Animal Fury Reviews

By: Universal

Animal Fury is a Pre-Workout manufactured by Universal. It is designed to help provide a pre-training advantage by increasing mental focus, muscle performance, endurance and blood flow. This creates an environment optimal for increasing muscle mass and losing body fat.

Overall
Thanks to Universal for sending it out!
  February 18, 2018

Pros:
 Cons:
  • Transparent Label

What is up guys? It's always a good day when you get to review a pre-workout. Universal is a brand that has always caught my eye, so I was especially excited to review this product. As always I'd like to thank everyone at SR and Universal for making this review possible.

5g of BCAA's (Leucine, Isoleucine, Valine): I am assuming its in a 2:1:1 ratio but we cannot be certain because that information is not disclosed to us. You gotta love seeing this added into a pre-workout formula though.

6g of Citrulline Malate: Yeahhhhhh buddy that's a clinical dose of PUMPS right there. Love seeing that on the label.

2g of Beta-Alanine: this is a good amount of Beta-A to help improve endurance however it is under the clinical dose of 3.2g. I'm still happy to see it on the label because endurance matters a lot in a pre-workout supplement.

1g of Tyrosine: Good addition but not dosed high enough to really have much of an impact.

350mg Caffeine: The stim lovers dream. A whopping 350mg dose of caffeine will have even the most dedicated coffee drinkers raising their eyebrows.

Taste: "Green Apple"
    This flavor was one of my favorite flavors of pre-workout that I have ever had. It had a little sour tang to it that I really liked. It was a very refreshing way to kick off every workout.

Mixibility: Very easy to mix. It always dissolved with no issues after a good 5-10 second shake in a blender bottle.

Dosage: I found my sweet spot to be 1 serving about 20 mins prior to my workout.

I liked this product a lot overall.
    Energy: The caffeine was a big slap to the face. I loved the sudden rush I would get every time I drank it. There were many days where I simply didn't feel like dragging myself to the gym because of my hectic schedule but this stuff always gave me the jolt of energy that i needed day or night.
    Endurance: The endurance was better than if I wasn't taking any supplement, however it was nothing spectacular. I could feel my muscles failing at points towards the end of the workout where I had been able to keep grinding in the past with products higher in Beta-Alanine and Betaine. I was still able to bang out extra sets compared to not taking anything.
    Pump: Major props to Universal for this category. My pumps were skin shredding. I felt like a greek god 10 mins into every workout (I got a lot of compliments on my veins while using this product lol) Very good 'Pumped up Effect'
    BCAAs: The addition of this to any supplement is a huge plus in my book. At the very least the placebo effect of rebuilding your muscles while they are being torn down is occurring. I however, do believe that there is some truth to this claim.
    This product has a very simple but effective design. Sometimes less ingredients (at good doses) is really more.

You can currently purchase 30 servings for $29.90 at amazon.com. This is less than $1 per serving for a pre-workout product that also contains 5g of BCAAs! This is a fantastic deal for a really good 2 in 1 product.

Side Effects

None (Be wary of high caffeine content if you have a low tolerance)

Conclusion

I would absolutely recommend this product to anybody looking for a little more out of their pre-workout. The caffeine gets you going, the citrulline pumps you up, and the BCAAs help you start rebuilding muscle immediately!

January 25, 2018

Pros:
     Cons:
    • Transparent Label
    • Properly Dosed
    • Shaky
    • Nausea
    • Few Ingredients

20 year old male active duty Army. Been lifting seriously for about 3 years now. Used a full tub of this pwo and I'm comparing it to Pre-Kaged, 1MR, Endorush, C4 and a whole lot of others.

Very short list but effective. Animal did a fairly good job of having a transparent label so points for that. First ingredient is a BCAA blend. Great, 5g of BCAA's but what ratio? It's listed as Leucine, Isoleucine and Valine but not exactly how much of which. Next is Citrulline Malate 6g. Definetly like having this much Citrulline in my PWO not underdosed the least bit. Next up is Beta-Alanine 2g. Properly dosed here, which a lot of other PWO's fall short on. 1g of L-tyrosine is nice to have in this PWO but doesn't hardly seem to help. The stims in Fury are 350mg of caffeine anhydrous which is not for the stim sensitive. I gave them a 7/10 on their ingredients because it's a good list almost all properly dosed, but there's room for so much more improvement. I like to have at least 3g of creatine in my pwo among other things like taurine and some B vitamins.

Can't complain here. Watermelon is nothing but a tasty treat. Definitely on the sour side but goes down easy and mixes well. The occasional shake of the bottle is needed but not too foamy or have a gritty residue. Taste was a standout for this product over other ones.

7.5/10
    For such a short list of ingredients, it worked. I saw a decent pump and didn't get as fatigued as I would without it. The proper dosing of the ingredients is a welcomed change for me from using other preworkouts. I felt the energy and sense of beast-rage from this come at about 20 minutes after drinking it. Then I started to feel my face flush and I would get itchy all over. I wouldn't call myself stim sensitive nor tolerant but I felt every bit of this 350mg of caffeine. I would get a little lightheaded after heavy lifts than with other products and feel a little nausea but it can be powered through. It was to the verge of needing to make a trip to the restroom after a set of heavy squats for risk of throwing up. For the decent pumps and recovery I felt with this I personally wouldn't use it again but for someone with a moderate stim tolerance it shouldn't be too bad.

The price is the norm here with 30 servings for $30.

Side Effects

-Itchy
    -Nausea
    -Had to pee a LOT from the caffeine (I think)
    -Shaky as a leaf on a tree

Conclusion

For the price you can get a better product. Animal has a good start with this and if they continue to improve upon it and maybe bump down on the caffeine I think they can make a great product. This pwo is not for me, but a stim tolerant person not trying to spend too much would be a better match with Fury. I look forward to see if Animal can take this up a notch and I'll give it another shot.
    • Watermelon: 8/10