positive mood, feeling of wellbeing
    -Increased ability to deal with stress
    -Greatly increased energy
    -Shiny Hair :)
    -Dry Scalp... gone!
    -Noticeable decrease body fat

I work out 4 days per week. My routine involves 4 days of resistance training and cardio. I spend some time in the steam room after my workouts as I find that it aids recovery.

I have never used an EFA supplement before. My diet is solid but I felt it lacked EFA's - hence my requirement for supplementation. I had surgery on my cruciate 12 months ago so I am focussed on looking after my joints. Coupled with CISSUS this has done the trick. No clicky, dry joints! The convenience of the pak makes it piece of cake to take and I don't mind swallowing all those soft gels. I have mine with my eggs in the morning.

Even though I've only used this product through 2x tins, it has already established itself as a staple in my diet going forward.

I would definitely recommend to a friend.

The only negative I would say is price...

November 18, 2011

Pros:
     Cons:
    • Various Sources Of Efas
    • Omega Ratio
    • Benefits Of Healthy Fats
    • The Pak Convenience
    • No Fish Burps
    • Joints Performance
      Diet:
      Thursday:Shoulders,Hitt
      Friday:Back,Cardio
      Saturday:Circuit,Hitt
      Sunday:OFF or Repeat circuit

I have always hated taking fish oil, mainly because of the gross after burps. In my mind it was better to just eat fish. I've been through numerous companies who all said this will not give you fish burps, and I still got them. I have to say this is the First and Only fish oil that does not give me fish burps! But here's the thing,having fish burps or no fish burps is not what kills a product. I'm not a person who goes for taste over affects or anything like that.
      The profile of this product is fantastic as far as fish oil goes, and other types of efas. You get 4000 MG of Omega 3's, 2500 Mg of Omega 6's, 200Mg of a complex to help it absorb better, and 800 Mg of Cla.Whether you believe in CLA's effectiveness or not, it can't hurt to have it in there. So your paying around $21 or so for 30 days or so, which may not seem like a great deal but you have to tie in the convenience factor along with a full dosing of essential efa's. Can you really complain? No. So what were the effects? For me the biggest was the joints. I have mentioned in other reviews about a nagging shoulder issue, again I will state DO NOT USE SUPPLEMENTS TO COVER UP A INJURY, use them to aid in preventative measures. If you are hurt go see a doctor. That being said this helps a lot with the occasional stiffness I would receive. So all in all is it a Good product? I think so. Its not a magic pill, you wont get lean and shredded using it. Hard work, discipline, intense training, and a clean diet will get you that. But as always this puts a foot in the right direction.

September 16, 2011

Pros:
       Cons:
      • Various Sources Of Efas
      • Promotes Good Mood
      • Burns Fat
      • Fat Burning
      • Optimizing Hormone Levels
      • Joints Performance
      • You Can Combine It With Any Other Supp You Like
      • Essential Fatty Acids
        Let me start by saying how great this product is. I personally spend my time reading about nutrition and going to the Vitamin Shoppe balancing the difference between products to estimate which one stands out the most and of course, is the most effective. From the omegas, I have found Universal's Animal's Omegas to be an effective product.

My Story:
        Before trying this product, I used to buy regular 1,000 mg omegas from the market, took it 3 times a day, one in the morning, one in the afternoon, and one at night with my meals to complete the 3,000 mg a day. In the overall, the omega(3, 3-6-9 or Flax oil) is a very effective product. Thus, taking Universal's Animal Omega, I didn't have to take it 3 times a day. One pack a day with a meal, will be enough and I felt a 30% more impactive effect than taking the regular omegas.

Effect:
        The pack contains 4,000 mg of different omega 3 fatty acid, flaxseed, salmon, cod liver, herring, anchovy, mackerel, and sardine oil AND 2,500 from omega 6, borage, safflower, evening primrose, sesamin; making a 6,500 mg of healthy fatty acid oil for the body!

The Result:
        I felt flexibility in my joints(better movement and rotation). I work for hours standing up and then I go to the gym so I need my legs and knee to be flexible and strong. My mood was very positive and since I have been taking it, I have been feeling in a great mood, "pure" and healthy. It has also worked as a natural fat burner. I have been bulking up(going off-season) but thanks to this product I haven't lost my abs. Is a product that'll keep you lean, clean from excessive body fat from your cells. After taking the product I feel like I just wake up from a deep 9 hour sleep. Great product to take it with a meal an hour before hitting the weights.

Stack it with Animal Pak for greater amount of energy if you are very active like me. I recommend it to many.

C. from Miami.

May 14, 2011

Pros:
         Cons:
        • Various Sources Of Efas
        • Fat Burning
        • Optimizing Hormone Levels
        • Joints Performance
        • You Can Combine It With Any Other Supp You Like
        • The Pak Convenience
        • Better Metabolism

- Better Metabolism
        - Immune System
        - Fat burning

...and many others.

Until now, I had been using ordinary Omega 3 supps like NOW's Omega 3, Reflex's and ON's. All of these are in the same category, about 300mg EPA and DHA in a softgel.

I decided to buy an Animal Omega can because I wanted to try Universal's approach since this product offers a combination of various oils and a specific Omega 3-6 ratio which is really important.

Anyway, Animal Omega can delivers 30 packets and there are 7 softgels of various oils plus one capsule which helps absorption. It also has the same size with the Pak.

I combined Animal Omega with Animal Pak for 2 months and after this time I experienced some fat burning and improved aerobic performance. In the same time, I also used Uni-Liver (another GREAT product), Kre-Alkalyn creatine and a Whey Protein. As a result, while I was burning fat in the same time I was adding lean muscle.

Who says that we can't burn fat AND gain muscle at the same time? ;-)

Anyway, this is possibly the best Omega supp. It offers an array of oils, a nice ratio of Omega 3 and 6 acids plus A, D and E vitamins. Also, something really important is that this product is Molecularly distilled.

Of course, there are some drawbacks like the price and the fact that the can lasts for only 30 days. But again... who is perfect?

Highly recommended if the price is not an issue for you.

April 4, 2011

Pros:
         Cons:
        • Various Sources Of Efas
        • No Worries
        • Omega Ratio
        • Benefits Of Healthy Fats
        • The Pak Convenience
        • No Fish Burps
        • 1 Month Supply
        This is another great product from the animal line. it has great ratio of omega 3 and 6.i really like the fact that multiple different sources are used for omega 3 and 6 like the omega 3 comes from all of the best sources Like salmon, mackerel, herring, sardine,Cod liver and flaxseed. Now there are quite a few pills to swallow but if you have used animal products in the past then you are used to this.I highly recommend this it's a great product to help you get your daily essential fats. another great thing I noticed about this is I don't get fish burps like some products I've tried in the past. That's definitely a plus!

June 29, 2010

Pros:
         Cons:
        • Various Sources Of Efas
        • Omega Ratio
        • Benefits Of Healthy Fats
        • The Pak Convenience
        • 1 Month Supply
        • Needs A 44pak Like Animal Pak
        The profile is great with it's array of different EFA's including CLA and L-Carnitine. It's definitely helped in cutting body fat and it does seem to have a positive effect on my mood (could be in my head but, I think it helps).Running on the Pak system is extremely effective in my busy schedule and the 8 softgels are very easy to swallow. Have yet to have a fish taste or burps like I have gotten from other EFA/Fish Oil products. Nothing but positives for this supplement and I highly recommend it!

April 7, 2010

Pros:
         Cons:
        • Various Sources Of Efas
        • No Worries
        • Omega Ratio
        • Benefits Of Healthy Fats
        • Price
        • 1 Month Supply
        I switched over to Animal Omega along side Animal Pak after previously taking GNC's Triple Strength Fish Oil. Those who trust in Animal Pak won't be let down by Universal with this product.

As opposed to a single Fish Oil or CLA product, Universal combines all sources of essential fatty acids together in this pack of 7 softgels and 1 capsule, which I think is the Lecithin, L-Carnitine, and Lipase added to ensure these EFA's are absorbed.

Animal Omega gives you a pre-measured amount of fats with a precise ratio so you won't need to worry how many omega 3's you got compared to 6's. I also really love how Universal "gives you a taste of everything."

This packs 4000mg of Omega 3's that come from many sources including Flaxseed, Salmon, Cod Liver, Herring, Anchovy, Mackerel and Sardine.

You also get 2500mg of Omega 6's from Borage, Evening Primrose, Sesamin, and Safflower Oils.

Here are the amounts for each:
        ALA: 450mg (n-3)
        DHA: 350mg (n-3)
        EPA: 450mg (n-3)
        CLA: 800mg (n-6)
        GLA: 300mg (n-6)
        LA: 850mg (n-6)

In addition to this I take 750mg more of CLA each day as "insurance", and I let my diet add more if needed. If eat fresh Sockeye Salmon that day, hey more omega's for me, but if I don't I never worry that I didn't get any healthy fats. This pack is a great way to ensure you get a great foundation for EFAs and it does just that.

For a few pills that you can swallow painlessly in less than 10 seconds, don't fuss about it being too much work. Meanwhile you go off and throw lead-filled pianos around. Don't complain and be an ANIMAL.

The only real con I found is the price for the amount. You get 1 container of 30 individual packs (month's supply) for around $25. Maybe give or take a few bucks if you shop around. If you aren't into coughing up a few extra bucks, shop around and you can find both a good supply of Fish Oil and CLA for much longer than a month for cheaper.

Overall, it's definitely a great product to have and use, ensuring you get your essential fats each day. Thumbs up!